Sunwise Energy

Sunwise Energy Reviews

4.5

Based on 106 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Locally owned and staffed by dedicated trained professionals.

Sunwise are proud members of the Clean Energy Council and have installed In excess of 10 Mega Watts of Solar Power throughout WA.

We offer solutions in all aspects of design, installation and service using only quality suppliers.

Reviewers report paying: $3,365 - $9,950 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sunwise Energy Reviews (106)

seamless process throughout

installing a solar panel system is a big expensive process that generates questions and doubts through a level of ignorance for the home owner.
there are so many service providers and products on the market that it can be quite daunting as the final decision is yours.
We have recently had Sunwise Energy install our 5KW system. Thankfully it is working well.
We would like to thank the team for the service provided. From the start where we were comparing products , service providers and prices we have had a great experience, Mike from sales was very patient and provided us with well explained options and pricing. We were advised on the install options and reasons for example of spitting the solar panels into two orientations to take advantage of more sunlight across the entire day.
The administration team were excellent in advising us of our progress through their busy schedule of installs
The installation team arrived on time, the installation was neat and they left our home in the same tidy state they found it.
The installer , Brad , took time to walk us through the use of the monitoring website and explained the general functions of the Inverter.
We have received all our certificates of installation and operating manuals along with a final followup phone call to ensure there were no loose ends.
Pretty hard to be critical. Well done and thanks to all
Hide Cole's Comment

Quality for price

Thank you for your outstanding work in installing our Solar Panels..
Please convey our appreciation to all and especially the workmen on the job, who were most efficient, courteous and professional.
Cheers.
Hide GLENDA's Comment

Highly recommended

Having had solar panels from Sunwise before I was quite happy using them again for my upgrade. Replacing my old panels for 18 new 6.66kw PV Capacity panels, an upgraded 5 kw invertor and a Sungrow 4.8kWh Battery created a logistic snag as I wanted my roof cleaned and sealed before installation. Sunwise were willing to remove my old panels and wait for two weeks before installation of the new ones, allowing time for the roof restoration. Everything went smoothly even with a weeks lockdown for Covid. We're very happy with the results and service.
Hide Harry's Comment

QS Solar

Really outstanding service.

Every aspect of our journey with Sunwise has been outstanding. From our initial consultation to the installation to the service when a couple of problems were encountered. The team spent considerable time with me, even though it was a Friday afternoon, explaining all the details and making sure that I understood exactly how the system operated. Would I recommend Sunwise, you bet I would!
Mark Stapleton
Dunsborough

Hide Mark's Comment

KLNE

Review and check of system after 10 years

I have been very impressed with the installation and follow-up support. I had a problem part way through the 10 year contract and there was no issues with fixing or replacing equipment. i recently requested a check of the system and the technicians were very thorough and great with showing me how well the system is running after ten years.
Hide Jeff's Comment

Neat job Good quality system

Great company to deal with from start to finish. Easy no fuss process from start to finish. Makes it easy to shop local
Hide Jamie's Comment

Very professional

Very happy with the whole process from quote to install. Impressed they travel two hours to look at the property and quote.
Installation was done on time. The team we're professional and friendly. The job was tidy and neat. I really can't find any fault and would highly recommend.

Hide Louise's Comment

Inverter Brand

Poor after installation assistance.

Sales quoting good.
Installer not fully aquainted with Solar Edge Inverter and connected wrong port. Needed assistance to rectify problem 3 days later. Forgot to open permissions on software to allow me access to monitor system.
I discovered physical layout incorrect . Emailed correct layout to Sunwise and dropped sketch at office to assist correction.
After numerous phone calls and emails this layout is still incorrect and I feel like I'm being fobbed off.
Main frustration is no one will take ownership to fix the matter .
Very hard to recommend this business after my experience.

Hide Geoff's Comment

3kW

Solar Installation

The representative from Sunwise was friendly and offered great options before we choose our system.
Signed up ,paid the deposit and the expected start date came round and the installation was done.
The installation crew where friendly and I think they did a great job.
Now I have my system up and going and working for me
Hide Laurence's Comment

Fantastic installer

Competitive

without a hitch and a week earlier than expected

Organisation was spot on and got me into the 7c buy pack prog which was great

follow up was what was expected

Hide Robert's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very professional business to deal with. Excellent installation

From the initial sales team that took my inquiry, through to the installation, the whole process was a pleasure.
Hide Glenn's Comment

Very Good Service

The whole process went very smoothly. The quoting was clear, with no hidden factors. The installers were polite, pleasant and efficient. The system was working perfectly before they departed. Happy to recommend them.
Hide MARK's Comment

Inverter Brand

Hassle free upgrade and installation

Easy process from initial enquiry - our sales person at Sunwise was extremely helpful and patient with all our questions and uncertainity. Our Bridgetown property some 100 kms away needed a solar upgrade, Govt's Feed-In-Tarriff scheme ceased in July this year. An immediate quote was supplied, also other electrical work for a shed electrical connection was pencilled in. There was no sales pressure - we were able to decide with confidence. Sunwise being local in the South West, situated not too far away in case of any issues after installation, made decision easier. We had received several other cheaper quotes from other companies based out of Perth area - but considered not viable because of additional costs for travel etc., when questioned.
Sunwise kept us completely informed leading up to the day of installation. Team arrived on time on the day, quickly got to work with removal of old panels and system, installation of 20 new panels and system, as well as the shed's electrical connection. Work was completed by late afternoon, without any problems or inconvenience to us. So hassle free. The installation team of 3 from Sunbwise were fantastic - so friendly, well mannered and very respectful. They worked very hard all day, left the site very clean and tidy. Impressed by how easy it was to access all our solar data using Wi-Fi etc., when they showed us - which by the way only took 5 minutes, at the end of the day.
So happy with the whole process and especially the excellent customer service we received from Sunwise, Bunbury. Thank you.
Hide Julie's Comment

Service response

I had reason to call regarding a fault. An intermittent isolation fault.

I understand how difficult these can be to find.
The technician that responded explained the most common causes and then proceeded to investigate and has possibly resolved the fault.
This won't be confirmed until the next torrential rain downpour.
I am reassured by the competence and the behaviour of the entire team.

Hide Robin's Comment

APS

Original Review on 03-12-2019:

Highest efficiency system for less than competition

Tony was very precise with computer generated layout, details on components, and arranged all the electric co preinstall requirements. Install only took a day, on time, very efficient, and they showed us how to use inverter.

Follow Up Review on 03-08-2020:

Yes, our electric bill has crept up to a massive $240 due to less winter sun-no surprise there
Hide Michael's Comment

Inverter Brand

Could not ask for better service

Great clear and precise information right from my first phonecall to them.
No hard sell. Price was very competitive.
The installation team arrived early on the job and even though the weather was pretty lousy they got the job done in good time without any disruption to our daily activity.
Thank you all.
Hide Rodney's Comment

Happy with final result

Daniel came out promptly to inspect the property and provide a quote after answering our questions.
The installation was carried out over 2 days as the inverter was not available on the initial day of installation.
There was a misunderstanding in communication regarding this, but the owner of the business came out with his offsider to install the inverter a few days later apologetic and with a gift, which was appreciated.
The technician was very good explaining how to use the website to monitor the system and installed it on my phone.
They made sure the area was left in a manner better than when they arrived.

Hide Vikki's Comment

The professionals

I contacted Sunwise after my original system failed and I'm happy that I did.
From the very first contact to the end of installation they have been professional and thorough, giving me options with prices, being punctual, leaving a clean work site, and taking away the old system. Very easy process.
Hide Jill's Comment

Fantastic

We were helped through the entire process from start to finish.
Very professional sales staff and the installers were awesome

Hide Bobbie's Comment

Efficient and Professional Experience

Shortly after placing my enquiry with SolarQuotes I was approached by three companies. Sunwise and another offered to do site visits before providing a quotation while the third company produced a quotation without coming to the property.

The representatives from Sunwise and the other company were punctual, courteous and more than willing to walk me through the process of working out what installation would be the most cost effective and efficient for my property. I was more than happy with both these companies, but in the end decided to go with Sunwise.

Sunwise arranged all the approvals with minimal input from me.

The technicians from Sunwise arrived at the agreed time and introduced themselves. The lead technician included me in discussions on exactly where they would install the system components to make sure I had no objections to their proposal. The installation was completed within the day and the lead technician gave me a comprehensive run down on the applications associated with the SMA and Solar Analytics components.

I am more than happy with the service provided by Sunwise and would happily recommend them to anyone.

Hide Tim's Comment

4kW

Unprofessional

(Installation done during covid 19 lock downs which may have impacted on the service)

Sunwise were the only one of the 3 recommended companies prepared to come to the site to do an inspection and quotation (location Margaret River).
There was very poor communication between the office and the installers with multiple mistakes including, miscommunication on time and access arrangements plus fitting the wrong inverter.

The installation team were polite, tidy and returned the same week to install the correct inverter.

The inverter should have allowed internet monitoring (Solaredge system) but Solaredge had no staff available to deal with technical issues due to covid-19, but did have sales staff who couldn’t address any technical questions. It took multiple calls over two weeks by Sunwise and myself to get a simple correction made to the Solaredge interface to allow monitoring.
Hide Robert's Comment

End to end excellence.

Sales information extremely detailed. Quote was explained in detail outlining benefits of panels and inverter.

Installation date booked well in advance. Crew turned up on time, quickly removed old system and installed new. It was evident that the staff were well trained and had years of experience. All old materials were removed from site. Remote monitoring set up and explained in detail.

Grid connection had been organised in advance and system was up and running by 2pm on day of install.

Can not speak highly enough of all the staff I interacted with at Sunwise.

Hide Glen's Comment

Inverter Brand

Recommend Sunwise Bunbury for quality and service from friendly efficient technicians.

Hide Marcus's Comment

$15,000 to $20,000

Cost

Q CELL Q MAXX 330W (Other)

Tesla

Battery Brand

Very satisfied, professional caring sales rep and installation team!

Satisfied with the speed with which we were contacted, enthusiasm, the fact that he actually visited our home and asked relevant questions about our use, habits, expectations. 6.6kw system with Powerwall back-up so far seems to meet our needs. Brilliant installation team, punctual, professional, polite, explained process etc with us, cleaned up well, pedantic about installation and everything working correctly.
Grid connection done after installing hybrid system. very satisfied so far!

Hide Keallie's Comment

8kW

Professional Team

Sunwise Energy have been very professional through the whole process from their initial measure and quote, advice on system components to the installation with minimal fuss and disruption. Thanks to everyone involved with this and the two other installations that have been done for us.
Hide Geoff's Comment

Cost

Jinko cheeta mono PERC 400 w (Other)

Inverter Brand

Not installed yet about one month wait very busy I guess

Sales and quoting very good not installed yet. They are local,,,SunSmart who are 30 Ks away couldn't even get down to see us
Hide Peter's Comment

Professional installation, good performance

Competitive price for similar product. Installers were very helpful, professional and courteous. They answered any queries about the system. Cleaned up after themselves and took away all the rubbish. The person I spoke to on the phone about any queries I had was always courteous and helpful. They arranged everything required. The only disappointment was it would be nice to have a text or email confirming installation date and approximate time they would arrive. It makes planning your day easier, especially if you have to take time off work. The system is working well and produces over 40kwh a day. All in all, very happy. I would recommend Sunwise.
Hide Kingsley's Comment

Exceptional Staff and workmanship

We were very impressed with the way they communicated and neatness that it was great to see great work ethics still going strong. Thumbs up to Tony, Sean and Austin and western power
Hide MONICA's Comment

Original Review on 25-04-2019:

Follow Up Review on 25-12-2019:

Almost one year on and we couldn't be happier with our solar system. It is amazing how much energy is created even on cloudy days. We are already saving so much money off our power bills even through winter. Best decision we've ever made!
Hide Diane's Comment

Sunpower

Fantastic installation

Excellent install from start to finish...I would thoroughly recommend this company.
Hide Peter's Comment

Solar installation

Sales person explained everything well, price was good and installation was prompt.
Hide Michael 's Comment

good install

Did a home visit for quote. Price was good and gear was higher spec than other quotes for same brands.

Install was good, even did some repairs to rid while there
Hide Ben's Comment

Installation Process

Tony was a pleasure to deal with. Had excellent knowledge of what he was selling and a very friendly, polite person.
The installation process was easy and had very friendly staff. They ran me through the system and made sure I understood how it works and how to monitor the system.
The only issue I had, was after explaining to me that the panels are most efficient when they are clean, when I actually viewed all the panels after installation, one of them was red from dust and most of the others had a film of dust over them, so will be a job for me to do on my time off work. Just would of thought they would be hosed down prior to installation. Overall though, very happy with the product and service.
Hide Glen's Comment

1.5kW

SunGrow

Fantastic installer.

Very happy that we chose this supplier. From the word go they have been very cooperative and easy to deal with. Quote was very clear as to what was being delivered and installed. They gave a date for installation and came right on time. they went about the job in a very orderly manner, not rushing things but making sure everything was ok. Both the installers were very polite and obliging. when finished all was left very tidy.At the end the installer spent a lot of time to ensure that the system was linked to my computer. Needless to say we would highly recommend SUNWISE.
Hide Anthony's Comment

REC

Before Sale and during Sale Great.....After sale no so good

Everything was good, quote, sales, grid connection and installation....however the Optimisers have not worked since instal (instal 3/9/19) we now in November....the only response I have been getting from Sunwise is that they are waiting for SMA to get back to them
Hide Sharon's Comment

$6,000 to $10,000

Original Review on 18-02-2019:

Very professional and friendly.

Follow Up Review on 20-10-2019:

Yes, installed in mid Feb and is picking up after the cooler and shorter days,meeting all our expectations!
Hide Nicky's Comment

Amazing Team

The whole team was very helpful. From requesting quote, assisting with finance to installation went all smoothly. Tony Keaton is amazing, he answered all our queries and is available any time we have questions. Sunwise is highly recommended.
Hide Jinky's Comment

Great experience

Professional and knowledgeable team, polite great to deal with, installation was efficient and everything explained thoroughly
Hide Michael's Comment

Outstanding installer

Great interaction from start to finish. Tony the salesperson came almost immediately after we requested a quote. He was very likeable and generous with his time, providing very comprehensive overview of the proposed system. The installation was on time, again very polite quick and professional. At the conclusion of the installation they organised my Sunny Portal account.

Please note that the price quoted included removing and disposing of old panels.
Hide Barbara's Comment

No Battery (Other)

Original Review on 03-12-2018:

Will update when installation is complete.
Cheers,
John

Follow Up Review on 06-08-2019:

Well and truly performed to expectations
Hide John's Comment

Original Review on 02-11-2018:

Had to change panels at the last moment due to could not supply Jinko panels. They were replaced with Seraphin.
We were assured they are equal if not better quality.

Follow Up Review on 04-07-2019:

Absolutely,,,,,
Hide Lesley's Comment

Original Review on 10-10-2018:

I was glad to have your knowledge and feedback on supplying of installer quotes.

Thanks again Ron.

Follow Up Review on 11-06-2019:

In good sunny conditions it performs well but not as good as I thought it would perform overall for the size of the system seeing as I have 18 x 360 watt panels.
Hide Ron's Comment

Cost

Went for solar edge system. With optimisers, all good so far, small hiccup with inverter wi fi no reading, now sorted by Sunwise, alternative monitoring system fitted.
Hide John's Comment

Original Review on 03-08-2018:

Follow Up Review on 02-04-2019:

Hide Ron's Comment

Cost

Only issue I had was with the finance place. The sales man Tony sent them 2 emails to get my finance sorted and ready for the install but in the end I had to call them to chase it up. Other than that I didn’t find the process too stressful. The install guys were good and sales rep was good. I did find it strange they invoiced me before the install? Not sure if that’s the done thing with solar?
Hide Andrew's Comment

Cost

Very friendly staff both sales and installers.
Hide Anon's Comment