DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About DQ Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
DQ Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 99 167 806 733  ABN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
ACN: 167 806 733  ACN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 274201 Dq Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $12,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At DQ Electrical, we specialise in renewable energy technologies. We work with home and business owners across Adelaide to tackle one of their biggest problems – a growing electricity bill and, instead, generating their own energy.

Family owned and operated, DQ was founded by Don Quattrocchi in 2009. The business has grown from sole trader to a group of creative, professional electricians that homes and businesses can rely on.

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Helpful and smooth installation

Installers were polite and punctual. Great customer service and was organised

Answered all my questions and explained to me very thoroughly

Great Installer, professional, polite and informative

- Sales/quoting process was seamless. Informative and able to provide all details and answer any questions.
- Installation was great. Work men on site were polite, clean/tidy and punctual. They were also able to respond to any questions I had.
- Customer service also great. They have assisted with the answer questions for grid connection and advise if there are any issues or further questions to call. So far so good.

Easy process via direct referal

- Company came recommended from friend of a friend (who has a DQ installed system)
- Maddy (customers service), Matt (Sales), & Rev (Installation) all very professional and courteous
- Quoted 3 options. No pressure throughout sales process
- Communication was excellent throughout
- Deadlines adhered too
- Installation straight forward with no hiccups
- System up and running!

Well done Don and his team

After receiving 4 quotes for solar I decided to go with DQ Electrical. The whole process from start to finish was without any major issues.
The quote was very detailed.
Don explained the quote and process in detail, communication from all the staff was very good , any questions I had were answered.
Installers arrived on date and time specified, were polite, worked well as a team, tidied up well.
Don visited site on day of install to make sure all was ok.
Installers had to take photos of work done
All necessary paperwork for SA Power Network and Energy Retailer was completed promptly by DQ Electrical
Very happy with the way the system looks on the roof and the quality of the work.
Received phone call day after install for any feedback on the install
Looking forward to the benefits of the investment.

Highly Recommend DQElectrical

DQ Electrical have an amazing team working together. They were competitive on price, full of knowledge and totally professional.
From the first phone contact I was impressed by the friendly helpfulness of every one I spoke to.
Ben was so patient and friendly, he explained the different solar options and how they work on several occasions, never once making us feel like idiots for asking the same things over and over.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, we had to change the date of installation twice, which they accomodated without complaint.
Maddy in admin was always friendly, helpful and pleasant to speak to on the phone. Messages were always passed on and Ben always got back to us quickly.
The team that installed the solar, Rev, Jackson and another lad whom I unfortunately did not get his name, were all so reliable, professional, friendly and courteous, it was a pleasure to have them working on our house.
Rev explained everything before progressing to ensure we understood, he helped us set up the app on the phone and showed us how to read the reports.
It was a real pleasure to have such nice people working around our home.
The whole process from start to finish was smooth and hassle free.
I would definately recommend DQ Electrical to anyone thinking of getting solar.

Fantastic

From quoting to instalation everything went smoothly & they organize everything. Guys were professional, polite & friendly. Woud recommended DQ to friends & family. Show additional information

Recomended Company

Fast and friendly customer service. The intaler were punctual tidy and loves to drink beer. All in all very good company, Recomended to evryone. Show additional information

Highly Recommended

I knew as soon as I received the quotes through Solar Quotes that I would be choosing DQ Electrical. Their quoting was head-and-shoulders above the others - easy to understand information, fair prices for different options, and they were a local company. Then COVID-19 arrived on the scene and I pushed back the decision for several months. Eventually, I asked DQ to re-quote which they did promptly and I chose one of their systems.

The whole process from quoting to installation, to customer service/admin, was professional, polite, punctual and painless. The system is now working well and we are very happy with it.

I highly recommend DQ Electrical as a solar installer.

Fantastic Service from Start to finish

I will start with information and getting options on systems, Ben was so helpful pricing and giving help on best system for our situation , Thanks Ben.
We were kept in touch all the way through wait to installation by Maddie (or Close) including after installation.
What a pleasure it was to have the team guys who did installation, all smiling and happy to work together and do anything to make customer happy and informed.
Left everything clean and tidy.
Very Happy and system is working fantastically

Best value for money system in Adelaide

I wanted a quality solar system which would remain effective over time but I couldn't afford a top of the range system. I was hesitant about getting a system for my house because the roof is partially shaded but Ben (the consultant) was able to clearly explain the different types of systems available which can alleviate a shade issue and articulate why he recommended the system which best suited my house.

The work on the day was brilliant. Not only was the system installed promptly by qualified electricians who knew what they were doing, when they were testing the system they picked up that one of the earth wires to my house was faulty and called SA Power Networks who came and repaired the wire. That they were able to explain exactly what was wrong in technician speak to SAPN probably saved a significant amount of time as they were able to clearly identify the issue. Once it was repaired they came back and switched the system on. The office staff were also great, helping me get the system on to the grid.

It should be noted that the price I paid also included a new switchboard. The one I had was the original one to the house (1974) and needed to be replaced.

I have no hesitation at all in recommending DQ Electrical to anyone who is looking for a solar system, or indeed any other electrical work.

Fantastic Installer, AMAZING TEAM

Following the initial consultation, I found the team at DQ Electrical Pty Ltd to be very supportive and informative.
FinancialOptions were available and easy to apply for.
Comparisons of various systems were supplied to assist with decision making.
Smooth and seamless installation. The team were punctual and delivered on all promises. I can and will highly recommend the team at DQ Electrical Pty Ltd for all future installs to friends and family.
I was shown how there system works and how to troubleshoot (if ever required (in layman’s terms)) and was assisted in setting up App.
The team very tidy and I can’t say an negative thing about my whole experience. DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Should be very proud of their team.

Where do i start

I cant speak highly enough of this company DQ electrical and particularly the top dog who runs it, "Big Don".
I could go on and on, but ill cut to the chase,
If you want a company and leader that is switched on,
You got to choose "DQ electrical ".
If you want a high level of professionalism, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want peace of mind, knowing your back is covered, choose "DQ electrical",
If you want a great and tidy install, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want top installers, that know there craft, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want a fair and honest price, choose "DQ electrical".
If your on a budget and want options, choose "DQ electrical".
If your after a business that are not overpowering, choose "DQ electrical".
If you have any questions, no matter if you think the question may be silly or how many times you might ask a question, choose "DQ electrical".
if want a company that will work with you to achieve an end result you want, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want an over all relaxed and informative solar experience, you really got to choose "DQ electrical". uhhhhhhhh!
if you want biscotti, mmmmmmmmm then don't choose DQ electrical.
Hang on, did i say id cut to the chase ?
DQ electrical and Big Don,............ a company and person i trust and recommend.

professional, quality and cheap.

We bought the highest quality panels and inverter as we want the system to last for 25+ years (hence the system price). After getting quotes from 5 different companies we found DQ Electricals quote to be the most reasonable for the 6.6kw system with LG neon 2 350w panels and a fronius 5kw inverter. Their customer service was great, they were helpful and easy to deal with. Having different options quoted, questions answered and information provided was no problem.They came when they said they would and did the job to the standard we expected. The workers left my drive way cleaner than it was before they arrived.

Its unusual for me to give a 5 star review but I literally have no complaints. I would have no problem recommending them to friends and family.

Job well done !

Instillation was moved forward 2 weeks and the job was done all in one day ! Weather was on our side ;)

Plenty of communication and after service chats . System is up and running great !

Good group of lads and cleaned up nicely after the job !

First class service

All the process from quoting to installation has been a good experience. Staff know what they are talking about and do not press a sale. Patience was also demonstrated (as they explain and re-explain). Good and opportune communication including from admin staff. Punctuality, politeness highly appreciated. They cleaned everything after installation. Follow-up and support from admin staff with paperwork and installation of app. Show additional information

Premium Quality, Exceptional Service and Great Value

I was looking for a solar installation that would maximise the use of our available roof space at the right price point. Not all of the installers I approached understood that, but Ben from DQ Electrical did, quoting installation of a panel that was shortly to become available in Australia that would be the perfect fit for our roof. Their quotes are professionally laid out, easy to read with all the details and concept plans so you know exactly what you are getting upfront.

Ben was very professional, and on the site visit to confirm the details, he suggested a change to the location of the second array that would vastly improve the aesthetics of the installation with minimal impact on performance.

The installers were prompt and friendly, answered all my questions, and were very professional in their manner.

Our installation did suffer some delays outside the control of DQ Electrical (due to the SA 3-day Covid lockdown), which delayed the arrival of the panels and necessitated an additional half day to complete the install. The admin staff kept me informed throughout and the install team worked a Sunday to make sure our delay was minimal.

In the future, we intend to connect a battery to our 7.7kW installation and it will be an easy decision where we will go to complete that upgrade. We are very happy with the quality of DQ Electrical's work, and would highly recommend them.

Great Service and Install

Great communication throughout the process and easy no fuss installation. Show additional information

Superior service

Right from the start I was well looked after. The response was quick and the communication excellent. Ben very clearly explained the solar process and quoted on a system that was suitable for our home with clear information and honest advice. The information I was sent explained everything in simple terms so made it easy to select the right system.

The installers arrived on time and were all very professional and friendly. They happily answered all my questions amd left the premises clean and tidy
At the end of the install they explained how the system worked and made sure I could access all the information about my inverter straight away.

I could not be more happier with the professional and friendly service I received not just from the sales team but also from the admin team and installers and I would gladly recommend DQ Electrical especially to those who may be confused about the mechanics of choosing the right solar system for them.

I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for solar In Adelaide.

Ben and team are top tier professionals

Ben and Lilia ensured that the service was attentive and personalised from start to finish.

The DQ designer knew exactly what I wanted without me having to tell them.

Ben recommended I delay consideration of storage until the Solar Analytics has at least a year's worth of usage data. I couldn't believe how fast he diagnosed and solved potential issues in his head just from a photograph, months before the install day.

When my preferred brand wasn't shipped in time for install day, DQ upgraded me at no extra cost.

The installation itself started early and went off without a hitch.

No More Power Bills

System installed about a month after quote 6.6kw system installed in four hours very happy with whole process can see via app how much power panels are making would recommend Show additional information

Don the owner is very helpful and knowledgeable with regards to way he advised us about our solar, his staff are very friendly and exacting at their installation they always maintained cleanliness.

Don and his staff helped us with every aspect of the design and pricing of the system, very happy with the system. Show additional information

A Great Experience.

A great company to work with, very reactive and approachable. The process from quote to to installation was very professional and tailored to meet our needs.
The installation team were prompt and not intrusive at all.
The site was left clean and the after sales contact has been great. I would be very happy to recommend this company at any time.

Premium Quality Solar Installation

To all the staff at DQ Electrical thank you for our install of the new solar and battery system at our family home in Athelstone your professionalism is Commendable and First Class.
From the initial consultation with Ben to the finshed installation & commissioning by Minh and the workers, the follow up call from main office was all first class service.
The install was without any glitches whatsoever along with all the paperwork and certifications, the workers were tidy in appearance, polite and punctual.
Keep up the good work and I can truly recommend to anyone DQ Elecrtical for any solar needs.
Kind regards
Ralph & Annette Scalzi

First class and Professional work.

A BIG thank you to all the staff at DQ Electrical for a job well done, from the quoting and explaining the process by Matthew the sales man who came out to my house, Lilia and office staff who organised all the paper work with SAPN and my energy retailer and for the new meter to be installed i did not have to do anything, and the hard workers Nick, Josh & James who did the installation and commissioning, they explained every thing to me and cleaned up before they left,no wire or cable ties left on the ground or any other rubbish.
i thought it would be 6 to 8 weeks from start to finish as i heard from others, but it took only 3 weeks from when i paid my deposit.

Prompt, professional and polite

DQ Electrical were fantastic. They went over and above expectations, helping me source replacement roof tiles that were discontinued was a very helpful bonus. The installers were all very personable and took care to introduce themselves and all were professional and respectful.
The process was explained in a way that I could understand and they made sure to walk me through every step. I’m confident that follow up service will be just as professional. All staff from reception right through to the final step were fantastic and I recommended DQ Electrical highly.

Highly recommend!

After receiving a great recommendation from one of DQ’s previous customers, our choice was made easy. We could have gone with a cheaper system from another company but DQ’s service and quality of products are the best. Staff are lovely and very easy to deal with, communication throughout the process was excellent and the boys that installed the system were professional and so lovely to have at our home. Thanks again! Show additional information

Very Happy

Can't give enough praise to DQ Electrical for my installation of my solar battery. From the receptionist Maddie to Ben who sold me the battery and the installers, great service, quality of the job was exceptional, quick and professional. Thank you DQ. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Fantastic company to deal with A+++ from start to finish

Great company to deal with staff very professional and excellent work it is a night mare when trying to find the
right company i had spoken to a number of other installers but DQ Electrical took the time to explain the product
and what would best suit our needs. Wonderful to deal with this company should be the bench mark for solar
installations. We are looking to install a battery in the future and DQ will be doing the work for us.

Excellent company

Kind Regards

Michael & Jody

Highly recommend!

We initially made contact with DQ Electrical about 6 months prior to installation, though we had to put our Solar on hold due to other pending commitments. On our second contact they were more than happy to put to together two separate quotes for different system sizes and even notified us of the additional rebate from the government, without being pushy to sign a contract. Ben was very helpful with all of our questions, friendly and we felt he was committed to getting us the right system for our needs.
On installation day the team arrived on time, were polite and friendly. There was a slight mishap in one of the connections but they stayed back to ensure everything was completed and working correctly, they even put zip ties on our tv antenna and installed our 'Owl' deterrent to keep the birds off the roof! (awesome because it meant neither one of us had to get on the roof).
The following day I was trying to turn on the inverter with no success, I called DQ Electrical and they talked me through step by step to ensure we could start producing solar straight away.
Honestly, I couldn't recommend them enough! Their service was fantastic, I didn't feel pressured to pick one system over another and they were super patient with all my questions. Don't go anywhere else!

Good installation

Quotes and all correspondence with the company was efficient and prompt, installers arrived on time on the day appointed and completed the installation in an efficient manner. All the necessary paperwork was done by the installer together with the liaison with the electricity and meter suppliers. All in all a good company to work with. Show additional information

Good Installation

Excellent in producing a quote on a portal which showed the panels laid out on our roof with additional tabs to click on to show specs of the panels and inverters. There was constant communication and follow ups.
We decided to go for the 370 watt Trina Panels and Enphase micro inverters as we have varied shading from trees on our property. The price was very reasonable compared to other companies.
It was a lengthy install (2 days) but to be fair, our ceiling with sisalation and large aircon ducts would have been a nightmare to work in. There were a few minor hiccups but were sorted out promptly.
The installers were friendly and easy to get along with and cleaned up after themselves.
In saying that all staff, admin, sales and installers were friendly and helpful.
The office sorted out all the paper work in regards to organizing a smart meter to be installed by SA Power.
Overall I would certainly recommend this company for a solar installation.

Brilliant battery advice followed by expert installation

In 2019 we first worked with DQ Electrical for the upgrade of our 4th floor rooftop PVs from 5kW to 21kW, a project that they planned cleverly and carefully, and then carried out with great professionalism. So when we started considering adding battery storage in early 2020, it was a no-brainer to work with DQ again, sorting out the best option technically and financially. They secured the maximum $6k SA Government subsidy for us and then installed the Tesla Powerwall 2. Our apartment building houses 13 apartments, so our switchboard wiring is complex. It was a huge relief to know that DQ’s installer Minh had the expertise and patience to successfully rewire selected circuits onto the Tesla Gateway for backup purposes. The installation has been a huge success. The Tesla App monitoring is now giving us many hours of nerdy satisfaction, and is showing us much-needed time-based detail of our energy use in the building. Thank you DQ Electrical for brilliant advice and execution. Show additional information

Excellent service from friendly professional staff.

Everyone I dealt with from DQ Electrical was friendly and professional.
Don listened to what I wanted and provided me a very competitive quote.
The installers that attended on the day where professional and courteous and left the site clean and tidy.
The installation was completed efficiently, looks great and it all worked with no issues.
I would recommend them with no hesitation to anyone requiring a solar install.

Excellent from the start to the finish

The team was very helpful from the start to the finish. Ben provided me with a couple of quotes. Ben explained everything to me and he made it easy for me to understand. Troy and his installation team were efficient and clean and tidy. After the installation Troy gave us all the information I needed to download the app. I would highly recommend DQElectrical. Show additional information

Good works by DQ

We went with DQ after Don took the time to share his considerable expertise, checked our situation then ticked all the technical boxes by providing a value solution. He worked through all the options including the expensive ones, before arriving at a value 'sweet spot' for our circumstances.

The DQ installers worked well, through intermittent showers and awful weather to complete the install in the day. The install wasn't entirely issue-free but the tech's worked through these until resolved.
DQ organised the grid connection. DQ staff were at all times polite, punctual, helpful and professional. Overall I was very happy we chose DQ as our solar provider.

Very Satisfied

Very price competitive. Prompt service with good communication. Happy staff and efficient and professional installment. Show additional information

Professional & respectfull installers with a quality midrange system.

A factual & thorough sales process. All my questions were answered clearly.
Installation occurred on time and were very informative and professional.
A detailed instruction was given on how to operate the system.
Extremely happy with the service, right through the sales, office assistance and installation.

Happy customer, install could have been neater

Quotes where prompt and informative
Offered other options when being indecisive
They arrived on time and install went ok, was disappointed but the cabling around the inverter and that they drilled above inverter after install. This dust was left on top and throughout the heat sink.

Completely satisfying experience

DQ Electrical was very professional in every aspect of this installation. The components they offered are first class and the performance exceeds my expectations. The entire process from quotation through to the certificate of completion was carried out like clockwork and made it very easy for us. I am very impressed with Dons team and I don’t hesitate to recommend them for your installation. Show additional information

Excellent SA Family company

In these times we love to support local family owned companies. The service has been exceptional, from start to finish. Even installed 3 weeks earlier than expected, as they had a cancellation. Would definitely recommend Show additional information

Excellent service quick and professional install.

Quote was returned within the first day, all questions were answered quickly and accurately. All paperwork required was handled by DQ Electrical we just needed to sit back and relax. The Install was ahead of schedule, very professional happy install team that answered any questions we had. All rubbish removed and they spent whatever time was needed to properly explain the operation of the system. I will be recommending DQ Electrical to my friends. Show additional information

Great service and professionalism from start to finish. Cannot thank them enough.

From the time I spoke to Ben about a quote I was at ease with the service and honest opinion I was provided.Also knowing the company I purchased the system from were the same people who would install the unit was great.

On install day I was advised of each step and what the installers were doing and asked for my acceptance before each step of work commenced. This assurance made it easy to know both customer and company were on the same page.

Workmanship was A1 and the team worked in harmony.

Work sight was left absolutely clean once completed

well done DQ team.

fantastic works. could not ask for more! panels and inverter working very well. Show additional information

Better quoted system than other installers offered for a similar price / installed as promised - no issues - overall good experience.

Sales person and their office was very helpful and polite - couldn't do enough to help.
The installation guys were great - on time / polite / knowledgeable and very helpful
Only waiting on the fitting of the smart meter by Origin which they have already organised for us - great.

Clean, Professional and Super Company

I want to thank everyone from DQ electrical team from the installers to the customer teams members and particuarly Don the owner for the process of installing solar into our home. The members who we have dealt with are professional, knowledgable, cretaive and above down to earth due to their family roots. I highly recommend DQ eletrical to anyone looking for a mixture of excellent customer service and price. Show additional information

Professional good quality service

Excellent service and fast installation, on time great communication and friendly professional staff. Show additional information

Wonderful customer service!

Great communication from beginning to end. Professional, friendly and efficient. Show additional information

Simply the best around!!

I had a great experience with DQ Electrical Pty Ltd from initial contact to installation!

All of their workers were very professional and kept me well informed of what they were doing and when. I would highly recommend DQ Electrical Pty Ltd. The electricians Joshua Rav, Michael & Cooper were very knowledgeable and workmanship was excellent!

I could not recommend a better company for outstanding customer service and overall communication.

Thank you once again DQ Electrical!!

Great team, high quality work!

Very happy with the service from DQ, the install team were fantastic, on time and knew there stuff. High quality products for a good price. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Down to Earth

We got five quotes for our solar system. We didn’t know all that much about solar beforehand and it was hard to understand the finer detail and to compare all of the different panels and inverters that we were quoted on by different companies.

Matt from DQ was efficient in providing written quotes for four different solar systems that could suit our needs. He took the time to explain things to us and we felt he was approachable, down to earth and honest which we couldn’t have said about some of the other retailers we dealt with during the shopping around phase.

Once we settled on our chosen system (LG panels and Fronius inverter), we negotiated an agreed installation date and we found communication from DQs office to be outstanding. We ended up getting an earlier installation date and our system is now operational before it was even due to be installed.

One of the reasons we liked what DQ we’re offering more than some other retailers was that DQ have their own electricians that install their systems - they aren’t contractors. Installation day went very smoothly and we are very happy with the design and look of the system. We asked for the inverter to be installed in a specific position and this was no trouble for them.

Overall, we really appreciated the efficient service and communication from all who we dealt with at DQ. We would have no hesitation in recommending this company to others who are wanting to deal with company who communicate effectively, have quality products installed in a timely manner and who don’t have the time or inclination to be pushed around and manipulated by sales-driven retailers!