Solar4Life Reviews

About Solar4Life, Solar Installers

Solar4Life
Silver Partner
Solar4Life is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 43 616 294 145  ABN active since 05 Dec 2016 | Global Enterprising Pty Ltd
ACN: 616 294 145  ACN active since 05 Dec 2016 | Global Enterprising Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 2019143 Global Enterprising Pty Ltd

NSW: 341426C Global Enterprising Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar4Life is a Solar Power Installation company based in Mitchell and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Solar4Life Solar Reviews

First time solar purchase

Was very happy with the assistance provided by solar quotes. Each company provided me with very good information. I ended with the best value for money. Show additional information

A good job

Very happy with the panels and the installation, which was done efficiently and on time. Show additional information

good service Punctual, Polite clean friendly team done very good job I am very happy

from start to finish super service very friendly team Solar4life is business i will recommend thank you guys Show additional information

Fantastic service from Solar4Life

I cannot fault Solar4Life. Nathan arrived on time and quickly provided a quote which was very competitive. He also answered all my questions. Suchita from the office kept us informed of progress and the system was installed on the day specified. Suchita also informed us that there would be a delay of a few hours in the installation of the inverter due to rain. Excellent service. I would recommend Solar4Life without hesitation. Show additional information

Great Service and Install

Service from the sales team was excellent. A rep came to my house with a plan already drawn up and was able to adjust it to my needs and gave me good realistic advice on the value of a battery for my home at the current price.
Installation of panels and inverter went smoothly over two days and the system was up and running on the afternoon of the second day.
Solar4life have organised the grid connection which is due to occur next Tuesday when they install the smart meter.
Overall, a great customer experience and I’m very happy with the products and service.

Product seems good, a bit of a hassle to work with.

Sales process was smooth, but once work was under way communication seemed to stop. I had to chase things up frequently. Had a no-show which was frustrating. Communication seems to be poor between the office, the installers, and the sparkies, as nobody seemed to have a clear idea of what had happened, and what remained to be done,or where things had been put. Naturally hiccups are to be expected, but keeping the client informed when they occur is pretty important.

Once trades were actually on site, the installation seemed to be pretty smooth, and the tradies were very tidy and polite.

Solar4Life listened, explained options, answered questions and were flexible

Solar4Life were recommended to us through SolarQuotes. We sought four quotes in total (2 through SolarQuotes and 2 externally), but decided to go with Solar4Life because: 1) they were responsive to numerous questions we asked; 2) they used only quality materials (as per 'the good solar guide' book); 3) Solar4Life gave us options to suit our budget; 4) Solar4Life didn't overstate the array's production capability (yes, some companies did!!); 4) the salesperson established a good rapport with us and based on all this we considered we could try this company to deliver a quality product.

Once we had agreed on the system size we only had to wait only 3 weeks for installation - which was ahead of the expected installation date. Installation took 1 day and the team were all polite and hardworking. Even at this stage though we were consulted with as there was some last minute array changes due to panel sizes. Solar4Life were able to negotiate and resolve that situation to our satisfaction. The electrician came the following week to complete system connection to the grid, including installation of the 'Solar Analytics' monitoring unit which we had included as part of our system (can't recommend that enough as it gives you real-time monitoring of production and usage of your power - but also will alert you and the installation company of any problems with your system).

Solar4Life handled everything for us, including approvals. We received a system dossier from them about 2 weeks after installation which is a complete record of the system, including all parts used, wiring diagram, warranty information, approval certificates etc. At the time of this review, our system has been up and running for a month without any issues. We are happy to recommend Solar4Life, but also the use of SolarQuotes - which gives you the added benefit of reviewing others experiences but also providing your own honest experiences. We reviewed other's experiences with Solar4Life too as part of our decision making process.

Overall we are happy customers - both with Solar4Life but also Solar Quotes. We highly recommend reading Finn Peacock's book 'the good solar guide' - we found it essential reading to help us understand the size of the solar array we needed, the size of the inverter but also what quality materials to use as well as general knowledge on electricity. We bought the kindle edition, but you can also read it for free on the website. The value of that book is that we found we were more informed.

Happy with the system, problems with the phone app

Questions during the quoting process were handled promptly. Happy with the install, the installers kept the site tidy and cleaned up well. Connection to the grid was smooth. No assistance provided with smart phone monitoring app on connection to the grid, instructions provided with the Fronius paperwork were rudimentary and insufficient. System appears to be working well but currently unable to monitor on the phone. Show additional information

Professional and fast.

Great. Professional and answered all my questions questions. Great service during teething period shortly after. Working brilliantly. Will be recommending to everyone. Show additional information

Easy and fast

Way easier than I expected. Seemed to go from thought to quote to installation in a few short weeks. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Excellent customer service

Sale person was very knowledgeable. He gave a thorough site inspection and provided several alternatives based on size, price and needs.

The entire process from quote to completion was seamless and exceeded my expectations.

Solar4Life - Highly professional installer

Solar4Life provided a very competitive quote and were very professional and helpful at every stage of the process from initial contact, site visit, installation and commissoning and after sales service including grid connection after the install. I would strongly recommend them to anyone. Show additional information

Great product. Quick installation. Zero service

Was given 1 day notice for installation. When the installers came I wasn’t sure how to answer their questions and no one from Solar4Life was available to answer my questions. The electrician came on Saturday and left without telling me. The power went off and again I couldn’t contact Solar4Life again. Fortunately the electrician came back. I never heard from Solar4Life with an apology or explanation. Show additional information

Excellent Service

From our first contact regarding a quote, to the installation of the solar system, we have been absolutely happy with the service provided by the Solar4Life team. The quote process was simple and effective and the salesperson took the time to listen to what we wanted and offered appropriate suggestions (like the addition of optimisers for our particular situation). The quote itself was competitive and our salesperson organised a competitive financing deal as well.

The installation went without a hitch, the installation team were very efficient, professional and polite - they left the yard neat and tidy, which was appreciated (not all tradesman have the same level of professionalism). My dealings with the office staff was always a pleasant experience and everything was dealt with efficiently.

So far the solar system is working without a hitch and we are very happy with the results.

For the very first contact with Solar4Life, it has been an easy and uncomplicated process.

Great price and easy to organise

Quoting was quickly received and the job was completed quickly Show additional information

Solar4Life installation in Kambah

Our system was intsalled in late 2019 and so far I am happy with it. The salesperson was thorough, efficient and friendly. The system chosen wasn't the cheapest compared to other quotes but it was the one that made us feel more comfortable. The installation process was drawn out however over several weeks and there were so many different people attending that we lost track of who was who. Our electricity bills have been in credit since the connection and everything seems to be working fine. Show additional information

Professional Job

Great customer service , quick response and follow up
Strongly recommended for those who are after quality services

Delivered service within time as promised, overall awesome experience

Installation Team was awesome, time respective and responsive

Customer service was great and exceptionally great who understand your requirements.

Very good in suggesting ideas and value.

If you looking for value that is minimizing the bill to max, yes its solar4life

Promised and lookafter with a good response when it comes to warranty or repair

Fantastic Job

Solar4Life team is fantastic from sales/quoting to final installation and post installation service. The team is professional, and friendly to work with. They are also always available for questions as well. Definitely recommended. Show additional information

Complex system installed - exceptionally good

I have a U-shaped house which required extra consideration for installation of a large 13.2 kw solar system. The spec I have had installed by Solar4Life is:

40 * 330W Jinko Panels;
Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery;
Tesla Backup Gateway 2;
2 * 5kw SolarEdge Inverters;
40 * SolarEdge Panel Optimisers;
400 litre Rinnai electric hot water system replacing gas on-demand heater;
Hot water system timer;

Being a large and complex installation I had some anxiety around whether I would end up with the quality solution that I was hoping for.

I can honestly say that the solution has exceeded my expectations. The entire process from sales through to installation and commissioning has gone without a hitch. Extra care was given to install the 2 inverters and Tesla battery in the garage - away from the elements. My electricity meter is on the other side of the house, and Solar4Life had to run cables between the meter and garage and meter and hot water system out the back. All this was done to an exceptionally high standard and no complaints from Solar4Life when my roof cavity proved to be more difficult than expected. SolarEdge's distributor in Australia also stopped providing the 10kw inverter that was originally quoted, so Solar4Life contacted me and arranged for 2 * SolarEdge 5kw inverters to be installed instead, with no increase in the quote. The installation proceeded even during the Covid-19 period (April 2020) without any issues, but social distancing was maintained.

The most pleasing aspect was the quality of the workmanship. There are a minimum of conduits and cables showing and everything is very neat. Yesterday (day 1 after installation) the system produced 57kwh in-line with the quoted specification for the month of April. The battery which shipped at 20% full, filled up. The 400 litres in the hot water tank heated to 70 degrees celsius. Some energy was exported to the grid and the battery ran the house through the evening and night. No energy was required from the grid.

I had one configuration issue with the power monitoring. I reported this to Solar4Life and the same day, the electrician came back out and resolved the issue so that the power monitors are now showing the correct values.

I wanted a well-designed end-to-end complete solar and battery solution. That's what I now have. All dealings with utility companies and certificates of compliance and government charges were handled by Solar4Life. They have my highest recommendation. Thanks Gavin, Michael and everyone else at Solar4Life for an awesome job.

Fantastic service

Outstanding timely service. Quick response and personalised service. Solutions that do work and competitive pricing structure. Can rely on and trust this local business. High praise and appreciation for a potentially complex problem solved by Solar4life. Thank you all for your efforts and curious communication. BTW my inverter was not working, quite a few issues and had new Sunnyboy installed. Show additional information

Very good installation

The sales/quote process was very good. Any questions I had were promptly answered, via email. The installation crew were fast, very good as well as polite. The installation occurred over two days and they cleaned up quickly. There was a small delay in full completion as we had to wait for ACTEWAGL to install the smart meter. Overall, I would recommend the company on price and quality of install. Show additional information

After sales service could be better

The sales and quoting process was great....we went with one of the two solar retailers who visited onsite where the installer (electrician) also visited to check and confirm requirements.
After the contract was signed, communications were less than satisfactory. Although we were told that it would be installed within three weeks, this didn’t eventuate and we eventually had the system installed eight weeks after the contract date. There was a singular lack of communication from the retailer during this period.
When it was finally done, The installation was done professionally and well by the installer.
I’m still waiting on a response to my email about grid connection. I believe the form was submitted a day or two after installation, but 10 days after installation, I’m yet to hear back from either the solar retailer or power company about connection to the grid.
The price stated below includes $1300 for meter box upgrade and the system installed is 4.6kWh.

Excellent service - beginning to end and beyond

We decided to install a good quality solar system for our home (9.5kw, Sunpower-Maxeon 350 kw panels with Fronius Symo 10 kw inverter). In that process, we selected Solar4Life as our solar system installer after obtaining quotes from a few tier one providers. Solar4Life gave the cheapest and best quote.

We are so happy with Solar4Life for their open communication, customer service and advise given to us right from the beginning to end. Their experienced and skilled team knew things inside out which made our installation very seamless and smooth.

Their follow-up service after the installation to answer our queries are highly applauded (which we do not expect from most provider’s after their invoice is paid).
We had a very pleasant surprise in our electricity bill. It was around 1/10 of the same period of our previous year’s bill (last year this period we paid around $500+ and our current bill was $53)

We highly recommend Solar4Life for their quality installation and excellent customer service. We will not hesitate to use them again for our future solar needs.

Excellent customer service

Fantastic team. Great product system has been installed in September and performing excellent 6.6 producing average of 40 kilowatt in sunny days. Will recommend solar4life. Show additional information

Solar 4 Life - yet to be installed

Tha sales and quoting process was extremely comprehensive and an employee actually came to my home. They were very knowledgeable in their products but let the client still make the choice on system chosen. They did not push for a bigger more expensive system.
Installation has yet to be completed.

Solar4Life were excellent!

Solar4Life were excellent! The office staff kept in touch during the whole process, there onsite staff were polite, professional and left the site clean. I would definitely recommend Anne and everyone at Solar4Life
Jorge, Gundaroo resident
We're entering contract this weekend. Show additional information
I got 6.6KW system installed in Coombs from Solar4Life. The guys are amazing and did the superb work at my home.
It was bloody hot on the day 33c and I have black tin roof but guys did exceptionally well.
System is performing amazingly and getting 39Kwh+ output on sunny day.
The company, particularly Milagros, was very quick to respond to requests for information and for status reports. The company showed flexibility, willingness to listen and courtesy beyond the norm. I would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends. Show additional information
The low rates of finance & local installers convinced me to go with Solar4Life. Very happy with the speed & quality of the installation which was completed in around four hours. Show additional information