DQ Electrical Pty Ltd

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

We design, supply and install a complete custom photovoltaic (PV) system to your individual specifications. During the initial consultations, we’ll offer various system options and configurations, based on your property layout and needs. CEC accredited, our solar technicians are qualified to handle all capacities of the solar energy system work. See our solar power work in action.

Organise a free measure and quote with us today. Determine whether solar power is for you.

Adelaide-based DQ Electrical provides end-to-end residential, commercial and industrial support. Our team of highly-skilled electricians are committed to delivering efficient, low-cost solutions, tailored to your individual budget and requirements.

The DQ ethos is accompanied by long-lasting relationships, exceptional service standards, competitive prices. We work with home owners, businesses, builders and real estate agents.

Our people are passionate about the industry and believe that professionalism and dedication to providing excellent customer service are key to achieving ongoing success as a growing local business. Whether you need us to replace a faulty light fitting or power point, install a custom solar energy system or design the entire switchboard for your industrial space, hire our licensed electricians.

We’re available between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and by appointment on the weekends. Let’s talk about your needs.

Reviewers report paying: $3,999 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

DQ Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (391)

Great install, amazing company

Quote was excellent , sales process was great.
Installation was great, tradies were amazing, great at communication, even done some extra work for me.
After sale help has been exceptional. Even added a smart meter for free.
I highly recommend DQ Electrical! Will be using them as my electricians and have been referring friends and family as they are so good.

Fantastic Company

The whole process was seamless from discussing with the sales rep, to the accounts and the installers. The 3 lads did a exceptional job installing the system, kept me informed through the whole day. They went through the whole unit, set up my web / APP so i can see whats going on. The site was left clean and tidy. I would recommend DQ Electrical to my family and Friends

Excellent

The process from initial contact to installation was excellent. Great communication, helpful, customer centred, and on time installation. Gave lots of information, answered questions

Outstanding Solar Installer

After months of research and several quotes from six different providers, I ended up choosing DQ Electrical for our installation. From the outset, it was clear that I made the right choice;
- The advice from Ben our consultant was informative and made me consider some options which others didn't even mention
- The proposal was presented on an interactive platform with all the information at hand.
- The quote was competitive with the other suppliers and DQ were able to source the latest panels from LG (NeON-H)
- The installation process was well organised and communication was excellent with the office.
- The installers (Rev, Callum, Josh and Harrison) were professional, polite and on time. I was consulted when issues were encountered and the final install was perfect. The install was neat and professionally done - everything was tidied up and all rubbish was removed. Amazing!

For anyone considering a solar install in Adelaide, check out DQ Electrical!

Professional Team

Excellent team, very professional, provided great quotes with good detail and answered all our questions. The installation went to plan and specification, with good interactions and communications at all levels. Highly recommended

Job well done.

Don followed the process from start to finish. They were punctual and professional in there approach to the install.
Don explained the process and went through the setup and workings of the system.
Answered any questions that i had and provided information on any future requirements that I may need.
Good company to deal with.
Office staff were very helpful also.?

Excellent system from a quality installer

DQ electrical (Ben, Nick and site team) were really helpful with assisting me determine the best design and products for my location. They were prompt on site and always returned my calls. The on-site works were as promised and the site personnel were courteous and did what they said they would do. I would recommend DQ Electrical for the design and installation of solar

Professional Installers

DQ Electrical have done a fantastic job with the installation.

Contacted DQ electrical and spoke to Maddy from the admin team. The team were polite, friendly and quite helpful.

I am really happy & satisfied, as Ben went through everything with me in detail. He was really patient & answered so many questions.

Above all, he provided an Excellent design for panel layout to maximise efficiency. He made recommendations on the inverter that would best be suited for a property that has some shading.

We chose the new LG Neon-H 390 Wp series, and can confirm the price for this new release was reasonable & fair.

The team were punctual & sharp on time. The installation was professionally done and completed in 2 days as planned & communicated.

Neat job with pictures provided to me for reference as well.

I would definitely rate them 5 stars for customer service. They are also accredited LG certified installers. Everything was professionally organised & done well.

After installation was complete, I got my retailer to remote access & configure my smart metre to solar with no hassles. It was set up within 4 hours.

My app. to monitor panels & inverter was set up the very next day after installation.

It doesn’t matter if it is a small, medium or large solar system. They are highly recommended and I will definitely be recommending DQ Electrical to my friends & family as well.

Keep up the good work.

Excellent Service

How was the sales/quoting process. - The price was competitive.
How did the installation go - Tidy, Punctual, Excellent
How was the customer service - Was excellent, continuous communication, great progress reporting and helped organise the grid connection after the install.

Great experience with DQ Electrical

The salesman Matt was extremely helpful and prompt to answer my questions and provide a quote on the several iterations we worked through, changing brands, system size etc.

The installation team were efficient and communicated well about the steps involved in installation. Our roof has terracotta tiles so I was concerned about breakages but these were minimal considering the job involved. The guys also identified and replaced some previously damaged tiles for me so full marks there. Due to a couple of rain delays there was a danger that our installation would not be completed by the end of the day however the owner arrived early afternoon to fast track things and he brought in other workers, once another installation was finished, so the job was completed in one day as promised!
The system is working well at this very early stage but we are still waiting for the meter exchange to finalise the process and enable us to feed in to the grid.

Brilliant system and service

We got many quotes and after a referral from a friend, decided to go with DQ Electrical and so glad we did. The professionalism, communication and work were second to none and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Answered emails in a timely manner, price was about the middle ground but found it to be excellent for the system we purchased. As it was a new build, they had to wait until handover to install the solar and come back to hook up the Solar Edge inverter to the internet and nothing was too much hassle, very accomodatinfg to our changing needs.
Great company.
Thanks very much

Great service from quotes to install

Great service, answered all my questions during quoting and gave me several solar options. Install went well with installers arriving when they told me.

Fast, efficient installation

The whole process was professionally managed and installed.
Fast, efficient installation with detail to quality of materials used

Excellent

The sales and quoting process was good. I was well informed of progress leading up to installation. The install team was professional and did a great job (neat and clean).

Professional from start to finish

By far DQE was the most comprehensive and clearly set out of the five quotes I received, with exact detail about the quoted system and what it should provide for me. On a like for like system DQE's pricing was very competitive.

Ben was knowledgeable and answered all my questions with accuracy and professionalism and effortlessly tailored the quote to my final requirements.

The installation was efficient and professional, all mess cleared up, system demonstrated and explained.

Overall I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend DQE.

Brilliant Installer

Very Professional and Organised from start to Finish. Job was completed very neat and Tidy and Tradie was very Detailed when explaining of the System

Very happy customers.

Sales quote was very thorough. Installation was quick and we did not have any problems. The installers were excellent, polite and explained the whole process from beginning to end.
Customer service was also excellent.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.
Also we were happy with the quote.

Great company

Very helpful and friendly team.
Quoting process straight forward.
Price very reasonable through Ben.
Installation without issue.
Intsallers were engaging and polite.
Overall customer service of excellent standard.

Fantastic Installation

I got a very good quote for DQ Electrical from 1st consultation to system installation is a very good experience and very friendly staff and excellent workmanship on installing the solar system.

Original Review on 28-11-2020:

Ben and team are top tier professionals

Ben and Lilia ensured that the service was attentive and personalised from start to finish.

The DQ designer knew exactly what I wanted without me having to tell them.

Ben recommended I delay consideration of storage until the Solar Analytics has at least a year's worth of usage data. I couldn't believe how fast he diagnosed and solved potential issues in his head just from a photograph, months before the install day.

When my preferred brand wasn't shipped in time for install day, DQ upgraded me at no extra cost.

The installation itself started early and went off without a hitch.

6 months later we asked Oscar: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System is chugging along fine. DQ Electrical provided the full Solar Analytics service so I know for sure it's doing precisely what I expected.

Solid performance

Solid and professional performance in all categories from a well regarded Adelaide solar installation company. “recommended”

Excellent work from start to finish

After months of research, qoutes from few solar companies and reading lots of reviews I finally decided to go with DQ Electrical as they only install top quality brands (LG, Fronius, Solar Edge. Tesla etc.) with 25 year manufacturer's and performance warranty . My experience with them were fantastic very professional from start to finish. All staff are very friendly and polite. The installation team arrived early and they explained to me whole process and then Minh showed me how the solar and battery system works. I couldn't be happier about their workmanship , very neat and tidy. I highly recommended this company. Don't
look elsewhere if you're on the market for solar.

Excellent solar installation experience.

DQ Electrical was recommended to us by a friend. We'd never heard of them but trusted our friend's assessment as they had done the homework on lots of installers and were very happy with DQ Electrical experience We were pleased with the sales /quoting process which was undertaken by the business owner Don.He talked us through the reasons they use quality European panels and invertors rather than cheaper units We decided to go ahead with the quoted price. DQ has its own permanently employed electricians and installers {no subcontractors}so if there are any issues they are dealt with straight away in-house {not palmed off to the subcontractor} The installation team turned up exactly on time, they were polite, very tidy and professional and there is no better advertisement for a company than its staff. They were great. Their follow up phone calls were done straight away to make sure we were happy with the way the install went. We couldn't be happier with the whole process and can thoroughly recommend DQ to anyone thinking about solar.

Brilliant Service and Great Products

From start to finish, they listened to what I really wanted instead of fobbing me off with something I didn't want. I researched into products the properly so I had a pretty good Idea. They gave me 4 estimates from differing panels to different Inverters, All the people who I talked to from office staff, estimator to I stallers were extremely helpful, They turned up on time and explained every process,

Excellent experience

Well after being told a pack of lies by Origin Energy re solar systems I got in touch with a number of installers for quotes and DQ were chosen for their price and the quality of their system.. no dodgy crap here.

Fantastic

DQ Electrical very professional company on all aspects. Congratulations to Ben, Troy and team.

DQElectrical - The Professionals!

There is nothing that I can think of to say negatively about DQElectrical. Being a retired electrician myself, obviously I’m very particular about the quality of workmanship when it comes to my own residence, but the tradesmen that came to install the solar system exceeded my expectations. From the very beginning after phoning Don (on the recommendation of a good friend), I was impressed by him and his attitude towards our needs with respect to where the inverter and battery would be located on the premises even though it made the installation more complex, but nothing was too much trouble for Don and his staff. The installation had a few minor hiccups that were quickly addressed and rectified by fitting some RCD’s at very little expense to me which was probably something I should have already done. The installation itself is very functional, neat and tidy. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the outcome and would encourage anyone to give Don or his staff a call if they are considering a new solar system.

Very happy

We have been thinking about having a solar panel system installed for some time but considered it all too hard.

DQ Electrical proved us wrong.

From my initial contact with Maddy in the office to installation date it was not difficult at all with no surprises on the way.

Salesman Matt explained everything in a way I could easily understand, and came to my property to ensure the roof on my 2 story home was easily accessible for the installation team.

Minh and his crew did a great job on installation day even replacing a couple of broken tiles which I considered above and beyond.

Overall it has been a harmless experience and I fully recommend DQ Electrical. In fact friends of mine have just signed for a system from DQ.

Graham Kirtland

Fantastic, highly recommend!

Very happy with the entire experience. Quote process much more streamlined and helpful than other companies that provided quotes. Staff very informative and patient and polite.

Very impressed with the install - people were great, respectful, tidy and helped identify and rectify other incidental electrical issues at our property.

Very happy with DQ electrical and would highly recommend

Absolutely amazing from start to finish!

Wow! What an amazing experience it has been with DQ Electrical from start to finish. The sales/quoting process was a breeze and I was given the the best price up front for high end LG panels which I doubt could be beaten anywhere else. When Don came around for the on site quote I was instilled with confidence that I'm in good hands and have found the right installer. I have a contemporary architectural home that Don was very mindful of and he went well and truly above and beyond to ensure the installation was discreet as possible to the point he had cable trays that were required custom powder coated to ensure it matches with the house facade.

In terms of the installation, Minh and the crew were very polite, tidy and punctual. On the first day before any work started Minh double checked the work that needed to be performed, planned it all out and explained it to my wife and I to ensure we were happy with every aspect of it. I couldn't be happier with the end result as the workmanship is of the highest quality and they even exceeded expectations with how concealed the cables are.

Even the office administration staff were a delight to deal with and very organised with the paperwork and reminders for the installation etc.

I would not hesitate to recommend DQ Electrical to anyone needing a good value high quality solar installation.

Simply the best

Firstly thankyou to Finn Peacock and the team for providing DQ Electrical as one of the three "quotes"

We have a two storey, terracotta tiled roof Tudor Home.
We found out before we approached "Solar Quotes" that this is the installer's trinity of all nightmares rolled into one.
Amazingly all three of the recommended installers by Solar Quotes did not shy away from the job at hand.
Whilst two of the three recommended installers were very good we found the stand out to be DQ Electrical.
It all started with Matt. He provided us with a very informative and friendly and definitely non pressured consultation.
They are LG panel specialist however he also spoke highly of the Trina Honey M 370 watt panels which we eventually decided to go with which was coupled with a Fronius inverter and consumption monitor plus Grasol racking system.
Their price was also the best I got .
Well now comes the fun part.
It is 2:30 am in the morning and I am writing to tell everybody out there that good old fashioned service and workmanship is still alive in 2021. Hallelujah!!
I have just got back from my job and just have to tell this story.
DQ Electrical have a specialised "Terracotta" team. As described these guys are "specialists" when it comes to very difficult Terracotta tile roof installs. Especially two storey Terracotta tiled Tudor homes.
I met three of the nicest , friendly and switched on tradesmen being Josh (Supervisor)or (Rav), Reven or (Rev) and Harrison (Harry).
What an experience.
I could feel the positive energy emanating from their presence.
There was laughter and comradery whilst they worked. They answered all of my questions during
the install.
They had to redesign the array due to unforeseen circumstances and gave me options to chose.
The best of all they treated my home and the work they were doing on it as if it were their own.
They were meticulous in everything they did. These guys are the Rolls Royce.
The workmanship Ethos of DQ Electrical is second to none.
Not only elite tradesmen but all three are "consummate" gentlemen.
We are renovating this home. We have had many trades go through but never like this before.
I strongly recommend DQ Electrical to do your solar work.

Great company

Very informative and let us know important factors about shading and the type of inverter that other’s didn’t pick up.
They turned up when they said they would no delays and use their own tradies who were all friendly and well mannered and left everything tidy no mess.
The customer service was great from start to finish, would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Amazing Team-Polite, professional and efficient

The quoting process was easy and thorough- lots of options including GPS imaging of our roof and how the panels would look on completion. The install team were incredibly friendly and efficient and made a point of knocking on the door before entering when they needed to query something and made sure they were safety conscious when it came to our dog and not letting him out. They also took their shoes off when entering the house. The follow up education session was incredibly thorough, without being condescending and I felt very confident that I could manage the inverter and demonstrate to my husband on my own. The team were happy to discuss grid connection solutions but we had already organised this with our provider. Demonstration of the app and assistance to set up an account was priceless. The install team also showed us photos of the finished product including the shut off switches for maintenance staff.

All in all- 10/10 on all aspects of the process. Would highly recommend DQ Electrical- very professional outfit.

Happy to recommend

The sales and quoting process was informative, and timely. Matthew answered all my questions to my satisfaction and was extremely respectful and helpful.

The installation went extremely well. I was impressed with the electrician and his team. They were punctual, polite, respectful, friendly and obviously enjoyed their work. They related well with each other and displayed great teamwork.

The customer service was good. DQ Electrical helped organise the grid connection after installation.

One Happy Customer!

I was very impressed with the customer service and continuity of support from DQ Electrical. All my questions were answered patiently and respectfully. The installation guys were polite, respectful and efficient and communicated well to me throughout the whole day of installation. All staff in had contact with were friendly and supportive. The overwhelm of comparing solar companies was made so much easier with regular DQ support. No sales pressure, just genuine support. I felt like I was treated like a human being, not just a female who had no idea what was going on. I'm completely confident in receiving a high quality of service should there be any issues with my solar panels down the track.

The best company we have ever dealt with!

If you are looking for a good quality solar system at a competitive price you have to call these guys. We had 4 quotes and while Ben was not the cheapest overall price his price was very competitive when you compare it with other company's using the same quality gear. Ben was in no way pushy and was the only one to suggest and explain why we needed the bigger 17 kwh system to cover our $1800 a quarter bill all other quotes recommended 10 kwh systems that we now know would not have be big enough. From the time we placed the order with DQ they run like clockwork and achieved everything they promised. Maddie and Lilia in the office where fantastic and always polite keeping us up to date during the whole process and happy to answer any questions we had along the way. One of our concerns was the installation as it was being installed over our entertaining area and we were worried about damage to the tin roof. The installers where amazing and took so much care including using crawl boards over the roof. Again they took time to explain how they were doing the install and then set up the inverter info apt and showed us how to use the system. Mary and I owned our own manufacturing company for 20 years and know how hard it is to find staff to work with the attitude and confidence with the guys at DQ Electrical. Well done and thank you, we will be recommending you. *****

Mike and Mary
One Tree Hill

PS the system has now been in for one month and our first bill was $680. In the last month our electricity was all coved by the solar system and we had a $220 credit to put towards the first 2 months. At this rate the system will have paid for its self in 2 years!

Amazing from start to finish

Everyone from DQ Electrical were fantastic from the initial quote to install. They took care of it all and the guys that installed our system were great. On time, polite, knowledgeable and informative and very tidy. Everything was explained to me and also a follow up call to make sure it was all running smoothly. Can't recommend the team highly enough

Above and beyond

DQ Electrical have been amazing from the start. Their initial quote was extremely competitive for a good quality system. I am very thankful to Ben who has helped reassure my many concerns and help educate about solar. Their in house electrician and installers (Josh, Rev and Harry) did a great job installing the system, they were polite, professional and kept everything tidy afterwards. I appreciated Ben assisting in sourcing correct roof tiles that needed to be replaced prior to the installation. I have felt confident by their assurance, quality of their workmanship and taking the time in fixing any broken tiles on the roof prior to installation. I had tried contacting many other large solar companies who have refused to install on a terracotta tile roofs, so I appreciate what DQ have done to ensure to preserve and replace the tiles if needed. I also appreciate Josh on the day in helping us with pruning a neighbour’s tree which was overhanging onto our roof and caused a large shadow over our solar system. Grid connection afterwards was seamless.
DQ have gone above and beyond to provide an excellent service and I am more than happy to refer them to anyone.

Extremely happy with the whole experience!

From the initial quote (which was impressively presented with useful information), to the on-site meeting with Ben, to the installation by Joshua and crew, it was a very professional and enjoyable experience. Being a technical person, it was important for me to fully understand all the options to ensure we made the best decision possible. Ben patiently answered all my questions which made me comfortable with the combination of panels (including their location) and the inverters we selected. While I considered two quotes from other installers, it was clear DQ were the ones for me.

The installation went extremely well. It was clear that Joshua and the guys were real professionals and took a lot of pride in their work which gave me real confidence that I was receiving a high quality system. They were all very pleasant and always willing to explain what they were doing, worked hard and cleaned up after themselves (not something all tradesman do!). I will happily recommend DQ Electrical to friends and work colleagues.

Outstanding customer service!!! Super team

Right from the start DQ were very honest, informative and helpful. They patiently answered all of our questions and made sure we understood which system would best suit out needs. The installers were punctual, friendly and did an outstanding job. The whole process was enjoyable and we will be recommending them to our friends and family. Thank you to the team at DQ

LG and Solar Edge

We took a long time to investigate solar and shortlisted three suppliers but decided on DQ electrical as our installer. We were impressed not only by the installation but the help they gave us as we kept changing our mind looking to get the best deal. Night, day or weekends they were available and provided lots of help in selecting the final product. We also found their quotes system useful when making comparisons. We have been delighted with the system so far!!

Really efficient installation

From the initial quoting process through to the completed installation it was a fantastic experience. everyone was polite, punctual and experienced in their work. Everything was explained and talked through so I had full understanding of the costing and the process.
I would highly recommend DQ Electrical.

Above & Beyond, Thanks Team DQ

Fantastic job from Don & the team @ DQ. Seamless process From quote to install. Thanks for everything & will not hesitate in utilising DQ for any future electrical/solar work required. I'm looking forward in receiving my next power bill (never said that before)
Thanks to everyone involved!

Excellent installer and installation

Whole process, from quoting to installation was smooth and DQ salesperson always responded to my emails/phone calls in a timely manner. Installers were polite, punctual and left the premises clean and tidy.

Excellent Service

Everything went smooth no worries with these guys, happy as with the service

Very professional service

I am not a person to review .rather read
How ever the service from Dq Electrical has been second to none
Great communication from sales .office and installer
Even manged to install sooner than date booked
Trent the installer even on time both days
Told between 7.30 to 8.30 .knock on the door 7.33 am
Quality install .Place left clean and tidy
Very highly recommended

Very satisfied with my system and the install.

Choosing the right system and a reputable installer is like navigating a minefield.
After much research I chose DQ Electrical.
DQ Electrical handled all the necessary approvals and associated rigmarole which made everything stress free.
They provided a quality install using the best equipment in the business at a very competitive price.
Their in-house electricians/installers where in my opinion the best in the business also.
Very happy with everything and I highly recommend DQ Electrical.

Got the job done

Great work and friendly service from minh, copper and michael got the job done.
Process at the beginning a bit slow but when Ben show up and got the ball rolling everything went smoothly with a install date just Tesla battery ,gateway and install

Very happy customer

We had a really good experience with DQ Electrical for installation of our LG Solar Panels and Fronius Inverter. The price was fantastic, we paid a bit more coz we wanted the very best. Installation was on time. We did not had to chase anyone for anything. Everything from quote, to acceptance of offer, to agreement of installation date, to installation, to grid connection, nothing had to followed up twice. Within less than 2 weeks our meter was changed by the electrical company and our solar system was starting to generate money for us. I would like to emphasise on the installation, which was very professional, no dramas, both the installers were in and out within 5 hours. The installer even helped set app on our mobile and helped us understand the next steps. All in all our experience has been really great and we cannot recommend DQ enough for the great work their team has delivered. We are happy and satisfied customers. Thanks DQ Electrical.

Great company to work worth. Smooth Process.

From the moment I emailed DQ Electrical for a solar quote till the moment we had our solar installed there was great communication from them.

Their quoting process was thorough, it showed the different options they had available for me to choose from. They were upfront with everything and made sure I knew that it wasn't necessary to add more panels, which I find amazing as some sales people can sell you things that you don't need, so it was much appreciated. They consistently asked if I had any questions and told me to contact them without hesitation.

Installation what great, they were friendly, cleaned up the space really well and were helpful with the sign up process to the app/website we needed to track our solar info. Our grid connection/meter reconfiguration seemed to have already been dealt to as I had rang up after installation to sort it out and was told by my power company that a request was already in process.

I was very happy that I chose DQ Electrical and have recommended them to my family and friends looking at getting solar.