DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About DQ Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
DQ Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 99 167 806 733  ABN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
ACN: 167 806 733  ACN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 274201 Dq Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,350 - $12,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At DQ Electrical, we specialise in renewable energy technologies. We work with home and business owners across Adelaide to tackle one of their biggest problems – a growing electricity bill and, instead, generating their own energy.

Family owned and operated, DQ was founded by Don Quattrocchi in 2009. The business has grown from sole trader to a group of creative, professional electricians that homes and businesses can rely on.

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Fantastic / Beautiful Installation

Staffs from office to tradesmen are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful
Tradesmen are clean and tidy after the work

DQ Electrical - Fantastic company

Very big thank you to DQ Electrical for their amazing service.
The whole process from quote to installation the service was exceptional.
Barry who visited to give us a quote was a lovely man and very helpful.
The girls in the office where always friendly, polite and helpful and kept us informed of every step, including the grid connection
The installers did any amazing job considering the weather they had to work in and cleaned up as they went, so no mess left behind
Very happy to recommend DQ Electrical

Fantastic installers

I knew nothing about solar and DQ explains everything clearly that I could understand when doing quotes.
Install was great and it was up within 4 weeks. The guys that came And installed where great very polite and explained everything And help set up my app and connect it the WiFi. All the technical grid connection was done for me so it was hassle free.

Nice installer, nice system

We had a solar system installed a couple of months ago, and added a battery to the system last week (price/specs listed are for the combined system)

We got quotes from a few providers for the solar system. Some of them never even visited the property, and just based their estimates off pictures from google. DQ came, checked shade from nearby trees, and quoted for a few different panel/inverter options. When we compared all the quotes, two of DQ's options were in our top three.

When they came to install the solar system, things weren't perfectly smooth - we have a 3-phase meter, so they had planned to install a 3-phase inverter, but it turned out that we only have 2 phases connected (so that wouldn't work). We ended up having to split the panels between 2 single-phase inverters, which they agreed to do at no extra cost to us. Other than that, everything went well.

After using the solar system for a bit (the figures matched almost exactly what they'd told us to expect), and running some numbers, we decided to add a battery. We knew we wanted the Tesla powerwall, were happy with DQ's work earlier, and their quote was less than going through Tesla. The battery install was 100% smooth.

The right product specified and installed on time for a fair price.

The quoting process was informative and smooth. DQ Electrical had the right balance between showing interest in the sale without being pushy. The sales rep was interested in answering all questions in an easy to understand way particularly about 3 phase systems. The quote itself was clear and informative.
I decided to install optimizers on the northern facing panels. There was no pressure to do this, but the decision was made based on helpful information provided by DQ Electrical.
The installation happened on the day promised and the pre-work of approvals, etc. was professional and smooth. The installers took OH and safety seriously and communicated clearly while on site. They left no mess and provided clear instruction on how to use and monitor the system.
Grid connection went smoothly and we are getting good output from the system even during cloudy, winter days.
I would and do recommend DQ Electrical

Installers and installation

I don’t know where to begin with the installers and installation.
But omg I was so impressed, They were punctual, neat, tidy, explained everything and every step as they were going. I had to go out, they still rang me with the progress and kept me up to date. When I returned home. Installers were packing up and they stopped do they can give me a run down on his the inverter worked and what I needed to know.
I was so impressed I highly recommend the installers.
Very happy customer.

Good Job DQ

Thank you DQ for making the purchase and installation of our solar system relatively seamless.

Any minor issues were immediately highlighted and alternative suggestions by Troy made it easy to move forward with confidence. All three were polite and worked well as a team. They left our premises clean and tidy. In my past life I was a project manager on commercial builds and I recognise good trades people.

I have no problem in recommending DQ for their Solar and electrical supply and installation.

DQ Electrical - fantastic to deal with

DQ Electrical were a fantastic company to deal with. They provided exceptional customer service, turned up on time, and did the install all with no fuss. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Solar installation

Haven't had an electric bill yet so not sure how beneficial the system will be.
The installation went well, on time, efficient, clean and tidy.
After the installation the information left was good and app download was easy to install.
Proof will be when the bills start rolling in but I'm very happy when the system and the people at DQ Electrical.

All went well.

The salesman visited my residence and was prepared to spend time going through different options, which was appreciated. The install itself went well despite challenging weather, the inverter was installed where I wanted it and the install team were very professional and communicated well. Show additional information

Premium installation

As I prefer to opt for quality over just basic I was swayed by the professionalism of the owner of DQElectrcal to have them install what I consider to be an outstanding system. The reward of being almost completely off the grid is a great comfort as I head for retirement. I have purchased another system like mine with a Powerwall for my daughters new home. Having a mortgage to pay without a high electricity bill coming in regularly is a great wedding present in my mind. Show additional information

6.0kW system installation - DQ Electrical

An all round painless process.
All the staff I had contract with from quoting and design of the system required, coordination of installation and finally the installation, were knowledgeable, courteous, polite and professional.
The office team coordinated all aspects of the system install and kept me informed of progress.
The installation team were excellent, they kept me informed on any decision they made during the installation. They were punctual, well mannered, efficient, and importantly had pride in their workmanship.
Overall I am very happy with the performance of DQ Electrical and would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends and family.

Fantastic Service. Very quick and efficient installation.

Great from start to finish. Customer service is second to none. Even through organising, quoting and planning. Also understanding that clients will research and shop for the best deal. Always dealing with a friendly and helpful voice through the phone instead of waiting for machines. It’s the 1% of personal touch that counts. Even if it’s the small details of making sure the support struts on a scissor lift are padded with cardboard to keep driveways clean and scratch free. Show additional information

Excellent service and result

Advice up front was good installation team were excellent really pleased with the result and confident system will perform well. Show additional information

Amazing company to work with

From start to finish these guys were fantastic. They actively listened to what I wanted, provided options when asked & never tried to sell me anything I didn’t want (most of the other companies I dealt with did). They were very patient and attentive through each stage of the process, for me a drawn out process due to heritage requirements.

The guys installing the solar were amazing, polite and very professional. Reg who seemed to be the team leader explained everything to me during the install & was obviously very passionate with his solar. Even after the install they were more than happy to answer any questions I had.

They might be a little more expensive than the competitors but you get a first class team, A grade. I would have no hesitation in recommending them & was glad I went with a company who puts the customer as their priority. Well done DQ.

Solar with LG/Fronius/Tesla

We were very pleased with all aspects of this install, from first phone call to final email. Job was neat and tidy, installers were all to be commended. Couldn’t be happier. Well done DQ! Show additional information

Complete peace of mind

I researched extensively for weeks. I spoke to several companies on the phone and also many representatives that came to the house to present their companies. I collected as much information as i could and understood the differences In the components and process. I learned about the companies that Phoenix and those that endure. Those that use apprentices to do most of the installation and those that use cheaper frames and additional parts.

When i spoke with DQ Electrical i was not only treated with great patience and respect as i was nitpicking every single detail, but i found i was able to check every box of concern that i had.

They are in fit the long haul, they take pride on their work, they only use excellent components and parts, and are very transparent about all the costs involved from the start with clear very detailed quotes and analysis of the projected output of your selected system.

In the end I had great confidence in the system that we finally settled on because of the time they had spent explaining the pros and cons of each variation, and they installed it quickly and cleanly one morning.

I chose high end components and a slightly larger system than needed so the price was somewhat elevated compared to other quotes i had recieved which was my choice. Price wise for the installation and service was a slightly higher than some of the companies that were hounding us with phone calls for months, but i am more than happy to pay that difference knowing i am working with a self respecting company that honors their responsibilities and has proven high work ethics.
They are the real deal and I was so happy with the service and system that i convinces my mum to do exactly the same deal with the same company.
I recommend them to anyone that wants to look at installing solar and is looking for someone they can trust.
Shorter waiting period for installation. An initial problem seen 24 hours post installation and a call to me from installer and sorted same day. Show additional information

Solid Installation, Good Communication, Followup

Quoting Process, very professional covering all bases
Installation done on time, very professional
Customer service good, follow up by Owner of business to see that we were happy with completed work.
DQ also put letter to our provider regarding grid connection however our Provider is proving very tardy in regard to
completing our request.

A great company to deal with!

From start to finish every person that we had contact with, from the receptionist to the owner, was friendly, professional, helpful and knowledgeable.

If you are looking for a local (S.A.) company that will provide you with high quality products at a non-inflated price, then you have to take a serious look at Don and his team at DQ Electrical.

The new system was well designed and replaced a small 10 year old True Value Solar system which had started to become unreliable. There was no extra charge to have the old system uninstalled and taken away. I expect our new system to last a lot longer now that we have used quality components from a quality installer that I am certain will be around in the long term, unlike our previous installer.

The installation of the new system including a backup battery took most of the day and is of high quality. All the panels line up nicely and look great on our roof. The installer arrived on time and on completion ensured that I was connected to all the relevant mobile phone apps to allow me to monitor the system.

As I type this review it is very overcast, no sun and with a little rain yet the system is still producing sufficient power to cover the household and and top up the battery a little.

Overall this has been a very pleasant, stress free experience and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Highly recommend DQ Electrical

I did a bit of research and spoke to half a dozen companies and checked out reviews on the inverters, panels and of course the companies. I could of got the system I wanted ( not the one other companies wanted to sell me) a few hundred dollars cheaper but it was to me all about the system and the installer..From the minute I spoke with Brian (sales) and Lillian (reception) they organised everything..their own installers Minh, Josh and Rev were fantastic,I have no problem recommending DQ Electrical actually I insist you use them.. Show additional information

Very happy with the service up to date. Installation yet to take place.

Very happy with the service up to date. Installation yet to take place. Show additional information

Surprisingly and pleasantly easy

From start to finish, dealing with DQ Electrical was uncomplicated, professional and easy. Through the quoting process, I was given options to compare, full details of the equipment being proposed, advised on best location for the panels and inverter. No question was considered silly or a nuisance to answer and I was told up-front what timeframe I could expect for installation if I was to proceed.

Once I had accepted the quote I was given details on the steps involved and kept informed of progress. Installation itself went ahead precisely as planned, including a courtesy call to confirm the arranged date was still on track. The installers arrived on time, kept me informed of the work they were doing and cleaned up afterwards (not that there was much mess anyway). The crew was friendly and courteous and helped with setting up the mobile App and provided the few instructions on what to do.

In all the experience was far better than I had expected. Well done and thank you DQ!

Amazing service!

From the sales to the installation, I could not have asked for better service. Each step was carefully explained to me, and no question was unable to be answered. DQ Electrical had the best price around, and the installation team were so respectful, punctual and good at your jobs. I would definitely recommend DQ Electrical to everyone. Show additional information

Great team

Barry came to see me to do the quote and was very friendly and informative. He took his time to explain everything to me.
On installation day, all the paperwork had been done and approved by the necessary authorities in plenty of time and the team arrived at the appointed time.
They were a happy and efficient team and explained all as they went along.
Troy was the team leader and everyone got straight onto their jobs.
The installation took just over 4 hours as it was a simple one of 10 panels either side of the top of the roof.
Troy helped with the registration to the solar app for me after the job was done.
The office staff kept me in the loop of the progress of my job and were very friendly to deal with over the phone.
I was recommended to use this company by a friend and she also had a great experience with the same team of installers.
I would highly recommend this company for your solar needs.

painless and quick

Contacted me super fast to discuss options and provided a quote the next day.
Installation went off without a hitch.
It is interesting to talk to different people about solar. The answers that one gets are even more interesting and differing. I think you should have a rating between 'good' and 'fantastic'. It is hard to rate something on your roof that you can barely see, but I believe our installers did a very good job, clean and tidy, on time, couldn't fault them . Show additional information

Fantastic to deal with

I chose DQ Electrical based on the information provided by their sales staff. They provided me with options in relation to panels, inverters and information relating to battery back up. The installation process was seamless and professional. I couldn’t have asked for better service and quality workmanship.. Very pleased with the end result and the performance of my 9.9 kw system. Show additional information

Very professional and excellant customer service

I contacted DQ Electrical and asked if they could come out and have a look and give me a quote, I did advise them no other solar company would quote and advised I couldn't have solar panels installed. I was told that they would come past and have a look, no need for me to be home. I was contacted back very quickly and said no issues at all and within another couple of days I received a quote with diagrams of where the panels would sit on my roof. Everything was listed in the quote and the process was explained clearly. I was given an install date and they kept to this date. When they turned up to install they were very professional, explained again where the panels would be, explained what they required from me. They finished in the install on time without any issues. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting solar panels. Show additional information

Great customer service. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

They contacted me directly to discuss some options and provided complete, detailed quotes to suit my needs. The staff were wonderful to deal with. It's refreshing to deal with a company that values their clients and doesn't try to bully you into a sale with overly aggressive tactics. Show additional information

GENUINE CUSTOMER SERVICE & VALUE FOR MONEY

Sales and quoting process - factual and to the point without without the common sales pitch. Prompt, genuine, friendly
Installation - Excellent - workmen were professional, efficient, obliging and left the work-site clean and tidy
The entire process ran like a perfectly tuned Rolls Royce

Seamless process

Ben Ryan arrived on time, showed me options on his laptop and then quoted the following day. We revised the scope a few times and Ben kept adjusting the scheme and price with options. Once signing the paperwork they installed in just over two weeks.
The installers led by Nick were great. Punctual, safe and very clean. Checked the scheme, made some slight changes to suit the actual roof design and building materials. System is up and running, just waiting for retailer to install new meter. DQ handled the paperwork.

Great installer, good installation

The price was better than the 3 others who quoted on the system.
I was given an installation date several weeks in advance and it did not change.
The installation itself went well, particularly as this is a 2 storey house.
At the end of the installation, the guys cleaned up, even mopped up my balcony to remove foot prints.
All in all, very happy.

Very Happy. Good job, well done.

I received 4 quotes before deciding on DQ Electrical. Ben was very helpful, didn't mind me calling him and emailing with questions. He explained everything and was clear and concise. I like that he is an electrician and not just a salesman, he really knew what he was talking about. The installation team of three were on time and self sufficient. They worked diligently to get the job done and were happy to show me what was going on. Troy set everything up before he left. They left the job neat and tidy and left my system up and running.
Very efficient. I'm very happy to recommend this company.

quality system.

No pressure in the sales approach, competent local tradespersons, great result, recommended. Show additional information

Excellent customer service and installation.

Sales rep very professional, easy to talk to, explained the process a number of times to make sure I understood and that made me feel comfortable.
The installation was carried out a few weeks prior to the original date. I was introduced to the 3 young men and they got on with the job, and within a few hours, finished.
It was nice to see them working and not on their mobiles socializing. The area was left clean and tidy and were punctual at 7.30 am.
DQ electrical organised with my electricity company re installation of smart meter.

Professional and efficient installation.

The sales people were quick and easy to work with. The installation guys were efficient and professional. They know what they are doing Show additional information

Great team to deal with

Very happy with the experience when dealing with DQ Electrical
Main reason for selecting them was that they listened and offered what I wanted.
I had an existing PV system and wanted to add to it. No other supplier wanted to do that.
Customer service and installations teams were a dream to deal with

Great system and installation

Sales and quoting very good and well explained.
Installation great and good friendly group of installers.
Customer service excellent.

Fantastic company to deal with from start to finish

Excellent company very professional and very understanding not pushy at all,phone staff in the office were a pleasure to deal with installers that came out were very professional and polite no mess they went above and beyond what they needed to absolutely no issues at all smooth transaction from start to finish.
Very happy with DQ and the Installers highly recommended 10/10

Trouble free installation

Brian from sales knowledgeable Installers great and also followed up a few days later to offer further assistance and checking if all ok, no pressure for full payment and they waited until smart meter was installed (9 days after installation) Show additional information

Super happy

We had Reg as our installer, super happy with the workmanship from his team and I appreciate the respect he gave my partner and I on explaining the system, how it works and for our property and ensuring our concerns were listened to.
DQ electrical have a great asset on their hands.

DQ Solar installation

Very friendly and helpful through the whole process, Reg and Michael did a very tidy installation. Will recommend DQ to potential customers. Show additional information

Professional and polite Sales and Install team

Great team to deal with easy to speak to and quick to get back regarding questions and options .
Sales , Admin and Install team very professional and polite , able to answer questions and provide solution to match budget and expectations .
Install team great , very tidy install with attention to detail and regulations .

A job well done!

Before finding the SolarQuotes website, I didn't know where to start.
I was seeking a quality system at a fair price. Living within a Strata with limited space, I was fussy where the panels and inverter would be located.
Of the quotes I received, I choose DQ Electrical on the basis of the quality of components they were offering and at a competitive price (including a promotional discount for LG panels which I converted to a Fronius Smart Meter being included). I was happy with the customer service at every stage of quotation and installation.
The installers (Reg & Josh) were on time, friendly, polite, professional and did an outstanding job. They explained the operation of the inverter, SolarWeb usage and how to contact the electricity retailer for a replacement energy meter. They left the site neat and tidy.
I would thoroughly recommend DQ Electrical to family, friends and anyone after honest and excellent service!

Professional & respectfull installers with a quality midrange system.

A factual & thorough sales process. All my questions were answered clearly.
Installation occurred on time and were very informative and professional.
A detailed instruction was given on how to operate the system.
Extremely happy with the service, right through the sales, office assistance and installation.
DQ were very happy to work with me on my exact requirements, which was adding to/adapting an existing system, when others only wanted to sell their standard system to me and didn't want to touch anything else.
They were quite happy to look at a large variety of options, both making suggestions, but also listening to what the customer wanted. They are also competitive on price, taking into account the better level of components they are installing. The install itself is not completed yet, but I expect it to be top notch

Highly Recommended

Solarquotes provided 4 companies to contact. All replied within a day or 2. We went with DQ on a cost basis and quicker installation date. There was a fairly consistent choice of panel and inverter options for each company, which gave us confidence we were dealing with reputable suppliers.

DQ provided an excellent service from the quotation and setup stage, were prompt with an on-site visit, and kept us in the loop throughout the entire process. Their price was competitive, office staff readily accessible for any queries arising, and the installation team were professional and did a commendable job on a hot day. A good outcome was making a change on the installation layout to ensure we were not affected by some shade infringing on the original plan. Process to arrange smart meter connection was reasonably straightforward - DQ provided contacts for our electricity supplier and sent an email confirming installation to them.

The online monitoring app is taking a few attempts to setup. DQ have sent clear instructions on how to do this, but it is a tad complicated! Overall I can recommend DQ aas a good company to deal with.
We are currently overseas, but the system is to be installed on May 22. We were also mutely delighted with all aspects. We were even more convinced when a friend in the know, who has been researching solar for years for the housing community he lives in, independently decided that DQ was the best company to work through for a major installation.
Thanks so much for the amazing service you provide, Finn and team at Solar Quotes.
Ivan Christian

Informative, Professional nothing too much trouble

Ben did the quoting he suggested change to our original request as that he thought would benefit us more (still quoted for both what we asked for and his suggestion so we could compare), really informative but not at all pushy.
Installation arranged the guys arrived on time, polite & professional not one piece of rubbish left behind - if you didn't look on roof you wouldn't have know they had been.
Change over meter organized by company (now we just have to wait for AGL who I am sure won't be as efficient as DQ)