Halcol Energy Reviews

About Halcol Energy, Solar Installers

Halcol Energy
Platinum Partner
Halcol Energy is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 75 142 797 939  ABN active since 01 Apr 2010 | Halcol Energy Pty Ltd
ACN: 142 797 939  ACN active since 25 Mar 2010 | Halcol Energy Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,800 - $7,200 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Established in 2010, Halcol Energy has its head office on the Sunshine Coast at 392 Nicklin Way, Bokarina, 4575 and concentrates from Brisbane to Bundaberg.

We offer premium tier 1 products with our own teams of experienced and qualified installers. We are both a Sonnen Diamond Partner and a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer.

Halcol Energy has withstood the uncertainty of the Solar market and is now coming out of the dust stronger and fitter than before. With our exclusive partnerships with the Flex Corporation, Tesla, and Sonnen, we are leading the way in smart home technologies. We have expanded our office, staff and installation and service departments to keep up with the ever-growing demand of the Sunshine Coast. Our systems are smoother, our products and warranties securer, and our outlook brighter. This is all a testament to our strong belief in service, quality and staff.

Halcol Energy is the real deal. Let us help you smash your bills and achieve your energy efficiency goals today.

Halcol Energy Solar Reviews

Very happy with Halcol Energy!

Halcol's sales and quoting process was very good. Gary Higgins was very helpful, accommodating and answered what must have seemed to him like a never-ending stream of questions but he did so with very good knowledge, reasoning and with great efficiency.

About two weeks after paying a deposit, Halcol arranged an installation date. There was it would appear a little misunderstanding about the time installation would commence however this was not a significant issue. The two guys who came to install the system, Reece and Callum, were very polite, friendly and helpful and did a great job of removing my old solar system and installing the new one. They even removed a disused satellite dish from my roof that would have created some shade over the panels. They cleaned up extremely well leaving no mess and took my old solar system and satellite dish with them for disposal.

Reece connected his phone to the inverter and showed me on an app that the system was working and what it was producing at that moment. The system was commissioned immediately and did not require waiting on Energex or anyone else for it to be up and running and producing electricity.

Given the system was installed today, I understand I will receive further information from Halcol in coming days about an app that I will be able to access to monitor my solar system.

I am looking forward to much lower if not non-existent electricity bills going forward.

Thank you Halcol!

Great value with excellent people

I invited Halcol to provide a quote together with 4 others back in February. After the quotes, COVID hit the world so I waited a few months for everything to settle down. I then asked 3 companies to requote. Halcol came up with the best quality solution and a really cost effective price. During the approval process (4-5 weeks in Queensland) they kept me in the loop.
Installation date: Installers indicated that the original size would not fit. After a few phone calls with Halcol , we agreed on a compromise solution (and price) . Install team were great. No fuss install.
Halcol connected me to the SMA portal so I could have real time visibility of the solar system.
I also, afterwards (and I should have done this before hand) ordered a Solar Analytics power management system. It took a while to arrive but was installed very quickly. It is a boomer. Everyone should get one.
The complete solar system is running like a steam train, much better results than expected.

Great team effort by HALCOL.

HALCOL were very helpful when we were selecting our system - we discussed the panels and optimisers at length to determine the best solution. We had some space problems and some changes to the layout were necessary on the day of installation but these were handled by the install team with no issues. The team they sent were great and I have no issues with the quality of the work performed.

The system was expensive but the quality and support is excellent. We're hoping that the optimisers and split panels will assist with overcoming the shading issues and prove to be very efficient in the long run. Needed the meter upgraded to a Smart Meter before we could use the system, but this occurred soon after installation and the system came online with no issues. The SolarEdge consumption monitoring package gives me confidence that the system is operating as expected and is helping with optimising self-consumption.

Excellent service

From our first enquiry for a replacement 1.5 kw system & installation the following day, we were delighted by the admin staff & installers, Alex & Declan. Eve & Kaitlyn in admin & Lauren in accounts all listened to us & made the whole process easy.

Alex & Declan we’re super efficient & explained the wireless operation perfectly.

We have no hesitation recommending Halcol to other Sunny Coasters.

Five star so far

All is good all around you cann't get any better than that. Show additional information

Great Solar Company

Halcol's communication from start (initial meeting) to installation to post-installation care was excellent. We felt like we were being looked after by them. The installation was smooth. The tradies were clean and looked after our site well. They showed up on time. They genuinely care if you have a question about your system. The admin staff also helped us out with connecting to the grid and organising the after installation care. I would 100% recommend Halcol to anyone looking for solar. Show additional information

Great Install

Very happy with the whole process from initial meeting with Gary to the lads who installed the system Show additional information

Great service solar quotes Not fully functional yet still dealing with energex forms were lost requesting meter upgrades from installer[OK] Agl [NOT OK ] ENERGEX [OK]

HALCOL stood out from the rest head and shoulders from the quote to installation, How there products are and installation are time will tell AGL AND ENERGEX THATS ANOTHER MATTER Show additional information

Very happy with Halcol

Competitively priced, fantastic customer service, excellent warranty on panels, reliable and trustworthy. Very happy customers Show additional information

No Fuss, No Worries!!

Solaredge 5KW Inverter with 18 x 370w Canadian Solar panels. Like the individual monitoring and control offered by the Solaredge. Halcol team were great, from Lauren in the office to Gary (the salesman) and Craig the installer. They took care of everything, including the Very pleased with the outcome and connect application and Energex coordination. Happy with the outcome. Show additional information

Very efficient install - 4.5hrs, but easy access and gentle roof pitch.

Halcol were the only one who wanted to visit site for quote.
Good approach.
Installation was very slick and well executed.

Very happy with our system.

After a few back and forth emails about size and location we received our final quote and were really happy with the price. Installation was prompt and professional, our installers Brad and Callum were great to deal with and very forthcoming with info regarding our new system. Energex and Origin were all organised for us and they showed in due course with no complications. Overall we are very pleased we went with Halcol. Show additional information

Highly Recommended

We highly recommend Halcol. All representatives we dealt with were highly professional; from the first quote to the installation.
The Installers were polite and courtesy in their dealing with us. They were very professional and efficient at their jobs and answered all our questions. We could not have been happy on how they left the site.

Happy customers

The Sales process was informative in no way pressuring us and willingly answered questions which we asked. The installation was commenced on time and completed with a minimum of fuss. The installer also showed me how to check the operation of the system in a very simple manner. Grid connection was organised by Halcol and completed Show additional information

Very pleased that we chose Halcol

They were recommended to us by a friend. As a retired electrician I asked Gary a few technical questions when he came to our home to quote which he answered with knowledge of the product. We were replacing another solar system and he advised the average of what we could expect.

When the installers Brodie and Dylan arrived we were very impressed with the quiet removal of the old system and installation of the new one. They each worked alone and together when required and had everything up and running on the day, were pleasant, left no mess and took the time to explain when handing over.

Lauren and Janet were professional with the admin side of our installation and Sam got us up and running with the app which shows us exactly what the solar is making, easy to get hooked on watching the charts.

We highly recommend Halcol Energy and have already to several neighbours.

Couldn't have asked for more

It was an absolute pleasure working with these guys, great service and honesty from start to finish and the lads who came out to install were awesome, clean, respectful and completely unobtrusive

These guys are legends. Any one who wants solar on the Sunshine Coast should be heading their way!!

Good service

Service was very good. Installation was on time and installers did a great job. Show additional information

Early days, but a great Canadian Solar - Solaredge install.

Sales process was prompt and accurate. Gary was responsive to questions, without the sales bullshit. Took a few iterations to get the size, layout and scope right. Approvals from Energex was prompt and as forecast. Installation prompt, arrival punctual, and very polite. Install had a few hitches, like some incorrect panels, but the crew were all over it and got the correct ones quickly. Variation to layout on install was quickly accommodated. Owing to lack of light commissioning was delayed, but the install team fronted on the weekend to complete. Visible work quality was excellent. Site cleanup was very good. Handover was good. All labelling provided. Show additional information

Outstanding - Halcol is a must for Sunny Coasters chasing Solar

From the moment we first made contact with Halcol, out of hours over a weekend via online chat, we have not been disappointed. The professionalism of every person we interacted with from Sales through to completion has been amazing.

We were drawn to Halcol for a few reasons, such as length of time they have been serving the community as well as quality of workmanship and also product warranties.

Halcol have made the whole process extremely easy for us, by taking the time to go over all the technical details to ensure we understood it all. I'm someone that likes to understand the techie stuff and the data, and Simon in Sales afforded me lots of patience and time to go over my queries. He was very detailed in his delivery of all the information during the sales stage, in a way to ensure we understood it, and gave us time to digest it.

Lauren in the admin team has been outstanding at keeping us posted the whole way through and ensuring we knew what was happening when.

When it came to day of installation, I cannot praise the wonder team enough, that was Chris and Todd. They first introduced themselves and then discussed the placement of the inverter and options, to ensure we understood what was going where. I'd already pre-arranged to ask for it on inside of garage and Chris was already aware. The guys worked extremely efficiently and are masters of their art. They were incredibly clean and tidy and it was like they were never there. I am a stickler for detail, and the quality of the workmanship with cable runs and trunking was brilliant.

I cannot recommend Halcol highly enough. You know you are being looked after by a thoughtful and trustworthy company from the outset. I would not hesitate to recommend Halcol to any friends or family who were considering Solar.

Good value

Sales and quote was efficient.
Installation was extremely efficient . They cleaned up. Very friendly.
Grid connection is slow but not their fault. Ergon is chronically slow.

Very impressed with Halcol

The initial onsite consultation with Simon from Halcol was very informative and rather than the usual overselling he right-sized a package for us we were very happy with. Luke and the install team were very efficient and professional and took the time to walk me through the system on completion. Halcol are very helpful with all the associated paperwork and made the experience very efficient and painless. if you live on the Sunny Coast suggest you give them a try as years of experience in this environment they sell and deliver a well fit solar solution.
Cheers.

Could not have wished for better service from all staff involved.

Everything staff said they would do they delivered on and on time. Show additional information

Good quality product and install

Great company to deal with no hidden surprises on price. Neat install and tradesmen were easy to deal with. System is working well Show additional information

Proposal was good but installation differed

We were very excited to receive the quote from Halcol for a 10kw system. Everything looked great on paper and the suggested configuration made a lot of sense. Unfortunately when it came to installation time we were advised by the installation crew that for technical reasons the agreed layout could not be done and we had to change the configuration of the panels - there and then. It appears the salesman that did the quote was not aware of these technical issues when compiling the suggested configuration. As a result we have ended up with more panels in an area prone to shade and less in an area where we can take full advantage of the sun. The shading may create a lower power production rate than was presented - if true, this is very disappointing Show additional information

Recommended by existing customers of Halcol.

Knowledgeable local company,with latest Solar panels and inverter withe best warranty on both and competetive pricing. Show additional information

Affordable, quality solar

Great service, communication and knowledge from sales team. Installers were polite, tidy and efficient and explained what they were going to be doing. Show additional information

Professionalism and old fashion customer service

The guys at Halcol Energy were great from the very start.
I am a numbers and statistics person and from the beginning all the information was provided and nothing hidden.

The sales team were a dream to deal with even with the constant delays due to roofing repairs and bad weather but in the end it all went through without a hitch.

The installation team was great, answered my 1000's of technical questions (work in IT with passion for electrical systems and micro electronics) and did a fantastic job.

Already recommended to many friends

Thanks again

satisfied

was happy with quote and installation, I am connected to the grid with a new 12 month plan.
would recommend this company to family and friends.

Money well spent

The sales process was uncomplicated, easy to understand and very friendly. The quote was precise and very clear - value for money and no hidden costs. The installers arrived on the date agreed on and at the right time, they were great, left no mess and showed me how to connect the app. My first bill arrived and I have a $60 credit already! Very happy Show additional information

Perfect Installation

Great information at the Sales level
Very efficient installation
System performing as specified
Happy customer

Solar Installation

The whole process was seamless, the installation crew were busy the whole day and nothing was out of place and all rubbish was removed when job was completed, Terry the electrician explained how the system worked. A week later we ran out of hot water so we rang the office and Terry arrived the next morning and he replaced a faulty hot water timer and no issues since. Highly recomend Halcol Energy. Show additional information

Halcol best in the business

Halcol Solar very happy so far with everything from excellent customer service from Simon to the quality of the product & the professional installers. Thanks guys!! Show additional information

Really happy with the performance of the system they installed.

The sales rep was knowledgeable and non pressuring. The installation was done in one day and with no issues. There was no problems with the customer service. The financing company they recommended was perfect with no monthly fees or early payout fees. The system they installed as been awesome - generating more electricity then I expected and after 6 months there has been absolutely no problems. I chose Halcol because I already had a 1.5Kw System and wanted to install a second 6.6Kw system, and their website stated that they had the knowledge to do that. It was no problem for them and the two systems are both working really well. I wish I had have done it earlier, it is one of the best investments I have ever made. Thanks Halcol! Show additional information

Fantastic they really cared

Whole process was professional with the good old fashioned service. Wonderful company & would recommend Show additional information

Fast installation. Everything was clearly explained.

Everything happened as expected, except intallation commenced 6 or so hours earlier than expected, which was good! I was given a run-through of my new system, as it differed from my obsolete system. Show additional information

Customer service

Post installation I had a very technical question for which they knew the answer without having to do any research. They knew my configuration and layout even though the person answering my question had not been at my location. Show additional information

Excellent

Very prompt and helpful
Couldn’t have been better
Very helpful and answered all my queries. Ten out of ten

Mid range solar company with great customer service

Excellent communication. process was easy. Prices are right for the quality of the solar system, Show additional information

Great installation

On par with quote, no problems with installation, service and after service was also good. Show additional information

Installation was easy, even though we have 40 panels, 12.6KWh.

Quoting process was slow but we got there in the end. If I'd agreed to a standard 6.6KWh set up it would have been quick, but I wanted as many panels as I could get on my roof; it took a few weeks to agree what could be possible. Interestingly, the installers then advised the panels would have to be reconfigured because we have a three phase system. It seems to work well and I'm pleased. Show additional information

Love our Solar! Such an easy process.

Our quote and installation process was seamless and smooth. Everything was explained thoroughly and took very little effort on our part. The installers were wonderful and took the time to explain how the system worked. This is one of the best investments we’ve ever made. We were replacing a much smaller system with a 7.56kw one. Highly recommended! Show additional information

Informative quoting, reasonable pricing, quick installation

Informative quoting, reasonable good value pricing, quick and punctual installation Show additional information

Excellent Customre Service Experience

The sale and quoting was great. Simon was excellent and explained things how I could understand. The installation guys were prompt and efficient in their installation, friendly and quite helpful in explain the details of how the system works. The grid install was painful but no reflection on Halcol for that, they advised everything that was required and I got excellent follow up service to make sure the grid install in fact took place and what to do once that had occurred. Halcol made the entire process pain free and simple. Show additional information

Installed solar

Sales person was great
Installation team where punctual & polite.
Customer service was excellent.

Halcol fails to deliver after 4 months

Early October 2018, after 4 exhaustive interviews, we decided upon Halcol for our sizeable installation. They put forward the proposal, we paid the deposit and waited. Christmas came and went. No progress report, but we understood the delay in alerting energy provider. Eventually, January 28, the installation was scheduled. Of the anticipated "team" 2 men turned up on the day. The electrician finally got on the roof to find our entire proposal had many issues. Just one, the position of the inverter could never have gone in the garage. Safety on our roof had not been factored into original proposal. They left all the solar panels in my garage and disappeared on the promise of "The team" returning. Two further weeks lapsed and suddenly they send emails with brand new proposals; ludicrous in content, placing less panels on opposite side of house with unsightly tilt kits. The alternative? - refund deposit and pick up their panels. We opted for the latter. Four months of enormous inconvenience and time wasting. "We pride ourselves on strong and superb customer service" ??? Buyers: BEWARE! No star rating is the most accurate report offered here.

Dear Kim,

We are extremely disappointed that you have had a bad experience with Halcol. As the managing director of the business, I would like to reply to some of the points of your review.

Firstly, regarding the timeline, we received a deposit on the 31/10/19. When we receive a deposit, we then apply to Energex for the right to install a system on your property. The system size that we applied for was a 9.765kW system, but because of the size of the system, it must go through an examining process with Energex. We do not have any control over the approval timeframe; Energex advised they had an extremely high volume of applications this time of year.

When we finally got approval for the installation of your system, all the available slots for installs prior to Christmas were taken up. After Halcol staff came back to work after the Christmas period we booked your system in with yourselves to be installed. Our install team consisted of 2 men as 2 can easily complete a 31-panel job in one day. We were aware that the property was a 3-storey property but when the installers got onto the roof, they were not comfortable to install as the pitch of the roof was between 40 and 45 degrees and could not be installed using harnesses.

It was decided to withdraw from the installation for safety reasons until we could arrange for edge protection. The safety of our team members is always a priority for us. Our installations manager was in contact with the homeowner (your family member) throughout this period while we waited for quotes. We organised for two companies to quote for the edge protection but due to the steepness of the roof the installation of the edge protection would need to take up the first two screw lines on the roof which would have been where the panels were proposed to go. This meant that edge protection would not be viable, and we were unable to install the original system. We then offered you the option of 2 other system proposals using higher wattage panels on other areas of the roof which were safe for the installers and for any future maintenance.

In summation, we could not install the originally designed system for safety and ongoing maintenance reasons and would not ask our employees to install when they were uncomfortable to do so. When alternative options were given, the homeowner advised they no longer wished to proceed, and a deposit was promptly refunded.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Andy Colley (Director)

Excellent system with good returns so far.

We chose Canadian solar panels and the sun grow inverter. So far it’s been great with good yields to date. Show additional information

Great solar install

Solar Quotes provide great information which gave us confidence to proceed. solar Quotes provides three introductions for us on the Sunshine Coast - all three were prompt, professional and all similar on pricing. We accepted The Halcol Energy quote and the install proceeded very promptly. The installers were professional, prompt and polite - on a hot 32 degree day. The inverter was explained and wifi app installed and explained. Great service. Very impressed. Show additional information
I've only had it installed for four days. As yet I don't have the smart meter installed but I'm still hooked on checking the monotoring portal to see how much I'm generating. I feel like a child at christmas. Getting solar power is something I have wanted to do for some time so I'm very pleased to finally realise that desire. I can only see positives from this point on, both for my pocket and the planet.

I chose four stars for value as I don't actually know comparison costs but I was happy with the cost presented to me and I chose four stars for the system as the salesman recommended SolarEdge highly, it has a long history in the industry and they have much experience. However, the day before install I read an article by Finn saying that SolarEdge were essentially trying to bully a local installer into silence for mentioning that he'd dealt with some failures of the inverters. So until I've been a user for some time I can't truly offer an objective opinion.

Trouble free installation

Garry from the sales staff was most helpful in steering us through the sometimes confusing choice of panels and inverters. Alex and his team of installers made sure that conduits were well hidden from view (unlike my neighbour next door) and that the panels were placed in the most advantageous positions. The team were very polite and tidy and, unlike some tradesmen, did not have loud music playing while they worked. My wife and I can highly recommend this company to anyone on the Sunshine Coast. Show additional information

Reviews are spot on for HALCOL

Alex and the boys have finished the Installation here just now. What a great job they have done very happy. Alex went to particular trouble to put the conduit to the roof in the least visible position even though he could have taken an easier option. Loved the free upgrade to black frame too, thank you ! so far it is doing exactly as we have expected. Show additional information