Clean NRG Pty Ltd

Clean NRG Pty Ltd Reviews

Welcome to Clean NRG Solar, your one stop ‘energy reduction shop’ for homes and businesses across Perth.

We are proudly a Perth owned and family run, bricks and mortar solar retailer.

We are exclusive to Perth with a combined showroom, office and warehouse under one roof in Osborne Park.

We have been in the solar business since 2010 providing a full design, sales and installation service, for Solar Panels, Solar Battery Storage, Solar Hot Water, Solar Roof Ventilation and Solar Pool Heating.

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $6,200 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Clean NRG Pty Ltd Reviews (253)

4.4/5

Original Review on 23-08-2020:

Very helpful with all my questions and all went according to planned

Quoting and discussion was great. Installation went well, installers very polite and obliging. Every Aspect was handled by Solar Company, I haven't organised anything. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alison: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, So far been selling back more $ value than using and last bill used .20 cents worth of power. More than meeting my expectations so far. With Govt rebates will be in credit for some time.

Original Review on 22-07-2020:

Seamless process from quote to installation

The service provided by the Clean NRG team was excellent from start to finish. They spent a lot of time explaining and answering questions about the various options and walked us through the process at each stage. Installation was prompt and professional. The system is working well and we're looking forward to seeing the effect on our next electricity bill. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Nick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very happy with the performance of our system and have seen significant reductions to power bills since installation.

Happy camper

Can only thank John and the crew from Clean NRG for all their help and expertise. Information they gave was relevant and in real time which was important for us to make an informed decision, especially as the solar industry remains fluid with new products and innovations. System has been up and running for 6 months and the only loss is to the energy provider, bills are down and that can only be a good thing. Recommend you give them a go and utilize their knowledge and experience,

Easy, nothing to do

Was very easy to arrange. Clean nrg arranged everything, all I needed to do was email copy if my electricity bill. Installers were also all very friendly & explained the system once installed

Too early to tell as just being installed

Only being installed today so cannot comment as yet. Installers were punctual and good to deal with,

Informed sales staff, installation took forever

I was looking for an Enphase or SolarEdge system due to the strange angles on my roof.
The process was very smooth through Clean NRG. The sales representative had excellent knowledge of all the systems. Especially when compared to every other company I spoke to that was recommended by Solar Quotes. One didn't reply, one said the roof was impossible and the other one had a sales person who knew less about micro-inverters than me (he even said he would come back to me after the Christmas break and he never did).
The solar rebate was properly handled.
It was understood our roof was quite challenging.
When it came to installation I was amazed that the installation was going to be done by 1 person for 25 panels on a tiled roof. The initial estimate was 5 days and that blew out to 12 days with constant excuses, I suspect it was a combination of multiple jobs, doing it solo, an extra hot week.

Beyond that, the installer kept bringing up the cost of adding some timber here and there, adding a switchboard, outside of the price of what the company estimate was.

I am still waiting on the final stickers to go on the switch board and getting access to the monitoring software.

It was primarily a problem because our switchboard is wired to be inside the house so we have to be at home while the installation was going on.

Recommend to all!

Amazing and informative customer service, from my initial enquiry through to purchase, payment and aftersales. The sales team were by far the most informative, never pushy to go with them, just great general advice. We had a problem with wi-fi set up and they came out without hesitation to assist and offer a solution. We love to support local and this local business is one we would recommend without hesitation.

All around excellence

A great company with high quality products and a very quick turnaround. He whole process was made so simple I didn’t really have to do anything. I would definitely recommend this company.

The whole package!

Excellent, courteous, sales staff. Great technical information. Unbeatable price. Arranged installation on short notice, despite it being a busy period. All my expectations have been exceeded.

Excellent value for money

Tony Cappa of Clean NRG Pty Ltd was asked to give us a solar power installation quote. He arrived on time and had prepared a submission, based on an aerial photo of the property, which was very reasonably priced. After obtaining a second quote, which was over double in amount and required 10 more panels, we chose Clean NRG for the
installation as it seemed much more suited to our requirements. This took place a very short time after grid connection, which was organised by Clean NRG and was carried out with quiet efficiency and minimum disturbance - they were certainly polite, tidy and punctual.
We recently had a whole new system installed at our residence in Noranda. From the initial consult with Craig to the completion of the installation of the system by the Solar NRG team the whole process was a very satisfactory experience. From the expert knowledge afforded to us from Craig to the professional way in which the actual job was carried out I would highly recommend Solar NRG to anyone who is considering installing a new or updated Solar Energy System. Tom.

Excellent communication. Great product knowledge. Great service.

Sales team new their stuff and weren't pushy at all. Installation team was very professional, knowledgeable and prompt.
After sales service to upgrade switchboard and install smart meter was great (although this was done by Everything Electrics & Solar, the team who installed the PV system, separate from Clean NRG).

Good old fashioned service in the 21st century

My experience with CleanNRG Solar started with an info session at their Osborne Park Business.

This was excellent Q and A session by Craig and his team without any pressure to sign up to anything.

Once we had made our decision to go ahead with installation every step was easy and hassle free.

I found everybody so easy to deal with, beginning with John in sales, to Lee in admin and finally a quick an easy installation in just over half a day by Paul and his offsider.

Thank you CleanNRG Solar we will definately recommend your business to others.

Regards
Colin & Rosie Fleay
Wilson.

Would recommend to friends and family.

Sales and quoting straight forward. I actually had a cheaper price for a tesla 2 battery at another dealer which they were happy to match. They include a discount from Cambridge city council that made it a great price overall.

We wanted a 13kw system, so we had to apply through the power company for permission first, Clean NRG handled all of this including sending someone to our house for part of the assessment.
After approval we were given an install date quite promptly. Install was over two days and Steve stayed till quite late to ensure it was completed for the weekend.

They were tidy, respectful and cleaned up after the install. Install is very clean with all cables ducted. Looks very professional and neat.

No complaints.

Installation excellent 5 hours little inconvenience

Telephone communications good
Quotation very full and detailed
Grid connection part of installation

We got 3 quotes all were fast and offered a good product

The process was smooth, fast and reliable. We are happy with the service

Battery Retro-fit

The quote was prompt and equipment location was agreed during a site visit prior to ordering.
Approval was obtained promptly and the battery and control system was installed very soon after.
The installation was carried out professionally and in a neat and tidy manner.
The system was commissioned successfully as soon as the installation was complete.

Very Proffessional

Tony actually recommended cheaper panels which saved us over $3000 on the total cost.
Very classy and professional guys and Clint was terrific with the installation.

Good customer support and quality installation.

Quotation process with Clean NRG was very straight forward and no high pressure sales. A few technical clarifications were easily resolved over the phone with the team from Clean NRG. I selected a 6.6kW array of Jinko Cheetah 330W panels with a 5 kW Fronius inverter. They weren’t the cheapest quote I received but I liked the fact they have a physical store front and that is is local to my area. The team were also very knowledgeable and happy to answer any specific questions. They also offer after sales support and monitoring of the Fronius inverter via the online portal. Clean NRG took care of all applications and approvals and kept me informed of the progress prior to physical installation. Installation was smooth although I did take the day off work to make sure it all went according to plan. The electrical subcontractor did a neat job installing the inverter and took the time to walk me through its operation and connect it to my wifi. The panel installation was neat with some minor variation to the original quote which was based on the aerial / satellite images. Unfortunately the panel installers did leave a bit of gear up on the roof which I had to remove myself including spare and broken tiles and some tools - not a major issue though as I was up there looking at my new pride and joy anyway.

It has only been a few weeks since installation but I am routinely producing 42kWh each day from the system. Have not yet received a bill to see the impact.

Would definitely recommend Clean NRG.

Good price and service!

Good price and good service. Friendly Staff and Value for money is just fantastic

Overall great value for money

Overall great value for money and I can only recommend the company. We had a 5/6.6 kw solar system installed (3phase inverter/ solar panels). Best offer for money on the market in the top quality range and great reviews led us to engage the company. Small hiccup was that our first installation team declined to install and we were asked to fork out an extra 500$. But even with the additional 500$ the deal was still outstanding. The second team installed without any glitches. Very professional. Even extra help coming to the house again to set up the software. So excellent customer service. I can only recommend this company.

excellent customer service

Clean NRG provided very good information up front. Highly recommended.

Very happy with the work

Very happy with the work. Not the cheapest but certainly happy that Clean NRG are going to be around for a long time for any after sales service we might have.
Very friendly staff and easy to deal with. Very knowledgeable, did not do the 'hard sell' and I felt comfortable calling back to ask all of my questions.
Craig was great to deal with and the solar package with engineered to suit our needs.
Clean NRG were very helpful on the phone about explaining the differences of systems and panels. Not pushy but very knowledgeable.
Tony and the team have been excellent to deal with when we recently had solar panels installed in our new build. They were extremely informative and also dealt direct with our builder to make it a seamless installation and we are thoroughly impressed with the system, their service and of course the savings we are seeing in our power bills. Definitely recommend them.
Returned to purchase a new system in 2018 (home in Central Wheatbelt) because of quality of service, personnel, products and advice. No hard sell. Genuine people, genuine advice.Quality service, Fantastic response when existing system on Perth property failed recently (Jan 19). System was installed 8 years ago. Inverter System Very happy to recommend Clean NRG to others.
I hired Clean NRG after comparing the quotes from two other providers and talking to them. Tony was the most convincing and helpful person. He got the necessary approvals in no time and visited my property before sending in the installers. The installers came exactly at the time they had informed me and finished their work in less then 3.5 hours. They were very professional, respectful and knowledgeable. Did a very clean install without damaging anything. Tony followed up the whole installation process personally. I strongly recommend Clean NRG for your solar installation in WA. They provide the best service and the lowest comparative rates.
Impressive, very good!
Good service with no high pressure sale.
Clean NRG give good service, good price, value for money and very friendly and give lot of information about the solar.
As a very fastidious, demanding consumer, I am very pleased to give Clean NRG the highest possible consumer service rating based on my personal experiences with their company. From my first contacts with the marvelous, highly professional, competent and friendly reception staff, who have always gone out of their way, on numerous occasions, to assist me, to the technical support, sales staff and project managers, I have an outstanding regard for the exceptional business practices of this company. Their competence should leave many other companies embarrassed by comparison and I often use my exceptional experiences with the Clean NRG team as a model of appropriate behaviour that other companies should try to emulate. Well done Tony and your team and I look forward to many more years of high quality liaison with future Solar projects. David Mayes - Edgewater
Craig at Clean NRG was fantastic! No pressure selling or unnecessary add on's. The installer was fantastic, and very happy to answer my questions. Has been a stress free experience and I will certainly be using them again. Thank you so much!!
Having used Clean NRG to supply & install two solar systems on two of my properties, I'm extremely pleased with their honesty, professionalism and quality products.
Too early to say yet because of only recent inverter installation (as to performance) but my experience with company contacts has been excellent.
Quote was for 15 panels. Installer said that cannot be done due to regulations. Max 14 panels. Sales person lowered price fairly. Was a little disheartened as I wanted to 'oversize' panels but has been satisfied with performance so far.
Very professional and thoughtful service by everyone involved from NRG. Thank you.
From start to finish - no issues. My third or even fourth attempt to get solar power due to issues with other providers. With Clean NRG, from sales rep to installer and after sales service it was a breeze. Thanks to the whole team!!
Great service from quotes through to installation, thanks so much Tony,Greg and Lee.................Cheers
Thoroughly recommend clean nrg Great service and product supplied
Excellent professional service from start to installation. Product knowledge excellent. Was such a pleasure to deal with all concerned especially Tony and Gregg.
Clean NRG were recommended to us by Solar Dwellings. They were good to work with and we have not had any issues. Happy to recommend.
Firstly a rave about solar. Aside from Synergy setup costs, a 19.7% return on our investment so far. While the decision to install solar was a big one for us, knowing those panels are up there provides everyday joy. As for Clean NRG, this is a company who all other companies would do well to emulate. Knowledgeable, genuine, thorough, willing, professional. It has truly been a pleasure doing business with them.
Good service, national rated company, neat install
Our experience with Clean NRG started off great. We did our research and they came up as being one of the better installers. We had a quote done about 6 years ago and were told, due to our roof pitches and the buildings around we would struggle to get a viable system. However, we thought we would give it another go, given advancements in technology. My partner explained our concerns to Tony very clearly from the start, a number of times we requested that someone come out and get on the roof to do a measure up before proceeding with any deposits, applications to synergy etc. However, after a few requests and phone conversations we were told the only way it would progress would be to send in a copy of our bill, which we did, as by now we were pretty confident with what Tony was telling us. After this point we were trying to get answers, appointments etc. but responses were hard to get. Tony eventually visited, had a look at the meter, but did not get on the roof, next thing our meter is being changed over to a new meter, still no one has gotten on the roof. Eventually someone was sent to measure up and a few days later we got a call to book in the install, by now the original quote of 12 panels (using google maps) had gone to 10 panels, but we decided to proceed. Day of installation came and by now a deposit had been paid and the installer got on the roof and after a bit of a look around told us that he was unable to install, as we could only get 8 panels and they would need to be split in such a way the inverter would not work on 1 section. After a long conversation with the installer and Tony, we were told to give Clean NRG a week to see if they could come up with a design (as in their words, they wanted to be able to salvage something). We waited for the call back, and received nothing, about 2 weeks later I called and spoke to Tony, first he denied saying he would call back and said that he was waiting on us, as we were going to modify our patio (this was briefly mentioned with the installer, however the installer advised against it as the power we would generate compared to the cost of install and modifying the patio (which would undermine the warranty) were going to result is a product we were not happy with), he then questioned whether I had paid a deposit, when I asked for a refund, and lastly, when we brought up the fact that the meter was read and changed (which we are now out of pocket about $200) he claimed Clean NRG had nothing to do with it. Yet when I called Synergy they said that the application was from a third party called Clean NRG. On top of that we were told that the guy that did the measure up, doesn't have much experience, hence the problems.
All in all we now have a $200 Synergy bill with 0 to show for it, other than frustration. I would not recommend them to anyone who has a difficult roof space to work with.
Sorry for the long post
Tony was our consultant. He was very helpful and up-front in discussing systems that would work well for us. We decided on REC panels with a Fronius inverter and are very happy with our choice. The whole process, from initial contact to completion was a pleasure. I would thoroughly recommend Clean NRG.