DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

4.8

Based on 356 ratings  - Aus Ranking

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $12,100 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (356)

Inverter Brand

Amazing from start to finish

Everyone from DQ Electrical were fantastic from the initial quote to install. They took care of it all and the guys that installed our system were great. On time, polite, knowledgeable and informative and very tidy. Everything was explained to me and also a follow up call to make sure it was all running smoothly. Can't recommend the team highly enough
Hide Naomi's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Above and beyond

DQ Electrical have been amazing from the start. Their initial quote was extremely competitive for a good quality system. I am very thankful to Ben who has helped reassure my many concerns and help educate about solar. Their in house electrician and installers (Josh, Rev and Harry) did a great job installing the system, they were polite, professional and kept everything tidy afterwards. I appreciated Ben assisting in sourcing correct roof tiles that needed to be replaced prior to the installation. I have felt confident by their assurance, quality of their workmanship and taking the time in fixing any broken tiles on the roof prior to installation. I had tried contacting many other large solar companies who have refused to install on a terracotta tile roofs, so I appreciate what DQ have done to ensure to preserve and replace the tiles if needed. I also appreciate Josh on the day in helping us with pruning a neighbour’s tree which was overhanging onto our roof and caused a large shadow over our solar system. Grid connection afterwards was seamless.
DQ have gone above and beyond to provide an excellent service and I am more than happy to refer them to anyone.

Hide William's Comment

Inverter Brand

Extremely happy with the whole experience!

From the initial quote (which was impressively presented with useful information), to the on-site meeting with Ben, to the installation by Joshua and crew, it was a very professional and enjoyable experience. Being a technical person, it was important for me to fully understand all the options to ensure we made the best decision possible. Ben patiently answered all my questions which made me comfortable with the combination of panels (including their location) and the inverters we selected. While I considered two quotes from other installers, it was clear DQ were the ones for me.

The installation went extremely well. It was clear that Joshua and the guys were real professionals and took a lot of pride in their work which gave me real confidence that I was receiving a high quality system. They were all very pleasant and always willing to explain what they were doing, worked hard and cleaned up after themselves (not something all tradesman do!). I will happily recommend DQ Electrical to friends and work colleagues.

Hide Brett's Comment

Outstanding customer service!!! Super team

Right from the start DQ were very honest, informative and helpful. They patiently answered all of our questions and made sure we understood which system would best suit out needs. The installers were punctual, friendly and did an outstanding job. The whole process was enjoyable and we will be recommending them to our friends and family. Thank you to the team at DQ
Hide Elise's Comment

9kW

LG and Solar Edge

We took a long time to investigate solar and shortlisted three suppliers but decided on DQ electrical as our installer. We were impressed not only by the installation but the help they gave us as we kept changing our mind looking to get the best deal. Night, day or weekends they were available and provided lots of help in selecting the final product. We also found their quotes system useful when making comparisons. We have been delighted with the system so far!!
Hide Steve's Comment

Really efficient installation

From the initial quoting process through to the completed installation it was a fantastic experience. everyone was polite, punctual and experienced in their work. Everything was explained and talked through so I had full understanding of the costing and the process.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical.
Hide Mary's Comment

More than $20,000

LG Chem

Above & Beyond, Thanks Team DQ

Fantastic job from Don & the team @ DQ. Seamless process From quote to install. Thanks for everything & will not hesitate in utilising DQ for any future electrical/solar work required. I'm looking forward in receiving my next power bill (never said that before)
Thanks to everyone involved!

Hide Kon's Comment

Excellent installer and installation

Whole process, from quoting to installation was smooth and DQ salesperson always responded to my emails/phone calls in a timely manner. Installers were polite, punctual and left the premises clean and tidy.
Hide Paul's Comment

Excellent Service

Everything went smooth no worries with these guys, happy as with the service
Hide Matthew's Comment

Very professional service

I am not a person to review .rather read
How ever the service from Dq Electrical has been second to none
Great communication from sales .office and installer
Even manged to install sooner than date booked
Trent the installer even on time both days
Told between 7.30 to 8.30 .knock on the door 7.33 am
Quality install .Place left clean and tidy
Very highly recommended
Hide Shane's Comment

8kW

Inverter Brand

Very satisfied with my system and the install.

Choosing the right system and a reputable installer is like navigating a minefield.
After much research I chose DQ Electrical.
DQ Electrical handled all the necessary approvals and associated rigmarole which made everything stress free.
They provided a quality install using the best equipment in the business at a very competitive price.
Their in-house electricians/installers where in my opinion the best in the business also.
Very happy with everything and I highly recommend DQ Electrical.
Hide Derek's Comment

3/5

4kW

Got the job done

Great work and friendly service from minh, copper and michael got the job done.
Process at the beginning a bit slow but when Ben show up and got the ball rolling everything went smoothly with a install date just Tesla battery ,gateway and install
Hide Michael's Comment

Very happy customer

We had a really good experience with DQ Electrical for installation of our LG Solar Panels and Fronius Inverter. The price was fantastic, we paid a bit more coz we wanted the very best. Installation was on time. We did not had to chase anyone for anything. Everything from quote, to acceptance of offer, to agreement of installation date, to installation, to grid connection, nothing had to followed up twice. Within less than 2 weeks our meter was changed by the electrical company and our solar system was starting to generate money for us. I would like to emphasise on the installation, which was very professional, no dramas, both the installers were in and out within 5 hours. The installer even helped set app on our mobile and helped us understand the next steps. All in all our experience has been really great and we cannot recommend DQ enough for the great work their team has delivered. We are happy and satisfied customers. Thanks DQ Electrical.
Hide Kapil's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great company to work worth. Smooth Process.

From the moment I emailed DQ Electrical for a solar quote till the moment we had our solar installed there was great communication from them.

Their quoting process was thorough, it showed the different options they had available for me to choose from. They were upfront with everything and made sure I knew that it wasn't necessary to add more panels, which I find amazing as some sales people can sell you things that you don't need, so it was much appreciated. They consistently asked if I had any questions and told me to contact them without hesitation.

Installation what great, they were friendly, cleaned up the space really well and were helpful with the sign up process to the app/website we needed to track our solar info. Our grid connection/meter reconfiguration seemed to have already been dealt to as I had rang up after installation to sort it out and was told by my power company that a request was already in process.

I was very happy that I chose DQ Electrical and have recommended them to my family and friends looking at getting solar.
Hide Angelina's Comment

An excellent experience.

The process from start to finish was faultless, it was like they could not do enough for you to make it a seamless installation.
The communication was excellent and the installers were great and cleaned up everything once they had finished it.
If you want a high quality Solar system I would highly recommend DQ Electrical as they were very professional & so easy to deal with.
Hide Ian's Comment

JA Solar

Inverter Brand

Quality Product and Amazing Team on board too!

Every staff member I dealt with went above and beyond. Id like to give a special thanks to my installers as they were so nice and easy going. Made it easy to understand and very friendly!
Hide Chris's Comment

Exactly as we planned

All aspects of our plans made initially were followed right through to completion with professionalism and courtesy and cooperatively with our wishes.
The office staff and the installation tradespeople have been a pleasure to deal with completing all the necessary steps for us and their follow-up has been very much appreciated.
Hide Terry's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very simple experience with best price for a very high quality system

Ben was very helpful with design and quote and really understood our needs.
The install happened as planned and was exactly as Ben quoted. No surprises.
The install team of 4 did a brilliant job and fully cleaned up after.
Very happy customer.
After a few days Origin got the new meter going and we are now enjoying free power and feedin credits.

Hide Phil's Comment

JA Solar

Original Review on 19-06-2020:

A great help in the selection process.

After reading lots of information from their website I received 3 quotes from SolarQuotes. Wanting to seek more info I noticed more installers listed on Finn's page and rang DQ Electrical, right from the start I felt comfortable chatting with Ben who made sense of PV solar. Yes the decision came down to price but Ben was able to make changes that others either wouldn't or resisted to do. Installation day went smooth even though they first had to decommission an existing system, with the installation complete, electricity could be exported immediately as our meter was compatable. I also like to thank Lilia for her help during the process. A special thanks to Josh and the boys for the great installation, their punctuality and tidiness.

Follow Up Review on 15-02-2021:

Feb 2021 - This 6.6Kw system is performing to my expectations even though we are only using 25% of generation. Please keep your eye on your retailers supply charge and cost per kW hr as prices very enormously. So far my bill has gone from $300-400 per quarter to $0.00, I'm interested to see the performance during a full winter cycle.
The Installation by DQ Electrical was faultless and they have been in contact several times since.
Thanks to Finn, his team and all there information, it made the whole process understandable for an average person.
Hide Mark's Comment

Inverter Brand

High quality at a good price

Very professional

Great to deal with

Very easy from start to finish

High quality work and installation

Hide Neil's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Jinko Solar

Solar and Battery System

Installation team arrived on time and were well organized and a happy team.

System has been operating for a week with only minor grid import.
Very happy with installation and performance.

Hide Rob's Comment

Inverter Brand

Service was top notch from start to finish

Highly recommended company
Very happy with the service

Hide Sav's Comment

9kW

Easy, fast & friendly

Extremely efficient, answered my questions from the installers to customer service. Very happy! look forward to living the solar life thanks to DQ electrical.
Hide Seb's Comment

Inverter Brand

Professional company with fantastic installers.

DQ Electrical were highly recommended to us and with good reason. From the very initial contact to the final installation they were extremely professional and friendly.
We were guided through the whole process and the installation was finished with complete satisfaction.
Choosing an installer can be a daunting. Just as DQ Electrical were recommended to us, we would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them too.

Hide Andrew's Comment

3.3kW

$2,000 to $4,000

Inverter Brand

A efficient and professional organisation

From the beginning of the quotation until the handover of the installation , it was a professional and very efficient service.

Definitely not the cheapest but very well presented and delivered.

Hide John's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great work start to finish

Very well explained quote, any questions were quickly answered and made sure I understood everything and the system was tailored to our needs. Installers were there on time, very polite and cleaned up once they were done which unfortunately is hard to come by nowadays. DQ organised everything with agl which made life much easier for us would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for solar!
Hide Matt's Comment

Inverter Brand

Top quality workmanship and friendly staff

From the first contact until the installation it was a pleasure speaking to anyone number of people at DQ Electrical about my system. The sales staff, installation coordinator and finally the trades doing the install all were friendly and welcoming of a chat. The sales staff were knowledgable and helpful with initial questions and system design. DQ Electrical organised everything with my electricity provider for a SmartMeter switch over, which helped with not having to worry about it myself. The installers were great, the job was originally quoted for 2 days but 6 of them got it done in a single day. The site was clean and tidy, no issues with anything from start to finish with DQ Electrical. A top notch outfit for solar installations.
Hide Ben's Comment

8kW

Helpful and smooth installation

Installers were polite and punctual. Great customer service and was organised

Answered all my questions and explained to me very thoroughly
Hide Thi's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great Installer, professional, polite and informative

- Sales/quoting process was seamless. Informative and able to provide all details and answer any questions.
- Installation was great. Work men on site were polite, clean/tidy and punctual. They were also able to respond to any questions I had.
- Customer service also great. They have assisted with the answer questions for grid connection and advise if there are any issues or further questions to call. So far so good.
Hide Damian's Comment

5kW

Inverter Brand

Easy process via direct referal

- Company came recommended from friend of a friend (who has a DQ installed system)
- Maddy (customers service), Matt (Sales), & Rev (Installation) all very professional and courteous
- Quoted 3 options. No pressure throughout sales process
- Communication was excellent throughout
- Deadlines adhered too
- Installation straight forward with no hiccups
- System up and running!
Hide Sam's Comment

Inverter Brand

Well done Don and his team

After receiving 4 quotes for solar I decided to go with DQ Electrical. The whole process from start to finish was without any major issues.
The quote was very detailed.
Don explained the quote and process in detail, communication from all the staff was very good , any questions I had were answered.
Installers arrived on date and time specified, were polite, worked well as a team, tidied up well.
Don visited site on day of install to make sure all was ok.
Installers had to take photos of work done
All necessary paperwork for SA Power Network and Energy Retailer was completed promptly by DQ Electrical
Very happy with the way the system looks on the roof and the quality of the work.
Received phone call day after install for any feedback on the install
Looking forward to the benefits of the investment.
Hide Peter's Comment

Highly Recommend DQElectrical

DQ Electrical have an amazing team working together. They were competitive on price, full of knowledge and totally professional.
From the first phone contact I was impressed by the friendly helpfulness of every one I spoke to.
Ben was so patient and friendly, he explained the different solar options and how they work on several occasions, never once making us feel like idiots for asking the same things over and over.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, we had to change the date of installation twice, which they accomodated without complaint.
Maddy in admin was always friendly, helpful and pleasant to speak to on the phone. Messages were always passed on and Ben always got back to us quickly.
The team that installed the solar, Rev, Jackson and another lad whom I unfortunately did not get his name, were all so reliable, professional, friendly and courteous, it was a pleasure to have them working on our house.
Rev explained everything before progressing to ensure we understood, he helped us set up the app on the phone and showed us how to read the reports.
It was a real pleasure to have such nice people working around our home.
The whole process from start to finish was smooth and hassle free.
I would definately recommend DQ Electrical to anyone thinking of getting solar.
Hide Sheryl's Comment

Original Review on 23-04-2020:

Yet to be installed so I cannot rate it yet. Booked in for May 14th & 15th

The system is yet to be installed but the service to date has been friendly, efficient, prompt and punctual.

Installation: N/A

Follow Up Review on 24-12-2020:

So far so good after only 7 months.
Hide Dean's Comment

ABB

Fantastic

From quoting to instalation everything went smoothly & they organize everything. Guys were professional, polite & friendly. Woud recommended DQ to friends & family.
Hide Lidija's Comment

Recomended Company

Fast and friendly customer service. The intaler were punctual tidy and loves to drink beer. All in all very good company, Recomended to evryone.
Hide Ulysess's Comment

Highly Recommended

I knew as soon as I received the quotes through Solar Quotes that I would be choosing DQ Electrical. Their quoting was head-and-shoulders above the others - easy to understand information, fair prices for different options, and they were a local company. Then COVID-19 arrived on the scene and I pushed back the decision for several months. Eventually, I asked DQ to re-quote which they did promptly and I chose one of their systems.

The whole process from quoting to installation, to customer service/admin, was professional, polite, punctual and painless. The system is now working well and we are very happy with it.

I highly recommend DQ Electrical as a solar installer.

Hide Heather's Comment

15kW

Fantastic Service from Start to finish

I will start with information and getting options on systems, Ben was so helpful pricing and giving help on best system for our situation , Thanks Ben.
We were kept in touch all the way through wait to installation by Maddie (or Close) including after installation.
What a pleasure it was to have the team guys who did installation, all smiling and happy to work together and do anything to make customer happy and informed.
Left everything clean and tidy.
Very Happy and system is working fantastically

Hide Kevin's Comment

Inverter Brand

Best value for money system in Adelaide

I wanted a quality solar system which would remain effective over time but I couldn't afford a top of the range system. I was hesitant about getting a system for my house because the roof is partially shaded but Ben (the consultant) was able to clearly explain the different types of systems available which can alleviate a shade issue and articulate why he recommended the system which best suited my house.

The work on the day was brilliant. Not only was the system installed promptly by qualified electricians who knew what they were doing, when they were testing the system they picked up that one of the earth wires to my house was faulty and called SA Power Networks who came and repaired the wire. That they were able to explain exactly what was wrong in technician speak to SAPN probably saved a significant amount of time as they were able to clearly identify the issue. Once it was repaired they came back and switched the system on. The office staff were also great, helping me get the system on to the grid.

It should be noted that the price I paid also included a new switchboard. The one I had was the original one to the house (1974) and needed to be replaced.

I have no hesitation at all in recommending DQ Electrical to anyone who is looking for a solar system, or indeed any other electrical work.
Hide Jenny's Comment

Fantastic Installer, AMAZING TEAM

Following the initial consultation, I found the team at DQ Electrical Pty Ltd to be very supportive and informative.
FinancialOptions were available and easy to apply for.
Comparisons of various systems were supplied to assist with decision making.
Smooth and seamless installation. The team were punctual and delivered on all promises. I can and will highly recommend the team at DQ Electrical Pty Ltd for all future installs to friends and family.
I was shown how there system works and how to troubleshoot (if ever required (in layman’s terms)) and was assisted in setting up App.
The team very tidy and I can’t say an negative thing about my whole experience. DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Should be very proud of their team.

Hide Vincent's Comment

Where do i start

I cant speak highly enough of this company DQ electrical and particularly the top dog who runs it, "Big Don".
I could go on and on, but ill cut to the chase,
If you want a company and leader that is switched on,
You got to choose "DQ electrical ".
If you want a high level of professionalism, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want peace of mind, knowing your back is covered, choose "DQ electrical",
If you want a great and tidy install, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want top installers, that know there craft, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want a fair and honest price, choose "DQ electrical".
If your on a budget and want options, choose "DQ electrical".
If your after a business that are not overpowering, choose "DQ electrical".
If you have any questions, no matter if you think the question may be silly or how many times you might ask a question, choose "DQ electrical".
if want a company that will work with you to achieve an end result you want, choose "DQ electrical".
If you want an over all relaxed and informative solar experience, you really got to choose "DQ electrical". uhhhhhhhh!
if you want biscotti, mmmmmmmmm then don't choose DQ electrical.
Hang on, did i say id cut to the chase ?
DQ electrical and Big Don,............ a company and person i trust and recommend.
Hide John's Comment

Inverter Brand

professional, quality and cheap.

We bought the highest quality panels and inverter as we want the system to last for 25+ years (hence the system price). After getting quotes from 5 different companies we found DQ Electricals quote to be the most reasonable for the 6.6kw system with LG neon 2 350w panels and a fronius 5kw inverter. Their customer service was great, they were helpful and easy to deal with. Having different options quoted, questions answered and information provided was no problem.They came when they said they would and did the job to the standard we expected. The workers left my drive way cleaner than it was before they arrived.

Its unusual for me to give a 5 star review but I literally have no complaints. I would have no problem recommending them to friends and family.
Hide Devin's Comment

Job well done !

Instillation was moved forward 2 weeks and the job was done all in one day ! Weather was on our side ;)

Plenty of communication and after service chats . System is up and running great !

Good group of lads and cleaned up nicely after the job !

Hide Ross's Comment

4kW

First class service

All the process from quoting to installation has been a good experience. Staff know what they are talking about and do not press a sale. Patience was also demonstrated (as they explain and re-explain). Good and opportune communication including from admin staff. Punctuality, politeness highly appreciated. They cleaned everything after installation. Follow-up and support from admin staff with paperwork and installation of app.
Hide Amelia's Comment

Premium Quality, Exceptional Service and Great Value

I was looking for a solar installation that would maximise the use of our available roof space at the right price point. Not all of the installers I approached understood that, but Ben from DQ Electrical did, quoting installation of a panel that was shortly to become available in Australia that would be the perfect fit for our roof. Their quotes are professionally laid out, easy to read with all the details and concept plans so you know exactly what you are getting upfront.

Ben was very professional, and on the site visit to confirm the details, he suggested a change to the location of the second array that would vastly improve the aesthetics of the installation with minimal impact on performance.

The installers were prompt and friendly, answered all my questions, and were very professional in their manner.

Our installation did suffer some delays outside the control of DQ Electrical (due to the SA 3-day Covid lockdown), which delayed the arrival of the panels and necessitated an additional half day to complete the install. The admin staff kept me informed throughout and the install team worked a Sunday to make sure our delay was minimal.

In the future, we intend to connect a battery to our 7.7kW installation and it will be an easy decision where we will go to complete that upgrade. We are very happy with the quality of DQ Electrical's work, and would highly recommend them.

Hide Ben's Comment

Great Service and Install

Great communication throughout the process and easy no fuss installation.
Hide Vannarin's Comment

Hyundai Solar

Superior service

Right from the start I was well looked after. The response was quick and the communication excellent. Ben very clearly explained the solar process and quoted on a system that was suitable for our home with clear information and honest advice. The information I was sent explained everything in simple terms so made it easy to select the right system.

The installers arrived on time and were all very professional and friendly. They happily answered all my questions amd left the premises clean and tidy
At the end of the install they explained how the system worked and made sure I could access all the information about my inverter straight away.

I could not be more happier with the professional and friendly service I received not just from the sales team but also from the admin team and installers and I would gladly recommend DQ Electrical especially to those who may be confused about the mechanics of choosing the right solar system for them.

I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for solar In Adelaide.
Hide Tania's Comment

Hyundai Solar

Inverter Brand

Ben and team are top tier professionals

Ben and Lilia ensured that the service was attentive and personalised from start to finish.

The DQ designer knew exactly what I wanted without me having to tell them.

Ben recommended I delay consideration of storage until the Solar Analytics has at least a year's worth of usage data. I couldn't believe how fast he diagnosed and solved potential issues in his head just from a photograph, months before the install day.

When my preferred brand wasn't shipped in time for install day, DQ upgraded me at no extra cost.

The installation itself started early and went off without a hitch.

Hide Oscar's Comment

No More Power Bills

System installed about a month after quote 6.6kw system installed in four hours very happy with whole process can see via app how much power panels are making would recommend
Hide Wayne 's Comment

15kW

More than $20,000

Enphase

Battery Brand

Don the owner is very helpful and knowledgeable with regards to way he advised us about our solar, his staff are very friendly and exacting at their installation they always maintained cleanliness.

Don and his staff helped us with every aspect of the design and pricing of the system, very happy with the system.
Hide Joseph's Comment

A Great Experience.

A great company to work with, very reactive and approachable. The process from quote to to installation was very professional and tailored to meet our needs.
The installation team were prompt and not intrusive at all.
The site was left clean and the after sales contact has been great. I would be very happy to recommend this company at any time.
Hide Noel's Comment