Green Solar Energy

Green Solar Energy Reviews

Green Solar Energy is Australian-owned and offers a variety of solutions to help customers lower their energy bills and consumption. It boasts an experienced team of technical experts who can deal with all the paperwork associated with buying solar panels to make the process as easy as possible.

Only the highest quality products are used by the company, which states that it does more than simply supply and install solar panels. Customers are asked to outline their requirements so the team at Green Solar Energy can come up with a solution for their needs.

People can also receive information on government rebates and incentives.

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $10,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Green Solar Energy Reviews (252)

Very Happy to Deal with Green Solar Energy

Green Solar Energy has provided a very good 6.63 KW solar system installation.
Customer service is excellent.
Installation crew were friendly and left the site clean. Their workmanship is great!!!

Highly recommended. Quality and pressuonal installation.

6 months ago I obtained a quote.from Ann at Green Solar who was professional and knowledgeable. I put the project.on hold while I reviewed my bills. Recently I got a couple of quotes from other installers and they hassled me for a sale. I contacted Ann who readily provided another qute for.a quality system with a reasonable price. Richard and Mo, including the rest of the team were prompt, professional and very obliging. I would highly recommend this company for a quality installation of a solar system.

Quality Install

Very pleased with the whole process from initial quotes to after sales service.
Proposal was comprehensive and produced in a timely manner.
Installation team very professional and helpful. All paperwork comprehensively completed.

10/10 great installers

Process was great start to finish not pushy and professionally done job

We appreciate the review

Amazing experience with prompt installation

We started our solar energy with lots of market research and quotes from various companies and landed at Solar Quotes which gave 3 companies contacts. One of them was Green Solar Energy. Ann from Green Solar Energy contacted immediately and asked the right questions and provided with the quote. On comparison with others (my prior market research) Green Solar Energy advised with quality products QCells panels and Fronius inverter 9KW at the best price. The installation was smooth and completed on the same day. The installers Richard and Mohammed answered patiently all the questions before proceeding to installation. They also helped in making calls with my energy retailer and completing the process. Overall Green Solar Energy earned a happy customer. Thanks Solar Quotes for pointing in the right direction.

We really appreciate the wonderful review and it is our pleasure to have you as our customer

Professional Installation

I had used Green Solar Energy some five years ago to install a 7 kW SMA inverter and 6.2kW of Trina solar panels. That installation has not missed a beat since then.

This year, I decided to upgrade the solar panels on an older single phase system that had been installed originally in 2010. The inverter on that system had to be replaced a couple of years ago, and I now decided to update the panels.

Green Solar Energy were my first choice. The work was carried out within a few days of getting the quote, and I am extremely pleased with the quality of worksmanship and attention to detail that Mahmoud and Richard put into the system. They are ably supported by Ann who does all the background organising and customer liaison.

Even though this was just an "easy" panel update, they did not cut any corners and updated the mounting system, the DC cabling and my inverter firmware to meet the new standards.

I have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone looking for an honest and professional installer.

We appreciate your review very much
It is a pleasure to have you as our repeat customer

Fantastic Installation with Happy team great Customer consultant

Since Started the quote Sales Consultant Ann was Great and helpful. All the information received was well and truly precise and fast pace
And the installation team Masood (Electrician), Richard and Yousuf are awesome hard working and happy people to work with.
They are very mutual understanding good team working people
Highly recommended their service.

Thank you Raveen for a wonderful review

Great Customer Service and Communication

Obtaining the quote was straightforward. An initial quote was provided based on the information I gave. When I haven't responded, a phone call followed, which I really appreciated. The sales consultant was not overtly pushy and appeared professional throughout. When I explained I require a smaller system, another quote was quickly provided based on my request.

I chose this company partly on the competitive price it offered, the great customer service and the reviews on Solar Quotes.

From this point onwards, I was dealing with the same person until installation. As I'm not familiar with the solar installation process, the consultant patiently answered all my questions, explained what the next steps are and followed up on outstanding issues to ensure the installation is not delay.
I just had my system installed by a great team. There were a team of four people who arrived at the scheduled time. The installation took longer than I thought but it was done in a day. After the installation, the team leader explained how the system works, how to turn on and off the system should I need to and also how to install the app to monitor consumption.

I am very happy so far. Though it's too early to comment on the quality of the solar system or the worksmanship of the installation, the great and professional service gives me confidence in this new system. Hopefully, it'll last for years to come.

Thank you Jason, such a wonderful review, we sincerely thank you

Excellent installers and courteous

All done and installed in a professional manner
First class customer service

Thank you Nabil, we really appreciate that you took your time out of the busy day to write us a nice review.
We love having you as our customer !
Thank you !

Fantastic and friendly installer

Ann from Green Energy Solar provided a very good and friendly service, she explained very detail on the phone, very patient and follow up with call back if she missed my call.
The installation team are fantastic and Richard especially did an exceptional job and outstanding service.
I would recommend to anyone who wish to install their solar in future.

Great customer service! Beautiful installation!

It was a long and arduous process for me to find a good and trustworthy solar installer that can offer the best deal for what I need. After months of research and shopping around with various installers, luckily I was able to find Green Solar Energy through SolarQuotes.

Ann at Green Solar Energy was very helpful and patient at understanding my requirements and offering a competitive quote with the inverter and solar panel brands I prefer. She also even provided information on where I can buy spare roof tiles near our home before the installation and she walked me through the whole process and what to expect. Ann even offered a better solar panel package on the same brand (Trina) to what I originally ordered a few days before the installation due to availability issues with the original panels I ordered, with slightly more kW for me at no additional cost!

Richard and his team did a great job in installing the Trina solar panels and Fronius inverter. The panels look beautiful on my north-facing roof and the inverter was installed conveniently outdoor on my south-facing wall next to my meter box. Everything was done very professionally and they cleaned up everything before they left. They even went the extra mile by repairing and replacing all my broken roof tiles throughout my two-storey house. These roof tiles were already broken long before the installation and I was not even aware of it and the water damage it was causing until Richard pointed them out to me. So they replaced the broken roof tiles even on the roof area that are not part of the solar panel installation, and again all at no additional cost!

Mahmoud the electrician was also very helpful in setting up the Fronius web app on my mobile phone so I can monitor the electricity being generated by my brand new solar panel system.

Overall it was a great job from start to finish. I highly recommend Green Solar Energy and will recommend them to family and friends.

Thank you Alan for the wonderful review
It is a pleasure to have you as our customer

Excellent service

Excellent service from them! Patiently gave me multiple quotes as I wanted a range from low range to top range. Then multiple quotes of different amount of KW system, but they gave everything I required with no fuss.

Came installed on schedule and explained to me the efficiency of placements, and cons of the surrounding trees on which one to trim.

Fixed a dodgy electrical job in the switchboard from previous electricians and then explained how to install the app to monitor the solar usage.

Thank you Karson for such a nice review

A great company

I would highly recommend Green Energy Solar for your solar needs and installation. From my initial inquiry and getting a number quotes from Ann on different solar options, she was very helpful and always very eager to assist.

The installation team led by Mo and Richard did a fantastic job on the day and nothing was too much trouble and their workmanship was first class. Richard even stayed behind to do a small painting job for me on the roof around a skylight.

Thank you again to the wonderful team at Green Energy solar.

Green Solar Energy, you're getting Trust, Reliability, excellent customer care!

We would not be doing justice to Green Solar Energy company's review if it wasn't detailed enough. Our experience with Green Solar Energy was fantastic; they deserve a 6-star rating.

We did ample research before deciding what we wanted; we got quotations from big-name companies (that promote TV ads with celebrities) to small. However, most big names have higher overhead and have sales teams that are 3rd party and work for commission and installers are again 3rd party, and with Green Solar Energy, it is one team with over 10 years plus in the industry.

Green Solar Energy was No1 from our first call with Ann. She gave us great advice considering our needs on quality, price, shading, microinverters etc. and was not pushy in selling. The best thing is Green Solar Energy was on the money, and we were not over-quoted for a system we didn't need. While the price was going up by other solar companies, she kept the price guarantee for us to sort roof restoration. We went for a 9.99 kW solar power system.

Since we were replacing the old 1st generation system from 2009, we wanted the old panels to be removed and complete roof restoration before new racking, panels and inverter were installed. Richard from the installation team was excellent when we removed the old panels. He further advised us of possible lead flashing replacement & repair causing the leakage and for us to get the roof restoration company to have it done before installing the new panel weeks later. On the installation day, Richard reviewed and led flashing repair and applied extra silicon to ensure no leakage. That's going the extra mile on customer service. The team were perfectionists, ensured to have maximised the north-facing roof space with all the panels.

We are delighted to have Green Solar Energy, and the team install our solar system.

Hi K & R,
We very much appreciate your review, with so much thought and care put into it to write it.We truly love it, thank you ! It is really a great pleasure to have you as our customer.

Fantastic pre sales advice, even better install quality and care

I did heaps of research before deciding to get solar and must have watched hours of videos. After I had a rough idea of what I needed I got Solar Quotes involved. And Green Solar energy came out on top. I wasn't over quoted for a system I didn't need (no shading so no need for micro inverters) Ann was fantastic at answering my questions and listened to my needs and usage patterns.

The Install crew arrived on time, did a great job and an extremely tidy install hiding conduit in wall cavities or behind downpipe.

They handled the grid connection paper and waited with me on the phone while I activated the service with AGL after install was completed.

I couldn't recommend Green Solar Energy more highly

Thank you James, your review is highly appreciated.Thank you for such wonderful words.

Outstanding service!

Green Solar are second to none. Would not hesitate to recommend. Customer service was great. Everything was explained thoroughly. Very punctual and professional. The install was nothing but quality. The staff are very friendly and polite. All i had to do was dial the number and they took care of the rest.

Your review is greatly appreciated

Great to deal with, Very Professional

From my first call with Ann I was able to tell her what I was looking for in a system. She gave me a few options but never tried to push me towards any product in particular (unlike some other solar sales teams). Everything was on track to happen quickly and smoothly until Covid hit (no fault of the guys at Green Solar) as soon as installers were able to go back to work I was contacted and all work conducted within a day. Mo and his team were on time and provided a very clean install. System works great and was optimised for my roof space

It was a true pleasure dealing with you
We really appreciate the review

Fantastic work

Fantastic installer. Very professional,well priced and would highly recommend

A wonderful review, thank you!

Great Choice

The process was smooth from the beginning to the end. Everyone in the sales and installation team was friendly, professional and patient. Highly recommended!

Green Solar Energy

During sales, Ann is very knowledgeable and cared to explain what brands (panels/inverters) are worth considering, which are priced competitively against expensive ones. On the installation day, Mo/Richard/Drew (hoping to recall their names correctly) were perfectionists, ensured to have maximised the north facing roof space with 27panels. Not to mention their efforts to run the cabling in the roof space so the inverter can be installed in garage, and not outside exposed to elements.

A comprehensive test and walkthrough was done at last to complete the job. It was never rushed and ensured all was done perfectly and cleanly. I can definitely recommend Green Solar Energy to anyone.

Thank you Paul for the wonderful review

Good value and good service

I highly recommend Green Solar Energy. After getting a number of quotes, I came to realise there's three segments of the solar market;
1. worryingly cheap priced solar marketing companies
2. expensive high touch / premium solar companies
3. fairly priced, reliable companies (the goldilocks zone)

Green Solar Energy were very much in the goldilocks zone. Not much more expensive than the cheapies, a lot cheaper than the more expensive guys. They completed a site visit before installation. They used good quality Chinese made hardware. Installers were on time, polite and tidy. They were all knowledgeable long-term employees.

Very happy with the service and product so far. I will update this review if I have any issues in the future.

Much appreciate the review.

Awesome Job

Ann in sales was very informative, patient and not pushy throughout the process - I had a lot of questions that she was able to walk me through. I had quite a few quotes from different companies and Green Solar Energy had the best price for such a highly rated company with approx 10 years of experience.

The installers (Richard and Mo) were very punctual and worked for approximately 7 hrs to finish the installation. They were professional and left the space very tidy afterwards.

Would definitely recommend

We really appreciate your review!

Goes Above and Beyond

How was the sales/quoting process?
The Sales and Quoting process from Green Solar Energy was pleasant and very easy. They explained and offered multiple options for my needs and do not pressure and chase me up to close the sale [which sadly some other companies did without proper explanation/suggestion and rushing me with deals and discounts to close the sale hence decided not to go with the others].

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual?
The installers are very professional and very attentive. They explained and provided me with the necessary update and info on why and how things work.

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organize the grid connection after the install?
Yes, They organized the grid connection after the install. They are also very responsive when I contacted them via email.

Thank you Daniel for such a fantastic review which actually made it as "Review of the day" on this platform.
It put a smile on my face as well.
We really appreciate it !!!
Thank you !!!!

Very good installation

They have done the jobs very professionally and very helpful

Your review is appreciated!
It is a pleasure to have you as our customer.

Great service and support

I’m very impressed by the quality of service, support and the product (system). Highly recommend, very professional and made me feel I could trust me from the beginning. I got many quotes and did a lot of research but I always felt they were the best option. Do yourself a favour and talk to them about what you need.

Thank you Jose for a wonderful review

Professional Company

I liked dealing with Green Solar Energy. There were no issues and everything works. They were responsive and professional at all times.

The cabinet I made myself though.

Hi Scott,
Thank you for a nice review, we truly appreciate it.
Your inverter is fully in shade so it does not require a cabinet though it is a bonus to have the cabinet.

Original Review on 30-10-2020:

Felt green solar energy of all the supplier I dealt with were least pushy had the time available to answer my questions properly, and provide end to end service reliable.

All left me with positive response and that they were there to support me through the future years. Original ratings

We appreciate your review and we are here for after sales support when you need us.

8 months later we asked Tom : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Totally! Winter is lower than i invisaged but talking to a few neighbors is exactly the same. So that was reassuring from 45 kwh in January 10 in june. And hey where's my power bill?

Original Review on 26-10-2020:

Professional Installers

The people from green solar energy were very professional and had good knowledge of solar installation. Original ratings

We very much appreciate your review

8 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with quality of installation and professionalism of the tradesmen.

Fantastic Customer Service and installers!

From quote to install to follow up the process was fantastic! Ann, Mahmoud and Richard were great to deal with, quick to answer all my questions and very polite, efficient and tidy on the day of install!

Thank you Paula for the nicest review, it was really great to deal with you as our customer.

Excellent service, very professional and helpful.

This is the second time we have used the team at Green Solar Energy and we are so satisfied we have also recommended them to anyone we know who was looking for solar.

The quote was very competitive with excellent quality products being used. The install was to a very high standard and we are very happy with its operation so far. Our original system is two years old and has never given us any trouble. The guys cleaned up everything before they left and ensured we knew how to operate the system and that it was connected to the monitoring system.

They sorted out all the connection paperwork and approvals so it was very easy throughout.

The professional manner, great service and high quality install means if I have any more solar requirements in the future I will without doubt be using the team at Green Solar Energy.

Thank you Paul we are appreciative of your wonderful review and it is a pleasure to have you as our customer

Beyond expectations.

Very happy with Green Solar.
Person quoting was knowledgeable, practical and helpful.
Installation was perfect. Well organised. Very neat and tidy.
10/10 so far for customer service.

Hi Greg,
We truly appreciate your wonderful review, it is an absolute pleasure to have you as our customer.

Professional Installation!

Very happy with GSE so far. Right from quotation to completion of the job the process was smooth and as discussed. Good people to work with. During quotation Ann was helpful and the Installation went like clockwork. Mahmoud and Richard and Yusuf completed the installation efficiently and did a vey neat job.

They were polite, Punctual and knowledgeable and answered all questions and tidied up after the installation. Good customer service and they even organised the Grid connection with the Elec. supplier after the install.

Happy to recommend Green Solar Energy.

6.6kw system with Trina Panels and Fronius Symo Inverter.

We really appreciate the review

Easy, no stress, friendly, transaction

Ann was really helpful and patient during the whole process. She was very accommodating and friendly and there was absolutely no sales push (that I got from other installers).
The installation was booked around my availability and a convenient time with me. It was no trouble for Mo and his team to travel 2 hours north from Sydney to the north of the Central Coast. The installation of 28 panels was finished in one day, and the guys were very friendly and would chat.
Mo showed me how to use the monitoring App to see the system performing as it should.
I would highly recommend Green Solar Energy to all that ask.

Your review is much appreciated and it is a pleasure to have you as our customer

Original Review on 30-01-2021:

Excellent in every respect

The quoting process took account of my particular requirements and fresh quotes were prompt when I made some changes. Ann was professional and courteous.

A string of bad weather delayed installation but that was reasonable and anticipated. The installation team headed by Richard was on time and the work done smoothly. I had a couple of minor cracks in the tiles that Richard picked up, fixed and replaced as part of the process. Communication was good and he made some adjustments to positioning to take account of my preferences.

Mahmoud completed the electrical installation, gave me a good run down on the system overall process to get a smart meter and answered all my questions.

The system has been running for six weeks now, fault free and I'm pretty happy with the process and the outcome.

Thank you John, appreciate the review

3 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After five months(from December) and one bill less I'm still happy. The system should pay for itself in 3-4 years at this rate. We need a full 12 months to be certain.

Extremely happy with Green Solar Energy!!!

Extremely happy with Green Solar Energy!!!

Technical salesperson Ann was always happy to help with design changes. Very friendly and knowledgeable.
Most importantly, not pushy like a few other installers who I feel were simply chasing sales figure.

I decided to go with the 10.8kW photovoltaic power system with the following configurations:
• Panel: 27 x HYUNDAI HiE-S400VG SHINGLED
• Inverter 1x SolarEdge SE10K-AUBTEBNU4
• Optimiser: 27 x SolarEdge P401 optimisers
• Racking System: Hopergy Tile Roof Racking System
• Monitoring Option: MODBUS, SolarEdge 1Phase/3Phase 230/400V Meter - RS485

The installation team were also very knowledgeable. Answered all my questions on the spot and they all have excellent manners.
The team completed the installation in the same day, and they ‘did not’ leave any 'rubbish' behind. That was a big plus for me.
The team manager who is also the business owner would continue to monitor my system remotely in the first couple of weeks after the installation, to make sure that it is working 100%. How good is that? :)

I highly recommend this company and I would use them again.

Much appreciated!

Great install

After obtaining 3 quotes, I decided to go ahead with Green Solar Energy based on the solution provided, and the pre sales engagement with Ann who was fabulous.

From purchase to installation took 8 weeks due to it being during peak, over Christmas and it's shutdown and general bad weather during the time... no complaints, Ann did warn it would be longer than usual.

The day of installation (well, Day 2, Day 1 was a washout!) was great. Richard, Mo and the team really took care and looked like they were doing a proper job. They even fixed a few broken tiles along the way. They rejigged my proposed optimizers to best suit the shading they experienced during the install.

The system itself is good. The one criticism I have, and not really any one person's fault, but I didn't oversubscribe the inverter enough (8.88kW on a 8kW inverter) and due to shading and panel orientation/roof space, I never hit 8kW (I get close enough, but it's just a bit annoying I don't reach the limit of the system). I could of in theory got a 7kW Fronius inverter, but I don't think the price differential is that much.

Post sales support was excellent. I initially had an issue where I wasn't generating close to 8kW due to overvoltage from the grid, but with the teams help, I logged call with my energy wholesaler who came out and put a tap on the transformer to drop the voltage, which then fixed that issue.

So overall, happy with the solution and would highly recommend Green Solar Energy

Richard and Mahmoud

From the outset, Richard was very friendly and professional, explaining the process, what I could expect, the duration and details of the system chosen. When the remainder of the team arrived, I was dealing with both Richard and Mahmoud and I was impressed that they operated interchangeably. In total, there were three within the team and each blended well and had fun whilst maintaining their professionalism.

Richard also went above and beyond that expected by replacing a number of suspicious roof tiles and correcting flushing to ensure the roof was water tight. Even the moving of the antenna and whirlybird were done quickly and efficiently without issue. When the system was completed, Mahmoud spent the necessary time to ensure that my wife and I understood the system and that all the required set ups and connections with the app and our power provider were completed, operational and understood. A great team, one which I would highly recommend. Thanks guys.

Micro-inverter System

Green Solar Energy provided a micro-inverter residential system. Good value quote and very professional installation. Friendly team and the finished work is neat and they cleaned up extremely well.

Excellent customer service

Ann has good knowledge of the panels and inverters, was great with answering all questions and replying to emails promptly. Installation went very smoothly, Mahmoud and his team were very friendly they completed the job ahead of schedule and left the property clean and tidy.

Five star

Outstanding experience from start to finish. The guys that installed were personable, professional, punctual and tidy. I Highly recommend Green Solar Energy- work colleagues recommended them to me and I’ll be doing the same.

Great Installer

After a month full of research and a handful phone calls with Ann, we decided to get Green Solar Energy to install our solar panels. Ann has shown an outstanding customer service and been really helpful (& super patient!!!) with all the queries we have. We had Richard inspected our roof prior to installation and he kindly replaced a few broken tiles on that day. The team (Mahmoud, Richard and 2 others) came early on the day and professionally installed 28 panels neatly and also installed the inverter in my garage(another reason for me to choose Green solar energy). So far, the system has been working pretty well and without any hiccups. We will recommend Green Solar Energy to anyone who is looking for quality installation, amazing team, competitive package and impeccable service.

Thank you Steven,much appreciate the review

Excellent service

We approached Green Solar Energy after a recommendation from a family member who had used them. We found their service to be outstanding. Ann was the first point of contact, she was very resourceful and helpful and provided several options and quotes. The installers arrived on time, were professional, courteous and reliable. The job looks amazing! We are very impressed and happy with the overall service and with the product we received and would highly recommend this company.

Thank you Andrea, your review is appreciated

Fantastic Sales/Installers... Very Recommended

Very Happy with Green Solar Enegy
They gave me various no of Quotes matching multiple needs and prices.

Communication is great when u call the company and great follow up with bookings

Installers are terrific, very friendly and proffesional. They also assisted me fixing some issues on the house roof.

10/10 Very recommended

Thank you Amir, very nice of you to give us a great review

Excellent service from Richard - installer and Ann

Initial quote was with Ann who was knowledgeable and provided excellent advise . Precise, efficient and quick to respond. Richard the installer was professional , polite and tidy . Went out of his way to explain the process .

Hugely Disappointed

We selected this team as they seemed to be well thought of, particularly in regional installations. We selected a premium system and they were flexible in negotiating an agree able price. All seemed well ahead of install.

We repeatedly asked if they wanted to do a pre-insall inspection and they declined multiple times, asking instead for many photos, which were supplied, of the roof, the interior f the structure it was going on, the electrical boards in both main and sib boards and the insides of those boards showing wiring. The night before the install was booked, they knocked on our door and asked to hav a look since they'd just gotten into town. Then followed much head shaking and much doubt on whether it would all work, their inability to mount the inverter to the structure and the size of the wiring and wireless communication from inside a full metal shed ( also known as a Faraday Cage) The next day they rushed through the installing about 5 hours. The wiring was touted as a huge concern and a mysterious 567 error was pointed out as being an ongoing issue. I offered to call my electrician and have this explained to him and they wouldn't wait 10 minutes for him to arrive.

Then followed some closer inspection. The brackets they'd used had flat feet on our corrugated colour bond roof, so many were crooked. This resulted in panels not being clipped to the rails. There was no expansion gap between panels, so they whole system bowed on a hot day. the cable from the house to the shed, about 14m was not upgraded to the correct spa, despite the quote providing for up tp 30m, the frames of several panels had the anodising scuffed off. I had to drive to the nearest large Bunnings, a round trip of 120km to purchase brackets for the inverter mounting. They used a piece of my MDF and 2x4 to mount the Fronius inverter along with a ethernet-over-powerline adapter to get communicationsfrom inside the all-metal garage.. We received about 2 minutes instruction. After several phone calls asking to have things made right, they became increasingly belligerent.

We asked for and received excellent help from SolarQuotes.com.au in trying to mediate the interactions, even arranging for an indecent installer to come and inspect the work. The end result was that we had it all removed and managed to get our money back. What a disaster and extremely stressful. The experience of the next people we used was chalk and cheese. Inspections, time spent explaining, responsive. I speculate that Green Solar may have botched our install due to rushing to get it down before the end of the year. In any event their belligerent and aggressive attitude towards dealing with us and our concerns would prompt me to never recommend them to anyone, and certainly not in a regional area.

Smooth Transaction from Start to Finished.

Smooth Transaction from start to finished. Ann was very helpful since the beginning of the my application until the time the system has been installed. We also want to thank Mamoud and his team for the installation of the system. Good job team Green Solar Energy.

Original Review on 22-06-2020:

A complex installation done well, and looks good too.

I requested and received numerous quotes and variations of options for this job as I tried to work out the best system for a complex roof with some shading issues and some uncertainties about feasible panel layouts. There was sometimes confusion in the supplier's office about what they were quoting on and what I wanted. Most of the customer liaison seems to come down to one very hard working person who was sometimes clearly overwhelmed. I ended up designing my own layout using NearMap's plug-in, but knowing that what might be able to be installed could be different. I went with this supplier as I'd dealt with them before and had a good result on another site, though they had supplied an inverter different to what was specified - hopefully better, but certainly larger capacity; but also because they were very cost-competitive, even against larger Sydney-based firms; and because they were prepared to get me exactly what I wanted (some firms couldn't get the panels, others promoted different brands, and some good get the panels but not at a competitive price). My electricity retailer said they needed 14 days notice pre-installation to arrange the smart meter installation. The solar supplier only gave me 6 days notice, despite having been advised in writing of the 14 day requirement - again, a symptom of the office being under-staffed, but I figure that's partly why they're relatively cheaper than some bigger firms with more staff. No dramas but it meant there was a greater delay between installation and when the meter was provided. No problems with the installation beyond the variations I'd been prepared for i.e. not being able to provide the exact layout that I wanted, but the same number of panels were provided and largely with the same orientations. The roof trusses and other structures limited what could be done, but the result was still good, and the all-black panels get lots of favourable comments from neighbours (two of whom have since sought quotes for solar power) and visitors. The team put in plenty of hard work and two days of labour to get the job done well. The panels sit relatively high above the tiles but that's an advantage in a declared bushfire prone area, as leaves are much less likely to accumulate under panels. The Envoy monitoring software works well and provides great information about panel performance and electricity use. It helped to detect a problem with the activation time of a new heat pump HWS, which was readily corrected. Very friendly folks and very helpful, including with little things like Ethernet cabling of the system rather than relying in WiFi (both options remain available). Some other providers wanted to charge extra for such things but GSE did it in what was already a competitive price. No hesitation in recommending them again, but it might be good if the office was given a bit more support to avoid being overloaded by responding to quotes etc. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is performing as expected and negates electricity bills net across a year, or at worst, renders the annual bill tiny. Also pleased to see that I can turn off my Wifi at night without loosing data from the Enphase Envoy system, which apparently stores data until the Wifi is reconnected, then uploads it, so I can still see what little energy use occurred overnight.

Great installer and well accomplished project

To be true it's not an easy task to pick the right solar product and the installer. Luck enough you got me to this Green Solar Energy, who got the job done beautifully. The process of getting quote and installation were very smooth. The installation was carried out professionally on time even it's very busy before Christmas. Not only got the system installed the team also fixed few cracked roof tiles and replaced a faulty fuse box on switch board for free.

Thank you Jack, much appreciate the review

Pleasure to deal with

The team did a great job on my install. Very happy with the finished result. Excellent technical knowledge, pre sales, and the installation team cared about the quality of their workmanship. Thanks to R who did the extra little things too! I chose this company because of the great reviews and they did not disappoint.

All round fantastic system and experience

Sales and quote process was smooth, with Ann being patient with my many requests (and never pushy). Ann was also the only provider who accepted and delivered on my request for bird-proofing the system (others asked me to go to another supplier).

Overall, after getting over 15 quotes from 6 suppliers, the system purchased from Green Solar Energy was the best value and the cheapest for this specific configuration (7.8kW system with 20 x 390W Jinko Tiger panels, 6kW SMA Three Phase Inverter and 3 phase Solar Analytics).

Installation by Mahmoud and Richard was punctual, and very tidy. All cabling from panels to inverter were neatly hidden in the wall, rather than ugly exterior conduits in other solar providers installations. It is comforting that the team takes pride in their work and aren't looking to cut corners.

Only issue was, the configuration proposed in an North plus East arrangement did not fit. So it had to be moved to East plus West unless I was willing to reduce the total number of panels. This was partially my fault, as I should/ could have requested an inspection prior to accepting the quote. However, dealing with this was fairly painless.

Almost 6 months on, I'm very pleased with the outcome. System has been operating smoothly from day 1 and Solar Analytics is often showing that output is exceeding its forecast. Solar Analytics has been far superior to the default montoring app from SMA.

I've strongly recommended this team to friends and family.

Thanks Sahan