Koala Solar

Koala Solar Reviews

Koala Solar is a local, family-run business based in sunny Perth, WA. Our installation team are CEC accredited solar installers – experienced electricians on a mission to help all West Australians achieve energy independence. Started in 2012 as Line Tech Energy, we became Koala Solar in 2015.

You’ll notice the systems we install are a little different: quality solar systems that include a 10-year workmanship warranty, aftercare support and maintenance.

Koala Solar provides residential and commercial solar systems in Perth and the South West region, with a wide range of solar panels, inverters and batteries available to add value to your property.
We are also Fronius Solutions Partner and Tesla Powerwall Certified Installers.

Koala Solar is an Approved Retailer of the Clean Energy Council of Australia, and our inhouse installers are qualified and CEC certified electricians. We have completed thousands of solar panel installations in Perth and throughout Western Australia suburbs. When you engage our services, you can expect:

• CEC Accredited inhouse Solar Installers - no sub-contractors!
  • Tier 1 Solar Panels
  • Free Quotes & Site Visits
  • 10-Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Aftercare Support & Maintenance

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $8,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Koala Solar Reviews (169)

Prompt and efficient service

Simple and efficient service from quote to install. Tidy workmanship!!

Highly recommend Koala solar

Koala Solar installed a 10Kw system at our place this week and it was refreshing to get some good quality customer service. The entire experience with Koala, from quote to installation, has been very impressive. A very professional service that was completed on schedule with excellent communication throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Koala to anyone seeking advise and installation for solar.

Fantastic Installer

Very efficient response, good installation and excellent service. AAA+++ Recommended

Magnificent work

Koala Solar were professional, organised and did a great job installing our solar panels and solar system. They helped remove and dispose of our old solar panels, walked us through how to register on the app to monitor our solar system and worked tirelessly to finish the job. Everything was cleaned up afterwards and they answered all the questions we had as well as providing us the best way to troubleshoot and contact their team.

Fantastic Installer

Could not fault Koala Solar, their service was excellent to fit in with our tight timeframe. The admin personnel & installers were polite, efficient & friendly. Thank you Koala would certainly recommend you to any potential customers

No fuss, no mess, no worries

Koala were recommended to us during the period of getting quotes from everywhere, to get to know what was available.
The response from Koala was rapid, straight forward with no ifs or buts. Informative, precise and I believe very honest in their approach.
The crew came in, and that was it, good team work, good clean up and a job well done, thank you all.

Koala Home Solar Installation June 2022

We were very happy to deal with Koala Solar, a local company and installer. Adam was my first point of contact by telephone and was very good to talk to. The quote was verbally explained in easy terms and was sent through by email promptly thereafter. Although the overall quote was slightly higher than two others obtained, we chose Koala for two main reasons, they are a Perth based company using their own installers and offer the choice of a Fronius European (Austrian) made inverter. The layout of the quote was very well presented and all necessary technical things we needed to know explained. Their office staff contacted us within a day or so and booked the installation just one week ahead. The company employed installers arrived punctually and introduced themselves politely. The installation was timely, efficient and very tidy. Alex was very patient and helped me connect the system to the app. Koala Solar were recommended to us by friends and we would do the same for our friends. Highly recommended.

Thanks for listening

Koala Solar was the only provider that actually listened to what we needed and offered a range of options that suited our budget in comparison to the other providers who were pushy on products they had stock and/or preference.
Very supportive and professional company would certainly recommend to my neighbours.

Efficient and Fast Service

Adam was very efficient in sending through the quote, and very professional in answering all the questions I have. To my surprise, he arranged for installation to happen within a week which is great!!
Kristie from the admin team was also very helpful in providing all the information I need and getting all the application done in no time.
Overall, I would highly recommend Koala Solar if you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy solar company.

Excellent service from Koala

They team from Koala were professional, efficient and friendly from the start to the end of the process.
They are competitive on price and the installation team were excellent.
Happy to recommend to prospective clients

Very Happy Customer

Very professional, friendly and very happy with Koala Solar. Highly recommend. Easy to use/understand and tradies that came were all lovely. Amazing service.

Seamless Process

We recently upgraded our solar power system as our old system was not up-gradable or battery compatible. Solar Quotes put us on to Koala Solar and we received very informative information and options. The install team were on time, very efficient and tidy. They also took time to patiently explain the entire process to us. The new system already exceeds expectations. Couldn't be happier.

Outstanding customer service

I received a quote back from Koala within a couple hours of requesting one and had a great chat about different options.
The customer service was amazing as we have to move around our install a couple times.
The install was super quick and am very happy with how the system looks.

Highly recommend these guys for hassle free and quick service

Stress free install

Cold called Jonny at Koala Solar WA for a quote on a 6.64 kw system he replied with three different fully informed options to suite my house/power bill & with photo layout for panels on my actual house.
Called Jonny several times after that for Q & A and could not have be more impressed by his professional and informed customer service. A visit to Koala WA by my wife and I, was also greeted with a guided tour around all the bits and bobs that make up a solar install, to fully put us in the picture.

We accepted the quote on 16 x 415kW Jinko Tiger Pro and 3 phase Goodwe inverter and the office girls had us booked for the install in good order. Installers Alex and Cory turned up right on the dot on install day and were finished by 3pm. Again these guys pay attention to detail, worked clean and delivered a no fuss install, even replaced a couple of previously cracked roof tiles they has noticed while on the roof.
Just outstanding all around you people , well done.

Excellent service. No-hassle quote and installation.

Very happy with the service provided. The quote was all inclusive, without any additional extras. The installation was postponed twice due to Covid and weather, but was immediately rescheduled to the earliest date possible. Installation was done in-house, not contracted out. So far, the system has worked as expected.

Solar Panel Install

Easy to organise, easy to community, on time and friendly helpful installers. Highly recommend

Professional Installation

Easy to deal with, efficient and job done on time. Professional installation and services supplied!
Highly Recommend!

Seamless Solar by Koala

We were given great advice & options for our home. Staff were friendly, helpful & efficient. They use the best quality products. Installation went very well & they did a great job of cleaning up afterwards. Everything was up & running & working well when they left. Would highly recommend this company.

Honest advice

We got honest advice from Sean (sales) and we chose accordingly. Kristie was ultra-efficient with the administration. Jaidon and Dylan were friendly, professional, efficient, and tidy with installation. Great work guys!
The system has only been in for hours, but if you want the best in the West, go Koala! Looking forward to the savings on the power bill.

Professional service

Koala solar was incredibly quick to respond to my request for a solar installation quote. Clear communication from the start and a prompt site visit to confirm if the planned solar configuration would fit our roof. Koala solar was the best value for money, using the best industry solar panels and inverter. The installation team was professional and efficient on day of installation.

First Class Service from Koala Solar!

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Koala Solar for my recent installation of our home solar system. The whole process from the initial quote right up to the end of the the installation, was professional, easy and straightforward. The two young men arrived on time, were polite and explained the process of installation which was done perfectly. I am very pleased with the look of the panels and it was no trouble to have the inverter fitted where I wanted it, on the side of my house.

I can highly recommend Koala Solar to anyone wishing to invest in an outstanding quality inverter and panels, for a competitive price. Thank you for your first class service, Koala Solar!

Easy to work with

The whole process was easy and low pressure. Adam was great answering all of my questions and was happy to take repeated calls. Adam helped by providing answers that were clear and easy to understand, without dumbing it down. Once I finally ordered, the process flowed very smoothly. It was easy to communicate with the whole team,,from the booking to the install. Koala Solar is a business that I'd recommend.

Excellent Service

The sales process was excellent; they had a lot of knowledge and explained everything in an easy-to-understand way.

The installation was fantastic; the crew arrived on time, and the site was tidy when they left. The handover of the system and app setup was excellent.

Customer service has been fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and they worked around a schedule, noting that we were in the process of building our home.

Outstanding Service

After several calls we finally found an installer who was happy to do a quote on site. We were not dissapointed. The service was friendly and with a smile. We were surprised at just how much knowledge and experience this little company had. The workmanship was to a high quality standard....nice straight lines. And yes they clean up after themselves. i am recommending this family business to my work colleagues who are looking to upgrade their solar, or add a battery. Cheers guys thanks again.

Happy Customer

The team at Koala are brilliant!
I used them on my previous home so when time to get a quote for my new home they came in again with the best quote and best value for money

They kept me informed throughout the process with regular updates prior to install.

During installation there was a piece of material left behind, but once notified of this they collected it same day and apologised. Staff completing the install were friendly and polite.

Happy repeat customer

Fantastic installation

I wanted the best on the market and with a 40 year warranty Sunpower Maxeon 3 panels you can't go wrong. I like how it holds 92% efficiency for 25 years compared to other cheeper ones.
Service and installation was good and efficient, they took my old system down for free and recycled what they could.
Like how the Googled my house for a competitive quote.
I also leant that other companies with interest free loans jack the price up and sell you cheaper unit.

Efficient Company

(Much independent research on panels and inverters had occurred by me prior to actually choosing to use Solar Quotes and one outside provider.)
Quote process was very comprehensive. Installation and connection issues were noted by Koala Solar, with plan for original placement of Solar Panels. ( Note: no other Company saw this problem) All quotes, cost wise, were very similar. Installers were punctual, efficient and cleaned up work area. When physical work completed, WiFi connection was installed and the operation of system and Inverter were clearly explained. The company listened to my concerns with types of inverters and solar panels I wanted.They provided more data to clarify choices for Panels and Inverter that were chosen for the project.
Love that the company is Local, small and very customer orientated. No question or concern I posed was treated as flippant or unnecessary.They came back three times before finalising quote. Well done from quoting to installing.

Fronius Symo Inverter and Tier One Panels and Roller Shutters

Koala Solar is also installing roller shutters with a different division and quoting for both reduced the total cost for us. The Fronius inverters are fan cooled, which for WA with its heat waves is essential compared to cheaper inverters, which are passively cooled via heat sinks. The fan noise is minimal and a later and present generation has addressed even that low noise level. A ten-year warranty is also a benefit and is a result of fan cooling.

The Fronius inverters can be configured via WiFi to switch on pool pumps or the hot water element when the production reaches a given wattage and the extra cost for this inverter is lower than a comparable quote for a plumber to install a panel and tank on the roof and an electrician to wire the element to the roof.

The installation was very quickly done by four staff members and the grid connection did not require any paperwork from our side.

Koala Solar and Fronius Australia have assisted me with a service call and technical questions for the 12VDC connection from the Fronius to the hot water relay.

The system has operated flawlessly for the past two years and i can recommend Koala Solar.

Excellent service and value for money

The team at Koala were brilliant! They kept us informed the entire time with regular updates prior to install. We shopped around before choosing a solar installation provider. They came in as the best value and seemed to understand our needs. We are extremely happy with the result and feel they advised us correctly on which system and size to install.

Great product, easy going customer service, fast and tidy installation

I contacted a number of companies and none could beat the competitve pricing on offer from Koala Solar, I wanted the quality of a reputable and proven supplier coupled with the functionality of real time monitoring of output vs consumption and settled on a Fronius inverter coupled with the Fronius smart meter and app.

I was advised around a fortnight prior for the date of install, on the day they turned up on time, ready to go and by midday the system was installed and the wifi connection and app configured. Install is neat and tidy and overall a seamless experience.

Recommend highly.

Great company to deal with. Not pushy & chasing the sale. Quality products & professional team. My battery & solar installed in half a day. So happy with the system. Very knowledgeable technicians. I have only used 8% grid power in a week and a half.

Truly professional crew

Jonny ( sales) was engaging and professional from the phone call. He actually delivered the inverter himself from Perth on installation day, so the Crew of Stu, Callum and Cory could complete their job.

Overall , a very professional company with exceptional teamwork and skills.

I’d highly recommend them to anyone.

Cheers.

Great installers

We had the installers out today and they were great and very polite. Done an amazing job and left no mess. Showed me how the app works and ran through everything with us.

Great customer service

I was recommended Koala from a friend. I felt that the customer service from woe to go was outstanding. All my questions were answered promptly and efficiently. The two installers were prompt and very polite. I would recommend Koala.

Brilliant installation

All my expectations for customer service, quotation, installation and information given were definitely met and exceeded. Cory and the team are great to work with.

Great

I am really happy with my Koala Solar panels. The price was really good compared to quotes I got from local companies. The staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful specially Sean who I spoke to on phone a few times

Great customer services

Thanks to the guys and Koala Solar for my new solar panels and heat pump install so easy and now I get to save some money and the environment.

Seamless Solar experience

Koala Solar provided me with a seamless experience from the very beginning. The quote and handled well and fully explained to me ( a novice in Solar) by Sean and when I changed system size along the way , it was no problem to re quote. Quality panels, mountings and inverter were recommended and supplied. Once I agreed to the quote Bri was on the phone to book an installation day to my liking within 30 minutes. She also made contact a few days out from installation to confirm and to ensure the day still suited my schedule. When installation day came the 2 installers, Alex and Callum arrive at the time advise to me before installation. Both were licensed electricians and from seeing them operate they were obviously very experience in solar installations and worked as a great team. Their work was clean and tidy and they answered the myriad of questions I had as the installation progressed. They did the complete setup of the system and explained the app before they did a final clean up. The day after all the warranty's, registration certificated and tax invoice were e-mail to me. Overall the quote, customer service, installation and quality Koala Solar provide was far in excess of what I expected when I started this Solar journey. I would highly recommend Koala Solar to anyone looking to get a quality Solar setup with the minimum of fuss

Gary

Professionally Installed High Quality PV System

After requesting for 3 quotes from SolarQuotes, I was immediately contacted by Koala Solar the next morning.
Sean explained the different options I had and answered all my questions promptly. All the options included only high quality panels (JA Solar and Canadian Solar) and inverters (Goodwe and Fronius), so it was hard to go wrong.
The installation started early (7:30am) and was done in around 5 hours. Workmanship was very good.
Follow up after the installation was very helpful and quick in answering any further questions.

Professional service all round.

The entire process went smoothly.
Questions were answered effectively, a quote was provided immediately.
The technicians were on time, friendly, tidy and work was completed successfully within the timeframe provided. The grid connection was also completed once the system was installed.

Very good service.

Amazing Customer Service and Brilliant Price.

The entire process from my query of type of solar solution through to the install was seamless with no questions left unanswered by the company.
There was no pushy sales tactics, and a detailed quote was provided quickly after requesting one.

On the day of installation, flawlessly installed and quickly done, downtime was less than 5 minutes to power.
All paperwork was handled by Koala Solar so this was such a simple process for me.

Great service all round

Great service from start to finish. Koala were very helpful answering my questions about all the bits and pieces i didn't understnad about solar systems. Johnny from sales was helpful and there was no pressure. Installation was perfect, guys turned up bang on time and were very knowledgeable offering information on the system and how best to use it to reduce our power bills. System was fully installed and up and running in half a day. I will would definitely recommend Koala Solar to anyone looking for a top quality Solar System installed by a very professional local company.

Fantastic service and quality install.

Overall the dealings with Koala solar has been fantastic. From the initial interactions with Jonny in sales to the installation.

Jonny was informative as a salesperson and was not pushy on products. He provided detailed explanation on their selection and provided all relevant information so that I could make an informed decision.

The company was more than accommodating when I required to alter the installation date with no fuss.

The quality of workmanship that the tradesmen delivered is second to none and is a credit to the company. They were punctual, tidy and professional. They left no mess and left their working areas better than they found it. Overall the installation took approximately 3.5hrs.

I have no hesitations in recommending koala solar to anyone looking for a quality system.

First class installation.

We have used Koala for two different properties in the last two years, and I have to say on both occasions the service has been outstanding! The people in the office I have dealt with have had a very friendly, professional attitude and have explained everything I needed to know in a manner that I understood. Both installations have been excellent with friendly helpful guys who were very patient explaining, and helping me accomplish the wifi part of the process. I was amazed at the speed of delivery from first booking the job on our recent installation! They were on time, polite, and not only did they clean up after the job they removed some waste I already had!
I would recommend them with no reservations at all, and would definitely use them in the future!.

Top service from start to finish

Great service from start to finish. Koala were very cooperative in answering my questions and only too happy to change the panel layout they recommended to suit my requirements. Installation was perfect, guys turned up bang on time and were very knowledgeable offering information on the system and how best to use it to reduce our power bills. System was fully installed and up and running in half a day with no mess, no fuss and no damage to my newly renovated roof. I will would definitely recommend Koala Solar to anyone looking for a top quality Solar System installed by a very professional local company.

Great service all round

From the initial contact when the design and quote was decided, to the final handover, it was very straightforward and professional. Very happy with the service and all for a competitive price. Will recommend.

Original Review on 23-07-2021:

Great service on communication before and after install. Advised 7-7.30am install - in my drive waiting at 6-58am. Done and gone in 4 hours!

See the Title. Magnificent. If I was in the market would buy a second system - just cos of their service! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Stuart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The Koala Solar installation of a 6.7 Kw system has performed in excess of the predicted outcome. Great value for money.

seamless installation and super friendly/knowledgeable business

These guys are amazing, I can't recommend these guys enough.

Sales team was very friendly and not pushy.

The service team was great, seamless booking in install and information.

The install day was awesome. The team was on time and available to answer all my questions. Area was left neat tidy and the job finished on time. Seamless.

I would be happy to use them again.

Very Impressed

What I liked about my initial contact with Koala was that they listened to me. I didn't want a sales pitch, just factual information that I could research myself and that's exactly what was delivered. I received a plan showing where the panels would sit, an in-depth quotation detailing the power savings I could expect, together with information on the two inverters I could choose from and the panel specifications. They also do all the work associated with Synergy (grid connection). A bonus!
The price was competitive and they were knowledgeable when I questioned certain aspects.

Installation: They arrived exactly on time, were courteous and mindful about parking/unloading given the small complex by-laws and efficiently and neatly installed the panels and Fronius inverter.
Overall I was impressed and actually referred a friend who also requires solar.
Great job guys!

Good job done

We were very happy with the team at Koala. The panels work really well due everything being set up by their expert installers. Supporting small family business is the way to go.