SolarBright

SolarBright Reviews

SolarBright is 100% Australian owned family business supplying a range of world class energy saving products which have helped thousands of families and businesses save substantial amounts of money off their power bills.

We are solar panel installation and solar battery experts, providing high quality solar panel systems for residential and commercial solar customers who want to save money by using solar energy.

Our aim is to bring the best solar system technology, such LG solar panels, SMA, Solar Edge inverters and Tesla PowerWall batteries, to market at the best possible prices for the advantage of our customers.

SolarBright is one of the largest solar panel installers in Sydney, and we also install solar systems across regional NSW from our company owned and purpose-built facility in Prestons and Port Macquarie branch.

Our MaxLight energy rated skylights and MaxBreeze solar roof ventilators are available from distributors across Australia and New Zealand.

Reviewers report paying: $3,600 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SolarBright Reviews (140)

Great solar system at the right price

Sales rep was prompt and came straight out and did a site inspection. Gave a middle range price. Didn’t try to upswell with things I didn’t need. Installers were on time did a great job. No mess no fuss. I have a terracotta tiled roof so I was concerned about breakages. Didn’t break a single tile. After sales customer service has been good. System is working well so far.

Installation Success

Solar Bright and their installers are highly professional and very efficient. They were easy to work with and took all the hard work out of it for me. They kept me informed in the whole process and their product is superior to any others I looked at on the market. They walked me through my options and helped me to be fully informed about the short and long term gains of using Solar. There was absolutely no pressure at all.
Thank you Solar Bright…I am extremely happy with both your professional services and the product.

Solar Bright professional and prompt

Solar Bright was the third quote we got, as after doing our research through Solar Quotes we wanted a quote on LG panels and they are the only authorised installer in our area. The salesman attended our premises and provided a detailed quote and then came around to answer our questions. We accepted the quote and the installation took place about 10 days later. The tradesman arrived on time and very friendly and efficient. Poor weather meant that the installation was completed over 3 days. The company provided us with instructions and the relevant paperwork to email our electricity provider. It was a little disappointing that they didn’t organise the grid connection, as 1 of the other companies did provide a recommendation for the best provider to go with and organise the grid connection. It was also disappointing that the grid connection is is not occurring until nearly 4 weeks after installation.

10KW SolarEdge Installation through SolarBright

Only company to have a technical specialist who I could discuss matters with. They offered a choice of 3 types of solar panel (cheap chinese, mid-price Korean and more expensive LG). They also offered a cheap chinese inverter, and a slightly more expensive one but were also willing to supply other inverters. Additionally, the location of the solar panels and the inverter were discussed and agreed before the installation.

The installation was outsourced to another company but the installation team were punctual. I had to interfere and stop the installation prior to the panels being placed on the roof as I realised that they were setting up not to the agreed layout. After a short discussion, they agreed to install according to the plan. They also cracked end of some tiles but luckily I had spares and the installation team replaced the broken ones on the roof.

Customer service follow-up after installation was good and they provided all the necessary paperwork for grid connection.

Great communication and professional service

Great experience from beginning to end. Had a really comprehensive quote developed after a discussion about our situation which included a range of products so we could make an informed choice. Really prompt and professional communication. Install team were really friendly and helpful. They took the time to give a demo and set up the app for us to track our system. The process of getting everything setup was really easy, forms were pre filled for us so we just had to follow the prompts. Good follow-up from the team to check all was working well. Would definitely recommend, very positive experience.

Original Review on 21-11-2020:

friendly & efficient service

We had a lot of quotes- some were VERY expensive, some were way TOO cheap.
Solar Bright came in @ a reasonable price with, importantly, Australian warranties.
Installation was prompt, efficient & friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.

8 months later we asked Lesley: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great Job

I would highly recommend Jordy Beeckmans and Solar Bright Port Macquarie after the installation of new solar panels and converter to my residence in Old Bar NSW. Communications throughout the whole process from planning to installation was great and they helped me find the energy provider with the best solar feed in tariff. My system has been up and running now for about 6 months and has lowered my electricity bill considerably, in fact I was in credit during summer months.

Great Service & Products

I highly recommend the team from SolarBright, a company that has a local office in the Port Macquarie area. We recently had our old solar system replaced with a 6.6kw system. Jordy and the team provided an excellent service, advised on a range of options for different price points. We selected a 6.6kw system with good warranty and good value. The installation was completed quickly (within a couple of weeks of giving the go ahead) and the installers did a great job. I was particularly impressed that the installers identified a number of cracked roof tiles and replaced them from spares I had stored next to the house. Highly recommended!

Super happy customers!

Last year we decided to put solar on our house. Since solar is a long term investment we wanted only great performing products with outstanding warranties.

SolarBright Port Macquarie helped us achieve this. We got the LG Neon panels and SolarEdge inverter with optimisers for maximum output. The advise we got from Jordy was great. Every question got answered and none of the pushy sales tactics. Sales process, installation and after sales were all perfect! Would definitely recommend.

Thanks SolarBright!

Great experience with SolarBright

Thanks SolarBright!

Such good service..

Solar done right!
How to start a solar journey? There are so many ads, so many pushy out of town companies. It seemed all very confusing at the start but then we contacted SolarBright Port Macquarie. There is a reason why we stayed local. Local companies tend to go over and above and can give you good after sales service. Jordy and SolarBright Port Macquarie definitely met our expectations! We got our solar installed last year and Jordy helped us understand and decide which system to go with. He didn’t try to push the most expensive products onto us but analysed our electricity bills and listened to our needs. By the time we decided on our system, we felt like we knew everything about solar that we should know! Kylie from the office booked the installation date with us. The installers arrived when they said they would, were extremely polite, did a great job and left everything very clean. It was such an easy process!! Months later when we showed our electricity bill to Jordy (it went down massively), he gave us some extra advice on the best electricity deals around and since then the bill went down even more! Recently we recommended SolarBright to family and unexpectedly we got a $100 referral fee from SolarBright.

Fantastic Company

By Peter Roods 8/7/2021
After getting the run around with some other companies with no result we decided to shop local. We contacted Solar Bright and within two days we had a consultant at our doorsteps with a bundle of information and no pressure to sign-up.

Jordy and the rest of the Solar Bright team were fantastic to deal with and Professional Quality installers did a excellent job installing our panels and inverter.

A special mention to Jordy for going out of his way to help my father-in-law sort out his solar system purchased from Arise which he was having trouble with and no after sale service.

We strongly recommend Solar Bright, they are the team to get if you need solar. Thanks again

Quality Solar Mud North Coast

Solar Bright made the whole process extremely easy. Great service and extremely helpful in assisting with technical side post installation. Great customer service even after system was commissioned.

Great company to deal with.

From the first phone call, it was clear there would be no crap here.
Jordy advised me of what would best suit our needs. It was the same as what my research showed.
Josh the installer was fantastic. Punctual and neat. Worked around a few obstacles without a problem.
Highly recommend!

A skyful of benefits

I have waited for a good period of time to pass so I can write a full review of my installation using SolarBright. The system was installed back in Feb 2020. It is now June 2021 and we have ben through several full periods to compare retail charges and technical results.

I dealt specifically with Kevin Little at Solar Bright who was patience personified. I had actually already committed to making the purchase a year earlier but chickened out. Despite having put him through the 3rd degree, I wanted to wait til the system some friends had installed with Solar Bright had run for a while.

He was an engineer but even that wasn't enough for me.

So we ended up with 6.6kW system - 20 x 330w Seraphim panels and a Solax 5kW inverter. Cost: $4399.

Yes - I have heard everything about Chinese v European panels and these are excellent...

We live in Mollymook and so I was particularly concerned about installation and follow up service. It all went well although we waited a little longer perhaps than you may in the city but I knew in advance when they were coming and all was well.

As you can imagine, I certainly also looked at many local providers because I did want to support local if I could. To be frank those I dealt with were not always able to answer questions to my satisfaction and were without exception around a $1000 more expensive.

Often there were sweeteners in there like systems to allow me to measure how much power I was saving or the sales line that xyz was a better panel, (without being able to quantify the difference) or that they would monitor the system for us . But I think in the end a lot of it came down to the fact that they were all buying stock in smaller quantities so the unit price was more.

Solar Bright imports the stock in significant quantities so there can be a significant price difference.

We did have one issue with a gutter that was dislodged and, while the jury is out as to whether it was an effect of the installation SolarBright offered to pay for the fix. After the fires the gutter was also super heavy with ash and debris and there was a lot of rain so it could have been that too. But my point is their response.

Having said that, I did find sometimes the admin side of the company lacked. It could be that I needed more being regional or I am just a demanding client but I did have a couple of occasions when I had to chase down some information once I had finished dealing with Kevin. But these were minor things.

In the end, the system has worked flawlessly every day since then.

Although we were receiving benefit from almost day 1 (after the final installation admin was completed) it was difficult to get a full comparison with previous years as we had changed retailers and also been away so used less power.

However, between July & October 2019 and 2020, the bill halved from $474 to $210 with approximately the same usage. A little more, in fact in 2020.

The two bills since then in 2020 and 21 covering the warmer weather have both delivered credits of $84 and $118 respectively.

Costs? Not only the Solar but also as we had an old switchboard and both the units in our blocked shared one fuse there was extra electrical work.

Still worth it? Absolutely....

Original Review on 07-09-2020:

Installers did fantastic job with the very challenging weather. They cleaned up after themselves and explained everything.

Quoting process went smootly. The sales person gave me the price what sounds realistic, not overpriced.

Installation went as promised, they cleaned up after themselves, struggelled with the very strong wind to get the panels up. In one stage they said, we coming back tomorrow to finalize the job as it became dangerous. But after a little consideration, they still managed to finish the job.

The solar panels doing their job, as I see them from the app from my mobil phone. Sales person Daniel spoke to my Energy provider to get electricity meter changed, that is all done now and hope is connected to the grid. I spoke to my Energy provider, they gave me new plan for Solar Energy, but that is not the best. Will look around for better deals.

9 months later we asked Merike: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes it is. So far I am happy.

Top service at Solar Bright!

The addition of solar panels to my new home was made easy with the assistance and advice from Jordy at Solar Bright. He provided me with all the information and guidance I needed and I couldn’t be happier! I can highly recommend Jordy’s service, both before and after sales.

Original Review on 10-07-2020:

Not installed yet

Knowledgeable, confident in their product. Able to quote without site visit. They appear to have long industry experience and a large number of installs per year. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great investment, my power bills were between $500 and $1100 before solar now they are between $40 and $50. Looks like they will pay for themselves in the first 2 or 3 years(10 year performance warranty)
I might do my daughter’s house also.

Great Service & Installation

The sales rep Jordy was extremely knowledgeable but wasn't pushy whatsoever. His after-sales service was awesome, particularly when I was having some trouble with the app. The installers were very professional and also installed a skylight for us which works great. I would easily recommend Solarbright Port Macquarie to anyone.

Great quality customer service

The Sale quoting person Fred Trim had excellent customer service and know hes product that he was selling to me , well done a pleasure to do business with you Fred.

The installation needs to have customer service training. I pointed out to the place were Fred and I had agreed was the best place to put the skylight. I was told that he needed a scaffold to install it there, and then showed me were he thought it should go, I respectfully disagreed and then was told by the installer that he would not install the skylight then proceed to walk down the stares.

I must admit I was a little taken back with hes reaction and asked him to show me again were we could agree on.

We finally agree and he finished the job.

Quality Service

The process from start to finish was personable and easy to follow and understand. Jordy was our point of contact and his response to questions and enquiries was knowledgably and always prompt. I found that his knowledge of the local area was really important and his communication was excellent.

We are getting great results with the product we purchased and highly recommend dealing with locals. I like the fact that if something goes wrong I can look somebody in the eye and get accountability.

More than happy to recommend SolarBright Port Macquarie for your needs.

Great installation

After considering solar installation for some time, we decided to go with SolarBright Port Macquarie. It has been a very good decision. Our consultant was Jordy Beckmans and we found him to be very professional and supportive at every facet of the job. He ensured that we understood the product and the technicalities involved. The installers did an excellent job and the system is working really well. We are amazed at the amount of power we are producing which will obviously translate to significant savings to our electricity bills. We are very happy with our choice of SolarBright and can highly recommend Jordy and this company

Sola Bright Port Macquarie

We dealt with Jordy Beekman in the Port Macquarie office. He was very professional and outlined everything. Installation was done quickly but had to come back to do the skylight as they ran out of time. Found the App convoluted and very unfriendly for the user. Had to ring for a receipt as they had taken my email address down incorrectly. I would definitely seek out Jordy Beekman again.

Great service from start to finish

Great customer service from quote to following up after installation. Installation team were very thorough to make sure we were conversant with new system.

Quality work and product

The entire process was was hassle free. How the system worked was fully and clearly explained.

Everything happened on time and there were no unexpected delays.
Great service from a top team. Would recommend SolarBright

Great bang for your buck

We had an extremely pleasant experience with Jordy from solarbright.
He gave us multiple options and wasn’t pushy at all in the decision making. Told us all our finance options we could do and are actually making money out of the system. I would recommend solar bright and Jordy every day!

A Professional Installation, great system

I had the SolarBright 6,6kw system installed in October 2020 and thought I would wait to see how it performed over time.

The system was professionally installed. The installation team were very courteous, careful and left the site in a very clean and tidy state. They turned up when they said they would and did a great job. It took the best part of the day and I am happy it wasn't a rushed job.

The customer service was great and the Sales Consultant, Fred, was very attentive to our needs.

Was it worth the cost? Well, I thought I would wait until I got my 1st bill to see if the claimed savings were real or a sell job. Although I am entitled to a rebate on the daily connection charge, my last Electricity Bill showed a CREDIT for over $70 for the quarter! Am I happy, you bet.

Going Solar

We visited showroom at Prestons, and checked out the various options. Then discussed with Fred the rep who was most helpful. He came out next day and did quote.

Installation about 2 weeks later with Sub-Contractors. All went well and connected to the grid and the app. Very punctual.

Customer Service has been great; During quotation, installation and Post installation.

Fantastic to deal with from start to finish and heaps of help along the way

Sales was excellent and well explained on how it will all work out for us
Install was brilliant with no problems and shown how it works and what to do if a problem occurs. Very clean and neat job .
We were connected to the grid and working on completion of the install. I only had to ring up my provider and get connected via the smart meter.
Very happy with Solar Bright from start to finish.

Fantastic from Start to Finish!

Everyone was spot on. Sales rep, installer and customer service was just amazing. It helps speaking with a local team here in Australia as well as speaking with a sales rep who skips the sales jargon.

Satisfied customer

Happy with the quoting process. workmen on time and professional. Clean and tidy job. Company rep attended house after installation and assisted with grid connection and wifi setup.

Very professional company to deal with

Local sales rep (Tamworth NSW) arranged everything and on time.
Install team arrived at the advised time, completed the work in 4 hours, even took the time to assist in downloading the App and completed the setup.
Prompt response when queried about the need for a MPD (meter protection device) fuse to upgrade our meter box.
Overall very happy to recommend SolarBright.

Solar bright

Best service, company had great knowledge of what I was looking for & it suited me needs

Great To Deal With

Process from initial call, to quote and installation was a pleasure.
Everybody involved was so pleasant to deal with. Jordy took us through everything from the start and has been with us even after the money was paid! The 6.6 kWh Unit looks great and works very well, even in early Spring.
We look forward to many years of reliable service from this unit and back up if needed from Jordy and SolarBright Port Macquarie.

No fuss

No fuss process and professional from the beginning. Solar Bright were available every step of the way and communication was key. Installation was very punctual, extremely tidy and mannerly.

Solar Bright PV installation.

I found Jordy of Solar Bright very helpful and easy to deal with when quoting me on a new 6.6 KW PV system for my residence. His price was very competitive and the installation was carried out punctually and efficiently as originally promised.
Since installation I have had cost savings from my electricity bills and any questions have been answered quickly and concisely by Jordy. Quite happy to recommend Solar Bright for PV installation.
Ian

Value for money and a great service

After doing some research, we decided to go "solar" and to get a quote from an established reliable supplier, preferably close to Port Macquarie.
SolarBright ticked all the boxes and we received good honest consultation from Jordy Beeckmans.
We picked the 6.6KW Solar Power System with 20x 330W-JA panels and Sungrow inverter.
Everything was conducted very professionally and to our full satisfaction.
We are very happy with the system, the achieved cost savings and the performance of the SolarBright Team.

Fantastic job from Jordy and SolarBright. We are very happy with everything from negotiating with Jordy on what panels and inverter would best suit us. The installers, that were quick and efficient.

We highly recommend Jordy and the SolarBright team.
From the start, negotiating with Jordy on the system that best suited us.
Installation was quick and efficient, even installed the app on my phone and showed me how it works.
We couldn't be happier.

Exceptional service, knowledgeable & easy experience

Jordy from Solar Bright arrived a few hours after I rang for a quote. He explained the whole process more simply than any of the other companies, was super on the ball with corresponding any of my follow up questions & wasn’t over pushy like others. Local company in Port Macquarie was also a big selling point in case anything ever goes wrong. Installers were prompt, helpful & system is running beautifully. Solar is a no brainer! I recommend Jordy & the Solar Bright team. Luke

Exactly what I wanted

Jordy did a great job with the quote and explaining the design and performance of the system. All the necessary paperwork was organised by SolarBright. Installation went to plan with no problems. A very easy company to deal with and nothing was a problem to them. Highly recommended.

Top notch Installation of a Top Quality System

I chose SolarBright on the back of five good mates choosing the company to install their systems. Three of those mates are fastidious researchers hen choosing a product to purchase. I too like to "check out"a product closely before determining who & what to go with. SolarBright ticked all the boxes:
*Very personable & non-pushy Sales process through Jordy Beeckmans; * Top-notch Seraphim Panels & a quality Sungrow Inverter. *Confidence in a well established 12yr old local Port Macquarie business that would back it's Warranty if required.* A no hitch punctual, thoroughly professional & flawless installation process by two experienced men.* Grid & iSolar App Connection was completed on the day.*Satisfaction knowing that SolarBright will back up their Warranty process if it was ever needed. 6.6kW system has produced several days lately above 34kW of power & we are still in Winter. My verdict is that this system is working superbly !!!

Shopped around and pleased I went with them

Nice people, polite installers who did a great job. Very happy.

Fantastic company and product

Solar Bright in Port Macquarie is the place to go.
Their products, recommendations, sales and installation are all outstanding.
We were impressed with Jordy as he is a decent man who genuinely wants to help you and is not pushy. You only have to pay a small fee up front
and the rest flows smoothly. The installation team were professional in every way.
Solar Bright have been in this business for a long time, so you know they will be there for you.
I’d suggest that you go directly with Jordy at Solarbright, Port Macquarie and leave out the middleman

good trustworthy people

Jordy in sales could not be more helpful, extremely good bloke.

Highly recommended

From start to finish everyone did there job friendly & efficiently. Every process was fully explained.

Original Review on 19-12-2019:

Good communication and efficient process

The sales person was a good communicator who listened to what I had to say, provided sound advice and was prepared to negotiate a price that was fair to both of us. The installation occurred efficiently on the booked date and the monitoring app installed on my PC and explained to me. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Unfortunately I am unable to obtained the data from the system or electricity provider to determine what my consumption is from the system. At best I can only estimate a daily average over year, then make calculations based on the import from and export to the grid. Having said that, it appears that the estimated average daily energy output per month that was provided in the quote for the system from SolarBright is being met or exceeded slightly.

I would recommend the system and SolarBright for value and quality.

So far so good. Customer service was excellent.

Kevin was extremely helpful in answering the many questions I threw at him.

Installation went smoothly and looks to have been done to a high standard. There was an issue with the way the Solar Analytics device was wired up which gave some very strange data but this was rectified a couple of days later.

Excellent service

Jordy was great and super easy to deal with
Highly recommended

Was a pleasure to deal with them

Quick and clean instalation and after sales service was great