Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 287749 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 244200 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $8,250 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Highly recommended. Smooth, simple and easy process.

As a first time buyer of a solar system and battery the sea of options and technical jargon was initially daunting. With the help of Tom from Goliath all my questions were answered and explained in language that was super simple to grasp. With Tom's helpful guidance I picked the perfect setup for my new family home and couldn't be happier. I would recommend Goliath to anyone interested in solar. The whole process was smooth, simple and easy. Show additional information

They’re all good from the start up to the installation, the owner can be easily be contacted if I have a question.they came on time on the day of the instillation and tidy up after the instillation. Show additional information

It's amazing how friendly staff and not being rushed into a sale can make you feel

The best part about Goliath, the time that they have to explain every fine detail with you to make sure you are getting what you are looking for is fantastic. I didn't know a lot about solar before hand (just the basics) and now I feel pretty confident with even more technical parts. We run a small family business within the energy saving industry and will now be recommending Goliath to all our customers after the work they have done to my home. Very impressed with the team from sales to the onsite boys. Show additional information

Amazing customer service and installation

After many quotes Goliath was recommended to me from a friend. Daniel was amazing and gave me all the relevant informant to make the decision on what i needed and required. The customer service was outstanding as i was guided through every step and process and any and all questions answered. From start to installation i was kept in the loop as to everything that would happen. The installation team where absolutely great in every way possible. On time and the job was completed in professional manner.

I would not hesitate to recommend Goliath to my Family and Friends. So if you are looking for a great company and wonderful service give them a call.

Goliath

Fantastic, and very efficient, Ben Gordon was great, very informative and kept us informed constantly from beginning to end. Ben organised with electrical supplier to install grid connection. Tom and his install team were great, very efficient well oiled machine ,once again kept us informed on the progress and stepped us through web site and app on how to view usage etc. An also importantly left no mess. they arrived on time. The quote was also informative and had steps showing stages of install and what we needed to do, ie contact electrical retailer. Highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical Show additional information

Great installation. On site team very good.

Sales process very good. Not pushy
Installation very good.
Customer service good.

Excellent company

From first contact to completion of install it was a easy process due to excellent communication and quality of installers. Worry free process, thoroughly recommend. Show additional information

Great people to deal with

It took only 3 weeks from the initial enquiry to fully installed system. Daniel was great in organising quotes, installation dates and guiding me through the whole process. Every detail was discussed and delivered as promised. The installing crew arrived on time and completed the whole job with professionalism including my switchboard upgrade. Totally impressed with Goliath – super people to deal with.
10.89kW
33 X Q CELLS 330W SOLAR PANELS
FRONIUS PRIMO 8.2kW INVERTER
INSTALLATION BY GOLIATH

Took the confusion out of the process.

Quality system installed, fair price, friendly staff. Helped select the right system for me. Show additional information

Excellent service, and the best value for my money

I am extremely happy with the team from Goliath Solar and Electrical, not only they gave me the absolute best value for my money, their service was great, everyone was very professional and efficient and just made it a great and easy experience from start to finish, they took care of everything for us, even contacting our energy supplier and organising the connection to the grid!!
Thanks again to the Goliath Solar and Electrical team!!

Steve.

Awesome

The entire process was great. Goliath came recommended from a few different people and from the fist call Ben was great at answering all my many questions and keeping us aware of where we were up to at each stage.

Sam and his team came at the advertised time, installed inverter and panels with little fuss and were great in helping us understand how the system works.

Very easy process from start to finish and very competitive price compared to other quotes we had received. Would certainly recommend to anyone!

Quality local business

Goliath was very responsive in the quoting and planning process. Being able to ring up and speak to one of the owners is fantastic! They took the time to discuss options and put together a good system for me at a very competitive price!

You may find a cheaper price from a mass solar install, call center, but it's well worth it to use a local company that knows their stuff, will treat you like a human and respond to any issues.

Goliath uses their own installers. They1 were prompt, efficient and friendly. No complaints there. The sparky made sure my monitoring app was up and running before he left.

I'd recommend Goliath with no hesitation. Quality and customer service is impeccable!!!

All round fantastic service!

I was recommended by a friend who gave a glowing report on Goliath Solar from his experience on Facebook.
After getting 3+ quotes across different companies, i choose Goliath over the competitors firstly through customer service from Daniel who helped me understand what they do from quote to install, he didn't use pushy tactics to get my business and constantly ring me to see where we were at. This really helped!
Daniels understanding of the solar industry was fantastic, value for money on our system and return on investment ticked all the boxes.
Once signed up, everything was explained on how it would proceed and was a very smooth process and i felt i didn't have to do much as it was all taken care of.
Thanks to the install team, Sam,Tom and Team for making a big job look easy. Polite, easy to work with and left the job extremely tidy.
Overall experience was 5 stars!
Thanks to all involved.

Brilliant from start to finish

Had a great experience with Goliath. Tom was quick to contact us, and recommended a great system for our circumstances. Having had the system running for a month over winter I can see it was a good idea to install a system with Solaredge inverter to deal with shading.
Whilst it wasn't a super cheap deal we paid $6600 for a 6.6kw panels and 6kw solaredge inverter, so we feel we got a quality system. Quote, installation and everything else was great, it just took a while for Simply energy to sort out the new smartmeter.

Fantastic system from a fantastic company

I have found Goliath to be an excellent company to deal with. No pushy sales pitches and the follow up/advice from Ben was exceptional. They have and great reputation and it is clear that they value this based on the high level of customer service that I have received.

The installation went smoothly despite me having quite a challenging roof space. The team were very efficient and all the wiring and conduits look really tidy.

I am writing this 2 days after installation and have been lucky enough to have had a couple of sunny winter's days and I am already convinced that the system will perform better than what was quoted.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Goliath as a professional, honest and cost-effective operation. I am very happy that I decided to give them my business.
Cheers Mark.

Great Customer Service & Support

Would highly recommend Goliath! They were very helpful from the start with giving us independent advice and a personalised quote which suited our needs and lifestyle. The installation process was seamless - extremely punctual and professional. Since the installation Goliath have kept in contact with additional support and advice. We are very glad we chose Goliath - its great to be able to support an SA business which are clearly experts at what they do! Show additional information

Excellent service and Install. Prompt service, good advice, good follow up

Excellent service and Install. Prompt service, good advice, good follow up.
Highly recommended

Solar panels

I was very impressed with the prompt service and information given. The installers were on time worked hard and cleaned up beautifully afterwards as if they had never been there. The staff were very happy to explain everything to me. I’m over 70 and can be a bit thick sometimes. Show additional information

Fantastic business - how it should be done.

The team at Goliath made the whole experience easy and a pleasure to deal with.
They (Tom) clearly explained the quote (upgrading from our older solar system) and made sure any questions we asked were answered thoroughly, plus providing us with a fixed installation date (baring unforeseen weather).
When it came time to install the system (which they managed to do earlier than planned date, which was welcomed by us) the team made it seem effortless and with a minimum of disruption and the guys were awesome. They kept us up to date through the day and were very polite, a really great team.
The team at Goliath contacted us the following day to ensure we were happy with the installation and go through monitoring system (reinforcing, what the installation team provided the previous day), plus help us with finding suitable energy plans.
I would recommend the team at Goliath to others based on our experience, a really professional business and so rare to see these days.

Great product and customer service!

The quoting process was really easy and straight forward, I didn't feel pressured at all and I didn't feel at all like I was being ripped off. The installation was all done in one day, all the guys were polite and just got stuck into the job. The main guy, Sam (I think), was really nice and easy to deal with. They did everything, we didn't have to do anything - it was really smooth. Show additional information

Professional and excellent service!

The quoting process was professionally done. The solar consultant was very courteous and answered all my queries about getting a solar system. I was presented with various quotes to different systems and sizes and they were very flexible when it comes to choosing which brand to go with. Overall, I didn't felt pressured nor put into a uncomfortable position throughout the quoting process.
The Installers were very punctual and they walk me through the process of the Solar installation. They also gave an estimate to when the power was going to be turn off and also gave me a 5 min warning. Once the installation was done, they cleaned all the area and left it the same as before the installation.
Once the Installation is done, the customer service rang me up and walk me through on some housekeeping, address all my remaining queries and also help me organize all the requirements needed to connect to the grid.
Overall it was an excellent experience and i would definitely recommend going with them for your first solar install!

Great company to deal with

Goliath solar & electrical have put 6.6Kv system on my roof today. From initial contact, through quote and install the company was great. Always have time to talk and clearly explained every aspect of installation. They organized a meter change and followed up on it as the electricity provider was delaying it. have absolutely nothing wrong to say. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Excellent customer service

Excellent service, always updating you with a call and follow up email. Tom was always preempting my questions. Excellent service. Second time I have installed a system with Tom and I would do it again. Show additional information

Can't fault them!

Everything was made easy from the first step. They were quick, efficient and friendly. They made it an easy and enjoyable process from start to finish. I recommend them 100%. Show additional information

Great service, great system!

Goliath have supplied and installed solar systems for several of our family members, so they were the natural choice for us too. Due to our property being part of a Strata corp, the process of getting approval took some time. However, thanks to the excellent customer service provided by Tom Morgan, we had no issues once the approval came through. Tom was extremely helpful with organising our meter change and he was happy to help us organise the installation at a time that suited us.

When the crew arrived to do the installation they were on time, friendly, helpful and tidied up all the mess. We have a terracotta tile roof, which posed some difficulties, but they were more than up to the task and got the install done very quickly.

Overall, we're very satisfied with the service from Goliath and cannot recommend them highly enough

Fantastic company

Excellent experience from start to finish. No pushy salesman tactics, great company to deal with. Very happy with system installed. Show additional information

Goliath Solar Installation

Another 5x STARS for Tom and the Team at Goliath.

Tom let me ease my way into a 9.1kwh solar system over a 3-4month process before fully jumping in, inc getting my meter changed and answering heaps of questions before even signing. The systems expectations have been set right from the get-go.

I found everything was answered truthfully and respectfully, which is all anyone wants from a company.
The install guys were great as well, on-time and courteous.

Special mention to the SOLAR QUOTES website - an oasis in a sea of innuendo and definitely helped me take the leap.

Can highly recommend GOLIATH SOLAR along with the army of other happy customers.

Great Looking Solar System

Just installed today. Have to ask a few questions tomorrow. Installation and clean up great Show additional information

Quick easy and professional

The whole process was very quick and easy right from the first conversation with the consultant (Ben). He listened to my needs, explained at the level I needed and then quoted a couple of system options.
A site survey was completed to check all the details and we agreed on the final solution and price.
On the installation day, the team of 4 turned up on time and worked in a quick and polite manner. Due to heavy rain the install wasn't completed till the following day but I was kept informed throughout. Once completed I was shown the system and the guys left (leaving everything tidy.
Ben followed up with some after sales care and I have confidence that they will be there should I need them in the future.
I really cannot fault Goliath at all.

Solar supplier

Excellent service along every step of the process, from quote to install and follow up. Show additional information

Great customer service from start to finish!!

From the moment we first got in contact with Daniel, he was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information about solar installation. Having very little knowledge on solar energy, we felt confident that we would be taken cared of at Goliath Solar and indeed we were. Daniel was very easy to talk to and was always available to answer our questions. Site inspection and installation-wise, guys were very punctual and professional. No issues whatsoever. These guys don’t joke around and their service is great! For their price, it’s really worth it! Extremely happy is an understatement. Would definitely recommend Goliath Solar! Show additional information

Great all rounder

I highly recommend going with Goliath. After ringing multiple companies which couldn’t answer my questions accurately, I got in contact with Daniel at Goliath. He was very informed and answered any questions I had in a language that anyone with little experience in solar could understand. The installation boys on the day were very polite and didn’t mess around. Any minor hiccups were quickly addressed and sorted out on the same day.
Thanks team you made it very easy and stress free.

Overwhelmed couldn't be happier

After receiving several quotes, we were so happy to eventually come across Goliath who made the whole process from start to finish swift, streamlined, professional and informed every step of the way. By far it's been the easiest home improvement we have ever undertaken. The quoting process was clear and concise and the team at Goliath had amazing patience with us fielding many enquiries as our knowledge base of solar was somewhat limited. From the moment we made the decision to proceed, everything fell into place so quickly it was quite incredible. A big factor in our decision making process was that Goliath employ every team member from sales to installation and after sales service, by comparison to other companies who outsource/sub contract the installation teams. The planned installation was so easy and the team were just fantastic. They consulted with us on every detail especially on the layout of the panels. We were a bit concerned about the appearance of the panels on our roof space as the majority of these had to be configured on the front of our house to maximise power generation. In addition we do have issues with surrounding trees and the teams recommendations to optimise power generation and appearance were spot on. We're now 17 days since installation, and despite the dreadful weather we've experienced, and with very few days of sunshine, we have generated 317 kWh and exported 237kWh to the grid. Self consumption 79.77kWh. can't wait for some better weather !! Wish we had done this a long time ago but in fairness, we found the previous quotes varied so much it was confusing. Cannot recommend Goliath highly enough for their expertise and customer service. Show additional information

Good service from recommended company

Ben and the team from Goliath were great in replacing our old solar system with a new upgraded system. Kept us well informed every step of the way and even got the install brought forward when COVID-19 foiled some training they had planned.
All interactions with team members have been great and the quality of the installation is first rate.
Their approach to customer service is exemplary and the advice and information provided is invaluable.
Goliath have a pretty good reputation and it is easy to see why. Have no hesitation in recommending them as a solar installer.

Fantastic service and support all the way recommend Goliath to anyone.

Service installation and support all excellent. Ben made it easy and I would Recommend Goliath to everyone. Show additional information

Excellent Company to deal with

Prompt follow up to initial enquiry, very clear and easy to understand. Any queries were addressed satisfactorily.
Installers arrived as per scheduled time, explained what they would be doing, and were very polite and pleasant to deal with. There was excellent communication with Sam - he was very helpful with the app set-up..

Goliath a top choice

We were impressed with Goliath from our first dealings with its representative Tom Morgan through to a trouble-free installation of LG solar panels by a team led by Chris. Everything was explained clearly, the system (with Fronius inverter) works brilliantly and Goliath has always been there for any follow up questions on solar.
After more than a year of great solar experience and mainly credits on our electricity bills, we were very happy to use Goliath to add a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery to our household system.
Again, Tom and the Goliath team made the experience trouble-free and clearly communicated every step. Chris and his guys did the installation in a one-day job and solved tricky issues, such as running the wiring, in clever ways that left us with a very tidy install.
We will be watching how Tesla and Energy Locals manage our battery as part of a VPP, and hope the battery will help both our energy-use management and support the wider community.

Old fashioned service!

We have postponed installing a solar system because we didn't want all the complications involved with getting anything done now days, however based on a recommendation from a neighbour we contacted Goliath Solar and Electrical and from the first phone call it was clear the there are still some companies who value their customers. From that first phone call everything was as should be from emails, site visits, phone calls, organising of meter upgrade, organising all the required paperwork and in our case organising required scaffolding and finally the instal which was carried out by their own staff who were polite very thorough and respectful of our property. And they cleaned up after themselves !!! Fantastic experience all round and to top it off a great solar system ! Show additional information

Highly recommended.

Perfect service from beginning to end. Courteous and knowledgable, would recommend as one of the best service providers and tradesmen I have dealt with. Thanks to Daniel and the team! Show additional information

Seamless process from start to finish

From the moment I obtained the recommendations from SolarQuotes, Goliath has been a pleasure to deal with. Daniel was my main point of contact, and he had a great customer service approach. He showed a willingness to listen to my needs, but was also able to provide objective and non-biased advice. He did not come across as "pushy" in the sales process. He provided relevant and thorough information documentation that assisted me in my decision making process.

Once I decided to go with Goliath as my solar panel provider/installer, Daniel once again was able to guide me clearly in the next steps going forward. The site inspection was organized promptly. The technician who conducted the site inspection was punctual, friendly and was able to provide good guidance in the decision where to locate the inverter.

The installation also went smoothly. Goliath was able to book in the install time to align with the proposed meter change. They were also punctual and respectful of the property during the install as we were not home at the time. After the install, they left the property in a clean and tidy state.

Post-installation follow up was very helpful, and Daniel was able to clearly articulate the steps to inform my energy provider of the newly installed solar power system, and to ensure that the feed-in tariff was being applied to the subsequent billing. We also feel confident that Goliath will continue to support us as much as they can in getting the most of our solar power system as we need it.

Overall, the whole experience with Goliath has been excellent from start to finish. We can see why they are one of the highly rated providers at SolarQuotes.

Very Professional

The sales rep was extremely helpful, clearly explained everything and everything was done over the phone.
The site inspection was a breeze all my concerns were discussed and my mind put at ease (I don't have the nicest roof).

The installation crew were on time, polite, cleaned up and the install looks great.

So far, the customer service has been excellent, I can't fault the guys.

Happy Customer

We got a few quotes but felt the most confident going with Goliath Solar and found they had competitive pricing for a quality product.
We dealt with Ben who was very helpful and not at all pushy and easy to contact with swift response. The whole process was easy and hassle free and only took around 2 weeks from decision to go ahead to install. We weren't even asked to pay a deposit! The installers were prompt and polite too. Would not hesitate to recommend for anyone wanting Solar.

Fantastic professional solar installation

Fantastic from start to finish
No pushy sales techniques
Respectful
On time
Just brilliant

Outstanding customer service

From start to finish the team at Goliath were extremely helpful and professional. Every step of the process was explained to me in a clear and concise way and the installation team on the day were very proficient and polite. Overall, the team at Goliath were excellent and would highly recommend them. Show additional information

The best quality / value solar installer in SA

Look, there are cheaper solar systems out there but it pays to do your research. Tom Morgan was informative and honest from the get go. Yes, you can get a cheaper inverter, but you will be replacing it before the 10 years are up; yes get cheaper Chinese panels, but their efficiency is less and they drop off in performance quicker than the European ones. So we got a BIG system - a 10kw inverter wiht oversized panels of 13,5kw - why? apart from the 2 hours around midday when you will be spilling power, the extra panels mean you are making 10kw from about 10.30am till 4pm on a sunny summers day - in fact some sunny days we export 80-100kw (or another way, get paid $16-$20 every day ). The performance of the system is stunning - take this cloudy rainy adelaide sunday today when we were all in - even on a dull morning we were making 2.1kw and using only 1 kw. My power bill with origin is currently $800 in credit after 3 months of use. So spend the extra couple of grand - it'l pay back real quick and the system is warranted for 25 years (not your usual 10).

We added a Tesla battery last week - the latest version 2 - i think we are one of the first in the state to have this new model - look, the payback is marginal, and Tom was upfront on that (in fact he said there were slightly more reasons not to do it!), but with a $6k grant from SA gov (thankyou!) and the fact that we have future proofed ourselves for the next 10 years against rocketing power prices - and the fact that I wanted to save some of that lovely solar power we generate - we are happy. The battery will charge in a couple of hours in the morning and come evening, we get that power back for free - the tesla app is superb too - it tells you instantly what the house is demanding and how that demand is being met from roof solar, battery or grid - and you feel great when the arrows point the other way and your roof fills up the battery then starts selling the extra back to origin energy.

Tom and his team stuck with us through the whole process - the aftersales care has been superb - the install is very neat and the only real problem we had was the tesla registration process - which Tom sorted. So recommended - if you want honest, no nonsense advice, and great aftersales care - choose Goliath.

Goliath were prompt, professional, helpful.

We found Goliath via Solar quotes & they were really helpful in terms of providing several quotes for alternative systems. The installation was smooth & prompt, and trouble free. Their price was very competitive for our 6.6 kW system. A top local company. Show additional information

Great ongoing customer service

After 3 quotes we went with Goliath Solar due to their knowledge and longevity in the industry, and their great customer service. We had a minor issue during the process, that was quickly resolved and are very pleased with the overall experience. Show additional information

Excellent Service & Installation.

Goliath were great. They gave me all the information i needed to make a decision and were very helpful throughout.
The installation went very well. They arrived on time and were all lovely blokes.
Everything ran like clock work and i'd recommend them to anyone.

Amazing service

Extremely helpful thru out the entire process ..even installed a little earlier than expected, well mannered, polite, punctual, always ready to answer any questions, would highly recommend to any and all.
Sue W

Outstanding and Trusted company.

Daniel communicated with me using a pleasant manner, explaining the process thoroughly. He was respectful and was always willing to answer questions I had regarding the process. He was very knowledgeable and communicated both by phone and email explaining in great detail about the various systems, and costings. The quote was clearly understood, as Daniel explained all the elements required for installation prior to the quote.

The installation process went well. The installers arrived punctually and worked studiously to complete the job early than the quoted time. They were polite and provided feedback about the installation both during the day and at completion of the installation. They also assisted with the grid connection.

I would highly recommend Goliath Electrical and Solar company to my family and friends as they are professional, trustworthy and very approachable at all stages of the process.