Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 28/06/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (1005)

Satisfied customer.

Friendly, and helpful , they had to deal with a new type of insulated roof panel, but managed after dIscussing with my builder. Good support to help me thru all the paperwork and NBN requirements

Excellent service

Goliath was just one of a dozen companies I checked out in addition to those recommended by Solar Quotes. The quote turned out to be spot on, no additional expenses not advised of. Everything I needed to know to make an informed decision was provided, including links to government and third party sites. The install itself went smoothly with a competent and well co-ordinated crew who turned up at the nominated time, did a neat job and left no mess. Grid connection had already been organised, just had to wait for the smart meter install before the system could be left switched on ( 2 weeks, approval by AGL only happens AFTER the install is confirmed completed by house customer ) So far the system works as expected. Monitoring apps excellent, easy to understand, control options straightforward, especially the Tesla.

Top rate service from start to finish.

From my first call to Goliath, to post installation, they have been clear and concise in their communication and made the whole process very smooth.
I’m thrilled with the system and have every confidence that it’s the right fit for our home, and is working as promised.
I highly recommend Goliath.

Great communication and fabulous service

Sales process for our home battery system was efficient and timely. Installation was a breeze. The guys were friendly, courteous and did a great job. Would highly recommend!

Overall the initial discussions, to the installation and the final handover was outstanding

Quoting process very efficient including a significant deal of information
Installation was very timely and during the process the client was provided excellent information, overall very professional
Customer service after installation has been excellent

Fantastic! Highly Recommend

Great service and quality. Couldn't recommend a better company. Tom has looked after us from start to finish. I am still getting compliments on how good of an install it is.

Great Solar Install

Very happy with the whole process from start to finish with Goliath Solar & Electrical.
The quoting process was easy to understand. Any considerations i had were addressed & explained clearly.
The installers were on time, polite, clean & tidy & most of all did a great job.
After sales service has been fantastic. I haven't had to ask for anything. Everything has been supplied to me, before i've had a chance to think of it myself.
Very glad i chose this company over my other quotes. Just the whole professional approach has me feeling assured.

Solar at last and a quality install

Installed a system from Goliath Solar, totally efficient, great internal sales, the main installer was totally professional, highly recommend all aspects.

Easy and informed installation

The sales quoting process was very thorough and plenty of options and guidance were available through the whole process.

The tradesman on site for installation were very professional and seemed to get the job done with minimal issues. They were in and out before i knew it and showed me how to down load the app onto my phone and how to use the app.

The grid connection was all organised for me so there was little for me to do once the panels were installed. A very easy and smooth process.

Genuine people with great customer service

After obtaining a number of quotes, the decision to go with Goliath Solar was an easy one.
The quality of system and value for money out-classed the competitors.

The customer service throughout our dealings was impeccable. We had a number of consultations prior to the installation where all of our questions were answered. The company offered continual open lines of communication and was always available if needed.

The install itself went very smoothly. Efficient and tidy work, with extremely polite workers.

The company has offered to answer any questions down the track, and has also offered to provide recommendations on the best electricity suppliers with the highest feed-in tariff as the months and years progress. I would have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Solar.

Amazing service and support from start to finish

Goliath were fantastic with their sales and quoting process, tailored advice and right through to installation and post sale follow ups. Dan on the sales team answered all my questions, helped me choose the perfect system for our family needs, and fully explained the installation process. From there the install team were friendly, considerate and did a fantastic job installing our new solar system.

Top job all round!

Very happy with my new solar system.

Great service from start to finish, the team at Goliath are professional and trustworthy, highly recommended!!! A+++++++

Fantastic work, planning, support and customer service

Goliath were strongly recommended by two of my friends. They had done some research about system providers, chose Goliath and were super happy about their decision. Now I see why they were happy. You don't need to be an expert. They explain everything and consider your limits and suggest the best option for you. A very well organised business and undertake the project as planned and promised. They leave your property nice and tidy. I didn't have any issues so far after 10 days but my friend told me that if you find any problems, they will come promptly and fix the issue with no arguments. Couldn't be more satisfied and highly recommend them.

Very happy!!

Both Ben's looked after us! Very happy with the value, service, install, professionalism and follow up service (after some minor teething issues with one of the inverters). Couldn't recommend Goliath more highly.

Friendly and professional staff

Excellent customer service. Excited to use the system. Everything seems great so far.

Easiest home project of the year

Getting solar was the easiest home project this year by far. Phone consults were easy and follow up information was fast. The timelines were adhered to, the panels were located exactly as per the photo mock up and guys got them up quickly and tidily. All of the wrangling with my electricity provider was taken care of and I am really happy with the result

Best company to deal with

Really happy from the first phone call with Ben and through out. The installation team were excellent, arrived on time and undertook their job professionally. Would highly recommend.

Great Professional Service and Installation

Dealing with Daniel at Goliath went very smoothly with a professional, highly detailed quote arriving soon after our discussion.

The cost for the 7.7kW system I decided on was not the cheapest but was specified with high quality products and materials. Being located near the ocean, it was very important that the components were able to tolerate the environment.

The installation team were excellent.
Arrived on time and undertook their job very professionally.
The quality of their communication and workmanship was excellent.
(you get what you pay for!)

I would not hesitate in recommending Goliath or using them again.

A great solar business

This is an extremely well run business. The quote was done in a timely manner and included all details that one might require.There was a high attention to detail throughout. The installation was done on time, the employees polite and careful. The grid connection was completed on the day. The customer service was excellent throughout the process and the documentation provided after the installation was extensive complete with photos.
I would highly recommend this company.

Finally got solar!

Wonderful to deal with from start to finish.
Installers were friendly, polite and did exceptionally neat work.
Would highly recommend These guys!

Spectacular Service

Goliath was recommended to our family by a friend who did heaps of research. Since the first moment we called, Daniel provided me with s great customer service and the whole system was explained to us clearly. The panels were installed on time and the consultation after to give us advice was amazing
Overall we are extremely happy with the company and highly recommend

Goliath Solar System Install (Canadian Panels + Fronius Inverter)

Goliath were exceptional to work with right from the start. Daniel was assigned to work with us and took the time to understand our electricity usage and made a range of recommendations to suit our property needs, electricity needs and budgets. Ultimately focusing on the outcomes we were wanting.

The Installation team were awesome, they arrived a bit early and worked out a plan for the install. There was minimal disruption throughout the day and they actually completed the install faster than planned. Clean up was great and the job done to my expectations.

Goliath arranged the solar install the same day as the meter was changed to a smart meter to ensure it was all done at the same time. It was relatively quick after that when the smart meter was active and solar was starting to produce solar feed in credits within a week.

We had solar active and supplying our property on the same day as install. We had a 10.8kw system installed and are averaging approximately 45kwh per day production and often maxing out what we can feed back into the grid being on a single phase system.

Exceptional in every way.

The solar installation performed by Goliath was excellent in every way. From the pre-installation discussion through the installation itself to the final wrap up, Ben and the team were knowledgeable, friendly, punctual and professional.
I could not speak more highly of the experience, and would recommend Goliath without hesitation.

Great service, totally recommend

Daniel was fantastic to deal with, always there to answer any questions, nothing was too much trouble. We would totally recommend Goliath Solar.

Amazing experience

The whole process from start to finish was so much easier than I first thought. The team from Goliath where so helpful every step of the way. Putting solar in simple easy to understand terms rather than bombarding with so much pointless information.

Install was a breeze and we are super impressed with the end result.

These guys pride themselves on their customer service / satisfaction and it really shows. We've already been recommending them to our friends and family.

Highly recommended!!

We recently used Goliath Solar to install a system in our house and cannot recommend highly enough to anyone looking to install a solar system.

The full end-to-end process was fantastic, run professionally, and communication was clear and proactive. We were kept informed all the way through and clear as to what would happen and when.

In our initial contact with Dan, he took the time to chat through different options and to understand what was important to us. He then provided a few different options in the quote so we could work out what was best.

The install team were great, communicated really well, and were friendly and professional. They left the site very clean and tidy.

After the install Dan talked me through next steps and helped to get monitoring app set-up, our meter reconfigured and then worked through the best tariff/deal for us.

We are very happy with the end result and would recommend Goliath Solar to anyone!

Great system and install, excellent brands offered at a reasonable price

We purchased a new house and were looking to reduce electricity use and bills, we researched solar companies and products over a few months. Researched businesses and reviews as wanted a reputable, quality install.

Approached Goliath and were overall happy with the process, offered a substantial sized 10.73kw system with quality branded products and piece of mind that installers are employees and all dealt with in house from sign on through to installation and after sales service. Install was seamless and went well, couldn't fault it, nice and neat and system is performing well.

Second to none customer service

Never met a company where I actually wish they could handle more than just my solar. Not the cheapest but certainly get what you pay for.
Prompt responses and very hassle free.

Would have no worries in recommending to anyone else.

Seamless experience from start to finish

My install was professional and painless from quoting right through to follow up. Goliath organised my grid connection and gave great suggestions on the best electricity providers.

Best knowledge and Service

The sales person was knowledgeable.
The installers were very competent.
They arranged with the replacement meter

Excellent company to deal with

The whole process from the initial quote to after sales communication and advice has been fantastic. All the details (and options) of the forthcoming Tesla battery installation were made perfectly clear. The installation was prompt and efficient with very neat workmanship.

Following the installation I was provided with details of suggested electricity plans and tariffs to consider, in order to obtain the maximum benefit from the battery. What a pleasure in this day and age to find a company which puts customer satisfaction at the top of their priorities list.

I could not fault this company.

A very professional organisation

We had 3 quotes and by far the most professional, thorough and pressure free was Goliath. They took the time to explain everything and designed a clever solution to our roof which has many hips and valleys. There was never any pressure to sign up until we were satisfied and ready. The install was done in a day with everything put in place and the site cleaned up at the end of the day. We were then shown through how to use the inverter and log in to the monitoring software.

All up we are very happy in our dealings with Goliath and would recommend them to anyone seeking a quality solar installation.
Great people to deal with. Would recommend as a installer. Recommended products and explained the difference in regards to inverters. Cannot fault any of there service.

Fussy customer - very satisfied

The complex exercise was made straightforward by the very helpful and friendly team at Goliath Solar and Electrical.
Importantly, the team was punctual, and very professional in their work. Nothing was too much trouble.
The price was fair, and excellent value for money.
From inspection, quoting, installation and followup customer service, everything went beyond expectation.
I would like to thank Ben, Chris, Liam, Andy, Sam, Tom and Thalen for their attention to detail and personalised professional service.
If you're a fussy customer looking for a company which takes pride in its work, I would certainly recommend Goliath.

Satisfied Customer

I found the sales process very straight forward.
I had someone from Goliath come out within a few days to do a site inspection and get up on the 2-story roof to ensure no issues with the installation.

The installer was very professional and had the system up swiftly with no fuss.

Prompt, Professional & Reliable

From start to finish, Goliath Solar have been amazing to deal with. Ben in the office made the whole quote process very easy and provided ample information that was clear and easy to understand and then took care of all the liaising with our energy provider to change over the meter and get the necessary upgrades done in time for our solar install.

Chris and his team were great on install day too. Barely noticed they were here. Prompt arrival, efficient install and also took everything away, so no clean up for me at the end of the install either. Everything was neatly installed and then explained to me how things work and if we had any problems call the office and they'd walk us through.

The after care has also been wonderful. Emails containing all the information we were given on the day as well as the relevant warranty information is easy to access, along with options for a number of retailers for energy so we can get the best feed-in etc for our needs.

Very happy with the whole experience and would highly recommend the Goliath team.

Original Review on 21-06-2021:

Factual and reliable

Smooth install.. helped with smart meter installation as I didn’t have fixed home broadband! So far so good! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Mary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I’m satisfied as my average monthly solar generation is about 623 KWh for the past 5 mths. Hence I’ve been in credit!

Great work, absolute pleasure to deal with, helpful and honest, great support

Absolutely fantastic sales process - I received one phone call from Goliath as requested and they were not pushy at all. Several other installers I received quotes from were pushy and annoying, repeatedly calling while I was busy at work. Goliath called me once, Tom was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Goliath is happy to discuss individual needs and use case, and fit the offering to the client. The Goliath team honestly evaluated my needs and simply offered the best solution so in addition to them being super breezy to deal with it was a no-brainer to get them to do my solar install.
Installation was also a breeze - it was punctual, took a bit less time than estimated, and was neat and tidy.
After-sales service is also great - they always get back to me in good time, are happy to help, have plenty of info and knowledge to satisfy my questions, and they always keep up to date with the movements of the industry and power regulators and retailers to help make the most out of our investments. They also helped set up a genuinely fantastic time-limited opportunity with home battery after my solar install was done, and that battery has been just brilliant in an area with dodgy power grid.
Definitely recommended.

A company and system which delivers exactly what is promised.

Tom Morgan from Goliath is an excellent person to deal with.The quoting process was conducted in a clear, comprehensible and patient manner.The installation was punctual, very well organised and took the time we were told to expect.The installation team was plainly experienced and competent.They caused minimal disruption to our household routine.They left no rubbish.They did not play loud music on radios while they worked-much appreciated.Customer service after installation, when I needed it a year later because of problems totally unrelated to Goliath’s work, has been exemplary. This review, when I read it myself, sounds like Tom Morgan wrote it, but it’s the genuine article. Goliath deserves the good reputation they have, and I’m sure that they will continue to prosper thanks to word of mouth advertising.

Great service from the beginning to the end and after sale.

Sale / quoting process is easy.
The installation was smooth. The installer is friendly.
Very good customer service: when ever I sent questions / issues, they responded promptly.

Avoid the traps of buying solar. Use Goliath

I can't fault the straight forward genuine sales approach that I found with Goliath Solar. I was a little anxious at the start that I could trust anyone to give a reliable quality product and service without just wanting a signature that assured profit. You won't find this with Goliath.

1) Options were explored and discussed properly and information provided to help my decision.
2) I knew what I was signing and was soon confident that I would get exactly what I paid for and not a substandard look alike.
3) Communication after signing was great via phone plus emails.
4) Always polite and respectful
5)Instalation was right on my preferred day and I had an option of changing that day if needed ( with some notice)
6)My property was left clean as before.
7) I had helpful guidance re getting the best feedin tariff.
8)The electrician and installing technicians were all polite and friendly.
I wouldn't bother with those advertising strongly on media when you can rest confidently with Goliath.
To top it all off I got a reduced bill because one of the electrical problems could be done more simply.

Steven.

Customer centric

Tom was extremely professional with every interaction from our initial enquiry, to arranging the antenna to be moved, and then preparing for installation day. Navigating the complexity of understanding solar was made easy by Tom and I felt very comfortable with Goliath, having been referred by a reliable source. Sam and the team of installers were respectful and courteous at all times. Even on the day of installation, Sam made it easy to understand setting up the App and website for tracking. We are now just waiting on our provider to finalise our tariff benefits.

Seamless installation. Works perfectly.

Seamless install. Could not be happier - excellent from the beginning from quoting, install, followup. I would throughly recommend! Very knowledgeable and willing to spend time for questions! Extremely polite , cleanup was perfect and always on time! Fantastic customer service

Fantastic Installers, Great Product

From the moment I spoke with Ben about what Goliath Solar & Electrical could offer, I felt that this was going to be a great experience. The installation went as planned & without a hitch. The best part from my view was the advice & follow up as a we went through the process of quoting, measuring, installing & the handover, providing great advice how to select an energy provider to suit your household.

I would certainly recommend Goliath Solar & Electrical to anyone looking for a good quality product with great service!

Excellent experience

We couldn't be happier with our experience with Goliath Solar, from the quote to the installation the the aftersales service. The communication leading up to the install was clear and easy to understand, and the advice we received about our setup made good sense. The team turned up on time and were extremely professional, even though the summer heat was punishing, especially on the poor guy who had to crawl up in the ceiling. The job was done by the mid afternoon with minimal disruption to the house power supply. Our after sales service has been great and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I will recommend Goliath to anyone who'll listen.

Came highly recommended and didn't disappoint

Did a professional job from start to finish and even follow up after that. Made sure the meter connection went smoothly too. Great service and now generating all our daytime power (wish I'd got it done sooner!).

Bang for buck

Tom and the team from Goliath were honest from the first conversation we had.

Excellent customer service skills and the depth and simplicity with which they broke everything down for us was excellent, have passed their number on and will continue to do so.

The installation team were In and out quickly in difficult weather with no issues at all and no complaints.

5 Stars

The guys at Goliath were so easy to deal with from the start. We rang and spoke with Ben months before we could actually install anything and he answered every single one of our questions. He then provided us with a quote for a system we were very happy with. We spoke again when it could be installed and very shortly after it was all done, so easy! They sent us helpful information before, during and after installation and helped us choose an energy provider. We recommend this business without reserve or hesitation!

Happy Customer

The installation team were great, very knowledgeable and friendly. They rocked up on time. Great follow up communication from goliath too ensuring everything is working and we are using our solar correctly. Highly recommend!

From our first phone call to Goliath re: Solar Panels, we found them to be very professional and extremely helpful

We found the sales/quoting process to be very efficient and easy to understand.

The installers were punctual, polite and very tidy .

The customer service could not be faulted and they helped us organise the grid after connection and nothing was to much trouble for them. They explained everything about the workings before they left.