Adapt Energy Pty Ltd

Adapt Energy Pty Ltd Reviews

The team at Adapt Energy have a passion for renewable energy. With over 10 years industry experience (including a 100kw system for the Loughlin Bros Transport Equipment) and expertise developed working on a wide range of projects over the years. From small scale residential solar systems, to medium size hybrid projects to large scale ground mounted arrays. Our organisation is built on mutual respect between us and our clients, our installers, our suppliers, the local communities we operate in and our natural environment. We have built a reputation in the industry for providing a tailored approach to every customer and finding a solution to their specific needs. Serving all of Queensland and Adelaide, we have a network of suppliers to ensure we can be flexible with the products we use and are not restricted or biased towards one particular brand. Our motivation when suggesting a certain product or system design is to benefit our customers and help them achieve the best outcome, not to increase our profit margins.

Adapt energy fit into a gap in the market where so often we are seeing the wrong thing being done in the solar industry with misleading sales advice, cheap components and poor workmanship it can become very confusing for consumers. Adapt energy only offer products that have stood the test of time and while we have very affordable options for customers looking for shorter term solutions we refuse to compete on the bottom of the market where often customers are left with faulty products and no warranty support despite being promised 30 year warranties. Instead we use proven products with sound financial backing, presence within Australia and often third party insurance for extra peace of mind.

Installation Service Centres:

Cairns QLD - 69253 Bruce Hwy, Fishery Falls QLD 4871

Townsville QLD - 13 Gurney St, Garbutt QLD 4814

Toowoomba QLD - 123 Margaret Street, Toowoomba, QLD 4350

Loganholme QLD - U15/ 20-22 Ellerslie Rd, Meadowbrook QLD 4131

Adelaide SA - 182 Cormack Road, Wingfield, Adelaide SA 5013

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Adapt Energy Pty Ltd Reviews (266)

Review requested by Solar Quotes

Sales quoting process was excellent

Installation was polite, tidy and punctual but not yet completed per the quote (T33 was left connected and no timers were fitted for water heaters - this will be reviewed after a few Ergon bills have been received).

Customer Service was very good, Adapt Energy organized everything with Ergon.

Great service with prompt installation

I found Owain at Adapt really helpful with his recommendations and explanations of why he recommended certain products. He seemed knowledgeable and genuine and the price was on par with other quotes I received.

After a small hiccup with the installer not turning up on the day of installation, they arranged for him to return the following business day. The installers were polite and helpful and did a tidy job. They made sure they ran through the workings of the system and the monitoring app before they left.

New 1st time solar.

The sales/quoting went smoothly and any questions I had was explained so that I had a good grasp of what it did mean throughout the process.

The installers were extremely friendly and respectful. They were a little late, but made up for it by helping me unload my filing cabinets.

The grid connection was requested on the day and I have heard from the provider already.

Customer service from all parties was great. I am just waiting on a response to the app to check my usage. I am sure this will happen without any problems.

Sorry I forgot to take photos.

Original Review on 28-09-2020:

Great Team:

Sales/quoting very factual and no pushing on their behalf. Installation excellent service by two electricians, arrived on time and final presentation perfect. Grid connection was organised after installation. Guided me through the functions of Fronius inverter. Very satisfied with the whole process from beginning to end. Highly recommend Adept Energy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Terry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceeded my expectations. With exception of first bill which was small we have not had another bill since. In fact we get a credit when bill is due. Can't complain about that.

Best customer service ever

Brett from Adapt Energy was fantastic from the word go.
Such good communication and superb product knowledge.
I was dubious of solar companies, as I have had issues before.
Brett listened to what I had to say, and assured me of the quality of the product, supported by technical data.
The install process was quick and efficient. Quality workmanship.
The installer was open and informative and went through options of location of inverter.
The site was left clean.
Have to mention the admin who handled the payment. Very pleasant to deal with and efficient.
Overall a really good experience. I have recommended to some friends and colleagues already.

Adapt

The boys were friendly and helpful had our 7.7kw system up in about 6 hours. The system was only installed on the 18th so still waiting on the power supplier to do their bit. I would recommend this company as they were on the ball and did a good job.

All aspects of Adept Energy's service and installation went according to plan

Sales and quoting process was extremely clear and the provision of extra requested information and data was excellent.
Installation went according to schedule with the contractor efficient , polite with all work carried out in a professional manner.
Grid connection is yet to occur but was organized with Origin after the installation.

System upgrade

Very organised and system was installed and running earlier then expect

Professional

We are both pleased with the whole process. From the quote to installation Adapt Solar were easy and thorough to deal with. A totally professional company and they were always contactable for any queries. A special mention of Steve who gave us the quote and Bronwyn who handled all the paper work and the installation boys who left me amazed at the speed and ease of how quick it can done

Fantastic Installer!

Fantastic Installer, very informative salesman who ensured my questions were answered and the best deal was proposed.

Exceeding performance expectations

Sought quotes from 12 companies for 13kw system. Adapt were upper mid-range on price. Their quote process was pressure free and factual. I had a fairly clear idea of what I wanted but was not particular on brand, Sales Rep discussed pros/cons of each which was greatly appreciated, and verified by my own later research. Install lead time post contract was 6 weeks I think, but I was advised of this prior to signing (rain, COVID-19 delays). Install itself was excellent, on day of install the team were happy to install all equipment in locations agreed. Ended up not being able to fit 2 of the panels due to roof which were refunded. Install itself is very, very neat both on the roof and inverter/meter box and cabling. Was shown how to connect to solar monitoring etc. Very prompt replies to queries. System producing very well. I would recommend.

PS I opted to also have SolarAnalytics installed which I am loving. Extra $$ but is helping us shift appliances and usage to maximise our ROI.

Excellent company to deal with

The customer service from the very beginning was excellent and the install was of a very high standard the installers were polite they cleaned up and did an amazing job.

Very satisfied

Before I found solar quotes, I spoke to a number of providers (none of which were recommended by solar quotes) who gave me ridilucous prices in the hopes I wouldn't look around, incorrect or misleading information and pushy sales.

The 3 options I got from solar quotes were proffessional, kind and obviously knew what they were talking about. They just gave me the facts about their products with prices that made sense.

After researching all the ins and outs of inverters I really wanted a Fronius. As it's a European brand, most companies struggle with stock and repair parts so they don't often recommend it. I Chose Adapt because they are a Fronius partner and those points are not an issue for them. Owain was very knowledgable and walked me through all the questions I had, simple and technical alike. More like talking to an engineer than a sales person.

Original Review on 13-08-2020:

Great Job

The entire process was smooth and went like clockwork. Installers were punctual and friendly and went above and beyond when they discovered a dangerous problem in the meter box. They repaired it with out a second thought and then ran through the set up and features of the system before leaving. Original ratings

The system has performed excellently over the 12 months. Our total power bill for the 12 months was $35. Enough said.
Adapt Energy service form quoting to installation was professional, considerate and comunicative from December 2020 until installation in April 2021. Delays were caused by need to reroof the dwelling and wet weather in Brisbane over an extended period. Our Adapt representatve Owain was understanding and accommadating all the way. the system is yet to be completely connected to the grid for feed-in with replacement meters, but is working as designed using 24 330W RECNP panels and a Fronius 6kW Inverter.

Near perfect experience.

They were the first to quote (without an onsite inspection) and were helpful and friendly, but were a little pushy while we waited for other quotes. Install was very smooth and friendly, finishing ahead of schedule.

Excellent System

Adapt Energy was one of 3 providers I investigated for a new residential solar system.

While all 3 were local suppliers of good quality systems. This was an important aspect as I like to keep my business local. Great to see none of the recommended 3 were really there to just sell a system like the ones you see on TV.

Adapt's excellent timely followups & good customer service won my business in the end. Installation was faultless and very tidy.

10Kw of 325W REC Panels with Fronius 8.2 Kw Inverter

Awesome tream, from Sales to installation

Found Adapt Energy to be extremely helpful. Great service from the entire team. Neat and tidy installation, and no mess left behind. Highly recommend Adapt Energy.

Well price and best service

Sales quoting was done over the phone and answering the pre-qualification questions until the suitable system was proposed. Artifacts and actual photos of the system were provided as requested.

The system price is competitive compared to other three companies I shop with.

Installation of the system was terrific. Installer came early,clean up after install, set up everything (i.e. wireless connection, access using their app) and showed me how to monitor, etc.

Great system for the data nerd

The sales person was a thoughtful listener and designed a system very well suited to my needs. I'm really happy with the system i've got. I did feel like the after sales service was not up to expectations based on the following:
1. I wanted to plumb my inverter data into pvoutput, but Adapt told me that logging onto the Fronius data manager directly wasn't possible. This is not true - its fairly easy to do and is available. I was disappointed that Adapt sent me in the wrong direction
2. Adapt said they would handle everything to get the solar system connected (during sales prior to install). In reality I had to engage the retailer and sort it out myself
3. I was advised that the installers were all in-house, but it turned out to be sub-contractors. Fortunately the installers did a great job.

Installers kept me up to date at all times

I found from start to finish the whole dealing with adapt energy to be the best service.
Would recommend to anyone.

Highly recommend using this service A1.

Highly recommend using this service. Adapt Energy and their installers followed my brief on where i wanted conduit runs and location of inverter . “It’s all in the detail” . Already recommend to others so totally happy with all from the get go. Thanks Finn and Team.

Great communication made the process easy

Great communication throughout installation was hassle free and issues were resolved quickly

Top quality system and service

From the initial discussion and quote to final installation nothing but great service, advice and quality installation. During the quotation process I was provided with a wealth of knowledge and options which was much appreciated and made the decision easy. All products optioned to me were of the highest quality with excellent reviews and warranty. Kind and friendly team made the decision to go with Adapt Energy an easy one. Installation was carried out without a drama everything was taken care of and done to a very high standard. If you are thinking of solar I can easily recommend going with Adapt Energy.

Original Review on 24-06-2020:

Fantastic Company, Neat Install

Very happy with the level of service and advice provided by Adapt Energy both before, during and after sale. The install was done by Barra Electrical who were very professional and did a very neat installation. The system although only a few weeks old is working well and the Wi-Fi monitoring is functioning as it should.
Overall very happy and would have no hesitation in recommending this company and Finn Peacock's get three quotes option.

Thanks for the awesome review Paul, we're stoked!

9 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Overall still very happy with my system. I can run the house on solar during the day which is great and will look to getting a battery system added on in the future to allow power during blackouts etc and essentially stop paying any bills.

Being in Townsville it would be better if there was more competition in energy provider as we are not getting as good a rate as big cities like Brisbane for example but still happy :)

Great job well done

The installers were punctual, polite and tidied up afterward even though it was a very hot day.

Great job but poor performance in closing out the job.

The installer knew his job well and did a good job of the installation. He did however fall down in the final small tasks of closing out the job. The inadequacies were:
1. Did not sign over the solar system so I could access the inverter until I requested it in writing.
2. When asked should I use the Fronius app of the web site I was not offered any information about a preference or the strengths or limitations of each
3. there were two issues with the installation of the timer on the hot water service:
a) obviously the timer should be set to a window where there is most likely to be excess solar energy available. The installer only set a logical window when I prompted him and asked him to set the timer to my specification
b) the installer failed to tell me that the timer would "get out" when there were supply interruptions (of which we have had many) so that it was eventually turning on the hot water when no solar power available. This totally defeats its purpose.
I have always said that the job is not done until the last paperwork is finished!

fantastic service from start to finish with follow up checks, in formative, straight answers, no foggy stuff.

Sales and quoting was fantastic and very quick, with different produces available and to suit what you want from the system.
Installation team were very good, everyone new what job they needed to do, and were able to make changes as required on the day.
Customer service was great, good follow up and are on hand for any requirements we need.

Fantastic Installation

The guys from Rockhampton who installed the solar panels were fantastic. They were professional and efficient. The only mishap was the company itself forgot to tell Ergon about the installation and we had to chase it up ourselves with a few phone calls. However, they apologised and rectified the situation straight away. The solar panels have been working great since installation.

Great Company

Adapt Energy may not have been the cheapest quote we received but I feel we got an extremely good high quality system. Norman from Adapt was so helpful in answering all our questions and pointing us in the right direction.
This Installation was very professional, the installers were punctual and cleaned up everything afterwards.
Adapt organised our Grid Connection and all the staff were very good at keeping us informed of what was happening.
I would highly recommend this company

Great product and service. Highly recommended!!!

A late quote from Adapt Energy and a bit skeptical at the beginning but everything went smoothly. Ray and other staff members are very helpful, trying their best. Excellent and highly recommended.

Great team, professional and quality install

Adapt Energy were great to deal with from start to finish. We felt really comfortable with what the salesman Roger suggested and felt he really listened to our wants/needs. The installation team were highly professional and did a very thorough and neat job. The install happened on time and was completed as soon as possible. Really happy with our experience overall.

Quality

Had Adapt Energy referred by solar quotes and from the first call I found Brett to be a no nonsense straight shooter. Industry knowledge and product knowledge was first class with zero pushy sales tactics. Was upfront about not being the cheapest as they pride themselves on quality products/installation and won't cut corners. Taking into account a family of 5 and other potential possibilities we decided on a 10.5kw system, as Brett said no one ever says they have too many panels but they do say they don't have enough.

Day of installation and had rain on and off, supervisor was quick to get guys off the roof and waited until safe each time. Thumbs up to the young man who approached ( and didn't try to hide it ) asking if I had any spare roof tiles as he had cracked one.

Waiting now on energy retailer.

Will recommend to any one to use Solar Quotes and if on the Gold Coast to get a quote from Adapt Energy

Excellent preinstall service, smooth professional installation, good follow-up info and help so far

Adapt Energy were professional, considerate and helpful through the whole operation from Quote to Installation to completed set-up of the System. All of my concerns were dealt with quickly and patiently. Thanks to Miles, Ryan and Paul for making the Solar Installation a pleasant and stress free experience.

The Installers, Assured Connection, were punctual, friendly and very competent. The installation ran very smoothly and was completed in less than a day. Thanks to Fraser, Jack, and Simon for a job well done.

Solar system

Adapt were easy to deal with, install needs some tidy up , but system seems good at early stages.

No fuss Install

I went through Solar Quotes who had 3 professional companies contact me, the one I went with was Adapt Energy, Brett was very knowledgeable and did mind me asking a million questions and my one stipulation was that panels and inverter didn't come out of China, Brett was able to steer me in the right direction there. The installed guys did a great job. Very happy.

Original Review on 14-04-2020:

Very pleased with Adapt Energy

Was impressed with Ray and the team from beginning to end. Always polite, professional, courteous and competitive on price. Answered all my questions well. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Shane: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very happy with the system. Adapt Energy have been most helpful throughout and I've since made four referrals to them. All my friends and colleagues are happy too. I did quite a lot of research by the way. Also, a shout out to SolarQuotes. A really great website.

Fast Effective and no Fuss Solar

Fast effective and friendly staff took care of the quotation and also visited our property. The installation was done fast and very professionally. I will recommend Adapt Energy to family and friends looking to install solar.

Affordable high end solar.

The sales process was very good. Helpful and answered all of our questions.
Installation was very good. On time and tidy and they showed us how it all works etc. Only downside was when it came to installation it was realised we couldn’t fit number of panels on as quoted (we had to lose 2). There was no pre-installation site visit and we were aware of this (just the nearmap solar program that all of the companies use). Having said that, other companies that did visit for their quotes, quoted similar number of panels so we’d have probably been in same situation. Only way to avoid this is to pay extra for a roof site inspection.
But Adapt Energy were very good about it and gave us a slight discount.
Good follow up after installation. They got in touch with our energy supplier and we’re now just waiting for Energex to upgrade the meter and we’ll be good to go.

Adapt Energy Review

Quote process was straight forward. The installation was quick, the team was punctual and tidied up after themselves. They took care of everything.

Good professional job.

The Sungrow wireless and App are a bit shonkey and stop working periodically (again just now). However, the inverter and panels appear to be good. It was hard to set up the App and now works when it chooses. It reports a network problem, but the wlan is working fine. This does no impact the panels or inverter performance. Others appear to have reported the same problem. It is not a good recommendation that Sungrow have chosen not to fix it.

Very quick and neat install.

Adapt energy is an awesome solar company

Very professional and helpful
The company kept us informed all through the process
They kept their promises and were reliable and timely

Great company, easy to deal with and we're very helpful and informative

Sales and quoting was great, the install guys were very nice and polite and cleaned up after themselves.

Cannot be Faulted!

From the very start Adapt Energy were professional, efficient and excellent to deal with. Their pricing was very reasonable and the installers were very polite and did a fantastic job installing my system. I would recommend Adapt Energy to anyone looking for a solar power system

I would recommend this company to my friends and family if they were thinking of getting a solar installation!

Good first contact, sales answered my questions and provided me with more than enough information than I needed. th e installation had a few hiccups but was resolved by the installation team, who were very tidy and polite and a credit to their employer

Customer service is excelent. Easy to talk with.

Customer service was brilliant. Easy to takl to and i dont feel intimidated or force to buy their product.

A customers dream

I went with this company due to a a mature sales representative that gave me all the information I wanted without any sales pressure.
Installation is happening as we speak. The crew were on time and very polite cleaning up after themselves.

Original Review on 31-03-2020:

Informative and Consultative

Just signed up, so not installed yet. The process so far has been very consultative and informative. We have decides to opt for a system that will eliminate our bill completely. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Ross: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It certainly has. We are a family of four with a pool, ducted aircon, plenty of electronics and our aim was to eliminate our power bill completely.
We have achieved this!
Adapt Solar were just brilliant. No hard sell. Truly consultative sales approach. Great installation and after sales service.

Fantastic Installer

Very thorough at explaining options, various panels/configurations/size/inverters and how to best utilize everyhing. had longest workmanship guarantee (10yrs) and spent a lot of time going through options, rather than just pushing a certain system. Knew the electrical and technical side of things really well and knew their products, unlike some suppliers where I seemed to know more about their own panels they sold than they did. The team was polite, punctual, good communication, did a great clean job of install and didn't leave lots of rubbish and pieces lying all around.

Excellent Service

The whole experience of using Adapt Energy was excellent; from system design, quoting then installation. No pushy sales people - just a focus on determining your needs then coming up with the best system to meet them. The guys who did the installation were outstanding. I would have no hesitation in recommending Adapt Energy.