DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About DQ Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
DQ Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 99 167 806 733  ABN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
ACN: 167 806 733  ACN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 274201 Dq Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $12,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At DQ Electrical, we specialise in renewable energy technologies. We work with home and business owners across Adelaide to tackle one of their biggest problems – a growing electricity bill and, instead, generating their own energy.

Family owned and operated, DQ was founded by Don Quattrocchi in 2009. The business has grown from sole trader to a group of creative, professional electricians that homes and businesses can rely on.

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Excellent service from friendly professional staff.

Everyone I dealt with from DQ Electrical was friendly and professional.
Don listened to what I wanted and provided me a very competitive quote.
The installers that attended on the day where professional and courteous and left the site clean and tidy.
The installation was completed efficiently, looks great and it all worked with no issues.
I would recommend them with no hesitation to anyone requiring a solar install.

Excellent from the start to the finish

The team was very helpful from the start to the finish. Ben provided me with a couple of quotes. Ben explained everything to me and he made it easy for me to understand. Troy and his installation team were efficient and clean and tidy. After the installation Troy gave us all the information I needed to download the app. I would highly recommend DQElectrical. Show additional information

Good works by DQ

We went with DQ after Don took the time to share his considerable expertise, checked our situation then ticked all the technical boxes by providing a value solution. He worked through all the options including the expensive ones, before arriving at a value 'sweet spot' for our circumstances.

The DQ installers worked well, through intermittent showers and awful weather to complete the install in the day. The install wasn't entirely issue-free but the tech's worked through these until resolved.
DQ organised the grid connection. DQ staff were at all times polite, punctual, helpful and professional. Overall I was very happy we chose DQ as our solar provider.

Very Satisfied

Very price competitive. Prompt service with good communication. Happy staff and efficient and professional installment. Show additional information

Professional & respectfull installers with a quality midrange system.

A factual & thorough sales process. All my questions were answered clearly.
Installation occurred on time and were very informative and professional.
A detailed instruction was given on how to operate the system.
Extremely happy with the service, right through the sales, office assistance and installation.

Happy customer, install could have been neater

Quotes where prompt and informative
Offered other options when being indecisive
They arrived on time and install went ok, was disappointed but the cabling around the inverter and that they drilled above inverter after install. This dust was left on top and throughout the heat sink.

Completely satisfying experience

DQ Electrical was very professional in every aspect of this installation. The components they offered are first class and the performance exceeds my expectations. The entire process from quotation through to the certificate of completion was carried out like clockwork and made it very easy for us. I am very impressed with Dons team and I don’t hesitate to recommend them for your installation. Show additional information

Excellent SA Family company

In these times we love to support local family owned companies. The service has been exceptional, from start to finish. Even installed 3 weeks earlier than expected, as they had a cancellation. Would definitely recommend Show additional information

Excellent service quick and professional install.

Quote was returned within the first day, all questions were answered quickly and accurately. All paperwork required was handled by DQ Electrical we just needed to sit back and relax. The Install was ahead of schedule, very professional happy install team that answered any questions we had. All rubbish removed and they spent whatever time was needed to properly explain the operation of the system. I will be recommending DQ Electrical to my friends. Show additional information

Great service and professionalism from start to finish. Cannot thank them enough.

From the time I spoke to Ben about a quote I was at ease with the service and honest opinion I was provided.Also knowing the company I purchased the system from were the same people who would install the unit was great.

On install day I was advised of each step and what the installers were doing and asked for my acceptance before each step of work commenced. This assurance made it easy to know both customer and company were on the same page.

Workmanship was A1 and the team worked in harmony.

Work sight was left absolutely clean once completed

well done DQ team.

fantastic works. could not ask for more! panels and inverter working very well. Show additional information

Better quoted system than other installers offered for a similar price / installed as promised - no issues - overall good experience.

Sales person and their office was very helpful and polite - couldn't do enough to help.
The installation guys were great - on time / polite / knowledgeable and very helpful
Only waiting on the fitting of the smart meter by Origin which they have already organised for us - great.

Clean, Professional and Super Company

I want to thank everyone from DQ electrical team from the installers to the customer teams members and particuarly Don the owner for the process of installing solar into our home. The members who we have dealt with are professional, knowledgable, cretaive and above down to earth due to their family roots. I highly recommend DQ eletrical to anyone looking for a mixture of excellent customer service and price. Show additional information

Professional good quality service

Excellent service and fast installation, on time great communication and friendly professional staff. Show additional information

Wonderful customer service!

Great communication from beginning to end. Professional, friendly and efficient. Show additional information

Simply the best around!!

I had a great experience with DQ Electrical Pty Ltd from initial contact to installation!

All of their workers were very professional and kept me well informed of what they were doing and when. I would highly recommend DQ Electrical Pty Ltd. The electricians Joshua Rav, Michael & Cooper were very knowledgeable and workmanship was excellent!

I could not recommend a better company for outstanding customer service and overall communication.

Thank you once again DQ Electrical!!

Great team, high quality work!

Very happy with the service from DQ, the install team were fantastic, on time and knew there stuff. High quality products for a good price. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Down to Earth

We got five quotes for our solar system. We didn’t know all that much about solar beforehand and it was hard to understand the finer detail and to compare all of the different panels and inverters that we were quoted on by different companies.

Matt from DQ was efficient in providing written quotes for four different solar systems that could suit our needs. He took the time to explain things to us and we felt he was approachable, down to earth and honest which we couldn’t have said about some of the other retailers we dealt with during the shopping around phase.

Once we settled on our chosen system (LG panels and Fronius inverter), we negotiated an agreed installation date and we found communication from DQs office to be outstanding. We ended up getting an earlier installation date and our system is now operational before it was even due to be installed.

One of the reasons we liked what DQ we’re offering more than some other retailers was that DQ have their own electricians that install their systems - they aren’t contractors. Installation day went very smoothly and we are very happy with the design and look of the system. We asked for the inverter to be installed in a specific position and this was no trouble for them.

Overall, we really appreciated the efficient service and communication from all who we dealt with at DQ. We would have no hesitation in recommending this company to others who are wanting to deal with company who communicate effectively, have quality products installed in a timely manner and who don’t have the time or inclination to be pushed around and manipulated by sales-driven retailers!

Great quality installer!

DQ Electrical were fantastic right through from the quoting to the install. Don was only too happy to answer any and every question that I had and while other installers were trying to push me to upgrade to a larger system, Don explained to me why it wouldn't be worth it for me, which is one of the reason why I decided to go with DQ.

They use quality components, are competetively priced and explained everything to me every step of the way on the day of install. Have had follow up calls afterwards to make sure I am happy with everything and I have no doubt that if there are issues they will be quick to help.

Happy to support a local SA Business and would reccomened DQ Electrical to anyone wondering about solar.

Service you would recommend to your mother!

Everyone who I dealt with from DQ Electrical throughout the solar experience was friendly and professional; from the initial phone call, to the installation inspection, and resulting installation. They listened to what I wanted from my system and tailor designed what I required.
The electricians that attended on the day gave confidence that spending the extra few dollars was worth the service as they walked through the installation and ensured everything was setup to my satisfaction prior to leaving. The electricians were highly courteous and professional in their approach to the work, not once did they swear (even when trying to locate some difficult wiring) and always asked prior to entering the house, could not speak highly enough of them!

The follow up support is where the true test begins but I have no doubt that it will be faultless as I received a phone call after the installation from the head office to ensure everything was installed to top standards. They also supplied multiple contact points if I have any issues,questions so I know that there will be someone who can assist, without delay.
All in all, I am very happy with my decision and it was a stress free experience dealing with DQ Electrical, from beginning to end.

Great Company to deal with.

The sales/quoting process was exceptional. We were upgrading & replacing an old system. There was no sales pitch, everything was explained in great detail (with visiual aids on screen) & what savings we could expect to get from the different size systems. There was no pressure to make a decision then & there.We walked away knowing & understanding a whole lot more about solar systems other than just geting a cheaper electricity bill. We returned a couple for days later & placed our order.

The installation team arrived on time & were very polite & friendly. Before they left, I particulary liked that they called us out & showed us on an ipad how to interperate the information being sent to our computer from the Smart Meter to enable us to further maximise our savings by exporting more back to the grid. They left the site as they found it, with absolutley no mess for us to clean up.

I would have no hesitation in recomending DQ Electrical to anyone. A great Company to deal with in all aspects!

Smooth Installation and Value for Money

Straightforward communication with the electrician to tailor a system to meet our needs and budget.
Smooth installation process with good communication along the way as well as after-sales service.

Fantastic installation and customer service

Easy to deal with and understand as new to solar and learning about it all can be overwhelming they make it easier to understand.

Quoting and sales process was easy great customer service and following up the installation process was easy they turned up on time did what they needed to cleaned up after themselves.

Once installed they helped us hook up to the system and went through how to turn it off and on and what the different lights meant and if we had any questions just give them a call.

Very happy and satisfied with their level of customer service would highly recommend them and will definitely use them again when we build.

lower power bills

DQ electrical were efficient at organizing all the paper work with approvals. The guys installing the system were professional and had the system installed within the day. Show additional information

Professional Response

Sales process was very clear, responsive and professional
Installation was seamless, efficient and friendly
Customer Service was excellent with information and follow ups throughout the process

A wonderfully professional company

In short DQ Electrical and solar are excellent. They are to be highly commended for their outstanding customer service, expertise and professionalism at what they do.

I ended up getting 10 quotes before i settled on DQ Electrical and solar and I certainly not disappointed. They were only too happy to answer all of my questions, e and the only company to invite me down to their showroom where they proceeded to explain the whole process in detail.

On day of installation, they were on time, very clean and tidy and their workmanship outstanding. Special commendation to Min the electrical supervisor and his team who did the job.

A shame you only allow 5 star ratings because the company deserves a 10. Thank you so very much!

Excellent end-to-end experience

The quote we received was informative, offered different price options & gave us a graphic as to where on the roof the panels would be placed. It also detailed the savings to be made once the system was installed.
The installation was trouble-free - the team were friendly, polite, tidy & punctual. Communication with the office was good & they helped organise the connection to the grid. Would happily recommend DQ Electrical in Adelaide.

Professionals from start to finish.

First contact Ben gave me pros and cons and what system would help on my limited roof space.
His knowledge was spot on while others were unsure. The installers Josh, Michael and Rev came on time and explained the process of what was going to be done. Was very grateful for the Professional, respectful and eye to detail approach.
Have already recommended them to friends. Even if you find cheaper make sure compare solar with solar, like for like with DQ you get value for money thankfully I got this decision right as its a huge investment.

1st Class Service All The Way * * * * *

The installation was easy and completed in one day. The team was professional and courteous and cleaned up after themselves. They also explained how to use the newly installed system. I was very impressed with their professionalism. The customer service was also excellent and after sales follow up was appreciated to see if we were pleased with the system.
Any questions I had were promptly and knowledgably answered.
A huge thank you to Josh R, Michael, Josh S & Jamie for taking pride in their workmanship and communicating great as a team.
I have no hesitation in recommending DQ Electrical and Solar to anyone who wants an honest and reliable installer with value for money and quality products.
A credit to the Solar Industry!

Job well done

Don himself explained the Solar system in detail with aerial images of where the panels would be positioned on my roof, & the workings of the system.
Ming (Electrician on installation day) & his team of installers were professional in all areas, clean, efficient, punctual.
Ming returned to assist with downloading the Tesla & Fronius App & explained the workings.

Easy from A-Z

DQ Electrical team were very informative and helpful from start and easy to deal with. They were very polite, honest and punctual. Installation was smooth and explain well about the system after the installation. Highly recommended Show additional information

Professional install

Simple and easy quote process. No hard sell and range of budget options provided.

Installation was quick and professional. They clear talked me through what they would do and cleared any required changes in advance.

Customer service had been great. Organised the grid connection in advance of the install. Install timeline was made very clear. System was immediately generating on install day.

Great installer

Our experience was great from the quote to time of install didnt have to wait long quote was easy to understand. The installers were very good arrived on time were very friendly, they explained how the system works and how to use it. Customer service was great very polite and friendly. Would highly recomend. Show additional information

Awesome job, highly recommend

We had our solar and tesla battery system installed. The whole process from start to finish was great.
The guys took care of everything. All the staff were great, very friendly.
The Install was on time and looks great.
Would highly recommend these guys if your in the market for any thing electrical.

So glad we went local to support small business, it paid off !

Excellent tradesman, highly professional, punctual and respectful of our home by cleaning and removing at rubbish. Great customer service with a call within minutes of the electricians leaving to make sure we were happy with the install and service Show additional information

Excellent experience

We had our solar panels installed by DQ Electrical and we are very happy how the job was done starting from quotes and finishing signing the final invoice. The actual installation was very accurate and professional, despite the complexity of the roof shape. All of our questions were answered and we were connected to the grid on the same day. Highly recommended. Show additional information

A great help in the selection process.

After reading lots of information from their website I received 3 quotes from SolarQuotes. Wanting to seek more info I noticed more installers listed on Finn's page and rang DQ Electrical, right from the start I felt comfortable chatting with Ben who made sense of PV solar. Yes the decision came down to price but Ben was able to make changes that others either wouldn't or resisted to do. Installation day went smooth even though they first had to decommission an existing system, with the installation complete, electricity could be exported immediately as our meter was compatable. I also like to thank Lilia for her help during the process. A special thanks to Josh and the boys for the great installation, their punctuality and tidiness. Show additional information

1st Class Service all the Way

Once again our experience with DQ Electrical Pty Ltd was second to none.

From our initial enquiry regarding purchasing a Battery for our existing solar setup, through to the installation and after service the experience has been excellent.

All the staff at DQ go above and beyond to assist with any questions without being pushy in trying to make a sale.

On the day of the install all the boys were polite, easy to deal with and didn't leave any mess behind. Don even stayed back waiting until my meeting finished to make sure we were connected to the online App and understood how it all worked even though we don't need to do anything as the system runs itself.

When on the next day there was a beeping coming from the unit, Don was straight onto it and a simple software upgrade by the manufacturer and all was right again with the system.

We would highly recommend Don and the team at DQ Electrical Pty Ltd for any Solar or Battery system sales and installs. We couldn't be happier with their professionalism and excellent workmanship for both our Solar and Battery system purchases and installations. Thank guys!

Simple Process

Sales and quoting process was very good, unfortunately one company dragged their feet for a week and a half before submitting their quote. Installed is booked in for 23/9, so am unable to comment yet, but will advise if not satisfactory. Customer service so far has been very good. Will advise on this also after installation if not happy. Show additional information

Professional, Knowledgeable, Friendly and Focused on Top Level Service

The Sales Quoting process was simple and smooth and as I was on the move a great deal, the cell phone updates were very helpful.. Hardly needed clarifications and if I did, Lilia from Admin fronted that very well.

The installation Team (Troy, Marie and Tom - I hope I remembered their names correctly) arrived on time, were very professional, fast and very focused on a high standard of delivery. They also fronted my newbie / ignorant questions with patience and friendliness to ensure I knew what was going on. Customer Service? Excellent.

There is absolutely nothing I had to follow up on from the time i confirmed the installation to the final briefing I received after completion of final unit deployment. All communication (External and Internal) were handled by them and I was updated constantly throughout.
So a big resounding THANK YOU to the DQ Electrical team and if you want to use me as a reference in future don't hesitate.

Solar

Great company to deal with.
Very professional.
From the initial quoting to the electricians & office staff.
Highly recommended.

Knowledgeable and informative provider.

Efficient and approachable sales process with competitive quote provided.
Installation went without a hitch. Installers arrived on time and were very polite and left the site very tidy.
Grid connection had been arranged prior to install making the whole process easy and the system working straight away.
Communication throughout the whole process was professional and helpful.

Great reliable and friendly company to deal with

A great company to deal with they are friendly and prompt with their service, fantastic neat job and all worked straight up no problems .There quote was exact no hidden costs. And the blokes doing job were professional and willing to chat and explain every thing i asked.Would be glad to recommend them to anyone wanting a reliable solar system Show additional information

Repeat business for a professional company

DQ Electrical installed our solar panels a couple of years ago. We were impressed by their level of professionalism, their installation team and the quality of the panels and inverter. We decided to by a battery and again, DQ electrical impressed us with their price. Don, the company owner and his staff were all incredibly helpful in helping us make a decision about a battery. Today we had them back again, installing a Tesla Power Wall and we couldn't be more pleased. Reg and Josh provided excellent service and represented the company well. I definitely recommend DQ electrical! Show additional information

Fantastic / Beautiful Installation

Staffs from office to tradesmen are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful
Tradesmen are clean and tidy after the work

DQ Electrical - Fantastic company

Very big thank you to DQ Electrical for their amazing service.
The whole process from quote to installation the service was exceptional.
Barry who visited to give us a quote was a lovely man and very helpful.
The girls in the office where always friendly, polite and helpful and kept us informed of every step, including the grid connection
The installers did any amazing job considering the weather they had to work in and cleaned up as they went, so no mess left behind
Very happy to recommend DQ Electrical

Fantastic installers

I knew nothing about solar and DQ explains everything clearly that I could understand when doing quotes.
Install was great and it was up within 4 weeks. The guys that came And installed where great very polite and explained everything And help set up my app and connect it the WiFi. All the technical grid connection was done for me so it was hassle free.

Nice installer, nice system

We had a solar system installed a couple of months ago, and added a battery to the system last week (price/specs listed are for the combined system)

We got quotes from a few providers for the solar system. Some of them never even visited the property, and just based their estimates off pictures from google. DQ came, checked shade from nearby trees, and quoted for a few different panel/inverter options. When we compared all the quotes, two of DQ's options were in our top three.

When they came to install the solar system, things weren't perfectly smooth - we have a 3-phase meter, so they had planned to install a 3-phase inverter, but it turned out that we only have 2 phases connected (so that wouldn't work). We ended up having to split the panels between 2 single-phase inverters, which they agreed to do at no extra cost to us. Other than that, everything went well.

After using the solar system for a bit (the figures matched almost exactly what they'd told us to expect), and running some numbers, we decided to add a battery. We knew we wanted the Tesla powerwall, were happy with DQ's work earlier, and their quote was less than going through Tesla. The battery install was 100% smooth.

The right product specified and installed on time for a fair price.

The quoting process was informative and smooth. DQ Electrical had the right balance between showing interest in the sale without being pushy. The sales rep was interested in answering all questions in an easy to understand way particularly about 3 phase systems. The quote itself was clear and informative.
I decided to install optimizers on the northern facing panels. There was no pressure to do this, but the decision was made based on helpful information provided by DQ Electrical.
The installation happened on the day promised and the pre-work of approvals, etc. was professional and smooth. The installers took OH and safety seriously and communicated clearly while on site. They left no mess and provided clear instruction on how to use and monitor the system.
Grid connection went smoothly and we are getting good output from the system even during cloudy, winter days.
I would and do recommend DQ Electrical

Installers and installation

I don’t know where to begin with the installers and installation.
But omg I was so impressed, They were punctual, neat, tidy, explained everything and every step as they were going. I had to go out, they still rang me with the progress and kept me up to date. When I returned home. Installers were packing up and they stopped do they can give me a run down on his the inverter worked and what I needed to know.
I was so impressed I highly recommend the installers.
Very happy customer.