Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers Reviews

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Reviewers report paying: $3,200 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Smart Energy Answers Reviews (416)

4.4/5

Very professional and customer focused

On route from first enquiry to SEA (Smart Energy Answers) through to the end of the project to install solar at my home in the ACT, I had the opportunity to interact with a sales person, the Director of Operations, the installation organiser, the team who did the installation, technical support and several others. Everyone responded to any enquiry I had (via email mostly) immediately and all were focused on customer needs and satisfaction.

I got answers from this group about aspects of the technology, the multi-step procedure and the work required for a solar installation, that I did not get elsewhere. This was a 36 panel PV array based on Enphase micro inverters.

On the day, the installation team included younger workers through to experienced staff all having pride in their work and keen to please and explain to the customer (me). The person in charge (who was a very good electrician) explained what was happening and answered any question I had. I am an electrical engineer and had questions I did not get answered in my recent study of solar, that were answered clearly and in detail.

SEA managed all the paper work with third parties including the ACT Brighte loan scheme and organising with my electricity supply company for conversion to a smart meter for grid-connected bi-directional power monitoring.

The quote from SEA was close to other quotes but they clearly exhibited themselves as a well organised customer focused business from the outset.

SOLARQUOTES/Finn Peacock and his staff and his website were instrumental in introducing me to solar, assisting me with how to analyse my needs, the understand of the technology and in recommending very reputable companies from who I sought quotes. Without Finn's company and how it facilitates the process of getting solar, this would have been a much more daunting task.

All up, this was a great experience.

Trevor

Informed and smooth process, good communication, considerate installation team

The whole process started with Solarquotes, then a detailed consultation with an energy consultant from SEA who was knowledgeable, passionate about solar and understanding of our needs and concerns. We did not feel pressured to purchase the system so there was some delay between initial quote and decision to go ahead - our consultant continued to provide advice with all the subsequent questions after the initial consultation; it was great to be able to continue the conversation with the same consultant. Following the decision to install the recommended system, experience with the finance team was straightforward; scheduling was well communicated and installation was completed in a considerate and timely manner (the installation team was organised and diligent, left the place spotless and communicated respectfully. A couple of panels had to be placed on a different part of the roof as a skylight was not picked up by the google view - this was discussed before proceeding, and the installation of the battery and inverter was completed neatly). Application for grid connection was submitted immediately after installation and that went smoothly too. We would recommend the SEA team.

Top notch product and installation team

They were the most expensive quote, but we chose a quality system and the installation was top notch.
- The sales team were knowledgeable and patient with all my questions.
- We had to move the installation date multiple times due to bad weather, they were responsive and had us booked in promptly.
- We were very impressed with the installers professionalism and experience; They even moved the whirly bird to have a configuration.
- The aftersales service was friendly and prompt, guiding us through getting connected to the grid, when our provide had what they required but needed pushing along.

Review Smart Energy Answers

Sales were great and very informative. Installation a bit disorganised and extremely slow and the after sales service needs improving. This shouldn’t detract from getting the system as it’s a great system.

Highly recommended

Great service. Dealing with Smart Energy Answers was stress free from the quote stage and very smooth all the way to the installation day. They communicated clearly, the whole way through. I would definitely recommend

Professional Partner

I would highly recommend Smart Energy Answers (SEA) to any family considering installing a solar system to their home. Among the confusing multitude of solar installers in Sydney, I found SEA to stand out for the professionalism, knowledge and friendly efficiency of its staff. At the beginning of the process its energy consultants spent time explaining the different technology options available and how the systems actually work--very helpful for a novice like me. Once we signed the contract, the installation and administration staff could not have been more supportive. While the heavy rains in Sydney in February and March inevitably led to delays in installation, the SEA team regularly kept me informed of their availability and were flexible in finding convenient times to complete the job. A special shout out to the installer crew for working in tough conditions. I would not hesitate to recommend SEA to friends and family.

Very happy with the whole process

Very happy with SEA. They came and properly checked the roof and shading issues, there was no pressure to go for a larger system and Rob listened to what we wanted out of the system

We felt they tailored the system to exactly what we wanted, rather than trying to sell lots of panels.

He explained all about the inverter options etc and what he informed me matched my research.

The install was on schedule and there were no surprises on the day. The system is working flawlessly and SEA have made contact more than once to check that I am satisfied.

Professional and customer centric solar installers

- During the sales and quoting phase, the team were very accommodating of my questions, design choices and gave me confidence
- After securing my deposit, I found the customer service to be responsive and helpful throughout - including that I needed to delay the install for a few weeks while I address some other home repairs.
- Installation was done in one day with the team working hard to ensure I was accommodated in terms of handover of the system and the ability to keep working from home throughout.

Professional Service

The quote was on-site. The SEA consultant maintained good communication about the timing and process. He was punctual, did a detailed inspection of the house and presented a good solar/battery solution.

The installers were punctual, informative, neat and made a very crafted installation.

SEA head office maintained good communication during the whole process. It also has provided good follow up after the install.

Original Review on 03-07-2021:

Very efficient crew installed the system. All workmen pleasant and friendly, able to answer any questions in language a nontechnical person could understand. Highly recommend

A salesperson made an appointment for a visit. He was a it late but had notified me he in advance.

He was knowledgeable and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. The installation was so efficient, I was very impressed. Had a little trouble at the end connecting to the internet but this was finally achieved. It was great that a local person was in charge. The crew were punctual, there was no mess left afterwards, all the crew were polite . The customer service has equally been of the highest quality. They have organised the grid connections and I am currently waiting for the installation of a smart meter.

9 months later we asked Roger: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has not generated as much energy as expected but this is due to the unseasonably wet and overcaste conditions. Also return on investment has been affected by energy provider lowering the price we sell to grid, so it will take longer to pay off. Environmentally I'm happy with the system.

Very professional from quoting to installation.

Very professional and personable team. The customer service and communication was great and the installation team was polite, clean and very professional. Very happy.

Easy process and great customer service

Very easy process and efficient, customer service was excellent and installers were clean and efficient

Great system advice. Flawless install.

Very happy with SEA. They came and properly assessed the roof and shading issues (unlike some) which lead to recommending a smaller system than I’d anticipated.
Some installers just wanted to sell me the maximum amount of panels, even placing them in impossible locations.

I felt the advice that SEA gave was best for me rather than profit maximising for themselves.

They offered several options of panel and inverter combinations and clearly articulated the merits of each choice.

Great work

Streamline process. Promised would be installed before Christmas and delivered on that promise. Installers took 2 days as it was a big job but was done well. We have been very happy with system so far

Extremely happy with the installation from SEA - 6.2kW QCells, SolarEdge 5kW Inverter/Ev Charger, Aplha ESS B3-Smile, 5.04kWh battery

The SEA sales agent, Rob, was fantastic. Really knowledgeable and not pushy at all, a pleasure to deal with. After considering several other companies, and several system options from SEA, I was happy to go ahead and put a deposit down.

The installation process was extremely smooth by Sam and his team, and the panels and inverter were installed and functional within a single day. The battery commissioning had to wait another 3 days due to staff shortages but came online with no issues. Initial problems with the EV charging rate and maintaining a connection to the SolarEdge app were resolved by two site visits from Dave, and therefore I am confident to say that the technical support by SEA is first rate. If you have any issues with your system they will come out to resolve as soon as possible, which may even be the same day.

Unfortunately I had to wait close to three months after paying a deposit to have the system installed. I think this was due to SEA being in high demand towards the end of the year, as well as the Christmas shutdown and COVID disruptions. Which are all completely reasonable explanations, and although I had other companies that claimed to be able to do the installation within a week, I remain pleased I waited for SEA. Another minor negative was that I had to chase the finance office to process a refund for an inverter cover which wasn't required and the $250 SEA ambassador voucher, however this was no big deal as everything was resolved within 3 weeks after installation. All the paperwork to have the net energy meter activated was also sorted out fairly quickly by SEA. Overall I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending SEA to anyone looking to install solar.

In terms of the system, I'm am extremely happy with the system and its performance after the first month of use. The 16 north-facing QCells Maxx-G3 390w panels are performing very well (I wish we could fit more!). The 5Kw SolarEdge inverter and monitoring app are also fantastic, and the system has produced a daily average of 25kWh in a very wet February. I am very pleased with the ability to charge the EV using solar only, or at a maximum rate of 7kW using battery/grid support boost option.

The 5.04kWh Alpha ESS B3-Smile battery has performed well so far and has resulted in 89% self-sufficiency. We are adding another 5.04kWh module to ensure this is closer to 100% for the nights we run the A/C. The Alpha monitoring app is basic but functional. The monitoring dropped out but after re-configuring the WiFi settings is was re-instated and is now stable. We have also joined a VPP and are now receiving a very favourable feed in tariff, which will likely result in our electricity bill being reduced from $400/qt to an estimated $100 credit.

In summary, I highly recommend SEA, they have provided a quality installation at a fair price, and their after sales support for the system has been great. I am confident they will honour the 10-year workmanship guarantee and 5-year whole-of-system warranty on the system.

Original Review on 29-06-2021:

SE Answers did everything for me.

Office & installation staff efficient & professional throughout entire process. Provided guidance & support with paperwork. I'll call them to install battery when prices improve. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System installed June 2021. Jan & Feb electricity bill was$4.89cr.
I did note that when Ausnet worked in our area the power was unavailable from my rooftop.

Great system and installation. Shame about the after sales service.

All of the sales, presales and installation was punctual and satisfactory. The system is rated at 8.5 KW but I have seen it getting up to 9.2 KW. So very happy with the system so far. However, after the installation it took many phone calls over 6 weeks to get someone to fix my consumption meter which was giving incorrect results. It turned out to be a 5 minute job to replace a bad connection. Also I had to chase them up after 3 months to send me a $250 cash back card which was part of the original deal. In terms of the quality of the system and pre sales work I would recommend them, but, they really need to sort out the after sales service.

Great onstallers

Very happy with the entire process of installation. Very knowledgeable and experienced people on the job in all departments - Sales. Installation and customer service. Highly recommended.

Easy process

The whole process was fairly simple and straight forward. Installation people did a great job!
Thank you!

Installation had to take place over three days due to bad weather. The communication and service was clear and respectful.

Detailed quoting process and very prompt answers to my further questions
Installation - on time, polite, very clear communication, customer service - everything taken care of for me. Post installation issue rectified immediately.

Professional and expert service from start to finish. Very happy

The experience was smooth from the outset and continued to be outstanding throughout. The design met our complex location requirements as well. Communication with the Smart Energy team was excellent. Everything was explained extremely clearly. The installation team and electrician were wonderful. They did a great job and left everything really tidy. All in all, I am really very happy. Wish I had done this earlier. Thanks to Solar Quotes for giving me the confidence to make this shift to Solar.

Installation easy - friendly sales team

Earlier installation than initial estimated date -good. Chose Smart Energy over over quotes as sales person assured they used their own installers / own staff rather than contractors, however the installer was a contractor!
Was quoted for Qcell panels but informed prior to installation - panel to be installed was different from the quote - as there was a delay in panels arriving in the country.

Great system installed by Great Team

- It was fortunate to have quotes from Smart Energy Answers (SEAs) after signing up for quotes from solarquotes.com.au. A thorough consultation from Nabil (salesperson) was informative, which easily made me to go with SEAs despite other companies' quotes. After that, SEAs took care of everything pretty well with effective communication with punctuality. Every staff that I've communicated with throughout the process was fantastic, punctual, friendly and most importantly professional in their expertise.

Happy to now have the solar system installed and seeing the power generation with expected efficiency is really reassuring that I made the right decision to go with SEAs. I would like to express my thanks to the SEAs team (Nabil, Rod, Juna, Tatiana and Sheryl).

Fantastic

Great work and amazing customer service. Would definitely recommend. The team was punctual, completed the job on time and the follow up after installation was amazing.

Difficult to get anyone from the company to contact

Sales person was knowledgeable but assertive, was only given a couple of days to make decision in order to catch the quoted price otherwise price was going to rise.

Once deposit paid, we heard nothing from the company despite many attempt to make contact with them about a schedule installation date, was beginning to look at my options of how to get out of the contract thinking I was being scammed. Finally got hold of the sales rep ( on Holidays) who pushed things along. Got 12 hour notice of installation which created a few issues with re-organising our day to be available. Installation guys were great, and installation went smoothly although not all the cells are lined up neatly ie: some sit high than others. Would have like the option of black brackets ( like neighbouring house) rather than silver as you can seem then sticking out either side of the panels and against a dark roof tile it looks very agricultural, will probably get up there and cut them back inline with the panel myself to try and improve the 'street appeal'.

Happy to now have the solar installed and seeing the power generation from the software is reassuring we made the right decision of having them installed.

Reasonable install

Sales and quoting required some back and forth to confirm details, and resulted in some miscommunication with installers.

Installers turned up punctually, and managed to complete the install despite periods of rain on the day. Installation is tidy.
Was quoted an additional $485 for consumption metering which seemed steep.

Installers tried to cut some corners by suggesting to reuse previous racking (which was to be removed and replaced with Clenergy racks), and attempted to only dismantle (but not dispose of) the previous faulty system.

Has taken some chasing to finalise a few things, including the SEA Ambassador program, and a refund for a sun-shade that wasn't required.

Due to being located 45 minutes outside of Canberra we paid ~$400 for travel time.

Very happy

I went with Smart Energy Answers after a recommendation from a friend.

Due to lockdown I did a phone consultation with Daniel and he was excellent, extremely knowledgeable and helped us get the best system for our needs.

Within a few weeks we had several tradesmen on our roof neatly and professionally installing our system. The whole system including the control box on the front of the house looks extremely neat with no ugly conduit visible.

So far our system has been reliable and has already generated lots electricity for us to use and sell back to the grid.

I’d recommend Smart Energy Answers to anyone.

They made it easy.

Smart Energy Answers made it really easy to have solar installed. They were well priced, friendly, organised all electrical connections and installations and have stayed in contact to make sure there have been no problems. I particularly appreciate the help they continue to provide with questions about the inverter - which is not, technically, their responsibility. Highly recommend them.

An easy installation

Smart Energy Answers were easy to deal with and the price was competitive.

The installation was undertaken with easy and the guys were informative about what they were doing, how the system worked and the next steps.

All in all we are very happy with our new solar panels.

Review of Smart Energy Answers

Sales/quoting was very good. Installation went very well with polite, helpful installers. Grid connection was organised. I only have praise for the overall work and recommend them

Straight-forward, no over-promising, timely service, quality installation.

System:
12 x 385W Q.MAXX Panels by QCELLS (15 year product and 25 year performance warranties)
Goodwe GW5000EH inverter (10 year product warranty offered through Smart Energy Solutions, ability to add a battery at some point)

Sales/quoting: Initial consultation was via video call with sales representative Shane. Listened to what we wanted and expected out of solar and worked through in a no pressure manner the various options, pros and cons. Able to answer detailed questions about the specifics of the installation.
Regarding the cost of the system, we were not eligible for Victorian rebate or loan, but eligible for federal credits.
Next step was design and there needed to be a change due to our roof type from initial quote to final design. Effort was made to contact and explain the reason for this change and the invoice adjusted accordingly. There were some delays with this (approx 1-2 weeks) likely due to increased workload as restrictions relaxed.

Installation: Booked in approx 1 month following initial quote. Installers were contractors, not employed directly by Smart Energy Solutions. They were punctual, professional, quality of work appears high and tidied up after. The electrician in charge set up the wifi connection and gave a safety shutoff rundown of the system.

Inspection: Approx 3 weeks following installation and was a quick process with no issues. System left on for use following inspection. Really happy with the daily kWh production so far, even on a cloudy day.

Grid connection: Currently awaiting finalising grid connection for feed-in tariff, will amend this review if there are any major issues with this process.

Overall a really good experience with a company that appears to be providing fair priced quality installs.

Having spent some time looking into energy usage options we are now going to change to an energy provider that carbon offsets any mains electricity and gas we use as well as using a yearly carbon offset scheme for our petrol car. With the solar panels covering most of our day-time usage and despite low feed-in tariffs, in 6 to 7 years we will essentially be cost neutral (having accounted for the cost of the system) and carbon neutral with our household energy and transport use. After 6 or 7 years we will be saving money and be carbon neutral (for daily energy/transport) with no change to our lifestyle - I encourage everyone to explore doing the same if you have the means.

Original Review on 04-04-2021:

Great personalised service

We chose SEA as they were the only company that offered a salesperson coming to our site for the initial consultation. The salesperson was excellent-well informed and passionate about his job. Their pricing was also competitive.

Only complaints were with with installation: the installer didn’t grind all the tiles down where the brackets were installed (except for one really obvious one that I brought to his attention). Have informed SEA, but still waiting two weeks later. To be fair, it has been raining and the roof hasn’t leaked, bit I’d still like it fixed! Also, the rails the panels are mounted on weren’t trimmed back to the panel edges-they protrude 150 mm or so. Not a functional issue, but better if it was tidied up.

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance wise, yes. My only complaint is with the MySolarEdge monitoring software. It under reports my production by about 30%. This under reporting is consistent to within 0.5%. My consumption is similarly under reported. This under reporting is relative to my actual meter readings. I have informed SEA, my installer nearly two weeks ago. There engineers are ‘investigating’. No satisfactory outcome as yet.

Great system at a competitive price

Very smooth sales process, polite and informative sales team. Installation went well, took a full day, make sure you have a few spare tiles kicking around. Still waiting for grid connection and I’m not sure we’ve got the monitoring system that was promised...

Happy customer.

It was a streamlined process with all of my questions answered very promptly. The customer service has been excellent. Very happy to recommend Smart Energy Answers to anyone looking for a quality Solar System.

Overall fine, and clear step by step process, slight delay due to lockdown. Straightforward installation with minor tricky situation.

Decided to go with them with the quotes in the middle of the range with good well know Q Cells and a hybrid Goodwe inverter. Sent all my photos and recent electricity bills and they process the quote and provide information to apply solar rebate. Once rebate is approved, there was a few weeks delay due to Covid restriction and had the installation rescheduled.

On installation day, the installers arrived within the estimated start time. Quickly went through where the cable gonna run, and had the inverter wired in the garage. There were 4-5 people working, so they started around 8:00am and finished at about 1:00pm. The only negative is one of the guys started to drill a hole for the DC cable to go into the garage at about waist level before asking me if that is ok. I was aghast as it looks ugly with pvc pipe running all the way from the roof to right at your vision level at the front of the house. Requested him to stop the drop cable piping near the ceiling of the entrance where it's not as obvious at eye level. Lucky it was consulted before a hole has been drilled through, however there's about 1cm deep of half drilled hole left in the bricks which looks like gonna have to be patched later with some mortar - hopefully Bunnings have a fix for this.

Solar panels were fitted 9 in the west and 7 in the east and they managed to avoid putting any behind my evap cooler that would have created shading - so a DC optimisers that was included in the quote ended up did not get used at all. They said they'll notify SEA to get the fees adjusted. Let's hope so.

After the install they help set me up with an account on Goodwe's SEM Portal and showed how it looks on the SEM Portal App. The next step is just have to wait for the inspector from the distributor which may take a few weeks before it can be fully turned on and utilised.

Original Review on 30-03-2021:

Tilts or no tilts

The design and quote process through Smart Energy Answers was well explained and straight forward.
The design provided for the panels to be mounted on tilt frames on my flat roof, which I was told was standard. However the kit provided to the installers did not include tilt frames so the panels were mounted flat. The installers thought this would not compromise the efficiency of the system and I ended up with a refund for the cost of the frames. Still, I should have been notified of the changed design prior to installation.
The installers were punctual, polite and efficient.
Follow up service was good, the instruction manual supplied was comprehensive and easy to follow.

8 months later we asked David: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very happy with the system installed. Solis inverter with WIFI monitoring has been trouble free. All we need is more sunshine.

Easy Process from start to finish. Quality Installation.

I emailed SMART to enquire about a quote and got a call back on the same day to book in a discussion / presentation. During the presentation with Aris via Google Meet, we discussed my requirements and what I am looking for based on my current electricity usage. Aris provided his expertise and recommended a 10kw system as one that best suits my family's needs. The meeting lasted for over 1 hour which I am very appreciative as Aris took his time to explain and answer my queries.

The quote provided was reasonable and in the same range as other solar providers. On the day of installation, the guys were very professional and courteous. They left the property spotless. I am very happy with the overall process and the end result.

Clear, generally good communication

Smart Energy Answers were by far the best communicators of the providers we sought quotes from. They also followed up in a timely way. There was a minor confusion about installation date, but generally the call centre and installers were easy to work with. The quote was the most thorough we got, dealing best with our shading issues.

SEA Solar System

The quoting process went smoothly & questions we had were explained well. The system was installed efficiently within a day & after a couple of issues related to our wifi coverage were resolved, SEA followed up with excellent after sales service. I would happily reccomend them for a battery solar system to anyone.

Fantastic installation and service

Thank you Darren and team for the fantastic installation, it is fast, and tidy. Were able to complete before it rains and all the conduits coming thru the wall and roof are sealed with silicon, all details are attended to. I need a smart meter upgrade and the team at SEA arranged it for me.

Original Review on 25-03-2021:

Grateful to Solar Quotes.

A standard for "working from home" needs to be set. The sales rep. that I dealt with must have worked in a tiny room which results in "hollow" sounds as they/he/she/other spoke. Very unprofessional! The rep was OK to variations I suggested and all went well until install day when the skies opened and only the inverter and cables could be installed and that because I had to insist the inverter not be on outside west wall but installed in garage. The install team were good - polite, tidy and punctual on their return visit several days later due to weekend intervening.. My gripe is that as I am not tech savvy, I did not understand how to use the inverter app. There is a video on SEA site but I wish the boss installer had set it up for me.
I am still waiting for new meter nearly 4 weeks so far after SEA info for Electricity supplier got lost and only because I asked supplier when they will come did the info get re-sent.
I am glad most other people have trouble -free installs according to reviews.

8 months later we asked Brian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm very happy with overall performance of my equipment selected with help of Solar Quotes recommendations.
I'm hoping that FIT will not reduce further as this will take edge off having solar installed. Battery costs have not reduced yet to consider their viability.

Great Experience!

Very positive experience dealing with Smart Energy Answers. Great communication and high quality installation. They are using good products and offering very reasonable prices for their service. I recommend it. Thanks!

Superior work done but incomplete

Long delay for installation of Madimack ( still o/s) even though promised on hand when we signed.

Still awaiting grid smart meter, etc..

Competitive price and quick installation

Very good service from consultation, quotation, installation to after sales.

Smart Energy Answers

Very organised. Great installer team. Would recommend to anyone interested in installation.

Very professional advice and install

Very professional. Talked us through every step of the process and made sure the setup was the way we wanted it.

Afterwards they helped with getting the grid connection sorted out, which was really helpful.

Professional installation and finished in 1 day

We had no doubt Smart Energy Answers really cared about us when we asked details for the Solar System to our house in Sydney. They were extremely helpful to find out the correct panels and inverter type for us when we told them our needs at the beginning. Also, we highly appreciate their approach and techniques throughout the selection process of Solar system. Last, but not least, I appreciate their after-sale customer service as well. Could not recommend highly enough. Thanks, Smart Energy Answers!

Good but could be improved.

The sale and quoting process was really good. SEA answered our many questions and described how the whole process would progress. Communication during the sales/quoting process was prompt and for the most part very clear. Installation occurred on the date set, installers were on time, friendly and were tidy. Communication during the installation could have been better and I think the installation process would have benefited from an on-site inspection prior to installation. Following the installation, there was very poor communication with regard to the paper work and obtaining a signature for the transfer of the STCs to a third party.

Also following installation, we thought we would be able to monitor the solar production, consumption, import and export of electricity using the SolarEdge app. However, with this particular model we are only able to monitor production from our solar panels. It turns out the ability to monitor consumption, import and export of electricity would have cost us an additional $650.

I was impressed with the whole operation from sales to installation and follow up tech support with the app.

all good and yes my review is longer than 10 words but it keeps sending this back and if it does it again I will have to cancel the survey

Excellent service for a premium product

The quote was quick and with a sensible panel layout (unlike other providers I received quotes from), and after some feedback it was updated to suite my needs. Excellent customer service given that I had a very tight window in which to install tithe system. Installation was smooth, with only minor glitch at the start, no biggie.

After installation I had a couple of teething problems with the enphase monitoring system, and the customer support were onto it straight away: one issue was the lack of consumption monitor, and that was resolved quickly (and while I was away!), soon after the retailer installed the new meter. The second issue is with the live panel performance, which is still not working, but I haven't pressed the issue since I'm momentarily abroad, so I can't pass judgement on this yet. I'm fairly confident that they'll get it sorted quickly, once I bring it up with them again.