Essential Solar Reviews

Based on 457 reviews Aus Ranking

About Essential Solar, Solar Installers

Essential Solar
Platinum Partner
Essential Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Essential solar is a family owned renewable energy company established in 2012.

We are a high-quality retailer, designer and installer of both residential and commercial solar PV rooftop generators.

Our success lies in our devotion to quality of products and our enthusiastic staff dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing the right solution to each and everyone of our customers while focusing on Performance, Quality and Reliability.

At Essential Solar we regard every company and residential customer an important part of our business. We pride ourselves in providing exception advice, support and service from our first consultation to years after installation.

As well as the environmental benefits of solar power, we understand that an important driver to install solar is to save money. Our qualified CEC design team will ensure the best panel layout for your premises based on a number of factors, including shading, roof availability and electrical parameters to maximise efficiency of your system and providing the best financial return.

Of course, purchasing a solar PV is a long-term commitment so the reliability of the components of the entire system is critically important and for that reason Essential Solar’s CEC accredited installers will only install Tier 1 products. We are accredited direct service partners with Fronius Australia and believe our business relationships is an important aspect of our company to be able to supply our customers with the latest and most efficient products on the market and continue to provide our customers with the best support possible.

Don’t waste sunlight – make the sunshine work for you.

Essential Solar Solar Reviews

Professional,quick to respond - No hesitation in recommending SolarEssential

Shortly after asking for a quote a time was organised for a representative to do an onsite survey & quote. Once he had completed survey he sat down & explained everything including what was required for rebate. Again shortly after the survey I was contacted by phone & email. More information was supplied & questions answered. We decided to go ahead with EssentialSolar as the other suppliers didn't show interest & were not going to do onsite survey. Installation date was organised & even though the weather wasn't ideal, they arrived well on time & the install was complete in half a day. No mess & no roof damage. A week later the system was checked & we were given the go ahead to contact our supplier
EssentialSolar were very thorough & followed up with all necessary paperwork & assisted us with the final stages.

Fantastic professional installers

Essential solar were very professional, and most of all honest. It was great to deal with Vince and his team, and the installing team were professional and courteous when the system was fitted. While I strongly recommend them, my only issue was the additional install cost (which I was not told about until days before install) I had to pay due to the complexity of the install. Otherwise great experience! Show additional information

100 percent happy. Professional, quick, efficient, and friendly service.

Knowledgeable salesperson who was very helpful and informative.
Installation was immaculate. Very efficient, clean and professional.
Customer service was impeccable. First rate!
Excellent company to deal with. They gave us quality installation plan and followed it completely. Our system is installed and we are very happy with it. Show additional information
The company representative who visited our house has presented their offer very well and explained everything in detail and gave recommendation base on what we really need. The admin office are also very good to deal with the process of the installation including paper works are all done professionally. All installation and paper work done in 2 and a half weeks including the the rebates claim. I would recommend Essential solar to anyone who will require solar.

The only negative I can comment is I was told the installers are in house but I think they are sub contractors. But otherwise they were professional and well mannered people. One more thing luckily I have checked the type of panels they brought if I haven’t they have probably installed the wrong one but when I called their office they said they said those panels that they have are not for us and right panels are coming on a different delivery.

Just an advice for people who are wanting to install solar in the future check the materials before letting the installers start their installation.
Otherwise Essential Solar is a good company to deal with.

Great Job!

Sales and administrative staff are all very knowledgeable and helpful. Being responsive with ample experience provides me with confidence within this industry where you hear a lot of negative news about doggy installers.

Installation technicians are also fully experienced and thorough. They pay attention to all details such as creating a neat cable / conduit arrangement exposed to view, and all the weatherproofing detailing for penetrations and fixings.

After installation processes and paperwork are all handled professionally and promptly, to enable benefiting from solar generation as soon as possible.

Overall, I am quite happy with the works done and the services provided. Have referred my neighbor already and would definitely recommend.

Great work.

I have been very happy with the ease of getting the quote, consultants knowledge, prompt service and installation. The guys who came to install the system worked diligently through out the day to get the units installed on the day and left the site very clean. Show additional information

They are a great, professional company that I will recommend to everybody!

Man who came to me for the quote was a professional, honest and punctual worker!

Guys came to my house on the time, did a good job for the reasonable time (no too much talk, smoking or talking on the mobile!)
Customer service was excellent, professional, friendly and the girl helped me lot!

Professional excellence

Terrific to deal with from start to end. Professional, informed, helpful. Installers we on time and did a very good job. Show additional information

Highly Recommended

Right from the start I was happy to go with Essential Solar. The rep was extremely professional, helpful and truthful. The cost was also a lot less than other quotes I had received for less quality products. I had done my homework. The installers were prompt, clean, respectful of my property and very professional. The girls in the office were also extremely helpful with my constant questions and ready to assist with every call. I have no complaints at all and highly recommend essential solar to everyone. Show additional information

Excellent throughout the whole process

Sales and quoting:
Essential Solar was the only company offering to come to my house to assess, then provide an actual quote based on the assessment. The initial appointment was booked in and the representative was on time and walked us through the process of installing solar. The rep also discussed options but kept it simple.

Installation:
Prompt, tidy, polite and professional. Did a wonderful job installing. installers kept us informed throughout the installation process (was not expected) but every question was answered.

Customer Service:
Excellent from day one. Seamless for all processes and the communication was excellent throughout. All connection processes were conducted by Essential Solar, which helped alleviate any frustrations of dealing direct with energy retailers.

Overall, very happy with the whole process from step one to the end. Would thoroughly recommend Essential Solar and have done so to a few friends thus far already.

Thank you Essential for making the process simple.

Excellent service and obliging staff

Essential Solar were very efficient right from the initial contact, quoting and installation, thru to the documentation and communications with electrical provider and Solar Victoria following installation. We would certainly recommend Essential Solar. Show additional information

Very pleased

I went through a few sales/quoting processes and out of all of them, Essential was the only one who immediately came onsite to inspect, advise and quote. I had done quite a bit of research through this site and all the recommendations that came through from them in regards to the choice of brands and system configuration was pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

The installation went off without a hitch, with the install team turning up on time and getting the job done quite quickly in pretty rough weather conditions. The system passed formal inspection quite quickly and easily.
Lastly the communication and support from their head office I have had through the process has been really great - no question (big or small) was ever a bother and I was kept informed all the way through.
Overall very pleased.
Above expectations when it works. Well below in terms of the reliability of the Fronius unit which was sold in as best in market. The unit overheats and fails in moderate weather and has required maintenance several times. Service has been slow despite repeated requests. Installer says that Fronius will not replace the unit. Best they have come up with is placing a shade over the system (despite overheating even when in the shade). One more overheat and I will pursue through Consumer Affairs Victoria Show additional information
We chose Essential because they came out to visit our home. Other installers just looked at our home online. Our roof has a Fire fighting sprinkler system and several sky lights. We felt confident with a company that invested time with us.

We have 2 phase power and require 2 inverters. Since installation they have switched off due to too high voltage ( Fronius error 102) and we have not been able to appreciate our new solar system. Very frustrating. Essential Solar are following up with Ausnet. We have been told Ausnet are slow and may not attend to this matter for 3 - 4 weeks. It’s like buying a new car and not being allowed to drive it!

The installers were great - friendly, efficient and tidy.

Pleasure to work with

After getting the three quotes which Solarquotes organised, I reviewed them comparing apples with apples and chose to go with Essential Solar, even though they were not the cheapest I went with them mostly because of their relationship with Fronius through their Fronius Service partnership, Ray was polite knowledgeable and to the point.

I was guided through the whole process very comprehensively and was very pleasantly surprised by the installation time, I was supposed to get the panels in 3-4 weeks time and instead I got them within a WEEK!! The actual installation went smoothly, the guys came around 7:30am and finished around 3:00pm cleaned all rubbish from the site and worked with me amending the panel layout as I suggested a way to fit all panels on one slope which they did. Everything looks like its where its supposed to be and time will tell if the installation is as good as it looks, but so far so good.

Administration wise the ladies at the office are very polite and responded promptly to all my queries, they even followed up to see if I got my Victorian rebate, which I haven't received yet but this is not Essentials fault but the Victorians Government as they have suddenly closed the rebate portal and put all applications on hold until July?

Overall great customer experience so far and I hope the hardware is as good and delivers for years to come.
Thanks to Solar Quotes, the info and connections made the process a lot easier to navigate. Show additional information
They were so helpful, I am very low tech person and this was not an issue for them, they were versatile and altered layout on day as measurements allowed more panels would fit on one section to reduce access points to roof required.

Couldn't have asked for better service.
Essential Solar has done an great job in several crucial aspects:
1. Panel Layout Design: which allows us to capture the sunlight on the afternoon.
2. High-quality Products: were advised to us (we chose SunPower panels & Fronius for our house).
3. Installation Appointment: was informed promptly and done ontime as scheduled
4. Rebate Process: was properly managed and sent to us in advanced with valuable advices to apply for the Rebate Application.
5. After-sale service (after the payment was made): is excellent and the customer service team (especially Hayley Mitchell) have always been there whenever we need for technical questions (related to the online Solar Web) or rebate enquiry.

We highly recommend this service for your consideration.
Yes. The panels were installed on Monday this week.
We used Essential Solar, who have numerous positive reviews on your site.
I can’t recall whether they contacted us (or vice versa) in first instance.

Your site and information have been most useful and informative.

Next steps for us are to choose our retailer/supplier (presently Origin). Do you provide any advice in this.
Given that we have 11 north and 7 west-facing panels, should we seek (what I am told) is a late-afternoon premium/bias feed-in tariff.

Regards
Tom
Went through Essential Solar myself after looking at reviews of company on SolarQuotes website. Green Sky offered a good system, although the most expensive (with microinverters), while Traeger Solar was offering a full Solaredge branded system - panels and inverter. Was unsure about the quality of solaredge's panels, could find very little information online about them. Ended up going for Fronius inverter with Suntech panels, and Tigo optimisers on the panels that will be affected by shading. Show additional information
Excellent service from start to finish. Sales consultant explained everything and answered all questions (even follow up email and phone queries), Customer Service was excellent at all times throughout the process. Installers were on time, professional and did a great job - leaving everything clean and tidy when finished. They explained all aspects of the system's operations and submitted the application for safety certificate online. As a result the safety inspector checked and turned on the system within a couple of days. Essential Solar provided all the necessary certificates and paperwork promptly and an application for the Govt solar rebate went ahead smoothly.

Compared with other quotes I received, Essential Solar wasn't the cheapest but I was convinced by other excellent reviews and I'm more than happy with the quality of the components and personal service throughout the process.

Everything working well and on sunny days our electricity consumption is zero throughout the day. The only slight hiccup is waiting on the local electrical supply authority to re-configure our smartmeter to allow for the feedback tariff - however this is outside the control of the installer.
Be sure to check the System Design document for over-shadowing. In my case the planned layout of solar panels had 5 panels where they would be shaded by next doors trees.
Also insist that your Inverter is in the shade.
Using Solar Quotes selection diagrams I selected Panels and invertor for quality not price. I could have had a much cheaper system if I selected cheaper components.
Following Solar Quotes advise I got 6.6kW of panels, Ausnet limit the inverter to 5kW export. I can export 3.6kW on an overcast day, more on a clouldless day
A great company to deal with, Our installation was a little out of the norm and required a little bit more work and they performed the work flawlessly. Show additional information
It has gone fantastically well, surprisingly smoother and quicker than I had suspected particularly this last part - installation was on Thursday pre-Easter, inspection occured Tuesday after Easter and it was all turned on following the inspection. Essential Solar has received the certificate of electrical safety and now having paid the balance, I expect to get all my paper work shortly, so that I can follow up the Vic State Govt rebate.

I am fantastically happy with the service, advice and support from the team at SolarQuotes and the quality of the 3 companies that submitted quotes. The process has been highly educational and we are very happy with the outcome.
Solarquotes made at least choosing a company from the many out there a lot easier.
The independant quotes I got from a well reviewed solar company ended up being similar/more than the 2 companies recommended by Solar Quotes
There are a lot of cheaper companies I noticed during my research that I could of potentially gone with, so definately didn't get a bargain on our price, but it seems like the reputable companies which provide the brand name panels and systems know they can charge all.
All confusing, as they each sell their own preferred brand and system, so even with 4 quotes, direct comparisons weren't really that easier to be made.
At least Solarquotes gave me some background knowledge to tackle the process.
Having system installed in the next 2 days, so fingers crossed it goes as planned
All good Show additional information
First rate customer service upon signing the contract right through to the after installation assistance. Show additional information
Very happy with the service, installation and follow up from Essential Solar. It was a conscious decision to choose an Australian company based locally for piece of mind for years to come. The fact they monitor your system for the life of the system for free was the deal sealer for us.
Can highly recommend.
Essential Solar has been prompt with installation. The workers were efficient and good mannered people. The installation took them 7 hours to complete which I thought would take longer. The only complaint is that they left a bit of mass from drilling into the brink wall for the conduit. They could have cleaned it up before packing up. Show additional information
The salesman stuffed up the number of panels that would fit, and the extra gear neeed for linking to our 3 phase system.The electritians did a nice installation job of panels and wiring. They now have to come back tomorrow to rewire to fix above problem. Show additional information
The 'Technical Salesman' quoted for the Fronius Inverter to be installed in our entrance hallway but when the contract installers turned up they immediately referred back to their management who confirmed with the Essential Solar management that the internal fan noise of the equipment made it unsuitable to be mounted indoors. The installers had to come back another day once an alternative inverter location was determined. The conduit route discussed with the Salesman for the high voltage DC line from the roof panels down to the inverter was also too long and had to be re-routed. Zero communication between the salesman and installers. Post installation we were surprised to find that an optional piece of equipment, at extra cost, was required to monitor real time house power use. Had no problem with the installers/installation, they were just the 'meat in the sandwich' due to poor communication. Customer support post installation from Essential Solar's office was OK.

Hi Roger, I apologise for the confusing process and the poor communication. Unfortunately, the salesman in question was not as thorough as we expect during the initial site visit. As part of our internal processes we have since conducted training with the sales team to ensure they are fully aware of this requirement. Fortunately, our installers and engineering team would not allow an installation as described, which delayed the installation until an alternative inverter location could be identified. On the day, we could have handled this design error better and for that, I apologise; however by delaying the installation this enabled us to ensure you got the right configuration. The Fronius system monitoring is regarded as second to none. It provides an excellent report of generation and fault diagnosis and is available in two levels, the standard monitoring which monitors the system generation and the premium system monitoring which incorporates an additional Fronius “smartmeter”, data cabling to the inverter and a little bit of setup. The premium monitoring also provides you with details of self-consumption and grid import/export. While I like the premium monitoring, many customers cannot justify the additional cost and prefer the standard monitoring. We’re happy to provide either. Show additional information
Of all the installer we received quotes from, we found Essential Solar to be the most thorough.

They spent a lot of time at our initial consultation inspecting the property, looking at our electricity usage, and then explaining a number of different options to suit our needs. I never felt pressured to sign up to anything, and they were more then happy to answer any questions I thought of over the following days.

Interactions with the office staff was always great and they were very helpful with grant application process, providing all the required paperwork and guidance we required to apply.

The Installation itself was super quick and went of without a hitch. All of the installers were super friendly and professional, and I was impressed with how well they cleaned up the site afterwards.

Compared to other installers they were not the cheapest, but based on how smoothly everything went and the confidence they gave me in their work I believe it was worth that bit extra.
It was overall quick and easy Show additional information
Ask me again after the panels have been installed, or maybe wait until this time next year. Show additional information
Fantastic service right throughout the process, would highly recommend to everyone. Show additional information
I chose Essentialsolar because of strong reviews and I wanted an established business with offices where I could communicate face to face if needed. The Technical Sales Advisor provided in house advice where he took his time to explain technical and the complete process. Pricing was reasonable for quality products. Customer Service was excellent. They explained assisted with requirements for installation and government rebate. Installation was completed within a reasonable timeframe. The installers were professional, competent and friendly. Since installation, I continued to receive communication and the Electrical Inspector, Electric Supplier Conversion and Rebate have all been completed in a matter of weeks. Overall totally pleased and highly recommended. Show additional information
All the staff were excellent and easy to deal with. They were prompt in getting back to me when I had any questions. There was a change of solar panel because of a shipment delay. They supplied a better quality panel at no extra cost. The installers were done in about 4 hours. All the required certificates were emailed as soon as final payment was made Overall a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone who asked. Show additional information