Smart Energy Answers Reviews

About Smart Energy Answers, Solar Installers

Smart Energy Answers
Platinum Partner
Smart Energy Answers is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 27 621 047 952  ABN active since 11 Aug 2017 | Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd
ACN: 621 047 952  ACN active since 11 Aug 2017 | Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 2019595 Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd

NSW: 318392C Smart Energy Answers Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,264 - $12,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Smart Energy Answers Solar Reviews

Smart Energy

Recommended - good installation. Finished it in a day despite physical obstacles. Show additional information

Solar Kaleen

I am very happy with the service and communication I have had to date
I would have no hesitation to recommend them to all my friends

Regards Eric

solar system complete

installation was very professional on time tidy completed in area i required

everything was organised through supplier just awaiting new metre to be installed

very happy with Smart Energy Direct

All expectations met and a few exceeded!

A smooth process where they have been more than happy to answer all my questions.
Turned up on time, completed the job on time and followed up to see how everything was going.

Good overall

The sales/quoting process was informative and compelling and the install efficient and went as planned. The grid connection process was completed smoothly and as described. A commitment to assist with the monitoring app was not fulfilled at the time of installation and has been time consuming although I expect it will be resolved. The responsiveness to follow-up with questions and any issues has been good at all levels and with respect to all aspects of the process. It is fair to say based on my experience that this company has a good process and is committed to customer satisfaction.

Hi, Alan! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such a positive review and for choosing us to be your solar energy system provider. We're thrilled to know that we're able to deliver such great customer service experience all throughout the process as what we aspire to convey to all our customers. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

Overall very pleased.

System is operating as hoped and information about the installation was timely and helpful. Show additional information

Not installed yet. Very disappointed with customer service.

Purchased in October and still have not been installed. Very poor communication. Initially, they promised 3-4 weeks for installation. They are blaming covid for delay but they should have told me that when I signed up. I’m very disappointed and will be enquiring elsewhere. Show additional information

Excellent service from start to finish.

Smart Energy Answers provided us with first class service. The sales and quoting process was carried out in a prompt, professional and helpful manner, with the salesman friendly and approachable at all times.
The installation happened in a fast timeframe, with the installers able to accommodate my request for an early start on the morning in question. They were entirely professional throughout, and left the place tidy at the end. The instructions for operating the system and app were clear and concise.
Customer service has also been professional and helpful.
We couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Smart Energy Answers, and have recommended them to various colleagues also considering solar installations.

Good job - highly recommended

The installation was difficult (high pitched roof) but the installation team did it without complaint and all seems to be working well. Following installation day there was a 3 day delay before the electrician could connect to the power box. There was then over a week before the energy retailer (arranged by the installer) could get the new meter installed ( but again done very efficiently) and another week before I could access the monitoring dashboard. I assume these delays are typical but it had not been anticipated and I was keen to see how the system performed. I can now say I am very pleased with the system and the 43 kWh produced on a sunny day . The company have been very good to work with and I highly recommend them. Show additional information

Very happy with whole process & installation

Sales/quoting process was painless, easy to understand and make decision with.
Instillation was great and within recommended time frame
Customer service helped organise the grid connection after the installation
Overall great to deal with.

Hi, Gary! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience dealing with our helpful and knowledgeable team from pre-installation up to post-installation. Thank you again for your kind words. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Please stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day! Show additional information

Fantastic Installation

Knowledgeable Sales person, really wanted to understand our requirements.
Installation team were sensational - wanted to explain what they were doing, were incredibly polite, and did the little things & big things really well!

Only fault, was the communication post sale could have been better

Extremely happy with choosing Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers were extremely helpful right from the start. Oren took time to sit down and run through the; options, manufacturers, configurations, technologies, etc - all without feeling pressured.
The installation was prompt, professional and with very little impact on the household. We had an issue with monitoring from the inverter, which they dealt with swiftly and I had a personal number to contact and txt for updates.
I thoroughly recommend.

Fantastic and professional

The sales person (Daniel) came to my home to review roof space and best options for me. This company was one of only 2 companies that physically came out to quote, everybody else only wanted to do online quotations. Daniel was very friendly and knowledgeable and was not in any way pushy. I had asked 1000 questions along the way and he answered all my concerns and queries and assured me I was in safe hands.

The installation date came and the installers were also both terrific! Very professional and friendly, worked hard all day getting the solar up and running and cleaning up after themselves. Customer service was also great, passed on instructions on the solar app and kept me in the loop everytime I had a question.

Honestly, I was so anxious getting this done, but I would recommend smart energy answers to anyone looking to get solar installed. I'm so grateful to everyone of them that I have dealt with, from first making contact until the finalization of the install. Terrific!!!

Very easy to get started

Very easy to deal with and everything they said would happen - happened. Show additional information

A very nice job done!

It was a relatively smooth process from quote to install. A few rounds of design improvements and the design engineer was easy to work with. Installers arrived as promised and finished the work on time.
Communications on progress after quotation was a bit weak..need to chase a few times to get the install scheduled.
Overall very happy with SEA and the installation so far.

The installation happened on the day advised, the team were very professional. The only issue was poor communications leading up to the installation.

The sales team were professional and made the quoting process easy to follow. The installers were polite, quick just need to communicate a bit better. The grid connection was arranged with no hassales. Show additional information

New Solar Panels

Process effortless. Smooth and professional. Had no issues, but if you haggle and push you get results Show additional information

Willing to listen and change configuration.

SmartEnergyAnswers offered different options based on desired outcome and adjusted the quote to suit.

The company kept in contact throughout the installation process.

Friendly crew, good job

The panels couldn’t be installed as shown in the sales quote photo, but the lead engineer was really helpful and respectful for my property and roof Show additional information

Knowledgeable team, great installation.

Fantastic sales process, very informative and helped me understand the technology and economics of a PV install.

There was a bit of radio silence while permits for installation were sought, which made me nervous.

The installers did arrive and did an awesome job. Very happy with the outcome!

Great customer service

The salesperson took some time and explained everything we needed to know with regards to the systems he was offering and gave us a couple of different options. Took around 2 weeks to arrange installation from the time we accepted and took one morning to actually install 18 panels. Show additional information

Solar Quotes does it again

Solar Quotes recently helped me find a suitable supplier to increase the capacity of my solar system. I went with Smart Energy Answers and installed an additional 5kw system. They completed the instalation on time and in a quality maner. The install team were friendly, efficient, informative and quickly in and out with no hassles. I would use them again.

Hello Don! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We are proud to know that you're happy dealing with our friendly, efficient, and informative installation team. As a CEC approved retailer, we are indeed devoted to raising the bar in the solar industry differentiating with quality products, tailored solutions, quality installs and great customer experience. Thank you again for your trust and we're looking forward to doing business with you again in the future. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Keep safe and have a fantastic day ahead!

Great Service

They replied with quote within 24 hours. They assessed our house and solar needs accurately. They were no fuss and no badgering!

Hello Mike! Thank you for the rewarding 5-star review. Here in Smart energy Answers we always make sure to provide quality systems and to deliver remarkable customer service experience. Thank you so much for the appreciation. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Keep safe and have a beautiful week ahead!

Great System and Installation Service

Great System. Installation Service by David who explained thoroughly how the system works. Show additional information

A bit frustrating

The process early on was easy enough. We had done enough research and had a few quotes, so we knew what to expect. Then things went downhill...
We agreed to a finance option and were approved to do so, however we were never provided with the info we needed and the company started sending invoices for the full amount just days before install. Finally, after a lot of back and forth this was sorted.
Install went smoothly enough, however the installers weren't able to connect it all up and required an electrician. We were told the electrician would be present on install day.
Many phone calls later, we arranged for the electrician to hook up the system a while later. We were also sold the add on emberpulse product. We were told the electrician would do this... he had no idea how to do it. He didn't install it properly. Later, after having to chase up, someone came to set up the emberpulse system. I called our electricity company who told us that they had not received a request for a smart meter (Smart Energy Answers told us they did this)... I then had to arrange this with a long wait. I think the system is now up and running but it hasn't been easy. I'm lucky to be working from home right now, so arranging for all these separate installs hasn't been as difficult as it would have been pre-covid.

A bit of a frustrating experience which I am glad is all over. Smart Energy Answers had great reviews which I believed, but I can't believe that I am the exception.

Very poor communication, Not the best solution.

I had numerous communication issues. An example is I was told installation would take a day, and all good. The reality, SEA has been to my place 4 times (requiring me to have multiple days off work). They came after install, and they explained a few things, but this was only as he was only visiting due to an email I sent to complain of the install (e.g. 3 days to complete, and left the lift parked across the garage, so I couldn't get the cars out).

Also the task is still not complete (although now waiting on supplier to change meter), but again this was never communicated to me. It was only when I contacted the energy supplier about Feed-in-tariff rates, where I was told about the meter change. SEA then did what was needed to trigger this, but had I not asked, not sure where this would be.

The second issue is the system. I had panels installed for a13Kw system. Yet the inverter installed is only 10Kw. So I am not gaining full generation capability. I have contacted SEA twice about this, and still have not got a response from them as to why a 15Kw inverter was not used.

On the whole, I found the experience quite poor.

Great Installation Team

Daniel at Smart Energy Answers and Billy at My Energy Group provided the best pre-sales service and patience with changes as my knowledge increased and confidence with what I was asking for. My site has to deal with shade and I was trying to find the best outcome for that. Soltek provided the cheapest quotes for comparable systems, but I went with Smart Energy Answers as they accommodated my requirements the best. The installation team was excellent. They were here all day with a team of 5 to start with, then diminishing to 3 as the day progressed and tasks were completed. The inverter was installed in the garage where requested. Stayed til late to resolve some commissioning with the optimisers. Recent installation on 3rd Nov, so early days with quality and after sales service. Still waiting for Energy Australia to provision so that I receive the feed in tariff. I already have a smart meter but I guess they are in no hurry to switch residential customers. Show additional information

Great company.

Great company, easy to deal with. .ade the when experience comfortable. Show additional information

Professional company. Great installation team.

Sales consultant was pleasant to deal with. Came back with further system options when requested to accommodate my budget. Was never pushy. It was down to two companies with great reviews. They won out due to a more affordable system and short lead time for installation. After paying deposit just 9 days later the system was installed. The five member installation team were on time and did a very professional job. They even brought more spare roof tiles to replace those that had broken leaving me with more spares than I had originally. The system was up and running immediately generating power. The next day their sales support person processed the metering request through to AGL. Based on my experience I would recommend Smart Energy Answers to anyone considering solar. Show additional information

Slick sales but terrible service after that.

I was contacted by very clever and convincing sales, offered all sorts of supported and pointed to good reviews.
I signed up and paid a deposit, and that is exactly where the service ended and problems began.
Right off the bat, they claim to be ‘local’ for ACT work, but they are Sydney based, so any consulting/site visits were out of the question.
I was handed off between various sales personnel, none of whom listened or understood anything about my situation (not living in the house, it is rented out).
They made installation communication difficult and didn’t even call when they didn’t come on the first install date.
Quoted/designed the system based on a Google maps photo and got plenty of details wrong on the day.
Fortunately the installers were friendly and professional.
I’ve tried to contact the sales gain but keep getting admin staff who cannot communicate in English and can’t answer my questions.
Now they want me to sign a document saying what was installed and how good they were! I can’t even get them to answer my texts.
The system seems fine, but this company just seems dodgy to me. I hope I don’t have to make any warranty/service calls, I can’t imagine that will go well.
Can’t recommend Smart Energy Answers.

Great company to deal with

From the quoting process to the installation, this company provided very good customer service. They even helped with all the paperwork between Actewagl and evoenergy to get a meter upgrade rescheduled. We would happily recommend them. Show additional information

Erik

The sales/quoting process by Andrew Curling was excellent . No problem answering questions, explaining technicalities. Installation was very good, all over in four and a half hours. The team were friendly, polite and happy to answer questions, as was the technician who installed the smart meters. All in all a good experience. Show additional information

SEA installation 22 Sept 2020

Quote process was straightforward with options provided as requested.
Date for install was agreed and then we were offered the opportunity to bring it forward because of a cancellation elsewhere which we took. Installation team were friendly, tidy, informative and cooperative.
Grid connection was organised by SEA and completed with energy provider within 10 days.
Very pleased with the monitoring App from Solar Edge.

Excellent job done.

Very professional from the start to end and did an excellent job of installing the system. The team were respectful of our property and pleasant to deal with.

Hello Chris! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this excellent 5-star review! We always put customer experience and satisfaction as our top priority, and we are glad to hear that everything went well, from the point of sales to aftersales. Thank you again for your kind words and enjoy your new Solar Energy System. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Review of Smart Energy Answers as suppliers and the Solarquotes website

Installation of our 6.6w system was delayed by rain. A second date was set after I made contact. On that day, the panels were installed but the electrician did not arrive. After I made contact, the electrician arrived 5 days later and spent most of the day connecting the inverter. It would have been easier and less work for him if he had worked with those installing the panels. The next day, the IT people came to set up the app on my phone. All those involved in getting our system going were polite, punctual and happy to answer questions. We are enjoying our solar system very much.
The Solarquotes website really helped with our choice of supplier and in demystifying the many technical issues. I have already recommended your website to friends and thanked those who recommended it to me. Great job!

Excellent Sales and Installation Services

They have very knowledgeable team backing up their sales and installation services. The system was installed before committed date and everything couldn't be smoother on the day.

The SMA team took care of everything from start to end, with a little follow up with electricity retailer.

Big thanks and kudos to the entire team for exceptional customer services.

Good company

Really professional. Met all expectations and kept informed through the whole process from quote to instal. Show additional information

Excellent Company to Deal With

Quote was well set out and detailed so that I could research all the components. Installation went well except for monitoring system which wasn't working at first. However as soon as I reported this, someone was sent out within a few days to fix it.
Very happy with Smart Energy Answers

Beautiful job.

Customer service is always good, they always get straight back to you with any query. Installation was done very neatly and the installation technician was very nice. Show additional information

Good job, professional finish

Very happy with the quality of work, and the system. Show additional information

Updated review.

This is my 2nd review. I have no complaints solar panels are they are working perfectly. My electricity bill is way down with is the main reason why I brought it. The panels are doing the job and I had no problems at all . Very happy Show additional information

Great service with no hassle

The team at Smart Energy Answers were really informative and worked to get the best solution for my site conditions. From there communication was great leading up to the install. The install went perfectly well with absolutely no hassle. Happy to recommend them! 5 stars Show additional information

Flawless service from start to finish

The whole process with Smart Energy Answers (SEA) was flawless from the time spent with the salesperson to understand my need and work through different options and details to the final installation. SEA was not only the quickest to provide quotes but they also gave us some time to work through different options and pros/cons to suit our needs. Once confirmed, the installation went without a hitch. The designer sent through the proposal for the panel arrangement and was happy to work with us to re-configure slightly. The installers that arrived on the day of installation were punctual, knowledgable and installed the panels and inverters cleanly. Their workmanship was of high quality, cleanly re-using previous conduits where appropriate to run cables down from the root. The lead installer also spent time afterwards to clean up and to help us configure the inverter to connect to our WiFi. We have since enjoyed the benefits of solar and are looking forward to reaping the medium / long term benefits. Show additional information

Overall pretty good experience

Received 3 quotes. All returned written quotes punctually. 2 did on-site quote and 1 was only online.
In the end 2 quoted ok like for like products so I went for one that was able to provide more discount.
Installation was excellent. They arrived at 7am and finished by midday. They were very polite, cleaned up after themselves and left everything as it was when they arrived.

Smart Energy was excellent in all respects.

All of the above were positive. I choose Smart Energy supplier because-
- They were quick to respond with a comprehensive proposal and the salesperson was very much across all aspects.
- The price was similar to the other (brief) quotes that I received.
- They provided a quick installation date.
- They advised a switch to AGL as my power supplier because of their very good feed in tariff and free solar meter.
- The installation crew were responsive to my suggestions (I am a retired Electrical Engineer).
- The installation was completed in one day and the general installation quality was very satisfactory.
- They assisted me post installation with the AGL meter installation etc.

Happy so far

Sales process was good, product very competitive. Installation all smooth. Just not 100% happy with the inverter cover which is ugly and intrusive. Beware of the size of the awning if they say you have to have one. Show additional information

Great and smooth installation process

I received 3 quotes through Finn Peacock’s site. I also watched the videos and read the information on his site so that I knew what I wanted for our home. We went with Smart Energy Answers because the sales person, Daniel. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. We went with LG solar panels with solar edge inverters. The installers arrived promptly on the scheduled day. They were polite and professional and cleaned up afterwards. Smart Energy Answers also organised the grid connection. I am very satisfied with my overall experience and would definitely recommend reading the information already available on Finn Peacock’s site. Show additional information

Quality system, great installation and service!

Of the 3 companies I dealt with only Smart Energy Answers could provide me with the Solar Edge inverter. I wish I had another company that I could compare quotes with of the same brand of equipment.

Sales and quoting process was very good!

Installation was excellent! The installers were very friendly and easy to get on with. They cleaned up very well after the installation.

The customer service was very good. They responded to my request quite sufficiently.

Hello, Daniel! Thank you for the rewarding review. Here in Smart energy Answers we always make sure to provide quality systems and to deliver remarkable customer service experience. Thank you so much for your appreciation. If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Have a pleasant day ahead! Show additional information

Seamless process.

From start to finish Smart Energy were fantastic. They knew exactly what we wanted, answered all our questions plus ones we hadn't even thought about.
The installers worked very hard, were efficient and stayed late until the job was complete. Set us up on isolar cloud.
Customer service were very helpful and sent all the paperwork to Energy Aust the next day.
I have been in contact with energy Aust, who advised they have everything, however we are still waiting for them to change the meter.
As it has been 8 working days since installation I will be calling them today for an update

Hello, Jennifer! Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We worked hard to meet expectations like yours, from the point of sale to aftersales, and we're grateful to hear we hit the mark for you. And we'd love to continue providing great service to awesome customers like you! If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 300 732 679. Have a lovely week ahead!

Quality product, detailed knowledge and exceptional installation.

I went to Smart Energy Answers following a friend's recommendations. I was pleased that they were not pushy. They knew their products and I was able to customise what I wanted based on not only my budget but also future proofing to a degree.
The quoting process was flexible and they worked with us.
Customer service was great. They turned up on the instal day and were courteous and polite,there were no tile damage and they cleaned the area when finished. They didn't leave until it was all set up and app connected. Then followed up shortly after.
I have recommended to 2 family members who also installed with Smart Energy Answers. In the 2 years since install I have saved a lot and did don't worry about the bills running the aircon