Goliath Solar and Electrical

Goliath Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 28/06/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

GOLIATH SOLAR & ELECTRICAL

Founded by electrician, David Stevens in 2012 to offer a reliable alternative to the solar industry giants, Goliath Solar & Electrical have ridden the wave of boom and bust that is the solar industry to become South Australia's local solar experts. With over 7 years in business and 2,000 completed installs, we are dedicated to providing honest, professional customer service and high quality solar systems, installed by our friendly electricians to consumers across the state. We care about our clients and doing the right thing by them, which is why we promise:

We work solely with our own personally trained electricians, we don’t use sub-contractor installers

Our solar consultants come from customer service backgrounds, are technically trained in the solar industry and don’t use pushy sales techniques.

• Your quote will include everything, there will be no hidden charges.

We custom design solar systems for each and every residential and commercial property, ensuring optimum results with our pre install site visits.

• Goliath will only source reputable panels and inverters for our clients that we trust and know will last, plus all products are purchased and supported locally.

We value and appreciate our installers, their energy and commitment to doing a great job every time. Quite simply, our sparkies will take great care of you, rain, hail or shine.

Reviewers report paying: $4,500 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Goliath Solar and Electrical Reviews (947)

First time going solar, would use Goliath again!

Dan and the Goliath Solar team has been amazing, I had zero idea when it came to Solar and they were able to provide all the information required so I could make an informed decision, once it was all locked in, I was constantly updated with expected time frames.

The day of install, I wasn't home but my partner was.
They arrived ahead of schedule, got the job done quickly with minimal fuss and also tidied up after the job.
Absolutely perfect and zero complaints.
Dan then touched base with me afterwards to go over it all and answered any queries I had and also recommended some steps to take going forward to save even more money.

Would 100% recommend.

Successful Solar Installation

From quotation to installation and follow-up, Ben from Goliath was friendly, efficient and helpful. The installation was done in less than a day at the agreed time and all looks good. The system is producing way more than we need and the rest is being sold back to the grid. Ben was also helpful with advice on the best electricity plan to ask for going forward.

Excellent customer experience and attention to detail!

Everything about the process was excellent. The sales and quoting process was thorough and aligned to my expectations from research on sites like SolarQuotes. The steps for installation and what I needed to provide energy retailer was made clear over multiple phone calls and emails. The installation itself identified unexpected issues for the original planned install due to a strange dual layered roof design that would have caused cosmetic damage due to internal ceiling raft design, however the Goliath Electrical team were able to adapt on the day to provide an alternate installation design of similar performance for a different section of the house including modified hardware still within the quoted cost to ensure I was kept happy. I feel other (cheaper) providers would not have this attention to detail nor customer service so I would highly recommend Goliath Solar and Electrical as it is clear they deserve their high reviews.

Excellent service

Quoting process professional & courteous. All queries answered. Installation - arrived on time and were tidy & polite.
Customer service to date has been exceptional & hassle free.

Great experience Amazing

Easy to understand and no grey areas to overcome.
The installation was amazing the complete team were very professional polite earlier than agreed starting time and worked consistently until project was completed nothing short of a well oiled machine A Grade team effort!
The handover was clear and precise presented by the whole team after they removed all the packaging from my home.
The total experience from first enquiry to completion was how business should be AMAZING !!

Great All-Round Experience

Great customer service. Good workmanship and delivered on promises. The install crew were efficient and tidied up after themselves.

Professional and efficient

I was referred to Goliath by two other happy customers. I obtained quotes from other providers. Goliath were cost competitive, recommended quality systems and set up , they offered good suggestions for my non-standard location,their professional approach from beginning to end is what i am impressed with.

Very professional and helpful. No hard sell.

Very professional and helpful. Quality products. No hard sell. Very detailed, professional quotes. We were well informed of each step of the process and with after sale service. Very happy.

No fuss solar install with the experts

From the very start I could tell I was dealing with the best out there.
Sales process was amazing, talked through all options and was able to easily quote over the phone even though it was not a conventional setup.
I had some others quote at the same time, but they just wanted to sell me cheaper cookie cutter systems and really didn't explain the process or what would work best for us. Ben from Goliath however was great and knew what we needed after some discussions about our circumstances. He was able to recommend on what we should be looking for and what pitfalls to avoid.

Installation was made easy by the guys on the day, even though like I said it was not a conventional setup they worked through it all with ease.
I've heard some really bad stories out there from people that have had newer solar systems installed. However not here, I highly recommend Goliath! In fact I have twice in as many weeks since our install was completed.

Fantastic install

The whole process was made easy
Lots of information and all questions answered
Pleasant sales staff, never pushy
Prompt service
Competent and friendly installers
Running like a charm!!

Couldn't be happier with Goliath

I found the process to get a quote from Goliath simple and easy. The consultant we had (Ben) was extremely knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions that I had about the install. It gave me a lot of confidence leading up to install day that these guys knew what they are doing. Very happy with the install work completed by Sam and his team. They don't employ sub contractors to do the install work, they do it all in house. They made sure everything was working before they left, including the wifi connection to the app and explained how to monitor our usage/feed in. Then Ben followed up with all the required documentation and ensured we were entirely happy with the install. He also provided useful information about which retailer plan he would recommend we go with. I would have no issues recommending this local SA company to any of my friends or family.

Great customer care, neat and tidy install, local

Daniel from Goliath handled my solar from sales through to install and has been great since the install with any questions, very informative and helpful throughout the whole process, the installers were very fast and neat and tidy.

‘IMPRESSED’

Great job Guys! After getting a few quotes we became a bit disillusioned with the ‘sales pitch’ of others. Then a friend recommended Goliath, and Ben was no nonsense in his approach and information. The price was right and the explanation was clear with the different products available. They organised everything in a professional manner. We had to leave on the day of installation, and returned to a very neat and tidy job, WELL DONE! I thoroughly recommend these guys to anyone with any apprehensions. Chris.

Fantastic installer, great service

Best solar people! Helpful advice, great installation and neat works.

Highly recommended

These guys are the real deal. Proper local business that employs its own staff, not subcontractors.
Ben spoke with me at length over the phone about the type of system, the panel layout, and presented several options with some attached advice.
The installation team were all great. Professional, polite, did a great job and didn’t leave a mess afterwards.

I would highly recommend anybody in Adelaide considering solar to speak to these guys.

Fantastic All Round Service

I've been working with Goliath Solar since September 2020 when I first contacted them for a quote as part of building my new home. Goliath Solar's customer service during this period has beyond exceeded my expectations. Up until approximately July 2021 we hadn't paid a single cent to them yet but Daniel Ejneberg had been in contact with me at least once a month checking in on how the build has been going and updating me on anything I needed to know about my system.

When it came time to install it in October 2021 the installers were extremely friendly and got the job done nice and quickly. The system was up and running by lunch time the day of install and I was able to log into our online monitoring and see it all working. It's early days for us in having the solar system however I would recommend Goliath Solar on their customer service alone!

Flexible, easy and very neat installation

Tom and the Goliath team were very easy to deal with during the sales and quoting process. We had just moved into our house and had quite a bit of roofing work to do prior to install - so there were at least a couple of months between the quote being done and when we were ready for the panels. Goliath weren't pushy or anything - just super easy to deal with and flexible as can be.

The installation itself was a breeze. The installation team arrived on time (it's an early start!), went about their work, were super polite and neat throughout. The installation itself looks awesome - my one concern being in an old cottage type house is that it wouldn't fit the vibe but it does.

They also helped organise meter changes, the panel monitoring and sent through handy information on how the system operates and how to get the best out of it and my energy provider.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Goliath to anyone.

Very pleased to have such helpful and knowledgeable advice that suited our needs - and easy process through to install!

We chatted to Ben from Goliath a number of times as we started investigating getting a solar system and had many different questions that we put to him along the way. We always found him knowledgeable and friendly. He listened to our needs and gave good advice about pros and cons of various options. He never once seemed pushy or put pressure on us, and was always available for a chat to answer questions.

The design and proposal was great and the cost compared favourably to other quotes we had from reputable companies. There was lots of information provided to us in the lead-up to install, and the installation process itself went smoothly with no issues at all.

We are absolutely loving having the solar system and watching our production and usage on the Fronius App over the day - it's a great motivator to think about your energy consumption. We plan to get a battery in a few years and will happily come back to Goliath for advice! Thanks Ben and the team :)

Solar installation

Great customer service at Goliath Solar made the whole process easy from start to finish providing all of the info needed to have a full understanding of the solar system to meet my requirements.
The installation went without a problem and the team were punctual, polite and tidy. Thoroughly recommend this company to anyone seeking to have a solar system installed.

Great company to deal with, professional, knowledgably presales then backed up by sensational install

Sales and quoting process was great, asking my needs for the system plus what I wanted to get out of the system. This lead to questions about the install and to potential layout of the system (I was replacing an old 1.5kw system) do I replace or add a new system next to the old one. After discussions with the sale person I ended up going with a design of replacing the old system with a 13.2kw system and 2x5kw inverters in-case I wanted to get a battery in the future as the Powerwall will work best this way.

As a general discussion we also talked about smart home devices (not to do with the install) but this was what I wanted to achieve and just the idea gave me a new path to research down the YouTube rabbit hole.

I did go back and add a Powerwall to my install (and this was never pressured into only mentioned once on the design)
Install day, showed up when they said they would, team was Polite and got to work, showed me pictures of the panels (looked so neat) then cleaned up the front yard to the point of getting bits of wire out of the grass.

The complete process has been a pleasure and Goliath have been great to deal with in my experience

Value for Money is a subjective thing and they system I went with was not the cheapest however the value out of the install job and quality equipment was well worth it to myself

Goliath, what an excellent company

Goliath is an excellent company, from start to finish, consultation, site inspection, installation, their service was exceptional. I highly recommend them to anyone looking at installing a solar system. Their website is well designed, transparent and easy to navigate. They were extremely thorough from beginning to end, presenting the best options for my property, thoroughly professional from day one, and kept me up to date every step of the way. We went with a 7.7Kw.
The installation was well organised, the whole thing completed in one day. As a comparison, our neighbours went with an el-cheapo franchise, 3 weeks their installers were back and forwards and their system was half the size of ours and you could see the product quality just wasn’t comparable. Great communication from start to finish .After installation, everything was cleaned up, you wouldn’t even know they had been there, other than an inverter sitting on the wall. They even informed me of which energy providers were currently offering the best deals.
It’s great to see we still have some quality small businesses in our city that take such pride in their work. It is nice to be able to support a local business, and with such a great team and excellent service you won’t find better.

Outstanding customer service

Outstanding customer service from the start to the end of the process. Very impressed how Goliath Solar operates their business. Would definitely used them again and would recommend them to my family and friends.

Exceptional customer service. A truly great experience!

Starting from our first contact right through to post installation follow ups, the team at Goliath could not have conducted themselves with any greater level of integrity, honesty and professionalism.

Their organisational skills and commitment to follow through on a promise made this a totally rewarding experience.

With quality products and competitive pricing, nothing was left to chance and everything explained in a straight-forward manner (which really helps when dealing with the technicality of solar systems) I would not hesitate in recommending Goliath Solar & Electrical for your solar needs.

First timer without much solar knowledge

Very friendly service, provides adequate information tailored to someone without much knowledge of how solar works. Tailored the service to my needs

Excellent process from start to finish

The admin team did a great job at explaining how the system worked to someone that didn't really understand how a solar system worked but thanks to them I now have a greater understanding of how solar works and this is what ultimately had me choosing Goliath and they also had no hesitation in price matching a cheaper quote that I had received.

On the day of installation, the team arrived on time and introduced themselves. Although the weather for the majority of the day wasn't that great, they cracked on without a fuss, sometimes having to stop because of the weather but they kept going and got the job done in a timely manner. This all meant I could sit back and relax and not have to worry about what they were doing, they left the property as they found it which is what I'd expect from a company who takes pride in their work.
Grid connection was all pre organised by them prior to the install date as my meter required to be switched over to my current energy provider so there wasn't as much of a wait time and I am now seeing the amazing benefits that the system is providing me.

I would highly recommend Goliath Solar to anyone as their admin team went above and beyond in ensuring that I was 100% happy with what I was investing my money into and the installation team backed that up with a flawless install.

Speedy, knowledgeable, competetive

Goliath Solar, what can i say.

They made the whole process easy, quick, they answered every question and even helped me get an engineer out to sign off on the installation.

So far so good

The process of installation from initial contact to completion has been great.
What I liked about Goliath is they disclosed their prices on their website before I contacted them. This gave me the confidence to call them for a quote. As it turned out the website price was the price I paid because I didn't need a new meter or anything like that.
The installers were great and demonstrated how it all works and there's been follow up calls from the sales staff to ensure things are as they should be.

Very helpful and informative

Goliath Solar and Electrical came well recommend.Two of my work colleagues have had solar installations by Goliath and discussed they were very happy.
After chatting with Ben and the process was explained,I was more than happy to go ahead.
On the day of the installation,Tom introduced himself.After his team did the install he went through some things I need to be aware of.Such as the shutdown/restarting procedure and also explained the solar edge website for my monitoring.
There is very good backup support for the customer and the team can be contacted with any query.
Thank you.
Gary
Woodville South

A Solar Group that Strives for Personal Excellence

This company is concerned with authenticity. They came and checked the roof and whether big trees and or other houses would cause shadows. They gave me an estimate of electricity production per year which turned out to be about 10% less than the actual production. In October I will start the 7th year. The system continues to produce electricity about 10% above their quote.
They fitted the solar panels addressing my request for space on the roof for people to have access for repairs, cleaning and painting. They were punctual and tidy.

But I did have a problem with my Envoy. By the standards of the one I have now it was primitive compared to the new technology available today. However I was well supported by Goliath and continued to export to the grid notwithstanding that the Envoy seemed to be on strike every so often.

Goliath Solar Electrical employ people who care about doing the right thing and are technically very capable. I would certainly have them put my next solar system if I live long enough to need a replacement for my present gem.

Great work all round

They were very helpful, I was very impressed by their service etc very professional company.

Top service from Top to Bottom

had a issue with my old 10 yr system Rang these guys Goliath Spoke to Daniel

Great Lad got a guy out within a week done some checks on the system
Found faults.So after talking with Daniel he gave me a quote on a new
System so I got 3 more quotes Goliath quote was a bit higher but I was
Happy with there service and organization off every thing like they say
What you pay for you get but these guys done great job and had a great
Sense of humour easy to deal with from start to finish keep up the
Great work Goliath Electrical and solar team stay honest and reliable
And you will be around for many years to come. Regards Dean

Returning Customer

I had initially chosen Goliath because of their good online ratings and evident understanding of the industry, so I didn't look around when I wanted to do a new install.
Very happy with this service, especially as my second time with Goliath. The price was fair, and included additional equipment for my specific situation.
The team were on time, polite and neat, and implemented the last minute changes I requested.
Given the investment, I wanted to know it was done right.

Installation of Solar Panels

The quoting and process, with final costing was professional.
The installation was performed on the date specified and in a timely manner.
Plenty of interaction between the installer to ensure that we received what we asked for and needed.

Easiest and best company to deal with, very informative and continued support weeks after.

Great service, very informative and easy to deal with. The installation crew were very good on the day, friendly clean and efficient.
Would highly recommend Goliath Solar to everyone.

Amazing service, excellent communication.

Tom was incredibly helpful through the entire process. We knew nothing about the systems and Tom stepped us through it all, helping us to chose a system that was best for us.

Communication was amazing and continued throughout the entire process, even well after installation, to organise connection and negotiation of the best deal with a supplier.

Would could not recognize these guys enough.

Goliath's services

We undertook a new build using Goliath to supply our panels. Each of our dealings throughout the process could not have been easier.

Tom was all over the detail and the information he provided to us was clear and readily understandable. He went out of his way to remedy a late change we made to the roof and kept us informed at all times about what was going on.

All works beautifully done with minimal fuss and mess. Clear instruction on connecting to the grid and excellent personal follow up.

Use them, they're really good!

Prompt installation

Professional prompt installation.
Very happy with the service and advice.

Could not fault the entire process

The entire process was a breeze. Tom made the initial contact after my enquiry and listened to what I wanted. He the asked for my last electricity bill to review. He was the only person look via satellite my house shading since it was built - not just one day like other companies. Noting shading, Tom provided quotes for use of optimisers and without. Although he provided recommendations, he was not pushy at all.

The installation was a easy process. Managed to fit me in a week before due date due to availabilities. Prvoved a time when the installers would come and what to expect on the day. Once installed, the lead installer went the monitoring app and was happy to answer any questions. With in a couple hours post install, Tom rang again to advise that everything was complete and again asked if I had any problems or questions. He also looked up our property and explained what the system was doing at that instant, He also provided advise on what plan suited us the most with our current electricity provider.

Big take aways using Goliath
- Not pushy, advised what their quotes were and allowed efficient time for use to process it before ring every 2 mins.
- After my initial request of email correspondence or text message, he note that down and I didn't have any mis-calls from him - like numerous competitors.
- Correspondence was amazing. I was stepped all the way thru.

Thanks team. Highly recommended to friends and family.

Goliath Chosen After Copius Research

I did lots of research and narrowed the field to three installers. What tipped me in favour of Goliath was based on their willingness to engage with me and answer all my questions. This also included modifications to suit our particular needs and there was no pressure to sign up asap.
Their price was sound and I was pleased that they had their own installers, who in fact turned out to be excellent. They were punctual, respectful and courteous and they left no mess behind.
Interestingly Goliath were on my short list and they were also a recommendation by two other unrelated parties.
I was also impressed with their follow up to the installation.
I would be happy to recommend their services to family and friends.

A well informed quote made decision easy

The quote was just another quote until Daniel from Goliath Solar spent some time with us explaining a range of things that none of the other quotes we received mentioned. By far the most comprehensive advice we received and certainly the reason we went with Goliath.
The installation was booked in quite quickly and even brought forward due to bad weather on the original install date.
Ben and his team arrived on time and the whole system was installed with no fuss by the middle of the afternoon.
When the guys left you wouldn't have known they'd been there except we have had a solar system on our roof generating free energy,
It wasn't the cheapest quote but we felt we got value for money in slightly more premium panels and inverter and knowing we could rely on Goliath Solar should we have any issues. We paid extra and got a monitoring app to see how much we were generating and consuming so we could better manage our usage.

Clear, Competent and Caring

My entire experience with Goliath was exemplary. I started talking with 3 other suppliers and could not get happy with them, so I contacted Goliath. The initial conversation with their sales rep (Ben) was very helpful and clear. They installed the system on the day they promised and completed the job to what appears to be a high standard and without any hiccups. There were a couple of things they need to take care with and I was very impressed with their respect for our property and attention to those issues. The installation team was communicative, capable and efficient (nice guys too). The on-line system was installed while they were on site and when they left, I had an operational system I understood and could monitor before they left. On inspection, I had no issues with their work and they left the site spotless. 10/10! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking to install solar.

Professional and friendly

From the first phone call enquiring about a replacement system Tom and the team were terrific. They managed all my enquiries and guided me through the areas I hadn't even thought of.
The installation was the same with the friendly and polite crew on time and very efficient. They made great progress and by early afternoon had tidied everything up, including my old system, and had my replacement system up and running. All the paperwork and applications had been managed, so all that was left for me to do was watch the monitoring app they stepped me through and watch the kw coming in.

Very Professional

Ben made the process very easy to understand and also provided a very comprehensive information guide along with the quote. The installers were very professional and respectful of our business. They were also extremely clean and tidy. I highly recommend these installers.

Goliath Solar & Electrical are awesome

This is the second solar system we have had installed by Goliath and they are absolutely awesome. Their professionalism, knowledge, and courtsey are second to none. Tom provided comprehensive plans and details on the installation explaining every aspect. Tom also organised every single part of the install including the meter upgrade with AGL and connection to the grid. Sam and the team that did the installation were professional, courteous and did a fantastic job. Sam spent time explaining how to access the Fronius website and how to understand the information displayed. Our roof is quite steep which added extra challenges but Tom arranged the safety railing and that was also installed and dismantled in a very professional manner.

Do not risk your solar install to a fly by night shonky installer only go with a reputable, high quality company like Goliath Solar and Electrical.

Job well done

The sales team did a great job, not being pushy or hard sell. Questions were encouraged and answered knowledgeably. Both the pre install inspection and the on day installation team were prompt on arrival and organised. Small installation rectification were promptly discussed and fixed. System performs as intended. Great job.

Great from start to finish

It was very important to me that I had a system which could with the difficulties of my site where I have shading issues making a normal system function quite poorly. I also have a two storey house with poor access to run cables.Goliath Solar took the time to design a system which would overcome these issues and maximise solar output. The installation team did everything in a day. I now have a great system with battery and blackout protection.
he system was installed very neatly and and the system is working perfectly as designed.
It was a pleasure to deal with these very knowledgeable and capable professionals.

Fantastic customer service

Galioth solar and electrical was a great company to deal with when we purchased our solar panels. They were friendly, reliable and very knowledgeable. Daniel their sales representative was great to work with and the installation team on the day we're very friendly and kept us informed about any changes that needed to be made. We would highly recommend Galioth to anyone looking to purchases solar.

Brilliant Communication. Hassle free and value for money install.

Quoting was thorough, giving me all the options and info I may have needed. Email responses were prompt and detailed and we were kept up to speed every step of the way. Goliath took care of everything after engaging them, and was easy and convenient to have one point of contact.

Installation was delivered on time with no fuss at all, and post install direction connecting inverter to WIFI and walking us through the monitoring app made things easy as could be.

Would highly recommend Goliath. I really didn't have to do much of anything, and I have a new system on my roof generating power. If you want someone to take care of the lot, and always be available for ongoing advice at the other end of the phone, contact Goliath.

New solar

Good reputation word of mouth.

Quote and customer service was quick and effective.

Install was well organised, quick, cleaned up after the job, no mess.

Fantastic installor

Great service of sales and quoting process, very patient and clear explanation.
The installation was polite, punctual and tidy.
Excellent customer service after installation.