Skylight Energy Reviews

About Skylight Energy, Solar Installers

Skylight Energy

Reviewers report paying: $2,650 - $6,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Skylight Energy specialises in High Quality cost efficient solar Systems and solar Battery Installations covering the Domestic and Commercial market and stock high end Tier 1 solar panels and Inverters suited to a broad range of clientel throughout Sydney Melbourne and Queensland.

With a dedicated sales and customer support Team covering a broad range of solar inquires and assistance relating to solar Installation and service we cover small medium to large scale projects.

Skylight Energy Solar Reviews

Learn More

The system works, but its not fully installed

The engagement with Skylight has gone smoothly enough - from consultation, through quote & proposal to schedule. They removed my old 6kw system on the Thursday & advised the Saturday for installing the 10kw replacement. It rained Saturday so they did advise 20/03 for installation. The electrician arrived 1 hour late, but the installers were another hour later. They ended up installing 20/30 panels on the angled roof no problems, but left 10 in my garage awaiting their return. Its the 30th today & I have not heard from them apart from a brief email from the office stating they were awaiting feedback from installers as to when they could return. Isaac the electrician was good enough to connect the 20 into the Inverter & setup the wifi. This all works very well. I have not paid anything apart from the 5% deposit. (Perhaps a delay due to Coronavirus) Show additional information

Very good service

Sale process was good
Installation team was a very good team

Installation of solar panels.

Very happy with the eay that the panels where put on the roof.The team of guys worked all day nonstop on a very hot day. They caused no inconvenience to me and cleaned up all their mart. I would happerly recommend them. Show additional information

Do not waste your time, full of lies and broken promises

Do not waste your time, full of lies and broken promises. Very good sale talk. Once deposit taken it gone down hill.

Written on contract - "system will be installed within 2-3 weeks weather permitted".

No one turn up on day of installation, was told installer call in sicked when contacted.

Reschedule for next day, again no one turn up, was told they only just found out the Fronius inverter did not arrive when I called them. Offered to substitute a cheap Chinese inverter for the Fronius 8.2kw I ordered.

Refused to give a timeline or refund. Said their Terms and Conditions override the 2-3 weeks promise in the contract, therefore they have up to 4 months to deliver the goods. Their Term and Condition stated “The Customer and the Company agree to the installation of related goods and services within Four (4) months of the acceptance of the Quotations unless otherwise agreed in writing or other conditions in this Contract as stated“.

It would be 4 months unless otherwise specified in the contract. Contract does not mean anything to these people.

Let see how the court see Australian Consumer Law Act 2010 - section 36 - Accepting payment without intending to supply.

They have not returned my call or msg.

Great price and good service

Quoting process was efficient.

The person who installed the panels was time, friendly and easy-going. He also disposed of the rubbish.

Customer service staff are accommodating and pleasant. They promptly contacted the energy provider.

Very happy with the overall performance of the system

got my system installed 2 years ago. Price given to me is competitive that time.
Installation took place within 3 weeks. Excellent work and professional staff members!
The system is producing more than 35kW a day! Very happy with the service, support amd performance!

Helpful staff and great installation

Staff were extremely helpful throughout the whole process, from the rep who quoted the system and was transparent about what would work best for my home and lifestyle to the admin team who kept me up to date with the installation process. Installers were fantastic as well, they answered all of my questions on the day of installation. I had a few issues with my inverter when first installed, Skylight Energy worked with me in working out what the issue was and were very quick in getting the installer back out to rectify, system now works perfectly. Would definitely recommend! Show additional information

Skylight experience

6 months ago I gave them a deposit .
After 4 install dates did not happen I ask for a refund of deposit .
Would not refund said deposit is not refundable.
Meanwhile I found out that there is an issue with mains cable , it needs to be upgraded for panels to be installed which will cost thousands .
They will still not refund but said I have upgraded cable then they will install .
They terms and conditions say that property must be fit for purpose !!
I think that is taking it a bit far .
So they will not refund and I will not be getting Solar installed !

Fantastic service from start to finish

Installation was done beautifully, installers were very polite and knew what they were doing. Customer service was also great, sales rep was very friendly and the admin staff helped with any queries promptly. Show additional information

Solar Installation - peace of mind

Skylight explained the quality of the panels quoted given the challenges of our roof to maximize the output
The current market is a minefield & they were able to layout all the facts & options available with no pressure to buy
An informed decision was made to purchase with real peace of mind
A cheaper system can be more expensive long term
The process from quote to installation was very professional
They are now following up with our energy supplier Red energy to install the meter to the grid
Their installers were neat, tidy & professional & kept us informed over the 2 days of installation.

What customer service

There is no customer service. I have had issues from the day the system was installed. My system stops working and they do not want to send anybody out to repair. They expect me to reset the system all the time. I have no time every day to check if my system is making power or if it is on tilt again! What is this for customer service? And now they claim the system stops working because of my WIFI???? What has WIFI got to do with making power. My WIFI is working perfectly because I have to use it to reset the inverter all the time. Please stay away from this company Show additional information

Great team Skylight Solar

Installed very professionally my 13.5 jinko and fronius inventor very happy no piping on roof all taken inside roof very neat great installers very clear on product supplied what was agreed on
Very good

Carlos was excellent - really did the utmost to find me the best deal. The installation with Tom Gentle was excellent - very efficient and professional. The time from order to shipping was excellent

Sales and quoting process was fantastic! The installation was professional, efficient and timely. The customer service was beyond expectation. Show additional information

Recommend skylight energy

Great company. Good installers. They do a professional job and are very nice. Carlos the sales rep is very good and works with you to get a good price. Good value for money and the office is always willing to help. Show additional information

High Quality Solar with Great Customer Service

I finally found the right Australian based solar company
for my solar, I was quoted a high quality 6.6 kw solar system
with Carlos who guided me in the right direction for the best
solar system within my Budget and the Admin team assisted
me with all my queries.

I use to have a bill of around $590.00 its been wiped out now so pleased.
Highly recommended Thanks Skylight Energy keep up the good work.

Good value all round and a vital home improvement.

Customer service people gave accurate information, installing team were hard workers and gave good feedback, I am happy with how the process has gone. Show additional information

Fantastic Service

I have had the best experience with Skylight Energy from beginning to end. Carlos is the consultant i dealt with and his approach and knowledge of the system was fantastic and helped me find the right panels to suit my daily living.
I would recommend Skylight Energy to anyone wanting or thinking about Solar panels

Worst ever

Had to wait over 3 months for installation, Installation terrible, did not know what they were doing. Didn't know how the inverter worked.
Left my solar panels banging in the wind after the installation was finished.
Even then had to wait 3 weeks of banging before I begged them to return to fix.
Never again.

Fantastic Experience

Very professional sales team who went above and beyond to make my solar purchase a smooth experience. Installers were polite and did a fantastic job. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Highly recommended/ Professional Company

Steven was very informative/knowledgeable and gave numerous quotes to choose from. The installation earlier than expected, was quick with no mess or breakages. Customer service was impeccable, handling everything from go to finish.
Highly recommended.

Good Install

The installers were great, what a good team, just thought the internal works in the ceiling space could have been finished off better rather than have an unsupported sagging conduits.
The huawei inverter failed after about 4 weeks of operation, the good news for me it was diagnosed quickly and changed out for a new unit within 2 weeks.
Overall Skylight Energy were okay and i will Continue using them for my Solar requirements.

Really helped me a lot. Good quality reasonable price.

Staff went above and beyond to help me. Really appreciate it. Show additional information

DO NOT USE Skylight Energy at all costs

Update - 14th August 2020: I was contacted by phone from SKYLIGHT ENERGY who IF I take down the review they will fix all issues ASAP and sorry for the delay.

Well after contacting them several more times they said she would send a repairer out in about a week, this ended up taking 2 weeks and several more emails, but the repairer arrived on site but said they were only there to look at system and report, well they didn't even get on or in the roof just asked me the what the issues were which I repeated to them same as I had I said to SKYLIGHT previously on several occasions and they left saying they would send a report to them and left doing no repairs.

Again after several more emails and not until I said I would repost the review they again said a repairer would be out the next week, again after several emails later they gave me a date, which of course nobody arrived, this same process happened 3 more times.

And now it is over 3 more months later and no change, just a lot more LIES from all levels of the SKYLIGHT ENERGY team.

So as mentioned earlier I STRONGLY recommend you avoid these solar providers and go with anybody else, even simply throw your money on the ground and you might have more luck getting a satisfactory job then from SKYLIGHT ENERGY.

We are now going to fair trading and hopefully have more luck, well can't be any worse.

Original post:
The sales quoting went well, pushy though and once contract signed and payment made the problems started, firstly install date got changed and delayed a few times by Skylight, then on install day no one showed, then on second and 3rd install day no one should, with Skylight blaming installer and installer saying the parts have not arrived at his shop, then when they finally came to install they couldn't install where we were assured they could go, (I payed extra for micro inverter system so as to install in different locations) So they said they could only install on roof and not my shed as agreed and if I wouldn't except that they would leave, so I said fit to roof.

When job completed still issues, Skylight said they would organise meter install, now they say no, that's my problem even when I showed emails showing their statement, so another couple weeks to get meter installed, then not communicating properly, when I contacted installer to attend, he said no because Skylight hadn't paid him yet for several jobs.
I contacted Enphase who said installer needs to assign a plan of individual inverters which he hasn't done, and now 1 inverter has failed and no idea which one of the 23 it is so all panels need to come off until found.

System also doesn't monitor usage only production which in emails they said would monitor usage, imported and exported power.
It is now nearly 10 months and system still not working properly and we have been to fair trading who do there little bit, we gave them many chances to correct the issues now we off to court and see how that goes.
In closing DO NOT USE THEM they are all liars.

Excellent job!

I have installed a 5KW system 3.5 years ago with Skylight. Quote was competitive at that time.
Installation took place within weeks and professional installers came for the installation. Excellent customer service and assisted me to choose the most suitable system for my budget. System still running without any issues. Saving $800-$1000/year

Best of the best

Carlos and team were professional honest trustworthy reliable and the tradesmen were the best we’ve had I can’t recommend this company highly enough , Top quality products top quality service top quality price so no more Show additional information

Best of the best

Carlos was most professional salesman .
After comparing every single competitor Carlos and his company Provided not only German quality products that were the best for the price of all other companies. I couldn’t recommend this company and I do not use other installers as they are all using Chinese products skylight energy with the only ones that used German inverters and panels at the most affordable price will be using this company for all my properties in future no question about that

Excellent job

Had a great experience with Skylight energy from the beginning to the end of the process to have my solar system installed.
Great service fully recommended .

Fantastic Installation and Service

Fantastic experience with Skylight Energy. Salespeople Carlos and Yuri were both extremely helpful and explained every part of the process thoroughly from quotation to installation, I was especially happy that they quoted the exact system I needed rather than pushing for the most expensive option. Any questions I had were answered clearly and they provided high quality products at a reasonable price.

Installers were very polite and did a beautiful job, they walked me through everything they were doing and were happy to answer all the questions I had. They even took care of the smart meter installation for me!

A month on the solar panels work beautifully, and have saved me massively on my electricity bill. Highly recommend using Skylight Energy!

Not a Good experience I expect Better

They seem good with the initial sale, but later I found out that the sale tactic is dishonest and misleading. For example they sold me a 10KW Goodwe inverter with a 10 years warranty. After the installation I found out that Goodwe only warranty their inverter for 5 years and you have to purchase the 5 years extended warranty from Goodwe. At the time I have not paid the system in full, so I took it up with them. They finally agree to purchase the extra 5 years warranty.

The installation did not go as smooth as I expect. By the way this is my third solar installation at my premises, no issues with any of the previous installation. For the start I got sarking in my roof and explain to them not to damage the sarking. They told me they will only cut small holes for the cables to come through. When the job was completed I was stunned as they did not ask me to enter the house and access the manhole into the roof cavity. This rang an alarm bell. So the next day I climb up into the roof cavity and found that they cut many large holes in the sarking to insert the cable and cable conduit. They also had to cut up large holes in the sarking to tie cable tie to the conduit in an attempt to secure the conduit (see attached pictures). This is normally done using metal clips not cable ties. I was extremely disappointed there are so many damages to my sarking. I had to ask the company to come back and fix them up. They eventually did.

Then I had more issues with the panels configurations and the inverter connections. The inverter I got is a Goodwe GW10KL-DT which has 2 MPPT inputs. However, MPPT1 has 2 inputs that are parallel, and MPPT2 have a single input. This stuffed them up as they don't understand how to configure the solar array and make the connections. They thought it does not matter how you connect the solar array to the inverter inputs. Solar they have 3 solar arrays up on the roof, array one consist of 11 panels 400W (46.8V each), array 2 consist of 8 of 400W (46.8V each) and array 3 consist of 10 of 400W panels (46.8Veach), Then they connect array 1 and array 2 to the inputs of MPPT1, and array 3 to the input of MPPT2. When I told Skylight Energy of the issue, naturally they did not understand what I was talking about. They thought I was mad and thought I was just being difficult. When they turn up I show them the issues and explain to them that they cannot put 2 array that are completely different in voltages in parallel as this will produce little power on that input. They did not understand, as they are not familiar with parallel input. I had to demonstrate by switching the array one at a time to show them what would happen. After they saw that they understood and they had to reconfigure array 1 and array 2 to 10 panels per array and that feed the arrays to MPPT1 inputs. Array 3 then consist of 9 panels which feed to MPPT2 input.

After all that saga you would think it is finally over. Well it is NOT. After that Skylight Energy contacted me for a feedback on the phone. So I gave my feedback accordingly. Some 2 hours later, I received email from them, making a threat against me. Telling me to not to contact Skylightenergy again among other things.

To be fair to them Jean is good at her job, she promptly response to any issues or complains and try to rectify if possible.

I hope the company will do better for other customer and learn from their mistake.

I also urge any customer who are in possession of Goodwe inverter to check the warranty as Goodwe only provide 5 years warranty for their inverter. If the sale person told you that it is 10 years then you need to contact them to request the warranty certificate issued by Goodwe.

Oh there is another thing I would like to mention. They have said in their sales pitch that he will give $200 reward for any successful recommendation. My fiend who has put me to Skylight Enegy have yet to receive a cent from Skylight Energy. Skylight energy keep on telling him that it is with the account department. This has gone on for months now. I doubt if my friend will receive anything. Skylightenergy should own up to their promise.

Fantastic company and trusted and honest Installers

Best Price for quality products , 6.6kw 20X330w risen tier 1 half cut solar panels, 5kw 3 phase wi fi inverter, titan solar rafters, installers were on time, very focus on the job and completed around lunchtime.Only thing I wasn't happy with was they did not assist me in adding wifi download to my phone.

Apart from this there customer service bookings were terrible but need to improve other wise good products and great installers so I still gave them 5 Stars.

Happy with the end result

My experience with Skylight Energy is very good, from the initial quotes from Steven who answered all my questions, the very accommodating customer service Jean and the Installers Eddie and his company are very professional and polite. I will highly recommend this company for solar installation. Show additional information

Shes a Beauty Mate!

Sales Process
too right mate Cheers Yuri for helping me with the Sales process and selecting the Perfect system for my home.
*very clear explanation and professional shading analysis was carried out.
*the panels were German Made Aleo brand
*A clear explanation was provided about how the Solar system actually works
*very polite
*a true expert in his field

Fantastic Installation
* shes a beauty up on the roof mate Cheers Brian for arranging it in a nick of time.
* only 1 week i waited before it got done, i couldn't believe it was so fast.
*Shes a true beauty mate
*Gaza and his team did a great job with the install
*looks great on the roof

*Fast
*Friendly
*Clearly Explained
*Professional
*A++

One of the Best Solar Companies in Australia Mate. Glad i came on board with Skylight Energy.

Authentic Australian based Business.

If your looking for a No Dramas installation go with Skylight Energy, i was very happy with my install and the whole sales process and installation process will be Sending my Brother and my sister to get thier houses arranged ASAP!

Cheers Mate
Logan

Great work and very efficient

Great install very efficient. Was a pleasure to deal with. Thank you for the install Show additional information

Paid deposit in early march, Skylight have not installed, it is now July

Very nice signing up, since then they avoid contact and refuse to answer calls and have not installed system

Do not deal with these people .

Learn More

Easier to deal installer.

Sales and quotation is easy and good explanation of the system, good customer service.

Installation is OK, with a few broken tiles and rubbishes left behind. Technician polite and punctual. All grid connection was organised by the installer. Overall is very good company to deal with.

6.6kW system with GroWatt inverter installed 2 weeks ago

They provided excellent customer service. I have 6.6kW system with GroWatt inverter installed 2 weeks ago for my owned house after recommended for a few customers and they are very happy with it.
They also provide end to end service which I do not have to deal with my provider to change for the smart meter, they take care of everything. Strongly recommended

Great job

Had great service from quote to finish..Steven did a great job in getting a price we were happy with.

Jean was lovely and friendly and kept me informed along the way. They installed on the date given and the guys were very professional, friendly and tidy can't wait for it to be switched on and see my electricity bills disappear. Thanks Skylight Energy

Great Value for your Money.

Customer service was great.

Jean is very helpful and very prompt on answering all of our queries.

Installation was done very smoothly and looks very good.

I would like to thank Carlos for the team work

Again I’ll like to thanks Carlos for guiding me to the best quality. The boys that installed the system. Show additional information

Fantastic sales rep and customer service

I have been dealing with Steven (sales rep). He has done great job. I got the quote on 1st April , since then I've made several changes (almost 4 times) to the quote. Hi listened to everything and amended until I got satisfied with price as well as the equipment. Finally I compared the quote with 3 other companies and decided to go with Skylight Energy.
I accepted the quote on Monday the 4th and made the deposit. I cannot believe that they said to me that they can do installation 7th May. I was so happy that I heard stories from other people saying that they have to chase other companies for the installation. But Skylight Energy is exceptional.

They have completed the installation today (7th May) . The installers and the electrician were very professional and did a fantastic job for me.

Jean is the Customer service staff who answered the phone all the time and prompt responses via email. excellent service.
As the installation completed today , Jean rung me and said that she will send the form for the grid connection by tomorrow. I have a confident that they will do this quickly as well.

I would recommend Skylight Energy for any one who wants hassle free process for their solar installation.

Quick and efficient installation

Quick installation and process. If you need solar panels I highly recommend Skylight Energy. I can’t praise them enough. Show additional information

Professional Service

Steven, Jean and the team at Skylight are very professional dealing with their customers. The installation was done in less than 5 hours and the quality of workmanship is superior. Highly recommend their service for the competitive pricing.

I went with 20 panels JA MONO SPLIT CELL Solar Panels 330Watts + 5KW SOLIS Dual-MPPT inverter.

Quick, professional and prompt service !

After almost 3 years still very happy, no problems at all

Overall, had a very positive experience with Skylight Energy.
Back in 2017, the installation team were great, and the process was very straightforward.
My 5.6kW system has 20 x Canadian Solar 280w panels with an SMA 5kW Sunny Boy inverter.
No technical problems at all to date.
The system is saving me 70% of my power bills, so far returning 30% of the cost of the system over 3 years.

Important: Before I could start selling power back to the grid, a new digital power meter was required (replacing the old analogue power meter) - thankfully AGL installed this free of charge.

Up and going, well informed. Mark our salesperson was helpful and gave great advice

Great service and gave fair quotes with the many varied options that we were seeking. we didn't settle on cheapest but one that gave us a good outcome. Mark our salesperson was well informed and polite. Show additional information

Installed with no fuss!!!!

Got a good quotation on the product. Was installed with no fuss, just had to follow up the installation after 8weeks of waiting. Otherwise all okay. Show additional information

Happy and disappointed

Amazing salesman, Carlos is very good to deal with. Incredible work done by installers Alex and Craig. The time was the only bad experience from rain and installers being unreliable. The ladies in office, Yasmin and Jean have been wonderful to work with. Thank you Show additional information