Halcol Energy

Halcol Energy Reviews

Established in 2010, Halcol Energy has its head office on the Sunshine Coast at 392 Nicklin Way, Bokarina, 4575 and concentrates from Brisbane to Bundaberg.

We offer premium tier 1 products with our own teams of experienced and qualified installers. We are both a Sonnen Diamond Partner and a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer.

Halcol Energy has withstood the uncertainty of the Solar market and is now coming out of the dust stronger and fitter than before. With our exclusive partnerships with the Flex Corporation, Tesla, and Sonnen, we are leading the way in smart home technologies. We have expanded our office, staff and installation and service departments to keep up with the ever-growing demand of the Sunshine Coast. Our systems are smoother, our products and warranties securer, and our outlook brighter. This is all a testament to our strong belief in service, quality and staff.

Halcol Energy is the real deal. Let us help you smash your bills and achieve your energy efficiency goals today.

Reviewers report paying: $4,152 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Halcol Energy Reviews (443)

4.4/5

4.4/5

Professional, friendly, high quality and punctual

The two installers turned up right on time and ran through all details before commencing to make sure we were happy with the placement of the inverter and configuration of the panels.they used guards on the guttering so the ladders and panels didn’t scratch them.it was a large insulation of 13kw which is 36 panels which was completed and up and running that day.

Great Service

The whole process with Halcol was excellent. Gary from Sales came to the house and laid out all the information and provided advice on the best system for our needs. The installers were on time, polite, helpful and tidy. Assistance by phone from the office was great. Tech support to get the app working was perfect. All up, a great experience.

Quick quote and installation

The salesman was quick to arrange a visit to quote. Several options discussed. The best system for my needs suggested. Not the biggest or most expensive but right for my usage and expectations of feed in.

Professional service and install

The Sales and quotation process was straightforward and professional. Installation was punctual and friendly. The install team were thorough in their explanation of how the system worked. I also appreciated how they consulted me on the day about the best spot for the inverter to be installed. The install looks great and I’d highly recommend Halcol!

Solar installation customer service was outstanding

Quote was detailed and easily understood. Received very good advice and recommendations for our solar needs not being familiar with the system. Very good communication during the quote process. Very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. Installation done on time and punctual. Good quality installation.

Exceptional service and quality

Everyone is so friendly at Halcol with a seamles process from the quote all the way through to commissioning. Top quality product and service. Wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone.

Fantastic installation

From start to end the process was seemless... Great install... Freindy, clean. Efficient and highly professional... Definitely recommend to friends and family

Professional service

Great to deal with and I’m very happy with my new system

Fantastic installation and after sales service.

Sales/quoting process excellent. We are pensioners but the whole process was easy to understand and the no fuss approach led us to decide to go with Halcol. The installation was fantastic, on time and the installers were incredibly friendly and polite. Customer service - 11/10. The head installer was so helpful and explained the installation very thoroughly. Lots of patience and connected us to the grid via our iPad. Only a young man, but a credit to his company.

Trouble free and very thorough from initial advice to installation.

Pre sale assessment of my needs was detailed and appropriate. Costing was broken down and explained. Rebates were explained and applied in full..

The installation was efficient and professional. I am very happy with the system installed.

Halcol are quick to return calls and very helpful with questions or concerns. Great customer care.

Highly recommend

Everything happened quickly and just as the salesman said it would. Highly recommend.

Couldn’t Be Happier

We couldn’t be happier with the service and system we received from Halcol.

They were extremely helpful at the initial stage of arranging the system and discussing the best options for our property.

On the day of installation the team who attended were very professional with their conduct and had the system up and functioning as planned.

We have been receiving great kw return from the system so far, so hopefully that continues and will keep the bills down or maybe even a credit.

Great Aftersales

All aspects of purchase and installation were great. Aftersales is fantastic.

Excellent installation and reliable service!

Halcol was very friendly and helpful with the Solar Panel quote and installation. They have been reliable and the after install customer service has also been great!

AAA Rating

Affable, Affordable, Accessible
Highly recommended, from sales to instal great communication, on time and efficient friendly team.

Excellent service

All good with Halcol. Explanation of solar panels choice of invertors was explained clearly. Transparent pricing structure. Quotation was provided promptly; and the hastle free installation before schedule.
The staff is good, polite, punctual, and knowledgable.

A very satisfying experience, dealing with professionals at every step in the process

The original quotation was easy to understand and facilitated by the use of NearMap software.
Once we made a decision to use Halcol as our supplier, the whole process went very smoothly, with installation occurring before we expected.. On the day of the installation I was impressed with how well organised the team were, completing the installation in less than a day, and on a public holiday.
The explanation about the inverter and setup for future monitoring was easy to understand.
All of the behind the scenes paperwork was dealt with efficiently and the installation of the new meter was only delayed by the tardiness of my electricity provider in getting a contractor on site.
I have received my first electricity bill since the installation and the output from the solar panels and inverter have exceeded my expectations.

Solar System

Simon explained how solar system works and the process in involved in detail.
The contractors came out inspected our roof, replaced tiles which were broken and installed the legs.
They came back after our roof was painted and installed the panels and the inverter. They were very efficient, polite and tidied up after they finished. They explained how the system would work in detail.
Halcol have followed up on a number of times since the installation to ensure that the system is working and that we have no queries.
We had obtained a number of quotes for installation of our new solar system but decided to go with Halcol as they are a local company and provide follow up system with maintenance and care for the system. We would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone who is looking to install a solar system

Install

Install went well and as planned to the day that was arranged

Perfect start to finish

Sales and quoting was fantastic. Instal was clean and efficient very tidy.
Organised grid connection

100% will see them again for next system

Great Solar Install

The team from Halcol have been great with regards to the install of our system. From the start with prompt quoting to the install, everything went to plan. The guys kept me informed at every point of the install ensuring I was happy with placement of panels and the inverter. Highly recommend!

Fabulous solar installation

Great customer service from quote to installation through to after sales service.

Excellent quoting & installation

Timely accurate & competitive quote.

Excellent installation.

System continues to work well.

Halcol Energy team really good to deal with.

Very satisfying.

Initially Halcol displayed a good level of product understanding and professionalism. Their quote was reasonable and they were chosen because of their nearby locality.

The timeframe as stipulated was adhered to and the installation was quick and seamless.

The installers were very courteous and well mannered and their clean up efforts after completing the job was commendable.

Happy Chappy

Fantastic from start to finish. Just received my first electricity bill since the install of the new 6.6kW system and the solar credits are ahead of the usage charges on the bill.
No more paying for electricity. Thanks Andy & Eve from Halcol.

Good experience overall

Professional salesperson, installers were great too - on time, neat work and cleaned up afterwards. More technical information on metwork connectivity and local network access would have been useful but overall happy with the experience.

Easy and Efficient

From the time of the quote to the installation, it was an fast and efficient process. It wasn’t the cheapest quote but it was money well spent and I am happy with the product.

A1 service

From the first phone call and quote we were kept very well informed. Everything was explained so that we understood the process as it progressed. The installers were there exactly when they said they would be. They were quick and tidy and explained the setup very well. We were told what to do to get our feed in tariff. In a very confusing and vast market we could not fault the team from Halcol. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Outstanding customer service

We can highly recommend Halcol Energy. The staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.
There was a slight issue after the installation; the customer service we received was outstanding and the team went over and above to rectify the issue. 100% satisfied!

Friendly efficient

The staff in the office were very friendly and efficient. The installers turned up when they said they would and did a very neat and tidy install. There was a part missing but they ordered it in and finished the install as quickly as possible. The installers were very friendly and efficient also and explained how the system works and how to use the app. Everything was organised - all we had to do was pay the bill.

Fantastic installer

From initial quote and sales service to final installation we had a great experience. Everything we needed to know to make a decision was explained clearly and we felt extremely confident about proceeding. On installation day the entire process was smooth, efficient and professional. Customer service post installation was also fantastic and we had timely communication re grid connection.

Solar happy

So glad we finally took the step to install solar. We chose Halcol Energy and were happy from the initial consultation and quote with Gary, to the installation with Kestrel.

Fantastic installer done by in-house installer

Great service very helpful,I vent with 10.3kwh Canadian panels and 8.3 kw SMA inverter. They were very professional and everything vent smooth.they do everything themselves no contractors which is better if you do have trouble down the track. I did get about 6 quotes but Halcol came out on top.
Many thanks for all your help
Erik

Original Review on 04-01-2021:

Our Solar system.

We found Halcol to a good company to work with and the sales person and installation team to be prompt and courteous. They organised the paperwork and application forms and although no fault of theirs connection to the grid has yet to be completed due to Christmas break. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Garry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes we're happy but the neighbours trees affect our system during winter but we knew that. People should do their research regarding the feed in tariff, some companies give you more but the daily charge goes up so be aware and do your sums.

Solar installation in August 2021

Halcol installed a 10KW system for us in August 2021. The sales and quoting process was pleasant. I spoke to 2 other installation companies as well but Halcol simply offered the best deal. The installation itself was fine, as expected. After the installation I downloaded the inverter app and off we went. I look at the app every day now and use my white goods when I can see that I am exporting to the grid.

Great Company to deal with. Staff at every level were professional and personable.

Quoting was an easy process and supported with detailed information. No questions raised presented a problem. Halcol was not the cheapest quote but they were local and had a good history behind them. It was also easy to talk directly with the business owner Andy Colley who was informative interested and willing to listen and help if needed.
The install was booked and the installers turned up at the nominated time. The total install was completed start to finish by mid-afternoon. I received a detailed tutorial on the system. They also installed Solarman app on my phone and walked me through the functions. Not long after the installers had left I received an email from my electricity supplier Alinta to advise that they had received a request from Halcol to update my meter to a Smart Meter in order to accommodate my newly installed Solar. Now that is service.

Hello Terry,

Thank you very much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear you saw the value in our hard-earned experience. We hope you're enjoying your new system.

Good install

Everything with halcol was good.
The only thing they didn’t talk to us about was where they installed the inverter.
I would not have chosen to put it in the garage, which is where they put it.
As for there back up service and any questions we have had, they have been excellent.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your review. We can confirm that the inverter was installed in the garage as all of the available external walls would have resulted in the inverter being in direct sunlight. Our apologies that our technicians did not discuss this with you on the day. If you should ever have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you again and we hope you enjoy your system!

Tip Top

Look it’s easy
No pressure at sales level
Excellent service
Probably the neatest polite Electrician and apprentice I have ever met

The Sunny Boy and 18 Canadian Panels have got us in credit all ready

Thanks so much Matt! We hope you enjoy your new system. All the best from the Halcol Energy team!

Original Review on 10-12-2020:

Neat tidy Quality install

Halcol Energy met my needs and answered all my questions in a processional manner. The install was very tidy and clearly a professional job. They took the time to explain how my inverter operates and invited any follow up questions by telephone if I had any. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gavin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. After 12 months I am still happy with my purchase

Jen & Den

The sales from Halcol was very professional.
The installation of our solar system was tidy & they arrived on time.

Thank you for your review, Dennis! We hope you are enjoying the savings from your new system. Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions. Cheers from Halcol Energy.

Original Review on 15-11-2020:

Fantastic installation nothing a problem

I was keen on another installer until they said they would knock off around $1000 if I got in at end of month so they could get a bonus . Very glad we went with Halco. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Trevor : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes have had no problem with it a very neat installation and haven’t had a bill in credit about $400 so very happy

Fast, efficient and easy!

From start to finish! Process was fantastic, Gary meet onsite and was very polite. He answered all my questions and knew the products well which I appreciated his honesty and transparency. I got the quote by the afternoon and was offered a deal I couldn’t resist, so I accepted without any hesitation.

Ben and the crew greeted me upon arrival and introduced themselves which made me feel valued and confirmed I made the right choice going with Halcol. They were fast, efficient and easy to deal with. The install meet my expectations and Ben explained everything I needed to know. The install was clean, tidy showing great workmanship.

The girls in the office were very helpful in providing me with final paperwork.

Thank you Halcol for installing my first new solar!

Original Review on 01-11-2020:

Great customer service, and neat install.

The sales and quoting process was very easy, the installers were polite, tidy, punctual and did a neat job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system overall has been perfect. No issues and no installer call-backs. Very good value for money and quality / budget balance.

Great customer service.

No pushie salesman tactics used.

Had an issue on install day which was quickly resolved by salesman Greg.

Highly recommend halcol energy for your solar install.

A great company to deal with.

The sales rep who initially quoted our system was professional and clearly explained everything. The installers were on time and polite. Customer service has also been excellent. We are very pleased with the product from Halcol.

Pleasant installers.

Arrived on time and did not leave any mess after completing the job. So far the unit works well and we have actually referred a fiend who has used Halcol Energy for installation.

Professional and listened

I found the whole project to be all I wanted. So professional They explained everything from w/o to go.they understood my wishes and carried them out. Couldn't wish for more.

Original Review on 08-10-2020:

Very happy with Halcol Energy!

Halcol's sales and quoting process was very good. Gary Higgins was very helpful, accommodating and answered what must have seemed to him like a never-ending stream of questions but he did so with very good knowledge, reasoning and with great efficiency.

About two weeks after paying a deposit, Halcol arranged an installation date. There was it would appear a little misunderstanding about the time installation would commence however this was not a significant issue. The two guys who came to install the system, Reece and Callum, were very polite, friendly and helpful and did a great job of removing my old solar system and installing the new one. They even removed a disused satellite dish from my roof that would have created some shade over the panels. They cleaned up extremely well leaving no mess and took my old solar system and satellite dish with them for disposal.

Reece connected his phone to the inverter and showed me on an app that the system was working and what it was producing at that moment. The system was commissioned immediately and did not require waiting on Energex or anyone else for it to be up and running and producing electricity.

Given the system was installed today, I understand I will receive further information from Halcol in coming days about an app that I will be able to access to monitor my solar system.

I am looking forward to much lower if not non-existent electricity bills going forward.

Thank you Halcol!

7 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No, it hasn't. As a result, I am not making the savings I expected to and overall, I am quite disappointed with the system.

Satisfied Customer

Halcol did a great job coordinating the work and connecting us up. Was a seemless easy install.

Good Decision

We received 6 quotes from different companies, a couple were cheaper and the others were more expensive. We didn't feel pressured at the quoting stage and fully understood what would be best for us and the whole process involved. We were so impressed that we installed solar panels on our 3 investment properties as well as our own home. Invoicing was different to the norm but Customer service was very helpful to our needs and handled the grid connection without input from us. The installation crew were courteous, always on time and left no mess behind. Prior to installation, our energy bill was around $500 per quarter. We have had the system for over 12 months now. Our bills were zero until February this year. Currently they are around $180 per quarter and the reason is that we have had many overcast days this year. Last year, the panels/inverter were averaging 35-40 Kw but even with the overcast days, they are generating around 25Kw per day. Our tenants have reported that their systems are working well also. The flow on from this is that we have kept the same tenants throughout this period plus adding value to those properties.

I am glad that we chose Halcol and have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone who is thinking about installing solar panels.