Koala Solar

Koala Solar Reviews

4.7

Based on 55 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Koala Solar, a family orientated business, started operating in 2012 under the ownership of Western Australian locals with years of experience in the electrical and solar industry. The company was built as an extension of their then existing company “Line-Tech Energy EC11654”. However, after completing over countless solar power system installations as a sub-contractor and being involved in both domestic and commercial electrical work associated within the Western Power Low Voltage Distribution Network – expanding into the solar industry was a natural step forward. Therefore, in January 2015 Koala Solar was born.

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $6,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Koala Solar Reviews (55)

Trina

Inverter Brand

Quality gear and best value for money

Koala Solar offered a top of the range system (inverter) to a very good price. Installation was done on the appointed time and day and was very swift and professional. 5 stars!
Hide Mike's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very professional service during initial contact and installation

Appropriate quoting process
Installers were punctual, tidy , experienced and polite
Grid connection organised prior to installation as meter already installed

Trina

Inverter Brand

Good price. Great service.

Very quick to quote and install. Prompt, professional and tidy.
Hide Joe's Comment

Inverter Brand

Koala didn’t just give me the bare facts

Excellent referral by word of mouth from other satisfied customers
Local to me ( within 10km)
Purely matter of fact sales person who actually talked me away from a heat pump or solar water based on my location
They also supplied me with insulated shutters as well for an excellent price.
Both installation teams were young , very knowledgeable about their products and arrived early and never stopped working as a proper team.
After sales and office staff were also on the ball and everyone was personable polite and unfailingly courteous

Hide Michael's Comment

Excellent service

Koala solar, were extremely helpful and interested as to what we wanted from our very first contact / phone call.
We wanted particular solar they explained what we wanted and offered us alternatives to look at as well.
No pressure either system we chose.
Installation was flawless and system / inverter explained fully upon completion of installation.
We did get 4x companies to quote us.
Koala was not the cheapest. We are extremely happy with everything from start to finish.
Hide Sharon's Comment

Inverter Brand

Koala definitely worth checking out

Koala were very easy to deal with, did a great install and didn't waste time pricing products they wouldn't use themselves. They took care of the grid connection and helped explain how to monitor the usage yourself.

Would use again for sure.
Hide Theo's Comment

Original Review on 30-06-2020:

A quality system at a fair price.

The roof was checked on site by the salesman. He explained in detail the best possible array for my non north facing roof, and what I could expect to generate. There was no high pressure to make a decision on the day. No deposit was requested. The quote included removal of a 10yr old 1kw system and they did the necessary paper work for the upgraded system for the grid connection.. The job was done on time, they were an efficient team of three, and the inverter was neatly installed in the garage. I received the govt. discount on the panels. The wifi connection was installed and explained, and they also registered the warranty with Fronius.
Fronius Primo 5kw Inverter 20x330 Jinko Mono Perc Panels.

Follow Up Review on 01-03-2021:

Yes. The system is performing well. However there was damage to my ceiling which hasn’t been fixed. They removed an old system from my Colourbond roof which has not been sealed properly and in spite of them coming back to fix it, the roof still has a leak.
Hide Joanne's Comment

Huawei

Inverter Brand

I was upgrading from old solar panels for new through solar gain who installed my other system.

The quoting system was first hand. I can’t answer the other questions solar system not installed yet.
Hide Eddie's Comment

Easy Install

Easy Install. No problems at all. They arrived on time and completed the work, with minimal fuss and no mess.
Hide James 's Comment

Good supplier choice!

Everything went well from start to finish with Koala Solar. My system was installed today! When he came to quote Adam was punctual, courteous and friendly. He explained everything in layman's terms so that I could properly understand the process and didn't mind when I asked him to repeat things.
The two installation men were actually about 40 minutes early. They too were friendly and courteous and explained what they were doing.
Hide Paula's Comment

Great customer service

Koala Group were great to deal with. The installers were on time and very polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend.
Hide Adam's Comment

Professional, tidy and quick

I was most impressed with the guys from Koala Solar who came out yesterday to install my solar power system. It was a very hot day and I know their previous job was difficult.
They were very professional and tidy in their work which they completed quickly and with minimal disruption to my partner and me.
I will not hesitate to recommend Koala Solar to any of my friends who may also be considering the installation of a solar power system.
Hide Pat's Comment

Exceeding Expectations

Sales, Communication and Installation was excellent. With quote we received an 8 page file with all information about the system including photo of our roof showing panel location, it also included a financial and environmental analysis and an estimated average daily production per month. I am also able to monitor the system from my computer or phone. Two months in and to my surprise we are exceeding the production estimate.
September Est 26 kWh actual 28.4 kWh,
October Est 34 kWh actual 37.2 kWh.
Could not be happier, would definitely recommend.

Hide Andrew's Comment

$6,000 to $8,000

Hanwha Q CELLS

Inverter Brand

Great price, service and minimal disruption during installation

Offered a range of options me based on quality and price points for inverter and panels. I went with a high quality inverter and mid range panels. Communication at all times was prompt and professional. The approval, booking and installation went smoothly. Koala took care of all the documentation for western power. Great experience and highly recommended supplier.
Hide Ken's Comment

Inverter Brand

Thrilled to pieces so far!

After 3 years of indecision, and with Covid-19 enabling me to work from home I finally made the decision. After consultation with 4 other companies I believe I've chosen wisely.

The in home quotation was appreciated and afterwards written queries from myself were replied to, immediately.

One month was spent waiting in anticipation for the install but the installation team were on time, very polite, helpful and cleaned up well afterwards.

After just one a week since the system has been installed and based on the ($495 optional extra) smart meter's Solar.web app (which I do recommend) I am extremely pleased with the systems KWh generation plus the grid connection has been taken care of by Kolar Solar too.

All in all and so far I am thrilled to pieces with Koala Solar and my new solar system.
Thanks heaps Kolar Solar!

Hide Alison's Comment

Great Company

Our first contact with Koala Solar was through Adam who made a site visit and listened to our requirements. From there he made suggestions regarding size of system, location options and equipment choice, resulting in a quality system at a good price.

The installation team arrived as scheduled, evaluated the tasks in order of priority including removal of the existing 10 year old system. Alex, Jacob and John knew their jobs and were extremely efficient and worked together as a very effective team.

We could not have asked for a better group with all the grid connections and necessary regulatory paper work completed for us.
Hide Stewart's Comment

Senec

Battery Brand

Friendly and very honest

From first contact with Bri and Kristie in the office to the job being completed was probably the best service and experience I’ve ever had. Adam came out to give me a quote and was very friendly and honest and didn’t pressure me on the day to sign up. The whole installation was completed by 3pm which included 6.6kw solar system, Senec battery, heat pump HWS and 11 roller shutters. No mess left behind. When the guys had finished they ran though everything with me and it turned out the two electricians installing it were the owners themselves.

A huge thankyou to Stuart and Cory for the work they did and how professional and honest they run their company.

Many thanks
Sue

Hide Sue's Comment

Huawei

Fast and efficient installation

Sales manager was friendly and knowledgable. He understood that because of my age (75) I wasn't overly concerned about the warranty periods.
The installation was within 3 weeks. Thunderstorms were forecast for the day of installation. The team arrived bang on time, were efficient, fast and tidy. We had a small storm 30 minutes after they finished. They handled the grid connection and our power was off for less than 30 minutes. I had trouble connection to the inverter by wifi but the sales manager came back and helped me.
Hide Jim's Comment

First Class Job

From the earliest contact through to final installation, Koala Solar have been professional, competitive and and above all trustworthy in delivering what they quoted on with no surprises for me despite a difficult 2-storey, 40 degree pitch roof installation. Highly recommended installer.

Inverter Brand

Competitive price, professional staff, stress free experience!

I highly recommend the Team at Koala Solar. It took less than 2 weeks to get a quote, then discuss and install a system that now pumps out over 5000 watts for most of the day! The very knowledgeable and efficient staff took care of everything, took pride in their work and were a pleasure to deal with. Very impressed????
Hide Clayt's Comment

Cost

Quick and easy install. Dylan and Jayden were very professional and informative. Will definately recommend to others. West Australian owned and run company makes it even better.
Hide Amber's Comment

Cost

Excellent company to work with. No nagging to sign a deal. From signing paperwork system was installed in a week. Great friendly staff talked me through my best options. Installers were awesome guys whom had the system installed in a few hours.
Would highly recommended this company
Thanks Koala
Hide Brad's Comment

Cost

Just a consideration to think about the panels are too close to gutters so will have an issue cleaning them as have a patio on the other side so no access

Adam the rep was great very quick to respond friendly and efficient. Thank you.
Waiting for my first bill
Hide Jacqui's Comment

Cost

This family owned business is professionally ran and a pleasure to deal with.

The installation was on time, done with no fuss at all and very efficiently. All mess was cleaned up and taken away. Dylan and Jayden did a great job and were extremely professional.

I look forward to passing on my experience from Koala Solar to all I come across asking about Solar systems.
Hide Craig's Comment

Cost

Koala Solar is a Fantastic company to deal with. The sales manager came into our home and explaining slowly how Solar Systems work and recommend which systems should we go for and explaining slowly to us how to get more out of the solar system and he even draw it down to give us more understanding.
We decided to go for the 6.6KW Systems with Fronius Inverter and Seraphim Solar Panel, the price is affordable.
Koala Solar scheduled the date and time for the installation and the two electricians came into our home on time and it’s the day they promised to install the Solar Panel. By midday afternoon it’s all done, up and running. The two electricians is very polite and they clean all the mess as well. Once it’s all done they give us a run down and explain slowly how it’s worked.
The administration manager in the office is well organise, she send me all the WIFI setup, warranty, etc in no time after the installation completed and I emailed her regarding how to setup the WIFI – Tariff and in no time she replied straight away.
I really recommend Koala Solar to everyone. In term of Price, Quality, and Service.
Hide Anon's Comment

$6,000 to $10,000

Cost

I Initially went with another supplier who had a large presence in Western Australia and supplied and installed premium panels however, the installation team gave problems right from the initial meeting saying the panel could not be installed as plane. This was contrary to the initial inspection by one of the companies other installation team. Fortunately I wrote into my contract that if I was not happy at time of installation with the proposed location and orientation/wiring by the install team I could withdraw at no cost.

A neighbour recommended Koala Solar saying they were highly impressed.
I went for 20 Lg Neon2 330kw panels in configuration that had half the panels facing North and half the panels facing west. The inverter is a Ferocious Primo 5 (a little noisy but within the db rating for the unit). So far from the system from July 2018 to end of Jan 2019 I am averaging 32Kwh per day. I appear to get a peak of 5044Kwh.

In regard to installation I did get some issues, due to a breakdown in communication between the agent/operations manager and the team that came to instal, as the agent was away at the time of installation. As such I asked for the team to leave and waited for the agent operations manager to return. Once this person was back in town a week later the issue was resolved straight away. The panels went on in no time and the team were very professional in their approach.
Hide Barry's Comment

Cost

They did everything they said they would, on time and with minimal fuss. They are great outfit and represent excellent value.
Hide Paul's Comment

Zeversolar

2/5

Original Review on 24-02-2018:

In the end the cheaper price won out. An average install experience with not much clean up afterwards. Warning labels missing hand written values. A lose bolt on the roof etc.

Follow Up Review on 09-10-2018:

Yes, great performance, 5.38 MW/hours since late February 2018. $633 ROI in just over 8 months is great! Almost $1 a day network connection charges in WA not so great.

The only problem now is how to install a future battery system that still retains the Solar.Web interface, AC coupling (without going over the silly 5KW inverter limit in WA), single phase setup we have. Maybe you should do a battery quotes section :)
Hide Murray's Comment

Cost

The team from Koala were great from Quote to Installation.
Responsive, polite, and tidy.
Pragmatic and a positive, can do approach.
Hide Sue's Comment

Cost

Very pleased with the service and workmanship, I would recommend to anyone interested did the install in 4hrs
Hide Desmond's Comment

Cost

They were friendly and helpful in the office. Provided an excellent price for quality equipment, and were able to answere all of my questions in a knowledgeable and professional way.

The installers were on time( actually arrived early), explained how they were going to install etc and cleaned up completely after completing the job.

It was a very positive experience for me, they were also able to do the installation within a few days of me placing the order.

I am doing this review as I believe when we get an excellent service we need to tell others.

So I would highly recommend this company to anyone!
Hide John's Comment

Cost

3 phase inverter, two storey installation. Get several quotes to compare do research to understand solar and components and read reviews.

Cost

Not at this time as it is still too early to judge how much the system will be reducing my power costs.
Hide John's Comment

N/A

Cost

Great service, gave a quote and was happy to give price for different panels. Very open and direct with our questions, didn’t bad mouth other companies. Like they are a local business. Installers, Dan and Justin, were polite and tidy and got the job done. Spent time explaining the system and we were encouraged to ring any time. All in all, trouble free and easy.
Hide Sarah's Comment

Cost

On time,neat job,kept me informed.Western Power replaced meter box next day so paper work was done quickly .
Hide Terry's Comment

Hanwha Q CELLS

Original Review on 19-12-2016:

Very Happy with my final decision.

Of the companies that you recommended, one was not able to install the system until the new year, the second was a little more expensive and the third did not quote.

Regardless, I appreciated very much and i am thankful with the advice available on your web site which gave me a very good understanding of the relevant issues i had to consider in selecting my solar power system.

Follow Up Review on 22-08-2017:

Yes. Is am very happy.

The system has been very reliable and I do not have any complains either of the installer (Koala Solar) or the equipment. I have not paid for any electricity since I installed the system and I am currently in credit by a small amount with the power supplier.

My only complaint is that the power supplier charges me around 24 cents per unit but only pays me around 7 cents for what I supply them. I believe that is unfair.
Hide Acky's Comment

Cost

Good job done. Fast clean work.
Hide Dave's Comment

Cost

I have absolutely no complaints. Installed a 3kw system for $1,000 less than alternative quote using the same panels and inverter.
Hide Ian's Comment

Cost

Thank you for all your all the help on Solar Quotes Site as this helped us to choose and it is a family business.

Kind Regard's

Margaret
Hide Margaret's Comment

Cost

I was impressed by their forthright answers to my questions and concerns, they were not pushing any particular system above others. Prices were very competitive, even for similar or same products as some of other companies. Day of installation they were dead on time, worked very efficiently and carefully, I changed a couple of things as far as panel layout and it was no drama, completely cleaned up after finishing, explanations good and clear.
Hide Melinda's Comment