Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers Reviews

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Reviewers report paying: $4,264 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smart Energy Answers Reviews (338)

4.4/5

Some issues with our place, took a while to get a resolution

We requested an inspection but the provider generated a quote without inspection. A pre-install inspection 3 days prior to scheduled install identified problems with the location of our switchboard. It then took approximately 2 months for Smart Energy Answers to investigate and come up with a solution to work around this. An inspection prior to quoting would have identified this earlier. Smart Energy Answers did own this issue, and made efforts to resolve it, including the extra costs associated with the revised installation arrangements which we settled on. The installation was generally tidy.

Original Review on 05-11-2020:

Great company.

Great company, easy to deal with. .ade the when experience comfortable. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Ricky: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes it has. I feel its performing better than expected. The Kwh it's producing is 5 to 10 Kwh better than what was predicted. I'm thinking of getting a battery unit but I'm unsure on which one to get, any suggestions? Cheers, Ricky.

Fast, Efficient and Quality of Work

Been looking at Solar for some time. Smart Energy Savers was recommended to me after a number of quotes from other vendors for which many were just sales people without knowledge of what they were selling. SEA sales know their "stuff" and answered my questions promptly. The system was quoted ordered and installed in a week!

The installation was smooth and quick. They arrived on time and the system was up and running within 4 hours. the guys were friendly and polite and cleaned up after the installation.

After installation the SEA admin also organized my Energy provider for new meter and the grid connection.

Very happy with Smart Energy Answers. I Highly recommend them.

Couldn't ask for better that Smart Energy

I liked that everybody was an employee of the company - not contractors, even the sales person, so not surprising that it all went like clockwork.

Excellent customer service. Very friendly, explained things well and answered my many questions. The installation was done rapidly. It's nice and neat and seems to work fine.

Easy transaction

Easy to deal with. On time, very helpful throughout the whole process. Happy to answer questions and kept us up to date.

Fast install with no issues

I was kept up to date through the entire process. Install day went very smooth with no issues and system was ready to go by the end of the day.

Very efficient crew installed the system. All workmen pleasant and friendly, able to answer any questions in language a nontechnical person could understand. Highly recommend

A salesperson made an appointment for a visit. He was a it late but had notified me he in advance.
He was knowledgeable and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. The installation was so efficient, I was very impressed. Had a little trouble at the end connecting to the internet but this was finally achieved. It was great that a local person was in charge. The crew were punctual, there was no mess left afterwards, all the crew were polite . The customer service has equally been of the highest quality. They have organised the grid connections and I am currently waiting for the installation of a smart meter.

Genuinely good solar company!

Great experience from beginning to end. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and upfront, they actually came out to talk to us and listen to what we wanted compared to the other solar installers we were provided by solar quotes.

The installation team was very professional and did an incredibly neat installation.

Post sales support has also been great checking up regularly to make sure everything is still working and that we’re happy.

Installation at the end of the lockdown in Victoria

It was a trying time for everyone but Smart energy kept me informed with realistic expectations about when the installation would occur
They gave me clear information about the process so it gave me time to be organised and help it to be a smooth process
The team when they came were good but it was the lead electrician that made it happen in a seamless fashion and stayed until the end to make sure everything was working as it should be.
After the inspection I realised I had room for more panels so contacted smart energy and this was quickly organised and a team was sent out to within a few days to add the extra panels

Quality installer with great experience

Most knowledgeable solar sales team I have spoken with and offered a quality solution for our solar needs. Installation was seemless and follow up customer service excellent. I highly recommend this business

A wonderful experience.

From the first phone call to the final installation was a breeze with Smart energy. The sales team explained the system and it’s benefits clearly to me the uneducated regards solar systems. I was actually stunned at how quickly all this was achieved as it was beyond expectations. At no stage did I feel pressured as against some of the other companies I had contacted. I would have no hesitation in recommending your company to anyone I know requiring solar power.
Regards
Glenn Roberts

SE Answers did everything for me.

Office & installation staff efficient & professional throughout entire process. Provided guidance & support with paperwork. I'll call them to install battery when prices improve.

Happy with their service and will recommend to anyone

After talking to so many solar power sales persons, we decided to go ahead with Smart Energy Answers. The a sales person called Daniel Kim who was a professional, informative and gave good advices. They could not price match with the competitor but they were able to reduce the price that we are happy with and Daniel helped us with the decision on the inverter. The installation went promptly without any problem and I also happy with customer service. I have recommended to few friends and one of them installed with Smart Energy Answers.

Happy Customer

Very impressed with the installation quality, and the customer service.
From start to finish this was a very efficient and hassle free service

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Smart Energy was excellent in all respects.

All of the above were positive. I choose Smart Energy supplier because-
- They were quick to respond with a comprehensive proposal and the salesperson was very much across all aspects.
- The price was similar to the other (brief) quotes that I received.
- They provided a quick installation date.
- They advised a switch to AGL as my power supplier because of their very good feed in tariff and free solar meter.
- The installation crew were responsive to my suggestions (I am a retired Electrical Engineer).
- The installation was completed in one day and the general installation quality was very satisfactory.
- They assisted me post installation with the AGL meter installation etc.

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. My summer quarter bill shows a $85 credit.

I have recently entered the Ausgrid VPP trial with Evergen which pays a good price for extracting excess battery energy at peak power times.

Otherwise I get great interest in seeing how well the system performs. Today the report says that since inception in September 2020 it has done the equivalent of planting 62 trees or reduced CO2 emission by 2100 Kg!

Gives me a warm feeling!

Professional and knowledgeable consultant

The sale consultant was professional and knowledgeable. His mapping of the solar panels on the roof was excellent, catching both morning and afternoon sunlight. The quote is actually higher than the others, including removing of existing solar system. I went with them because they have very good reviews, and my brother also used them in the past. Initially was told that installation is in 3-6 weeks times, but they called a few days later and said the installation can be done next week. The installers are sub contractors not their employees.

The installers were polites. Removing of existing system and installation of the new system was completed in one day. However, the installers were very rough with the tiles. I found some broken tiles on the roof 2 days after the installation. I contacted SEA and they sent one of the installers to repaired the tiles the next day.

Two and half weeks later, the inspector came and turned on the solar. The solar has been running for 2 days now. All looking good.

So far so good

Sales / quoting process was good.
Installation went well but was an issue with battery inverter that took a few weeks to fully resolve - there was good customer service follow-up but apparently was a new version of the battery that had a few teething problems.

Excited about the system to be installed

A big picture, long-term approach helped us make the decision to install panels + battery now. We liked the options we were exposed to with the battery - a smaller modular one, a larger one, and that there were quality award-winning batteries aside from Tesla Powerwall available. The quote came through quickly and we were given time and space to consider it. Our consultant was happy to spend time discussing with my partner as well and answering all questions, I think we spent a total of 5 hours alone just discussing and having our questions answered before committing to anything. After paying the deposit the installation and admin team were both in touch very quickly. Installation hasn't taken place only because we are renovating, and both our builder and the installation team agree it's best to install after the roof after it's been washed even though the panels /brackets can withstand the process. We are also looking into an EV in the next 1-2 years so a battery makes sense now to be done with installation once.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Excellent installer. Good advice before and during the installation process. Fantastic follow-up.

I was referred to Smart Energy Answers by my sister after her good experience with them.

The consultant was excellent, had good responses to my questions and was happy to offer several options for size and quality of panels.
If anything, they were reluctant to put as much solar on as I was looking for but we did eventually talk them up to the size of install I wanted. I went with a 15.99kW system using Hyundai 390W panels and SolarEdge inverters with optimisers. For that size I needed 2 inverters since the largest they have is a 10kW inverter.

The installer was competent and punctual. He was booked during the torrential downpour that happened in Sydney earlier this year and found days here and there to get everything done without any delays. He and his apprentices were always courteous and thoughtful when working around my house.

In the month since the install I have been contacted twice to check how things are going and to make sure I am happy with the new system. The first time I commented that the SolarEdge monitoring software wasn't working properly and they organised to have an electrical engineer come out to look at it. It turns out that it sorted itself out within a week so the engineer wasn't necessary.

Erg Energy installed the system and did a fantastic job

Great personalised service

We chose SEA as they were the only company that offered a salesperson coming to our site for the initial consultation. The salesperson was excellent-well informed and passionate about his job. Their pricing was also competitive.

Only complaints were with with installation: the installer didn’t grind all the tiles down where the brackets were installed (except for one really obvious one that I brought to his attention). Have informed SEA, but still waiting two weeks later. To be fair, it has been raining and the roof hasn’t leaked, bit I’d still like it fixed! Also, the rails the panels are mounted on weren’t trimmed back to the panel edges-they protrude 150 mm or so. Not a functional issue, but better if it was tidied up.

Tilts or no tilts

The design and quote process through Smart Energy Answers was well explained and straight forward.
The design provided for the panels to be mounted on tilt frames on my flat roof, which I was told was standard. However the kit provided to the installers did not include tilt frames so the panels were mounted flat. The installers thought this would not compromise the efficiency of the system and I ended up with a refund for the cost of the frames. Still, I should have been notified of the changed design prior to installation.
The installers were punctual, polite and efficient.
Follow up service was good, the instruction manual supplied was comprehensive and easy to follow.

Up & running for 1 week now

After many months of wondering & researching, I found the professional and plain speaking staff at S.E.A to be just what I needed. Past customer reviews were extremely positive, and I’d have to say I have no concerns throughout the process.
The design and components ( panels & inverter) are said to be of a very high standard with extensive warranties on the components & the workmanship. Once we had agreed on the design & the price, The courteous & efficient installation team of 3 were on site. 5 hrs later - & it was all done & the sun was supplying my power needs.
That was less than a wk ago. So far, so very very good!!!!

Grateful to Solar Quotes.

A standard for "working from home" needs to be set. The sales rep. that I dealt with must have worked in a tiny room which results in "hollow" sounds as they/he/she/other spoke. Very unprofessional! The rep was OK to variations I suggested and all went well until install day when the skies opened and only the inverter and cables could be installed and that because I had to insist the inverter not be on outside west wall but installed in garage. The install team were good - polite, tidy and punctual on their return visit several days later due to weekend intervening.. My gripe is that as I am not tech savvy, I did not understand how to use the inverter app. There is a video on SEA site but I wish the boss installer had set it up for me.
I am still waiting for new meter nearly 4 weeks so far after SEA info for Electricity supplier got lost and only because I asked supplier when they will come did the info get re-sent.
I am glad most other people have trouble -free installs according to reviews.

Simple process, attentive to my asks and efficient to install

Smart Energy answers took the trouble to have an onsite quote - as asked. the Quote was tailored to my needs and installation was earlier than expected and completed with no fuss.

Quality system

Good service. Punctual. The only installer who came to site to review the installation beyond using near maps.
The system options quoted were the quality I desired.
There was a problem after the initial install but importantly for me they reviewed and came back quickly to correct the issue.
Over all a good experience and I would recommend Smart Energy Answers.

Installation took over a week and still has minor outstanding issue. Finance arrangements through business and credit provider was appalling. Misinformation from both parties advising interest rates and payments. Still being sorted some three weeks after installation

Great team installing the solar panels

The installation went perfectly and I am happy with them. They were very professional on the day and the installation looks neat. Will be adding a battery in soon.

My only issue was that I had to follow up to get an installation date after the promised initial “2-3 weeks” passed without being contacted.

I also had to follow up my energy provider myself to let them know I am now connected to solar (and therefore start my FIT). This should have been the installation company.

Excellent Service from Smart Energy Answer

We had no doubt Smart Energy Answers really cared about us when we applied for the Solar Panel System. They were extremely helpful to find out the correct Solar Panels and Inverter for us when we told her our needs at the beginning. Also, we highly appreciate their approach and techniques throughout the process! Could not recommend it highly enough. Thanks, SEA and all others!

Original Review on 15-07-2020:

Prompt and efficient service

The sales consultant was knowledgeable and spent time discussing all options. The quote was guaranteed price and had performance expectations written down.

I was lucky to get an installation date very close to booking. Installation was on time, clean, and high quality. The system is connected to the grid and up and running in 4 weeks.

Any questions, follow ups I had were dealt quickly and respectfully. Happy to spend a bit extra for the quality of install and service.

8 months later we asked Ali: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has been performing well and exceeding the numbers in system performance guarantee. The installer has also checked in after 3 months or so to check it there were any complaints.

Original Review on 10-07-2020:

DC optimiser install

Not a straight forward install. East west orientation with shading issues. Sales personnel knowledgeable and helpful. Installation personnel very competent and did quality job. Original ratings

8 months later we asked James: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Smart Energy Answers

Positive: Customer service team was responsive prior to installation and replied to emails promptly.
I got Canadian Solar panels with a Sungrow invertor. The system works well.
No issue with Ember Pulse smart meter. It is a handy tool to monitor the consumption.
The installer was punctual with professional manner.

Negative: The sales person told me that I cannot install more than 16 panels because of limited roof space but on installation day the installer said that there is enough space for 2 more panels.
It took 5 months from the initial deposit to installation in Victoria. The sales person told me that they will start the installation after stage 4 lock down, he did not mention that it will be 5 months after it.
On installation day, an internal wall was damaged as the installer drilled a hole too deep in the meter box. I sent photos to SMA but nothing has been done about it after a month.

Very informative, carried out the installation in a professional manner

Sea carried out the installation on the 11th of February, the long delay was down to my computer having issues and the nbn dropping out. As such the consultancy had to carried out by mobile.

Very professional from sales to installation to after sales.

The salesman was very professional and answered all my queries. In situations where he couldn't quite answer technical queries, I was put onto an engineer for a thorough explanation. The salesman was never pushy and I was provided with options.

The installation occurred on time and the installers were very professional. The installation was very tidy and I was happy with the end result.

After installation Smart Energy Answers organised connection to the grid with my electricity provider. I also received a follow up call a couple of weeks after installation to make sure everything was going well.

Roof tiles not ground

Installed 22 panels, the roof tiles were not ground for the brackets as per Clean Energy Council installation guidelines. Asked the installation team on the day and they said it wasn't necessary and could put silcone sealant on some of the tile gaps if I was concerned about water leaks during storms. Subsequently called Smart Energy Answers to complain and after some discussion, they sent back someone to do the tile grinding.

My advice is regardless of which installer you use, get up on a ladder after the job is complete and ensure this has been done. I understand from speaking with industry players that it is a time-consuming process so some installers choose to skip it.

Great with good backup

Quoting was very competitive instillation wasexpertly done by the team and evan came back on the saturday to do more work to the electrics because he wasnt satisfied with computer side of setup

Excellent service and professional installation and set up. Arrived on time and efficiently installed the system and expalined the workings of it.

All very professional and efficient.

Excellent service ,sales staff was helpful, polite, just waiting for smart meter to be installed

Everything went well and smoothly ,customer service was excellent, helpful, installations people were punctual and helpful,only waiting for smart meter to be installed.

Professional, knowledable and sincere

We felt there was a genuine desire to meet our specific needs and budget. We were given price and efficiency comparisons of our scenarios. They used local contractors to carry out the work. Installation of panels was ahead of schedule. The change of meter was held up by the energy provider and the Christmas period.

Good Install, after install service wasn't the best.

The sales quoting process was great, constant communications and back and forth until we landed on something they could do for the right price.

Install day went smoothly expect they weren't able to install the solar smart meter as the installer didn't know how / didn't have the right parts - i'm not sure which. This resulted in me having to follow up as customer service couldn't understand that part of the install was still to be completed until i emailed them pictures of the hole in my meter box. they still need to come back and install the meter which is booked in for next week.

Customer service is a bit hit and miss, but they do seem to try and help which is a big positive.

Grid connection was easy, they contacted AGL who updated my meter over the air within a few days.

Smart Energy

Recommended - good installation. Finished it in a day despite physical obstacles.

Solar Kaleen

I am very happy with the service and communication I have had to date
I would have no hesitation to recommend them to all my friends

Regards Eric

solar system complete

installation was very professional on time tidy completed in area i required

everything was organised through supplier just awaiting new metre to be installed

very happy with Smart Energy Direct

All expectations met and a few exceeded!

A smooth process where they have been more than happy to answer all my questions.
Turned up on time, completed the job on time and followed up to see how everything was going.

Original Review on 05-05-2020:

Good overall

The sales/quoting process was informative and compelling and the install efficient and went as planned. The grid connection process was completed smoothly and as described. A commitment to assist with the monitoring app was not fulfilled at the time of installation and has been time consuming although I expect it will be resolved. The responsiveness to follow-up with questions and any issues has been good at all levels and with respect to all aspects of the process. It is fair to say based on my experience that this company has a good process and is committed to customer satisfaction. Original ratings

Hi, Alan! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a positive review and for choosing us to be your solar energy system provider. We're thrilled to know that we're able to deliver such great customer service experience all throughout the process as what we aspire to convey to all our customers. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed well overall with the exception of the issue described above.

Overall very pleased.

System is operating as hoped and information about the installation was timely and helpful.

Not installed yet. Very disappointed with customer service.

Purchased in October and still have not been installed. Very poor communication. Initially, they promised 3-4 weeks for installation. They are blaming covid for delay but they should have told me that when I signed up. I’m very disappointed and will be enquiring elsewhere.

Excellent service from start to finish.

Smart Energy Answers provided us with first class service. The sales and quoting process was carried out in a prompt, professional and helpful manner, with the salesman friendly and approachable at all times.
The installation happened in a fast timeframe, with the installers able to accommodate my request for an early start on the morning in question. They were entirely professional throughout, and left the place tidy at the end. The instructions for operating the system and app were clear and concise.
Customer service has also been professional and helpful.
We couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Smart Energy Answers, and have recommended them to various colleagues also considering solar installations.