Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Goliath Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Goliath Solar and Electrical
Platinum Partner
Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 26 832 458 768  ABN active since 12 Jan 2012 | The Trustee For Goliath Electrical Business Trust
ACN: 155 070 250  ACN active since 10 Jan 2012 | Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 287749 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 244200 Goliath Electrical Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,250 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Goliath Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

smooth and stress free

I was concerned about finding a reputable business to install my new solar panels after my last lot 'fried' themselves. I knew there were a lot of 'fly by night' companies out there and I didn't want to get stung again. Luckily someone suggested Goliath and I couldn't be more pleased. From the very beginning they were superb. Great with keeping me informed, prompt with quoting and with installation. The whole process was smooth and stress free. I will definitely be recommending them to others. Show additional information

Solar Installation

Ben did an excellent job finding the right system for our needs. Chris and his team did a great job with the installation - no mess - all rubbish removed - everything was explained well.

Simple no fuss installation - highly recommended - now we just need the sun to keep shining.

Excellent solar service.

I was extremely impressed with Cameron's knowledge of his products and felt very comfortable with his guidance and recommendations for my home needs. Communication was very clear and prompt, and when working out a quote all my queries were answered with patience and clarity. The entire process proceeded without delay, including site inspection and installation. Installation was completed quickly and efficiently by Tom and Josh, who left the site perfectly tidy after finishing up. Immediately after the system was functional I was guided in how to access and navigate the Fronius website to review the details of my power production and use.
I absolutely recommend the reliability and professionalism of Goliath Solar & Electrical.

High expectations - Goliath delivered over and above

Our installation was very complex, with seven roof faces having panels and 2 inverters to be installed. The whole process from initial discussion to completion was exemplary. Information was timely, factual and pertinent and confirmed with documentation at every stage. I have had a lot of trades people working on our premises through major construction and renovation over the last three years and I rate Goliath as the best of the bunch by a long shot.
Couldn't be happier with the process and final result. Many thanks to Daniel, Sam and the team.

Great value, Professional, Knowledgeable, Polite, Very satisfied customer

Solar consulting process on phone:
Daniel is very knowledgeable, punctual and honest about all the questions I had for my request. He has answered all my concerns and also provided very usefull recommendations. The follow-ups are also very good and he is always happy to answer any more questions I may have. Not a lot of solar companys would provide upfront prices on their website but Goliath Solar and Electrical definitely delivers.

On-site measure on roof before installation:
Thealen's team came on site to provide an initial estimate on the site, quick and easy, very professional.

Installation day:
Sam’s Crew was excellent. Very polite and efficient. Started from 7:30am in the morning and finished around 4pm for a 10.7kw solar system. My roof is a bit steep on the sides but they managed to get the job done efficiently, they even helped me to remove the unused TV antenna that may block the solar panels.

Overall experience:
Definitely very happy to do business with them and would recommend to my friends.

Easy process. Good value. Very satisfied.

The quotation process was very easy and very competitive. Done by email with a follow up phone call from Ben Gordon.
Ben is courteous and professional in his manner.
The installation was on time. The installation guys were friendly and tidied up after they’d finished the installation. Very professional and helped organise the grid connection. A follow up phone call from Ben to check if I was satisfied. You can’t ask more than that.

A great exercise

It was a seem less exercise from start to finish, I would recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical for your Solar instal, they organised everything required! Is all I had to do was be home the day of installation. I paid a bit extra to get the Fronius inverter because I always believe you get what you pay for. Yes I probably could have saved some money upfront by going somewhere else but the parts supplied were not what I wanted and I knew that I would have to spend on replacement parts earlier rather than later. Again don’t go past Goliath, another point to mention when the power networks technician changed the meter he said Goliath was a good choice. One last important point is they are local so you have a face to speak too not a telephone. Show additional information

Tom and his team are great. We are adding a second storey to our existing house and we need solar panels on the upper roof. They co-ordinate with our builder and installed it on time before the scaffolding was dismantle without additional cost. They keep the site very clean and organize all the connection after installation. I will recommend Goliath Solar to our families and friends Show additional information

A simply very professional team

Being a bit sceptic of whether to go Solar or not I approached 2 other companies before I got a referral to Goliath. From the first call to the very last we were made to feel secure in our decision. This company is strong on service and follow up.

Our options were explained to us clearly and the service we got was amazing. The system we are confident is what suits us and surely time will tell but we are very sure we made the right decision.
Well done team a very professional company from start to finish.

Well done

Ben was easy ta talk to and explained every thing. In stall was quick and the guys tidied up when finished. Helped with app connection and explained how it all worked. Very pleased. Show additional information

Great service, geat advice and seamless installation.

I can't fault any stage of the process.

During the quote they were extremely knowledgeable about all different options and where upfront and honest with their advice/information/pricing. They were happy to answer any questions I had, even when I kept coming back with more. They provided me with recommendations and options to fit my budget and goals.

The installation team were professional, punctual and took care with their work. The system was installed neatly and consulted with me throughout the process. Walked me through the set up of the monitoring and answered all questions I had.

They followed up after installation to check if I had any questions and ensure I was happy with the installation.

Very happy with Goliath Solar and Electrical

So easy to deal with, great communication and post installation support. The installation team were fantastic and on time and happy to answer any questions we had. Would definitely recommend these guys for your solar install. Show additional information

GREAT JOB

Quality work, great customer service, kept me informed at all times, very happy. Show additional information

Amazing experience

The sales and quoting process was quick and easy. Daniel from Golaith Solar answered all questions put across.
The installation process went without any issues and it was all completed in day.
The customer service was excellent and the grid connection was organised by Golaith solar. They also helped me with options to get the best deal among the electricity providers. I would highly recommend Golaith solar they know their stuff.

Very Professional

I was very happy with Tom and the Goliath Solar team from start to finish. They were very helpful and explained everything very well. They worked with my builder and took a lot of the stress away. The installation was very smooth and they set everything up for me so I realy did not have to do anything. Would highly recommend them. Show additional information

Goliath Solar & Electrical

We are very happy with the service from Goliath, from first point of contact to finish
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the only problem we had was the rain and work needed to be delayed
Staff were punctual, polite,friendly, helpful, tidy, nothing too hard for them
We would recommend Goliath to our friends and family without hesitation
Well done Guys!
Barbara & John

An Easy Experience

I didn't have much of an idea of the brands or what I really needed leading into this process but Goliath made it super easy. Dan first asked me about what we hoped to achieve by getting solar and a little about my circumstances. He then put together a suggested plan based on that information. He never went for the up sell but instead suggested the solar that met our needs. I was regularly updated along the way and my solar was even installed early. On install day, I didn't even need to be there, the guys were packed up and the system was working before I got home from work. The following week, I received a follow up call to see how the install went on my side and Dan helped me set up the monitoring system. All in all an extremely pleasant and easy experience. Show additional information

Excellent

Excellent from start to finish. Great communications during instal and some last minute changes due to deficiencies found in my roof. Excellent follow up after install. Show additional information

A five star breeze.

After dealing with several installers and becoming totally confused, an electrician friend recommended Goliath, he used them and was very satisfied. Once I spoke with Tom Morgan at Goliath I knew it was to be that company. It wasn't necessary for a rep to call out - Tom, with my home on google was sufficient. He explained the basics of Solar and sent appropriate reading matter and websites to check ; Allowed me time to read and get back to him; He always answered his phone or returned my calls asap; He took time to answer my questions and offer advice; Above all he was not pushy; Decision made and the process started; It ran like clockwork I was kept informed step by step. Installation day came - crew were punctual, very polite, good sense of humour, worked steadily and at the end of the day they packed and cleaned up very well. I was given a short and efficient tutorial; app put on my phone and told what to do and how to read it. Excellent service. Better still I was not popped into the 'All done' basket'- Tom has followed up with advice to contact my electric supplier, what to ask and check for - such detail. I can't recommend GOLIATH highly enough. Show additional information

Professional and Efficient

Our contact at Goliath was Ben Gordon who communicated all steps in the process in a timely and friendly manner. No question went unanswered and he gave clear information on the phone and through email. Goliath also backs up information with easy to read articles and forms delivered through email.
The installation went according to plan with Tom and his team working efficiently and very tidily. They arrived on time and completed the work in the estimated time. The link to our wifi works.
Goliath Solar and Electrical was a company recommended to me by a number of friends and acquaintances and I would have no hesitation in doing the same.

Excellent service!

We couldn’t be more happier with the service from Goliath solar and electrical. From start to finish, they communicated throughout the whole process and followed up after the installation. The quotes were very competitive with everything explained thoroughly. The installation went very smoothly. We are very, happy customers! Thanks very much! Show additional information

Excellent experience

Couldn’t be happier with the system and installation process. Excellent communication all the way through. Have recommended them to friends and family Show additional information

Highly recommended. Smooth, simple and easy process.

As a first time buyer of a solar system and battery the sea of options and technical jargon was initially daunting. With the help of Tom from Goliath all my questions were answered and explained in language that was super simple to grasp. With Tom's helpful guidance I picked the perfect setup for my new family home and couldn't be happier. I would recommend Goliath to anyone interested in solar. The whole process was smooth, simple and easy. Show additional information

They’re all good from the start up to the installation, the owner can be easily be contacted if I have a question.they came on time on the day of the instillation and tidy up after the instillation. Show additional information

It's amazing how friendly staff and not being rushed into a sale can make you feel

The best part about Goliath, the time that they have to explain every fine detail with you to make sure you are getting what you are looking for is fantastic. I didn't know a lot about solar before hand (just the basics) and now I feel pretty confident with even more technical parts. We run a small family business within the energy saving industry and will now be recommending Goliath to all our customers after the work they have done to my home. Very impressed with the team from sales to the onsite boys. Show additional information

Amazing customer service and installation

After many quotes Goliath was recommended to me from a friend. Daniel was amazing and gave me all the relevant informant to make the decision on what i needed and required. The customer service was outstanding as i was guided through every step and process and any and all questions answered. From start to installation i was kept in the loop as to everything that would happen. The installation team where absolutely great in every way possible. On time and the job was completed in professional manner.

I would not hesitate to recommend Goliath to my Family and Friends. So if you are looking for a great company and wonderful service give them a call.

Goliath

Fantastic, and very efficient, Ben Gordon was great, very informative and kept us informed constantly from beginning to end. Ben organised with electrical supplier to install grid connection. Tom and his install team were great, very efficient well oiled machine ,once again kept us informed on the progress and stepped us through web site and app on how to view usage etc. An also importantly left no mess. they arrived on time. The quote was also informative and had steps showing stages of install and what we needed to do, ie contact electrical retailer. Highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical Show additional information

Great installation. On site team very good.

Sales process very good. Not pushy
Installation very good.
Customer service good.

Excellent company

From first contact to completion of install it was a easy process due to excellent communication and quality of installers. Worry free process, thoroughly recommend. Show additional information

Great people to deal with

It took only 3 weeks from the initial enquiry to fully installed system. Daniel was great in organising quotes, installation dates and guiding me through the whole process. Every detail was discussed and delivered as promised. The installing crew arrived on time and completed the whole job with professionalism including my switchboard upgrade. Totally impressed with Goliath – super people to deal with.
10.89kW
33 X Q CELLS 330W SOLAR PANELS
FRONIUS PRIMO 8.2kW INVERTER
INSTALLATION BY GOLIATH

Took the confusion out of the process.

Quality system installed, fair price, friendly staff. Helped select the right system for me. Show additional information

Excellent service, and the best value for my money

I am extremely happy with the team from Goliath Solar and Electrical, not only they gave me the absolute best value for my money, their service was great, everyone was very professional and efficient and just made it a great and easy experience from start to finish, they took care of everything for us, even contacting our energy supplier and organising the connection to the grid!!
Thanks again to the Goliath Solar and Electrical team!!

Steve.

Awesome

The entire process was great. Goliath came recommended from a few different people and from the fist call Ben was great at answering all my many questions and keeping us aware of where we were up to at each stage.

Sam and his team came at the advertised time, installed inverter and panels with little fuss and were great in helping us understand how the system works.

Very easy process from start to finish and very competitive price compared to other quotes we had received. Would certainly recommend to anyone!

Quality local business

Goliath was very responsive in the quoting and planning process. Being able to ring up and speak to one of the owners is fantastic! They took the time to discuss options and put together a good system for me at a very competitive price!

You may find a cheaper price from a mass solar install, call center, but it's well worth it to use a local company that knows their stuff, will treat you like a human and respond to any issues.

Goliath uses their own installers. They1 were prompt, efficient and friendly. No complaints there. The sparky made sure my monitoring app was up and running before he left.

I'd recommend Goliath with no hesitation. Quality and customer service is impeccable!!!

All round fantastic service!

I was recommended by a friend who gave a glowing report on Goliath Solar from his experience on Facebook.
After getting 3+ quotes across different companies, i choose Goliath over the competitors firstly through customer service from Daniel who helped me understand what they do from quote to install, he didn't use pushy tactics to get my business and constantly ring me to see where we were at. This really helped!
Daniels understanding of the solar industry was fantastic, value for money on our system and return on investment ticked all the boxes.
Once signed up, everything was explained on how it would proceed and was a very smooth process and i felt i didn't have to do much as it was all taken care of.
Thanks to the install team, Sam,Tom and Team for making a big job look easy. Polite, easy to work with and left the job extremely tidy.
Overall experience was 5 stars!
Thanks to all involved.

Brilliant from start to finish

Had a great experience with Goliath. Tom was quick to contact us, and recommended a great system for our circumstances. Having had the system running for a month over winter I can see it was a good idea to install a system with Solaredge inverter to deal with shading.
Whilst it wasn't a super cheap deal we paid $6600 for a 6.6kw panels and 6kw solaredge inverter, so we feel we got a quality system. Quote, installation and everything else was great, it just took a while for Simply energy to sort out the new smartmeter.

Fantastic system from a fantastic company

I have found Goliath to be an excellent company to deal with. No pushy sales pitches and the follow up/advice from Ben was exceptional. They have and great reputation and it is clear that they value this based on the high level of customer service that I have received.

The installation went smoothly despite me having quite a challenging roof space. The team were very efficient and all the wiring and conduits look really tidy.

I am writing this 2 days after installation and have been lucky enough to have had a couple of sunny winter's days and I am already convinced that the system will perform better than what was quoted.

I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Goliath as a professional, honest and cost-effective operation. I am very happy that I decided to give them my business.
Cheers Mark.

Great Customer Service & Support

Would highly recommend Goliath! They were very helpful from the start with giving us independent advice and a personalised quote which suited our needs and lifestyle. The installation process was seamless - extremely punctual and professional. Since the installation Goliath have kept in contact with additional support and advice. We are very glad we chose Goliath - its great to be able to support an SA business which are clearly experts at what they do! Show additional information

Excellent service and Install. Prompt service, good advice, good follow up

Excellent service and Install. Prompt service, good advice, good follow up.
Highly recommended

Solar panels

I was very impressed with the prompt service and information given. The installers were on time worked hard and cleaned up beautifully afterwards as if they had never been there. The staff were very happy to explain everything to me. I’m over 70 and can be a bit thick sometimes. Show additional information

Fantastic business - how it should be done.

The team at Goliath made the whole experience easy and a pleasure to deal with.
They (Tom) clearly explained the quote (upgrading from our older solar system) and made sure any questions we asked were answered thoroughly, plus providing us with a fixed installation date (baring unforeseen weather).
When it came time to install the system (which they managed to do earlier than planned date, which was welcomed by us) the team made it seem effortless and with a minimum of disruption and the guys were awesome. They kept us up to date through the day and were very polite, a really great team.
The team at Goliath contacted us the following day to ensure we were happy with the installation and go through monitoring system (reinforcing, what the installation team provided the previous day), plus help us with finding suitable energy plans.
I would recommend the team at Goliath to others based on our experience, a really professional business and so rare to see these days.

Great product and customer service!

The quoting process was really easy and straight forward, I didn't feel pressured at all and I didn't feel at all like I was being ripped off. The installation was all done in one day, all the guys were polite and just got stuck into the job. The main guy, Sam (I think), was really nice and easy to deal with. They did everything, we didn't have to do anything - it was really smooth. Show additional information

Professional and excellent service!

The quoting process was professionally done. The solar consultant was very courteous and answered all my queries about getting a solar system. I was presented with various quotes to different systems and sizes and they were very flexible when it comes to choosing which brand to go with. Overall, I didn't felt pressured nor put into a uncomfortable position throughout the quoting process.
The Installers were very punctual and they walk me through the process of the Solar installation. They also gave an estimate to when the power was going to be turn off and also gave me a 5 min warning. Once the installation was done, they cleaned all the area and left it the same as before the installation.
Once the Installation is done, the customer service rang me up and walk me through on some housekeeping, address all my remaining queries and also help me organize all the requirements needed to connect to the grid.
Overall it was an excellent experience and i would definitely recommend going with them for your first solar install!

Great company to deal with

Goliath solar & electrical have put 6.6Kv system on my roof today. From initial contact, through quote and install the company was great. Always have time to talk and clearly explained every aspect of installation. They organized a meter change and followed up on it as the electricity provider was delaying it. have absolutely nothing wrong to say. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Excellent customer service

Excellent service, always updating you with a call and follow up email. Tom was always preempting my questions. Excellent service. Second time I have installed a system with Tom and I would do it again. Show additional information

Can't fault them!

Everything was made easy from the first step. They were quick, efficient and friendly. They made it an easy and enjoyable process from start to finish. I recommend them 100%. Show additional information

Great service, great system!

Goliath have supplied and installed solar systems for several of our family members, so they were the natural choice for us too. Due to our property being part of a Strata corp, the process of getting approval took some time. However, thanks to the excellent customer service provided by Tom Morgan, we had no issues once the approval came through. Tom was extremely helpful with organising our meter change and he was happy to help us organise the installation at a time that suited us.

When the crew arrived to do the installation they were on time, friendly, helpful and tidied up all the mess. We have a terracotta tile roof, which posed some difficulties, but they were more than up to the task and got the install done very quickly.

Overall, we're very satisfied with the service from Goliath and cannot recommend them highly enough

Fantastic company

Excellent experience from start to finish. No pushy salesman tactics, great company to deal with. Very happy with system installed. Show additional information

Goliath Solar Installation

Another 5x STARS for Tom and the Team at Goliath.

Tom let me ease my way into a 9.1kwh solar system over a 3-4month process before fully jumping in, inc getting my meter changed and answering heaps of questions before even signing. The systems expectations have been set right from the get-go.

I found everything was answered truthfully and respectfully, which is all anyone wants from a company.
The install guys were great as well, on-time and courteous.

Special mention to the SOLAR QUOTES website - an oasis in a sea of innuendo and definitely helped me take the leap.

Can highly recommend GOLIATH SOLAR along with the army of other happy customers.

Great Looking Solar System

Just installed today. Have to ask a few questions tomorrow. Installation and clean up great Show additional information