Innovate Energy

Innovate Energy Reviews

Innovate Energy has always and will always be owned and operated by experienced and qualified tradies.
What does this mean for our future clients? We know what we are doing!
Using our experience installing thousands of solar systems, we focus on designing and installing systems to suit your individual home and energy usage patterns.

You can rest assured that with Innovate Energy, every installation is checked over by our CEC qualified electricians in our operations team prior to installation, meaning there are no hiccups on the day.

We are here to support all our systems for the life of the installation. Having over 15 talented staff in roles such as customer service, finance, operations, qualified installers and service technicians allows us to provide unrivaled after sales service.
We are passionate about solar energy and delivering high quality systems that perform.

We currently hold the below accreditations and achievements:
*CEC Approved Retailer
*Licensed Electrical contractor (ACT and NSW)
*LG Solar Authorised Dealer
*Tesla certified installer
*ARCtick RTA (air conditioning)
*Solarquotes Gold Rated Supplier
*Illawarra Business Award Finalist

Innovate Energy operates out of two office locations:
South Coast Branch- 43 Quinns Lane, Nowra NSW 2541- Showroom and workshop- Drop-ins welcome
ACT Branch- 3/21 Raws Crescent, Hume ACT 2620- Showroom and workshop- Scheduled appointments preferred.

At Innovate Energy 'We take care of everything'

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $6,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Innovate Energy Reviews (94)

Installation was trouble free, efficient, timely with most pleasant and knowledgeable workers

Quoting process was timely and accurate.
Installation was arranged most efficiently as the job was only finalised just before Xmas and they did the installation on 14 January. The team of installers were very polite and interactive, arrived promptly at 7.30 am and completed the job by 3pm. They were clearly knowledgeable and skillful at their task.

The customer service was excellent through the whole process from first contact with the company to getting quotes and completing the job.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Innovate Energy to others.
They will arrange the change of meter and grid connection. As the installation was only yesterday this is still to occur.

Thank you so much Hilton! :)

Battery Installed within days of quote!

Great service and very professional.

Delivery and Install within the week! The company had batteries in stock and delivered a week after quote acceptance.

Very happy with the whole process

From the quote to the install, everything has been great. Mathew was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was always happy to answer my questions and discuss options.

Installation day, and everyone turned up on time. All the installation guys were very approachable and helpful. Despite some rain events, everything was installed on time and looks great.

Thank you so much Peter! :)

Excellent service

Innovation Energy was one of four quotes obtained and returned the best value offer. Installation was completed within two weeks of accepting the quote and the system is now working efficiently. I can highly recommend this company and their installers. Thanks also to Solarquotes for indirectly recommending this supplier.

Thank you so much Ian! :)

Original Review on 27-03-2021:

Proper Job

Excellent to deal with, no fuss, efficient install with good people. grid connection organised by innovate pending.

I have recommended innovate and solar quotes to friends

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes, everything working well, power bill slashed, everything hassle free.
andrew

Knowledgeable & expected service

Company offered a very competitive deal/price. Informative & answered all our questions. Great advice on panel quality, inverter quality etc. Have hit a hurdle with availability of panels so the install has not taken place just yet, but fingers crossed it’s not too far down the track. Based on my own research re Company, they have a good reputation in the area & yes, I would probably recommend them to my Grandmother…

Give em a call

Quote: 2 requests before a call back for a quote. No biggie and probably attributable to covid and excessive work load.
Install: Delayed due to weather but on the 2nd occasion the crew showed up and installation done that day.
After sales service: all good.
Workers: Great bunch of guys n girls. Pleasant and polite.
Would I recommend? Give em a go.

Original Review on 05-02-2021:

Very solar satisfied

Innovate Energy Nowra
We're professional, courteous, and extremely helpful in assisting us With our choice in solar products as well as keeping us informed of the expected cost of power savings with a scaled graphic.
The accredited installers were all exceptional, turning up on time, explaining what they were doing and cleaning up upon completion.
Overall we are very very satisfied that we had Innovate Energy Nowra supply and install our solar system

8 months later we asked Dennis: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Our first bill was what we considered as normal, or no change from the normal prices that we were used to.
So we called Endeavor Energy, The supplier installation company.
They sent a technician out and he checked everything, and explained the reasons why we didn't see any price reduction with a detailed graph and tree shadow outline on the panels.
With seasonal weather changes we have seen a marked price reduction in our bills

Original Review on 19-04-2021:

Very Good Installation

The 8.88kw solar system installation was neat and proficiently done. Original ratings

6 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

About 6-8 weeks after installation the system stopped producing energy it may have been the inverter panel main switch failing? However, Innovate Energy promptly fixed the problem at no cost to me and now everything is going smoothly without problems.

All aspects, from quote, through installation, to explanation of use were excellent!

Tyson arrived on time for the quote and answered all my questions about the equipment and likely savings etc. perfectly in plain English.

The two young guys who came to install the system were also punctual, polite and informative. Innovate Energy have their own installers, while other local companies use sub contract installers. We were most happy that Innovate had no reservations about installing our panels onto our Terra-cotta tiled roof, where other companies we had quotes from, couldn’t do the job as their sub contract installers refused to install on on our tiles.

We would give the entire process with Innovate Energy ten out of ten.

Innovate Energy - Why would you go elsewhere...

From the get go the team answered all questions, explained positives and negatives, gave options and alternatives. This was done in a timely manner, including the installation [within about 7-10 days of signing].

Team attended site, went through what was going to happen. Listened to my questions. Worked around my wifes work schedule to be able to cut power for the install so she could still work from home without interuption. Nothing left behind, no mess, no rubbish and other than the panels being on the roof you would not know they were here.

So far this has been a great process.

Excellent all round

Really good company fit me in within a week or so with a cancellation, perfect install.

Good service, best price, seamless installation

First of all, we hesitated to include Innovate Energy in our decision making process as they did not immediately come to our house to talk through options. Our first connection was a phone call and from that call, they sent through a quote for a variety of systems.

However, after talking to three other companies and reviewing IE’s quotes (much cheaper for similar product) we felt compelled to contact them to talk further. We are so pleased we did this as the experience from then on was perfect. We questioned their cheaper quote and it was explained they had recently reduced the price of the panels to boost sales. Fair enough.

Installation was soon after, the very next day after that they sent all required information to our electricity provider and we are now enjoying using “our” electricity and hopefully we will soon see benefits on our electricity bills.

Competitive price and great customer service

Quick and easy to contact with great service. Tyson was very helpful and responded quickly to all questions. Competitive price and very quick install!

Tabourie install

Competitive pricing communication was great and the install was well done couldn’t ask for more.

Professional Local Installation

The installation was undertaken on the scheduled day. The installation team was efficient with panel installation on the roof being undertaken while the inverter and cabling was being installed. A neat and tidy job. Well done!

Innovate Energy organised the new connection with a smart meter to the grid with Origin. Origin has made contact with me to organise a date to install the new meter. I am currently waiting for the smart meters to be installed and the consumption monitoring to be established.

Installation and Service

Installation went very well. Tradesmen were polite, tidy and punctual.

Hassle free installation

From the very first contact to the final install and connection the experience was hassle free. The sales people were not pushy, just very respectful and answered all my questions.

My husband is quite picky with details, but even he could not fault the installation. The installers turned up exactly when they said they would and even when interrupted by wet weather the installation was quick and painless.

Highly recommended.

On time, knowledgeable and friendly

Quoting process very easy and my needs discussed and listened too. For example, both a 'top of the range' and 'next best' quote was provided.

I was reminded the day before installation via SMS. Installers arrived on time and were very friendly. The location of the panes and invertor were confirmed. The wrong invertor had been packed (which was picked up by the installer), however, this was not a problem as a swap over was arranged while the panels were being installed so no delay resulted.

Isolation of the system and some of the functions of the invertor were explained to me but no booklet or information was left in regard to operating instructions. I did have to go online myself and download the manufactures documents. I asked about grid connection and was told the meter would need to be updated.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Quick and efficient job

Two of the three recommended solar installers contacted me and each had a site inspection within a week of notification by Solarquotes.
The Canberra-based installer made no contact with me.
Both local companies explained and provided comprehensive quotes. I decided to accept Innovate Energy’s quote as it was a few hundred dollars cheaper for the same system inverter and panels.
Luckily Innovate had a cancellation of an already booked installation so that my job was substituted and completed within a week of accepting the quote! This was definitely quick service.
The only additional unexpected cost was about $200 for a WIFI extender to communicate with the Fronius inverter.

8 months later we asked Martin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system, together with a more “solar friendly” electricity supply plan, has delivered the expected outcome i.e. cost neutral electricity

Original Review on 19-07-2020:

No Problems

I was quite impressed with the speed of installation after accepting the quote. The boys work hard and everything that was promised was done. I have no complaints. So far the system is running well. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Couldn't be happier

Great experience from getting a quote to the final installation. Prices were very competitive even compared to the Sydney suppliers. Installers turned up early in the allocated day, were well mannered and respectful, and were done by mid afternoon. We would highly recommend Innovate.

Amazing all round

Initial contact was quick and quoting was done within a couple of days. Installers were happy to answer any questions, friendly and courteous and the job was done in a timely manner.

Efficient and focussed.

InnovateEnergy provided me with two quotes, one of them with the higher spec’d inverter and panels. The quotes were received in a timely manner and the sales team answered all my questions.
The installation was very streamlined and surprisingly quick. The two techs who did the install were extremely focussed and very efficient. They commenced at around 8 am and we finished by 1:30 pm. A very impressive effort given the amount of work required. The most satisfying moment was seeing my meter turning in reverse as soon as the system was switched on. Overall, extremely satisfied with the whole process from quote to install.

Happy Customer

Quick install from quote. Install team friendly and efficient. Admin very helpful

Excellent install by Innovate Energy

Sales person helpful and provided a system to suit our needs. Office people helpful and quick to respond, installers turned up on time and completed the work by lunchtime in all happy with the service

Great customer service

After being given the run around by another local installer, I took a chance and rang Innovate Energy. From the first call the customer service was great. I was kept up to date with the entire process. They turned up when they said they would and kept me up to date with the installation process. They even passed on all the details to our energy supplier to speed up the process.

The work was neat, all rubbish was cleaned up and all staff through the entire process were friendly, helpful and informative.

They were even great at explaining the battery options to me and didn’t try to sell me a system that wasn’t worth it at this time. Very honest and helpful staff.

Great service and installation

Easy and very patient communication with the sales representative Tyson, offered more than three options in the quote.

The installation team was also fantastic, tidy, polite and punctual.

Great Job

Very easy to talk to, punctual, tidy and have organised grid connection for us.

Highly Recommended

Couldn’t be happier with service provided by Matt and the Innovate team. From the initial consultation through to the installation, the team have been easy to deal with and very professional. Customer service is excellent and the installation was very well done and not obtrusive. Would highly recommend them for anyone looking for an install in the Illawarra/South Coast areas.

Lilli Pilli Solar Installation

The installers Rex, Tyler and Mark were prompt in their arrival on the day, efficient in their installation of the equipment, neat and tidy with the work and cleaned up after themselves. I was happy with the work.

Great Customer Service

Mat from innovate was very professional and accommodating. The quote while not the cheapest was for what I asked for and they worked with me to deliver the system that I wanted not what they thought that i should be installing.

The installation was on time and completed quicker than I expected and the tradesmen made sure that they cleaned up after completion of the system.

They have organised the connection to the grid we are now waiting for the electricity company to complete this which should be in the next 10 days or so depending on scheduling.

Excellent company

Excellent and value for money service from start to finish.

Efficient and prompt

The boys just left after instillation. They were prompt, pleasant and efficient. The work looks great! Can’t comment on how well it works as the meter box needs work but I’m confident everything will be fine as all other contact with the company has been great. Very happy!

Great

Great quote.prompt install.basically what was agreed and quoted was what was supplied and when.

Original Review on 22-03-2020:

Happy Customer

Great local company, with prompt and professional service. Very happy with all aspects of their service. Sales staff were knowledgeable and professional. Installers were typical Ausy tradesmen who arrived early and got stuck in. They adapted to my requirements and the bespoke nature of my house to install a very effective system. Following installation, following customer service was helpful and swift. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Rick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Thanks for he opportunity to update my product review. After 12 months of operation I remain very happy with my solar system. I have had no problems with reliability or installation. During the winter the system performance dropped off a little more than expected but now summer is back it is back producing at peak capacity. Am also happy with Origin electricity who offer value for money rebates....

Innovate energy

The sales and quote was very prompt and friendly
The guys arrived on time and the install completed same day , I was impressed how quickly and tidy they worked.
They also arranged for the grid connection after install

Very professional team from Quote to Finish.

All staff courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Install team on time, adaptable and efficient. Can highly recommend this business.

Excellent Solar Installation

Highly recommend Innovate Energy for Solar installation.
Quoting had most accurate information to make choice easy.
Installation was timely, professional, and high quality.
Install team were polite, friendly, and left the site spotless.
Even checked on our satisfaction personally some weeks later.

Solar installation.

From the quote to paperwork received to a very prompt installation the service was of a very high professional standard. Would highly recommend.

Good Australian company

Innovate Energy installed my solar system just recently. I am very happy and would recommend this company.
Always answered the phone, the tradespeople were well mannered and professional as well as punctual. It was a painless experience for a very high quality product and installation.
The kind of experience you hope for but sadly rarely get.

Regards

Gary Picken

Innovate Energy

From start to finish this was an easy process, efficient and friendly and easy to deal with.
I guess only time will tell as to how good the system is but at this point with monitoring via the solar app all seems to be doing the job.

Good brand, IEC.

Alison on sales was a joy to deal with for general enquiries, proposal & quotations. The expedition of the process happened swiftly & professionally. Our needs were comparably matched by IEC proposals. Alesha in administration was frequently following up on progress, providing informations prior to booking of installation date. After sales services have been courteous and supportive. Installers Tylar & Mat were punctual, polite and did a fantastic job. The installation were professional and neat. Lastly, Innovate Energy was chosen base on the positive reviews found here in SOLARQUOTES and it is a choice we did not regret and highly recommend. Thank you.

Stress free installation

The system was installed and running within 3 weeks of contacting Innovate. I got one other quote but I picked Innovate because their system only required 18 panels versus 20 for the same output. Alison who did the quote and the guys doing the installation did a great job and explained everything. Effortless exercise.

Service second to none A1 service

What a business the owner should be very proud of staff sale to installer second to none would recommend this company to anyone service is A1 keep up the good work and thank you

All good so far

Went well so far
But to early to know if I brought the right system

Awesome team of installers and a very quick installation!

The team at innovate solar were fantastic to deal with.
The ladies came out to quote us and we received our quote within a few days. They ensured we were going to get the best value for our money and ensured that our system suited our energy usage needs!
Our system was installed a 2 weeks after quoting and the installation was done in two days, all panels and a Tesla Powerwall.
The guys who did the installations were very friendly and polite, they arrived when they said they would and they cleaned up after themselves. Once the installation was completed they ran us through the Tesla app and the solar app and explained how the whole system works.
I would highly recommend Innovate to anyone looking to have solar installed!
Thanks to the whole team for an excellent experience.

Fantastic Service

From the initial quote to the finish of the installation, I could not fault innovate energy. Very helpful at the quote stage, turned up exactly on time, completed the install and cleaned up and provide the information I needed. Would highly recommend them!!

Seamless installation, great company to deal with.

A knowledgeable, friendly, and patient salesperson. My questions were promptly and professionally answered. I was given an installation date and time. The team showed up precisely on time and everything went smoothly. They organised everything. Communication throughout the entire process was exceptional. A small problem encountered after the install was quickly rectified. Overall I couldn’t be happier.