Adapt Energy Pty Ltd

Adapt Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

The team at Adapt Energy have a passion for renewable energy. With over 10 years industry experience (including a 100kw system for the Loughlin Bros Transport Equipment) and expertise developed working on a wide range of projects over the years. From small scale residential solar systems, to medium size hybrid projects to large scale ground mounted arrays. Our organisation is built on mutual respect between us and our clients, our installers, our suppliers, the local communities we operate in and our natural environment. We have built a reputation in the industry for providing a tailored approach to every customer and finding a solution to their specific needs. Serving all of Queensland and Adelaide, we have a network of suppliers to ensure we can be flexible with the products we use and are not restricted or biased towards one particular brand. Our motivation when suggesting a certain product or system design is to benefit our customers and help them achieve the best outcome, not to increase our profit margins.

Adapt energy fit into a gap in the market where so often we are seeing the wrong thing being done in the solar industry with misleading sales advice, cheap components and poor workmanship it can become very confusing for consumers. Adapt energy only offer products that have stood the test of time and while we have very affordable options for customers looking for shorter term solutions we refuse to compete on the bottom of the market where often customers are left with faulty products and no warranty support despite being promised 30 year warranties. Instead we use proven products with sound financial backing, presence within Australia and often third party insurance for extra peace of mind.

Installation Service Centres:

Cairns QLD - 69253 Bruce Hwy, Fishery Falls QLD 4871

Townsville QLD - 13 Gurney St, Garbutt QLD 4814

Toowoomba QLD - 123 Margaret Street, Toowoomba, QLD 4350

Loganholme QLD - U15/ 20-22 Ellerslie Rd, Meadowbrook QLD 4131

Adelaide SA - 182 Cormack Road, Wingfield, Adelaide SA 5013

Reviewers report paying: $5,100 - $9,250 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Adapt Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (315)

Great experience

Adapt were the first to quote and I spoke with Inny for at least 1hr talking about the ins and outs. I had previously done my research and so was ready for sales tactics but Adapt offered honest and reliable advice. There was a small error with pricing as they forgot to mention they recommend Gen24, but I'm glad I did.

Installation was a week after contract signed. Very fast.

Was a small mistake in a single phase consumption meter instead of 3 phase and so needed to wait a few weeks but that was partly my fault as I realised later that I had infact 3 phase for part of my house.

Followup was fantastic.

Overall experience from start to finish was very good. I'd recommend to friends and family.

Very happy customer!

Very efficient and professional service. Also very helpful both before the install and after. Highly recommend.

Good advice for shady roof.

Following my request at Solarquotes Adapt Energy responded quickly and their advice satisfied all my questions. So I ordered a 6.6 kw system.
A few days later one other company contacted me and also took time to explain their point of view (knowing that I had already ordered a system).
This advice made me a little nervous as my panels will experience a lot of shade from surrounding trees especially during winter time. I was worried that the panels might not produce energy if they were mostly shaded.
Another call to Adapt Energy gave me affirmation that the suggested panels and the Fronius controller would work even when partially in shade.
Now, one month after smooth installation, I can say my expectation has been exceeded with the installed system: even though at this time of the year (June) my roof is mostly in shade it generates several hundred watts when the sun hits bits of it through the trees and -amazingly- when it is cloudy it produces close to 2 kw.
So the last 29 days it generated 127 kw hours (may / june 2022 - an extremly rainy period in qld and roof behind trees).
The Fronius software ($99 / three years) gives good insight into power usage which made me decide to replace my power hungry hot water system with an efficient heat pump system. This will ultimately make use of solar power during peak time and bring even more savings.

So far I am optimistic and very happy with Adaptic Energy and their installation team from WattsUp.
For a final evaluation I will wait at least a year as at the moment the sun is mostly behind trees.

Knowledgeable, consultative sales person supported by great customer service

Quoting process was the best by far and sealed it for Adapt. Knowledgeable, consultative with good attention to detail made them stand out and well above all others. Installation went very well with a very capable, friendly team who did a very professional job. They were punctual and made sure I was satisfied and knew how toonitor the system before leaving. Followup has been excellent. Highly recommend Adapt

Original Review on 13-08-2021:

Fantastic Installer and Great service

Quoting and Installation went smoothly and installation happened within 1 week of accepting the quote.

No damage was done to roof or other fixtures and the system worked well from day 1.

8 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is performing quite well and is almost cost neutral at this time. I believe that when the extra family in the house eventually can afford their own home and move out, it will be paying us more than we use on an average month.

Highly recommended

From the outset, Adapt Energy Solar shone. Simon clearly mentors his staff, and attends the installation personally. This team runs like a well oiled machine....it is efficient, respectful, professional, and delivers the goods precisely as scheduled. Some people might be hesitant regarding the cost. We feel this was an investment for us. We have installed solar on previous properties, and found that the investment pays off. Adapt Energy Solar made the entire process run smoothly, and we would not hesitate to recommend Adapt Energy Solar to anyone contemplating an installation of this kind.

Happy with the system & installation

Company great to deal with, and installation was performed with no problems.

Original Review on 11-07-2021:

Satisfied Customer

Relatively easy, company representative always available to answer questions. We ended up with this company over one other with identical system, however it was $2000 more with no clear reasoning to the price difference, something to be mindful of. There was no site visit from two of the three installer options, however mapping was used. Ours was a relatively easy Install although we do have a concrete tiled roof, which tends to take a bit longer to install…. Don’t forget to get some spare tiles!!!!

The installers turned up on time and got the job done, cleaned up and explained next steps, very happy, they were locals too. Nice, friendly, respectful installers, would highly recommend. Very slight hiccup, that got rectified as soon as we were aware, nothing to detract from overall review.

Grid connection is in process, wi-fi hookup done and explained.
All round a very easy, comfortable process. However I would recommend to do your own research first.

8 months later we asked Joy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Actually beyond expectations… not one bill to pay and credit adding up…best choice ever for our needs.

Professional from Start to Finish

Absolutely recommend this company for your solar requirements.. professional, informative throughout the quote, the queries and the install..

Pleasant company to deal with, extremely enthusiastic installer passionate about his subject matter (and helping me use it to maximum advantage)

Sales/quoting process was good, very educational while also not being overly time consuming. Suggested system hopefully meets my needs better than some of the other systems I was offered, with higher quality panels.

The installation process was excellent. The installers were all friendly, polite and considerate, with their leader being extremely enthusiastic and passionate about educating me on how to use the system to my best advantage. His instructions for use were extremely thorough and easy to understand.

My only criticism would be a slight gap in the communication between when I committed to accept the quote from the company. A bit more contact to confirm timeframes and what to expect next would have been helpful.

The grid connection after install has been arranged, and I am hoping it to be completed any day now.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

The sales process was excellent however there was a glitch after install which has taken some time to resolve

Quoting/sales process was excellent. They also organised the grid connection.
Installation was punctual, tidy and polite.
However, when it rained a few days later, we had a leak from below the connection through the roof. The carpet and ceiling in a bedroom and the ceiling in the hallway were affected. The installer returned within a day then they re-siliconed the whole section and it has not leaked since. The only issue we had was that the installer's insurance company expected us to get quotes and organise the repair work.
I spoke to Adapt and they then organised this for us as it turned out that there was no lasting damage to the carpet and the ceiling only required some painting but this has taken a couple of months.
If I am ever in a position to install solar again I would happily go through Adapt Energy.

Very smooth

The sales quoting process was as promised on the website. We were very happy with the three companies who quoted and the company we finally went with did everything they promised. They also organised the grid connection after the install.

The solar quotes website made getting started very easy.

Original Review on 01-06-2021:

New 1st time solar.

The sales/quoting went smoothly and any questions I had was explained so that I had a good grasp of what it did mean throughout the process.

The installers were extremely friendly and respectful. They were a little late, but made up for it by helping me unload my filing cabinets.

The grid connection was requested on the day and I have heard from the provider already.

Customer service from all parties was great. I am just waiting on a response to the app to check my usage. I am sure this will happen without any problems.

Sorry I forgot to take photos.

8 months later we asked Pauline: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has surpassed my expectations. Since the installation I have not had to pay a bill. Amazing.

I am not yet using all electric items, but think this just fantastic and expect it may still be close to no bill or a very small bill.

I have a treatment plant also installed around this time. It has been faulty and was running the aeration system 24/7. Should only come on for an hour every hour and a half. Still no bill to pay.

Yes I am very very happy.

Original Review on 01-07-2021:

Brilliant

Great company, great people, and they listened to what I wanted instead of telling me what I wanted. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Michael : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, indeed it has.

Fantastic

Customer service from office staff was second to none. Fantastic , polite , friendly.

Installers were spot on time, friendly and polite. Always knocked on the door and let me know the power will be off for a few minutes . Left no rubbish behind, clean as a whistle.

Good system, great people to deal with.

Good system, prompt service, would recommend!
Steve is very knowledgeable and always nice to talk to.
Installation was tidy and got it all done in one day.

Original Review on 17-05-2021:

System upgrade

Very organised and system was installed and running earlier then expect Original ratings

8 months later we asked Garth: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, system is still performing very well

Fantastic installation and great sales service.

Solar is complicated when you start diving into it! But the sales/quoting process was top notch and ultimately the reason I went with Adapt over other similarly-priced competitors - they provided practical advice, patiently answered all questions over multiple conversations and I didn't feel any sense of sales-pressure at all.

The installation team must also be highly commended - they were punctual and efficient, did a great job of the installation and the job site was thoroughly cleaned up by them before they left.

They quickly sorted out the grid connection after the install - so basically I've not had to think about any of this again since the install - it just works, and works well.

Original Review on 26-03-2021:

Well price and best service

Sales quoting was done over the phone and answering the pre-qualification questions until the suitable system was proposed. Artifacts and actual photos of the system were provided as requested.

The system price is competitive compared to other three companies I shop with.

Installation of the system was terrific. Installer came early,clean up after install, set up everything (i.e. wireless connection, access using their app) and showed me how to monitor, etc.

10 months later we asked Rejohn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, my solar system is performing as expected.

Original Review on 15-04-2021:

Very satisfied

Before I found solar quotes, I spoke to a number of providers (none of which were recommended by solar quotes) who gave me ridilucous prices in the hopes I wouldn't look around, incorrect or misleading information and pushy sales.

The 3 options I got from solar quotes were proffessional, kind and obviously knew what they were talking about. They just gave me the facts about their products with prices that made sense.

After researching all the ins and outs of inverters I really wanted a Fronius. As it's a European brand, most companies struggle with stock and repair parts so they don't often recommend it. I Chose Adapt because they are a Fronius partner and those points are not an issue for them. Owain was very knowledgable and walked me through all the questions I had, simple and technical alike. More like talking to an engineer than a sales person.

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very happy with the system and service. The system Adapt reccommended covers my daily usage in all seasons and some for future growth. I bought the system on a loan, so the loan repayments minus the credits I'm earning from the solar feed in to AGL, my monthly bill is about 20% what it would be without solar installed. I'm very happy with Fronius and the data collection and information I can get from the system.

Adapt Energy Solar

From the initial quote with Steve to the installation team with Joel, and along the way updates and information from Bronwyn and the team at Head office. An absolute pleasure to deal with and I will definitely be speaking with the team at Adapt Energy Solar for any future installations.

A very positive experience.

All enquiries and quoting process were handled promptly and efficiently.
Installers arrived on time and were very courteous and efficient in their on-site assessment of the job.
The installation was completed in a very timely and professional manner.
The overall experience has been a very positive one.

Fantastic System

The Solar quoting was, explained well, was shown graphs, so I understood how the feed into the grid worked. They turned up to install on time, was not finished because of high winds, they came back a week later to finish. They organised the grid install for me. Overall extremely happy with the service, still waiting for energy company to come and connect me to the grid but I do have a date.

Such a reputable company with proper solar and electrical knowledge. The installers really know their stuff too!

The quoting was very informative and well thought out.
The installers were super efficient, knew their stuff, and cleaned up everything to 100%

Customer service.

Great company. Amazing customer service. Quality products.
So far so good

Great experience from initial conversation to post-installation

Had a great experience with Adapt Energy from initial conversation to post-installation. Sales and design listened to my desires and came up with a system and desire to suit.

Installation date was scheduled for 2-3 weeks after accepting the quote and paying the initial deposit. The installers were polite, tidy and punctual, with the installation process taking a couple of days from start to finish.

The meters needed to be swapped over to smart meters, which Adapt Energy arranged on my behalf. After waiting for the energy company to finally swap the meters over, we've now been able to turn the system on and generate green energy. Very pleased with the results so far. Adapt Energy were super responsive in providing a higher level of access to the Fronius solar web portal so that we could set the feed-in tariff.

Overall, a great experience, highly recommended!

All good.

All good. Done in two days working around wet weather.

Original Review on 22-03-2021:

Great system for the data nerd

The sales person was a thoughtful listener and designed a system very well suited to my needs. I'm really happy with the system i've got. I did feel like the after sales service was not up to expectations based on the following:
1. I wanted to plumb my inverter data into pvoutput, but Adapt told me that logging onto the Fronius data manager directly wasn't possible. This is not true - its fairly easy to do and is available. I was disappointed that Adapt sent me in the wrong direction
2. Adapt said they would handle everything to get the solar system connected (during sales prior to install). In reality I had to engage the retailer and sort it out myself
3. I was advised that the installers were all in-house, but it turned out to be sub-contractors. Fortunately the installers did a great job.

Definitely. Even with a green loan, i'm still about $70 a month cash positive. Its a no brainer.

Highly recommend

Our experience with Adapt Energy was positive from beginning to end, we were very impressed with the amount of information we received and the professionalism of the sales and administration staff. The installation took place without any issues and the tradesman were punctual, professional and very helpful, the system was commissioned without delay and began producing as intended. We would recommend the services of Adapt Energy to anyone without hesitation.

Best service by a country mile!

We couldn't have asked for a better experience with getting our solar system through Adapt Energy. Every step of the way we had our hand held by the Adapt Energy team and even now well after our system has been installed and is running as it should we are getting excellent after sales service with regard to negotiating with different energy providers.
We initially got quotes and dealt with 5 different companies and none of the others came even remotely close to the service and advice we received from Inny and the Adapt Energy team
Installation was a breeze and the team were prompt, professional and tidy and turned up when they said they would.
I highly recommend Adapt Energy to anyone thinking about getting solar.

Incredible customer experience

Great experience with Adapt Energy. I had many questions, both technical and non-technical, and Inny answered them all extremely well. He wasn't pushy at all, and was just generally a really nice guy to deal with, which is why I decided to go with them.

After signing, I was kept updated by Bronwyn who was also very friendly and helpful

The solar installer (in Cairns) was great, too. Friendly, arrived on time, did a good job and left everything tidy!

Overall the whole process was smooth, and I've had the panels for 6 months now I am very happy with the system. Thanks Adapt!

Only about one week since install & weather has been overcast so our 8.6 Kw system has not yet exceeded about 4 Kw

Sales process was painless.
Installation was without problems, installers very approachable.
The installers ensured everything was working as expected prior to leaving.
Only issue is the not so hot "Isolar" monitoring software.

Great people to deal with very accommodating and professional

The entire process was smooth and easy and they worked around my budget and time schedule.

Great to work with

Lovely to deal with. Honest. Knowledgeable. Great installation staff. Would highly recommend.

Adapt Energy solar installation.

From quote to final installation everyone that I had contact with was professional, polite and friendly. The installing team took time after a very thorough install, to explain clearly the system and components . Very happy with my investment.

Great advice from company. Great installer.

No hard sell. Let the price and quality of the equipment, installer and warranty do the talking.

Genuine and Truthful Advice

From my initial contact, discussions with my needs and recommended requirements, I have been totally happy. Brett was honest, had up to date information with date changes and tariffs available in my region. He was honest with prices and nothing was a surprise extra on installation. The team were all very friendly on arrival for installation and respectful to my home. They negotiated time changes as needed and advised by text estimated arrival times. There was no mess left at all. The system was fully installed by the team right down to the use of the app for my daily monitoring. All phone conversations with the install team were smooth and seamless, A++ from me.

Original Review on 15-01-2021:

Solar system

Adapt were easy to deal with, install needs some tidy up , but system seems good at early stages. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Shane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed well, power bills have been reduced considerably.

Awesome experience

I chose Adapt because my salesperson was the most knowledgeable . He answered all my questions and recomennded the best system for me.

Adapted!

The process from start to finish was painless.
Communication was of the highest level, only to be trumped by the installation team.
On completion i was informed about the system and best to go about getting the most out of it.
For someone who is not tech savvy, the online registration and app set up was very easy.
Completely satisfied and much appreciated.

Cheers, Adsy.

Great consultation and very tidy installation.

From quote to installation Adapt Energy and their team were excellent to deal with.
A great consultation and quotation team to establish exactly what we needed with the removal of an old system and installation of the new one.

The installation team was spot on time and very efficient. They left the place so tidy you wouldn't know there was any work done.
Follow up phone call to ensure everything was done to expectation. We're just waiting on the new meter and away we go!

Would 100% recommend them.

Comprehensive information with quote

Very informative sales rep
Punctual installation
Good liaison when modifications to panel layout were required

Great Installer

After initial communication issues, all went ahead without any problems.

Fantastic!

From start to finish the experience was great. Whilst I did have a small issue with the monitoring, it was corrected quickly and effortlessly. The install team were friendly and worked hard to install such a big system. Will be using again on the next house.

Very Satisfied Customer!

I recently had my solar system installed by Adapt Energy and the service was second to none. Everything was explained to me in detail and various options put forward to me. The install is so neat, I have even had electrician friends comment on how well it has been done. Adapt went above and beyond and we couldn't be happier. They were also very competitively priced. Highly, highly recommend!!

Could not be happier!

Excellent communication. Took responsibility for the work site and crew. Was prompt. Clean. System installation is immaculate and looks amazing. Helpful. System works as it should.
gave online tracking of his arrival times.
Service was awesome.
Immediate access to grid.

Can't recommend them highly enough
Would definitely go with them again

Adapt Energy - Solid reliable installation

Summary:
- Quoting process was painless, informative and competitive,
- Good install with a very neat looking finish, no broken tiles or anything. The meter box was installed with confirming we were 100% happy with the location but is not ultimately a problem, minor inconvenience.
- Prompt customer service and everything was online from the install day

4.5 / 5

Very pleased

Still early days but very pleased with the system we chose.

Pricing was similar between all quotes, but Adapt edged ahead with knowledge of the products, giving me options for the best outcome for us and also confidence with their warranty. All my questions were answered quickly and comprehensively.

The entire process was smooth (and quicker than expected) with the only surprise being a two day install which we weren’t advised of until the day, but the quality of the install was excellent.

Happy to finally have Solar!

Adapt Energy was recommended by SolarQuotes. Sales side of the process was transparent and competitive (not cheap). Installation was effortless. After sales customer service (Katie) was fabulous helping us out. Looking forward to producing our own power when the meter board is upgraded - which is sometimes necessary after installation (at no further cost). Fully recommend Adapt Energy A+