DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $3,999 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (408)

Wow what a difference

From the first contact with DQ Electrical to arrange a quote to the final wave goodbye to the installers everything was completed with the utmost efficiency and professionalism.

The removal of my old, small and dated system was effected and the new system up and running with the expertise that I had been assured would happen. The advantages that I would get were explained to me and I am already seeing the benefits of deciding to upgrade to the new system
I would recommend DQ Electrical as at all times they delivered what they had promised - A professional product and team of installers

No hassle company!

Ben came to visit us and assess our needs promptly. He gave us the information we needed in a clear and concise way and answered our questions.
DQ kept us informed and assisted us with the energy retailer regarding install dates, they turned up on time, every time and the installers were very polite and talked us through the use of the inverter after the install was complete.
DQ price matched other quotes and also installed a hot water diverter in the quote.
Well done DQ for prompt, excellent service.
Doing our bit for our planet!

Tesla battery installation

DQ Electrical had previously installed our LG solar panels in December 2019 and we had no hesitation in getting them back to install our Tesla battery in September 2021. Yes we did seek quotes from other installers but DQ Electrical was the best price ($11,700) and we were confident that they would do an excellent job. We are very pleased with both the care taken in selecting the location of the battery and the finished job. The battery and it's associated app has far exceeded our performance expectations.

We Highly recommend both the Tesla product and DQ Electrical for installation.

Fantastic experience with DQ

Highly recommend the team at DQ if you're in the market for solar. After a not so great experience with another installer, Ben and DQ rode in to save the day. Ben was great and explained everything really well and never felt like he was ever trying to upsell or get the most out of us. He carefully explained the pros/cons between the different brands and ultimately left the final decision up to us without any pressure. Josh and the installation team were great, really informative and respectful. Even when they only had silver clips for our black racking (a very minor aesthetics issue), Josh came back the next day to swap them all over. Overall, really happy with the whole experience.

Highly Recommend

Highly recommend all the staff - Matthew the sales consultant was very patient with me as I asked him alot of questions / had numerous phone calls with him and he came to our house as well (our house wasn't a simple installation / tiled roof with various angles) before I decided to commit with DQ / he was not pushy at all instead gave excellent advice which helped me decide after getting numerous quotes. Everything from there ran smoothly with Lilia organising everything/ getting all the necessary approvals, the installation went well - they arrived early/on time and all done within the day. I already had a smart meter with my electrical retailer, so I just called my electrical retailer after the install to say I had solar and within 3 days it was reconfigured remotely to capture the solar which was easy and fast. You could tell DQ take pride in the whole process. Highly Recommend.

Went with DQ Electrical which was the fourth group you recommended. 2 of the first 3 were substandard at best. DQ offered the best service, price and system. Thanks for your help.

DQ Electrical were superior in all aspects and their response was excellent.

On Time. On Price. Did exactly what they said they would.

After shopping around multiple retailers, we settled on DQ. We felt they had the experience to give us what we needed within the restrictions we had. We also have terracotta roof tiles and they have a dedicated team specifically for this roof type. The workmen we very friendly, efficient and respectful. Started and finished on time. Cleaned up after themselves. Overall the outcome was really good.

Let down

After reading all the great reviews we thought our solar purchase was going to be a fantastic experience. We were disappointed and continue to be with the service and follow up, lack of customer service. Installers of the panels were great, that’s about it.

Dear Sally,

Don Quattrocchi here,

As the owner of DQ Electrical and Solar, I firstly want to apologise that you feel let down with the service. Your review is the lowest we have had in the last decade and we take our customer interaction and good customer service serious. I acknowledge that some of the installation issues should have been identified earlier and the completion of the install was delayed due to minor complications. Put simply - communication could have been better. I have had a team meeting regarding your job and we have analysed opportunities for clearer communication and have already implemented these into our process. I appreciate the overall positive comments about our installation team. We will take your feedback as a learning opportunity to give future customers the top service on all levels, that we are usually known for. Thank you again for your time in giving us this valuable feedback.

Great experience from Start to finish

DQ were one of 3 companies, recommended to us when we started researching Solar.
Ben contacted us, after our initial enquiry, and provided useful information regarding our old meter, which none of the others did. He came round and talked us through everything. Although not the main reason we chose DQ, their price was also the most competitive.
The installation and connection was very efficient. The installer, Nicholas and his team were very polite, courteous, punctual and hard working. They even went above and beyond expectations by relocating our side gate.
Finding good, honest trades can be a minefield. This is by far the best experience we have had with any trade and would highly recommend their services.

Professional and good customer service

Quotes also sought from your 2 of your recommended suppliers. All were good however DQ’s quote presentation was the best in terms of information. Cost was comparable. The salesperson was very experienced and responsive.

Outstanding Service

I recently had solar installed by DQ Electrical. The whole experience from the intial meeting and quote to the install was seemless. The team had an extremely competitive quote as well as a switchboard upgrade. All the worry was removed by their professional friendly team. On the day of install there was minimal disruption to the electricity supply when changing out the switchboard and plenty of notice given. The team of 4 installers were friendly, professional and were well drilled and got the work completed faster than I thought it would take. They showed us how to read the app and gave reommendations on appliances that use greater amounts of electricity. Their work and is guaranteed as are the panels and inverter. I now watch the app to check consumption.
One of the things that attracted me to DQ was that they are a South Australian family business so I was happy to support the home grown business as well.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical to anyone thinking of solar. They are worth having a chat to at least..

Excellent Tradesmen, very professional, great customer service

Sales process good
Great installation crew
Good to have follow up

All went well

I had a door salesman quote for a system and decided to do a sanity check from other suppliiers. DQ Electrical were recommended to me by a neighbour. Their quote was nearly half of the first quote. Everything was clearly explained and so we proceeded with DQ.
Installation went according to plan and the installers were polite and helpful. Grid was connected at the end of installation and the monitoring software was functioning. Everything went smoothly and we are happy with the system.
Our system was more expensive that the base system, as we chose LQ panels and the Fronius inverter.

Great service from installer

Very organised and knowledgeable. Fantastic service from the team too. The installer maintained the aesthetic looks of our house by placing the solar panels at roof areas that are not too visible from the front of the house.

I would recommend DQ to my friends.

Fantastic installers.

Great service. Installers were quiet and quick. Also explained the system well.

Professional and curteous.

They were professional and friendly from first quote over phone to one on one in home. Kept us informed as to progress and what to do if we had to contact our energy supplier to advise them of connecting on the grid etc. Arranged a mutual time to install, advising us of what will occur and what was required from us. Trades were polite, friendly and helpful if any questions were asked, and were patient if you didn't understand how to operate or start up etc., Cleaned up afterwards.
Definitely recommend DQ solar!

Professional, system looks great & works exactly as hoped.

Very happy with our choice to go with DQ. The quoting process was easy, we had a lot of questions & requests and the system was being added to an existing system already on our house, so it was important that they integrated with each other both visually and for our back-end reporting.
System looks fantastic, is performing really well. They answered some of our follow up questions really quickly too. Would gladly recommend them for anyone wanting an LG install.

Great install, amazing company

Quote was excellent , sales process was great.
Installation was great, tradies were amazing, great at communication, even done some extra work for me.
After sale help has been exceptional. Even added a smart meter for free.
I highly recommend DQ Electrical! Will be using them as my electricians and have been referring friends and family as they are so good.

Fantastic Company

The whole process was seamless from discussing with the sales rep, to the accounts and the installers. The 3 lads did a exceptional job installing the system, kept me informed through the whole day. They went through the whole unit, set up my web / APP so i can see whats going on. The site was left clean and tidy. I would recommend DQ Electrical to my family and Friends

Excellent

The process from initial contact to installation was excellent. Great communication, helpful, customer centred, and on time installation. Gave lots of information, answered questions

Outstanding Solar Installer

After months of research and several quotes from six different providers, I ended up choosing DQ Electrical for our installation. From the outset, it was clear that I made the right choice;
- The advice from Ben our consultant was informative and made me consider some options which others didn't even mention
- The proposal was presented on an interactive platform with all the information at hand.
- The quote was competitive with the other suppliers and DQ were able to source the latest panels from LG (NeON-H)
- The installation process was well organised and communication was excellent with the office.
- The installers (Rev, Callum, Josh and Harrison) were professional, polite and on time. I was consulted when issues were encountered and the final install was perfect. The install was neat and professionally done - everything was tidied up and all rubbish was removed. Amazing!

For anyone considering a solar install in Adelaide, check out DQ Electrical!

Professional Team

Excellent team, very professional, provided great quotes with good detail and answered all our questions. The installation went to plan and specification, with good interactions and communications at all levels. Highly recommended

Job well done.

Don followed the process from start to finish. They were punctual and professional in there approach to the install.
Don explained the process and went through the setup and workings of the system.
Answered any questions that i had and provided information on any future requirements that I may need.
Good company to deal with.
Office staff were very helpful also.?

Excellent system from a quality installer

DQ electrical (Ben, Nick and site team) were really helpful with assisting me determine the best design and products for my location. They were prompt on site and always returned my calls. The on-site works were as promised and the site personnel were courteous and did what they said they would do. I would recommend DQ Electrical for the design and installation of solar

Professional Installers

DQ Electrical have done a fantastic job with the installation.

Contacted DQ electrical and spoke to Maddy from the admin team. The team were polite, friendly and quite helpful.

I am really happy & satisfied, as Ben went through everything with me in detail. He was really patient & answered so many questions.

Above all, he provided an Excellent design for panel layout to maximise efficiency. He made recommendations on the inverter that would best be suited for a property that has some shading.

We chose the new LG Neon-H 390 Wp series, and can confirm the price for this new release was reasonable & fair.

The team were punctual & sharp on time. The installation was professionally done and completed in 2 days as planned & communicated.

Neat job with pictures provided to me for reference as well.

I would definitely rate them 5 stars for customer service. They are also accredited LG certified installers. Everything was professionally organised & done well.

After installation was complete, I got my retailer to remote access & configure my smart metre to solar with no hassles. It was set up within 4 hours.

My app. to monitor panels & inverter was set up the very next day after installation.

It doesn’t matter if it is a small, medium or large solar system. They are highly recommended and I will definitely be recommending DQ Electrical to my friends & family as well.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent Service

How was the sales/quoting process. - The price was competitive.
How did the installation go - Tidy, Punctual, Excellent
How was the customer service - Was excellent, continuous communication, great progress reporting and helped organise the grid connection after the install.

Great experience with DQ Electrical

The salesman Matt was extremely helpful and prompt to answer my questions and provide a quote on the several iterations we worked through, changing brands, system size etc.

The installation team were efficient and communicated well about the steps involved in installation. Our roof has terracotta tiles so I was concerned about breakages but these were minimal considering the job involved. The guys also identified and replaced some previously damaged tiles for me so full marks there. Due to a couple of rain delays there was a danger that our installation would not be completed by the end of the day however the owner arrived early afternoon to fast track things and he brought in other workers, once another installation was finished, so the job was completed in one day as promised!
The system is working well at this very early stage but we are still waiting for the meter exchange to finalise the process and enable us to feed in to the grid.

Brilliant system and service

We got many quotes and after a referral from a friend, decided to go with DQ Electrical and so glad we did. The professionalism, communication and work were second to none and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Answered emails in a timely manner, price was about the middle ground but found it to be excellent for the system we purchased. As it was a new build, they had to wait until handover to install the solar and come back to hook up the Solar Edge inverter to the internet and nothing was too much hassle, very accomodatinfg to our changing needs.
Great company.
Thanks very much

Great service from quotes to install

Great service, answered all my questions during quoting and gave me several solar options. Install went well with installers arriving when they told me.

Fast, efficient installation

The whole process was professionally managed and installed.
Fast, efficient installation with detail to quality of materials used

Excellent

The sales and quoting process was good. I was well informed of progress leading up to installation. The install team was professional and did a great job (neat and clean).

Professional from start to finish

By far DQE was the most comprehensive and clearly set out of the five quotes I received, with exact detail about the quoted system and what it should provide for me. On a like for like system DQE's pricing was very competitive.

Ben was knowledgeable and answered all my questions with accuracy and professionalism and effortlessly tailored the quote to my final requirements.

The installation was efficient and professional, all mess cleared up, system demonstrated and explained.

Overall I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend DQE.

Brilliant Installer

Very Professional and Organised from start to Finish. Job was completed very neat and Tidy and Tradie was very Detailed when explaining of the System

Very happy customers.

Sales quote was very thorough. Installation was quick and we did not have any problems. The installers were excellent, polite and explained the whole process from beginning to end.
Customer service was also excellent.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.
Also we were happy with the quote.

Great company

Very helpful and friendly team.
Quoting process straight forward.
Price very reasonable through Ben.
Installation without issue.
Intsallers were engaging and polite.
Overall customer service of excellent standard.

Fantastic Installation

I got a very good quote for DQ Electrical from 1st consultation to system installation is a very good experience and very friendly staff and excellent workmanship on installing the solar system.

Original Review on 28-11-2020:

Ben and team are top tier professionals

Ben and Lilia ensured that the service was attentive and personalised from start to finish.

The DQ designer knew exactly what I wanted without me having to tell them.

Ben recommended I delay consideration of storage until the Solar Analytics has at least a year's worth of usage data. I couldn't believe how fast he diagnosed and solved potential issues in his head just from a photograph, months before the install day.

When my preferred brand wasn't shipped in time for install day, DQ upgraded me at no extra cost.

The installation itself started early and went off without a hitch.

6 months later we asked Oscar: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is chugging along fine. DQ Electrical provided the full Solar Analytics service so I know for sure it's doing precisely what I expected.

Solid performance

Solid and professional performance in all categories from a well regarded Adelaide solar installation company. “recommended”

Excellent work from start to finish

After months of research, qoutes from few solar companies and reading lots of reviews I finally decided to go with DQ Electrical as they only install top quality brands (LG, Fronius, Solar Edge. Tesla etc.) with 25 year manufacturer's and performance warranty . My experience with them were fantastic very professional from start to finish. All staff are very friendly and polite. The installation team arrived early and they explained to me whole process and then Minh showed me how the solar and battery system works. I couldn't be happier about their workmanship , very neat and tidy. I highly recommended this company. Don't
look elsewhere if you're on the market for solar.

Excellent solar installation experience.

DQ Electrical was recommended to us by a friend. We'd never heard of them but trusted our friend's assessment as they had done the homework on lots of installers and were very happy with DQ Electrical experience We were pleased with the sales /quoting process which was undertaken by the business owner Don.He talked us through the reasons they use quality European panels and invertors rather than cheaper units We decided to go ahead with the quoted price. DQ has its own permanently employed electricians and installers {no subcontractors}so if there are any issues they are dealt with straight away in-house {not palmed off to the subcontractor} The installation team turned up exactly on time, they were polite, very tidy and professional and there is no better advertisement for a company than its staff. They were great. Their follow up phone calls were done straight away to make sure we were happy with the way the install went. We couldn't be happier with the whole process and can thoroughly recommend DQ to anyone thinking about solar.

Brilliant Service and Great Products

From start to finish, they listened to what I really wanted instead of fobbing me off with something I didn't want. I researched into products the properly so I had a pretty good Idea. They gave me 4 estimates from differing panels to different Inverters, All the people who I talked to from office staff, estimator to I stallers were extremely helpful, They turned up on time and explained every process,

Excellent experience

Well after being told a pack of lies by Origin Energy re solar systems I got in touch with a number of installers for quotes and DQ were chosen for their price and the quality of their system.. no dodgy crap here.

Fantastic

DQ Electrical very professional company on all aspects. Congratulations to Ben, Troy and team.

DQElectrical - The Professionals!

There is nothing that I can think of to say negatively about DQElectrical. Being a retired electrician myself, obviously I’m very particular about the quality of workmanship when it comes to my own residence, but the tradesmen that came to install the solar system exceeded my expectations. From the very beginning after phoning Don (on the recommendation of a good friend), I was impressed by him and his attitude towards our needs with respect to where the inverter and battery would be located on the premises even though it made the installation more complex, but nothing was too much trouble for Don and his staff. The installation had a few minor hiccups that were quickly addressed and rectified by fitting some RCD’s at very little expense to me which was probably something I should have already done. The installation itself is very functional, neat and tidy. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the outcome and would encourage anyone to give Don or his staff a call if they are considering a new solar system.

Very happy

We have been thinking about having a solar panel system installed for some time but considered it all too hard.

DQ Electrical proved us wrong.

From my initial contact with Maddy in the office to installation date it was not difficult at all with no surprises on the way.

Salesman Matt explained everything in a way I could easily understand, and came to my property to ensure the roof on my 2 story home was easily accessible for the installation team.

Minh and his crew did a great job on installation day even replacing a couple of broken tiles which I considered above and beyond.

Overall it has been a harmless experience and I fully recommend DQ Electrical. In fact friends of mine have just signed for a system from DQ.

Graham Kirtland

Fantastic, highly recommend!

Very happy with the entire experience. Quote process much more streamlined and helpful than other companies that provided quotes. Staff very informative and patient and polite.

Very impressed with the install - people were great, respectful, tidy and helped identify and rectify other incidental electrical issues at our property.

Very happy with DQ electrical and would highly recommend

Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

Wow! What an amazing experience it has been with DQ Electrical from start to finish. The sales/quoting process was a breeze and I was given the the best price up front for high end LG panels which I doubt could be beaten anywhere else. When Don came around for the on site quote I was instilled with confidence that I'm in good hands and have found the right installer. I have a contemporary architectural home that Don was very mindful of and he went well and truly above and beyond to ensure the installation was discreet as possible to the point he had cable trays that were required custom powder coated to ensure it matches with the house facade.

In terms of the installation, Minh and the crew were very polite, tidy and punctual. On the first day before any work started Minh double checked the work that needed to be performed, planned it all out and explained it to my wife and I to ensure we were happy with every aspect of it. I couldn't be happier with the end result as the workmanship is of the highest quality and they even exceeded expectations with how concealed the cables are.

Even the office administration staff were a delight to deal with and very organised with the paperwork and reminders for the installation etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend DQ Electrical to anyone needing a good value high quality solar installation.

Simply the best

Firstly thankyou to Finn Peacock and the team for providing DQ Electrical as one of the three "quotes"

We have a two storey, terracotta tiled roof Tudor Home.
We found out before we approached "Solar Quotes" that this is the installer's trinity of all nightmares rolled into one.
Amazingly all three of the recommended installers by Solar Quotes did not shy away from the job at hand.
Whilst two of the three recommended installers were very good we found the stand out to be DQ Electrical.
It all started with Matt. He provided us with a very informative and friendly and definitely non pressured consultation.
They are LG panel specialist however he also spoke highly of the Trina Honey M 370 watt panels which we eventually decided to go with which was coupled with a Fronius inverter and consumption monitor plus Grasol racking system.
Their price was also the best I got .
Well now comes the fun part.
It is 2:30 am in the morning and I am writing to tell everybody out there that good old fashioned service and workmanship is still alive in 2021. Hallelujah!!
I have just got back from my job and just have to tell this story.
DQ Electrical have a specialised "Terracotta" team. As described these guys are "specialists" when it comes to very difficult Terracotta tile roof installs. Especially two storey Terracotta tiled Tudor homes.
I met three of the nicest , friendly and switched on tradesmen being Josh (Supervisor)or (Rav), Reven or (Rev) and Harrison (Harry).
What an experience.
I could feel the positive energy emanating from their presence.
There was laughter and comradery whilst they worked. They answered all of my questions during
the install.
They had to redesign the array due to unforeseen circumstances and gave me options to chose.
The best of all they treated my home and the work they were doing on it as if it were their own.
They were meticulous in everything they did. These guys are the Rolls Royce.
The workmanship Ethos of DQ Electrical is second to none.
Not only elite tradesmen but all three are "consummate" gentlemen.
We are renovating this home. We have had many trades go through but never like this before.
I strongly recommend DQ Electrical to do your solar work.

Great company

Very informative and let us know important factors about shading and the type of inverter that other’s didn’t pick up.
They turned up when they said they would no delays and use their own tradies who were all friendly and well mannered and left everything tidy no mess.
The customer service was great from start to finish, would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Amazing Team-Polite, professional and efficient

The quoting process was easy and thorough- lots of options including GPS imaging of our roof and how the panels would look on completion. The install team were incredibly friendly and efficient and made a point of knocking on the door before entering when they needed to query something and made sure they were safety conscious when it came to our dog and not letting him out. They also took their shoes off when entering the house. The follow up education session was incredibly thorough, without being condescending and I felt very confident that I could manage the inverter and demonstrate to my husband on my own. The team were happy to discuss grid connection solutions but we had already organised this with our provider. Demonstration of the app and assistance to set up an account was priceless. The install team also showed us photos of the finished product including the shut off switches for maintenance staff.

All in all- 10/10 on all aspects of the process. Would highly recommend DQ Electrical- very professional outfit.