Natural Solar Pty Ltd - Company Review Notice Natural Solar Pty Ltd - Company Review Notice
Natural Solar Pty Ltd

Natural Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

DETAILS
98% 0%
4.7

Based on 345 ratings 10 Reviews removed

ABOUT NATURAL SOLAR     (as advised by Natural Solar on Oct 2, 2018)

Natural Solar is the largest Australian installer of residential solar and battery storage solutions, with our overarching mission being to make electricity accessible and affordable for homes, developments and businesses in Australia.

As specialists in the field of solar and battery storage solutions, we have a unique understanding that electricity is one of the highest outgoings for households in Australia, with several of Australian states making the top global 10 list for highest cost of electricity, we are committed to providing innovative and cutting edge storage solutions to all Australian households to provide greater control and flexibility over how they use and store their power.

We work to educate and empower our customers, whether they be commercial or residential clients, on alternative methods of energy and how best to achieve independence from the grid. We enable Australian households and new developments to produce, store and harness their own power by giving them the tools to act as a self-sufficient mini-power station and support them in reducing the cost of their electricity bills as well as positively impact the environment.

Our team of engineers work to assess the needs of each prospective solar or battery owner and devise a bespoke solution for each customer. Our team of registered installers install solar and battery on-site and teach customers how to use their system in home. Our research team are also consistently researching innovation and future solutions in development to add value to the Australian public.

Natural Solar has been truly at the forefront of the home energy storage revolution, having installed the first Tesla Powerwall in Australia as well as the first sonnen Flat system in Australia.

Reviewers report paying: $4,000 - $14,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Natural Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (345)

Very Good and friendly team

The Natural Solar team assisted me in understanding the solar battery and provided me with a lower-cost quotation than other solar businesses. Particularly, Sevag Tchaprazian assisted me in explaining the battery system, providing a quotation, and arranging its installation within four days. I truly appreciate his work and would suggest Natural Solar to others.

The technicians were also extremely knowledgeable and pleasant, and they assisted me with the Powerwall 2 and the Tesla app.

Fantastic

Great experience with Emmett. Easy to deal with, flexible, got the job done quickly, system is working well

Fantastic Service and price

Easy 5 star company. Super helpful and friendly, not only were they the best price by far, but Patrick ensured the battery install was completed as soon as possible and the installers were very professional. Very happy and would definitely recommend.

Installed in a timely manner, but they don't honour the manufacturers warranty or reply to emails

I have had an issue with my Inverter that was selected and installed by these people.
Unfortunately for me the inverter developed a fault, I contacted them to get the issue addressed and got he run around for years.
The supplier solaredge sent a person out and they wrote a report and all the issues were related to pathetic and inept installation.

Absolutely Brilliant

From the initial phone call though to the after installation phone call the service has been outstanding. Our initial sales consult Rupen was brilliant and knew what he was talking about. The installation technicians were prompt and efficient. After installation we received a phone call from Emmett touching base to see if we had any questions or queries. Would highly recommend this business to anyone.

Solar system Replacement

Sales and quote was less than competitor for same system and salesman followed the whole process through to installation.

The installation Electrical team from central coast were faultless they were prompt with their work being very neat and extremely professional.

As I had an existing solar connection and no need to get a new grid connection. I had very limited dealings with customer service saying that all were positive.

Adding Tesla Powerwall 2 to existing solar system

We have added a Tesla Powerwall 2 battery to our existing solar system with Natural Solar. The installation process has been smooth. They have also been able to fast track our installation as we've been without power for a month due to the Christmas day storms in the area south of Brisbane where our property is at.

It's only been 3 days with our new battery but we are really enjoying it so far! It covers our needs completely and works perfectly fine with the grid being still down. Natural Solar have also been very competitive on the battery price. All in all, good experience and I can definitely recommend this company if you are considering adding a battery to your existing solar system.

Awesome experience.

Had an awesome experience with natural solar. Thanks to Rupen and Emmett.

Called them up on Thursday 25/01/2024 had battery installed Tuesday 30/01/2024.

Very pleased and highly recommend these guys, cheapest by far, no one else compared.

The installers did an amazing job, extremely neat and tidy. Extremely pleased.

Definitely hit them up if your looking into a solar battery ?.

Thanks again ?

Very happy customer

Unreal experience with natural solar. These guys are great at what they do

Dishonest quoting, $1000 in extra fees, incomplete installation, eventually resolved

Product: Tesla Powerwall 2.
Problems:
• Pushy salesman who after we paid became borderline rude and lied about what he had previously said.
• Beat a competitor’s all inclusive quote by $50 then added nearly $1000 of excess charges just prior to and on the day of installation, after they had started. They had previously said there would be no additional charges or max ~$200. Belatedly perusing other 1* reviews, it appears this is not an isolated occurrence.
• Installer left without properly connecting or setting up the system
• Our solar PV system is no longer working properly after the battery installation. 10kw system, used to produce 8.2kw, now only 5kw and possibly less than it used to underneath that (i.e. early and late in the day)
• Installer didn’t clean up brick dust or sawdust (which our cheeky toddler started stuffing in the AC drainage duct!)
• Installer did a very poor job of drilling through the brickwork to run cabling
UPDATE: It is almost 3 weeks post install now. In response to my posting a review, I was contacted by their Customer Experience Manager. They eventually refunded the extra charges about 2 weeks later and sent the installer back to complete commissioning the system/fix the solar PV clipping issue, also about 2 weeks later. We have yet to receive any support to set the system up, but have slowly persevered on our own and are getting there. Whilst their manager has done a great job coordinating the resolution of the major resolvable issues, this shouldn’t have been necessary and has taken up time I didn’t have. We were told that the installer would return on a certain day between 8-9am. I shuffled appointments around and stayed home. When he finally showed up about 5pm he said he would never have been able to come first thing and communication errors are common in the company. The battery system itself is phenomenal, now it is beginning to operate as it should, though there are still some adjustments to be made.
I had obtained an all-inclusive quote from a very well-regarded local company. Natural Solar beat it by $50 and said that they could install it sooner, so we foolishly went with them. The salesman was very pushy urging us to sign by the end of the day to secure installation before the end of the year.
We sent a photo of our switchboard and installation location so that they could assess whether any extra charge were likely. They said "no it looks fine, if anything it would only be ~ $200".
The contract had a clause allowing an enormous amount of extra charges if additional electrical work was required. Knowing that my other quote was all-inclusive, I asked for this to be removed or amended with limitations but said they couldn’t get this to happen in time and said we could simply cancel if any extra charges came up after the installer saw the site.
After they had confirmed the installation date and we had paid the majority of the invoice, they advised of $544 in extra charges for reworking the switchboard. On the day of installation, after they'd started they advised of a further $275. When speaking with the salesman and expressing our disappointment in these dishonest tactics, the salesman became fairly aggressive, speaking over me, saying he’d said there would definitely be extra charges and to “just look at the contract” and lying about what he had previously stated regarding excess charges. We would never have signed a contract that was more than the all-inclusive price given by a well-reputed local company that we’d dealt with happily 20 years ago. Why would we?
The installation has left us with a lot of problems.
The brickwork in our garage has been damaged by very poor drilling where the cabling was extended from the meter box to the Tesla Gateway.
The installers did not clean up the brick dust or sawdust from the installation.
The installers left without connecting or setting the system up (they did try for an hour before giving up due to a low phone battery).
Our 10kw solar PV system is not working properly since the battery installation. It used to produce 8.2kw at peak, now it only produces 4.9kw peak. I suspect it is also producing less than it used to earlier and later in the day. I.e. Around 09:30am on days prior to the battery install we usually produce 5kw. After install, we are now only producing 1.5-2.5kw in what seems like very similar conditions.
We are now 5 days post-install and no attempt has been made to resolve these technical issues. Since I posted a review on another site before the installation was completed, I have been contacted by a “Customer Experience Manager”.
Their first offer towards resolving only the extra charges was so underwhelming it was offensive.

I would never deal with this company again and regret allowing myself to be talked into signing so quickly.
They are pushy and dishonest and bordering on rude once they have your money and the installation experience so far has been extremely unsatisfactory.
Emmett, the Customer Experience Manager, is a lovely, patient chap who resolved what he could, but this was time-consuming and should not have been necessary.

This 1.00 star review was removed at the request of the reviewer

This 3.00 star review was removed at the request of the reviewer

Reliable Powerwall Installer

Good communication. Responsive. Reliable follow-up to ensure rebates are paid.

Natural Solar - Powerwall 2 install

Highly recommend Natural Solar for their work in installation of my Powerwall Batteries. The quotation process, scheduling and install was hadnled professionally and wet weather allowed a rescheduling of my batteries sooner.

Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery

Cameron was very helpful with information regarding our Tesla Powerwall 2 Battery and was very professional. The whole process from start to finish was about 2 weeks. Cameron was prompt to answer queries quickly.
Installers also completed the job neatly. Emmett Fox also followed up after the installation for feedback and to assist with switching electricity over to SimplyEnergy. I am regularly checking Tesla app to see to see the usage. Overall a very good experience.

Great Experience

Just had our Tesla Battery installed. I was surprised just how quickly it has happened. Initial contact was made with Patrick Mc Crudden just before the Christmas shut down. He provided me with the a quote and explained the whole process very well. From this great initial experience I choose to go with Natural Solar.

I confirmed my intention to go ahead with the about one week ago. Patrick responded so quickly and go the whole installation happening in no time at all. He was great to talk to and so helpful, noting was too much for him.

The installers came up from Sydney in the morning and were finished lomg before lunch, incredibly efficient and no-nonsense!

I am very happy with the level of service, communication and consultation provided by Patrick Mc Crudden, it has been a great experience!!

Contact Natural Solar for installation of Tesla battery

I reached out to Natural Solar for supply and installation of a Tesla battery to extend my solar energy use and I’m glad I did. Their customer service was excellent and their sub-contractors for the installation were excellent. The process from start to end was so fast and smooth. Would definitely recommend Natural Solar.

Very happy!

Very happy with the service. We had 2 batteries installed. All completed within 2 weeks from my website enquiry to the batteries being installed. Great team, highly recommend!!

Tesla Powerwall 2.

Quick professional tradespeople who knew their job. Very helpful with any questions i had. Left the site clean and tidy. Everything was done correctly and everything correctly labled. Very happy with the job. Now it will gradually pay itself off over a few years knowing im helping the environment.

Good Experience

I recently had Natural Solar install a Tesla Powerwall 2 at my home, and I am extremely pleased with the entire process. Shane, my account representative, was fantastic. He thoroughly explained what I should expect during the installation process, setting clear and accurate expectations.

The installation team was exceptional. They arrived on time, were highly professional, and completed the installation efficiently. They ensured everything was set up correctly and took the time to answer all my questions.

Since the installation of the Powerwall 2, I've noticed a significant improvement in my home's energy efficiency, and it's been exciting to see the energy savings.

I highly recommend Natural Solar for their professionalism and expertise. Shane and the installation team made the entire process smooth and hassle-free. If you're considering a Tesla Powerwall 2, Natural Solar is the way to go.

High recommendation - Natural Solar

Contacted a number of solar battery installers in the hope of getting a new Tesla Powerwall 2 installed before the end of the year to be eligible for the $750 Tesla rebate. Natural Solar came to the rescue by not only providing me with the cheapest quote but also had my battery installed just in time. The salesperson I spoke with was Rupen and he was most helpful and knowledgeable and went out of his way to have my install done quickly. I cannot speak highly enough of all the team at Natural Solar. Their installers were punctual, professional and had my battery installed in just over two hours. They did an excellent job which was also very neat. The battery is performing very well and hopefully my rising power bills will be a thing of the past. Can highly recommend.

Great work by the team!

Natural Solar very easy to work with. Very competitive pricing on the purchase & installation of a Tesla Powerwall 2 solar battery. Top notch installation. Could not fault the quality of the work undertaken by the installers. Highly recommended

Sev's Customer Service for Tesla Powerwall Installation

From start to finish, our experience with Sev from Natural Solar during our Tesla Powerwall installation was nothing short of exceptional. Sev demonstrated outstanding professionalism and expertise, making what could have been a complex process feel completely seamless.

What impressed us most was how Sev effortlessly managed both the installation and pricing aspects. He was well-versed with the product, ensuring that every step of the installation was performed efficiently and effectively. Sev's attention to detail and customer-focused approach made us feel confident and well-informed throughout the entire process.

The Tesla Powerwall itself has been a game-changer for our home's energy needs. It's incredible to see how this technology not only supports a sustainable lifestyle but also offers significant financial benefits. Based on our energy consumption, we've calculated that the Powerwall will pay for itself in just 3 years – a testament to its efficiency and the value it adds.

In conclusion, if you're considering a Tesla Powerwall, Sev is the person to go to. His expertise, combined with the product's performance, makes for an unbeatable combination. We are thoroughly satisfied with our experience and highly recommend Sev for anyone looking to enhance their home with Tesla's innovative energy solutions.

Great all round experience

Cameron provided great customer service. Installation was quick and follow up service was great. The Tesla powerwall was cheapest quote I had received. Overall great experience.

Natural Solar Review - higly recommend

Natural Solar were pleasant to work with and were competitive in costing in comparison to the other companies. Natural Solar endevaoured to have the installation date before the end of the year, depsi

Delighted with the service provided

Really seamless process. The guys were so easy to deal with. Everything happened as per schedule with no delays. They are the go to guys for your solar and battery needs!

Excellent service

Natural Solar were easy to talk to about the whole process of choosing and installing a new solar battery. The process was straightforward and they promptly dealt with any questions I had. The installers were efficient and helpful. Best of all I now have a solar battery that meets my needs and has reduced our grid electricity usage to effectively zero.

Two Tesla Powerwall 2 Batteries added to System.

Natural Solar made adding 2 Powerwall 2 batteries to my existing solar system simple.

Firstly Alan Bailey could answer all my questions and was happy to speak to me on multiple occasions so I completely understood the whole process. Secondly Alan's quote was the most competitive and the job proceeded perfectly.

Installation was prompt and took most of a day and the installers were excellent and the job as tidy as could be.

Follow up work by Emmett kept me in the picture at all times and the job was completed hassle free.

Could not be happier.

Powerwall Install at Elecectricans own home.

When I started installing a powerwall battery I found that Natural Solar were the best value. When the install time came around, I were pleasantly surprised by the high-quality work and professionalism of their installers.

Awesome job

Excellent tesla powerwall battery installation, easy to deal with and was very fast and efficient

They're a great company. Efficient, transparent and friendly

I'm really impressed with Natural Solar. From start to finish they were knowledgeable and very transparent. They followed up at every stage and even guided me to claiming the rebate.

The installers were amazing too, quick and polite and did a neat job.

I'm happy to recommend them without reservation.

Tesla Battery instalation

Salesman was a gentleman. Did everything he could to assist and answered all questions.

A simple and stress free process

We had a pleasant experience with Natural Solar. From the first time we spoke with Lochlan nothing was too much trouble.
His knowledge of the product and advice was invaluable and he made the whole process simple and free of stress

The installers were well presented and very efficient and all details were clearly explained.

The after sale service was informative and helpful

Great installer

Quote and installation of the Tesla Powerwall 2 went well. Installers were professional and finished battery installation within 3 hours. Natural Solar provided the cheapest price and I would recommend them to family/friends.

Fantastic job by Alan Williams and Natural Solar

Fantastic job by Alan Williams and Natural Solar. I asked for abundant solar, optimal panel positioning and a quality system and Alan just delivered. After design, iInstallation took just over one day, with panels going on the roof Day 1, a new meter and all electrical wiring completed by 11am on Day 2. The investment was $25k after $4k subsidy in 20 quality panels, micro-inverters and Powerwall, elect bill dropped from $900 for March qtr (3 mnths) to -$20 (they paid me) for October (1 month),though I know I will get small bills in future winter months. October generation was 1350kwh, the home (3 pax) used 470kwh, 6kwh drawn from the grid and 860kwh exported to the grid.
Winter generation is much lower, in the first complete month of June 2023, generation was 720kwh, the home used 560kwh, 120kwh drawn from the grid and 290kwh exported to the grid.
The powerwall is full by noon most days, with post-sunset use draining 50-70%, or 100% on a rainy day. You would want 2 batteries to power a house and an EV and stay close to nil bills.
Most of the panels face N-East, with only 3 facing N-West, it is helpful to have east and west facing panels to catching early and late sun and stretch generating hours.

Knowledgable and helpful service, the electrician did miss-wire the laundry fuses, but returned the next morning and fixed it.

Expect your Powerwall app readings of usage to be different from the Electricity Meter billed amounts. I suspect AGL just estimated consumption so sacked them for
Simply Energy, who pay $0.15 for each kwh exported, on Alan's recommendation. Simply Energy also paid a $750 signing on cash bonus, which was great.
I notice Amber Energy are now offering access to the Wholesale electricity time of day prices, with homeowners controlling releasing surplus to requirments energy to the grid
from the battery when prices spike in the evening. This makes a lot of sense and is going to spawn a wave of software management systems to optimise export earnings.

Overall great to wipe out future electicity bills, but there is also the benefits of insulation from the recent AGL/Origin 30% price increase, avoidance of their future price rises, and that you have done something for the planet. Thank you Natural Solar, get set for lots more customers.
Toby

Smooth process Tesla PW2

Made a decision to go with Natural Solar to retrofit Tesla PW2 into my existing solar system (panels only). Patrick Calvert helped me with the sals, onboarding process, all steps went pretty smoothly and it's also worth to mention Patrick always got back to me with my enquiries very fast (if I sent him an email after hours, 90% of the email were replied even before 0900 next day).

The installation was booked in much faster than I expected on a Friday and installer came out to my premise on the next Wednesday. The boys did a very clean and neat installation and all went pretty well. We did need to relocate the battery location from one of the side wall to my garage due to there is vent on the wall at the spot where the battery was supposed to be installed. But I felt like installed in the garage was a better setup at the end.

It took about 1 week before the independent inspector came to check the system out (I'm in Victoria the system needs to remain off until the inspection is completed). Simply Energy also called my around the same time to organise the switch to their VPP.

Overall it's a pleasant process with Natural Solar and I'd recommend them on you shortlist when finding a Tesla PW installer.

Sale and quoting very smooth and easy to deal with. Customer service is great good communication. The day of the installation went really smooth no issues what so ever.

Shane the go to person for all things Solar

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! Shane and his team orchestrated a solar installation that exceeded all of my expectations. From the initial consultation to the final switch-flip, every step of the process was handled with precision, professionalism, and a genuine commitment to sustainability.

Shane's expertise was evident right from the start. During the consultation, he took the time to explain the benefits of solar energy, patiently addressing all of my questions and concerns. His knowledge of the industry was impressive and left me feeling confident that I was making the right decision for my home.

The installation itself was nothing short of outstanding. Shane's team was punctual, courteous, and clearly experienced. They worked diligently, ensuring that the solar panels were positioned optimally for maximum energy production and visual appeal.

What truly sets Shane apart, though, is his dedication to go the extra mile. This commitment sets him apart from others in the industry.

In addition to the exceptional workmanship and attention to detail, Shane was always available to address any concerns or inquiries. His customer service is second to none, making the entire process seamless and stress-free.

Since the installation, I've seen a significant reduction in my energy bills, and am actually completely independent of the grid even with EV charging every week!

I cannot recommend Shane and his team highly enough. If you're considering a solar installation, look no further. Shane is the ultimate professional, and his passion for renewable energy is contagious. I am thrilled with the outcome and grateful to have worked with such an outstanding team. Thank you, Shane, for leading the way in solar excellence!

Good service

Good service from sales right through to install. Punctual and quick.

Fantastic service and professional installation. Very satisfied.

Contacted Natural Solar as I was interested in installing a Tesla Powerwall 2. Spoke to Patrick McCrudden and he explained about the current rebate offer from Tesla. Patrick was very informative and patient, and was able to answer my questions about whether one or two batteries would be suitable for my needs. Eventually proceeded with installing two Powerwalls.

Installation was booked for a few days after I paid my deposit. Very happy with the work by the installers, Josh and Wen. They explained the procedure and what options I had for the installation. Everything turned out great, the batteries are perfectly aligned, the installation was very neat and tidy, and the site was cleaned up afterwards.

Highly recommend Natural Solar.

Very Professional

The quoting process was very clear with a detailed email. There is a keenness to secure the deal, but I was Ok with this.
I understand that this is a very competitive market at the present time, and I am confident at pacing my commitments; to ensure that I am comfortable with agreements. The deal being offered was very competitive with its price.

The installation was great. The quality of the work was excellent, Neat and the installer recommended a much better location for the battery than we had initially planned. The installer was very helpful with the product and informative regarding our setup. We were told at the start that there was an expected 6-10 week wait for delivery and the installation was exactly 6 weeks from our initial deposit.

Our system was already connected to the grid (we were purchasing just the battery) but the installer had us up and running before leaving.

In relation to customer service, I had no difficulty connecting with my enquiries to Natural Solar, either by phoning the allocated person directly or through the general enquiries number. They were polite, responsive and prompt with my enquiries.
This is not a platform for identifying specific people (by name) but my thanks to the Sales Rep and to the Installation team

Simple and smooth process.

I had my Powerwall 2 installed this week, and the entire experience was exceptional. Cameron, the point of contact, was incredibly accommodating and kept me well-informed throughout the entire process. The installers were punctual, courteous, and paid great attention to detail, ensuring a thorough and efficient installation, including setting up my Tesla app. I couldn't be happier with the level of service provided. I highly recommend their services for anyone considering a Powerwall installation. The whole process from start to finish was about 2 weeks.

Powerwall2

I had a Powerwall2 installed by Natural Solar.
Cameron from the sales team was professional.
Delivery took about 5 weeks from the day the deposit was made.
Installation and inspection were done promptly on the same day of delivery.

We are impressed

We were impressed that any issues were taken care of quickly, politely and with consideration of our many questions. We contacted 5 energy retailers of w quote to purchase a battery. Natural Solar P/L was the best price, the most patient with my husbands question, all concerns were overcome. It was intalled when they said it would be, for the amount the said and we are very satisfied with the product.

Great , service, product and professional installation.

I had a Tesla powall installed. Emmet from Natural Solar made it easy. They even helped me claim the rebate from Tesla after the installation.
Great, service, product and professional installation. I would definately use them again.

Natural Solar - a company easy to deal with.

Had our Tesla Powerwall 2 installed by Natural Solar.
Sev from sales was very easy to deal with, he explained the process and replies to any inquiries promptly.
The installation was smooth, the boys were on-time and explained very well the work that needs to be done and how the Powerwall 2 works.
They have organized the inspection very quickly, the inspector came a day after the installation and we were able to start using the Powerwall 2 immediately.
Will surely recommend Natural Solar to our friends and family.

Highly Recommend

Everything from getting a quote to installation went smoothly, great customer service , technician on day of installation went above and beyond to achive what i wanted from installation.

Great Battery installation

Michael and Katie were great and installation of Battery was done very well fantastic job done

Extremely Happy

Extremely happy. I read previous reviews including some negative ones before purchasing a tesla wall2. I went ahead and used Natural Solar and everything was awesome, I had no issues at all. The installation guys were great, very professional and a nice tidy job done, they even helped me setup the app an my phone. Office staff were very helpful and answered all my questions. Regards David C

This 1.00 star review was removed at the request of the reviewer