Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Great job

I contacted several solar companies for quotes and found Goliath the easiest to work with. I was happy with the quote, the installation was done really well and exactly according to plan, and Goliath walked me through every step in the process. Their customer service was excellent. Show additional information

No need to look further in SA.

After some research to find the company with the best reputation for quality workmanship and great customer service here in South Australia it didn't take long for it to become apparent Goliath Solar were the only way to go.
Ben the solar consultant was extremely helpful and friendly, stepping me through the options and technical details of every system available, and after I'd decided on the system that suited my needs there was constant communication and guidance all the way until the installation which was done only a little over 3 weeks after the original quote! Very fast!
Everything was arranged by Goliath, including applying for the meter to be changed over as well.
The installers did a great job, very neat and tidy and cleaned up like the weren't even there once the job was done.
I was assisted all the way through from quote, to hardware choice, system installation and software system monitoring by friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff who all work directly for the company which gives great peace of mind.
The only area which could be slightly improved was communication between the various teams about small details like movement of Foxtel dishes etc as there was some confusion regarding this matter.
All round my experience with Goliath Solar was of a very high level of satisfaction in every aspect, a real pleasure after dealing with no so great contractors in the past.
They actually made the whole process feel easy and a pleasure, and now we look forward to reaping the benefits of solar well into the future.

Quality Installation & Fantastic Customer service

Fantastic customer service & installation was the highest quality. Installation was carried out by their own electricians Show additional information

Mr Gerry Green

All the above items were completed as quoted and the whole process was completed on time and in a very professional manner. I have recommended this company to friend and relatives. Show additional information

Would recommend Golaith without hesitation

Exceptional service from start to finish. I was recommended to Goliath by a friend, and I have been nothing but impressed. They were the only company that physically come to the house and got on the roof! Ben explained everything clearly and answered all my many questions. The team that installed it were polite and courteous and cleaned up after they had finished! Ben has continued to help with ongoing queries post installation too. Well done Goliath, I am a happy customer. Show additional information

Fantastic solar company

Extremely happy with the great service received from Ben and the installation team. From start to finish was handled professionally and efficiency. I simply cannot fault these guys. Thank you for the job well done. Show additional information

Great Customer Service - backed up by the most Suitable System to suit my use

The customer service side of Goliath Solar & Electrical was the difference from other solar installation companies, and their quoted price was very comparative. The site Inspection, Installation and follow-up service was extremely professional resulting in a great looking product and a pleasing overall outcome. In particular, the Installation Team took great care to not only take care of the roof tiles, AND made running repairs to tiles broken prior to the process, and re-siting a whirlybird to ensure the panels were not in any shadow.
At this time the Inverter indicates impressive power generation, whilst we await connection to the Grid.

Great service and very friendly and efficient team

Hi - Tom and the team were fantastic to deal with right from the outset. Very professional, efficient and friendly. We definitely recommend using Goliath! Show additional information

Great Team to deal with

Great Team to deal with, I would recommend Goliath Solar to anyone interested in a system !! Show additional information

Excellent customer service and smooth installation

The sales consultant, Ben was great and easy to deal with - he was not pushy in selling us the products. He took time to evaluate our needs and recommended the best system.

The installation went very well and smooth. The installers led by Sam were polite and they updated us on the work progress throughout the process.

Excellent process

The quoting process went very well. Tom was knowledgeable of solar and provided relevant information when requested.

On the day of install, Goliath staff arrived on time and did their job well. Staff were polite and confirmed locations and orientations, and advising us of some minor changes. There was a loose cable that came was hanging down a bit and Goliath came back the next day to correct this.

Very good and would recommend and use Goliath again.

Flawless service, very happy customer

Goliath solar quoted the best price out of 10 companies I researched, they weren't pushy, we're prompt and professional from quoting to install. Sales rep was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. Really happy with the design, install and price. Already generating plenty of kWh so the system will pay itself off in no time. Highly recommended Show additional information

Fantastic service from start to finish

I was very reluctant to get solar but after speaking to David from Goliath Solar my fears were put at ease. He explained the whole process from the financial savings to the install & the after sales service. The install team was very polite & friendly. I did a lot of research into different companies but I'm so happy I went with Goliath Solar. I will highly recommend them to my friends & family. Thanks again Goliath Solar. Show additional information

Excellent installer and installation

The whole process from getting a quote to installation was very simple, professional and of excellent quality. Show additional information

Tailor made system and service.

Firstly, Goliath were recommended to me by word-of-mouth, not from the three suggestions from SolarQuotes. This then meant a four quote tender. Job was for a new build, 3-phase, 13.23kW.

Tom was generous and honest with advice before there was any suggestion of a pending contract.

Tom's information continued to be honest and realistic with a no-BS approach, including what to expect from a mostly flat roof install.
Once an 'in-principle' price was agreed upon, he was soon on site and up the ladder to determine what could and couldn't be done. Very efficient. He liaised with the site electrician to ensure best position for inverter and cabling was pre-installed prior to plastering.

Team was on site early on the agreed upon day and did a terrific job, including cleaning up after themselves - they even moved the TV aerial to a more suitable position! Thanks Chris.

System is working as expected, and I am very happy. Tom is still happy to field questions as I learn the ins-and-outs.

I possibly could've saved some money, but believe I have paid for quality in both the system and customer service.
From the very beginning in the journey to obtain Solar panels etc, I obtained quotes from over 13 retailers ALL promising the earth. Until a good friend of mine (Pete) put me onto Tom and Goliath Solar. I did my research over and over to understand the nuts and bolts of solar industry so when I met Tom and he listened to what I had to say, I knew I was dealing with someone who wasn't going to rip me off. Tom didn't promise the earth like the other 13 cowboys but instead quoted me a quality reliable state of the art 6.6 KW solar system which is functioning above expectations, so I am absolutely rapped. Further more, Toms electricians who came to install the system were fantastic, respectful, thoroughly cleaned up after the work and knew what they were doing from the get go.
I thoroughly recommend Tom and Goliath Solar and Electrical. 10/10.

Competent Solar Panel Installer

How was the sales/quoting process? - Friendly, informative and factual.
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? - Punctual, good workmanship and swift.
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? - The customer service was good and they assisted in organising the grid connection.

Overall an excellent experience

David, the owner, was brilliant to deal with. He went out of his way to help us and ensured that we had a smooth installation experience. His workers who did the installation were friendly and professional. The leader of the installation team communicated with me throughout the day and didn't make any assumptions about what we want when it came to any decisions that needed to be made. On top of the great service, we were very happy with the pricing of our system. Thank you Goliath Solar! Show additional information

Goliath were prompt, professional, helpful.

We found Goliath via Solar quotes & they were really helpful in terms of providing several quotes for alternative systems. The installation was smooth & prompt, and trouble free. Their price was very competitive for our 6.6 kW system. A top local company. Show additional information

Great customer service, quick and efficient installation

From the request for quote, Goliath promptly contacted me to finalise the quote. Within 2 weeks of signing up they installed the 7.875Kwh system saving me $'s. The installers arrived on time, thorough in their instructions post install and completing on time.

If i were to pick one area for improvement that would be to further cleanup by picking up the shards of wire from the work areas - something pet owners will no doubt find helpful.

Have recommended Goliath to others and will continue to do so.

100% happy with this installation

Great and prompt service, good price, easy process, very courteous staff. Couldn't be happier. Show additional information

All round great supplier

We had been thinking about solar for a while waiting to find the right installer. As soon as we spoke with Goliath Solar we knew we had found the correct one. Tom and his team were fantastic throughout the whole process from start to finish. It was great to see there is a business still out there who offers fantastic customer service. Show additional information

Excellent service and communication

From start to finish Goliath Solar and Electrical was very professional with the provision of quoting, explanation of the products they use, demonstrating assurance they only use the superior products.

The installation was seemless with scaffolding being erected one day in a tight location, panels up the next day and connections made followed by scaffold down the next day. Goliath was exceptional with their communication with how and when the install was going to be completed.

Job Well Done

The quoting process was methodical and professional. Tom explained the process in detail.
Installation went without a glitch. Timely and good HouseKeeping.
Very good customer service. Provided useful information.

All round excellent service

Researched through this site and google reviews. What mainly came up time and time again was Goliath Solar Electrical as the go to for my solar solution needs. Easy to see why...

After an over the phone chat I sent through my electricity bill and got a quote which was pleasantly surprising. I was also provided 2 options which suited my budget. Nailed it.

Site inspection next and at this point I didn’t bother getting other quotes as everything was smooth and the price was right. Locked in installation date and boys rocked up 5-10 mins late on the day but was informed accordingly that was the case so no dramas there.

Boys got the job done with minimal fuss and we were done by 2:30pm. With regards to the meter install there was a small miss from Goliath on an email request from Origin. (Origin could have processed the form to be fair) what was pleasing was to be proactively compensated for the small mistake.

No hesitation in recommending these blokes. Heaps of cowboys out there but these guys are all over it. Really honest and upfront.

Looking forward to seeing the savings come through.

Super happy with end result

Answered my request for quote super quick. Turned up on time. Quote was competitive. Super happy with end result. Show additional information

A company that goes above and beyond for their customer

I spoke directly with David from Goliath, he was clear with all the information I needed and answered all my questions before setting the date for installation. On the day of installation, the tradies were efficient, polite, professional and cleaned up well after themselves. I would highly recommend this company to everyone and after all my conversations with David over the project, I can say they are honest, down to earth people that really just want to make their customers happy with the overall service. Five stars! Show additional information
Initial Phone conversation with Tom was fantastic he knows his stuff. Tom kept me informed every couple of days. Installation went brilliant very polite, tidy & punctual. Everything was connected and running when the guys left. Thank you. Will recommend anytime. Show additional information

Could not be happier.

Goliath Solar and Electrical have been nothing short of excellent during the entire process. From initial presentation to installation to follow up support, I have been very impressed by their professionalism. I have no hesitation in recommending David and his team to anyone interested in installing solar. Show additional information
The whole thing went very smoothly. Installation was done about two weeks from order and my retailer installed the smart meter a week later. And its been running like a clock since. Show additional information

Dont need to go anywhere else

Dave had all the answers to my many questions and offered a number of different options.

His first price was the best of four quotes for similar quality products

His installation team were efficient, friendly and left the place as they found it. The job was done within a week of agreeing the final solution

Fantastic company to deal with, quality products and installation.

Ben was great to deal with and answered all my questions. The whole process was easy and no stress. Goliath organised everything from meter changes to registration and monitoring set-up! Friendly team of sales and installers and happy to go above and beyond to ensure a happy outcome. I would highly recommend this company for place of mind and quality. Thanks guys for making the switch to solar an easy process! Show additional information

Professional, well organised, on time!

The quoting process was open and tailored to customer requirements. Without compromising on quality cost were kept down, e.g. instead of using 315W panels more 300W panels were used because space was not an issue. The product knowledge of the sales staff was convincing and Tom's experience with system implementation and performance was outstanding.
Every effort was made to explain the pro and cons of various options. The installation started at 7am and was finished at 2pm, including the removal of an existing PV system.
Panels with 6,600W p.p. and a 5kW inverter (the legal limit for a single phase) were utilised to maximise power production, especially during winter months. It was no problem to have the inverter installed in the most practical position (the distant corner of the garage).
After installation Tom provided information on how to connect the inverter to PVOutput.org (a free solar data monitoring website). This allows even more monitoring options than the inverter manufacturer's free web service.
To-date the system performs better than quoted.
All staff members were friendly and helpful at all times.

Great service!

Goliath were amazing to deal with from the very first call. They came highly recommended by my brother( who doesn't recommend lightly). Calls, information via email was very prompt and helpful. Other reviewers had noted there wasn't any pushy sales talk - that was very true and so appreciated. From talking to David to organise , to the installers Sam, Greg and Anri, they were all friendly, professional and informative. I will certainly be recommending them! Show additional information

Great Service and solid advice

David (and company) just completed a warranty replacement of our solar array and upgraded our inverter and made the whole experience as smooth and hassle free as possible. A great outcome. Below price is for replacement inverter, panels were replaced under warranty. Show additional information

100% satisfied!

Tom, David and the Goliath team thouroughly impressed me. Tom put in the time to answer my many (so many!) questions and did not come across as a pushy salesman. Truth be told I got 5 quotes, Goliath's was not the cheapest but it was the best value. I felt relieved when David advised me that they employ their own installers and don't use sub contractors. I felt even better when he sent me their installation guide showing their standard installation methods. The three installers were punctual, polite and well mannered. It was at this point I knew 100% we had made the right choice to go with Goliath. The install was neat and tidy. I have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Electrical. Well done guys! Show additional information

Exceptional service and quality

From start to finish Goliath Solar and Electrical were a pleasure to deal with. From the initial consult to the installation of the panels myself and my wife were highly impressed by the level of professionalism and customer service. The installers on the day were more than happy to explain to us the process and to ensure we were not inconvenienced by the process. I would like to sincerely thank all of the Goliath team for this pleasurable experience. Show additional information

As good as you get

From start to finish was just fantastic. We had a dozen quotes with other installers and with all our reasearch we found only a couple that we would go with. With Ben we had no pressure to buy, great service and honesty and a unfaultable installation. We would highly recommend Goliath for solar! Show additional information

Exceptional Service and Installation!

Have nothing but praise for you company - starting with the fabulous customer service & ending with the installers, who kept me in the loop on what they were doing & you wouldn't even had known they had been there, as there was nothing out of place.

A pleasure to have used your company & would definitely recommend you

You can choose Goliath with confidence

Straight forward and up front sales and follow up. Tom was attentive without being pushy. He spoke through options and was flexible and across his topic. Installation was great on time
And easy for me. No issues at all recommending Goliath

Great Service, efficient and knowledgeable

I had a really good experience with Goliath Solar & Electrical. The salesman was really on top of his game and answered all my questions. The installers were punctual and finished on time too. The system is working within the parameters specified. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Happy Solar System Owners

The information they provided prior to quoting really helped us in our decision making. They were always here when they said they would be. The entire process was made very easy for us and we felt totally informed at every stage. The installation was seamless and the installation team were polite, efficient and cleaned up after themselves. We have been up and running for a week now and would have no hesitation in recommending Goliath Solar & Electrical. Show additional information

Goliath is good

Arrived on time as arranged and completed the installation with minimum of disruption. The installation looks good and we are looking forward to FREE POWER.
Customer service has been prompt and reassuring should we have problems in the future.

Another happy customer!

Corresponding with Goliath Solar was an efficient and friendly process; the team had comprehensive product knowledge and were capable of addressing even the most difficult of questions we had for them. The installation was organised smoothly, was punctual, and proceeded without a hitch. After sales service continues to exceed expectations. We have and will continue to recommend Goliath Solar to all our friends and family! Show additional information

It has been a pleasure dealing with Goliath throughout

Following a less than satisfactory with another solar installer I dropped into Goliath Solar & Electrical to get some advice – simply because they were next door to my gym; I knew nothing about them. Looking back now, I can't believe my luck. Straight away, I liked the people I spoke with, and my gut feeling proved right.

By the end of my 'solar journey' (don't worry, I'm being wry – they didn't call it that) I was an 'expert' (well…). I like to understand things and it stimulated my interest, so I found myself doing lots of reading and researching. In the course of that I came across solarquotes.com, and was pleased to discover Goliath, who I'd just thought of as the company around the corner from me, were not only rated a Platinum Installer, they were also ranked #1 Platinum Installer(!)

As for the work itself – brilliant. I was sent an outline of what would happen on the day, and times. It was absolutely spot on – either my job was typical or they've done this so often they can plan it with a great deal of confidence. My job wasn't typical.

The guys arrived on the day when they said they would, and everything happened exactly as and when they said it would. The Installation Team were friendly, polite, respectful, competent and likable – exactly the same as David (the Company Founder) who I'd dealt with up until then. That consistency tells me it's company-cultural, which is what you want, not just the good luck to strike the right individual. It was a pleasure to invite them into my home.

And the system? Also brilliant! The work was neat, tidy, everything looks good and works perfectly. They organised everything and let me know anything I needed to. And I've already received followup phonecalls and emails to make sure everything's ok. And only people with solar systems know the sheer pleasure of looking at your inverter (or app) and seeing the energy being pumped out. A nice sunny day was good before – how much better is it now?!

Go Goliath

The Sales/ Quoting process was completed by Ben in a very professional manor. The quote was very competitive with others.
Installation was completed by Sams team who arrived on time at 7.30am. Throughout the day the team were very polite, tidy and kept me informed of the progress of the work.
Customer service was first rate with Ben and with Greg handling all of my grid connections including multiple personal computer connection.
Overall a very smooth and faultless install throughout. I am so pleased that I chose Goliath Solar and Electrical.

Would happily recommend

Easy to deal with, quick installation, competitive pricing & good knowledge Show additional information

Greatest solar.

Goliath is the great installer I am satisfied with the service! And the solar consultant Ben, he is very kind and organized~ Show additional information

Excellent & Professional service

Great communication, quick response, reliable and fair information, competitive price and great value for money.
Installation went smoothly, and issue found was fixed very quickly.
You rarely find this level of high quality service in many business.
I'm very happy with my choice after all.