DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DETAILS
99% 0%
4.9

Based on 522 ratings

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (522)

Satisfied customer

C&C arrived early, good public relations in friendly and informative, continuous and tidy work output, clear explanation of details. Very impressive young men!

Great organisation allroubd

The team from initial quote, administration and installers were professional, easy to talk to, folllowed up on time and completed the job on time, within budget and to a high standard.

It was a pleasure to work with the company and all staff involved

Fantastic Solar Provider

We were very happy from start to finish. Don was very helpful with everything, he answered all our questions in detail and addressed our concerns with minimal effort. He listened to what we needed and designed a system that was suitable for us. Nothing was a bother for him or his office staff. The installers were punctual, tidy and polite. Everything was explained when finished. We would highly recommend them for Solar and any Electrical needs.

Great solar install

Thank you, Finn Peacock and DQ Solar. Seeking 3 recommendations from Finn and then obtaining the quotes was seamless. I didn't know where to start looking for a genuine solar company and quote, as there are a lot of cowboys out there. The quotes came in promptly. Meeting the DQ Solar senior solar sales rep at my home, made up my mind for me. The communication was clear and concise, and the quote was the best price. The two young installers were on time, safety conscious, and professional. The system starting producing power immediately when completed, which was visible through use of the app. I was very confident with my choice from the start of the process, thank you

Excellent service and advice from DQ Electrical Pty Ltd (South Australia)

Really great experience with DQ Electrical Pty Ltd - great advice in terms of the best set-up for our house and farm, the whole process ran smoothly, and the installers were great

Original Review on 28-03-2023:

Seamless install

My dealings with the company were very responsive, commentating and helpful. The installation was properly done and the workmen were very helpful and cheerful. I have no complaints in my dealings with the company. Original ratings

10 months later we asked Kym: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great.
I use it to charge my EV car. I pay almost nothing to charge the car if I set up the charging period during 9am to 4pm.

Awesome customer service

Awesome customer service thoughout the entire process, professionalism of members were outstanding.

Professional Outfit

Of the three quotes I received, DQ Electrical was the only company that said we would need 3 Tigo optimisers for the system to work at its most efficient because of the layout of the panels. The guys who installed it were all professional and did a very neat job. The sales guiy, Nathan is extremely knowledgeable and you can tell he is passionate about his work

Solar installer

I found that QE Electrical were polite ,gave us a quote as what I needed, booked a time for installation, they were prompt at arrival. Installed in quick time and explained how it worked. Very pleased.

A great experience!

I chose DQ Electrical to install a 10.56Kw solar system.
From the initial phone conversation, to the site visit and then installation- they couldn’t have been more obliging, informative and friendly.
The crew of 4 who did the installation were fantastic. They were all friendly, helpful, good humoured and worked so hard on a day that started at 7am and didn’t finish until 5.45pm! (And they were still smiling at the end!!)
When there was a glitch the following day with the consumption monitor connecting to my app, they were onto it right away and came and sorted it out on the same day. (it wasn’t their fault)
The admin staff on the phone were great, super helpful and very efficient.
I highly recommend DQ. At every step they were excellent :)

Very good customer experience

We were recommended to go to DQ Electrical by friends of ours. We told DQ what we were after, and they gave us advice and multiple options on the best system for us.
It was a very easy and informative process.
We decided to get a 10.5kw solar system.
We did look at other companies and DQs pricing was quite competitive.
Once we had booked in a date. They organised for SA Power networks approval and for our energy provider to set up our smart meter.
They kept us informed through every step.
Their installers came and were very professional putting everything together and showing us how it works.
We are looking and getting a battery installed in the next few years and would definitely use DQ again.

Prompt Comunication & Service

Everyone I spoke with from DQ Electric was polite, answered any questions I had and kept to arranged schedules. The installation is tidy and had all of the benefits promised while pitching the system.

Excellent

Our experience with DQ Electrical was seamless from first contact through to having some questions answered post-install. Nathan was fantastic with providing quotes, explaining the pros and cons of our various options, and doing a site visit to inspect our tiled roof before booking the install – he was quick to respond and helpful throughout. Josh and his team carried out the install with a minimum of fuss and from what I can see, did a very tidy job. They were on time, polite, and left no mess behind.

I highly recommend DQ Electrical to anyone looking to install a solar system.

DQ Electrical,great company, excellent service

introduced to DQ electrical thru a friend after getting the run around from other businesses and had a seamless operation from quoting to installation
Installers were punctual
This is a new build installation on 2 storeys on slight pitch flat roof so presume the rooftop is as neat and tidy as the inverter and electrical to switchboard. The company will come back and go thru the workings of the system once we move into the home.
The build was slow so installers had to wait a few months which was appreciated
The office staff cannot be faulted as well.

Excellent service, staff, products, install, and performance.

DQ listened to exactly what we were trying to achieve, gave excellent advice on the products and design of the solar and battery system they'd recommend, and had a good on-line quoting system that made the process really easy.

The installation happened earlier than expected, and their team were really friendly and excellent at communicating what they were planning on doing each day of install. They took the time to talk us through the best options for minimising the disturbance to the exterior of our house, and they matched the colour and style of the cable trays. This made the install process as painless as it could have been.

After install they got in touch to make sure that everything was running as expected, and the system has been producing exactly the output we expected from the initial quote.

Stella Service with a smile :-)

Steve’s quoting process was great & you could tell straight away his solar technical knowledge was good, with him being an ex-solar installer.

The team of boys who did the installation were very thorough & clear in their communication with us.

We thought we had to wait a week or 2, after the installation, before our new solar system would be live but she was up’n’running before the DQ guys left.

Great staff and service

After getting 3 quotes I chose DQ electrical. Steve was happy to come and view our home and answer all our questions. The install team arrived on time and Michael talked us through each step and was very patient explaining our options. His team cleaned up afterwards while Michael explained how the system works and showed us how to monitor with the app. I found the office staff polite and helpful. Happy to recommend.

Great service and neat installation

We were referred to DQ through our neighbour. We wanted a company whose installers are employees (not sub contracted). From the quoting process through to installation, it was a seamless install. 3 electricians from DQ worked on our site for 2 whole days. Our job was difficult given the size of the plant and second storey with lots of cabling and tight spaces. The staff were very professional and accomodating with cable layout and on-site questions etc. We could not be happier with the end product. A 13 kw SUNGROW solar system and 16kw SUNGROW battery. Well done DQ on a fantastic installation and system. The systems also included 32 amp cabling provision for an EV fast charger. We would definitely recommend DQ Electrical.

Great job. Great customer service.

Nothing was too much trouble. Nathan attended to every detail and he was always very timely with getting back to us and responding to all the questions we had. We got thermal hot water too which is working like a dream.
Installation is a complex process with coordination between electricity suppliers and installers etc but thankfully that all went according to plan too.
Follow up has been great too.
Really glad we found DQ Electrical and I hope they do well.

Leabrook

The quote at the time was done within my expected time frame. The installation was done with a lot of care. The guys were very careful with everything and were exceptionally clean. They took photos of the roof before the installation and told me about some cracked tiles which I had no idea about. They really went the extra mile in service.

First class service. High quality product.

Every step of our solar panel and battery installation met or exceeded our expectations. The initial quoting process was detailed, informative and several options were presented; most importantly the salesperson took the time to visit our home to accurately assess our needs and to determine the most workable installation options. Installation was scheduled promptly and each of the 4 installers were pleasant, polite and professional. Excellent service and communication have been key features of our experience with DQ Electrical thus far.

Absolutely fantastic

DQ were brilliant, they took the time to explain the system and answered many questions in the process, that was before sign up!!! Once we signed up they were very helpful in explaining the steps involved before installation. The quoting was great along with the quote was extensive information which we appreciated. The two guys that installed the system were brilliant young guys who were prompt, polite, helpful and very hard workers. They very patiently explained the system and we couldn’t be happier. We highly recommend DQ to anyone looking to install solar.

What a great company

Outstanding service, Simple quoting process.
Don and his team did an amazing job!
Efficient from the first phone call, right through to completion of my panels.
A great family run businesses, I highly recommend them.

Professional and reliable!

Job done on time, as requested, for competitive price and perfectly timed for the build of our new home! Thanks DQ Electrical!

Professional and quality install second to none

Don was extremely helpful with the whole process from the first quote right up to the install. The installers Josh, Callum, Michael and Cam were extremely professional, tidy and friendly which ticked all the boxes for me. They were also very informative which truely put my mind at ease! I would highly recommend DQ for any solar and battery needs.

Flawless Install

Ben was extremely helping and informative during the quoting process. The boys on site, Callum and Michael, were very impressive, easily the best tradesman I’ve ever had at my house. They were very efficient, respectful and their workmanship was outstanding. Would highly recommend this company to anyone that is interested in solar and batteries.

Solar Experience

Sales representative Brian explained the possible systems that would suit our needs without pushing for the expensive model and allowed us time to settle on the system that would be most beneficial for us.
The install team were excellent, very polite, explained the install and the app which monitored the inverter extremely helpful.
As the install was happening I was receiving the various emails for our STC scheme form, energy provider reconfiguration and earlier the approved Embedded Generation application approval, we didn't have to do anything DQ Electrical completed all necessary paperwork for us.

Excellent product and service

We recently had a solar system installed by DQ Electrical, Ben was informative and guided us through the whole process, the installation went without a hitch and we were pleased with the service from the outset. Would definitely recommend having a chat with the team if your looking at Solar!

Solar system

- Professional team
- Prompt service
- Promised a great install and delivered ..

Exceeded expectations all the way!

Re-reading this review, it seems too positive to be true, but I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say.
At every point, from initial contacting response to our enquiry through Solar Quotes, through to negotiating the choice of components and providing background information, arranging installation dates, prior site inspection, installation and handover, DQ Electrical was thoroughly professional.
Brian was unfailingly responsive, patient and well-informed, and there was no hard sell involved.
Front office follow-up from Tara and Abigail was courteous and reliable.
Ben was clear and courteous in his initial contact regarding installation, and the assurance that everything would be checked with us before proceeding gave confidence.
Michael, Josh, Harrison and Patrick worked like a well-oiled machine to carry out the installation, the clean-up was exemplary, grid connection was done, and we were briefed properly at the handover point.

All communications were courteous and patient, and we appreciate the fact that we are invited to contact DQ at any time if we have questions or problems.

The 6.5 kW panel and 9.5k Battery system was installed yesterday, switched on at 4pm, and the battery was almost fully charged by the end of the day (mid -October). Today we are already feeding into the grid.

While it is too early to comment on the reliability of the system, all our contact so far gives us confidence that we are dealing with a professional and trustworthy company, whom we would recommend without hesitation.

Fantastic service

Don and the team and DQ electrical provided an excellent service from start to finish with an extremely knowledgeable team i felt confident I was getting the best solar system from my needs. The team did a first class job with the installation I highly recommend!

Excellent customer service. Professional and value for money.

DQ have been a professional in all dealings. Have been very helpful in the design and their recommendations for my needs. Excellent company to deal with in all aspects. Worthy of the 5 stars!

Excellent Service and Product

Sales/Quoting process - Explained exatly what I would need to achieve the desired goals and offered multiple products and pricing for the budget I specified. The company went above and beyond giving me all the technical data and information I requested in a very timely manner.

Installation - Accommodated for when we wanted the install to happen team was very flexible as I had other trades working on the roof. Communication was excellent and installation seamless and hassle free. Barely noticed they were up there!

Customer Service - From start to finish I couldn't recommend a better company for a solar install. I spoke to other Solar companies for quotes and DQ ELECTRICAL PTY LTD was unmatched in professionalism and knowledge not to mention they weren't pushy and forceful with their product.

Solar Installation

Great customer service, friendly and polite installers, recommend DQ Electrical needing their services.

Highly Recommended

Installed a 26 panel 10.79 kw system .
An excellent experience with DQ Electrical from the initial consultation to install.
Thankyou to Don and the team

Very good service. Really polite and very good workers. Great value. Would recommend them to anyone

Really friendly, great service good workers. Would definitely recommend to others

100% recommend

Professional team and quality installation, made everything very simple and easy to understand. Thanks Westy and Harry for a quality job.

Fantastic Installation!

We were so impressed with the whole process.
From quoting, to pricing, the installers were professional, polite and helpful. The after sales service outstanding.

Efficient & great customer service!

Dom & his team were easy to deal with. Quote was fair and reasonable. Our builder required installation within a specific time frame and they were punctual and tidy.

Great Service and Expereicne

I am absolutely thrilled with the outstanding service provided by DQ Electrical. From the moment I inquired about their services to the final installation, every step of the process was seamless and professional.

The team demonstrated an impressive level of expertise and knowledge about solar energy. They took the time to thoroughly explain the benefits of solar power and customized a system that perfectly suited my needs and budget.

The installation crew was punctual, efficient, and super friendly. They went above and beyond to ensure everything was set up correctly and took the time to educate me on how to monitor and maximize the system's performance.

Since the installation, my energy bills have significantly decreased, and I'm proud to be contributing to a more sustainable future. The quality of the solar panels and equipment used is top-notch, and I have full confidence in their durability and longevity.

I would recommend DQ Electrical to anyone considering a solar energy system. Their professionalism, expertise, and commitment to customer satisfaction are truly unmatched. Thank you for providing an exceptional experience and helping me take a significant step towards a greener tomorrow!

Absolutely satisfied

A very professional outfit. Courteous, efficient and not to mention a lot of tradesmen to get the job done quickly

Friendly professional service

Complete service, visited us twice to discuss the details. The explanation about the technology was fantastic. Installed without any fuss.

Great experience from start to finish

From start to finish the process was made very simple & informative. All relevant information was provided and all questions answered patiently. The installers were more than punctual and finished the install very quickly. They explained the system and the monitoring software and left everything very clean.

Couldn’t recommend DQ Electrical more

Great Team and service

Just had solar panels and battery installed and had great service from quote to istallation. The team answered all my questions to satisfaction and discussed options beforehand. I also got a follow-up call about 1 hr after installation from the office to make sure there were no issues with the installation team. Installation team were friendly and they happily answered my questions on the day.

Hassle Free

Three days after the system is up and running, can hardly comment on its performance, but the installation appeared very professional, and the monitoring system the sparky installed on my smartphone is so easy to understand. All good so far.

Professional, Efficient, Friendly

DQ Electrical were recommended to me by a couple of people. From the start, they were easy to deal with, helpful and practical. The products were quality and they didn’t try to oversell. Can’t praise the installers enough, exceptional job and very approachable.

Fantastic solar panel installers.

The process in identifying the recommended solar capacity in our property based on the usage electricity load, the roof configuration, trees in the surrounding areas and others were all factored in by Brian. Then Brian provided me with 3 different options to chose from.
The team of Joshua when installing the panels were punctual, polite, tidy and friendly too.
Customer service? I have no questions how proactive they are, they organise the grid connection before the solar panels were installed and they keep informing me with regards to the status of the installation process.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical to anyone who is considering of installing solar panels to their property.

Very satisfied solar battery customers

The quote process for our solar battery was excellent with Ben coming to the home and talking us through the options, where the battery would be installed and how the battery would benefit us. He instilled trust in the company right from the outset.
They kept us informed of necessary matters and various approvals.
The installers arrived when scheduled and attacked the task calmly and systematically. While one guy did the battery side of things the other tended to the reworking and rebuild of our meter box and circuit breakers.
Work all came together in the one day to see our battery connected late afternoon. Packing up was clean and tidy taking all mess with them.
Thoroughly recommend DQ Electrical for solar battery installations.

Smooth process and great customer care

I received all the information that I needed before proceeding with the installation.
The crew was very good and they completed the job in time
I received a call back from the customer service representative to make sure that I was happy with the installation and with the whole process

Amazing customer service and installation

The process was made smooth by Nathan who helped me pick the right option for me and my house. The install crew were very efficient and super polite. Overall, great customer service and I would highly recommend DQ Electrical to everyone.