Sunrun Solar

Sunrun Solar Reviews

Sunrun Solar is a Solar Power Installation company which services Victoria and Western Australia. They serve residential and commercial clients. They also have their in-house installers, designers and service team to help the customers through every step. They are one of the CEC approved solar retailers and NECA member, who are in partnership with the following brands:

REC
Hyundai
Fronius
SMA
SolarEdge
Tesla
Senec

Here are their reviews as submitted by the SolarQuotes visitors.

Reviewers report paying: $1,000 - $9,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Sunrun Solar Reviews (219)

Great customer service

My overall experience with Sunrun Solar has been positive. Right from the start with Karyn from the sales team helping me workout what I need and what options to go with. I never felt any pressure to go with the quote or to purchase things I didn't need.
Installation went smoothly even though it was a busy time of year just before Christmas and Melbourne just opening up after the lockdowns. A team arrived at 7.30am and were gone by 11am. No mess was left behind.
After sales service was excellent too when I was having trouble setting up the inverter app, Karyn organised one of the tech support guys to help me.
I would use Sunrun Solar again.

A Nice Installation!

Sales/quoting quite prompt. Very helpful and attentive staff.Installation staff very efficient. Their work was tidy and relatively quick. Rocked up on site 8.00am. Very friendly young group. I was very impressed!

Super response time

The sales team were excellent at presenting options for me to consider and for assisting with the regulatory processes for the rebate. The installation team arrived THE DAY AFTER my paperwork was finalized and the whole team were professional, neat and polite. They took the time to show me all I needed to know and were finished within six hours of arriving. All in all an excellent experience.
3.7kW 10 panels, installation wasn't install until December

Business with top notch customer service

My customer experience has been great.

I initially came with minimal expectations, only relying on solar panel jargon that we often hear from the media.

I was dealing with Tarak since the beginning. He is one of the sales consultant, who is apparently very technical. He kindly answered my questions and addressed my concerns regarding solar system.

After a couple of initial consultations, I agreed to proceed requesting the quotes and installation plan. This was a free service. The document I received was quote detailed. It had cost estimates, breakdown, and analysis.

One highlight at this point, was the fact that no one from the company rushed me to make decision. This was a gesture that I appreciated very much.

The installation did stumble to quite an unexpected obstacle. This meant extra costs, and it was not cheap. Through negotiation, we agreed to split the costs. Definitely a precious learning experience for both of us.

Fast forward 6 months, I am glad that I decided to proceed with the solar system installation.

With my 7.5kW system powering 3-bedroom townhouse (couple); on an average day, the solar system generates and sell 30 kWh to the grid, and I buy 4 kWh from the grid. Big surplus.

Best part? They followed-up a couple of times since, just to asked if the system runs ok, and whether there are concerns that needed to be addressed.

I am happy with the service, and had recommended them to a few other friends and family.

Fantastic installer, highly recommended

Even though during COVID times, the entire process from sales to installation ran pretty smoothly.
Customer services was always quick to reply to any enquiries, specifically Karyn, who assisted me throughout the process.
I'm more than happy with my new solar system, I highly recommend Sunrun Solar.

No hassle service .. no complaints

From initial contact to final certificate everything was on schedule. No false promises. No over selling.

Very easy to deal with. Highly recommended.

Happy with the process from start to finish. No hassles, great communication from Karyn.
Always happy to answer questions and offer advice.

Would not hesitate to use them again.

My SunRun install

The whole process was handled professionally.
The customer service was great and they were more than happy to explain the process throughout the installation.
I will continue to recommend Sunrun Solar to my network and will certainly be using them in the future.
Thank you!

Sun Run Solar wasted no time and immediately got to the point.

Sun Run Solar wasted no time and immediately got to the point, as they said.
We got along well with them and communicated in both directions. Tarak has given best advice about solar system
I watched as the panels were installed and everything else needed.
They also explained to me what they were doing, how and why. I got all my other questions answered as well.
It was done very skillfully. Probably because of the nice weather he produced what they say.
It is reverse use and seems to give you everything you would expect from it, so we are very happy.
I will recommend every one. SUNRUN SOLAR is a WAY to GO !

Definitely Recommened amazing support and service

Tarak and his team did amazing job from the initial communication of providing options and advise while also taking care of the solar vic rebates to the after installation support on configuring the application for the inverter. Definitely Recommended.

Great company to deal with Sunrun Solar

Extremely satisfied with the level of communication and installation workmanship. Sunrun Solar was recommended by a local Government body who had experience dealing with them before.

Great Company

Sunrun Solar very easy to deal with, informative and in contact every step during process, quick installation and follow up service great.

5 star review for a 5 star company

After dealing with highly professional people following the best practices I can surely say that my first experience of getting solar installed was 100% seamless and smooth. I got detailed information about each step and honest opinion about my every question. After getting quotes and researching various solar companies I trust that this totally one stands out with the value and service they provide. I have already started getting my bills credited every month and would highly recommend these people over any other solar company anytime!

The team at Sunrun Solar are the best and are really helpful with their post installation services as well which is what to you need to look for.

Sunrun Solar is a FANTASTIC company.

The management and staff go out of their way to assist in my needs and nothing was to much trouble.

Highly recommend them for all my clients.

Professional and good value for my install, A++

Smooth professional process, very knowledgeable and provided good value for money for my install.

Good Customer Service and great communication

I had installed solar 5 years ago and its going good. Installation was done on promised date and solar was connected to grid in 2 weeks time.i had raised complaint on performance of solar panels after i started notciing the tree shades on the panel and that too was fixed fairly quickly. Good thing is the communication and responsiveness of the installer on the issues and clairifcation i raise.Another important thing to mention is their truthfulness on costs, perfomance. They give you all information and ready to answer questions with utmost honesty. Overall satisfied with their service so far and hope the same level customer service continues

Professionally accomplished program of work

The sales process was simplified and streamed line.
The installation went smoothly and was planned before hand.
The customer service was conducted in a professional manner. Also, explained the after installation process.

Beautiful installation and fantastic service

I went with Sunrun Solar due to their reputation and quality of work reflected in the reviews. And I have no regret in that because I had a smooth experience. Tarak was the consultant I dealt with and he explained everything regarding the process. I am extremely happy with their installers who came on time and kept the site very clean. Their price might be slightly higher than their competitors but at the end of the day you pay for good service and quality can't be cheap.

Friendly and very professional very happy with the service

Very quick tidy, on time and professional with a great customer service very happy with Sunrun solar.

Sunrun solar

Great experience, sale, installation and after sales support excellent. Thanks sunrun

Very happy with communication and product

Sunrun Solar had excellent communication despite the trials of lockdown. They answered my questions promptly, helping me to choose the products which would meet my needs. They were very competitive on price. The system is working very well, and I would happily recommend them.

Due to Covid Still waiting Installation

Customer Service good
Sales quote was clear and easy to understand.
Waiting for installation as delayed due to Covid restrictions.

Fast, trouble free installation.

A fast trouble free install. Prompt feedback from Tarak Shah on all queries.

Excellent Job!!!

Best qoute, Fast and Smooth Installation process, nice n tidy, on- time. Good after sales service.

Everything else was exceptional. Mishaps on install, but sorted out promptly.

Everything else was exceptional except for the install. I purchased their package that came with consumption monitoring. Everything was going smoothly until I needed the information for the consumption monitoring metre.

According to GoodWe, I needed to provide them with the check code and serial number for the HomeKit meter so that they can add the consumption monitoring to the SEMS portal. Unfortunately, I was not provided this information by the installer and the only way to get this information is to remove the homekit metre and have a look on the backside of the actual meter.

I was given an SCT Form to sign but if I did sign it, I would acknowledge that I'm satisfied with the installation, which I'm not.

TL;DR: Everything went smoothly except for the consumption monitoring.

Update 1: After talking to Tarak, everything was sorted out the same day. Signed the STC Form as well. Updating my star ratings to update the prompt response. Happily surprised with the resolution of the issue and I was assured this will be avoided in future installations. I might update this review in 6 months time to reflect how the system is doing.

Hi Joemar,

We are extremely sorry that you had a negative experience with the installation of the system.

When you contacted the office the first time to enquire about the error with the consumption monitoring we were unable to attend the site as it was a non-urgent issue and we were following lockdown rules for Melbourne at the time.

The system was working at this time and the only problem was with the consumption monitoring which we could come back to look at once the rules were eased to allow this.

Overall we understand your frustration that the consumption monitoring was not working straight away but when able to we were very efficient in helping out and resolving the issue.

We hope the installation in total was up to standard and that it wasn't just the consumption meter that made the installation process a negative experience.

Thank you for choosing Sunrun Solar.

We look forward to your update in 6 months.

Great company to deal with, quality workmanship, highly recommended

Karyn from sales was polite, knowledgeable and did a great job working with us to help design a system that was suitable for our premises.

Installer, Tyler and his team were extremely professional, polite and quite particular in making sure that all regulations were adhered to.
The end result was a quality installation that we are really happy with.

Excellent Services

I really wanted to say thanks to Tarak and team for his smooth solar installation. Keep doing the great job.

Perfect in every way

Very happy that we used Sunrun Solar - a perfect, smooth experience every step of the way. Karyn was happy to answer my many questions, install was done on time & with no issues, and all is working perfectly.

Trustworthy Company, Great Advice, Brilliant Service.

When we began thinking about solar, the biggest concern I had was of all the horror stories out there of dodgy workmanship or cowboy companies that go out of business and don't back up their workmanship. So I wanted to find a company I felt I could trust.

The things that won me over to Sunrun was -
1) Over a period of 3 years that have helped 8 or more people whom I know or are friends of friends and they all had only positive things to say
2) When I talk to them about designing the system, I always talked to someone who was more like an engineer than a salesperson. They never up-sold me. They were conservative in their estimates, and always realistic with performance and price.

In the end I could have found a cheaper quote, but I could not fault the company and of everyone else whom I dealt with or compared them to, Sunrun were always ahead of service and trust.

The install was smooth. The install team were friendly and polite.

The paperwork and admin is smooth. The isnpector has been through and there is nothing he could fault of fix.

Very happy.

Excellent Installer

Dealing with Sunrun was a pleasurable experience.
Ravi was very patient with my inquiries. I like to know all the variables, so I requested 7 different quotes for our new system. Different panels brands, string, Optimizers, inverters, and overall size.

I settled on mid range as always.
A 6.6Kw system with 18 Solar Edge 365W panels with optimizes, and a Solar Edge 5Kw inverter.

Paid the deposit in late 2020, but because of Covid the Installation could not be done until mid Feb 2021. Ravi kept in contact to let me know expected dates.

The installers turned up promptly about 7am as expected and progressed swiftly to have it finished by approx 1am in the day. They were courteous and discussed the installation with me and answered my questions.
We now have 18 North facing panels, and 6 West facing panels which was decided by the shape and size of our roof.
The inverter was placed along side our switch box which is in the garage, and looks very neat and tidy.

We were advised that the inspector would come in about 2 weeks time, but he showed up a couple of days later. Everything passed and we were up and running.

Ravi organized all of the documents we needed, and contacted our Electricity retailer to get our solar connection finished.

Using the Solar Edge phone app and online monitoring, I noticed that our west facing panels were not producing at all.
I contacted Ravi and they looked into it. It took about a 3.5 weeks to get it sorted, apparently each string must have a minimum of 8 panels for it to work, so now 2 of our north facing panels are part of our west facing string. Apparently the electricians were unaware of this requirement.

The system has been working for 6 months now. We were getting 5Kw on sunny days, but now as we have moved into a dark and cold winter in Melbourne production has dropped off, so it has been hard to judge the impact on our retail bills so far.

Dealing with Sunrun was pleasant overall, except for an error by the installing electricians and the time it took for this error to be rectified.
I will recommend SunRun Solar to anyone that is in the market from now on.

Peter

Great communication and very clean work

Sales and quoting was great and very detailed, helped organise grid connection and very punctual

Highly recommended

Great Customer Service & Quality Installation!

Sunrun Solar has been amazing throughout the full process with their outstanding knowledge and customer service while providing a very competitive price.

Sunrun was not the cheapest quote we received but the safety and trust we felt with the team and the products far outweighed the small price increase compared to their competitors.

The great thing about Sunrun Solar is they have their own in-house installers which were important to us to ensure a quality installation. This also means if any problems do come up in the future we won't have to worry about sub-contractors not returning to their job sites.

James and the installation team were very professional, kept the property clean, and educated us on how the system works.

We have already recommended Sunrun Solar to all of our friends and family and we are doing the same to you as well.

Thanks so much for the system Sunrun!

Fantastic job they did

Tarak at Sunrun Solar did a excellent job to us. I can recommend these guys to anyone without any hesitate

Excellent quality and service

Its been running for more than a year now and am fully satisfied with installation and services.

Original Review on 14-05-2021:

Sunrun Solar Vic - Nice people to do business with

My wife and I settled on a 7.4kw sytem. This comprised 20 x REC Alpha 370 Panels and a 6kw SolarEdge Inverter.
The icing on the cake was the decision to also purchase the Tesla Powerwall 2.

The People at Sunrun were easy to deal with and true to their word. No funny business with quotes and their recommendations matched the research I had undertaken.

The panel/inverter install went well and the install team were polite and friendly. Importantly, they treated this old couple with respect and a mindset of helping out where they could. They even offered to trim some tree branches that would shade some panels in the winter months. James and his team were a pleasure to engage with.

The site was cleaned up and swept clean and the final product - panels on two roofs, sub-switch board and inverter in the garage, all looked great and as if they were always there.

James spent time with us at the end of the job, setting up the inverter with our WiFi and showing us how to use it.

The Battery Installation was carried out by a different crew a few weeks later. Same degree of service. Just nice people. They integrated the position of the battery with the Inverter so that the whole project looks neat and tidy.

Meter reconfiguration for FIT and final inspections all went through seamlessly.

Would I do business with these guys again? Most certainly. The price was about what we expected but the service was much better that what we expected.

We found Sunrun Solar through Finn and his Team. Thanks for a great recommend.

1 months later we asked Alex: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very pleased with all three components - The REC Alpha 370 panels with Optimisers, The SolarEdge 6000 Inverter and the Tesla 2 Battery with Gateway. Now, if we could just move the Mornington Peninsula a little nearer to the Equator, we would would have the complete package.

Quality installer, you can't go wrong

Reasonable quoting process, you can clearly see that the sale guys knows what he is doing, installation went great, quality install.
The installer take care to secure every component like it was his own house.

After install the system start-up, connecting you to the grid and notifying your electric company was taken care of.

Overall worth the money.

Smooth experience

Very smooth and easy experience with Sunrun Solar. The quote was clear, pricing was affordable, the installation teams were polite and tidy.
Sunrun Solar organized everything on my behalf with all stakeholders, so I just sit and relax. Highly recommend.

Exceptional all way through

Beginning from reasonable price and ending: outstanding. Customer service both pre and post installation, I couldn't be more happier with solar panel installation with Sunrun Solar.

Given price for my system was lower then other companies offered. All process is transparent. Updates and notifications are via emails, so you clearly understand what is going on and what to expect. Customer support responds in no time.

Great customer experience

Quoting process was very straightforward and helpful.

Installation went very smoothly and installation guys really went the extra mile helping us with some broken roof tiles.

The customer service was superb, to say the least, and extremely polite.

If I ever had to install on another house I would pick these guys any day.

100% Satisfaction with Sunrun Solar service and installation.

From the start of my telephone enquiry to the completed installation, Tarak Shah was the complete professional. He was always easy to reach and competent in all his responses. Tarak guided me through the complete process in a knowledgeable manner. Tarak went to great lengths to explain all the processes needed to be completed during his quotation period. He also dealt with every aspect of the Government forms to be completed to my absolute satisfaction.

This was my second try to have Solar panels installed. There was no comparison in the service that Tarak gave me with the former, ensuring that all matters, no matter how insignificant it seemed, was promptly seen to.

The time he said the installers would be at my home was correct. The installation went smoothly and in a excellent tradesman like way, even to ensuring all screws , nuts and so forth was cleaned up before they left. The installer also went to great lengths to explain the process of how the installation worked. Tarak contacted me after to ensure I was happy and to inform me when the inspector would be at my home to give approval and switch the process on. Tarak has contacted me a number of times since to enquire if there was any problems with the system, which there was none.

Got right System and great Installation!!!

We recently got 6.6KW system installed by Sunrun Solar. Everything right from Design to Installation has gone very well with no issues. Many thanks to Kaushik who went through the system in detail and helped us in selecting right Inverter and Solar Panels. Extremely happy with the final product.

The installation was done in a very tidy manner with no damage to Tiles.

Happy with the Customer Service and in organising & sorting out grid connection.

Fantastic end result and easy to deal with!

SunRun Solar (especially Kaushik) have been extremely helpful from start to finish and we're really happy with the end-result!

We have had two solar PV systems in the past at our previous house and were keen to upgrade our new house with as many panels as we could fit on the east and west parts of the roof. We chose to go with SunRun due to the great reviews on sites like this, and also their transparent pricing. Very glad we did!

The sales and quoting process was very easy and the team helped to design a great system, with several variations along the way (inverter upgrade, additional panels, consumption monitoring). After each variation we were sent an updated quote which made it really easy to compare other prices. The quote document itself is very clearly formatted with charts, aerial diagrams of the house and a lot of useful information about expected savings, etc.

The installation was done in a very tidy manner and the installation team made efforts to fit us in to a tight schedule, even after one of their team members was unwell. There was an extremely minor issue picked up in the inspection (some missing plastic plugs on unused terminals in the inverter), however the team stayed in touch an kept us updated all the way and came over to resolve it with a quick turnaround. Tyler and team did a very tidy job installing on a tricky roof and the panels look great.

The post-installation service was exceptional too, with Kaushik and team helping to efficiently resolve some software issues with the SMA inverter. We now have real-time monitoring of consumption and generation which will help to use the system more efficiently and hopefully save quite a bit of money in the long run.

Many thanks to the SunRun team - highly recommended for a reasonable price, great end result and very proactive and helpful customer service!

Great Installation

Quoting process was easy and Rafi was a pleasure to deal with and the installation guys were punctual Polite and very helpful.
I would highly recommend Sunrun Solar.

Great company with top information. Installation perfect.

After talking with a couple of other Solar installers, I spoke with Tarak at Sunrun. He was honest and straight from the beginning and Sunrun did absolutely everything they said they would, with a high degree of professionalism and care.

I highly recommend them for your solar installation.

It was a good experience

Quote was clear and was easy to obtain
The installation team of 3 were Polite, Tidy, Punctual and efficient. The team leader J was exceptional.
Customer service was good with quick responses to my queries. The grid connection was organised. I am still waiting on a bill from my provider to see the impact of the system.

Great service from the start - SunRun was on to the quote quickly and worked through the process with me and provided the quotes - they then were responsive in answering questions that I had. Installers were on time, very professional and cleaned up after themselves.

Mind Blowing Service!

Highly recommend Sunrun Solar. It was great dealing with Tarak as he provided us the detailed information on the system and suggested a great system for our needs. We decided to go with 6.6KW and Fronius inverter. The team was very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient with their communication. The installation went flawless and very quick and the installers were very punctual and I appreciate that they cleaned up everything immediately after the install. We are glad to choose you, a very reliable company with high standards and great customer service!!

Happy customer

After having received multiple quotes from various solar retailers, decided to go with Sunrun Solar as they offered us the best value for money for the solar system we were after.

In addition, Kaushik was very pleasant to deal with throughout the entire process from quoting to post-installation; he was professional and very responsive to all the questions I had.

The installation of the solar system itself went very smooth and took place about 6 weeks after paying the deposit. The installation team was punctual and polite and the panels and inverter were installed in about 3 hours.

The installer took care of the grid connection process as well, which was finalised about 4 weeks after the installation.

Fantastic job, very professional and friendly

Friendly, well explained the process and the price was the best in the market and did a fantastic job.
From start to finish, I could not have been more pleased with the choice I made to go with Sunrun Solar.