Smart Energy Answers

Smart Energy Answers Reviews

Smart Energy Answers (SEA) is Australia’s leading solar solutions provider with Head Office in Sydney. With a decade of collective experience in the field, our team has completed over 5,000 residential and commercial installations. We have an extensive team of designers, electricians, engineers, and technicians specially trained in all areas of solar generation power systems.

SEA is proud to have attained the highest accreditation level in Australia. As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, we are committed to helping communities gain energy independence through the latest technologies and high-quality services.

Our Operations Director Sam is well known in the industry for the quality of his installation designs and workmanship and for having physically installed and commissioned the largest commercial Tesla Powerwall Installation in the world.

We are also a certified installer of LG Solar, REC Solar, Canadian Solar, Seraphim, Longi, SolarEdge, Fronius, Sungrow, sonnenBatterie, LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall.

We install systems and have Operation Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Orange. Contact us on 1300 732 679 or [email protected] for more information.

The SMART Difference

· Complex decisions made simple – because our experienced consultants are committed to helping you make an informed decision by providing a tailored assessment of your energy needs, future thinking.

· Buy quality, buy once – because we combine the best workmanship with some of the most superior products on the market today.

· Exceptional customer care – because our ultimate goal is to make our customers happy and to provide a delightful experience.

· Savings guaranteed – because our customers can benefit from our industry-leading performance guarantee, ensuring that you receive the best possible long-term outcome.

Reviewers report paying: $3,200 - $12,249 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Smart Energy Answers Reviews (442)

4.4/5

Solar simplicity

The quoting process took a while because I had a lot of questions but Nabil was very patient and was able to give me all of the information I needed. I then got a comparative quote which was very similar from a price perspective but we went with Smart Energy Answers because they had a bundle offer with Nectr Energy that allowed us to pay the system off over 3 years.

Competitive quote. Great service. Professional installation.

- The salesman provided good advice and a competitive quote with an option for installing a battery.
- The customer service was great. I was advised of the process and timing every step of the way.
- The system design and specifications were comprehensive. The installation was professional and on time.
- Certification and advice to the electricity retailer was also completed in a timely manner.
Good company to deal with.

Great installation of a design that was tailored to our requirements.

Great sales staff who listened to our needs and designed a system to suit.
After sales process and installation has gone smoothly and was conducted very professionally. The end result is great!

Professional & Quality service

Smart Energy Answers provided a professional quality service from day 1 from sales to installation. Kevin and team arrived as planned and demonstrated professionalism and integrity. Everyone at SEA made time to explain and answer my questions. I would highly recommend them.

Great company and excellent customer service

Quote process was very straight forward and friendly service. Installation was a little delayed but when they booked us in, the staff were very informative and trade staff arrived on time. I didn’t need to be home for the installation which was great given I worked that day from the office. The trade staff helped to set up the App online to monitor our solar energy and received emails to do this very easily. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking to buy solar panels.

Highly recommended - excellent team of installers

Excellent service with information provided every step in the process. The installation team were highly competent, informative and placed safely as a high priority - an important factor as installation on second storey roof and extremely challenging.

Good selection process and excellent installation experience

Sales process took a little while as we had lots of questions, all of which were answered.

Installation happened a few weeks earlier than initially proposed as a Tesla battery came free. Took 2 days (large system) and the team was excellent, polite, cleaned up before they left and explained the operation of the system, including attachment to internet and download of monitoring apps. Very happy with the system in its first week, powering the home off the roof and then the battery from mid-morning until late even in winter.

Beautiful Solar

To be fair, all the companies recommended by solarquotes were top-notch. I went with SEA only because it was the most bang for buck. Happy at the end of the day.

Better than expected - a delightful result

We’ve only had the system in place for one week and have already been blown away by its performance. The team got it all up in about half a day and were a delight to deal with. Turns out the estimated output actually lowballed the number as we’re seeing better than forecasted results, and we still need to clear some shade over a few of the panels. Bring on summer!

Chris

Great experience with solar energy answers, the fact from the salesperson to installation team were all working for the company made for a smooth operation

Be Aware

Quote was excellent. Original contact was very good. The installation of the solar panels was on time, efficient and went very smoothly. The battery installation still hasn’t been done. If was postponed due to the wet weather in Sydney( I live in Canberra)?? I wasn’t told this until after I called to confirm the day before it was meant to be done.
The thing to be careful is signing for full payment before the job is done. I was asked to confirm job completion before panels had even been installed. I have received several other emails asking for confirmation of the job being completed, even though it still hasn’t been. Phone follow up can be difficult at times, not at all what I had anticipated when I signed up with Smart Energy Solutions. It’s been up to me to follow up with my energy provider in regards to returning excess solar energy back to the grid- not at all what I had been told over the phone.

On price and on time

Smart Energy Answers was one of three quotes which I received. They were not the cheapest but quality panels and inverter convinced me to spend a little bit more. Installation team were fantastic and were done in a day. They did all the paperwork to connect me to my local electricity supplier. SEA have also stayed in touch before, during and after installation to answer any queries or issues that I have. All looking good so far.

An upgrade that still used the older solar system.

The sales process was good and all my questions were answered on the spot.
The installation started on time (at 2 degrees) and was finished in 6 hours.
All post-install dialogue was well-handled.
The inspection happened on-time 2 weeks following the install.

Amazing end-to-end service for Powerwall installation!

I couldn't have been happier with the service received from Smart Energy Answers.

I requested a quote for installation of a Tesla Powerwall and they were not only the most competitively priced, but they made the whole process very simple with no pressure to purchase. They answered all my questions and providing the quote straight away.

The installation team were on time, polite and tidy. They made sure everything was set up and that I had the chance to ask any questions about the system.

After the work was completed, the team provided me with a user manual and additional information. A couple of weeks later they followed up again to make sure there were no concerns with the battery since its installation.

It was such an easy, transparent process.

Solar made simple. Thank you Smart Energy Answers

An excellent sales/quote process where all my questions and concerns were proactively covered and explained.

The installation was organised efficiently and completed quickly.

The follow up from the customer team was excellent and made sure I was happy with everything delivered.

Excellent Service

Smart Energy Answers listened to our ideas about the placement of the solar panels on our roof because of issues with shading and access and we willing to make changes to the original location plan without extra cost. The installation took place quickly and professionally and we are happy with the system.

Original Review on 25-02-2022:

Great system and installation. Shame about the after sales service.

All of the sales, presales and installation was punctual and satisfactory. The system is rated at 8.5 KW but I have seen it getting up to 9.2 KW. So very happy with the system so far. However, after the installation it took many phone calls over 6 weeks to get someone to fix my consumption meter which was giving incorrect results. It turned out to be a 5 minute job to replace a bad connection. Also I had to chase them up after 3 months to send me a $250 cash back card which was part of the original deal. In terms of the quality of the system and pre sales work I would recommend them, but, they really need to sort out the after sales service. Original ratings

4 months later we asked Robin: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed to my expectations and occasionally beyond. It's an 8.5kw system but in mid summer, according to the invertor, it would sometimes be generating over 9kw. We have an ideal North faceing roof with nothing overhanging it. We saved money by going with a single invertor rather than mini invertors on each panel or a Smart invertor. Don't let the sales people tell you otherwise.

Excellent

The whole process was very efficient , all the paperwork was simple. Very tidy installation.

Content

Company were punctual, and friendly, from sales meeting to installation
completed what was agreed, would not hesitate to recommend their services to others.

Professional Installation

Very smooth and hassle free quote and installation, very quick apart from a slight delay with grid feed in approval from the grid supplier. (which was understandable given my complicated setup)

What really blew me away was the professional installer Tony, he was punctual professional and really knew his stuff. Could handle any technical question i had about the hardware being installed.

Overall was a great experience.

Great company, really easy to deal with

Not at all pushy during the quoting process, were transparent with costs and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't want or need. I used the payment plan option and this process was painless. Installation was great, they showed up when they said they would and explained the system to us. I like the app, it's simple but that coupled with another app linked to the smart meter helps us to adapt our habits to get the best out of our solar panels even in the winter. Would recommend them to anyone.

Solar install in Turramurra

Quoting process was quick and easy. The companies provided were not pushy but very helpful.
The install took a day to complete and further week to troubleshoot, but once installed works well. Enphase app is a great way to view and stay up to date with performance of the system.

A joy to behold, and working beautifully.

From our first contact with the company, we had all the advice and assistance we could have asked. The quotation was comprehensive, but easily understandable. The installation, itself, went without a hitch, with all the installers taking care - on the roof and at ground level. No fuss, no mess, and all done quickly. We have been impressed with the after-installation follow-up, and liaison with our electricity supplier regarding the smart meter

Approachable, knowledgeable & trustworthy

Out of the three companies that we took quotes from Smart Energy Answers stood out as the most knowledge and the friendliest. They were not the cheapest although were competitive on price. Our installation was challenging due to potential roof access issues and we were told by other installers that it was not possible. Smart Energy Answers found a solution and helped achieve our dream of having clean solar energy powering our house. The installation was professional and quick and we have been really pleased with the results to date.

Great service and price. Highly recommend.

I would highly recommend Smart Energy Answers. Their process was straight forward, their customer service was great, the installer was lovely. Our job had some complexities, but the installer worked with us to problem solve until we got it right.

Comprehensive system

The quoting process was not as clear as I'd hoped. It was actually a bit tricky to figure out what the final price would be as there were many options for financing, so I ended up paying more than I had thought I was going to. The sales person pressured me on the second (final) call which may also have contributed to my confusion. I am also having trouble sourcing the EV charging cable that goes with the SolarEdge inverter.

Installation was tidy and punctual, although it took the team a couple days to come pick up the old panels we had removed.

Great Solar Installer

From the initial phone conference, all the way through to the day of installation, everything was handled smoothly, efficiently and professionally. The installation was done even quicker that originally quoted and everything was completed as advertised. Customer service is outstanding.

Very professional and customer focused

On route from first enquiry to SEA (Smart Energy Answers) through to the end of the project to install solar at my home in the ACT, I had the opportunity to interact with a sales person, the Director of Operations, the installation organiser, the team who did the installation, technical support and several others. Everyone responded to any enquiry I had (via email mostly) immediately and all were focused on customer needs and satisfaction.

I got answers from this group about aspects of the technology, the multi-step procedure and the work required for a solar installation, that I did not get elsewhere. This was a 36 panel PV array based on Enphase micro inverters.

On the day, the installation team included younger workers through to experienced staff all having pride in their work and keen to please and explain to the customer (me). The person in charge (who was a very good electrician) explained what was happening and answered any question I had. I am an electrical engineer and had questions I did not get answered in my recent study of solar, that were answered clearly and in detail.

SEA managed all the paper work with third parties including the ACT Brighte loan scheme and organising with my electricity supply company for conversion to a smart meter for grid-connected bi-directional power monitoring.

The quote from SEA was close to other quotes but they clearly exhibited themselves as a well organised customer focused business from the outset.

SOLARQUOTES/Finn Peacock and his staff and his website were instrumental in introducing me to solar, assisting me with how to analyse my needs, the understand of the technology and in recommending very reputable companies from who I sought quotes. Without Finn's company and how it facilitates the process of getting solar, this would have been a much more daunting task.

All up, this was a great experience.

Trevor

Informed and smooth process, good communication, considerate installation team

The whole process started with Solarquotes, then a detailed consultation with an energy consultant from SEA who was knowledgeable, passionate about solar and understanding of our needs and concerns. We did not feel pressured to purchase the system so there was some delay between initial quote and decision to go ahead - our consultant continued to provide advice with all the subsequent questions after the initial consultation; it was great to be able to continue the conversation with the same consultant. Following the decision to install the recommended system, experience with the finance team was straightforward; scheduling was well communicated and installation was completed in a considerate and timely manner (the installation team was organised and diligent, left the place spotless and communicated respectfully. A couple of panels had to be placed on a different part of the roof as a skylight was not picked up by the google view - this was discussed before proceeding, and the installation of the battery and inverter was completed neatly). Application for grid connection was submitted immediately after installation and that went smoothly too. We would recommend the SEA team.

Top notch product and installation team

They were the most expensive quote, but we chose a quality system and the installation was top notch.
- The sales team were knowledgeable and patient with all my questions.
- We had to move the installation date multiple times due to bad weather, they were responsive and had us booked in promptly.
- We were very impressed with the installers professionalism and experience; They even moved the whirly bird to have a configuration.
- The aftersales service was friendly and prompt, guiding us through getting connected to the grid, when our provide had what they required but needed pushing along.

Review Smart Energy Answers

Sales were great and very informative. Installation a bit disorganised and extremely slow and the after sales service needs improving. This shouldn’t detract from getting the system as it’s a great system.

Highly recommended

Great service. Dealing with Smart Energy Answers was stress free from the quote stage and very smooth all the way to the installation day. They communicated clearly, the whole way through. I would definitely recommend

Professional Partner

I would highly recommend Smart Energy Answers (SEA) to any family considering installing a solar system to their home. Among the confusing multitude of solar installers in Sydney, I found SEA to stand out for the professionalism, knowledge and friendly efficiency of its staff. At the beginning of the process its energy consultants spent time explaining the different technology options available and how the systems actually work--very helpful for a novice like me. Once we signed the contract, the installation and administration staff could not have been more supportive. While the heavy rains in Sydney in February and March inevitably led to delays in installation, the SEA team regularly kept me informed of their availability and were flexible in finding convenient times to complete the job. A special shout out to the installer crew for working in tough conditions. I would not hesitate to recommend SEA to friends and family.

Very happy with the whole process

Very happy with SEA. They came and properly checked the roof and shading issues, there was no pressure to go for a larger system and Rob listened to what we wanted out of the system

We felt they tailored the system to exactly what we wanted, rather than trying to sell lots of panels.

He explained all about the inverter options etc and what he informed me matched my research.

The install was on schedule and there were no surprises on the day. The system is working flawlessly and SEA have made contact more than once to check that I am satisfied.

Professional and customer centric solar installers

- During the sales and quoting phase, the team were very accommodating of my questions, design choices and gave me confidence
- After securing my deposit, I found the customer service to be responsive and helpful throughout - including that I needed to delay the install for a few weeks while I address some other home repairs.
- Installation was done in one day with the team working hard to ensure I was accommodated in terms of handover of the system and the ability to keep working from home throughout.

Professional Service

The quote was on-site. The SEA consultant maintained good communication about the timing and process. He was punctual, did a detailed inspection of the house and presented a good solar/battery solution.

The installers were punctual, informative, neat and made a very crafted installation.

SEA head office maintained good communication during the whole process. It also has provided good follow up after the install.

Original Review on 03-07-2021:

Very efficient crew installed the system. All workmen pleasant and friendly, able to answer any questions in language a nontechnical person could understand. Highly recommend

A salesperson made an appointment for a visit. He was a it late but had notified me he in advance.

He was knowledgeable and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. The installation was so efficient, I was very impressed. Had a little trouble at the end connecting to the internet but this was finally achieved. It was great that a local person was in charge. The crew were punctual, there was no mess left afterwards, all the crew were polite . The customer service has equally been of the highest quality. They have organised the grid connections and I am currently waiting for the installation of a smart meter.

9 months later we asked Roger: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has not generated as much energy as expected but this is due to the unseasonably wet and overcaste conditions. Also return on investment has been affected by energy provider lowering the price we sell to grid, so it will take longer to pay off. Environmentally I'm happy with the system.

Very professional from quoting to installation.

Very professional and personable team. The customer service and communication was great and the installation team was polite, clean and very professional. Very happy.

Easy process and great customer service

Very easy process and efficient, customer service was excellent and installers were clean and efficient

Great system advice. Flawless install.

Very happy with SEA. They came and properly assessed the roof and shading issues (unlike some) which lead to recommending a smaller system than I’d anticipated.
Some installers just wanted to sell me the maximum amount of panels, even placing them in impossible locations.

I felt the advice that SEA gave was best for me rather than profit maximising for themselves.

They offered several options of panel and inverter combinations and clearly articulated the merits of each choice.

Great work

Streamline process. Promised would be installed before Christmas and delivered on that promise. Installers took 2 days as it was a big job but was done well. We have been very happy with system so far

Extremely happy with the installation from SEA - 6.2kW QCells, SolarEdge 5kW Inverter/Ev Charger, Aplha ESS B3-Smile, 5.04kWh battery

The SEA sales agent, Rob, was fantastic. Really knowledgeable and not pushy at all, a pleasure to deal with. After considering several other companies, and several system options from SEA, I was happy to go ahead and put a deposit down.

The installation process was extremely smooth by Sam and his team, and the panels and inverter were installed and functional within a single day. The battery commissioning had to wait another 3 days due to staff shortages but came online with no issues. Initial problems with the EV charging rate and maintaining a connection to the SolarEdge app were resolved by two site visits from Dave, and therefore I am confident to say that the technical support by SEA is first rate. If you have any issues with your system they will come out to resolve as soon as possible, which may even be the same day.

Unfortunately I had to wait close to three months after paying a deposit to have the system installed. I think this was due to SEA being in high demand towards the end of the year, as well as the Christmas shutdown and COVID disruptions. Which are all completely reasonable explanations, and although I had other companies that claimed to be able to do the installation within a week, I remain pleased I waited for SEA. Another minor negative was that I had to chase the finance office to process a refund for an inverter cover which wasn't required and the $250 SEA ambassador voucher, however this was no big deal as everything was resolved within 3 weeks after installation. All the paperwork to have the net energy meter activated was also sorted out fairly quickly by SEA. Overall I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending SEA to anyone looking to install solar.

In terms of the system, I'm am extremely happy with the system and its performance after the first month of use. The 16 north-facing QCells Maxx-G3 390w panels are performing very well (I wish we could fit more!). The 5Kw SolarEdge inverter and monitoring app are also fantastic, and the system has produced a daily average of 25kWh in a very wet February. I am very pleased with the ability to charge the EV using solar only, or at a maximum rate of 7kW using battery/grid support boost option.

The 5.04kWh Alpha ESS B3-Smile battery has performed well so far and has resulted in 89% self-sufficiency. We are adding another 5.04kWh module to ensure this is closer to 100% for the nights we run the A/C. The Alpha monitoring app is basic but functional. The monitoring dropped out but after re-configuring the WiFi settings is was re-instated and is now stable. We have also joined a VPP and are now receiving a very favourable feed in tariff, which will likely result in our electricity bill being reduced from $400/qt to an estimated $100 credit.

In summary, I highly recommend SEA, they have provided a quality installation at a fair price, and their after sales support for the system has been great. I am confident they will honour the 10-year workmanship guarantee and 5-year whole-of-system warranty on the system.

Original Review on 29-06-2021:

SE Answers did everything for me.

Office & installation staff efficient & professional throughout entire process. Provided guidance & support with paperwork. I'll call them to install battery when prices improve. Original ratings

8 months later we asked John: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System installed June 2021. Jan & Feb electricity bill was$4.89cr.
I did note that when Ausnet worked in our area the power was unavailable from my rooftop.

Great onstallers

Very happy with the entire process of installation. Very knowledgeable and experienced people on the job in all departments - Sales. Installation and customer service. Highly recommended.

Easy process

The whole process was fairly simple and straight forward. Installation people did a great job!
Thank you!

Installation had to take place over three days due to bad weather. The communication and service was clear and respectful.

Detailed quoting process and very prompt answers to my further questions
Installation - on time, polite, very clear communication, customer service - everything taken care of for me. Post installation issue rectified immediately.

Professional and expert service from start to finish. Very happy

The experience was smooth from the outset and continued to be outstanding throughout. The design met our complex location requirements as well. Communication with the Smart Energy team was excellent. Everything was explained extremely clearly. The installation team and electrician were wonderful. They did a great job and left everything really tidy. All in all, I am really very happy. Wish I had done this earlier. Thanks to Solar Quotes for giving me the confidence to make this shift to Solar.

Installation easy - friendly sales team

Earlier installation than initial estimated date -good. Chose Smart Energy over over quotes as sales person assured they used their own installers / own staff rather than contractors, however the installer was a contractor!
Was quoted for Qcell panels but informed prior to installation - panel to be installed was different from the quote - as there was a delay in panels arriving in the country.

Great system installed by Great Team

- It was fortunate to have quotes from Smart Energy Answers (SEAs) after signing up for quotes from solarquotes.com.au. A thorough consultation from Nabil (salesperson) was informative, which easily made me to go with SEAs despite other companies' quotes. After that, SEAs took care of everything pretty well with effective communication with punctuality. Every staff that I've communicated with throughout the process was fantastic, punctual, friendly and most importantly professional in their expertise.

Happy to now have the solar system installed and seeing the power generation with expected efficiency is really reassuring that I made the right decision to go with SEAs. I would like to express my thanks to the SEAs team (Nabil, Rod, Juna, Tatiana and Sheryl).

Fantastic

Great work and amazing customer service. Would definitely recommend. The team was punctual, completed the job on time and the follow up after installation was amazing.