Arise Solar

Arise Solar Reviews

Arise Solar is a major solar retailer headquartered in Adelaide, but provides systems across much of Australia utilising its large network of installers. As well as an office in South Australia, Arise Solar has offices in New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria.

According to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the company was registered in 2014 and was previously known as Aharmish Pty. Ltd. The Arise Solar business name wasn't registered until 2017.

The company advertises quite widely online and has joined a couple of other firms in using Australian sports stars to help sell solar power systems.

You'll see below that Arise Solar reviews submitted to SolarQuotes by customers with a system installed through the company have been rather mixed in relation to ratings and feedback on installation and general quality of service.

Reviewers report paying: $3,879 - $4,589 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Arise Solar Reviews (152)

3.5/5

3.5/5

3.3/5

3.1/5

A great system at a good price

Quoting process was easy, getting what we wanted was a bit of a process but it was worth the effort.
The installation went very well with a good team of guys.
Customer service was good with the installation and organising the grid connection, there was a bit of a lack of information with setting up the Solar APP.

Solar mackay

Too early still getting installed waiting on final approval asked to wait for paperwork finish in 5 to 6 weeks

Not completed system

Although they are very helpful while they are selling you a system as soon as the panels are on the roof they demand payment. I paid and now they won’t finish the job
in order to connect to the grid the installer was suppose to leave fuses to connect the smart meters I have been arguing with arise solar to fix this problem so the power company can finish the installation
so much for selling excess power to the grid

Absolutely Perfect Install Start to Finish

Install done Central Coast NSW May 2022…Victor was our sales person he was very fast in responding with several quotes and extremely helpful… Once we accepted the quote for a Solis 10kw Inverter with Jinko 440w panels equivalent to 13.2kw Kurt from Arise was then assigned to manage our install date.. We were advised that the install date would be 2 weeks and given a firm date. Greg Moore and his team were our installation crew assigned to our job, Greg called me 2 days before the given date to ask if he could start the job a day early which was fine with me. Greg and his guys arrived 7.30am as advised and quietly and politely knocked on the door, we spoke about the job at hand and Greg explained what we were to expect during the install including time frame etc. From the get go I felt comfortable and confident that he was a professional. Over the coming days of install we were hit hard with rain, Greg and his guys spent several days of the install waiting for hours for a break in the weather where they could safely get back up on the roof, they stayed until late every afternoon and only on the days where the rain was constant and seemingly would be no break in the weather did they leave the job early. They did everything possible within the limits of the very poor weather conditions. These guys did not leave one scrap of mess not a wire a screw or anything at all, they removed the pallets from the solar panel delivery and all cardboard and strapping etc Greg and the team did not rush and every part of our job was done professionally with great care taken at every point of the job. Greg’s installation of the inverter to the side of the house is perfect, the wiring and cabling is just clean tidy and professional and the alignment of all roof panels perfect, these guys even painted the visible condute between the panels in same colour as our roof tiles which is just above and beyond expectations. I am so happy with Arise and Greg I cannot recommend them highly enough, seriously I was concerned because of so many reviews and stories of dodgy Solar companies out there but I certainly made the right choice. If you are on the Central Coast and go with Arise ask your sales guy or install manager for Greg to do the install. Greg even come out a few days after the job to help me get the inverter app up and running so we can keep an eye on daily production.. So far this system in the last week of May producing on a rainy day about 30kw and on the last couple of sunny days 48kw so I reckon come summer we might nudge 70 or more.. Thanks Victor, Kurt and of course Greg and his team for a perfectly professional job from start to finish.

Original Review on 18-09-2021:

Very happy with whole process from start to finish and just got my first power account since install $7

All went well from site inspection to installation to connection Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the results have out weighed our expectations and we could not be more happier

Have only now signed the contract with Arise Solar.

My system has not been installed as yet. Ended up with 5 quotes. All quotes were for the exact same brand and components so could compare like for like. Most suppliers offered the save service so it came down to price and repertation of the seller.

Experience doesn't even rate 1 star - with my dealings with Arise Solar

7 weeks ago Arise Solar came to install the Solar System - they advised that the Inverter that he had brought with him to install was faulty and would order a new one on the day and be back in 2 weeks to install and complete the full installation to the meter box.

The Contractor has never returned, my local Electricity Company has confirmed that there is no connection to my meter box from the Solar System.

I have contacted Arise Solar 7 times by phone and am advised each time that someone will call me back after they have contacted the Contractor. Nobody has contacted me.

As per the signed contract with Arise Solar I have paid in full and have Solar Panel on my roof but nothing else.
Their customer service is poor and their follow-up is non-existent - I would not recommend this company at all.

The long wait

Currently being jerked around by arise solar. Paid deposit and the intended system look OK on paper - just not being installed after 20 weeks :( I have repeatedly had to contact them to get a run-a-round for install date.

After 20 weeks I have my install date (today) and not surprisingly they have an emergency and no installation. New date - another 2weeks from now.... perhaps.

Very disappointed since during the initial conversations they PROMISED an installation within 8 weeks. Today they promised installation within 2 weeks. Ha.

Working well

Scout hall install went well - installer was happy to change panel layout as avoid trees

Tilt frames / panels well secured

We wanted to run cable inside the hall to meter but would have added 20 meters extra cable / extra time so installed ran in conduit on flat roof

Pumping out 5.5Kw

All depends on the installer who comes - mine was great

Really bad all round.

Sales person ok.
Installers no good, the day they came changed the layout for the panels. In a hurry to complete the job. They didn’t do it correctly. Eventually arise agreed for another installer to fix it.
Still Having issues as with 2 x 6.6kw systems and 33 panels still paying around $400 quarter.
Was a mission to get them out to fix the first time.
Had independent person look at the system said should be getting credits not paying !
Inverters and panels cheap and were inefficient and inferior products .
No response from them when sent in a request to have efficiency checked. Feel sick we wasted $7500 on a **** system.

Worst Solar Installers ever seen...

I own several houses in Sydney and Gold Coast. Every house I own has Solar Panels installed.

I called Arise Solar Solar to install 10KW system on recently purchased property in Gold Coast.

They did not finish the work. The people are very rude. No manner to the customer. Crap Service/Management. They do not understand how customer felt about their rude and bad installer's work. Yet, still eager to collect the remaining balance on unfinished work.

After the complaints, Arise Solar sent 3rd Party Solar Installer who confirmed the poor workmanship.

Extra costs

Just wondering if it's common practice and if it's happened to others that after signing a contract for your customers to receive a phone call saying that you are having troubles with the promised inverter so must upgrade to a more expensive inverter and then later on receive another phone call saying that their meter box must be upgraded at an extra cost of up to $2k?

Arise solar delivered as planned.

Installation was on time and very professional, sales team were great to deal with. Arise Solar organised grid connection after the install.

New solar

Arise quoting was very prompt and efficient .
Installation was on time and done in a tidy and professional manner.
Arise customer service was a little wanting as they did not give us much information. A tiny booklet and no feedback . I tried to call the actual phase 3 installer to ask questions but he did not return my calls or messages. We were very confused about the app connection and what to do next. We were told by our provider to turn off inverter but the installer had told us to leave it on. We were being given conflicting advice.
In regard to our toggle connection to the inverter. After calling several times we finally got onto a chap called Norris who was very helpful and talked us through our connection. We have just had our smart meter connected so we cannot comment any further at the moment.

Terrible communication

Didn't tell me until the end of the Install that we need a new electricity meter. Another 2 week wait and a cancelled holiday over that. If they'd told me earlier I would have arranged in advance or at least not booked a trip away. Also I would have known that I need work done to make my meter box compliant which will cost more money. Clearly all this needs doing but it wouldn’t hurt to let us know. Also call centre is overseas. Very hard to understand what is being said. The installer was a local subcontractor and he was pretty good. Actually cleaned up the mess at the end of the job.

Best price

Your companies didn't have best price or matched other companies quotes..

Service help

Quick installation, worked well for12 months ...inverter stopped working and I can't get any help to fix it.

Good first time customer experience

The sales process was good, sales rep understood our requirements. We had a difficult roof layout so could only fit 11 x panels on so limited to 4.1kW system. System has been installed for 10 months and hasn't miss a beat. Arise quoted 4 weeks to install, but with COVID, xmas break 2020 and increased demand for solar it took them 3 months to install which was acceptable to me in the circumstances.

Original Review on 07-02-2021:

Has not even been installed yet ----- 15dec to now nothing at all as far as contact goes

Crap ------ paid dep and have not heard a word since until I rang them on the 5th feb ----- no installation as yet ---- nearly 3 months would not recommend this company for any reason sorry Original ratings

8 months later we asked Barry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

its a scam

Original Review on 21-01-2021:

9.9kw Suntech panels with Growatt 10kw 3 phase inverter.

Sales process at the start was great. Received a good quote at a good price. Mid range quality.
Installation staff were excellent. Very polite. Clean and tidy. Kept me informed of any changes.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Solar system is great. Producing so much energy during the day. Cannot afford a battery. Federal and state gov need to give battery subsidies to all solar owners. There needs to be a greater uptake of batteries. Batteries need to be affordable. A 50% government subsidy is needed make batteries an economical proposition for solar owners.

Prompt, Efficient, Best Price and Most Accommodating.

My solar journey began in early June, 2021 when I contacted several companies for information and quotes for a solar system. Six companies responded with varying advice and very different prices were quoted. When I questioned pricing with the more expensive companies, a common thread was that, "you get what you pay for."

With further research and comparisons between the most affordable and most expensive companies, I found that the various systems (solar panels and inverter name brands) being quoted for were similar in reputation and quality by product comparison websites. I concluded that with some companies, "you don't get what you pay for" i.e similar systems for much higher prices.

In the final analysis, the choice for me was between two companies with similar pricing but the payment conditions, for me, were much more favourable with Arise Solar, i.e. I pay less and I pay after installation so I get to see my solar system in operation before payment. The System I opted for included 27 Jinko Panels (10kW) and 8kW Growatt inverter.

Throughout the research processes, I was in contact with Jordan at Arise Solar and he was very knowledgeable, patient and helpful. He provided me with all the technical information, costs and procedures I requested about solar that was relevant for my home application. Later, he also attended to various applications necessary with the electrical authorities.

On 29 June 2021, I paid $100 dollars deposit to Arise Solar and on 28 July 2021, the installers arrived and successfully completed the panels and inverter installation. The system was generating better outputs (7-8kW) than I expected for mid winter and I happily paid the $4,100 balance of costs for my solar system.

Then, just two days after installation I noticed that my system was generating less output than when first installed. I contacted the installers who promptly attended and diagnosed an inverter fault and assured me that they would replace the inverter when a replacement arrived. Here, it has to be said, sometimes these problems happen.

I remained in touch with the installers periodically over the following weeks but became frustrated at my problem being repeatedly postponed. I then called Jordan at Arise Solar about the inverter problem and the ongoing postponements. Within one hour of that phone call, an electrician was onsite with a replacement inverter. An hour, or so, after that, my solar system was back in operation at full potential.

Here, I have to acknowledge that the delays I experienced were the result of me attempting to resolve the problem directly with the installers rather than taking the matter up with the Arise Solar Team. They proved that dealing with them directly brought about a prompt resolution of my problem.

I strongly recommend to anyone considering installing a solar system to go directly to Arise Solar. With my research and subsequent experience with this company it has to be said that they have delivered everything they promised and I have no regrets.

Cheers and many thanks to the Arise Solar Team.

Original Review on 04-01-2021:

Balance between price and quality

Arise were at a good price point and had good panels and inverter options.
Installation is still being booked due to the Christmas and weather delays

8 months later we asked Reg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Solar is the way to go and is still good value

Installation was money wasted

On arrival contractor's labourer wanted to go to toilet. Was in there 30 minutes before I called him out. Contractor said he's had a bad night the night before. Installation was slow because of contractor always on phone or fooling around with his labourer. I questioned contractors diligence and the safety of his work later in the day and he said politely that he didn't care what I thought. Job installation took a day and a half to install 27 panels and 6kw inverter. My neighbor's installation with a different firm took just over half a day. Job cost me $4511. In first 12 months I got a total of $136.79 return for solar exports from the energy retailer from bills totaling $2103.11. The $4511 I paid to Arise Solar would have covered 2 years of electricity bills. Complaints to Arise Solar have largely been ignored. It sent out one technician to investigate the job and he said there were problems with the installation of the inverter which he said he rectified. Very little improvement. Am most disappointed.

Unprofessional service

I had solar installed with Arise Solar in March this year. Installation drilled all the way through to an internal wall, rather than owning up to this and resolving the problem, they have dragged my complaint about this on for over 4 months.
I still have a hole in the wall and have had many many false promises that they will do something about it.
Not one apology and still no resolution. This has to be the most unprofessional company I’ve dealt with.

Damaged gutters and no feed in to the grid

Installers damaged the gutters on my new house and system does not feed back into the grid, was told I will have to wait for the installers to be in the area to get them repainted and I have to wait for an electricity bill before they will listen about it not feeding into the grid even though agl gives daily updates of my usage

Good to deal with high quality products.

The process was easy they did everything. I looked up panels and inverter they were going to install. I didn’t like the inverter they chose. They happily installed inverter brand I wanted for $100 more. Installation quality is governed by the contractor they use. I was able to have a say in contractor used.

I would recommend them.

The most dishonest solar company.

The most dishonest solar company. Never deal with Arise they never do what they promise.

Great installation useless customer service.

Do not use the finance option. They get their money and are in absolutely no rush to do the installation... signed up in December and paid deposit, signed contract. Installation didn't take place till May but started getting billed by finance in April.

Do not let them drop other peoples panels in your driveway, even if they say they will compensate you... they won't. Even after countless phone calls and emails.

Well done Jason and his team from Arise Solar

I can only thank Jason this way , publicly but he and his team were amazing, good quoting, taking over the lodgement of documents with the the authorities, delivery on time, clean and neat trades-person on site and the accounting team looked after the payment after the job was complete.
None of this pay up front, or progress.
One payment when I was satisfied and I paid the day after completion

Rubbish.

Left rubbish on site, smashed tiles on the roof, they threw them off and they’ve smashed all through our gardens and down into our paddocks (even smashed our outdoor stairs).

They left drink bottles and rubbish on our roof. I had to pick up their lunch from our yard, Mother Energy cans, sandwich bags etc.

I asked for a $200 discount to hire a cleaner (the cleaners quote to remove the rubbish was just more expensive) and they refused to discount the bill. It was so disgusting how they left our property. They couldn’t even take the cardboard boxes and electrical cords away. They left everything spread out in out paddock.

Arise Very Impressive

Arise Solar the whole dealings with Arise were done on a professional and informative basis from the moment I started speaking with them months before my actual move to new premises, I was quoted that it would be some time like 6 to 8 weeks before the installation, but I was very surprised when a call came through we had the full install done well ahead of the original promised time within 2 weeks of my move to new premises. The installer and his crew arrived on time and completed the job within the one day. Most impressive the installer explained in layman's terms how the system works. Could not speak highly enough of the positive experience during the whole process. Keep up the good work, I would and have already recommended Arise to others.

I believe they are a fraud company.

I had a solar system at my property but it was old and they offered us to use government rebate and put new solar one with high results. We consulted with them about our property and all bills payment he offer it 9.9kw and guaranteed no more bills, we should pay it if we change to new one. We bought it, it took awhile to install it, then it wasn’t working probably took 1 month to finish everything. We received twice bill even wasn’t huge difference when I called them to complain about it they passed me every day and week to other people in the company.

Finally they send installer in my property, he is good man, he explained that solar same as my previous one exactly not different just new model and shouldn’t work as 9.9kw and not gonna happen. They just charged us $11000 to provide 9.9kw but this system only work as 5.5kw. They should provide 6.5 one to me but just wants to took more money sold it this and not working.

It’s a shame

When we first turned on the solar we were happy with the service 12 months later when it broke that’s when it all went to s**t. February 26 was the last day we generated electricity this was the day the inverter broke after weeks of back-and-forth on the phone Arise solar finally agreed to replace the Inverter Which arrived on 12 March by TNT . Here we are on the 19 April Inverter still sitting in box

Terrible company to deal with

Ordered my system at the beginning of 2021 and was assured that the installation would be completed by the 1st week of March. It's now the 1st week of April and still no installation booked. When I call Arise solar they say they will investigate and get straight back to me... they never do. The best example of their incompetence is that I was told the reason my installation has been delayed is due to the 3 day lockdown in Brisbane at the end of March. I asked the call centre person to explain how a 3 day lockdown at the end of March could be responsible for delaying and installation at the beginning of March. He couldn't explain this and immediately transferred my call to a deadline. Do not use these people as they don't deserve or appreciate your business.

Don't use this Arise Solar company - they will rip you off

Don't use this company - Phoned for a quote about 5 months ago. Company came out and gave a quote, they took a $100 deposit and we have never seen this Arise Solar company since.
I phoned them up today 24/3 and spoke with someone who informed me that our roof was too steep to put solar panels on.
I said to them that our old house had a very steep roof and if they were looking on Google maps that site is way out of date. (We have had a house rebuild in the past 12 months)
The guy was quite ignorant and refused to put on the higher-ups, stated that they were on leave.
He refused to give us back our deposit even though they came out to our house and gave us the quote.
Terrible company with absolutely no morals. DON'T use this company, tell your friends, write it up on FACEBOOK, this company will rip you off.
If you can afford to throw your money away and never see it again by all means this is the company to use.
There business dealings are of very low to non existent.
Would not listen to me at all when I was trying to explain to him that Google Maps is way out of date and should not be used, system won't allow me to give one star although if I had my way they would get a minus 5 star rating.

Unsure why this company would stoop to using Google Maps when they came out to our house in person and gave us the quote and took our deposit. Give us back our deposit.

Arise review

Hi Finn,

I ended up getting a heap of quotes and went with an 8.1kw enphase system with arise solar. The solar quotes providers provided great advice and were excellent to deal with. My decision to go with arise was based on deciding upon provision of an enphase system at a good price. The install hasn't been completed so I can't comment on anything other than the quote process.

I couldn't give less than 1 star

Very quick to get the sale, then nothing!
I have cancelled the contract in mid February after placing the order in November.
There is a total lack of communication on their behalf and chasing them for information is a waste of time and effort.
Has to be the some of the worst service ever! I hate to think what after sales would be like.

Unreliable - Not Recommended

Very unhappy with the experience we had with Arise Solar. Will not recommend to anyone!
Signed an agreement more than 12 weeks ago. Were told to expect the installation in about 4 weeks and that hasn't arrived yet!
Already emailed and called multiple times with false promises of a call back in 10 min which obviously never happens!
Recently noticed that they have already started taking fortnightly charges (instalments) from our bank account prior to having the solar system installed!
No Customer Service whatsoever

Ticked all the boxes.

How was the sales/quoting process? Really good. Learnt a lot!
How did the installation go? Polite? Tidy? Punctual? Very good, on time, good blokes, i asked a lot of questions and they were happy to answer.
How was the customer service? e.g. did they help organise the grid connection after the install? Brilliant.

Do not book with Arise Solar

2 contractors arrived at my door to install our solar panels, then advised us that they needed a scissor lift to reach my roof which is a two story duplex and would cost $700. I booked my solar and never once returned my calls and I called her 4 times.

How can a company not come on site and just do a visual of your home via google maps, then tells me that the ladder will not reach the roof.

Terrible service and dodgy contractors, I would strongly recommend NOT to use this company.

Still no solar panels and just want my deposit back because if something goes wrong imagine getting these people back to fix it when they can't even install them to begin with...

On time great sales and after sales service

All went well and connected to the grid no problems at all and we have orders a second Arise System for our holiday home.

Solar installation

It was important to me to have someone visit my home to discuss installing solar. After many questions, we went ahead with a bigger 10kw system. We were able to compare quotes and question the sales person about many aspects
Installation was delayed for two days due to rain, however it was very quick on the day. It took about six hours to complete and was done very professionally
I am still waiting on the grid connection and have been told that it will happen within the next 15 working days

Stopped working after 12 months

Our system installation went well however after 12 months the Inverter stopped performing. The support was terrible and instead of sending someone out to fix it under the 5 year warranty, we were emailed a 24 page instruction manual on how to fix ourselves. Absolutely poor after care service, however our Sales person John has done all he can to assist even though this is no longer a matter for him. Definitely wouldn't recommend Arise Solar going forward.

Worst customer service ever!

It started of so great and promising. Everyone was so helpful even to make a call to you late at night well outside business hours. Once your name was signed on the dotted line you were ghosted. Months later well past original instal date theyr arrive and doesn’t have the parts to installl the panels so asks to store the panels at the house and they will reschedule. Over a month goes past before they come back and has the same issue had last time. Something isn’t the right size but when they had a proper look discovered that the part they had which they had last time will actually work and they instal the system.

Installed on the WRONG SIDE OF THE HOUSE!!!! I have half of my panels facing south west and not on the north east side like quoted to me. Been treated like an idiot being convinced that it is the best place for the panels. But when you get into the roof and look past the damage trusses they’ve accidentally kicked loose and see the wiring which is just strung conveniently for them on the shortest line to the meter box you see quickly that it’s not benefiting you it’s minimising materials used to help their back pocket.

Have spoken to multiple people and sent many emails and I get the same response. We will sort that out, please pay now.

Cheapest is NOT always best people. Save yourself the hassle and spend that little bit more.

Lacking Credibility

I made the mistake of handing over a $300 deposit to install a Q-Cell System with Fronius Inverter in June 2020. From the outset the documentation system specs being emailed to me were incorrect quoting an older Q-Cell. After a number of calls and emails I was given assurances that the system that was to be installed was the system I paid the deposit for. Once this issue was resolved and after more time on the phone I was given a date for the install. The date came and went. I again made more calls and was told that the courier delivering the system had lost the system and that they were investigating. A courier delivering panels was never explained in any documentation. After more calls I was provided with another date for installation. The date came and went, surprise!! I made more calls and was advised that the installer had fallen sick. I asked when he would be available for the install, Arise responded with 2 weeks, a well planned sickness I thought. After this date came and went I finally called it requesting a refund of my deposit. It is the 1st of December 2020 today and after lots more phone calls my refund landed in my account, yay!! I understand this has been a tough year for everyone including many businesses, but the world will turn and we will all move on to better times. From my perspective and experience Arise Solar as a business has little to no integrity in the tank. If there are delays, just be honest, people don’t need to hear time wasting stories, just the facts and we will make the decision. I’m sure your installers do an adequate job, but your communication is atrocious. Hope everyone has a great Xmas, stay safe, hopefully I’ll try again next year. Cheers

Worst service

Paid for installation but solar was never connected. Now i have to pay again for another person to come connect and the extent of arise solar help was sending me a telephone nr. They are quick to take money but not to do the job they are paid for. It pains me to even give them one star if minus stars was an option i would give them minus 10

Poor Customer Service - After Install Issues

The quote and installation was fine, but now there is an issue with the circuit breaker tripping on a bright sunny day, its been months and poor or no communication from them, when they do bother to communicate they keep blaming the installer, well that's not my issue!, it is theirs. Not happy with the after sales service, I have paid for a system that doesn't work on a sunny day!!!!!!!!! BEWARE.

Professional and prompt

Arise Solar were very easy to deal with. Professional and extremely prompt service. I called on Monday and their installed my solar on Friday. The installation was very quick and very clean The young men were courteous and considerate of my house and also the noise. It only took then a few hours and my solar was up and working. I was very surprised and extremely happy with the service from start to finish.

Poor customer service and refusal to repair damage

Initial process of sign up quick and easy . However after install it’s become a nightmare. A leaking roof . That has been advised has been fixed , funny how we are home worked and no body has been around to do. 5 different conversations later , still not fixed .
System 6.6 kw will not put out more than 4 kw. Advised by arise that This is normal , however all other operators tell us it should be around 5kw. Have requested the system be checked as it would appear possibly 3 panels are not generating at all hence only 4 kw. Company has refused . Now off to the ombudsman. Enough is enough tired of taking up my time to fix an organisation’s problem. Disgusted with the customer service.