Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 28/06/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $8,165 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (889)

Great Transaction, Excellent service

Well done Goliath Solar my sort of company to deal with no nonsense it just happens and you can actually talk to a person who you can understand, the team installation just did the job on time no nonsense. Goliath Solar recommend extremely highly if you want a job done without hassles will do no better.

The best in the business!

Right from the outset when I first talked to Dan who analysed our situation, to when the electrician came for a site inspection (which then changed the plans and layout), to the owners (Tom who rang me personally) and throughout install (Tom number 2) who along with his install team, ensured it was seamless, efficient, tidy and very friendly to kids and dog! Being such a big decision to make going solar , and then trying to decipher all the jargon, analytics, products, and different methods that companies could use (I got 7-8 different quotes) I found that Goliath were by that the easiest, friendliest, and simplest to deal with. From the conversations on the phone and then the site visit, I knew Goliath was a company I could trust- for such a big investment for our house. They were very honest, and didn’t push the “sale”. I have already recommended them to 2 friends, as couldn’t be happier. Thank you Tom, Dan and the team at Goliath!

Excellent quality install, service, advice and pricing

Excellent experience with Goliath Solar end to end. From the very first phone call with Goliath Solar I was impressed. They arranged my SEG for me right from my very first call with them, with no obligation to even sign up with them, even knowing that it would be over 6 months before my new house build would be ready for my solar install.

Once we got closer, their advice was fantastic. They were flexible with solution options, providing advice on different inverter and panel options.

Just prior to install, they came out to physically inspect my roof to more accurately measure up and confirm panel installation. Their electrician who came out was just as friendly and professional as the Goliath rep I have been dealing with through the entire process, who has been absolutely fantastic to work with. The Goliath rep has gone well and truely above and beyond, exceeding my expectations.

Just prior to the install, I decided to increase the size of my system and Goliath happily organised the revising of my SEG, and even provided slightly newer and higher capacity REC panels to maximise the number of panels I could fit on my roof.

During install, they had multiple people on the job to ensure it was finished on time. They started first thing in the morning and worked tirelessly throughout the day to get the 60 panels up on my roof and the invertor installed, keeping me updated as at install progressed.

Post install, they followed up later that evening and the very next day to take me through the solar management software to explain it all to me and how to tweak some of the options. I had a smart meter installed as well so I can see exactly how much power I am consuming at any time as well as how much Solar I am producing and self consuming. All visible from the Fronius app on my phone, from anywhere.

Performance of the system has also been excellent since installation, with Northern facing panels helping to maximise solar generation.

I have been thoroughly impressed with Goliath Solar and have been recommending them to some of my work colleagues who are also looking to install solar later this year and would highly recommend them if you are considering a solar install yourself.

During my initial build process, I spoke to 3 other installers, and received quotes from each. I found Goliath solar to be the best overall across all categories: pricing, advice, product selection flexibility, and after sales service and support.

Goliath Solar - Stand Out Performers

Ben & the team @ Goliath Solar were easy to deal with No gimmicks from start to finish. Sound advice offering best Solar system to suit my needs.
Installation all completed in one day on 2 story house with no fuss, installers are employees not subbies providing peace of mind on quality of install.
Goliath were able to answer all of my questions through the selection to installation process and were simple to deal with from start to finish, highly recommended.

Excellent service and Installation

I went through Dan after my brother in law recommend Dan and Goliath to me. Dan was very helpful with me over the phone and face to face as I felt the whole solar thing was pretty overwhelming. Dan was honest and patient with me and explained everything in simple terms. He recommended the correct size system to go for after I mentioned we were getting a swimming pool and Dan worked out how much electricity it would use and we went for a slightly bigger system to meet our needs. Dan also gave us a good price as we wanted a top quality system but didn't want to pay more than we had to as we were on a tight budget.
We had a new build house and Dan organised the 13kw system to be installed pretty much the day we got the keys without any hassles. Dan cared for our roof and we organised carboard footpaths to be made so no stones would get in the installers shoes and scratch our new colourbond roof. The only hiccup we had was when the installer accidentally drilled through the wall when installing the inverter into our garage. He was extremely apologetic and patched it up straight away. Unfortunately the fix up job wasn't perfect as it was more of a temporary fix, but Dan got onto it straight away and got a pro out to fix it immediately and now you can't even see a thing.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the customer service of Dan and Goliath Solar. I didn't feel at all pushed into any contracts or anything and the whole process was really easy. We got good old fashioned honest advice and even after the installation Dan called a few times to make sure we were happy with everything and helped us get the app set up so we can monitor our usage and savings.

Great job!

Customer service was great, with polite service both while arranging a quote and on the install day. Install was seamless and they worked with our needs while getting the job done.

From Quoting to Final install one of the easiest projects ever

Great Company and team if only all projects were this easy

Quoting was through Dan who did not use any pressure sales techniques just good advice and lots of options (4 different sizes, systems ,brands and orientations) including a meter box inspection and roof measure ( which no other company I requested quotes from suggested)
I ended up on selecting a
10KW Fronius 3 phase Inverter
30x REC Panels
Full mains Board upgrade/rewire

On day of install there was a team of 5 tradespeople led by Tom from 7.30am >5.15pm to Install the system ,upgrade the Meter and main board and install of 30 Panels on a tricky Concrete tiled roof and they did well in having the system up and running and site cleaned up in one day (They even found and fixed some pre-existing wiring faults found in the house during testing and sorted these out on the spot)

Dan handled everything from organising the Meter change over & install date for trades and grid install to final software registration and suggestions for best deals with electricity providers and was patient with my questions and changes .

As a tradesman myself I wanted a good price but also qualified tradespeople and technical staff that could handle any problems by themselves from start to finish of the job using quality parts & that is what I got.

High level of service, reliable & cannot recommend Goliath Solar highly enough

Tom Morgan was amazing to deal with. He is extremely knowledgable & does as he says. Could not fault Goliath Solar & would never go with anyone else for solar.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone!

Professional at all stages. This was a brand new install including meter change and the guys at Goliath organised everything. I'd spoken to a few suppliers before finding Goliath and Dan was the only sales guy who started with "What do you want out of a solar system", we worked through my requirements and system was designed for me. Installation went well even though my meter wiring was a mess it was pretty much rewired completely - all part of the service, Customer service is one of the best I've experienced (not just for solar but across the board), these guys have it right.

Thanks to everyone at Goliath for a fantastic service :-)

Easy solar experience

Great company to deal with. On time installation and fantastic communication. Even when unexpected issues came up they were dealt with promptly and fixed. All of the complicated process was really well communicated - we knew nothing about solar installation! Easy to contact via phone or email to answer any queries. Good quality materials used.

A thorough and enjoyable experience

Dealing with Tom and the team at Goliath solar was so easy. Tom communicated effectively and clearly using texts, calls and emails to explain everything we needed to know about the installation. The boys who did the instal were punctual, polite and efficient, finishing the job in just under 6 hours.

Excellent throughout

We have installed solar systems on two houses and both times Goliath have been excellent during the planning, installation and follow up. Tom was great in developing competitive quotes using quality systems for different options. Installation was arranged with the team from Goliath turning up on time, doing an excellent job whilst being polite and friendly. Post installation Tom went above and beyond following up issues that were outside of Goliath's control (high voltage in the area which he followed up repeatedly with the electrical power distribution organisation and then following up the energy company to ensure I received the rebates associated with a VPP). Have recommended to several friends and family who have also been very happy with the solar systems and service from Goliath!

Excellent solar company

Had an excellent experience with goliath. We were managed by Daniel who was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and always available to answer questions. Daniel stepped in to help when our energy company were making it difficult for him to progress at his end. The installation guys did an excellent job and we are very happy with our system. Would definitely reccomend.

Highly recommend Goliath Solar

Goliath Solar were awesome to deal with. I work mate of mine had them install a system a couple months back and was super impressed with the quoting process and installation. Trusting his judgement i called up for a quote and dealt with Dan who was fantastic. Knew exactly what hes talking about and clarified any queries i had and recommended a few options for me to go with that best suited my home.

The installers arrived bang on 7:30 and cracked straight into it and the result speaks for itself. Cannot recommend Goliath Solar enough, they were great to deal with!

Great service from a local company

Spoke with Ben at Goliath a few years back and got a quote and more info, but wasn't ready at that point. Engaged him again a few months ago and was able to get the process rolling very quickly and made it super simple. Installation was painless, the team arrived on time and got the job done and to my untrained eye, did a good job. Have been offered post-install advice if required.

System isn't the cheapest on the market, but I was more than happy to pay a bit extra for a local SA company with good service.

Professional Installation. Excellent Service.

My partner and I decided to purchase a solar system so reduce our power bills for the future. After using SolarQuotes to educate myself, I found Goliath Electrical as a top rated installer and contacted them for a quote. Daniel from Goliath was extremely helpful and patient throughout the quoting process, explaining all aspects of the system and his process very thoroughly. After accepting the quote, the site visit was punctual and professional, and communication around booking a day for installation was quick and easy. The installation itself was excellent. The installers were polite, tidied up after themselves and helped set up monitoring for the system on the day. The after-sales service was also exceptional. I was sent large amounts of information regarding my new system and also a comprehensive guide to getting the best possible deal from energy retailers for rates as well as feed-in tariffs. Overall, from start to finish, my experience with Goliath Solar has been fantastic. I will absolutely recommend them to family and friends who ask about my new system.

Fuss Free Professional Qoute, Coordination and Installation

I was put onto Tom at Goliath by a friend re our solar queries. Tom was professional throughout the quotation and assessment process and explained alternatives and the different costs with all options. He was honest with his assessment of alternatives for us. He did not oversell. We sent his quote to people we know in the industry and they commented on the excellent value and quality system that was on offer. Tom then managed the process and hiccups caused by needing to change dates a few times without any issue . The installation on the day was hassle free. His installers were prompt, polite and efficient. I have no hesitation in recommending them. Tom then spent some time the next day explaining the app and how to monitor the systems performance. All up a surprisingly excellent experience.

Makes whole process very easy

Whole process professional, simple and friendly. Would highly recommend you talk to Goliath if looking at solar

A1 installer and customer service

Goliath's front of house went above and beyond to work within my limited availability due to a busy time at work. Were helpful, knowledgeable, honest and never pushy.

I heavily researched all components and everything lined up with what they had told me.

Install was fuss free and professional and I was kept in the loop. Everything promised was delivered, there were no last minute surprises or additional fees suddenly popped up (which has been the experience for several friends).

System is working brilliantly and I am happy that I have made the right choice.

Really neat installation

Full service. They took real care to make the installation I asked for, with battery.

Excellent Professional Service and Communication

We were delighted with the customer service we received from Goliath Solar and Electrical. From the beginning contact we received prompt attention. The quotation was provided the next day after our discussion. The installation was carried out within the time frame that was set. We would like to thank Tom and the Team from Goliath for making our Solar requirements experience a delight. Rob and Helga Henning

Factual and reliable

Smooth install.. helped with smart meter installation as I didn’t have fixed home broadband! So far so good!

13KW Seraphim System with Fronius Inverter

Excellent customer service from start to finish, with all my enquiries, answered factually and in a timely manner.

The installation went smoothly and within the expected timeframes, with nothing negative to note regarding installation. The work site was left clean and tidy after completion, and time was spent making sure that the system was handed over correctly.

They helped organised grid connection and LAN connection for monitoring, and so far the system is generating power as expected.

Follow up phone call provided after installation, to confirm the system was working properly.

Great service and install

After shopping around Goliath provided an excellent sales and quoting process well in advance of install. They also worked with the builder to ensure pre-install of cabling was completed during construction ready for final installation. Importantly on date of install all staff arrived on time, were respectful when in an around the property and installed to a very high standard. All through the process Tom as co-ordinator was excellent from initial enquiry to final installation and we have confidence that any issues in the future that may arise will be promptly dealt with if required.

Fantasic all round!!

From start to finish was an absolute pleasure to have Goliath Solar and Electrical handling all aspects of our new Solar System.

Tom was able to answer all my questions and also help me to choose a High quality system.

The small things like contacting my retailer to organise a smart meter and providing advice as to what needed to be done to make sure the install was smoothly conducted made a big difference!

From the design, to the high level of information and options Tom provided was outstanding. We are over the moon, Thankyou to the entire team! Well done & Thankyou

Professional and comprehensive service throughout

We contacted the three companies recommended by Solar Quotes and promptly received quotes from two. One company was very slow to respond so, thinking we may have only two quotes to compare, we chose a fourth company from Solar Quotes online list of recommended companies - that was Goliath Solar.

Tom from Goliath was quick to make contact and spent time listening and talking through our requirements. We appreciated that he remained our central contact person and we were impressed by the seamless way he coordinated every step of the project, and kept us informed at all times. From aerial photos he was immediately able to grasp some issues with our somewhat unique roof line and proposed solutions to ensure a good result. The quote sent was very competitive and provided for a slightly bigger system that other companies had considered. A technician arrived at the time arranged and did a thorough onsite assessment. We needed to have out TV antenna moved and Goliath arranged for that to be done as part of the quoted solar installation price.

A team arrived promptly on the day of installation - we appreciated that they were Goliath employees and not subcontractors. All were professional and easy to deal with, and worked efficiently and carefully to have the job completed by mid afternoon. Goliath had coordinated with our power company to have their technician on site at the same time to install the new meter. In addition our old outdated power box needed new wiring and fuses and this was all done at the same time as part of the quoted price.
At the end of the job we were shown how to use the smart phone app to track our solar power production, usage and exports back to the grid. Soon after installation Tom followed up with phone calls and emailed a detailed report of the work done, warranty details, photos of the roof top panels (which we cant see from the ground) and even advice of the best pricing deals available through our power company.

We are already impressed by the amount of power our 7.7kW system produces and even on cloudy June days we are usually self sufficient and exporting back to the grid.
We have been very impressed with Goliath Solar & Electrical and are very happy to recommend them to others seeking excellent service, professional friendly staff and very competitive pricing.

Original Review on 02-10-2020:

Very happy.

Sales person was great. Very informative and interested in what we wanted. Installation was done on time and the guys worked hard all day with hardly a break. Clean and neat install. Only complaint was the size of the holes thru the brickwork going from the first story to the second story in the roof space but some expanding foam fixed that easily to keep mice and bugs out. System works brilliantly and everything was set up for us and explained how to use the app. Excellent company. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kevin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 1 year everything is still very good. We are in credit with the electricity provider (AGL) and all is running good. We are getting into winter and the performance has dropped somewhat but that is to be expected. Hopefully the credit we have earned through the summer months will carry us through winter. No warranty issues or problems so far so we are very happy at this time.

Great company to deal with

Very impressive company, from the first interaction with Dan regarding pricing and product details, right through to the professional and efficient installation of the solar system. Dan was great to deal with - his vast knowledge of the products and their benefits along with his friendly and helpful nature was invaluable in selecting the most suitable solar system for my needs. Goliath offered top quality panels and inverters at very competitive prices, which when combined with the excellent customer service and the seamless installation process, makes Goliath a great choice when deciding on which solar company to choose.

Good experience

It’s early days yet as far as the units performance is concerned but to date the whole process has been a pleasant experience
From the initial contact with Daniel in sales who led me through the start of the quoting process answering all my questions on the technical aspects of solar products, and was there from start to finish.
Although I had received cheaper quotes from other suppliers I made the decision to go with Goliath based on a verbal recommendation and the fact that they are electrical contractors with
knowledgeable employees like Daniel.
They organised the new meter installation with my retailer and as I have no internet in the property they made sure the meter could be controlled remotely.
The installation went smoothly with the crew arriving on time and completing the work in a timely manner and leaving the property in a clean condition. The lead installer took me through the control and monitoring of the system which gave me a good understanding of the system.

Great service from start to finish

Tom went above and beyond to ensure we had a system that met our needs now and into the future

Great

Great people to deal with from start to finish. Very professional and took the time to explain everything

Outstanding Service

After doing research on a few recommended Solar companies, I narrowed it down to two. Goliath Solar came out on top due to the outstanding service.

I had many questions as I had never had solar before and Ben answered them all and never tried to rush me off the phone. Took his time to explain. Every part of the service was great, if you are looking for a great product, professional advice and outstanding service with ongoing support then Goliath Solar is the company to book.

Just read their reviews, we did and will highly recommend whenever asked. Well done for taking some stress out of our house build, if only all the other contractors were the same experience!

Best of SA installers

Over the years I have had a number of solar installers and without exception Goliath is the best. So much so that I recommended them to my family (brother and mother) and they all had installations from them as well as a number of my friends. Tom made the process simple, seamless and transparent. The install happened when scheduled and was clean, complete and successful. I also received a couple of follow-up calls to confirm all is working correctly. In addition to the solar installation, I had a Tesla battery installed and the service was beyond expectations. Could not be happier and I am a fastidious customer.

Great experience

Simple and easy to understand. Competitive prices considering the quality of product.

Installers great and simple process once intallation completed.
Thanks guys for your work!

Good guys

Dealt with Ben from Goliath who was friendly, responsive and very detailed on the systems available.
Goliath were not the cheaper vendor amongst the vendors but they did provide excellent service the entire way through. After having the system for three months and seeing the output as per what was discussed I can say I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Great installation crew and follow up by the company.

The sales and quoting process was extremely quick from the time of contacting the company.
The installation crew was on time, very polite and cleaned up after completing the installation.
The company helped organise the grid connection and request a new digital meter.

Professional Installers - Great Experience

Dealing with Goliath was stress free from start to finish. From my initial phone call, there was none of the typical ‘sales pressure’ you sometimes get when asking for quotes. I’d even initially been looking at installing a battery, and Goliath explained why that probably wouldn’t make sense for my property just yet (we’re only a small household). They also accommodated multiple date changes and a change to a smaller system. Ben was always available to call in the lead up to our install, and was extremely relaxed and knowledgeable. On the day, the installers showed up on time, and I only needed to hang around for 15 minutes or so before going to work - I came home and the install was perfect, with all wiring to the inverter hidden (a bonus that I hadn’t thought of!) and the panels looking excellent. I can’t recommend Goliath enough - don’t look anywhere else.

Nothing was too hard for Goliath Solar

From the speed of the 3 optioned quote receipt from Ben at Goliath to installation all went well.
With some companies saying my in-house meter box presented a challenge with one dropping out because they wouldn't tackle the job I found Ben at Goliath positively confident that they working with SA Power Networks could handle the task.
Not only did they do this but coordinated it all to happen on one day - which was achieved.
The gang that came not only laid a 34 panel system but sprayed rust spots for me before they began. They cleaned up and took every piece of packaging away even though they could have used our bins.
A very competent confident company with nothing being too hard.

Simple and Professional

Quick quote, coordinated install direct with our builder, clean work, simplified the documentation and commissioning process

Very happy

Goliath was the 4th company I got a quote from. From the beginning I felt that Dan wanted my business. He and the men who did the installation were all friendly, efficient and competent. All my queries were addressed cheerfully. On the day of the installation they arrived at 7.30 and the system was running by 2.30. I especially appreciated that the changeover meter was arranged by them and included in the price and they are also advising me on dealing with electricity providers and I feel confident if there are any issues in the future with the system they will deal with them.

Quality project for a competetive price

Goliath staff were polite and informative at all stages from quoting through to liaising with our energy supplier and commissioning. Work was carried out neatly ,on budget and on time.

Fantastic team, expectations fully met

Goliath (Ben) came recommended from a friend of ours and they did not disappoint. I had already done my homework with several other companies and Ben confirmed the facts, stuck to the point and didn't over commit, under deliver.

The installation team were on time and punctual, communicated clearly and walked me through each of the steps and when power needed to be cut temporarily. And when the job was finished, the site was cleaned and I was walked through the App and next steps.

Haven't had to follow up with Customer Service yet, but Ben followed up with me once the job was complete when he said he would.

Outstanding service

Goliath Solar was excellent in following up my enquiry about installing solar panels. Tom was courteous, helpful and answered all my questions. Their website is a mine of information, with explanations in clear English and case studies. There was no sales pressure, and Tom came up with a solution that fitted my site and my budget. The installation was smooth and hassle free - the team was punctual, clean and courteous.

Connection was made easy, even going the extra mile in recommending a better energy plan for me, to ensure I optimise my savings! All aspects of my dealings with Goliath Solar were exemplary, and I heartily recommend them.

Easy to deal with and great install

The team at Goliath Solar were very prompt and professional with replies, Very helpful with selecting a properly sized system and honest with quotes.
Installation instructions were clear and noted what need to happen as the owner, and what maintenance requirements were post-install.
Provided several sources on how to select an energy provider and expected wait times.

Absolutely Outstanding Solar Company

Goliath Electrical were fantastic to deal with from start to finish.
Tom is a very knowledgeable sales consultant who has the ability to explain the solar solution in terms that makes it easy to understand.

He goes above and beyond with his after sales support to help the customer understand the rates, feed in tarrifs and potential savings.

the Installers on the day did a brilliant job to a very high standard. The quality of workmanship is second to none and i am very happy with job they did.

i would not hesitate in recommending this company for all your solar and electrical needss

Great service from start to finish

I highly recommend the team at Goliath, from the very beginning to the end they have been on point. If you are looking at installing solar make sure you get a quote from Goliath before signing up with anybody.

Phenomenal customer service, no fuss install.

Highly recommend to anyone wanting solar. They took the time to walk me through what system would work for me (where other places gave me quotes on different options but wouldn’t take the time to explain the differences and left me feeling lost.). Cannot recommend enough. Made the process so easy!

Over-all great experience

Sales and quoting process was excellent.
Installation was done with professional and quality trades people.
Customer service was excellent.

Fantastic installer

Quote was informative and set out our costings.
The installation was handled with precision, workers were polite and knew their job well.
We had arranged through Goliath to have our meter upgraded and this was done on time.
System is working well and we are getting plenty of credits on our electricity account.
Follow up by the company on how the system is operating was appreciated.

Exceeded my expectations

I was really happy with the service provided by both the sales consultant and the installation.team but I was especially happy with was the difference in my electricity bill. I expected my bills would be lower however, my first full bill after installation, I actually received a credit. This was over the summer period. I expect that over the winter period I might not get a credit but I'm now confident that my bill will definitely be lower.