SolarBright - Company Review Notice SolarBright - Company Review Notice

DETAILS
97% 0%
4.8

Based on 210 ratings

SolarBright is a family owned Australian solar and skylight business established in 2008, operating from our own purpose-built facility in Prestons NSW that houses our head office, showroom, factory, and warehouse.

The SolarBright “family” has grown to over 25 staff, the combined experience of the team is over 200 years with over 8 installation teams working across NSW.

We are proud to have helped thousands of families and businesses save money off their power bills with our range of leading energy saving products.

Despite the substantial growth the business has enjoyed since 2008, however our contact details remined the same since day one giving customers peace of mind by dealing with a stable and long-standing company.

SolarBright is the manufacturer of world class Skylights and solar powered roof ventilators with large network of distributors across Australia & NZ.

SolarBright is also one of the largest solar & battery installation company in NSW with impeccable reputation, Using quality product such as
REC, MaxPower Solar, Tesla, SolarEdge and other reputable brands.

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $6,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

SolarBright Reviews (210)

Original Review on 26-04-2023:

On time, job completed with no fuss and tidy with hand over info about Inverter..

All of the above was carried out as per quote, no issues with install..grid connection was all done through Solar Bright,
New smart meter was installed, through Origin, we have now changed to retailer Powershop..

10 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

NO Battery installed..

Excellent customer service.

We originally went to SolarBright Port Macquarie as we were interested in their MaxBreeze Solar Roof vent. Jordy, the main sales representative, was so helpful and efficient with our enquiries of the MaxBreeze that we decided to install a roof-top solar system from SolarBright Port Macquarie also.

We are very happy with the service from all the staff at SolarBright Port Macquarie and their installation teams who installed the MaxBreeze and the solar system. It was all very easy and Jordy really is very excellent at his job and provides really timely service and advice, and steps you through all the various stages of solar installation.

We weren't sure how well the MaxBreeze would work but it has made a really big difference to the inside temperature of our house due to there now being no heat build up in the roof cavity throughout the day. The change has been really noticable and our house is much cooler. We installed the MB400Z - Zephry with AC model.

Solar is working seamlessly and can already see big savings coming to our electricity bills on our provider's usage app which is connected to the net meter..

We were very happy with all aspects of our experience with SolarBright Port Macquarie - sales, service, installaton quality and installation teams etc. Jordy is a particular stand out.

Great company to do business with great product and customer service

I had a 6.6kw system installed recently in Wingham by Solar Bright. Jordy, Julia and the Port Macquarie team were great made the experience seamless did all the required applications and the price was compatible to these door knocking people who will sell you cheap panels and invertors and disappear as soon as a warranty claim is lodged. The installer team had the job done in a few hours didn't stop the whole time and explained how the system worked and set up the Wi Fi connection to keep track of your daily generation. Once the job was done the documentation came to advise what needed to be done after the installation to have your retailer complete the process in their systems and gave you your passwords and app link for the system. Cant recommend them any higher they were a 10 out of 10. Don't waste your time with these other fly by nighter companies buy local Solar Bright will look after you.

Great communication and eay to deal with

Sales and quoting was easy and simple and well explained.
installation went great. An afternoon storm came through and unfortunately they were not able to finish the job but came back a couple of days later to complete
customer service was great and all connection was completed by Solar Bright

Trusted Installer for A Returning Customer

Thanks Jordy, Julia from SolarBright Port Macquarie for successfully arranging our Battery and also the great Team of 4 who quickly and neatly installed our Tesla Powerwall 11 Battery. It greatly compliments our Solar Panel System you arranged over 3 years ago and really sets us up for years to come

Great job allaroun by Solar Bright team

I was very happy for the whole progress. John Crawford handled the sale part very well with his practical knowledge of the system and suitability to my property and requirements.. installation was done expertly by the team of installers and they started punctually early morning and finished in the afternoon, cleaned all the rubbish after work was done. Customer service was good and helpful. Top marks from me, thanks.

Fantastic service

Solar bright was easy and smooth from start to finish, I was looked after by Johnny, Energy sales Consultant & the Port Macquarie branch he was very professional and answered all my questions, I would gladly recommend my friends and family solarbright.
Johnny also organised the app to use when it was all done.

Excellent Service

Very happy with the whole service from Solarbright, from Jordy the salesmen who gave me excellent solar advise to the guys installing the system. Very smooth process and the installers went above and beyond to get my system installed.

Solar system

Sales staff PortMacquarie(Jordy) was easy to deal with. Explained everything in layman's terms and nothing was too much effort for him.
Everything went so smoothly.
We met with Jordy, agreed to have the system installed. Julia kept us informed as to when the installers would arrive.
The installers arrived on time and were very efficient and polite. We had a bit of a language problem but they were great.

Excellent!

Very happy with the service and knowledge of solarbright port macquarie. Jorrdy was extremely helpful with all the question we had and also providing us with the best options to suit our needs. Also a very competitive price! Would definitely recommend!

MaxBreeze Solar Roof Ventilator FAST!

SolarBright installed MaxBreeze Solar Roof Ventilator in a fast efficient manner. Michael Donnelly assessed our needs, and Sam the installer took less than an hour to finish a very tidy job. The unit is very neat and sits unobtrusively on the front of the roof. I would recommend SolarBright products and services to anyone.

Excellent Company. Professional Installation.

The sales quote process was excellent. The representative came and inspected the property and explained the Solar system that they provide. Post survey question I had was quickly answered. The communication from the Sales to the Install and Post Install is very structured in keeping informed on every steps.

The Installation team was punctual and very processional. They pride on their work.

Michael Donnelly - Outstanding

Michael provided professional customer service. He was the only consultant to reach out and request a site visit where he would explain everything about solar, the benefits and how it will provide value to the house. The cost was very competitive and the installation was completed within 1 week of signing the documents. Michael even went to the trouble of calling our energy supplier to arrange the connection and streamlined the process. Very happy overall

Solar Installation

We are very happy with Solar Bright's prompt speedy service. Their installation team provided prompt, efficient service for my daughter's house, completing the job in a professional, efficient manner. We would not hesitate to recommend their service to anyone contemplating a solar installation.

Awesome Solar System .

Solar Bright and Jordy and Staff where great and installed my Solar System without a problem . They where on time and efficient . Price was good too.

Solarbright is solaright!

Jordy & Julia at Port Macquarie Solarbright provided us with extremely professional, courteous service, with our recent solar installation.
We were very impressed with the whole process & wouldn't hesitate to recommend them & their product.

SolarBright Port Macquarie

Solar Bright Port Macquarie, 5 star service from start to finish by all staff. Thank you Jordy and Julia

Best customer service.

We have had the best experience with Solarbright. Our build has gone way over time and Solarbright have been totally supportive of our situation.

Great overall experience! Highly recommend!

We had solar installed and 2 skylights by solar bright and they were amazing to deal with. Michael Donnelly was so helpful and walked us through everything. He answered all our questions and is super knowledgeable. Michael has an in depth understanding of solar and gave us lots of great recommendations on the install. The installation was smooth and Michael even followed up to make sure everything went well. Highly recommend!

Solar Bright Sales & Service

Solar Bright were easy to deal with giving all the information I needed to make an informed decision.

Fantastic from start to Finish

Outstanding service from start to finish. We contacted Marc on a recommendation from neighbours, and he was fantastic. Listened to us and outlined all of our options. The install team were fantastic and efficient, and the post install customer service was brilliant. A big shout out to Priscilla who guided me through the post installation process with the energy provider. A great team and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Home Solar-system - maximises functionality with excellent Quality

Jordy Beeckmans, our Energy Consultant for SolarBright in Port Macquarie, was an excellent Consultant with a comprehensive knowledge of every detail of our recent Solar installation. We were grateful for his support and assistance. Jordy has a pleasant, professional manner & happily adjusted his meeting-time to ‘fit-in’ with our work schedules.

Details to be considered when installing Solar were explained clearly, which was reassuring - as we asked lots of questions:) Jordy has an amazing technical knowledge of residential Solar installations, which was a bonus! Installing a 'Home Solar' which maximises functionality with excellent quality, is clearly both Jordy’s and SolarBright’s focus.

The Port Macquarie SolarBright Office organised *everything* - including connecting us to ‘the Grid’; all documentation; net-meter installation (with Origin). They were excellent!
We highly recommend Jordy Beeckmans & SolarBright in Port Macquarie for any advice, expertise or support you may require when considering installing ‘Solar’ on your own home. (ps: the SolarMan-Smart App is a bonus too?)

Great service by mark and sales team

The job went very well install team where great im a repeat customer and put trust and confidence above all else eric zanella

Great service and happy with product

Highly recommend the team at SolarBright Port Macquarie. Johnny, our sales consultant was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process and was happy to answer all our questions. The installation team were very efficient and did a great job and the admin team were highly responsive to any queries and did an excellent job following up. Great service and product!

SolarBright Solar Installation

I recently had a 13.28kW solar system installed by SolarBright. I have put off getting solar for a long time, but Jordy was patient, answered all my questions, and didn't push or rush me. He even drew up an alternate panel position plan after I said I was worried about how the next-door neighbour's house cast a shadow in Winter. He even hand-delivered the proposal! He was very knowledgeable about the technology and the different power providers.
Thank you for all your effort, Jordy. Very much appreciated.

If the service I got from Jordy were all I could base this review on, I would be a happy customer. However, the installation team were organised and efficient, cleaned up after themselves and took the time to explain how my two SoFar 5kW inverters were wired and worked together. They took care positioning the panels and did a great job.

Whenever I ring SolarBright in Port Macquarie, Julia is there fielding the calls, ensuring paperwork is complete, answering my queries, and keeping me posted on the process.

Our panels have been generating power for over a week, and I am so happy with the performance and the final cost.

Thank you, Jordy, Julia and the installation team at SolarBright Port Macquarie :)

Installers were great on time finished that day all dun

Top job great instillation, absolutely ausom results so far very happy with everything

Brilliant Solar panels install

Jordan spent time with me analysing what solar system l would need to satisfy my needs. He was honest and open in our conversations and l am very pleased with the system l had installed yesterday and the price was extremely competitive.
Charlie and his installation crew did a brilliant job under trying conditions ( scattered showers) and got the job done on time.
Julia in the office was professional and efficient in getting all my paperwork organised for me.
It has been a pleasure to deal with Solar Bright Port Macquarie and would recommend them to anyone considering a solar system

Amazing service, can not fault

Marc and his team, Lidia in the office and the installers, went above and beyond what I could have hoped for. They were on time, kept to the price and went through everything very clearly. Before doing the installation, everything was explained and the installers valued by input on the how the panels were to be laid out and the place of the inverter. The installers also were very clean and polite.
Can not thank the whole team at SolarBright for making this a very easy process.

Professional team,excellent support

Professional team of installers and reps
Best installation I have seen
Aftercare support has been amazing
Way exceeded my expectations

Solar System

Quoting process was great. Johnny came to tell me about a different product, which I also purchased. A roof vent system, solar powered. He was a true gentleman. I felt like a family member. He wasn't pushy at all. Gave me the information, answered my questions in plain English so I could understand. All the people involved were very friendly, helpful and courteous. All were punctual. Even rang to see if they could come a start a day earlier than planned, which was great.
Grid connection wasn't required as this was a replacement for a previous solar system.

Solar install

Got a few solar quotes all over the phone. Marc from solarbright was the only one to come out and give the quote in person so It was easier to go over and discuss.

As soon as I agreed installation was the next week. job was done very professionally and all cabling is hidden away in the cavity. very neatly done.

Was done for a great price and very happy with the outcome.

Excellent product and service

Easy quoting process. The installation went very well. The installation team were punctual, polite, very skillful and did a neat and tidy job. Excellent customer service, very helpful from start to finish.

Brilliant from day 1 of contact with Marc Peters from Solar Bright to installation to support/advice after installation.

From when we first met Marc Peters from SolarBright at our house, we had every confidence in proceeding. Marc was incredibly informative, efficient and professional. As we were aware of UNSW Scientia Professor Martin Green, inventor of the PERC solar cell ('passivated emiter rear contact'), and that this type of cell accounted for 91.2% of worldwide silicon solar module production in 2021, we wanted this in our solar panels and SolarBright had these with the Max Power Solar Dual Glass, N-type, Bifacial Cell panels. Our 9.13kW Solar Power System with 22 x 415W Max Power Solar Panels plus a Sungrow 8kW Three Phase Inverter are already showing, via our Smart Meter, that our investment will pay off. SolarBright installers came on the date nominated, were extremely efficient, polite and tidy! We couldn't be more impressed. After installation we received excellent follow-up from Solar Bright to seamlessly organise a grid connection. Marc contacted us after installation to ensure everything went well which we assured him was the case. We are now talking to Marc about a hot water heat pump PLUS their LED Tubular skylights to light up some dark spots in our home. Truly impressed with Marc and SolarBright. Would recommend them in every way. Thank you Marc and thank you SolarBright! (And thanks to Solarquotes where reviews of SolarBright added to our confidence in using them!)

Good service, fantastic professional installer, Great Looking job.

Sales process was professional and precise.

Installation went very well. Installers were professional, polite and punctual.

Customer service was great with good preinstallation and post installation advise and assistance.

trustworthy and reliable

Jordy at Solarbright was recommended by a friend and we're glad of this because the experience was excellent in all respects. Now we have cut our power bill in half. We especially love the isoloar app which tells us our daily power generation, usage and energy feed into the grid. So satisfying to see the savings.

Good experience overall

Helpful putting together a few quotes to suit our needs and budget. Quick turn around. Some scheduling issues but overall a clean install.

You cannot get any better than Jordy and Solar Bright

Jordy followed through on everything, even when my questions would have driven a person insane. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Jordy and this guy simply stayed in there and answered every query - fully, accurately and always truthfully. Solar Bright backed everything up and the installation was both very efficient and very quick.

We have no hesitation in recommending Jordy and Solar Bright and we believe we got the most effective solution, best panels and a working system that really delivers. From a monthly electricity around $100 we are now getting a bill of $20, and that is with a restricted daily feed in based on 3.5kw (we live in a strata complex).

The Right Choice

Kudos to Jordy Beeckmans and the team (Julia) from Solar Bright Port Macquarie for making our solar installation a smooth experience. Jordy is very professional and offers a high level of customer service. Everything was very well explained and the solution offered was tailored to our needs. Installer Mike and his crew were very professional and helpful on the day of installation. It took less than 4 weeks from ordering to installation. I highly recommend Solar Bright Port Macquarie when considering Solar.

Exceptional Customer Service for Solar Installation

We are so glad we chose Solar Bright Port Macquarie. Jordy did everything! He went far and beyond to provide me all the information I required to make an informed choice on the right solar for our new home. We have not yet moved into our house but because of how organised, efficient and thorough Jordy and Julia are at their jobs we have solar completely installed, working and already feeding back to the grid before handover! If thats not impressive I don't know what is. Exceptional customer service, friendly and great price. If I could give Solar Bright Port Macquarie more stars on this review I surely would. Thank you so much Jordy, Julia and the Solar Bright Team.

Very happy with Customer Service, Solar Panels are Installation

Marc Peter’s came to our home and gave us a quote we were very happy with. He organised the installation of the panels last Friday the 4th November and also the dismantle and take away of 7 panels where we had installed years ago. Marc was recommended to us by my sister who recently also had 17 panels installed and she was referred to Marc by her Daughter and Son in Law who had 17 panels installed. They did all the leg work and research in finding the right company to deal with. We all found Marc very friendly, approachable, professional and knowledgeable.
The day of installation the installers were on time, polite, they dismantled and took away our old panels and left our premises tidy.
We would not hesitate to recommend Marc and SolarBright to others. Thank you

Great solar

Daniel was very professional and was very good at explaining the pros and cons of solar and helped me to decide on which system would be most suitable, nothing was a problem for him he answered all my questions. I found their quote to be fair and reasonable.
The installers were on time were quick and efficient in installing my system, they left the work site clean and tidy and were happy to explain how the system worked.
Daniel organised the grid connection for me which I appreciated him doing. I would highly recommend this company for solar purchase and installation.

Great job

Jody of port macquarie solarbright was very professional to deal with, very responsive to any questions we had and ensured the whole process went smoothly
The installation also went well and was completed on the day we had agreed
Jody continued to support/assist us after installation with the grid connection.
Very happy with the whole process

Top quality and service

Jordy and his team at Port Macquarie Solar bright were very easy to deal with. Jordy was the only one who visited the house and explained the whole process. He and his team provided a couple of options, we also asked him for a quote on a particular system I wanted. The price was slight higher then another but we proceed based on his and his team
experience demonstrated (plus local reviews).

Installation happened on the day agreed by a certified solar installer (Mike). Who was professional and very good at explaining the process on the day.

Since the system has been running a few issues with the wifi dongle have occurred due to NBN outages, Jordy was quick to respond and resolve the issue.

We also set up consumption monitoring which I would recommend to anyone installing solar. It has helped track cost and ensure we are on the most competitive energy plans.

Thank you Jordy and the team at Solar bright Port Macquarie

Very happy with our decision.

I had my Solar installed by Solar Bright Port Macquarie, and I have to say from start to finish, it was a very pleasant experience, Jordy Beeckmans was a pleasure to deal with. He listened to our requirements, was happy to accommodate changes, and also flexible in having to rebook install to suit our situation. The installers were on time, professional, and left the site as they found it, and the price for the product was very comparative.

Amazing from start to finish

Joe from Solar Bright was amazing throughout out entire solar journey.

An incentive was offered by SolarBright for this review. Learn more here.

Satisfied

From wisiting the solarbright showroom to installation can’t say one negative thing

Original Review on 02-01-2022:

They Turn Up

The Salesman turned up at my gate. Didn't waste any time emailing back and forth and carrying on.
Sorted out different scenarios on his laptop at my kitchen table over a cup of coffee.
Didn't try to put us into a bigger system and proved on his computer program panels on the west were only a marginal improvement and not really worth the extra expense.
He also sold me a solar driven air whirly bird exhaust fan for the roof. Which means now we don't really need to put the air con on until the temp gets to about 31 degrees.
The install went ahead on the date programmed in and they helped in getting Origin to change the meters over to a new smart meter a couple of weeks later.

8 months later we asked Kingsley: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is fine despite cloudy and rainy days for most of the last year. The lousy 5c /kwh feed-in rebate leaves a lot to be desired. There are better feed-in offers around but there are too many if and buts to work out if they are having a lend of you or not. Then you check out their reviews and find they are a rubbish company to deal with. My bills are now $500 a qtr down from $800+, so a payback in 4 years is not too bad.

Thanks SolarBright

Great service from initial enquiry to installation and after sales follow-up. System is working very well despite cool, cloudy weather.

Easy and straight forward process

From quoting to installation was simple and straight forward.
Installation team was professional, punctual and on time.
From my good experience, I do recommend SolarBright.