Green Solar

Green Solar is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 08/07/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
Installation Steps
  • Job Safety Analysis
  • Panel Mounting
  • Inverter Mounting
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

Since 2012 Green Solar Pty Ltd (formerly Green Solar) has supplied and installed thousands of realible, quality solar systems, provided with friendly ongoing backup and support.

Two reasons Green Solar stand out from the crowd:

Firstly, our installation knowledge, skill and neatness - a solar system installed well and configured better than the next company, will save you more money.

Secondly, ongoing support - we dont see solar as a one off purchase, but an ongoing relationship - this has seen our customers save more on their power bills due to advice on retailers and general solar usage.

We have seen throughout our history, Green Solar systems save our customers more.

For your convenience, Green Solar consultants can provide quotes face to face, via video call, over the phone or via email.

For quality systems and advice, call us today - 1300 760 914.

Reviewers report paying: $4,650 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Green Solar Reviews (252)

Faultless performance!

I went with Green Solar, not because of the price (I found all three quotes I got to be in the same ball-park in terms of product and price) - it was the comprehensive, always prompt, tireless answering of all my questions that swung the deal! Paul at Green Solar always replied quickly to my MANY questions, giving constantly excellent information and explanation. No question was a chore.

The installation team was headed by another Paul, who has been "...doing this for fifteen years". His experience showed. As promised, they were efficient, tidied up when finished, and (again) answered any questions I had. I got on my roof to inspect their work myself after they'd left - couldn't fault the installation.

Customer service, as already noted, was excellent. I (of course) had a couple more questions for Paul after the installation (about the online data for the system) - he promptly sorted my queries.

By the way, I'm a retired academic, and I don't give accolades unless they're truly deserved. These guys are good!

Amazing service, great quality system and professional team

Green Solar were amazing to work with, helped by the two Paul's in customer service and installation. Paul in customer service took plenty of time to explain the ins and outs of our solar options, as well as provide personalised service. He was reliable and quick in responding and was happy to facilitate splitting out the installation process so that we could have our roof restored in between.
He provided plenty of details for my husband and I to look over, and put no pressure on us making a decision. He allowed us space to compare our options and come back with questions. I did appreciate not having a sales push, rather informative and available help. The quote was the most competitive of those we received and we don't feel we have compromised on quality at all.
All applications to Energex and for the Govt subsidy were managed by Green Solar.
Installation was likewise a breeze. Paul and his team in installation were reliable, communicative and professional. They explained the monitoring process and the work was done to an excellent quality.
Have absolutely no qualms recommending Green Solar to any customer.

8 kw system installation in without a hitch

Quoting was prompt and clear. They gave us some options, based on price and quality combinations, which were appropriate for what we were looking for. Installation went very smoothly and customer service was of a high standard.
Thanks to Brian, Paul and the Green Solar team.

Professional and Easy every step of way.

This was my 3th attempt to get quotes for solar over the last 3 years and each time I never felt comfortable in what I was being offered.

This time Paul from Green Solar was extremely helpful and worked with me to design the optimal system for me roof. I needed 3 different banks of panels and he recommended the 10 kwh Goodwe inverter as it has 3 inputs instead of going for two 5kwh inverters like others recommended for a 13.2 kwh system.

Their price was within all the other's range, their quote material was excellent and they answered all my questions without any pressure.

The install occured on the day it was booked for even though there was rain during the week before and the installation team was professional, courteous and were happy to answer all my questions.

The site was left clean and they explained the app and how to read it.

Could not fault Green Solar in sales or installation and the system is producing the amount of power they suggested it would in their quote material.

Great service wins

They were great to deal with start to finish. Any questions I had were answered within a few hours . Were not pushy to sign contract. Were not the cheapest but their service was what won us over and the installation team were upfront told us everything and more about setting the system up . Plus set the monitoring system up too . On time no messing around and at no stage was worried about service or workmanship. Thank you very much For this recommendation "solar quotes " best experience.

Great Solar Panel quote, products and installation experience

The sales/quoting process was superb with lots of information about brands, products and their quality and advice about what to consider when making a decision. Really helped me work through all the quotes and jargon to make an informed decision and built trust.
The installation was great. On time, polite, kept to arranged timeframes and highly professional. I am very pleased that I selected Green Solar.

Prompt, polite and professional.

Our recent experience having our first solar system installed by Green Solar has been fantastic.
The sales team provided a wealth of knowledge to guide and educate us about the vast options available. The entire sales process never felt pressured, yet we always understood there was someone only a phone call away to answer our questions.
The installation team arrived on time and installed the system efficiently, even in the less than optimal conditions. All components were configured and handed over on the day. The team did an excellent job of presentation and cleaned up after themselves.
Post install, the team remained in contact to handover documents and arrange the grid connection.

While I initially struggled to choose from the quotes provided, as there are many good companies out there. I now feel that I made the right choice. We are happy to recommend the team at Green Solar.

Smooth Sailing with Solar

Quotes were clear and there were three options. All my questions were answered quickly. The installation began punctually. Information was related about the grid connection and the switchboard upgrade. Thank you for the deserving company that was recommended.

Green Solar

Everything about this company is excellent customer service was exemplary every question answered with great depth and intelligence.Guidance to the internet process was also great as we are in the “older Age “ bracket and lack knowledge in this medium.The installation went as planned with rain threatening,they were punctual polite and left everything tidy .They organised the grid connection after the installation .This company is always available to help ,explain and guide you through the process would highly recommend them

Original Review on 22-08-2021:

Easy process

Stress free from start to finish. The hardest part was choosing who to go with as they were all very good. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jason: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

All good no problems

Fantastic customer service

Very professional company that provides great customer service. Very easy to work with.

Reliable installer, excellent communication

Quote was delivered really quickly, after a short phone call and some questions via email - no site visit was required.

The company provided excellent communication, with regular emails to keep me up to date on what was happening (there were some delays on getting my battery due to covid-related supply chain issues). They came on the day they said they would, and had all the panels installed in the one day. When the battery eventually arrived, they installed that promptly and did a really tidy job.

Everyone was pleasant to deal with, from quote right through to installation. They set up my accounts with Fronius and Tesla, and did all of the work required to connect the smart meter and battery to my wifi so it was all up and running for me. They also arranged the metre change-over with Energex.

Top Class Service

Smooth process from the comprehensive information provided and quote to the top quality installation from a highly skilled and knowledgeable team. Arrived on time, friendly efficient service and left the site spotless. Really professional and highly recommended.

All good

Brian was very helpful during the sales process. Better than other vendors we requested quotes from. Installation happened on time with zero hassle. Very happy with the outcome

Professional and friendly

Great service all round from Green Solar. Paul took the time to explain in depth the differences between products and answered any questions I had. Green Solar use high quality products which have great customer support which isn't always the case. The installers (Paul and George) were very punctual and focussed and got the full install done in half a day including full tidy up and removal of the old system. They were very easy to deal with and happy to take me through the installation and how to use the monitoring up. They even cut back a tree that was overshadowing a couple panels. Overall, can't praise the experience enough.

Great service, great product and beautiful install.

Thank you very much for the great service all through this process, from answering all of my questions, to answering the phone every time to having a great installation. The installers were very professional, a really neat and tidy job on the install downstairs and great to see those photos of their awesome work on the roof also. Paul and team know their stuff and go to great lengths to get you the right products for the right price and take pride in their workmanship. Thank you again!

Original Review on 06-08-2021:

Job well done

Lots of info / options provided. Efficiently installed. Grid conn bit slow, still waiting Original ratings

8 months later we asked Jurgen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, exporting 10+ times what I import (one person household), still in credit with power company despite low 6.6 cents FIT.

Original Review on 25-07-2021:

Fantastic service, quality company!

Highly recommend Green Solar from first contact, Gerard, who was very generous with his time explaining all the possible options for my needs and expectations.
Great advice and attention to detail in explaining everything from choice of panels, inverter, rails and the extremely important quality of the install!
On day of installation, the team were fantastic! Arrived on time, courteous and showed great attention to detail.....which they were more than happy keeping me informed along the way! Their communication skills were excellent, and felt like they did everything in their power to explain things and make my first experience with solar something to look forward to.
Overall, the entire "solar experience" has been great and would highly recommend Green Solar. I look forward to seeing how the system performs and the money we save over the coming months / years.

9 months later we asked Greg: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system has been generating 2 to 3 times more power than we use so we have eliminated bills which is what we wanted.

A faultless installation....

From start to finish I could not have been more happier with how GreenSolar (Paul) was always available to answer my (nieve) questions on solar and offer an "unbiased" opinion and what was on the market (both good & bad) to best fit my budget and best fit my household usage.

I got my 3 quotes like we are told to......and got 3 different experiences of customer service!!!

Installation on the day, well "it just happened" the boys were professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and provided me with all the relevant information I needed after installation including grid connection.

Thanks, GreenSolar for providing a customer service & installation experience that was just "faultless.

Solar Installation

From the very first email I sent to the final installation, the process went without a hitch.
We had a 10.4kw system installed and after getting quotes( all with similar pricing) we decided to go with Green-solar as Paul was very helpful and informative.
The tradesmen used were very efficient and explained everything that was needed.
Thanks again

Great Solar process

Great job from start to finish. Paul and Co. Deffinetely relieved me of the anxiety of the whole excersise. They seem like they are really into Solar and have been around long enough to see the others come and go. Id deffinetely recommend Green Solar. The install was efficient, and just looks great on the house. First day and Its already producing 50kWh plus.

Service and Installation at its finest...

Right from the initial response for a quote for an additional solar system we were treated to informative and comprehensive information regarding our requirements. At no time was Paul pushy with sales tactics and provided answers to any queries we had throughout the process. The installation while being delayed due to weather events, was conducted without fault, arriving on time and completed the installation to a very high standard. Nothing was a problem for the whole team at any stage and would not hesitate in referring Paul and the team at Green Solar to anyone looking for a quality and cost effective solar system for their home.

Professional, reliable and very helpful

Installation was postponed multiple times due to wild weather. After that installer arrived on time, completed the installation (12KW system) in 2 days. Inverter cables in cavity, no issues what so ever with roof (rained a lot since). Price is reasonable, not the cheapest, but who wants to buy the cheapest solar system :) ?

Very happy over all.

Fanastic installer

From beginning to end, we found the whole process with Green Solar to be incredibly easy and efficient. Paul handled all our enquiries professionally and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Everything they said they would do, they delivered. We were very happy with the entire process. Thanks Paul.

Can't speak highly enough of the guys (Joey and Jamie) who did the installation. They were always in contact with us, on time, extremely professional and just top guys!! Thanks boys :)

The boys helped us set up the connection and showed how it operated on the mobile phone app. Thanks again.

It was a pleasure to deal with Green Solar. Would highly recommend if you want a stress free process and quality workmanship.

6.6kW system

Green solar are very professional from start to finish, insterlation was quick and well done, all rubbish was taken away, and left clean and tidy, I couldn’t be happier A+++

Unable to fault

Sales/quoting process was smooth, practical and prompt.
Installation was professional individuals knew their job, were tidy with their workspace, punctual, worked in with other trades on the site well.
Grid connection after install was smooth and professional

Same great service as in 2014

I used Green Solar to supply & install my home solar system back in 2014 and was impressed then with their advice, service & quality products. The system has worked faultlessly since then. This week my Daughter used Green Solar to supply & install a system for her first home. I'm happy to report that they have the same great people and service.The whole process was smooth, on time and value for money.

A trouble-free process

I am very happy to recommend Green Solar. I obtained two names from family and friends and we chose a local company. The quotes were very close.
The sales representative was a pleasure to deal with. He sent very full details of the proposal and answered all my questions to my satisfaction.
The installation team arrived on time. They were friendly and considerate and appeared to work very well as a team. They finished on time and left no evidence of their having been here, apart from a newly installed solar system which is working well !
The connection to the grid has gone seamlessly.

Terrific Solar Installer

Green Solar have done a great job installing our solar system. Brian, Paul and the team are friendly, knowledgeable and get everything done without any problems. They supply top quality panels and inverters, with easy no fuss installation for the best price out of 3 other companies I went to. Very impressed with their products and workmanship. I highly recommend Green Solar.

Green Solar up-grade

This is the second time I have used Green Solar and have found them very informative without pressure. Today's up-grade was completed within 5 hours and the tradesmen were very professional. Same crew as last time.
Highly recommend them.

Couldn't go any better

Paul and his team really embody the true meaning of customer service. They have been nothing but professional and had no dramas despite some issues on our roof due to hailstorm damage. Our brand new solar system was installed without a hitch and we are enjoying enormous savings in our power bill. We are assured that should anything go sideways, we know that Paul and his team are ready to give their immediate assistance. Thanks Green Solar! Thanks Paul, you are the man!

Very good company to deal with right from the start gave good information on all aspects of the job well done.

it was good to deal with a professional company. they were up front right from the start in comparison to other company's and advice given that was too good to be true.

Some tried hard sell and mysterious discounts

Green Solar, Adapt Energy, MC Electrical - Three Excellent Quotes - One Hard Choice

SolarQuotes referred three companies who were all excellent to deal with. All three were consistent with their information regarding highlighting quality products, poor quality products (to steer away from) and the actual installation process.
The choice on who to select was extremely difficult due to the quality of all three. In the end it came down to Green Solar having a late installation cancel before xmas.
That said, the installation team from Green Solar were very professional, friendly and completed the job in 1 day.

Very happy all round

Green solar were knowledgeable, friendly and approachable throughout the process. We worked together to achieve the best mix of quality and long term warranty on panels and inverter.

Installation was fine, neat and tidy and panels look great in place.

Green solar took care of everything to get us up and running and connected us up to the grid post install.

Green Solar are great!

Brilliant experience with Paul Meden to start with, through to Paul and the team on the day of the installation.

Paul provided heaps of info from the get go, including his opinions and thoughts on what works well. Plenty of information for us to make an informed decision as to which system configuration to go with.

Paul and the install team arrived on time and were friendly and professional, giving us a good walk through on how the system works, as well as how to use and read the reporting software.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Pauls and the Green Solar team to anyone!

Very profession 100% recommend

I went though 7 quotes and it started off very badly with dodgy sales guys
Luckily i did a lot of reading and watched a lot of videos off Solar Quotes website and did a lot of other research

The Sales Guy Paul was great - did not waste my time by coming round my house - but did send an installer to check what was possible and was super quick with advice and help

The install looked amazing and the guys did a great job

They were not the cheapest of the most expensive but came in with the best quote for the system i wanted of a highly rated installer

Fantastic work.

Fantastic work. Excellent customer service, would definitely recommend.
Brian has always been very helpful in answering our questions prior to installation, and on the installation day everything ran so smoothly. Definetely a recommendation.

Professionals who know what they are talking about

The experience from the first contact with Barry, through to the installation was professional and seamless.
Answered all of our questions regardless of the hour of the day.
The installer was very professional, knuckled down and thought about our installation to make it look tidy

Response times were very quick and easy.

Would definitely deal with this team again

Great customer service and installation

It was a pleasure to deal with Green Solar through the entire process. They were prompt and professional, always taking the time to answer our questions.

The installation happened without a glitch. We were very impressed with the quality of their workmanship and how well they tidied up after.

We we recommend Green Solar without hesitation.

Awesome buying/install experience

Green Solar have been incredible to deal with - from first contact. We found the prospect of acquiring solar daunting and frightening, however we needn't have worried. Green Solar called when they said they would, turned up when they said they would and installed when they said they would. As a consumer, we couldn't have asked for more.

Excellent

Very efficient & cooperative. Punctual and installation was done by mid afternoon.

Fantastic installer

I was contacted by Green Solar within hours of submitting the request through Solar Quotes. I was impressed by the detailed explanation about solar system size, installation method, different brands of inverters and panels, performance forecasting, warranties, and different sized packages that were quoted. I decided on REC 370w 29 panels and Fronius 8.2kw inverter (10.7kw package), with hot water timer as well. Green Solar was very flexible and accommodating with the install and removed the old 3kw system, organised the solar grid connection, and was very prompt in answering any question I had. I didn’t pay anything until after the install was completed, no deposit, nothing. They wanted me to see the system working before paying anything. I was shown how the inverter operated and was reassured that the system was 100% working.
There are a few differences that separated Green Solar from the other companies that also gave quotes. The install method for the panels have to meet compliance for the 25 year warranty to be valid. The other companies would have installed the panels over the guttering and peak of the roof, which would have voided warranty. The reassurance that quality wiring connection throughout the system will last through the warranty period and beyond was another reason I chose Green Solar.

Green Solar -

1. Quoting process: Very thorough , timely and not pushy. That is important to me.
2. The installers were the best, really polite, punctual and explained the process. Tidy, friendly and efficient. Took the time to explain how things worked from the powerboard to the app.
3. We did not have to worry about what next after the install. The Sales Manager got a hold of us and explained what would happen next and who would do what. It was all very professional. We received notification from Energex and Our provider as things were underway and then confirmation upon completion .

I would HIGHLY recommend Green Solar to friends and family. Actually I spoke with an electrical engineer (for Solar) over the weekend whom we recommended Green Solar too. He asked us all the right questions to ensure we were taken care of because he said there were a lot of cowboys out there. GREEN SOLAR are definitely NOT cowboys.

Great system

I had a system installed by Green Solar last week and am so far very happy with it. Paul and team guided me through the decisions and were very helpful and not at all pushy.

Installation was done all in a single day with no mess and very friendly installers.

All in all a very good experience.

I found the team great to deal with the installation was done to a very high standard would recommend

Excellent service with high quality product

Brian was fantastic in quoting us. He answered all the questions we threw at him....and there were many.
The team of electricians who installed everything did it in the one day and were extremely polite and professional.
Zero complaints here.

Absolutely fantastic on all fronts (installation, price, customer service)

So many solar "companies" out there but only so many are truly bloody fantastic at what they do and Green Solar is leading that pack. I spoke to about 6 or 7 different companies and from the first phone call with Paul, even before getting the quote I had decided this was the company I wanted to go with even if it was more expensive than the rest and, as it turns out, they were competitive on price too so a win on all fronts! Paul was super quick to respond to all my questions and managed to get my installation arranged within 2 weeks. They turned up exactly when they said they would, and both Paul (another Paul) and George are as nice as the Paul I had been speaking to. They could have installed the inverter next to the switchboard as it was by far the easiest way, but it would have been hit by the sun all day (potentially voiding the manufacturer's warranty) so they placed it on the south side of the house and ran a bunch of extra cabling all in the name of doing a bloody good job in the customer's best interests. There's a reason why these guys have the reputation that they have. Do yourself a favour - save yourself the headaches & regrets and get your solar PV system installed by Green Solar! Thank you Pauls and George for a brilliant install.

Amazing Green Solar!!

Paul and his team were absolutely brilliant in installing the Solar at our home! Paul arrived before time and was very quick with his team to size out the installing details! He and his team have excellent workmanship - they did not break a single roof tile! The solar installation has been excellent - they have made it such that one cannot even see the solar from the front of the house. I will surely recommend Paul & Green Solar! You guys are amazing!!

Another happy customer

If you don't believe the positive reviews come to my house to see what a professional installation looks like.
Top communication, expertise and advice.
Thanks Brian, thanks Paul. All the best.