Cola Solar

Cola Solar Reviews

4.4

Based on 241 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Cola Solar is a two-generation family owned and operated business based out of Bendigo, Victoria. Our goal is to offer affordable renewable energy solutions, delivered with certified professional service, and the warm welcoming customer service you expect from a family business.

Cola Solar services homes and businesses throughout Victoria.

Cola Solar are happy to work with you from design to installation in order to tailor make a renewable energy plan which best suits your budget and energy needs.

Benefits of Cola Solar

Family owned local business

Operating for over nine years

Over 4,000 installs

Specialising in residential and commercial solar

High-quality products

Professional service

We use CEC accredited installers

Multiple finance options

Comply with the Victorian Government rebate criteria

Maintenance and panel cleaning available

High Profile Installations

32kW Bradie’s Tavern

170kW Bendigo Council

319kW Macedon Shire Ranges Council

And many more!

Connect with us on social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/colasolar

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/colasolartv

Newsletter: https://us15.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=d2ae0d5856da8eaf950481642&id=06333b5ddd

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cola_solar

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Cola Solar Reviews (241)

10kW

Inverter Brand

System bought but not installed yet.

Planner was very good and only one to come on a site visit. I'll do a full review when it is completed
Hide Adrian's Comment

7kW

Enphase

Loving our system

Could not fault this company.
From the office to the installers, absolute dream team. We weren’t a normal installation at all. Definitely required them to think outside the box and they delivered and persevered with absolute professionalism.
So happy we went with the Tesla battery. Get a great kick out of checking the app throughout the day!
Highly recommend

Hide Nardenne's Comment

Just wonderful

The second time we have used cola solar. From the initial contact to the faultless installation their staff ,knowledge , punctuality, coordination, professionalism, prompt relies, everything was outstanding. We would have no hesitation in recommending this firm to anyone
Hide Judi and Gary's Comment

13kW

SMA

Excellent, supportive service.

The sales and quoting process was straightforward and clear. They were of great assistance in helping me to apply for the State government rebate - of more help than Solar Victoria was, I have to say. However, I remain gratefull to the State government for providing the financial assistance.

The installation was timely and efficient. The installers were helpful and provided assistance to download the Tesla app onto my phone and register the product.

I had occasion to have contact with Cola Solar on numerous occasions and customer service could not be faulted. Assistance was always quickly available and I was always contacted in a timely manner if my questions could not be answered immediately.

The system is running smoothly, and although I would might like to find a negative or two to this positive review in order to provide some balance, I cannot fault the service I received from Cola Solar from start to finish.
Hide Lawrie's Comment

Always go Local

We sought out several local companies in respect to quotes for solar panels on our residential home. I was so surprised to find that two other businesses did not even bother to return calls when they said they would.
In the first instance, Cola Solar of Bendigo spoke to my husband, sent out an information pack via email, including a Google picture of our home with the panels superimposed so as to show how the installation would look.
The initial quote was what we expected to pay however closer to installation and without any input from us, Cola Solar made enquiries on our behalf and later advised that we actually qualified for 'Small Scale Technology Certificates' which reduced the cost of the installation for us significantly.
On the 29DEC20, Jonathan BEATTIE and his crew of young men attended at 0700hrs. It was obvious that they enjoy their job and working together as a team, which for me equates to a professional outfit employed by Cola Solar. The installation took just over half a day and once completed, Jonathan took the time to explain the process including the attendance of the Inspector prior to the unit being switched on.
It is not often that I make comment about services provided by companies however on this occasion, I sent an email to Cola Solar to thank them for their efforts, even before I became aware of this feedback page.
Hide Kylie's Comment

All good

Good to deal with and system seems to be working very well. Can’t wait to receive my power bill
Hide Kerry's Comment

ABB

Inverter Brand

A very neat and tidy installation.

The quoting process was quick and efficient.
Installation team were punctual, Job was done quickly and cleanly.
Customer service kept in touch during the process, relevant companies were contacted provide the grid connection.
Powercor completed their part on 10 Dec, still waiting for Origin to complete the job.(They have responded)
Hide Graeme's Comment

Inverter Brand

Slick install, good customer service from the installation team

Slick install, good customer service from the installation team. Installation team finished in half a day, after discussing layout and final electrician sign off
Hide Frank's Comment

Review

Everything went well good quotes good response times and good follow up.
Hide Simon's Comment

10kW

I recommend Cola Solar to anyone seeking solar power

From the very start of the process, the team at Cola Solar were great to deal with. The customer service in deciding on the best system, following up information and remaining informed of the process gave us a lot of confidence. When the day came to install, the team were fast, friendly and answered every stupid questions i didn't understand about Solar. I recommend the team at Cola Solar because i don't have a bad thing to say about the quality or service throughout the process. Thanks

Inverter Brand

Very quick install on install date (4 hours)

Men appeared everywhere and they had a quick and slick install, we're just waiting for the electrical pass to be up and running.
Hide Frank's Comment

Cost

installation excellent, communication from installers excellent,

Installers punctual, informative,System not turned on until inspected this arranged by installers.
Hide Wendy's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great service, responsive, helpful & friendly

Cola Solar are so good to work with. Everyone involved did what they said they would do, on time, happily as me helpfully. Great group of responsive and capable people
John

Inverter Brand

Cola Solar. Good to work with.

The quoting process was quick. The quoted price was very competitive, and was adhered to.
All staff members I dealt with were polite, well informed and helpful.
Cola Solar organised the grid connection. The only thing I had to do was fill out the form for the government grant. The staff at Cola Solar did everything else.
The installation was fast and efficient. The system is well located in that it is not obtrusive. The company staff did everything they said they would within their specified time.
The Inspector said that the installation was done very well.
Hide Tom's Comment

Inverter Brand

The best company we have dealt with.

Everything was clear and accurate from the first contact. All the work was done on time and very satisfactorily.
Absolutely no complaints about the whole process and the staff, both administrative and installers were polite and helpful.
Hide Jean's Comment

More than $20,000

Battery Brand

Cola Solar is highly recommended for solar and battery install

The team at Cola Solar were great to work with from start to finish. They provide a friendly, professional advice and amazing solar and battery installation.

We recieved our first electricity bill this winter and when comparing our bill for the same time last year, we seen 55% off difference in cost since we installed a battery and 6.4 kw solar setup. Very happy customer and higly recommend Cola Solar :)

Hide Brendan's Comment

Fantastic Service

Great company to deal with. Fantastic communication and service on every level. Would recommend this company. The quote was spot on and the installation process was very professional. The guys did a great job and were very punctual on the day of installation.
Hide Leslie's Comment

Great After Sales Service

These guys are fantastic, especially Alexis. I had problems with the system that was clearly a powercor issue. Cola Solar worked on my behalf for 6 months dealing with powercor. Not once did Alexis tell me to deal with powercor myself. Now I have a system that is better than I expected. The after sales service is as good as the sales service. When I add a battery to the system I will only go to Cola Solar. I have been is sales for over 45 years and you guys are the best I have ever seen.
Hide Richard's Comment

Battery Brand

5KW Solar system and Powerwall 2 installation.

Cola Solar were very easy to speak to and I was kept up to date with all aspects of both installations. The installers could not have been any more friendly or helpful. When the jobs were completed, on both occasions, I was left with no clean up to do, very tidy and neat job. All other aspects of the install were attended to by the friendly and efficient Cola Solar staff, ie, inspection, grid approval etc. If you want a professional, well done installation,I recommend you give the team at Cola Solar a phone call.
Hide Max's Comment

Great job

From beginning to end Cola Solar was helpful and efficient. Installers were polite and informative and I have no hesitation in recommending them. Their office staff were also extremely helpful, happy and courteous. Give them a go
Hide Sue's Comment

BYD

Inverter Brand

From the first phone call to the aftersales service was impeccable. They were well-informed and gave us a great system. Even after the Huawei inverter malfunctioned and could have set the house on fire, they replaced it though it was some time before they could due to having to deal with huawei first. The second inverter has been working flawlessly.
Hide Elise's Comment

Seraphim's Blade (Other)

Inverter Brand

End to end process fantastic

From our first phone call with ColarSolar to our installation everything was great. The quote process, Vic Gov acceptance response was prompt and helpful. The installation was great, the team arrived on due date at time specified and carried out the work in a very professional manner and also spent time setting up our account and app monitoring process. Would highly recommend ColarSolar.
Hide Coral's Comment

Use someone else.

Very helpful to begin with until they got the deposit. Then waited over 2 months for anybody to make contact. I eventually called them to follow up and they said the had to conduct a site visit which would take an extra month. Took a day off work so the visit could be conducted; electrician was quite nice and helpful . One month after the site visit without any contact again I contacted them and they said that it was too hard and wouldn't be doing it. Definitely use someone else
Hide Cam's Comment

Original Review on 18-04-2019:

All the people at Cola Solar were polite, courteous and very helpful. They kept us up date with the process, and we really appreciated their frequent communication and contact with us.

Follow Up Review on 30-12-2019:

Yes. Since the solar system has been exporting to the grid, we have been in credit most weeks, depending on sunshine hours!

Inverter Brand

Everything went as expected.

The whole process was very painless. Everything progressed from step to step without any problems.
Installation crew were friendly and professional.
Hide Alan's Comment

Inverter Brand

Great installer, fantastic knowledge and good after sales service. Very Helpful

Cola Solar have been great to deal with. They were actually the cheapest of the quotes received and a well known name around Bendigo. From the quote to applying for the grant from Solar Vic they were great to deal with. They kept me updated without hassling me with constant phone calls and emails after receiving the quote. They were knowledgeable about the Solar Vic process and happy to help with it.

The installation process was easy and quick and to a high standard with the inspector arriving only days later to inspect it. Had a small problem with the wifi monitoring not working but they came around on a public holiday to get it working.

Customer service has been friendly and helpful. Recommended 100%

Hide Andrew's Comment

Professional Job

My experience with the Solar Victoria Rebate Scheme involved dealing with the retailer Cola Solar in Bendigo.

I found the people at Solar Victoria to be helpful and courteous, given that I was on a steep learning curve and needed to ring back a number of times.

Before deciding to go with Cola Solar, I investigated the other retailers in Bendigo. One particularly memorable incident involved a retailer who tried apply for thirty rebates on behalf of customers and only succeeded in acquiring three by using three computers in their office. This led me to enquire with Solar Victoria about whether or not retailers should be making application for rebates on behalf of customers. I was informed that this not meant to happen, as you’re meant to make application yourself. Another retailer was still in the process of setting up a small rented factory.

I was successful in obtaining the rebate only after hitting the “retry” button around ten times (you need to be persistent).

The office staff at Cola Solar were extremely helpful. Especially given my usual method of finding new questions to ask.

For $650.00 and the twelve-month interest free lone, the Cola Solar team did an extremely professional job of installing fourteen panels, the inverter and the other electrical components. A well designed and neatly installed system was the result.

I’m now wondering how I ever managed to live without solar panels giving me free electricity and allowing me to do my bit for the environment.

Stephen Mooney
Bendigo

Hide Stephen's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Inverter Brand

Excellent and speedy install.

Sales person was courteous and knowledgeable of products requested.
Installation team arrived when scheduled and provided quality and quick works.

Customer service has been in contact via email but I am still awaiting inspection and connection to occur.
Hide Vic's Comment

Inverter Brand

The contract installer they used was brilliant. However there communication via email in responding to emails was average

Original Review on 19-11-2018:

Answered all questions promptly. Were courteous with their interactions.

Follow Up Review on 21-07-2019:

Exceeded expectations
Hide Katrina's Comment

Fanstastic installer.

Cola Solar offered a very competitive quote with high quality brands. They were very knowledgeable and professional, and this was evident throughout the whole process not just the quoting aspect. They have a very cohesive team that works well together, bringing together all the different parts of the quoting, ordering, installation and post-installation. I was kept up to date the entire time with regular emails, and when I did need to ask them questions they were informative and friendly. The panels I initially ordered were not able to be delivered but Cola Solar told me as soon as they were aware of the issue and ended up providing me the same brand panels at a higher kW for no extra cost at their own initiative. The installation itself went very smoothly with no issues at all, as did the final independent inspection. I am very happy I went through Cola Solar and highly recommend them.
Hide Corrie's Comment

Cost

On the whole Colar Solar were great, fantastic communication during the entire process. Everything was smooth and communication to me excellent.

The only grip and it's a minor one, all things considered.

The after install support did not seem to have a great deal of experience with the Fronius smart meter bolt on option that I purchased.
As I was keen to not only have information on the solar production but also on my own electrical usage (loads and production).

The Fronius system seems to be reporting that it has firmware updates pending.
This system has a admin password that is set by the installer, post install no one appears to know what this has been set to.

I appreciate that firmware updates can be risky and a bad one can render a device as a brick. But It would be an extra benefit to a client any pending updates were handled at the time of the install, rather than left to the consumer to either ignore (and never have the benefits of bug or security improvements) or update and non-technical user risk bricking their components. The admin password set on the smart meter should be supplied to the client, regardless if they ever intend to do anything with the system or not.

I shall follow this issue up directly with Fronius support.
Hide Nick's Comment

Cost

Great to do business with

Asked different people who they had used for their Solar installation and quite a few in our area suggested Cola Solar. Rang Cola Solar and after sending a few photo's (we were well out of the area to come and inspect) we settled on Cola Solar and couldn't be more pleased. The installation guys showed up on time and quickly set about doing what they do, everyone hooked in and knew what their job was without anyone clashing.

Once installation was finished, everything was explained to us and how the system should be operating and if we had any issues to contact them, which we haven't needed to do as yet.

Even when the inspector came out he pretty much explained how things should be working and what to look out for if we thought things didn't seem right was pretty much the same as Cola Solar's.

Even though the installation was part way through a electricity cycle we noticed a there was a difference on our bill and it has continued to drop.
Hide Patricia's Comment

Cost

Excellent customer service. Great communication through every step of the process.
Hide Ian's Comment

Cost

Kept informed from start to finish. Met all requirements.
Hide Trevor's Comment

1.5kW

Cost

The after-installation service I received was outstanding!
The system started cutting my power costs almost immediately, and to a significant degree.
The technical and administrative staff of Col Solar are both capable and helpful.
Apleasure to do business with this company!
Hide Mark's Comment

more than $20,000

Cost

I think it is important to get a number of quotes, speak to people at the suppliers as well as to others who have had solar installed already. Also go for components at the top of the range if you can afford it, they do have a proven track record.
Hide Christine's Comment

2/5

1.5kW

Cost

We have a house in Bendigo and a house in Melbourne. Cola Solar did both. We were very happy with the purchase and installation but getting support from them afterwards has been challenging. Immediately after the installation I tried to contact them because even in direct sunlight we were not getting anywhere near 1.5KW and also the monitor screen on the inverter was blinking. It took threats to engage consumer affairs and get a 3rd party to review their work (at Cola's expense) to get a response. Now, seven years later one of the inverters has failed - out of warranty apparently. Twice they said they'd call back and didn't. Now it's going to cost a large amount of money. Add that to the installation cost and the "savings" suddenly becomes a whole lot less significant.
Hide Robin's Comment

All good.
Thank you for recommending these solar distributors. All seemed excellent but Cola solar was a better price and very thorough.
Hide Steve's Comment

2kW

Cost

I initially installed a 2kW system in from another company who were based in Wangaratta April 2009, the quality of the system is really good and I haven't had any problems with it. Like most of the early systems it was quite expensive at $11,000. In April 2017 I added another 2kW system from Cola Solar which was a real bonus and it too is operating well.

Original Review on 22-07-2018:

Installation: N/A

Follow Up Review on 22-03-2019:

It has performed a bit above expectations. We are getting significant credits for each bill.

Cost

During the rush in late 2018 for homeowners to install solar panels and thus be able to be in a position to claim the Victorian Government Solar Panel Rebate, I engaged Colar Solar to install solar panels on my roof, however they soon ran out of 275w Risen solar panels and I was contacted and offered 285w Risen solar panels in their place and to my delight at the same quoted price. Also during the electrical inspection I was reassured by the inspector that the quality of installation by Colar Solar was of a very high standard and very neatly laid out. Another plus for the Colar Solar installation company was that although there was a big rush by homeowners to get solar panels installed and thus creating a queue of homeowners waiting to have the PV panels installed, I was contacted weekly by Colar Solar via email and kept updated in relation to how my order was progressing through the process and the likely time-frame for installation. I didn't have to chase up at any stage.
Hide Terence's Comment

Cost

We have used Cola Sola for the installation of hot water service, solar panels and Tesla battery. For each job, they have been professional, prompt and helpful. We have no hesitation in recommending Cola Solar for these types of jobs.
Hide Barry's Comment

Cost

Finding a good electric supply company has been crucial. Recently changed my plan with Momentum, and firdt bill was a credit. Very happy.
Hide Ray's Comment