Arise Solar

Arise Solar Reviews

Arise Solar is a Solar Power Installation company based in and serves ACT. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $2,600 - $5,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Arise Solar Reviews (128)

3.6/5

3.6/5

3.4/5

3.2/5

Great installation useless customer service.

Do not use the finance option. They get their money and are in absolutely no rush to do the installation... signed up in December and paid deposit, signed contract. Installation didn't take place till May but started getting billed by finance in April.

Do not let them drop other peoples panels in your driveway, even if they say they will compensate you... they won't. Even after countless phone calls and emails.

Well done Jason and his team from Arise Solar

I can only thank Jason this way , publicly but he and his team were amazing, good quoting, taking over the lodgement of documents with the the authorities, delivery on time, clean and neat trades-person on site and the accounting team looked after the payment after the job was complete.
None of this pay up front, or progress.
One payment when I was satisfied and I paid the day after completion

Rubbish.

Left rubbish on site, smashed tiles on the roof, they threw them off and they’ve smashed all through our gardens and down into our paddocks (even smashed our outdoor stairs).

They left drink bottles and rubbish on our roof. I had to pick up their lunch from our yard, Mother Energy cans, sandwich bags etc.

I asked for a $200 discount to hire a cleaner (the cleaners quote to remove the rubbish was just more expensive) and they refused to discount the bill. It was so disgusting how they left our property. They couldn’t even take the cardboard boxes and electrical cords away. They left everything spread out in out paddock.

Arise Very Impressive

Arise Solar the whole dealings with Arise were done on a professional and informative basis from the moment I started speaking with them months before my actual move to new premises, I was quoted that it would be some time like 6 to 8 weeks before the installation, but I was very surprised when a call came through we had the full install done well ahead of the original promised time within 2 weeks of my move to new premises. The installer and his crew arrived on time and completed the job within the one day. Most impressive the installer explained in layman's terms how the system works. Could not speak highly enough of the positive experience during the whole process. Keep up the good work, I would and have already recommended Arise to others.

I believe they are a fraud company.

I had a solar system at my property but it was old and they offered us to use government rebate and put new solar one with high results. We consulted with them about our property and all bills payment he offer it 9.9kw and guaranteed no more bills, we should pay it if we change to new one. We bought it, it took awhile to install it, then it wasn’t working probably took 1 month to finish everything. We received twice bill even wasn’t huge difference when I called them to complain about it they passed me every day and week to other people in the company.

Finally they send installer in my property, he is good man, he explained that solar same as my previous one exactly not different just new model and shouldn’t work as 9.9kw and not gonna happen. They just charged us $11000 to provide 9.9kw but this system only work as 5.5kw. They should provide 6.5 one to me but just wants to took more money sold it this and not working.

It’s a shame

When we first turned on the solar we were happy with the service 12 months later when it broke that’s when it all went to s**t. February 26 was the last day we generated electricity this was the day the inverter broke after weeks of back-and-forth on the phone Arise solar finally agreed to replace the Inverter Which arrived on 12 March by TNT . Here we are on the 19 April Inverter still sitting in box

Terrible company to deal with

Ordered my system at the beginning of 2021 and was assured that the installation would be completed by the 1st week of March. It's now the 1st week of April and still no installation booked. When I call Arise solar they say they will investigate and get straight back to me... they never do. The best example of their incompetence is that I was told the reason my installation has been delayed is due to the 3 day lockdown in Brisbane at the end of March. I asked the call centre person to explain how a 3 day lockdown at the end of March could be responsible for delaying and installation at the beginning of March. He couldn't explain this and immediately transferred my call to a deadline. Do not use these people as they don't deserve or appreciate your business.

Don't use this Arise Solar company - they will rip you off

Don't use this company - Phoned for a quote about 5 months ago. Company came out and gave a quote, they took a $100 deposit and we have never seen this Arise Solar company since.
I phoned them up today 24/3 and spoke with someone who informed me that our roof was too steep to put solar panels on.
I said to them that our old house had a very steep roof and if they were looking on Google maps that site is way out of date. (We have had a house rebuild in the past 12 months)
The guy was quite ignorant and refused to put on the higher-ups, stated that they were on leave.
He refused to give us back our deposit even though they came out to our house and gave us the quote.
Terrible company with absolutely no morals. DON'T use this company, tell your friends, write it up on FACEBOOK, this company will rip you off.
If you can afford to throw your money away and never see it again by all means this is the company to use.
There business dealings are of very low to non existent.
Would not listen to me at all when I was trying to explain to him that Google Maps is way out of date and should not be used, system won't allow me to give one star although if I had my way they would get a minus 5 star rating.

Unsure why this company would stoop to using Google Maps when they came out to our house in person and gave us the quote and took our deposit. Give us back our deposit.

Arise review

Hi Finn,

I ended up getting a heap of quotes and went with an 8.1kw enphase system with arise solar. The solar quotes providers provided great advice and were excellent to deal with. My decision to go with arise was based on deciding upon provision of an enphase system at a good price. The install hasn't been completed so I can't comment on anything other than the quote process.

I couldn't give less than 1 star

Very quick to get the sale, then nothing!
I have cancelled the contract in mid February after placing the order in November.
There is a total lack of communication on their behalf and chasing them for information is a waste of time and effort.
Has to be the some of the worst service ever! I hate to think what after sales would be like.

Unreliable - Not Recommended

Very unhappy with the experience we had with Arise Solar. Will not recommend to anyone!
Signed an agreement more than 12 weeks ago. Were told to expect the installation in about 4 weeks and that hasn't arrived yet!
Already emailed and called multiple times with false promises of a call back in 10 min which obviously never happens!
Recently noticed that they have already started taking fortnightly charges (instalments) from our bank account prior to having the solar system installed!
No Customer Service whatsoever

has not even been installed yet ----- 15dec to now nothing at all as far as contact goes

crap ------ paid dep and have not heard a word since until I rang them on the 5th feb ----- no installation as yet ---- nearly 3 months would not recommend this company for any reason sorry

Ticked all the boxes.

How was the sales/quoting process? Really good. Learnt a lot!
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Very good, on time, good blokes, i asked a lot of questions and they were happy to answer.
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Brilliant.

Do not book with Arise Solar

2 contractors arrived at my door to install our solar panels, then advised us that they needed a scissor lift to reach my roof which is a two story duplex and would cost $700. I booked my solar and never once returned my calls and I called her 4 times.

How can a company not come on site and just do a visual of your home via google maps, then tells me that the ladder will not reach the roof.

Terrible service and dodgy contractors, I would strongly recommend NOT to use this company.

Still no solar panels and just want my deposit back because if something goes wrong imagine getting these people back to fix it when they can't even install them to begin with...

On time great sales and after sales service

All went well and connected to the grid no problems at all and we have orders a second Arise System for our holiday home.

9.9kw Suntech panels with Growatt 10kw 3 phase inverter.

Sales process at the start was great. Received a good quote at a good price. Mid range quality.
Installation staff were excellent. Very polite. Clean and tidy. Kept me informed of any changes.

Solar installation

It was important to me to have someone visit my home to discuss installing solar. After many questions, we went ahead with a bigger 10kw system. We were able to compare quotes and question the sales person about many aspects
Installation was delayed for two days due to rain, however it was very quick on the day. It took about six hours to complete and was done very professionally
I am still waiting on the grid connection and have been told that it will happen within the next 15 working days

Balance between price and quality

Arise were at a good price point and had good panels and inverter options.
Installation is still being booked due to the Christmas and weather delays

Stopped working after 12 months

Our system installation went well however after 12 months the Inverter stopped performing. The support was terrible and instead of sending someone out to fix it under the 5 year warranty, we were emailed a 24 page instruction manual on how to fix ourselves. Absolutely poor after care service, however our Sales person John has done all he can to assist even though this is no longer a matter for him. Definitely wouldn't recommend Arise Solar going forward.

Worst customer service ever!

It started of so great and promising. Everyone was so helpful even to make a call to you late at night well outside business hours. Once your name was signed on the dotted line you were ghosted. Months later well past original instal date theyr arrive and doesn’t have the parts to installl the panels so asks to store the panels at the house and they will reschedule. Over a month goes past before they come back and has the same issue had last time. Something isn’t the right size but when they had a proper look discovered that the part they had which they had last time will actually work and they instal the system.

Installed on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HOUSE!!!! I have half of my panels facing south west and not on the north east side like quoted to me. Been treated like an idiot being convinced that it is the best place for the panels. But when you get into the roof and look past the damage trusses they’ve accidentally kicked loose and see the wiring which is just strung conveniently for them on the shortest line to the meter box you see quickly that it’s not benefiting you it’s minimising materials used to help their back pocket.

Have spoken to multiple people and sent many emails and I get the same response. We will sort that out, please pay now.

Cheapest is NOT always best people. Save yourself the hassle and spend that little bit more.

Lacking Credibility

I made the mistake of handing over a $300 deposit to install a Q-Cell System with Fronius Inverter in June 2020. From the outset the documentation system specs being emailed to me were incorrect quoting an older Q-Cell. After a number of calls and emails I was given assurances that the system that was to be installed was the system I paid the deposit for. Once this issue was resolved and after more time on the phone I was given a date for the install. The date came and went. I again made more calls and was told that the courier delivering the system had lost the system and that they were investigating. A courier delivering panels was never explained in any documentation. After more calls I was provided with another date for installation. The date came and went, surprise!! I made more calls and was advised that the installer had fallen sick. I asked when he would be available for the install, Arise responded with 2 weeks, a well planned sickness I thought. After this date came and went I finally called it requesting a refund of my deposit. It is the 1st of December 2020 today and after lots more phone calls my refund landed in my account, yay!! I understand this has been a tough year for everyone including many businesses, but the world will turn and we will all move on to better times. From my perspective and experience Arise Solar as a business has little to no integrity in the tank. If there are delays, just be honest, people don’t need to hear time wasting stories, just the facts and we will make the decision. I’m sure your installers do an adequate job, but your communication is atrocious. Hope everyone has a great Xmas, stay safe, hopefully I’ll try again next year. Cheers

Worst service

Paid for installation but solar was never connected. Now i have to pay again for another person to come connect and the extent of arise solar help was sending me a telephone nr. They are quick to take money but not to do the job they are paid for. It pains me to even give them one star if minus stars was an option i would give them minus 10

Poor Customer Service - After Install Issues

The quote and installation was fine, but now there is an issue with the circuit breaker tripping on a bright sunny day, its been months and poor or no communication from them, when they do bother to communicate they keep blaming the installer, well that's not my issue!, it is theirs. Not happy with the after sales service, I have paid for a system that doesn't work on a sunny day!!!!!!!!! BEWARE.

Professional and prompt

Arise Solar were very easy to deal with. Professional and extremely prompt service. I called on Monday and their installed my solar on Friday. The installation was very quick and very clean The young men were courteous and considerate of my house and also the noise. It only took then a few hours and my solar was up and working. I was very surprised and extremely happy with the service from start to finish.

Poor customer service and refusal to repair damage

Initial process of sign up quick and easy . However after install it’s become a nightmare. A leaking roof . That has been advised has been fixed , funny how we are home worked and no body has been around to do. 5 different conversations later , still not fixed .
System 6.6 kw will not put out more than 4 kw. Advised by arise that This is normal , however all other operators tell us it should be around 5kw. Have requested the system be checked as it would appear possibly 3 panels are not generating at all hence only 4 kw. Company has refused . Now off to the ombudsman. Enough is enough tired of taking up my time to fix an organisation’s problem. Disgusted with the customer service.

Very helpful and friendly staff and a good solar system

I have recently installed solar system through AriseSolar at my house. Arise solar consultants were very helpful and friendly. Their quick response and prompt actions were commendable. As like any other trades, there was some delays in installation, however, they were addressed immediately and brought all under control.
I would not hesitate to recommend AriseSolar to anyone who is considering a solar systems to their property.

Prompt and affordable.

Everything went well to plan. I varied the contract so payment was upon full completion, therefore paid when Energy supplier installed smart meter.
I went for a more expensive Inverter than was originally offered and stayed with their recommendation of solar cells. Although the cells were a cheaper version they were still recommended by Solar Quotes.
Only took 1 day to install on roof and connected to the grid. Tradesmen were very professional on the day. They did break one roof tile but had previously asked if any were available (I had some spare) and promptly replaced the tile. The company organised the paperwork Smart meter installation which occurred approximately 10 days later.
The only issue was getting the information onto my phone which their on line service organised.

Water Damage Arise Solar

Arise solar damaged roof tiles which led to a water leak, the gyyprock is water damaged in my 2 years old bedroom and they are refusing to repair it. Do not use Arise Solar i cannot stress this enough! Use someone that has some form of customer service..

Steer well and truly clear of the cowboys

I had read reviews and disagreed to signing up but the husband did it anyway. Had solar installed on a fine day, next day it was raining roof is leaking, tiles are cracked and tiles left down where panels were installed. Now we have water damaged gyprock in my 3yr old sons bedroom. They are rude and arrogant. They are refusing to fix it. Absolute disgrace of a company!

Provided good service and negotiated price

Initially a little pushy but negotiated to an agreeable product and then service was all good. Punctual informative helpful. Installer worked well tidy polite.

No complaints. System so fast so good.

Forget customer service

Everything was fine until I changed my mind. Forget customer service then. Nearly a month gone and still getting delays for the refund.Please provide proof of payment.Please wait twelve working days. Please wait two days for us to transfer.
I would not deal with them in a fit or recommend them. How many old pensioners would just give up and lose their deposits.

Profession installation, by professional installers.Our Solar System is excellent.arise making the change to Solar so easy.

Quoting was excellent, the installation was so good, words fail us. Tidy, Polite, informative tradesman. They cleaned up after the installation was complete, leaving our home tidy.

The grid connection was done before installation and we were informed of every step.We cannot thank you enough for making our change to solar power so easy.

good service, fair price and good installation and. very nice installer. thanks for service

Damaged tiles and leaking roof

Hi There,
Recently contractors from Arise Solar in stored our panels . Ever since we have had Electricity shortages cutting our power off. A contractor just turned up to our property without ringing nor speaking to us had a look noticed the wiring was not correctly done. Problem is still not fixed. Told my Husband to give him $100 cash my husband refused. In the end the contractor told him it was our safety switch that needed replacing, no problems before insulation with power.
Still power cutting out not really getting our monies worth.

Now our roof is leaking due to broken tiles and roof lifting on valley and damaged to our insulation in our roof and crack in bathroom water leaking from .

Prior to work, our roof didn’t leak no broken tiles and no hole in bathroom roof where it drips .
Tradesman visited my premises on the 12/8/20 had a look on our roof and will not take any responsibility on the damage tiles and leaking.

I’m very disappointed on how we have been treated as a customer.
Now we will have to pay for the damages ourselves and be out off pocket.

Anyone looking at getting Solar Panels please research companies and ask tradesman for certified certificates .
Arise Solar is suppose to be Australian owed.
Not very Australian when customers are paying for damages .

Kind Regards
Leanne kent

Good Value

Sales was straight but there was multiple followup calls, which is expected. Technical decisions were made on the day of install, installation was friendly and on time

A smooth process

The sales process was good, all my questions were answered and I was confident what the process would be. The installation went really well, they were very punctual and tidyed up afterwards.

Steer clear save money and time

Solar installed quickly but after giving them access to inverter to check for faults they said system was working fine even though it wouldn’t put out more then 3kw(5.4kw system) so it was running at 58% efficiency. After 9 months of fighting I had a 3rd party fault find and repair installation. It appears that they wired 6 panels reverse polarity and hadn’t set the inverter grid voltage correctly so system dropped out constantly and wouldn’t perform on one of the arrays. 3rd party electrician gave me a report and it’s been a nightmare trying to recover costs the service team go in circles and get quite heated when I keep demanding to talk to supervisor. Learn from me or hold deposit until system is fixed this is the only thing that saved me on repairs.

Arise solar

This company is very quick. Under a week from online quote to installation. Roger at arise solar is very knowledgeable and helpful. Our system was very affordable but it has been cloudy and raining since installation so we don't know of our power savings yet.
The process through out was easy. I will be happy to recommend Arise Solar
The entire process of initial quoting and installation went very smooth. The staff and are very respectful and helpful. The customer service was also excellent!!

Very quick service and very easy to deal with . Scott was very helpful

Very quick service and very easy to deal with . Scott was very helpful

Project number

The process from start to finish has been very easy, all the staff i dealt with have been fantastic and a pleasure to liase with. Fiona from sales getting us a great deal, Stuart working into our schedule for installation. Adam for installing was a pleasure to have install our solar.
Also krina from accounts was very through and Richard for his follow up after care contact. Happy to recommend Arise solar to all.

Happy with Arise

Happy to recomend Arise.
We purchased a 6.6kw system with Suntec 330 and Fronius panels.
Greg on 0721024206 and extn 206 was helpful.
Installer was great.
Adelaide

Arise Solar Service and Installation

I found Arise solar very responsive and professional to deal with. It took a little while for them to install after signing up but once on site they were fast and efficient. A few tiles were broken in the installation but that is to be expected and they were replace very professionally. The workmanship seems very good and the 6.7 KW system is working a treat. The only area where the process fell down a little bit was when trying to ensure the installer and power provider were communicating to each other to get the smart meter installed so I could commence using the solar system. That took over a month after the installation which a bit disappointing and I had to chase it up repeatedly. However, if you are prepared to invest some time to keep things on track I would highly recommend Arise Solar and they are also very competitive on price.
I would rate them 8/10.

Great service and friendly staff

Have had a great experience with dealing with Jeff Matthews, very prompt service and a good deal with the solar

Great service and friendly

I highly recommend AriseSolar. I was able to have solar installed at my house as well as my investment properties that were located in other states and only had to use one provider. Jeff Matthews from AriseSolar was able to coordinate this project without a hitch. I found him to be friendly and very patient whilst he was explaining how solar saves me money. Additionally, I was overwhelmed with his follow ups in regards keeping me in the loop for installation to the 5 different sites. Mr Matthews was highly efficient in the planning of the installation of solar in 3 different states at 5 different locations. Mr Matthews was able to provide a good price as he grouped my investments with my house to assist in keeping the cost down.

Happy customer

Steve from Arise was extremely helpful and patient with all my queries which I’m glad to be dealing with him. I will be recommending Steve and Arise to my families and friends for the solar installation.

Over seas customer service

Budget Friendly.

Quick to quote and no epic saleman trash.

Connected to the grid.

Hard to understand some of the staff. Bad experience with Installation. They were pushy and quite rude I felt.

I would still recommend if you can get passed communication barriers, and are happy knowing you're not dealing with people who speak fluent Australian.

Excellent and reliable

Very prompt service and nothing was a problem to solve.