Sunrun Solar

Sunrun Solar Reviews

Sunrun Solar is a Solar Power Installation company which services Victoria and Western Australia. They serve residential and commercial clients. They also have their in-house installers, designers and service team to help the customers through every step. They are one of the CEC approved solar retailers and NECA member, who are in partnership with the following brands:

REC
Hyundai
Fronius
SMA
SolarEdge
Tesla
Senec

Here are their reviews as submitted by the SolarQuotes visitors.

Reviewers report paying: $550 - $8,640 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunrun Solar Reviews (197)

Due to Covid Still waiting Installation

Customer Service good
Sales quote was clear and easy to understand.
Waiting for installation as delayed due to Covid restrictions.

Fast, trouble free installation.

A fast trouble free install. Prompt feedback from Tarak Shah on all queries.

Excellent Job!!!

Best qoute, Fast and Smooth Installation process, nice n tidy, on- time. Good after sales service.

Everything else was exceptional. Mishaps on install, but sorted out promptly.

Everything else was exceptional except for the install. I purchased their package that came with consumption monitoring. Everything was going smoothly until I needed the information for the consumption monitoring metre.

According to GoodWe, I needed to provide them with the check code and serial number for the HomeKit meter so that they can add the consumption monitoring to the SEMS portal. Unfortunately, I was not provided this information by the installer and the only way to get this information is to remove the homekit metre and have a look on the backside of the actual meter.

I was given an SCT Form to sign but if I did sign it, I would acknowledge that I'm satisfied with the installation, which I'm not.

TL;DR: Everything went smoothly except for the consumption monitoring.

Update 1: After talking to Tarak, everything was sorted out the same day. Signed the STC Form as well. Updating my star ratings to update the prompt response. Happily surprised with the resolution of the issue and I was assured this will be avoided in future installations. I might update this review in 6 months time to reflect how the system is doing.

Hi Joemar,

We are extremely sorry that you had a negative experience with the installation of the system.

When you contacted the office the first time to enquire about the error with the consumption monitoring we were unable to attend the site as it was a non-urgent issue and we were following lockdown rules for Melbourne at the time.

The system was working at this time and the only problem was with the consumption monitoring which we could come back to look at once the rules were eased to allow this.

Overall we understand your frustration that the consumption monitoring was not working straight away but when able to we were very efficient in helping out and resolving the issue.

We hope the installation in total was up to standard and that it wasn't just the consumption meter that made the installation process a negative experience.

Thank you for choosing Sunrun Solar.

We look forward to your update in 6 months.

Great company to deal with, quality workmanship, highly recommended

Karyn from sales was polite, knowledgeable and did a great job working with us to help design a system that was suitable for our premises.

Installer, Tyler and his team were extremely professional, polite and quite particular in making sure that all regulations were adhered to.
The end result was a quality installation that we are really happy with.

Excellent Services

I really wanted to say thanks to Tarak and team for his smooth solar installation. Keep doing the great job.

Perfect in every way

Very happy that we used Sunrun Solar - a perfect, smooth experience every step of the way. Karyn was happy to answer my many questions, install was done on time & with no issues, and all is working perfectly.

Trustworthy Company, Great Advice, Brilliant Service.

When we began thinking about solar, the biggest concern I had was of all the horror stories out there of dodgy workmanship or cowboy companies that go out of business and don't back up their workmanship. So I wanted to find a company I felt I could trust.

The things that won me over to Sunrun was -
1) Over a period of 3 years that have helped 8 or more people whom I know or are friends of friends and they all had only positive things to say
2) When I talk to them about designing the system, I always talked to someone who was more like an engineer than a salesperson. They never up-sold me. They were conservative in their estimates, and always realistic with performance and price.

In the end I could have found a cheaper quote, but I could not fault the company and of everyone else whom I dealt with or compared them to, Sunrun were always ahead of service and trust.

The install was smooth. The install team were friendly and polite.

The paperwork and admin is smooth. The isnpector has been through and there is nothing he could fault of fix.

Very happy.

Excellent Installer

Dealing with Sunrun was a pleasurable experience.
Ravi was very patient with my inquiries. I like to know all the variables, so I requested 7 different quotes for our new system. Different panels brands, string, Optimizers, inverters, and overall size.

I settled on mid range as always.
A 6.6Kw system with 18 Solar Edge 365W panels with optimizes, and a Solar Edge 5Kw inverter.

Paid the deposit in late 2020, but because of Covid the Installation could not be done until mid Feb 2021. Ravi kept in contact to let me know expected dates.

The installers turned up promptly about 7am as expected and progressed swiftly to have it finished by approx 1am in the day. They were courteous and discussed the installation with me and answered my questions.
We now have 18 North facing panels, and 6 West facing panels which was decided by the shape and size of our roof.
The inverter was placed along side our switch box which is in the garage, and looks very neat and tidy.

We were advised that the inspector would come in about 2 weeks time, but he showed up a couple of days later. Everything passed and we were up and running.

Ravi organized all of the documents we needed, and contacted our Electricity retailer to get our solar connection finished.

Using the Solar Edge phone app and online monitoring, I noticed that our west facing panels were not producing at all.
I contacted Ravi and they looked into it. It took about a 3.5 weeks to get it sorted, apparently each string must have a minimum of 8 panels for it to work, so now 2 of our north facing panels are part of our west facing string. Apparently the electricians were unaware of this requirement.

The system has been working for 6 months now. We were getting 5Kw on sunny days, but now as we have moved into a dark and cold winter in Melbourne production has dropped off, so it has been hard to judge the impact on our retail bills so far.

Dealing with Sunrun was pleasant overall, except for an error by the installing electricians and the time it took for this error to be rectified.
I will recommend SunRun Solar to anyone that is in the market from now on.

Peter

Great communication and very clean work

Sales and quoting was great and very detailed, helped organise grid connection and very punctual

Highly recommended

Great Customer Service & Quality Installation!

Sunrun Solar has been amazing throughout the full process with their outstanding knowledge and customer service while providing a very competitive price.

Sunrun was not the cheapest quote we received but the safety and trust we felt with the team and the products far outweighed the small price increase compared to their competitors.

The great thing about Sunrun Solar is they have their own in-house installers which were important to us to ensure a quality installation. This also means if any problems do come up in the future we won't have to worry about sub-contractors not returning to their job sites.

James and the installation team were very professional, kept the property clean, and educated us on how the system works.

We have already recommended Sunrun Solar to all of our friends and family and we are doing the same to you as well.

Thanks so much for the system Sunrun!

Fantastic job they did

Tarak at Sunrun Solar did a excellent job to us. I can recommend these guys to anyone without any hesitate

Excellent quality and service

Its been running for more than a year now and am fully satisfied with installation and services.

Original Review on 14-05-2021:

Sunrun Solar Vic - Nice people to do business with

My wife and I settled on a 7.4kw sytem. This comprised 20 x REC Alpha 370 Panels and a 6kw SolarEdge Inverter.
The icing on the cake was the decision to also purchase the Tesla Powerwall 2.

The People at Sunrun were easy to deal with and true to their word. No funny business with quotes and their recommendations matched the research I had undertaken.

The panel/inverter install went well and the install team were polite and friendly. Importantly, they treated this old couple with respect and a mindset of helping out where they could. They even offered to trim some tree branches that would shade some panels in the winter months. James and his team were a pleasure to engage with.

The site was cleaned up and swept clean and the final product - panels on two roofs, sub-switch board and inverter in the garage, all looked great and as if they were always there.

James spent time with us at the end of the job, setting up the inverter with our WiFi and showing us how to use it.

The Battery Installation was carried out by a different crew a few weeks later. Same degree of service. Just nice people. They integrated the position of the battery with the Inverter so that the whole project looks neat and tidy.

Meter reconfiguration for FIT and final inspections all went through seamlessly.

Would I do business with these guys again? Most certainly. The price was about what we expected but the service was much better that what we expected.

We found Sunrun Solar through Finn and his Team. Thanks for a great recommend.

1 months later we asked Alex: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are very pleased with all three components - The REC Alpha 370 panels with Optimisers, The SolarEdge 6000 Inverter and the Tesla 2 Battery with Gateway. Now, if we could just move the Mornington Peninsula a little nearer to the Equator, we would would have the complete package.

Quality installer, you can't go wrong

Reasonable quoting process, you can clearly see that the sale guys knows what he is doing, installation went great, quality install.
The installer take care to secure every component like it was his own house.

After install the system start-up, connecting you to the grid and notifying your electric company was taken care of.

Overall worth the money.

Smooth experience

Very smooth and easy experience with Sunrun Solar. The quote was clear, pricing was affordable, the installation teams were polite and tidy.
Sunrun Solar organized everything on my behalf with all stakeholders, so I just sit and relax. Highly recommend.

Exceptional all way through

Beginning from reasonable price and ending: outstanding. Customer service both pre and post installation, I couldn't be more happier with solar panel installation with Sunrun Solar.

Given price for my system was lower then other companies offered. All process is transparent. Updates and notifications are via emails, so you clearly understand what is going on and what to expect. Customer support responds in no time.

Great customer experience

Quoting process was very straightforward and helpful.

Installation went very smoothly and installation guys really went the extra mile helping us with some broken roof tiles.

The customer service was superb, to say the least, and extremely polite.

If I ever had to install on another house I would pick these guys any day.

100% Satisfaction with Sunrun Solar service and installation.

From the start of my telephone enquiry to the completed installation, Tarak Shah was the complete professional. He was always easy to reach and competent in all his responses. Tarak guided me through the complete process in a knowledgeable manner. Tarak went to great lengths to explain all the processes needed to be completed during his quotation period. He also dealt with every aspect of the Government forms to be completed to my absolute satisfaction.

This was my second try to have Solar panels installed. There was no comparison in the service that Tarak gave me with the former, ensuring that all matters, no matter how insignificant it seemed, was promptly seen to.

The time he said the installers would be at my home was correct. The installation went smoothly and in a excellent tradesman like way, even to ensuring all screws , nuts and so forth was cleaned up before they left. The installer also went to great lengths to explain the process of how the installation worked. Tarak contacted me after to ensure I was happy and to inform me when the inspector would be at my home to give approval and switch the process on. Tarak has contacted me a number of times since to enquire if there was any problems with the system, which there was none.

Got right System and great Installation!!!

We recently got 6.6KW system installed by Sunrun Solar. Everything right from Design to Installation has gone very well with no issues. Many thanks to Kaushik who went through the system in detail and helped us in selecting right Inverter and Solar Panels. Extremely happy with the final product.

The installation was done in a very tidy manner with no damage to Tiles.

Happy with the Customer Service and in organising & sorting out grid connection.

Fantastic end result and easy to deal with!

SunRun Solar (especially Kaushik) have been extremely helpful from start to finish and we're really happy with the end-result!

We have had two solar PV systems in the past at our previous house and were keen to upgrade our new house with as many panels as we could fit on the east and west parts of the roof. We chose to go with SunRun due to the great reviews on sites like this, and also their transparent pricing. Very glad we did!

The sales and quoting process was very easy and the team helped to design a great system, with several variations along the way (inverter upgrade, additional panels, consumption monitoring). After each variation we were sent an updated quote which made it really easy to compare other prices. The quote document itself is very clearly formatted with charts, aerial diagrams of the house and a lot of useful information about expected savings, etc.

The installation was done in a very tidy manner and the installation team made efforts to fit us in to a tight schedule, even after one of their team members was unwell. There was an extremely minor issue picked up in the inspection (some missing plastic plugs on unused terminals in the inverter), however the team stayed in touch an kept us updated all the way and came over to resolve it with a quick turnaround. Tyler and team did a very tidy job installing on a tricky roof and the panels look great.

The post-installation service was exceptional too, with Kaushik and team helping to efficiently resolve some software issues with the SMA inverter. We now have real-time monitoring of consumption and generation which will help to use the system more efficiently and hopefully save quite a bit of money in the long run.

Many thanks to the SunRun team - highly recommended for a reasonable price, great end result and very proactive and helpful customer service!

Great Installation

Quoting process was easy and Rafi was a pleasure to deal with and the installation guys were punctual Polite and very helpful.
I would highly recommend Sunrun Solar.

Great company with top information. Installation perfect.

After talking with a couple of other Solar installers, I spoke with Tarak at Sunrun. He was honest and straight from the beginning and Sunrun did absolutely everything they said they would, with a high degree of professionalism and care.

I highly recommend them for your solar installation.

It was a good experience

Quote was clear and was easy to obtain
The installation team of 3 were Polite, Tidy, Punctual and efficient. The team leader J was exceptional.
Customer service was good with quick responses to my queries. The grid connection was organised. I am still waiting on a bill from my provider to see the impact of the system.

Great service from the start - SunRun was on to the quote quickly and worked through the process with me and provided the quotes - they then were responsive in answering questions that I had. Installers were on time, very professional and cleaned up after themselves.

Mind Blowing Service!

Highly recommend Sunrun Solar. It was great dealing with Tarak as he provided us the detailed information on the system and suggested a great system for our needs. We decided to go with 6.6KW and Fronius inverter. The team was very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient with their communication. The installation went flawless and very quick and the installers were very punctual and I appreciate that they cleaned up everything immediately after the install. We are glad to choose you, a very reliable company with high standards and great customer service!!

Happy customer

After having received multiple quotes from various solar retailers, decided to go with Sunrun Solar as they offered us the best value for money for the solar system we were after.

In addition, Kaushik was very pleasant to deal with throughout the entire process from quoting to post-installation; he was professional and very responsive to all the questions I had.

The installation of the solar system itself went very smooth and took place about 6 weeks after paying the deposit. The installation team was punctual and polite and the panels and inverter were installed in about 3 hours.

The installer took care of the grid connection process as well, which was finalised about 4 weeks after the installation.

Fantastic job, very professional and friendly

Friendly, well explained the process and the price was the best in the market and did a fantastic job.
From start to finish, I could not have been more pleased with the choice I made to go with Sunrun Solar.

Great service and very happy with our system

Sunrun Solar were excellent to deal with from beginning to the end of the installation process,
We are very pleased with our system and it is outputting at the level forecast by Sunrun Solar when they originally quoted.
I have already recommended Sunrun Solar to members of my family.

nice people, very good over all, but not so good customer service

This is my real experiences with Sunrun, and I will update this review when there is a new development.

Background: I was not looking for the cheapest but the best services. After searching the internet and asking around, I got in touch with Sunrun.

1) Getting a quote. Very easy and friendly. In fact, the sales person was knowledgeable and gave me the confidence. Therefore, 5 stars here. And I settled with Sunrun although I obtained some other cheaper quotes and Sunrun is above the average cost.

2) Paperwork and others are quick and easy. 5 stars.

3) before installation. Well, I have to give it 1 star here. I got the quote in 10/08/2020. Indeed it was during Covid but I was happy that the sales promised that the installation will be in late November. I did not hear anything from them anymore so in early October I called them. The person who answered the phone was always nice and said "we will get back to you."
They never did!
I called them 6 times! and they never returned my calls or any follow up.
In November, the same happened for another 7 calls.

I had enough so in early December, I gave them a surprised visit. Well, in their office I told them, either “I get my refund or I get an answer!”
They were quick to apologise and to sort thing out and booked me an installation on 20/01/21.

4) Installation. 5 stars. They turned up early 7:20am, and the team seemed working well. They installed the whole big system in just one day. When finished, I did ask them “any broken tiles?” The guys assured me that “there is none broken”.
Being an engineer myself, I inspected the “surface” of the installation with a drone. Surprised, I did find one tile broken. I am not suggesting anything bad here. Obviously, some broken tiles can be unnoticed unless you are looking for them. I had purchased extra 35 spare tiles in case they need them, so, there is no reason they won’t replace the tiles if they know about it.
I took a picture of the broken tile, and sent it to them. He said the team will comeback to fix it.

And they did come back to seal the broken tile after 4 weeks (there was the third lockdown).

5) Post installation paperwork. Quick and easy. Inspector came within a few days, which is excellent. 5 stars here. AGL already received all the paperwork and getting thing processed.

Over all, I would have given Sunrun 5 stars if the communication was better.

Honest company and great to deal with

I chose Sunrun Solar for my solar installation after seeing various reviews on Google and SolarQuotes. I had a Fronius Primo 6.6Kw system and a fronius smart meter with Jinko 370w panels installed in late January 2021.
I also had my switchboard upgraded, as it was very old with ceramic fuses which had to be replaced.
The installers completed the job for both the solar installation and switchboard upgrade in 1 day. They did a fantastic job; very careful and great service.
My sales person Raphael, who I communicated with throughout the entire process, from initiation to completion, was great. He answered all my questions and completed all the paperwork.
They even came out to adjust a voltage setting on my inverter after a phone call out I made and configured the APP on my phone so that I could monitor solar consumption remotely.
Great company, with great sales staff and technicians. Highly recommended.

Very Happy

Thanks to the team at Sunrun for installing the new system. The process was easy from start to finish and all the staff were friendly and easy to deal with!

Very good company

I called for some information and the guy was very helpful and competent. I decided to go with them. The process was smooth and easy.
I signed the contract and I applied for the government rebate. After everything was approved, I had my solar panels installed in less than 8 weeks. The guys that installed the system were very competent. They did an amazing job (clean, organized and... it looks so good).
After one year I didn’t have any problem and I am so happy with that!!!
I highly recommend this company!

Great installation

Ravi did a great job finding the right solar for me!

Professional and business oriented

Installer were really focus on what they were doing and done in expeditious manner

Great Experience..!

I was looking for a solar company to install solar panels at my house. I did my research and most companies were offering similar products with price. However, Sunrun Solar was slightly expensive than others but it was justifiable. Every other company I was dealing with had salespeople without any technical knowledge and Sunrun Solar was only one who answered my technical questions. They have an in-house team of CEC designers and installers. So I decided to pay extra for the first time and get solar done properly. I have recommended them to many of my friends and will recommend them to anyone out there looking for solar.

Fantastic sales person & Great Installer

I really loved the customer service. I 've been dealing with a professional sales person (Tarak) who made the deal so clear and made the process very smooth.

I would really recommend Sunrun Solar to my friends, as My experience was the best with those guys.

Also the installer (Blake) was so professional, he knows what to do, and was very organised. so that the installation day was very easy and smooth

the good thing about Sunrun Solar that you need to worry about anything, they do everything for you, this includes organising the grid connection, and contacting your power provider. They made your life much easier, so no need to think about what you should do after.

Great to deal with. Quick and easy installation

I would highly recommend SunRun Solar to anyone. The whole process was super easy and Nick was easy to contact and happy to answer any questions. The installation went smoothly and looks great. From start to finish we got a great service from Tarak and his team.

Highly recommend Sunrun solar

The whole experience from quote to installation was very smooth. The team was really helpful in answering all of my queries during quotation phase to installation phase. Highly recommend Sunrun Solar.

Excellent value for money

The quoting process was professionally done and very speedy.
The installers were very friendly and helpful.
The follow-up with the electricity retailer/distributer ran smoothly and quickly.
All in all, a great service, with COVID causing a hiccup in the middle of the process, but works were completed immediately when the government allowed the workers back on site.

Awesome experience...

I researched a lot before buying solar panels for my house. One of the company was Sunrun Solar. I was dealing with Tarak and he was very responsive and knowledgeable about products. They have an in-house team of installers which makes a lot of difference with service. At the same time they were not cheapest but at the end of the day, "we get what we pay for". Anyone looking for a reliable and knowledgeable solar retailer, I will definitely recommend Sunrun Solar.

A very professional company

We’ve had two solar systems installed on two different properties by Sunrun Solar, and couldn’t be happier.

They provided a range of quotes, each using different brands of panels, thereby making it easier to find a system that suited our budget.

Our contact, Karyn, was patient, knowledgeable, and professional. Upon experiencing some difficulty applying for the rebate from Solar Victoria, she went ‘above and beyong’ getting things sorted out.

The installation crew arrived at appointed hour, and did a beaut job, both on the roof and with the wiring. Very neat, and left our property as tidy as they found it.

Grid connection and electrical inspection was all taken care of at their end.

All up, we’ve found them to a good company, with good products, and good people.

Fantasic through out the whole process, great communication, always returned calls ,very professional,Very happy.

Sales/quoting: Karyn has provided amazing customer service, friendly, helpful, returned all our calls! She took us through the whole process really well, clearly explained everything and made it a pleasurable experience.
Installation: Installation was done in two stages due to Co-vid restrictions, but we were contacted the whole time to keep us updated as to what was happening and when the intallers were arriving. They were on time, friendly, polite and did a very neat job and were very impressive with their cleanup afterwards. Taylor was our main point of contact and was great throughout the whole process.
Customer service/grid connection: All done really quickly, the customer service people from Sunrun made sure that our energy provider was getting it organised and that we were connected to the grid asap.

Great

Finally can complete the solar installation during this covid period. Really appreciate the team to makenit happened. The team is professional, give the best and top system. The installer very tidy explain everything in details what they do.

Positive overall experience

I had my system installed in April 2020 & wanted several months to pass before submitting my review:
Positives
- Sales (& general office): responsive and easy to communicate with. Promptly answered questions & prepared different options. More importantly, continued with excellent service post installation/full payment.
- Delivered as communicated (installation within 4-5 weeks, installers arrived as scheduled, independent inspection within 1 week, facilitated grid connection with all the relevant paperwork)
- Installation - efficient - sub-contractors finished within 3 hours and completed the job in challenging conditions (rain). 5-6 on-site (1 configured switchboard, another the inverter, and 3-4 on the roof). Layout of the panels was as agreed. Inspector communicated they did a 'pretty good job' & no issues identified.
- Flexible: I requested a 5kW Sungrow inverter but overlooked that the contract stated a different model to what I preferred. A couple of weeks after signing I realised this and asked if I could swap over to a newer model, which they were happy to do at no additional cost

Areas to note
- Pre quote/installation site inspection is not standard, and panel layout is based on satellite imagery. It's worth doing your own homework on layouts. I was concerned with shading and exclusion zones so I researched how I wanted the configuration, which differed slightly to their suggestion. I used https://www.suncalc.org/ to provide information on shading, measured roofspace to ensure sufficient exclusion zones, instructed rooftop isolator was on the side not facing the road, and had the inverter installed on the 'cooler' eastern side of the garage (on the opposite side to the western facing roller door).
- They proceeded with the installation despite heavy rain forecast, meaning a window of only around 3hr. Installers were efficient & worked tirelessly in the conditions to install within this timeframe. There were a couple of minor aesthetic/clean up matters but nothing major.

Overall - generally pleased with the installation and service.

Excellent supplier and installer

Approx two and half years ago I was present at a house in Mount Waverley, Victoria whilst a representative from Sunrun Solar called Tarak Shah was present and discussing/quoting a Solar installation package install for those premises.

At the end of these discussions I requested a business card and booked a future inspection and quote for a Solar install on my own residential premises nearby.

Mr Shah readily agreed to same and and appointment date and time was made there and then.

NB: Property specs of the aforementioned proposed Solar Install
1) 3 phase power utilised throughout the site

2) Solar panels to be installed on the roof of a 2 storey shed

3) 3 Phase Froniuos Inverter required

4) Solar panels to be installed on the roof of a 2 storey shed currently under construction at the time situated at the rear of the premises.

5) Fronius Inverter to be wall mounted in the above shed.

6) Power from the inverter to the mains switch board to run under ground from the shed to the house, continuing underneath the house to the mains switchboard at the front of the house.

Sales/Quoting Process:

Mr Shah arrived exactly at the appointed time and day, made a site inspection, after which we discussed the above Solar Installation.

He was extremely efficient and courteous with all my questions being answered plus unsolicited explanations and suggestions that I found very helpful.

All of the above installation requirements were accommodated without any fuss what so ever.

Using the internet, he then designed and made a sketch of what the installation would look like so that I could visualise it and discuss it with my wife later. The sketch also included the details of the solar panels to be used and the inverter.

I contacted him the next day and requested a written quote which I received the same day. It was exactly as we had discussed the previous day and I made arrangements to visit Sunrun Solar premises to sign a contract and pay a deposit re same.

Note: it took another 6 months before the roof was ready for the Solar installation.

Installation day:

Two installers (both electricians) arrived exactly at the appointed time and day and installed 20 solar panels, the inverter including all the wiring connected with same, by mid afternoon.

They were very courteous, helpful and cleaned up and removed all the rubbish they generated during the install.

Residual Regulatory Requirements:

i) A few days later an Electrical Inspector arrived and inspected the Solar Installation, and then activated it to the power grid.

ii) Sunrun Solar then organised and submitted all the documentation required to register the installation with the relevant electricity service supplier, at the completion of which I received the installation and Inspection certificates, and other relative documents.

I can only describe the above as a sensational experience with no 'hiccups' of any kind.

All planned phases of the install happened on time every time, and I have no negative comments to make whatsoever.

It was so good in fact that I have had Sunrun Solar install a second Solar Panel setup on the house, which was conducted exactly in the manner described above. No negative comments about this one either.

Now! I was that impressed and satisfied with the above two installs, that I had Sunrun Solar supply and install a Tesla Battery approx 3 months ago.

This to was carried out in the same efficient and effective manner of the previous two solar panel installs.

In view of the above I have no hesitation in recommending Sunrun Solar as a Solar Power system installer, with Mr Shah as the go to man to discuss and organise your Solar Power requirements.

Great to work with

Sunrun solar was professional and easy to work with every step of the way. They answered any questions we had promptly and looked after every last detail. We are very happy with the unit and their service.

A great little Australian company, which completed a fantastic installation for me

I don't normally write reviews, so I hope that this will help someone new to the solar market, to find this great little company.

I started as a first time buyer, who knew nothing about solar when I went to market, and I met Sunrun Solar when getting my third quote, through a referral from a friend.

By our own design, we have no gas connected to our newly built property, so solar is critical to ensuring household energy consumption is optimised.

Sunrun Solar love what they do, so they are happy to talk openly about things in their industry, and learn anything they don't already know. They took the time to get the size of my system right, and after comparing their quotes with the market, it took me a couple of weeks to I figure out that, they were not overselling me a product that I did not need. This was further confirmed by data from my energy analytics app.

Solar was not one of my priorities during the planning and building process, and the fact is that they did not hassle me at all (sometimes it was months before there was any communication), so this freed me up for dealing with other pressing matters. Just watch out for dodgy operators, and I do have to say this, because I ran into one. And I mean businesses that treat you like government subsidies! (I do not know how to describe it, but for one business I felt like they were only trying to suck me in, basically to collect their effective profit from the government, so all they wanted was to sign me up. Just watch out for this kind of behaviour, and be prepared to block these businesses out on your phone, because this one kept on calling me every single day, even when I clearly said no I do not want to proceed.)

Back to Sunrun Solar. They have down to earth pricing - and I can't stress this enough - and this is due to their product, which is fundamentally a cost saving product. (I know there are environment saving aspects, but the more research you do, the more you find that a lot of the focus in solar is on the cost saving aspects.) Now I have technology enthusiast tendencies, however when it comes to solar, it basically comes down to cost, and Sunrun Solar is cost competitive. Because these guys have structured themselves right. Despite their low pricing, they communicated with me among the best in their industry. They are not perfect, and some business processes need improvement, but I believe they would be taking steps to improve their overall customer experience. I tried calling them for support a few times (thinking are they going to help?), and now after my experiences, I would reliably expect that an intelligent and diligent person answers, on the first call.

So where are they not too lean? What important corners have they not cut?

- They operated with sincerity, an honest approach, to the point where it felt like mates were coming around to renovate/improve our property.

- They are very open to discuss panel layout (on a brand new Colorbond roof), at their sales phase and their installation phase, who are different persons in their team. This aspect of solar is not as flexible as you might think, especially if you are new to solar, so Sunrun Solar was a comfortable company that I could talk frankly to, that didn't have an aim of shooting me down or shutting me up. And I ended up getting every single solar panel installed exactly the way I wanted. (Maybe I was lucky, but this is what happened to me!) I never told these blokes, it was too embarrassing, but I went with a lightning bolt inspired layout. (And the chap that installed it was happy to review my proposed layout three times, before it was something that would fit in with his technical requirements, and he properly explained the rules surrounding the strings too, so that as a beginner, I could understand it.)

- The installer was happy to install the inverter on the side of the garage that I requested, even though it was a little out of his way.

- I was not pressured into buying any specific brand (many major manufacturers 'own' these retailers now), so as a buyer that left me feeling extra satisfied.

- They used existing screw holes in my brand new Colorbond roof, except for where the cabling had to enter the house. Now that I understand this better, I would expect that all solar companies do this, on tin roofs. But Sunrun Solar properly confirmed this, and explained this to me, and my installer was happy to let me on the roof to inspect it (and introduced me to the concept of a roof-attached harness that I can buy at bunnings for myself too). They performed a quality installation, no overhanging panels, no externally exposed rooftop cabling for joining separate strings of panels.

- I am not strict about this, but without me even asking, they were shoes off inside the house, and offered to sweep up mess inside and outside the house. They left a bit of industrial sticky tape on the roof, but they came back to remove it, in a following visit, and without any hesitation after I pointed it out.

- In the context of the coronavirus situation. The installers wore face masks, even before it became mandatory, and for visits that didn't require any entry into the house, they simply avoided that entry too.

- Again, no hassles. And even when they asked me to write this review of their services, I didn't feel obligated or pressured into doing so at all. Also, I am not being paid for this review.

- Any support calls (and I made a couple, for example, I switched energy retailers too early, and the software in the smart meter was not fully configured) were dealt with promptly, and appropriately.
In case you are wondering, what did I end up installing?

- Fronius 8.2kW 3-phase inverter (Austrian company, Austrian made)
- 32 x REC 325W solar panels (Norwegian company, Singaporean made), total of 10.4kW
- Fronius 3-phase smart meter

These guys are not certified Fronius installers (as far as I can tell), but due to their work ethic, and for my purposes, it does not matter. Edit: I have been advised that Sunrun Solar have since become a Fronius Solutions Partner as well.
My only negative feedback is that I got my advice to install on a very specific side of the garage from another solar company (who actually came out to visit me during quoting), and now that I still think about it, it is still the ideal side for solar in our garage. Our solar inverter, NBN and data cabling cabinet are all located on the side wall of our garage, which is more hidden from view, and less cluttered, from the street perspective.

Again, they are great little Australian company, and I would happy recommend them to friends. As always, please do your own market and product research.

The solar consultant was awesome from start to finish, the installation was good, customer service was very helpful and polite.

Professional Install!

Quoting process was handled by Tarak, who first understood the needs for our house and recommended a great system within our budget. Installation went great. After install process was handled with great professionalism by the team at Sunrun.