Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust

ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

A company that goes above and beyond for their customer

I spoke directly with David from Goliath, he was clear with all the information I needed and answered all my questions before setting the date for installation. On the day of installation, the tradies were efficient, polite, professional and cleaned up well after themselves. I would highly recommend this company to everyone and after all my conversations with David over the project, I can say they are honest, down to earth people that really just want to make their customers happy with the overall service. Five stars! Show additional information

17.Park Ave Semaphore

Initial Phone conversation with Tom was fantastic he knows his stuff. Tom kept me informed every couple of days. Installation went brilliant very polite, tidy & punctual. Everything was connected and running when the guys left. Thank you. Will recommend anytime. Show additional information

Could not be happier.

Goliath Solar and Electrical have been nothing short of excellent during the entire process. From initial presentation to installation to follow up support, I have been very impressed by their professionalism. I have no hesitation in recommending David and his team to anyone interested in installing solar. Show additional information
The whole thing went very smoothly. Installation was done about two weeks from order and my retailer installed the smart meter a week later. And its been running like a clock since. Show additional information

Dont need to go anywhere else

Dave had all the answers to my many questions and offered a number of different options.

His first price was the best of four quotes for similar quality products

His installation team were efficient, friendly and left the place as they found it. The job was done within a week of agreeing the final solution

Fantastic company to deal with, quality products and installation.

Ben was great to deal with and answered all my questions. The whole process was easy and no stress. Goliath organised everything from meter changes to registration and monitoring set-up! Friendly team of sales and installers and happy to go above and beyond to ensure a happy outcome. I would highly recommend this company for place of mind and quality. Thanks guys for making the switch to solar an easy process! Show additional information

Professional, well organised, on time!

The quoting process was open and tailored to customer requirements. Without compromising on quality cost were kept down, e.g. instead of using 315W panels more 300W panels were used because space was not an issue. The product knowledge of the sales staff was convincing and Tom's experience with system implementation and performance was outstanding.
Every effort was made to explain the pro and cons of various options. The installation started at 7am and was finished at 2pm, including the removal of an existing PV system.
Panels with 6,600W p.p. and a 5kW inverter (the legal limit for a single phase) were utilised to maximise power production, especially during winter months. It was no problem to have the inverter installed in the most practical position (the distant corner of the garage).
After installation Tom provided information on how to connect the inverter to PVOutput.org (a free solar data monitoring website). This allows even more monitoring options than the inverter manufacturer's free web service.
To-date the system performs better than quoted.
All staff members were friendly and helpful at all times.

Great service!

Goliath were amazing to deal with from the very first call. They came highly recommended by my brother( who doesn't recommend lightly). Calls, information via email was very prompt and helpful. Other reviewers had noted there wasn't any pushy sales talk - that was very true and so appreciated. From talking to David to organise , to the installers Sam, Greg and Anri, they were all friendly, professional and informative. I will certainly be recommending them! Show additional information

Great Service and solid advice

David (and company) just completed a warranty replacement of our solar array and upgraded our inverter and made the whole experience as smooth and hassle free as possible. A great outcome. Below price is for replacement inverter, panels were replaced under warranty. Show additional information

100% satisfied!

Tom, David and the Goliath team thouroughly impressed me. Tom put in the time to answer my many (so many!) questions and did not come across as a pushy salesman. Truth be told I got 5 quotes, Goliath's was not the cheapest but it was the best value. I felt relieved when David advised me that they employ their own installers and don't use sub contractors. I felt even better when he sent me their installation guide showing their standard installation methods. The three installers were punctual, polite and well mannered. It was at this point I knew 100% we had made the right choice to go with Goliath. The install was neat and tidy. I have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Electrical. Well done guys! Show additional information

Exceptional service and quality

From start to finish Goliath Solar and Electrical were a pleasure to deal with. From the initial consult to the installation of the panels myself and my wife were highly impressed by the level of professionalism and customer service. The installers on the day were more than happy to explain to us the process and to ensure we were not inconvenienced by the process. I would like to sincerely thank all of the Goliath team for this pleasurable experience. Show additional information

As good as you get

From start to finish was just fantastic. We had a dozen quotes with other installers and with all our reasearch we found only a couple that we would go with. With Ben we had no pressure to buy, great service and honesty and a unfaultable installation. We would highly recommend Goliath for solar! Show additional information

Exceptional Service and Installation!

Have nothing but praise for you company - starting with the fabulous customer service & ending with the installers, who kept me in the loop on what they were doing & you wouldn't even had known they had been there, as there was nothing out of place.

A pleasure to have used your company & would definitely recommend you

You can choose Goliath with confidence

Straight forward and up front sales and follow up. Tom was attentive without being pushy. He spoke through options and was flexible and across his topic. Installation was great on time
And easy for me. No issues at all recommending Goliath

Great Service, efficient and knowledgeable

I had a really good experience with Goliath Solar & Electrical. The salesman was really on top of his game and answered all my questions. The installers were punctual and finished on time too. The system is working within the parameters specified. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Happy Solar System Owners

The information they provided prior to quoting really helped us in our decision making. They were always here when they said they would be. The entire process was made very easy for us and we felt totally informed at every stage. The installation was seamless and the installation team were polite, efficient and cleaned up after themselves. We have been up and running for a week now and would have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Solar & Electrical. Show additional information

Goliath is good

Arrived on time as arranged and completed the installation with minimum of disruption. The installation looks good and we are looking forward to FREE POWER.
Customer service has been prompt and reassuring should we have problems in the future.

Another happy customer!

Corresponding with Goliath Solar was an efficient and friendly process; the team had comprehensive product knowledge and were capable of addressing even the most difficult of questions we had for them. The installation was organised smoothly, was punctual, and proceeded without a hitch. After sales service continues to exceed expectations. We have and will continue to recommend Goliath Solar to all our friends and family! Show additional information

It has been a pleasure dealing with Goliath throughout

Following a less than satisfactory with another solar installer I dropped into Goliath Solar & Electrical to get some advice – simply because they were next door to my gym; I knew nothing about them. Looking back now, I can't believe my luck. Straight away, I liked the people I spoke with, and my gut feeling proved right.

By the end of my 'solar journey' (don't worry, I'm being wry – they didn't call it that) I was an 'expert' (well…). I like to understand things and it stimulated my interest, so I found myself doing lots of reading and researching. In the course of that I came across solarquotes.com, and was pleased to discover Goliath, who I'd just thought of as the company around the corner from me, were not only rated a Platinum Installer, they were also ranked #1 Platinum Installer(!)

As for the work itself – brilliant. I was sent an outline of what would happen on the day, and times. It was absolutely spot on – either my job was typical or they've done this so often they can plan it with a great deal of confidence. My job wasn't typical.

The guys arrived on the day when they said they would, and everything happened exactly as and when they said it would. The Installation Team were friendly, polite, respectful, competent and likable – exactly the same as David (the Company Founder) who I'd dealt with up until then. That consistency tells me it's company-cultural, which is what you want, not just the good luck to strike the right individual. It was a pleasure to invite them into my home.

And the system? Also brilliant! The work was neat, tidy, everything looks good and works perfectly. They organised everything and let me know anything I needed to. And I've already received followup phonecalls and emails to make sure everything's ok. And only people with solar systems know the sheer pleasure of looking at your inverter (or app) and seeing the energy being pumped out. A nice sunny day was good before – how much better is it now?!

Go Goliath

The Sales/ Quoting process was completed by Ben in a very professional manor. The quote was very competitive with others.
Installation was completed by Sams team who arrived on time at 7.30am. Throughout the day the team were very polite, tidy and kept me informed of the progress of the work.
Customer service was first rate with Ben and with Greg handling all of my grid connections including multiple personal computer connection.
Overall a very smooth and faultless install throughout. I am so pleased that I chose Goliath Solar and Electrical.

Would happily recommend

Easy to deal with, quick installation, competitive pricing & good knowledge Show additional information

Greatest solar.

Goliath is the great installer I am satisfied with the service! And the solar consultant Ben, he is very kind and organized~ Show additional information

Excellent & Professional service

Great communication, quick response, reliable and fair information, competitive price and great value for money.
Installation went smoothly, and issue found was fixed very quickly.
You rarely find this level of high quality service in many business.
I'm very happy with my choice after all.

Very honest, sincere and professional Sales service

After dealing with 6 solar installation companies, I met up with Tom Morgan, the Senior Solar Consultant of Goliath Solar and Electrical for the first time and made a good deal with him straight away. This was due to Tom’s genuine approach, and importantly he provided me with very professional and honest advice. My immediate thought was that Tom was not here to sell the most expensive products or go after my money. He sincerely considered what was best for me.

Throughout the sales and installation process, Tom displayed a high level of conscientiousness at all times in that he promptly responded to all my questions at anytime and followed up on the post-installation phase to ensure I was happy with the installation.

Chris and his installation team were very punctual, excellent and professional. I was so pleased to see that at the completion of the solar installation, Chris double-checked to make sure the whole job was done probably. They have done such a great job and tidied up so well that I told them ‘it is as if they have never been to my place’.

It has been a great pleasure to do business with Tom and his team. I will highly recommend Goliath to anyone who is interested in the solar system.

By the way, I just received my electricity bill after the solar panels have been installed. Surplus Solar energy exported to the grid was 1,164.617kwh and Self-consumption was 637.586kwh for 74 days from 17/05/19 to 29/07/19. I am anticipating my solar system will generate much more energy in summer time. :)

Hi Hong,

Thank you so much for putting your faith in us and the kind words. Hopefully we see some more sun to keep the savings rolling in!

Kind Regards,

Goliath Solar & Electrical Team

Very painless install

Had a number of quotes through Solarquotes and all seems to be in the same ballpark with slight variation based on the panels which is understandable. We felt REC panels would offer us the best bang for buck, so we went with Goliath.
Sales process was smooth and Ben was informative without being pushy. I asked plenty of questions and we tweaked a few things based on our preferences - Ben even threw in some Tigo optimsers where chimney shade might touch some panels at various points of the day.
The installation was brought forward as they had a window and on the day they had a good sized team who apart from the fact we now have solar you wouldn't know they were there. They invited me onto the roof to check out the quality of workmanship and everything looks great.

Extremely professional and friendly company

From my initial quote to post installation, Goliath have been a pleasure to work with. Ben provided me with all the information I needed to make a decision on whether or not solar (and Goliath) were right for me. They did not use sleazy sales tactics like degrading their competitors or limited time sales. In fact they were the exact opposite - they recommended that I perform my own research on solar and the products they were offering to ensure their offering was right for me. They were always only a call away for advice and were always more than happy to help me.

Their install team were equally professional. They perfromed the work quickly, professionally and exactly as quoted. The install team also took the time to show me how to monitor my new system. Ben followed up the day after the install to check that I was happy with the system and with the manner in which his team conducted themselves.

Goliath are true professionals in what they do.

They gave me a much better deal & service than I expected

Tom the sales person came to house & measured up - explained everything -- the installation went perfect - they did a really neat job & cleaned up everything later - they organized everything through Power networks I didn't have to do anything -- I'll be checking them out for a battery later Show additional information

Competitive price, great service and communication

Couldn’t be happier with David and his team from Goliath. Right from the start their attention to detail to ensure I chose the best solar system for my house, was very impressive. These guys know their stuff and are qualified electricians, not just sales people. In my opinion they offer the best value solar package when considering the panel and inventor quality, the installation, service and product warranty, along with peace of mind that they’re a local SA company that have been in business for a number of years.

Once I agreed on a solar system, their communication to keep me up to date on the process, progress and installation date was spot on. Only had to wait a week or so from paying a deposit, to having a working solar system on my roof! The install team was great. Kept me informed throughout the day on what they were doing, were very polite, very professional, extremely helpful and made sure they cleaned up any mess at the end of the day. Highly recommend these guys!

No hassle easy to deal with and very informative

Sales and quoting was hassle free, no pressure, explained everything and left it up to me to contact them afterwards.
Installers arrived 1 minute early, advised everything that would be done and finished it in amazingly fast time. Quality of install was very tidy, no complaints. Took time to show me the inverter operation from Web to physical switches.
Did not have to deal with power company to get meter changed and gave me a lot of info about the rates of the various power companies, which helps when deciding the best provider for solar.
No hassle for payment, though I paid next day.
Super happy, super easy, highly recommended.

Multi residential installs

After lot of looking around and discussing with many SA based installers, at last minute Ben from goliath and I came to an agreement on product and price for 4 installs. I paid a little premium for the peace of mind and these guys did an outstanding job. I had few tenants which Ben organised everything with including meter changes and he came out and scoped all the properties prior. A few of the installs had their own challenges but the team that came out always did a good job. Show additional information

Great Installation

Goliath Solar and Electrical were great to deal with from the initial enquirer and throughout the installation.
Phone call meetings were on time as arranged and calls returned promptly when required.
Site installation was carried out quickly and efficiently and the team arrived on site at the time arranged. Set up and training on the inverter was carried out once it was installed.
Following the installation we received a phone call from management making sure we were happy and everything was operating correctly.
Overall service was great
Ben at Goliath Solar and Electrical was great to deal - plenty of helpful advice without being pushy, and we ended up with a good quality system suiting our circumstances at a competitive price, and installed within a matter of weeks. Show additional information

Easy process

The team at Goliath Solar and Electrical are very polite and friendly. They were professional through the whole process from Sale, Installation and Follow up. Show additional information

Good substance and great service

Timely friendly sales and quoting, anything non-standard they sourced answers for and kept us informed. Installation guys were on time, fast, friendly, tidy and professional with an eye for detail and service, a pleasure to have around. We didn't go top of the range just a good quality solid system. Customer service is proactive, informative and you feel supported. Very positive experience and Id recommend them, more importantly Id use them again. Show additional information
Its pretty competitive at this level of Solar (ie, quality panels and inverter), so other than small differences due to the large number of panel choices, the quotes from would be installers were pretty much the same. I felt that any of the 3 installers that solarquotes suggested would have done a very similar job Show additional information

Couldn't be happier

Having had a first generation 1.5kW system for 13 years and being somewhat disillusioned with the cost/reward, I was hesitant to upgrade to a bigger system. After much research, involving 4 different companies and significantly different prices, I decided on Goliath Solar because Tom was easy to talk to, very knowledgeable, honest, upfront and with no agenda other that to ensure that I was happy with what I would be getting. The end price was more than a couple of the other quotes, but 'you get what you pay for' and I believe that the quality of the panels and inverter more than justify the extra cost. I also believe that any extra outlay will be returned very quickly.
The installation team were punctual, friendly, and efficient. They kept me informed of their progress and made sure I was online and able to access my system from the WEB before leaving. The day after installation, on a VERY cold and overcast August day, my system generated almost 25kW hours - I was extremely surprised but very pleased!
Bottom line - you get what you pay for, and Goliath Solar were exceptional!

So easy to do business with

Absolutely fabulous people to deal with. Professional and reliable. punctual quoting and kept me in the loop about who was coming and when. Enough technical information to answer my questions but not too much to overload. And printed info for me to read at my leisure.
i am near the coast but that wasn't an issue, and shading issues...all sorted.

The entire team was friendly and i cannot recommend them highly enough for service, quality and post installation follow up. Great job Tom, Sam and the team. Thanks.

Oh and I have had neighbours and friends saying how great my roof looks. Its very neat. I just love watching my output meter going up and down and up...better than watching fish

A very happy customer

Product knowledge, advice and tips were invaluable when quoting. Quote was not the cheapest but others were not comparing apples with apples. Installers were right on time, carried out the install efficiently and provided a pic showing what went up on my roof. They were just lovely, polite and very helpful, connected up my system and showed me how to see system info on my mobile devices. Could not be happier. Show additional information

Easy to deal with

Quoting: Detailed explanation given of various systems available, tailored the system to my situation.
Installation: Installers were punctual, polite, kept me updated throughout the installation process, left no mess behind, neat and tidy installation
Customer service: Excellent, lots of follow-ups before and after installation via text, calls, and emails. Answered all questions I had.

Happy to recommend this company to anyone who wants solar panels.

Exceptional

Goliath were honest, professional and very helpful from start to finish.
Following my initial enquiry, Goliath provided me with honest, unbiased, simplified, informative, expert knowledge which helped me ensure that I bought the best system for my needs.

Tom was always readily available to answer my many questions and took me through the entire process from quote through to post-installation, with minimal effort required on my part. He even provided sound advice about choice of energy company, and applied for the smart meter installation on my behalf.

Pricing was competitive. It can be difficult to compare prices between different installers offering different products and configurations, but after doing my own research I found that Goliath's was the best of the 4 quotes I received.

Chris and the team who did the installation were utterly professional and friendly.

I couldn't recommend Goliath more highly.

Thanks to the two Toms and others on the Goliath Team for the high quality service and efficient installation of our 22 panels!

Great communication and support to guide us through the lead up and on the day. Excellent installation work - that team knows their trade. The Fronius App/website is excellent - it's early days, but we can see what is happening and we know already that we have made a good investment! Show additional information

Professional, friendly and efficient

Friendly and efficient, gave informative review of solar in relation to our home, provided recommendations for the best solution and an appropriate quote. We were kept well informed about installation which was carried out professionally and on time. Would recommend Goliath. Show additional information

Brilliant service from start to finish.

Goliath solar where fantastic. Ben was easy to talk to, knowledgeable, punctual and just straight up honest. He was contactableat all times and answered any questions we had. The quote we recived was the best price straight away. The process from then was simply quick and easy. Instalation was completed within a week. I wasnt home on the day of install but my wife was and she was very happy with the installers. She felt comfortable with them working at our house and was left with a neat, finished, up and running system. I would definitely recommend goliath solar to anyone looking for a solar system. The whole process was very easy and stress free. Show additional information

Happy from first phone call to Installation

Purchased installation of 16 x 315w Longi Panels and 5kw Sungrow Inverter from Goliath and could not be happier with the service. Genuine and helpful at all levels of the business. Quoting was competative and transparent, without pressure, and was won on the merits and conscientiousness of sales person Tom. Prompt and courteous replies to any questions I had throughout the process and the installation occured shortly after a 10% deposit was paid. Installers turned up right on schedule and completed the work, left the property spotless and one of the installers stayed back to ensure the unit was working with the app on my phone. The business owner also attended and was there to help the installers unload the panels which was nice to see. Follow up phone call on the same day as installation, to ensure everything went to our satisfaction. We could not have been happier with the 5 star service from Goliath. A worthy and enjoyable local business to work with. We are now just waiting on our electricity provider to install the new meter. Show additional information
Tom and his team were the third business to respond, but they made up for it when doing their first site visit to understand our needs and our property. They were easy to deal with, happy to respond to any question, and open to options on a variety of brands, which I found other companies were less open to consider.

I also gained quotes from 3 other suppliers not given through Solar Quotes, and only one of them was close to getting my business. One was really expensive on a lesser quality system, one was a sales organization (say no more) and the other was a locally owned business who was good, but wasn’t open enough to considering brand options.

Overall, all the businesses recommended to us through this website gave quality and honest information which assisted greatly in our steep learning curve and I would’ve done business with any of them.
Ben who sold me the product was very helpful. The installation guys from Goliath Solar were efficient helpful and knew what they were doing and left my property clean and tidy. Very happy with result and whole experience Show additional information

Perfect install, everything where we wanted it.

David quoted this qystem and worked through the complexities of having 2 phases and really helped me have confidence I was getting the correct system for my family. The Admin team followed through keeping me in the loop of all the steps. The install team were on time and really understood their specialised trades, expertly working around the skylight and limited space to create a symmetrical, pleasing and practical layout of the panels. While the cable team efficiently worked through a triple brick wall, switch board in the centre of the house and internally running cables in my 1963 architect designed house to really finish a top shelf product.
David and his team have then followed up everything making sure I was happy and it was all complete. It was a real first-class experience.

I would recommend the Goliath Team and use them again.

Awesome company to deal with

A big thank you to Tom @ Goliath for giving us a stress free experience with our solar install. We were building at the time and the guys at Goliath easily showed up the other trades with their professional manner and precise install. Tom was always available for a chat and had answers to all our questions. We are planning to add to our panel count in the future and wont hesitate going with Goliath again. Show additional information

Great Team, Excellent Product, Competitive Price, Total Customer Focus - Goliath ticks all the boxes

From my first phone call to Goliath I was confident that these guys knew what they were doing and that they were genuine in wanting to understand what I needed and to ensure that the system that they designed and quoted for would meet my requirements. I used SolarQuotes as my primary research tool to generate a short list of local companies that I then contacted for quotes, so I was already targeting companies that had many years of positive customer reviews on SolarQuotes. Goliath stood above the other companies I contacted, with the following factors being important to my decision:

1) Quality products tailored for my application: Goliath tailored a system based on REC panels and a Fronius inverter to meet my needs. Other companies were too focused on their systems/panels and not as interested in how a system could be best tailored and installed for my specific house/requirement. With Goliath I believe I got the best of both worlds: quality products with very good performance and warranty, with the system size and installation tailored to my specific needs.

2) Competitive price: As I ended up with a range of system sizes quoted by the various companies that I contacted, I compared price based on a $/kW figure. Noting that Goliath quoted a system comprising REC panels and a Fronius inverter (both at the Top End/Most Expensive region of the product comparison charts provided by SolarQuotes) I was very pleased that the Goliath quote was equal to or cheaper than all other quotes on a $/kW basis.

3) Complete turn-key with everything explained in detail and up front: from day 1 the team at Goliath explained every aspect of the system and installation and took total responsibility for every aspect of the job. Their comprehensive, easy to understand quote and responsiveness to any query that I had gave me confidence that Goliath knew what they were doing and were fully invested in ensuring that my solar system was installed without problem or delay.

4) In house installation teams: the fact that Goliath uses its own staff to do the solar installations was a real bonus. The communication between the sales/design guys and the installation team was very strong, and the installation team brought the same strong Goliath commitment to the quality and success of the job. The installation team was great – on time, friendly, able to answer the couple of questions I had, and took the time to explain what they were doing during the day and to run me through the system after it was installed. They left the place neat and tidy and the panel and inverter installations look very neat and professional.

So a big thanks from me to Tom (Goliath Sales Manager) and Chris (lead installer) for a job well done. With Goliath I really felt that everyone involved in the process form start to finish was fully invested and committed to delivery of a quality system that met or exceeded my expectations. When Chris and his team left my place the system was installed and operating, the grid connection was in place and monitoring systems on my computer and phone were set up. And the first call I received soon after the installation team left was from Tom, making sure I was happy with the finished product, checking whether I had any questions, and reinforcing that if I had any questions or concerns about the system in the future that I just had to contact him. Real peace of mind for a long term investment such as solar!