EnergySA

EnergySA Reviews

Energy SA is a South Australian owned and operated Solar and Air Conditioning Company. With over a decade of experience in the industry, our mission is to provide South Australians with high quality and innovative systems at competitive prices.

"WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON OUR HIGH STANDARD OF INSTALLATIONS AND MATERIALS USED, AND OFFER QUALITY WORKMANSHIP EVERY TIME."

Our professional tradespeople are trained, licensed and reliable.

As experts in both Solar and Air Conditioning we provide:

Design and recommend systems that would best suit your individual circumstances,

Fully qualified, licenced and accredited Installers,

Quality installations with a 10 year guarantee on workmanship,

Solutions for both Residential and Commercial properties,

$10,000,000 public liability insurance,

Warranties on all our products, and only select the best systems available from the big name brands,

Financing solutions to fit in with your budget,

Quality Solar Panels with a 25 year output warranty guaranteed.

Reviewers report paying: $5,500 - $9,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

EnergySA Reviews (81)

Great installer

Good sales, install was good, good clean up after job

Quality service and quality products

Our salesperson Robbie was super helpful and explained all the ins and outs of the solar options. His product knowledge is vast and knew exactly how and what we’d require from our installed panels. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting solar, super affordable for the quality.

Fantastic!

From start to finish Every SA has been brilliant in ever aspect! 10 out of 10. Definitely recommend

Guys did a great installation job. friendly and it all happened ontime and as expected

Quoting was good and quick. Not pushy. Very factual.

Install team was great.

This is my 3rd solar set up and all have been pretty good. this was a touch better across the board though.

Excellent service so far.

Energy SA have been efficient, polite, helpful and on time. The system was install well and is so far doing exactly what they said it would.

Customer service that is exceptional

The process of quote to installation was very quick. The quote was good value.
We have a tricky roof with some shading but I was determined to get solar.
The team know what they are talking about. We ended up choosing Enphase microinverters.
There was no such thing as too may questions! Phone calls or emails were always welcome. When agreeing to the quote and installation, I knew what I was getting, how it would be installed and what to expect in returns. They summarised the process very well. The follow up and administration was exceptional.

The installation was complete in a day. The explanation on how to use the monitoring system was good. The team was polite, friendly and efficient. Everything appears at a high quality and I have confidence in the work.

Original Review on 12-07-2020:

Easy sales and process

The whole process was seamless, from the first engagement through to installation and commissioning. I was feeding into the grid the moment the system was turned on. Everything ran like clockwork Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system was installed in July 2020 and so far the system has recovered 23% of the initial cost and I am in credit. The system is on track to be paid back within 3.5 years or less. Could not be happier.

EnergySA ftw

Was really happy with the entire process from start to finish. Sam was knowledgeable and not at all pushy. The installation was right on time, and even finished early. Best of all was the fact that EnergySA artfully navigated the arcane process of getting my installation hooked up to the grid and transferred to a retailer. I have no hesitation recommending EnergySA.

Outstanding service

Sam went above and beyond to answer all our questions and made the whole process painless. The team that did the install were polite and professional. The admin staff have been extremely helpful. I would absolutely recommend Energy SA.

Great service from quote through to and including installation.

The sales quoting process was easily understood especially because Robby Mack anticipated our questions and provided just the right amount of detail to clearly explain what was covered in the quote.

The installation team was punctual and - they explained exactly what they would be doing, answered our questions, were polite, and cleaned up as soon as they finished. Before leaving they explained exactly what they had done and gave us the opportunity to ask questions.

Customer service is excellent - and yes they are providing support with the grid connection.

no fuss

everything went according to plan
no issues anywhere
happy with service

Happy Customer

Got a phone call from Energy SA pretty quickly. Received a quote via email in detail. Fired lots of questions when he came to discuss about the quote. He's very knowledgeable and answered all of them.
Installation went very smoothly. They were punctual, polite, friendly and explained the process well.
Customer service after via email is good. They organised grid connection prior to installation but my energy company could not find it so Energy SA resend the application immediately.
Also provide support with solar energy production. We are very happy!

Efficient and informative

EnergySA were very impressive. Highly professional. Great information given by Robby Mack and team. Background work done with minimal fuss. Had to have major upgrade of meter and rerouting of electrical box and electricians did the job efficiently. Assisted with co-ordination of all the necessary parties and follow-up.

Trustworthy and knowledgeable

Sam (Sales Representative) was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He was also very patient, answering endless questions. We had to troubleshoot a few details prior to committing to installing, and Sam was quick to think outside the square to help us make progress.
Installation day went smoothly, and the result on the roof is neat. The installers were punctual, and courteous.
All paperwork and connection was handled by EnergySA, and our system was up and running the next day after installation was completed. Very efficient!!
After installation, there was a little hiccup with Solar Analytics program set up, and communication with the office (Stacey) and with Sam was easy and without delays.
All up: happy customers!

Fantastic

Sam was very informative and helpful with the quote.
All the Installers were very polite. They arrived on the dates pre arranged and left their work site
as they found it.
Energy SA organised the grid connection which was all completed within 3 days

Efficient and Worry Free

From consultation to installation everything has been organised and efficient. Robby explained the choices and process clearly, arranged for the meter box to be changed and timing and paperwork couldn’t have been easier and stress free. The system we decided on is in the mid range so will prove its worth over time. We would thoroughly recommend Energy SA for their reliability and expertise.

Couldn't be happier!

Having got multiple quotes from solar providers I chose EnergySA. Their quote was detailed, with multiple options. Sam was punctual, polite and very helpful taking me through everything step-by-step. I was lucky enough to get a cancellation so my installation was very quick. The installation team arrived on time, were very polite and tidied up after themselves - everything you could wish for from tradies! Stacey provided me with excellent customer service including helping me with co-ordinating with my electricity supplier which, due to COVID-19, was sending calls to Manilla! All-in-all a very positive experience and I would not hesitate in recommending EnergySA to anyone else.

EnergySA was a great company to deal with

EnergySA was a great company to deal with. Polite, easy to deal with. Good price as well.

Brilliant company to deal with

Purchased a 10kW solar system with micro inverters in July 2020 from Energy SA. Salesman (Robby Mack) was great - friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Energy SA was the only solar company that actually came to our site and looked at it in real life, not quoting from a google maps image.

Robby considered our requirements and provided multiple quotes at our request so we could review numerous options, and then followed up promptly to answer questions in detail. In the end, they were not the cheapest solar quote but we are confident we have the best system for our needs with quality components. The adminstration was perfect from Lisa and Stacey and we were kept well informed during the process. Installation was perfect - friendly, polite, professional team of 3 guys who arrived on time and finished the job within a day without fuss and cleaned up after themselves. We are still waiting for the electricity provider to install the meter before we can turn on the system but we can already monitor consumption with the Enphase Enlighten website and that is enlightening in itself!

I highly recommend Energy SA if you value high quality, good communication and great customer service.

Very good service and product

The entire process was easy and hassle free. Paul gave several good quotes and after the selection Martin and the team did an excellant job is putting everything togather. I am very happy with the service and the final product.

Best value compared to most

After shopping numerous Solar Companies EnergySA gave advice which saved future problems as other Companies just wanted to sell a Solar System. I already have Solar and just added a battery and needed extra panels. This Company explained what was needed as I recently obtained a Battery charger not an Inverter and needed an additional one. They access numerous Inverters and panels so after extensive research I obtained a system and they came up with the best price and after signing the system was installed within a month. Everything went smoothly and all working well. Other Companies were trying to sell their system that they had obtained a good price even though it was a low rated system. Most of the Solar panels are Tier One but they rate from the best to the bottom of the pile.

An extremely professional business who I highly recommend

An extremely professional business who I highly recommend. Robby did an amazing job designing a solar system for a complex roof, the administration was very smooth thanks to the girls in the office who kept everything moving and the actual installation was seamless. The follow up support has been great. This is a business who genuinely cares for their customers and provides an extremely high quality product and service.

Salesperson made the process run smoothly

Excellent process
Quote received within 24hrs
Thanks installed 3 weeks later
System active two weeks later

Fantastic Installer

Sam came and quoted the solar instalment. After other quotes, SA Energy, were more on the ball, knew their trade well and I felt safe.
The instalment was quick and easy, done in a day.
Stacey in the office has been patient and generous with her time to help me thru understanding how it all works
Great team!

Outstanding customer service!

From start to finish could not ask for better experience.
Quoting was relaxed, informative without any pressure.
Installation of Air Conditioners and Solar was efficient, neat, on time and all the tradesmen where very pleasant and easy to deal with.

Easy and stress free process

Very easy dealings had to modify size and were quick in response.
Everything ran on time and installers were helpful in questions asked and left site as found, clean.
Would highly recommend

Excellent Service

Friendly and reliable installers. Very good office staff coorrdinated all approvals. It was easy and painless. I recommend them.

Highly recommend these designers and installers

The salesman was informative and not pushy, happy to answer any questions. The installers were on time, hard working and polite. The whole process was easy and their customer service was excellent.

Top Team

Right from the outset of working with Energy SA the process has been a delight. All the staff, clerical and technical alike, absolutely own their jobs exhibiting their knowledge, skills and attitude in a friendly and professional manner throughout the whole process.
I have no hesitation with recommending the company for solar panel installations and believe that all their services would be supplied with the same excellent candor.

Well done all!

Let down by disorganized installation

I was impressed with the explanation of what the salesman considered the best system for me. I was also impressed with one other company that gave me a quote. In the end it had to get down to price. Unfortunately energy sa were very disorganized in doing the installation. It was done over four different days.

Very impressive company

The sales and quoting process was thorough and professional. Easy to understand. Well demonstrated. Focus on quality products that will work for a given situation.

Installation process was likewise very professional, efficient and thorough. All seemlessly coordinated with electrician.

Customer service was terrific - very seamless and EnergySA liaised directly with SAPN.

Absolutely Trustworthy

Quite often, with the vast number of solar companies offering all sorts of deals, it's hard to know who to trust. Trust Energy SA !.
Sam quoted our system and laid out all the options and was able to answer any questions on the fly. Very knowledgeable. Others focused on the downside of fly by nighters or persistently negative about the pitch of the roof (in our case). Sam addressed those issues without fuss but that was all.
Peter got the preliminaries sorted with the minimum of fuss and was mindful of the little things that a home owner finds important.
Robby called to give news of a reasonably lengthy delay with installation and despite my measured disappointment did an excellent job of rearranging schedules to get as close to back on track as he could.
Martin, Louis & Peter got the job done with good nature and consideration and had the system running within a week of start date. (With a slight delay for weather)
And finally, Stacey & Lisa, although unseen in the process, made sure that all the admin side was efficiently and promptly dealt with.
We would not recommend anyone else. Brilliant service and workmanship from start to finish.

Friendly and professional

Every person that we dealt with in the installation process (initial salesperson, office staff, roof preparer, installer, electrician) was friendly, punctual and professional. We are happy with the installation and confident that if we need any after sales support, we will be dealt with in the same way.

Awesome installer

Everthing was easy.. I was having a small bit of trouble with the wifi connection and they responded to assist in getting it setup instantly..such a great team all round.

Difficult install done well

Difficult site and two roof pitches one 45'. Whole team was supportive and well organised. They kept me in the loop throughout the whole process.
Very happy.

Great to work with

Very smooth from quote to install. Only company to provide multiple quotes covering a range of products and price ranges. Installers did a great job - recommending a slightly different panel layout based on shading concerns. From quote to install in ~ 3 weeks without a hassle.

Great Installer

Arrived when they said they would. Very professional, friendly and clean work. Couldn’t believe how quick they were able to install once quote was accepted.

Well done!

Couldn't be happier with the whole installation process! I was offered a few quotes to choose from and was able to choose a price and system that suited my needs. All the work was done promptly and all questions answered. The only issue I had was getting the WiFi inverter to setup with my phone so I could monitor the system, but sorted that out. Thanks to all involved.

Energy SA Five Stars

I recently had solar panels added to my townhouse by Energy SA. Robby was great as he attended my premises and gave me a detailed account of the job. Once sorted his installation people did a great job and were on time. Furthermore, the admin staff were fantastic as well. Always kept me updated and nothing was too much trouble.

Original Review on 04-10-2018:

Its very hard to positively decide what is best value. Everybody says their panels and inverter are the best. We have gone with a Zeversolar with a 10 year warranty. According to EnergySA they have had very good experience with the latest model and back it up themselves for 10 years. They say Fronius is a lot more expensive and doesn't have as good a warranty as they offer on the Zevesolar. Others say Zeversolar are cheap and nasty with a 5 year return to Zeversolar for repair and we should buy Fronius. Time will tell.
My old Areosharpe 1.5KW still works after 8 years and most died years ago! Most agree Jinko are good value and we are getting 230W Black framed ones which at least seem to be the latest and a good choice.

Sam, the consultant from Energy SA, has been very helpful and patient with us. I am a fussy customer and want it as I want it and needed to research and understand everything about it before I would commit. The system is going to be located in 3 locations, 2 of which are slightly north of East facing and one slightly west of North. It is not the easiest and probably not the best for solar collection. All in a row on the west roof would be easy but part of my specification is I didn't want to see them from the front of the house

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Russell: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It works very well and we think we will even get through winter without a power bill. AGL 20c feedin tarrif.
Just waiting for origin ever to come tomorrow to do meter work etc then we who be operational
Would definitely recommend this company, we had very little knowledge of solar power or systems but they made it very easy to choose by going through everything with us.
There was no "hard sell" as in another company we received a quote from and we could not fault anyone from sales, office or installation. Also installers were great and did a very good job of cleaning up after!
First contacted Energy SA on 21st January and everything, including meter change, completed by 14th February. Well done all.
Do the shop around but make sure you compare apples with apples. Make sure you understand the products as this will get you on the same page as the sellers.
Energy SA is the way to go.
Brilliant from sales to installer to follow up. 10/10.
We do not have our solar system installed yet. We are still waiting on the installer who have nominated the 19th December for the install. That will be approximately 7 weeks since we signed the contract. Our energy provider, origin have already changed over the meter. Additionally, the installer has taken a while to get back to our queries. This is why we have rated the customer service average.