Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers Reviews

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Reviewers report paying: $3,200 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smart Energy Answers Reviews (364)

4.4/5

So far so good

Quoting process was easily I was provided with three options that may meet my needs. Installation process went smoothly on the day as planned. So far the system is helping with my electricity bills. Hopefully the system can last a long time to make my investment worth it.

Fast and professional, excellent result

Smart Energy Answers gave the best service, from the initial phone call to post-installation checking in. The first contact was with Adam who clearly explained how Smart Energy Answers could access both Federal and State incentive schemes on our behalf. He outlined all the costs involved and each step of the 6.6kw solar system installation, together with anticipated energy production and cost saving. Juno and Adam answered questions quickly. Habib and his team were excellent in the installation. All was achieved within a couple of weeks and we now look at the Solis app every day to see the amazing energy production. Even in the forest with shading through most of the day, the system produces an astounding amount of power. Highly recommended.

Solar panel upgrade working well and saves my electricity bill

I was looking to upgrade my old solar panel (1.5kw) from feeding off the grid changed to internal usage and feed the remaining to the grid. I did some searches on internet and also contacting one from a friend's reference. Most of them just sent the quotes straight away after looking my roof top from google view. Only one which company 'Smart Energy' made a contact and dispatched their consultant to my property for consultation.

I was pleased with the consultant professionalism and answered all my questions; lots of questions asked and helped me in the process of picking up the right panels and inverter; comparing from cheap bargain products to high quality ones. Solar panels are my investment and I want to make sure it lasts long and productive. I managed to upgrade 5.5kw due to my limited roof area

My first energy bill came with $400 drop out of $600 that I used to pay quarterly. It was a huge saving. I can monitor how much energy my panels generated and how much electricity my property consumed during the day.

Based on my experience I am not hesitating to recommend Smart Energy to my friends.

Perfect product and customer service

I had the solar installed back in Dec-20. Everything has gone smoothly from the first phone call I made at the start with the sales consultant, to the installation and even the customer service team that regularly checks in with me to ensure the panels are working fine.

The installation had to be done over 2 days due to the bad weather, but it went relatively well. The installers were very professional and experienced. They took a look at my house and decided that installing the inverter outdoor wasn't a good idea as it'll be exposed directly under the sun (north-facing). So they took the extra effort and time to install it within my garage.

Needless to say, after the installation, I immediately start seeing my energy bills go down (at times more than half, depending on the weather). Very satisfied with my purchase.

Original Review on 05-01-2021:

Overall very pleased.

System is operating as hoped and information about the installation was timely and helpful. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, it has. Importantly, the output has been as predicted by the documentation, and even a little better than specified during the winter months (whihc have been less sunny than usual given a relatively wet winter).

Great Service and Installation

The Smart Energy Team were very good. They Sales team kept me up to date on where it was up to. They were able to answer my questions very prompted. The installation Team were fantastic. They worked very hard and were easy to get on with.

Quick and Quality Installation, Polite and Responsible Customer Service

SEA is definitely not the cheapest solar system installer you can find, but it's absolutely one of the best service providers. They started giving me surprise by contacting me 2 hours after I sent them the email for quotes. Because of the detail explanation their consultant provided, I could made the decision of solar panel and inverter easily.
Now is the best part. They provided step-by-step emails guiding you to go through the most complicated process: applying the federal government and state government rebate. I applied both of them successfully upon the first submission!
Installation didn't disturb my daily life at all. Install guys came 8am in the morning and completed the work by afternoon. And there is another thing that impressed me. About a month after installation I received a call from SEA and said that a new requirement has been added by state government: Protective cover is now compulsory for all outdoor solar inverter. When I was about to ask who and I can find for this service, the customer service told me that SEA can provided it free of charge.
I would definitely recommend SEA to anyone who is looking for solar system installer that with high quality of work and will contact you proactively for latest information.

Great company with a great product

Sales were not pushy and offered plenty of options for us to consider delivered in a really useful comparison ‘app’. They contracted a local solar installer to do the work and could not have picked as nicer guy. He was really impressed with his dealings with the company as well. They did a lovely job & cleaned up thoroughly when finished.

Post install support has been amazing. Honestly I couldn’t be happier sand now all that sunshine is working for me!

Great install, easy to deal with

I don't normally leave reviews, however the whole process from end to end with Sea was quite seamless and went ahead as planned, despite lockdown and NSW construction restrictions because of COVID. Really clean install of both panels and inverter, very happy with overall support too

Very happy from start to finish with Smart Energy

From the meeting the sales guy, there installers to the customer care i have received form Smart Energy, i have been very happy with them and would recommend this company to my family and friends.

Knowledgeable, available, professional.

Smart Energy Answers were from the start super helpful, always available for follow-up questions and the whole process was run professionally, including installation.

Clear communication and great installation.

The team at smart energy answers were great to communicate with and understood our energy needs. The installation was very neat and tidy. Would highly recommend.

Love the customer service!

The quoting process with SmaartEnergyAnswers are very easy.
The salesperson helped me throughout and very upfront about everything.
The installation is quick and easy.

To top it all, great customer service and they call you straight away if they want to know more information and you are always feel informed.

Smart Energy Answers are Brilliant!

Dealing with Smart Energy Answers was an absolute pleasure from the first engagement through to post engagement follow up. Every person that I interacted with within this organisation is professional, friendly, and attentive. Most importantly they deliver on every single promise. Their response times are amazing, their willingness to provide information is incredible and level of service is second to none. I can’t remember the last time I received this level of service and can’t recommend them more. Lastly and probably most importantly, my solar system is brilliant!

Easy process

Easy process ( with no need to chase the company) and pathway with good customer service- installers came on time and the process was smooth. Customer service was good with follow up call and grid connection all arranged. Only issue the quote was revised upwards by $270 via a mistake with rebate calculation - they should be more careful with that process.

Super efficient - in every way

Quoting and set up process easy. Turned up on the day they said with their efficient team.
Follow up is reassuringly good. It seems as if there is a monitoring system in place to ensure customer satisfaction

Effortless process and quick installation

The sales and after sales support has been fantastic. The installation was seamless and installers were on time, clear, polite and professional. We are regularly contacted to make sure everything is working. I loved that we didn't need to arrange anything it was all done by Smart Energy Answers.

Very Professional Great System Great Installation

They were very professional. on time, very tidy and polite. System worked as described, couldn't be happier.

Excellent service throughout

I was referred by a friend who just got a quote from Smart Answers. When I made the enquiry, the response was fast and effortless. The sales person set expectations with me that there may be delays as we approach summer but they still managed to book in installation well in advance. They were punctual, efficient and pleasant to have them onsite. I did have a problem with the app and solar connection within the first week but I think it was because I didn't follow the reset instructions. The customer service team was really helpful to assist me with troubleshooting and sent someone in straight away. Never had an issue since then.

Solar Panel installation - 12 Month On

Initially the Sales process was very easy. Daniel was very responsive in my requests and was not pushy at all.

The installation was done on the date they told me and left without having made any mess. The installer spent the time to run me through what he did, how it works and what to expect next. It made for an easy transition on a process which I had no idea on.

It was great to see that they value their customer and continue to follow up on how the system is going. I am pleased with the whole process and still am.

Original Review on 10-12-2020:

New Solar Panels

Process effortless. Smooth and professional. Had no issues, but if you haggle and push you get results Original ratings

8 months later we asked Nikolaos: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Having the system for 6 months, its going fine. Something that needs highlighting is that the system performs better in the summer than winter.

Very positive experience

Smart Energy Answers worked with us to design and build a solar system that was right for the needs of our company. They were very flexible and able to accommodate our specific installation requirements. Hats off to the team there at Smart Energy Answers. We are happy to provide a reference for anyone who is thinking about using them.

Smooth and quick solar installation

From quote to installation, Smart Energy Answers provided compatible prices, detail explanation, process update & follow up. My solar installation was very quick and smooth. I'm happy with the whole installation.

Very easy to deal with.

I have had my solar system for 8months and am very happy with the results.
My energy bills have been reduced significantly from around $700 per bill to under $200.
Very happy with the result.
installation went smoothly. Didnt even notice they were here.
Customer service is excellent. I get follow up calls to see how the system is going.

Fantastic Experience

It was so easy rang up and got a quote, went through and got the best system and battery that suited my needs, the guys showed up and were friendly, polite and professional and went through everything with hubby and I, payment was easy and have received calls to make sure all is well a few times over the past 8 months the lady who rang is a pleasure to deal with and is happy and friendly thank you all we are more than happy and saving heaps and getting credit on our bills now, it was pleasure doing business with you and it is much appreciated

A great experience

The guys at Smart Energy Answers are fabulous, the installers showed up on time and got the system installed in a day with no dramas, even with a challenging roof configuration. It’s worked perfectly in the 12 months since installation and we really appreciate how the head office calls us every now and then post installation to make sure everything is OK.

Do it now with these people.

From the very first contact every part of the process went smoothly right thru to the completion of the job. Every part of the process was well explained the quote competitive, the install completed competently on the day booked by tradies who were competent doing wonderful neat and tidy job. The only regret is why didn't I do this years before with this organisation.

A Journey to Energy Self Sufficiency

We had been looking into solar for years and had at least 3 different sales/quotations over that time, as there's a lot to get your head around! The Smart Energy Answers' sales rep was without a doubt the best experience we had. He was knowledgeable, patient and engaged with us in a way none of the others had.
The installation was good though there was a delay between when it started and when it finished which I was not prepared for. I thought it would be done in one or at least consecutive days. The delay was over a week.
Apart from that, the customer service has been great and everything was taken care of.
A remarkably smooth process in the end!

Original Review on 21-11-2020:

Great System and Installation Service

Great System. Installation Service by David who explained thoroughly how the system works. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Gerald: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, to some degree. We might have had some inaccuracies in getting the number of solar panels. We seem to be using more electricity than was estimated.

Some issues with our place, took a while to get a resolution

We requested an inspection but the provider generated a quote without inspection. A pre-install inspection 3 days prior to scheduled install identified problems with the location of our switchboard. It then took approximately 2 months for Smart Energy Answers to investigate and come up with a solution to work around this. An inspection prior to quoting would have identified this earlier. Smart Energy Answers did own this issue, and made efforts to resolve it, including the extra costs associated with the revised installation arrangements which we settled on. The installation was generally tidy.

Original Review on 05-11-2020:

Great company.

Great company, easy to deal with. .ade the when experience comfortable. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Ricky: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

yes it has. I feel its performing better than expected. The Kwh it's producing is 5 to 10 Kwh better than what was predicted. I'm thinking of getting a battery unit but I'm unsure on which one to get, any suggestions? Cheers, Ricky.

Fast, Efficient and Quality of Work

Been looking at Solar for some time. Smart Energy Savers was recommended to me after a number of quotes from other vendors for which many were just sales people without knowledge of what they were selling. SEA sales know their "stuff" and answered my questions promptly. The system was quoted ordered and installed in a week!

The installation was smooth and quick. They arrived on time and the system was up and running within 4 hours. the guys were friendly and polite and cleaned up after the installation.

After installation the SEA admin also organized my Energy provider for new meter and the grid connection.

Very happy with Smart Energy Answers. I Highly recommend them.

Couldn't ask for better that Smart Energy

I liked that everybody was an employee of the company - not contractors, even the sales person, so not surprising that it all went like clockwork.

Excellent customer service. Very friendly, explained things well and answered my many questions. The installation was done rapidly. It's nice and neat and seems to work fine.

Easy transaction

Easy to deal with. On time, very helpful throughout the whole process. Happy to answer questions and kept us up to date.

Fast install with no issues

I was kept up to date through the entire process. Install day went very smooth with no issues and system was ready to go by the end of the day.

Very efficient crew installed the system. All workmen pleasant and friendly, able to answer any questions in language a nontechnical person could understand. Highly recommend

A salesperson made an appointment for a visit. He was a it late but had notified me he in advance.
He was knowledgeable and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. The installation was so efficient, I was very impressed. Had a little trouble at the end connecting to the internet but this was finally achieved. It was great that a local person was in charge. The crew were punctual, there was no mess left afterwards, all the crew were polite . The customer service has equally been of the highest quality. They have organised the grid connections and I am currently waiting for the installation of a smart meter.

Genuinely good solar company!

Great experience from beginning to end. The sales rep was very knowledgeable and upfront, they actually came out to talk to us and listen to what we wanted compared to the other solar installers we were provided by solar quotes.

The installation team was very professional and did an incredibly neat installation.

Post sales support has also been great checking up regularly to make sure everything is still working and that we’re happy.

Installation at the end of the lockdown in Victoria

It was a trying time for everyone but Smart energy kept me informed with realistic expectations about when the installation would occur
They gave me clear information about the process so it gave me time to be organised and help it to be a smooth process
The team when they came were good but it was the lead electrician that made it happen in a seamless fashion and stayed until the end to make sure everything was working as it should be.
After the inspection I realised I had room for more panels so contacted smart energy and this was quickly organised and a team was sent out to within a few days to add the extra panels

Quality installer with great experience

Most knowledgeable solar sales team I have spoken with and offered a quality solution for our solar needs. Installation was seemless and follow up customer service excellent. I highly recommend this business

A wonderful experience.

From the first phone call to the final installation was a breeze with Smart energy. The sales team explained the system and it’s benefits clearly to me the uneducated regards solar systems. I was actually stunned at how quickly all this was achieved as it was beyond expectations. At no stage did I feel pressured as against some of the other companies I had contacted. I would have no hesitation in recommending your company to anyone I know requiring solar power.
Regards
Glenn Roberts

SE Answers did everything for me.

Office & installation staff efficient & professional throughout entire process. Provided guidance & support with paperwork. I'll call them to install battery when prices improve.

Happy with their service and will recommend to anyone

After talking to so many solar power sales persons, we decided to go ahead with Smart Energy Answers. The a sales person called Daniel Kim who was a professional, informative and gave good advices. They could not price match with the competitor but they were able to reduce the price that we are happy with and Daniel helped us with the decision on the inverter. The installation went promptly without any problem and I also happy with customer service. I have recommended to few friends and one of them installed with Smart Energy Answers.

Happy Customer

Very impressed with the installation quality, and the customer service.
From start to finish this was a very efficient and hassle free service

Original Review on 14-10-2020:

Smart Energy was excellent in all respects.

All of the above were positive. I choose Smart Energy supplier because-
- They were quick to respond with a comprehensive proposal and the salesperson was very much across all aspects.
- The price was similar to the other (brief) quotes that I received.
- They provided a quick installation date.
- They advised a switch to AGL as my power supplier because of their very good feed in tariff and free solar meter.
- The installation crew were responsive to my suggestions (I am a retired Electrical Engineer).
- The installation was completed in one day and the general installation quality was very satisfactory.
- They assisted me post installation with the AGL meter installation etc.

Yes. My summer quarter bill shows a $85 credit.

I have recently entered the Ausgrid VPP trial with Evergen which pays a good price for extracting excess battery energy at peak power times.

Otherwise I get great interest in seeing how well the system performs. Today the report says that since inception in September 2020 it has done the equivalent of planting 62 trees or reduced CO2 emission by 2100 Kg!

Gives me a warm feeling!

Professional and knowledgeable consultant

The sale consultant was professional and knowledgeable. His mapping of the solar panels on the roof was excellent, catching both morning and afternoon sunlight. The quote is actually higher than the others, including removing of existing solar system. I went with them because they have very good reviews, and my brother also used them in the past. Initially was told that installation is in 3-6 weeks times, but they called a few days later and said the installation can be done next week. The installers are sub contractors not their employees.

The installers were polites. Removing of existing system and installation of the new system was completed in one day. However, the installers were very rough with the tiles. I found some broken tiles on the roof 2 days after the installation. I contacted SEA and they sent one of the installers to repaired the tiles the next day.

Two and half weeks later, the inspector came and turned on the solar. The solar has been running for 2 days now. All looking good.

So far so good

Sales / quoting process was good.
Installation went well but was an issue with battery inverter that took a few weeks to fully resolve - there was good customer service follow-up but apparently was a new version of the battery that had a few teething problems.

Excited about the system to be installed

A big picture, long-term approach helped us make the decision to install panels + battery now. We liked the options we were exposed to with the battery - a smaller modular one, a larger one, and that there were quality award-winning batteries aside from Tesla Powerwall available. The quote came through quickly and we were given time and space to consider it. Our consultant was happy to spend time discussing with my partner as well and answering all questions, I think we spent a total of 5 hours alone just discussing and having our questions answered before committing to anything. After paying the deposit the installation and admin team were both in touch very quickly. Installation hasn't taken place only because we are renovating, and both our builder and the installation team agree it's best to install after the roof after it's been washed even though the panels /brackets can withstand the process. We are also looking into an EV in the next 1-2 years so a battery makes sense now to be done with installation once.

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

Excellent installer. Good advice before and during the installation process. Fantastic follow-up.

I was referred to Smart Energy Answers by my sister after her good experience with them.

The consultant was excellent, had good responses to my questions and was happy to offer several options for size and quality of panels.
If anything, they were reluctant to put as much solar on as I was looking for but we did eventually talk them up to the size of install I wanted. I went with a 15.99kW system using Hyundai 390W panels and SolarEdge inverters with optimisers. For that size I needed 2 inverters since the largest they have is a 10kW inverter.

The installer was competent and punctual. He was booked during the torrential downpour that happened in Sydney earlier this year and found days here and there to get everything done without any delays. He and his apprentices were always courteous and thoughtful when working around my house.

In the month since the install I have been contacted twice to check how things are going and to make sure I am happy with the new system. The first time I commented that the SolarEdge monitoring software wasn't working properly and they organised to have an electrical engineer come out to look at it. It turns out that it sorted itself out within a week so the engineer wasn't necessary.