Green Solar Energy

Green Solar Energy Reviews

4.7

Based on 219 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Green Solar Energy is Australian-owned and offers a variety of solutions to help customers lower their energy bills and consumption. It boasts an experienced team of technical experts who can deal with all the paperwork associated with buying solar panels to make the process as easy as possible.

Only the highest quality products are used by the company, which states that it does more than simply supply and install solar panels. Customers are asked to outline their requirements so the team at Green Solar Energy can come up with a solution for their needs.

People can also receive information on government rebates and incentives.

Reviewers report paying: $3,699 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Green Solar Energy Reviews (219)

9kW

Great install

After obtaining 3 quotes, I decided to go ahead with Green Solar Energy based on the solution provided, and the pre sales engagement with Ann who was fabulous.

From purchase to installation took 8 weeks due to it being during peak, over Christmas and it's shutdown and general bad weather during the time... no complaints, Ann did warn it would be longer than usual.

The day of installation (well, Day 2, Day 1 was a washout!) was great. Richard, Mo and the team really took care and looked like they were doing a proper job. They even fixed a few broken tiles along the way. They rejigged my proposed optimizers to best suit the shading they experienced during the install.

The system itself is good. The one criticism I have, and not really any one person's fault, but I didn't oversubscribe the inverter enough (8.88kW on a 8kW inverter) and due to shading and panel orientation/roof space, I never hit 8kW (I get close enough, but it's just a bit annoying I don't reach the limit of the system). I could of in theory got a 7kW Fronius inverter, but I don't think the price differential is that much.

Post sales support was excellent. I initially had an issue where I wasn't generating close to 8kW due to overvoltage from the grid, but with the teams help, I logged call with my energy wholesaler who came out and put a tap on the transformer to drop the voltage, which then fixed that issue.

So overall, happy with the solution and would highly recommend Green Solar Energy

Hide Nicholas's Comment

Richard and Mahmoud

From the outset, Richard was very friendly and professional, explaining the process, what I could expect, the duration and details of the system chosen. When the remainder of the team arrived, I was dealing with both Richard and Mahmoud and I was impressed that they operated interchangeably. In total, there were three within the team and each blended well and had fun whilst maintaining their professionalism.

Richard also went above and beyond that expected by replacing a number of suspicious roof tiles and correcting flushing to ensure the roof was water tight. Even the moving of the antenna and whirlybird were done quickly and efficiently without issue. When the system was completed, Mahmoud spent the necessary time to ensure that my wife and I understood the system and that all the required set ups and connections with the app and our power provider were completed, operational and understood. A great team, one which I would highly recommend. Thanks guys.

Hide Mario's Comment

Micro-inverter System

Green Solar Energy provided a micro-inverter residential system. Good value quote and very professional installation. Friendly team and the finished work is neat and they cleaned up extremely well.

Hide Phil's Comment

Excellent customer service

Ann has good knowledge of the panels and inverters, was great with answering all questions and replying to emails promptly. Installation went very smoothly, Mahmoud and his team were very friendly they completed the job ahead of schedule and left the property clean and tidy.

Hide Melissa's Comment

8kW

Five star

Outstanding experience from start to finish. The guys that installed were personable, professional, punctual and tidy. I Highly recommend Green Solar Energy- work colleagues recommended them to me and I’ll be doing the same.

Hide Nathan's Comment

Great Installer

After a month full of research and a handful phone calls with Ann, we decided to get Green Solar Energy to install our solar panels. Ann has shown an outstanding customer service and been really helpful (& super patient!!!) with all the queries we have. We had Richard inspected our roof prior to installation and he kindly replaced a few broken tiles on that day. The team (Mahmoud, Richard and 2 others) came early on the day and professionally installed 28 panels neatly and also installed the inverter in my garage(another reason for me to choose Green solar energy). So far, the system has been working pretty well and without any hiccups. We will recommend Green Solar Energy to anyone who is looking for quality installation, amazing team, competitive package and impeccable service.

Thank you Steven,much appreciate the review

$12,500 to $15,000

Excellent service

We approached Green Solar Energy after a recommendation from a family member who had used them. We found their service to be outstanding. Ann was the first point of contact, she was very resourceful and helpful and provided several options and quotes. The installers arrived on time, were professional, courteous and reliable. The job looks amazing! We are very impressed and happy with the overall service and with the product we received and would highly recommend this company.

Thank you Andrea, your review is appreciated
Hide Andrea's Comment

No Battery (Other)

Fantastic Sales/Installers... Very Recommended

Very Happy with Green Solar Enegy
They gave me various no of Quotes matching multiple needs and prices.

Communication is great when u call the company and great follow up with bookings

Installers are terrific, very friendly and proffesional. They also assisted me fixing some issues on the house roof.

10/10 Very recommended

Thank you Amir, very nice of you to give us a great review
Hide Amir's Comment

Excellent service from Richard - installer and Ann

Initial quote was with Ann who was knowledgeable and provided excellent advise . Precise, efficient and quick to respond. Richard the installer was professional , polite and tidy . Went out of his way to explain the process .

Hide Mary's Comment

Hugely Disappointed

We selected this team as they seemed to be well thought of, particularly in regional installations. We selected a premium system and they were flexible in negotiating an agree able price. All seemed well ahead of install.

We repeatedly asked if they wanted to do a pre-insall inspection and they declined multiple times, asking instead for many photos, which were supplied, of the roof, the interior f the structure it was going on, the electrical boards in both main and sib boards and the insides of those boards showing wiring. The night before the install was booked, they knocked on our door and asked to hav a look since they'd just gotten into town. Then followed much head shaking and much doubt on whether it would all work, their inability to mount the inverter to the structure and the size of the wiring and wireless communication from inside a full metal shed ( also known as a Faraday Cage) The next day they rushed through the installing about 5 hours. The wiring was touted as a huge concern and a mysterious 567 error was pointed out as being an ongoing issue. I offered to call my electrician and have this explained to him and they wouldn't wait 10 minutes for him to arrive.

Then followed some closer inspection. The brackets they'd used had flat feet on our corrugated colour bond roof, so many were crooked. This resulted in panels not being clipped to the rails. There was no expansion gap between panels, so they whole system bowed on a hot day. the cable from the house to the shed, about 14m was not upgraded to the correct spa, despite the quote providing for up tp 30m, the frames of several panels had the anodising scuffed off. I had to drive to the nearest large Bunnings, a round trip of 120km to purchase brackets for the inverter mounting. They used a piece of my MDF and 2x4 to mount the Fronius inverter along with a ethernet-over-powerline adapter to get communicationsfrom inside the all-metal garage.. We received about 2 minutes instruction. After several phone calls asking to have things made right, they became increasingly belligerent.

We asked for and received excellent help from SolarQuotes.com.au in trying to mediate the interactions, even arranging for an indecent installer to come and inspect the work. The end result was that we had it all removed and managed to get our money back. What a disaster and extremely stressful. The experience of the next people we used was chalk and cheese. Inspections, time spent explaining, responsive. I speculate that Green Solar may have botched our install due to rushing to get it down before the end of the year. In any event their belligerent and aggressive attitude towards dealing with us and our concerns would prompt me to never recommend them to anyone, and certainly not in a regional area.
Hide Reg's Comment

7kW

Excellent in every respect

The quoting process took account of my particular requirements and fresh quotes were prompt when I made some changes. Ann was professional and courteous.

A string of bad weather delayed installation but that was reasonable and anticipated. The installation team headed by Richard was on time and the work done smoothly. I had a couple of minor cracks in the tiles that Richard picked up, fixed and replaced as part of the process. Communication was good and he made some adjustments to positioning to take account of my preferences.

Mahmoud completed the electrical installation, gave me a good run down on the system overall process to get a smart meter and answered all my questions.

The system has been running for six weeks now, fault free and I'm pretty happy with the process and the outcome.

Thank you John, appreciate the review

Inverter Brand

Smooth Transaction from Start to Finished.

Smooth Transaction from start to finished. Ann was very helpful since the beginning of the my application until the time the system has been installed. We also want to thank Mamoud and his team for the installation of the system. Good job team Green Solar Energy.

Hide Jesus's Comment

Original Review on 22-06-2020:

A complex installation done well, and looks good too.

I requested and received numerous quotes and variations of options for this job as I tried to work out the best system for a complex roof with some shading issues and some uncertainties about feasible panel layouts. There was sometimes confusion in the supplier's office about what they were quoting on and what I wanted. Most of the customer liaison seems to come down to one very hard working person who was sometimes clearly overwhelmed. I ended up designing my own layout using NearMap's plug-in, but knowing that what might be able to be installed could be different. I went with this supplier as I'd dealt with them before and had a good result on another site, though they had supplied an inverter different to what was specified - hopefully better, but certainly larger capacity; but also because they were very cost-competitive, even against larger Sydney-based firms; and because they were prepared to get me exactly what I wanted (some firms couldn't get the panels, others promoted different brands, and some good get the panels but not at a competitive price). My electricity retailer said they needed 14 days notice pre-installation to arrange the smart meter installation. The solar supplier only gave me 6 days notice, despite having been advised in writing of the 14 day requirement - again, a symptom of the office being under-staffed, but I figure that's partly why they're relatively cheaper than some bigger firms with more staff. No dramas but it meant there was a greater delay between installation and when the meter was provided. No problems with the installation beyond the variations I'd been prepared for i.e. not being able to provide the exact layout that I wanted, but the same number of panels were provided and largely with the same orientations. The roof trusses and other structures limited what could be done, but the result was still good, and the all-black panels get lots of favourable comments from neighbours (two of whom have since sought quotes for solar power) and visitors. The team put in plenty of hard work and two days of labour to get the job done well. The panels sit relatively high above the tiles but that's an advantage in a declared bushfire prone area, as leaves are much less likely to accumulate under panels. The Envoy monitoring software works well and provides great information about panel performance and electricity use. It helped to detect a problem with the activation time of a new heat pump HWS, which was readily corrected. Very friendly folks and very helpful, including with little things like Ethernet cabling of the system rather than relying in WiFi (both options remain available). Some other providers wanted to charge extra for such things but GSE did it in what was already a competitive price. No hesitation in recommending them again, but it might be good if the office was given a bit more support to avoid being overloaded by responding to quotes etc.

Follow Up Review on 17-01-2021:

Yes, the system is performing as expected and negates electricity bills net across a year, or at worst, renders the annual bill tiny. Also pleased to see that I can turn off my Wifi at night without loosing data from the Enphase Envoy system, which apparently stores data until the Wifi is reconnected, then uploads it, so I can still see what little energy use occurred overnight.

Inverter Brand

Great installer and well accomplished project

To be true it's not an easy task to pick the right solar product and the installer. Luck enough you got me to this Green Solar Energy, who got the job done beautifully. The process of getting quote and installation were very smooth. The installation was carried out professionally on time even it's very busy before Christmas. Not only got the system installed the team also fixed few cracked roof tiles and replaced a faulty fuse box on switch board for free.

Thank you Jack, much appreciate the review
Hide Jack's Comment

Pleasure to deal with

The team did a great job on my install. Very happy with the finished result. Excellent technical knowledge, pre sales, and the installation team cared about the quality of their workmanship. Thanks to R who did the extra little things too! I chose this company because of the great reviews and they did not disappoint.

Hide Charles's Comment

Inverter Brand

This company lived up to all expectations and commitments promised.

The quoting and installation process was faultless,
Come early on the day as booked a as bd left when everything was finished, no mess or damages done,
You couldn’t even tell they were on site after they left.
We highly recommend this company.

Thank you Frank for a wonderful review
Hide Frank's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great professional company. Fast install.

High end professional. Instal on time, they worked tirelessly. Kept me informed thru install.

Thanks Greg,much appreciated
Hide Greg's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very good people, professional installation team

Ann is a both professional solar consultant and caring person. During the consultation process she kindly and patiently answered all our questions, she has always responded to our inquiries within 24 hours, most of time I got feedback from her at the same day. I know that’s not easy for her because I chose the busiest time of a year for solar installation.

And after knowing that our electricity retailer advised that it would take up to 20 days to re-configure our meter, Ann managed to put our case in priority list and liaised with their technical team to get our system installed two weeks earlier than previously scheduled. She did her best to make all this happen for us so that we could start using our solar system before Christmas.

The installation team led by Mahmoud and Richard is professional and very experienced, they also kindly and patiently answered all my questions while getting the installation job done in a very efficient manner. Mahmoud also kindly set up the solar system monitoring app for me, and he sent all the paperwork required by the retailer for grid connection to me in a timely manner. And he also gave me his own mobile and said I can call him with any questions.

They are good people and a professional team. We’re grateful for what we’ve experienced.

Great Solar Experience

We have been very happy from start to finish. The quoting and administration process was made simple. No over selling of the products and services. Easy to understand information and clarifications. Special thanks to Ann. Delivery dates were met. Installation was handled in a confident and professional manner. All site staff were pleasant and helpful. Information provided after the Installation was uncomplicated. Overall a very good experience.

Thank you Darrel, such a nice review.Thank you!
Hide Darrel's Comment

Inverter Brand

No battery but I cannot deselect an option. (Other)

Great Experience

I obtained 4 quotes in total and the one from Green Solar Energy stood out as the most professional - by far. Their pricing was competitive too but my main reason for selecting them was the quality of their proposal and sales process.

There was absolutely no hard sell and Anne patiently and professionally answered all my questions.

There were a few false starts and some communication wrinkles with an installation start date due to the weather but they did everything they could to install it by my required date, which they did. They installed approx 5 weeks from sign up date.

The installation itself went extremely well. The guys were polite, efficient and extremely hard working. They left the place clean and tidy and ensured I was all set up with the app.

It’s been 3 weeks since the install and the system has performed as expected and I’ve encountered no problems with any damage etc.

I have no reason not to recommend Green Energy Solar.

Thank you Steve,appreciate the great review
Hide Steve's Comment

7kW

Hyundai Solar

Inverter Brand

Fantastic sales and installation team!

Sales and quoting process were quick and Sales were very responsive. I talked a sales lady an year ago before I finally decided to go with Green solar and when I contact a sales lady she was still remember me!
Installation was done very professionally and all installation team members are polite and kind.

Hide Min's Comment

$12,500 to $15,000

Great service, great quality

Everything from start to finish was smooth. Quoting, scheduling, installation was all great.
Hide Nik's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent Customer Service & Price!

The quoting process was easy, even after I asked for various options. Green Solar Energy was quick to return calls and prices.
The install was organised in advanced at a time that suited myself. The install team were on time, quick to install the system & left the place tidy after finishing.
They were the best price for a quality system. I was referred to Green Solar Energy by others in town that have had the same great experience. Customer service was great, even with some post installation questions. I highly recommend Green Solar Energy.

Hide Matt's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great installation & assistance to get the app to run on my iPhone

The installer's were great & no questions were to much for them to answer & the adminerstrater Ann was very knowledgeable and assisting to all my queries & requests
Hide Timothy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Felt green solar energy of all the supplier I dealt with were least pushy had the time available to answer my questions properly, and provide end to end service reliable as in market over

All left me with positive response and that they were there to support me through the future years.
Hide Tom 's Comment

Canadian Solar Inc

professional Installers

The people from green solar energy were very professional and had good knowledge of solar installation.
Hide Gary's Comment

8kW

Inverter Brand

very happy with the result

After getting 4 quotes , finally chose green solar energy , they did a very professional job , very impressed with the attentional to detail, not pushy at all with the quote, gave me the products I had chosen for a very reasonable price, Mahmoud returned on the weekend to set up the inverter with my internet and smartphone. I have an old system, which other companies wanted to remove, but Mahmoud suggested as it was still working well although only a 2KW system to leave in place to run alongside the new system, everything seems to be working well ,great result.
Hide Shareef's Comment

Canadian Solar Inc

Very professional

Did a great job. Very professional and even changed several tiles that had been broken from previous install.Also give me the heads up about a couple of cracked tiles further up roof which they silastic up for me until I can get some more tiles.Would highly recommend.
Hide Gary's Comment

Great Team & Service

From the very beginning, Ann answered all my questions and was very helpful.
Richard and Mo, highly efficient, tidy and very informative. What a Great Team!
Highly recommend.
Hide Dave's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent installation and great experience

I was looking for a quality system installed properly by a reputable installer with good support. I have a rural block with shading issues from trees shading different panels at different times of the day and a complicated electrical connection connection to the grid. I got quotes from multiple companies over a 1 year period. Ann was helpful and patient with all of my questions and gave me several options to consider with quotes. She recommended what she thought would be best but never applied any sales pressure. I got microinverters which ended up costing less than a quality string inverter with lots of optimisers.

Installation was neat and professional. After signing the contract, It was 6 weeks before installation. I was able to request a day at the end of the week. They booked a day three weeks in advance, weather permitting and confirmed the week before. Mahmoud and other installers took the time to discuss the plan with me. The installation was well organised with no mess left behind. They tested the system and showed me how to use the monitoring app before they left. My system is producing more than I expected, 27KWh per day in August/Sept. I can't wait to see what it will produce in summer.

I have rung a couple times since to ask questions and found them very helpful.

I would definitely recommend them.
Hide Debbie's Comment

Great quality install

The quoting was prompt and answered all of the questions. The installation was on the day specified and on time with the installers very helpful with instructions etc. Recommend Green Solar Energy for a great installation at a reasonable price.
Hide Keith's Comment

3/5

Satisfied customer.

Quoting process was thorough and transparent, with all available options covered. Pricing was surprisingly competitive.

Installation went smoothly, although the finished look to my eyes is a little rough around the edges.
Not as neat & sleek looking as my both my neighbours, which was a bit of a let down. I perhaps should have done more research on mounting hardware options.

Overall service and experience was positive.
Hide Duncan's Comment

Good people

Quote was professional.
Installers polite, punctual and helpful..
Owner of company was on the tools.
Sent paper work for connection, but electricity provider needed paper work to be done by me..
Hide Peter's Comment

Inverter Brand

So happy with the installation from green solar energy.

They were easy to contact. professional, installation in a timely manner, helped with the grid connection and new smart meter. They helped in every way. Their quote was cheeper than other quotes with the same type of panels and number of panels. I would recommend them to anyone.
Hide Lois's Comment

20kW

$10,000 to $12,500

Inverter Brand

Knowledgeable sales and efficient, tidy installation

Green Solar Energy's sales process was responsive and helpful and this carried on through the entire order and installation process, even when having to deal with poor weather on the originally scheduled day.
Hide KC's Comment

Inverter Brand

Top job installer, take care safety, your roof and panels. Highly recommended.

Here my experience with Green Solar Energy
Start from the quote and to outline that I have an existing old 1.5KW old system to be removed and to put a new system.
Ann from the office was very helpful and patient in responding to my request for quote variations. I also have a lot of questions about solar and Ann can give me some advice with confidence. At that time, I shortlisted 3 candidate solar installers and finally I selected Green Solar Energy. Paperwork is very straightforward and my installation date is less than 2 weeks.

During the installation date they turn up on time, Richard, Moh start the job first and then Mahmood comes in the afternoon.
I give huge credit to Richard and team for the job they have done. They take care of every single aspect and do the job properly. They make sure your roof does not leak and tidy up my old solar panels neatly after removing them. They stack my old panels together, lean on the wall and put some panel protection to make sure the wall and panels are not damaged.
I don’t think everyone will think of something like this. (please see photo attached)
They are very friendly and very good to talk with and will answer your question and give you some advice.
Mahmoud did the electrician part and he gave advice on where is the best way to put the inverter. They take care of safety and handle the panels carefully one by one. The end result is very good. The app recorded system is running properly without any issue, Roof panels installation neat, Inverter installation cabling also neat.
I have also included some photos post installation.

My final words, I strongly recommended Green Solar Energy to my family and friends for their services.
Hide Edy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great solar package installed by a great, honest team

As with everything I buy, I thoroughly researched and obsessed over panels, inverters, FIT and installers before settling on a package. I knew what type of system I was after (Good value quality components recommended by independent installers [Solar Q&A Group on Facebook] and good local warranty/support) what I wanted to pay for it and the quality of install I expected.. I contacted Ann at Green Solar Energy after seeing glowing reviews on Solar Quotes and other forums and negotiated a package which ticked all the boxes. Mahmoud, Richard and another installer (didn't catch his name) attended my property, answered all my questions and were just a great bunch of honest guys, who were genuinely interested in providing me with the best quality install and customer service.

The install was conducted over two days as it rained midway through the first day, all wiring was hidden into the roof space and wall cavities and 5kw Sungrow inverter was installed neatly inside my garage. No spaghetti run of conduit like I've seen with other installers, these guys were pros! I had an array of 18 black frame Longi 370W panels neatly installed on my north facing roof and these blend in so nicely with my tiles and have generated great output since install.

I've had my solar connected for the past two weeks and am achieving roughly 30kw a day in the middle of winter from my 6.6kw/5kw system. Pretty happy with that! I've since organised to have the same system installed for my in-laws and referred another two people to Green Solar Energy.

I've seen some solar horror stories, but this team just make everything easy.

Hide Rooz's Comment

Great experience

The solar installation quoting process was very eye opening. In no other recent type of purchase I've undertaken has the overall sales tactics been so aggressive and unpleasant. Some retailers once they had my number would sms and call me constantly trying to make me commit, even using different number when I blocked the previous numbers as spam.

Green Solar Energy on the other hand were magnificent from the start. Ann was wonderful providing me with multiple quotes, answering my questions, and only communicating with me in response to my requests. Absolutely no pressure was applied. When I stopped the process for 6 months, then inquired with Ann again, she picked straight up where we left off and offered a better system for the same price. It was a really nice process.

Their price wasn't the cheapest, but it was very competitive. And the products offered for the price were top notch. After accepting their quote and having the deposit clear they scheduled a time for installation weeks inside the earlier specified waiting time.

Mahmoud and the guys turned up on a horrible freezing, raining morning, and did an excellent job explaining what was to happen. They suggested a better spot for the inverter than I had planned to minimize cable run, noise and weather exposure. They completed the work quickly and extremely neatly, and went into great detail on what I had to do next.

That evening I had an unrelated issue with our ducted gas heating. I called to get some information on what they did and was called back straight away by Mahmoud. On his own time he researched and sent me solutions to my problem. In the end the problem wasn't at all related to what was done. But it impressed me that they were so willing to help.

The end system is performing flawlessly. I'm so happy with it. Green Solar Energy is a quality company, and I'm so glad we chose them.

Hide Damian's Comment

Thoroughly recommended

From start to finish Green Solar Energy was a pleasure to deal with. Ann, at the end of the phone was patient with different quotes and questions and even upgraded my panels to a larger wattage for no increase in price. Green Solar Energy does not use contractors and their installers were fantastic and even worked in the dark to complete the installation. My old solar panels were even removed from the roof free of charge (after negotiation). They returned the next day to check out the system (in daylight!). Having an electrical background myself I was able to check the installation and I could not fault it. Very professional. My only critisism is that they were too busy to accept my offer of cups of tea/coffee!
All in all a very painless process.
Hide Paul's Comment

REC

Inverter Brand

Great installation - efficient, considerate, highly professional

Green Solar gave helpful advice and thoughtful consideration of our specific needs and concerns with quick turn around in responding to my questions and requests for additional information and a quote variation.

The elapsed time between my acceptance of the quote to installation was pretty well within the time frame they'd given me. The installation went very well - the installers are very professional and obviously have a wealth of experience. I was very appreciative of their attention to detail, neat work & care to minimise impact on the garden and surroundings.

I chose Green Solar even though they're not local, after meeting them & seeing the excellent job they did on my neighbour's more difficult roof installation. I had had some other quotes and discussions with installers in the past, but held off as they had not given me the same level of confidence in their advice or abilities. So any price premium of using installers from out of the area was easy to justify. Green Solar were also in agreement with my preference for micro-inverters due to our occasional shading issues, whereas other installers had tried to convince me not to go that route.
Hide David's Comment

Excellence install.

The quote was pretty standard through the nearmap application or the like. However, Ann from the office was very helpful and patience in responding to my endless request for quote variations. I did ask for many quotes from various installers. Green Solar Energy was not the cheapest, however, from speaking to Ann and Mahmoud (the solar expert who did the site inspection on my request), i felt that they are decent and felt more comfortable putting my business with them. Additionally, they have been around for a long time as well.

I felt the wait after deposit payment was a bit long, but I am glad its over now.

Three persons (Mahmoud himself, Richard and another guy (didn't catch his name) did the installation.They took a very good care of the panels during unloading and preparation, the installation took two days as planned, no rush job, just a care toward the hardware and their safety, very well executed. Watching them taking a good care of the hardware during installation gave me a great comfort. The installation is very neat and went almost as planned On day two, Mahmoud decided to change plan. He insisted to place the inverter in my garage rather than outside next to the switchboard which created more work for them as they needed to run the cable across through the ceiling. For me its a good surprised. After the installation i learnt how valuable it is to have the inverter in the garage on top of providing protection from the elements.
On completion, i was shown the shutdown procedure, going through the inverter menu and the monitoring app. They cleaned up the site pretty well.

Post installation:
Like most others, in the first few days after installation, i was too keen in checking the app and the inverter. During this time, i accidentally disabled the Solar Net which disabled the datalogger. I called Mahmoud but he was not available to come he had project out of Sydney for the week. The following week he rang me after dinner and insisted to fix my issue when i was not that keen, but went with it. I am gladi did. We spent about 15-30 minutes on the phone to fix the issue. I was in the garage and it was cold! This is when i realised how valuable having the inverter in the garage (it would be really bad if installed outside then).

I organised the grid connection myself, just a phone call away (no biggie), although will be an even better experience if they did.

All in all, I highly recommend Green Solar Energy. I have recommended them to others multiple times.

Hide Jackson's Comment

Original Review on 10-09-2019:

Very professional

Quote was fine ( with a bit of good advice from you). Installation was very good & quick 1 week after quote. Yes they did a help the grid connection

Follow Up Review on 11-05-2020:

Yes we have had 2 bills 1 $320 credit , 2 nd $180 in credit & we are able to run the spa as well Very pleased with the setup thanks for your advice John Horswell

Green Solar Energy did an excellent job

Great installer. Have installed two systems with them. Both installations are working well and the team did a very neat and professional job on both. Would thoroughly recommend Green Solar Energy
Hide Ian's Comment

3kW

Original Review on 06-09-2019:

They went the extra mile

Sales staff were knowledgeable and flexible in their design of my solar system and prompt in getting back to me with variation prices. Richard and Henry were very friendly, and happy to answer any questions. Despite a late finish they did a great job on tidying up and sorted out some problems in my meter box.
I had to have my TV antenna relocated and urge others who need to do this to shop around or to ask the solar panel installer what their price is. My antenna relocation cost me $750 !!

Follow Up Review on 03-05-2020:

Yes, it was installed on my mother’s home to generate enough power to ensure that she has no net electricity bill across the year. This newer system is 3.6 kW east/west and there’s and older poly panel 3 kW north system. Together, they generate enough power to generate no net power bill, including service availability and other charges. Household is now all electric, having ditched gas stove and gas ducted heating, and replaced with ceramic element stove and two MHI split heat pump A/Cs that provide the advantage of both heating and cooling. No more gas service charge of $50 per quarter whether gas is used or not. HWS is a Sanden Eco, which is super quiet and very efficient. Good quality wood fireplace deals with the worst of winter. This combination is a dream for an aged pensioner in terms of no bill shocks and no outgoings for electricity or gas.

Solis (Other)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Our experience from the very beginning started off with Ann. She was lovely, patient, very knowledgeable and helpful. I had gone back and forth with her changing this and changing that, and she was always accommodating, and never pushy. On installation day, the boys were great! Kept me informed with any changes or suggestions they wanted to make. They did such a good job, that I even referred them to my sister, and told her she does not need to look else where. The installation was very neat and tidy, and I've very picky. And once complete, all the paperwork was ready for me just to sign and send off to Origin. I can't recommend these guys enough!
Hide Daniel's Comment

Original Review on 29-08-2019:

Quality service, quality materials, quality installation

The sales quoting process was very professional. All my questions were answered and during that process of gaining clarification and also having to compare different systems in the different quotes, I was never pressured to buy.

The installation was excellent. The installers turned up on time and were very friendly and courteous. Highly recommend their work.
The grid connection was seamless and all of the work that was needed to be done to ensure that I could read the solar panel production and our consumption from my phone/computer was done by Green Solar. I highly recommend this company.

Follow Up Review on 29-04-2020:

Yes, our system has and is performing to our expectations. We had to change our internet which meant a different wifi which meant the Emphase solar data collection and reporting stopped. I contacted Green Energy Solar which supplied and installed our system and they were very happy to advise what I needed to do to reactivate my readings. I continue to strongly recommend Green Solar.
Hide Peter 's Comment

Professional Installation

The Sales consultant was very helpful and answered all questions. Very professional.
The people who came and did the installation arrived on time went through with us the placement of the Solar panels prior to going ahead with the installation were very courteous and went through how to read the inverter.

Very happy.

Opal Solar

Solis (Ningbo Ginlong)

Great Value for Money

Ann was our sales consultant and she gave us a good discount for a 6.6kw solar system including 21 opal solar panels and Solis 4g inverter. After we agreed on the price, the installation took place after 18day and Mahmoud and Richard and another installer (forgot the name) were the team who installed the system to our roof. Installation started from 9am and was done by 430pm. Mahmoud was very kind enough to place the inverter inside the garage with my request (which is very difficult, they needed to climb inside the roof manhole and thread the powerlines into the garage). The inverter is now safely nested inside the garage away from sun and rain. Richard gave me the final safety instructions and how to disable the system in any untoward event. The installation team was very tidy. They cleaned the workspace and the wirings and puncture wall holes were done with detail and accuracy. Customer service was very reasonable, my emails were answered very promptly by Ann. Overall im one very satisfied customer. Thank you Green Solar Energy Team.
Hide Jc's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very happy with entire process from initial quote to installation.

My initial contact was with Ann, who gave me all the information required for an informed decision. I was kept up to date with the progress of my order and given a realistic time frame for installation. Mahmoud and Richard arrived right on time to carry out the installation quickly and efficiently. There was a minor obstacle that was quickly overcome, and the install did not skip a beat. I am very happy with the end product. The inverter and panels appear to be working well, and all the necessary paperwork has been supplied by Green Solar Energy to finalise the installation. I am now just waiting for Origin Energy to adjust the metering to complete the process.
Hide DUNCAN's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

LG

Great Price. Great Install and took extra care to make everything was 100%

Very easy to deal with and not pushy during the quoting process as well as a great price.
During quoting they provided a few options rather than just one and explained the negatives and positives of the options.
Installation was perfect took extra care around some fragile roof tiles and even went the extra mile where they sealed a few and properly installed all the cabling with no overhangs or loose wiring.
Very tidy cleaned everything up on completion.
They arrived onsite as agreed and all the installers were polite and helpful with all my questions.
Customer service was outstanding as they took their time to explain what they are doing and how the system and application works.
They explained the documentaion and what the next steps are and what they have to do and what I have to do.
I am a service manager in my day job and these guys did an excellent job and I highly recommend them.

Hide Steve's Comment