Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Competitive price, great service and communication

Couldn’t be happier with David and his team from Goliath. Right from the start their attention to detail to ensure I chose the best solar system for my house, was very impressive. These guys know their stuff and are qualified electricians, not just sales people. In my opinion they offer the best value solar package when considering the panel and inventor quality, the installation, service and product warranty, along with peace of mind that they’re a local SA company that have been in business for a number of years.

Once I agreed on a solar system, their communication to keep me up to date on the process, progress and installation date was spot on. Only had to wait a week or so from paying a deposit, to having a working solar system on my roof! The install team was great. Kept me informed throughout the day on what they were doing, were very polite, very professional, extremely helpful and made sure they cleaned up any mess at the end of the day. Highly recommend these guys!

No hassle easy to deal with and very informative

Sales and quoting was hassle free, no pressure, explained everything and left it up to me to contact them afterwards.
Installers arrived 1 minute early, advised everything that would be done and finished it in amazingly fast time. Quality of install was very tidy, no complaints. Took time to show me the inverter operation from Web to physical switches.
Did not have to deal with power company to get meter changed and gave me a lot of info about the rates of the various power companies, which helps when deciding the best provider for solar.
No hassle for payment, though I paid next day.
Super happy, super easy, highly recommended.

Multi residential installs

After lot of looking around and discussing with many SA based installers, at last minute Ben from goliath and I came to an agreement on product and price for 4 installs. I paid a little premium for the peace of mind and these guys did an outstanding job. I had few tenants which Ben organised everything with including meter changes and he came out and scoped all the properties prior. A few of the installs had their own challenges but the team that came out always did a good job. Show additional information

Great Installation

Goliath Solar and Electrical were great to deal with from the initial enquirer and throughout the installation.
Phone call meetings were on time as arranged and calls returned promptly when required.
Site installation was carried out quickly and efficiently and the team arrived on site at the time arranged. Set up and training on the inverter was carried out once it was installed.
Following the installation we received a phone call from management making sure we were happy and everything was operating correctly.
Overall service was great
Ben at Goliath Solar and Electrical was great to deal - plenty of helpful advice without being pushy, and we ended up with a good quality system suiting our circumstances at a competitive price, and installed within a matter of weeks. Show additional information

Easy process

The team at Goliath Solar and Electrical are very polite and friendly. They were professional through the whole process from Sale, Installation and Follow up. Show additional information

Good substance and great service

Timely friendly sales and quoting, anything non-standard they sourced answers for and kept us informed. Installation guys were on time, fast, friendly, tidy and professional with an eye for detail and service, a pleasure to have around. We didn't go top of the range just a good quality solid system. Customer service is proactive, informative and you feel supported. Very positive experience and Id recommend them, more importantly Id use them again. Show additional information
Its pretty competitive at this level of Solar (ie, quality panels and inverter), so other than small differences due to the large number of panel choices, the quotes from would be installers were pretty much the same. I felt that any of the 3 installers that solarquotes suggested would have done a very similar job Show additional information

Couldn't be happier

Having had a first generation 1.5kW system for 13 years and being somewhat disillusioned with the cost/reward, I was hesitant to upgrade to a bigger system. After much research, involving 4 different companies and significantly different prices, I decided on Goliath Solar because Tom was easy to talk to, very knowledgeable, honest, upfront and with no agenda other that to ensure that I was happy with what I would be getting. The end price was more than a couple of the other quotes, but 'you get what you pay for' and I believe that the quality of the panels and inverter more than justify the extra cost. I also believe that any extra outlay will be returned very quickly.
The installation team were punctual, friendly, and efficient. They kept me informed of their progress and made sure I was online and able to access my system from the WEB before leaving. The day after installation, on a VERY cold and overcast August day, my system generated almost 25kW hours - I was extremely surprised but very pleased!
Bottom line - you get what you pay for, and Goliath Solar were exceptional!

So easy to do business with

Absolutely fabulous people to deal with. Professional and reliable. punctual quoting and kept me in the loop about who was coming and when. Enough technical information to answer my questions but not too much to overload. And printed info for me to read at my leisure.
i am near the coast but that wasn't an issue, and shading issues...all sorted.

The entire team was friendly and i cannot recommend them highly enough for service, quality and post installation follow up. Great job Tom, Sam and the team. Thanks.

Oh and I have had neighbours and friends saying how great my roof looks. Its very neat. I just love watching my output meter going up and down and up...better than watching fish

A very happy customer

Product knowledge, advice and tips were invaluable when quoting. Quote was not the cheapest but others were not comparing apples with apples. Installers were right on time, carried out the install efficiently and provided a pic showing what went up on my roof. They were just lovely, polite and very helpful, connected up my system and showed me how to see system info on my mobile devices. Could not be happier. Show additional information

Easy to deal with

Quoting: Detailed explanation given of various systems available, tailored the system to my situation.
Installation: Installers were punctual, polite, kept me updated throughout the installation process, left no mess behind, neat and tidy installation
Customer service: Excellent, lots of follow-ups before and after installation via text, calls, and emails. Answered all questions I had.

Happy to recommend this company to anyone who wants solar panels.

Exceptional

Goliath were honest, professional and very helpful from start to finish.
Following my initial enquiry, Goliath provided me with honest, unbiased, simplified, informative, expert knowledge which helped me ensure that I bought the best system for my needs.

Tom was always readily available to answer my many questions and took me through the entire process from quote through to post-installation, with minimal effort required on my part. He even provided sound advice about choice of energy company, and applied for the smart meter installation on my behalf.

Pricing was competitive. It can be difficult to compare prices between different installers offering different products and configurations, but after doing my own research I found that Goliath's was the best of the 4 quotes I received.

Chris and the team who did the installation were utterly professional and friendly.

I couldn't recommend Goliath more highly.

Thanks to the two Toms and others on the Goliath Team for the high quality service and efficient installation of our 22 panels!

Great communication and support to guide us through the lead up and on the day. Excellent installation work - that team knows their trade. The Fronius App/website is excellent - it's early days, but we can see what is happening and we know already that we have made a good investment! Show additional information

Professional, friendly and efficient

Friendly and efficient, gave informative review of solar in relation to our home, provided recommendations for the best solution and an appropriate quote. We were kept well informed about installation which was carried out professionally and on time. Would recommend Goliath. Show additional information

Brilliant service from start to finish.

Goliath solar where fantastic. Ben was easy to talk to, knowledgeable, punctual and just straight up honest. He was contactableat all times and answered any questions we had. The quote we recived was the best price straight away. The process from then was simply quick and easy. Instalation was completed within a week. I wasnt home on the day of install but my wife was and she was very happy with the installers. She felt comfortable with them working at our house and was left with a neat, finished, up and running system. I would definitely recommend goliath solar to anyone looking for a solar system. The whole process was very easy and stress free. Show additional information

Happy from first phone call to Installation

Purchased installation of 16 x 315w Longi Panels and 5kw Sungrow Inverter from Goliath and could not be happier with the service. Genuine and helpful at all levels of the business. Quoting was competative and transparent, without pressure, and was won on the merits and conscientiousness of sales person Tom. Prompt and courteous replies to any questions I had throughout the process and the installation occured shortly after a 10% deposit was paid. Installers turned up right on schedule and completed the work, left the property spotless and one of the installers stayed back to ensure the unit was working with the app on my phone. The business owner also attended and was there to help the installers unload the panels which was nice to see. Follow up phone call on the same day as installation, to ensure everything went to our satisfaction. We could not have been happier with the 5 star service from Goliath. A worthy and enjoyable local business to work with. We are now just waiting on our electricity provider to install the new meter. Show additional information
Tom and his team were the third business to respond, but they made up for it when doing their first site visit to understand our needs and our property. They were easy to deal with, happy to respond to any question, and open to options on a variety of brands, which I found other companies were less open to consider.

I also gained quotes from 3 other suppliers not given through Solar Quotes, and only one of them was close to getting my business. One was really expensive on a lesser quality system, one was a sales organization (say no more) and the other was a locally owned business who was good, but wasn’t open enough to considering brand options.

Overall, all the businesses recommended to us through this website gave quality and honest information which assisted greatly in our steep learning curve and I would’ve done business with any of them.
Ben who sold me the product was very helpful. The installation guys from Goliath Solar were efficient helpful and knew what they were doing and left my property clean and tidy. Very happy with result and whole experience Show additional information

Perfect install, everything where we wanted it.

David quoted this qystem and worked through the complexities of having 2 phases and really helped me have confidence I was getting the correct system for my family. The Admin team followed through keeping me in the loop of all the steps. The install team were on time and really understood their specialised trades, expertly working around the skylight and limited space to create a symmetrical, pleasing and practical layout of the panels. While the cable team efficiently worked through a triple brick wall, switch board in the centre of the house and internally running cables in my 1963 architect designed house to really finish a top shelf product.
David and his team have then followed up everything making sure I was happy and it was all complete. It was a real first-class experience.

I would recommend the Goliath Team and use them again.

Awesome company to deal with

A big thank you to Tom @ Goliath for giving us a stress free experience with our solar install. We were building at the time and the guys at Goliath easily showed up the other trades with their professional manner and precise install. Tom was always available for a chat and had answers to all our questions. We are planning to add to our panel count in the future and wont hesitate going with Goliath again. Show additional information

Great Team, Excellent Product, Competitive Price, Total Customer Focus - Goliath ticks all the boxes

From my first phone call to Goliath I was confident that these guys knew what they were doing and that they were genuine in wanting to understand what I needed and to ensure that the system that they designed and quoted for would meet my requirements. I used SolarQuotes as my primary research tool to generate a short list of local companies that I then contacted for quotes, so I was already targeting companies that had many years of positive customer reviews on SolarQuotes. Goliath stood above the other companies I contacted, with the following factors being important to my decision:

1) Quality products tailored for my application: Goliath tailored a system based on REC panels and a Fronius inverter to meet my needs. Other companies were too focused on their systems/panels and not as interested in how a system could be best tailored and installed for my specific house/requirement. With Goliath I believe I got the best of both worlds: quality products with very good performance and warranty, with the system size and installation tailored to my specific needs.

2) Competitive price: As I ended up with a range of system sizes quoted by the various companies that I contacted, I compared price based on a $/kW figure. Noting that Goliath quoted a system comprising REC panels and a Fronius inverter (both at the Top End/Most Expensive region of the product comparison charts provided by SolarQuotes) I was very pleased that the Goliath quote was equal to or cheaper than all other quotes on a $/kW basis.

3) Complete turn-key with everything explained in detail and up front: from day 1 the team at Goliath explained every aspect of the system and installation and took total responsibility for every aspect of the job. Their comprehensive, easy to understand quote and responsiveness to any query that I had gave me confidence that Goliath knew what they were doing and were fully invested in ensuring that my solar system was installed without problem or delay.

4) In house installation teams: the fact that Goliath uses its own staff to do the solar installations was a real bonus. The communication between the sales/design guys and the installation team was very strong, and the installation team brought the same strong Goliath commitment to the quality and success of the job. The installation team was great – on time, friendly, able to answer the couple of questions I had, and took the time to explain what they were doing during the day and to run me through the system after it was installed. They left the place neat and tidy and the panel and inverter installations look very neat and professional.

So a big thanks from me to Tom (Goliath Sales Manager) and Chris (lead installer) for a job well done. With Goliath I really felt that everyone involved in the process form start to finish was fully invested and committed to delivery of a quality system that met or exceeded my expectations. When Chris and his team left my place the system was installed and operating, the grid connection was in place and monitoring systems on my computer and phone were set up. And the first call I received soon after the installation team left was from Tom, making sure I was happy with the finished product, checking whether I had any questions, and reinforcing that if I had any questions or concerns about the system in the future that I just had to contact him. Real peace of mind for a long term investment such as solar!

Dont go anywhere else. Goliath are your solar people!

From the reccomendation and first phone call with Tom to the finished product, the team at goliath were totally professional. Tom explained everything to myself more than once to make sure everything was covered. Consultation at my property went smoothly and covered everything again.
Install team arrived on time and even worked while it was raining, as a customer i really appreciated them getting stuck in to finish the install. A phone call from Tom after the install to make sure i was happy was very appreciative.
I would like to thank all at Goliath for their efforts. Well done
I can't recommend Goliath any higher. Tom was absolutely fantastic from the word go and handled absolutely everything. I was even able to move my installation forward a week. Great product, even better customer service. Show additional information

Goliath went above & beyond for me.

Tom and his team were professional, informative, flexible, helpful and tidy! They went above and beyond my expectations and I cannot recommend them highly enough! Show additional information

Excellent from start to finish

I contacted a number of installers prior to going with Goliath. I found the information provided by Tom at Goliath during the sales process was very informative and steered me in the right direction in choosing the right system.

The installers were on time and easy to talk to. They presented themselves in a professional manner and were very polite. They spent an entire day installing the system. The installation of the inverter and solar panels looks very neat. The installers left no mess and explained the system prior to leaving.

After the installers left I recieved a phone call from Tom who talked me through the solar Web monitoring website and provided me guidance in relation to choosing the right electricity provider.

The next day after installation I emailed Goliath some questions about the monitoring software not working overnight. They remotely accessed the inverter and updated the system.

I have been extremely pleased with the whole process from start to finish and definately will use Goliath again.

Hi Michael,

Really appreciate the kind words and thanks again for choosing Goliath Solar & Electrical for your solar installation. Was great to get the system installed frost and all on the roof!

All the best from the Goliath Solar & Electrical Team

Easy to Deal With!

Great communication and easy to deal with throughout the whole process.
They did what they said they would do. Everything was easy afterwards too with Tom letting us know the best deals at the moment in regards to feed in tariffs and rates.
I would highly recommend Goliath!
Goliath very personable, professional, honest and prompt, efficient service. Also have been providing excellent follow up. Show additional information

I wish every business was like Goliath!

From the initial contact to the completion and beyond, Goliath have been exceptional. Informative, helpful, responsive, price competitive and efficient is how I'd describe them. It was a simple, stress-free job. We are very pleased with the whole process. Show additional information
Goliath Solar and Electrical won our business for many reasons:-
- of the 3 installers, they offered the best quality inverter and panels with good product warranties (as opposed to performance warranties).
-they actually brought a ladder and tape measure and got on the roof when confirming our quote at site inspection (we have pool heating in place). One installer never completed a site inspection, the other didn't venture on the roof or take any measurements!
- they didn't harass us with "special offer" text messages and emails like one of the other installers who quoted us.
-as electricians as well as solar installers, they offered good advice re the existing pool heating and offered to move our TV antenna for us at no extra charge as part of the solar install.
- they respected my request for time and space to review the quotes and kept our agreed phone appointment.
- installation happened on time on the agreed date, installation was efficient, clean-up was great and handover thorough.
- clear communication throughout from quoting, purchasing, installation and follow-up.

I highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical to anyone wanting to install Solar.

Go Solar

Delighted with our solar system. Everything was done very efficiently. Staff all friendly and helpful Show additional information

Excellent installer. Fantastic communication and workmanship. Well done!

Goliath solar have excellent communication upfront followed by a fantastic install and setup. We have a Tesla battery through the AGL virtual powerplant and Goliath worked in really well with us to liaise with AGL to enable the install to work together. Thanks again!! Show additional information

Great installation

The majority of my dealings with Goliath solar were with Tom. He is very knowledgeable in the solar industry and was able to answer (in layman terms) any questions I had, not just about solar and the system it’s self but also about my power bill/s and also what deals were out there at the time of my installation. The installers we had were great too. Well mannered, showed good workmanship (neat & tidy work) and cleaned up after themselves.

I would highly recommend Goliath solar and have all ready told plenty of people about them with quite a few of them saying “we heard the same about them from other people”. If you are contemplating getting solar on, Give Tom a buzz, you won’t regret it.

Awesome team performance

The team from Goliath ,Tom, Sam and Henri were excellent, from the initial contact with Tom everything went well, all questions were answered with accurate and realistic expectations. The installation team led by Sam were punctual, friendly, courteous and efficient. Everything went according to plan. I would fully recommend Goliath to any of my friends with full confidence, they will do a great job.
Thanks Alan

5 stars all the way!!!

From the moment I talked to Tom from Goliath it was very informative and friendly. He gave me all the facts I needed to know and a few recommendations of different size systems. After a few more emails and a site visit we settled on a 7.8kw system at what I believed to be a very reasonable price for the quality. So far the system has been great and the live monitoring is easy to use and understand. Installation was very very professional. Both the installers were very experienced and friendly.

From start to finish Tom and Goliath handled absolutely everything. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Fantastic Installers on time and clean

Ben explained everything clearly at the quotation stage, and his quote was most acceptable.
The installers were very professional and polite, punctual, and very tidy at cleanup.
On completion Ben was on the phone to see if we were happy with how everything went.
I would not hesitate to highly recommend GOLIATH SOLAR to anyone considering a solar system.

Very professional, communicative, punctual, friendly and knowledgeable employees

We were totally satisfied with choosing Goliath Electrical for the installation of our 6.6kW system. From our initial contact with Tom Morgan to the completion of the installation took only 32 days. Tom regularly kept us informed about the whole process and took care of all the administration. The site inspection confirmed our wish to have this sized system installed. The system was installed on what was the coldest morning of the year - thank you Tom, Brad and Haydn, you deserve a medal for working in those conditions. In spite of the bitterly cold conditions, the system was up and running by 1pm. The site was left in an immaculate condition. The Canadian 315w panels blend in beautifully with the tiled roof. Goliath Electrical has a set a very high standard for the industry and we would not hesitate one moment in recommending them. Show additional information

Prompt and knowledgeable

Process well-explained, understood our needs, good communication, very efficient installation Show additional information

Clear and consistent communication. Excellent service.

We received fantastic service from Goliath Solar and Electrical. The sales manager, Tom, talked us through the process and kept us informed the whole way. The installation was completed quickly and efficiently, even during some average winter weather. The company owner even provided a follow up call after the system was installed to ensure we were happy. Easy to recommend when everything went so smoothly. Show additional information

Excellent installers

From the beginning the quoting and sales was amazing. Tom explained everything to me and was crystal clear about everything from the word go.

The installation process was great all the guys did a great job and I just let get their thing done. They arrived on time and got straight into it. They cleaned and left no mess like no one was ever here. They went through the time to explain everything to me and I couldn't have been more pleased

They got everything sorted from start to finish and I didn't have to worry about anything or do anything. Everything ran smooth from first contact and even afterwards. Highly recommended the team to anyone considering solar. Price, workmanship and after sales support has all been amazing.

Good... reliable installation and fair pricing

Ben was easy to work with. He spent time assessing and explaining the various options and gave easily understood explanations of the different costs/benefits. We made several changes from the original quote and installation timing and Ben worked to minimise any inconvenience and adjusted the quote to reflect the changes. The installers were prompt, tidy and efficient and complied with our last minute request to ensure all cabling was not visible, even though this resulted in a more complicated process with some extra cost (at no cost to us). I have not analysed the efficiency and savings as yet, but expect to get the results I expected. Show additional information

Very happy with system and customer service

Received quotes from a few highly rated installers, but customer service from Goliath stood out. Installation was tidy and well done. After smart electrical meter was upgraded, Goliath returned promptly to finish installation and setup monitoring software & mobile app. Show additional information

Professional from start to finish

The team from Goliath were excellent during the entire installation process. Tom was very informative through the whole process and gave regular updates on possible installation dates and what would occur on the day. Install team were on time, efficient and cleaned up after themselves. Panels are looking great and already generating great returns. Great local business worth supporting. Show additional information

Great experience start to finish

Thanks to Tom and the guy. Fantastic service from first contacting me to fill installation. Little touches like moving my TV antenna out of the way as part of the install makes a difference. Competitive quote and a quality system. Service was the difference here though, Goliath had it in spades! Show additional information

Excellent customer service and punctual installation

Excellent customer service, punctual installation and very good follow up procedures. I would recommend this company. Show additional information

Very happy customer

I would highly recommend Goliath to anyone installing Solar panels - they were all the good things - great service, helpful, honest quotes, on time, cleaned up, AND friendly. A great SA business!!! Show additional information