Sunrun Solar Reviews

About Sunrun Solar, Solar Installers

Sunrun Solar
Platinum Partner
Sunrun Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 32 603 132 378  ABN active since 01 Dec 2014 | Sunrun Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 603 132 378  ACN active since 01 Dec 2014 | Sunrun Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 25161 Sunrun Solar

Reviewers report paying: $2,000 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunrun Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in Mount Waverley and serves parts of Victoria. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Sunrun Solar Solar Reviews

Excellent supplier and installer

Approx two and half years ago I was present at a house in Mount Waverley, Victoria whilst a representative from Sunrun Solar called Tarak Shah was present and discussing/quoting a Solar installation package install for those premises.

At the end of these discussions I requested a business card and booked a future inspection and quote for a Solar install on my own residential premises nearby.

Mr Shah readily agreed to same and and appointment date and time was made there and then.

NB: Property specs of the aforementioned proposed Solar Install
1) 3 phase power utilised throughout the site

2) Solar panels to be installed on the roof of a 2 storey shed

3) 3 Phase Froniuos Inverter required

4) Solar panels to be installed on the roof of a 2 storey shed currently under construction at the time situated at the rear of the premises.

5) Fronius Inverter to be wall mounted in the above shed.

6) Power from the inverter to the mains switch board to run under ground from the shed to the house, continuing underneath the house to the mains switchboard at the front of the house.

Sales/Quoting Process:

Mr Shah arrived exactly at the appointed time and day, made a site inspection, after which we discussed the above Solar Installation.

He was extremely efficient and courteous with all my questions being answered plus unsolicited explanations and suggestions that I found very helpful.

All of the above installation requirements were accommodated without any fuss what so ever.

Using the internet, he then designed and made a sketch of what the installation would look like so that I could visualise it and discuss it with my wife later. The sketch also included the details of the solar panels to be used and the inverter.

I contacted him the next day and requested a written quote which I received the same day. It was exactly as we had discussed the previous day and I made arrangements to visit Sunrun Solar premises to sign a contract and pay a deposit re same.

Note: it took another 6 months before the roof was ready for the Solar installation.

Installation day:

Two installers (both electricians) arrived exactly at the appointed time and day and installed 20 solar panels, the inverter including all the wiring connected with same, by mid afternoon.

They were very courteous, helpful and cleaned up and removed all the rubbish they generated during the install.

Residual Regulatory Requirements:

i) A few days later an Electrical Inspector arrived and inspected the Solar Installation, and then activated it to the power grid.

ii) Sunrun Solar then organised and submitted all the documentation required to register the installation with the relevant electricity service supplier, at the completion of which I received the installation and Inspection certificates, and other relative documents.

I can only describe the above as a sensational experience with no 'hiccups' of any kind.

All planned phases of the install happened on time every time, and I have no negative comments to make whatsoever.

It was so good in fact that I have had Sunrun Solar install a second Solar Panel setup on the house, which was conducted exactly in the manner described above. No negative comments about this one either.

Now! I was that impressed and satisfied with the above two installs, that I had Sunrun Solar supply and install a Tesla Battery approx 3 months ago.

This to was carried out in the same efficient and effective manner of the previous two solar panel installs.

In view of the above I have no hesitation in recommending Sunrun Solar as a Solar Power system installer, with Mr Shah as the go to man to discuss and organise your Solar Power requirements.

Great to work with

Sunrun solar was professional and easy to work with every step of the way. They answered any questions we had promptly and looked after every last detail. We are very happy with the unit and their service. Show additional information

A great little Australian company, which completed a fantastic installation for me

I don't normally write reviews, so I hope that this will help someone new to the solar market, to find this great little company.

I started as a first time buyer, who knew nothing about solar when I went to market, and I met Sunrun Solar when getting my third quote, through a referral from a friend.

By our own design, we have no gas connected to our newly built property, so solar is critical to ensuring household energy consumption is optimised.

Sunrun Solar love what they do, so they are happy to talk openly about things in their industry, and learn anything they don't already know. They took the time to get the size of my system right, and after comparing their quotes with the market, it took me a couple of weeks to I figure out that, they were not overselling me a product that I did not need. This was further confirmed by data from my energy analytics app.

Solar was not one of my priorities during the planning and building process, and the fact is that they did not hassle me at all (sometimes it was months before there was any communication), so this freed me up for dealing with other pressing matters. Just watch out for dodgy operators, and I do have to say this, because I ran into one. And I mean businesses that treat you like government subsidies! (I do not know how to describe it, but for one business I felt like they were only trying to suck me in, basically to collect their effective profit from the government, so all they wanted was to sign me up. Just watch out for this kind of behaviour, and be prepared to block these businesses out on your phone, because this one kept on calling me every single day, even when I clearly said no I do not want to proceed.)

Back to Sunrun Solar. They have down to earth pricing - and I can't stress this enough - and this is due to their product, which is fundamentally a cost saving product. (I know there are environment saving aspects, but the more research you do, the more you find that a lot of the focus in solar is on the cost saving aspects.) Now I have technology enthusiast tendencies, however when it comes to solar, it basically comes down to cost, and Sunrun Solar is cost competitive. Because these guys have structured themselves right. Despite their low pricing, they communicated with me among the best in their industry. They are not perfect, and some business processes need improvement, but I believe they would be taking steps to improve their overall customer experience. I tried calling them for support a few times (thinking are they going to help?), and now after my experiences, I would reliably expect that an intelligent and diligent person answers, on the first call.

So where are they not too lean? What important corners have they not cut?

- They operated with sincerity, an honest approach, to the point where it felt like mates were coming around to renovate/improve our property.

- They are very open to discuss panel layout (on a brand new Colorbond roof), at their sales phase and their installation phase, who are different persons in their team. This aspect of solar is not as flexible as you might think, especially if you are new to solar, so Sunrun Solar was a comfortable company that I could talk frankly to, that didn't have an aim of shooting me down or shutting me up. And I ended up getting every single solar panel installed exactly the way I wanted. (Maybe I was lucky, but this is what happened to me!) I never told these blokes, it was too embarrassing, but I went with a lightning bolt inspired layout. (And the chap that installed it was happy to review my proposed layout three times, before it was something that would fit in with his technical requirements, and he properly explained the rules surrounding the strings too, so that as a beginner, I could understand it.)

- The installer was happy to install the inverter on the side of the garage that I requested, even though it was a little out of his way.

- I was not pressured into buying any specific brand (many major manufacturers 'own' these retailers now), so as a buyer that left me feeling extra satisfied.

- They used existing screw holes in my brand new Colorbond roof, except for where the cabling had to enter the house. Now that I understand this better, I would expect that all solar companies do this, on tin roofs. But Sunrun Solar properly confirmed this, and explained this to me, and my installer was happy to let me on the roof to inspect it (and introduced me to the concept of a roof-attached harness that I can buy at bunnings for myself too). They performed a quality installation, no overhanging panels, no externally exposed rooftop cabling for joining separate strings of panels.

- I am not strict about this, but without me even asking, they were shoes off inside the house, and offered to sweep up mess inside and outside the house. They left a bit of industrial sticky tape on the roof, but they came back to remove it, in a following visit, and without any hesitation after I pointed it out.

- In the context of the coronavirus situation. The installers wore face masks, even before it became mandatory, and for visits that didn't require any entry into the house, they simply avoided that entry too.

- Again, no hassles. And even when they asked me to write this review of their services, I didn't feel obligated or pressured into doing so at all. Also, I am not being paid for this review.

- Any support calls (and I made a couple, for example, I switched energy retailers too early, and the software in the smart meter was not fully configured) were dealt with promptly, and appropriately.
In case you are wondering, what did I end up installing?

- Fronius 8.2kW 3-phase inverter (Austrian company, Austrian made)
- 32 x REC 325W solar panels (Norwegian company, Singaporean made), total of 10.4kW
- Fronius 3-phase smart meter

These guys are not certified Fronius installers (as far as I can tell), but due to their work ethic, and for my purposes, it does not matter. Edit: I have been advised that Sunrun Solar have since become a Fronius Solutions Partner as well.
My only negative feedback is that I got my advice to install on a very specific side of the garage from another solar company (who actually came out to visit me during quoting), and now that I still think about it, it is still the ideal side for solar in our garage. Our solar inverter, NBN and data cabling cabinet are all located on the side wall of our garage, which is more hidden from view, and less cluttered, from the street perspective.

Again, they are great little Australian company, and I would happy recommend them to friends. As always, please do your own market and product research.
The solar consultant was awesome from start to finish, the installation was good, customer service was very helpful and polite. Show additional information

Professional Install!

Quoting process was handled by Tarak, who first understood the needs for our house and recommended a great system within our budget. Installation went great. After install process was handled with great professionalism by the team at Sunrun. Show additional information

Great from start to finish!!

Sunrun Solar had great reviews online so we decided to approach them for a quote. Tarak was all about great customer service. He explained well in terms of which system best suited our roof. The quoted price was very reasonable compared to other quotes we received for a similar system. Everything was organised and communicated well from the day we accepted the quote to the day of installation and inspection afterwards. The installation team was very friendly and efficient as well. The after-sales and installation paperwork was taken care off hassle free from informing our retailer to as small as showing us step by step on how to use the app to monitor our new solar system.We were amazed the savings made when we received our 1st bill. After having experienced all these, we can gladly say we are more than satisfied with the service provided. We are glad we chose to go with Sunrun Solar and highly recommend anyone who is interested in getting a solar system to approach them. Very reliable company with high standards and focused customer service. Show additional information

Great installation, great installers

Quote was done effortlessly, technician very knowledgeable. Installers were polite and punctual, job completed on time specified. Great customer service, technician set up wireless monitoring and are organizing grid connection. Show additional information

Great customer service and installation

Company and staff excellent to deal with and very prompt answering queries during the quote and once installed arranged inspection and grid connection. Installers arrived on time, resolved a few minor details (had to move a tv aerial) and were very tidy and professional. System has been working well. Would be happy to recommend. Show additional information

Overall great experience.

Quoting process was great and informative. I did not understand a thing about Solar energy, I just knew Sun and some panels make energy. Person who was talking to me in regards to quote provided definitions of things and patiently explained various process involved and how to go about that.

They asked me what is primary requirement from my perspective and then shaped the best fitting solution for us.
Throughout during the process they kept me informed about what to expect and what are my action items.
Installation was good too, they were punctual and professional. Cleaned up before they left.

I recommend Sunrun Solar for your Solar energy requirement.

Professional installers very helpfull

From start to finish installer communication was fantastic and professional had absoulutley no issues at all. I alsohad 2 installations one for mums place and my own home.

Quality Installation and apt Sales Team

The sales contact, Kaushik understood the requirements and provided with better quote for the system. Show additional information

Easy

Sales process was the best element. Sales consultant worked with my requirements, made recommendations and qualified their reasoning for these recommendations. Listened to what i was asking for, as opposed to just offering a panel/inverter option without uncovering my needs or wants. Show additional information

Very smooth and efficient process

I approached Sunrun Solar after a couple of my friends had their systems installed through them. The process right through was quite seamless as right from the time I spoke to the Sales person and all the way to installation, they seemed to be on top of their game. The Sales person was very prompt in responding to all my queries through emails, messages or calls.
The installation process was also as per the timeline provided though I did email them two weeks after the deposit was paid. The installation guys arrived quite early in the morning and went about their business and asked a few questions and explained whatever I did not understand. The installation was complete in about 2.5 hours and the place was pretty much the same before and after they left.
Its been two weeks since the installation and I have been booked for the inspection as what had been informed to me by the sales person at the beginning of the process.

Overall, it has been smooth sailing with Sunrun Solar. Thanks for your support in the process.

Great service provider

This is our solar system and after having it for a month, we can already see the difference in our energy bill. Dealing with Sunrun solar from start to end was a breeze and they managed to install the entire system within less than 4 hours. Competitive pricing was one of the key factors that we had decided to go with Sunrun solar and I highly recommend their service. Show additional information

Quick response

The sales and quoting process is fast and excellent.

Installation is punctual, polite, tidy.

Customer service after installation is just average, as it took more than 3 weeks for the inspector to come and activate the system.

Satisfied customers

Sunrun Solar provided excellent customer service. Karyn was very receptive to our enquires providing numerous quotes on different systems. When visiting she gave clear information on products and costing and was very patient. Sunrun kept us informed of when the installation was going to take place. Installers were prompt, courteous and left the premises clean and tidy. An explanation was given by them in how to work the system and what the next steps were to get us connected. Thanks to all for a positive experience. Show additional information

Sunrun Solar are amazing!

Sunrun Solar are such an an company to deal with. They are very professional and knowledgeable about all of their products. Karen was so helpful and patient with helping us pick the perfect system for our home. She was always there to answer all my questions and made the process so easy. Show additional information

Generally impressed

Getting information out of Sunrun hasn't been the easiest. I waited to hear back after paying deposit and successfully applying for the state rebate, but it wasn't until I threatened to request my deposit back (after 2 weeks of silence) that I was finally booked in for installation. I'm still waiting to have a safety inspection booked in and it could be another 1-2 months before seeing the benefits. But it will all be worth it.

The two blokes that performed installation were great. Cleaned up after themselves and didn't mind me getting a few pics with a drone. Pretty impressed they managed to fit 20 panels, which is the best part of this whole deal.

Fantastic service all around.

I am so happy after getting my solar system through Sunrun Solar. From the quoting stage till grid connection, it was a very smooth process. They explained everything in detail during the quoting stage that I didn't even have to follow up. I dealt with Tarak and he designed the system for me. The best part of the whole quoting stage that I was dealing with a CEC accredited designer directly, so he knows what he is talking about. They have an inhouse installation team, who did my solar installation. I went with SMA because they are SMA PowerUp Partners. I am really enjoying my solar system and could not find any better deal from a reputable company like Sunrun Solar. Highly recommended. Show additional information

An Ok Experience.

My initial experience was good. While requesting a quote my querries were answered and they were very responsive till I made the intial deposit. However, after that it took a lot of follow ups from my end to get the ball rolling after that, to get a date for the installation, chased them up for almost a month to get a date for the installation. Installation job was clean and quick. The team did a good job with the installation. The inspection is scheduled to be done on Friday this week.
However, did not receive any follow ups. Even the final payment was just an email sent that landed up in my spam folder luckly i found it as i was searching for something else. Would have appreciated even a courtesy call a lot.

Good price and great installation

The ROI calculations in the proposal were confusing but the advice on product was credible. Response times were great and very happy with the install team. Grid connection is slow but I think that is more a problem with the retailer/network.

We are looking at Solar for a second property but have issues with tree cover and the ROI.

Fantastic installer and service

Sunrun Solar were outstanding from A to Z.

My experience with Sunrun solar has been extremely professional from the very first call.

They have been so helpful throughout the whole process,and answered all my queries happily.

Tarak was very helpful and friendly. He gave us right information about solar system, panels and helped us to choose good inverter according to budget and requirements. They also organized grid connection with my electricity company.

We are so happy with whole process and would definitely recommend Sunrun Solar.

Great Installer

We had constant communication at quote stage with prompt responses. All questions were answered in a professional manner.
Just had the installation process and waiting for Government Inspector to turn it 9n. Excellent installation team.
Each member had a job and worked together in a professional courtious and efficient manner. Very impressed with the Installation team.

Very good installer - Recommended!

Sunrun Solar did an excellent job from start to finish. Provided detail quotation and answered all my questions clearly during the quotation stage. Installers did an professional excellent job. They organised the grid connection without any delays, excellent customer service. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Sunrun won

Only 2 responses
Sunrun more timely but dearer.
Very efficient installation team.

Great Service AAA

I found Sunrun Solar easy to deal with and very friendly. They guided me from my initial enquiry right to Install. I would definitely recommend Sunrun Solar for all your solar needs, and they will help explain the Victorian Government Rebate as well.
Outstanding customer service ! AAA
The best in Victoria in my opinion

Good and value for money Unbreakable 3 phase 10kw SMA system

Good product and good recommendation, Good Price.
Good Panels Business Manager is responsive. and the Electrician they use is good. Will use them again if i were to install solar.

GREAT SERVICE

Sales rep was very helpful and informative and the installers were great and informative Show additional information

Left confused

Quoting process: I was told that someone would come to check on site, but this didn't happen.

Installation: I was told that they would fit 12 panels on my Garage, (and the quote was on this basis). Installers arrived & said you'll only get 9 panels.

They were Punctual & did most of the tidying up, but I had to clean up the mess left in the Metre Box, & I had to call them back make adjustments so that the Metre Box door would shut properly, (which they did). I believe the Grid connection was straight forward (due to an existing system).

Customer Service: There was some confusion (between the Solar Quote Co & the Installing contractor) about whether I may need to pay more for some component that was in the original quote. The quote should have been re-done, as I only got 9 panels instead of 12, but I don't recall receiving a revised Quote.

The initial (Proposal) Quote was for 12 x 300W panels: total cost to me $3889.
What I got was 9 x 330W panels (same brand & type), same 3kW Inverter: total cost to me $5,318.
No Revised Quote was given, only a final Statement/Invoice (which I have paid).

After receiving the completion documentation, the Installation contractor requested more information to apply for the Gov't Rebate, long after the Solar Quote Co had assured me that they had the Rebate secured.
With the variation between the final cost to the Quote, I am not sure now, if I paid for 12 panels or just 9.
Had to do a price beat to get better price. Communication is patchy. Hope no issues. Too soon to tell at the moment. Show additional information

Very good installation

There were a few unnecessary delays and communication was lacking when the installers had to come back a second day to complete the installation Show additional information

Fantastic customer service, great price, hassle free!

Wow, such a fantastic experience dealing with the Sunrun team.
From the quote until finish the customer service was perfect. They organised everything in an efficient and professional matter and I barely needed to get involved or follow anything up.
The price was very competitive, and I'd say that given the high quality product they supply, they would probably be best value for Victorian customers.
Doing the right thing for the environment, at a great price, without any hassle and great after sale service - what more could you want...

Exactly as I hoped for

All worked out as I hoped. Very little stress in this part of the process. Sales, Ravi, was polite and informed. The installation team did everything in one day and in a very workman-like manner. (I'm a retired electrical contractor). The Electrical inspector turned up a few days later and was happy with the job, also commenting that the price was very reasonable. Show additional information

Customer service could improve

The sales person was great with providing quotes quickly and answering our questions. However, we had to follow up multiple times to get an installation date after we accepted the quote. The installer was excellent, punctual, kept us updated and completed the installation quickly. The customer service after the installation was lacking with poor communication. It has been over two weeks since installation and we have not yet received our paperwork. Show additional information

Good install, terrible organisation

The sales and quoting process was easy and very reassuring. Adam was good at getting back to us at convenient times and very good at explaining the in's and out's. He was very accommodating and understanding that given our jobs, we couldn't take time off at the drop of a hat and needed to book proper dates for things in advance, especially as access for the install would mainly be in a back yard with dogs in it.

However, once the install started happening, this wasn't the case. We came home one day a few days before our booked install date to find our fence had been damaged, a bunch of scaffolding was in our locked back yard, and our dogs were afraid to be in the back yard. We'd had nothing about this communicated to us prior. I had to get in touch with the scaffolders myself in order to ensure they didn't break in again while we weren't home (we are still waiting for the scaffolding to come down because they "can't make bookings and don't know which day they'll be in the area"). On explaining all this to sunrun, our contact (no longer Adam despite his assurances of being with us "through the whole thing") merely explained that the scaffolders tried to call us once they'd arrived (then just done as they pleased when they couldn't get an immediate answer), reassured us that they probably didn't do anything to the dogs, and ignored all concerns about any kind of prior notice. Likewise we've just received 4 phone calls from the inspector they've organised to do the post-install inspection, "informing" us that he'll be here tomorrow sometime between 9 and 11, again with no prior notice. I tried to explain that this was unreasonable to him, and he gave me a 2 minute lecture on how he doesn't book house visits in advance and he just lets us know when he's going to be doing it and if he expected him to work after hours (which we didn't), we'd be paying him extra. We don't understand how people are operating under the assumption they can pick days to work on our property, give next to no (or no) notice, and expect everything to be fine. We feel at least a little mislead by the sales rep in the first place.
The installation of the panels went fine, it rained on the day but we were able to figure out another day (in advance) with the electricians, but they were about the only part of the process that had any kind of reliability or consideration. We're still living under the threat of coming home, finding the scaffolding is gone and not having any way to seek repair of the fence.

Sunrun Solar is the #1, couldn't be happier

flawless service, great price, installation was clean and the guys were so helpful.

Getting full use of the panels as well which is great, sold the perfect sized unit to me.

couldn't be happier with the panels and service, thanks sunrun solar!

Highly recommend Sunrun solar to anyone. No look or search further. Whole process was so smooth for me from quote to installation. Great product and exceptional services. Thank you Sun run solar for extraordinary work.
Hemal Patel

Excellent service from the start and great product!

Excellent service from the start. I feel that they tried to accommodate my needs and I am happy with the outcome. Show additional information
it's very good service and installation
really useful and good quality

Pleasant experience

Signed with Sunrun because of its competitive quote and recommendation from friend. Installation went smoothly. The guys came at 7am and finished by lunch time. Job was done neat and tidy. Sunrun has been very responsive with my after-sales enquiries. Tarak even reached to help with my phone connection problem at home. Show additional information

Excellent

Just completed my solar panels installation. The sunrun solar company has the best price and customer service. Prompt responses and follow up. Staff are fantastic and very nice too! Show additional information
Sunrun Solar provided a very impressive service. Ravi and Tarak explained everything in minute detail and never showed any frustration when we kept asking 100's of questions to try and learn as much about solar as possible. No pushy sales service, Ravi and Tarak allowed us time to think over what we were going into and after getting several quotes from other companies and experiencing their sales techniques, we knew Sunrun were going to be the most superior company to deal with. Our 4.0 Fronius system and 14 REC panels were installed today...installers Steve and Ethan were also wonderful, taking time to explain carefully to us all the elements of what they were doing and again answering whatever questions we posed. Sunrun ensured the installation occurred on the exact date as planned and it.
From the moment we started the process with Finn on Solar Quotes to the installation day we took a few months as we explored everything we needed to know. System running prefectly today and now waiting to have our inspection and the system officially turned on..we can then report back with how it is operating.

Top Marks Sunrun Solar

From our quote, to amazingly swift installation, safety inspection, connect to the grid, we couldn't be happier.
The staff at every stage, were friendly, informative, and happy to answer our many questions.
Supported our Government rebate applications, by providing all the paperwork and information we required, to complete our applications.
Thanks Sunrun Solar - happy to Highly Recommend!

Great Customer Service

From quotation stage up until after installation process has been great and efficient. Thanks to Ravi for providing great customer service and prompt assistance. Show additional information

Professional business, Good communication and easy installation

Sunrun Solar was very easy to deal with from the beginning providing a variety of quotes for my review.
Quick to respond with all communication throughout the process.
Installation was straight forward with it all happening during arranged times
Customer service was great, with prompt replies and likewise easy to contact and discuss.
Overall would recommend to others, with several of my friends also choosing Sunrun Solar likewise and happy with the overall process.

Great experience overall

I was confused by the market and happy to find solar quotes. They found the 3 retailers. All were very helpful and professional. They all contributed to my knowledge. I chose sunrun solar because they had the products, they provided superior advice and the best price. Julien was excellent. Relaxed, patient and accommodating. It was a relief for me. The installation went well. They came when they said they would and came back to complete the WiFi connection. All in all the process went very well. Easy, informative and very professional. I would highly recommend solar quotes and sunrun solar. Show additional information

Fronius/Longi pv system

Lowest price that I could find.
Installed on time with good quality.

Everything went as expected

They were referred by a friend and did what we asked. Their price was similar to others but the service was excellent Show additional information

Great process and seamless installation.

Great, smooth and painless experience from our end! Tarak was always helpful and responsive. Sometimes would even go out of his way after hours to make sure queries were resolved. Quote was delivered promptly and explained. They even managed through my timeframes of having to move the install date a few times due to it being a busy period for me over the Christmas holidays.

Great afterwards too in resolving any queries I had after installation. Once again, seamless process which I could not have any issues with.

Reasonable price for a good system and workmanship quality

Sales team were helpful and explained everything that I asked for clarification.

The installation team did the job very well and cleaned up everything after they finished with the job