Gippsland Solar

Gippsland Solar Reviews

Gippsland Solar has been in the renewable energy business for many years - its installers have more than three decades' worth of experience between them.

One point of difference between this solar power company and others is that it directs a certain percentage of its sales back into the community. Furthermore, it uses local installers wherever possible.

Gippsland Solar prides itself on only using the best quality components available, as well as providing top level customer service. Furthermore, it hopes to encourage people in the Gippsland area to become more energy efficient and lower their carbon footprints.

Battery brands previously installed

Gippsland Solar Reviews (83)

4.3/5

Original Review on 26-11-2019:

Gippsland Solar. Excellent reputation justified.

Very good quote with several options. Help and advice with rebate claim. Quick and punctual installation with companies own team. Helped to organise grid connection. Very Happy. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. There were a few issues that Gippsland Solar came back to fix but all good now. I would recommend Gippsland Solar.

Delivered as promised

Sales process was simple and effective. Systems not installed yet (house under construction) but they have connected with my builder to arrange access and related details

Kept well informed throughout the whole process

From the initial booking for a quotation to the completion of the installation we were kept informed the whole way. A few days after the Salesman visited, an easy to read detailed quote was received, then the installation date was set once the deposit was paid.
Very happy with the guys installing the system, especially with the neatness of their work in the meter box and inverter cabling.
Once installed the operation of it was well explained and the App installed on our iPad clearly illustrated how it was working.
The system has been installed for two weeks now and have been contacted today by our electricity supplier to arrange grid connection shortly.
Overall we are very happy with the whole process!

Efficient Professional and Tidy

We were very impressed in all dealings with this company.There was no stuffing around . From the initial site inspection to the actual installation they came on the days and times that they said they would. The job was completed with the minimum of fuss and the installers were polite and professional.

Apart from having to apply for the Victorian Solar Grant myself, the company handled everything else and were extremely helpful during the whole process.

I have no hesitation in recommending this company.

your total solar solution business

The whole process from initial visit to reaping the benefits was easy and painless. The quote was accurate and fair the installation was a tricky one as the solar system was placed on the shed roof approx. 60metres from the house. The system was working so well we could not use all the power it was producing and that's saying something with 2 girls in the house. The solution was to add a Tesla 2 power wall Battery and collect some of the power. Now we have power all night and all day, even in the winter. The system is so good apparently we lost power here for 7.6 hours and we didn't even notice.

Excellent service

Installation was outstanding. Paul and his work mates were thorough, most obliging and helpful in every way. The system was explained carefully and they made every endeavour to satisfy our needs. I would highly recommend them to others.
Re value for money, I find this hard to rate as I had only one other quote which was very similar

Original Review on 06-09-2018:

This company was rated top for our area, easy to contact and quick to come out and quote. Local people to work with. Original ratings

Value for money: N/A
Quality of System: N/A
Customer Service: N/A

8 months later we asked Dawn: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes!!! this system has reduced our electricity bill ,and we feel we are doing a little toward global warming reduction goal.
We had some challenges with the installation regarding panel availability, configuration and installation date. The initial installation was done by sub-contractors and when Gippsland Solar were made aware that we were not happy with the outcome they came back and re-installed the panels to our satisfaction. The admin staff were friendly and helpful throughout the process. While it took a while to get to the desired outcome, we would recommend Gippsland Solar for genuinely ensuring customer satisfaction.
We went with Gippsland solar as they don't use sub contractors, the salesperson told us that they perform a professional install with their own staff allowing them to control standard of installation. Issues arose when they could not supply initial spec of panel, and smaller watt panel was supplied with a reduction in invoice price. Next on install day staff arrived but were sub contractors on roof without harnesses. On raising the issue with Gippsland Solar they said that they have been using this sub contractor for over 9 months and they recommend the persons work. They then got the subcontractor to stop and reorganised another date with their own staff, a reduction in price was given due to time taken off work to get install completed again on another day.. On return the next week the staff then installed the system, on checking the result we found they installed 5 panels in the wrong space compared to the install diagram resulting in the panels being shaded in the morning from the ridge of the house (why they were to be located elsewhere at time of quote) they apologised and said the office will deal with the complaint. On request we asked for the work to be completed that day. We settled for the panels to be set up the operate differently in the same location and a reduction in price was offered as compensation for loss of panel efficiency. On completion we noticed that no protection had been used on gutters and they were stripped back to raw metal from dragging the rails up them when lifting to roof. Again more price taken off. In the end the price for the system was compatible with that out of the paper and the experience i had was what the salesperson said would happen if you use a cheaper supplier. All in all the system is up and working and the electrical inspector has given it the green light and over $2000 taken off the bill but i wonder if it would have just been easier to go with another supplier and not be deceived the whole way along and be constantly negotiating reductions in price due to promises on install not being meet. This company may be now growing to quick to keep up with its quality it used to pride itself on.
I found Gippy Solar through ads in the local Hill End Herald & subsequent research of their website. Great local firm with competitive pricing, quality components & good installers. The Sunpower/Fronius system installed end Jan 2019 is working well here in Willow Grove and the ability to monitor its output is comforting. An excellent result all round.
Not the best experience for us. Gippsland Solar promised to carry out all aspects of the installation themselves which was a big factor in us choosing them but on the day of the install subcontractors turned up to carry out the work. Subsequently they managed to leave hundreds of small dents in our colourbond as they were jumping from the roof onto the verandah. Gippsland Solar did admit liability and reduced our bill so credit to them. System cost was at the high end of the scale for a Fronius inverter and Opal panels but was happy to pay hoping for a fault less install. Overall if we had to do it again we would use a different company. The employees at Gippsland solar were very understanding and knowledgeable cant fault them there. They should just deliver what they promise and use their own installers.

Original Review on 11-04-2018:

Waiting install Original ratings

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked This person: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I just want to say how happy I am with the system Gippsland Solar installed for me in July.

I have just received my first bill from my retailer (Red Energy) and I am in credit!

It's great to know that the by choosing the biggest system, along with a battery, that I will probably never have to pay for an electricity bill ever again!

And with the state governements and the federal government stating they will be coming down hard on electricity companies for charging incredibly high rates, hopefully the feed in tarrifs will also improve in the near future too.

Gippsland Solar were outstanding from start to finish and I could not have asked for a better result!

I highly recommend if you are considering installing solar panels and/or a battery as well that you give Gippsland Solar a call!

Original Review on 29-12-2017:

THE COMPARISON SHEETS PROVIDED BY YOUR WEBSITE WERE OF VALUE IN ARRIVING AT AN INSTALLER AND CHOOSING A SYSTEM THAT
WE COULD AFFORD AND WERE HAPPY WITH.

Value for money: N/A
Quality of System: N/A
Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Robert: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

AS WE HAVE NOT YET ADDED A BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEM THE SYSTEM IS UNDER UTILISED.

Original Review on 14-06-2017:

You would not believe how many times I checked back on your website for information and it had the answers every time.
We have 22 LG x 295W panels coming along with two x 3kW Fronius inverters; both get a good wrap on your website.
So far, so good.

Installation: N/A

8 months later we asked Ian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Heading for twelve months of solar and still happy with everyone involved. Installer Gippsland Solar was brilliant. AusNet also did everything they said they would do on time and Solar Quotes had taught us enough to feel more than comfortable with both installer and distributor.
Gippsland Solar is a most professional outfit only using only their own staff many of whom are electricians. Tidied up well, showed us how to read the information, and checked back after the AusNet visit. AusNet also professional doing their switch on as promised.
About two months in we had three days with total drop outs for several hours. A phone call to Gippsland Solar and the lady who answered the phone said she suspected over-voltage but would look into it. Within 48 hours she had emailed us graphs of our grid voltage on those days showing between 248 and 258 volt supply. AusNet came to the party quickly and turned their transformer down a notch: now all sweet and getting a steady 240 volts. (We have a two-phase rural system).
And our bill: now $95-$100 for 90 days compared with $640-$700 previously. Could not be happier. Thank you Gippsland Solar. Thank you AusNet. And thank you, Finn Peacock.
Local supplier with a very good reputation for customer service and post sales support.

Have not yet had the system installed so can't comment on that yet.
It was a very easy decision as some of the solar companies were very pushy constantly ringing harrasing me. But it's over now so i appreciate your services.
Solar Quotes was only able to provide one referral, and we got a quote from that supplier. The person we spoke to was very nice, but could not answer key questions, advising us to read the fine print once we got the quote. The quote was prepared and submitted without a site visit. We found this to be unsatisfactory. We then sourced a second quote ourselves, from local firm Gippsland Solar. Shane instilled confidence in us from the first conversation, attended our site and made a comprehensive assessment. His was not the cheapest quote, but we felt we would be well looked after throughout the process. That has proven to be true.
This was not the cheapest system we could have supplied but we did ask each supplier for quotes on Tier one panels and either Fronius or Sunnyboy inverters. The panels were the issue and we did find some of the sales people unaware of some of the brands we asked about. We also found that the harder sell people were not accurate in calculating the payback period or the amount of savings from the power bill. For instance, one lady told me that a 4 Kw system would eliminate my entire electricity bill. When I advised her that I would still have a supply charge she commented "Oh, I forgot that". Gippsland Solar installed within 2 weeks of me accepting the quote and the system was running before midday. The installers were employees of Gippsland Solar, not sub contractors which appealed to us.
I chose Gippsland Solar because they are a local company, have done a lot of work in the region and are well reviewed. I thought they did a great job in a timely fashion.
Gippsland Solar were extremely prompt in providing information, quotes and responding to our queries. They initially quoted for a 4.5kW system and when I sent an email to request a quote for the 3kW system they responded within 15mins. The system was installed within one week after paying the initial deposit. The installers turned up on schedule and were friendly, efficient and informative. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.
The service was very personal. You can be confused with technical issues & Andrew was able to give us all the help we needed. Also, with so many people now trying to get in on the act with solar installations, it was great to know we are working with people who know their stuff and can be trusted. It also works in VERY well with Mirboo North's Energy Hub.

Original Review on 27-03-2012:

26 months later we asked Derek: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Original Review on 07-11-2011:

30 months later we asked Adrian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Although one can always find a cheaper price for anything, quality, service, punctuality and professionalism are probably a lot more important. My experience with the Gippsland Solar team has been fantastic and can truly recommend them.
Good honest company to deal with.
Gippsland Solar were a very professional company to deal with. Andy came to the house to discuss options, sent through a quote within 48 hours and answered all questions in a timely manner. Charlie who installed the system was very efficient and professional and gave a thorough run through of how to read the inverter at the end of his visit. I was so pleased with Gippsland Solar that I chose the same company to install a 3kw system and solar hot water unit at my daughter's house.
We found Andrew and his team to be very friendly, approachable, helpful and professional in all our dealings with them. They were extremely efficient and what a clean job. We did a lot of research before purchasing a solar system and with Andy we got good value for money, with both quality and price. Would highly recommend Gippsland Solar. Well done Andy, look after those fingers mate.
The Gippsland Solar team was great, very professional and had the installation completed within one day.
We received our first Electricity bill recently after the solar install, meter switch over and agreement with Origin Energy. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the last quarter of 2013, was totally paid for, the meter switch over fee ($165) was paid for and also, $185 credit on my bill to top it off !
This was not even a full quarter with the system in operation.
So in summary, really happy with Installation, operation and feed-in from the system.

Andy really knows his stuff, I walked in to his shop just to talk about the possibility of getting solar panels, and what is available. Within ten minutes he met me at my house to assess the available space on the roof and to get a better idea of what we required. I had a quote emailed to me the next day. As for the installation team, they were excellent as well. It was a very hot (40+) day and the team worked all day to get the job done on time. They were courteous and polite, one even asked if we would like our pet rabbits cage moved into the shade! Most of all, they did an excellent job installing the panels. I would recommend Gippsland Solar to anybody who asks. Andy seems to have a real passion for solar and it shows in the knowledge he has and in the tradies he uses.
If your looking for a salesperson and company that's straight up, honest and returns your calls then give Gippsland solar a ring. The solar system we ordered was supplied promptly and installed with great detail to quality of fitment. Would I recommend this company, certainly would. thanks again Andrew and the crew from Gippsland solar.
I can highly recommend Andrew and his team. The customer service was excellent and I felt they had my best interests at heart during the whole process. The system is now generating power to cover my needs at this time, however I have the ability to add more panels when I decide to add an air conditioner upstairs! Please talk to Andrew and get him out to your place - you will be very pleased you did!
Professional, Caring and Respectful. Great service and communication from start to finish.
Gippsland Solar were pleasant to deal with and very helpful with all aspects of the installation.
It has been a long time since we have experienced such prompt, polite and informative service. From our first contact with the company, we have received excellent service and have appreciated the promptness with which our system was installed. Also thought the installers were polite, respectful and did a great job cleaning up afterwards. Andrew's follow up call to make sure all was done to our satisfaction was appreciated. Really kept in touch and no phone calls from us necessary. Friends had told us of their satisfaction with this company but it exceeded our expectations greatly.
Of the three companies I talked to I thought that Gippsland Solar was the most professional and were better able to offer solutions.
The Company representative Andrew McCarthy came when he said he would and gave us all the advice that we required. He couldn't have been more helpful at the initial interview and responded immediately to further queries.

His installation crew were efficient, pleasant and took great care installing the equipment (the installation inspector was most impressed by the quality of the installation, which he certified immediately).

We were happy that this was a local Company with a good well deserved reputation.We would definitely recommend this Company.
We purchased a solar hot water unit from Gippsland Solar and when we moved was so impressed that we purchased another one form our current home. Andrew gives value for money, service out of this world and quality products. Highly recommend Gippsland Solar
Received 3 quotes for my system.

Although not the cheapest, Gippsland Solar were so far above the other 2 companies in presentation, knowledge (both spoken & supplied) and all round customer service, I felt that as
far as total value for money, they could not be beaten.
Salesperson & installers were all very professional & efficient. I have been happy with all aspects of the purchase & installation process. I would highly recommend Gippsland Solar to anyone.