Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 28/06/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (912)

Amazing service, excellent communication.

Tom was incredibly helpful through the entire process. We knew nothing about the systems and Tom stepped us through it all, helping us to chose a system that was best for us.

Communication was amazing and continued throughout the entire process, even well after installation, to organise connection and negotiation of the best deal with a supplier.

Would could not recognize these guys enough.

Goliath's services

We undertook a new build using Goliath to supply our panels. Each of our dealings throughout the process could not have been easier.

Tom was all over the detail and the information he provided to us was clear and readily understandable. He went out of his way to remedy a late change we made to the roof and kept us informed at all times about what was going on.

All works beautifully done with minimal fuss and mess. Clear instruction on connecting to the grid and excellent personal follow up.

Use them, they're really good!

Prompt installation

Professional prompt installation.
Very happy with the service and advice.

Could not fault the entire process

The entire process was a breeze. Tom made the initial contact after my enquiry and listened to what I wanted. He the asked for my last electricity bill to review. He was the only person look via satellite my house shading since it was built - not just one day like other companies. Noting shading, Tom provided quotes for use of optimisers and without. Although he provided recommendations, he was not pushy at all.

The installation was a easy process. Managed to fit me in a week before due date due to availabilities. Prvoved a time when the installers would come and what to expect on the day. Once installed, the lead installer went the monitoring app and was happy to answer any questions. With in a couple hours post install, Tom rang again to advise that everything was complete and again asked if I had any problems or questions. He also looked up our property and explained what the system was doing at that instant, He also provided advise on what plan suited us the most with our current electricity provider.

Big take aways using Goliath
- Not pushy, advised what their quotes were and allowed efficient time for use to process it before ring every 2 mins.
- After my initial request of email correspondence or text message, he note that down and I didn't have any mis-calls from him - like numerous competitors.
- Correspondence was amazing. I was stepped all the way thru.

Thanks team. Highly recommended to friends and family.

Goliath Chosen After Copius Research

I did lots of research and narrowed the field to three installers. What tipped me in favour of Goliath was based on their willingness to engage with me and answer all my questions. This also included modifications to suit our particular needs and there was no pressure to sign up asap.
Their price was sound and I was pleased that they had their own installers, who in fact turned out to be excellent. They were punctual, respectful and courteous and they left no mess behind.
Interestingly Goliath were on my short list and they were also a recommendation by two other unrelated parties.
I was also impressed with their follow up to the installation.
I would be happy to recommend their services to family and friends.

A well informed quote made decision easy

The quote was just another quote until Daniel from Goliath Solar spent some time with us explaining a range of things that none of the other quotes we received mentioned. By far the most comprehensive advice we received and certainly the reason we went with Goliath.
The installation was booked in quite quickly and even brought forward due to bad weather on the original install date.
Ben and his team arrived on time and the whole system was installed with no fuss by the middle of the afternoon.
When the guys left you wouldn't have known they'd been there except we have had a solar system on our roof generating free energy,
It wasn't the cheapest quote but we felt we got value for money in slightly more premium panels and inverter and knowing we could rely on Goliath Solar should we have any issues. We paid extra and got a monitoring app to see how much we were generating and consuming so we could better manage our usage.

Clear, Competent and Caring

My entire experience with Goliath was exemplary. I started talking with 3 other suppliers and could not get happy with them, so I contacted Goliath. The initial conversation with their sales rep (Ben) was very helpful and clear. They installed the system on the day they promised and completed the job to what appears to be a high standard and without any hiccups. There were a couple of things they need to take care with and I was very impressed with their respect for our property and attention to those issues. The installation team was communicative, capable and efficient (nice guys too). The on-line system was installed while they were on site and when they left, I had an operational system I understood and could monitor before they left. On inspection, I had no issues with their work and they left the site spotless. 10/10! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking to install solar.

Professional and friendly

From the first phone call enquiring about a replacement system Tom and the team were terrific. They managed all my enquiries and guided me through the areas I hadn't even thought of.
The installation was the same with the friendly and polite crew on time and very efficient. They made great progress and by early afternoon had tidied everything up, including my old system, and had my replacement system up and running. All the paperwork and applications had been managed, so all that was left for me to do was watch the monitoring app they stepped me through and watch the kw coming in.

Very Professional

Ben made the process very easy to understand and also provided a very comprehensive information guide along with the quote. The installers were very professional and respectful of our business. They were also extremely clean and tidy. I highly recommend these installers.

Goliath Solar & Electrical are awesome

This is the second solar system we have had installed by Goliath and they are absolutely awesome. Their professionalism, knowledge, and courtsey are second to none. Tom provided comprehensive plans and details on the installation explaining every aspect. Tom also organised every single part of the install including the meter upgrade with AGL and connection to the grid. Sam and the team that did the installation were professional, courteous and did a fantastic job. Sam spent time explaining how to access the Fronius website and how to understand the information displayed. Our roof is quite steep which added extra challenges but Tom arranged the safety railing and that was also installed and dismantled in a very professional manner.

Do not risk your solar install to a fly by night shonky installer only go with a reputable, high quality company like Goliath Solar and Electrical.

Job well done

The sales team did a great job, not being pushy or hard sell. Questions were encouraged and answered knowledgeably. Both the pre install inspection and the on day installation team were prompt on arrival and organised. Small installation rectification were promptly discussed and fixed. System performs as intended. Great job.

Great from start to finish

It was very important to me that I had a system which could with the difficulties of my site where I have shading issues making a normal system function quite poorly. I also have a two storey house with poor access to run cables.Goliath Solar took the time to design a system which would overcome these issues and maximise solar output. The installation team did everything in a day. I now have a great system with battery and blackout protection.
he system was installed very neatly and and the system is working perfectly as designed.
It was a pleasure to deal with these very knowledgeable and capable professionals.

Fantastic customer service

Galioth solar and electrical was a great company to deal with when we purchased our solar panels. They were friendly, reliable and very knowledgeable. Daniel their sales representative was great to work with and the installation team on the day we're very friendly and kept us informed about any changes that needed to be made. We would highly recommend Galioth to anyone looking to purchases solar.

Brilliant Communication. Hassle free and value for money install.

Quoting was thorough, giving me all the options and info I may have needed. Email responses were prompt and detailed and we were kept up to speed every step of the way. Goliath took care of everything after engaging them, and was easy and convenient to have one point of contact.

Installation was delivered on time with no fuss at all, and post install direction connecting inverter to WIFI and walking us through the monitoring app made things easy as could be.

Would highly recommend Goliath. I really didn't have to do much of anything, and I have a new system on my roof generating power. If you want someone to take care of the lot, and always be available for ongoing advice at the other end of the phone, contact Goliath.

New solar

Good reputation word of mouth.

Quote and customer service was quick and effective.

Install was well organised, quick, cleaned up after the job, no mess.

Fantastic installor

Great service of sales and quoting process, very patient and clear explanation.
The installation was polite, punctual and tidy.
Excellent customer service after installation.

Very easy to deal with. Excellent communication and install will definitely recommend

Everything went very well there were no issues at all at anytime

Professional service and installation

Very impressed with service and professional approach from the Goliath team. I was kept fully informed through out the process and the system was tailored for the individual requirements at my property.
System was installed on time, and works perfectly. Thoroughly recommend Goliath to anyone considering a solar system. You can have complete confidence in dealing with Goliath.

Honest, professional operation

The team from Goliath provided honest and professional advice from the first phone call. We were put off for years from installing solar due to the amount of sharks in the industry.
Tom is very knowledgeable and helped seperate the facts from fiction.
Our system was customised to suit our requirements and expectations and we haven’t been disappointed.
Installation was completed as advised with no issues.
Once installed, Tom helped us arrange the best possible deal from an energy provider to ensure we maximise our ROI.

We can’t speak high enough of this company.

Very helpful and friendly. They came out to do a site inspection before requesting a deposit. That way we were not going to be hit with any surprise hidden charges. Turned up and installed on the day they said they would and when they left the system was up and running.

Very happy

Friendly and professional sales team and installation crew. Still awaiting my power company to install a new meter but very happy with the service from Goliath.

Excellent install

Very informative and helpful sales and quoting
very smooth and timely installation
Great service overall and post install assistance

Professionalism and good customer support

Ben was a great seller and customer support person. He guides you through the whole process and explain you with detail the option plans you could better have.
The installation was smooth and the guys who came were friendly and please lite.
At the moment I’m still learning how to improve my electricity consumption

Great Transaction, Excellent service

Well done Goliath Solar my sort of company to deal with no nonsense it just happens and you can actually talk to a person who you can understand, the team installation just did the job on time no nonsense. Goliath Solar recommend extremely highly if you want a job done without hassles will do no better.

The best in the business!

Right from the outset when I first talked to Dan who analysed our situation, to when the electrician came for a site inspection (which then changed the plans and layout), to the owners (Tom who rang me personally) and throughout install (Tom number 2) who along with his install team, ensured it was seamless, efficient, tidy and very friendly to kids and dog! Being such a big decision to make going solar , and then trying to decipher all the jargon, analytics, products, and different methods that companies could use (I got 7-8 different quotes) I found that Goliath were by that the easiest, friendliest, and simplest to deal with. From the conversations on the phone and then the site visit, I knew Goliath was a company I could trust- for such a big investment for our house. They were very honest, and didn’t push the “sale”. I have already recommended them to 2 friends, as couldn’t be happier. Thank you Tom, Dan and the team at Goliath!

Excellent quality install, service, advice and pricing

Excellent experience with Goliath Solar end to end. From the very first phone call with Goliath Solar I was impressed. They arranged my SEG for me right from my very first call with them, with no obligation to even sign up with them, even knowing that it would be over 6 months before my new house build would be ready for my solar install.

Once we got closer, their advice was fantastic. They were flexible with solution options, providing advice on different inverter and panel options.

Just prior to install, they came out to physically inspect my roof to more accurately measure up and confirm panel installation. Their electrician who came out was just as friendly and professional as the Goliath rep I have been dealing with through the entire process, who has been absolutely fantastic to work with. The Goliath rep has gone well and truely above and beyond, exceeding my expectations.

Just prior to the install, I decided to increase the size of my system and Goliath happily organised the revising of my SEG, and even provided slightly newer and higher capacity REC panels to maximise the number of panels I could fit on my roof.

During install, they had multiple people on the job to ensure it was finished on time. They started first thing in the morning and worked tirelessly throughout the day to get the 60 panels up on my roof and the invertor installed, keeping me updated as at install progressed.

Post install, they followed up later that evening and the very next day to take me through the solar management software to explain it all to me and how to tweak some of the options. I had a smart meter installed as well so I can see exactly how much power I am consuming at any time as well as how much Solar I am producing and self consuming. All visible from the Fronius app on my phone, from anywhere.

Performance of the system has also been excellent since installation, with Northern facing panels helping to maximise solar generation.

I have been thoroughly impressed with Goliath Solar and have been recommending them to some of my work colleagues who are also looking to install solar later this year and would highly recommend them if you are considering a solar install yourself.

During my initial build process, I spoke to 3 other installers, and received quotes from each. I found Goliath solar to be the best overall across all categories: pricing, advice, product selection flexibility, and after sales service and support.

Goliath Solar - Stand Out Performers

Ben & the team @ Goliath Solar were easy to deal with No gimmicks from start to finish. Sound advice offering best Solar system to suit my needs.
Installation all completed in one day on 2 story house with no fuss, installers are employees not subbies providing peace of mind on quality of install.
Goliath were able to answer all of my questions through the selection to installation process and were simple to deal with from start to finish, highly recommended.

Excellent service and Installation

I went through Dan after my brother in law recommend Dan and Goliath to me. Dan was very helpful with me over the phone and face to face as I felt the whole solar thing was pretty overwhelming. Dan was honest and patient with me and explained everything in simple terms. He recommended the correct size system to go for after I mentioned we were getting a swimming pool and Dan worked out how much electricity it would use and we went for a slightly bigger system to meet our needs. Dan also gave us a good price as we wanted a top quality system but didn't want to pay more than we had to as we were on a tight budget.
We had a new build house and Dan organised the 13kw system to be installed pretty much the day we got the keys without any hassles. Dan cared for our roof and we organised carboard footpaths to be made so no stones would get in the installers shoes and scratch our new colourbond roof. The only hiccup we had was when the installer accidentally drilled through the wall when installing the inverter into our garage. He was extremely apologetic and patched it up straight away. Unfortunately the fix up job wasn't perfect as it was more of a temporary fix, but Dan got onto it straight away and got a pro out to fix it immediately and now you can't even see a thing.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the customer service of Dan and Goliath Solar. I didn't feel at all pushed into any contracts or anything and the whole process was really easy. We got good old fashioned honest advice and even after the installation Dan called a few times to make sure we were happy with everything and helped us get the app set up so we can monitor our usage and savings.

Great job!

Customer service was great, with polite service both while arranging a quote and on the install day. Install was seamless and they worked with our needs while getting the job done.

From Quoting to Final install one of the easiest projects ever

Great Company and team if only all projects were this easy

Quoting was through Dan who did not use any pressure sales techniques just good advice and lots of options (4 different sizes, systems ,brands and orientations) including a meter box inspection and roof measure ( which no other company I requested quotes from suggested)
I ended up on selecting a
10KW Fronius 3 phase Inverter
30x REC Panels
Full mains Board upgrade/rewire

On day of install there was a team of 5 tradespeople led by Tom from 7.30am >5.15pm to Install the system ,upgrade the Meter and main board and install of 30 Panels on a tricky Concrete tiled roof and they did well in having the system up and running and site cleaned up in one day (They even found and fixed some pre-existing wiring faults found in the house during testing and sorted these out on the spot)

Dan handled everything from organising the Meter change over & install date for trades and grid install to final software registration and suggestions for best deals with electricity providers and was patient with my questions and changes .

As a tradesman myself I wanted a good price but also qualified tradespeople and technical staff that could handle any problems by themselves from start to finish of the job using quality parts & that is what I got.

High level of service, reliable & cannot recommend Goliath Solar highly enough

Tom Morgan was amazing to deal with. He is extremely knowledgable & does as he says. Could not fault Goliath Solar & would never go with anyone else for solar.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone!

Professional at all stages. This was a brand new install including meter change and the guys at Goliath organised everything. I'd spoken to a few suppliers before finding Goliath and Dan was the only sales guy who started with "What do you want out of a solar system", we worked through my requirements and system was designed for me. Installation went well even though my meter wiring was a mess it was pretty much rewired completely - all part of the service, Customer service is one of the best I've experienced (not just for solar but across the board), these guys have it right.

Thanks to everyone at Goliath for a fantastic service :-)

Easy solar experience

Great company to deal with. On time installation and fantastic communication. Even when unexpected issues came up they were dealt with promptly and fixed. All of the complicated process was really well communicated - we knew nothing about solar installation! Easy to contact via phone or email to answer any queries. Good quality materials used.

A thorough and enjoyable experience

Dealing with Tom and the team at Goliath solar was so easy. Tom communicated effectively and clearly using texts, calls and emails to explain everything we needed to know about the installation. The boys who did the instal were punctual, polite and efficient, finishing the job in just under 6 hours.

Excellent throughout

We have installed solar systems on two houses and both times Goliath have been excellent during the planning, installation and follow up. Tom was great in developing competitive quotes using quality systems for different options. Installation was arranged with the team from Goliath turning up on time, doing an excellent job whilst being polite and friendly. Post installation Tom went above and beyond following up issues that were outside of Goliath's control (high voltage in the area which he followed up repeatedly with the electrical power distribution organisation and then following up the energy company to ensure I received the rebates associated with a VPP). Have recommended to several friends and family who have also been very happy with the solar systems and service from Goliath!

Excellent solar company

Had an excellent experience with goliath. We were managed by Daniel who was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and always available to answer questions. Daniel stepped in to help when our energy company were making it difficult for him to progress at his end. The installation guys did an excellent job and we are very happy with our system. Would definitely reccomend.

Highly recommend Goliath Solar

Goliath Solar were awesome to deal with. I work mate of mine had them install a system a couple months back and was super impressed with the quoting process and installation. Trusting his judgement i called up for a quote and dealt with Dan who was fantastic. Knew exactly what hes talking about and clarified any queries i had and recommended a few options for me to go with that best suited my home.

The installers arrived bang on 7:30 and cracked straight into it and the result speaks for itself. Cannot recommend Goliath Solar enough, they were great to deal with!

Great service from a local company

Spoke with Ben at Goliath a few years back and got a quote and more info, but wasn't ready at that point. Engaged him again a few months ago and was able to get the process rolling very quickly and made it super simple. Installation was painless, the team arrived on time and got the job done and to my untrained eye, did a good job. Have been offered post-install advice if required.

System isn't the cheapest on the market, but I was more than happy to pay a bit extra for a local SA company with good service.

Professional Installation. Excellent Service.

My partner and I decided to purchase a solar system so reduce our power bills for the future. After using SolarQuotes to educate myself, I found Goliath Electrical as a top rated installer and contacted them for a quote. Daniel from Goliath was extremely helpful and patient throughout the quoting process, explaining all aspects of the system and his process very thoroughly. After accepting the quote, the site visit was punctual and professional, and communication around booking a day for installation was quick and easy. The installation itself was excellent. The installers were polite, tidied up after themselves and helped set up monitoring for the system on the day. The after-sales service was also exceptional. I was sent large amounts of information regarding my new system and also a comprehensive guide to getting the best possible deal from energy retailers for rates as well as feed-in tariffs. Overall, from start to finish, my experience with Goliath Solar has been fantastic. I will absolutely recommend them to family and friends who ask about my new system.

Fuss Free Professional Qoute, Coordination and Installation

I was put onto Tom at Goliath by a friend re our solar queries. Tom was professional throughout the quotation and assessment process and explained alternatives and the different costs with all options. He was honest with his assessment of alternatives for us. He did not oversell. We sent his quote to people we know in the industry and they commented on the excellent value and quality system that was on offer. Tom then managed the process and hiccups caused by needing to change dates a few times without any issue . The installation on the day was hassle free. His installers were prompt, polite and efficient. I have no hesitation in recommending them. Tom then spent some time the next day explaining the app and how to monitor the systems performance. All up a surprisingly excellent experience.

Makes whole process very easy

Whole process professional, simple and friendly. Would highly recommend you talk to Goliath if looking at solar

A1 installer and customer service

Goliath's front of house went above and beyond to work within my limited availability due to a busy time at work. Were helpful, knowledgeable, honest and never pushy.

I heavily researched all components and everything lined up with what they had told me.

Install was fuss free and professional and I was kept in the loop. Everything promised was delivered, there were no last minute surprises or additional fees suddenly popped up (which has been the experience for several friends).

System is working brilliantly and I am happy that I have made the right choice.

Really neat installation

Full service. They took real care to make the installation I asked for, with battery.

Excellent Professional Service and Communication

We were delighted with the customer service we received from Goliath Solar and Electrical. From the beginning contact we received prompt attention. The quotation was provided the next day after our discussion. The installation was carried out within the time frame that was set. We would like to thank Tom and the Team from Goliath for making our Solar requirements experience a delight. Rob and Helga Henning

Factual and reliable

Smooth install.. helped with smart meter installation as I didn’t have fixed home broadband! So far so good!

13KW Seraphim System with Fronius Inverter

Excellent customer service from start to finish, with all my enquiries, answered factually and in a timely manner.

The installation went smoothly and within the expected timeframes, with nothing negative to note regarding installation. The work site was left clean and tidy after completion, and time was spent making sure that the system was handed over correctly.

They helped organised grid connection and LAN connection for monitoring, and so far the system is generating power as expected.

Follow up phone call provided after installation, to confirm the system was working properly.

Great service and install

After shopping around Goliath provided an excellent sales and quoting process well in advance of install. They also worked with the builder to ensure pre-install of cabling was completed during construction ready for final installation. Importantly on date of install all staff arrived on time, were respectful when in an around the property and installed to a very high standard. All through the process Tom as co-ordinator was excellent from initial enquiry to final installation and we have confidence that any issues in the future that may arise will be promptly dealt with if required.

Fantasic all round!!

From start to finish was an absolute pleasure to have Goliath Solar and Electrical handling all aspects of our new Solar System.

Tom was able to answer all my questions and also help me to choose a High quality system.

The small things like contacting my retailer to organise a smart meter and providing advice as to what needed to be done to make sure the install was smoothly conducted made a big difference!

From the design, to the high level of information and options Tom provided was outstanding. We are over the moon, Thankyou to the entire team! Well done & Thankyou

Professional and comprehensive service throughout

We contacted the three companies recommended by Solar Quotes and promptly received quotes from two. One company was very slow to respond so, thinking we may have only two quotes to compare, we chose a fourth company from Solar Quotes online list of recommended companies - that was Goliath Solar.

Tom from Goliath was quick to make contact and spent time listening and talking through our requirements. We appreciated that he remained our central contact person and we were impressed by the seamless way he coordinated every step of the project, and kept us informed at all times. From aerial photos he was immediately able to grasp some issues with our somewhat unique roof line and proposed solutions to ensure a good result. The quote sent was very competitive and provided for a slightly bigger system that other companies had considered. A technician arrived at the time arranged and did a thorough onsite assessment. We needed to have out TV antenna moved and Goliath arranged for that to be done as part of the quoted solar installation price.

A team arrived promptly on the day of installation - we appreciated that they were Goliath employees and not subcontractors. All were professional and easy to deal with, and worked efficiently and carefully to have the job completed by mid afternoon. Goliath had coordinated with our power company to have their technician on site at the same time to install the new meter. In addition our old outdated power box needed new wiring and fuses and this was all done at the same time as part of the quoted price.
At the end of the job we were shown how to use the smart phone app to track our solar power production, usage and exports back to the grid. Soon after installation Tom followed up with phone calls and emailed a detailed report of the work done, warranty details, photos of the roof top panels (which we cant see from the ground) and even advice of the best pricing deals available through our power company.

We are already impressed by the amount of power our 7.7kW system produces and even on cloudy June days we are usually self sufficient and exporting back to the grid.
We have been very impressed with Goliath Solar & Electrical and are very happy to recommend them to others seeking excellent service, professional friendly staff and very competitive pricing.

Original Review on 02-10-2020:

Very happy.

Sales person was great. Very informative and interested in what we wanted. Installation was done on time and the guys worked hard all day with hardly a break. Clean and neat install. Only complaint was the size of the holes thru the brickwork going from the first story to the second story in the roof space but some expanding foam fixed that easily to keep mice and bugs out. System works brilliantly and everything was set up for us and explained how to use the app. Excellent company. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kevin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 1 year everything is still very good. We are in credit with the electricity provider (AGL) and all is running good. We are getting into winter and the performance has dropped somewhat but that is to be expected. Hopefully the credit we have earned through the summer months will carry us through winter. No warranty issues or problems so far so we are very happy at this time.