DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

About DQ Electrical Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
DQ Electrical Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 99 167 806 733  ABN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
ACN: 167 806 733  ACN active since 31 Jan 2014 | Dq Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 274201 Dq Electrical Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,350 - $12,000 depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

At DQ Electrical, we specialise in renewable energy technologies. We work with home and business owners across Adelaide to tackle one of their biggest problems – a growing electricity bill and, instead, generating their own energy.

Family owned and operated, DQ was founded by Don Quattrocchi in 2009. The business has grown from sole trader to a group of creative, professional electricians that homes and businesses can rely on.

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

quality system.

No pressure in the sales approach, competent local tradespersons, great result, recommended. Show additional information

Excellent customer service and installation.

Sales rep very professional, easy to talk to, explained the process a number of times to make sure I understood and that made me feel comfortable.
The installation was carried out a few weeks prior to the original date. I was introduced to the 3 young men and they got on with the job, and within a few hours, finished.
It was nice to see them working and not on their mobiles socializing. The area was left clean and tidy and were punctual at 7.30 am.
DQ electrical organised with my electricity company re installation of smart meter.

Professional and efficient installation.

The sales people were quick and easy to work with. The installation guys were efficient and professional. They know what they are doing Show additional information

Great team to deal with

Very happy with the experience when dealing with DQ Electrical
Main reason for selecting them was that they listened and offered what I wanted.
I had an existing PV system and wanted to add to it. No other supplier wanted to do that.
Customer service and installations teams were a dream to deal with

Fantastic company to deal with from start to finish

Excellent company very professional and very understanding not pushy at all,phone staff in the office were a pleasure to deal with installers that came out were very professional and polite no mess they went above and beyond what they needed to absolutely no issues at all smooth transaction from start to finish.
Very happy with DQ and the Installers highly recommended 10/10

Super happy

We had Reg as our installer, super happy with the workmanship from his team and I appreciate the respect he gave my partner and I on explaining the system, how it works and for our property and ensuring our concerns were listened to.
DQ electrical have a great asset on their hands.

Professional and polite Sales and Install team

Great team to deal with easy to speak to and quick to get back regarding questions and options .
Sales , Admin and Install team very professional and polite , able to answer questions and provide solution to match budget and expectations .
Install team great , very tidy install with attention to detail and regulations .

A job well done!

Before finding the SolarQuotes website, I didn't know where to start.
I was seeking a quality system at a fair price. Living within a Strata with limited space, I was fussy where the panels and inverter would be located.
Of the quotes I received, I choose DQ Electrical on the basis of the quality of components they were offering and at a competitive price (including a promotional discount for LG panels which I converted to a Fronius Smart Meter being included). I was happy with the customer service at every stage of quotation and installation.
The installers (Reg & Josh) were on time, friendly, polite, professional and did an outstanding job. They explained the operation of the inverter, SolarWeb usage and how to contact the electricity retailer for a replacement energy meter. They left the site neat and tidy.
I would thoroughly recommend DQ Electrical to family, friends and anyone after honest and excellent service!

Professional & respectfull installers with a quality midrange system.

A factual & thorough sales process. All my questions were answered clearly.
Installation occurred on time and were very informative and professional.
A detailed instruction was given on how to operate the system.
Extremely happy with the service, right through the sales, office assistance and installation.
DQ were very happy to work with me on my exact requirements, which was adding to/adapting an existing system, when others only wanted to sell their standard system to me and didn't want to touch anything else.
They were quite happy to look at a large variety of options, both making suggestions, but also listening to what the customer wanted. They are also competitive on price, taking into account the better level of components they are installing. The install itself is not completed yet, but I expect it to be top notch

Highly Recommended

Solarquotes provided 4 companies to contact. All replied within a day or 2. We went with DQ on a cost basis and quicker installation date. There was a fairly consistent choice of panel and inverter options for each company, which gave us confidence we were dealing with reputable suppliers.

DQ provided an excellent service from the quotation and setup stage, were prompt with an on-site visit, and kept us in the loop throughout the entire process. Their price was competitive, office staff readily accessible for any queries arising, and the installation team were professional and did a commendable job on a hot day. A good outcome was making a change on the installation layout to ensure we were not affected by some shade infringing on the original plan. Process to arrange smart meter connection was reasonably straightforward - DQ provided contacts for our electricity supplier and sent an email confirming installation to them.

The online monitoring app is taking a few attempts to setup. DQ have sent clear instructions on how to do this, but it is a tad complicated! Overall I can recommend DQ aas a good company to deal with.
We are currently overseas, but the system is to be installed on May 22. We were also mutely delighted with all aspects. We were even more convinced when a friend in the know, who has been researching solar for years for the housing community he lives in, independently decided that DQ was the best company to work through for a major installation.
Thanks so much for the amazing service you provide, Finn and team at Solar Quotes.
Ivan Christian

Informative, Professional nothing too much trouble

Ben did the quoting he suggested change to our original request as that he thought would benefit us more (still quoted for both what we asked for and his suggestion so we could compare), really informative but not at all pushy.
Installation arranged the guys arrived on time, polite & professional not one piece of rubbish left behind - if you didn't look on roof you wouldn't have know they had been.
Change over meter organized by company (now we just have to wait for AGL who I am sure won't be as efficient as DQ)

Better quoted system than other installers offered for a similar price / installed as promised - no issues - overall good experience.

Sales person and their office was very helpful and polite - couldn't do enough to help.
The installation guys were great - on time / polite / knowledgeable and very helpful
Only waiting on the fitting of the smart meter by Origin which they have already organised for us - great.

A fairly difficult installation handled well by DQ

Quoting process was complicated due mainly to the size and layout of the system. I added a little to the the complexity by asking a long series of questions and doing a lot of research myself.
The installation was conducted very well considering that some 100 of the tiles on the roof cracked on contact. Purchase of replacement tiles was done by me the first time and the second time by the company. Punctuality was at times less than perfect . Installers were quite good about cleaning up.
As far as i know the system is running. DQ did well to get it in place before Christmas - that part was much appreciated.
I am also very appreciative of the honesty of the rep as he recommended not putting panels on the fragile tile roof. They managed to put up a 6 Kw system on the steel section of the roof.We will look at reroofing the tiles section in steel and then putting on more panels in the future.

Fantastic service and great rates

Very friendly and professional.also informative.explained everything.very happy with our system Show additional information

Great work and happy customers

True to their word, on time and on cost. Reliable and more importantly, professional. They quote it and they install it, now that gave us peace of mind. No contractors or cowboys involved. Thank you. Show additional information

Never too hot.

With a forecast temp of 42 degees, dq's team of 5 installers arrived early in the morning and completed the installation of 19 panels
before lunchtime.
A very efficient and very well coordinated team of electricians.
I cannot speak highly enough of their performance.

Great experience

From start point the information and demonstration by Ben was very good. Also the process of getting things approved was Quick and easy.
On the Day of installation, it was very hot but the team did fantastic job, on time, tidy and kept informed. Did Quick test and did demo of system functionality.
Very happy with the service received have and will recommended to other friends and family

Sooooo happy we went with DQ!

I had my solar system installed recently with DQ Electrical and I am really pleased and impressed with the whole experience. Don was very professional and listened to my requirements (power usage, timing/scheduling, etc.). The price was very competitive for quality panels and inverter (I didn’t want anything cheap). I am renovating my home and nearing completion with finished flooring. The DQ Electrical installation team were polite, neat, careful and very considerate. If you’re reading this and thinking of installing solar I can’t recommend DQ high enough. I will also be telling my friends and family! Thanks again, Jabez. Show additional information

Great quality, installation and price.

I appreciated the offer to have one of their staff come to discuss my requirements, rather than just sending me quotes via email in the first instance. I knew my stuff but asked a lot of questions nonetheless, and was pleased with the information conveyed. I went for a premium system including the latest black PV panels. I haggled the price somewhat and was very pleased with the final cost given the size and quality of the system. The black panels with no bus bars visible actually look pretty cool on our large roof! And the system is running a treat. Really impressed how early in the morning it's generating substantial power. Installation was very professional and I couldn't have been more pleased. The customer service was very good. All round I can heartily recommend these guys. I could have bought a cheaper system but am very pleased I spent the money on high quality components. Show additional information

Great system and service

Provided good level of information along the way, installed on time with a minimum of fuss, helped connect to inverter app and explained working of inverter. Show additional information

Replacement system

Good price. Punctual. Efficient and polite.Totally satisfied with quoted price and the professional attitude of Ben the quoter Reg and Josh the installers Show additional information

Great guys to deal with! Thank you!

With so many solar installers around, it was really hard to choose a solar system within your budget. They offered so many diff. configurations with diff. brands of the solar panels and the batteries. With so many phone calls and research on the Internet, I felt so lucky to have DQ Electrical on board to consult and install the best system for my new home! The process wasn't easy as there were a few minor issues with my home existing electrical system. However, DQ team (Ben Ryan and the crews) have helped to sort them out promptly with very minimal cost! Their quality of the installation was also top-notch, neat and tidy. Definitely they are the best solar guys in Adelaide. Friendly and very easy to deal with! Show additional information

Installing process first rate

Installation was best part of experience . Fast efficient and polite . Took time to explain Show additional information
We decided to go with DQ Electrical as Donato Quattrocchi not only was a licensed electrician he also owned the company. He was a real gentleman and not a pushy salesman working on commission and seemed very down to earth and genuine. He knew what he was talking about and left us to make the decision without any pressure. Show additional information

Very professional organisation

Very professional organisation. Installers were excellent and end-product is as good as I had hoped for. Well done guys. Show additional information

Fantastic installing team.

Good quoting and professional follow up. Installing team were fantastic, very polite, courteous and extremely efficient. Only mix up was about installing the smart metre. Show additional information

Awesome from end to end

I found the whole process with Brian from DQ Electrical ‘unsalesy’, genuine and very helpful. They also gave very good advice compared to other providers I spoke with (which was about 7!).
There’s one thing being good at sales, but the installation was sincerely one of the most professional experiences. Nik was an absolute pleasure, respectful, organised and took his job and the process seriously with the entire installation team. He was such a nice guy too.
We installed the LG Neon 2 system as the product warranty was far superior (25 years product!) and I just couldn’t trust the other panel quality so decided it was worth the extra money so we have no worries for the next 25 years!
Thanks Brian and Nik and the team at DQ Electrical, I’ll be referring anyone without hesitation.

Highly recomend

It was the sale pitch that was the most honest out of all the quotes
The installation went smoothly, the guys were great polite and instilled confidence.

It was a painless exercise from start to finish

Great install & service

Sales & admin teams were very friendly and helpful. Ben was incredibly easy to deal with. Full of facts, and no pressue, helped me make a final decision on panel brand.

Install teams showed up on time as expected, and completed all work cleanly, and to a very high standard. Made an extra effort to get cables installed neatly in the cavity behind a hebel wall, which wasn't easy. Very polite fellas, followed all their health & safety processes, no corners cut, and cleaned up after themselves. Took the time to ensure the inverter was fully online, accounts added, and go through the shutdown / startup process.

Extremely happy with the communication and customer service from the whole company. I was never left wondering about what was happening next. Follow ups always happened as promised. DQ used technology very effictevely also, which was a major benefit in my view. Online invoicing & forms made getting final documentation signed a breeze. Their test array of demo panels was an impressive show of commitement to proving the products they recommend and sell.

Great customer service & great installation

DQ Electrical was very professional throughout the whole process.
Brian & Don were fantastic to deal with & the installers (Reg & team) were superb.!!!!.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical.

Total fantastic experience

The sales and quoting was informative and very helpful.
The installers were on time very polite and very friendly.
The customer service was exceptional.
Overall experience was great

Smooth process start to finish

Kept in communication. Full admin and support team. Fully concealed cable work. Great job Show additional information

Fantastic installer DQ Electrical

I knew DQ Electrical from one of my friends who got solar system installed by them. My house only have east and west facing roofs and no space on north, but the pool heating system occupies the west facing roof. Brian was very helpful and suggested a solution that splits the pool heating system onto both sides of the roof and installs solar panels on both sides at the same time. This is a wonderful solution and I managed to find another pool heating system technician to install the new pool solar heating system and have DQ Electrical to install solar panels afterwards. The installation was very professional and I am very happy with the solar output now. Actually I also found it's not that bad to install the solar panels on east and west facing roofs as it will start to generate power earlier than the panels on north facing roof. Show additional information

A Rare Breed

It is not often that you deal with a company that delivers on its promises, quotes on time, installs on time, does so neatly and collaboratively, does a proper handover after commissioning and then leaves the place cleaner than they found it. We cannot recommend this company highly enough. DQ is certainly the benchmark. Show additional information

Professional job.

Simple and informative quoting and sales process.
Team turned up on time, and despite the warm weather completed the job without fuss. Very neat and tidy job.
Ran me through the monitoring system and inverter shutdown procedure.
Extremely happy with all facets of the installation.

DQ staff very courteous, friendly and explained everything in a clear concise manner Show additional information

Great Service

We did a lot of research before deciding to install solar at our town house in Kent Town. It can be a confusing process and there are a lot of “pop up” companies, which are here today and gone tomorrow.
Our first contact with DQ ELECTRICAL was by phone to Brian. Brian was a breath of fresh air, as he was both knowledgeable and personable. From accepting the quote to installation, the process was made simple with continual communication.
DQ ELECTRICAL installers are employed by the company and not sub contractors working for various other companies. The installers led by Reg went over and above to deliver a seamless experience.
It’s great to be supporting a Adelaide family owned business. A big thank you to Don, Brian, Reg, Damian, Michael, Josh and Joseph.

Great service. Highly recommend.

Sales person was prompt and polite - able to negotiate a good price. Install team was on time, efficient, friendly and cleaned site after install. All communication with the office staff was pleasant and timely. Very happy with the end product. I Would highly recommend this company. Show additional information

Detailed quote, friendly service

Prompt reply, detailed quotes, mapped the shadows on our roof to determine best panel placement, quick installation by friendly electricians who also relocated our tv aerial for free. Show additional information

Fantastic installer!

The whole process was a pleasure from the beginning to the end. The installation team arrived on time, done beautiful job installing the panels and inverter, cleaned up after the job was done. Very polite, helpful and knowledgeable. Well done DQ! Show additional information

great installation & system

The Clipsal team have been great to deal with from first contact till after installation. The system looks great and works fantastic. The installation team were polite punctual and very professional. I would highly recommended Clipsal Solar for there knowledgeable staff and professional service Show additional information

Great Service. Excellent installation

The sales/quoting process was very informative and well explained. The installation went very smoothly considering a difficult installation on multi-story house involving the removal of existing redundant system. The installers were very polite and courteous and took the time to explain the agenda for the day at the beginning of the installation. The installation was very neat and all the redundant waste material was cleared from the site. The installer also connected the system to the home network so I am able to monitor the energy production throughout the day - which is very insightful in showing how well the system is currently operating. I'm very happy with the service and installation overall. Show additional information

Truly great experience, fantastic customer service

Ben from DQ was really good to work with, also after the sale was closed. The guys doing the installation were very well behaved, good community. We have rarely experienced such good interaction and service from any tradies, this was truly exceptional.
To top it off, the price was competitive, probably second best from the field of quotes we requested. (Actually, we did the ROI calculations based on the system’s estimated production for our location and roof orientations etc. and our family’s estimated day/night consumption pattern, and our new electricity retailer’s tariffs, and DQ’s proposed system and price came out best.)
Highly recommended.
I was pleased with my choice of solar installer following your provision of 3 installers in Adelaide. All gave me prompt responses and good prices, but DQ Electrical was not only the best price, but the most informative on how the system works and Don was able to answer the questions that I put to him about when the job could be done and what I could expect to save. He also showed me how to register to monitor the system and turning the Inverter on and off etc. I believe I made a very good choice of provider and would be happy to recommend the company to others. Show additional information

Quality advice and service.

Very thorough and polite salesperson, who happily answered many questions before we decided, and who gave us different options. Considerations were discussed regarding our poor weather in winter being in Adelaide Hills. Looked carefully at our property in regard to positioning and shading, letting us know installer would possibly improve on placement, which they did. Installation was worked around roof repointing quite efficiently. Installation team was communicative, polite and efficient and discussed battery and two inverter location options. A very minor repair was required, which the owner personally and promptly communicated to us about. It was very quickly actioned and sorted. We have easily contacted staff who explained the monitoring system. The explanations and efficiency extended to the power network paperwork. We are now waiting on our power provider to upgrade to a smartmeter in the next few days. Show additional information

Great company

Barry was very positive in helping us to determine the best solution for our requirements but never pushed us into making a quick decision. He explained the plusses and minuses of each option and gave potential financial outcomes for each one to help us determine what really suited us and our budget and not the sales person (not like other vendors !).
Communication was very good and installation was on time and incident free with the crew being very professional and friendly, the site was left clean and tidy, they even helped remove birds who had been nesting in our roof.