Essential Solar Reviews

About Essential Solar, Solar Installers

Essential Solar
Platinum Partner
Essential Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 89 097 523 361  ABN active since 17 Jul 2001 | Riddell Design Services Pty Ltd
ACN: 097 523 361  ACN active since 17 Jul 2001 | Riddell Design Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: 15993 Riddell Design Services Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $6,000 - $8,535 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Essential solar is a family owned renewable energy company established in 2012.

We are a high-quality retailer, designer and installer of both residential and commercial solar PV rooftop generators.

Our success lies in our devotion to quality of products and our enthusiastic staff dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing the right solution to each and everyone of our customers while focusing on Performance, Quality and Reliability.

At Essential Solar we regard every company and residential customer an important part of our business. We pride ourselves in providing exception advice, support and service from our first consultation to years after installation.

As well as the environmental benefits of solar power, we understand that an important driver to install solar is to save money. Our qualified CEC design team will ensure the best panel layout for your premises based on a number of factors, including shading, roof availability and electrical parameters to maximise efficiency of your system and providing the best financial return.

Of course, purchasing a solar PV is a long-term commitment so the reliability of the components of the entire system is critically important and for that reason Essential Solar’s CEC accredited installers will only install Tier 1 products. We are accredited direct service partners with Fronius Australia and believe our business relationships is an important aspect of our company to be able to supply our customers with the latest and most efficient products on the market and continue to provide our customers with the best support possible.

Don’t waste sunlight – make the sunshine work for you.

Essential Solar Solar Reviews

Ask me again after the panels have been installed, or maybe wait until this time next year. Show additional information

Fantastic Installers, who provide the full package

Out of several installers, Essential Solar was the only one who actually came to my house to provide a quote. This was a contributing factor in my decision to go with them, including the fact that they used their own installers, did almost all of the work and follow up, and were reasonably priced. All in all, I felt they provided the most comprehensive package, and made the entire process painless.
From start to finish, they did an excellent job. Ray who provided the quote was fantastic, informative and patient with all my queries, the installers were terrific, very professional, polite and cleaned up after themselves, and Jessica and the other girls in the office were always polite and helpful. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone looking to install solar.

Thorough, competent, good value

Thoroughly professional from start to finish. All commitments made were delivered on time. System tailored to our needs. Installers terrific. After sales queries more than adequately responded to. Show additional information

Great install. Great Customer Service

Essential solar certainly weren't the cheapest quote, but I went with them because I had a tricky 2 storey install and wanted confidence that the system would be installed to last, rather than installed to work for 3 years. My solar consultant Ray was knowledgeable, eager but not pushy.

The Victorian rebate scheme is one big hurdle, but the customer service at Essential Solar guided me through the process in real time to ensure I was one of the lucky few to secure a place within the 1 hour rebate window.

The installation team arrived on time, were polite and diligent - even when they needed to come back to complete the install on a different day. I understand the team are employees as well, rather than contractors - and that was another core reason for choosing Essential Solar.

The only downside was that the install price was on the high side - but as the adage goes; a product's quality will long outlast the initial sting of its price.

Great installation job by the Essential Solar team. Good quality workmanship and product.

The sales and quoting process was very educational and accurately informative on what type of system would work for my energy use and property size.
The installation was very punctual, tidy and polite.
Customer service was very good, and helpful in organizing grid connection and app setup for my personal monitoring of the solar system.

Easy process, dedicated customer service team, best system

The process was easy and automated after the first meeting, with the sales rep still able to answer my calls/questions.

Dedicated installers (not contractors) did a good job and we helpful and friendly

Still in the process of connecting to the grib but they're handling the process for us.

Top Notch Installer

From the first phone contact through to completion, this team was professional, friendly and informative. Every person involved in the process were highly efficient and performed their job to the utmost. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Show additional information

Supplier did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. Offered extra services to rationalise property power supply. Value for money unknown, but happy with the result

Sales quoting: Informed and helpful, but not assertive. Two n site visits prior to final quote
Installation: Punctual, tidy, friendly and very professionally executed
Customer Service: Organised grid connection and retailer plan as soon as installed

Not the cheapest, but excellent quality

We sought 3 quotes starting in June. Essential Solar were the only ones who quoted in person. The quoting and installation were straightforward- tradespeople attended at the nominated time, completed the work as planned, and left no mess. We had some discussion about location of panels beforehand and found their replies prompt and helpful. We received all the necessary paperwork with no hassles for us.
We had a cheaper quote but ultimately went with this provider as they instilled the most confidence in us that the job would be done right. So far (about 2 weeks post install) that appears to be correct. I feel we got a premium product with good service. Would recommend.

I found them to be very easy to deal with, right from the quote, to the office girls, to the installers, I would certainly use them again

Absolutely wonderful.
They where on time, clean and very respectful
Absolutely wonderful

Helpful & knowledgeable. Thanks Ray!

Salesperson was very knowledgeable & helpful. Office staff were very cluey about the VicSolar rebate. Installed on time. System good so far. Great experience. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer

Selected this company from previous users reviews.
Excellent information provided by sales representative.
Installation straight forward. Staff pleasant and punctual.
Customer service is excellent. Very polite, helpful and pleasant staff.
Everything from start to finish was organised by Essential Solar. Kept us well informed of the process and everything ran very smoothly.

Trouble-free installation

During the sales/quoting process all our questions got answered. The installation was carried-out as planned and the crew cleaned-up afterwards, leaving no mess behind. And the office was helpful in getting us connected to the internet and obtain real-time figures for solar energy generated.

Also, our property got selected for safety inspection and there were no issues.

Very professional installers. Excellent work and customer service .

Good explanation of solar, excellent workmamship, good customer service and follow up. Show additional information

QUALITY SERVICE, GREAT PRODUCT AND OVERALL THE BEST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH

From start to finish the whole deal was seamless, the onsite quoting and explanation of the product, the ontime installation and high standard of the installers and last but not least the office staff with their friendly no problems attitude of answering of our many questions. Thankyou Show additional information

A1 Customer Service

From start to finish Essential Solar were amazing. The Customer Service team deserves a pat on the back. I had many issues with the Vic Solar rebate but Essential Solar helped me thru the whole awkward process until we got the final result. I can't say enough good things about this team and the installation. The actual installation day was just as amazing, no hiccups and ran completely on time and just a great job. Thank you Essential Solar :) Show additional information

Excellent

Ray from Essential Solar attended to inspect site for positioning of panels and inverter,he was very helpful with technical data.I decided on Sunpower panels (8.125kw) and Fronius inverter (8.2kw).Installers were great,they informed me of a wiring problem in the switchboard which has now been fixed.The system has now been working for 10 months and has performed above expectations and the most pleasing thing - no power bills.Thanks to everyone at Essential Solar Show additional information

We have been very satisfied with the whole process to date. Essential solar provided a good service right through from the quote process, to assistance with the government rebate/loan process, to the installation team and to sales support. The team who installed the system were punctual, approachable, polite and friendly and the sales team were fantastic.

So far we have had no problems with the system and have it all up and running including a quick connection with the energy retailer so that we are getting money back from power not used at home.

Essential Solar 10/10

I was originally going with another well known local Solar Company, but decided to get some other quotes to compare.
I looked up SolarQuotes and asked for 2 quotes - and Essential Solar was the only one to contact me.

ES send out their Reps to check on your site before giving you a quote ... which suited me as I was concerned about shading from next doors 2-story House and Tall trees causing shading issues. The original Solar Company did not send out anyone to address my shading concerns.
This, plus ES quoted a price that wasn't much more than the original Company, but had 10 better quality Sunpower P19 320W panels compared to the other's Q-cell 305W panels that didn't have similar shading technology.

I was having difficulty with my SolarVic application and had missed out on the August and September application quota but somehow ES was able to enable me to continue the process that had been blocked due to limited quotas being filled. I asked ES if I could get their assistance with filling out the application form which they happily obliged. My application was accepted shortly afterwards and Essential sorted out all the rest of the paperwork leading up to and including Installation which was done by a 3 Man team. They were Professional, friendly, hard working and efficient. Very happy with the Installation which took just over 7 hours to complete.

The 3.2kW Enphase with 10x Sunpower P19 using the excellent MyEnlighten monitoring is performing much better than expected and can't wait
for Powercor to connect the FIT so that I can start taking advantage.

Thanks heaps to the wonderful staff at Essential Solar. Highly recommended.

Excellent installer

Straight forward quotes, excellent service, seamless installation and no pressure throughout the process. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer

From day one of the quoting to the installation of the solar system I have been kept informed of the progress and assisted by the staff with all aspects of this project. The installation went smoothly and the guys were friendly and explained the process and cleaned up any mess.
I could not be happier with the result and would recommend this company to anyone requiring solar installation. Customer service was excellent. Thanks to Jessica and all concerned.

Superb Installer

Very professional from start to finish. Quote was explained in detail which made the whole process easy to understand. The installation went well, with electricians arriving on time, friendly and efficient, and cleaned up afterwards. The customer service staff were excellent being very helpful throughout the application process, during installation and this continues. They organised grid connection, and followed through and fixed the problems we had with our internet/modem in connecting with the Envoy. Show additional information

We have had a fantastic experience with the team at Essential Solar. Right from the start, from quoting to the installation, we were supported. Honest and reliable, I was sold on the facts about the products I was using and explained in great detail what was happening. Team continued to follow up after installation. Highly recommend this solar installer! Show additional information

Great business

Polite informative greatly installed and worked with our estate requirements and a great sales experience also my satisfaction Show additional information

Solar made easy

Easy and personalised quote process. Installation was efficient & installers polite & happy to explain. Show additional information

A referral from a friend, a great system

The decision to install solar panels involves a lot of money and emotion. A long-time friend had used Essential Solar and was quite pleased with the whole process.

He got the salesman Vincent, to call me and we arranged a site visit. He turned up on time and we discussed what was possible and what issues I might face such as shading. I felt that I got a true picture of what was achievable and how to proceed. When the quote arrived it was detailed and laid out the process including attaining the solar rebate.

I paid the deposit and put the process in motion. When the rebate website opened I was ready to log on and the quote from Essential Solar had been uploaded so that I could submit my application. As per media reports the identification process is tricky but the staff at Essential Solar were able to answer my questions and assist as required.

There is a detailed multi-step process for getting the rebate, then getting your solar panels installed, independently inspected and finally connected to the grid which was clearly set out in the documentation.

As soon as the rebate was approved I arranged a date for installation. With fine weather the tradespeople arrived on time and installed the solar panels and inverter. A series of checks and the system was ready for the independent inspection which was done the next day. Not long after this my power company completed the solar connection.

I made my application for the rebate on 01 July and my solar generated electricity feed started on 02 August.

Other companies may offer cheaper panels and/or inverters, but I am a firm believer in buying a quality product that will last a long time. I purchased a ‘battery ready’ system so that when the price of storage batteries inevitably comes down to a reasonable level they can be connected to my inverter.

My friend received the promised referral fee ($150) and now we are both enjoying lower power bills. My panels are producing nearly 100% of my daily electricity usage in winter. I can’t wait for summer when the solar generated power will see me feeding in way more electricity than I use.

In conclusion, I found Essential Solar to be a professional organisation committed to quality and ensuring their customers are totally satisfied. As previously mentioned, the process can seem overwhelming but the staff is always available to explain and assist as required.
Vic Gov rebate application very difficult to complete. Essential Solar have been very helpful with this problem. Show additional information
The customer service has been great especially with the new Vic rebate. We were lucky enough to get in on 1 July and this was partly because of the help from Essential Solar. We had one hiccup which was fixed quickly. We love the Enphase system - the tracking app is great! Not fully connected yet but in the hands of our distributor/supplier. Show additional information

Couldn't be better

Excellent service from start to finish. The quoting and installation processes were highly efficient and performed by clearly expert personnel. Customer service staff provided invaluable assistance and advice, particularly during the grid connection period. Show additional information

Great Installers - Fast - Accurate - Great Communication

Sales/Quote was very informative and not pushy at all. Install day went smoothly. Very happy with communications from this company & overall I would recommend them to any friends or family. Show additional information

Very Professional Solar Company

Very good solar company, more than happy to recommend to anybody looking for a top solar installation for a fair price. Show additional information

Professional and complete service

This company is very professional and open in their communications from start to finish. The quality and amount of information provided was excellent, where other companies quotes lacked detail and attention to my needs. Nevertheless, the process would have benefited from a closer inspection of the roof before installation day. But no other quotes did this either. Installation day was good, and the crew were friendly, polite and tidied up afterwards, which is very important. They adapted to the situation with cabling smartly and consulted well when plans changed. After installation communication and service was great and it was all tied up with an excellent package of documentation, warranties and paperwork on a USB. Show additional information
Great customer service and communication. Changed plans when on site and up in the roof due to unexpected shadowing. Show additional information
Hard to rate quality of system until it runs a few years, but so far it looks good. Essential solar communicated the process very well, had the clearest explanations and easy to work with to get panels in the best position. Show additional information
All 3 were similar in price, 2 had same panels. One company came out so we felt they were more interested in us and physically looked at the roof rather than satellite photos. Spent a good hour with us explaining everything Show additional information

Easy to work with

Ray was very helpful without being pushy and allowed us time to consider other options. Very glad we chose Essential Solar as the whole process has been very smooth. Show additional information
Supplier providing the best service and I'm lucky and happy to go with them. Not the cheapest but worth it. Show additional information

Excellent Installer

Vincent was very thorough with his explanation of how the system works and the ways to get the most out of it! Show additional information

Happy to recommend

No suprises, everthing matched expectations. Staff great to deal with at all stages, appointments always kept. Very happy with the end result. Show additional information

Professional and Fastidious

Essential solar was recommended by an electrician friend who is very fussy! We have been completely happy with the process and can recommend them with complete confidence. A significant time was spent considering different systems and quoting. They have been really helpful with our application for the solar rebate scheme. The installation crew arrived just after nine having driven nearly 4 hours from Melbourne and got straight into it finishing around 4. We are very pleased with the install and quality of workmanship. Good job all around. Show additional information
I am totally pleased with installation and service info provided. I am currently in a battle with SolarVic (government dept) about rebate. We sent our request before required date and forwarded all required information to the government dept and after a difficult phone conversation and two complaints emails, we have had no response. Show additional information

Fantastic Service

I have contacted Sales person and he came before time, sat in and answered all my questions. Instead of upselling he tried to advise me whats the best suitable to my needs and budget. Sent me a picture of how and where panels are going to be installed on my roof. Whenever I have called him, he answered or returned my call.

Installation cannot happen on the day they promised as it was to 42 degrees, they called me and explained and did very next business day for which I am happy.

Installer came on time showed me the picture where he is going to install on my roof, once done he run me through the user guide of inverter.

They have taken care of their part very well and arranged Electrical inspector, and all paper work.

I am writing this review after 6 months as their after sales support is more than excellent no false promises. My solar panels were not generating any electricity after 2 months from installation date, I have contacted them and in a week or so their technical team did figure out problem and directed us to contact energy retailer for high voltage and got it fixed. where as my friend who paid $2000 less for same 6KW unit from a different retailer when contacted for same problem he has been told that he is using all his electrical appliances at the same time so it switches off itself.

I got no problem to pay a extra dollar for quality service, I highly recommend these people for their before and after sales service.

Professional,quick to respond - No hesitation in recommending SolarEssential

Shortly after asking for a quote a time was organised for a representative to do an onsite survey & quote. Once he had completed survey he sat down & explained everything including what was required for rebate. Again shortly after the survey I was contacted by phone & email. More information was supplied & questions answered. We decided to go ahead with EssentialSolar as the other suppliers didn't show interest & were not going to do onsite survey. Installation date was organised & even though the weather wasn't ideal, they arrived well on time & the install was complete in half a day. No mess & no roof damage. A week later the system was checked & we were given the go ahead to contact our supplier
EssentialSolar were very thorough & followed up with all necessary paperwork & assisted us with the final stages.