Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,165 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (867)

13KW Seraphim System with Fronius Inverter

Excellent customer service from start to finish, with all my enquiries, answered factually and in a timely manner.

The installation went smoothly and within the expected timeframes, with nothing negative to note regarding installation. The work site was left clean and tidy after completion, and time was spent making sure that the system was handed over correctly.

They helped organised grid connection and LAN connection for monitoring, and so far the system is generating power as expected.

Follow up phone call provided after installation, to confirm the system was working properly.

Great service and install

After shopping around Goliath provided an excellent sales and quoting process well in advance of install. They also worked with the builder to ensure pre-install of cabling was completed during construction ready for final installation. Importantly on date of install all staff arrived on time, were respectful when in an around the property and installed to a very high standard. All through the process Tom as co-ordinator was excellent from initial enquiry to final installation and we have confidence that any issues in the future that may arise will be promptly dealt with if required.

Fantasic all round!!

From start to finish was an absolute pleasure to have Goliath Solar and Electrical handling all aspects of our new Solar System.

Tom was able to answer all my questions and also help me to choose a High quality system.

The small things like contacting my retailer to organise a smart meter and providing advice as to what needed to be done to make sure the install was smoothly conducted made a big difference!

From the design, to the high level of information and options Tom provided was outstanding. We are over the moon, Thankyou to the entire team! Well done & Thankyou

Professional and comprehensive service throughout

We contacted the three companies recommended by Solar Quotes and promptly received quotes from two. One company was very slow to respond so, thinking we may have only two quotes to compare, we chose a fourth company from Solar Quotes online list of recommended companies - that was Goliath Solar.

Tom from Goliath was quick to make contact and spent time listening and talking through our requirements. We appreciated that he remained our central contact person and we were impressed by the seamless way he coordinated every step of the project, and kept us informed at all times. From aerial photos he was immediately able to grasp some issues with our somewhat unique roof line and proposed solutions to ensure a good result. The quote sent was very competitive and provided for a slightly bigger system that other companies had considered. A technician arrived at the time arranged and did a thorough onsite assessment. We needed to have out TV antenna moved and Goliath arranged for that to be done as part of the quoted solar installation price.

A team arrived promptly on the day of installation - we appreciated that they were Goliath employees and not subcontractors. All were professional and easy to deal with, and worked efficiently and carefully to have the job completed by mid afternoon. Goliath had coordinated with our power company to have their technician on site at the same time to install the new meter. In addition our old outdated power box needed new wiring and fuses and this was all done at the same time as part of the quoted price.
At the end of the job we were shown how to use the smart phone app to track our solar power production, usage and exports back to the grid. Soon after installation Tom followed up with phone calls and emailed a detailed report of the work done, warranty details, photos of the roof top panels (which we cant see from the ground) and even advice of the best pricing deals available through our power company.

We are already impressed by the amount of power our 7.7kW system produces and even on cloudy June days we are usually self sufficient and exporting back to the grid.
We have been very impressed with Goliath Solar & Electrical and are very happy to recommend them to others seeking excellent service, professional friendly staff and very competitive pricing.

Original Review on 02-10-2020:

Very happy.

Sales person was great. Very informative and interested in what we wanted. Installation was done on time and the guys worked hard all day with hardly a break. Clean and neat install. Only complaint was the size of the holes thru the brickwork going from the first story to the second story in the roof space but some expanding foam fixed that easily to keep mice and bugs out. System works brilliantly and everything was set up for us and explained how to use the app. Excellent company. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kevin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 1 year everything is still very good. We are in credit with the electricity provider (AGL) and all is running good. We are getting into winter and the performance has dropped somewhat but that is to be expected. Hopefully the credit we have earned through the summer months will carry us through winter. No warranty issues or problems so far so we are very happy at this time.

Great company to deal with

Very impressive company, from the first interaction with Dan regarding pricing and product details, right through to the professional and efficient installation of the solar system. Dan was great to deal with - his vast knowledge of the products and their benefits along with his friendly and helpful nature was invaluable in selecting the most suitable solar system for my needs. Goliath offered top quality panels and inverters at very competitive prices, which when combined with the excellent customer service and the seamless installation process, makes Goliath a great choice when deciding on which solar company to choose.

Good experience

It’s early days yet as far as the units performance is concerned but to date the whole process has been a pleasant experience
From the initial contact with Daniel in sales who led me through the start of the quoting process answering all my questions on the technical aspects of solar products, and was there from start to finish.
Although I had received cheaper quotes from other suppliers I made the decision to go with Goliath based on a verbal recommendation and the fact that they are electrical contractors with
knowledgeable employees like Daniel.
They organised the new meter installation with my retailer and as I have no internet in the property they made sure the meter could be controlled remotely.
The installation went smoothly with the crew arriving on time and completing the work in a timely manner and leaving the property in a clean condition. The lead installer took me through the control and monitoring of the system which gave me a good understanding of the system.

Great service from start to finish

Tom went above and beyond to ensure we had a system that met our needs now and into the future

Great

Great people to deal with from start to finish. Very professional and took the time to explain everything

Outstanding Service

After doing research on a few recommended Solar companies, I narrowed it down to two. Goliath Solar came out on top due to the outstanding service.

I had many questions as I had never had solar before and Ben answered them all and never tried to rush me off the phone. Took his time to explain. Every part of the service was great, if you are looking for a great product, professional advice and outstanding service with ongoing support then Goliath Solar is the company to book.

Just read their reviews, we did and will highly recommend whenever asked. Well done for taking some stress out of our house build, if only all the other contractors were the same experience!

Best of SA installers

Over the years I have had a number of solar installers and without exception Goliath is the best. So much so that I recommended them to my family (brother and mother) and they all had installations from them as well as a number of my friends. Tom made the process simple, seamless and transparent. The install happened when scheduled and was clean, complete and successful. I also received a couple of follow-up calls to confirm all is working correctly. In addition to the solar installation, I had a Tesla battery installed and the service was beyond expectations. Could not be happier and I am a fastidious customer.

Great experience

Simple and easy to understand. Competitive prices considering the quality of product.

Installers great and simple process once intallation completed.
Thanks guys for your work!

Good guys

Dealt with Ben from Goliath who was friendly, responsive and very detailed on the systems available.
Goliath were not the cheaper vendor amongst the vendors but they did provide excellent service the entire way through. After having the system for three months and seeing the output as per what was discussed I can say I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Great installation crew and follow up by the company.

The sales and quoting process was extremely quick from the time of contacting the company.
The installation crew was on time, very polite and cleaned up after completing the installation.
The company helped organise the grid connection and request a new digital meter.

Professional Installers - Great Experience

Dealing with Goliath was stress free from start to finish. From my initial phone call, there was none of the typical ‘sales pressure’ you sometimes get when asking for quotes. I’d even initially been looking at installing a battery, and Goliath explained why that probably wouldn’t make sense for my property just yet (we’re only a small household). They also accommodated multiple date changes and a change to a smaller system. Ben was always available to call in the lead up to our install, and was extremely relaxed and knowledgeable. On the day, the installers showed up on time, and I only needed to hang around for 15 minutes or so before going to work - I came home and the install was perfect, with all wiring to the inverter hidden (a bonus that I hadn’t thought of!) and the panels looking excellent. I can’t recommend Goliath enough - don’t look anywhere else.

Nothing was too hard for Goliath Solar

From the speed of the 3 optioned quote receipt from Ben at Goliath to installation all went well.
With some companies saying my in-house meter box presented a challenge with one dropping out because they wouldn't tackle the job I found Ben at Goliath positively confident that they working with SA Power Networks could handle the task.
Not only did they do this but coordinated it all to happen on one day - which was achieved.
The gang that came not only laid a 34 panel system but sprayed rust spots for me before they began. They cleaned up and took every piece of packaging away even though they could have used our bins.
A very competent confident company with nothing being too hard.

Simple and Professional

Quick quote, coordinated install direct with our builder, clean work, simplified the documentation and commissioning process

Very happy

Goliath was the 4th company I got a quote from. From the beginning I felt that Dan wanted my business. He and the men who did the installation were all friendly, efficient and competent. All my queries were addressed cheerfully. On the day of the installation they arrived at 7.30 and the system was running by 2.30. I especially appreciated that the changeover meter was arranged by them and included in the price and they are also advising me on dealing with electricity providers and I feel confident if there are any issues in the future with the system they will deal with them.

Quality project for a competetive price

Goliath staff were polite and informative at all stages from quoting through to liaising with our energy supplier and commissioning. Work was carried out neatly ,on budget and on time.

Fantastic team, expectations fully met

Goliath (Ben) came recommended from a friend of ours and they did not disappoint. I had already done my homework with several other companies and Ben confirmed the facts, stuck to the point and didn't over commit, under deliver.

The installation team were on time and punctual, communicated clearly and walked me through each of the steps and when power needed to be cut temporarily. And when the job was finished, the site was cleaned and I was walked through the App and next steps.

Haven't had to follow up with Customer Service yet, but Ben followed up with me once the job was complete when he said he would.

Outstanding service

Goliath Solar was excellent in following up my enquiry about installing solar panels. Tom was courteous, helpful and answered all my questions. Their website is a mine of information, with explanations in clear English and case studies. There was no sales pressure, and Tom came up with a solution that fitted my site and my budget. The installation was smooth and hassle free - the team was punctual, clean and courteous.

Connection was made easy, even going the extra mile in recommending a better energy plan for me, to ensure I optimise my savings! All aspects of my dealings with Goliath Solar were exemplary, and I heartily recommend them.

Easy to deal with and great install

The team at Goliath Solar were very prompt and professional with replies, Very helpful with selecting a properly sized system and honest with quotes.
Installation instructions were clear and noted what need to happen as the owner, and what maintenance requirements were post-install.
Provided several sources on how to select an energy provider and expected wait times.

Absolutely Outstanding Solar Company

Goliath Electrical were fantastic to deal with from start to finish.
Tom is a very knowledgeable sales consultant who has the ability to explain the solar solution in terms that makes it easy to understand.

He goes above and beyond with his after sales support to help the customer understand the rates, feed in tarrifs and potential savings.

the Installers on the day did a brilliant job to a very high standard. The quality of workmanship is second to none and i am very happy with job they did.

i would not hesitate in recommending this company for all your solar and electrical needss

Great service from start to finish

I highly recommend the team at Goliath, from the very beginning to the end they have been on point. If you are looking at installing solar make sure you get a quote from Goliath before signing up with anybody.

Phenomenal customer service, no fuss install.

Highly recommend to anyone wanting solar. They took the time to walk me through what system would work for me (where other places gave me quotes on different options but wouldn’t take the time to explain the differences and left me feeling lost.). Cannot recommend enough. Made the process so easy!

Over-all great experience

Sales and quoting process was excellent.
Installation was done with professional and quality trades people.
Customer service was excellent.

Fantastic installer

Quote was informative and set out our costings.
The installation was handled with precision, workers were polite and knew their job well.
We had arranged through Goliath to have our meter upgraded and this was done on time.
System is working well and we are getting plenty of credits on our electricity account.
Follow up by the company on how the system is operating was appreciated.

Exceeded my expectations

I was really happy with the service provided by both the sales consultant and the installation.team but I was especially happy with was the difference in my electricity bill. I expected my bills would be lower however, my first full bill after installation, I actually received a credit. This was over the summer period. I expect that over the winter period I might not get a credit but I'm now confident that my bill will definitely be lower.

Great service, price & product

I was recommended to this company by a friend and I’m glad I listened to him. The sales and quoting process with Daniel was extremely professional, friendly and offered an abundance of information about the product, process and likely outcome. The price was far better than I imagined and they worked with me as to the best time for installation. The electrician and installers were prompt on the day and were straight into it. I had many other renovations that day with tradies everywhere. The Solar guys knew exactly what they were doing and worked around things beautifully without any disruption and finished the job in a timely manner. No damage to my new colorbond roof and the panels look sturdy. I was shown on the day what app I could use to monitor the solar and explained what everything meant on the app. I then received a follow up call by Daniel from Administration who fully explained all I needed to know and even sent through an email with further detail about tariffs and providers. Could not be more happy with the entire process and the product. Thoroughly recommended.

A fabulous company to deal with.

Not knowing a great deal about solar but having done some research, Goliath discussed several options with me.
At no time was I pressured into buying anything.

Once the decision was made to contract Goliath for my installation, I was kept informed of how it would all come together.

A follow up call was made just prior to the installation date checking that the chosen date was still acceptable or do I require rescheduling.

On the morning of the installation, one of the technicians again explained the process to me, checking where I would like the inverter installed, showing me where cables needed to be run etc and offered to answer any questions I may have.

During the installation I was given plenty of notice when power needed to be disconnected.

Post installation, I was given a walk through of the system and again asked if I had any questions.
The site too was left clean and tidy as you would expect. All rubbish was removed.

The next day I received a follow up phone call asking if I was happy with the crew, had any questions or concerns. I did not.
A detailed email was also received with valuable information regarding the system as well as information regarding energy tarrifs from various companies.

From start to finish I couldn't be happier with either the system itself or the staff I have come into contact with. All very professional.

I would most certainly use Goliath again and have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for a quality solar system.

Impressed with end-to-end experience.

Ok so many months on now and I’m still very impressed. The sales/quote process was very professional. I reached out, they answered all my questions, then left me alone to digest the information. From the start it was clear they really understood their products. The installation process was equally a professional experience with no surprises. My solar consultant guided me through the interaction with my energy provider including guiding me through completing the forms, this was made a simple process. Post sales support has exceeded my expectations, with my original sales consultant readily contactable even months later. In short, if you are still thinking about installing solar, I confidently recommend Goliath Solar, you won’t regret it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Solar

The installation was done efficiently & follow up service was great.

After Sales Service Second to None

From quote through to after sales service, the team at Goliath were, and continue to be, excellent; respectful, patient and professional, they took the time to explain all our options and have continued to address any questions we have had long after the system was installed.

Fantastic service and quality of work

We have just had a 7.8kw solar system installed by Goliath Solar and Electrical. From my first phone call with Daniel he has been exceptionally helpful and providing all the advice, guidance and answering any questions I may have had. After reading the Solarquotes guide that Daniel had sent me, I also had three quotes sent to me through Solarquotes. Goliath's price was better than all three and the inverter and panels were of a higher quantity based on Solarquotes recommendations. The Goliath team that came out to install the system were great and explained everything to me. The workmanship was fantastic. I could not have been more impressed. I would higher reccomend anyone who is contemplating installing a solar system to contact Goliath. You will not be disappointed.

Very, Very Professional Outfit

We spoke with Tom Morgan and discussed with him the what is involved to install a solar system. We explained our situation in how much and how we use our electricity and that we wanted to be able to export as much power as we could.

Tom explained the whole process from woe to go to us, so that we had all the information we needed to decide to the size system best suited us. In particular with the current electrical network guidelines when power would and wouldn't be fed back into the grid and that on single phase we could feed back up to 5.0 kW. We ended up choosing a 13.32 kW system.
After signing up with them, Goliath organised for the installation of our new solar meter and the times quoted for change-over proved to be spot on. We didn't have to do anything. They also made us aware of the best offer for solar feed-in tariffs on the market.

They also provided us with an installation date. They ended up calling and offered to do the installation earlier but we weren't ready. They then meet their original date. The installation team were polite and did a great job. They replaced any cracked tiles as they found them and left the place in a very tidy state.

After the solar system was commissioned, Tom advised us to wait 2-3 weeks before contacting the new supplier they recommended to allow the paper work to go through our existing supplier for the solar meter.
On contacting the new supplier, the whole change over went to plan.
In summary the whole installation from initial contact, through installation to change to new supplier, was hassle free and our summary of Goliath is a very, very professional outfit.

Great experience from start to install

Great communication by sales staff, I was walked through everything clearly. Installers were punctual, professional and tidy.

I had a pay as you go meter (which I wasn't using) and Goliath was proactive in trying to make sure this device wasn't going to be a problem when my meter was changed over.

I also needed to have my antenna moved to make room for panels and Goliath is partnered with another antenna company come out to move it... Happened pretty quickly.

Great value and very helpful

Ben gave me a great deal for the solar PV system. He was very hands on, responsive, and informative. Very easy to deal with and always just a phone call away. Installation was prompt and set up was easily explained. Would highly recommend.

Gio

FABULOUS service, supply and support!

We found Golaith through a WOM recommendation and they did not disappoint. Their quote was fair and open, honest and their service and support throughout out installation and after has been magnificent.
We were able to come to a decision about a system that would suit our use of energy at home and our budget and were pleasantly surprised when they were able to schedule and work around a renovation at the same time.
The installers were tidy, prompt and had excellent communication skills.
We would not hesitate to recommend them to family and friends.

Fantastic installer! Excellent customer service!

We could not be happier with our service from Goliath. Their quote was the most competitive and Tom's attention to detail in the quoting process made sure we understood all our options and all the pricing. Ben and the team who did the installation were punctual, friendly, tidy and did an excellent job. It was also great that they did all the communication with our energy retailer so we didn't have any of that bother. After the installation Tom gave us a call and explained everything about using our new system and made sure we knew to call him if we have any further questions. We highly recommend Goliath!

Seamless Install! Great company for a New Solar System!

Nothing bad to say about Goliath Solar. From start to finish everything went perfect and very happy with the service.
Recommend these guys if your in the market for a new solar system!

Had a phone call the next day after inquiring for a quote for a new build, they provided plenty of information about the solar systems and what size I was after and had the quote that night.

Customer service was also great, received a phone call the next day after our new solar system was installed to see how everything is going & offered some information regarding the tracking app, electricity retailer deals, warranty etc.

Thanks again Goliath!

Great installer

Great customer service, including pre and post installation. Punctual and tidy and made the whole process stress free.

Great system, great service

We've now had our solar system for just under 4 months and it has exceeded our expectations.

Dealing with Goliath Solar was very easy.
No pushy salespeople and very clear advice - all of which (so far) has been correct
I would have no hesitation in recommending in recommending them.

Great to work with, very happy customer

The word-of-mouth recommendations I received were completely valid. Ben is professional and both before and after the install has been available to answer any questions about the system and how it's working.
There was a hiccup or two, which is bound to happen when removing old panels and installing a heap more, but these were rectified quickly and efficiently by the team, and we are very happy with our new system.

Quality install

Sales and quoting process was a good experience along with the rest of the service.

Very happy overall

Excellent service

The quoting process was informative and detailed. The installation team was a pleasure to deal with and explained what they were doing and made sure we were happy with all aspects of the installation.
The customer service has been excellent and we would highly recommend Goliath to anyone considering a solar system.
Many thanks to Ben Gordon as nothing has been too much trouble throughout the process.

Great install all around

Goliath were great from the start, providing information, answering the questions I had, and providing quotes for a variety of system sizes and options for our house.
Installation was done quickly, without issue, and it was up and running well within the allotted time.

Goliath kept us informed about the process all the way through, and have followed up to make sure we are happy with the system, and to answer any further questions we may have had.

We're very happy with it all, and would definitely recommend Goliath Solar.

Very good high standard work

From when I first went in to Goliath Solar & Electrical show room Ben took the time to explain everything and answer or my questions. On the day of the installation or the installers were very tidy on time as advised and explained what they were going to do and how and where going to install the system. Everything was done as explained and discussed with no surprises. They assist me to set up on the grid and explained how the web site works. They were all very professional and would recommended them.

Excellent service

Tom Morgan was very responsive and clear during the quoting process, and answered all of our (extensive) questions.
The installation team were very polite, tidy and punctual.
Customer service is really where Goliath (and Tom Morgan) in particular shines - he was extremely helpful in assisting with grid connection and issues with my electricity provider.

Q Cell Solar System Installation

After many different quotes from different solar system company, Daniel from Goliath Electrical was the one we chosen! Daniel answer all our questions in a very experiences manners and fellowed up starting from the beginning of the quote to after installation our solar system! Daniel orgainised the grid connection after the installation and organised SA Power to fix our high votage! 4 OF GOLIATH ELECTRICIANS were punctuation, polite , experiences and very tidy for our installation process! We are so happy with the whole process with Goliath Electrical!
We definitely recommended Goliate Electrical! They are local bussiness, own employed electricians as well as one of the owner is the electrician! Thank you for everything Daniel and Goliath Electricians!

Would Highly recommend

The quoting process was excellent and the information supplied with the quote was both helpful and very informative. What I found most impressive was the knowledge that the staff had of solar systems. They were able to answer all the questions in detail and support their answers with facts and figures, not just sales talk and hype that seems so typical these days.

The installation very went well. I had no issues, the installation was complete in a day and the installers were polite and left the site clean and tidy. Couldn't really ask for more.

Follow-up after the installation has also been impeccable. My queries have all been addressed and resolved in a timely and professional manner.

WELL DONE! I'm certainly happy that I chose Goliath.