Solar4Life

Solar4Life Reviews

Solar4Life is a Canberra based company dedicated to providing quality solar installations for the local community. We pride ourselves on delivering quickly and efficiently with our team of industry professionals and experienced CEC accredited designers and installers. As a CEC accredited retailer, we are raising standards within the industry and we’ve applied our knowledge and experience to deliver quality results for our residential and commercial customers within the ACT and surrounding areas.

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $11,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Battery brands previously installed

Solar4Life Reviews (74)

4.3/5

Good system, but constant delays and poor communication

Sales person was great, informative, good communication etc.

Nothing wrong with the system, although it isn't fully functional yet with further installations required.

Installation has been a nightmare, 3 months down the track and still not completed to date. We requested that notice be given when workmen would be on-site for the installation, as the tennants in the house require notice, however several times tradesman completed work at the house unannounced.

Poor communication between the tradesmen and the operations team. Communication isn't really required for a straight forward install, however if any additional work is required (switch board upgrades or additional electrical works), poor communication has caused many issues with ordering additional supplies, tradesman being unaware of full works required to be completed. All of the above has resulted in many delays and frustration for both us and the tennants.

Hi Fred,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you'd experienced with your solar installation. We always aim to do our best to keep an ongoing communications both internally and externally. However, these recent times have been quite challenging due to Covid-19, especially in terms of making sure we provide a safe environment for our staff members and customers.

Whilst we understand that this is something which may have caused inconvenience to you, we would like to assure you that we are trying our best to keep up with the good work keeping everyone's safety in mind in such challenging times. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during this process and we would like to rest you assure that we will look into this matter for you and resolve the same as per your best convenience.
kind regards.

Original Review on 29-04-2021:

Very efficient and polite people involved at each stage.

The installation went very smoothly. People turned up when they said they would and any questions I had were answered promptly. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Pam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The input is well up to expectations. The monitoring has been disappointing.

The installer that treated us best.

Solar4Life did a fantastic job on what was by all accounts a difficult and time consuming job. We have a three storey townhouse that required some intricate wiring, as well as pigeon proofing. They installed everything for a reasonable price and really took the time to answer all of our questions.

They helped us troubleshoot some small issues we had and were very responsive with their after sales support.

We got six quotes, and were initially going to go with ECG Electrical. However ECG treated us as an inconvenience, while Solar4Life were quick to answer any and all inquires we had.

Tai, Suchita, Nathan, Jimmy, and Rhys from Solar4Life were all fantastic to deal with and displayed the utmost professionalism.

We've already recommended Solar4Life to some friends that are interested in their own solar and battery system.

Thank you so much for your feedback Michael!
We appreciate your kind words.

We are proud to have such amazing team members!!

Great system and service

Very knowledgeable team helped us to make good decisions. Installation happened smoothly and efficiently. Post-installation service has been fairly adhoc.

Patience for a 'different' design, working through problems, good install, good customer comms

We wanted to design a system around the existing on our new (to us) home in Canberra. My priorities were positive environmental impact, maximising system size for available roof and of course low payback period.

Out of the 5 companies we talked to, Solar4Life was the only one that respected our desire to keep the existing (and perfectly working) system and work around it. They even upsized the inverter for us - as we wanted to design in future proofing.

Solar4Life were really lovely to work with - polite, helpful, and got the job done despite lockdown challenges - from sales with Lachlan (who put up with many, many questions from me and worked to get the system we wanted) and also both the install team and Jimmy the electrician. The Solar4LIfe team did their best to work around lockdown constraints, and were very conscious about being COVID safe when in and around our home.

A big thanks from myself and my wife on the successful install.

In the first week, the overall systems (including the old system who's output we can now monitor) is generally performing between 10-15% above the projected.

Looking forward to reporting back in a few months.

Hello Jason,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

We really appreciate your kind words.

Original Review on 12-02-2021:

Fast and efficient

Well presented quote, but flexible to change in their suggested panel location.

Some room for negotiation price.

Easy and polite to deal with.

Grid connection undertaken after the install without delay.

There remains an issue of my having to put in WiFi in order for SMA to communicate with the inverter. This arises from my location in the semi-bush without WiFi connection.

8 months later we asked Laurence: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Good Products and Service

When we were searching for solar we specifically contacted local retailers for quotes, we got 4-6 quotes and the Solar4life quote was not the cheapest quote and certainly not the most expensive quote. They offered the best value quote for sale and after-sale support arrangements.

For us, the after-sale service support capability was more important, as we heard lots of horror stories of online retailers offering cheap prices and post-install don't provide any warranty support. Solar4life has a good range of options and a good reputation for after-sale support, therefore, we decided to buy from them.

Post-installation we had a technical issue a week after the installation, where the panels stopped and we contacted Solar4Life for support and the next day their technicians were on-site to fix the fault. We are happy with their service and after-sale support.

Great customer service / professionalism / supportive / quality response / easily approachable

I had little experience with buying a Solar pannel and felt completely lost and overwhelmed when I made the decision to buy. Solar 4 life team members was incredibly helpful, and I felt comfortable throughout the process that the decisions made with his guidance were in my best interest. Everyone was very professional, supportive and approachable. I could easily reach out to ask any questions I thought of no matter how silly they seemed on my end. Thanks again for everything, I’m very happy with the outcome and I would definitely recommend working with Solar 4 life for my future requirements and with Sukhi in particular. Thanks to the installation team.

Well done Solar 4 Life team .

Hello Sam,
Thank you for your kind words!
Our team is always happy to help :)

This company is absolutely appalling STAY CLEAR

Stay well clear of this company. They do not deliver what they say, they do not monitor the systems to ensure things are working correctly. The only reason that the installation is so good is cause it was done by a subcontractor.

Unless you want continuously ongoing issues do not use this company! Take note that they have removed numerous reviews as they don't like the truth.

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback.
However, we would like to bring this to your attention that there was some technical issue on solaredge monitoring portal yesterday. We have and will continue to take care of all our customers and thrive on our customer service.

Keeping the heavy demand in mind, we do use quality subcontractors for a few jobs, however, we ensure that all regulations are followed in doing so.

Our team has always responded to your queries over the last year (ever since the system was installed back in 2020) and has tried in their best capabilities to resolve all (or any) issues that have come up with the system or any other aspect of the installation, which is why it is upsetting to read this.

Please be rest assured that if there is any outstanding or ongoing issue which has remained unresolved up to your satisfaction, our team will endeavour to resolve it at the earliest.

After your phone call we contacted solaredge and they opened a case and their engineers are looking into the system to figure out the issue. We forwarded you all the emails which the solaredge technical support sent us.

We will be following their instructions to resolve the issue.

Original Review on 20-01-2021:

!!Urgent attention!! Easy to get in touch

I do not know much about solar. I did some research. From getting qoute till install feels good. I like prompt attention when u call or email. I hope they will respond even after installation. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Umesh: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Think so

Original Review on 14-08-2020:

Happy with the system, problems with the phone app

Questions during the quoting process were handled promptly. Happy with the install, the installers kept the site tidy and cleaned up well. Connection to the grid was smooth. No assistance provided with smart phone monitoring app on connection to the grid, instructions provided with the Fronius paperwork were rudimentary and insufficient. System appears to be working well but currently unable to monitor on the phone. Original ratings

13 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. On track for payback in a little over 3 years. This is roughly in line with my calculations, the quote was a little more optimistic at around 2.3 years as it factored in an unrealistically high feed-in tariff and an uncapped grid feed-in which would have allowed export of up to 15kw/h (system max) rather than the 9kw/h cap imposed by the energy retailer. Despite the capped kw/h grid feed-in, the power generation by the system was still over 96% of what the quote indicated.

Solar4Life were a little slow in getting the relevant paperwork to the energy retailer so that we could get the feed in tariff, we lost about 2 months of feed in tariff before that was finally sorted out.

Overall, very happy with the investment in our system.

Fabulous Local Solar Company

Solar4Life is a fantastic local solar company with staff that provide exceptional professional, honest service from quote to final install. I would recommend them to anyone serious about purchasing a solar system.

Tai provided me with a detailed quote with a full explanation of the various product differences and performance - these guys sold me a system that was suitable for the position of roof (huge, north facing with full sun) and suitable for my current and future consumption needs. They did not try and sell me products I did not need. They were also super competitive with their pricing.

Suchita was wonderful in keeping me informed of the solar installation and answering all my weird and wonderful questions (of which there were plenty). She even helped sort me out when my energy provider gave me incorrect advice.

Timmy and the installation team was wonderful - prompt, polite, covid safe, provided answers to all my questions, cleaned up after themselves and provided a few useful tips so I could get the most out of my new system.

Anil was great and came promptly the day after instal to go through the wifi with me.

All in all it was a very seamless process. And connection to the grid was organised for me too. Wonderful! Thank you Solar4Life.

Hi Sue,
Thanks a lot for your feedback, this really made our day!!

We have passed on your kind words to each and every team member involved in this process!

Excellent Service Go to Whoa

We had a quote from Solar4Life within hours of submitting a request to SolarQuotes. It was quite a bit cheaper than two other quotes but my limited research indicated that quality components would be installed. I had excellent communication with the company and was kept appraised of the installation timeline throughout the process.

The panel installation team was very efficient and took around six hours. The sparky Nathan was called away to an urgent repair job late in the day but he was back first thing the next morning to finish commissioning the system (in the rain I might add). His workmanship was first rate (see photo of inverter). Our energy supplier installed the smart meter about a week after the system was commissioned.

Someone from the company visited us the day after commissioning and helped me to set up the WiFi and the Solis app.

In short - very happy Kev.

System for future needs

Sales/ quoting was good
Installation timing was a bit uncertain and then when they turned up was excellent.
Customer service good with grid connection organised and an app for monitoring my production and usage.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

A good job

Very happy with the panels and the installation, which was done efficiently and on time. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Nicholas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It's been about nine months and the system is still performing well.

A good system

Very good experience with these guys.
Did eveything they said they would, and on time.
System is still going strong a year later.

A sound and successful Choice

The sales and quoting process was calm and believable without hard sell/exaggeration. Some useful advice on dealing with energy companies was helpful. No other potential suppliers volunteered such information.

The panel installation was undertaken in a period of poor weather over two days in a sensible and calm manner. A number of tiles were cracked an\d we tracked down replacements which the company paid for. Electrical cables, switchboard modification and inverter were installed without any fuss and grid connection organized. People arrived on time as planned and left every thing clean and tidy.

All the team - panel installers, electricians and engineers, together with the business manager and the operations manager were cheerful, helpful, polite and efficient.

A small leak occurred after heavy rain and the company responded quickly. Whilst a cracked tile could not be found filler was placed in the area and that seems to have fixed the matter. Regardless Solar4life operations are on standby to revisit should the leak reappear.

Our first bill has appeared and is a pittance.

The government inspector checked and signed off on the system last Friday 4 June.

System upgraded, extra panel's and battery ready inverter

Quoting process was at the house and well explained.
Installation was professional, punctual, staff very polite,courteous
The system was already connected to grid. I had a connsumption meter also connected and it was set up to my phone and ipad by the company.
Very good service would recommend this company

Canberra installation

No fuss and easy to deal with. Salesperson was prompt, explained details well and was not pushy.

I’m happy

Good price, happy with install. One panel not fully outputting from the get home, let’s see how good the warranty is.

Seamless and Timely

A fulsome documented quote that was able to accommodate changes to panel layout preferences and assumptions that underpinned the quote and the ROI .The customer service was first class and the grid approval , installation and connection was completed within one week of paying a10% deposit. i could not have expected a more seamless or better experience.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Solar4Life - Highly professional installer

Solar4Life provided a very competitive quote and were very professional and helpful at every stage of the process from initial contact, site visit, installation and commissoning and after sales service including grid connection after the install. I would strongly recommend them to anyone. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has lived up to all my expectations after six months of operation. Very happy with the panels, the inverter, the battery, and the installers

Excellent customer service so far

Still in the first stages of installation but so far so good. Excellent salesperson Lachlan. He’s polite, friendly, professional and knowledgeable. He worked with me to find the best system and price for my situation. I have complete trust that I will be looked after if any problems arise.

Original Review on 13-07-2020:

Great product. Quick installation. Zero service

Was given 1 day notice for installation. When the installers came I wasn’t sure how to answer their questions and no one from Solar4Life was available to answer my questions. The electrician came on Saturday and left without telling me. The power went off and again I couldn’t contact Solar4Life again. Fortunately the electrician came back. I never heard from Solar4Life with an apology or explanation. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been trouble free and my bills are much lower than I expected

A Hassle quote and installation

Sales process was excellent the sales person was quite upfront with his facts and figures and cut through the technical jargon.

All of the liaison and approvals from the electricity authority was taken care of.

The installers were very cheerful and polite and any problems that arose were taken care of.

Solar 4 life

Install yet to be finished due to a few delays mostly due to rain. High quality system panels and inverter. Customer service and communication was mostly pretty good.

Great Team

Service was fantastic from the initial consult through to install and follow up.

Very Helpful sales staff.... responded quickly when contacted. Over Christmas so some issues with communication but mostly very smooth and good process.

Polite, helpful, only one that would do a site visit. Organised grid connection as part of it.
Would recommend them.

Great system. Good value compared to equivalent quotes.

Sales/Quoting process: quick & efficient

Installation: There were a few hiccups during the installation process, predominantly in areas around communications and timings. However, the company's management has since contacted me and explained the underlying issues and have sorted things out. Installers and electricians were great people who were polite and left the work area in a tidy manner.

At the end of the day, the installed system performed much better than quoted/anticipated and the normalized energy produced was much higher than other similarly-spec'ed systems in the same area (this can be done via pvoutput).

Extremely efficient and great communication

Punctual, easy to communicate with and provided a turn key installation.

Solar installation

The job seemed to go well although felt sorry for the two guys who installed the solar panels in 38 deg heat. A stinker of a day and took them almost 9 hours to complete. The inverter tech took a lot longer then he thought he needed but appeared to do decent job. A bit hard to understand with his limited English but we managed. Overall a reasonably seamless op otherwise.

Not the best in organising the subcontractors

Sales, quoting no problem. Installer polite. Customer service not existing. They organised the grid connection.

Fantastic

All went very smooth great service follow up was good

Competitive pricing. Very professional from start to finish.

I found Solar4Life, to be reasonably priced.
Very professional team to deal with.
I was impressed with prompt responses for any queries.

Very receptive to what we had to say at every stage.

The operations team were very organised and professional to deal with.

Planning to get Solar4Life to quote and work on another site for us as well.

Good job and a very happy customer.

supportive sales person

they in formed me everything through text and messenger which was suitable for me

Quick and efficient

Happy with the process up to and including installation. A bit disappointed with after sales service

Highly recommended.

The sales person visited the site for inspection before making a quote (instead of relying on Google map). He provided me multiple quotes with different systems/scenario so that I could compare. He was very patient with us, polite and punctual.

The installation person was punctual and tidy. The customer service was great - we had a bit of delay in process after the install due to Xmas/New Year break, but they were quick after we made a follow up call.

Overall, we are very happy with Solar4Life.

Stress Free

The whole process was stress free.

Extremely happy with the whole process from design, answering questions and installation

Panels were installed on the Thursday, system up and running by Friday Lunch. I had access to the SolarEdge app by the following Tuesday and Government certification completed within 3 weeks from installation.

Solar4Life - fabulous

Solar4Life provided their quote quickly and answered all my questions thoroughly. They were not pushy is the sales process. The installation was done professionally by really hard working, knowledgeable people. They were all polite, punctual and tidy, apart from the new system and box, you wouldn’t have known they’d been there!

Went well

Overall helpful and obliging.
Good customer service. Connection with grid and meter replacement by energy provider all taken care of

Very happy customer

Right from the beggining these guys were very helpful and fair.

They provided customer service above my expectations. Especially conducting an installation over the Christmas period.

I highly recommend their service.

6.6kw Solar install - Fronius Inverter, Seraphim Panels

Good sales support with good detail presented.
Good pricing, very competitive.
Good installation and after sales support.

Awesome output- first bill -$150

I could not stop recommending Solar4Life because as they promised for no more electricity bills. I can see that's happening with a huge credit.

I was manage to adjust my credit to the gas bill.

At the end we only got to pay $85 for the gas and electricity usage for 3 months which was simply exceptional.

Customer service is great, what I like most is they wonderful in being responsive, quick and recommending.

You thinking to save money! Go for Solar4Life

Best solar company in Canberra

Highly recommended...Excellent customer service

All the staff are professional and highly committed and you can’t go wrong when choosing them...

Trouble free installation and service

Provided us with great installation plan and quotes to help us to decide to go ahead

Installation proceeded with few problems

Compressive dossier provided as well as instruction on setting up monitoring system

Work done on time and within budget

System working well

Very happy with solar4life

Solar4Life ...

A company with the best team, high quality output with one of the most competitive pricing. Totally impressed by the way the entire task was conducted. I would definitely recommend then to others.

First time solar purchase

Was very happy with the assistance provided by solar quotes. Each company provided me with very good information. I ended with the best value for money.