Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 287749 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 244200 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,800 - $8,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

High quality work and great to deal with!

Was recommended Goliath by a neighbour and from the get go they were extremely helpful and professional, they sorted getting out meter changed all the way through to giving us ideas about the best value electricity plans. Getting a quote was extremely quick and on the day of install the guys were puctual and professional and made the whole install an easy process. Can not recommend enough! Show additional information

Very happy with the installation

General customer service from beginning to end was very professional. Highly responsive to all queries. Installation was punctual, very tidy and polite. Would easily recommend Goliath to others. Show additional information

Installers were on time and finished ahead of schedule. They were friendly and explained everything to me. They also installed the inverter in my garage as opposed to next to the meter box.
The office (Daniel) was always approachable and kept me in the loop.

Overall, I can recommend these guys.

Excellent work. Fantastic customer service.

I Would highly recommend Ben at Goliath for his excellent customer service and the installation team for the highest quality work.
Very pleased with the whole process.
All providers offered very similar systems for similar pricing. Show additional information

Great system, great team.

Everything went smoothly!
Goliath Solar were quick to get in touch as soon as I requested a quote. We spent about 20 minutes of the phone discussing solar and what sort of system would be appropriate.
The site visit was booked in quickly, and the Electrician was very knowledgable.
The installation was booked in soon after. The team that turned up were punctual, pleasant and were very efficient at getting the job done.

From start to finish, the entire team - from the people in the office ensuring all the background admin work in carried out correctly, to the Technicians carrying out the installation work - Goliath Solar were professional and courteous.

I cannot recommend Goliath Solar highly enough.

Fantastic install, Tidy and Great Customer service

Fantastic experience from start to finish. Ben was great and truthful in selling the system and very competitive in the price. The site visit was quick and easy and very informative and listened to exactly what we wanted and was giving us options to best suit our home. The installers, the most important part where fantastic, 3 people who where friendly, kind and knowledgeable and explained everything, biggest part was they where tidy. They left everything exactly how it was and there wasnt an ounce of mess at all, overall very happy with the experience from start to finish. Show additional information

High level communication and great installers

Tom and the team at Goliath Solar we’re very accommodating and simple to deal with. There’s no sales pitch just honest feedback on what will work best for your situation. Show additional information

Goliath Solar and Electrical - a great experience in customer service and solar installation

Goliath Solar and Electrical were recommended by friends, who recently had gone through the whole process of solar installation. My initial enquiry via email was promptly replied to via email, followed by a phone conversation by the sales person. He explained the set up of the company, and offered 3 quotes based on the budget of the different panels available, including information on the panels, inverter and product warranty.
After some researching into the various quotes provided by six different installers (including 3 from solarQuotes, our electric supplier, and a local installer and manufacturer), we decided to go with Goliath.
The whole process was easy, from the initial quoting, acceptance and installation. Questions were promptly answered via text or email. The installation (7 Nov 2019) went without mishap. The 3 installers from the company, were punctual, polite and efficient in the installation. Having an 1980's house, I was told a few tiles could be (and were) broken, so was advised to buy some second hand ones (10), which I did from a supplier in Lonsdale. I was very pleased that the installers tidied up afterwards, and took away everything including the broken tiles. The electrician explained how to operate the inverter, monitor production and usage using the Fronius smart meter (bought at an extra cost) - via the internet (to which we had to register).
Goliath helped to organise the installation of a new meter, advising how long everything would take, grid connection and feed-in tariff we could get from our supplier. The new meter will be installed next week, and then we can start to use our solar and generate electricity.

Fantastic Customer Service

Found Ben @ Goliath to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable, he gave me various options when quoting & was happy to discuss these.
Goliath prewired our house during the build to minimise any potential issues & although our build time dragged on they never seemed pushy,
Would happily recommend them to anyone.

New to solar

everything was easy didn't know a thing about solar at start, spent hours researching, few ph calls, had 10 quotes different companies, asked mega questions was happiest with Goliath. Show additional information

Customer Service and Delivery

Sales and quotation supply process was excellent. Support service prior to installation was excellent. Access to overview of house provided Goliath with the ability to quote on the most appropriate solar unit for installation.
Installation technicians arrived on-time and provided excellent service. Cleaning up after installation was completed to a very good standard.
Goliath's submission of the appropriate paperwork to my energy provider made it easier for me to arrange the solar meter changeover.

Gold standard!

We went with Goliath on a strong recommendation.... and now I understand why. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, from quotes, pre-install and then installation. Really professional all round....I have already recommended them to friends... Show additional information

Great Installation. Very Happy

Very pleased with the whole process. The installers were quite consultative and cleaned up nicely afterwards. Show additional information

Fantastic company, quality service and product.

sales and quoting process was first class nothing was to hard and explained all options. Install was done with no fuss and finished within 6 hours. Tom followed up after install like he said he would and has always taken my calls for any questions I had in the lead up. They were honest and truthful the whole way through. Show additional information

Definitely recommend

Very smooth quoting and follow up, great advice, very trustworthy. Show additional information

Great service. Efficient and reliable system.

Competitive quote provided and was prompt to provide further info as required. Turned up on time to install system. Polite and respectful throughout the installation process.
System is now running beautifully.

No stress Solar Installation

Quoting on the spot with follow-up email of your roof with solar panels the same day. Great price with as much info as you wanted. Installation -Very punctual, no problems, polite installers, no mess. Friendly and happy -obviously enjoy their work.Customer Service excellent, follow up phone call, explanation of the Solar App and happy for you to call them at any time if problems. So far none and wouldn"t expect any with Goliath Solar and Electirical. Also South Australian Company !!l Show additional information

Great job - everything as expected

Had a few emails and phone calls with Tom to determine the best system and get all the admin work done. Chris and his team were here on time and did a great job - everything is up and running and looks neat and tidy. Show additional information

Great customer service, installation & follow up.

From the first contact with Ben at Goliath, we felt extremely comfortable that we were dealing with an expert consultant who really knew the product and understood our requirements. At no time did we feel pressured to accept what we were being told and we were actually encouraged to research other opinions.

Once we settled on a quote from Ben, the whole process from approvals to installation went like a well oiled machine. On the day of install, Chris and his team arrived exactly on time, were extremely professional in their work and answered any questions we had immediately. ( Thanks Chris and your team.) Our system was up and running about 4 1/2hours after the guys arrived and has been working like clock work since. We could not speak more highly of the service we received and continue to receive from Goliath and do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone contemplating installing a solar system.

No fuss installation.

Goliath was recommended to me by my neighbour. Sales and quote was done over the phone with Ben, no time wasting and upselling like some other's. What I liked the most was the grid layout on my roof as it was a difficult one to do. Their price was better than other's with the Fronius inverter, is it worth the extra money over the goodwe ? guess I will never know. before the install one of his installer's came out and got up on the roof, did a measure up, made some minor changes to the grid layout so that everything went smoothly on the install which it did.
Goliath was very professional from start to finish and I would highly recommend them.

Great job

I contacted several solar companies for quotes and found Goliath the easiest to work with. I was happy with the quote, the installation was done really well and exactly according to plan, and Goliath walked me through every step in the process. Their customer service was excellent. Show additional information

No need to look further in SA.

After some research to find the company with the best reputation for quality workmanship and great customer service here in South Australia it didn't take long for it to become apparent Goliath Solar were the only way to go.
Ben the solar consultant was extremely helpful and friendly, stepping me through the options and technical details of every system available, and after I'd decided on the system that suited my needs there was constant communication and guidance all the way until the installation which was done only a little over 3 weeks after the original quote! Very fast!
Everything was arranged by Goliath, including applying for the meter to be changed over as well.
The installers did a great job, very neat and tidy and cleaned up like the weren't even there once the job was done.
I was assisted all the way through from quote, to hardware choice, system installation and software system monitoring by friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who all work directly for the company which gives great peace of mind.
The only area which could be slightly improved was communication between the various teams about small details like movement of Foxtel dishes etc as there was some confusion regarding this matter.
All round my experience with Goliath Solar was of a very high level of satisfaction in every aspect, a real pleasure after dealing with no so great contractors in the past.
They actually made the whole process feel easy and a pleasure, and now we look forward to reaping the benefits of solar well into the future.

Quality Installation & Fantastic Customer service

Fantastic customer service & installation was the highest quality. Installation was carried out by their own electricians Show additional information

Mr Gerry Green

All the above items were completed as quoted and the whole process was completed on time and in a very professional manner. I have recommended this company to friend and relatives. Show additional information

Would recommend Golaith without hesitation

Exceptional service from start to finish. I was recommended to Goliath by a friend, and I have been nothing but impressed. They were the only company that physically come to the house and got on the roof! Ben explained everything clearly and answered all my many questions. The team that installed it were polite and courteous and cleaned up after they had finished! Ben has continued to help with ongoing queries post installation too. Well done Goliath, I am a happy customer. Show additional information

Fantastic solar company

Extremely happy with the great service received from Ben and the installation team. From start to finish was handled professionally and efficiency. I simply cannot fault these guys. Thank you for the job well done. Show additional information

Great Customer Service - backed up by the most Suitable System to suit my use

The customer service side of Goliath Solar & Electrical was the difference from other solar installation companies, and their quoted price was very comparative. The site Inspection, Installation and follow-up service was extremely professional resulting in a great looking product and a pleasing overall outcome. In particular, the Installation Team took great care to not only take care of the roof tiles, AND made running repairs to tiles broken prior to the process, and re-siting a whirlybird to ensure the panels were not in any shadow.
At this time the Inverter indicates impressive power generation, whilst we await connection to the Grid.

Great service and very friendly and efficient team

Hi - Tom and the team were fantastic to deal with right from the outset. Very professional, efficient and friendly. We definitely recommend using Goliath! Show additional information

Great Team to deal with

Great Team to deal with, I would recommend Goliath Solar to anyone interested in a system !! Show additional information

Excellent customer service and smooth installation

The sales consultant, Ben was great and easy to deal with - he was not pushy in selling us the products. He took time to evaluate our needs and recommended the best system.

The installation went very well and smooth. The installers led by Sam were polite and they updated us on the work progress throughout the process.

Excellent process

The quoting process went very well. Tom was knowledgeable of solar and provided relevant information when requested.

On the day of install, Goliath staff arrived on time and did their job well. Staff were polite and confirmed locations and orientations, and advising us of some minor changes. There was a loose cable that came was hanging down a bit and Goliath came back the next day to correct this.

Very good and would recommend and use Goliath again.

Flawless service, very happy customer

Goliath solar quoted the best price out of 10 companies I researched, they weren't pushy, we're prompt and professional from quoting to install. Sales rep was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. Really happy with the design, install and price. Already generating plenty of kWh so the system will pay itself off in no time. Highly recommended Show additional information

Fantastic service from start to finish

I was very reluctant to get solar but after speaking to David from Goliath Solar my fears were put at ease. He explained the whole process from the financial savings to the install & the after sales service. The install team was very polite & friendly. I did a lot of research into different companies but I'm so happy I went with Goliath Solar. I will highly recommend them to my friends & family. Thanks again Goliath Solar. Show additional information

Excellent installer and installation

The whole process from getting a quote to installation was very simple, professional and of excellent quality. Show additional information

Tailor made system and service.

Firstly, Goliath were recommended to me by word-of-mouth, not from the three suggestions from SolarQuotes. This then meant a four quote tender. Job was for a new build, 3-phase, 13.23kW.

Tom was generous and honest with advice before there was any suggestion of a pending contract.

Tom's information continued to be honest and realistic with a no-BS approach, including what to expect from a mostly flat roof install.
Once an 'in-principle' price was agreed upon, he was soon on site and up the ladder to determine what could and couldn't be done. Very efficient. He liaised with the site electrician to ensure best position for inverter and cabling was pre-installed prior to plastering.

Team was on site early on the agreed upon day and did a terrific job, including cleaning up after themselves - they even moved the TV aerial to a more suitable position! Thanks Chris.

System is working as expected, and I am very happy. Tom is still happy to field questions as I learn the ins-and-outs.

I possibly could've saved some money, but believe I have paid for quality in both the system and customer service.
From the very beginning in the journey to obtain Solar panels etc, I obtained quotes from over 13 retailers ALL promising the earth. Until a good friend of mine (Pete) put me onto Tom and Goliath Solar. I did my research over and over to understand the nuts and bolts of solar industry so when I met Tom and he listened to what I had to say, I knew I was dealing with someone who wasn't going to rip me off. Tom didn't promise the earth like the other 13 cowboys but instead quoted me a quality reliable state of the art 6.6 KW solar system which is functioning above expectations, so I am absolutely rapped. Further more, Toms electricians who came to install the system were fantastic, respectful, thoroughly cleaned up after the work and knew what they were doing from the get go.
I thoroughly recommend Tom and Goliath Solar and Electrical. 10/10.

Competent Solar Panel Installer

How was the sales/quoting process? - Friendly, informative and factual.
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? - Punctual, good workmanship and swift.
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? - The customer service was good and they assisted in organising the grid connection.

Overall an excellent experience

David, the owner, was brilliant to deal with. He went out of his way to help us and ensured that we had a smooth installation experience. His workers who did the installation were friendly and professional. The leader of the installation team communicated with me throughout the day and didn't make any assumptions about what we want when it came to any decisions that needed to be made. On top of the great service, we were very happy with the pricing of our system. Thank you Goliath Solar! Show additional information

Goliath were prompt, professional, helpful.

We found Goliath via Solar quotes & they were really helpful in terms of providing several quotes for alternative systems. The installation was smooth & prompt, and trouble free. Their price was very competitive for our 6.6 kW system. A top local company. Show additional information

Great customer service, quick and efficient installation

From the request for quote, Goliath promptly contacted me to finalise the quote. Within 2 weeks of signing up they installed the 7.875Kwh system saving me $'s. The installers arrived on time, thorough in their instructions post install and completing on time.

If i were to pick one area for improvement that would be to further cleanup by picking up the shards of wire from the work areas - something pet owners will no doubt find helpful.

Have recommended Goliath to others and will continue to do so.

100% happy with this installation

Great and prompt service, good price, easy process, very courteous staff. Couldn't be happier. Show additional information

All round great supplier

We had been thinking about solar for a while waiting to find the right installer. As soon as we spoke with Goliath Solar we knew we had found the correct one. Tom and his team were fantastic throughout the whole process from start to finish. It was great to see there is a business still out there who offers fantastic customer service. Show additional information

Excellent service and communication

From start to finish Goliath Solar and Electrical was very professional with the provision of quoting, explanation of the products they use, demonstrating assurance they only use the superior products.

The installation was seemless with scaffolding being erected one day in a tight location, panels up the next day and connections made followed by scaffold down the next day. Goliath was exceptional with their communication with how and when the install was going to be completed.

Job Well Done

The quoting process was methodical and professional. Tom explained the process in detail.
Installation went without a glitch. Timely and good HouseKeeping.
Very good customer service. Provided useful information.

All round excellent service

Researched through this site and google reviews. What mainly came up time and time again was Goliath Solar Electrical as the go to for my solar solution needs. Easy to see why...

After an over the phone chat I sent through my electricity bill and got a quote which was pleasantly surprising. I was also provided 2 options which suited my budget. Nailed it.

Site inspection next and at this point I didn’t bother getting other quotes as everything was smooth and the price was right. Locked in installation date and boys rocked up 5-10 mins late on the day but was informed accordingly that was the case so no dramas there.

Boys got the job done with minimal fuss and we were done by 2:30pm. With regards to the meter install there was a small miss from Goliath on an email request from Origin. (Origin could have processed the form to be fair) what was pleasing was to be proactively compensated for the small mistake.

No hesitation in recommending these blokes. Heaps of cowboys out there but these guys are all over it. Really honest and upfront.

Looking forward to seeing the savings come through.

Super happy with end result

Answered my request for quote super quick. Turned up on time. Quote was competitive. Super happy with end result. Show additional information

A company that goes above and beyond for their customer

I spoke directly with David from Goliath, he was clear with all the information I needed and answered all my questions before setting the date for installation. On the day of installation, the tradies were efficient, polite, professional and cleaned up well after themselves. I would highly recommend this company to everyone and after all my conversations with David over the project, I can say they are honest, down to earth people that really just want to make their customers happy with the overall service. Five stars! Show additional information