Kozco Energy Group Reviews

Kozco Energy Group is a Solar Power Installation company based in Croydon Park and serves SA. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $4,300 - $10,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Kozco Energy Group Reviews (241)

Obtained supplier from other supplier

Finalised supply via another company which not nominated in this process

Responsive, Professional Company

Felt immediately comfortable from first meeting with Aiden who called to asses site & discuss our needs before providing a quote a few days later. Only marginal differences in the various quotes received, but Kozco was by far the most comprehensive & professional in their approach & gave us confidence in their ability to provide the system that would best suit us. We eventually opted for higher rated neo panels & were able to negotiate on price. Installation was delayed for a month (at our request) & went as expected with a large team who arrived on time & ensured they cleaned up afterwards despite extremely trying weather conditions on the day.Also provided explanation on solar operation, installed/explained the consumption/usage app & arranged grid connection. Service from initial contact,via sales, installers & office staff all confirmed our decision to trust our solar purchase to Kozco.

Knowledgable sales and design staff: visited and gave quote considering my circumstances (very low electricity consumption). Products offered were not top of the range, but didn't need them
Install went smoothly
Continued to be attentive and persistent after install: working with retailer for Meter upgrades

So far have not had much generation due to a very wet and cloudy June, so hard to rate performance

Absolutely brilliant

A huge thank you to matt Nunn at kozco absolute fantastic service ! any questions I had were always answered with knowledge and never a hassle for him, always returned phone calls and email, price was extremely competitive with others for really good system.
(I went with a Enphase system

All the office staff are easy to deal with and are very prompt and organised

The boys doing the install were all very polite and respectful, working in a safe manner and cleaned up after themselves

Absolutely hassle free with kozco they made experience easy and enjoyable

Good custumer service and the installation was performed in a professionally manner.

My quotes were a bit above the values you hear on TV adds (from other companies) but after some negotiation I manage to get a better price. Still not the chippers but much closer to wat I was expecting to pay. That was the hardest part...
After, the installation went with no problems, they were flexible and they listen to my requests, every thing was done in a single day, and the next day I was already connected to the grid. No issues there.
The customer service was in general good, occasionally a bit slow, nothing alarming but it is the only negative thing that have to say from all my experience.
Post sale's, I had some minor issues that were easily solve by email.

Great service and product

I specified the panels and inverter I wanted. Kozco offered the most competitive price. Salesperson was excellent - informative, quick to respond and knowledgable. Follow up from office people was effcient and friendly. Installation was smooth and quick and followed up with clear explanation of the systems functionality and online monitoring. Overall, an excellent experience.

Outstanding service

Aiden was fantastic, prompt service and professional. Will highly recommend and happy to be a referee.

Great overall service for a 2-inverter, 2-battery system

We elected to have a 2-inverter, 2-battery system installed: 5kW Alpha ESS + 5kW Solis inverters with 2 x 13.3 Alpha ESS batteries. The installation took a bit longer than estimated but this is possibly due to the more complex system we had installed. Quoting, sales and customer service experiences were very pleasurable and professional. Had to ask for several quotes with different system configurations but always got a fairly-prompt response.

Very easy simple process. Went very smoothly

Sales quote was very reasonable and they answered all my questions with no problems.
Install was excellent. Was delivered 3 panels short but they were onto it straight away and it didn't delay the install process at all.
Tradies were excellent. They turned up on time, they were easygoing. They did a very tidy job and located inverter where I preferred it to go, they ran all wiring inside the wall and were very efficient.
Set me up with the monitoring app afterwards and explained and answered any questions I had. They also organised the grid connection.

Expert Solar Panel Installation

* Our quotation was provided some time before we were able to make the installation, but Kozco Energy honoured their original quote.
* The installation required quite a degree of co-ordination with other maintenance teams and property owners and Kozco Energy complied and cooperated at every level
* The installation was well organised behind the scenes in advance, so that the actual installation Day proceeded smoothly and efficiently.
* Customer service was always friendly, helpful and extremely efficient, at all levels - Reception, Technical, Management, and Accounting.
* Our project was completed seamlessly, On Time and On Budget
* The after sales service, supply of warrantees, and the provision of compliance certificates was also timely and thorough on completion.

Kozco

Everything went well. I'm happy with the sales and installation services. Kozco organised the grid connection after install.

Just the system I need

I enjoyed my early experiences with the sales staff, and they actually came out to assess my situation and needs. Installation seemed quite efficient, although they didn't have the wifi connections to the inverter available and a Covid lockdown prevented them from completing that aspect for a couple of weeks. They organised everything with SA Power Networks on my behalf.

Excellent customer servive

-Matt was a very lovely, knowledgeable energy specialist. His product knowledge was excellent, so I knew that I was making the right decision for myself and my energy use. He was incredibly thorough throughout the whole quoting process and made the whole experience very stress-free.
-the installation itself was very punctual, the installers arrived on time and completed the job in the expected time. The follow-up afterwards was great, with assistance provided to me with setting up the app to track my solar generation.
-overall customer service was also great, with the new meter installation all organized for me. Emails were always replied to promptly as well.

Great Install

Kozco are easy to deal with, friendly and helpful. A little slow with communication from the office sometimes and that can be slightly frustrating; but the installers are fantastic and talk through the plan and deliver above and beyond. They do a great job of visually minimalist installs as well, no messy cabling.

Original Review on 12-03-2021:

A job well done

Of the three quotes we received we selected the company that provided a good quality product, that was quoted professionally and had good quality after sales service.
We were not disappointed, and from the initial visit from Kosco the entire operation went off very smoothly right up to completion of the install when all the panels came on stream faultlessly.
I could not be more pleased with the result and am very grateful to Solar Quotes for putting me in touch with the right people, and to all the team at Kosco who patiently lead me thru the whole process.
I have no hesitation in recommending both Solar Quotes and Kozco to anybody considering installing solar.

Thanks Steven, we are so pleased to hear that we showed you true professionalism and we love to hear that you would recommend us to your friends and family. Enjoy your new system.

8 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I expected more, yet I have no way of knowing if that feeling is realistic as I still got an electricity bill of $700+ for the winter quarter, again it was a pretty miserable winter.
Perhaps it is still too early?

Over all good experience.

Insulation was quick.
Quote was competitive.
Customer service was great at the start but filtered off later once first instalment was paid but over all pretty good face to face, just fell short at home base I guess.
Yes they helped with grid connection, still yet to receive first bill. Tba.

Excellent company to deal with.

Kozco energy group were a great choice for our Solar PV system.
They were helpful and available from the get-go. Even made a small alteration to the array after the initial install to improve access without hesitation.
Thoroughly recommended.

Very professional and installation was timely and efficient

Quote process was very professional and when installation was done it did not impose very much and was done in shorter time than was expected Follow-up was very good

All over a great experience

I wasn't in a super hurry to have the system installed so Tyson provided information when I needed it, but also kept in regular contact as well. He came out to our house to explain everything & gave us various options in regards to KW size & also a battery option.
We decided on the 6.6 Kw system & it was installed well within the timeframe they had outlined in the proposal.

The installation was easy with little interruption & the installer explained the system after completion, with the monitoring app & web page.

Well done

Tyson and the team at Kozco Energy Group did a great job with my solar installation - all installed according to plan and I'm now making savings +++

Friendly team, efficient and great customer service!!

That is great to hear, Brigid! We hope you enjoy your system and that you will keep on saving heaps in the future. Thanks for choosing Kozco. Many thanks from Tyson and the rest of the team.

Great Service

All facets of the installation were great. Have now looked to install two similar systems for other family members.

Professional Company

Kozco were one of three quotes I received and were the best quality, price and design submitted.
Thanks to Sam Storey for modifying the design and size while also keeping the extra costs reasonable. Joe and Sam and the installation team were on time and performed the job under harsh conditions (very windy) with no fuss. The installation process was explained to me as modifications were made on the run to best suit my setup. Left the driveway clean and tidy then explained on how the system operated and what happens next. Grid connection hasn't happened yet but the admin team have arranged the necessary booking so appears to be all good.

Hi David.
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate your experience. On behalf of the whole team; many thanks for your kind words! Hopefully your grid connection will be sorted shortly so you can fully enjoy the benefits of your solar system.
Thanks again, all the best!

Great Service & Quality

While searching for a solar system to suit my needs, I came across many pushy salespeople who assured me that their offer was the only option worth considering. When talking to Kozco they were informative, knowledgable, understanding of my needs and not at all pushy. The quoting process was very easy & all aspects of the installation explained very well. They were happy to send one our their guys to site to discuss inverter locations. The pricing was very competitive & also included wiring of the backup circuits from the battery, which no other installer had allowed to do. Shortly before the installation, Kozco called me to advise that shipment of panels had not arrived due to COVID-related logistics issues & upgraded to a better panel at no additional cost to maintain my installation date.

The end result is extremely neat & professional & functioning well. Kozco's representative on the day helped to set up the Alpha App as well as provide options for getting better feed in tarriffs with alternative retailer options.

There wasn't a single aspect that I wasn't extremely happy with, would highly recommend in future.

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We take pride in offering the best customer service and it’s great to hear you are happy with our work. Enjoy your solar system, thanks again.

Happy

Excellent customer service, answered all my questions, installation was efficient and were friendly

Thank you so much for your kind review, Sharon. We hope you enjoy your new system. All the best!

Very happy with my dealings with Kozco

Very happy with quoting process, explanations and clarification by salesperson
Installers were excellent but made some little mistakes that I picked up on, easily rectified.
System seems to works well, only been in a month, coming into spring, waiting on my first power bill
Ratings would have higher if just kept me in the loop as to why delays (Sonnen Battery delay)

Hi Harry,

Congratulations on your new solar system! Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We value your feedback and are always trying to improve our work for an even better solar experience. Looking forward to hearing how the system performs in the future. Thanks again, Harry.

Professional and friendly. Would highly recommend this company

Tyson came and quoted within a couple of days of my enquiry. He was friendly and professional, and clearly explained the various options available. The quote was comparable to others, however the deciding factor was the original customer service. I was not let down! Every person I interacted with was friendly and helpful. The installers were professional and completed everything well within the given time frame. The company arranged everything with my energy supplier and I started receiving input credits from day 1. I definitely feel I made the right choice in choosing Kozco to install my solar

Smooth Upgrade

Ben and his install crew were a hard working bunch of lads. It was a fairly big job which they did well, a neat and professional job. It's comfortable having a crew like them in your 'home space' polite and friendly lads.
Communication with the office was very good with quick email responses to queries.
We previously had a 1.7kw system which they removed without any fuss.
The battery and inverter installation is neat and looks good.

Savings after the install of our solar by Kozco Energy

It is 12 months since we had out last bill from AGL and in that time we have also received a cheque for $300+ for the credit on our account. That is how efficient our solar panels have been! Love your work Kozco!

Easy to deal with

Had a 13.3kw system quoted up to be installed as part of a new house build, the sales team were great, easy to deal with and gave me all the options I wanted.

The installation of the panels was completed at 1st fix phase and arranged while the builders scaffolding was on-site, all cabling was done neatly, they unfortuantely couldn't install all of the panels which were designed off the plan but adjusted things accordingly so now it's a 12.2kw system which is still plenty big enough!. Installation of the inverters came a bit later when the house was complete and again no fuss, the installers were great, friendly and turned up on time and cleaned up after themselves, having dealt with a bunch of trades as part of the build these guys were right up there!

Happy to recommend!

No stress solar.

I was very happy with all aspects of the quotation, installation, advice and liaison with my electricity supplier.

Got to be best in the business

Right from the start I was taken by the 'can do' attitude. No smoke and mirror type explanations and quotes...just worked out what I needed and then gave me a price no one else could come close to. I've had a lot of tradies do work for me in my time but this was the first time that all those attending (up to 8 at one time) shared the same values of politeness, tidiness, punctuality and were courteous and understanding in their responses to me about the system they were installing for us.
I have nothing but praise for this organisation and those who work for them. I highly recommend them.

Brilliant

This is the third time we have used KOZKO, once for ducted air conditioning and twice now for solar. We never considered going to another provider or installer.

They may not be the cheapest but they are the BEST.

The installation team was very professional and polite. They left no trace of themselves after completion of installation, they cleaned up, walked me through the system, the app (which I love) and we could t be happier.

We strongly recommend this exception business for all your energy needs.

Great

Competitive quote and great service. They explained the system and the benefits of the different equipment. Very happy

Amazing Solar & Battery System

I highly recommend Kozco Energy, who from quotation to final installation of solar and battery, were highly professional in everything they did.
I was surprised that I could have such an impressive system installed for such a good price.

They even took my old 1kW solar system away and cleaned up after without leaving a trace.

Kozco even suggested a different power retailer that would give me a great solar feed in tariff - who I am now with.

Great Value for money!

Professional and prompt service by Luke with quotation and timeline.
The guys who came to install were on time and did a great job, not only with installation but also going through setup and use of solar app to check usage and keep an eye on day to day power saving tips.
My 1st bill is here and yes there are some savings already. Well done team Kozco...highly recommend them.

Hassle-free. Will recommended without a doubt.

Sales and quoting process was easy done. No pressure. Ease of communication via email and phone.

Installation went very well - very happy with the outcome.

Customer service was excellent and professional. Ease of communication, prompt replies via email and hassle-free follow up after installation.

Professional installation

Good value for money and the installers were polite, helpful, and professional.

Customer service could be better. Sometimes took several days to answer emails, and the final invoice that was sent to me was initially incorrect.

Service was A1

Very happy with your service and price, everything went well.

Fantastic installer

Please pass on my thanks to Ben & Sean for their professionalism and knowledge when they installed my Tesla battery. Ben was teaching Sean. They were polite, friendly young men. They were punctual and tidied up after themselves.

Original Review on 14-09-2020:

Go with who you know

Kozco were first in with their quote; asked the right questions; were amenable to changing the panel layout; cooperatively consulted with us on overcoming potential installation issues. Included cost of scissor lift for two-storey installation. (presumably others would have ignored OH&S rules). Only company to go with optimisers.

Turned up at the appointed time, worked hard all day and finished and tested the job. It is reassuring to see company marked vans and actual employees wearing company logos. Kept us in the loop all day and consulted us as to location of switchboards and switches.

Kozco organised the grid connection through our current retailer who are, at this stage, arranging the smart meter. Meanwhile we are able to use the solar power, but won't be paid for supplying excess to the grid until smart meter is installed. Kozco suggested not changing retailers until the smart meter is installed, and will help with selecting the best retailer for our circumstances.

8 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Over the 9 months of operation so far, we have not had to pay an electricity bill and are over $100 in credit, although we would expect to eat into that over winter. We would have paid about $1200 without solar. Being retired enables us to optimise usage times. The app enables us to test in real time various configurations of electrical usage and encourages us to think of ways to save energy without compromising comfort or lifestyle.

Wonderful experience with kozco energy group

Big thumbs up to kozco energy group , from quotes to the install everyone was great and easy to deal with .

Thanks so much for your feedback Matt. We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with us at Kozco Energy Group.

Excellent customer service, excellent value for money and excellent installers

If you are looking to install solar panels look no further than Wayne Faranda at Kozco Energy Group. Wayne is very professional, responsive and indeed very knowledgeable. I also have to commend the Kozco team that installed our solar as they were excellent. They were professional, courtesy, explained things in an easy way to understand. What is also important is the after install support. Again, Kozco were fantastic in responding to any questions I had after they installed the system. I would highly recommend the Kozco Energy Group.

Wow thank you so much for your feedback Zoe. We really appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our team. We are so glad to hear we made this a great service for you.

Enjoy your new system and remember we are here for you any time.

Great installation

The sales quote was prompt and communication from Nicole & Wayne Faranda and Stephanie freeman, the installation was fast prompt organised and very tidy, thanks to Myles, Benjamin and Danny and staff, very happy with system would highly recommend
Cheers

Thanks George. We love that our whole team made a great impression on you. We have a team that truly cares here at Kozco Energy Group and it's great you got to feel that first hand.

Enjoy your new system George and remember we are always here to help.

Great Company to deal with

Salesman came out to check the site was punctual and knowledgeable
The admin kept me up to date with progress and what to expect
The install team where very efficient and polite

Thanks Andrew - We are thrilled we were efficient and polite with great communication, that's what we love hearing. Enjoy your new system Andrew.

Solar system

Wonderful, helpful and very professional company to deal with. Definitely the best price too!

We love hearing our customers had a great experience. Thanks so much Sofia for your comments. If you need anything from us, we are hear to help with any after sale service.

A job well done

Wayne came out to my house to do the quote (the others did it over the phone) and was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Steph in the office was very helpful answering my 1001 questions about coordinating 3 phase install / tesla queries.

The install by the team (Myles, Ben, Amos, Grabber, Dan and Cooper) went very smoothly.

I've already recommended Kosco to a family member.

Thanks for your kind words Matt and an even bigger thanks for referring us on to a friend. Make sure you keep in touch as you will be eligible for our amazing referral program.

Kozco Energy Group

I can't believe it took us this long to get Solar!

We had been considering Solar for a long time - however, there is an element to many installers which seemed speculative or as if they had a 'catch' - Kozco is not one of those businesses.

From start to finish Kozco provided clear, down earth and trustworthy information - we had a few special requests (such as no panels on the front of our house and a focus on the best value product) and they delivered. We couldn't believe how cost-effective our system was to install and accepted the quote almost immediately.

Installation took less than a day and the boys where very polite and professional, they didn't make a mess and braved the 35-degree heat on the day without any complaints.

The after support has been particularly noteworthy, Nicole checked in on us and helped organise our meter instillation with AGL - helping us navigate AGL's confusing service (the difference is night and day).

Ultimately, we're shocked at how easy it was - after accepting the quote in mid-December, we had it installed before Christmas (there was a bigger wait for AGL to install the new meter). With only a months worth of generation, we already have a $100 credit on our account and couldn't be happier.

Highly recommend the team at Kozco- thankyou!

Thanks so much for your raving review Jesse. It is so great to hear that you can already see the benefit on your energy bill.

We are really glad overall you had such a great customer experience.

Installers and Sales team great

Everyone was helpful and the service was excellent. Very happy with my system

Hi Mikayla,

Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind words. We are always striving to ensure our customers have the best experience. Its great to hear you received this.

Excellent service

This was as simple as it gets. The quote came back in a very timely manner and was on par with other quotes I also received. I requested a visit from the sales person to answer further queries I had and he was very informative as he was previously an installer. The installation process was seamless and done within the described period. I couldn't be happier with how the whole process was completed.

A very good and professional company!

Highly recommended! Great service and high quality products for a very competitive price.