Green Wiring

Green Wiring Reviews

Green Wiring is based in Western Australia and provides top quality solar panel products at reasonable prices. It believes that everyone should be able to benefit from renewable energy without having to compromise on the quality of their equipment.

The company has more than 25 years of experience in the electrical industry and has solar installation accreditation from the Clean Energy Council. The team at Green Wiring are said to provide installations of the highest possible quality.

Reviewers report paying: $2,900 - $5,200 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Green Wiring Reviews (848)

4.4/5

4.4/5

Original Review on 07-09-2021:

Great customer experience

Friendly, knowledgeable salesman - answered all my questions. Great price for good quality components Original ratings

8 months later we asked Tony: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

It all seems to work. But my electricity bill has not dropped a lot. I only have a fridge and aquarium on all the time - nothing that uses a lot of power [gas hot water].
My neighbour is about the same but his bills are $40, whereas mine are $200

Happy Customer

Sales person visited and explained the systems and options well (as did all three that quoted per Finn's recommendation). Installation was fast and efficient, despite patchy rain on the day. Goodwe inverter setup was simple (happy with no noise from inverter). Just installed today, so we'll see how it goes.

great service, so far so good

Only company to actually do a site visit to quote. Managed to bring installation date early. Install was tidy. Connection all done for us. Happy

Easy

The experience right from Steve explaining what's right for us to the experienced installation team, to the quality materials used was just great. Kenny was great with answering all my after installation questions.. Very happy with solar quotes who were prompt with recommending installers and so happy I shortlisted Green wiring. The quality of the PV system and price given was great value. I got a 6.6kw qcell and fronius symo combination. Highly recommend them for quality, honest and value quotes.

Great customer service

The process was very easy. Steve came to my place, open to answer all of our questions. Very happy with the outcome

Fair price, great installation, saving money

Sales process - quick and professional. Was good to have the information from SolarQuotes to be able to answer the questions on the spot and correctly.

Installation - date was moved up by a month which was great. Chaps arrived on time and finished early.

Overall customer services - great, would definitely recommend this installer

Easy Process

Sale and quoting process was easy and informative
Installation team were excellent. Were able to schedule us in earlier than expected and installation was quick and professional

Great communication throughout. Really competitive pricing and workmen we’re professional and polite. Thank you

Just went in today so need to wait and see how it goes but see above for service and price info

Original Review on 15-05-2021:

Excellent install!

The whole process, from the beginning to the end was very smooth, with no problems. The installers gave full briefing at the end and left the work area as they found it. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Odvar: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I would highly recommend

Good Job

Salesman talked us through what we needed. installers left a dozen or so metal clamp things on the roof which probably would have rusted up there. Apart from that they were very neat and tidy cleaning up most of the dust etc when drilling through the carport wall. wi fi is playing up a bit meaning i have to reset it every time i want to look at the daily production but i haven't yet contacted them for a fix. all in all I'm very happy with the system installed and am looking forward to our next power bill.

i was not home for the install but the wife tells me the team leader on the install was very nice

Perth Solar Force wanted to make sure I had 20 roof tiles spare to replace broken ones but our installers did not break any

Great installer, good communication, looks good.

The sales/quoting process was easy. Installation was brought forward due to an opening in their availability. Install went fine, looks tidy.

Great company

Great salesperson and great installation. People were friendly and professional

1,2,3 Solar!

Overall, an enjoyable process and streamlined sale. Beside the initial assessment, there was very little left to do on my part. All paperwork (notices, registration, rebates) were taken care of by the installer. I spent the day overseeing the installation and doing the wifi setup with them. Made the payment and presto! Solar installation complete. The successful supplier came in $1000 less than their competitors, with similar, if not the same, offering. Although he knew I had met others, I didn't bother with horse trading so simply asked him for his best price - glad I did.

Very satisfied with service

I went ahead with a company called Green Wiring who I would recommend to anyone. The salesman was polite, informative and helpful and the installers were professional and explained the system well. I would recommend this company highly to anyone considering a solar system

Fast and efficient installation and high quality installation.

Personable and honest interaction through the sales process.
Company is well managed and efficient it seems.
All very easy and everything was checked with owner before making any decisions and starting installation.

Yet to be proven

The quality of the service was excellent.
We had 3 companies who were going to contact us. The first company said they were unable to visit us until a time in the future but we were ready to go ahead straight away and a future appointment was not preferred.
Green Wiring contacted us and suggested a time in the near future. We told them that this was a problem and that we were over 90% committed to go ahead. Green Wiring wanted our work and agreed to visit us the following evening.
Steve contacted us the next day to confirm the time for that evening. (We were impressed 2 contacts within 24 hours, he obviously wanted our custom) and then he rocked up on time.
We had previously had another company around to quote and while the rep was friendly she was evasive on a couple of my questions.
Steve had no such aversion to answering my questions and he impressed us with his expertise.
He was not phased when we said we asked for an installation date. Steve gave us a choice of two. We selected the first available time and Steve told us the process from there. He explained that Western Power would be around to change the meter system to digital. We were contacted by Green Wiring at least4 times after the quote acceptance and the installation. Honestly we did not have to do a thing after we gave Green Wiring the go ahead, The installers arrived on time on the agreed day and went about the installation in a most professional manner. When asked how long the installation would take the installer said they would be gone by 2.30. They were finished by 1PM.Under promised and over delivered which impressed us.
Indeed Green Wiring did not make any rash promises they merely told us what would happen and within what time frame. Great company to deal with and we would recommend them to friends.
We also appreciated Solar Quotes follow up and interest in the process. Your comments on the several you tube sessions were very informative and helped to allay any worries we might have.

Original Review on 08-04-2021:

Quick response, great customer service and installation

Sales person got in touch within 2hrs and was onsite with a plan the next day.

Did not try to push any brands and was upfront about the available options. Taught me what to look out for during installation.
Actually talked me out of spending on extras.

Replied to my email questions with a call within a day. Organised everything with Western Powers without a problem.

Installers were on time and polite. When they realised that the panels wouldn't fit the way we wanted, they suggested a compromise without being pushy.

All done by 2pm (could be earlier if they didn't have to remove the old solar system first) and helped me get setup with the app.

8 months later we asked Don: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. No regrets replacing the 7yo rubbish system that the house came with.
Expect this system to pay for itself in less than 5yrs, and that's not even taking into account the additional power the swimming pool is drawing daily yet!

Great Value, Great installation, Ok Sales Process

I’m very happy overall with my solar / inverter. I’m in my 4th week after install and so far so good. The installers were great and I was home during the install and they kept me informed. The overall the process was smooth. My only small difficulty was, because I have a chimney shading I may have needed an optimiser (depending on final panel install location) and they were not forthcoming with options for optimum design in this regard nor initially with having an optimiser available with the install crew just in case. But they did agree to this, and to be fair didn’t need it in the end and overall I’m very happy with Green Wiring and can recommend them.

From the 1st contact to the installation, the experience was fantastic. Straight answers to our questions was a major plus.

Quoting was easy and informative.
Installation punctual, quick, with helpful advice on positioning etc.
All grid connection etc. was all done for us.

3 houses each 6.6 kw

Very prompt and neat workmanship, 2 of the 3 houses done; 3rd programned for 29/11.

An issue arose, and was a coincidence in that a fault appeared post-install with the Western Power mains switch on unit b: the switch heated up and failed. Kenny from Green Wiring came promply and checked the install and found no fault then noticed the western power switch at the edge of the property and alerted western power, who were quick to cut all power, but slow to reconnect when my electrician replaced the switch. That switch was also used previously when Western Power upgraded the meter box. Suspected loose wire causing arcing.

Smooth installation

The salesperson from Greenwiring was informative, helpful, and able to answer all our questions.
Our meter box had to be upgraded by Western Power, and this was organised through Greenwiring and done promptly.
The installers worked on a wet and windy day so had to take breaks, but the process was finished on the day and the men were polite and hardworking.
The system started working immediately and any questions I have had I have been able to call Greenwiring and get information straight away.

Nice Stress Free Installation

After getting 3 companies to obtain quotes from, Green Wiring made the first move, Steve arrived for quote, prepared with a drawing of how it could be installed, answered my questions, gave me a quote and I ended up going with them. Early bird gets the job.

The guys had pre-arranged the Bi-directional meter install for me.
My Install was 3wks earlier than planned, due to another customer not being ready, so the guys arrived at 8.30am, and started work, I was WFH so I checked on them a few times, seemed like they were doing a good job, power was off only for 20mins, then they were done by 1pm. The guys explained how it worked and programmed it up for me. They even replaced a few tiles that were pre-broken by others, so I was very impressed by that. Overall a positive experience.

Great Installer

Fantastic service which started with the sales person Steve, and including customer service and the installer Dean and his men. Very polite and friendly, we have no complaints and can easily recommend Green Wiring to people looking to install a solar system.

Original Review on 04-03-2021:

Arrived on time I was very impressed with both workmen explained how to get the best from the system put the ap on my phone so I could monitor the system easily .most impressed with the company.

Arrived on time and I was most impressed with both workers.left my premises clean and tidy explained everything about the system to me and put the ap on my phone so I can easily monitor the system.No complaints at all. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sue: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

i am delighted with my new solar system and have already saved money.the guys who installed it I couldn't fault,
kind regards sue Warren

System installation

All good except escution cut-out on switch board.
Was done with angle grinder not file and drill.
So sloppy work there.was surprised as all the other work was good.

Next issue is synenergy in Western Australia are only giving 2 cents buyback,that needs to change as there is no incentive for people to go solar.
The only reason I did is to charge my ev and I consume 8 to 9 kwh per day with that.

Easy, good price, good sales rep, good installers

Only quoter to call and not just email a questionnaire, Steve was open and honest when he came onsite to quote, grid connection was arranged before install, installers were punctual, polite, tidy, and went the extra mile.

Original Review on 08-02-2021:

Very happy with company and installers

Sales quoting process very good
Installation very good on all aspects of the job
Customer service also very good

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes so far but it has only been 8 months since installation

Prompt service, well explained and great follow up service. The guys cleaned up after themselves, stack away the old system and set up the app ready for use.

Feedback

We were extremely impressed with the whole service that was provided to us. From quoting, installation, explanation of the system, there is nothing we could be critical of.

Fantastic service

Great service from the quotation stage to installation and after service follow up.
Genuine information to assist with making informed decision, as to the brand and size of the required solar system.

I will be highly recommend Green Wiring to my family and friends.

A pleasure to deal with

My existing old inverter died only a week before I sold the house. I contacted Green Wiring and they arranged to visit very promptly. The tech was on time and brought everything he needed to deal with any eventuality. He quickly diagnosed the inverter had died and explained his reasoning in a logical, non-technical way. He very efficiently installed a new inverter - which was a very reasonable price. I used my mobile phone to film him giving efficient, clear instructions about the new system so I could send it to the new owner. The new owner and I were both really relieved this problem was resolved so easily.

Great team

Exceptional customer service. Quote was below what I expected. Everything was explained clearly. The crew who came to install were on time, friendly, explained every step and spotless in their cleaning up. All in all a stress free experience. They phoned a few weeks after install to check there were no issues and there wasn't and I don't expect there to be in the future.

Great experience.

Green Wiring are a all round professional team from initial sales/quote to installation and then owners courtesy call after the work had been completed. Excellent customer service, should be a model for all businesses

A great experience from start to end

Steve came to my house and talked to me for about 30 minutes about the best option for our setup. He was very friendly, approachable and explained everything perfectly, and offered me a fantastic price. Green Wiring organized for the meter to be upgraded about 2 weeks later (took ~5-10 minutes).

The installers did a fantastic job, arrived on time and explained the use of the system so I can monitor its performance. The installation itself is very clean and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Wouldn't hestitate to recommend Green Wiring to anyone looking for a solar installation.

Excellent value and installation.

The salesperson was friendly and offered a range of products which the company uses. We discussed how the installation of solar would benefit our particular situation and we chose the products that we had researched. All our questions were answered with detailed explanations. The quotation offered at the end of the discussion was very competitive.
The company arranged for the changing of our meter to a digital instrument prior to installation of the solar system.
The installation was carried out by two people and they did an excellent job. They arrived on time and before the work started they optimized the positioning of the panels on the roof as they would be on three roof slopes and have to take into account other air cooling and pool heating systems on the roof. A small number of roof tiles were broken during the installation and replaced, and they also identified and replaced an additional cracked tile which had produced water staining on the eaves. The installation work was carried out efficiently and professionally during what was quite a windy and showery day.
The system was up and running and explained/demonstrated before the people left.

Fantastic all around

I had a very seamless experience with this company from start to finish. All the people I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. I cant tell how much money I will save as yet as Perth has had the wettest July for over 20 years.

Original Review on 17-11-2020:

Great installation

All sales people were good, polite and not pushy at all and explained products and gave good advice, the install went without a hitch and was neat and tidy and carried out a week before schedule due to a cancellation, all paperwork and grid connection done by company. Just waiting on my first electricity bill to see if it was all worth it. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gavin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 16-11-2020:

Quick, no fuss solar

Had a few sales reps come out to quote and the Green Wirings rep was the most direct. non-pushy rep I had. Installation had to be rescheduled last minute when their installer called in sick that day, hence the 4 stars, but when they did come out I couldn't fault the install. Customer services throughout the process has been great - quick and efficient. Highly recommended! Original ratings

8 months later we asked Nathan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since installation, just under a year ago, I haven't had any issues and the system performs as expected.

Quality service

First of all, is like to say I was very happy with the product and service I got. Everything went smoothly from the start to the end. I got a quote from Steve. He informed me Green Wiring was able to any product I wanted so he was not pushy at all. So I decided to go with GoodWe inverter which comes with a 10 year warranty and Sun Tech panels with a 15 year warranty.

He then said the office will get in touch to organise when the PV will be installed. I spoke to and corresponded via email to Sia from the office a few times before and after the installation. I asked a few things about the products and how it is installed. Her response was very swift and polite. If she didn't know the answer, she found out for me. As for installation, Aaron was very professional and explained how they were going to install and how long it would take.

I definitely recommend their services.

So simple.

Sales process was done in under 30 mins offering a combination of inverters and panels with facts and figures behind each. No nonsense sales process. We booked the installation and the guys turned up exactly on time. Got 18 panels up and running within 5 hours and we haven’t looked back. The power usage chart on our synergy account clearly shows when the solar was turned on. We have less than halved our electricity bill. At this rate we will got our money back within 2 years and be seeing the savings in our pocket. Would 100% recommend Green Wiring.

Original Review on 16-10-2020:

Delivered as expected no surprises

The process was as expected without surprises and that's all I really ask for. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great way to view and decide on best solar for home.

We had 3 different quotes all the companies were punctual and polite. We found that we learnt different aspects from each company so by the end of the process we felt we understood exactly what we could expect. In the end we went for the cheapest quote because they offered a choice of panels and inverters. Installation was on time and the installers were punctual, polite and took all the rubbish away, installer also had discussion on site regarding the proposed placement of panels and a change was made on-site as it was suggested this was going to be of greater benefit. All grid connection and informing of power company were undertaken by Green Wiring. It was a seamless process and no payment was required until installation.

Great system

Quote was done in person by knowledgeable salesman who explained everything well. Good that any system can be sourced, not limited in choice. Meter and grid connection all organised flawlessly.
There were some hiccups on installation, bit of a mess left behind on the roof and out of level panels, but when I made a post installation phone call these things were fixed up promptly and without hassle, good customer service.
Very happy with the inverter and panels so far, and have only seen a few weeks of winter performance.

Decent install, happy with product used

Sales person was friendly, offered a good deal on the day of meeting so signed up straight away. Happy with products used and price offered.

Very low fuss, no frills if you like.

Original Review on 17-07-2020:

Good system well installed

All salesman were polite but I use the “would I buy a used car from this man” as a gauge.

Two didn’t really listen to what I wanted.

One was very inflexible on panel layout

One I chose discussed all my wants and was able to satisfy me with just a bit of compromise.
He wasn’t cheapest quote but was for the panels and inverter I wanted.

As it was only fitted yesterday 16/7/20 it is too early to gauge the efficiency.

9 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has. My electricity bill has dropped by a huge amount even though I have a hot tub with the heater on most of the day and the Aircon on as required.

On the way

Steve at Green Wiring was punctual polite and made the process easy to understand. I was told Green Wiring are not affiliated with any brand which I liked. No payment until after the installation is completed.

System due to be installed on April so cannot comment on installation yet.

So far so good!

Quoting process was simple, straightforward, clear information. Timing to install was appropriate, technicians were careful, thorough, communicative.
It was up and working without fuss.

Great customer service

Very helpful salesperson and office staff. Installers on time and made a few adjustments eg. positioning of some panels, with consultation with us. Everything was well organised and went smoothly.

Great service from start to finish

I’ve just had my solar installed by Green Wiring (Perth WA) and they were brilliant from start to finish. Sales rep was wonderful and explained everything I needed to know and more. The admin And sales team kept me up to Date along the way. The installation day came and the guys were very polite, cleaned up after themselves and set me up on the internet. I highly recommend them.

Original Review on 18-06-2020:

Great experience start to finish

Received an onsite quote from Green Wiring which was informative and competitive. The salesman explained differences in system components and offered advice on layout and expected returns and performance etc.
Installation was booked in and no payment was requested until “the system is installed and we are happy”.
We were called two weeks ahead of schedule to ask if we wanted an earlier install date, which we were more than happy with.
Installation was efficient and very professional with the whole system installed and operating within one day. The installers did a very professional install, gave us a briefing on operation and left our the site without any mess.
Thanks for a great job, will be definitely recommending Green Wiring to my friends and Family.

8 months later we asked Mike: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded out expectations on quality, performance and workmanship. System is producing super results and so pleased that had Green Wireing install another system at our business premesis.