Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 287749 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 244200 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,800 - $8,250 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Excellent customer service

Excellent service, always updating you with a call and follow up email. Tom was always preempting my questions. Excellent service. Second time I have installed a system with Tom and I would do it again. Show additional information

Can't fault them!

Everything was made easy from the first step. They were quick, efficient and friendly. They made it an easy and enjoyable process from start to finish. I recommend them 100%. Show additional information

Great service, great system!

Goliath have supplied and installed solar systems for several of our family members, so they were the natural choice for us too. Due to our property being part of a Strata corp, the process of getting approval took some time. However, thanks to the excellent customer service provided by Tom Morgan, we had no issues once the approval came through. Tom was extremely helpful with organising our meter change and he was happy to help us organise the installation at a time that suited us.

When the crew arrived to do the installation they were on time, friendly, helpful and tidied up all the mess. We have a terracotta tile roof, which posed some difficulties, but they were more than up to the task and got the install done very quickly.

Overall, we're very satisfied with the service from Goliath and cannot recommend them highly enough

Fantastic company

Excellent experience from start to finish. No pushy salesman tactics, great company to deal with. Very happy with system installed. Show additional information

Goliath Solar Installation

Another 5x STARS for Tom and the Team at Goliath.

Tom let me ease my way into a 9.1kwh solar system over a 3-4month process before fully jumping in, inc getting my meter changed and answering heaps of questions before even signing. The systems expectations have been set right from the get-go.

I found everything was answered truthfully and respectfully, which is all anyone wants from a company.
The install guys were great as well, on-time and courteous.

Special mention to the SOLAR QUOTES website - an oasis in a sea of innuendo and definitely helped me take the leap.

Can highly recommend GOLIATH SOLAR along with the army of other happy customers.

Great Looking Solar System

Just installed today. Have to ask a few questions tomorrow. Installation and clean up great Show additional information

Quick easy and professional

The whole process was very quick and easy right from the first conversation with the consultant (Ben). He listened to my needs, explained at the level I needed and then quoted a couple of system options.
A site survey was completed to check all the details and we agreed on the final solution and price.
On the installation day, the team of 4 turned up on time and worked in a quick and polite manner. Due to heavy rain the install wasn't completed till the following day but I was kept informed throughout. Once completed I was shown the system and the guys left (leaving everything tidy.
Ben followed up with some after sales care and I have confidence that they will be there should I need them in the future.
I really cannot fault Goliath at all.

Solar supplier

Excellent service along every step of the process, from quote to install and follow up. Show additional information

Great customer service from start to finish!!

From the moment we first got in contact with Daniel, he was very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of information about solar installation. Having very little knowledge on solar energy, we felt confident that we would be taken cared of at Goliath Solar and indeed we were. Daniel was very easy to talk to and was always available to answer our questions. Site inspection and installation-wise, guys were very punctual and professional. No issues whatsoever. These guys don’t joke around and their service is great! For their price, it’s really worth it! Extremely happy is an understatement. Would definitely recommend Goliath Solar! Show additional information

Great all rounder

I highly recommend going with Goliath. After ringing multiple companies which couldn’t answer my questions accurately, I got in contact with Daniel at Goliath. He was very informed and answered any questions I had in a language that anyone with little experience in solar could understand. The installation boys on the day were very polite and didn’t mess around. Any minor hiccups were quickly addressed and sorted out on the same day.
Thanks team you made it very easy and stress free.

Overwhelmed couldn't be happier

After receiving several quotes, we were so happy to eventually come across Goliath who made the whole process from start to finish swift, streamlined, professional and informed every step of the way. By far it's been the easiest home improvement we have ever undertaken. The quoting process was clear and concise and the team at Goliath had amazing patience with us fielding many enquiries as our knowledge base of solar was somewhat limited. From the moment we made the decision to proceed, everything fell into place so quickly it was quite incredible. A big factor in our decision making process was that Goliath employ every team member from sales to installation and after sales service, by comparison to other companies who outsource/sub contract the installation teams. The planned installation was so easy and the team were just fantastic. They consulted with us on every detail especially on the layout of the panels. We were a bit concerned about the appearance of the panels on our roof space as the majority of these had to be configured on the front of our house to maximise power generation. In addition we do have issues with surrounding trees and the teams recommendations to optimise power generation and appearance were spot on. We're now 17 days since installation, and despite the dreadful weather we've experienced, and with very few days of sunshine, we have generated 317 kWh and exported 237kWh to the grid. Self consumption 79.77kWh. can't wait for some better weather !! Wish we had done this a long time ago but in fairness, we found the previous quotes varied so much it was confusing. Cannot recommend Goliath highly enough for their expertise and customer service. Show additional information

Good service from recommended company

Ben and the team from Goliath were great in replacing our old solar system with a new upgraded system. Kept us well informed every step of the way and even got the install brought forward when COVID-19 foiled some training they had planned.
All interactions with team members have been great and the quality of the installation is first rate.
Their approach to customer service is exemplary and the advice and information provided is invaluable.
Goliath have a pretty good reputation and it is easy to see why. Have no hesitation in recommending them as a solar installer.

Fantastic service and support all the way recommend Goliath to anyone.

Service installation and support all excellent. Ben made it easy and I would Recommend Goliath to everyone. Show additional information

Excellent Company to deal with

Prompt follow up to initial enquiry, very clear and easy to understand. Any queries were addressed satisfactorily.
Installers arrived as per scheduled time, explained what they would be doing, and were very polite and pleasant to deal with. There was excellent communication with Sam - he was very helpful with the app set-up..

Goliath a top choice

We were impressed with Goliath from our first dealings with its representative Tom Morgan through to a trouble-free installation of LG solar panels by a team led by Chris. Everything was explained clearly, the system (with Fronius inverter) works brilliantly and Goliath has always been there for any follow up questions on solar.
After more than a year of great solar experience and mainly credits on our electricity bills, we were very happy to use Goliath to add a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery to our household system.
Again, Tom and the Goliath team made the experience trouble-free and clearly communicated every step. Chris and his guys did the installation in a one-day job and solved tricky issues, such as running the wiring, in clever ways that left us with a very tidy install.
We will be watching how Tesla and Energy Locals manage our battery as part of a VPP, and hope the battery will help both our energy-use management and support the wider community.

Old fashioned service!

We have postponed installing a solar system because we didn't want all the complications involved with getting anything done now days, however based on a recommendation from a neighbour we contacted Goliath Solar and Electrical and from the first phone call it was clear the there are still some companies who value their customers. From that first phone call everything was as should be from emails, site visits, phone calls, organising of meter upgrade, organising all the required paperwork and in our case organising required scaffolding and finally the instal which was carried out by their own staff who were polite very thorough and respectful of our property. And they cleaned up after themselves !!! Fantastic experience all round and to top it off a great solar system ! Show additional information

Highly recommended.

Perfect service from beginning to end. Courteous and knowledgable, would recommend as one of the best service providers and tradesmen I have dealt with. Thanks to Daniel and the team! Show additional information

Seamless process from start to finish

From the moment I obtained the recommendations from SolarQuotes, Goliath has been a pleasure to deal with. Daniel was my main point of contact, and he had a great customer service approach. He showed a willingness to listen to my needs, but was also able to provide objective and non-biased advice. He did not come across as "pushy" in the sales process. He provided relevant and thorough information documentation that assisted me in my decision making process.

Once I decided to go with Goliath as my solar panel provider/installer, Daniel once again was able to guide me clearly in the next steps going forward. The site inspection was organized promptly. The technician who conducted the site inspection was punctual, friendly and was able to provide good guidance in the decision where to locate the inverter.

The installation also went smoothly. Goliath was able to book in the install time to align with the proposed meter change. They were also punctual and respectful of the property during the install as we were not home at the time. After the install, they left the property in a clean and tidy state.

Post-installation follow up was very helpful, and Daniel was able to clearly articulate the steps to inform my energy provider of the newly installed solar power system, and to ensure that the feed-in tariff was being applied to the subsequent billing. We also feel confident that Goliath will continue to support us as much as they can in getting the most of our solar power system as we need it.

Overall, the whole experience with Goliath has been excellent from start to finish. We can see why they are one of the highly rated providers at SolarQuotes.

Very Professional

The sales rep was extremely helpful, clearly explained everything and everything was done over the phone.
The site inspection was a breeze all my concerns were discussed and my mind put at ease (I don't have the nicest roof).

The installation crew were on time, polite, cleaned up and the install looks great.

So far, the customer service has been excellent, I can't fault the guys.

Happy Customer

We got a few quotes but felt the most confident going with Goliath Solar and found they had competitive pricing for a quality product.
We dealt with Ben who was very helpful and not at all pushy and easy to contact with swift response. The whole process was easy and hassle free and only took around 2 weeks from decision to go ahead to install. We weren't even asked to pay a deposit! The installers were prompt and polite too. Would not hesitate to recommend for anyone wanting Solar.

Fantastic professional solar installation

Fantastic from start to finish
No pushy sales techniques
Respectful
On time
Just brilliant

Outstanding customer service

From start to finish the team at Goliath were extremely helpful and professional. Every step of the process was explained to me in a clear and concise way and the installation team on the day were very proficient and polite. Overall, the team at Goliath were excellent and would highly recommend them. Show additional information

The best quality / value solar installer in SA

Look, there are cheaper solar systems out there but it pays to do your research. Tom Morgan was informative and honest from the get go. Yes, you can get a cheaper inverter, but you will be replacing it before the 10 years are up; yes get cheaper Chinese panels, but their efficiency is less and they drop off in performance quicker than the European ones. So we got a BIG system - a 10kw inverter wiht oversized panels of 13,5kw - why? apart from the 2 hours around midday when you will be spilling power, the extra panels mean you are making 10kw from about 10.30am till 4pm on a sunny summers day - in fact some sunny days we export 80-100kw (or another way, get paid $16-$20 every day ). The performance of the system is stunning - take this cloudy rainy adelaide sunday today when we were all in - even on a dull morning we were making 2.1kw and using only 1 kw. My power bill with origin is currently $800 in credit after 3 months of use. So spend the extra couple of grand - it'l pay back real quick and the system is warranted for 25 years (not your usual 10).

We added a Tesla battery last week - the latest version 2 - i think we are one of the first in the state to have this new model - look, the payback is marginal, and Tom was upfront on that (in fact he said there were slightly more reasons not to do it!), but with a $6k grant from SA gov (thankyou!) and the fact that we have future proofed ourselves for the next 10 years against rocketing power prices - and the fact that I wanted to save some of that lovely solar power we generate - we are happy. The battery will charge in a couple of hours in the morning and come evening, we get that power back for free - the tesla app is superb too - it tells you instantly what the house is demanding and how that demand is being met from roof solar, battery or grid - and you feel great when the arrows point the other way and your roof fills up the battery then starts selling the extra back to origin energy.

Tom and his team stuck with us through the whole process - the aftersales care has been superb - the install is very neat and the only real problem we had was the tesla registration process - which Tom sorted. So recommended - if you want honest, no nonsense advice, and great aftersales care - choose Goliath.

Goliath were prompt, professional, helpful.

We found Goliath via Solar quotes & they were really helpful in terms of providing several quotes for alternative systems. The installation was smooth & prompt, and trouble free. Their price was very competitive for our 6.6 kW system. A top local company. Show additional information

Great ongoing customer service

After 3 quotes we went with Goliath Solar due to their knowledge and longevity in the industry, and their great customer service. We had a minor issue during the process, that was quickly resolved and are very pleased with the overall experience. Show additional information

Excellent Service & Installation.

Goliath were great. They gave me all the information i needed to make a decision and were very helpful throughout.
The installation went very well. They arrived on time and were all lovely blokes.
Everything ran like clock work and i'd recommend them to anyone.

Amazing service

Extremely helpful thru out the entire process ..even installed a little earlier than expected, well mannered, polite, punctual, always ready to answer any questions, would highly recommend to any and all.
Sue W

Outstanding and Trusted company.

Daniel communicated with me using a pleasant manner, explaining the process thoroughly. He was respectful and was always willing to answer questions I had regarding the process. He was very knowledgeable and communicated both by phone and email explaining in great detail about the various systems, and costings. The quote was clearly understood, as Daniel explained all the elements required for installation prior to the quote.

The installation process went well. The installers arrived punctually and worked studiously to complete the job early than the quoted time. They were polite and provided feedback about the installation both during the day and at completion of the installation. They also assisted with the grid connection.

I would highly recommend Goliath Electrical and Solar company to my family and friends as they are professional, trustworthy and very approachable at all stages of the process.

Excellent service

I was so pleased with the friendly but professional service I received from all of Goliath staff. Ben who I spoke with often regarding the sale, the electrician who came to check everything could be installed and Tom on the day of installation. The company spoke with our electricity provider and arranged for our smart meter to be installed. Tom set up the internet connection to monitor our invertor. The crew who came to install were punctual and mindful of our neighbors as we live in close proximity. The neighbors were impressed by the installers also. Pleased to have a follow call by Ben to ask if all was going ok.
Very happy client.

Thankyou to all the staff at Goliath Electrical I recommend to anyone thinking of adding solar to give them a call.

Stress free process

Ben was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable with the sale and quotation process. There was no hard sell. All requests for information were responded to in writing. The quotation was within the usual range for a system of my size. Scaffolding was required by Goliath for my property as it is a two storey dwelling. This incurred an additional cost to the provider of the scaffolding. Other installers did not see this as a requirement for my property. Notwithstanding this, I decided to opt for Goliath and incur the additional scaffolding fee as there was less hard sell and no deposit required. Ben's willingness to respond to all my queries with courtesy and respect helped me to decide that Goliath was the best installer for me. I also liked that all contractors for the installation process were in-house employees of Goliath.
The installation team was punctual and tidy.
I expect to follow up shortly with Ben regarding the installation of a battery. I would recommend this business.

Great installer with fantastic customer service

Fantastic service all round. Whole process took only 2 weeks, from initial phone call to final installation.

Tom explained the process, options, benefits and cost really well. Always followed up and called us at the time he said he would.

He contacted our electricity supplier and SA Power Networks on our behalf and has provided options for the best energy deal for us.

Installers were very professional, friendly and helpful. After installation we had a problem with our internet (not related to the solar installation at all) and were uunable to access our online solar monitor. One of their electricians came first thing the following morning and fixed the problem. All at no extra cost.

Can't recommend highly enough.

Second system, same great service

Called up Tom recently and asked a few questions relating to our current system and possible upgrades. With the straight talking Tom fielding all the answers and supplying great info it was decided to upgrade our panel configuration to a larger system.

we confirmed details of the install and had it done with in a week! Fast and great service once again from Tom and the fellas at Goliath!

Fabulous customer service, great product, and good price

We were recommended to Goliath, so researched their reviews online, and we weren't disappointed. Very professional customer service and communication from the very beginning - from the initial enquiry to installation today, it has been a very positive experience. Ben was our sales rep, he was very knowledgable, happy to answer all our questions, and helped us to feel confident we were making the right choice of system and supplier. Prior to installation, Goliath sent their electrician to do a site visit, which gave us peace of mind and was important to us. Our installation team (Sam, Jordan and Chris) were excellent too, hardworking, efficient and friendly.

We would definitely recommend Goliath - very happy!

Excellent job, very happy with my install

A friend of mine recommended Goliath Electrical to me when I first started reviewing solar installers. Web reviews also convinced me to add Goliath to my list to obtain a quote from. Although not the cheapest quote I decided to get Goliath to do the work because, all my questions were answered openly and honestly, the way they said they were going to carry out the work seemed safer, they discussed various options with me and the listed products had my required warranty. The quote process was straightforward and the electrician arrived promptly to review and confirm the finer details for the job. Goliath arranged for my smart meter to be installed. The install team called to checkout the site and confirm details of the install directly with me. The team arrived promptly on the day and the installation was carried out without a hassle. I was shown how the system operated and how to use the software application, the site was left clean and tidy. I received a call the following day confirming the work had been done to my satisfaction. Follow up emails have advised me of current suppliers deals including solar feed in tariffs and what to look for when looking at the various deals. All staff have excellent communication skills and have advised me fully throughout the whole process. I would have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Electrical. Show additional information

Goliath . . Highly Recommended

From the initial inquiry through to post installation, the customer service and information provided on the products and process has been first class. Very helpful and exceptionally responsive to queries, emails and calls.
Install team were top notch . . . efficient, friendly and informative. Great value for money experience. Highly recommended.
Thank you to Tom and the team.

A pleasure to deal with

I am a very fussy homeowner and delayed the purchase of solar panels until I could find an installer that I would be confident would do a good neat job. Goliath Solar and Electrical were recommended to me by an electrician I know and I could not be happier with the result.

From getting recommendations on what to install and obtaining a quote for the work, I have found Goliath to be very easy to deal with. Their communication has been excellent and they have turned up when expected and on time.

I wanted a particularly neat installation and the installers went out of their way to deliver a result that exceeded my expectations. They were polite and tidy and persisted with the installation despite some pretty wet and windy weather.

All in all I cannot fault their service.

Goliath

Sales/quoting process attention to detail was as good as I have ever experienced
Nothing has been too much trouble for Tom and he knows his stuff and is patient and hard working.
He’s carving out a great business.
Installation went without a hitch
Good lads led by Chris
Very good all round
As a builder I know the difference between a good operator and not so good and from go to wo I was dealing with a professional outfit
Very happy to recommend
Thanks
Kind Regards
Brendan Maguire

Great experience for start to finish

Form the first contact through to instillation was an excellent experience. Their Customer Service was second to none and the insulation crew were quick, tidy, informative and friendly.
I highly recommend Goliath Solar.

Great and reliable service

Great service. Always helpful and knowledgeable team. They’ve provided very competitive price for the system. Show additional information

Goliath solar system

These guys are fantastic to deal with. This is the second time we have brough a solar system off them and we will not hesitate to use them again. Everything from sales/quotes, installation, connection to grid was fast and efficient. Follow up procedure after install and recommendations to which energy retailer to use was a welcomed service.
These guys are full of knowledge and know what they are talking about.

Could not be happier ! Highly recommended

Goliath Solar & Electrical were a pleasure to deal with.
All aspects of our installation went smoothly.

Ben provided the initial sales quote for the system in a timely fashion. It was clear that he had extensive knowledge of the solar power business which was extremely helpful in fielding whatever questions I posed. Ben was my contact point for the entire process and it was great to deal with someone who communicated the process status effectively.

The installation team arrived on time, communicated the installation procedures and everything went very smoothly.
They were polite, tidy and made sure they provided me with operating instructions for the system. They were very efficient and completed the installation way ahead of the daily schedule.

In summary, we are very happy with the installation. Great job Goliath. Happy to Highly Recommend them !

Fantastic value for money

Customer service was exceptional, had great advice for what would work best for our house, and were very flexible with when they could install. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting solar panels. Show additional information

Great service - Highly recommended

The process from start to finish was stress free and was an easy decision to proceed with Goliath for our solar installation. Sam, Tom and Dave did the installation process, all were great guys, polite, efficient and left the site clean and tidy. Before leaving we were shown how the system works and how was can easily track our energy in and out on the phone app.

We believe the system is great value for money and would highly recommend using Goliath as their customer service is outstanding.

Excellent Service

The sales and quoting process provided by Goliath Solar and Electrical was efficient and detailed. Tom Morgan was very professional and responded efficiently to telephone calls. The installation was carried out exactly as was advised. Also, the crew appeared well trained and efficient. The follow-up customer service was very good providing extensive information and answering all our questions. Thank you. Show additional information

I couldn't fault Goliath on any aspect

From the first contact with Ben from Goliath my experience has been good. I was given explanations in plain English from Ben which I very much appreciated. The information I was sent was comprehensive and helpful. I particularly appreciated the Project Timeline which I could use as a checklist and the whole process has gone to the timeframe outlined.

Installation was painless for me. The three member team led by Tom turned up on time and completed the work in the time they predicted. Tom helped me to get set up with internet monitoring and showed me the meter switch before they left. The three installers were well presented, well mannered and efficient and when they left there was no evidence of their having been there, except for the panels on my roof and the inverter on my wall.

So much was organised by Goliath that it has been a very easy process for me. The follow up has been excellent and I have already recommended Goliath to friends who are considering solar.

Excellent

Great job from start to finish, I talked to a lot of solar companies in Adelaide before going with Goliath, I went with them because from the start Ben knew what he was talking about, and the installation went smoothly installing a 13kwh system in one day with no hassle. I Couldn’t recommend these guys highly enough. Show additional information

Hassle free

From the start Goliath Solar were easy to deal with, down to earth and explained everything we needed to know.
Follow up questions and phone calls weren't a hassle and we were kept informed every step of the way.

Install day was a breeze with the team turning up on time and worked efficiently across the day. They explained everything before they left and we felt confident that we had definitely made the right choice with picking Goliath.

I will be recommending them to family and friends.

The only regret about the whole thing is we didn't install solar with Goliath sooner!

Great customer service

Can't fault Tom at Goliath Solar, very easy to deal with and good communication. Install went smoothly, was done on the day we agreed on. Their customer service is excellent and from start to finish there weren't any issues. I would highly recommend them. Show additional information

Fantastic service

My experience with Goliath has been awesome. They have kept me up to date with any information and been more than happy to answer any questions.

Chris and his installation crew were here on time and got on with the job. As instillation was during the COVID-19 period, there were so many more requirements needed ie self-distancing etc, but they handled it all extremely well and were very professional. They also cleaned up after themselves thoroughly.

Daniels run through of the system and how to read the graphs etc was terrific and easy to follow. His power company recommendations and his research was also very accurate and appreciated.

Congratulations to you all for a great job.

Top solar installer

We couldn't be more satisfied with the fantastic service we have had from start to finish. The install was done at short notice ( a big thank you for that) and the service from which solar system to have to installation was excellent also the after sales service has been well handled and prompt i cannot fault this company and a shout out to Tom who was our contact and has been excellent. i would recommend Goliath electrical to anyone well done!!!! Show additional information