Green Wiring

Green Wiring Reviews

Green Wiring is based in Western Australia and provides top quality solar panel products at reasonable prices. It believes that everyone should be able to benefit from renewable energy without having to compromise on the quality of their equipment.

The company has more than 25 years of experience in the electrical industry and has solar installation accreditation from the Clean Energy Council. The team at Green Wiring are said to provide installations of the highest possible quality.

Reviewers report paying: $3,099 - $7,450 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Green Wiring Reviews (814)

4.4/5

4.4/5

Original Review on 16-10-2020:

Delivered as expected no surprises

The process was as expected without surprises and that's all I really ask for. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great way to view and decide on best solar for home.

We had 3 different quotes all the companies were punctual and polite. We found that we learnt different aspects from each company so by the end of the process we felt we understood exactly what we could expect. In the end we went for the cheapest quote because they offered a choice of panels and inverters. Installation was on time and the installers were punctual, polite and took all the rubbish away, installer also had discussion on site regarding the proposed placement of panels and a change was made on-site as it was suggested this was going to be of greater benefit. All grid connection and informing of power company were undertaken by Green Wiring. It was a seamless process and no payment was required until installation.

Great system

Quote was done in person by knowledgeable salesman who explained everything well. Good that any system can be sourced, not limited in choice. Meter and grid connection all organised flawlessly.
There were some hiccups on installation, bit of a mess left behind on the roof and out of level panels, but when I made a post installation phone call these things were fixed up promptly and without hassle, good customer service.
Very happy with the inverter and panels so far, and have only seen a few weeks of winter performance.

Decent install, happy with product used

Sales person was friendly, offered a good deal on the day of meeting so signed up straight away. Happy with products used and price offered.

Very low fuss, no frills if you like.

Excellent install

The whole process, from the beginning to the end was very smooth, with no problems. The installers gave full briefing at the end and left the work area as they found it.

Original Review on 17-07-2020:

Good system well installed

All salesman were polite but I use the “would I buy a used car from this man” as a gauge.

Two didn’t really listen to what I wanted.

One was very inflexible on panel layout

One I chose discussed all my wants and was able to satisfy me with just a bit of compromise.
He wasn’t cheapest quote but was for the panels and inverter I wanted.

As it was only fitted yesterday 16/7/20 it is too early to gauge the efficiency.

9 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has. My electricity bill has dropped by a huge amount even though I have a hot tub with the heater on most of the day and the Aircon on as required.

Quick response, great customer service and installation

Sales person got in touch within 2hrs and was onsite with a plan the next day.

Did not try to push any brands and was upfront about the available options. Taught me what to look out for during installation.
Actually talked me out of spending on extras.

Replied to my email questions with a call within a day. Organised everything with Western Powers without a problem.

Installers were on time and polite. When they realised that the panels wouldn't fit the way we wanted, they suggested a compromise without being pushy.

All done by 2pm (could be earlier if they didn't have to remove the old solar system first) and helped me get setup with the app.

On the way

Steve at Green Wiring was punctual polite and made the process easy to understand. I was told Green Wiring are not affiliated with any brand which I liked. No payment until after the installation is completed.

System due to be installed on April so cannot comment on installation yet.

So far so good!

Quoting process was simple, straightforward, clear information. Timing to install was appropriate, technicians were careful, thorough, communicative.
It was up and working without fuss.

Great customer service

Very helpful salesperson and office staff. Installers on time and made a few adjustments eg. positioning of some panels, with consultation with us. Everything was well organised and went smoothly.

Arrived on time I was very impressed with both workmen explained how to get the best from the system put the ap on my phone so I could monitor the system easily .most impressed with the company.

Arrived on time and I was most impressed with both workers.left my premises clean and tidy explained everything about the system to me and put the ap on my phone so I can easily monitor the system.No complaints at all.

Great service from start to finish

I’ve just had my solar installed by Green Wiring (Perth WA) and they were brilliant from start to finish. Sales rep was wonderful and explained everything I needed to know and more. The admin And sales team kept me up to Date along the way. The installation day came and the guys were very polite, cleaned up after themselves and set me up on the internet. I highly recommend them.

Original Review on 18-06-2020:

Great experience start to finish

Received an onsite quote from Green Wiring which was informative and competitive. The salesman explained differences in system components and offered advice on layout and expected returns and performance etc.
Installation was booked in and no payment was requested until “the system is installed and we are happy”.
We were called two weeks ahead of schedule to ask if we wanted an earlier install date, which we were more than happy with.
Installation was efficient and very professional with the whole system installed and operating within one day. The installers did a very professional install, gave us a briefing on operation and left our the site without any mess.
Thanks for a great job, will be definitely recommending Green Wiring to my friends and Family.

8 months later we asked Mike: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has exceeded out expectations on quality, performance and workmanship. System is producing super results and so pleased that had Green Wireing install another system at our business premesis.

Excellent Installer from start to finish

From the first enquire phone call, to the personal home visit quote, right to the very end with a follow up post installation call, Green Wiring have been pleasant and easy to deal with. They listened to what I wanted and delivered a fantastic deal and fantastic system. Their installers are happy workers employed by Green Wiring (not contractors or apprentices) and speak highly of their company. I’d recommend Green Wiring to everyone thinking about Solar Power in Perth.
Early in the process I had some very dodgy quotes and I’m glad I eventually found Green Wiring.

Original Review on 18-06-2020:

great service very happy

Great service, asked a lot of questions and everyone was answered no matter how silly it was. Constant contact from the sales leading through the process all the way till instaltion was completed. Installation was done by great crew very professional very helpful.

Would recommend!!!!

8 months later we asked Nathan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yup system has been up and running for almost a year have had zero issues and getting great numbers on our bill reductions

Great service. havw already recommended them to friends

Installers arrived on time.very professional and friendly.competetive price.have recommended to friends already.

very happy with company and installers

sales quoting process very good
installation very good on all aspects of the job
customer service also very good

Easy process, great install, very happy

Early days but very happy with the system. Good communication from start to finish and friendly install team. No mess to be seen on completion of install. The system seems to be working very well..

Original Review on 20-12-2019:

Very competitive, good on price for the quality of product provided and service.

How was the sales/quoting process? Easy, very competitive, good on price for the quality of product provided and service. 10/10

How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Yes, yes and yes 10/10

How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Yes, everything was taken care of, nothing for me to do. Service was great. 10/10

13 months later we asked Andrew: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has performed better than my expectations. I export more electricity than I use! I should have done this years ago!

Outstanding Solar Company - Highly Recommended

The entire process from quote through to install and to after-care instruction was all fantastic. The team were very professional, always punctual with replying to emails and on time to conduct the installation. Everything was taken care of without any hassles, including connection to the grid and changeover of our power meter with our energy supplier. Completely stress free, Highly recommended for any solar install.

Great installer

Everything worked well for me. Steve from sales team was good with explaining about solar. He made the application process smooth. Although the installation had to be cancelled on the first date due to a sick call, they gave me another date of my choice without any delay. Kenny from the installation team was very polite and patient. He explained everything to me properly and answered all my queries. I will recommend green wiring to anyone who wants to install solar.

Easy install, friendly service, resonable price

Green Wiring delivered as they said they would. The installation went well and I am pleased with the installation ( I am an Electrician and I checked their work) They provided all as required and installed the app on my home controller and showed me how to use the software. All up a happy customer. Thanks

Green Wiring Review

The whole process was easy. Informative sales and quoting without pressure.
Great installation. Installers were punctual, tidy, polite and most helpful.
All paperwork and correspondence with Western Power done by Green Wiring.
Meter had been changed and configured before solar panel installation day.
Everything works as it should.
No money upfront. Payment when job completed.

Very happy with sales and installation team

At least they took the time to come out and quote.

Installation team prompt and tidy

Office staff responsive to my system queries

5 Stars

Kenny and his company came recommended by more than one friend, in fact he has installed systems for at least another 4 households in Woodvale alone.
everyone in the company were a pleasure to deal with, zero fuss everything went like clock work, price for the system and installation was excellent. The whole process was handled by Kenny, he even set the app up and liaised with western power etc.
I would recommend green wiring to anyone who asked.

Original Review on 09-05-2020:

Wonderful

Great experience from the moment of organising competitive quotes to the day of installation. Great communication, fantastic contractors (quick, competent, knowledgeable). Everything done for me by the Company with great ‘after installation’ service too. Can’t wait to see the savings. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jennine: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Exceeded expectations, my electricity bills have reduced to less than half the previous cost, meaning I am on track to have the system pay for itself in just over 3 years.

green wiring solar system install

Quoting was very easy
other installers did not want to visit
installation was on time and system has worked since

Great System, Great Installers, Great Result!

This is the second time I use this company to install solar system and if there is a need to install another one it will be the same company.
Installation was well planned and organised, installers were in time, very polite and professional.
Highly recommend to anyone!
With regards

Efficient, friendly and polite installers.

Sales and quoting made the whole process an easy to understand.

The technicians doing the install contacted us prior to the day to confirm the appointment and arrived on time to start the work. They explained what they were going to do and had everything they needed. They cleaned up after they completed the work and took all the rubbish away.

Connection to the grid was arranged by green wiring which only had one hiccup in that western power failed to arrange for me to be home to let them in the yard. this was simply fixed by having western power arrange an appointment time for me to be home. This was not greenwirings fault as western power should have contacted me to ensure they had access to my yard and meter box.

Quality from first contact to first kw produced

From first contact Green wiring was efficient, friendly and delivered wht they promised.
Ths sales quote/contracting process was extremely efficient with a knowledgable and not pushy sales rep walking us through recommended design, costs, realisitc savings/pauback calculations and installation considerations.
Installatione went very smoothly and team was frelndly, efficient and professional They completed jiob easily in one day and left the site clean and undamaged.
Both the sales and technical sides of organisation were freindly and reliable which is a direct reslut of being a family owned and operated company which you could feel throughout the entire process. Being an Engineer myself i carefully oversaw the specs and installation but was unable to find any improvements I could offer.
All comms with power companies and hookup was organised without any problems.

Overall a fanastic job from a great company who i highly recommend.

Job well done!

We were referred to Green Wiring by a family member and a few friends.

We contacted Green Wiring for a quote and Steve came in at the agreed time and explained thoroughly. The price quoted was within the price range we expected and we went ahead with the quote.

The installers came in at the agreed time and date, and installed the solar panels and inverter professionally. The installation went smoothly, no rubbish or debris left on the premise.

A couple of weeks later, we decided to install the solar web app to monitor the usage and we had a bit of a problem. Emailed Green Wiring and within a couple of hours, it was resolved.

Overall, very happy with the service provided and would recommend Green Wiring for solar panel installations.

Very happy so far

Happy with the system so far, only had the system installed 1 month ago

On time clean and tidy.

On time, clean and tidy. They offered all brands and competitive pricing.

Great Job

Only company prepared to come out to my home. Open honest discussion and guidance. On time delivery with courteous install team.

Excellent Company

We recently installed solar panels and whole process was seamless. We received the quote and on deciding to proceed were given a date for installation. The installer arrived on time and was happy to address any concerns. On completion he showed me the hardware and I received the link to the app in order to monitor production. I have no hesitation in recommending Green Wiring.

Great job

It was a replacement system. Removed old and installed new on time great crew.

Honest advice, very competitive pricing, excellent installation work.

I had other quotes, but found the sales process with other companies (while somewhat informative) to be biased towards what I believed may been an upsell for themselves. The sales process with Green Wiring was very detailed (which is how I wanted it), with more time being spent around finding out my circumstances, my preferences towards brands and pricing, outlining a clear and honest expectation of what the system could deliver. The unit has been installed for a week now, and it performs better than the sales consultant said it would. (Which I appreciate he was being conservative with his claims as to not over promise and under deliver. Which is why I felt the process was very upfront and honest)

I could not fault the administration side of things. Their office was always polite and friendly.

The installers were on time and extremely knowledgeable about the system. Very accommodating on the location of the inverter (which I did decide to change 30x mins into work starting, which I can't thank them enough for). No tiles were broken which is an amazing feat in my opinion with the amount of work they did on the roof. They even fixed a tile I had on the roof that was not sitting properly. The installers were tidy, leaving no mess and finished up nearly an hour earlier than they expected.

I was a bit hesitant around getting a solar system as you hear horror stories of shonky work. Good work from a tradie (in any industry) that is competitively priced is a gamble at the best of times. You always get what you pay for. However, I'm extremely happy with the work done, pricing, and customer service provided by Green Wiring that I would highly recommend Green Wiring to anyone I know.

Really professional install

Really professional install, all the equipment is neatly identified with good labelling, they we’re really easy to deal with and kept us up to date with the process leading up to the date of our installation. What was really important to us was that the installation team are full time employees of Green Wiring and not sub contractors. The sales team were easy to talk to and under no circumstances did we feel pressured into making a decision. Post install there was no mess and they cleaned up after themselves. Handover was good too as they took us through logging into the Fronius app. I would have no hesitation recommending them as a solar installer.

Fantastic installer.

Just had my solar system as I wanted. A 6.6 KW Qcells Solar panels and a 5KW Fronius Inverter that's within my budget. It wasn't a long process for me and the sales Reps. because I know that they've given me a reasonable quote within my said budget. The date of installation as it was agreed and the installers were polite, tidy and punctual. Everything went alright during and after the installation. Testing of the system followed and the Apps to monitor the system on our mobile phone was also done. We're very happy that we have a better Solar system working now. Hope this system will be operational as it should be. Green Wiring will be at service whenever there is/are questions to be asked.

5 star service

Streamline, stress free, quick and professional. From the initial enquiry to installation all members of the team did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend Green Wiring to anyone.

Great work and really easy to deal with!

I found Steve who quoted up the system for us to be really easy to deal with. He explained the various options in detail, wasn't dismissive of any queries and not pushy at all!

The installers were fantastic. Quick, neat and really polite. All network related matters were also dealt with seamlessly ahead of the installation.

The system (Longi + Huawei) has been going for close to 3 weeks now and hasn't missed a beat. All round, a great experience and I'd be happy to recommend these guys to anyone.

Thanks Green Wiring!

Perfect

Great rep and awesome support, great installers, tidy work, and quick turn around

Great installation

All sales people were good, polite and not pushy at all and explained products and gave good advice, the install went without a hitch and was neat and tidy and carried out a week before schedule due to a cancellation, all paperwork and grid connection done by company. Just waiting on my first electricity bill to see if it was all worth it.

Quick friendly and informative

Salesman Steve was friendly and informative with no BS. Install went quickly and smoothly and everything explained very well. Overall experience with Green Wiring was excellent.

Quick, no fuss solar

Had a few sales reps come out to quote and the Green Wirings rep was the most direct. non-pushy rep I had. Installation had to be rescheduled last minute when their installer called in sick that day, hence the 4 stars, but when they did come out I couldn't fault the install. Customer services throughout the process has been great - quick and efficient. Highly recommended!

Quality products, best design, great installation team

Sales quoting process was fine with a visit from consultant who took on board our requirements for a quality system with a long warranty on the inverter. Installation guys were great. I enjoyed watching them work. I used to work in the building industry and I’m very fussy. These guys were very proficient and their work was of a very high standard. Green wiring organised everything with the utility company and setup the account with SMA. Very happy with my 6.6kw system so far. It generates over 40kw every sunny day

Original Review on 11-11-2019:

So far - so good (in fact, very good)

Very quick to come and quote. Listened to what I was looking at, what I wanted to achieve. Was able to offer some excellent advice and come up with a couple of different options with pros and cons for each.
(fairly certain it was very good advice as it pretty well matched what I had been reading on the Solar Quotes blogs - thanks Finn).
I thought installation was going to be a bit touch and go as it was a drizzly day. But they arrived at the correct time in the morning and were finished by just after midday. Swift, professional and cleaned up after themselves.
And I got 16kW on my first day.
Now just have to wait 3 - 5 years to see how it will work with batteries.

12 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Inverter and panels have not missed a beat in the 12 months so far (touch wood).
After 12 months the system has saved us $1500
Savings have slowly increased over time as we figure out how to maximise our usage of the solar power generated and reduce our draw from the grid.
Given overall purchase price of $4300 it will have paid itself off in 3 years.
Well above expectations.
If we had installed batteries we would have saved an additional $1300 so until batteries come down in price and/or double their life expectancy, I guess I won't be buying them. Especially since this figure was based on a 100% conversion from Solar to battery to inverter.
Probably my only regret is that when we had to have our meter upgraded, Western Power gave us the option of paying an extra $550 to install a smart meter but we went with the standard option instead. It would have been nice to be able to get daily data out of it to combine with the daily data I get from the Fronius inverter. Would certainly have made analysis a lot easier and helped us to identify a lot earlier what we were doing right and wrong.

Great Company to deal with

Their salesman Steve was great to deal with, explained everything upfront. I had a bit of concern after signing up, send an email to Kenny (one of the partners) and he called me straight away and explained me in detail and answered my concerns to my satisfaction. Installers came on time, were very polite, did all the installation in a very professional way, explained everything in detail before, during and after installation. First few days of the Solar system and its running as expected without and problems. Highly recommended. (Will do a follow up review as how things go)

Original Review on 13-01-2020:

Professional, high quality service and installation

Greenwiring responded quickly and courteously to my request for a quote. They recommended the best system for my situation and did not try to push the most expensive products. The installers were punctual, efficient and polite and cleaned up all their mess before they left. I highly recommend Greenwiring. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Kathy: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed above my expectations. We are very happy with the savings we are seeing each time we receive the electricity bill!

Fantastic installer

Great service from quotes to finish. Friendly, accommodative, punctual and thoroughly professional. Loved the attitude overall. Would definitely recommend for prospective new clients. You can count on them. Cheers.