Smart Energy Answers Reviews

Based on 108 reviews Aus Ranking

About Smart Energy Answers, Solar Installers

Smart Energy Answers
Platinum Partner
Smart Energy Answers is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

With over 8 years of experience in the solar energy field, Smart Energy Answers brings together the knowledge and professionalism to provide you with the highest quality energy solutions for your individual needs.

Smart Energy Answers has an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specifically trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

They have in-house Clean Energy Council (CEC) accredited installation teams and CEC accredited designers and engineers, and their MD Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

Smart Energy Answers is a certified installer of Sonnen and LG Chem Batteries, Flex Powerplay Solutions, Schneider Electric Push Home Automation and Tesla Powerwall.

Smart Energy Answers Solar Reviews

Detailed consultation, high quality product and strong customer service

- Quotation involved a home visit with an in-depth discussion about my house suitability, as well as energy and financial objectives. The consultant was a highly knowledgeable technical expert, rather than just a salesperson.
- Follow-up quotation was detailed and provided two main options, but it could have been presented more professionally as a documented quote, including terms and conditions, rather than the email quote I received. The consultant was also hard to follow up with to answer questions as I understand he was very busy doing other home visits. Perhaps this could have been handed over to the in-house customer service team for a more efficient process.
- Installation went smoothly and the accredited installer explained the whole process well. The only issue was that dust from drilling into the wall was not swept up afterwards.
- Follow-up customer service was very good. They helped me with several issues I had with my home wiring and the meter upgrade process with the installer. They also came out (free of charge) to inspect a panel that I mistakenly thought was damaged (it turned out to be an optical illusion caused by water on the panel after rain). These were not issues caused by the installer, but they were nonethelss very helpful in resolving them.
Daniel was professional and knew what he was talking about. Service was excellent, explained the different types of configurations I could get. The installer came on time and they were efficient in getting everything done, when i asked if i could move the inverter to another location (not next to the meter box as it will cook) - no problem at all. Show additional information
Still having teething issues with the system however the installer is working through these problems as we speak. Show additional information
Installation was so quick that we’re still waiting for our smart meter!

Everyone I dealt with, from John Tagliano who came and discussed options at our home, to the guys installing, were wonderful to deal with.

Quality with professionalism

Very punctual & polite. Listened to our requirements and were able to do installation in the way we wanted. Show additional information
I obtained quotes from 14 solar installer companies ultimately choosing SMART Energy Answers (SEA), whose NSW headquarters is located at Parramatta Road, Auburn.

SEA was one of a number of companies recommended by Solar Quotes, a mine of information on solar, thanks Finn!

I was immediately impressed by SEA’s energy specialist and consultant, Daniel Kim, whose comprehensive knowledge and expertise was formidable. His SEA quote for a well-thought out, high-quality 13.1 kW system was very reasonable and less expensive than many inferior-quality quotes of other installers.

The owner and managing director of SEA, Sam Husband, is a no-nonsense, hands-on bloke, who solved my old 3KW non-functioning solar panel system with a new inverter and enabled me to change from a relatively expensive Elgas hot water system to a highly efficient Stiebel Eltron WWK 302 hot water heat pump. The Stiebel Eltron installers placed the pump in a much better position than that used by Elgas, ensuring virtually-instant hot water throughout our large house, instead of having to wait 20 secs for hot water, as was the case with the Elgas system. The cost of running the Stiebel Eltron is zilch, as the electricity is generated from the solar panels.

SEA’s Admin and Scheduling Manager, Joe Liberale, ensured a quick start to the solar installation, which was smoothly carried out in a day-and-a-half, despite inclement weather, by SEA’s very efficient team of knowledgeable, young installers.

My new system comprises 41 REC 320 watt solar panels, with SolarEdge optimizers, arranged over the North, East and West facing roofs to ensure good solar reception throughout the day. From about 6.30am in the East to 5pm in the West, the sun so-far has provided a late-Autumn average of 37.7 kWh from my combined system through the SolarEdge SE10000H inverter, much of which gets exported to the grid for a feed-in tariff payment to me. My system enables full monitoring through the SolarEdge web app showing solar production, home consumption, electric energy imported from the grid, and electric energy exported to the grid in a colour-coded hour-by-hour graph as well as through numerical data. Moreover, the SolarEdge monitoring app provides a layout of the instantaneous power through each of the 41 solar panels, so it is easy to check whether everything is working ok.

Basit Ali, the Tech Support and Operations Manager, provided me with a comprehensive user manual for my newly-installed system covering system details and expected performance, equipment supplied, an electrical diagram, system operation general description, shutdown & maintenance procedures and schedules, trouble shooting guide, equipment manufacturers’ documentation, warranty information, PV Array mounting system certification, installation and commissioning checklist, and the installers and designers declaration of compliance. Additionally, Basit was very helpful in answering all the queries I had simply and promptly.

In short, I can wholeheartedly recommend this professional team of experts for a really top-notch solar solution, which fully lives up to the company name, SMART Energy Answers.

Always available, superb customer service!

From day one when SME consultant Oren visited our home the the customer service was outstanding. He was always available to answer any questions and put a lot of effort and attention into keeping us happy and up to date. The installers were very professional and friendly and did a quality installation. Our panels are producing the power that we expected and we're now waiting for our energy provider to install a smart meter.
I cannot fault Smart Energy Answers in any aspect of the way that they run their business and have no doubt at all that any follow up help will be forthcoming if required. Thank you guys.- Tom.

Friendly Solar Installer

I heard the solar system but I don't fully understand how it works and what system equipment are good and suitable to my house. The SMART Energy Answers consultant was very helpful and told me the info in details. The installation arrangement was quick and efficient, besides the installers were very friendly and the system was completed neatly. The after service is good although I have encountered a little communication problem in the portal setup. Show additional information

Great service and installation. Very professional

Very good company to do business with. The installation went without a hitch. Very satisfied Show additional information

Highly Recommended

Very friendly, happy to do multiple quotes for me for different sized systems and different products to compare. Great communication throughout. Installation team were punctual and friendly. Quick to answer questions after installation and guide me through grid connection and claiming my rebate. Highly recommended. Show additional information
I am waiting for the rebate to begin again for installation. Show additional information
I got a call from Smart Energy Answers (SEA) after I searched for solar providers on a solar system aggregate website. SEA was the third company that contacted me. When the sales tech John came to our place for a site visit and provided preliminary design, I already had received quotes from two other providers. I have done research, and the biggest issue is with the installation and support after the installation. John explained the product, system, and installation process in great detail and answered all my questions patiently.

Even though SEA was about $250 more expensive than the other quotes (different panel and inverter, so not comparable, but even if it is comparable, I would spend more money on the good service SEA provides), I decided to go with SEA because of John's professionalism and the trust that was built.

In less than a week, the system was installed. The installation was very professional. SEA brought in replacement tiles and even fixed existing tile leaks. The electricians did a fantastic job. The electrician made sure that the system was working before leaving the site. SEA sent the request to my energy company advising them of the solar system installation and sent me the design and maintenance details on the same day.

I had an issue with the Powerplay App not displaying the solar generation correctly. The support was more than helpful in trying to resolve my issue. The support team responded to my concern within 24 hours and contacted the manufacturer and sent electrician onsite to tweak the system. The App issue was resolved in less than 48 hours. The operation of the solar system was not affected; it was working and providing solar power since the installation. The support team even asked me to send screenshots to them to make sure that my App was working fine and advised that they will be able to monitor my system distantly.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the whole process and have recommended friends and colleague who are interested in getting a solar system to order from SEA. I highly recommend SEA to any reader of this post as well.
Sales and installation staff friendly and professional. I would recommend them to my friends. Show additional information
First of all I think your website site is excellent in providing information on Solar, thank you.
Solar Energy Anwsers have been reasonable to deal with however they failed to notice that my meter box was in a no-compliant condition after they had installed the panels and inverter which held up the whole installation, they should check all meter boxes to make shaw it can take solar before they hand out quotes.
Still waiting for app for phone! Show additional information
Fantastic in the sense that they responded in a timely manner to all questions, requests and follow - up support. In general, however, I would have to say that the whole process is a bit like going down a dark tunnel, not idea what to expect at every turn. for example once signed up, each stage of the process handled by a different person and in their own timing, as with follow up inspections, contacting Electricity supplier etc, not to mention all the steps /paperwork involved in the rebate. Show additional information
8kw system (24 x Sunpower E327 panels and Fronius 8.2-1 inverter including 5 TiGo power optimisers for winter shadeline).

What I liked:

* Generous 2 hour onsite consultation which asked our needs, explained options, industry trends, and long term considerations. Very knowledgeable and strategic thinker.
* introduction to Sunpower panels and explanation of the difference between quality panels, in particular degradation of panels over time, and factoring this into the overall cost of a system
* Overall a professional install that has worked seamlessly without issue in the first few months.
* Accurate estimate of expected output

I wish:

* Price still feels quite high compared to some other offers
* Customer service post install is quite slow to respond. Feels like this is done in their spar time when not doing installs, and they are very busy doing installs
* The inverter included an aesthetic shade box, as inverter gets morning sun, and can overheat on very hot days. Also worried LCD screen on inverter will fade within a year.
* I had chosen SolarEdge so I could have individual panel monitoring. When system is not performing as well as I would expect, I have no idea why, despite having read all your articles, which offers many reasons why.
The installation was quick and efficient, the follow up paperwork, no so. It has taken three weeks to get some of the legal requirements finalised. Show additional information
Couldn't fault them, to date, great customer service, very quick, good communication. Not yet connected to the grid (that's for Ausnet to do). Show additional information
GOOD - Daily output seems to be slightly higher than forecasted average for a system my size so I am grateful they suggested the components I eventually went with

GOOD - Installation work was top notch, Installers explained every step of the install to me, this alone made up slightly for the marginally higher purchase price

Not so GOOD - still questioning the installers use of a single phase inverter vs 3 phase, Energy provider installer of Smart Meter advised this was a poor decision - remains to be seen if it was or wasn't

Have not yet had a full quarter of billing to determine what the ROIC will be
There is a performance anomaly that we are currently arguing about, and I keep getting seem rolled.
I have SolarEdge optimisers and 5kW inverter and 17 x 315W sunpower panels in 3 groups thus;
9 panels on a flat roof, no shadowing
4 panels facing E at 10°, wall to W produces complete shadow from 0% @ 14:00 to 100% @ 16:00
4 panels facing E at 33°, same wall to W produces complete shadow from 0% @ 11:45 to 100% @ 13:45

On12/3/19, under zero cloud the system gets to full power 3.5kW @11:15, then drops to 2.3kW @ 11:45 before there is ANY overshadowing and the 33° panels are slightly better than 45° from perpendicular to the sun's rays.
After that, there is a much more gradual drop in power as the 2 adjacent E facing 4-panel groups go into shadow one after the other.
To me, as an engineer, the 1.2kW drop over 30 minutes should not occur. And the responses from the previously garrulous Norman Kozlowski have become rather terse. It seems the "optimisers" are stealing about 2kWh a day, and I'm getting no answers.
These guys were the most expensive, however they were the most professional and skipped all of the usual sales BS that the other excelled in Show additional information
Smart Energy answers were the only one of the 3 recommended installers who both personally visited and submitted a written quote. Norman was a very knowledgeable and engaged sales person.

Installation was a little rushed (they underestimated the complexity due to installation team not visiting beforehand). Some quality fit and finish issues on cable conduits. Also, did not program physical layout of SolarEdge inverter, so I can't use the function to see which physical solar panels are getting best performance.

Actual system performing extremely well despite our complex roof configuration on an inner city terrace. LG 360W panels with SolarEdge inverter and optimisers. Love the detailed reporting from the SolarEdge monitoring portal and App.

Regularly getting peak performance of 4.5 to 5KW in middle of the day and total system performance from 25-30KWh a day depending on weather. Very good given tree shading issues and different roof angles.

Would recommend Smart Energy, they just need to slow down and take a bit more time on complex projects.
Smart Energy Answers were efficient in all respects - from initial contact through installation & followup Show additional information
I'm very satisfied with their service and products. Show additional information
My Solar Edge Converter is over 24hrs installed and is not working. No one knows why yet but I had to contact the electrician to get him to hurry the process up. No solar energy yet but it all looks good. Show additional information
There was very little to tell the 3 providers apart as they had similar products, prices etc. The thing that got us over the line with Smart Energy Answers was that they sent a sales person out to our house. This meant that we were able to discuss it together (my husband, salesperson and me) and consider different options - requesting prices for different combinations. Smart Energy Answers were good - no complaints. Show additional information
I rated customer service as 4 [good] rather than fantastic because I’m waiting for 6 more panels to be installed. Out of the 30 panels contracted, 24 panels for installed as the supplier / installer ran out of stock. I’ve promised the missing panels to arrive within a month to complete the installation. Overall I am very satisfied. The system is top notch, and the installation went smoothly and the people I’ve dealt with have been friendly, helpful, and top. Show additional information
Very satisfying. Installers very professional in all aspects--friendly attitude, pleasant and co-operative, on time start and leader of group remained after team had left to repair and strengthen one of the roof ridges which a previous roof tiler had damaged. Team members were most willing to explain various aspects of the installation and answered all my questions willingly and patiently. Also the original salesperson/consultant was efficient, friendly, professional and informative from beginning to end and I look forward to dealing with the company and would highly recommend them to family and friends. Show additional information
Great system and overall every quote for a system above 5kw was $9000 + which went against estimates online etc. Show additional information
I haven't down-rated Quality of System or Customer Service for any reason other than I don't feel I've had enough experience to know for sure yet. The system components are all top rated so hopefully it will prove to be fantastic and customer service has been absolutely fine so far but I haven't had to call on it for anything significant. Show additional information
I can strongly recommend Smart Energy Answers, I had a great experience using this provider. I had my system installed across 2 different roofs which was a rather complicated setup. Norman and Sam with team did a great job installing the system. It looks fantastic and the system is working perfectly. Strongly recommended if you are after a serious and professional provider! Show additional information
Only company to come to site to quote. Our home has some significant difficulties with installation. Good installers,broke a few tiles, thankfully had enough spares, Sam Husband did the inverter install and is clearly very experienced.
Overall pretty happy.