Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd

Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd Reviews

4.8

Based on 36 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Hielscher Electrical - Solar Energy is a locally owned & operated business servicing Cairns & the Far North region.

Here's a little bit of information about who we are and what sets us apart from any ordinary solar company.

* Over 1,000 installs in the FNQ Region

* We pride ourselves on being with you every step of the way from design to installation (We don't use subcontractors)

* Over 30 years experience from our highly trained team of electricians and trade assistants

* Our team have extensive knowledge of solar equipment which assists them in designing a system suitable for your household

* Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer

* Clean Energy Council Accredited Installer

* Clean Energy Council Accredited Designer

* Master Electricians Australia Member

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $8,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd Reviews (36)

6kW

Excellence

Sales/quoting was straight-forward, with many options available.

The installation went very well, such a professional and efficient crew!

Customer service is/was excellent. They turned up with the Ergon electrician to do the grid connection.

Brilliant work ethic, very polite, very professional.

We could not be happier.
Hide Nic's Comment

More than $20,000

Hielscher Electrical is Simply the Best in Cairns

Carolyn in the office was so helpful right from the start explaining everything so clearly to me including the quote and payment details..
The installation went exactly according to their plan as I already had a skylight on the roof.
The team came on time and they were very polite and professional.
I was so impressed with them and they even tidied up everything perfectly before they left. They did a great job.
After the installation Carolyn explained and organised the grid connection for me which was a great relief.
She and her staff were with me every step of the way and as I am a senior lady I appreciated their wonderful service so much.
I have no hesitation is recommending Hielcher Electrical for installing solar panels.
They are simply the best.
Hide Lynne's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

Growatt

Inverter Brand

all 3 Workers did a very good Job !!! what else is important? Nothing.

all 3 Workers did a very good Job !!! what else is important? Nothing.
Hide Bernd's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great staff, great company, great service, great product

From the very first phone call I made to Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd, I was met with excellent customer service and this continued throughout my whole experience with them. Every staff member is nothing but pleasant, informative and helpful.

Brenton Hielscher came to my house to discuss my options and I applaud his approach. He did not do the usual 'sales push' that we had already experienced with 2 other Solar companies. This is one of the major reasons why I ended up engaging the Company for my solar supply and installation.

The office staff (particularly Carolyn) were very friendly and pleasant to deal with.

The install day went without a hitch - the team were on site on time, and did a great job despite the punishing heat and humidity that particular day. Again, they were all very pleasant and professional.

After the install we were stepped through the system and website/app. We were well informed of how the system works and how to get the data from the system. It's great to see the live data from an app on my phone. This data, as well as the information provided to us has made us change our habits to maximise the system (and minimise our electrical bill!).

I have nothing but praise for the service we got from Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd and have no hesitation in recommending them to family, friends and anyone who asks for a SOLAR recommendation.

Hide Amanda's Comment

$2,000 to $4,000

Great interaction

Hielscher electrical were fantastic and professional throughout the entire process, from responsiveness to questions, right thru to the team that did the install. They kept me well informed about what was going on and did what they said they would, when they said they would. Very happy with whole process and final solution/installation.
Hide Craig's Comment

9kW

Inverter Brand

Hands down the best and most professional

Sales and quoting was amazing , kept everything simple and gave us the best guide to help us.
On the day of installation the team were early, highly professional and answered all questions and also sorted out a completely different problem that they had nothing to do with.
I am so very happy that this is the company that we went with. They took the stress out of going solar and we’re helpful and highly professional.

Hide Stuart's Comment

Hanwha Q CELLS

Inverter Brand

Amazing and professional local business!

Excellent local business with exceptional customer service, professional sales and trades with attention to detail. Of three quotes sought Hielscher was the only one to physically attend and inspect the meter box, property, check shading issues, etc. They were professional from start to finish, explaining details of the systems and features and benefits of different panel options and inverter, detailing exactly when the system would be installed and leaving everything as clean as it was on arrival.

Highly recommended discussing your solar options with Hielscher if you're looking for a quality local business that will be here for the long term.

Hide Matthew's Comment

13kW

Inverter Brand

Competitive price and great installation but I had to fight for it

Gary was a good salesman who could answer all my questions without wasting my time. He was also upfront about there being a 4 week wait for installation. Unfortunately when I rang 4 weeks later to find out when my system would be installed I was told that the company was so busy that I was looking at end of January (approx 10 weeks later than promised!) The company representative I spoke to was extremely firm on that I would not get it done before then, despite their salesman's promise, and the email they had sent to confirm the estimated installation date, and even suggested that I could take my business elsewhere if I wanted. Thankfully Gary was able to change their mind after I requested the company pay my power bill for the period of the delay, and managed to get my system installed a few weeks later.
The installers turned up exactly on time and were extremely efficient, polite and well organised and had the whole system up and running in a day. They did a very neat job. I received hard copies of the compliance certificates and warranty on the day and was then email copies of all warranty and compliance paperwork as well. Good service.
I would recommend this company but just make sure they don't take you for a ride on the installation date.

Hide Mark's Comment

WOULD USE HIELSCHER ELECTRICAL AGAIN

Very happy with the whole process. It was easy, straight forward & upfront from the initial quote to the installation, always kept well updated from the office.
The installation team carried out a great job neat, tidy quality installation, were polite and left the site clean.

Hide LORY's Comment

Tindo Solar

Tindo solar installation

Excellent service and great quality i recently had a 8.5 kw system 100% aussie made and owned tindo solar panels. and a fronius inverter installed on my house in kewarra beach. the team were very professional and i am very happy with the system. I highly recommend Hielscher to anyone who is looking at getting a solar system for there home or business. Glenn
Hide Glenn's Comment

Pleasant surprise

Quotation was comprehensive and the salesman was upfront about real world outcomes.
Communication was excellent throughout the whole process from quote to install.
Install was on time and very tidy. Left premises clean and tidy.
After hearing all the horror stories this was a pleasant surprise and I can whole heartedly recommend them.
Hide Francois's Comment

Excellent customer service

The system was installed when they said they would and all our queries answered straight away if we had any. Worth the extra few dollars to have the inverter with the app to watch what power is being produced and used. Also the timer for the hot water system is an excellent idea. What an awesome team to deal with and I highly recommend them.
Hide Wayn's Comment

Fabulous experience.

From the start of the process to final installation, I cant fault the Team.
Everyone i encountered was professional, on time, and great workmanship once installed.
Installation was neat, efficient, professional and helpful.
Thankyou...
Hide Dahne's Comment

3/5

Jinko Solar

Recommend Hielscher elerctrical team

From the start, having Gary come around and check out the house to then give me detailed information about what to expect of solar. He was very polite and great to talk to. Answering the questions I had. The office staff kept in touch and provided detailed emails about further process. On the day of installation the team was punctual and great to deal with. All was explained. Fantastic team. Thank you very much to everybody who was involved to get me started. Will highly recommend Hielscher electrical team.
Hide Steff's Comment

Great, very happy

Great, very happy with the whole process from start to finish. No problems whatsoever
Hide Steve's Comment

Great solar install

Just had an 8kw system installed. Love watching the Fronius app and seeing what power the panels are making vs being used. The guys did a great install considering my house having no roof cavity to run cable.
Very happy with my new Solar system.

Hide Ben's Comment

Solar installer

From getting the quote to communication from their office right through to installation they are great to deal with. Easy to recommend when you receive great and friendly service.
Hide Paul's Comment

Hanwha Q CELLS

Highly recommended AAA service

From the lads who placed the system, the salesperson to the office staff. Excellent service from start to finish! Can not fault them. Will be recommending them highly every time.
Hide Katie's Comment

7kW

Sunstate (Other)

Battery Brand

Fantastic off grid solar system. No more Ergon!

Fantastic installation team. Beautiful install, so neat and tidy. The design is off grid and incorporates both AC and DC coupled equipment. So happy I'd love to try and power my neighbours hose as well!
The owner incorporated much of my small scale DC coupled solar system into the design adding 7.5kW of latest technology panels and a Fronius 5.0 AC coupled inverter.
Even on a heavily overcast and rainy morning (today) the system supports modest household AC load and charges the batteries at a good rate. And power to spare in any sort of sun.
The after sale service can't be beat either. Two courtesy calls after install just to check everything was working as 'advertised'. Last but not least the office staff were courteous and never failed to get back to me or pass on messages.
I highly recommend Brenton and his team.

Larry James
Wonga Beach FNQ

Hide Larry's Comment

Hielscher Electrical are awesome

We had a 10.54kw SolarEdge system (8kw inverter) installed recently by Hielscher Electrical and the service and communication were fantastic. We would highly recommend them to anyone considering Solar in Cairns. They are prompt, professional and honest. We really enjoy using the SolarEdge app and are looking forward to saving heaps of money on our power bills (sorry - not sorry Ergon!).
Hide Corinne's Comment

Great!!!

Extremely professional and easy to work with! A simple email and everything was organised on my behalf.. Cheyenne was very helpful and informative also..
Hide Eboni's Comment

Solar Power Installation

Brenton was helpful, and informative when quoting, Installer Troy was polite and efficient. Very happy with my solar installation, and happy to get my first account, which shows savings.
Hide Susan's Comment

Australian Solar Panel

Inverter Brand

Quality products...not cheap alternatives.

Estimate and quote professional and informative. Installation crew efficient, responsible and clean. Coordination with Ergon automatic and seamless.
Quality equipment available not just a cheap alternative.
A job well done.

Hide Den's Comment

Inverter Brand

Top Quality & Professional!

From first contact with Hielscher Electrical I was impressed with them. They provided me with plenty of information, gave me the time & explained the pros & cons of different systems.
On the day of installation the 3 guys were very professional & definitely knew what they were doing. I made sure I was home the entire day so that I could answer any questions that they had & make decisions at the time. I believe this is really important to do as the positioning of the panels on the roof & the inverter are incredibly important.
They also removed an old satellite dish on my roof & patched it up properly as well as taking away the dish for no extra charge as.
Once the install was complete they spent the time with me to show me how to login to the system through the app & via the computer.
We went with a Fronius Inverter & in the 2 months we've had the system can only praise it & how simple it is to login to & see how much power we are producing & using.
At the end of the day the install guys cleaned up really well.
All the final paperwork was signed on the day & over the next week or 2 I received a number of emails confirming the system completion & rebate etc. So easy!
Thank you!

Hide Dane's Comment

3.3kW

Very happy

I was very impressed with the professional nature of everyone I came into contact with at Hielscher, from quotation, providing extra information, keeping me in the loop about installation, etc.etc.
They arrived when they said they were going to, the guys were very friendly, & they didnt leave a mess!
Its difficult to comment on value for money & quality of system, as its a new installation, but I have every confidence that, if I do have problems with the system, they will quickly sort it out for me.
I was particularly happy with the service, as a couple of other companies I contacted obviously thought my system was too small for them to be bothered with: I'm still waiting to hear from them.
Hide Lindsay's Comment

Excellent communication great result

Very informative made it easy to make a decision.
Installation was very smooth and workmanship was excellent.
Very thing ran smoothly.

Hide Gregory's Comment

Wouldn't go anywhere else

From initial quote to installation we have been extremely happy with Hielscher Electrical. We were recommended by two different friends and were please to go with a local company. The owner came out personally to quote and was extremely thorough in explaining how the system would work. The turn around time from confirmation to installation was good, and after sales service has also been excellent with paperwork and answering any questions. The installers were neat and ensured we were happy with location of inverter and layout of panels.
Hide Sarah's Comment

Original Review on 01-07-2019:

This was the only company to offer an optimized Solar Edge system, none of the others even mentioned it despite the roof being partly shaded during the latter part of the day.

Follow Up Review on 10-02-2020:

I woud have to say yes - I am very pleased with the reduction in my bill and the reliability of the system.
I would recommend both Solar Edge and Hielscher Electrical and Communications Pty Ltd to anyone.
Hide Chris's Comment

Inverter Brand

Simple process, quality products.

Prompt on-site quote soon after contact was made. Comprehensive detail re products and quote per Solar Quotes check list.
Hide Gillian's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic company - efficient and tidy

We decided to look into solar once we started talking about having a baby, as we knew being a stay at home mum would greatly affect our already large power bill. I only wanted to deal with a local Cairns company and they did not disappoint me. The communication was amazing, and Brenton was punctual, very informative and honest with me. Prices were super competitive, and the installation was efficient and tidy. We have had our system for about 2 years now, and haven't had any problems. It has seriously reduced our previously large power bill to almost nothing, and as I am home using ac everyday, we are using more power than ever. Hielscher Electrical Solar Energy gave me excellent service, and I can't recommend them highly enough.
Hide Kirsty's Comment

Phono

Cost

Brenton and all the staff are very friendly and professional . I had researched for a long time and as an electrician myself, demanded the best equipment and an installation to the highest standard. The fully trained, competant and experienced team turned up exactly on time and completed the install in a safe, tidy and compliant manner. The Fronius Symo inverter with energy management relay to supply the hot water, works a treat, exceeding my expectations, with better than expected results. The best value in every way, and I feel confident of an excellent solar experience for many years to come.
Hide Derek's Comment

$10,000 to $15,000

Cost

After consideration and conducting a full cost-benefit I decided to convert the property to 3 phase and install a larger than usual system. Hielscher Electrical have installed 18.9kw of Phono Solar TwinPair pannels paired to a 15kw Fronius Symo inverter and smart meter and so far production is averaging over 100kw per day. Currently, the system will pay itself off ahead of schedule and will likely include batteries at a later date.
Hide Andrew's Comment

Cost

By having a total of 6 quotes I was able to compare product, sales advice and reliability of service. The information that you had in your website was extremely useful in comparing the product. The final decision was best price for the best product. Competition for the sale helped achieve this outcome. Very happy with the performance. Watching my meter go backwards every day.
Hide Lloyd's Comment