GI Energy

GI Energy Reviews

GI Energy is a team of electrical engineers, Clean Energy Council (CEC) Accredited Designers, CEC installers, experienced project managers and consultants who specialise in solar PV and energy reduction strategies.

We were established in 2011 and we were the 57th company in Australia to become a CEC Approved Retailer.

GI Energy design, supply, install, service and provide maintenance for energy efficient products. Our core focus is solar PV, battery storage, LED lighting and implementation of strategies to reduce the carbon footprint and cost of electricity for our clients.

Our mission is to build long-term relationships with our clients by providing market leading energy reduction strategies through innovation and advanced technology.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GI Energy Reviews (101)

Great customer experience

We are very happy with our dealings with GI Energy. They offered fantastic customer service.
Peter (sales) was knowledgeable, no pressure and took the time to listen to our needs and found a product to suit or needs within our budget.
The installer was friendly, tidy and turned up on time.
Vanessa (admin) was equally as friendly and helpful.
We are happy to recommend GI Energy.

Fantastic service

Right from the beginning of the process I had a great experience. Thomas was very informative and the installation crew were very polite and friendly. Cleaned up all the rubbish and took it with them. I was given a two hour window and they turned up on time. Vanessa kept us informed of our progress and organised the grid connection for us. Would recommend this company to all I know who are looking at getting solar

Would recommend this company and the installers they used.

Easy, sales staff friendly & helpful.
Installers were polite, punctual & friendly.
Good customer service.

Original Review on 08-09-2020:

A job well done.

All our communications with GI Energy were by phone. Firstly with Matt Williams in sales who was very informative and easy to deal with and not at all pushy, like a lot of sales people. After we accepted the quote we dealt with Vanessa in the office, who was very knowledgeable and always returned and calls promptly. The installation went smoothly and the installers did a good job and left the site clean after they finished. Overall we were happy with the whole process. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Carey: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with our system. We are $136 in credit after 6 months which is above expectations.

Installation booked for May 24. The job was contracted to another company who was slow and unreliable.

GI solar sun contracted to another company who were slow and unreliable. I spoke to Vanessa from GI solar last week and she has put me on to Solarwise Wagga who have completed site visit and booked installation date this morning.

Experienced and courteous staffs

Very knowledgeable staff from sales to installer. Excellent website and review regarding panel and inverters.
Installed within stated timeframe and help hide the wiring to minimise visual impact on rest of the house.
Have hand in paperwork to retailer and keep me informed throughout the process.
Thank you!

Fantastic in every aspect. Very happy with my solar unit. Thank you very much

Very happy with my solar. And very handy having the app on my phone to monitor what my solar is producing. My bills have dropped dramatically! Thanks guys

A fantastic experience

I can't recommend GI Energy and Luke and his team highly enough. They were great to deal with, prompt, friendly and the intallation process went without a hitch. They use quality panels and inverters and give good back up service. The whole process from initial enquiries, quoting, design of the system and installation was no hassle at all. A job well done!

Waste of time

Peter the salesperson was fantastic. Took the time to understand my needs and quote exactly what I wanted. The company then failed to deliver... Anything.

4 weeks after deposit was paid I had heard nothing and had to chase them. The installer failed to even show up, then failed to return calls. They wouldn't put the install date in writing. They only answer emails when I threatened to cancel the job. Which I did. Now waiting for my deposit back.

GI Energy are brilliant

GI Energy were by far the best. with the temporary shading issues we have, they gave us a solution that works being an enphase system, where others pushed to waste our money with a system that wouldn't cope with the shade. Tom and the team were awesome from the start and continue to give fantastic customer service.
We requested finance through Humm as Bright rejected an application, even though our income is more than adequate. The price below includes the total interest that Humm charges upfront.

Solargain refused to talk to us or give a quote without finding out the situation and based their decision off old photos of the property..

Excellent experience

Sales process was excellent. Came to our property and explained everything in detailing, highlighting much of what you say on your website. 13kw system installed on the day - no issues whatsoever. Just waiting to hook with my energy supplier to start getting the benefits of it. Very good experience overall.

Great job and price GI Energy.

Solar Quotes prompt and definitive. Three choices all replied and gave efficient quotes.

Install was on time and painless.

Had to reduce the number of cells due to lack of space on roof as determined by aerial calculation.
No quibbles on panel refund. Note: all the quotes made the same deduction on numbers.

Still waiting for new meter and grid connection. Not GI Energy's problem.

Good result all round. Thanks to all.

Quality, great value and super efficient install

GI Energy were excellent from start to finish. Stayed in contact and were professional and super-efficient. The local installer Ryzelect was excellent and it was a very neat install.

Original Review on 26-08-2020:

Expensive but hopefully worth it

Quoting process was done over the phone. Would have preferred someone visit us.
The guys who did the installation were really good.

8 months later we asked Brent: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Have had the solar for approximately 1 year, and haven't had any issues. The performance has certainly met our expectations.

Thoroughly Recommend this Company

We were happy with GI Energy with their professionalism from start to finish in helping us through the maze of understanding a solar system and how it all works and the benefits to be gained.

We were very happy with our choice of solar panel as we believe it is now one of the best on the market.

We were very impressed with the installers as they were very professional and worked without any mess left behind and gave us once again more advice on how the panels work and ran us through the complete system including the inverter.

We would thoroughly recommend this company and their panels as well as their installation company.

Gi Energy

Great experience from start to finish. Salesperson wasn't pushy and weren't trying to get us to buy something we didn't need.
Tradies were upfront and honest.
A few tiles were cracked in the process but they informed me straight away and they replaced them.
Very smooth process from start to finish.
Tradies cleaned up their mess and did a very neat and tidy job.

Unsatisfactory installation of inverter

I can't default the consultant Joel Atkins ,the quoting price is reasonable ..GI Energy uses Advanced Electrical Supply to install the product I am having issues with Advanced E.S., still waiting for them to fix or properly connect or re-align the connector hose to the inverter which is being held by rubber hose. I know this is wrong as I have another Sungrow inverter with all the right connection in place. They are not that friendly I have to ask for their names, & they didn't take extra precaution while walking on the roof, they broke more than 10 roof tiles & left a broken tile which was replaced now, also when they put the ladder, no cushion to protect the gutter I have to remind them to put something underneath the ladder for protection for my gutter. The first day of site inspection was windy, * ladder slide through the end of gutter end, & when we had rain, it leak. There are few more issues but the inverter connector hose is the priority one. I trusted Mr. Peacock with good reviews about GI Energy, hopefully this can be rectified. ... Thank You

We are sorry you are not entirely happy with your solar installation Evelyn. Your solar install was unfortunately planned to be installed when NSW experienced a 1 in 100 year storm which resulted in record levels of rain and major disruption to all services including solar installs. Despite our best efforts, we were not able to install through this weather and some solar arrays had to be rebooked to be completed safely after the chaos had passed. For your install specificall, we returned to complete your install 4 working days after it was originally planned. As much as we would love to be able to control the weather and never delay installations, sometimes it is just not possible to do so safely.

Unfortunately, with any work on concrete tile roofs, there is always a chance tiles can break. We always make customers aware of this verbally and in writing and ask customers to have spares tiles ready so we can replace any that are compromised when working on the roof. On this occasion, there were some tiles affected which we replaced with new ones promptly.

In relation to your comments about the inverter connection, you are correct, this was done differently to your other installation of which you sent us some photos. However, it was not installed incorrectly, unsafely or in an inferior way. The way your inverter was installed was using T rated Heavy Duty Conduit whereas the installation on your other property, which was completed by others, was installed using exposed UVrated cable. The reason we install our inverters this way is to add extra protection. The standards as to whether this extra protection is needed is down to interpretation. Whenever there is a "grey area" with standards our installation team will always include the extra protection over exposed cable, which is commonly seen as a much better installation practice, it may not look the same as your other one but there is a safety reason behind it. However, as we have discussed with you we can change this to suit your requirements if you prefer the aesthetics of having exposed cable like your other inverter.

We are always looking at ways of improving our install quality and customer experience and we have taken your comments very seriously.

At GI Energy, we will always follow through any concerns customers have with their solar system and we are committed to having happy customers. We are here to look after you and at the time of writing this response to your review we are organising for the inverter to be changed to meet your request.

Professional from the first call.

GI Energy.
The quoting process was very professional, informative and easy to understand. Installation was done by one person who was quick and tidy. He arrived on time and explained the process to me as well as the operation of the system and a few hints and tips with solar. Administration staff were very helpful and kept me up to date with the process. They helped to organise grid connection after the installation.
Highly recommend GI Energy.

job well done

yes to.all of the above.. everyone was punctual and polite and all went as we discussed. no bumos in the road..so far very happy with our instalation from beginning to end.

A cut above to others I spoke to

Great, from the outset of getting a few quotes it was clear GI are a professional organisation.
The BDM took time to explain everything and offer different options based on quality and budget. Others I dealt with asked me what I wanted and then just went on to be the cheapest quote.
GI's installer Darren was great, his attention to detail was outstanding and they went above to make sure the system not only worked correctly but also the install looked sharp and clean.
It's all working well and I can see it in real time on the app.
I would happily recommend GI to anyone looking for a solar set up.

Brilliant and excellent customer service.

Ordered a 10KW system which was installed a few weeks ago. Super friendly and helpful salesman (Matt Williams) who gave excellent advise.
Installation was as planned on the day, crew was on time and super friendly. These guys obviously know what they are doing and everything went smoothly. At the end they took the time to talk me through the setup and inverter and what they had changed. Can only recommend! Thank you!

solar

all work carried out promptly on the nominated day cleaned up after job framework holding panels maybe could have been cut a bit more equal lengths

No pressure sales and excellent installation

GI Energy provided me with exceptional customer service. Without any pressure, Peter from GI Energy set out my options for a 6.65 kW system without demanding I “sign up now!”. He patiently answered all questions and the quote was within my budget.

The installation was hassle-free - the team arrived exactly on time, kept me informed of what they were going to do, were so fast, and tidied everything up afterwards.

Overall experience was excellent

GI Energy came as a recommendation from a friend who was very happy with his installation. From the initial contact with Luke I confident that this was the right solar supplier for me. He was understanding of my situation and was patient until I made the decision to proceed. From there the communication with Luke, Vanessa and the installer was outstanding. Installation day went smoothly and the team did a great job without a hiccup. My north facing roof is visible from the street so aesthetics was an important factor for me as well and the end result exceeded my expectations. I am yet to receive a quarterly bill from my electricity provider which has the full solar generation benefit of my 8kW system but the partial solar bill I have received saw around 35% saving on my normal $1000 bill so I was very happy with that result. Overall I can highly recommend GI Energy to anybody who is considering a solar installation.

Solar Installation

I had the opporunity to communcate and deal with a wonderful team at GI Energy, from the office to the tradepeople who installed the solar system. They made it very easy by answering all my questions and talking me through the process from beginning to end. I would highly recommend the whole team at GI Energy.

Good customer service

Sales process was good but they didn't consider shade factors thoroughly.
I had to bring it to their attention.
Installation was very good....tidy but they siliconed a broken tile instead of replacing it
Grid connection currently being organised

I highly recomment GI Solar

The staff at GI solar were great, they had a range of products at good prices. The sales staff and follow up service were outstanding. I highly recommend them.

Great solar, great service

Super easy to deal with from getting a quote to the install. Would highly recommend this solar company.

5 Star Service - Highly Recommended

Excellent service from inital enquiry stage to completed installation from a friendly and professional team. Highly recommended.

Special care taken

After having our roof replaced recently, its Colorbond surface was left pristine, very fortunately. When we talked with friends about installing solar roof panels, a number expressed concern should accidental damage occur to the roof during their installation. We sought quotes from quality solar panel system installers. Some representatives were honestly uneasy about guaranteeing great care of the new roof surface.
To our delight, the firm which seemed to offer the best value overall also had a sincere, very well informed, honest and understanding representative. His promise of having the new roof surface respected during solar panel installation was fully honoured.
We highly recommend GI Energy (Brisbane) for arranging the thorough, careful installation of our solar roof panels and the rest of the system. Special thanks to R.W. for his close attention to detail, and for understanding and efficiently implementing our particular needs.

Good installation

Good
Polite,tidy,and punctual

Professional service

The sales person was extremely professional, making sure he understood our usage & requirements, and the communication throughout the whole process was excellent. The installers were punctual and also very professional.

Fantastic all round

Found GI energy on Google and went into the office to meet with Thomas who helped me understand the whole process and provided a quote that I accepted. The whole team helped me with getting through body corp and Vanessa was a pleasure to deal with for payments. The installation was an easy process. Very happy with everything and they're still helping me after install with other questions. Great company.

Fantastic company for product and to deal with

Great company to deal with, very professional from start to finish. took all the hassle out of organizing solar and dealt with everything each step of the way. Communication was excellent throughout and we are really happy with the system we have and above it all was excellent value for money for a really top system.
Matthew was a delight to deal with and i would highly recommend them to anyone seeking Solar

Very smooth process throughout

GI Energy's service was faultless from start to finish. The installers worked tirelessly and efficiently on an extremely hot day and, once installed, Tyson explained how the system operates. The installers arrived on time and were polite and tidy throughout. GI Admin, Vanessa, provided excellent customer support. Highly recommend GI Energy.

Looking forward to the savings

Got a 13.3 kw system installed on the 20/01/21 from GI Energy, very happy with the purchase process and the installation team were brilliant! Very happy with the way the panels look ( 38 ) on the house! As yet not sure of the savings but installers have said the savings will be massive. Only disappointing thing is the power I return to the grid I will get nothing for until someone comes out to inspect the installation on the 08/02/21 but that’s not GI Energy’s or the installers fault. Looking forward to the savings

Excellent service from initial contact to installation.

GI Energy was very professional throughout all stages from the initial contact to discuss our needs and desired outcomes, providing a comprehensive quote on the various options and taking the time to answer all my questions to assist in making the best decision for our situation. Once we were all signed up GI Energy confirmed the installation date and provided comprehensive information about the process and requirements to get us generating our own power. The electrical contractors that completed the installation were punctual, professional and courteous and did a quality job and the system looks great on the roof. We are now waiting to be connected through our electricity provider and within 3 weeks hope to be up and running.

Smooth install process when you consider the amount of rain we have had.

All went pretty smoothly. We already had existing system so were up and running as soon as install completed.

GI Energy

Thomas from sales was great, not too pushy ( I liked that)
The guy who installed the system was a day late , but these things happen and he was apologetic so that was ok. I had a lovey lady called Vanessa who took me through the rest of the process, she was excellent.
The only thing that I would recommend is if u need a smart meter installed, maybe it could be arranged before the solar is installed as it took a few week for my solar to be up and running after it was installed.
I would recommend GI energy

Overall a Great Experience

The sales / quoting process was extremely informative with no high pressure sales techniques. All of my questions were answered promptly and honestly.

The installation guys from STE Solar in Newcastle were absolutely brilliant. They worked so hard in trying conditions to get the job done on the scheduled date. I could not be more impressed with their conduct and work ethic.

Customer service to date has been first rate; this close to the Christmas period I do not expect connection to the grid to occur until January next year.

Excellent customer service and support, and quality installation

Sales and customer service were very friendly and supportive throughout the entire process. They listened to my questions, provided quality advice and never felt like i was being pressured or rushed.

The installers were excellent, friendly and approachable. They explained the system and the process, got everything up and running, and were absolute professionals the entire time.

I have no hesitation in recommending GI Energy to anyone looking for a solar system.

Overall, easy and simple process

Process from getting the quote to the installation was seamless and easy to navigate. Customer service from quote to installation was also good - staff and tradies were polite and willing to answer questions

Really happy with the process

We were really happy with the whole process of getting solar panels installed at our place with GI Energy. They were really responsive and explained the process well. We found them really professional and polite throughout.

Awesome service.

I had 6 quotes from other companies and salesman Richard from GI Energy was the best, taking time to explain everything. Installers were on time, very polite, working on hot day and eaten by midges but finished the job in one day as promised. Richard called next day checking how installation went. He called few weeks later again, I needed help to set up the app, Richard contacted GI technician and my app was set up and working the same day. Best customer service. Highly recommended.

Efficient and contentious solar install

GI energy talked through the technology with me, answered all my questions and gave me a great price for the system. They are a large company and they contract known installers to complete the work, I was skeptical about this initially however all went smoothly and GI energy kept me informed at every stage. When the job had to be rescheduled because of poor weather and then personal circumstances they made sure to get the install scheduled as soon as possible and around my schedule. The installers were polite, punctual and cleaned up after themselves. The grid connection is being organised by GI energy with my electricity company.

Gi Energy, Phono Solar panels, Sungrow inverter.

Joel was great over the phone and explained everything very well, which is why I decided to go with GI Energy over the other 3 (more local) solar companies. The follow-up after signing up has not been as great. I needed to prompt Vanessa twice for the installer to contact me to book in the pre-inspection, and the hot water meter which had been discussed was left off the instructions for the installer, so wasn't done. That isn't a big things, as will be installed next week, and Joel apologised and organised this.
The installation went well. The installers (sub-contractors from Port Macquarie) were prompt and efficient, and had the installation done in 3.5 hrs. I have some panels on the front deck roof (East) and more panels facing North.
I called my power company to let them know about now having solar, then spoke to Vanessa that afternoon who was going to send the forms and certificates through to them..hopefully I will be grid-connected by mid next-week.
My system was making over 5kwh from the start, and have already generated nearly 50kwh in 1.5 days!

Quality install

Everything happened as arranged. Happy with system performance. Only problem is disposal of old panels. Installers said local dump will take them. Not so. Now stuck with them. Makes me wonder about long term effect on environment when all panels will eventually die and difficult to dispose of them.

There for you

The sales and admin process is great but I was a bit disappointed with my installation. The local contractors were not as professional as I was expecting them to be.

My inverter lasted the whole of 6 days (not GI Energy’s fault) and whilst I was initially dissatisfied with their response, as soon as I sent a complaint I got a call from Daniel, the owner, who personally took over my case and got my issue resolved within a week. I do give them a lot of credit for going above and beyond to get Sungrow to approve my warranty claim sooner and to get someone to install a new inverter for me in such a busy period. (also, the electrician who replaced the inverter was very professional)

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate all feedback and we always look for ways to learn from positive or negative comments. I am very pleased we could find a quick solution to get your inverter replaced and that you were satisfied with the end result. Unfortunately, even with the best electronic appliances, there can be isolated issues and we always do our absolute best to rectify them as quickly as possible.

With regards to your specific comments about the installation team not being as professional as you hoped, we will look to learn from this and improve where we can. The team that installed for you have been working with us for many years and we always get extremely good feedback, so I am disappointed they did not live up to your expectations and we will try to find out exactly what happened here and improve where possible.

We are pleased that you have a great solar system installed, which we know will continue to work really well for many, many years and we are always here if you need anything else in the future.

5 Star Service all the way!!

I have to say from beginning to end I'm so impressed with GI Energy. I looked around and did my research and met quite a few solar companies and I was still a little confused. Then I met Luke, he really is such a wealth of knowledge but you can also tell a very genuine person. I signed right then and there. The entire experience was seamless and we are really happy with our solar and also know if we had any concerns they are only a call away. I have referred GI Energy onto anyone I know that is looking as I know it can be a little overwhelming and it is an important decision and you need to have trust as well. Thank you Luke and to your team you really are a great provider with exceptional customer service levels!

Great all round service

Gi Energy was great from start to finish, very informative and friendly. They always replied to any questions that I had in a quick and timely manner. The install was done quickly and on the agreed date. The panels are working at or above the capacity quoted by the company.