Solar4Life

Solar4Life Reviews

Solar4Life is a Canberra based company dedicated to providing quality solar installations for the local community. We pride ourselves on delivering quickly and efficiently with our team of industry professionals and experienced CEC accredited designers and installers. As a CEC accredited retailer, we are raising standards within the industry and we’ve applied our knowledge and experience to deliver quality results for our residential and commercial customers within the ACT and surrounding areas.

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $11,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar4Life Reviews (67)

4.4/5

Original Review on 14-08-2020:

Happy with the system, problems with the phone app

Questions during the quoting process were handled promptly. Happy with the install, the installers kept the site tidy and cleaned up well. Connection to the grid was smooth. No assistance provided with smart phone monitoring app on connection to the grid, instructions provided with the Fronius paperwork were rudimentary and insufficient. System appears to be working well but currently unable to monitor on the phone. Original ratings

13 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. On track for payback in a little over 3 years. This is roughly in line with my calculations, the quote was a little more optimistic at around 2.3 years as it factored in an unrealistically high feed-in tariff and an uncapped grid feed-in which would have allowed export of up to 15kw/h (system max) rather than the 9kw/h cap imposed by the energy retailer. Despite the capped kw/h grid feed-in, the power generation by the system was still over 96% of what the quote indicated.

Solar4Life were a little slow in getting the relevant paperwork to the energy retailer so that we could get the feed in tariff, we lost about 2 months of feed in tariff before that was finally sorted out.

Overall, very happy with the investment in our system.

Fabulous Local Solar Company

Solar4Life is a fantastic local solar company with staff that provide exceptional professional, honest service from quote to final install. I would recommend them to anyone serious about purchasing a solar system.

Tai provided me with a detailed quote with a full explanation of the various product differences and performance - these guys sold me a system that was suitable for the position of roof (huge, north facing with full sun) and suitable for my current and future consumption needs. They did not try and sell me products I did not need. They were also super competitive with their pricing.

Suchita was wonderful in keeping me informed of the solar installation and answering all my weird and wonderful questions (of which there were plenty). She even helped sort me out when my energy provider gave me incorrect advice.

Timmy and the installation team was wonderful - prompt, polite, covid safe, provided answers to all my questions, cleaned up after themselves and provided a few useful tips so I could get the most out of my new system.

Anil was great and came promptly the day after instal to go through the wifi with me.

All in all it was a very seamless process. And connection to the grid was organised for me too. Wonderful! Thank you Solar4Life.

Excellent Service Go to Whoa

We had a quote from Solar4Life within hours of submitting a request to SolarQuotes. It was quite a bit cheaper than two other quotes but my limited research indicated that quality components would be installed. I had excellent communication with the company and was kept appraised of the installation timeline throughout the process.

The panel installation team was very efficient and took around six hours. The sparky Nathan was called away to an urgent repair job late in the day but he was back first thing the next morning to finish commissioning the system (in the rain I might add). His workmanship was first rate (see photo of inverter). Our energy supplier installed the smart meter about a week after the system was commissioned.

Someone from the company visited us the day after commissioning and helped me to set up the WiFi and the Solis app.

In short - very happy Kev.

System for future needs

Sales/ quoting was good
Installation timing was a bit uncertain and then when they turned up was excellent.
Customer service good with grid connection organised and an app for monitoring my production and usage.

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

A good job

Very happy with the panels and the installation, which was done efficiently and on time. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Nicholas: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It's been about nine months and the system is still performing well.

A good system

Very good experience with these guys.
Did eveything they said they would, and on time.
System is still going strong a year later.

A sound and successful Choice

The sales and quoting process was calm and believable without hard sell/exaggeration. Some useful advice on dealing with energy companies was helpful. No other potential suppliers volunteered such information.

The panel installation was undertaken in a period of poor weather over two days in a sensible and calm manner. A number of tiles were cracked an\d we tracked down replacements which the company paid for. Electrical cables, switchboard modification and inverter were installed without any fuss and grid connection organized. People arrived on time as planned and left every thing clean and tidy.

All the team - panel installers, electricians and engineers, together with the business manager and the operations manager were cheerful, helpful, polite and efficient.

A small leak occurred after heavy rain and the company responded quickly. Whilst a cracked tile could not be found filler was placed in the area and that seems to have fixed the matter. Regardless Solar4life operations are on standby to revisit should the leak reappear.

Our first bill has appeared and is a pittance.

The government inspector checked and signed off on the system last Friday 4 June.

System upgraded, extra panel's and battery ready inverter

Quoting process was at the house and well explained.
Installation was professional, punctual, staff very polite,courteous
The system was already connected to grid. I had a connsumption meter also connected and it was set up to my phone and ipad by the company.
Very good service would recommend this company

Very efficient and polite people involved at each stage.

The installation went very smoothly. People turned up when they said they would and any questions I had were answered promptly.

Canberra installation

No fuss and easy to deal with. Salesperson was prompt, explained details well and was not pushy.

I’m happy

Good price, happy with install. One panel not fully outputting from the get home, let’s see how good the warranty is.

Seamless and Timely

A fulsome documented quote that was able to accommodate changes to panel layout preferences and assumptions that underpinned the quote and the ROI .The customer service was first class and the grid approval , installation and connection was completed within one week of paying a10% deposit. i could not have expected a more seamless or better experience.

Original Review on 20-07-2020:

Solar4Life - Highly professional installer

Solar4Life provided a very competitive quote and were very professional and helpful at every stage of the process from initial contact, site visit, installation and commissoning and after sales service including grid connection after the install. I would strongly recommend them to anyone. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has lived up to all my expectations after six months of operation. Very happy with the panels, the inverter, the battery, and the installers

Excellent customer service so far

Still in the first stages of installation but so far so good. Excellent salesperson Lachlan. He’s polite, friendly, professional and knowledgeable. He worked with me to find the best system and price for my situation. I have complete trust that I will be looked after if any problems arise.

Original Review on 13-07-2020:

Great product. Quick installation. Zero service

Was given 1 day notice for installation. When the installers came I wasn’t sure how to answer their questions and no one from Solar4Life was available to answer my questions. The electrician came on Saturday and left without telling me. The power went off and again I couldn’t contact Solar4Life again. Fortunately the electrician came back. I never heard from Solar4Life with an apology or explanation. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been trouble free and my bills are much lower than I expected

A Hassle quote and installation

Sales process was excellent the sales person was quite upfront with his facts and figures and cut through the technical jargon.

All of the liaison and approvals from the electricity authority was taken care of.

The installers were very cheerful and polite and any problems that arose were taken care of.

Fast and efficient

Well presented quote, but flexible to change in their suggested panel location.

Some room for negotiation price.

Easy and polite to deal with.

Grid connection undertaken after the install without delay.

There remains an issue of my having to put in WiFi in order for SMA to communicate with the inverter. This arises from my location in the semi-bush without WiFi connection.

Solar 4 life

Install yet to be finished due to a few delays mostly due to rain. High quality system panels and inverter. Customer service and communication was mostly pretty good.

Great Team

Service was fantastic from the initial consult through to install and follow up.

Very Helpful sales staff.... responded quickly when contacted. Over Christmas so some issues with communication but mostly very smooth and good process.

Polite, helpful, only one that would do a site visit. Organised grid connection as part of it.
Would recommend them.

Great system. Good value compared to equivalent quotes.

Sales/Quoting process: quick & efficient

Installation: There were a few hiccups during the installation process, predominantly in areas around communications and timings. However, the company's management has since contacted me and explained the underlying issues and have sorted things out. Installers and electricians were great people who were polite and left the work area in a tidy manner.

At the end of the day, the installed system performed much better than quoted/anticipated and the normalized energy produced was much higher than other similarly-spec'ed systems in the same area (this can be done via pvoutput).

Extremely efficient and great communication

Punctual, easy to communicate with and provided a turn key installation.

Solar installation

The job seemed to go well although felt sorry for the two guys who installed the solar panels in 38 deg heat. A stinker of a day and took them almost 9 hours to complete. The inverter tech took a lot longer then he thought he needed but appeared to do decent job. A bit hard to understand with his limited English but we managed. Overall a reasonably seamless op otherwise.

Not the best in organising the subcontractors

Sales, quoting no problem. Installer polite. Customer service not existing. They organised the grid connection.

Fantastic

All went very smooth great service follow up was good

Competitive pricing. Very professional from start to finish.

I found Solar4Life, to be reasonably priced.
Very professional team to deal with.
I was impressed with prompt responses for any queries.

Very receptive to what we had to say at every stage.

The operations team were very organised and professional to deal with.

Planning to get Solar4Life to quote and work on another site for us as well.

Good job and a very happy customer.

supportive sales person

they in formed me everything through text and messenger which was suitable for me

Quick and efficient

Happy with the process up to and including installation. A bit disappointed with after sales service

!!Urgent attention!! Easy to get in touch

I do not know much about solar. I did some research. From getting qoute till install feels good. I like prompt attention when u call or email. I hope they will respond even after installation.

Highly recommended.

The sales person visited the site for inspection before making a quote (instead of relying on Google map). He provided me multiple quotes with different systems/scenario so that I could compare. He was very patient with us, polite and punctual.

The installation person was punctual and tidy. The customer service was great - we had a bit of delay in process after the install due to Xmas/New Year break, but they were quick after we made a follow up call.

Overall, we are very happy with Solar4Life.

Stress Free

The whole process was stress free.

Extremely happy with the whole process from design, answering questions and installation

Panels were installed on the Thursday, system up and running by Friday Lunch. I had access to the SolarEdge app by the following Tuesday and Government certification completed within 3 weeks from installation.

Solar4Life - fabulous

Solar4Life provided their quote quickly and answered all my questions thoroughly. They were not pushy is the sales process. The installation was done professionally by really hard working, knowledgeable people. They were all polite, punctual and tidy, apart from the new system and box, you wouldn’t have known they’d been there!

Went well

Overall helpful and obliging.
Good customer service. Connection with grid and meter replacement by energy provider all taken care of

Very happy customer

Right from the beggining these guys were very helpful and fair.

They provided customer service above my expectations. Especially conducting an installation over the Christmas period.

I highly recommend their service.

6.6kw Solar install - Fronius Inverter, Seraphim Panels

Good sales support with good detail presented.
Good pricing, very competitive.
Good installation and after sales support.

Awesome output- first bill -$150

I could not stop recommending Solar4Life because as they promised for no more electricity bills. I can see that's happening with a huge credit.

I was manage to adjust my credit to the gas bill.

At the end we only got to pay $85 for the gas and electricity usage for 3 months which was simply exceptional.

Customer service is great, what I like most is they wonderful in being responsive, quick and recommending.

You thinking to save money! Go for Solar4Life

Best solar company in Canberra

Highly recommended...Excellent customer service

All the staff are professional and highly committed and you can’t go wrong when choosing them...

Trouble free installation and service

Provided us with great installation plan and quotes to help us to decide to go ahead

Installation proceeded with few problems

Compressive dossier provided as well as instruction on setting up monitoring system

Work done on time and within budget

System working well

Very happy with solar4life

Solar4Life ...

A company with the best team, high quality output with one of the most competitive pricing. Totally impressed by the way the entire task was conducted. I would definitely recommend then to others.

First time solar purchase

Was very happy with the assistance provided by solar quotes. Each company provided me with very good information. I ended with the best value for money.

good service Punctual, Polite clean friendly team done very good job I am very happy

from start to finish super service very friendly team Solar4life is business i will recommend thank you guys

Fantastic service from Solar4Life

I cannot fault Solar4Life. Nathan arrived on time and quickly provided a quote which was very competitive. He also answered all my questions. Suchita from the office kept us informed of progress and the system was installed on the day specified. Suchita also informed us that there would be a delay of a few hours in the installation of the inverter due to rain. Excellent service. I would recommend Solar4Life without hesitation.

Great Service and Install

Service from the sales team was excellent. A rep came to my house with a plan already drawn up and was able to adjust it to my needs and gave me good realistic advice on the value of a battery for my home at the current price.
Installation of panels and inverter went smoothly over two days and the system was up and running on the afternoon of the second day.
Solar4life have organised the grid connection which is due to occur next Tuesday when they install the smart meter.
Overall, a great customer experience and I’m very happy with the products and service.

Product seems good, a bit of a hassle to work with.

Sales process was smooth, but once work was under way communication seemed to stop. I had to chase things up frequently. Had a no-show which was frustrating. Communication seems to be poor between the office, the installers, and the sparkies, as nobody seemed to have a clear idea of what had happened, and what remained to be done,or where things had been put. Naturally hiccups are to be expected, but keeping the client informed when they occur is pretty important.

Once trades were actually on site, the installation seemed to be pretty smooth, and the tradies were very tidy and polite.

Solar4Life listened, explained options, answered questions and were flexible

Solar4Life were recommended to us through SolarQuotes. We sought four quotes in total (2 through SolarQuotes and 2 externally), but decided to go with Solar4Life because: 1) they were responsive to numerous questions we asked; 2) they used only quality materials (as per 'the good solar guide' book); 3) Solar4Life gave us options to suit our budget; 4) Solar4Life didn't overstate the array's production capability (yes, some companies did!!); 4) the salesperson established a good rapport with us and based on all this we considered we could try this company to deliver a quality product.

Once we had agreed on the system size we only had to wait only 3 weeks for installation - which was ahead of the expected installation date. Installation took 1 day and the team were all polite and hardworking. Even at this stage though we were consulted with as there was some last minute array changes due to panel sizes. Solar4Life were able to negotiate and resolve that situation to our satisfaction. The electrician came the following week to complete system connection to the grid, including installation of the 'Solar Analytics' monitoring unit which we had included as part of our system (can't recommend that enough as it gives you real-time monitoring of production and usage of your power - but also will alert you and the installation company of any problems with your system).

Solar4Life handled everything for us, including approvals. We received a system dossier from them about 2 weeks after installation which is a complete record of the system, including all parts used, wiring diagram, warranty information, approval certificates etc. At the time of this review, our system has been up and running for a month without any issues. We are happy to recommend Solar4Life, but also the use of SolarQuotes - which gives you the added benefit of reviewing others experiences but also providing your own honest experiences. We reviewed other's experiences with Solar4Life too as part of our decision making process.

Overall we are happy customers - both with Solar4Life but also Solar Quotes. We highly recommend reading Finn Peacock's book 'the good solar guide' - we found it essential reading to help us understand the size of the solar array we needed, the size of the inverter but also what quality materials to use as well as general knowledge on electricity. We bought the kindle edition, but you can also read it for free on the website. The value of that book is that we found we were more informed.

Professional and fast.

Great. Professional and answered all my questions questions. Great service during teething period shortly after. Working brilliantly. Will be recommending to everyone.

Easy and fast

Way easier than I expected. Seemed to go from thought to quote to installation in a few short weeks. Highly recommended.