Halcol Energy

Halcol Energy Reviews

Established in 2010, Halcol Energy has its head office on the Sunshine Coast at 392 Nicklin Way, Bokarina, 4575 and concentrates from Brisbane to Bundaberg.

We offer premium tier 1 products with our own teams of experienced and qualified installers. We are both a Sonnen Diamond Partner and a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer.

Halcol Energy has withstood the uncertainty of the Solar market and is now coming out of the dust stronger and fitter than before. With our exclusive partnerships with the Flex Corporation, Tesla, and Sonnen, we are leading the way in smart home technologies. We have expanded our office, staff and installation and service departments to keep up with the ever-growing demand of the Sunshine Coast. Our systems are smoother, our products and warranties securer, and our outlook brighter. This is all a testament to our strong belief in service, quality and staff.

Halcol Energy is the real deal. Let us help you smash your bills and achieve your energy efficiency goals today.

Reviewers report paying: $3,999 - $7,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Halcol Energy Reviews (411)

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

Fantastic installer done by in-house installer

Great service very helpful,I vent with 10.3kwh Canadian panels and 8.3 kw SMA inverter. They were very professional and everything vent smooth.they do everything themselves no contractors which is better if you do have trouble down the track. I did get about 6 quotes but Halcol came out on top.
Many thanks for all your help
Erik

Original Review on 04-01-2021:

Our Solar system.

We found Halcol to a good company to work with and the sales person and installation team to be prompt and courteous. They organised the paperwork and application forms and although no fault of theirs connection to the grid has yet to be completed due to Christmas break. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Garry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes we're happy but the neighbours trees affect our system during winter but we knew that. People should do their research regarding the feed in tariff, some companies give you more but the daily charge goes up so be aware and do your sums.

Solar installation in August 2021

Halcol installed a 10KW system for us in August 2021. The sales and quoting process was pleasant. I spoke to 2 other installation companies as well but Halcol simply offered the best deal. The installation itself was fine, as expected. After the installation I downloaded the inverter app and off we went. I look at the app every day now and use my white goods when I can see that I am exporting to the grid.

Great Company to deal with. Staff at every level were professional and personable.

Quoting was an easy process and supported with detailed information. No questions raised presented a problem. Halcol was not the cheapest quote but they were local and had a good history behind them. It was also easy to talk directly with the business owner Andy Colley who was informative interested and willing to listen and help if needed.
The install was booked and the installers turned up at the nominated time. The total install was completed start to finish by mid-afternoon. I received a detailed tutorial on the system. They also installed Solarman app on my phone and walked me through the functions. Not long after the installers had left I received an email from my electricity supplier Alinta to advise that they had received a request from Halcol to update my meter to a Smart Meter in order to accommodate my newly installed Solar. Now that is service.

Hello Terry,

Thank you very much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear you saw the value in our hard-earned experience. We hope you're enjoying your new system.

Good install

Everything with halcol was good.
The only thing they didn’t talk to us about was where they installed the inverter.
I would not have chosen to put it in the garage, which is where they put it.
As for there back up service and any questions we have had, they have been excellent.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your review. We can confirm that the inverter was installed in the garage as all of the available external walls would have resulted in the inverter being in direct sunlight. Our apologies that our technicians did not discuss this with you on the day. If you should ever have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you again and we hope you enjoy your system!

Tip Top

Look it’s easy
No pressure at sales level
Excellent service
Probably the neatest polite Electrician and apprentice I have ever met

The Sunny Boy and 18 Canadian Panels have got us in credit all ready

Thanks so much Matt! We hope you enjoy your new system. All the best from the Halcol Energy team!

Original Review on 10-12-2020:

Neat tidy Quality install

Halcol Energy met my needs and answered all my questions in a processional manner. The install was very tidy and clearly a professional job. They took the time to explain how my inverter operates and invited any follow up questions by telephone if I had any. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gavin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. After 12 months I am still happy with my purchase

Jen & Den

The sales from Halcol was very professional.
The installation of our solar system was tidy & they arrived on time.

Thank you for your review, Dennis! We hope you are enjoying the savings from your new system. Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions. Cheers from Halcol Energy.

Original Review on 15-11-2020:

Fantastic installation nothing a problem

I was keen on another installer until they said they would knock off around $1000 if I got in at end of month so they could get a bonus . Very glad we went with Halco. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Trevor : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes have had no problem with it a very neat installation and haven’t had a bill in credit about $400 so very happy

Fast, efficient and easy!

From start to finish! Process was fantastic, Gary meet onsite and was very polite. He answered all my questions and knew the products well which I appreciated his honesty and transparency. I got the quote by the afternoon and was offered a deal I couldn’t resist, so I accepted without any hesitation.

Ben and the crew greeted me upon arrival and introduced themselves which made me feel valued and confirmed I made the right choice going with Halcol. They were fast, efficient and easy to deal with. The install meet my expectations and Ben explained everything I needed to know. The install was clean, tidy showing great workmanship.

The girls in the office were very helpful in providing me with final paperwork.

Thank you Halcol for installing my first new solar!

Original Review on 01-11-2020:

Great customer service, and neat install.

The sales and quoting process was very easy, the installers were polite, tidy, punctual and did a neat job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system overall has been perfect. No issues and no installer call-backs. Very good value for money and quality / budget balance.

Great customer service.

No pushie salesman tactics used.

Had an issue on install day which was quickly resolved by salesman Greg.

Highly recommend halcol energy for your solar install.

A great company to deal with.

The sales rep who initially quoted our system was professional and clearly explained everything. The installers were on time and polite. Customer service has also been excellent. We are very pleased with the product from Halcol.

Pleasant installers.

Arrived on time and did not leave any mess after completing the job. So far the unit works well and we have actually referred a fiend who has used Halcol Energy for installation.

Professional and listened

I found the whole project to be all I wanted. So professional They explained everything from w/o to go.they understood my wishes and carried them out. Couldn't wish for more.

Original Review on 08-10-2020:

Very happy with Halcol Energy!

Halcol's sales and quoting process was very good. Gary Higgins was very helpful, accommodating and answered what must have seemed to him like a never-ending stream of questions but he did so with very good knowledge, reasoning and with great efficiency.

About two weeks after paying a deposit, Halcol arranged an installation date. There was it would appear a little misunderstanding about the time installation would commence however this was not a significant issue. The two guys who came to install the system, Reece and Callum, were very polite, friendly and helpful and did a great job of removing my old solar system and installing the new one. They even removed a disused satellite dish from my roof that would have created some shade over the panels. They cleaned up extremely well leaving no mess and took my old solar system and satellite dish with them for disposal.

Reece connected his phone to the inverter and showed me on an app that the system was working and what it was producing at that moment. The system was commissioned immediately and did not require waiting on Energex or anyone else for it to be up and running and producing electricity.

Given the system was installed today, I understand I will receive further information from Halcol in coming days about an app that I will be able to access to monitor my solar system.

I am looking forward to much lower if not non-existent electricity bills going forward.

Thank you Halcol!

7 months later we asked Paul: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

No, it hasn't. As a result, I am not making the savings I expected to and overall, I am quite disappointed with the system.

Satisfied Customer

Halcol did a great job coordinating the work and connecting us up. Was a seemless easy install.

Good Decision

We received 6 quotes from different companies, a couple were cheaper and the others were more expensive. We didn't feel pressured at the quoting stage and fully understood what would be best for us and the whole process involved. We were so impressed that we installed solar panels on our 3 investment properties as well as our own home. Invoicing was different to the norm but Customer service was very helpful to our needs and handled the grid connection without input from us. The installation crew were courteous, always on time and left no mess behind. Prior to installation, our energy bill was around $500 per quarter. We have had the system for over 12 months now. Our bills were zero until February this year. Currently they are around $180 per quarter and the reason is that we have had many overcast days this year. Last year, the panels/inverter were averaging 35-40 Kw but even with the overcast days, they are generating around 25Kw per day. Our tenants have reported that their systems are working well also. The flow on from this is that we have kept the same tenants throughout this period plus adding value to those properties.

I am glad that we chose Halcol and have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone who is thinking about installing solar panels.

Solar made easy, affordable and with a warranty you can bank on.

We built a new house and wanted a good size solar system to cater for the future. We got 4 quotes and after reading "the fine print" especially the warranty Halcol came up on top. We settled for a 9.95Kw of panels and a 7.5Kw inverter as we only have a single phase ( 3 phase costs more to put in but u can then get a bigger system but for 2 people we are happy) The installation was a breeze, they organized it with our builder, pre-wired during construction and finished on completion. We now have free power and credit every month. We have a pool, solar pool heating pump, under floor heating in our bathroom and still free power and a great 10 year on sire warranty.

Thanks halcol

Reliable service, liaised with our builder for rough in of wiring during framing stage. And as soon as it was built halcol returned to install solar panels.

Great product and service. Have had no bill since installation ????

The whole process ran very smoothly with old system removed. Then another contractor repaired and painted our roof then new installation was carried out without any problems at all. Great job.

Impressed

Brilliant company to deal with. Very professional with communication & installation. Quotes were spot on & exactly what I was looking for. One stop shop from quote to connection with the grid. Absolutely loving the system.

On time, efficient and polite service.

Good old fashioned service. The installation has been in for 14 months now and consistently working efficiently and reliably. Despite the current low feed in tariffs our bills are still in the positive, so payback is fast.

Quality work, quality products

The sales process was clear and upfront. Kept us informed through-out the whole process and made sure the grid connection was easy. Overall, quality workmanship using quality products.

Inverter Location

Halco and staff were brilliant to work with.
In hindsight I would have preferred to have the Inverter installed outside some how. It’s in a single garage facing west and gets extremely hot in the garage. Inverter adds to the heat.

Prompt efficient and professional service

Prompt efficient service and havnt had a bill since installing our system.Halcol recommended the size of our system and it will have paid for itself in a few months.Havnt had an issue with our system and couldnt recommend Halcol highly enough.

Quality and Service 10 out of 10. So glad we went with Halcol ????

From day one to completion Halcol more than met our expectations. Excellent service from Halcol introducing ourselves, as novices, to solar. No hard sales pitch.
Quality product first class installation and help getting going on the grid.

Fantastic installer

We had some issues after our I satallation but it was created with we will fix that no issues
It’s how problems are resolved that ranks a service provider
Great service would, and have recommend

Better savings than expected.

When we asked Halcol for an estimate of the financial savings we could expect from our new Solar System they suggested we would acheive a full payback in just under 3 years.

Having now operated the system for 6 months based on the refunds our Electricity provider is sending us we should acheive a full return of ofur investment in just 2 years.

We could not be happier!

Solar savings made easy

We recently replaced and upgraded from our 12 year old 2.5kw system to a 10kw system. Halcol had been reccommended by 2 friends but we also chose to get 3 quotes as well. Garry from Halcol was the most responsive and considerate of the sales people we saw and while the price was not the cheapest, the warranties/ guarantees and depth of expertise on explaining the quality choices to us made Halcol the winner. We were told a 3 to 4 week installation date and a date was set and kept.
The installation (and taking away the old system) was done quickly, efficiently and cleanly. The two installers were pleasant guys whom wasted no time getting the job done.
Any contact I have had with Lauren and Ange in the office has been pleasant and helpful, particularly as they were patient with an IT luddite like myself.
I will and have reccommended Halcol to other people considering solar installation.

Very happy with the whole process

Fantastic installation, very prompt and on time. Explained everything thoroughly. I highly recommend this company.

Original Review on 16-08-2020:

Great service solar quotes. Not fully functional yet still dealing with energex forms were lost requesting meter upgrades from installer

Halcol stood out from the rest head and shoulders from the quote to installation, How there products are and installation are time will tell AGL AND ENERGEX THATS ANOTHER MATTER Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bruce: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes and above
The only problem was the power companies

Original Review on 22-07-2020:

Very efficient install - 4.5hrs, but easy access and gentle roof pitch.

Halcol were the only one who wanted to visit site for quote.
Good approach.
Installation was very slick and well executed.

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - all good.

Original Review on 23-06-2020:

Happy customers

The Sales process was informative in no way pressuring us and willingly answered questions which we asked. The installation was commenced on time and completed with a minimum of fuss. The installer also showed me how to check the operation of the system in a very simple manner. Grid connection was organised by Halcol and completed Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. We were told to expect a credit on our power bills . We have been very happy that the credit each bill is higher than expected. Overall a very good investment. Thanks Finn for your advice.

Good work by everyone

The whole process was excellent from quoting to installation, thoroughly recommend Halcol

Quality from start to finish

The representative, Gary, was very knowledgeable and thorough. No pressure to buy.
We had some questions regarding installation of the system after the deposit was paid and received responses promptly.
The installers, Chris and Jake, were excellent. They arrived on time and gave all details on what would happen during and after installation.

Great company to deal with

Thanks to the Halcol team for our solar install, all were easy to deal with, system was up quickly and we are now enjoying the benefits. One minor issue, that was responded to immediately. Thank you to the sales officer and professional install team for a overall top notch job.

Excellent, local support, tangible supplier!

We receive number of quotes, HALCOL wasn't the cheapest but this was local to us supplier I could go to in moment of need. Delivery of our system was quick, team arrived on the dot and by the early afternoon first kWh start flowing from our roof and they left no mess behind!
Our installation happened some two months ago and we just receive our first bill from our provider, what a relief it was!
I had needs to communicate with HALCOL support, I had no problem with calling them, I receive an answers and instructions and solution to my issue.
I'm happy owner of a solar system!!! Keep up the good work HALCO!

A+ solar

Fantastic communication all round, from the administration team to the the installers. Turned the inverter on today and looking forward to the benefits! Thank you.

Very satisfied

Great service and communication.We were up ad running on solar power so quickly.very happy.

Too class service from start to finish

From the very first phone call we have had great customer service and the rep really knew his stuff. The installation was fast. We are very happy that we used Halcol

Fantastic job Halcol!

We've been totally impressed with Halcol from start to finish - they gave us a great price on our panels for a new build, and good advice on the sort of configuration that would suit us best given our household needs, pool power requirements, how solar would interact with our heat pump, etc etc. The installation process was super fast and easy and the technician who ran us through the system set up and monitoring app six months later when the house was finished was friendly, cheerful and obviously proud of the work that he and his Halcol colleagues do.

Customer service was tops throughout, from sales to accounts and installation.

We've absolutely no hesitation in recommending them - fantastic job halcol!

Tesla battery to existing system.

The quotation and purchase of a Tesla battery to be added to my existing 6.6Kw solar array and inverter was a pleasure conducted by a very helpful and patient sales team.

The implementation of what followed took place at the height of the Covid scare which caused difficulty getting the go-ahead from Energex the regulator who condemned the exiisting inverter requiring its replacement.

The team at Halcol showed a lot of patience with an impatient customer (me) who could not understand why the regulator was dragging its feet. A phone call by me to Energex to enquire why a simple go-ahead for a compliant system could not be given had the desired result and the Halcol team wasted no time in doing a very neat and efficient installation.

Only criticism I have is that when the inverter switched off on a few occasions due to a factory default setting with low tolerances for grid variations, I only was helped after having to make a number of phone calls expressing my unhappiness.
A little after-sales-handholding for insecure customers would go a long way to improve the service.

Awesome Installation

Prompt quoting and excellent installation at our two sites. Very timely. Grid connection all taken care of.

Very professional

17+ kw system installed. Professional staff and advice. Small issue very promptly rectified. Would recommend.

All perfect - again!

2nd time i've purchased a complete 13.2kw System frmm Halcol. (One for Home and One for business) Same great service and attention to detail.

Professional Team Providing Quality and Value

From our first contact with the sales team we were impressed by the factual experienced advice of what was best for our situation. The day of the installation the team came early, staked out the places they needed to access and got to work. They worked tirelessly with minimal but polite interactions with us and left with it all done. They showed us what to do and how it works and left without a trace. Customer service is friendly and efficient. We were left feeling we had done the right thing and chose the best installers. We enjoy having solar for the planet but also for us. Thanks everyone.

Amazing company

Very knowledgeable and professional company to deal with. We are very happy with the service we received and loving not having to worry about future power bills. I would highly recommend them

Definitely 5 star service

Halcol energy provided a 5 star servise right from the start , no fuss and to the point with the quote and were happy to negotiate, the install was done on the day booked and put exactly how we wanted it placed all the men were very polite and new their jobs and showed me how to use the system properly they set up the monitoring system on my phone to so I keep tabs on what's happening with the system we put in a 9.3kw unit and our power bill is 0.

Great Installation

From the start with the quotation to the installation polite friendly and professional service it was a pleasure to deal with Halcol