Sunboost

Sunboost Reviews

3.4

Based on 221 ratings  - Aus Ranking

SunBoost is a large solar retailer that operates across Australia.

Reviewers report paying: $2,900 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunboost Reviews (221)

Huawei

Sunboost cheap and nasty

Delayed installation. 3 months after taking deposit. Poor installation process with no design for layout. Over a month of investigation with myself doing all the leg work. Discovered that austgrid supply was 262 volts and inverters would shutdown as a safe guard. Many hours of the phone to Huawei support in Romania. New parameters were set to safe guard system. AGL plan was a rip off almost tripled the usage rate from 21c to 56c... have since changed to red energy with competitive usage rate and export tarriff. Still not sure about the savings made via solar. It will probably take 3 yrs to recoup the expense of the installation.
Hide Arthur 's Comment

Good installation

I only used another company based on the fact that my sister was supplied by Sunbboost 1 year before and she was very happy.
Hide Peter's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great price, poor service, good installation and quality product that's working well.

System cost was around $1,500 less than best of all quotes. Mostly poor service, good installers and quality product.
Hide Sam's Comment

Avoid At All Costs

This company sends unqualified installers out, who cause endless damage to your property, use second hand parts and modify parts that don’t fit causing huge fire risk.

This company installed a system at my house so poorly, that it did not meet standards, caused over $6000 worth of damage to my house, used modified plugs that were a fire risk and in the end the whole system had to be removed and reinstated correctly.

To date I have still not been compensated (system installed in January).
I have had over 100+ telephone calls with this company, in which their staff are rude, arrogant, talk over the top of you, promise to call back and never do, laugh at me when I am telling them about the damage and outright refuse to help.

I had water pouring through lights and they refused to call their insurance company and told me I had to wait days for their unqualified installer to return and “look” (not repair) any damage.
I ended up organising all repairs myself due to their incompetence.

Their call centre is clearly overseas and staff are not at all trained in customer service at all.

I took days off work for installers to show up 8+ hours late or not at all!

I have no idea how this company is still in business!

BEWARE!! Do not use, go elsewhere!

Company will be reported for their workmanship and conduct.

Hide Lucy's Comment

Sungrow

Original Review on 07-07-2020:

The constant updates on the whole process of paperwork, panel location, inverter location ,cable positioning etc, was excellent. The whole team were well led and professional in their work. I had a minor hiccup with a technical issue which was resolved with one phone call as well as an explanatory email.

Follow Up Review on 07-03-2021:

The Sunboost App gives me hourly, daily, monthly and yearly updates on the performance of the system which concur with my providers bill. Any contact I’ve had with Sunboost to explain their App, has been more than helpful.
Hide Rod 's Comment

Satisfied for the price

I was referred to Sunboost by a friend. The price being much less than I expected I was keen to join the solar club and start saving on my energy bills. The system I was offered consisted of 2 Solis 5kW inverters with Wifi monitoring and 36 Trina 370W panels providing 13.3kW.
When I asked why the mismatch between inverters (10kW) and panels (13.3kW) they didn't really explain it properly. Nor could they explain why the energy retailer would only approve 5kW export when their website says up to 10kW. I eventually got simple answers independently but feel that Sunboost should have been able to explain these matters properly.
However the price was very good. Installation was one week ago and I am satisfied with the standard of the work. The panels are securely attached to my metal roof, cabling is neat, well tied and entry points to the roof well sealed using rubber boots and silicone. Inverter installation too is very neat and professional and the system appears to be performing nicely producing 82kWh on the best days so far.
I joined some FB solar groups and was a bit dismayed to read some very negative comments about not only Sunboost but the brand of inverter and panels. I can understand that being a low cost, high volume outfit that quotes without site inspection and subs the work out to contractors, there can be problems.In my case however it was a straightforward installation all on one north-facing roof plane and I had no issues with the contractors or the standard of work. Maybe I was just lucky, or the contractors in my area are better than elsewhere.. who knows?
In regard to Solis, as much as the snobs on the FB forums seem to hate them, they are still listed as a tier 1 on this very website, and while certainly there are more premium brands on the market we don't all drive Mercedes and BMW do we? The things didn't burst into flames on power-up as comments would have one believe, and until they let me down I am perfectly happy with them, and the same goes for the Trina panels. For $7200 I have a 13.3kW DC / 10kW AC system that is doing everything it's supposed to vs a better system I wouldn't have been able to afford.
So would I recommend Sunboost? Based on price and MY personal experience, yes.
Hide Bruce's Comment

Original Review on 28-06-2020:

Very efficient

Quote was competitive for the string system, your preferred businesses only wanted to push the micro inverter systems, yes they are better, couldn’t justify the additional 10 - 12 K.
Installation quick, high quality workmanship

Follow Up Review on 26-02-2021:

At this point in time, the system has exceeded my expectations, should have done it years ago
Hide Anthony's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good value for money, very good subcontractor for installation

Installed August 2020.
Sales and quoting was all quick and easy.
Subcontractors for the install were prompt and efficient and very tidy. They picked up a wiring problem in the roof and advised me so I could get it attended to before any problems arose.

Six month in now and I am getting good efficiency and have had no problems with the equipment or installation.

So far very happy with my purchase that was much better value for money than the one on a previous home
Hide Richard's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good to deal, with good communication, turned up on time

Good beat other quoted prices for similar systems
Installation was punctual and did a neat job
Hide Kel's Comment

Great all round

I received a really good deal and all the information I needed to make an informed decision. I was keep up to date with the proceedings.
The installation was most professional. No inconveniences or disruptions to me and I was kept informed as the installation proceeded and the installers were most courteous with their dealings with me.
Could not be happier with the whole process.
Hide Garry's Comment

Hanwha Q-Cells

Good Deal

Really good deal on Qcell panels with fronius. Cheaper than other quotes.
Hide Syed's Comment

Solis (Other)

Original Review on 27-05-2020:

Great install

Great price for a great system. Very helpful and knowledgeable salesman.
Install was done very professionally, in the timeframe promised.
Top customer supprt helped me set up the wireless monitoring system.
Very pleased and would recomment Sunboost to anyone.

Follow Up Review on 24-01-2021:

Has put us in credit with the electricity company, what more do you want. Money saved will pay the gas bill! Result.
Hide Robert's Comment

Cost

Good service. Happy with everything.

Quoting and sales were great.
The installation was great, no problems

They were polite and tidy, didn’t leave a mess and came on time. Very punctual.

Customer service was great. They organised the grid connections. No problem so far with the system.
Hide Lucas's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great installers. Great communication. Great deal.

Ive upgraded my system twice and git charged only for one upgrade. Ive been the most demanding customer and yhey patiently dealt with me and my very specific requests and questions. After sales customer service were tops. The sub contractors they used were fantastic and professional explaing all my silly questions to a T. Would recommend all parties involved.
Hide Lindie's Comment

Cost

Good product and easy install. They used a local company to install and they were fantastic.

Easy install as I needed a lot of help and advice. Happy with the end product.
Hide Donna's Comment

Cutting corners on installation

Cables ran through the rib of roof line not to building code lucky no one got killed now i have to pay get fixed for they're incorrect and crap install. How does that work? Lucky i'm not dead.
Hide Damien's Comment

I do not know (Other)

Inverter Brand

Just a professional installer with reasonable prices.

Via the phone and confirmed via email.
No mess
Tes a bit helpful
Hide Vass's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good System, inflexible with any changes to the standard cookie cutter solution

Simple 13.3kw system
Great price
Team showed up on time
Professional installation team, spent time talking through where they were installing.
They cleaned up ALL of there means when they finished (very impressed)
Polite and courteous
Sales process was very pushy, constant follow up by the rep daily.

Hide Dennis's Comment

Great Solar System for the money

Installed a 6.6kw 20 x 330w Astronergy panels and Solis 3 phase inverter in April 2020 and has been working flawlessly since. I'm in Sydney and now in Summer seeing upto 46kw on a mid 30 degree day.

I paid an extra $200 to get a 10 year warranty on the inverter. Neighbour paid nearly twice as much with exact same panels and size but with a European inverter and is getting the same power generated as my Sunboost system.

Would certainly recommend Sunboost.

Inverter Brand

Satisfied now waiting for electricity bill !!!

Sales quoting was ok once the right requirements/information was confirmed
Installation went well did take most of the day
They were polite tidy etc although I was a bit concerned I wanted my inverter in garage but unfortunately couldn't do it due to double storey slab so it got installed on the side wall on the outside of the home
Yes they did organise the grid connection
I was a bit nervous about the deal as it was much cheaper than the other quotes and I didn't know who was going to installed it (if it was a registered technician)
But my hubby assured me all was doubled checked by him and so finally I gave in lol

Hide Carmel's Comment

Inverter Brand

The price was a big motivator for me even though the system and the panel rating was ok not at the too but not at the bottom either.

Not completed as yet but I am in constant contact with them... Just waiting on them to be in my area.
Customer service over all was not pushy and answered all of my question.
6.6 solar for 3600 in my area is great value.
Hide Paul's Comment

$8,000 to $10,000

ABB

Don’t do it

The stress this company has put me through. They ruined our roof. Got a new roof. Did everything to ensure the panels did not compromise the new roof. Screws through the ceiling. Now there’s been 3 fires in a very small town from solar panels. Don’t bother.
Hide Natalie's Comment

Inverter Brand

Bought 6.6kw Solar system with Solis 5kw inverter. during October it was generating 30 to 35kw on a normal day and 10kw on a rainy day. Experience with Sunboost is excellent. Sunboost pre-sales, technical and care team are 2nd to none.
Hide Fazley's Comment

Proactive Sales Person and Great Installation

Sunboost were very proactive in providing information during the sales process as well as following up on me making a decision.
The guys from the installation company Darren Hall Electrical were punctual, friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and very tidy. Everything including the web based monitoring application worked perfectly when they left.

Hide Mike's Comment

Suntech

AGL Energy Limited

great installers

turned up on time worked in the rain to finish .great company
Hide Phillip's Comment

Autarco

Power House

The company were very professional quick with my answers and completed the job to a very high standard
Hide George's Comment

Cost

Astroenergy 330 watt (Other)

Solis (Other)

Original Review on 27-02-2020:

Dealt with Nathan from Sunboost, he was very efficient he said it wold take 10 weeks to install.

Follow Up Review on 03-11-2020:

Yes. My solar production. Do today was 40-3. kW with a Little bit of cloud around
Hide Stan's Comment

Phono

No problems

We cannot fault Sunboost in any way! Great deal, Professional Installation, No charge for upgrading meter box etc. Highly recommend them.
Hide Deb's Comment

Inverter Brand

They charge you extra once on site.

Charge for 'slippery' roof: $200 Charge for extra cabling: $600: charge for wifi monitoring: $400

They were unable to communicate in english or setup correctly, and referred to higher ups on the phone, who was themselves a sub-contractor. Better off getting someone who actually visits on site, not just sells from a call centre. Would not recommend.

Hide Sean's Comment

Good value for money

Good value for money. The job was done quickly and expertly, you couldn't fault any of that part of the job. On top of that the panels and inverter are all putting out power and hopefully saving me money.
My only problem was the the overservice at the beginning. It was non-stop phonecalls from sunboost. Suggested that I find my own electrician for the extended work, And when I did they said they could do it cheaper than the local, they even rang the local electrician to encourage him to bill them rather than me after the electrician had given me a quote. For a small extra part of the job I let them have their way and the electrician billed it out to sunburst. I was told that they usually charge some of those other companies a little bit more as they so slow at paying the electricians. I was told the figure he quoted them and then on top of that Sunboost added little extra to me to help line the pot.
My only real beef with Sunboost was that I was asked if I would willing to write a testimonial about them. I agreed to this because I thought they were worth it. I was sent a testimonial to fill out which was almost impossible to understand. I couldn't see where to fill in the testimonial but it did have the word submit so I did just that thinking it would come back to me with an area to be filled in.
Shortly after that a testimony was up, attributed to me, on their website saying how wonderful I thought they were and how fantastic the particular people, who they named, did such a wonderful job. Five stars and it was a testimonial that was totally overboard. But in reply they did say how wonderful it was of me me to say these things about them.
You lose faith in testimonials, Particularly those of a five-star value.
Hide John's Comment

Akasol

Battery Brand

Sunboost solar rip you off

Purchased 6.6 kw system listened to installers advice to have panels placed on garage roof
Price quoted $1000 total above original costs
Had to go to council for approval of tilt frame instal $280
Approved and contacted installer no reply contacted Sunboost 5 weeks later
3 days later yes we can install for extra $400 for tilt frames
I commented I was quoted for full install $1000 for which $500 was paid to installer
They insisted $400 to Sunboost direct other $500 to installer but at first install it was verbally agreed frames were to be provided free of charge
DO NOT TRUST UNLESS IN WRITING THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

Panel came off roof

Dodgy installation panel came off roof I copped the bill don’t sign with them bad service. Barr them.
Hide Matthew's Comment

Cost

Disgusting, blackmail, no response.

OK, 3 weeks since the installers started the job and then walked off, blackmailing us with a surcharge of $1200 to finish the job.
After calling Sunboost today, imagine my surprise, when just by coincidence Sunboost Adelaide calls me, telling me he will ring the installers and get right back to me with a date they will be back to finish the install. Now 3.30pm and not a whimper from him.
Will never ever use sunboost again, will give them nothing but bad reviews and never recommend them to anyone.
In fact a call to the Fair Trades Ombudsman is going to happen if I dont get a call back today.
Hide Terry's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service, Did what they said they would do and when they would do it. Not much info on how to lead app and connect to system.

Fairly painless process. Everything went well. Would have loved more info/direction on connecting the app and getting info from it. They arranged grid connection after install.

SMA

Inverter Brand

Don’t be sucked into their “special deal just for you.

My parents and brother purchases systems through Sunboost and due to the good value I asked for a quote for a single phase system. I only have a small house and am a single parent of 2 young children. I agreed to the quote and paid the deposit in November 2019. No one from the company visits the house, they just ask for pictures of the meter board etc. Out of the 4 of us that installed with Sunboost, my parents were the only ones that didn’t have any issues and that was probably due to the fact they already had a system connected and were just adding some panels.

When Sunboost received my pictures they convinced me to go to the 3 phase system similar to my brother, who has a massive house with ducted air and a pool. They assured me that this was the best move so I agreed to the extra cost.

They took forever to then organise installation and I had to chase them several times. It took over a month to get an installation date in late January.

When they arrived there were a number of issues with the installation and they needed to get approval from Sunboost as there was going to be additional costs involved. They left while I battled through the issue with Sunboost and after some negotiation we finally came to an agreement. I should have pulled out at this point!

They returned at the end of February (3 months after signing up and paying my deposit). They installed the panels and hooked everything up so my solar was running without any updates being made to the meters. I still had very old meters and the solar power caused them to go in reverse - which led to issues with my electricity provider and estimated bills causing me to pay much more for my power. This also caused my off-peak to be turned off and due to my solar hot water system needing the booster to heat up, I was without hot water in the house from the date of installation to the day when I had to organise and pay for someone to come and fix up the mess they created.

It then took Sunboost several weeks to put the request to Origin to upgrade my meters. The Origin Meter installer arrived in the middle of April (almost 5 months after sign up and deposit paid). He looked at the meters and advised that Sunboost had made a bad call advising me to go to 3 phase as they wouldn’t fit on the board and I needed quite a bit of work to make some space on the board. As I had originally requested single phase I felt I had been tricked by them who “upgraded me”. At this point I was handed off to someone else to deal with the issues.

They often told me they was going to get back to me and never returned my call. I would have to repeatedly call them until I got him to answer. After installation I had a leak in the roof that needed repair (this was repaired by the originally installer), I needed my hot water back on (it had been 4 months since I had hot water in the house) and the meters to be installed. Origin sent someone to investigate what had happened with my meters and advised that the solar panels should never have been turned on and advised that Sunboost had “taken me for a ride” by convincing me to go to 3 phase as I would never get the value of a 3 phase system with the size of my roof limiting the panels.

After lots of backward and forward calls and Sunboost obtaining a quote to upgrade my meter (at my expense) but refusing to provide me with the quote, I found someone who could upgrade my meter and install the new meters at the same time which would also resolve my hot water issues. At the beginning of July I finally had my meters installed and my hot water back on. I had purchased a Wi-fi system so I could track my usage however I had a inverter installed that required wiring into the internet. This was not done by the installers.

I forwarded the bill for the Meter upgrade to Sunboost and asked them to pay it and fix the connection to the internet. At this stage they became very argumentative and rude and eventually agreed to look into it and they would return my call. I am still waiting for the return phone call on this issue. An electrician did come to instal the cable to ensure the unit was connected to the internet at Sunboost’s costs. This was completed this week. 10 months after the initial purchase and 6 months after installation.

This whole process has been a nightmare. All through winter my kids and I have had to shower in the garage using a small hot water heater. I have had to boil a kettle to wash up dishes and have had to find ways of doing things without turning on a hot water tap. I received my first bill recently since it was hooked up. My bill was half what it normally was but considering I had paid them $5000 for a system that didn’t work for over 6 months and was also paying my full electricity bills (which were Higher estimates due to the meters going in reverse) I am way behind and will need a long time to make up the losses (including me having to pay for the power board to be adjusted to fit a 3 phase power meter).

My brother had just as bad an experience with the installers leaving the job half done with only half his panels connected and live wires exposed. He also purchased a wi-fi system only to have a wired system installed. When the electrician who arrived to install the cable he found the system was not connected properly and the live wires. He made it safe but my brother is still waiting for his system to be fixed. This is 10 months after his initial booking.

I have been told that Sunboost have a reputation such as this and they manipulate customers to leave good reviews and then fail in their support when things go wrong. When things get really bad they shut up shop and open up again under another name just to do the same thing again to more unsuspecting customers.

My advise is to pay the extra for a quality installation without the added hassles of dealing with these call centres with no experience in the area of solar power and have no right to be advising anyone on what they should or should not be installing as an employee told me that they are not experts in this area. I did point out that perhaps they shouldn’t be advising people then however they ignored this comment.
Hide Hayley's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good all round offer & best value for money

Sales and quoting was easy and although they did follow up it was not a “high pressure” sales approach.
Installation was carried out on the day that was booked without any long wait and they turned up on time. Although English was not the first language of the installation team the communication was adequate (but not great). They knew what they were doing, completed the installation without any issues, cleaned up after themselves and provided some explanation on the system.
Customer service was good. They called up after the installation to confirm everything was ok. The system included a separate plug device for wifi connection which had poor literature on the set up but customer service stepped me through this and did some of the set up for me.
They notified the retailer of the install and the meter will be changed in a few days which is late but that is the retailers issue not the installer.

Hide Brian's Comment

Good Pricing and Payment Plan

Happy with Sunboost, easy to arrange, all the steps along the way went smoothly, installer was very professional. The main reason we went with Sunboost was the interest free payment plan through Brighte finance. System is running well.

LG

Stay away PLEASE, Dodgey, unprofessional, aggressive marketing tactics and spam

I didn't proceed to installation as I ended up cancelling for the following reasons: (I have evidence for these)

- Too Aggressive marketing - even calling and texting on Saturdays, many emails that can be considered spamming, Even after saying I have actually gone with another company the calls never stop, offering 'deals of the day' etc.

- Sneaky Price tactics: Using obvious persuasion tactics, before quotes initially stated they could give a very good price especially for me, yet their first quote was 1K higher than 2 other companies for a lesser system!!

- Other sneaky price tactic was - Hiding the inverter brand being provided for the system - inverters can be between $800 dollars to $2000 - not naming the brand and just calling it 'inverter' on the quote was a serious red flag - every other company quote names the inverter.

-The quotes came back TOO Quick - Why is this a problem? I've noticed other solar companies take a day or two, and that is because it takes time for electrical engineers and design to calculate optimal solar exposure (which they also show on diagrams on email), possible shading from neighbours, layout of panels etc.

These guys did it in an hour, and guess what, they did it on the WRONG address, 4 houses down my neighbour hood instead of mine (also have evidence for this)

- Other red flag is - The retailer is not Clean Energy Council Certified (CEC) (despite being the 'largest PV provider in Australia' as they keep saying. Sunboost is NOT on the CEC list of certified retailers, their only claim is they use CEC installers instead, begs the question - are they outsourcing their work to different CEC installer contractors? If so may be complicated liability issues if there are problems with the system later.

Please do your due diligence,
Hide Jadon's Comment

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY WORST EVER EXPERIENCE

I paid my deposit to Sunboost solar in January, I had to pay another $499.50 to have the meter box upgraded. They constantly call and email to get the money upfront but its now August and I have NO SOLAR INSTALLED, I have written emails , made calls with NO RETURN CONTACT. I have written formal complaints, requested the external dispute process all this information is legally required and still they just ignore you. After being committed to instalation within 6-8 weeks its been 8 MONTHS.
I just want my money back and go to a reputable supplier.
Allan Border should be ashamed to put his name to this company they are the worst experience I have ever had and I am now in the process of commencing legal action.
NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!
Hide SCOTT's Comment

Inverter Brand

Ended up with a lot of research to access the value for money quotient.

Highly recommend anyone considering solar to spend quality 10-15 hours researching and analysing facts before buying. I had quotes from 3,500-12,000 for the same configuration. Not claiming I got the best deal, but one should research to determine the right solution which is different to individual requirements. In my view there is no one size fit all.

Hide R's Comment

Professional Company

Sunboost explains everything. Paid deposit. They gave us a date. Four tradesmen arrived (all local). They worked hard most of the day. Everything works perfectly. Highly recommended
Hide Jennette's Comment

15kW

Solar System Size

WARNING - Dodgy - False claims - No communication skills - slack followup - difficult to contact

Signed a quotation in Feb 2020, promised installation within a couple of weeks ......nothing happened.....had difficulty in contacting them, given COVID-19 has a excuse and shortage of staff.
Was promised another installation date...no one arrived...no phone call advising they were not coming...waited in all day.
Another installation date given, this time they turned up without all the material for the job....packed up and went home.
Numerous phone calls....none returned.
Bank notified to claim back deposit and sent emails requesting return of deposit.
Finally someone rang wanting to know why the bank is involved...explained the situation, a promise they will get it done ASAP.
Finally on the 25th May 2020 they arrived to do the installation. Before they started i explained what i wanted and also advised no roof penetrations .....they also installed the tilt brackets with the wrong foot profile to the roofing sheeting guess what i got...roof penetration, in addition they walked all over the roof sheeting causing considerable damage to the roof sheeting, they then advised they did not do the damage.
The situation currently is;
The entire roof sheeting will have to be removed and replaced, quoted price $14,000.00
The removal of the solar panels for the roof sheeting to be replaced and then the solar panels to be reinstalled, quoted price $5,000.00
The removal of a 4G wireless link and re-installation of same, quoted price $430.00
Nearly 2 months have passed and the roof has not been replaced. now when it rains water come in over the work area.
All quotations for the repair work have been given to Sunboost over 1 month ago.
Today, complaint application forms have been submitted to both the ACCC & the Department of Fair Trading for their attention.
We have now submitted a letter of demand requesting the repairs to be carried out within 21 days or we will be taking legal action for the repair costs and legal/court costs.
Hide Michael's Comment

SolarEdge

SolarEdge

Original Review on 19-11-2019:

Very good start to finish. Great payment plan options available and easy finance too

Yes very good Exellent payment plan options. Everyone easy to deal with.

Follow Up Review on 21-07-2020:

Hide Jason's Comment

So dissatisfied

No after sale help with our problems need to talk with a technician so we just sit and wait so dissatisfied

Original Review on 13-11-2019:

Very polite professional service, always keeping me informed of the status of the installation. Install team very tidy informative and obliging. Commissioning assistance very professional.

Follow Up Review on 14-07-2020:

There was an initial problem with the invertor in that it was connected in series and not in parallel which meant that one group of panels were on whilst the other was “switched off”. Finally got Growatt to rectify now working fine.

Another issue is that all the tenders quoted an ongoing 21c / kWh feed in tariff for life of unit for payback period but energy providers only have this initial feed in rate for first year, then the feed in tariff drops to approx 1/3 which impacts on the payback period. Not creating poor system performance, However I am still happy with reduced electricity bills.
Hide Barry's Comment

So let down

Signed up in Dec 2019 and was told installation mid January ...... I waited and couldn't get in contact with installation team and they just dumped me. Kept getting told in 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks. Promised discount for delays.....Then Covid hits in March and though they are still installing this delayed further. Comes May and date is scheduled for June. Arrive and they want a panel change as Asbestos there (this was done by local electrician at half price to what they quoted and not actually necessary as they wouldn't have needed to get in to panel). Also advised by installer that they cant fit as many panels on as designed / sold and capacity nearly halved........ Now been waiting over 4 weeks for my deposit refund.

Dec to July - no panels, no service and I still have full electricity bills.
not happy.
Hide Nicole's Comment

Panel Brand

Installation not complete to be contented!

Sales process guaranteed fixed price, which was not the case.
Installation then requested $300.00 more for switchboard changes, which came down to $100.00 which was agreed too.
Then told extra payment not required by installer, so the $100.00 was not included.
Red Energy then came to connect and told us that due to workmanship completed it was not possible.
It is now coming up to towards six months since we booked with SunBoost with no connection to date.
We are now told we need to pay up front another $972.00??
Installation guys did their job well with what they had, left a bight of rubbish and broke a couple of roof tiles.
Hide Simon's Comment