DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $3,999 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (373)

Fantastic Installation

I got a very good quote for DQ Electrical from 1st consultation to system installation is a very good experience and very friendly staff and excellent workmanship on installing the solar system.

Original Review on 28-11-2020:

Ben and team are top tier professionals

Ben and Lilia ensured that the service was attentive and personalised from start to finish.

The DQ designer knew exactly what I wanted without me having to tell them.

Ben recommended I delay consideration of storage until the Solar Analytics has at least a year's worth of usage data. I couldn't believe how fast he diagnosed and solved potential issues in his head just from a photograph, months before the install day.

When my preferred brand wasn't shipped in time for install day, DQ upgraded me at no extra cost.

The installation itself started early and went off without a hitch.

6 months later we asked Oscar: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is chugging along fine. DQ Electrical provided the full Solar Analytics service so I know for sure it's doing precisely what I expected.

Solid performance

Solid and professional performance in all categories from a well regarded Adelaide solar installation company. “recommended”

Excellent work from start to finish

After months of research, qoutes from few solar companies and reading lots of reviews I finally decided to go with DQ Electrical as they only install top quality brands (LG, Fronius, Solar Edge. Tesla etc.) with 25 year manufacturer's and performance warranty . My experience with them were fantastic very professional from start to finish. All staff are very friendly and polite. The installation team arrived early and they explained to me whole process and then Minh showed me how the solar and battery system works. I couldn't be happier about their workmanship , very neat and tidy. I highly recommended this company. Don't
look elsewhere if you're on the market for solar.

Excellent solar installation experience.

DQ Electrical was recommended to us by a friend. We'd never heard of them but trusted our friend's assessment as they had done the homework on lots of installers and were very happy with DQ Electrical experience We were pleased with the sales /quoting process which was undertaken by the business owner Don.He talked us through the reasons they use quality European panels and invertors rather than cheaper units We decided to go ahead with the quoted price. DQ has its own permanently employed electricians and installers {no subcontractors}so if there are any issues they are dealt with straight away in-house {not palmed off to the subcontractor} The installation team turned up exactly on time, they were polite, very tidy and professional and there is no better advertisement for a company than its staff. They were great. Their follow up phone calls were done straight away to make sure we were happy with the way the install went. We couldn't be happier with the whole process and can thoroughly recommend DQ to anyone thinking about solar.

Brilliant Service and Great Products

From start to finish, they listened to what I really wanted instead of fobbing me off with something I didn't want. I researched into products the properly so I had a pretty good Idea. They gave me 4 estimates from differing panels to different Inverters, All the people who I talked to from office staff, estimator to I stallers were extremely helpful, They turned up on time and explained every process,

Excellent experience

Well after being told a pack of lies by Origin Energy re solar systems I got in touch with a number of installers for quotes and DQ were chosen for their price and the quality of their system.. no dodgy crap here.

Fantastic

DQ Electrical very professional company on all aspects. Congratulations to Ben, Troy and team.

DQElectrical - The Professionals!

There is nothing that I can think of to say negatively about DQElectrical. Being a retired electrician myself, obviously I’m very particular about the quality of workmanship when it comes to my own residence, but the tradesmen that came to install the solar system exceeded my expectations. From the very beginning after phoning Don (on the recommendation of a good friend), I was impressed by him and his attitude towards our needs with respect to where the inverter and battery would be located on the premises even though it made the installation more complex, but nothing was too much trouble for Don and his staff. The installation had a few minor hiccups that were quickly addressed and rectified by fitting some RCD’s at very little expense to me which was probably something I should have already done. The installation itself is very functional, neat and tidy. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the outcome and would encourage anyone to give Don or his staff a call if they are considering a new solar system.

Very happy

We have been thinking about having a solar panel system installed for some time but considered it all too hard.

DQ Electrical proved us wrong.

From my initial contact with Maddy in the office to installation date it was not difficult at all with no surprises on the way.

Salesman Matt explained everything in a way I could easily understand, and came to my property to ensure the roof on my 2 story home was easily accessible for the installation team.

Minh and his crew did a great job on installation day even replacing a couple of broken tiles which I considered above and beyond.

Overall it has been a harmless experience and I fully recommend DQ Electrical. In fact friends of mine have just signed for a system from DQ.

Graham Kirtland

Fantastic, highly recommend!

Very happy with the entire experience. Quote process much more streamlined and helpful than other companies that provided quotes. Staff very informative and patient and polite.

Very impressed with the install - people were great, respectful, tidy and helped identify and rectify other incidental electrical issues at our property.

Very happy with DQ electrical and would highly recommend

Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

Wow! What an amazing experience it has been with DQ Electrical from start to finish. The sales/quoting process was a breeze and I was given the the best price up front for high end LG panels which I doubt could be beaten anywhere else. When Don came around for the on site quote I was instilled with confidence that I'm in good hands and have found the right installer. I have a contemporary architectural home that Don was very mindful of and he went well and truly above and beyond to ensure the installation was discreet as possible to the point he had cable trays that were required custom powder coated to ensure it matches with the house facade.

In terms of the installation, Minh and the crew were very polite, tidy and punctual. On the first day before any work started Minh double checked the work that needed to be performed, planned it all out and explained it to my wife and I to ensure we were happy with every aspect of it. I couldn't be happier with the end result as the workmanship is of the highest quality and they even exceeded expectations with how concealed the cables are.

Even the office administration staff were a delight to deal with and very organised with the paperwork and reminders for the installation etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend DQ Electrical to anyone needing a good value high quality solar installation.

Simply the best

Firstly thankyou to Finn Peacock and the team for providing DQ Electrical as one of the three "quotes"

We have a two storey, terracotta tiled roof Tudor Home.
We found out before we approached "Solar Quotes" that this is the installer's trinity of all nightmares rolled into one.
Amazingly all three of the recommended installers by Solar Quotes did not shy away from the job at hand.
Whilst two of the three recommended installers were very good we found the stand out to be DQ Electrical.
It all started with Matt. He provided us with a very informative and friendly and definitely non pressured consultation.
They are LG panel specialist however he also spoke highly of the Trina Honey M 370 watt panels which we eventually decided to go with which was coupled with a Fronius inverter and consumption monitor plus Grasol racking system.
Their price was also the best I got .
Well now comes the fun part.
It is 2:30 am in the morning and I am writing to tell everybody out there that good old fashioned service and workmanship is still alive in 2021. Hallelujah!!
I have just got back from my job and just have to tell this story.
DQ Electrical have a specialised "Terracotta" team. As described these guys are "specialists" when it comes to very difficult Terracotta tile roof installs. Especially two storey Terracotta tiled Tudor homes.
I met three of the nicest , friendly and switched on tradesmen being Josh (Supervisor)or (Rav), Reven or (Rev) and Harrison (Harry).
What an experience.
I could feel the positive energy emanating from their presence.
There was laughter and comradery whilst they worked. They answered all of my questions during
the install.
They had to redesign the array due to unforeseen circumstances and gave me options to chose.
The best of all they treated my home and the work they were doing on it as if it were their own.
They were meticulous in everything they did. These guys are the Rolls Royce.
The workmanship Ethos of DQ Electrical is second to none.
Not only elite tradesmen but all three are "consummate" gentlemen.
We are renovating this home. We have had many trades go through but never like this before.
I strongly recommend DQ Electrical to do your solar work.

Great company

Very informative and let us know important factors about shading and the type of inverter that other’s didn’t pick up.
They turned up when they said they would no delays and use their own tradies who were all friendly and well mannered and left everything tidy no mess.
The customer service was great from start to finish, would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Amazing Team-Polite, professional and efficient

The quoting process was easy and thorough- lots of options including GPS imaging of our roof and how the panels would look on completion. The install team were incredibly friendly and efficient and made a point of knocking on the door before entering when they needed to query something and made sure they were safety conscious when it came to our dog and not letting him out. They also took their shoes off when entering the house. The follow up education session was incredibly thorough, without being condescending and I felt very confident that I could manage the inverter and demonstrate to my husband on my own. The team were happy to discuss grid connection solutions but we had already organised this with our provider. Demonstration of the app and assistance to set up an account was priceless. The install team also showed us photos of the finished product including the shut off switches for maintenance staff.

All in all- 10/10 on all aspects of the process. Would highly recommend DQ Electrical- very professional outfit.

Happy to recommend

The sales and quoting process was informative, and timely. Matthew answered all my questions to my satisfaction and was extremely respectful and helpful.

The installation went extremely well. I was impressed with the electrician and his team. They were punctual, polite, respectful, friendly and obviously enjoyed their work. They related well with each other and displayed great teamwork.

The customer service was good. DQ Electrical helped organise the grid connection after installation.

One Happy Customer!

I was very impressed with the customer service and continuity of support from DQ Electrical. All my questions were answered patiently and respectfully. The installation guys were polite, respectful and efficient and communicated well to me throughout the whole day of installation. All staff in had contact with were friendly and supportive. The overwhelm of comparing solar companies was made so much easier with regular DQ support. No sales pressure, just genuine support. I felt like I was treated like a human being, not just a female who had no idea what was going on. I'm completely confident in receiving a high quality of service should there be any issues with my solar panels down the track.

The best company we have ever dealt with!

If you are looking for a good quality solar system at a competitive price you have to call these guys. We had 4 quotes and while Ben was not the cheapest overall price his price was very competitive when you compare it with other company's using the same quality gear. Ben was in no way pushy and was the only one to suggest and explain why we needed the bigger 17 kwh system to cover our $1800 a quarter bill all other quotes recommended 10 kwh systems that we now know would not have be big enough. From the time we placed the order with DQ they run like clockwork and achieved everything they promised. Maddie and Lilia in the office where fantastic and always polite keeping us up to date during the whole process and happy to answer any questions we had along the way. One of our concerns was the installation as it was being installed over our entertaining area and we were worried about damage to the tin roof. The installers where amazing and took so much care including using crawl boards over the roof. Again they took time to explain how they were doing the install and then set up the inverter info apt and showed us how to use the system. Mary and I owned our own manufacturing company for 20 years and know how hard it is to find staff to work with the attitude and confidence with the guys at DQ Electrical. Well done and thank you, we will be recommending you. *****

Mike and Mary
One Tree Hill

PS the system has now been in for one month and our first bill was $680. In the last month our electricity was all coved by the solar system and we had a $220 credit to put towards the first 2 months. At this rate the system will have paid for its self in 2 years!

Amazing from start to finish

Everyone from DQ Electrical were fantastic from the initial quote to install. They took care of it all and the guys that installed our system were great. On time, polite, knowledgeable and informative and very tidy. Everything was explained to me and also a follow up call to make sure it was all running smoothly. Can't recommend the team highly enough

Above and beyond

DQ Electrical have been amazing from the start. Their initial quote was extremely competitive for a good quality system. I am very thankful to Ben who has helped reassure my many concerns and help educate about solar. Their in house electrician and installers (Josh, Rev and Harry) did a great job installing the system, they were polite, professional and kept everything tidy afterwards. I appreciated Ben assisting in sourcing correct roof tiles that needed to be replaced prior to the installation. I have felt confident by their assurance, quality of their workmanship and taking the time in fixing any broken tiles on the roof prior to installation. I had tried contacting many other large solar companies who have refused to install on a terracotta tile roofs, so I appreciate what DQ have done to ensure to preserve and replace the tiles if needed. I also appreciate Josh on the day in helping us with pruning a neighbour’s tree which was overhanging onto our roof and caused a large shadow over our solar system. Grid connection afterwards was seamless.
DQ have gone above and beyond to provide an excellent service and I am more than happy to refer them to anyone.

Extremely happy with the whole experience!

From the initial quote (which was impressively presented with useful information), to the on-site meeting with Ben, to the installation by Joshua and crew, it was a very professional and enjoyable experience. Being a technical person, it was important for me to fully understand all the options to ensure we made the best decision possible. Ben patiently answered all my questions which made me comfortable with the combination of panels (including their location) and the inverters we selected. While I considered two quotes from other installers, it was clear DQ were the ones for me.

The installation went extremely well. It was clear that Joshua and the guys were real professionals and took a lot of pride in their work which gave me real confidence that I was receiving a high quality system. They were all very pleasant and always willing to explain what they were doing, worked hard and cleaned up after themselves (not something all tradesman do!). I will happily recommend DQ Electrical to friends and work colleagues.

Outstanding customer service!!! Super team

Right from the start DQ were very honest, informative and helpful. They patiently answered all of our questions and made sure we understood which system would best suit out needs. The installers were punctual, friendly and did an outstanding job. The whole process was enjoyable and we will be recommending them to our friends and family. Thank you to the team at DQ

LG and Solar Edge

We took a long time to investigate solar and shortlisted three suppliers but decided on DQ electrical as our installer. We were impressed not only by the installation but the help they gave us as we kept changing our mind looking to get the best deal. Night, day or weekends they were available and provided lots of help in selecting the final product. We also found their quotes system useful when making comparisons. We have been delighted with the system so far!!

Really efficient installation

From the initial quoting process through to the completed installation it was a fantastic experience. everyone was polite, punctual and experienced in their work. Everything was explained and talked through so I had full understanding of the costing and the process.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical.

Above & Beyond, Thanks Team DQ

Fantastic job from Don & the team @ DQ. Seamless process From quote to install. Thanks for everything & will not hesitate in utilising DQ for any future electrical/solar work required. I'm looking forward in receiving my next power bill (never said that before)
Thanks to everyone involved!

Excellent installer and installation

Whole process, from quoting to installation was smooth and DQ salesperson always responded to my emails/phone calls in a timely manner. Installers were polite, punctual and left the premises clean and tidy.

Excellent Service

Everything went smooth no worries with these guys, happy as with the service

Very professional service

I am not a person to review .rather read
How ever the service from Dq Electrical has been second to none
Great communication from sales .office and installer
Even manged to install sooner than date booked
Trent the installer even on time both days
Told between 7.30 to 8.30 .knock on the door 7.33 am
Quality install .Place left clean and tidy
Very highly recommended

Very satisfied with my system and the install.

Choosing the right system and a reputable installer is like navigating a minefield.
After much research I chose DQ Electrical.
DQ Electrical handled all the necessary approvals and associated rigmarole which made everything stress free.
They provided a quality install using the best equipment in the business at a very competitive price.
Their in-house electricians/installers where in my opinion the best in the business also.
Very happy with everything and I highly recommend DQ Electrical.

Got the job done

Great work and friendly service from minh, copper and michael got the job done.
Process at the beginning a bit slow but when Ben show up and got the ball rolling everything went smoothly with a install date just Tesla battery ,gateway and install

Very happy customer

We had a really good experience with DQ Electrical for installation of our LG Solar Panels and Fronius Inverter. The price was fantastic, we paid a bit more coz we wanted the very best. Installation was on time. We did not had to chase anyone for anything. Everything from quote, to acceptance of offer, to agreement of installation date, to installation, to grid connection, nothing had to followed up twice. Within less than 2 weeks our meter was changed by the electrical company and our solar system was starting to generate money for us. I would like to emphasise on the installation, which was very professional, no dramas, both the installers were in and out within 5 hours. The installer even helped set app on our mobile and helped us understand the next steps. All in all our experience has been really great and we cannot recommend DQ enough for the great work their team has delivered. We are happy and satisfied customers. Thanks DQ Electrical.

Great company to work worth. Smooth Process.

From the moment I emailed DQ Electrical for a solar quote till the moment we had our solar installed there was great communication from them.

Their quoting process was thorough, it showed the different options they had available for me to choose from. They were upfront with everything and made sure I knew that it wasn't necessary to add more panels, which I find amazing as some sales people can sell you things that you don't need, so it was much appreciated. They consistently asked if I had any questions and told me to contact them without hesitation.

Installation what great, they were friendly, cleaned up the space really well and were helpful with the sign up process to the app/website we needed to track our solar info. Our grid connection/meter reconfiguration seemed to have already been dealt to as I had rang up after installation to sort it out and was told by my power company that a request was already in process.

I was very happy that I chose DQ Electrical and have recommended them to my family and friends looking at getting solar.

An excellent experience.

The process from start to finish was faultless, it was like they could not do enough for you to make it a seamless installation.
The communication was excellent and the installers were great and cleaned up everything once they had finished it.
If you want a high quality Solar system I would highly recommend DQ Electrical as they were very professional & so easy to deal with.

Quality Product and Amazing Team on board too!

Every staff member I dealt with went above and beyond. Id like to give a special thanks to my installers as they were so nice and easy going. Made it easy to understand and very friendly!

Exactly as we planned

All aspects of our plans made initially were followed right through to completion with professionalism and courtesy and cooperatively with our wishes.
The office staff and the installation tradespeople have been a pleasure to deal with completing all the necessary steps for us and their follow-up has been very much appreciated.

Very simple experience with best price for a very high quality system

Ben was very helpful with design and quote and really understood our needs.
The install happened as planned and was exactly as Ben quoted. No surprises.
The install team of 4 did a brilliant job and fully cleaned up after.
Very happy customer.
After a few days Origin got the new meter going and we are now enjoying free power and feedin credits.

Original Review on 19-06-2020:

A great help in the selection process.

After reading lots of information from their website I received 3 quotes from SolarQuotes. Wanting to seek more info I noticed more installers listed on Finn's page and rang DQ Electrical, right from the start I felt comfortable chatting with Ben who made sense of PV solar. Yes the decision came down to price but Ben was able to make changes that others either wouldn't or resisted to do. Installation day went smooth even though they first had to decommission an existing system, with the installation complete, electricity could be exported immediately as our meter was compatable. I also like to thank Lilia for her help during the process. A special thanks to Josh and the boys for the great installation, their punctuality and tidiness. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Feb 2021 - This 6.6Kw system is performing to my expectations even though we are only using 25% of generation. Please keep your eye on your retailers supply charge and cost per kW hr as prices very enormously. So far my bill has gone from $300-400 per quarter to $0.00, I'm interested to see the performance during a full winter cycle.
The Installation by DQ Electrical was faultless and they have been in contact several times since.
Thanks to Finn, his team and all there information, it made the whole process understandable for an average person.

High quality at a good price

Very professional

Great to deal with

Very easy from start to finish

High quality work and installation

Solar and Battery System

Installation team arrived on time and were well organized and a happy team.

System has been operating for a week with only minor grid import.
Very happy with installation and performance.

Service was top notch from start to finish

Highly recommended company
Very happy with the service

Easy, fast & friendly

Extremely efficient, answered my questions from the installers to customer service. Very happy! look forward to living the solar life thanks to DQ electrical.

Professional company with fantastic installers.

DQ Electrical were highly recommended to us and with good reason. From the very initial contact to the final installation they were extremely professional and friendly.
We were guided through the whole process and the installation was finished with complete satisfaction.
Choosing an installer can be a daunting. Just as DQ Electrical were recommended to us, we would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them too.

A efficient and professional organisation

From the beginning of the quotation until the handover of the installation , it was a professional and very efficient service.

Definitely not the cheapest but very well presented and delivered.

Great work start to finish

Very well explained quote, any questions were quickly answered and made sure I understood everything and the system was tailored to our needs. Installers were there on time, very polite and cleaned up once they were done which unfortunately is hard to come by nowadays. DQ organised everything with agl which made life much easier for us would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for solar!

Top quality workmanship and friendly staff

From the first contact until the installation it was a pleasure speaking to anyone number of people at DQ Electrical about my system. The sales staff, installation coordinator and finally the trades doing the install all were friendly and welcoming of a chat. The sales staff were knowledgable and helpful with initial questions and system design. DQ Electrical organised everything with my electricity provider for a SmartMeter switch over, which helped with not having to worry about it myself. The installers were great, the job was originally quoted for 2 days but 6 of them got it done in a single day. The site was clean and tidy, no issues with anything from start to finish with DQ Electrical. A top notch outfit for solar installations.

Helpful and smooth installation

Installers were polite and punctual. Great customer service and was organised

Answered all my questions and explained to me very thoroughly

Great Installer, professional, polite and informative

- Sales/quoting process was seamless. Informative and able to provide all details and answer any questions.
- Installation was great. Work men on site were polite, clean/tidy and punctual. They were also able to respond to any questions I had.
- Customer service also great. They have assisted with the answer questions for grid connection and advise if there are any issues or further questions to call. So far so good.

Easy process via direct referal

- Company came recommended from friend of a friend (who has a DQ installed system)
- Maddy (customers service), Matt (Sales), & Rev (Installation) all very professional and courteous
- Quoted 3 options. No pressure throughout sales process
- Communication was excellent throughout
- Deadlines adhered too
- Installation straight forward with no hiccups
- System up and running!

Well done Don and his team

After receiving 4 quotes for solar I decided to go with DQ Electrical. The whole process from start to finish was without any major issues.
The quote was very detailed.
Don explained the quote and process in detail, communication from all the staff was very good , any questions I had were answered.
Installers arrived on date and time specified, were polite, worked well as a team, tidied up well.
Don visited site on day of install to make sure all was ok.
Installers had to take photos of work done
All necessary paperwork for SA Power Network and Energy Retailer was completed promptly by DQ Electrical
Very happy with the way the system looks on the roof and the quality of the work.
Received phone call day after install for any feedback on the install
Looking forward to the benefits of the investment.

Highly Recommend DQElectrical

DQ Electrical have an amazing team working together. They were competitive on price, full of knowledge and totally professional.
From the first phone contact I was impressed by the friendly helpfulness of every one I spoke to.
Ben was so patient and friendly, he explained the different solar options and how they work on several occasions, never once making us feel like idiots for asking the same things over and over.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, we had to change the date of installation twice, which they accomodated without complaint.
Maddy in admin was always friendly, helpful and pleasant to speak to on the phone. Messages were always passed on and Ben always got back to us quickly.
The team that installed the solar, Rev, Jackson and another lad whom I unfortunately did not get his name, were all so reliable, professional, friendly and courteous, it was a pleasure to have them working on our house.
Rev explained everything before progressing to ensure we understood, he helped us set up the app on the phone and showed us how to read the reports.
It was a real pleasure to have such nice people working around our home.
The whole process from start to finish was smooth and hassle free.
I would definately recommend DQ Electrical to anyone thinking of getting solar.