DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About DQ Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner

At DQ Electrical, we specialise in renewable energy technologies. We work with home and business owners across Adelaide to tackle one of their biggest problems – a growing electricity bill and, instead, generating their own energy.

Family owned and operated, DQ was founded by Don Quattrocchi in 2009. The business has grown from sole trader to a group of creative, professional electricians that homes and businesses can rely on.

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Excellent experience.

From the first contact with DQ Electrical and Solar we were impressed. Barry was informative with easy to understand information about DQ Electrical products and prices. The cost of the system we chose, was fair and reasonable when compared to other quotes we had requested. We were kept informed when the system would be installed, the time frame being within our expectations. On installation day two young men Nic and Josh arrived on time. They were exceptional. The day was wet and windy, not ideal for installing a solar system, but they went about their job very professionally. They were very polite, friendly and tidy. Nic could not have been more helpful. He set up everything we needed to monitor the system, also made sure we understood the procedure for the grid connection. He was patient, understanding and just a very pleasant young man. I would certainly recommend DQ Electrical and Solar without hesitation. Show additional information

Great people to deal with!

Excellent company to deal with in regards to the purchase of equipment through to installation highly recommend. Show additional information

Excellent

Very nice, very clean, very happy with the service from start to finish. Show additional information

Superb work from first contact to completion of our installation. Highly recommended.

Don and his team at DQ Electrical are exceptionally good at what they do.

Before quoting, Don came on site to make a detailed assessment, including giving much thought on how best to get PVs onto the roof of our 4-level apartment building without incurring the huge cost of a crane and street closure.

His thorough planning enabled him to give us a fixed price that met our expectations in terms of quality, performance and cost. His quote arrived promptly.

When we signed off on the project - upgrading our site from 5kW to 21kW - Don ordered a shipment of panels direct from the factory in Korea, ensuring that we install the newest and most powerful technology available for our application (52 x 405w LG panels, with 25-year performance, parts and labour warranty).

DQ Electrical gave us six weeks' notice of a firm appointment date for the start of our installation. A few days prior Don visited the site again with his foreman for a detailed walk-through of the project to ensure everything was in place for an efficient installation when his team of 4 installers commenced work the following week.

The team arrived on time on the appointment date and laboured solidly for four days on our complex and difficult job. It was a pleasure to have them on site; they were courteous, professional and hard-working. Their work is of a very high standard; all cabling is neat and unobtrusive so that the aesthetics of our building are preserved. The panels are placed to make very best use of our available roof-space.

They have connected our inverter to the internet via our building Wi-Fi for convenient remote monitoring. In the unlikely event of a system failure, they and we will receive an immediate alert so that it can be rectified promptly to minimise downtime on power generation.

Don's thorough preparation has meant that - despite the complexity of our project (5 strings connected to 3-phase power) and the height of our building - there were no hidden gotchas and no contract price variations.
It's been a rare pleasure to work with a contractor who is so skilled, thorough and personable. Highly recommended.

Very easy process.

We found DQ Electric very helpful and easy to deal with, from Barry the Solar Adviser who came out and explained everything to us, to the office staff. We received emails informing us of the process involving installation, etc. The installers were professional, informative, worked tirelessly from the moment they arrived to the time they left, plus everything was left tidy after they left. Show additional information

Fantastic company to deal with

Process was easy from the very beginning and the staff were fantastic and easy to deal with.
We are happy with the work the gang did with installing our panels and they were friendly polite staff a true asset to dq electrical

Great Installer from start to finish

From Quoting to Installation to final connection all went very good with D Q Electrical.
Would definitively recommend them to anyone looking for Solar
DQ were very happy to work with me on my exact requirements, which was adding to/adapting an existing system, when others only wanted to sell their standard system to me and didn't want to touch anything else.
They were quite happy to look at a large variety of options, both making suggestions, but also listening to what the customer wanted. They are also competitive on price, taking into account the better level of components they are installing. The install itself is not completed yet, but I expect it to be top notch

Excellent install.

On time, very efficient, neat and tidy, took every package away, helped with app info owner came to ensure everything was as it should be. Could not be happier Show additional information

Battery installation

Sale was by phone they had the best price I could find, installation was done on the arranged day and was very professionally carried out. Customer service was good they kept me informed Show additional information
We are currently overseas, but the system is to be installed on May 22. We were also mutely delighted with all aspects. We were even more convinced when a friend in the know, who has been researching solar for years for the housing community he lives in, independently decided that DQ was the best company to work through for a major installation.
Thanks so much for the amazing service you provide, Finn and team at Solar Quotes.
Ivan Christian

Great job!

Was very timely from initial quote to completed installation. Kept me informed throughout the whole process and installed the most cost effective system for our requirements.

Would certainly recommend DQ electrical to anyone that is looking to install solar.

Perfect

My solar journey was a long one. I knew nothing about it and felt completely lost. I kept seeing things like "tier 1" and not really understanding any of it. Many quotes into the process I was being called (hassled) daily by people from overseas pretending to be an Adelaide based company. Then I came across DQ Electrical. Thank God. Brian explained everything to me so clearly I actually knew what I was buying. My house build was delayed massively but DQ kept checking in every month or so to see how it was going. When the day finally came they were booked in quickly and completed the job in a single day. They then took me through the whole system in person. And followed up with a courtesy call the next day. These guys are far and away the best part of my entire house build. Professional. Friendly. Knowledgeable. Prompt. Just bloody amazing. Show additional information

Great work

Great workmanship from the guys at DQ electrical. Competitive prices. Very professional and very helpful. Would highly recommend to anyone. Show additional information
Brian came to our house extra to look what system is best for us((none of the other companis did this) Brians employees worked very hard until dark to set up the system on the installation day. Can recommend this company to 100%.Best service and best workmanship Show additional information
Sales Person i dealt with was beyond helpfull, Very informative and made everything easy for me to understand. Installation team that came to site to install were Very professional, Very courteous and well mannered, cleaned up ect. 100% will recommend company as a whole in future! Show additional information
I received 3 quotes from SolarQuotes, and decided on the people from DQ Electrical to install my system. The provided me with a top quality product at a most competitive price. Very happy with the whole process and after-sales experience from Don and the crew.
Highly recommended.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical for their competitive pricing, knowledgable sales rep and top service installation. Our system was installed two weeks after the quote was received. The installers were very efficient and polite, cleaning up as they worked. Excellent job. Show additional information
Very happy with the price, process and support from DQ electrical. The sales process was simple and clear and I could tell early on that I was going to get good communication and professional service if I went with DQ.

They did not dissapoint. The total price was similar to some bargain basement providers for the kit I was looking for but they were reliable and knew their trade. The process was easy and the quality of the installation was perfect. The installers were as knowlegable and professional as Don was from the beginning. Higly recommended.
great guys to deal with the installers were a great bunch of guys Show additional information
Awesome experience, fantastic system and great customer service! Show additional information
I did research for Inverter & panels, read solar reviews to choose installer and received more than 5 quotes from different installers. I selected DQ Electrical because they were the best. I have existing 3kw system and added 5kw system with fronious inverter, JA panel & smart meter to control the export limit.
Brian was able to come to my property and gave us a very competitive price for our system.
Don was always available anytime to answer any technical questions I had.
Don and Brian provided very valuable information and advice.
DQ Installer team, led by Regi were punctual, efficient and polite. They finished in good time and left the place spotless. They also lent me their reciprocal saw to cut some tree branches.
I would highly recommend them to anyone considering to install solar system.
Thanks to Brian, Don, Lilia, Regi & team (DQ Electrical) for stress free experience.
Very Happy Customer?
Particularly liked the frank open discussion about price/ quality at system purchase AND prompt and supportive post sales support. Show additional information
Best service and run through everything thoroughly No pushy sales tactics. Explained all aspects of our new solar system. Show additional information
Very very happy with the whole process with special mention to Andrew (Sales) and Reg and the installation team. Thank you for an easy experience. Show additional information
The young chaps were very quick and efficient , they explained everything to us about operating the system and left the house spotless.
Would definetly recommend this company.
Great service highly recommend Show additional information
Brilliant sales person & excellent installers & installation Show additional information
Just put 5 and 6kw systems on rental property's
Recommended by a mate
Easy to deal with turned up on time sorted out a couple of things that were not right on our behalf
Very easy process from start to finish
DQ also removed old panels for us. Charge was low which was great. Show additional information
Local supplier with local tradesmen excellent service good system with good warranties Show additional information
We decided to go with DQ Electrical as Donato Quattrocchi not only was a licensed electrician he also owned the company. He was a real gentleman and not a pushy salesman working on commission and seemed very down to earth and genuine. He knew what he was talking about and left us to make the decision without any pressure. Show additional information
Professional and exceptional job! Show additional information
The salesman was very professional and helpful and the company was great to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone looking to purchase solar in Adelaide. Show additional information
I had 6 quotes and this was the only company to send out a person to view the house and recommend options based on my requirements.
The salesperson took their time to explain the best options based on our electricity use and provided us with a few systems to select from.
The company was professional and the staff courteous and knowledgeable.

I would strongly recommend this company to future solar customers.
Staff very friendly eager to assist with any questions installation staff very friendly and helpful cleaned up after work done everything was explained about our solar system, so impressed with their services have given our neighbours there number to get quotes. Show additional information
Very professional. High quality product and installation. Look no further! Show additional information
Very straight forward sales process and were lucky enough to get our system installed a head of time. The guys who installed the system were great and very hard workers. They were very well mannered and just got on with the job in incredible heat. Well done boys.

Also Dan - company owner and sales person is a fantastic in his no pushy sales approach just delivered the facts and figures. He's very easy to deal with and very prompt with his contact. Service was fantastic.
Very pleased to have chosen DQ Electrical for our solar panel system. Sales, Management, Admin & Installation staff have been very professional --- and the panels, inverter & components are top quality. Show additional information
From the beginning, Don (proprietor) gave me his best price first up, so bartering didn't come into it. I already did a lot of research and his company came in on top from reviews and liason with LG (the best panels available from my research). Other competitors who also quoted on the same products came in with prices 10% to 15% above DQ's, and became quite a nuisance when they tried to match or beat Don's quote during sales pitched follow up phone calls, which were duly dismissed.
Throughout the process, Don kept me well informed on the installation process, and we opted to add a battery just prior to installation. The installation took all day, with 4 installers on the roof, and the electrician co-ordinating everything. The battery installation took an extra day with commissioning of the system, leaving me with full confidence the job was not rushed to maximize profit. The system was very complex in its final configuration, and through his direct monitoring Don made sure any teething problems in the first 2 days were immediately attended to, so we can now rest assured the system is working at its 100% capacity.
The electricians Niko and Josh were very professional, helpful and courteous in explaining the system all the way through and post installation.
All in all, a great team who have my full confidence.
My wife and I have been looking a solar systems for some time. In choosing our solar system we had around 5 quotes from local suppliers- both through solar quotes and our own market research.

Other companies confused me with a little to much technical jargon. Brian from DQ contacted me to arranging a mutually agreeable time to do an "on site" quote. He was prompt and gave a good amount of information and clarified technical specs in simple terms. He was extremely helpful with many of my questions in the lead up to and after receiving our decision to go through DQ (even when he was overseas!)

Lilia in the office was very helpful and prompt at scheduling and providing all the information needed for our meter exchange. DQ use their own employees as installers (which is great for ensuring good quality so I had to wait a couple of months for install, but all good Christmas was in that too. Confirmation was provided in the week prior to the install and all the installers arrived at their promised time.

Josh, Grant and Nick explained everything to me and clarified panel and inverter location prior to fitting them. They even removed an excess cable I had in the roof too! All fitted in a very neat and with very good tradesmanship. They every explained how to use the Fronius inverter app and cleaned up and swept all their rubbish. Don even popped out the next day to retune our aerial that was relocated at no additional change.

I am absolutely serious when I say that this is the best experience from start to finish I have had with any trades work done at my property over the years. Thank so much for everything! Will highly recommend you to anyone needing solar or electrical.
Had my solar installation this Saturday gone and both installers Reg & Josh were very lovely young men, personable, non intrusive except when required for the installation and everything tidied up at end of day. Solar up and running immediately. Show additional information
Found the whole process from beginning to end very smooth. Sales person explained everything very well. What the installers arrived , they were all very professional and polite. I was confident of a good job!
Very happy with our choice!!
Great service. The installers were fantastic. Would recommend. Thanks again. Show additional information
The service provided was excellent from the salesman, office and installers. DQ were recommended to us. Word of mouth is best advertising. They were all very courteous and reliable both very rare to find in today's business world. Highly recommend. Show additional information