Empower Solar Perth

Empower Solar Perth Reviews

Empower Solar Perth (ESP) is proudly a local Western Australian owned and operated business. As one of WA’s leading designers and installers of residential and commercial solar systems, we understand what it means to be a Western Australian and the role each of us plays in preserving our way of life. We know there is a better, less expensive, cleaner way for families to power their homes.

With ESP’s rooftop solar, storage and energy services, homeowners and business owners are saving money while dramatically reducing the amount of air pollution and carbon dioxide (CO2) they release into the atmosphere.

It doesn’t just stop there, our expertise extends in energy-efficient water heating solutions, we offer the best energy saving solutions for household water heating as well as the most efficient pool heaters.

All of our energy consultants are fully trained industry professionals that are honest, helpful & non-pushy. As each household & business uses its energy differently, nothing is one size fits all. Please take your time to explain your energy consumption & what you’re looking to resolve, and our energy consultant will be able to provide a fully customised proposal that’s tailored for you!

At Empower Solar Perth, our focus is you! We strive to provide you with the smoothest and easiest process from start to finish. Each system is installed with the highest quality of work, our high standard of services to you will remain the same no matter if it’s pre-sale or after-sale. With Empower Solar Perth, you can always rest assured that you are dealing with a company that cares about you.

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $4,995 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Empower Solar Perth Reviews (43)

LOOK NO FURTHER!

LOOK NO FURTHER!

I was initially looking at the iStore HWS - the pricing post the STC rebate were coming in just under $3k through a plumber and also having to source my own electrician drove the price up.
Feeling put off I started to look at Solar upgrade due to already having a system for 11 years and zero bills I wanted to maintain my bills at a low on no cost, due to the higher feed in tariff ending.

I came across several options and I can tell you some of them are very pushy to sell their products over the phone, being a bit old school I wanted a more professional approach for my custom, I then found that Empower Solar had the package for me with the 6.6kW System and the 180L iStore, the price was amazing and everything included.

Very professional sales rep, no pressure to sign up - explained everything. Logan is very knowledgable, his approach was on point - he’s a credit to your establishment. I’ll be in touch again once the rebates are available for the batteries.

On the day of install everything went like clockwork, Mike and Jake were a pleasure to have on site - even answering a few more questions during the install, plumbers and commissioning electricians all notified me of their attendance prior to showing up.

Can’t ask for more to be honest!

They even removed my old system which gave me the chance to ‘Pay it Forward’ to a family that couldn’t afford to get solar.

Professional is an understatement.

Thankyou again Empower Solar Perth!

Such an easy decision.

Very smooth installation

Sales Rep did his job well, installation was excellent clean the site after,explained the system well, customer service excellent also, now just waiting for all to happen with the system ready to go Thanks Guys see you at the Canning Vale office to have a look around Jan and Reston

Couldn't be faulted

The sales rep, Logan, was not pushy, showed us several options and let us decide what we needed.

The system was installed efficiently within 2 weeks of the deposit being taken, and accommodated us by coming on my WFH day, the team were polite, and the leader, Austen, answered all the questions I had with respect to the specific system, and suggested future enhancements (battery) when prices were cheaper for that source.

The only negative comments I have are nothing to do with Empower, and that would be that the Huawei application isn't the greatest - it will display the information you need, but it's a bit clunky, and that Western Power don't provide an app for monitoring the power generated to the grid and power pulled from the grid, which would assist us in changing our routines to get the most advantage from our solar installation.

A Good Solar Company

Outstanding service from Michael Wang and the installation crew was also tops.

Good Product, Great Installation

Excellent customer service able to work with my movements to meet and review the quoted system

Good Experience

We received a couple of quotes which were only a few dollars apart. What impressed us with Empower was the actual installers came around to assess the house before finalizing the quote. Gave me confidence that we wouldn’t get any surprises.
On the day the installation went smoothly and they cleaned up and left the place tidy.
Would have no hesitation in recommending Empower.

Quality Company

The initial enquiry was informative and gave
me the info I needed without the hard sell. They took care of all the paperwork and meter change with Western Power, hassle free.

When it came to the install it was quality workmanship and service and they cleaned up after finishing. Very pleased with our decision to use Empower Solar, I’d highly recommend them.

Excellent product and install.

Excellent product and install. The Huawei Inverter and app work great! Very happy. Only thing I wasn’t 100% happy with was the clean up, there were bunches of small metal shards left on our driveway. Our 4 yr old runs bare foot up and down the driveway. Maybe lay a sheet down to collect those bits for future jobs.

Reliable Solar Installation services end to end

Anthony Lentini was recommended to me by his previous client. Anthony was an excellent Sales Consultant , patiently explaining to me the technical specifications and end to end process of the installation on what to expect.

The proposal and pricing provided to me was fair.

I was fortunate my installation was brought forward, the installers were punctual and professionals. They explained clearly what is going to be done etc. It was a clean job, and no mess was left behind.

Great service overall

Very happy with the whole process from sourcing to completion of installation. Received invitation to visit Empower’s warehouse after first enquiry, and the salesperson was very knowledgeable and professional in his presentation.
Quote was reasonable for a 6.6kwSma/18panels Longi system they do not put a high price then offer to price match like some others.
Installation was smooth the guys started and finished on time, took around 5 hours as estimated.
After sales service was good I had a couple of enquiries and the salesperson replied promptly.
The system has been running almost two months now without problems and generating close to maximum capacity .
Very happy and would recommend Empower for sure .

Happy After 12 Months

We were very happy with the purchasing and installation process. Very professionally presented and installed and all in a short time. The process was simple and they arranged everything. We were able to select our install date.

Its now been installed over a full year and the performace has been outstanding.
During Summer it generates over 40kwh per day.
We saved over $1400 in the first full annual billing cycle. Based on that it will pay for itself in under 3 years.
That is actually better than Empower proposed.
Very Happy

Fantastic from start to finish

We were very happy with Empower Solar after having the company recommended to us by a friend. Zenzo was very informative and helpful answering our questions through the enquiry process and we were confident we were purchasing reputable and effective brands/products.
The installation was quick and thorough and the team showed us how the system and app worked. We can’t wait to save money and the environment over the coming years. Thanks Empower Solar

Fantastic service thankyou

Everything has gone well. We loved the upfront chat about financing this system.

Amazing and professional company- Empower!

Michael was the sales person from Empower that we dealt with. He was professional and was happy to come our place to discuss the quote. He reduced price slightly when we asked so we were very happy.
The installation was quick and installers arrived on time. The team had to remove our old system first and did a great job. They cleaned up all the residue afterwards so we’re very pleased with that too.
Empower did all the paperwork regarding connecting to the grid as this was a replacement solar power system for us at this house.

Great Work

Sales rep was very passionate and informative. The installation was tidy and professional - they even fit us in a week early. Very easy process all round.

New Replacement Solar Sytem

On 12th November 2020, Empower installed my new replacement system. They were not the cheapest quote nor the most expensive; but they were the ones that gave me the most confidence I was going to receive a good system and ongoing support as needed. Michael in particular has been very helpful through the process. I would definitely recommend Empower Solar.

Outstanding

The salesperson was informed, knew their products, listened to what I wanted then gave me a number of options in written quotes. Very easy to deal with

The installation team arrived on time and after a short conversation with me about location of the inverter, got straight to work. They were efficient, worked in a safe manner and were always polite. The job was completed in under 3 hours.

Customer service was faultless.

I highly recommend ESP to anyone looking to install solar power.

Ok but could’ve been better

Install went smoothly, few hiccups along the way during quoting process.
They were supposed to remove my old solar hot water panel , knew about it , gave me a mock-up plan with 2 extra panels put in the place of it and then night before installation day I was told they are not going to remove it . If I had more time I could’ve removed it myself. Not a bad company but they can improve

Couldn't Be Happier

From start to end this company had impeccable service. The customer service representative was very polite and courteous and fit everything around my schedule, also was very easy to contact and could answer any question I had. The installation went well and was finished earlier than expected on the same day. We are now enjoying our first foray into generating our own energy. These guys know their solar!
Sub Contractors installers done clean Installation of the inverter and solar panels.
Sunnyboy 5kw inverter + 18 × 370W LONGi Solar Hi-MO4m - LR4-60HPH-370M

Do not do any business with these folks thy have ripped me off thousands left with broke system

I have 6.6 kw pv system sma sunny boy 5 inverter
I have 20+ solar panels on my roof

I have sma sunny boy storage 2.5
I have lg 10kw lion battery
I have sunny boy home manager

The lg battery died over a week ago and took them days to find out it was died after i said so, the rcd circuit breaker kept trippin on the lg battery but they ignored the issue

The pv kept shutting down after voltage spikes and a dispute between western power and them kept going, ended up raising voltage parms on sma pv, and scaled back production on my solar array, also reduced next to nothing selling back energy to grid and trying to store as much as possible in battery etc

plus recharge my electric nissan leaf during the day to mitigate

I was also talked into buying sma storage unti vs sunny boy island or similar models for off grid battery backup when western power, only to be reconciled in writing and promises that a retrofit for sma sunny boy storage 2.5 unit i had would be available in the future, also sma has confirmed that my unit is not compatible, and required v5 unit etc etc etc..

i have spent 15k+ on this system only have issues noon stop, even one of solar panels is still crooked on the roof and not installed where i wanted them originally per google maps graphic etc,

please do not go with these folks they are swindlers and scammer and the service is terrible, they have to call the manufacturers all the time do not know their own products etc

i should have gone with different installer with growatt and alternate tesla powerall battery backup system etc

now im out of pocket over 10k+ with useless battery and sma storage unit in my garage, plus scaled back pv solar generation getting lost not going back to grid due to western power overvoltage logs spikes etc

even had western power do diligence change phases from white to blue but still an issue

I am now left with broken battery, sma storage unit with no communication from installer, last comm was warranty required on lg battery, and sma ticket escalated for storage unit to be retrofitted. they do not want to do business with me as i am an upset customer and do not have the right to complain to them etc etc..

i wonder how they would feel if they were in my shoes paying all this money and dealing with all these issues, looking at logs troubleshooting their installation etc etc dealing with western power installers telling me to get rid of their products change companies etc power going off alll the time, rcd breaker going on lg battery all the time, pv shutting down log alerts etc promises of 80% energy bill savings etcc

YOUR 1-STAR REVIEW LEFT US SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS!

Your review is dishonest and does not reflect our business practice and the high level of service we provide.

Below is the rundown of the timeline and response we have had since you have reported an issue with your battery on Friday, 21st of August.

- Friday morning, 21st of August, you reached out to us reporting an issue with the SMA Charger & LG Chem battery. Our operation team told you we will send our electrician to yours in the afternoon after they have completed their solar installation for the day
- Operation team reached out to SMA support. We were provided with required procedures for fault finding
- Due to the unforeseen delay of the solar installation on that day, our electrician was running behind schedule. Operation tried to call you twice to let you know we are running late but had no success.
- At 4:35pm, you sent us an email threaten us with "leaving poor reviews to all solar company services you know"
- Operation responded to you at 5pm to let you know our electrician is still coming but it will be late evening.
- At 5:31pm you emailed us again asking where is the electrician. We responded at 5:37pm and told you they have just left our office in Canning Vale and will be there in 45-55mins.
- Our electrician arrived at yours for fault finding just before 6:30pm. Where they found there was no comms between your SMA charger and the light is off on LG Battery. Electrician left your place at 7:30pm & has indicated we will reach out to SMA & LG on Monday.
- Monday morning, 24th of August, you sent us an email at 9:52am blaming battery has been offline for 4 days and again threatening us to "either come fix/replace or take away and get my money back asap". When we responded to your concern on the same day, every email was responded, electrician went to yours after-hour and indicated we will reach back to both SMA & LG to investigate further on Monday.
- Despite the continuous threatening, our operation team spent hours with SMA and LG on Monday to work out a solution. Initiated warranty claims with both manufacturers. Operation team also emailed you on Monday to let you know we are finding suitable solutions with SMA & LG Chem.
- On Tuesday morning, we received confirmation for the warranty claims & we were required to take specific readings in order for them to issue a replacement.
- Operation team then reached out to you immediately to let you know our electrician will come back to yours again on that afternoon.
- Our electrician got to yours at 3:10pm. Upon the 2nd visit, we took all the required measures for SMA & LG Chem. The electrician found out the voltage of the battery is well below the minimum voltage at 28V. Electrician reached out to LG Chem while on-site, they have confirmed the battery is dead and they will process the warranty claim and send out a replacement battery.
- Wednesday morning, 26th of August, operation team reached out to LG Chem following up the warranty claim, which we were told they are currently processing it & we will receive an email once the warranty is approved. Hence, we are waiting for the confirmation before give you another update.
- At 2:26pm on that Wednesday afternoon, you emailed us & threatening us for the 3rd time in 5 days, "what's the sla/eta or replace or take all away get my money back 2+ months battery dies not good not cheap battery and system has been down for 5+ days already - how long ? :("
- Operation team then responded to you the same evening with the warranty confirmation from LG Chem that we only just received in the late afternoon. Which LG Chem is going to ship out a new replacement battery.
- Friday, 28th of August, we received a shipping confirmation from LG Chem for the replacement battery.

In just 6 business days after raising the issue, we responded with 7 emails, 2 site visits, 5+ hours contacting and processing warranty claims with SMA & LG Chem and got a shipping confirmation with a replacement battery from LG Chem. And yet, you continuously threatening us and deliberately leaving us a 1-star review to damage our reputation and claiming our business is "swindlers and scammer and the service is terrible"???

You have been constantly threatening our operation team and ruled to our electricians. You have left our staff highly frustrated and stressed!

We install over 100 new solar system every month, we are service partners for multiple inverter manufacturers including SMA. We attend warranty call-outs a few times a week to resolve issues left behind by other dodgy solar companies and serve over 1500 customers each year. We have never had one customer that calls us unethical, swindler or scammer.

Great Experience

Excellent salesperson (Logan), honest pricing, install was flawless - highly recommend!

Good day Sam, thank you for the great review & we will pass on the kind word to Logan.

Very impressed with Empower solar

I found them very easy to work with and not pushy at all. I went for the 370W panels so there is less on the roof, a 3 phase Huawei inverter and smart meter. Installation day went very smooth the guys pulled up just after 8am and the system was powered up and on line by 2:30pm. The installation its self is very neat and tidy with the inverter installed exactly where I wanted it. I would defiantly recommend Empower solar.

Empower Solar installation

Just have my solar installation yesterday with Empower Solar. I was very pleased with their excellent customer service. Kimba, the sales person was very friendly and helpful. He help with any queries from application process, financing and the installation date was made easy for me as I request an early installment rather than the date given. The installer guys lead by Arif was pleasant, they install my solar nice and neat, want to say thank you for the gift. I was surprised he handed a small gift from Empower Solar. Overall, I was happy with the outcome, I highly recommend Empower Solar, they are one of the best in WA. Thanks for the experience!

Exceeded our expectations

Excellent company to deal with from the quote to any questions then a seamless install and now powered by the sun.

Great service and explanations - efficient

Process great
installation great and very efficient
all the necessary connections were done on my behalf - perfect

Great service very professional would definitley reccommend

Great communication during quoting stage and fast efficient install. Excellent customer service

Very friendly company and great value for money

Very detailed quote that gave us a few options.
Installers are friendly and did a beautiful and tidy job.
Customer service is great and we are so happy to have the product installed within 2 weeks for placing order.

Very Solid and Helpful

Very helpful in the quoting phase. No pressure. They arranged everything and were ready to install before us.
Job went well. Team was friendly and explained everything as they went.
We also arranged a smaller system at the same time for a relative and a different install team but same great service.
Both have been installed 6 months now with no issues.

Great value, very easy to deal with.

Great price and a good quality mid-range system. No pressure sales and very open about the products they use and the price. Installation went very smoothly and was completed in one day. Very easy company to deal with.

Fantastic installers,quality system

Sales and installers were fantastic.They were not the cheapest but the system is quality.
They arranged and sorted everything, gave me an install date, installers were on time and very friendly. Would highly recommend.

Fantastic service, great price for quality product

Right from the start Empower Solar made the whole process easy and spent the time answering my questions. The sales person, Mel, was not pushy and allowed me to take as much time as I needed. I also wasn’t forced to have someone visit my home, he was able to do all his checks remotely in order to give me accurate information and pricing. On installation day, the guys were excellent, did the job in the timeframe stated and ran us through how the inverter works. Aftersales service was just as helpful, making sure that everything went okay and that we have everything we need. We’ve already started saving money off our bill, even though we now have a second aircon as well.
One of the main reasons I chose Empower Solar is because two of the other companies I spoke to answered my questions by putting down what the competitors were doing, and tried to force their recommended systems on me when after extensive research, I was pretty set on which way to go. Mel from Empower refrained from doing that, and respected my choices and made recommendations with my preferences in mind.

Great service so far

Installers were nice, polite and keen to answer our questions

Outstanding service!

Very happy with the services we have received from this company. Although Empower solar was more expensive than some of the other quotes we have got but glad we chose them. From the sales person to the installers, everyone is very professional and friendly. After the install, I was told the instruction to set up wifi & register for my Fronius extended warranty, everyone is extremely helpful. I would recommend Empower solar perth!
Getting a solar system has always been on our mind, but never too sure where to start. We started doing some research at the start of the year, and was bit overwhelm with the different products & supplier in the market. We have contacted a few companies to start with, and none of them seemed to be interested in explain how it works rather than just wanting you to buy. Came across Empower solar perth on facebook and let my details with them.

Within a day, I got a call from Kimba. Who is very friendly and explained everything to me. I then received a quote from Kimba which has included all relevant information.

Installation was then carried out in 2 weeks, installers Austen & Nick are very friendly & professional, install was very clean & tidy.

Few days after the install the inverter had a voltage error, got in touch with Kimba and issue was resolved within 24 hours.

I would highly recommend them base on my personal experience. Thanks again for your great service!
I was contacted by 3 companies. One insisted on a site visit presumably to pressure sell; they did not show up to the appointment and I never heard from them again. The second company called frequently to tell me that they'd beat any quote but didn't seem to have adequate technical knowledge, proposed a poor roof arrangement and wouldn't put the inverter in my garage. I also contacted a fourth company that advertises regularly in the newspaper; I asked them to send me a quote by email but I didn't receive anything. In contrast, Empower was professional, proposed a good split panel arrangement to maximise solar exposure and installed the inverter in the garage at no additional cost. Jason responded promptly to all my queries and the system was installed 3 weeks after paying the deposit. I'm more than happy to recommend Empower on the basis of my experience.
The 3 companies put forward were all good, but a friend then suggested I chat with Empower.
As I had shading issues, they suggested going for Enphase micro inverters and just went that little bit further in everything they did.
We got the usual 3 quotes and in the end went with Empower because they offered the best solution including for our projected long-term needs and not just what was 'technically' required for what we use now. In short, they listened and provided a sustainable long-term option that allows us to add a battery storage system in the future that will work seamlessly with our panels and inverter. They also gave us tips on our power usage to ensure we change some of our usage to bring it into daylight hours so we can maximise savings.

Also, the installation team were excellent as well and the whole fitment and set-up was done on-time and the site was left clean and tidy.

A very professional organisation and highly recommended
We obtained 4 quotes from different solar companies, Empower solar isn't the cheapest out of the 4, but they are the most professional and friendly. They helped us with all the questions we had and has taken a lot of time to explain the different products. All the installers are very professional as well, great quality of workmanship with no mess left after the install.

I'd highly recommend Empower solar to anyone, thanks again for providing great products & services!
From first contacting Empower Solar to the installation of my new 6.6kw system I could not fault this company.
The salesman Leo was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions I had regarding the system or installation.
The system was installed promptly on the day we had arranged without any issues. The installation team was very friendly and professional.
Overall I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend Empower Solar to anyone who is thinking of getting a system installed.
My existing inverter was broken done, had a shonky installer fitted another installer but caught on fire. Empower solar perth came and replaced it with a new inverter, when the installer found out the previously isolator used was incorrect, they put in a new isolator for me free of charge. Top services from the guys at Empower solar perth.
Installed a 6.6kW system with GCL solar panels & GoodWe inverter.
The team is very professional & friendly. Always helpful all the way!
Highly recommended.