G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

G-Solar Electrical:

G-Solar Electrical is locally owned, operated and services clients Australia-wide.

Our customers value our quality of work with many referring us to colleagues, friends and family.

We install and maintain hundreds of high-quality solar systems which deliver rapid return on
investment for homeowners and businesses.

We make solar installation effortless and transparent, thanks to honest savings estimates, expert advice you can rely on, and the highest level of installation all backed by our 10-year Installation Guarantee.

- We are 100% locally owned and operated
- We offer exceptional customer and after sales service
- We provide accurate and honest savings estimates
- We are Clean Energy Council (CEC) Members, Designers & Installers
- We have installed systems, to date systems ranging from 2kW to 1.7MW
- We offer cost effective maintenance plans to maximise the life of systems
- We utilise our own in-house team of CEC Accredited Installers
- We provide Australia-wide service, maintenance and monitoring
- We are the experts in Commercial, Residential & Battery Systems

Reviewers report paying: $4,200 - $9,175 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (58)

Extremely helpful, great customer service

We are extremely impressed with G-Solar. Everything has been easy and streamlined. The advise given, from inspection of our old service, to discussing which system would suit our needs, has been great & trustworthy. The technician came when he said he would, and everything was left tidy afterwards. I valued the time spent explaining everything and was impressed with the satellite technology used, which gave an immediate response to my questions. I will be using G-Solar in tge future to purchase a battery snd yo have our panels cleaned. Highly recommend them.

Great professional service

Fantastic customer service from start to finish. Always prompt at calling back. Attended in person for the quote and clearly explained the options available without trying to oversell things.
Installation was very neat and tidy and friendly staff.
Already enjoying the savings.

Trust a Local

Decided to use a local installer, was quite impressed with Grant when he came for the site visit, and being local I felt I could trust him. The installation went well, turned up promptly on the day and so far everything seems fine. Very impressed with the customer service and pleased they organised the grid connection. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Solar installation. My system has only just been installed this week so bit hard to comment on the quality of the system.

Awesome!

Owner Grant came to our house and ran through everything. Couldn’t be happier with the service and the results so far.

Great experience from start to finish

During the quoting process G-Solar stood out from others as being professional, experienced and honest - providing good advice and full disclosure of the advantages or disadvantages of different design and product choices.

The admin team very efficient and scheduled the work promptly, keeping me informed throughout the project.

The installer team was prompt, courteous and thorough. They completed the install, commissioning and handover exactly as they had promised. The standard of workmanship was very high and evident in every small detail of the job.

Thanks guys

Highly Professional & Friendly Local Team

From Start to finish, G-Solar's team were outstanding. The quote process was simple and a site visit from Grant was arranged quickly. The day of install ran extremely smoothly and the guys did a stellar job. The most polite and professional tradies I have come across!
A+ on all accounts.
I would highly recommend G-Solar if you are looking for a local business that is professional, timely, courteous and delivers top class service.
Great work "A Team" :)

Quality Install from a local Electrical Contractor

I chose G Solar as I wanted an installation done by qualified local tradesmen. Also with the knowledge that in the future I could deal directly with a local established company if any issues should arise.
The tradesmen were punctual, friendly and worked hard all day.
I would recommend them to anyone with the same reservations over a cheaper southern competitor.

Faultless installation.

Mark, in sales, was my first point of contact. He answered all my questions and concerns I had about installing solar, which put me at ease straight away.

I was very impressed with Grant when he came to our house to give us a quote. I felt safe to give the quote to G-Solar purely on that initial contact.

G-Solar wasn't the cheapest quote, but I decided on G-Solar, to get a quality instal, that I was happy with. The instal went well and they spent a bit more time running cables behind a facia, so a lot of the cables were hidden from view. Money well spent. A short time after instal we were connected to the grid and the inverter was up and running.

I am just waiting for Ergon Energy to update my meter box, so we can have the feed in tarrifs set up.

Installation and follow up service very good

the process went well from gaining a quote, meeting Grant on site to installation. Follow up on site to discuss system was good. Would recommend G Solar to any one considering home solar.

Happy Lassie

I was impressed by the introductory phone call to arrange a quote from Mark the Office Manager, followed by an email with a glossary of questions to ask Grant, the owner, on his arrival at my home. The questions, from Solar Quotes, related to important information to consider before choosing a solar system.

As Grant is an electrician, he provided detailed information about the install, plus a choice of panels and inverters from reputable companies that his business uses. He also mentioned that other brands are available if I chose not to go with his recommendations and he'd be happy to source them for me. There was no pressure, only facts from a genuinely, nice local.
I also felt confident about his company's installers being electricians/and or apprentices.

The office staff were most helpful and quick with responses to my questions. The quotes were detailed and easy to understand and I was pleased that Ergons costs were included.

The installation was earlier than expected. I was very happy with the high standards of the installers. The dream team did a fantastic installation, were very polite, extremely efficient, and left no mess.

Mark had organised the grid connection, then the final details were put into the inverter at the completion of the installation. The head electrician explained the workings of the inverter, and how to access data on my phone.

I am very happy with my elegant looking black panels on my white roof, as I am very happy with G-Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd. I highly recommend them.

Excellent work top quality neat and clean job

Grant and his team made everything super easy, to pick a system, where to put it, what size and couldn’t be happier with the quality of work his team did and at such a great price

G-Solar

Promy, curtious.
Phoned to let me know they'd arrived and when leaving

Knowledgeable Local installer

Prompt, courteous and efficient. The team were very pleasant and answered all my queries to my satisfaction. Also did an inspection of the power box etc. they were the only ones to do this.

Great service. Willing to explain the details in plain language and provide a system that suits your requirements

G solar made the process easy, gave a plain English explanation of all the options, so I was able to make an informed decision on the size of the system and best components, both panel and inverter. I was able to purchase a system that suits my requirements, at a reasonable price and be satisfied that any future issues will be dealt with the same professionalism.

Great company and installation!

From first contact with the Mark, Grant and the G-Solar team, it was professional, friendly, and simple. They made the process easy and answered any questions that we had. They provided a competitive quote and all the information we could potentially need to make the best choice for our solar needs. The installation team were punctual, friendly, respectful, and tidy.

11/10!

Very professional, friendly and efficient! G Solar answered all of my questions. Installed in one day and were a pleasure to deal with.

Customer focussed - friendly, co-operative team

The entire process from quoting to installation to payment was easy and professional.

Great job and look good!

Grant, Mark and the team at G-Solar and Electrical did a great job,were competitively priced were good to deal with. They made the job easy and the end result looks really good!

Total satisfaction with service and supply.

The entire experience with G Solar was fantastic. Great service through the advise and quoting process. Very efficient service was proposal was accepted seeing our system installed 4 days after finance approval. Not to mention well mannered and professional tradesmen sent for install. Will definately be refering others to this company.

Great Installation/Friendly Service

The whole process of the installation was amazingly smooth despite a few hiccups regarding a small structural problem at my end. Mark & Grant were very accommodating to my requests. I can not recommend these people highly enough. I am totally satisfied to see the system working & I often just look at it in amazement. The installation staff & Manager were absolutely polite, well mannered at all times. The Grid connection is organized & is coming.

Very Satisfied

We very pleased with the short time frame it took to complete a site inspection and supply 3 possible options following our initial inquiry. This was all done within one day of our first contact.
Once we agreed to go ahead we were given a time of one week when tradesmen would arrive on site to complete the installation. We were also provided with all details of the entire process, start to finish.
The installers arrived on time, were very courteous and polite and completed the job as we were advised.
Grant, Mark and the team completed all the paperwork with Ergon and kept us totally informed of our go forward position.
We were very pleased with all aspects of G-Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to install a good quality solar system.

Quality install and followup service

We decided to go with a local contractor who has provided excellent polite service pre-installation, excellent tradesmanship during the install and quality support since. This was not the cheapest quote but the fact that they were so professional with quality product made the decision easy for us. Everything was completed in the most professional and timely manner. Would recommend this company to anyone considering Solar Installation in the Cairns region. Very happy with all aspects of this lond term decision.

Great job

I chose G-Solar following a recommendation from a friend. Previously I had quotes from a couple of other companies and never felt entirely confident, so I went with the recommendation. I have not been disappointed, everything was made easy for me.
Because my house is an older one it was necessary to upgrade and relocate the meter box, which meant a waiting period of a few weeks till Ergon completed that process. All this was coordinated completely by G-Solar.
All G-Solar employees were punctual, courteous and professional and the installation looks very neat and tidy.
It’s great to follow the representation of my energy savings using the app on my phone.

Fantastic Work. Great workmanship

All of my dealings with Grant and Mark have been exceptional and very helpful. Everything about Solar and the system to be installed was relayed to me in easy to understand language.

The actual installation went like clockwork and without a hitch. The workmen were polite, punctual, very experienced and worked well as a team.

No problems

Good easy to deal with company. Nice tidy install no hassles at all.

Great workmanship, speedy no fuss service.

Quoting and installation process were very easy.
I have also recommended one other customer, who has had a system installed this week.
Great job, all round.

Happy with the Process

The job was done in 5 hours! No hassles, kept me in the loop with the process and helped with setting up the app on my iPhone, so I was able to see the solar panels in action. - Great work guys!

Fantastic system

Excellent service from beginning with quote to the installation and after service. Would definitely be recommending this system.

A very professional installation

Quoting process good. Installation very tidy an punctual. Customer service was excellent. The solar app was very well explained

Excellent Service

Simple quote process, installation was 3 weeks after the deposit was paid. Installers arrived on time and did a great job, neat and unobtrusive cabling and left the site clean and tidy.

Quick responses and knowledgeable

Sales and quoting was quick and easy online, and everything was set out clearly. Installation was completed with no issues.

Good so far

Clean workmanship, plenty of workers to get done in one day

A very happy customer

After starting with a simple process to have a quote, then making a booking for a new system I was told that the team would be on site to start at 0730. Well the installers arrived at 0730 as advised. What madness is this with tradesman turning up on time ????!!! The team sent were pleasant and professional. The system works great and I am super happy with the whole process!

Cairns best quality solar contractor

Being a tradesperson myself quality of materials and quality of installation are the most important aspect of any job for reliability and longevity.

In general the quality of solar installation generally by pop up cheap company's is woeful, but having seen some of grant's work on the commercial buildings I've looked after in the past I didn't hesitate to give him a call when I wanted solar installed to our place.

Grant will only use products he trusts that have proven reliability and being a 100% local business stands behind his installations.

After installing our system we have used our aircons more and with a few tweaks to our usage eg using delay timers built in on most appliances to run them during peak solar production hours our last bill was 30$ for the month (usually 150-180) for this time of year which is a great result.

I would fully recommend getting monitoring installed as it allows you to track and monitor usage to get the most out of your system.

Cheers Grant and thanks again

So far so good

The whole process was easy once we decided to go with G-Solar. The installation went smoothly and the grid connection was a bit difficult but worked out in the end. Overall G-Solar were very good to deal with.

Solar Installation

Excellent job by the G Solar guys - looking forward to the elec savings.

Guys were polite, tidy & punctual.

Alan & Helen

Kewarra Beach

Happy all round

Very professional team and arrived when they said they would

Clean and efficient installation.

Happy with all aspects of dealing with this company. Very straight forward and easy process.

Great Installer

From quoting to installation we can not fault these guys. Quotes were done in a very timely manner and followed up with a phone call. Installation was organised within two weeks and no problem at all. We had a hot water timer and the smart meter installed with the panels. Very impressed with what they have done. Professional and polite, can highly recommend.

Quick and easy, neat and tidy

Team were very professional, they know there stuff, good customer service

Professional Job.

Everything from Quotes to install was very informative and profesional. Very impressed with the interactive online pricing of different systems and combinations when making the decision on what to purchase.
The installers were very clean and made big effort to minimise damage to the roof.
Organised the grid connection
Thankyou.

Fantastic installer

Can not fault the team at G-Solar in Cairns. My quote was completed the same day as requested and from the moment I paid the deposit I was booked in for a install two weeks later. The boys arrived on time at the house and not a minute late. Competed the install with no issues, I was home with the kids and my youngest usually has a sleep around lunch time and the boys installing made sure that they would turn off the power earliest as they can and even did all the drilling straight up. Would recommend to anyone and I’ll be telling anyone I know that’s looking to make contact with G solar.

Awesome job done.

Could not recommend these guys enough for a job well done, on time and no issues what so ever.
From getting a quote through to payment was hassle free.
Thank you so much, looking forward to saving some money for myself.

Fantastic Service

Fantastic Service all around.
Grant came to discuss our situation and was very keen to find out what we wanted, no sales push etc.
The quoting system is fantastic with a link via email to opensolar where all details of the different systems including modelling was available. After another two emails (modelling re different panel position) which translated into opensolar for review I ordered the system. Deposit was paid via opensolar.
Initially I was told that the lead up times would be ca. 4 weeks but then it turned out to be only 2 weeks.
The installation crew was very nice as well. They made sure that we were all on the same page what goes where etc. At the end of the day they tidied up very well.
As Grant was not available on the day of installation he made a point to come around a few days later to run me through the system again and fix a minor WiFi connection issue that we could have been fixed over the phone.
Payment again easily done via opensolar and electronic forms for assigning STCs easily done.
Maybe a week after the installation I received an email from my energy retailer that they are coming to change my meter - i.e. forms obviously went to the retailer immediately.
After the installation I also received a PDF with a detailed summary of the system.

In summary: very happy customer. G-Solar has their heart in their job (no subcontractors), are very interested to find the best solution for you and give you fantastic service!

Fantastic Installer

Everything went wonderfully from the quote to the install and after service. Great job. Highly recommend.

Get these guys if you want solar you can't go wrong, great team and very helpful.

Get these guys if you want to go solar you can't go wrong, great team, polite, punctual, tidy and very helpful.

Great job

The boys from G Solar did a great job installing my 6KW system,

Exceptional Service and Workmanship

I have worked in the electrical industry for 40 years and G-Solar was highly recommended by two of my work colleagues. In my job I have viewed hundreds of solar installs, domestic and commercial, and the workmanship from G-Solar is the best I have seen. From our first meeting with Grant to the conclusion of the installation it was an easy smooth process. The quote was fully inclusive with no hidden extras. Grant and his team were punctual, extremely polite and friendly, well presented and professional. My wife and I cannot recommend G-Solar highly enough.

Clayton & Sharon Hackwood

Fantastic installer, great customer service, neat and tidy.

Professional from the first phone call. Timely quote, great communication, informative no pushy sales talk. Installation went smoothly and left my property tidy and clean. Helped organise grid connection.

Good company

Sales, quoting was great. Was given a date fir installation but not a time, so was a bit surprised at 730 am. Couldn’t go ahead that day so had to ring to see when they were coming back.

Some trouble getting connected to the app on my phone - took 3 go’s.

Ergon didn’t have to do anything thankfully.

Hi Kath,

Thank you for the feedback and we have now revised our system so we are advice from 7.30am, instead of the first thing in the morning that was advised you.