• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Goliath Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Electrical, Solar Installers

With over 10 years experience in Solar Power installations and Electrical Contractor work, feel sure you can deal with a company you can trust. Established in 2012 by David who to this day still installs every solar panel system. Having installed over 1,000 solar panel systems in SA feel at peace with the fact the owner of the company is also the installer of your solar panel system and electrical work. Of course there's also Tom your first point of call there to guide you through your solar system options honestly and professionally.

Goliath Electrical Solar Reviews

Having your website SolarQuotes.com.au Just made the whole experience both informative and stress free . Thank you Show additional information
People thinking about a Sola System should not go past this company they are excellent. Show additional information
Very helpful and accommodating. Good at communicating what they are doing and answering any queries. They worked quickly and efficiently and explained the system in a way that I could understand. Exceptionally good customer service. I have a disability and I would highly recommend them for people such as my self or for older customers Show additional information
Tom Morgan is the real deal. No bull just honest straight advice and the follow up has been spot on. The system is yet to be installed but judging by the experience so far I have no doubt it willl be smooth sailing. Show additional information
Tom's help and advice with sizing and speccing the system was excellent, he clearly has a passion for his job and it shows. We made a few changes to the spec through the process but we stayed within our budget and ended up with a much better system than we were expecting.

David and Thaelan did a great job with our install on a tricky roof, it looks good with all the installation neat, tidy and professional, they too are clearly passionate about what they do and it's clear they give a sh!t about doing a good job and getting a good result for their customers.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

All in all I'm happy with the outcome so far, we just need some sun to see how the system itself performs!!
Goliath were punctual, professional and efficient. They did the installation cleanly with minimal disruption. Show additional information
Should I have received a statement of electrical compliance?

Nothing else to say until SAPN connect the system to my powerbox tomorrow and the system is actually going.

Thanks for your excellent service, Finn and Solarquotes. It gave me huge comfort to know I had access to accurate information and calculators.
We've had a fantastic experience so far - Tom followed up some questions that we had and dealt with the placement of panels being made tricky by some antennas. System hasn't been installed yet, but the service and communication has been top-notch so far. Show additional information
Great experience through both the sales and installation cycles. Technical expertise during sales was very much appreciated. Installation lead time from sales to instal was less than three weeks. Highly recommend Tom and David for solar. Show additional information
We had Goliath install a 4kW+ system in our city townhouse.

From the start we were confident with Goliath. Tom who does the initial assessments was very knowledgeable and readily available to answer all of our questions. Their competitors only seemed to want to only offer the easiest solution from them to install and not what was best for us. Tom was very good at listening to our needs and producing a system that would work for us.

Pricing wise we were very happy, Goliath was very competitive with the other top rated installers but for us their competitive difference was being a small Adelaide based company with direct communication to the owner. We love supporting local businesses and Goliath was excellent with no trade offs in quality.

We also really liked that David, the owner, was the one doing the install. Some of the bigger groups use sub contractors which didn't sit well with us. David and all of his staff were conscientious, considerate and professional. We have a young baby and all of the staff made an effort to work around our family. They cleaned after themselves, worked really quickly and were always friendly. Our install was a little more challenging then most as it's a 3 story townhouse, this made cabling a challenge. Not once did the Goliath staff complain.

Overall they;
Had clear communication, no over the top marketing hype
Were competitive on price
Used quality staff and materials
Kept to their quote with no hidden costs or surprises

We would thoroughly recommend Goliath for your Solar install.
This was an absolutely great experience. We were kept informed at all times and were able to make our own decisions about exactly what we wanted. We would highly recommend Goliath to anyone. Excellent cusotomer service above and beyond. Show additional information
The salesman was very helpful and informative and the installers were highly efficient and friendly. Show additional information
We were very happy with the whole process with Goliath Electrical. From the first phone call through to installation, follow up. We are more than happy to recommend these people. They gave us all the checks and info we needed regards their panels, inverter we chose. They have great attention to all the details, kept us in communication, just did it all so well, from start to clean up and as we said ongoing support. Very happy! Show additional information
Went with Goliath Electrical and everything has worked out well. Right from the start Tom was helpful and informative which gave me confidence straight away. they use only the best Panels and Inverters. Tom organised everything with AGL and SA Power Networks and kept me informed on what was happening and when it was to happen.
David and his boys did the installation which was done on time and very professionally. At "Switch On" things did not go according to plan, the system kept giving error messages.
It turned out this was caused by a faulty wire bringing power into the property and nothing to do with the new solar system. David contacted Fronius for information etc., worked out what was happening and contacted SA Power Networks to send a line person out to check out their part of the power network. Their worker worked out I needed some new wiring from the stobie pole to my house so he brought in another team. I was very impressed with SA Power Networks quick response and they soon had everything working as it should. David did not leave the site until all was working properly ( several hours after the actual installation was completed) and Tom is calling around tomorrow to make sure all is still working OK and to make any minor adjustments if required.
All in all could not be happier and would highly recommend Goliath Electrical to anyone wanting a Solar System for their house.

Hi Bill,

Again thanks for choosing Goliath Electrical and the kind words. Obviously little bit of a curve ball with SAPN issue but great to see some positivie feedback regarding SAPN considering the bad press they have been receiving lately. Glad we could have the issues resolved so promptly and have you saving straight away!

Thanks again from the Goliath Electrical Team

Goliath delivered a great service. Kept in touch regularly, went the extra mile to expedite the installation. Always had a friendly face and/or voice to explain everything.

Hi Ben,

Was our pleasure to install your system, appreciate you supporting a local company.

Thanks from the Goliath Electrical Team
After 3 price comparable quotes I chose Goliath Electrical and couldn't have been happier. Tom and David work as a great team and are both excellent to deal with They are professional, organised, friendly, and happy to answer any question along the way. They have also been helpful with a post installation query. We are thrilled with the solar panels and so glad we went with Goliath Electrical - they made the process so easy! Show additional information
Tom from Goliath was very helpful leading up to and since installation--nothing was too much trouble and he always returned phone calls and emails promptly.

As far as installation goes, David and his team were on time and completed the job in the timeframe originally discussed.

The system is working well and it is good to be able to monitor input and other data on our desktop computer.
I spoke with a few companies both via this website and not, as soon as I spoke with Tom at Goliath you knew he is a genuine guy. That along with their best pricing up front for a quality system I knew I would go with Goliath. There was no "tell me what price you got and I'll beat it" speech, Goliath gave the best price up front!
Tom was extremely easy and pleasant to deal with, with constant updates along the way. Dave ( the owner ) came out to fit the system with his guys, all extremely friendly and did a fantastic job and left with no mess for me to clean up, and great to have the owner hands on fitting the system. We ran into one little hick up with the meter change over but Tom was allover this like a rash, within the week he had sorted the issue and had the meter changed and system up and running. His follow up was nothing but fantastic and apologetic for the small delay.
I would 110% recommend Goliath to supply your PV system, the friendly service, quality work, great communication and great price for quality gear make it too easy to do so.
Thanks go to the team at Goliath Electrical.
Solar Quotes made shopping around for quotes very easy. Goliath Electrical were very easy to deal with, from receiving the quote to installation, nothing was too hard. I was very impressed when I returned home after work and there was no mess left at my house. Everything was neat and tidy. I would highly recommend Goliath Electrical to install a solar system. Show additional information
Sales and installation service were unmatched by any purchasing, I have ever experienced in my 64 years of life.
They are a fantastic team , I highly recommend Goliath Electrical , you won't regret using this company.
What can I say, Goliath Electrical were fantastic. Very prompt, honest and great at explaining solar power in full detail to someone who had a very little knowledge on solar energy. I contacted Tom over the weekend expecting a response back on the Monday but Tom came back almost straight away and answered all my new questions that I had. The installation was done with absolutely no fuss and I look forward to receiving my first power bill (a weird concept, I know right?). You won't be disappointed with Goliath Electrical, they will look after you the whole way. Show additional information
From start to finish the Goliath team were excellent. From the initial appointment to the day of system installation they were always on time. Dave and his boys installing the system were very friendly and had the install done in no time, in a really efficient manner. Tom kept us informed along the way and followed up with an evening call on the day of installation to check we were happy with everything. I could not fault the whole experience and would not hesitate to recommend Goliath Electrical to family and friends if they were looking to install a solar system. Show additional information
Dealing with both Tom and David was pleasant experience. Tom presented few options and help us to choose the best one for us. We were kept inform regarding all progress.
The installation was done on time, David listened to our concerns and addressed them to our satisfaction. The whole job was done very professionally, they even replaced some cracked roof tiles so we will have no problem in future.
They we great from the start answering questions back and forth to find the best system for my needs. They followed through with all the papper work from changeing the meter to getting the rebate in quick time. They even cleaned up after the install and called to check that the system was working as expected. Good company to deal with. Show additional information
They were on time professional and ensured I was happy.

I would recommend them in a heart beat.

Regards

Scott
Tom was great at providing all the information up front on our first conversation and providing all the key details almost immediately. He came out to do a measure up to confirm the number of panels they could fit on my roof, he kept me up to date with progress and was very approachable. David and his team arrived on time and had the system installed and up and running very quickly. They helped me understand how the inverter works and set up the app so I can monitor it from my tablet. Tom also rang later in the afternoon to check if I needed any further assistance and how the system was running. I would definitely recommend anyone in SA looking to get solar to go through Goliath Electrical. Show additional information
The system is not installed yet and I would be happy to repeat this survey once it is in and operating. I found the service provided by solarquotes fantastic. Show additional information
Goliath Electrical have been excellent to deal with throughout the entire process. They are very cabable and professional, and kept me informed about all aspects from start to finish. My Fronius system including smart meter has an the intuitive app and web interface and has all the information I want to see about my system's performance. This was all set up for me by Goliath Electrical. So far, the system has only been in place for a few days, and it is performing exactly as expected.

Hi Doug,

Great to hear we have delivered a system up to your expectations. Really appreciate your business and your understanding with allowing David to start the install at the crack of dawn to beat the heat!

Thanks again from the Goliath Electrical team and enjoy the savings!
Our system is 9.8 kW of Jinko panels with Maxim optimisers integrated, and an 8.2 kW Fronius Primo inverter. Also Fronius smart meter.

We were very happy with Goliath Electrical. Tom contacted us within 24 hours of our requesting quotes and was enthusiastic and interested. He was willing to take a lot of time investigating various options for us, and indeed, after we had accepted our quote and paid the deposit, came back with some new options at a significantly cheaper price. (A full $2000 cheaper overall.) Definitely interested in doing the right thing by us!

David, the owner, does all the installs himself so has an obvious interest in doing them correctly. Both he and Tom were pleasant to talk to and happy to discuss all the possibilities.

Overall we think we have a great system, well installed and at a great price! System is already generating 8KW, despite it being 37 degrees outside. Looking forward to getting a battery from Goliath Electrical in a year or so.

Hi Chris,

Thanks again for the kind words, we pride ourselves on our unique business model of customising every install for our clients needs and not being generic with our product offering. Really enjoying the remote monitoring of your system and the set up to export your excess pv to your hot water service saving you even more!

Thanks again from the Goliath Electrical Team
Absolutely recommend Goliath Electrical . We are really pleased with our solar system, great team of guys a job well done.. We are now looking forward to cheaper electricity. Show additional information
Goliath were brilliant to work with from start to finish, from planning the system and quoting to installation during difficult weather conditions. Being a small business, planning, quoting and installation are all done by the same small team, not a random contractor. Despite being a small company, they proved very capable of installing a large system. The only minor blemish was a miscommunication that has delayed the installation of a smart meter.

Hi Dan,

Again thanks for the kind words, was a pleasure to work and design a system for your situation. Trust you're happy now with the smart meter after the small hiccup and ability to monitor the consumption and production.

Thanks again from the Goliath Electrical Team

Both Goliath and Solar wholesalers stood out as good options with similar pricing for quality systems. The installation has been delayed due to christmas/new year slowdowns with SA power networks. Great communication from Tom at Goliath who was very happy to share his knowledge and help me come up with the best option for me with no obvious hard sell. In contrast to the hard sell from some other companies (who were not referred by Solar Quotes). Installation due in a month....hopefully it will all continue to go well.

Hi Andy,

Again thanks for choosing goliath electrical and we appreciate the kind words. Great to hear from you since install and that your system is "humming", look forward to many years of savings!

Cheers again from the Goliath Electrical Team

Tom and David did a first class job with the install. Prompt and responsive service leading up to the install. Issues with SAPN aside, we're very happy with the result. Show additional information
A great all round experience. Quoted for a premium system that was expertly installed with clear explanations of how to best utilise the system. Show additional information
How easy was that! These guys are Amazing! Can’t praise them enough!
Tom Morgan did the quote without any hassles of any kind – straight forward.
Explained it concisely and gave a quote on the phone– really knew his stuff. Then
Came out, got up on the roof, quoted the same price for an even better configuration.
He then juggled the job-diary to suit our prefered date (before we went on holidays) and it was all done efficently as promised. David (the owner of Goliath) does the job himself with the help of a very competant offsider. They even grind a groove under the roof tiles so the brackets go through without pushing the tiles up. Tom even wants to give advice after we get our first electricity bill re the types of supplier-contracts to suit our useage.
Highly recommended!

Hi Michael,

Appreciate the kind words, sorry for delayed response as only just figured out we can reply to our reviews! Great to hear you're happy especially with the first solar bill coming back at $85.

Thanks again,

Goliath Electrical
We had our Solar system installed during November. We chose Goliath Electrical to be the supplier / installer, as they were extremely helpful in supplying any information we requested. They were very prompt with their site inspection and quotation. Installation was completed on the set date. All completed in the one day. Everything is working well and achieving the results we were expecting. Found Tom and David to be very nice guys and easy to deal with. Left the site spotless. We highly recommend Goliath Electrical. Show additional information
It all went very smoothly. Only the connection to the grid by the authorities is outstanding and that waiting time downgraded the experience. Show additional information
Great to deal with, very organized. Installation was done before lunch, followed up in a couple of days after installation. Can't speak highly enough of the team. Show additional information
We were very impressed with Goliath. Tom the salesman was extremely helpful, listening carefully to our situation and suggesting possible solutions. After we had chosen one with his help, he kept us updated on the installation plan. Installation was performed quickly and courteously on the planned day, and in the couple of weeks since we have had no problems with the system. Show additional information
The guys at Goliath elec both Tom & Dave were excellent from start to finish. Show additional information
Great guys to deal with did a good job happy with system good communication would deal with again . Show additional information