G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd

G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews

G-Solar & Electrical is an experienced local electrical company that specialises in solar energy solutions and has helped hundreds of home and business clients dramatically reduce their power costs.

So, what sets us apart?

?Local – Proudly 100% locally owned and operated since 2014.

?Office – 2/90 Aumuller St, Portsmith, feel free to drop in for a coffee.

?Systems – All our quality systems are designed for our local conditions

?Experience – We install and maintain hundreds of systems across the country

?Installers – Our in-house team, including owner Grant, are all Clean Energy Accredited solar installers.

?Electricians – Fully licensed electricians accredited to install, repair, and upgrade systems.

?Warranty – If there ever should be a warranty claim, we will look after the claim from start to finish.

?Installation – We provide our clients a 10yr company-backed installation warranty for total peace of mind.

We are a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer, Clean Energy Council Member, Smart Energy Council Member, Local Buy Pre-Qualified Supplier, and National Electrical and Communications Association member.

Reviewers report paying: $4,600 - $9,175 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

G Solar and Electrical Pty Ltd Reviews (96)

Love our new solar system!

Big thank you to Grant and his team at G-Solar for the information, service and install of our new system. From the first phone call to the company I have received nothing but a professional and genuine service. Grant took the time to explain everything involved including unit/ panel options, cost, how to monitor/ track use via the app and longer term needs to suit our home. I have recommended G-solar since our install to family and friends and would have no hesitation in using the company again. Thank you G-Solar!

Got the most out of the Sun up here (Cairns)

After a sharp quote, we are happy with the system installed by G-Solar Cairns.
The installation was on time and the staff cleaned everything up and finished on the same day, great job.

The staff was very helpful, to explain the system.

Aftersales service is very friendly and helpful

A job well done !!

G Solar installation

Happened to see an ad for G Solar on Facebook about having current system checked. After the check completed by G Solar it was found our system was running at 42%. So the result of this was having a new system installed. Totally satisfied in all aspects from price through to installation. Highly recommended.

Neat, tidy and done on time

Quoting was done in person and was happy to work in with what I was after, the guys were on time and got the job done as fast as they could, all round was very happy.

Outstanding local company

From beginning to end, Grant, Mark, Tim and the team were sensational. The work was neat and tidy, the administration were easy to deal with. The installation team were on time and well presented, and the work was to a high standard.
Very happy with the overall process, and I will be recommending G Solar to anyone who will listen.

Very happy with my new solar system

G-Solar were extremely prompt and reliable. Very happy with my new system

Fantasitc Solar Installer

I honestly can't fault G Solar. We contacted them to see if they could help improve our existing battery and solar system, and they worked out the best path to increase panel capacity and receive maximum rebate with very little work by me.

Very happy with our extra panels and now our battery is functioning as it probably always should have been.

They were delayed by the weather, but I can't blame them for not wanting to traipse around on a steel roof in the rain. The installation was quick, and they did a great job on cleaning up.

Would recommend these guys to my grandparents.

Great customer service and competitively priced.

Our 9 year old Solar system (from another company) stopped working and I called G-Solar to inspect and quote on repairs. After the initial inspection and further questions regarding a possible upgrade to the system, Grant answered all my questions and gave me multiple options to consider. After receiving a quotation for repairs, and further upgrades I decided to make the most of the Solar Incentives and future proof our power needs.
The service from G-Solar was fantastic. They brought our install date forward (as we had no Solar working) and we chose to upgrade to the 10 Kwh system.
The removal of the old system and installation of the new system took the team one day and we had Solar working by 3pm. Very impressed by the installers and the electrician on-site answered all my questions including how to get onto the phone app to check my system operation, consumption and generation.
Thoroughly recommend G-Solar and all their staff.
Looking forward to lower power bills.

Ken Very Professional

Quote very efficient & simple
Just had to read & approve. Booked install dste.
Very punctual for installation & stress free. Very tidy when finished.I have used G Solar for commercial as well as domestic & would highly recommend this company whether 6kw system or 100 kw system
It’s a pleasure to do business with such a friendly & efficient company you can trust

Excellent Service

The process was simple, straightforward and efficient. I didn't have to do anything except approve the quote. The team were friendly and took care of all the details. I gave 4 stars on the value and quality of the system because only time will tell how good it is but at this stage I'm happy with the choice based on G-Solar's reputation, advice and experience. The installation team were friendly, tidy and punctual. The whole experience was low impact and that impressed me.

Very Professional and Helpful

Answers all queries re the quote
Installers arrived on time and left the site spotless.
Once installed they sat down and went through and explained the app and what we should expect

Happy solar

Overall from start to finish we are very happy with the system, install and custom service.

Superb service

Fast and professional service. I definitely recommend these guys if you're after solar

Exceptional customer service and great products

What a great Solar Install experience, from first consultation to Install G-Solar were professional and prompt, all aspects of the products were explained and the installers were very professional and did a great job. Will be recommending G-Solar.

Very efficient install.

Sales/ quoting was very professional & received quote within a couple of days.
Installation was completed to the time schedule & with no mess.
Customer service was excellent & kept me informed of progress.

Very Happy Customer

We found G Solar & Electrical to be very efficient and accommodating in their communications and service. We had to make a number of changes to our installation date and they were very understanding and helpful. We are very satisfied with their work and our system and would not hesitate in recommending them.

Great service local company.

Excellent service
Very knowledgeable
Local company
Very happy with the system options

No fuss, no bs.. just quality installation of solar system.

Easy to deal with, didn’t leave a mess. No complaints here

G-Solar has excellent work and I'm happy to set up battery system.

G-Solar has excellent work and I'm happy to set up battery system.

Actually, I visited the store twice at a nearby solar company, but I couldn't get a quote and set up battery system.

I got the best quote from G-solar in the three shops introductions of SolarQuotes.

Happy to get Free 12month Solar Health Check.

Solar Installation

Initial contact, quote and installation was exceptional, however still waiting further customer care finalisation regarding quote hot water wiring. Would recommend G Solar for solar installation

Solar review

Whole process from initial phone contact for quote to installation was easy and efficient. My only issue was I would have liked the people installing to show we how to read the phone app, they seemed in a rush at the end. When I went to the shop they showed me then which was great. Thankyou

A pleasure to deal with

G Solar were a pleasure to deal with and extremely helpful answering my many questions. We had a few teething issues, but Grant was a delight to deal with and resolved all issues promptly. I have no hesitation in recommending G Solar.

Great work

Guys on sites were very professional and instal was quick great work done by all the boys would recommend

Happy Customer!!!

The G-Solar team were unreal to deal with. We have engaged them twice now on two different jobs within our business. We find the team to be easy to contact, quotes were made promptly allowing us to make the decision to go forward with the install. At Install the team were punctual and efficient. We are very happy with the quality of the work performed. Thank you G-Solar

Awesome service

After sourcing many quotes, I went with G Solar because they took the time to explain and answer my questions. Awesome customer service, very informative and fast install. Extremely happy overall.

Excellent service

Following our enquiry for solar, Grant came over to our place to inspect the property. He was very friendly and reassuring that he could provide the absolute best service for us. And he and his team did.

We received a self explanatory quote but Mark in the office was also really great at helping to explain things further.

The team that came onsite were professional and did a fantastic job of installing the equipment. All were very efficient.

A few days later, we thought we had an issue with our power and the guys were immediately responsive to come out and have a look. It was found it had nothing to do with the solar power install but they were so attentive in case it was. This was very relieving and great to know you’ve got that support from the company.

Highly recommend G Solar for their service, professionalism and competitive rates.

Friendly service and quality installation

Very happy with G Solar. The staff were friendly and responsive throughout the whole process. The installation was completed quickly and the work is neat and tidy.

Happy Chappy

Visited the house at a time suitable to wife and myself. Talked through the proposal without a hard sell. A number of companies wanted me to photograph the electrical box and send my last bill before they would quote let alone visit my residence, they went to the bottom of the pile.
Timely installation, within eight days. Four men worked all day in extreme Cairns heat.
Left a clean, tidy work place.
Used a scissor lift to access the roof of a two story Queenslander.
Undertook all the grid connection with Ergon.

Great job, professional, efficient and friendly local company

Our strong preference was to engage a local firm and we are delighted with how G Solar performed throughout the process. Their first point of difference was a promptly arranged site visit by Grant, their managing director (the other companies dealt with us by zoom and phone). A detailed proposal that reflected our discussions was provided 2 days later.

Installation was efficient and neat, and the guys were all very courteous and professional. Arriving exactly when they said they would and doing a great job tiding up after they finished.

Thus far the system is working perfectly and we are very happy to highly recommend G Solar. They are a first rate company with a great ethos.

Great customer satisfaction

G-Solar were 5 star all the way. Greg helped me to understand the system I was buying and made sure my consumption needs were met. G-Solar made several quotes for me to help me optimise my value for money, and tailored my system to my needs.
On the install day the team was very friendly and approachable. They included me in all decisions that made any difference to the aesthetic of the install and kept me in the loop throughout the day.
The team also followed all safety requirements, turning off power to work in the ceiling and using fall protection as necessary.
The after care has also been second to none. Greg helped me to set up my monitoring app on my devices and there hasn’t been a question that hasn’t been met with a quick, concise answer.
These guys know what they are doing!

Extremely happy

Extremely happy from start to finish. The quote was efficient and easy to understand. The installers were very polite and professional and did an amazing job. Will definitely recommend to everyone I know.

Great customer service with neat on time installation

Spoke to grant over the phone who gave me a detailed rundown of solar, how it works and the best option for me, received a timely well priced quote shortly after our conversation.

Could not fault the installation they were on time and very neat, staff were easy to communicate with and very helpful, would definitely use them again!

Easy & stress free process

The team at G-Solar have been a pleasure to deal with. Mark was the first to respond to my quote request, he listened and we designed a system to fit my use case. No pressure or attempts to sell me something I didn’t need.

The installation went smoothly with Anthony and the boys doing a professional and tidy job on site.

The support from Suze in the office has been great, she has handled the paperwork with Ergon Energy and answered all of my questions quickly and concisely.

I’ve already started recommending G-Solar to anyone who asks.

Very happy

Very professional group. Would recommend. Clean neat job. Turned up when they said they would.

Good quality installation

From the initial discussion to the completion of the installation we were very satisfied with the service.

The actual installation was carried out punctually, with very little inconvenience to our daily living and the three technicians worked with a high degree of professionalism leaving the site safe and tidy.

A detailed explanation was provided and we have no hesitation of promoting this product and company.

Great job, little wait time, neat and professional!

We'd received a few quotes and decided on G-Solar because they used quality fittings and have a good reputation. I would only use a local supplier, there are so many horror stories about non local suppliers. Such a big investment is worth any extra that might be charged, if at all.
There was a short wait time, the staff were very professional and did a lovely, neat job. We had a few extra installations done at the same time. It was good to get all of our little outstanding jobs completed in one hit!
Very happy with everything. There is a hefty credit card fee charged on the deposit when acceptiing via the email link. It might pay to pay another way. The fee is easy to miss.

Great job

When getting quotes for a solar system G-Solar were the only ones to physically come out inspect the property and explain the system to me.
Installation was seamless, the guys were courteous, polite and tidy.
G-Solar were great with set up of app on phone taking time to explain how it worked.
Happy to give my business to a local.

Excellent business

The team a at G Solar and Electrical where extremely easy to do business with, from the quote to installation and follow up. The boys turned up when promised and the installation was done very professionally and where extremely friendly. You could not ask for a better business to deal with and I believe I received very good value for money.. well done team

Extremely helpful, great customer service

We are extremely impressed with G-Solar. Everything has been easy and streamlined. The advise given, from inspection of our old service, to discussing which system would suit our needs, has been great & trustworthy. The technician came when he said he would, and everything was left tidy afterwards. I valued the time spent explaining everything and was impressed with the satellite technology used, which gave an immediate response to my questions. I will be using G-Solar in tge future to purchase a battery snd yo have our panels cleaned. Highly recommend them.

Great professional service

Fantastic customer service from start to finish. Always prompt at calling back. Attended in person for the quote and clearly explained the options available without trying to oversell things.
Installation was very neat and tidy and friendly staff.
Already enjoying the savings.

Trust a Local

Decided to use a local installer, was quite impressed with Grant when he came for the site visit, and being local I felt I could trust him. The installation went well, turned up promptly on the day and so far everything seems fine. Very impressed with the customer service and pleased they organised the grid connection. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Solar installation. My system has only just been installed this week so bit hard to comment on the quality of the system.

Awesome!

Owner Grant came to our house and ran through everything. Couldn’t be happier with the service and the results so far.

Great experience from start to finish

During the quoting process G-Solar stood out from others as being professional, experienced and honest - providing good advice and full disclosure of the advantages or disadvantages of different design and product choices.

The admin team very efficient and scheduled the work promptly, keeping me informed throughout the project.

The installer team was prompt, courteous and thorough. They completed the install, commissioning and handover exactly as they had promised. The standard of workmanship was very high and evident in every small detail of the job.

Thanks guys

Highly Professional & Friendly Local Team

From Start to finish, G-Solar's team were outstanding. The quote process was simple and a site visit from Grant was arranged quickly. The day of install ran extremely smoothly and the guys did a stellar job. The most polite and professional tradies I have come across!
A+ on all accounts.
I would highly recommend G-Solar if you are looking for a local business that is professional, timely, courteous and delivers top class service.
Great work "A Team" :)

Quality Install from a local Electrical Contractor

I chose G Solar as I wanted an installation done by qualified local tradesmen. Also with the knowledge that in the future I could deal directly with a local established company if any issues should arise.
The tradesmen were punctual, friendly and worked hard all day.
I would recommend them to anyone with the same reservations over a cheaper southern competitor.

Faultless installation.

Mark, in sales, was my first point of contact. He answered all my questions and concerns I had about installing solar, which put me at ease straight away.

I was very impressed with Grant when he came to our house to give us a quote. I felt safe to give the quote to G-Solar purely on that initial contact.

G-Solar wasn't the cheapest quote, but I decided on G-Solar, to get a quality instal, that I was happy with. The instal went well and they spent a bit more time running cables behind a facia, so a lot of the cables were hidden from view. Money well spent. A short time after instal we were connected to the grid and the inverter was up and running.

I am just waiting for Ergon Energy to update my meter box, so we can have the feed in tarrifs set up.

Installation and follow up service very good

the process went well from gaining a quote, meeting Grant on site to installation. Follow up on site to discuss system was good. Would recommend G Solar to any one considering home solar.

Happy Lassie

I was impressed by the introductory phone call to arrange a quote from Mark the Office Manager, followed by an email with a glossary of questions to ask Grant, the owner, on his arrival at my home. The questions, from Solar Quotes, related to important information to consider before choosing a solar system.

As Grant is an electrician, he provided detailed information about the install, plus a choice of panels and inverters from reputable companies that his business uses. He also mentioned that other brands are available if I chose not to go with his recommendations and he'd be happy to source them for me. There was no pressure, only facts from a genuinely, nice local.
I also felt confident about his company's installers being electricians/and or apprentices.

The office staff were most helpful and quick with responses to my questions. The quotes were detailed and easy to understand and I was pleased that Ergons costs were included.

The installation was earlier than expected. I was very happy with the high standards of the installers. The dream team did a fantastic installation, were very polite, extremely efficient, and left no mess.

Mark had organised the grid connection, then the final details were put into the inverter at the completion of the installation. The head electrician explained the workings of the inverter, and how to access data on my phone.

I am very happy with my elegant looking black panels on my white roof, as I am very happy with G-Solar & Electrical Pty Ltd. I highly recommend them.

Excellent work top quality neat and clean job

Grant and his team made everything super easy, to pick a system, where to put it, what size and couldn’t be happier with the quality of work his team did and at such a great price

G-Solar

Promy, curtious.
Phoned to let me know they'd arrived and when leaving