Essential Solar Reviews

About Essential Solar, Solar Installers

Platinum Partner
Essential Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 89 097 523 361  ABN active since 17 Jul 2001 | Riddell Design Services Pty Ltd
ACN: 097 523 361  ACN active since 17 Jul 2001 | Riddell Design Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: 15993 Essential Solar

Reviewers report paying: $3,050 - $9,041 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Essential solar is a family owned renewable energy company established in 2012.

We are a high-quality retailer, designer and installer of both residential and commercial solar PV rooftop generators.

Our success lies in our devotion to quality of products and our enthusiastic staff dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing the right solution to each and everyone of our customers while focusing on Performance, Quality and Reliability.

At Essential Solar we regard every company and residential customer an important part of our business. We pride ourselves in providing exception advice, support and service from our first consultation to years after installation.

As well as the environmental benefits of solar power, we understand that an important driver to install solar is to save money. Our qualified CEC design team will ensure the best panel layout for your premises based on a number of factors, including shading, roof availability and electrical parameters to maximise efficiency of your system and providing the best financial return.

Of course, purchasing a solar PV is a long-term commitment so the reliability of the components of the entire system is critically important and for that reason Essential Solar’s CEC accredited installers will only install Tier 1 products. We are accredited direct service partners with Fronius Australia and believe our business relationships is an important aspect of our company to be able to supply our customers with the latest and most efficient products on the market and continue to provide our customers with the best support possible.

Don’t waste sunlight – make the sunshine work for you.

Essential Solar Solar Reviews

Essential Solar review

My son actually got me interested in Solar power several years ago but I was skeptical. There were many Solar installers and I was always getting bombarded by different companies. As my electric bill slowly increased I spoke to my son again and he supplied me with a verbal recommendation for Essential Solar as well as a pamphlet he still had from his essential Solar installation.
Paul Hammond from Essential Solar visited me and was extremely helpful in showing me various systems and inverter types which I could utilize and quoted me on the system I eventually bought. He went through the process and supplied all the necessary information needed, contact details and Government rebate information etc.
The installation process was seamless and appeared well planned. It is a large system and the 3 engineers had it up and running within a day.
All other checks by Electrical engineer and power supply company were pre arranged by Essential Solar and the whole system was online within a week.

Great service, honest company

The sales man came out to my house. He was straight to the point with what products they use, expectations and price point of the system. He was great to deal with. The installers did a great job, were done in a day. The customer service with the girls in the office is excellent, they don't miss anything. Overall I've had a great experience with essential solar and highly recommend them. Show additional information

Essential Solar were very professional and great to deal with along the way.

Essential Solar were very professional and great to deal with along the way. Great service, from start to finish accommodated all our questions and requests. The Installers turned up as promised and were very efficient, professional, tidy and punctual. We would recommend them again, very happy with the outcome Show additional information

Quick and well executed.

After all the i's were dotted and t's crossed, I got a phone call to say we can install it next week. I was not expecting it to be started that soon but had no hesitation in accepting. 27 panels and a 3 phase inverter with 6 guys on site, all installed in less than 8 hours. Could not fault workmanship as I am an Electrician. System has been operational for a few weeks now and no complaints so far. Show additional information

Creative, flexible, responsive, and generally terrific solar service. I'm super happy with the result and the speed and ease of setup.

Essential Solar was the only company that was willing to take on my somewhat tricky roof space. They did so happily, cheerily helping me get the most out of my installation, and the customer service was responsive and diligent. The installation itself happened smoothly and I've been thrilled with the result. Show additional information

Good at the beginning then poor communication afterwards.

Sales/quoting was prompt.

Installation people polite there return times to finish poor.

Customer service poor communication.

Great and timely communication throughout the installation process

Very professional throughout with regular updates on installation. Also, punctual on the timelines promised along with tidy installation done of both the panels and the inverter. Show additional information

Exceptional Installers

From 1st phone call to Essential to completion of job was so professional & remarkable install. Although essential were the dearest quote, we were so happy we chose essential. After weeks of homework & quotes I found Vince to answer all my questions honestly and not in a saleable way. Because I was a pensioner I was not sure how to word my income With no computer for the vicstate rebate. So I rang the office & Jess said to come in. The girls in the office were so easy going and helpful which made my wife and I so comfortable in preparing the grant which was accepted in 5 minutes. With essential having their own installers who are punctual polite & clean up excellent. I must thank Essential Solar so much for their exceptional all round service. Essential Do Not Change Any Thing You Do. Show additional information

Great Service, Helpful and Does what You Ordered!

I received a recommendation from Essential Solar from my Cousin. Ever since I got in touch with Mr Vipul, he's helped me along the way entirely through assisting me with questions about the solar process, obtaining the government rebate and dealing with the installers.

Once that was all done, it is a long waiting process but Essential Solar will stick with you through thick and thin. I received further help from Ms Jessica K and Ms Hayley in regards to the installation process and also explanation of how the Fronius device woks (look, you pay for the simple model, you get the simple app - once batteries come out to be cheaper, then the Fronius app starts to make sense)

Installation from their installers was also a breeze - very efficient, very prompt and friendly. They even helped me tell which of my roof tiles were damaged by hail and advised me how to repair them and replace them. I've gone up to the roof myself after their installation and it looks beautiful!

When there was an issue with the floor heating and the explanation behind it, and his manager, Mr David B were very informative and helped me to explain the entire process on how to utilise my solar better and making sure I could get the best rebate from it when the sun was high and bright.

Payment for the process was super easy and fit to our needs. Essential Solar also provided very accurate time waiting periods to ensure that you understand when and how to take the best advantage of the system.

Overall, I'D RECOMMEND THEM for your entire solar needs - very seamless and helped me put my stress to ease.PS: Essential Solar are great, but BE PATIENT with the whole process - the majority of the wait is from your electricity supplier and distributor to change the metering and whatnot (overall process was about three months including COVID-19)

Essential Solar

Sales quoting was direct and gave a good understanding of solar power.
Accounts department seem to make simple mistakes.
Installers were efficient, courteous, energetic and helpful with explanations. This applies to those who did this installation.

Very good system for the price (i think)?

Sales could be better, installers very good customer service made mistakes could be better. Show additional information

Installation went smoothly, pleased with the overall service

They were the only people that came out to your house to quote. Installation went smoothly, polite and cleaned up after themselves. Only criticism was I didn’t realise how big the inverter was and it’s now at my front door, could have done with some advice from the installer as to placement. Maybe I should’ve ask more questions. Customer service was excellent, office staff friendly and helpful. Grid connection was organised quickly. Essential Solar was more expensive than the other quotes we received but they offer a better quality solar panel and are a local company that’s been around for a while. 100% Australian owned and operated. Very happy overall. Show additional information

Great company.

Quoting process was very informative and plainly presented.
Installation day was windy and when it got too windy later they came back the next day for an hour to finish. They were all very polite and friendly and kept us informed during the day.
Customer Service is outstanding. I had trouble downloading documents and was given a lot of help from the office staff.
I have had difficulty with my service provider and they are so helpful with dealing with them.
5.5kW

Good system and well organised company.

Everything was excellent. Product seems good. Just felt the pricing could have been better. Show additional information

Promptly and politely installed.

Despite my wish to install a battery, I was given the reasons why it was unnecessary at this stage in my suburb.
Fully explained to me during the visit for the quote. Comprehensive review.

Great experience

Great installer, helpful and informative salesperson and a fantastic administration team in the office. Show additional information

Supplier did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. Offered extra services to rationalise property power supply. Value for money unknown, but happy with the result

Sales quoting: Informed and helpful, but not assertive. Two n site visits prior to final quote
Installation: Punctual, tidy, friendly and very professionally executed
Customer Service: Organised grid connection and retailer plan as soon as installed

Happy customer

The guys that turned up for the installation were so polite, punctual and did not leave any mess. Jess was fantastic to deal with from the admin side of things. Extremely happy Show additional information

Great experience start to finish

All stages of out interaction with Essential Solar were faultless.

Ray Bout handled our queries professionally and provided the quote promptly. Most importantly, he visited our house to inspect the site. Some companies were not prepared to do that.

Dealings with the office team of Jessica and Hayley were also professional. We were dealing with some major family health issues at the proposed installation time - and Essential Solar were very responsive in our need to delay installation.

All materials explaining the installation process were clear and largely easy to understand

The actual installation took place seamlessly, especially so in the Covid 19 environment. The installation team were fast and unobtrusive.

And further follow up queries by us have been handled professionally .

We would have no hesitation in recommending Essential Solar

Essential Solar

Couldn't recommend Essential Solar more highly. Listened to my requirements, suggested good solutions and gave a fair quote. Installation was professional and quick. The follow up when there was an equipment problem ( due to the manufacture) was exceptional. Show additional information

Professional

Staff at Essentialsolar are knowledgeable and upfront. This company is prompt, professional and responsive. We are very happy with the installation. Show additional information

Solar was not the only light that entred our home!!

To the Management of Essential Solar,

Due to the Government rebate and your price we found yours reasonable.

Ray Bout was our first point of contact....I hope he does not mind but here is a partial copy of an email I sent him,

Lou and I would like to extend our thanks to you and your company for installing our Solar panels.

You were clear, concise, honest and more importantly it was smooth process. And no hidden agendas and costs. That's all people (customers want) less bs in business.

I will endeavour to get on your website to praise the whole team but the buck started with you and thank you again for your professionalism...….

So I hope your management value his hard work dealing with endless questions and nagging customers. And REWARD him especially in these tough times. (Maybe updating his company car with a Maserati )

The young man (I think Tom) who installed the roof barriers and keeping the installers safe....professional. I am aware this is recent addition to your operational practicer that your company have introduced because when you installed Solars across the road …..you were not using them. Just suggestion maybe inform customers this is LAW and explain it's included in our installation price. Emphasize SAFETY for your workers is paramount.....no solars or valuable workers if they fall off the roof!!!!

The 3 men that arrived to install the solars ….no mucking around with them. We were calling them the good old lovely possums ( they sure sounded like them). They had excellent manners and answered our questions.

Which leads me to your next team member Jess. She always followed up on our questions, gliches and payment.

It was just really smooth, no bs and honest process. Its hard to find when it comes to big pricey jobs like this. Just recently we got a roof restoration and we had to tell the bloke to do the job bloody properly. Don't screw us around because we are 2 girls. So yes your company was a breath of fresh air.

Oh I better not forget the bloke that did the safety check on the fuser at 7am. Oh well this is the SOLAR buisness and the sun shines every day!!
Take care to your whole team at Essential Solar, we really value the environmental progress your company is contributing......it's the future for this beautiful home of ours! As the Indigenous mob say "Care for Country."

Regards Michelle and Lou

Very Pleased

From the very beginning of our dealings with Essential Solar, until the completion of installation, we enjoyed great customer service. All questions answered honestly so that we got the best system for our needs. We did our homework first so we were able to have good conversation with our consultant who took his time to answer all our questions. Installers were very well organised and professional. Everything went smoothly and the system works as promised.

Very happy to recommend.
Sales and quoting process very professional
Installation process excellent and customer service top notch
Everything went smoothly and the quality of the work looked good. Importantly, the whole installation has been working perfectly since day 1. Show additional information

Excellent, professional service

Excellent service! The installation was extremely professional. The pre-assessment and post-installation customer service was also of a very high standard. Knowledgeable, professional, and I would highly recommend. Show additional information

Essential Solar made this process very easy.

The Essential Solar team have been exceptional from the start of the quoting process, right through to installation and beyond. Tam was professional, listened to our requirements and gave us a competitive quote. When we compared Essential Solar with other quotes that we received (we wanted a microinverter setup) she informed that our model choice of microinverter wasn't required and we could make it work with the mid-tier level of micro, so our quote was based on her choice of microinverter (same brand, just lower model). She came back to us a few days later however, to inform us that we did need the higher model inverter due to the power delivery amount each panel is putting into our grid. Even though this model was more expensive, Tam honoured her initial quote, which resulted us in a free upgrade so to speak.

During the application process they were transparent and kept us in the loop every step of the way.

On the day of installation, Karl and his team arrived on time, were friendly, and worked quickly and efficiently. Karl gave me a rundown of how the system works at the end, both on the phone with the app for our inverter setup, and the PV boxes next to our meter.

Grid connection was handled by Essential Solar and was a smooth process.

Simple to organise and solid installation.

We we're recommended Essential Solar by our neighbour who has been happy with their Solar system for the last couple of years. Essential Solar were prompt, easy to deal with, and happily re-evaluated the panel layout based on my concerns about the 'aesthetic' view of our house from the street. The installers were great, tidied any mess and left the our house how they found it. Show additional information

Should have done this years ago

The sales process was very informative, not knowing a great deal about electricity or solar I was brought up to speed with all the things I needed to know and understand to make good decisions. Firstly about the size of the installation required to get a good outcome, aesthetics for the property and future proofing for additional add ons such as batteries.
The installation team were super professional, punctual, polite and most importantly accommodating when it came to positioning of the inverter and the necessary switching. All done in a day, terrific.
The customer service team had the electrical inspector there in a couple of days and the grid connection completed within a week, pretty impressed.

Overall experience is 10/10. Highly recommended.

Their salesperson (Vipul) was very knowledgeable of the product he is selling and very honest as well.
Their installer team were very professional, they did a good job and explained to me how the system works in a very detailed way.
Customer service team was awesome, nice to deal with and very straightforward in all the communication I made.
Special thanks to Hayley, their customer service officer who never gives up in resolving the issue with my energy retailer during the transition process.
Thanks Essential Solar for giving me the best service ever.
Overall experience is 10/10. Highly recommended.

Trustworthy and good value

I had no idea about selecting a solar company so asked for help from a friend. I soon realised that there were many businesses out there that had gone bust changed their names and then continued on. Essential Solar have been in the solar industry for many many years. When I rang around different suppliers, interstate For example they all knew of the owner and said he was very knowledgeable. Show additional information

Love their work

The guys were punctual, polite and well informed by all the questions we had. Everything from sales through to grid connection was an awesome experience for us. Show additional information
The customer service has been great especially with the new Vic rebate. We were lucky enough to get in on 1 July and this was partly because of the help from Essential Solar. We had one hiccup which was fixed quickly. We love the Enphase system - the tracking app is great! Not fully connected yet but in the hands of our distributor/supplier. Show additional information

Professional and honest company

From a great , honest and educational salesman who explained everything clearer installation team were punctional and very business , professional in their work and were happy to chat and explain the whole process in simple language which I enjoyed highly recommend this company 10 out 10. Show additional information

Excellent Service

We found the Essential Solar process from start to finish a pleasant journey. Show additional information
Hard to rate quality of system until it runs a few years, but so far it looks good. Essential solar communicated the process very well, had the clearest explanations and easy to work with to get panels in the best position. Show additional information

Solar made easy

Easy and personalised quote process. Installation was efficient & installers polite & happy to explain. Show additional information

Good customer service and follow up, quality installation. Would happily recommend

Essential Solar were the only company that provided a comprehensive quote and come to the property to property inspect and specify what was needed. Show additional information

Fantastic installation

It was very good It was punctual and polite It was good Show additional information

Great Advice, Great Service, Great System

I had a great hour session with Ray Bout from Essential Solar, during which we looked at the appropriate panels, inverter options and panel siting for my needs. Ray was fully across his game and able to answer all of my questions, whether techy or just general 'how does it all work'. Ray arrived for our appointment bang on time. By the end of the hour we had a design I was happy with and some good tips received.

My installer team also arrived bang on time as arranged, Cathal and his workmate were up on the roof in no time (where Cathal even spotted I had a broken tile leaking into my roof - thanks dude). All of the work on my tiled roof and colour bond garage roof was done by lunch, with the inverter sited exactly where I asked for it, and my electrical box rewired. All of the wiring is neat and finished to a high quality. Everything was left neat and tidy.

The safety inspector David was round within 3 days to certify the system and switch on, so we could enjoy the power straight away.

Jessica and Hayley were great at rounding up all the loose ends, getting my retailer and grid connection sorted, and helping me to get the Fronius app working on my phone :-).

All done within 4 weeks from the first enquiry and the system looks cool and is performing great.

Seriously, call these guys first, don't mess about.

Essential Solar was great to deal with

The salesperson I used was great, very patient and explained everything thoroughly. Just waiting for it now to be connected to by electrical supplier. Show additional information

Great supplier, great sparky with installation crew. Great customer service

Sales process excellent
Great installation team
Great customer service
Can't ask for anything else

Great company, highly recommend

Quote process - they came on time we’re prepared and professional, this was the only company who immediately booked a tome to come to my house. They went through options & came up with a good quality system to fit my budget. Install was excellent, they have their own workforce of tradies who work in dedicated teams, they were professional, quick and tidy and spent time problem solving to get the best location for panels and inverter. customer Service were proactive & helpful all the way through getting my application lodged & helping me to do my part, following up with paperwork and connection to the grid. Always very quick and responsive on email and calls. Show additional information

Great experience with installer

Everything in the process was explained carefully. The installation people were nice and punctual. Customer services staff were helpful and nice. I would recommend Essential Solar to other customers. Show additional information

Fantastic service and installation

The sales Quoting person was polite and very professional
The installers was polite,Tidy and Punctual.
The customer service girls where very helpful and answered all questions put to them. Nothing was a problem,and yes they did organise the inspector to come to our house.

Terrific Customer Service, willing to educate the customer

Essential Solar were not the cheapest quote I had, in fact they were the most expensive out of the 4 I received. Where they stood out though is that their service and expertise were head and shoulders above the others. For a start, despite being an hour away from my property, they were the only company willing to come out and look at my house prior to the quote. They also showed great patience in dealing with my many follow up questions. I though they were so professional that I referred them to do my parent's solar. Show additional information

Friendly and professional down to the last detail

Quoting was face to face; friendly and spent time to explain process clearly. Particularly impressed with the insulation. A potential fault with the electricity provider was picked up and the installation team worked with me on this while the electricity provider dealt with the issue. The installers were polite and professional. Customer service linked all parts of the process from beginning to end so it all went smoothly. Show additional information

Fab solar panels

Good sales and quoting process.
Installation was ok, punctual, polite, very loud very early (Couldn’t be helped), a few broken tiles that I wasn't told about.
Customer service has been great, paperwork straight forward, prompt connection and apps, great communications.
I initially had a good feeling about using Essential Solar from my interactions with the salesman and also by looking at the positive reviews they had. Unfortunately the design turned out to be different to what I had expected. I ended up with all North West facing panels when I had initially requested some panels to be North East facing to capture the sun exposure in the morning. A couple of days before the install they sent me the varied design which was not what I had agreed to. The salesman said that their engineers had decided that all north west facing was the best design and it would be too much trouble to install the north east facing panels and scaffolding. So I was given very little notice of this change and just felt I had to accept it as to change the design meant I would have to wait another month and miss out on the maximum rebate. They told me that their designers have the overall say, so I am not sure why they even bothered consulting with me about the design in the first place.

Secondly, I was assured by the salesman that the panels would be very discrete as they were putting half of them on my front roof which did worry me. He said the panels would be very discrete and will blend in with my black tiled roof. The thing he didnt tell me is that they would put the big ugly white isolator switch (size of a big shoe box) in full view on the front roof, and now it’s the only thing I can see when I look at my panels as I am pulling into my driveway. Everyone who comes to the house notices the isolator switch it as it stands out like a sore thumb right in the middle of my roof. The inspector even told me they could have put it in a more discrete location. When I asked if they could move the isolator switch to the other more discrete side, they told me they would charge me $500! So now I am stuck with a white eyesore on my black roof and can’t do anything about it, I am absolutely not happy about this.
In addition, the sales person said I would be able to monitor all of the panels to see how they are performing and he recommended I go with the Fronius inverter due to its monitoring ability and now I realise that it just gives me a graph with the overall energy production but I can’t see how each string is functioning i.e. if there is a problem with shade etc. So I am not happy about this either. Overall I am very disappointed and wish I had gone with another provider.