Natural Solar Pty Ltd

Natural Solar Pty Ltd Reviews

ABOUT NATURAL SOLAR     (as advised by Natural Solar on Oct 2, 2018)

Natural Solar is the largest Australian installer of residential solar and battery storage solutions, with our overarching mission being to make electricity accessible and affordable for homes, developments and businesses in Australia.

As specialists in the field of solar and battery storage solutions, we have a unique understanding that electricity is one of the highest outgoings for households in Australia, with several of Australian states making the top global 10 list for highest cost of electricity, we are committed to providing innovative and cutting edge storage solutions to all Australian households to provide greater control and flexibility over how they use and store their power.

We work to educate and empower our customers, whether they be commercial or residential clients, on alternative methods of energy and how best to achieve independence from the grid. We enable Australian households and new developments to produce, store and harness their own power by giving them the tools to act as a self-sufficient mini-power station and support them in reducing the cost of their electricity bills as well as positively impact the environment.

Our team of engineers work to assess the needs of each prospective solar or battery owner and devise a bespoke solution for each customer. Our team of registered installers install solar and battery on-site and teach customers how to use their system in home. Our research team are also consistently researching innovation and future solutions in development to add value to the Australian public.

Natural Solar has been truly at the forefront of the home energy storage revolution, having installed the first Tesla Powerwall in Australia as well as the first sonnen Flat system in Australia.

Reviewers report paying: $6,000 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Natural Solar Pty Ltd Reviews (171)

4.4/5

Great service, high quality products and installation, and competitive pricing.

I am very happy to recommend Natural Solar. The experience has been nothing short of excellent. Alan from the Sales team was always happy to take my calls and helped set the right expectations for all the steps as we went along.

Rob from their design team helped put together a system that best utilised my roof space combined with the Tesla Powerall 2, and be capable of being upgraded in the future.

I was also very impressed with the installer Sam who made every effort throughout the installation to ensure everything was done to a very high standard.

Quality system installed for a great price & good customer service

Had a great experience with Natural Solar - very easy quoting process, and not long to wait for install. Professional staff and sub-contractors, and great follow-up from the head office - to check that I was happy with everything. Great price and reputable organisation.

Professional from start to finish!

Super happy with our experience with Natural Solar. Very professional and painless installation of our new Tesla Powerwall 2. The whole process of getting a quote and applying for the Vic Gov battery rebate, battery installation and final inspection was made stress free by Natural Solar. Having them facilitating the whole procedure made our life a whole lot easier. We're so impressed we're now recommending Natural Solar to our immediate family members. Five stars!

Great crew, really efficient, did a great job

Rupen was awesome. Got back to me straight away every time and went to a lot of trouble to get the perfect system for what I needed. Friendly guy, really informative and reliable. I’ve recommended him to other property owners too.

Professional no fuss installer

We found Naturalsolar during an online search and approached them for a 2 Tesla battery installation for our existing solar panels at our mid western NSW property. John Burden was our initial contact and guided us through the process from beginning to end, even contacting us afterwards to ensure that we were happy with the installation. The installation was very neat and efficient. The installation team even set up my mobile phone with the Tesla app which lets me monitor battery performance, household consumption and panel output - a very useful tool.

We are so pleased that we felt we should leave a review. The company is very professional and the prices are competitive.

No fuss - no stress - their professional experience shines

After a lot of searching I compared Natural Solar to two other short listed providers and have been extremely happy with the result - no just the price but particularly the execution of the whole thing.

John Burden was assigned as my case manager and helped me from quote to implementation.

The team at Natural Solar were professional, transparent and reliable.

The appointed contractors who did the install work were also excellent - no mess, no fuss - A grade at their job.

What else do you want really!

Its a thumbs up from me.

Looking forward to lower power bills

The whole process from initial contact with Alan Williams through to the design and installation all went wel .
Cant wait to see next electricity bill.

From enquiry to expert installation to after sales Excellent all round

From our initial enquiry to comprehensive sales and expert installation by Anthony, our natural solar experience was excellent

Quick and hassle free

Amazing communication and quick turn around, paid deposit on friday and installed on the monday. Very professional installation, quick and trouble free. I would recommend Natural Solar if anyone asks where i got my system installed

Great job, very happy with price financing and installation.

Prompt installation of my system with plenty of communication regarding expected updates of arrival and completion dates and times.

Seamless install

We used Natural Solar about 3 years ago for our initial installation & used them again recently when we decided to increase the size of our system. Dealing with John Burden made the whole process move easily and as I said to John, "Your company has come along in leaps and bounds in customer service at every touch point since initial installation a few years ago"

Excellent service from Natural Solar

Couldn’t be happier with the service and installation of our solar panels.
Very informative about their product and nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend this company especially the help from John Burden and Vijeta.

Responsive and knowledgeable

Natural Solar were great at clearly explaining our options in lay terms and when it came time to install, everything went as planned as was well organised. Great communication and service. Highly recommend.

Fantastic from quotation/design to installation/commissioning

Just a short note to say thank you all for your professionalism in helping me with my journey for the design, options, quotations and changes along the way – three different designs in all to replace the existing solar system with Powerwall 2 and new Canadian Solar Panels.

Just one more thing, it’s a pleasure you have been responsive to all my nagging phone calls (rarely left a message as the phone was almost always answered – impressive in today’s environment), and email returns within hours or a day. Thanks Anthony and team.

Sam and his installation team worked tirelessly today until late – good to see a great work ethic. Well done.

The system was explained and setup and very surprising performance. The Tesla app is fantastic and simply to use monitor performance and power flow (grid, home and battery Power Wall 2).

Satisfied

Had a good experience with John with a competitive price offered. The installation process and the troubleshooting post installation was a smooth one. I would recommend them !

Solar installation

Rupen at Natural Solar was fantastic. He provided the quote upfront as well as the information on the panels and the battery. There was no pushing to sign and that made it easier to go with them.

I chose Natural Solar

Very professional company. I highly recommend. Our salesperson was John Burden, he talked us through the entire process, answering all of our questions, and was very knowledgeable about the entire process. If I have any further additions to my solar system I will definitely choose to use Natural Solar. Thank you John.

Extremely disappointed with the service.

Your solar battery installation work over booked. Work supposed to start in the morning ended up at 10 pm although workers were polite. The inspection to activate the battery was not carried out well over the 8 business day period as required by legislation. Money fully paid but still waiting for the inspection. If you have no workers to complete the inspection during the holiday period, please do not take my money and leave an installed battery useless for how long? I was wrongly informed by your electricians that the inspection is done by Victorian government department who employs subcontractors whose identity could not be revealed. I am a pensioner with frugal income and after paying big money for the battery, I am still waiting for saving some money on my night time electricity consumption. I do not have a date when the inspection will be done either.

Installation and inspection done on the same day, used the solar system right after the installation.

Smooth, professional and friendly teams from sale to finance to installation, never have to worried a things.

Very impressed with the service on quoting for and installing our new solar panels.

10.9 Solar System

Value for money and a professional installation. Customer service was also spot on. Overall, I am extremely happy with the service that was provided.

Happy Solar Conversion

Natural Solar was very accommodating to work with me on my requirements and installation locations for our home. Very friendly and helpful. A site inspection from the panel installer was a great move in clarifying my installation sites for all items. We wanted to install the Tesla battery in our carport/store. With the underground conduits occupied, the installer said yes he can free up one conduit for the battery. Fantastic. Very happy with the products and installation of the panels, inverter, gateway and battery.

Excellent Technical Support

We installed our system back in April and whilst it appeared to be working properly we started to get error messages once the weather started to warm up. I spoke to Aaron on numerous occasions and his technical knowledge and customer service were brilliant. We could not ask for a better product or technical support.

Great experience

We had a Tesla battery installed. Our whole experience with Natural Solar was 5* from start to finish - my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. Our contact, Alan always answered my queries promptly either by email or phone, even late in the day when I expected to wait til the following day. He was always polite and informative. Natural Solar handled all the details, like applying for the rebate, dealing with the energy company, etc. I had to send photos of the suggested installation site on our wall, then another when the original was not considered suitable. Final payment was to be made after Natural Solar confirmed on the day, with the installer that the second site was suitable. On installation day, the process was SO efficient and the two young men were very polite. I had cleared my calendar, expecting it to take up to five hours, but it was all finished very quickly - I didn’t time it, but certainly less than two hours and it looks so neat. Before leaving, one of the young men installed the app on my iPad and talked me through how I could follow the energy flow, operation of the solar panels, home usage, battery charging and flow to and from the grid. I must admit to being a bit obsessed with watching the process on screen and LOVING seeing all that energy from the sun either going directly to our home or charging our battery. It is especially satisfying when the excess energy goes to our battery for our usage instead of into the grid. At this time if the year, early November, we have been independent of the grid almost every day since installation. In addition, watching the energy flow has encouraged me to modify our pattern of usage of power.

Excellent customer service, information and installation

Hi
Excellent experience.
I asked for information and was contacted the same day. I had many technical questions about the Tesla battery and interface with solar and electricity networks. The technical team was very good. They also arranged for the installation in less than a week. I had a minor issue due to different circuits for the EV and was sorted out by the electrician the next day. I wish I could always get to do business with companies like Natural Solar.

Fantastic Knowledgeable Team, Excellent After Sales Support!

Very happy with the team at Natural Solar. Got the system installed in 2 weeks after I signed the quote.

The sales process was a bit bumpy at the start but the professionalism of Alan and the quality of the products they offered. All the paperwork was taken care of by the team at Natural Solar.

(I got a 10.3 KW system with Canadian Solar Panels, Fronius Inverter and Fronius Smart Meter).

The installers were also very professional. We had a tricky roof and the team worked with the installers to ensure that the install went smoothly.

The after-sales support to help register the inverter, and set up the app for the inverter and the smart meter has been fantastic.

Don't use Natural Solar, terrible customer service

Sales process is good. After sales is terrible. Start install 1 Oct 2020, currently Nov 7 and install is not completed. They caused massive water ingress in roof as they broke a tile and they claimed they were not responsible for damage and would not return to complete works. House was watertight the day before install. Been chasing Natural solar for weeks. Wont return until Insurance is completed and I agree to additional contract conditions. After sales is terrible. Not a company I would recommend. Reminds me of the bad old days of the building industry, great service till your money is paid. Choose someone else if you want customer service post sales.

Excellent service but....

Phillip provided excellent sales service in the quoting process He was never pushy like some typical sales consultant, but was patient and has a good sense of humour. He even gone beyond his sales responsibility in taking final payment as I did not want to give my credit card details to just anyone I do not know, and he also rang me after installation to check on the status as we had some problems on the day of installation. This phone call certainly re-instated my positive impression of Natural Solar and I will recommend for others to go with Natural Solar.

Due to some miscommunication, we thought the installers would commence work early in the morning. When no one turned up by 11am, I rang Customer Service and was advised that they were on the way. When no one turned up by 11.30am, I rang again and was told they should arrive by 12 noon. By then, I was getting frustrated and stressed out thinking that I have been scammed having paid the full amount and no one turns up to do the work!

Customer service was found to lack confidence, did not communicate correct information, or communicated only part of the information. Prior to the installation day, I asked them how long the installation will take. Instead of giving a range of time the installation could take, they said flatly half a day. The installation eventually took 3.5 hours + 7 hours over 2 days. This lack of service certainly has brought down the assessment!

The installers were polite and reasonably tidy with their work.

Couldn't be happier

We purchased a Tesla Powerwall 2 as a replacement for an old battery system. Natural Solar gave us the best quote, were unconcerned by the previous wiring and installed the new battery quickly with no fuss. The subcontractors were clearly very knowledgeable and professional. A Natural Solar representative called me soon after to check if everything had gone smoothly, emailed me some instructional videos to help me get started. I would definitely use Natural Solar again and recommend them highly.

Amazing and Professional Service!!

Rupen was exemplary with my dealings with Natural Solar.
From start to end including the installers they were fantastic! Recommendations on product, process of install, and ongoing support has been fantastic! Highly recommend if you want the job done right!

Got what I wanted

Wanted a best quality solar panels and the largest battery capacity so I chose sunpower and tesla.

Great solar + battery experience

We had 30 panels + Tesla Powerwall 2 installed last week. I did a bit of research and spoke to a few companies about this, but Alan Williams and Natural Solar was who we went with. Alan W was open and honest through all my many questions, and gave great feedback, to make us feel comfortable about this significant investment. Brad and the installation team did an amazing job to get everything installed in a day. Everything went super smoothly.

Now I'm loving the Tesla app, and monitoring all the great data it provides, and am especially enjoying running off the battery in the evenings.

Natural Solar made the transition to solar easy.

I investigated many Solar Panel and Inverter options speaking with a number of suppliers and technicians within the industry. I wanted to know what technology advancements had been made and recently released to market and what still in R&D. I went with a recently released new panel from Natural Solar. Natural Solar representatives Riz, Alan and Vijeta were wonderful to deal with, I can't speak more highly of their professionalism, great knowledge and great customer service. The installation was done in a day by Matt, Troy and Karl. What a fantastic team, and great guys.
The Team at Natural Solar had their act together. Their approach was consultative, not pushy like some other quotes we received. The emphasis of James Wraith and his sales team is about understanding the customer and configuring the best solution for them. The "Empowering Homes" initiative by Gladis' Government certainly makes the decision to go solar storage much easier, and choosing Natural Solar as the most experienced and capable supplier in the market today is a no-brainer.

Best customer service and value

Natural solar have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. The very first time I spoke to Phil, my sales consultant I was impressed with the no bullshit attitude. No sales gimmicks, no sales talk, just good advice and was more than happy to discuss different scenarios including batteries which other companies had tried to sell me (and nearly did) until Phil talked me through the whole scenario. I got a lot of quotes and spoke to a lot of companies. Other companies that I spoke too were very pushy, wanting you to sign up over the phone where Phil took the time to talk to me and appreciated the fact that I was shopping around. Natural solar were not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Quality service, quality product and a quality installation. What more could you ask for. I highly recommend the team at natural solar especially Phil, he is awesome to deal with.

Excellent service. No high pressure hype.

The team has met my requirements with a true passion to make it all make financial sense. Fair and plausible forecasts of input and output of the system. Was seriously tyring of the manipulation of 'source' data by many of the other Solar Retailers. We were looking for an investment that made sense. Looking forward to the install.

Installation was completely professional

The installation to an existing Enphase solar panel installation of a Tesla Power wall battery was faultless. The job was very neat and the installer talked me through associated software and running issues in a thorough and understandable manner before leaving the site. I wanted a system that could store energy and more importantly was also operable during a power outage. When I did my research I was surprised to find that on many storage options this wasn’t the case. The Natural Solar price was lower than the clownish contact I had from Tesla direct to organise and install. Alan from Natural Solar was also very helpful in answering and clarifying any relevant issues I had. I have no hesitation in recommending Natural Solar if you want this particular product installed, ignoring the economics of getting a battery in the current market.

The solar industry does have some disreputable people in it who contribute to the nervousness I have when I am asked to pay up front for something yet to be installed. It is an annoying feature of the industry that probably points to the number of buyers who don’t meet their payment obligations more so than the installers who don’t deliver. A gap in the industry to my mind is an independent intermediary willing to hold payments until a job is certified as complete so that buyers and installers can be confident that payments are made with full fidelity.

Great product + Amazing team = Happy customer

Smiling gleefully, I was overly excited at purchasing a property with solar installed. The reputable company, Natural Solar provided benefits of natural, renewable energy, benefiting not only the environment but also my pocket! As a single parent, I had more than smiles I had extra cash left in my pocket!

When I purchased the property (a contemporary townhouse), the Natural Solar team made themselves available to answer my many queries I had for them. I didn't know much about how solar energy worked and felt like I was asking 'dumb ' questions, however, they were always polite and happy to answer my many questions. Natural Solar were extremely approachable and were always available for a chat. Luke Cassar was the face of the team and was helpful and efficient in replying any questions I had almost immediately. It is helpful talking to a person on the other end who genuinely happy to help out with any information I needed. The team has great product knowledge, which is exactly what I would want and expect from a creditable company such as Natural Solar.

The solar system works extremely well and I have had zero concerns. The team from Natural Solar also took time out to check up and ask how everything is going on my end. I have been raving about it to my friends who have come over to see how the system works so they can have it installed in their homes.

Natural Solar was a great marriage to my contemporary smart home, especially during the Covid Lockdown period where my children and I were bound from working from home. We were consuming considerable energy, but I didn't have to worry as much as many families have had to. If I have to pay less bills at the end of the day and at the same time help the environment it's a no brainer! Highly recommend this company and the team representing it.

Helpful and efficient

The process of having panels installed was simple and efficient. Alan Williams explained all the aspects of running a solar system and took the time to recommend the set-up that would work best in our situation. Subsequently Brett and his team arrived on site to complete the installation and worked like a well-oiled machine. In particular Brett took the time to explain a couple of challenges with the installation process and to come up with a suitable solution. The entire process was run seamlessly and with a high level of communication. Highly recommended.

Excellent company we were very happy with

We were very happy with the quoting process with clear communication throughout.
The installers were punctual and efficient and the customer service was fantastic.
All team members involved were very polite.

Terrible unprofessional company

Highly unprofessional company. Have taken payment months ago and still have not installed my solar panels. Had to email and ring multiple times before they even bothered to ring me. Despite reassurances panels are still not installed. I would not recommend this company to anyone

Fast, friendly and efficient process - energy independence made easy

Alan Bailey knows his solar panels and systems. Clear and easy to understand quote and no pressure sales approach made the sales experience pleasant. Natural Solar installed both my panels and battery within 2 weeks of my final payment. The installation team - Brett, Steve, Jake and Lachlan - were efficient and demonstrated pride in their work, from making sure that the cables couldn't be seen from the front the street to tidying up as they went along. Micheal and Max who installed the Tesla Powerwall worked into the night to make sure that they delivered as promised and they also provided training to make sure I got the most out my system from day one. The team at Natural Solar and the contractors they use have been excellent and I would strongly recommend them if you are looking to install solar panels.

Highly recommended. Very pleased : )

Phillip and the team at Natural Solar were a pleasure to work with.
Polite, knowledgeable and informative he was able to answer all my questions throughout the process.
The Powerwall 2 is exceptional quality as is the installation itself.
The user interface for the Tesla is very user friendly and I'm confident it will prove to be a sound investment.

I highly recommend Natural Solar, the Tesla Powerwall 2 and the tradesmen used by Natural solar to carry out the installs.

Exceeded all expectations!

Phillip at Natural Solar responded to an idle online inquiry of mine and took me (gently, knowledgeably and patiently) through the whole process from uninformed neanderthal to (now) quite educated and highly engaged solar aficionado.

We already had a 4.8kWh array of panels and were looking for a battery to, hopefully, transform our experience from a quite expensive electricity-only user household to a much more economic one. Phillip took me through all the options and in the end we settled on a 13.5kWh TESLA PowerWall 2 with Gateway. The price was significant and I am aware of those who argue about "pay back periods" but my attitude (with the original purchase of the panels and now the battery) is that when you buy car, you do not look at the pay back period - just that it will improve your life.

Already the TESLA is proving that point for us - and the payback period will not be too long, either!

The whole process took about 6 weeks - but we live in the country and there were approvals needed from the poles and wires people (not quick) and then the installers had to be scheduled to come to our little hamlet. The downside of this is that we have missed out on a period of savings.

The installers did a marvellous job, very tidy, very efficient, very helpful and willing to discuss and then very instructive when they demonstrated the use of the TESLA APP newly installed on my phone.

This installation occurred in the depths of the COVID 19 lockdown and to say that having a new toy and hobby to play with has improved my way of life is an extreme understatement.

In all a terrific experience and I highly recommend Natural Solar

Stress Free From Initial Phone Call to Completion

A huge Thank You to Trevor and the team at Natural Solar
After a random google search re battery solutions without any real intentions of making a purchase the more I read and understood along with numerous emails direct to Trevor with clear and precise / quick / easy to understand responses I turned a general enquiry into an actual purchase.
The whole process was a pleasure and one now that holds no regrets - turn around time from initial phone call to installation was incredibly quick -The installation team were excellent placing the components in the exact position I required and had the system set up and operational within a few hours including the App on my phone that I constantly find myself viewing to monitor the performance.
Once again Thank you to all who assisted in making this happen for me.

Happy customer

Sales and ordering was quick and painless. Went through a variety of configurations and components for my setup until we arrived at a system which we were pleased with. Communication throughout the process was excellent. Installation on the day was done with minimal disruption. Would highly recommend.

Very happy

I received the most comprehensive information to make an informed decision and was not pushed into a brand.

Good service, understanding business and wonderful sales and installation team

The whole process from start to finish was very easy and the sales person, Alan Bailey was very patient and knowledgeable in guiding and explaining how each of the components work and helped me through the application process. The installation team from JWS were also very punctual and took away all the boxes and rubbish. Of all the companies I took quotes of, Natural Solar had the most reasonable price for the quality and warranty of their panels and battery. I would definitely recommend this company for any solar and battery installation.

Outstanding Quality and Commitment to Customer Satisfaction!

We had our Tesla Powerwall installed yesterday, only a week after our first call to Natural Solar. Alan Bailey helped us from the beginning, providing customised advice and helping us decide between various batteries. Alan was dedicated not just to sell us a battery, but to ensuring we were buying the right battery for our circumstance. The engagement process with Alan, the payment process with Alex, the installation process with Josh and Adam, the tech assistance with Diwa and help from James every time I called with silly little questions, demonstrates to me that Natural Solar is committed to providing customer focused outcomes and ensuring quality in every aspect of their operation. I refer with confidence and will look no further if I need to upgrade my set up in future. I extend my appreciation to the whole team!

Wonderful, just wonderful

've just signed up for solar panels and a battery system with Alan Bailey of Natural Solar.

Why did I choose Natural Solar? Well a very large part was Alan. Whenever I had a question, he was there with an answer. Alan didn't try to push me into a sale, he just answered my questions and allowed me to make the decisions. It was more like talking with a trusted friend than talking to a sales rep.

Alan is a credit to Natural Solar and Natural Soar are a credit to the industry. I spoke to several other companies before choosing Natural Solar. Some of them couldn't answer my questions; some tried to force the decision and some just couldn't come up with answers at all.

Natural Solar are, I understand, the industry leaders and as such they can afford to be choosey with whom they employ. They definitely chose the right man when they employed Alan.

They have promised to "exceed my expectations". I shall hold them to that promise but I am sure they will deliver. Unfortunately, my experience with some of their competitors is just the opposite.

OVERALL RATING (so far) 6 stars out of 5