Smart Energy Answers Reviews

About Smart Energy Answers, Solar Installers

Smart Energy Answers
Platinum Partner
Smart Energy Answers is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 27 621 047 952  ABN active since 11 Aug 2017 | Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd
ACN: 621 047 952  ACN active since 11 Aug 2017 | Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 2019595 Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd

NSW: 318392C Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,700 - $9,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Smart Energy Answers Solar Reviews

Brilliant from start to finish.

Great sales and flawless installation team. Some minor cosmetic issues with inverter install and they came back to fix it right away. Follow up after sales was great. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Happy customer

The whole process went very smoothly and much faster than expected. They kept me well informed and met all commitments. Show additional information

Smooth process

The whole process was very smooth. The Smart Energy Answers was the only company, which sent a representative to discuss our needs and to provide a quote. Very nice talk to Oren. Solar system installed just two weeks after the quote and sign up. Excellent, saved us lots of money! Installation itself was quick and easy, despite the size of the system. All customer service and communication was great, everything was organised and delivered as promised (except the final design, but it had to be adjusted at the day of the installation anyway, so not a big deal). Overall very happy with Smart Energy Answers! Show additional information

Hassle free from quote to installation

From getting a quote to installation, timely and efficient.

Installers were efficient and timely. it would be helpful if the electrician could educate me a little about the inverter and the connection to IsolarCloud.

I found the process to get connected to IsolarCloud stressful and frustrating. And they got my suburb (address) wrong.

Customer service was good. She was very helpful. They help organised the grid connection after the installation. It took about a month before the meter was changed.

I haven't got a full grasp of reading the monitoring on my phone APP. Maybe my next electric bill will give me some clarity.

Thank you Finn for providing information on the different types of solar panels and inverters.

Troubled

Sales Rep was fantastic and had answered all our concerns during our initial meeting and subsequent email process to clarify the quote. The company advised that installation was set for the 23rd of December after the deposit was paid. One week out (16th) I sent a return email to that person asking a few questions which also included confirmation of the balance owing. I did not get a response so I forward the email to the Sales Rep on the 18th. I never received a response. At this time I'm feeling nervous that I have been "scammed". The 19th, against my better judgement, I paid an 'extra" deposit to cover the cost of installation. If I have been scammed then I would have just lost more money, but if the installers turned up, then I had paid enough to cover their installation costs. A gamble yes.The installers were fantastic, problem was, the company went on annual leave COB 20th and I could not contact anyone. Got an email on Christmas day advising that the monitoring system was up and running. Then the problems started, the monitoring system only showed production not consumption. Not happy, no one to contact. When the company resumed in January, I find out the that monitoring system that I thought I was getting is another $800 - which I would never have accepted at the quote stage. Received an email with the manual to the system but had to follow this up because there was no attachment. To complicate matters, we switched over to the NBN on the 7th Jan and now the monitoring system shows nothing beyond that date. We checked with our electricity supplier, and they were not advised of our conversion to solar. So I had to chase this up, the paperwork was finally sent on the 16th of January. To be fair, I did receive an email on that date after my contact with the company, advising that my monitoring role and permissions were upgraded so maybe I will be see both production and consumption, but I don't know until the monitoring system (interruption due the the NBN) is resolved .... which is still ongoing as I write this. Hence I have not rated the "quality of the system" as I do not know. On the plus side for the company, they kind of delivered what they said they would but the experience was influenced by the Christmas break and the installation of the NBN. On the negative side for the company, they really need to take a step back and examine their after sales service ....service. Because I've had to, and still am, chasing up the outstanding issues. It would have been easier if I had paid the $ upfront and had everything done on the "installation day" but this was never an option and, how would you know your not being scammed ? PS - after hitting the submit button, the system wants me to rate the quality of the system so my rating is not a true reflection ....... to be continued ...... Show additional information

Excellent personal service

The quoting was detailed and following discussion the final system including the number of panels was agreed in line with my needs.

Installation was carried out on time by very friendly and polite installers. The finished the job inn one day, cleaned up any rubbish and ensured that I understood the operation of the system, including helping me set up the system/energy monitoring on my smartphone.

Customer service was excellent from start to finish. They did all the paperwork eg. government rebate, grid connection etc prior to installation.

Hello, Tom! Thank you for leaving us a review! We are moved that you loved your experience. Our team will be happy to know about this. We always put customer experience and satisfaction as our top priority, and your recommendation reaffirms the efforts we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to doing business with you again. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Have an amazing week ahead!

Good price for good quality and service.

Very good service. Were open to doing a deal.
Kept me informed.
Made sure I was happy after completion.

Professional service and customer support

We were looking for the installer for a while.
Some of our friends had issues with the companies installing solar systems for them, so we were careful with making the final decision.
Smart Energy Answers had good reviews on https://www.solarquotes.com and https://www.productreview.com.au, so we decided to proceed with this company.
All the process starting from providing the quote till dealing with our electricity provider to connect the system to the grid was professional and done in a timely manner.
All the required documentation has been provided. Their support team was responsive and provided all the required information on time.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Great installer and quality.

A straightforward process from the initial phone call and discussion to the final install and activation of the system. The installers were fantastic and did a tidy job and didn't take as long as they thought they would. I love seeing the panels on a sunny day and enjoying cheap power! Show additional information

Expert advice, willing to work with me

Quoting showed a very thorough understanding of my objectives now, and into the future.
Installation was undertaken in a professional manner. Installer failed to provide inverter optimizer link to iPhone app. I need to follow this up through SAE customer service
The rest of the service was great and am now just waiting for my retailer to install meter to allow feed in to grid.

Very satisfactory outcome - most pleased.

Very knowledgeable consultant, punctual with alternative request for better quality system, and able to be contacted with further queries.
Installers efficient and punctual, also very willing to answer questions and explain the process.
various payments immediately responded to.
After two days, very happy,

Hello Owen! Thanks for leaving us such an excellent 5-star review! We're glad that you loved our services. Our dedicated team will be pleased to hear your kind words; they worked very hard to make sure that our customers receive the best service. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please feel free to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Have a beautiful day ahead!

smart energy answers =smart decision

great install team and product helpful from start to finish and answer any questions i’ve had . Show additional information

Efficient

Straight forward
Polite, punctual & tidy
Install was done very well - no complaints or issues

Great Install

The quote was good, very professional & quite friendly.
The install was quite interesting. I'm a hands-on kinda person; I found it difficult to watch everything they were doing while maintaining social distancing. I kept wanting to get too close, but the install team were very professional & friendly.
The service from the SEA office was also very good and they too care of all the paperwork for changing the meter over. Energy Australia hasn't been out to actually change it yet, so in the mean time my meter is running backwards instead of calculating a feed-in tariff.
Only the EmberPulse monitoring system seems to have some WiFi issues.

Customer service brings it home

The sales ageblntnfrom Smart Energy Answers (SEA) was quite helpful and was honest in his dealings. Through the process we realised I was not quoted for the right type of inverter owing to restrictions (which the sales agent ought to have known) of the energy retailer. Nevertheless the team at SEA upgraded me to a 15 Kw inverter at no extra cost. The whole team right from sales, customer service and installation were exceptional. I think in today's day and age everyone provides the goods, but good customer service is an absolute key. This is why I have no reservations in recommending the team. The Sungrow inverter provides me with wifi monitoring of power generation however if you would like to see your consumption you will need a another Sungrow Monitoring device which is an extra 950 bucks. Probably worth bringing this up in your early sales conversations. Show additional information

Trouble free, very efficient Solar Installation

The Sales quoting process was what led to the selection of this company over others. The initial price quoted was halved through an end of month discount and the Government subsidy support scheme.The Sales representative I dealt with was right on top of his subject mater, was polite, informative and responded to questions fully and politely.
The install was made some four days after the quote was accepted. There was a promise of installation commencing at 8.30 a.m which was honoured. Three installers put 13 panels in place on two areas of the roof and the Meter was installed two days later.The Tradesmen in charge of the instal was very personable, polite and helpful.
I made a minor calculation on payment and a phone call resolved that very amicably.

Extremely Happy with everything concern.

Smart Energy Answers were very helpful with the quote and explaining all involved, they offered a special for the month which also assisted the price. I was well informed of the process before the installation date. All workers for the installer were pleasant and polite. Smart Energy Answers, follow up with the electricity provider was very satisfactory. I was instructed to contact my provider as well for which I did. Their after service was also satisfactory.
The only issue I have with all Solar providores would be to inform the purchaser of the possibility of roof tiles being damaged at the time of installation, and perhaps help them with information to purchases some spare ones before the installation date. I have since been able to purchase spare tiles for future need of replacement.

Hello, Win! Thank you so much for leaving us with a fabulous 5-star review and testimonial! We are delighted that you are pleased with the service we have provided. Though we missed one mark, still, you ended up as a very happy and satisfied customer, as what we always aim for. Feedback like this helps us constantly improve our performance and customer's experiences by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on. If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679 or visit our website. Have a great week ahead! Show additional information

Very Proactive

Consultant very knowledgeable and accommodating to my many varied requests.
Quote was very competitive but not the cheapest. I took great comfort from size of business and they are an Accredited Retailer not just an installer.
Installation team was great. Job looks really tidy and no mess left.

Prompt and efficient service

The sales consultant was knowledgeable and spent time discussing all options. The quote was guaranteed price and had performance expectations written down.

I was lucky to get an installation date very close to booking. Installation was on time, clean, and high quality. The system is connected to the grid and up and running in 4 weeks.

Any questions, follow ups I had were dealt quickly and respectfully. Happy to spend a bit extra for the quality of install and service.

Professional, Cost Effective and Responsive team

I purchased my 5KW system from SEA , Rodrigo was very patient through the whole process as I'm a bit tech savvy and had compared few systems prior reaching out to them.

Not only technically i was satisfied with the approach , cost wise also they beat the incumbent. Installation happened 2 weeks ago and today was certified as hunky dory.

I had to deal with Support team a few times for paperwork which was also flawless.

Highly recommend SEA and very happy with the service i received.

DC optimiser install

Not a straight forward install. East west orientation with shading issues. Sales personnel knowledgeable and helpful. Installation personnel very competent and did quality job. Show additional information

So far, so good

Spent some time chatting with Adam to figure out our needs and come up with our quote. Noting Solar Energy Answers (SEA) were the first company we got a quote from, he was very helpful and very patient! After some back and forth over the next few days, we settled on 28 x Opal 315W panels (8.82kW string) and an 8kW Sungrow inverter; I was pretty happy with the price. The installation appointment took a bit longer than expected (over a month in the end) but this was mostly down to a bit of confusion over our availability. However, when the installation team turned up (Darren, Diego and Sean) they were awesome; friendly, courteous and very efficient. The installation was scheduled for 2 days but they managed to get it all done in one day with zero mess. Prior to leaving, Darren ran me through the Sungrow monitoring app and clearly answered all of my questions; it was great to see my system producing power before they had even left! All this was yesterday so it’s early days and I’ve yet to have my energy provider get me onto a solar feed-in plan but today has been overcast all day and my app is telling me that the system has produced 13kWh - I’m looking forward to that being turned into cash!! As the title says, so far, so good with my SEA experience. Show additional information

Excellent installers. Good support from company.

No nonsense sales/quote. Despite my own research i went with SAE's recommended panels and inverter brand due to best price vs quality. Installers were very polite and professional, did an excellent job and tidied up afterwards. Great support from head office. Grid connection was all handled by SAE and the entire process was all too easy. I would highly recommend Smart Energy Answers for a Canberra installation. Show additional information

Early days but good so far.

Good so far. Some tile roof damage on installation. People should be prepared for this. Also long potential delay on connection. SEA installers and sales people were great. Sungrow inverter service not so good. Called to report a software problem, still no response 7 days later. Lucky it fixed itself. Panels working as predicted. SEA estimate was accurate compared to others. Show additional information

Great experience all round

I really wanted a 100% Australian owned solar company that actively employs and functions in the best interest of its local community.
That’s what I got with SMART energy answers.

The experience from start to finish was a breeze, they provide great value for money considering I wanted the best I can get LG Neon panels.
I’m satisfied with my savings and rest easy knowing that my warranty will be fully supported by a trusted Aussie company

Everything went according to plan.

Sales process was easy and very reactive to my needs.
Installation was very professionally done, punctual and very nice people.
Customer service was very good and took care of everything for me.

Good service

The sales/installation processes were great. Carlos, the installer, was very accommodating. He listened to my questions and responded to my request positively.
The only thing I was not satisfied is the designing process. I was expecting engineering data/analysis to back up the distribution and location of the panels unique for my installation.
Overall I am quite happy with the system installed.

Fantastic Company to deal with.

I can't recommend them too highly. From quotation through installation (and in particular the installation) they were exceptional

Hi, Sjouke! Thank you for giving us an exceptional 5-star review and recommendation! We are happy to hear that we're able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers.
If there's anything we can do to help you out in the future, please do contact us at 1300 732 679 or visit our website. Have a fantastic week ahead!

Smart Energy Answers

I was very happy with all aspects of the service. In particular the salesperson was very informative and helpful. Show additional information

Fantastic service!

The guys from Smart Energy Answers, from sales/customer service down to installers, are superb! Really happy with their service. The workmanship is really good and the products they are selling are top notch. My electricity bill has never been this low since having solar panels installed. Really happy with this investment :)
Highly recommended!

Good system and efficient service

I highly recommend Smart Energy Answers. Very knowledgeable sales person gave good advice on the various options and best arrangement of panels. Installation was also very efficient and explained the systems use. After sales follow up also appreciated. Show additional information

Very professional and good product

Very smooth process, installers were fast and professional. The customer service always answered my question and were very patient. Recommend. Show additional information

Good customer service and prompt response to queries and installation.

We have a quick quote from the salesman who came, checked and explained all of our options. Installation was good, tidy and on time. Good experiences.
Tips: Choose good panels and inverters, and you will see the different on your daily system production comparing to your friend's system.

Happy with Smart Energy Answers

I was very happy with the Sales/quotation process as well as the subsequent installation. The installation team were prompt and very efficient in what they did. This also impressed my neighbour who subsequently agreed to go ahead and install a system with them. Unfortunately still too early to see the benefits from a cost point of view and believe we have to wait 6mths minimum.

Hello, Philip! Thank you for leaving such an excellent review. We couldn't agree more that going Solar is a challenging process but we're beyond thankful for the trust that you've given us to be your partner in delivering your Solar Energy System needs. We're happy to hear that you are in awe with how the entirety of the process went. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information

Great experience from quote to installation!

The sales and quoting process was very easy with a representative coming to the house and talking us through the options. Everything was presented well and clearly and I knew exactly what I was getting and why by the end of the process.

The installation was arranged within days-- the crew were polite, tidy and on time. They did a great job removing the old system (and taking it away) as well as installing the new system. The did a great job clearing up after themselves.

The customer service was great -- both presale and after sale. They organised connection to the grid and configured the wifi system for the inverter. I had follow up emails and phone calls to ensure all was well.

Hello, Peter! Thank you for the gratifying feedback and for putting your confidence in us to be your Solar Energy Solution provider. Here at Smart Energy Answers, we always aim to provide quality systems and to deliver 100% customer satisfaction. We are very thankful that we're able to meet high expectations like yours from start to finish, and we genuinely appreciate this wonderful feedback. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information
Sales and quoting was the reason we went with Smart energy. The guys where punctual and seemed to do a good job. As for tidy well, there was rubbish left on the roof, a couple of chipped tiles even cigarette butts. We contacted them to tell them about this, as well also 1 panel wasn't on the system and this took 3 weeks to fix. On the rubbish, the fellow that eventually came to fix the system didn't seem to bothered about it, say" shrugged it of as part of the job". In my line of work that would be unacceptable , so I would expect a tradie would be the same. Overall I can see the benefit of solar as great way to save money and be better for the whole planet. I am still glad we went ahead with it.
Cheers

Dear John, We appreciate your trust at SEA as your Solar Energy System provider, and we apologise for what you have experienced during the installation. We are already handling this concern for proper improvement measures and rest assured that this will not be happening again. If there are any other concerns, please feel free to let us know please do contact us at 1300 732 679. So we can do necessary actions to help you maximise and enjoy your Solar experience better. Have a nice day! Show additional information

Good overall

The sales/quoting process was informative and compelling and the install efficient and went as planned. The grid connection process was completed smoothly and as described. A commitment to assist with the monitoring app was not fulfilled at the time of installation and has been time consuming although I expect it will be resolved. The responsiveness to follow-up with questions and any issues has been good at all levels and with respect to all aspects of the process. It is fair to say based on my experience that this company has a good process and is committed to customer satisfaction.

Hi, Alan! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a positive review and for choosing us to be your solar energy system provider. We're thrilled to know that we're able to deliver such great customer service experience all throughout the process as what we aspire to convey to all our customers. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

Not Great

The sales person was well informed and nothing was to much trouble, thats where the good stuff ends. After explaining how we would like the solar installed and signing off on a photo that was sent through to us, the lack of communication became apparent as one of the most important pieces of the installation was not done. It says on thear website in house installers treat your house like their own unfortunately not the case broken tiles and rubbish left over the backyard. Our system has been offline for a number of days due to an airconditioning install, after trying to get it back online myself after following the instructions on their website (Emberpulse) to no avail, I have phoned a number of times and emailed to recieve no response from their customer service department hence our system is still offline. NOT HAPPY Show additional information

Right from the first phone call service was polite factual and helpful. Installers where efficient punctual informative and tidy. A very good company to deal with. Thank you.

Hi, Michelle! We're glad you had a fantastic time dealing with our helpful, efficient, punctual, and informative team. Thanks for your trust, we're beyond grateful for amazing customers like you. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information

disappointing

Installation team was Fantastic. After sales from company not good. Changed brand of panels to quote sent wrong information to power company averall not happy.

Superb experience

Adam just blew the competition away. Two other quotes were unpleasant experiences (one trying to upsell me and one making racist comments about their competitors) but Adam and Smart Energy Answers were professional, knowledgeable and more than lived up to expectations. Our roof is a particularly steep pitch but solutions were found and the installation team were fantastic. Office staff are equally wonderful and arranged to have our smart meter installed without me lifting a finger. This is an outstanding company and I'd highly recommend them.

Hi, Sherry! Thank you so much for the compliment. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your wonderful 5-star experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We are pleased to know that Adam blew the competition away together with the rest of the team who were able to deliver great service from start to finish. Thank you again for your appreciation of all of our efforts. We look forward to working with you again in the future. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and have a wonderful day ahead! Show additional information

Great service and professional installation

Sales and quoting was done over the phone with knowledgeable staff, answering all questions competently. Installation was carried out in two parts due to weather conditions, but the installers were very polite, organised and punctual. Customer service is friendly and helpful but sometimes have delayed response due to referral to different departments.

Hi, Ihab! Thank you for sharing such a positive experience with us. We're glad to know that you're satisfied with the outcome and in working with our knowledgeable, polite, and punctual team. Rest assured that we'll do our very to continue delivering an excellent service to our valued clients. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

Helpful process

Happy with the whole process. It all went very smoothly.

Dear Leon, Thanks for your review. We’d love to hear more about your experience, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time. Please reach out to 1300 732 679 with further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thanks for taking the time to review our business. Have a great day! Show additional information

Flexible options provided

The sales person was very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about solar. He was willing to listen, provide flexible options to suit our requirements and did not try to sell us anything we didn't need. The installers were punctual, professional and highly efficient. All installed and connected inside 6 hours, everything left neat and tidy and explained what we needed to know.

Hi, Tim! We are happy to have you as part of the Smart Energy Answers family! We are thrilled to know that we're able to provide you such flexible options to meet your requirements and done things neatly and quickly. Thank you for sharing your compliment with us, we highly appreciate it and we look forward to doing business with you again. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information

Great install, poor after sales service

Really happy with the sales process, they were not pushy at all. The installer did a terrific job and I am very satisfied with his professionalism and clean and tidy work. That part was really impressive.

Since the install, one of my panels has been having issues. I have emailed them a couple of times, and still has not heard back.

Very happy with whole process & instaiilation

Sales/quoting process was painless, easy to understand and make decision with.
Instillation was great and within recommended time frame
Customer service helped organise the grid connection after the installation
Overall great to deal with

Hi, Gary! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience dealing with our helpful and knowledgeable team from pre-installation up to post-installation. Thank you again for your kind words. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information

They know their products, honest and value for money

They know their products, honest and good value for money

Hi, Janee! Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We are thrilled to know that you are satisfied with the services we have provided. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and have an amazing day ahead! Show additional information

Very easy to get started

Very easy to deal with and everything they said would happen - happened. Show additional information

An average experience

The installation was delayed for weeks due to the lack of stock due to coronavirus, which is entirely understandable however I was not informed of this or when the installation would take place. Communication was not forthcoming after I paid the deposit.
The installation is OK, a little messy in terms of the mounting rails extending uneven distances beyond the panels despite that being my only request on the day.
They never did a site inspection or measure prior to installation so the layout is not what I was expecting from the aerial mapping.
The installer didn't check the quality of the wifi connection to the inverter, so I don't have reliable monitoring. Plus I was never explained the different monitoring/smart meter options available so I'm totally in the dark about my usage and if/when I am exporting power to the grid. The installer also didn't explain any of the inverter functions before he left for the day - no handover, no manuals, nothing.
Their technical rep has been good on the phone in trying to improve my wifi connection after my enquiry. It seems the Fronius system needs a much stronger wifi signal than most other devices.
The system appears to be working well, but I chose this company because of their supposedly great communication and service. In hindsight I could have chosen a cheaper supplier and got the same result.