Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 287749 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 244200 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $8,250 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Great ongoing customer service

After 3 quotes we went with Goliath Solar due to their knowledge and longevity in the industry, and their great customer service. We had a minor issue during the process, that was quickly resolved and are very pleased with the overall experience. Show additional information

Excellent Service & Installation.

Goliath were great. They gave me all the information i needed to make a decision and were very helpful throughout.
The installation went very well. They arrived on time and were all lovely blokes.
Everything ran like clock work and i'd recommend them to anyone.

Amazing service

Extremely helpful thru out the entire process ..even installed a little earlier than expected, well mannered, polite, punctual, always ready to answer any questions, would highly recommend to any and all.
Sue W

Outstanding and Trusted company.

Daniel communicated with me using a pleasant manner, explaining the process thoroughly. He was respectful and was always willing to answer questions I had regarding the process. He was very knowledgeable and communicated both by phone and email explaining in great detail about the various systems, and costings. The quote was clearly understood, as Daniel explained all the elements required for installation prior to the quote.

The installation process went well. The installers arrived punctually and worked studiously to complete the job early than the quoted time. They were polite and provided feedback about the installation both during the day and at completion of the installation. They also assisted with the grid connection.

I would highly recommend Goliath Electrical and Solar company to my family and friends as they are professional, trustworthy and very approachable at all stages of the process.

Excellent service

I was so pleased with the friendly but professional service I received from all of Goliath staff. Ben who I spoke with often regarding the sale, the electrician who came to check everything could be installed and Tom on the day of installation. The company spoke with our electricity provider and arranged for our smart meter to be installed. Tom set up the internet connection to monitor our invertor. The crew who came to install were punctual and mindful of our neighbors as we live in close proximity. The neighbors were impressed by the installers also. Pleased to have a follow call by Ben to ask if all was going ok.
Very happy client.

Thankyou to all the staff at Goliath Electrical I recommend to anyone thinking of adding solar to give them a call.

Stress free process

Ben was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable with the sale and quotation process. There was no hard sell. All requests for information were responded to in writing. The quotation was within the usual range for a system of my size. Scaffolding was required by Goliath for my property as it is a two storey dwelling. This incurred an additional cost to the provider of the scaffolding. Other installers did not see this as a requirement for my property. Notwithstanding this, I decided to opt for Goliath and incur the additional scaffolding fee as there was less hard sell and no deposit required. Ben's willingness to respond to all my queries with courtesy and respect helped me to decide that Goliath was the best installer for me. I also liked that all contractors for the installation process were in-house employees of Goliath.
The installation team was punctual and tidy.
I expect to follow up shortly with Ben regarding the installation of a battery. I would recommend this business.

Great installer with fantastic customer service

Fantastic service all round. Whole process took only 2 weeks, from initial phone call to final installation.

Tom explained the process, options, benefits and cost really well. Always followed up and called us at the time he said he would.

He contacted our electricity supplier and SA Power Networks on our behalf and has provided options for the best energy deal for us.

Installers were very professional, friendly and helpful. After installation we had a problem with our internet (not related to the solar installation at all) and were uunable to access our online solar monitor. One of their electricians came first thing the following morning and fixed the problem. All at no extra cost.

Can't recommend highly enough.

Second system, same great service

Called up Tom recently and asked a few questions relating to our current system and possible upgrades. With the straight talking Tom fielding all the answers and supplying great info it was decided to upgrade our panel configuration to a larger system.

we confirmed details of the install and had it done with in a week! Fast and great service once again from Tom and the fellas at Goliath!

Fabulous customer service, great product, and good price

We were recommended to Goliath, so researched their reviews online, and we weren't disappointed. Very professional customer service and communication from the very beginning - from the initial enquiry to installation today, it has been a very positive experience. Ben was our sales rep, he was very knowledgable, happy to answer all our questions, and helped us to feel confident we were making the right choice of system and supplier. Prior to installation, Goliath sent their electrician to do a site visit, which gave us peace of mind and was important to us. Our installation team (Sam, Jordan and Chris) were excellent too, hardworking, efficient and friendly.

We would definitely recommend Goliath - very happy!

Excellent job, very happy with my install

A friend of mine recommended Goliath Electrical to me when I first started reviewing solar installers. Web reviews also convinced me to add Goliath to my list to obtain a quote from. Although not the cheapest quote I decided to get Goliath to do the work because, all my questions were answered openly and honestly, the way they said they were going to carry out the work seemed safer, they discussed various options with me and the listed products had my required warranty. The quote process was straightforward and the electrician arrived promptly to review and confirm the finer details for the job. Goliath arranged for my smart meter to be installed. The install team called to checkout the site and confirm details of the install directly with me. The team arrived promptly on the day and the installation was carried out without a hassle. I was shown how the system operated and how to use the software application, the site was left clean and tidy. I received a call the following day confirming the work had been done to my satisfaction. Follow up emails have advised me of current suppliers deals including solar feed in tariffs and what to look for when looking at the various deals. All staff have excellent communication skills and have advised me fully throughout the whole process. I would have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Electrical. Show additional information

Goliath . . Highly Recommended

From the initial inquiry through to post installation, the customer service and information provided on the products and process has been first class. Very helpful and exceptionally responsive to queries, emails and calls.
Install team were top notch . . . efficient, friendly and informative. Great value for money experience. Highly recommended.
Thank you to Tom and the team.

A pleasure to deal with

I am a very fussy homeowner and delayed the purchase of solar panels until I could find an installer that I would be confident would do a good neat job. Goliath Solar and Electrical were recommended to me by an electrician I know and I could not be happier with the result.

From getting recommendations on what to install and obtaining a quote for the work, I have found Goliath to be very easy to deal with. Their communication has been excellent and they have turned up when expected and on time.

I wanted a particularly neat installation and the installers went out of their way to deliver a result that exceeded my expectations. They were polite and tidy and persisted with the installation despite some pretty wet and windy weather.

All in all I cannot fault their service.

Goliath

Sales/quoting process attention to detail was as good as I have ever experienced
Nothing has been too much trouble for Tom and he knows his stuff and is patient and hard working.
He’s carving out a great business.
Installation went without a hitch
Good lads led by Chris
Very good all round
As a builder I know the difference between a good operator and not so good and from go to wo I was dealing with a professional outfit
Very happy to recommend
Thanks
Kind Regards
Brendan Maguire

Great experience for start to finish

Form the first contact through to instillation was an excellent experience. Their Customer Service was second to none and the insulation crew were quick, tidy, informative and friendly.
I highly recommend Goliath Solar.

Great and reliable service

Great service. Always helpful and knowledgeable team. They’ve provided very competitive price for the system. Show additional information

Goliath solar system

These guys are fantastic to deal with. This is the second time we have brough a solar system off them and we will not hesitate to use them again. Everything from sales/quotes, installation, connection to grid was fast and efficient. Follow up procedure after install and recommendations to which energy retailer to use was a welcomed service.
These guys are full of knowledge and know what they are talking about.

Could not be happier ! Highly recommended

Goliath Solar & Electrical were a pleasure to deal with.
All aspects of our installation went smoothly.

Ben provided the initial sales quote for the system in a timely fashion. It was clear that he had extensive knowledge of the solar power business which was extremely helpful in fielding whatever questions I posed. Ben was my contact point for the entire process and it was great to deal with someone who communicated the process status effectively.

The installation team arrived on time, communicated the installation procedures and everything went very smoothly.
They were polite, tidy and made sure they provided me with operating instructions for the system. They were very efficient and completed the installation way ahead of the daily schedule.

In summary, we are very happy with the installation. Great job Goliath. Happy to Highly Recommend them !

Fantastic value for money

Customer service was exceptional, had great advice for what would work best for our house, and were very flexible with when they could install. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting solar panels. Show additional information

Great service - Highly recommended

The process from start to finish was stress free and was an easy decision to proceed with Goliath for our solar installation. Sam, Tom and Dave did the installation process, all were great guys, polite, efficient and left the site clean and tidy. Before leaving we were shown how the system works and how was can easily track our energy in and out on the phone app.

We believe the system is great value for money and would highly recommend using Goliath as their customer service is outstanding.

Excellent Service

The sales and quoting process provided by Goliath Solar and Electrical was efficient and detailed. Tom Morgan was very professional and responded efficiently to telephone calls. The installation was carried out exactly as was advised. Also, the crew appeared well trained and efficient. The follow-up customer service was very good providing extensive information and answering all our questions. Thank you. Show additional information

I couldn't fault Goliath on any aspect

From the first contact with Ben from Goliath my experience has been good. I was given explanations in plain English from Ben which I very much appreciated. The information I was sent was comprehensive and helpful. I particularly appreciated the Project Timeline which I could use as a checklist and the whole process has gone to the timeframe outlined.

Installation was painless for me. The three member team led by Tom turned up on time and completed the work in the time they predicted. Tom helped me to get set up with internet monitoring and showed me the meter switch before they left. The three installers were well presented, well mannered and efficient and when they left there was no evidence of their having been there, except for the panels on my roof and the inverter on my wall.

So much was organised by Goliath that it has been a very easy process for me. The follow up has been excellent and I have already recommended Goliath to friends who are considering solar.

Excellent

Great job from start to finish, I talked to a lot of solar companies in Adelaide before going with Goliath, I went with them because from the start Ben knew what he was talking about, and the installation went smoothly installing a 13kwh system in one day with no hassle. I Couldn’t recommend these guys highly enough. Show additional information

Hassle free

From the start Goliath Solar were easy to deal with, down to earth and explained everything we needed to know.
Follow up questions and phone calls weren't a hassle and we were kept informed every step of the way.

Install day was a breeze with the team turning up on time and worked efficiently across the day. They explained everything before they left and we felt confident that we had definitely made the right choice with picking Goliath.

I will be recommending them to family and friends.

The only regret about the whole thing is we didn't install solar with Goliath sooner!

Great customer service

Can't fault Tom at Goliath Solar, very easy to deal with and good communication. Install went smoothly, was done on the day we agreed on. Their customer service is excellent and from start to finish there weren't any issues. I would highly recommend them. Show additional information

Fantastic service

My experience with Goliath has been awesome. They have kept me up to date with any information and been more than happy to answer any questions.

Chris and his installation crew were here on time and got on with the job. As instillation was during the COVID-19 period, there were so many more requirements needed ie self-distancing etc, but they handled it all extremely well and were very professional. They also cleaned up after themselves thoroughly.

Daniels run through of the system and how to read the graphs etc was terrific and easy to follow. His power company recommendations and his research was also very accurate and appreciated.

Congratulations to you all for a great job.

Top solar installer

We couldn't be more satisfied with the fantastic service we have had from start to finish. The install was done at short notice ( a big thank you for that) and the service from which solar system to have to installation was excellent also the after sales service has been well handled and prompt i cannot fault this company and a shout out to Tom who was our contact and has been excellent. i would recommend Goliath electrical to anyone well done!!!! Show additional information

Great company to work with.

We were very happy with the information provided, quote and friendly customer service in the lead-up to our purchase.
Installers were punctual, seemed like friendly and fun guys, and we were helped with connecting and setting up monitoring, etc.
In addition to the reviews here on SolarQuotes, we had also heard good word-of-mouth from family who bought solar, which we'll happily pass along. Great local company, definitely recommend these guys for your solar needs.

Outstanding in all respects

I was impressed with quality of service provided from first contact and right through the entire process. The quote quickly emailed was detailed and thorough - taking in all aspects of my location and energy requirements.

The contact was helpful, friendly and clearly an expert who was open minded and able to provide objective and informative comparisons for available options. He was also immediately responsive to a location change that I suggested for some panels - and this was a Sunday afternoon!

The rapidity of progress from my acceptance of the quote really surprised and delighted me.

On the day of the installation, the team arrived at precisely the agreed time and immediately began the complex process. Being a retiree, I was home throughout the duration of their work and so able to closely observe the activity.

The first thing I noticed was the cohesive and team orientated approach. They were professional, careful and adhered to all safety protocols whilst still being able to laugh and obviously enjoy their disparate tasks.

Throughout the process, I was kept informed of necessary design modifications with regular updates from the genial and professional team leader. Before installation began, I was informed that - given that my roof tiles were over 50 years old and now exceptionally brittle - there was a likelihood of broken tiles. I acknowledged this and requested that they proceed and I would redress any damage after installation.

The team leader informed me at the end of panel panel installations that 2 tiles had cracked but they had been effectively repaired. Naturally, I was very pleased with this outcome.

The aged electrical infrastructure of my home presented further problems that were clearly explained to me. However, rather than expensive additional costs, a safe and practical solution was developed and implemented- at no extra cost. This was accomplished within 2 days of the the otherwise complete installation.

Yet again, I was surprised and delighted.

The team leader returned and completed the requisite modifications once my meter had been switched over to a digital one by my power service provider.... just 90 minutes after their technician completed that job.

He then helped me install the monitoring software on my tablet and explained how to make best use of it. In conclusion, he suggested I contact my service provider to notify them that my new solar system had been activated.

I began this solar adventure with much trepidation after hearing many stories of poor installations, shoddy workmanship, inferior quality components and unhelpful service....

It has been such a relief to have had the Goliath team collaborate with me to complete this project ahead of time and in such a professional, honest and open manner. The entire experience for me has been positive and stress free.

I commend their whole of team efforts and approach and strongly recommend that prospective solar customers start (and finish!) with Goliath Electrical.

They are the very best solar company to place your trust in.

Well organised.

Kept informed during the whole process & everything was done on time. Was already on grid but was getting a roof restoration which Ben & the team were happy to work their install times around. Installers were polite & tidied up afterwards. Whole job was made easy because communication was easy with Goliath. Show additional information

Great Company with Excellent service

From the first interaction with Tom to finalising the account, the entire process was absolutely fantastic.

Every question I had as answered before I could ask. All the staff, including the install team were very professional and friendly. They didn't mind spending the time explaining the system, how to use it and even how it worked.

I would highly recommend the Goliath team to any friends or family who are shopping for a solar system.

Job well done.

From the beginning they were a comfortable company to deal with. I had done some research and had a recommendation for Goliath but still got multiple quotes. Goliath gave the facts, didn't oversell or try to inflate the benefits of the system. They understood to issues in our location with partial shading and designed a system that I was comfortable with. They gave a realistic installation window and in fact delivered a week earlier.
The installers were great, they did their job plus fixed a few broken tiles and explained the system at the end of the installation. No mess.
The office followed up with additional information and took me through the ap and answered all my question.
Very pleased with the whole process.

Very Happy

The sales/ quoting process was terrific. A great deal of information was given and the whole process of changing the meter and the shifting of our TV aerial so that pigeons couldn't poop on our panels was all within the service. The TV reception is actually better than before.
The installation team was punctual, polite and friendly and funny. They finished earlier than expected and cleaned up after they had finished. There was a scratch on the gutter from the ladder, but they had matching spray paint to remedy that.
Two members of the team explained the workings of the inverter and connected the system to wi-fi.
The follow up call was, as expected, efficient and informative and very helpful.
My wife and I are very happy with the whole process, so thank you Goliath for that.
Allen.

Helpful from start to finish. Install was perfect

From start to finish Goliath Solar were extremely helpful and did not hesitate to help with any questions I had. Their quote was sent through when promised and contained a great amount of information to help me compare and make a decision. There was no pressure to pay up front and I was given time to make up my own mind.
Once the quote was accepted they organised the meter change for me and kept me informed along the way. The quality of installation was extremely neat and professional (being an electrician myself i could not have done a better job). They completed the install in the same day but did not rush the job.
After install i was contacted to make sure i was happy with the install and if i had any concerns, My system was remotely checked to make sure everything was working correctly and was told to ring if i had any questions or issues.

Professional from start to finish. Great communication, punctual & terrific follow up. Highly recommend Goliath Electrical. Show additional information

Very professional and end to end service

We could not be happier with the complete experiences with Goliath Solar & Electrical. From our first contact through to the end product they have been very helpful and professional each step of the way. Carefully detailing our options, very clear pricing, and lots of helpful advice through the ENTIRE process, cannot recommend them highly enough!! Show additional information

Great work

Fantastic end to end experience from Goliath Solar, kept in touch during the whole process and the installation was a breeze. More than happy to recommend them (already have recommended them to two of my colleagues!). Thanks agian Ben & Team. Show additional information

Top System install.

Unit was as quoted and lives up to expectations.
The Sales process was easy to understand and more importantly, there was no pressure.
Can't speak highly enough of the Install Crew, efficient, professional and polite.
Very impressed with the Followup from this Company, would definitely recommend them to future purchasers.

Brilliant company to deal with

From my initial enquiry to follow up calls after the installation, I’ve been so pleased with the level of amazing customer service from Tom at Goliath Solar and Electrical.

Answering all my questions and taking time to explain the process, I felt comfortable and confident that my decision to choose Goliath was a worthwhile and solid investment.

On the day of installation, the team were professional, respectful and very hardworking.

Highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical!

Easy to deal with

The Goliath team kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. They gave me an initial quote, and called me to discuss solar. They then sent out a technician to look at the roof (I didn't even need to take time off work). Leading up to install day, they managed to slot me in a few weeks earlier than first expected. The team weren't pushy about payment, originally mentioned about a deposit, but didn't stress about it when they moved the date forward. The installers were friendly guys, even managing to keep noise down (didn't bother me, but was an added bonus). Got a call a few hours after install checking in and making sure everything was alright. Next day, I was hitting 100% utilisation with my inverter which is great. Show additional information

Well done

Hard to write a review a few days after installation! Value and Quality of system, we will find out in the future.
It was a pleasure dealing with Goliath Solar Management and Installers . One an one dealing and easy to understand explanations made it easy to decide. Thank you.

The installers were very knowledgeable helpful and professional in their work

The sales quoting process was excellent. The Goliath team came back with a quote very quickly follow by a telephone conversation explaining the quote in detail.
The installation went well the team were very polite and knowledgeable The team leader was very friendly and approachable and very good in explaining to me what was going on
The customer service was excellent

Extremely happy about the product.Tom,Daniel and the team were clear, helpful and supportive from day 1

The team was professional and helpful making sure I was aware of all steps they were taking Show additional information

Great to deal with

Ben from Goliath Solar was fantastic to deal with. He answered all my questions and came up with a system that suited my needs. I highly recommend Ben and Goliath Solar. Show additional information

Great communication and a quality installation using superior products

Easy and quick, answered questions and managed meter changeover/upgrade
Great communication before and during the install
Provided all details efficiently for accessing information to track solar system use, warranty and what rates we should have been achieving through retailers

Goliath Solar-Professional, value for money, quality system and excellent service.

Quoting process honest and informative.
Installation-Punctual, tidy and team most helpful.
Smart meter and connection organised in timely manner.

Excellent Service All Round.

Quoting process gave me confidence in the installer's knowledge and experience in Solar installs.
Pricing was competitive and complemented by their clear explanation of the system best suited to to our circumstances.
Excellent follow up on minor issues and quick resolution of queries.
Pleasant and communicative team of installers.

Hi Peter,

Again thanks for putting your faith in Goliath Solar & Electrical. Appreciate your understanding with the minor adjustments post installation and valuing our after service commitment.

Enjoy seeing a reduction in those electricity bills!

Thanks again,

Goliath Solar & Electrical Team

Excellent service

Would recommend them to anybody, we cannot fault any part of the process, from sales person through to installation and then after sales service. Absolutely fantastic Show additional information

Quality product professional service

From first enquiry many months before our house was built Goliath Solar were front and centre with up to date information, their staff were always available and happy to help with any questions we had. When our home was built Ben and his team organised a timely site visit and soon after our system was on the roof up and running. Goliaths installers were very skilled, professional and respectful tradesman. On completion of the installation we were provided with detailed instructions on the systems use and features and also received a follow up call from Ben. All in all a Quality product, Professional installation and great communication, Highly recommend to anyone who is looking at a modern solar solution. Show additional information

Professional team

It's very professional team. Everything went smoothly from begining to the installation. For me personally, Solar installation was impossible due to change of digital meter nearly impossible but they helped through this process.
Honest salesman; they are not pushy and give you right advice. Not the cheapest, but not ripping you off either. Best quote among other competitors those provide similar quality of product.

Great job, so happy with the excellent service and quality of work.

Very professional team, so much information was provided from the moment we received the detailed quote to the install date and a follow up call and info the following day after the install. We even got a list of recommended energy plans. Installers were on time and very hard workers, polite and no mess was left behind, they gave us step by step instructions on how to install the Solar Web app and how the system worked. We can highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical, the amount of easy to understand step by step Information throughout the whole process was amazing. Very happy with the quality of detailed information, quality of the system and the quality of work carried out. Show additional information