Koala Solar

Koala Solar Reviews

Koala Solar is a local, family-run business based in sunny Perth, WA. Our installation team are CEC accredited solar installers – experienced electricians on a mission to help all West Australians achieve energy independence. Started in 2012 as Line Tech Energy, we became Koala Solar in 2015.

You’ll notice the systems we install are a little different: quality solar systems that include a 10-year workmanship warranty, aftercare support and maintenance.

Koala Solar provides residential and commercial solar systems in Perth and the South West region, with a wide range of solar panels, inverters and batteries available to add value to your property.
We are also Fronius Solutions Partner and Tesla Powerwall Certified Installers.

Koala Solar is an Approved Retailer of the Clean Energy Council of Australia, and our inhouse installers are qualified and CEC certified electricians. We have completed thousands of solar panel installations in Perth and throughout Western Australia suburbs. When you engage our services, you can expect:

• CEC Accredited inhouse Solar Installers - no sub-contractors!
  • Tier 1 Solar Panels
  • Free Quotes & Site Visits
  • 10-Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Aftercare Support & Maintenance

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $5,920 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Koala Solar Reviews (93)

Incredible from start to finish!!!

For the last two years I’ve been meaning to have a solar installed and each time I start the process it becomes information overload. Like most people I didn’t want to make the wrong decision and was being provided so much conflicting information.

After a friend was speaking to me about their renovations and I asked them about their solar they put me in contact with Koala Solar.
I ended up contacting six of the largest companies with the highest reviews Koala Solar being one of them.

Most solar companies will tell you that you can’t compare companies like an apples for apples comparison but this is completely untrue.
After receiving the six quotes for the same panels the same inverter the price difference from the lowest to the highest was $3000.
After asking the sales manager from Koala Solar so many questions they were the only ones that seem genuinely interested and there was no high-pressure selling whatsoever.

From the minute I contacted them until the minute the installation was complete every person that I dealt with was highly efficient friendly and the process couldn’t have been any easier.

Very professional and efficient team

Our family friend recommended Koala solar, I am so glad I did go with Koala solar, they were not pushing to sell there products at all, they give me choice to choose what suits my needs and budget. Every step was taken very efficiently and professionally. I will highly recommend Koala solar to everyone without a doubt.

Solar made easy

As someone new to solar, the Koala team made it a very easy and enjoyable experience. The team provided competitive quotes and I felt provided genuine and attentive support through the sales process. The team answered all my questions and the quotes allowed me to choose the right system for my budget. The installation team where very professional, arriving on time and kept me informed through the day. I highly recommend the group at Koala!

They let me know what was happening every step of the way and I am so pleased I finally have solar.

I found Koala solar to be so helpful and efficient even with my quote they tried to accommodate my requests and the whole installation went smoothly. Stewart was very obliging and advised me of what the procedure would be every step of the way with the installation.

My neighbours referred me to Koala and I would not hesitate to recommend you to any of my friends. Thank you for putting my mind at ease and I am so pleased I have had the panels finally put up.

They had a Tesla Powerwall in stock

From the beginning to the final paperwork, everything ran smoothly. The deal was sealed when Koala confirmed they had a Tesla Powerwall 2 in stock in their warehouse when none of the other companies we spoke to had any and had to order with no confirmation when it would arrive. We had our install done efficiently on 23 Dec, just in time for Perth's Christmas Heat wave so we were very grateful to be able to run our aircon and not feel like we were racking up our electricity bill or burning fossil fuels! We would have no hesitation in recommending Koala for solar & battery installation.

Very satisfied customer

Great job. No nonsense quick and efficient service. Would recommend highly

Great local company, great service. A refreshing change.

Koala dealt with all questions I had promptly. Turnaround time was 2 weeks from ordering to installation. Install took 4 hours and the company were exemplary from start to finish. A very clean install of inverter in the garage. Can't praise them highly enough. The Fronius inverter and smart meter integrate seamlessly with my home automation system and I can actively monitor the production, and consumption of electricity to maximise the return on my investment.

Brilliant work and very professional

I found the whole process very easy and professional. From the first day the sales person took me through the process to the installation and post work close out was all brilliant.

The team were skilled, clean and quick. I would highly recommend Koala Solar.

Hassle free from start to finish

We have just had a 5kw system installed by Koala Solar. The whole process was seamless and all the staff are polite and super efficient. There was no hard sell and it was just so easy with the office staff really knowing their job and the installers turning up on time. They actually apologised for being 5 minutes late. Really rate this business!

Great work koala team

Quality product quick and easy installation, left no mess behind and every touch point from koala was seamless

Hassle free and easy process

Koala Solar were easy to deal with from the quoting process through to installation. The price was a little more expensive than some of the other quotes I received but you get what you pay for. Communication was great and the installers arrived on time and explained how everything worked etc. I'd happily recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable solar company in Perth.

Great experience

Quotation process had fast response. Request to measure the roof was done quickly and updated quote received quickly.
Staff are polite and work efficiently.
Would recommend as a solar installer.
Great job done by Koloa Group, I have used them to install solar in my last property. That’s why I returned to have them install solar again in my new home.

Customer focussed

Sales / Quoting process was quick and informative.
Installation process was on time tidy and courteous.
It was replacing an existing system.

Cost effective and well installed

Whilst I felt I had to decide on the layout of the panels rather than be told the best way to have them (seems there are pros and cons of different orientations), the price of the system was worth it.
The install team where able to come earlier than planned which was well communicated and appreciated and the installers where efficient and have done a great job.
They removed the old system and replaced the tiles it had damaged with tiles I had ready to go and looks much nicer now.
Really good team so would recommend using them.

Customer Service is fantastic!

Koala Solar is by far one of the best!
From the quoting to customer service to install, everyone I spoke to was polite, took their time to answer questions and never rushed me to signing the dotted line.
The quote was not the cheapest but wasn't the most expensive either, they are well priced for their service. Would 100% recommend them to anyone.

Installed in days, not months

Every other quote I got had a lead time of at least 8 weeks for panels. Koala had panels ready to go and ended up installing my system 4 business days after I signed the quote, for less money than anyone else was quoting too!

Easy and quick!

Very quick, easy but informative quoting process. Installation was within a couple of weeks and everything went to plan.

One item was forgotten but that was resolved quickly with no fuss at all.

Highly recommended.

Original Review on 05-04-2021:

Very professional service during initial contact and installation

Appropriate quoting process
Installers were punctual, tidy , experienced and polite
Grid connection organised prior to installation as meter already installed

8 months later we asked Graham: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has performed as expected. No issues with selected system or supplier. Would like updates on battery advances/ recommendations /economics. Thanks for your previous recommendations re supplier

Installation was done by two lovely young gentlemen. They took care and were mindful with everything they did in regards to the install. They informed us of what they would be doing.

Very happy with all of the above.
Yes they did help with the grid connection.

Easy to deal with, nothing a drama

Provided 3 options at quotation, any questions were answered promptly. They turned up on time, were flexible about were the inverter could be located in my garage and were finished in 2 hours. I wouldn't have known they had been here except for the panels on the roof.

Couldn't be happier

I was after a 6.6Kw for my Belmont home and I had 6 quotes all from Solar Quotes recommended installers. All came across as professional and all quoted me on the same JA 390W panels, and a variety of 5Kw inverters, some gave quotes for more than on inverter.

Honestly I think that all being recommended installers with their own staff (not contractors), I would have likely been satisfied with any of them. However my experience with Koala was excellent. They installed the system with a Fronius 3 phase converter at a very competitive price and the installation is perfect. They also didn't damage even one tile on my clay tile roof.

They were able to get the installation in quickly in order to beat the reduction in the rebate ahead of 1 January. I am very, very happy with Koala and my new solar system.

Great service, would definitely recommend!

Koala solar were very responsive and provided a great service.

Quick and Easy!

Koala Solar sales team were prompt and easy to deal with. Admin staff were friendly, responded quickly and booked the install in asap. The installers were flexible regarding the install and allowed the inteverter to be placed where I wanted it with no fuss. System looks great and the install looks solid. All up a positive experience.

Satisfied customer

From the outset the quoting process was straightforward with no hard sell or hidden conditions. Jonny the sales rep was courteous and explained the options clearly. We compared a number of companies and the Koala quote was very competitive for the system we went with. All the paperwork was taken care of by Koala with no fuss at all.

The installation process happened as planned and was efficient (less than half a day) and went smoothly and neatly. The Koala installation team were friendly and courteous and fully explained the system and its monitoring prior to leaving.

In summary, the whole process from the advice and quoting to final installation was faultless, and the overall service from Koala as good as it gets as far as we're concerned.

Down to earth nothing hidden ,set price straight up great customer service.

On point great respectful
Installation couldn’t have gone better
All good every thing was done by them

Can't really comment on quality of system too early. Same for customer service and value for money, Time will tell .

Great company

After getting around 7 quotes and reading review's we decided to go with Koala Solar
I am very happy with the whole experience
The office people were easy to deal with
The guys doing the install John and Jacob were great to deal with very neat tidy
I would recommend Koala Solar to anybody looking to go solar

Excellent Service, Good Product Choice Options, Professional Installation = Fabulous Outcome

We approached Koala Solar after a good report of this company's work. Their response was very quick and we were able to get the information on their product line and quote very easily. Koala Solar had a good range of products to choose from and we were able to get exactly what we wanted in terms of performance and high quality, which was very important to us. I appreciated the advice and guidance from Adam.

Prior arrangements and formalities were handled completely by Koala Solar and before we knew it we were ready for installation.

Installation was arranged very quickly and in a manner that suited us. The installation team were very professional and friendly to deal with. Their work was of a very high standard and there was no mess left behind afterwards.

Our thanks to Adam, Kristie, Bri and of course - the "A team" installers too.

Quick and reliable with great customer service

In house quotation was friendly and punctual. Answered all my questions.
Installation was the week after I accepted the quotation. They were punctual and friendly.
Everything was done for us. Western Power came the day before the installation, without us having to do anything! The after sales customer service was excellent.

Excellent customer service

The experience started with a great customer service team and installation was quick and mess free. Tradesmen were friendly and happy to answer all questions.

Original Review on 08-03-2021:

Koala didn’t just give me the bare facts

Excellent referral by word of mouth from other satisfied customers
Local to me ( within 10km)
Purely matter of fact sales person who actually talked me away from a heat pump or solar water based on my location
They also supplied me with insulated shutters as well for an excellent price.
Both installation teams were young , very knowledgeable about their products and arrived early and never stopped working as a proper team.
After sales and office staff were also on the ball and everyone was personable polite and unfailingly courteous

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My 6.6kw system has undoubtedly performed to my expectations. The panels are perfectly situated over two areas of my roof and kick in early and stay working until sundown. The Fronius inverter is quiet and smooth In operation and regularly shows 4941 to 5049 in terms of output. I would like to add batteries to go completely off grid but price is the only reason stopping me.

Great Service

Cory called after my initial enquiry his knowledge and advice on an appropriate system put me at ease
The follow up and installation process was prompt the installers were friendly knowledgeable and efficient. The property was clean and tidy
Great service start to finish
Paul.

Original Review on 01-02-2021:

I was upgrading from old solar panels for new through solar gain who installed my other system.

The quoting system was first hand. I can’t answer the other questions solar system not installed yet. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Eddie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No problems performing very well.

I would recomend Koala based on my initial experience,but need a full 12 months assessment for a final opinion

They made it easy and did not require any payment until the installation was completed

Great service on communication before and after install. Advised 7-7.30am install - in my drive waiting at 6-58am. Done and gone in 4 hours!

See the Title. Magnificent. If I was in the market would buy a second system - just cos of their service!

Great service, very happy customer!

It was all very simple and easy. No pressure. Installation was quick and clean. Love the product and recommend Koala Solar to anyone looking for a good deal with friendly service.

Original Review on 17-09-2020:

Great Company

Our first contact with Koala Solar was through Adam who made a site visit and listened to our requirements. From there he made suggestions regarding size of system, location options and equipment choice, resulting in a quality system at a good price.

The installation team arrived as scheduled, evaluated the tasks in order of priority including removal of the existing 10 year old system. Alex, Jacob and John knew their jobs and were extremely efficient and worked together as a very effective team.

We could not have asked for a better group with all the grid connections and necessary regulatory paper work completed for us.

8 months later we asked Stewart: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed as expected (without any issues) and given us great savings.

No complaints so far

Very happy with the system and the installation by Koala Solar.

Solar system

Good work, on time polite tragedies, swapped out a few broken tiles at the same time, sales staff excellent, would recommend

I picked Koala, not because they were the cheapest, but the salesman was straightforward and seemed genuine.

The whole process was simple and flawless. All 3 quotes were open and not pushy, but Koala offered the best overall package based on the information I had gleaned off Solar Quotes website. Invaluable.

Very prompt replies, Adam was happy to explain the system and answer all my questions without me being under pressure to buy. I did my own research also, but this was backed up by discussions with Adam. Installing was excellent.

Quality gear and best value for money

Koala Solar offered a top of the range system (inverter) to a very good price. Installation was done on the appointed time and day and was very swift and professional. 5 stars!

Good price. Great service.

Very quick to quote and install. Prompt, professional and tidy.

Excellent service

Koala solar, were extremely helpful and interested as to what we wanted from our very first contact / phone call.
We wanted particular solar they explained what we wanted and offered us alternatives to look at as well.
No pressure either system we chose.
Installation was flawless and system / inverter explained fully upon completion of installation.
We did get 4x companies to quote us.
Koala was not the cheapest. We are extremely happy with everything from start to finish.

Koala definitely worth checking out

Koala were very easy to deal with, did a great install and didn't waste time pricing products they wouldn't use themselves. They took care of the grid connection and helped explain how to monitor the usage yourself.

Would use again for sure.

Original Review on 30-06-2020:

A quality system at a fair price.

The roof was checked on site by the salesman. He explained in detail the best possible array for my non north facing roof, and what I could expect to generate. There was no high pressure to make a decision on the day. No deposit was requested. The quote included removal of a 10yr old 1kw system and they did the necessary paper work for the upgraded system for the grid connection.. The job was done on time, they were an efficient team of three, and the inverter was neatly installed in the garage. I received the govt. discount on the panels. The wifi connection was installed and explained, and they also registered the warranty with Fronius.
Fronius Primo 5kw Inverter 20x330 Jinko Mono Perc Panels.

8 months later we asked Joanne: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. The system is performing well. However there was damage to my ceiling which hasn’t been fixed. They removed an old system from my Colourbond roof which has not been sealed properly and in spite of them coming back to fix it, the roof still has a leak.

Easy Install

Easy Install. No problems at all. They arrived on time and completed the work, with minimal fuss and no mess.

Good supplier choice!

Everything went well from start to finish with Koala Solar. My system was installed today! When he came to quote Adam was punctual, courteous and friendly. He explained everything in layman's terms so that I could properly understand the process and didn't mind when I asked him to repeat things.
The two installation men were actually about 40 minutes early. They too were friendly and courteous and explained what they were doing.

Great customer service

Koala Group were great to deal with. The installers were on time and very polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend.