DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (422)

Professional Installer

Excellent & Professional service from the quoting to the installation stage.

Exceptional Customer Service and Installation

DQ Electrical stood out to me for two main reasons, they used quality brands and they were not pushy when it came to getting my business. The whole process from measure and quote through to installation was hassle free and I have a quality LG solar system which looks great and works brilliantly.

Excellent all round.

These guys are the best. From the sales guy, the office staff to the installers, they were all very helpful, patient, professional and polite.

Original Review on 10-08-2021:

Great experience with DQ Electrical

The salesman Matt was extremely helpful and prompt to answer my questions and provide a quote on the several iterations we worked through, changing brands, system size etc.

The installation team were efficient and communicated well about the steps involved in installation. Our roof has terracotta tiles so I was concerned about breakages but these were minimal considering the job involved. The guys also identified and replaced some previously damaged tiles for me so full marks there. Due to a couple of rain delays there was a danger that our installation would not be completed by the end of the day however the owner arrived early afternoon to fast track things and he brought in other workers, once another installation was finished, so the job was completed in one day as promised!
The system is working well at this very early stage but we are still waiting for the meter exchange to finalise the process and enable us to feed in to the grid.

9 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed close to predictions from DQ Electrical and I'm very satisfied. A few months after installation one panel failed due to damage from a stone, a bird? The DQ team responded very quickly to replace it under warranty.

Original Review on 23-08-2021:

Excellent system from a quality installer

DQ electrical (Ben, Nick and site team) were really helpful with assisting me determine the best design and products for my location. They were prompt on site and always returned my calls. The on-site works were as promised and the site personnel were courteous and did what they said they would do. I would recommend DQ Electrical for the design and installation of solar Original ratings

8 months later we asked Spiros: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Twelve months on and my solar power system is working beyond expectations. The sizing, choice of products and orientation supported by the real time app has made this system a joy to monitor.

Minh and his team did a great job, clean, no fuss, professional, punctual, friendly and explained what was going on.

The quoting process was detailed, professional and on face to face basis all questions were answered
DQ Electrical liaised with all parties and obtained all Government approvals, rebates etc
Results to date look very promising but will be confirmed when the first few bills come in

Excellent experience from start to finish.

Sales and Quoting (Nathan) was professional and was respectfully and clearly explained.
All questions were answered to my satisfaction and paperwork for SA Power Networks was completed promptly.
Installation team led by Joshua were punctual, polite and overall efficient in their trade. The team worked well together which led to a satisfactory installation. All work and handover was clearly explained which went well, even spending time to show that the online portal was working correctly.

I would definitely recommend DQ Electrical for Solar system installations.

Quality service and value

Contacted DQ Electrical for a quote after less than good service from other companies.
Excellent service, honesty and quality of work from the first phone call requesting a quote until installation.
Would recommend to my family and friends.

Original Review on 07-07-2021:

Fast, efficient installation

The whole process was professionally managed and installed.
Fast, efficient installation with detail to quality of materials used

8 months later we asked Ken: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing very well, better than I could have wanted, what is not good is how the energy suppliers are reducing the feed in tariff to a level that makes having solar panels not a wise.. investment

Worked with customer

When I got a quote from these guys they gave me 9 options. I was thinking of 3 phase with battery but soon realised that it was going to be more expensive than I could afford right now. They then worked with me to build a system which can be upgraded with battery and car charger in future.

On the day of install the 3 legends that worked on this found problems with the plan but came up with solutions and went through them with me. In the end I feel better than when i started. Really like the monitoring which didn't exist on our old system. The new system is a lot tidier than what we had before.

I hope to work with them on other electrical projects.

May the sun keep shining on my roof.

One of the quotes recommended by Solar Quotes. Friendly customer service. Installed this morning, I expected a noisey day but barely knew they were there (Apart from the sound of the drill) punctual, tidy and a lesson on how to monitor on the internet. Thank you DQ Electrical

One Of the best

I was very pleased with the quote and the salesman was very pleasant to talk to. He recommended which system and panels to use for the best results for me. The tradesmen who came to install the panels and the inverter showed me the best place to put the inverter which was in my garage next to my unit' They were really great guys I had a chat at times with them, while they fitted the system they were very polite and did a great job. You could not go wrong with this Company, or quality of their products they use. I will tell every one I meet to go to see D'Q. Electrical or call them if they are looking to buy a Solar System.

Great local firm, top service and attentive staff

I word with DQ from start to finish and frankly found them to be of the upmost professionalism and attentiveness to the work, we now have a fully covered roof on a 2 story mind you and things could not have gone smoother. From pre-sales, to office staff, site management and final the guys doing the install I always had my questions promptly answered. I would recommend DQ to anyone looping for a quality solar system.

Outstanding experience

Easy to deal with, fro the quote to the installation. Outstanding

Fantastic Product and Service

Right from the word go, these guys demonstrated a very high level of professionalism and their communications were outstanding. The Government Grant and Council process we were involved in caused lengthy delays, but their representatives showed extreme patience and understanding.

The installation team were highly skilled and very knowledgeable. They were neat, tidy and a pleasure to deal with. Any follow up communications received a quick response.

Very happy customer

Well priced, professional service. It was the consistent google reviews that got their quote over the line and I was not disappointed. The boys were polite, courteous and very respectful of my family and my property. It's refreshing to deal with tradesmen who understand the importance of high quality customer service.

All aspects of the business were a pleasure to deal with from the front end sales to the admin crew and trades.

My property is 2 storey and the difficult job was executed perfectly without bogus additional costs thrown in for accessing the second story as quoted by other company's.

Satisfied on all counts

Good experience all the way through.
Very glad I chose DQ Solar.
They scored high on every part from initial contact through the whole installation process.
Matt was my initial contact who also came out to see where the inverter would go and scope any issues.
I also commend them on their patience as we had originally planned to install just after our build but getting perimeter paving was a surprise we did not count on. No pressure there and they were just happy I was not going with one of the cheap unsatisfying installers.
I have always gone with quality so we went with 6.6Kw LG panels and a Fronius inverter. We should have years of trouble free service from it. The installation team impressed the hell out of my wife with their manner and when I came home from work, there was no evidence of their having been there at all compared to reviews of some other installers.
System is north facing with 22 degree roof pitch on a light coloured roof ( Sea mist). Super impressed with the performance.

On a "perfect" day 21 November the system produced 45. 32 Kw hours and as of writing ( 6 December 2021) has produced over 1,050 Kw hrs. Basically one month of production.

The inverter has a 5+5 warranty which is a normal 5 year warranty plus another 5 for registering it which was already done by DQ Solar. DQ Solar also organised the smart meter reconfiguration notification to our supplier. Matt was still there when I had some queries post install and I'm sure I could pick up the phone now and he would be too.

I have already recommended DQ Solar to one of my workmates who has an older underperforming system and our new neighbours asking about our system.

Job well done!

Wow what a difference

From the first contact with DQ Electrical to arrange a quote to the final wave goodbye to the installers everything was completed with the utmost efficiency and professionalism.

The removal of my old, small and dated system was effected and the new system up and running with the expertise that I had been assured would happen. The advantages that I would get were explained to me and I am already seeing the benefits of deciding to upgrade to the new system
I would recommend DQ Electrical as at all times they delivered what they had promised - A professional product and team of installers

No hassle company!

Ben came to visit us and assess our needs promptly. He gave us the information we needed in a clear and concise way and answered our questions.
DQ kept us informed and assisted us with the energy retailer regarding install dates, they turned up on time, every time and the installers were very polite and talked us through the use of the inverter after the install was complete.
DQ price matched other quotes and also installed a hot water diverter in the quote.
Well done DQ for prompt, excellent service.
Doing our bit for our planet!

Tesla battery installation

DQ Electrical had previously installed our LG solar panels in December 2019 and we had no hesitation in getting them back to install our Tesla battery in September 2021. Yes we did seek quotes from other installers but DQ Electrical was the best price ($11,700) and we were confident that they would do an excellent job. We are very pleased with both the care taken in selecting the location of the battery and the finished job. The battery and it's associated app has far exceeded our performance expectations.

We Highly recommend both the Tesla product and DQ Electrical for installation.

Fantastic experience with DQ

Highly recommend the team at DQ if you're in the market for solar. After a not so great experience with another installer, Ben and DQ rode in to save the day. Ben was great and explained everything really well and never felt like he was ever trying to upsell or get the most out of us. He carefully explained the pros/cons between the different brands and ultimately left the final decision up to us without any pressure. Josh and the installation team were great, really informative and respectful. Even when they only had silver clips for our black racking (a very minor aesthetics issue), Josh came back the next day to swap them all over. Overall, really happy with the whole experience.

Highly Recommend

Highly recommend all the staff - Matthew the sales consultant was very patient with me as I asked him alot of questions / had numerous phone calls with him and he came to our house as well (our house wasn't a simple installation / tiled roof with various angles) before I decided to commit with DQ / he was not pushy at all instead gave excellent advice which helped me decide after getting numerous quotes. Everything from there ran smoothly with Lilia organising everything/ getting all the necessary approvals, the installation went well - they arrived early/on time and all done within the day. I already had a smart meter with my electrical retailer, so I just called my electrical retailer after the install to say I had solar and within 3 days it was reconfigured remotely to capture the solar which was easy and fast. You could tell DQ take pride in the whole process. Highly Recommend.

Went with DQ Electrical which was the fourth group you recommended. 2 of the first 3 were substandard at best. DQ offered the best service, price and system. Thanks for your help.

DQ Electrical were superior in all aspects and their response was excellent.

On Time. On Price. Did exactly what they said they would.

After shopping around multiple retailers, we settled on DQ. We felt they had the experience to give us what we needed within the restrictions we had. We also have terracotta roof tiles and they have a dedicated team specifically for this roof type. The workmen we very friendly, efficient and respectful. Started and finished on time. Cleaned up after themselves. Overall the outcome was really good.

Let down

After reading all the great reviews we thought our solar purchase was going to be a fantastic experience. We were disappointed and continue to be with the service and follow up, lack of customer service. Installers of the panels were great, that’s about it.

Dear Sally,

Don Quattrocchi here,

As the owner of DQ Electrical and Solar, I firstly want to apologise that you feel let down with the service. Your review is the lowest we have had in the last decade and we take our customer interaction and good customer service serious. I acknowledge that some of the installation issues should have been identified earlier and the completion of the install was delayed due to minor complications. Put simply - communication could have been better. I have had a team meeting regarding your job and we have analysed opportunities for clearer communication and have already implemented these into our process. I appreciate the overall positive comments about our installation team. We will take your feedback as a learning opportunity to give future customers the top service on all levels, that we are usually known for. Thank you again for your time in giving us this valuable feedback.

Great experience from Start to finish

DQ were one of 3 companies, recommended to us when we started researching Solar.
Ben contacted us, after our initial enquiry, and provided useful information regarding our old meter, which none of the others did. He came round and talked us through everything. Although not the main reason we chose DQ, their price was also the most competitive.
The installation and connection was very efficient. The installer, Nicholas and his team were very polite, courteous, punctual and hard working. They even went above and beyond expectations by relocating our side gate.
Finding good, honest trades can be a minefield. This is by far the best experience we have had with any trade and would highly recommend their services.

Professional and good customer service

Quotes also sought from your 2 of your recommended suppliers. All were good however DQ’s quote presentation was the best in terms of information. Cost was comparable. The salesperson was very experienced and responsive.

Outstanding Service

I recently had solar installed by DQ Electrical. The whole experience from the intial meeting and quote to the install was seemless. The team had an extremely competitive quote as well as a switchboard upgrade. All the worry was removed by their professional friendly team. On the day of install there was minimal disruption to the electricity supply when changing out the switchboard and plenty of notice given. The team of 4 installers were friendly, professional and were well drilled and got the work completed faster than I thought it would take. They showed us how to read the app and gave reommendations on appliances that use greater amounts of electricity. Their work and is guaranteed as are the panels and inverter. I now watch the app to check consumption.
One of the things that attracted me to DQ was that they are a South Australian family business so I was happy to support the home grown business as well.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical to anyone thinking of solar. They are worth having a chat to at least..

Excellent Tradesmen, very professional, great customer service

Sales process good
Great installation crew
Good to have follow up

All went well

I had a door salesman quote for a system and decided to do a sanity check from other suppliiers. DQ Electrical were recommended to me by a neighbour. Their quote was nearly half of the first quote. Everything was clearly explained and so we proceeded with DQ.
Installation went according to plan and the installers were polite and helpful. Grid was connected at the end of installation and the monitoring software was functioning. Everything went smoothly and we are happy with the system.
Our system was more expensive that the base system, as we chose LQ panels and the Fronius inverter.

Great service from installer

Very organised and knowledgeable. Fantastic service from the team too. The installer maintained the aesthetic looks of our house by placing the solar panels at roof areas that are not too visible from the front of the house.

I would recommend DQ to my friends.

Fantastic installers.

Great service. Installers were quiet and quick. Also explained the system well.

Professional and curteous.

They were professional and friendly from first quote over phone to one on one in home. Kept us informed as to progress and what to do if we had to contact our energy supplier to advise them of connecting on the grid etc. Arranged a mutual time to install, advising us of what will occur and what was required from us. Trades were polite, friendly and helpful if any questions were asked, and were patient if you didn't understand how to operate or start up etc., Cleaned up afterwards.
Definitely recommend DQ solar!

Professional, system looks great & works exactly as hoped.

Very happy with our choice to go with DQ. The quoting process was easy, we had a lot of questions & requests and the system was being added to an existing system already on our house, so it was important that they integrated with each other both visually and for our back-end reporting.
System looks fantastic, is performing really well. They answered some of our follow up questions really quickly too. Would gladly recommend them for anyone wanting an LG install.

Great install, amazing company

Quote was excellent , sales process was great.
Installation was great, tradies were amazing, great at communication, even done some extra work for me.
After sale help has been exceptional. Even added a smart meter for free.
I highly recommend DQ Electrical! Will be using them as my electricians and have been referring friends and family as they are so good.

Fantastic Company

The whole process was seamless from discussing with the sales rep, to the accounts and the installers. The 3 lads did a exceptional job installing the system, kept me informed through the whole day. They went through the whole unit, set up my web / APP so i can see whats going on. The site was left clean and tidy. I would recommend DQ Electrical to my family and Friends

Excellent

The process from initial contact to installation was excellent. Great communication, helpful, customer centred, and on time installation. Gave lots of information, answered questions

Outstanding Solar Installer

After months of research and several quotes from six different providers, I ended up choosing DQ Electrical for our installation. From the outset, it was clear that I made the right choice;
- The advice from Ben our consultant was informative and made me consider some options which others didn't even mention
- The proposal was presented on an interactive platform with all the information at hand.
- The quote was competitive with the other suppliers and DQ were able to source the latest panels from LG (NeON-H)
- The installation process was well organised and communication was excellent with the office.
- The installers (Rev, Callum, Josh and Harrison) were professional, polite and on time. I was consulted when issues were encountered and the final install was perfect. The install was neat and professionally done - everything was tidied up and all rubbish was removed. Amazing!

For anyone considering a solar install in Adelaide, check out DQ Electrical!

Professional Team

Excellent team, very professional, provided great quotes with good detail and answered all our questions. The installation went to plan and specification, with good interactions and communications at all levels. Highly recommended

Job well done.

Don followed the process from start to finish. They were punctual and professional in there approach to the install.
Don explained the process and went through the setup and workings of the system.
Answered any questions that i had and provided information on any future requirements that I may need.
Good company to deal with.
Office staff were very helpful also.?

Professional Installers

DQ Electrical have done a fantastic job with the installation.

Contacted DQ electrical and spoke to Maddy from the admin team. The team were polite, friendly and quite helpful.

I am really happy & satisfied, as Ben went through everything with me in detail. He was really patient & answered so many questions.

Above all, he provided an Excellent design for panel layout to maximise efficiency. He made recommendations on the inverter that would best be suited for a property that has some shading.

We chose the new LG Neon-H 390 Wp series, and can confirm the price for this new release was reasonable & fair.

The team were punctual & sharp on time. The installation was professionally done and completed in 2 days as planned & communicated.

Neat job with pictures provided to me for reference as well.

I would definitely rate them 5 stars for customer service. They are also accredited LG certified installers. Everything was professionally organised & done well.

After installation was complete, I got my retailer to remote access & configure my smart metre to solar with no hassles. It was set up within 4 hours.

My app. to monitor panels & inverter was set up the very next day after installation.

It doesn’t matter if it is a small, medium or large solar system. They are highly recommended and I will definitely be recommending DQ Electrical to my friends & family as well.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent Service

How was the sales/quoting process. - The price was competitive.
How did the installation go - Tidy, Punctual, Excellent
How was the customer service - Was excellent, continuous communication, great progress reporting and helped organise the grid connection after the install.

Brilliant system and service

We got many quotes and after a referral from a friend, decided to go with DQ Electrical and so glad we did. The professionalism, communication and work were second to none and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Answered emails in a timely manner, price was about the middle ground but found it to be excellent for the system we purchased. As it was a new build, they had to wait until handover to install the solar and come back to hook up the Solar Edge inverter to the internet and nothing was too much hassle, very accomodatinfg to our changing needs.
Great company.
Thanks very much

Great service from quotes to install

Great service, answered all my questions during quoting and gave me several solar options. Install went well with installers arriving when they told me.

Excellent

The sales and quoting process was good. I was well informed of progress leading up to installation. The install team was professional and did a great job (neat and clean).

Professional from start to finish

By far DQE was the most comprehensive and clearly set out of the five quotes I received, with exact detail about the quoted system and what it should provide for me. On a like for like system DQE's pricing was very competitive.

Ben was knowledgeable and answered all my questions with accuracy and professionalism and effortlessly tailored the quote to my final requirements.

The installation was efficient and professional, all mess cleared up, system demonstrated and explained.

Overall I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend DQE.

Brilliant Installer

Very Professional and Organised from start to Finish. Job was completed very neat and Tidy and Tradie was very Detailed when explaining of the System

Very happy customers.

Sales quote was very thorough. Installation was quick and we did not have any problems. The installers were excellent, polite and explained the whole process from beginning to end.
Customer service was also excellent.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.
Also we were happy with the quote.

Great company

Very helpful and friendly team.
Quoting process straight forward.
Price very reasonable through Ben.
Installation without issue.
Intsallers were engaging and polite.
Overall customer service of excellent standard.

Fantastic Installation

I got a very good quote for DQ Electrical from 1st consultation to system installation is a very good experience and very friendly staff and excellent workmanship on installing the solar system.