Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

4.8

Based on 838 ratings  - Aus Ranking

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,165 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (838)

Inverter Brand

A fabulous company to deal with.

Not knowing a great deal about solar but having done some research, Goliath discussed several options with me.
At no time was I pressured into buying anything.

Once the decision was made to contract Goliath for my installation, I was kept informed of how it would all come together.

A follow up call was made just prior to the installation date checking that the chosen date was still acceptable or do I require rescheduling.

On the morning of the installation, one of the technicians again explained the process to me, checking where I would like the inverter installed, showing me where cables needed to be run etc and offered to answer any questions I may have.

During the installation I was given plenty of notice when power needed to be disconnected.

Post installation, I was given a walk through of the system and again asked if I had any questions.
The site too was left clean and tidy as you would expect. All rubbish was removed.

The next day I received a follow up phone call asking if I was happy with the crew, had any questions or concerns. I did not.
A detailed email was also received with valuable information regarding the system as well as information regarding energy tarrifs from various companies.

From start to finish I couldn't be happier with either the system itself or the staff I have come into contact with. All very professional.

I would most certainly use Goliath again and have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for a quality solar system.
Hide Victor's Comment

20kW

Inverter Brand

Impressed with end-to-end experience.

Ok so many months on now and I’m still very impressed. The sales/quote process was very professional. I reached out, they answered all my questions, then left me alone to digest the information. From the start it was clear they really understood their products. The installation process was equally a professional experience with no surprises. My solar consultant guided me through the interaction with my energy provider including guiding me through completing the forms, this was made a simple process. Post sales support has exceeded my expectations, with my original sales consultant readily contactable even months later. In short, if you are still thinking about installing solar, I confidently recommend Goliath Solar, you won’t regret it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Hide Salvador's Comment

Solar

The installation was done efficiently & follow up service was great.
Hide Victor's Comment

After Sales Service Second to None

From quote through to after sales service, the team at Goliath were, and continue to be, excellent; respectful, patient and professional, they took the time to explain all our options and have continued to address any questions we have had long after the system was installed.
Hide Adam's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic service and quality of work

We have just had a 7.8kw solar system installed by Goliath Solar and Electrical. From my first phone call with Daniel he has been exceptionally helpful and providing all the advice, guidance and answering any questions I may have had. After reading the Solarquotes guide that Daniel had sent me, I also had three quotes sent to me through Solarquotes. Goliath's price was better than all three and the inverter and panels were of a higher quantity based on Solarquotes recommendations. The Goliath team that came out to install the system were great and explained everything to me. The workmanship was fantastic. I could not have been more impressed. I would higher reccomend anyone who is contemplating installing a solar system to contact Goliath. You will not be disappointed.
Hide Robert's Comment

Inverter Brand

No battery fitted with this system (Other)

Battery Brand

Very, Very Professional Outfit

We spoke with Tom Morgan and discussed with him the what is involved to install a solar system. We explained our situation in how much and how we use our electricity and that we wanted to be able to export as much power as we could.

Tom explained the whole process from woe to go to us, so that we had all the information we needed to decide to the size system best suited us. In particular with the current electrical network guidelines when power would and wouldn't be fed back into the grid and that on single phase we could feed back up to 5.0 kW. We ended up choosing a 13.32 kW system.
After signing up with them, Goliath organised for the installation of our new solar meter and the times quoted for change-over proved to be spot on. We didn't have to do anything. They also made us aware of the best offer for solar feed-in tariffs on the market.

They also provided us with an installation date. They ended up calling and offered to do the installation earlier but we weren't ready. They then meet their original date. The installation team were polite and did a great job. They replaced any cracked tiles as they found them and left the place in a very tidy state.

After the solar system was commissioned, Tom advised us to wait 2-3 weeks before contacting the new supplier they recommended to allow the paper work to go through our existing supplier for the solar meter.
On contacting the new supplier, the whole change over went to plan.
In summary the whole installation from initial contact, through installation to change to new supplier, was hassle free and our summary of Goliath is a very, very professional outfit.

Hide Ray's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great experience from start to install

Great communication by sales staff, I was walked through everything clearly. Installers were punctual, professional and tidy.

I had a pay as you go meter (which I wasn't using) and Goliath was proactive in trying to make sure this device wasn't going to be a problem when my meter was changed over.

I also needed to have my antenna moved to make room for panels and Goliath is partnered with another antenna company come out to move it... Happened pretty quickly.

Hide Aj's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great value and very helpful

Ben gave me a great deal for the solar PV system. He was very hands on, responsive, and informative. Very easy to deal with and always just a phone call away. Installation was prompt and set up was easily explained. Would highly recommend.

Gio

Hide Giovanni's Comment

Cost

FABULOUS service, supply and support!

We found Golaith through a WOM recommendation and they did not disappoint. Their quote was fair and open, honest and their service and support throughout out installation and after has been magnificent.
We were able to come to a decision about a system that would suit our use of energy at home and our budget and were pleasantly surprised when they were able to schedule and work around a renovation at the same time.
The installers were tidy, prompt and had excellent communication skills.
We would not hesitate to recommend them to family and friends.
Hide Casey's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic installer! Excellent customer service!

We could not be happier with our service from Goliath. Their quote was the most competitive and Tom's attention to detail in the quoting process made sure we understood all our options and all the pricing. Ben and the team who did the installation were punctual, friendly, tidy and did an excellent job. It was also great that they did all the communication with our energy retailer so we didn't have any of that bother. After the installation Tom gave us a call and explained everything about using our new system and made sure we knew to call him if we have any further questions. We highly recommend Goliath!
Hide Julie's Comment

Inverter Brand

Seamless Install! Great company for a New Solar System!

Nothing bad to say about Goliath Solar. From start to finish everything went perfect and very happy with the service.
Recommend these guys if your in the market for a new solar system!

Had a phone call the next day after inquiring for a quote for a new build, they provided plenty of information about the solar systems and what size I was after and had the quote that night.

Customer service was also great, received a phone call the next day after our new solar system was installed to see how everything is going & offered some information regarding the tracking app, electricity retailer deals, warranty etc.

Thanks again Goliath!
Hide Trevor's Comment

Great installer

Great customer service, including pre and post installation. Punctual and tidy and made the whole process stress free.
Hide Vishnu's Comment

Great system, great service

We've now had our solar system for just under 4 months and it has exceeded our expectations.

Dealing with Goliath Solar was very easy.
No pushy salespeople and very clear advice - all of which (so far) has been correct
I would have no hesitation in recommending in recommending them.

Inverter Brand

Great to work with, very happy customer

The word-of-mouth recommendations I received were completely valid. Ben is professional and both before and after the install has been available to answer any questions about the system and how it's working.
There was a hiccup or two, which is bound to happen when removing old panels and installing a heap more, but these were rectified quickly and efficiently by the team, and we are very happy with our new system.

Hide Aidan's Comment

Quality install

Sales and quoting process was a good experience along with the rest of the service.

Very happy overall

Hide Matt's Comment

Excellent service

The quoting process was informative and detailed. The installation team was a pleasure to deal with and explained what they were doing and made sure we were happy with all aspects of the installation.
The customer service has been excellent and we would highly recommend Goliath to anyone considering a solar system.
Many thanks to Ben Gordon as nothing has been too much trouble throughout the process.

Great install all around

Goliath were great from the start, providing information, answering the questions I had, and providing quotes for a variety of system sizes and options for our house.
Installation was done quickly, without issue, and it was up and running well within the allotted time.

Goliath kept us informed about the process all the way through, and have followed up to make sure we are happy with the system, and to answer any further questions we may have had.

We're very happy with it all, and would definitely recommend Goliath Solar.

Hide William's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very good high standard work

From when I first went in to Goliath Solar & Electrical show room Ben took the time to explain everything and answer or my questions. On the day of the installation or the installers were very tidy on time as advised and explained what they were going to do and how and where going to install the system. Everything was done as explained and discussed with no surprises. They assist me to set up on the grid and explained how the web site works. They were all very professional and would recommended them.
Hide Robert's Comment

Excellent service

Tom Morgan was very responsive and clear during the quoting process, and answered all of our (extensive) questions.
The installation team were very polite, tidy and punctual.
Customer service is really where Goliath (and Tom Morgan) in particular shines - he was extremely helpful in assisting with grid connection and issues with my electricity provider.
Hide L's Comment

Q Cell Solar System Installation

After many different quotes from different solar system company, Daniel from Goliath Electrical was the one we chosen! Daniel answer all our questions in a very experiences manners and fellowed up starting from the beginning of the quote to after installation our solar system! Daniel orgainised the grid connection after the installation and organised SA Power to fix our high votage! 4 OF GOLIATH ELECTRICIANS were punctuation, polite , experiences and very tidy for our installation process! We are so happy with the whole process with Goliath Electrical!
We definitely recommended Goliate Electrical! They are local bussiness, own employed electricians as well as one of the owner is the electrician! Thank you for everything Daniel and Goliath Electricians!

Would Highly recommend

The quoting process was excellent and the information supplied with the quote was both helpful and very informative. What I found most impressive was the knowledge that the staff had of solar systems. They were able to answer all the questions in detail and support their answers with facts and figures, not just sales talk and hype that seems so typical these days.

The installation very went well. I had no issues, the installation was complete in a day and the installers were polite and left the site clean and tidy. Couldn't really ask for more.

Follow-up after the installation has also been impeccable. My queries have all been addressed and resolved in a timely and professional manner.

WELL DONE! I'm certainly happy that I chose Goliath.
Hide Gerhard's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Inverter Brand

Exceptional service and customer care. This was my second warranty claim on my panels and both times the claim and process with the Goliath team has exceptional. Extremely satisfied.

This was my second warranty claim on my Trina solar panels and both times the process has been great and have managed to get me a win with upgrades ect as a good will gesture. This second occasion we worked through upgrade options to better future proof my system at the same time as they complete the warranty claim. I couldn’t be happier with the prompt service and personal contact from Tom and the team. Extremely happy with Goliath Solar & Electrical
Hide Brad's Comment

Great Locally owned Company

Fabulous Customer Service, Prompt and tidy installation, on time friendly and knowledgeable installers. Very informative Sales rep Daniel - thank you for making the overwhelming process for first time solar a pleasant one. Highly recommend this company for your solar needs. Support local and get what you pay for, quality!
Hide Natalie's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic installation, great panels, outstanding customer service

Quoting process was very easy and straightforward. I received emailed quotes for a few different systems (size, panel brand and inverter brand) from the one company, which was great to look into my different options. The installation company was prompt to arrange changeover of my power meter and arrange paperwork for the government subsidy. Installation went smoothly and installation team and electrician were very polite and respectful. I received outstanding customer service. The solar consultant patiently answered all my questions and was very communicative with updates and helping link my wifi to the solar system for monitoring and grid connection. A really outstanding company that supplies a great system. I would highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical to others looking to install a solar system.
Hide Tara's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent from start to finish

Everything from start to finish went well. Friendly service and very helpful & informative throughout the process.
Hide Colin's Comment

Couldn't be happier

Right from the start the friendly and knowledgeable service we received was outstanding. The entire process was explained incredibly well and the level of communication every step of the way was fantastic. Quality product and great company, I highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical.
Hide Dylan's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great experience from start to finish

I dealt with Daniel from Goliath Electrical for my solar installation.

He was great from start to finish. All questions answered, he guided me through the whole process and delivered every step of the way. The entire install was completed in 1 day and was done to a high standard. He sent me multiple quotes with the different packages we discussed and gave me honest advice. The after sales service has also been fantastic i.e which electricity providers will provide the best returns, updating home insurance advice, the warranty process if ever needed etc.

Would definitely recommend

Hide Matt's Comment

5kW

Tesla

Battery Brand

Fantastic response to my enquiry; great service and great equipment - fair price

Very quick response to enquiry. As we have 20 panels already, did not recommend additional panels, recommended only the purchase of a battery at this stage (my enquiry was about panels and battery). Very clear and prompt quoting process. Installation was delayed by Christmas and holidays in early January. Very efficient installation. Arrived when indicated, kept us informed during installation, quiet and polite and tidied up effectively. Went through Apt connection and followed up later to see if we had any issues or questions.
Hide Dean's Comment

Great company fully recommend

Tom was very informative and helpful during the quoting process and kept me in the loop with what was going on. Installation was done as promised and I was given help as far as the best provider for my rebates. Great customer service and would highly recommend
Hide Dee's Comment

Beautiful Installation!

My first phone call with the team at Goliath was very pleasant, we discussed what I was after and they arranged an inspection/quote as soon as practicable. Upon deciding to go ahead with the solar system I was given a date and it was installed on that day.
The installers from Goliath were punctual and polite, they kept me informed and asked if I had any questions throughout the day.
Upon completion of the installation, you couldn’t tell that they had been there, no rubbish anywhere to be found and everything left as it was. They talked me through the Solar Edge app and answered any questions I had.
After the installers had left, I was sent an email from the team at Goliath with all the warranty information and recommended energy provider deals to maximise my Solar use/feed in.
Honestly, I can’t recommend the team at Goliath Electrical enough, do yourself a favour and get in touch with the team at Goliath Electrical for your solar installation.
Hide Glen's Comment

Fantastic service

Sales and quoting was great, installation went to plan with the guys arriving a few minutes early.
Installation team was polite and quiet and I did not hear any poor language which was nice.

Excellent product, outstanding service

From my initial discussion with the sales team I felt like they knew exactly what was needed, and weren't trying to sell me something bigger than what needed. They were professional from day one, and kept me informed at every step of the way, even when minor issues arose.

The system was installed quickly and I couldn't be happier with the results. The installation team explained everything clearly and left my property without any mess. Even after the system has been installed I continue to get exceptional service from them explaining the ins and outs of my monitoring system.

Hide William's Comment

Inverter Brand

Couldn't recommend them more!

Absolutely amazing team of solar installers. Between customer service and technical install, I couldn't fault them. They're happy to put the time and energy into helping you chose the right system, install the best system and get the most out of your system. They're always happy to talk you through any parts of a solar install and system use!
Hide Jesse's Comment

Inverter Brand

Amazing customer service and quality of installation

Goliath have delivered us an exceptional system at a very competitive price. The customer service has been exceptional through all stages. Goliath have regularly checked in on the performance of the system which has returned us a $680 credit after less than a full quarter. The system is 13kw of Seraphim maxim panels through a 10kw Fronius. It absolutely pumps and the cost in comparison to 3 other quotes is not even close. These guys are awesome. Do yourself a favour and at least talk to them when considering solar. Photo shows 7+kw at 5pm :)

Five stars all around

I recently had Goliath Solar install a 3-phase system on my house. They were extremely thorough in presenting the best options to reduce my ever increasing electricity bills, especially so since I have been primarily working from home. Installation was done by 3pm on the nominated day and communication with the lead installer was constant throughout the day with minimal interruptions to power. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Goliath for any solar and battery installations.
Hide Bart's Comment

Fantastic company

Excellance service from the first phone call for the quote to the post-installation communications.
Daniel kept me informed on all processes involving the installation of the solar system. very satisfied and happy that I chose Goliath.

Hide Mahdi's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great team and great product

The whole process was amazing. From guidance and installation to after installation follow-ups, Goliath Solar and Electrical was fantastic. Tom and his team were great, everything was explained from start to end and everyone was very friendly and a pleasure to work with. I would certainly recommend them to anyone. Thank you.
Hide Gary's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent installers, great service.

Being a person with a disability who has cp and a developmental educator I was after a replacement system for my 3kw system. My friend recommend Goliath... I found Daniel and everyone at Goliath very understanding to my needs and situation. They explained the process every step of the way and worked with me to meet my needs and money.

Every question I had, they answered before I went ahead unlike other companies I got quotes from. On the day of the installation the guys spoke to me with a friendly manner and spoke to me about the process and what they was going to do. They cleaned, they were tidy and punctual.

After the install Daniel called and checked in on me to confirm the service and if I had any questions. It's great to have old school customer service, would recommend them to everyone. Even took my feedback about their website making it accessible for people with disabilities.

Hide Sisaleo's Comment

Q cells (Other)

Awesome service

Daniel was super helpful throughout the entire process and the installation was professional and trouble free. Can highly recommend.
Hide Natalie's Comment

Top job

I approached Goliath for a quote because they were highly recommended to me by a close friend of mine who had recently had a solar system installed by them. Ben answered all of my questions (I had lots) and didn't try to sell me 'extras'. He also made the necessary arrangements with the power provider prior to the commencement of installation.

Goliath used quality components at an excellent price and the installers were punctual, respectful and skilled and left the work site neat and tidy. Couldn't ask for more really.

Hide Phil's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service, product and install

Great service from start to finish.
Researched and read reviews before jumping in, and Goliath were highly rated. This and advice provided by Daniel were prime reasons for choosing Goliath.

Daniel was very knowledgeable and always available to discuss any questions or concerns I had along the way. Was extremely helpful.

Price was reasonable and install only took a day. Were flexible in locating inverter and site was left clean and tidy upon finishing.

Small issue with wiring and how inverter was reporting output and use (put down to energy company during smart meter install) but electrican from Goliath came out and fixed straight away.

Highly recommended.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Quality product and service

Goliath were the only company of the three I got quotes from that understood I might be willing to pay for more capacity and premium products. While the other two companies went for cookie cutter 6.6kW systems, Goliath proposed more capacity to future proof our home and any new family members who join my wife and I.

Customer service was excellent. Daniel made himself available at my convenience, with a direct mobile number for any questions I had along the way.

Installation and grid connection were smooth.
Hide Kaes's Comment

20kW

$12,500 to $15,000

A great SA business

Really excellent service from start to finish. First of all there were all the excellent reviews on this website. Second our pool builder, a no nonsense tradie, recommended them. Daniel called me up the next day after I sent an email and spent a good hour teaching me all about solar. Not a pushy salesman, just a guy who knows his solar and seems to love his job. The quote came that evening, then we quickly worked out the best system for us (had to please the Boss of Design), and we had signed by the end of the week. The price seemed reasonable and there was a good amount of trust. The installation happened only a few weeks later. On the day the guys were great. From what I can gather, everyone who comes to your house works directly for Goliath, so there's no subbies checking out your house. Simple requests like where to put the solar inverter had all been noted down from previous conversations. Place was left nice and tidy. There was a an issue with the install that became apparent quite quickly (would you believe the system was making too much power?). Daniel was on to it straight away and the next week they needed to install some extra wiring to take the load. This went as smoothly as the first. To anyone that is thinking of going solar I would completely recommend Goliath to do it for you.
Hide Jamie's Comment

Seamless

We where recommended by a satisfied customer. And we have found the entire process with Goliath Solar to be seamless and very professional as we only had it installed on the 14/12/20. We do look forward to our first AGL bill.
And given the seamless and professionalism we would recommend Goliath Solar to family and friends.

Professional Service.

From administration to installation, the experience was brilliant.

Processes were hassle free and punctual. Installers were on site as per specified schedule, job was complete before expected time.

Team from Goliath are accommodating, providing insight and guidance.

Looking forward to using their service again!

4kW

perfection

Cant not recommended Goliath electrical enough.
Tom was knowledgeable, explained everything and kept us up-to-date throughout the process.
The installers arrived on time and explained the system and cleaned up after themselves.
Hide Andrzej's Comment

Top Install

Very efficient from quotation stage through to installation. Sorted the meter changeover and grid connection. Great customer service including helpful tips and advice on which supplier to go with.
Hide Lee's Comment

Very happy clients!

I had my system installed by Goliath approximately 18months ago. They were excellent throughout the whole process!

There have been no issues with the system since installation and based on the advice from Tom regarding the size of system which would suit our needs, we have been in credit the whole time.

Can’t recommend the team at Goliath highly enough!!

Hide Scott's Comment

Inverter Brand

Amazing from start to finish

Contacted Ben from Goliath Solar and Electrical when we were planning our new house build. I was given so much information about the different panels and inverters and why they use the ones they do.

I'd already done a lot of research and was well aware that Goliath use quality panels and inverter with great warranties, which is why I first contacted them, and I was given a great quote for a 6.6kw system.

The build process took quite some time and Ben called me a couple of times just to check how things were progressing, but was not pushy and annoying like a lot of companies can be. His calls were to get an estimate of when the build might finish so that a date could be kept open for us to get it installed as soon as possible after moving in.

When the build finally came to an end the installers came out within a day to measure up the roof to make sure the panels would fit in the best orientation possible. The next day we got a call from Ben to lock in the installation date for the next week.

On the day of installation the guys rocked up right on time and were very quick and efficient with the install. They hooked us up with an app to monitor the system, and easily see how well it is performing which is great to see. They left no mess at all and were gone by 1pm.

I got a call later from Ben just to check that everything went alright and ask if I had any other questions. He provided me with a number of energy provider plans to look at and gave advice about what to look for when choosing a plan. He also let me know how to check my providers website to see how much of the solar power being produced was being sold back to the grid, to get a better idea on how our power is being used.

I could not recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical any more highly. They are a very professional and helpful company who I would definitely use again in the future.

Hide Scott's Comment

Great service throughout.

I had been tossing up solar for a few years. Every time at tax time when I would review my finances I inquired about solar. Every year I found myself checking in with Tom from Goliath Solar, he would patiently re-quote me each time and never imply any sales tactics or pressure for follow ups. Not once did I receive an unsolicited follow up or “if you buy now we will give you 20%” off email that many other providers tend to bombard you with. It was a seamless process, I would get my quote, change my mind on the whole thing in a promise to myself I would reduce my energy consumption, and another year would pass.

2020 was my year for solar. I once again contacted Tom as my first contact, he patiently sized up a few different sized systems for me, I price checked these with other suppliers and he was best priced by far (apart from a very underhanded offer by a supplier I will leave unnamed). We had our system installed in Sept 2020 and after nearly 3 months we are in credit on our account. Saving $800 on power (we are high users so we needed a big system, but it seems to be completely covering our day and night time usage).

Tom was very informative and spent so much time talking us through predicted production etc (he was conservative which is always a plus), he had an opportunity to sell us a battery (as we were interested) but he advised us to hold off (he could have earned extra here).

I felt the whole process was transparent, I felt as though I was buying from a friend who wanted the best for my solar needs and my pocket. I trusted Tom wholeheartedly and this trust was entirely based on his demeanour and genuine efforts to advise us on a solar system that would meet our needs.

The install guys were stand out, it’s a loud process obviously with a bunch of guys on your roof, but they were respectful, approachable and very tidy. It wasn’t like those times you have tradesmen at your house who you can hear discussing their weekend binge session (never considerate of elderly people or children in ear shot). The installers and electrician from Goliath though, were completely professional from the first to the last knock on the door.

I would advise anyone and everyone to take the time to speak with the guys at Goliath, just remember they’re not going to pester you so don’t forget them when you’re bombarded by emails and texts from the other providers you get quotes from. I would not recommend anyone else, and I believe I’ve spoken to almost every solar company in Adelaide.

Hide Gen's Comment