Skylight Energy Reviews

About Skylight Energy, Solar Installers

Skylight Energy

Reviewers report paying: $2,650 - $6,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Skylight Energy specialises in High Quality cost efficient solar Systems and solar Battery Installations covering the Domestic and Commercial market and stock high end Tier 1 solar panels and Inverters suited to a broad range of clientel throughout Sydney Melbourne and Queensland.

With a dedicated sales and customer support Team covering a broad range of solar inquires and assistance relating to solar Installation and service we cover small medium to large scale projects.

Skylight Energy Solar Reviews

Recommend skylight energy

Great company. Good installers. They do a professional job and are very nice. Carlos the sales rep is very good and works with you to get a good price. Good value for money and the office is always willing to help. Show additional information

High Quality Solar with Great Customer Service

I finally found the right Australian based solar company
for my solar, I was quoted a high quality 6.6 kw solar system
with Carlos who guided me in the right direction for the best
solar system within my Budget and the Admin team assisted
me with all my queries.

I use to have a bill of around $590.00 its been wiped out now so pleased.
Highly recommended Thanks Skylight Energy keep up the good work.

Good value all round and a vital home improvement.

Customer service people gave accurate information, installing team were hard workers and gave good feedback, I am happy with how the process has gone. Show additional information

Fantastic Service

I have had the best experience with Skylight Energy from beginning to end. Carlos is the consultant i dealt with and his approach and knowledge of the system was fantastic and helped me find the right panels to suit my daily living.
I would recommend Skylight Energy to anyone wanting or thinking about Solar panels

Worst ever

Had to wait over 3 months for installation, Installation terrible, did not know what they were doing. Didn't know how the inverter worked.
Left my solar panels banging in the wind after the installation was finished.
Even then had to wait 3 weeks of banging before I begged them to return to fix.
Never again.

Fantastic Experience

Very professional sales team who went above and beyond to make my solar purchase a smooth experience. Installers were polite and did a fantastic job. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Highly recommended/ Professional Company

Steven was very informative/knowledgeable and gave numerous quotes to choose from. The installation earlier than expected, was quick with no mess or breakages. Customer service was impeccable, handling everything from go to finish.
Highly recommended.

Good Install

The installers were great, what a good team, just thought the internal works in the ceiling space could have been finished off better rather than have an unsupported sagging conduits.
The huawei inverter failed after about 4 weeks of operation, the good news for me it was diagnosed quickly and changed out for a new unit within 2 weeks.
Overall Skylight Energy were okay and i will Continue using them for my Solar requirements.

Really helped me a lot. Good quality reasonable price.

Staff went above and beyond to help me. Really appreciate it. Show additional information

Excellent job!

I have installed a 5KW system 3.5 years ago with Skylight. Quote was competitive at that time.
Installation took place within weeks and professional installers came for the installation. Excellent customer service and assisted me to choose the most suitable system for my budget. System still running without any issues. Saving $800-$1000/year

Best of the best

Carlos and team were professional honest trustworthy reliable and the tradesmen were the best we’ve had I can’t recommend this company highly enough , Top quality products top quality service top quality price so no more Show additional information

Best of the best

Carlos was most professional salesman .
After comparing every single competitor Carlos and his company Provided not only German quality products that were the best for the price of all other companies. I couldn’t recommend this company and I do not use other installers as they are all using Chinese products skylight energy with the only ones that used German inverters and panels at the most affordable price will be using this company for all my properties in future no question about that

Excellent job

Had a great experience with Skylight energy from the beginning to the end of the process to have my solar system installed.
Great service fully recommended .

Fantastic Installation and Service

Fantastic experience with Skylight Energy. Salespeople Carlos and Yuri were both extremely helpful and explained every part of the process thoroughly from quotation to installation, I was especially happy that they quoted the exact system I needed rather than pushing for the most expensive option. Any questions I had were answered clearly and they provided high quality products at a reasonable price.

Installers were very polite and did a beautiful job, they walked me through everything they were doing and were happy to answer all the questions I had. They even took care of the smart meter installation for me!

A month on the solar panels work beautifully, and have saved me massively on my electricity bill. Highly recommend using Skylight Energy!

Not a Good experience I expect Better

They seem good with the initial sale, but later I found out that the sale tactic is dishonest and misleading. For example they sold me a 10KW Goodwe inverter with a 10 years warranty. After the installation I found out that Goodwe only warranty their inverter for 5 years and you have to purchase the 5 years extended warranty from Goodwe. At the time I have not paid the system in full, so I took it up with them. They finally agree to purchase the extra 5 years warranty.

The installation did not go as smooth as I expect. By the way this is my third solar installation at my premises, no issues with any of the previous installation. For the start I got sarking in my roof and explain to them not to damage the sarking. They told me they will only cut small holes for the cables to come through. When the job was completed I was stunned as they did not ask me to enter the house and access the manhole into the roof cavity. This rang an alarm bell. So the next day I climb up into the roof cavity and found that they cut many large holes in the sarking to insert the cable and cable conduit. They also had to cut up large holes in the sarking to tie cable tie to the conduit in an attempt to secure the conduit (see attached pictures). This is normally done using metal clips not cable ties. I was extremely disappointed there are so many damages to my sarking. I had to ask the company to come back and fix them up. They eventually did.

Then I had more issues with the panels configurations and the inverter connections. The inverter I got is a Goodwe GW10KL-DT which has 2 MPPT inputs. However, MPPT1 has 2 inputs that are parallel, and MPPT2 have a single input. This stuffed them up as they don't understand how to configure the solar array and make the connections. They thought it does not matter how you connect the solar array to the inverter inputs. Solar they have 3 solar arrays up on the roof, array one consist of 11 panels 400W (46.8V each), array 2 consist of 8 of 400W (46.8V each) and array 3 consist of 10 of 400W panels (46.8Veach), Then they connect array 1 and array 2 to the inputs of MPPT1, and array 3 to the input of MPPT2. When I told Skylight Energy of the issue, naturally they did not understand what I was talking about. They thought I was mad and thought I was just being difficult. When they turn up I show them the issues and explain to them that they cannot put 2 array that are completely different in voltages in parallel as this will produce little power on that input. They did not understand, as they are not familiar with parallel input. I had to demonstrate by switching the array one at a time to show them what would happen. After they saw that they understood and they had to reconfigure array 1 and array 2 to 10 panels per array and that feed the arrays to MPPT1 inputs. Array 3 then consist of 9 panels which feed to MPPT2 input.

After all that saga you would think it is finally over. Well it is NOT. After that Skylight Energy contacted me for a feedback on the phone. So I gave my feedback accordingly. Some 2 hours later, I received email from them, making a threat against me. Telling me to not to contact Skylightenergy again among other things.

To be fair to them Jean is good at her job, she promptly response to any issues or complains and try to rectify if possible.

I hope the company will do better for other customer and learn from their mistake.

I also urge any customer who are in possession of Goodwe inverter to check the warranty as Goodwe only provide 5 years warranty for their inverter. If the sale person told you that it is 10 years then you need to contact them to request the warranty certificate issued by Goodwe.

Oh there is another thing I would like to mention. They have said in their sales pitch that he will give $200 reward for any successful recommendation. My fiend who has put me to Skylight Enegy have yet to receive a cent from Skylight Energy. Skylight energy keep on telling him that it is with the account department. This has gone on for months now. I doubt if my friend will receive anything. Skylightenergy should own up to their promise.

Fantastic company and trusted and honest Installers

Best Price for quality products , 6.6kw 20X330w risen tier 1 half cut solar panels, 5kw 3 phase wi fi inverter, titan solar rafters, installers were on time, very focus on the job and completed around lunchtime.Only thing I wasn't happy with was they did not assist me in adding wifi download to my phone.

Apart from this there customer service bookings were terrible but need to improve other wise good products and great installers so I still gave them 5 Stars.

Happy with the end result

My experience with Skylight Energy is very good, from the initial quotes from Steven who answered all my questions, the very accommodating customer service Jean and the Installers Eddie and his company are very professional and polite. I will highly recommend this company for solar installation. Show additional information

Shes a Beauty Mate!

Sales Process
too right mate Cheers Yuri for helping me with the Sales process and selecting the Perfect system for my home.
*very clear explanation and professional shading analysis was carried out.
*the panels were German Made Aleo brand
*A clear explanation was provided about how the Solar system actually works
*very polite
*a true expert in his field

Fantastic Installation
* shes a beauty up on the roof mate Cheers Brian for arranging it in a nick of time.
* only 1 week i waited before it got done, i couldn't believe it was so fast.
*Shes a true beauty mate
*Gaza and his team did a great job with the install
*looks great on the roof

*Fast
*Friendly
*Clearly Explained
*Professional
*A++

One of the Best Solar Companies in Australia Mate. Glad i came on board with Skylight Energy.

Authentic Australian based Business.

If your looking for a No Dramas installation go with Skylight Energy, i was very happy with my install and the whole sales process and installation process will be Sending my Brother and my sister to get thier houses arranged ASAP!

Cheers Mate
Logan

Great work and very efficient

Great install very efficient. Was a pleasure to deal with. Thank you for the install Show additional information

Paid deposit in early march, Skylight have not installed, it is now July

Very nice signing up, since then they avoid contact and refuse to answer calls and have not installed system

Do not deal with these people .

Learn More

Easier to deal installer.

Sales and quotation is easy and good explanation of the system, good customer service.

Installation is OK, with a few broken tiles and rubbishes left behind. Technician polite and punctual. All grid connection was organised by the installer. Overall is very good company to deal with.

6.6kW system with GroWatt inverter installed 2 weeks ago

They provided excellent customer service. I have 6.6kW system with GroWatt inverter installed 2 weeks ago for my owned house after recommended for a few customers and they are very happy with it.
They also provide end to end service which I do not have to deal with my provider to change for the smart meter, they take care of everything. Strongly recommended

Great job

Had great service from quote to finish..Steven did a great job in getting a price we were happy with.

Jean was lovely and friendly and kept me informed along the way. They installed on the date given and the guys were very professional, friendly and tidy can't wait for it to be switched on and see my electricity bills disappear. Thanks Skylight Energy

Great Value for your Money.

Customer service was great.

Jean is very helpful and very prompt on answering all of our queries.

Installation was done very smoothly and looks very good.

I would like to thank Carlos for the team work

Again I’ll like to thanks Carlos for guiding me to the best quality. The boys that installed the system. Show additional information

Fantastic sales rep and customer service

I have been dealing with Steven (sales rep). He has done great job. I got the quote on 1st April , since then I've made several changes (almost 4 times) to the quote. Hi listened to everything and amended until I got satisfied with price as well as the equipment. Finally I compared the quote with 3 other companies and decided to go with Skylight Energy.
I accepted the quote on Monday the 4th and made the deposit. I cannot believe that they said to me that they can do installation 7th May. I was so happy that I heard stories from other people saying that they have to chase other companies for the installation. But Skylight Energy is exceptional.

They have completed the installation today (7th May) . The installers and the electrician were very professional and did a fantastic job for me.

Jean is the Customer service staff who answered the phone all the time and prompt responses via email. excellent service.
As the installation completed today , Jean rung me and said that she will send the form for the grid connection by tomorrow. I have a confident that they will do this quickly as well.

I would recommend Skylight Energy for any one who wants hassle free process for their solar installation.

Quick and efficient installation

Quick installation and process. If you need solar panels I highly recommend Skylight Energy. I can’t praise them enough. Show additional information

Professional Service

Steven, Jean and the team at Skylight are very professional dealing with their customers. The installation was done in less than 5 hours and the quality of workmanship is superior. Highly recommend their service for the competitive pricing.

I went with 20 panels JA MONO SPLIT CELL Solar Panels 330Watts + 5KW SOLIS Dual-MPPT inverter.

Quick, professional and prompt service !

After almost 3 years still very happy, no problems at all

Overall, had a very positive experience with Skylight Energy.
Back in 2017, the installation team were great, and the process was very straightforward.
My 5.6kW system has 20 x Canadian Solar 280w panels with an SMA 5kW Sunny Boy inverter.
No technical problems at all to date.
The system is saving me 70% of my power bills, so far returning 30% of the cost of the system over 3 years.

Important: Before I could start selling power back to the grid, a new digital power meter was required (replacing the old analogue power meter) - thankfully AGL installed this free of charge.

Up and going, well informed. Mark our salesperson was helpful and gave great advice

Great service and gave fair quotes with the many varied options that we were seeking. we didn't settle on cheapest but one that gave us a good outcome. Mark our salesperson was well informed and polite. Show additional information

The system works, but its not fully installed

The engagement with Skylight has gone smoothly enough - from consultation, through quote & proposal to schedule. They removed my old 6kw system on the Thursday & advised the Saturday for installing the 10kw replacement. It rained Saturday so they did advise 20/03 for installation. The electrician arrived 1 hour late, but the installers were another hour later. They ended up installing 20/30 panels on the angled roof no problems, but left 10 in my garage awaiting their return. Its the 30th today & I have not heard from them apart from a brief email from the office stating they were awaiting feedback from installers as to when they could return. Isaac the electrician was good enough to connect the 20 into the Inverter & setup the wifi. This all works very well. I have not paid anything apart from the 5% deposit. (Perhaps a delay due to Coronavirus) Show additional information

Installed with no fuss!!!!

Got a good quotation on the product. Was installed with no fuss, just had to follow up the installation after 8weeks of waiting. Otherwise all okay. Show additional information

Happy and disappointed

Amazing salesman, Carlos is very good to deal with. Incredible work done by installers Alex and Craig. The time was the only bad experience from rain and installers being unreliable. The ladies in office, Yasmin and Jean have been wonderful to work with. Thank you Show additional information

Awesome

I had a great experience on the installation of our solar system.

Steven was very prompt and knowledgeable on what he do. The price is very reasonable.

Need to wait for the installation around 2 weeks or so but I guess thats ok and normal.

Installers are polite and professional. Did a great job.

The customer service is fantastic. Jean did an amazing job in coordinating with everyone. Installers, finance provider and energy provider.

I really never imagined that solar will give me a positive credit.

Would recommend having a solar system as well as dealing with Skylight Energy.

Great installers and easy to work with but the office is not truthful

Solar quote was for 26 panels which was guaranteed at the time of quote. Only 21 panels installed, full payment made to them and was offered a very poor compensation for the five panels so I told them I wanted the five panels delivered to me. I have yet to receive the 5 panels and will be contacting the ombudsman and making a complaint.

Be very careful and demand a detailed quote not a lump sum quote because they are not truthful.

Good System - Major headaches

Sales and Quoting was excellent and Steven went out of his way to help at every turn, working on Saturdays to help finalise the scope.

And that's where the service ended.

Once you have committed with a deposit, nobody wants to know you. I had to chase Skylight Energy almost non-stop for not meeting their commitments. Originally scheduled for installation in November, we were delayed to just before Xmas. Ok, no problem. Then I get a call asking if I would be available on January 15th for installation! After being told there would be 3-4 weeks after payment in October, this was too much. So after a strongly worded phone call, the installation happened before xmas... Ok.

To be fair, the installation looks great, performs well and was a competitive price, so no complaints there.

Only to find out the wifi module was not installed, so no mobile monitoring for us. And again the chasing began. This drives me mad, because everytime I call them, they tell me not to worry, they will sort it out (and call me back). Nope. I always end up chasing them again for answers.

These guys are tiring.

But the system is fine.

Happy with the service and recommend!

I am happy with my exprience. Sales went fine. All my questions/requests were addressed. Salesperson was polite, prompt.
Installation was on time and without any delay. They did a good job.
Customer service was good and received all the help necessary including the connection to the grid.
Overall, I am satisfied with the service provided.

They were late on installation however the install went through ok. Could they be better YES but I can confirm all these solar companies do not have their own Accredited Solar/Roof/Electricians.

Sales were fine
Installer could not be bothered doing the install and delayed me 3 weeks. Not that this is a show stopper. Finally got another crew to do the install who did not bother looking at the original design we agreed on and told me it would be better to put all the panels on the west roof when i had ample space for at least 10 on the north. They did the install but I could tell they were not really very experienced in doing the entire job on time as quoted originally which was 1 day. Took 2 full days and that was me doing some work with them to help them out. Long story short would I use these guys again. The answer is simple I feel I know more than the company doing the install minus the accreditation and license and labour skills. Anyway the install was finished and everything works as it should and the after sales was fine. Also I setup the Fronius Inverter and then configured the web interface on my own. Thought it was part of the install but again like I said I feel I know more than them.
This entire Solar game is a complete fraud if you are interested in buying come and see me give me your accreditation for solar and bring me a good crew I could sell the product and with good help could do a better job then all the companies who quoted me.

Very happy, would definitely recommend to my friends

Had a very good experience with them. Starting with a great sales person, very prompt and polite customer service to professional installation.
The panels I ordered initially were out of stock, but the issue was resolved quickly and I got a free upgrade to better panels.
Installers didnt leave any mess for me to clean up

Customer service people sent all paperwork to my energy provider.
Very happy with all aspects of their work.

Fantastic service, prompt answers to my questions and would recommend skylightenergy to friends.

Very prompt
installation was punctual no mess for me to clean up and very polite installers
yes they will send paper work to my energy provider
over all very good service

Highly recommended

From the get go to the Feed-in tariff stages the information from Steven (Sales) and Jean (Admin) was excellent. Very professional, they do what they say they will do.
Skylight Energy has provided us with excellent service, the installation went well and we were generating solar power from day one. All in all a "Great Experience".

Terrific group to work with. More than happy

After 2 other members of my family and a friend have had Skylight install their systems and sung their praises I decided to also go with Skylight. I researched the quote given with other suppliers just to be sure and found the price very competitive.
Quoting was quick easy and accurate.
The installers were punctual, polite and did a very professional job, cleaning up well after themselves.

Quick and easy

Referred by my brother in-law. Seen Carlos and team. System got installed on a timely manner. Great system. Producing Great output bill has gone from 550 to -220. In credit now with origin. Show additional information

Quick Efficient Installation and Helpful Responsive Admin Staff

Skylight was referred to me by my brother-in-law, who had a solar system installed at his house for the past 10 years or so previously, so he knew what to look for this second time round for his upgrade. After satisfied with the installation of a new Siren 6.6KW system about 3 weeks ago, he referred Skylight Energy to me, and I went ahead with the same size system. Installation was carried out today very smoothly, no incidence, and not one broken tile. They arrived an hour earlier than expected. All team member were friendly, knew their function, and went about it professionally. They left the place nice and tidy. Show additional information

Very pleased with professional installation.

Skylight Energy were very responsive and followed through with all arrangements. The installation was very professional. Show additional information

Good customer service and great pleasant installers

My experience with Skylight Energy has been friendly and honest, The time from begin to complete install the system was only 3 weeks.
All paper works was went easy and smoothly without me to chase it up.
Installation was done professional by their contractor. Commissioning was 35 kw on the first day
The administration staff (Jean) were helpful and friendly.
Highly recommending Skylight Energy to anyone looking to install the solar system.