Essential Solar

Essential Solar Reviews

Essential solar is a family owned renewable energy company established in 2012.

We are a high-quality retailer, designer and installer of both residential and commercial solar PV rooftop generators.

Our success lies in our devotion to quality of products and our enthusiastic staff dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing the right solution to each and everyone of our customers while focusing on Performance, Quality and Reliability.

At Essential Solar we regard every company and residential customer an important part of our business. We pride ourselves in providing exception advice, support and service from our first consultation to years after installation.

As well as the environmental benefits of solar power, we understand that an important driver to install solar is to save money. Our qualified CEC design team will ensure the best panel layout for your premises based on a number of factors, including shading, roof availability and electrical parameters to maximise efficiency of your system and providing the best financial return.

Of course, purchasing a solar PV is a long-term commitment so the reliability of the components of the entire system is critically important and for that reason Essential Solar’s CEC accredited installers will only install Tier 1 products. We are accredited direct service partners with Fronius Australia and believe our business relationships is an important aspect of our company to be able to supply our customers with the latest and most efficient products on the market and continue to provide our customers with the best support possible.

Don’t waste sunlight – make the sunshine work for you.

Reviewers report paying: $5,000 - $8,700 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Essential Solar Reviews (633)

4.3/5

Very responsive, only company to do an on-site inspection prior to putting a system quote together

The sales / quoting process was a very thorough face-to-face experience
I was kept updated regarding the installation process. The team arrived on time, were polite and cleaned up well. Photos were shown to me afterwards and I was taken through the system step by step. There was a minor glitch with my oven being disconnected during the installation process but this was rectified the next day.
I have been informed by ES that an inspector has been allocated to my property but I am yet to hear from them.

No fuss.

Really good experience entering the Solar market with Essential Solar. Great team of installers that were happy to answer all of my questions.

Kathryn, thank you so much for the review! I’m glad to hear that you had a good experience.

Cannot fault in any way!!

I met Harry, Phil and Nat on the 8th April. Throughout the whole process from 8am - of which they were very puncture to turn up and ready for work from the word go. Set up the panels, inverter and was finished early afternoon. Thank you guys. Thank you Harry for your explanation and talked us through the following process.
I want to express my gratitude especially to Jessica who was so very helpful over the phone and correspondence by emails. Thank you to Edmund as well. Your whole work ethic is beyond comparison, Even after service care, Jess you have been so patient talking me through - on the phone for nearly 20 minutes to help me understand and connect to the portal. Marvellous work guys. I am already ranting and raving about your company and your excellent work to friends and colleagues. I look forward to when you are able to install hot water pump once your in-house discussions are completed.
Thank you guys!!!!

Would recommend. Much more professional than many others

Overall, I would recommend Essential Solar. Although there were areas for improvement, such as the last minute nature of scheduling, the service was good. The customer service team were always responsive when contacted and the inspection and installation team were professional and explained the process thoroughly. Having had contact with 10+ companies when choosing a provider, Essential Solar were easily the best for pre-sales, they were the only company to visit in person before quoting and Hayley got into a lot of detail on design, process and how the panels would get the roof (tall two storey townhouse with odd roof shapes) which all others ignored.

Positive Solar Experience with Essential Solar.

I chose Essential Solar because they were recommended by a friend. Her experience had been a positive one and she had been impressed with the ease of their service. I also had the same experience. The company rep was patient and answered all questions, and the company were happy to supply further information after the meeting on request. Each time I called the company to check on things or needed help with the documentation, they helped me through it and it all happened very smoothly.

When the installation day had been set, I was thrilled to get a call from the company to say they were able to bring the date forward. Once again very happy with the way the installation went over the day and my property was left clean and tidy.

The process continued with the grid connection and I'm seeing the benefits already. Thank you Essential Solar!!!

Excellent Top Quality Designer & Installer

From first contact the sales staff and quoting process was smooth. Firoz listened to our requirements and tailored a system to suit our needs. As we were installing into a new build double storey hebel house we were able to get advice on cable runs before plastering commenced at frame stage.

Due to Covid there were some delays securing panels and a battery but Essential Solar we upfront with these delays and even upgraded our solar panels at no cost due to stock shortages.

Installation went smoothly; being installed accross two days of the week. Both teams were on time at 7am. One day for solar and another full day for the battery. The installation work both in hardware and wiring was impresive; both tidy and neat and the installers were all friendly.

They tidyed up after themselves and left the house and yard clean.

All the office staff were friendly and responded promptly. They arranged the certificate of electrical safety (COES) and meter reprogram within days of install.

After the system was switched on there was some error messages on the Enphase enlighten portal around the consumption monitoring. A quick email and within 30 minutes the problem (software based) was fixed.

All in all I cannot fault Essential Solar. They delivered as they promised and completed a top notch install. I have no problem recomending them and I already have to a friend.

Very professional

I chose this supplier as they were the only ones who came out to look at the job before quoting.
The sales person and customer service team were very friendly and efficient and not at all pushy.
The whole process was so easy. They took care of everything. The system was installed quickly and the guys were very friendly, clean and tidy.
I highly recommend this company as they have been in this business for a long time and they are very professional.

Would Recommend Company

Essential Solar , Tullamarine ,Ray in sales was great, Very Professional knew his stuff, went with Maxion 5 with enphase microinverters, good system and a good price.

Safety rail went up 3 days prior, guys were great even replaced a broken tile, not there fault so all ready for installers.

Nicky the lead installer was very informative , i ask many questions always got an informative answer, very quick install and done professionally and very neatly and last but not least Jessica in admin nothing to much trouble very quick to answer an inquiry ,we had small problem will app she fixed it very quickly.

Overall a very smooth experience, but i would add ask upfront how long from acceptance of quote to install date, as they are very busy

A few minor inconveniences

I had a number of companies quote, or offer to quote and never heard from again to install a solar system on a somewhat difficult roof.

I had 3 companies (of the 6 or so quotes I got) actually attend on site and do an inspection. One of those was Essential Solar. We selected Essential Solar based on the reviews here, and the responsiveness we got from the company (ie we hoped we would get the same response if things went wrong) and that they were listed installers on the Enphase website.

Our install was completed in January 2022. The install team (employees, and not subcontractors) were punctual on the first day and got quite a bit of work achieved despite the terrible weather. Unfortunately I was under the impression that the install would be completed the next day, and wasnt advised that it wouldn't be when the installation was booked. The install wasn't completed until a week or so later. I wasn't given a date when the installers left the first day. Their office contacted me a few days later.

During the install I pointed out a few chipped tiles and was advised they would be replaced. We have sufficient spares and these were made available to the install team. Unfortunately it appears that they were not replaced. Due to a double storey dwelling, Im unsure how many additional tiles should have been replaced and were not.

We're currently in the process of arranging metering with Jemena and have been delayed by Essential Solar not completing the paper work fully. This has added some additional delay in getting the metering completed & feed in tarrifs applied to our electricity account.

Overall I'm happy with Essential Solar, and the system we chose but would not be able to give full five stars for install and customer service based on our experience.

Great service, legendary installers and good vibes

I had about 3 other Solar companies provide me quotes, the only one that gave me a good vibe was Essential Solar.

Essential Solar came out to my property, listened to what my needs are and what I was I looking for. Answered all my questions and helped me understand the process from the get go. The sales rep (Paul) was honest, clear and helpful and didn't try to up sell me. Paul was very clear and honest about the fact that they weren't the cheapest but the service and the quality they provide is top notch.

The admin team have been lovely to deal with and have answered all my questions if I was unsure. Thanks Jess, Jess and Edmond.

Major points that made me choose Essential Solar:

- No subcontractors - the installer team were all employees of Essential Solar and this was a major plus for me

- Provided high quality panels and inverters

- Process was clear from the beginning

Installation:

- Nick, Brad and Adam were absolute champions arrived on time both days and did a fantastic job, took care of the property as if it were their own.

- Cleaned up any mess that was made

Post installation:

- At the time of this review I am only one day after the install so my solar panels aren't connected to the grid just yet

10/10 will recommend to all!

Solutions oriented service

Highly responsive, professional service and really clear pricing and process. The Sales staff were very helpful in generating solutions to our challenge to generate as much electricity as possible.

Excellent Service, Took the time to understand our needs and requirements

Great Company. Essential Solar was really good in design, implementing and support of our Solar System. They were the only company that actually came to our house and checked the roof. We have a narrow roof line, so they came up with the best panels to fit our roof line.

All the other companies just used software to check our roof, which meant they quotes solar panels that didn't actually physically fit. Essential Solar took the time to design a system which had the best panels to fit our roof line.

They also gave us suggestions on how to effectively use our appliances to maximize the savings for electricity and to get the most out of the solar system.

The installation was fantastic and the guys who did the installation was great.

We initially didn't have permission to export to the grid, but a month or 2 after we had the solar system installed, we got permission. The team had Essential Solar came back and reconfigured the system to allow the feed in.

I would highly recommend them.

happy customer

Essential Solar - great to deal with . everything went very smooth . no problems . great service . excellent job done .
installers were Puctual , cleaned up any mess .
organised everything . took about a week from start to finish . with inspector coming and turning system on .
would recommend .

Smooth and trouble free Installer with great support.

The Installer, Essential Solar, were very supportive during all stages of the procedure. The sales consultant was clear, precise, patient and a pleasure to work with during a stressful decision making process. All questions answered professionally with satisfactory end result. Over a series of quotes both over and under the final acceptance, I was able to determine that paying a little more and ordering a larger than required system was the way to go. As an ongoing investment for now and in the future, the choice of a Fronius Inverter (partnering with Essential Solar, and being in close proximity) assured me of a mutual business connection that suggested that a symbiotic business arrangement encouraged peace of mind in the ultimate selection. Full support from the office was enjoyed up till the instalment date (and beyond); the Safety Rail installers was fast and efficient, the installation team were on time; worked quickly and quietly with minimum impact. They were polite, cleaned up after the job and demonstrated professional behaviour. The office, to my pleasant surprise, organised the grid connection procedures for me, adding to my overall peace of mind, leaving me with a great deal of confidence in placing my trust with this company, with no regrets. Choosing a Solar installation is a testing experience, but Essential Solar/Fronius co. made the whole procedure a pleasurable experience. Having their own installers was also very assuring Highly recommended.

Original Review on 25-05-2020:

Great experience

Great installer, helpful and informative salesperson and a fantastic administration team in the office. Original ratings

14 months later we asked Edward: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I'm absolutely stoked with my setup from Essential Solar. Summer was incredibly eye opening in terms of the amount the system can generate but also just how much power we use.
I've had a couple of interactions with the retailer/installer post installation, just questions I had about the setup or my circumstances and they've been excellent. Always happy to talk to me and ready to email me about anything I need.
Over 12 months in and still very happy with the choice we made off the back of information provided by Solar Quotes.

Original Review on 25-11-2020:

Excellent Company - made the process easy

Essential Solar was prompt to respond to our initial queries regarding solar. We were rather learning on the go and decided to include micro-inverters and upgrade the panels from the initial quote. Over that time, we worked with two salespeople as there was a transition occurring at the company. Both were excellent in responding to our queries and they liaised to ensure we were obtaining what we wanted.

Due to Victoria's lockdown, we waited for 2 months for the installation. As soon as the restrictions were lifted, Essential Solar contacted us to set a date for the install. Nick and the installation team were also excellent. They were prompt, took time to protect the house from any marks and damage and discussed our options of where to put the power box and the lay-out of the panels. The day of the install it rained in the late morning so they were unable to complete the installation on the day but were back within a week to finish the job. The crew was courteous and ensured everything was cleaned up.

The customer services was exemplary. The two ladies in the office were very pleasant and highly efficient. Essential Solar took care of everything from providing information about the state rebate, with general inquiries and the connection to the grid. They provide full service, from purchase, installation, grid connection, monitoring the system and maintenance. I could not recommend them any higher.

7 months later we asked Karen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are as happy with our solar system a year after installation as the day it was installed.

Fantastic service. Very professional.

From initial appointment, through design, administration, installation and post-install, Essential Solar have been fantastic all the way through. Their staff are friendly, responsive and very professional. Would not hesitate to recommend Essential Solar for your solar installation.

Excellent experiene

Every aspect of dealing with Essential Solar was professional. We are very pleased with our new solar system and the service Essential Solar and the quality os the installation.

Solid Quality and Professional Installation

It's a super smooth process. The sales person explain all the details and solutions. Very good solid products. Professional installation and customer service.

Very happy with this company. Would highly recommend them.

Vipul the salesman who came to gave me the quote was very professional, very knowledgeable and explained everything well. Installers were punctual and polite. Good customer service, no problems at all.

Absolutely brilliant

From start to finish, the entire process was fast, professional and seamless. There was no pressure during the quoting process to go in any particular direction, but lots of good advice was given so that we could make our own choice.

Communication throughout the period from quoting to post-installation was exemplarary.

Thanks you Essential Solar, would definitely use you again

Great installer

The quoting process was really good. Worked out whats best for our circumstances and future plans. Installation was clean and they were very fast and efficient, they went out of their way too to replace pre existing broken roof tiles.

Customer service was good, communication through emails and phone was spot on. All the information needed was provided. Thank you Essential Solar.

Original Review on 17-07-2020:

Good at the beginning then poor communication afterwards.

Sales/quoting was prompt.

Installation people polite there return times to finish poor.

Customer service poor communication.

8 months later we asked Rick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I think so, still receiving a small power bill on previous accounts.

Good Service

Essential Solar was great from the sales team, customer services through to the installers.

It did take a while for the installation because they were just flat out over December / January but it did get it completed in the end.

Nick the electrician and his team were polite, affable and friendly when they came for the installation and Jessica was great to work with, following up on my appointment etc.

All in, would recommend to family and friends.

Daniel

Highly Recommend

From our first google search about Solar Panels to being connected to the grid, Essential Solar processes are so streamlined it made the decision & installation very easy & stress free. We chose Essential Solar after recommendations from a local Facebook page, Vincent, a knowledgeable professional came out to quote & within10 weeks our panels were installed & connected, this includes time for applying for the state government rebate & during the pandemic. Highly recommend Essential Solar!

Highly recommended

We'd be happy to recommend Essential Solar to anyone considering installing solar panels. Vipul came to our house and spent an hour explaining our options very clearly. He answered all our questions so we could make our own decisions. The installation itself also went very smoothly, Essential Solar arrived at the time they said they would and did an excellent job. We are very happy with our new solar system.

Premium quality service, installation and after sales support

Vipul from Sales was very good in explaining things to me and clarifying all the options. The team tailored a solution combining both my preferences and the science of solar power production :-).

The installation crew was very professional and did the job on a double story with three orientations ( north / east /west ). Also had a very good chat with the electrician / installer on the operation of the system.
After the install the solar was verified by independent electrician (next business day) and meter reconfigured to start recording my exported electricity within 7 days.

The system itself with enphase is amazing as I start generating electricity very early in the morning (pretty much at sunrise) and keep producing till late (almost till sunset). Also performs really well on cloudy days.
Very happy with the install and service.

Essential Solar - second to none!

From beginning to end the team at Essential Solar (ES) made all aspects of acquiring a solar system easy and seamless. The sales consultant was knowledgeable, attentive, responsive, and professional. He asked questions and considered my needs/preferences to formulate a recommendation that was suitable and within budget. The support staff and installers were just as professional and helpful. I also liked the fact that ES doesn't employ sub contractors to install the system, it's all done in-house. Highly recommend ES to anyone looking to have a solar system installed.

Outstanding Work & Information - Permanent employed installers, Office staff & Managers, courteous & so helpful

Essential Solar are Ab Fab - 10 Gold Stars. My husband is mid 80s & me 80 next year! Had personal interview in our home, who explained the whole system & left us with printed information. We took notes, then sent half a dozen questioning emails, to which we received prompt replies with precise answers every time from their efficient & helpful office. Both my husband & I learned much. They gave us several comprehensive quotes on three different kW Solar sizes. Their permanently employed installation staff were extremely pleasant & especially helpful to my husband when here, polite & cleaned up afterwards. A Real Pleasure to deal with. So Excited with exceptional results.

Great quality and service. Premium installer

We received about 10 different solar quotes from various providers, as wanted to make sure we received the right product/service and paid the right, fair price. We then chose Essential Solar and do not regret it. The sales process was clear, the communication throughout was very good, as was the quality of the install back in November 2020. Since that time we have been very happy with the output of our new system. The service team at Essential are very good at answering the various questions along the way such as connecting to the grid, feed in tariffs, warranties etc. Overall, we were looking for a higher end solar system, with long warranties, installed by a company with a good history and reputation and we believe we got that in Essential Solar.

Great customer service

The sales and quoting service were great. Firoz provided information about the best system tailored to our house and our needs. He explained his reasoning for suggesting the particular combination of panels and inverters but also provided the option of different set-ups, so I felt I really understood the pros and cons of our different options and was making an informed choice. Firoz provided contact details and also reached out via phone and email to answer any questions while I considered the quote. Firoz and his team were efficient in providing the quote and commencing the process of rebate applications so that the installation can be completed as soon as possible.
N.B. rating has not been given for installation as this has not happened yet.

It was a pleasure dealing with Essential Solar.

We contacted Essentialsolar via their website and requested a quote and we were then contacted the same day by one of their pre-sales persons (Vipul) who discussed our requirements and situation in an open and friendly manner. Vipul provided us with a detailed quote the next day.
After getting 8 quotes we decided to proceed with Essentialsolar and asked Vipul to come to our home to look at the site in person and discuss the solar solution. Vipul turned up when he said he would and explained everything to our satisfaction. He pointed out (correctly) that the panel positioning we had agreed upon may be changed on the day when the installation team get up on the roof and are able to more accurately assess the physical situation.

The installation team turned up at the agreed time on the agreed day and within 30 minutes the Electrician came to me and suggested a slightly different panel layout, explaining clearly why he thought the new layout was better. I agreed to this and the team got to work. They were all polite, friendly and professional. We had 15 panels installed starting at 07:30 and finishing by 14:00. The installation was very neat and tidy. They were able to run the cabling inside the wall so there is no ducting visible. Also the electrician, seeing that our switchboard box had plenty of room in it was able to put all of the solar electrical terminations in there thus allowing for a much smaller additional box to host the monitoring equipment. The end result is a very tidy and very professional installation job. At the end of the install the electrician showed me all of the panels working by logging into the monitoring system and giving me a brief tour of it, showing me the total power production and the power being produced by each of the 15 panels.

The installation took place on the Friday, the Victorian solar assessor turned up, checked the install and approved it on the following Monday. Essentialsolar submitted all the paper work that day and we received the log in details to our solar monitoring system the next day (Tuesday). Yesterday the 21/1/21 (sunny all day here in Melbourne) we produced 36.1 kWh and as a family of 4 in a double story home consumed 20kWh, and between 8:30AM and 7PM we consumed nothing from the grid.
Very happy with every aspect of our experience with Essentialsolar.

System installed: 15xLG Neon2 with Enphase IQ7 plus microinverters
Total system power: 5.475 kW

Successful Installation

From our first phone first contact we have been impressed with service provided .Quoting our job was seemless( Nearmap makes this process easy) and we were pleased with the price ,after acceptance we were soon notified of an installation date which was adhered to.The installation proceeded without any issues.Wireless setup to Enphase Enlighten presented a couple of problems as solar installation was completed before our NBN was connected but this was easily sorted when we were connected. Our system was installed initially by Essential Solar with 19 panels(6080 W) in Nov 2018 .We decided later to add a further 7 panels (2310 W) and were happy to have Essential Solar back in June 2020.

Fantastic Installer, no hassle, punctual, very professional

I had great experience with Essential Solar, from the sales/ quoting process to the installation. Everything was explained to me clearly and professionally. The installation was on time, quick and very clean. The system has been working as quoted, it's been 5 months and everything is flawless. The customer service team is also very friendly and helpful.

Original Review on 22-04-2020:

Professional and honest company

From a great , honest and educational salesman who explained everything clearer installation team were punctional and very business , professional in their work and were happy to chat and explain the whole process in simple language which I enjoyed highly recommend this company 10 out 10. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Zoran: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Way above expectations

Professional and reliable solar sytem company

Very good customer experience. From quoting to pre-install, installation and post-install it was all very professional with staff being patient with my questions and helping me understand. They also really put thought into how your system is best placed and how to care for my system.

Quoting was done effortlessly and was very well priced.
Installation was punctual and the team were fast and professional.
Customer service is responsive and reliable and they do care.

Happy customer here.

New Home Solar Installation.

I have selected "Essential Solar" as the installer of my home solar system under the recommendation of a workmate, who had the system installed for a year.

I had studied the specifics of my mate's system and agree that my installation will be somehow similar to his system.

An email contacting "Essential solar" a local company in my area of residence, started the process in my case. A representative made an appointment and explained my own personal options.

A preliminary agreement was agreed and then more feedback from the technical department of Essential Solar endorsing the specifics of my chosen system Seattle the contract.

My solar system was installed within a day, load tested and then an electrical inspector approved my installation to be
connected to the mains with two weeks.

Today my system is producing plenty of power for my personal use and some to spare back to the mains.

I receive almost daily reports from the monitoring company "Enphase" which keeps an eye on the efficiency of my system for me, I got an app installed on my mobile phone and personal laptop for my personal review.

The system is working as expected and I'm very satisfied with the customer service from Essential Sollar.

Regards.

Marco.

Essential Solar - Impressive team and service

Their sales and quoting process was simple and comfortable in our own home during the current pandemic. Things progressed in a timely manner once installation was allowed. The team arrived punctually, were polite, tidy and considerate. After the install we were extremely pleased with how quickly we were connected to the grid. We are extremely grateful and very happy. We will highly recommend Essential Solar to anyone who is interested in getting solar installed. You should be proud of your team.

Easy, hassle free solar installation!

I contacted Essential Solar for a quote after attempting to do this with a number of other providers, and they made it easy by sending out a representative (Tam Le) to talk us through the whole process.
Once we decided on a system that would suit us, Tam got the ball rolling and everything else was done for us by the team at Essential Solar.
I haven't needed to worry about a thing since.

Original Review on 30-03-2020:

Great company, highly recommend

Quote process - they came on time we’re prepared and professional, this was the only company who immediately booked a tome to come to my house. They went through options & came up with a good quality system to fit my budget. Install was excellent, they have their own workforce of tradies who work in dedicated teams, they were professional, quick and tidy and spent time problem solving to get the best location for panels and inverter. customer Service were proactive & helpful all the way through getting my application lodged & helping me to do my part, following up with paperwork and connection to the grid. Always very quick and responsive on email and calls. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Lynda: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes my systems doing a fantastic job, I started working from home fulltime from March due to COVID and my system was turned on a couple of days later, my bills through winter weren't more then $25 and they've actually been in credit since September

Excellent Installer

Our experience with Essential Solar has been excellent following our decision to install solar, beginning with a speedy & efficient quotation process through to a great team of installers who were punctual, friendly & did the job efficiently whilst communicating effectively with us throughout.
The company's customer service was excellent throughout, friendly, communicated very effectively & were only too happy to assist with any queries we had.
They are in the process of organising the grid connection after recently receiving inspection approval.
Overall we're very pleased with our choice of solar installer.

Very pleasing all round experience

From an honest and efficient quoting process to timely and professional installation - very happy with the entire chain. I'd heard the horror stories, but Essential Solar are a professional outfit. Even had a problem of a switch tripping after installation, which was quickly and painlessly addressed. Would recommend.

Couldn't be happier.

The overall experience was a breeze and beautifully done.
From moment of emailing off the initial inquiry to the following up process.
Sales, and quoting was easy.
The installation was smooth, the installers were polite, tidy, punctual and funny.
The customer service and following up has been amazing. Especially the getting on the grid once installed.
Couldn't be happier.
Would recommend to anyone who's looking for an solar install.

great service

very professional, company use their own installers, offered a site visit and sent installers to do a roof inspection even before any deposit was paid. Very different to the bulk of the other quotes I received and I'm happy to pay more for better service.

Superior service from start to finish

Superior service from start to finish. Essential Solar visited my house before providing a quote. Scheduling in a time for installation was simple - thanks Jessica. The install team - staff not sub contractors - were a delight to have around the house; especially the singing. Highly recommended company with great people, and great solar systems.

Great pre sales, PM and installation teams. They did what they said they would do.

Working with Essential Solar was easy from start to finish. Pre Sales asked heaps of questions about what I was trying to achieve out of the system. They provided details about the industry none of the three other vendors I engaged with provided.
The project manager provided timely updates and emailed through the entire process keeping me well informed of all the steps. Also happily answered the gazillion questions I had.
The installation team was very friendly, courteous, and efficient. They kept me informed throughout the day and updated me with any of the little speed humps that occur on any project. The attitude across all the team of installers was excellent.

Smooth Process. Administration Officer, Installer and Sales Representative were all Reliable.

During COVID the Essential Solar team had to work from home, but they still made sure our solar installation process was as smooth and reliable as possible. Firoz the sales representative went out of his way to assist with additional documents requested by Solar Victoria for our Government rebate. Nick the installer was careful and attentive to the safety rules and regulations so we would have no issues with the safety inspector. Hayley the administration officer was quick to get our monitoring system up and running; forward instructions and all necessary documents to our energy retailer for grid connection; and provide any copies of signed documents and photos of our solar panels at our request.

We can be 100% sure that everything is in order.

Great experience overall

We had great experience from start to finish. The customer service was good, the technician who did the quoting provided us all the required information and patiently answered all our questions. The installation went smoothly and promptly. We have received our first bill after solar panels have been installed and we can very clearly see the difference in terms of reduced daily usage and the money saved. Overall, it was a good decision to go with Essential Solar!

Great Customer Service

We chose to go with Essential Solar based on their price and the overall quality of their product. They were great with their communication and were all ready to install and then Melbourne went into Stage 4 lockdown, putting the brakes on installation. Our contact at the company, Jessica, kept us informed of what they were trying to do to re-schedule, even apologising for the delays, which she had no control over. She kept us informed and as soon as restrictions were lifted made our installation a priority. They kept to that appointment time, turned up on time and worked to the schedule as advised.

They have been great to deal with from start to finish and I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Essential Solar review

My son actually got me interested in Solar power several years ago but I was skeptical. There were many Solar installers and I was always getting bombarded by different companies. As my electric bill slowly increased I spoke to my son again and he supplied me with a verbal recommendation for Essential Solar as well as a pamphlet he still had from his essential Solar installation.
Paul Hammond from Essential Solar visited me and was extremely helpful in showing me various systems and inverter types which I could utilize and quoted me on the system I eventually bought. He went through the process and supplied all the necessary information needed, contact details and Government rebate information etc.
The installation process was seamless and appeared well planned. It is a large system and the 3 engineers had it up and running within a day.
All other checks by Electrical engineer and power supply company were pre arranged by Essential Solar and the whole system was online within a week.