Green Solar Reviews

About Green Solar, Solar Installers

Green Solar
Platinum Partner
Green Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 43 223 323 908  ABN active since 22 Dec 2016 | The Trustee For Green Solar Trust
ACN: 616 560 340  ACN active since 21 Dec 2016 | Green Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 85535 Green Solar Pty Ltd Atf Green Solar Trust

Reviewers report paying: $4,700 - $7,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Since 2012 Green Solar Pty Ltd (formerly Green Solar) has supplied and installed thousands of realible, quality solar systems, provided with friendly ongoing backup and support.

Two reasons Green Solar stand out from the crowd:

Firstly, our installation knowledge, skill and neatness - a solar system installed well and configured better than the next company, will save you more money.

Secondly, ongoing support - we dont see solar as a one off purchase, but an ongoing relationship - this has seen our customers save more on their power bills due to advice on retailers and general solar usage.

We have seen throughout our history, Green Solar systems save our customers more.

For your convenience, Green Solar consultants can provide quotes face to face, via video call, over the phone or via email.

For quality systems and advice, call us today - 1300 760 914.

Green Solar Solar Reviews

Great Customer Service

We were very impressed with the support and help with buying the product. The guys who did the installation went over and beyond with helping us through the whole process. Show additional information

Green Solar - Excellent choice

The salespeople were knowledgeable and responsive – as they guided me through the process.

Initially I had decided not to go with Green Solar as they were a more expensive, however when I discussed this with the salespeople they negotiated with me options on how they could cut their costs (and therefore the price) and still provide me a quality product.

The installers were friendly and quick. They discussed with me their strategy and got my agreement in regard to locations and work methods.

When I experienced an issue with the inverter (a loud hum). Green Solar were quick to advocate on my behalf to a reluctant Sungrow. They even installed a new inverter before Sungrow had fully approved the warranty replacement.

They also added a Sungrow "smart metre" which I highly recommend.

Comparing their modelling within their proposal with our output – it was bang on for August.

Green Solar - Highly Recommended

Very Impressed

The whole process was made very easy. The sales person took the time to talk through my needs and explain everything. The installers arrived on time, checked to make sure I was happy with the placement of the inverter and let things neat and tidy. They organised and processed everything. Show additional information

Good price, good service, good instalation

Sales process was very good, and salesperson easy to deal with (I followed up with him a few times, even post installation)
Installation was punctual and tidy. A couple of mistakes were made, but they were my fault for not checking things properly.
Grid connection was part of the service. In addition, I did not have to pay anything (not even a deposit) until the installation was complete - no other company offered that.
All I have to do now is to do a deal with my energy company.
I have not taken any photos as yet, and am away from home for a week.

Went above & beyond

All staff I've had contact with at Green Solar were prompt and professional. The install day went smoothly and guys arrived on time. Lead worker Paul spent much appreciated time sorting IT issues to ensure system running online with both inverter software & solar analytics program. Many thanks to both installers and Paul T. who put up with my frequent questions by challenging me and helping to educate me on Solar.

Regards, Lucinda

After almost one month since installation, altogether very satisfactory.

Despite my confusion late in the negotiations re warranties, relations were always calm and considerate, and everything worked out to my complete satisfaction.

Installation went very well. Only disappointment was that, in doing a good job of tidying up, rubbish was put in my recycle bin rather than in the adjacent garbage bin!

Customer service was excellent throughout, and my energy retailer installed the new meter more punctually than I had expected.

Great after sales service

Very happy with installers Lewis and Michael. Had a look in the ceiling after they had finished and they had done a very neat job in places that no one usually sees. Had a bit of a problem with the internet connection of the Fronius inverter but it was promptly resolved by company owner Paul. Very happy overall. Show additional information

Overall

Sales quotation was very informative and factual. Giving plenty of options
Installation was done in a timely manner with the installers punctual, neat and tidy. No rubbish left laying around.
Grisd connection was done on day of installation.

great people to talk. great installer, so far so good and happy.

easy quote process
installation was quick and great guys came to our place
still waiting to change my new meter from origen, it can take 4 to 6 weeks i was told

Extraordinarily helpful throughout

I was recommended to Green Solar and could not be happier for it.
Paul was super helpful and patient in letting me ask all the questions I needed to gain comfort in developing a setup for the installation. Prior to installing the system I thought that all the hardware came as a single package to work in optimum setup but Paul helped me sift through all the jargon and information as well as give me the installer's background and aftermarket support that what each company would be providing.
I ended up with a package that suited my needs to a price point that I was comfortable with and his team installed the system without issues or hassles.
Since then, I've had a learning experience with the system as well as the mobile phone app for understanding the data from the inverter just as Paul has also. He has provided exceptional aftermarket service and advice throughout.

Fantastic installation.

The quotes are reasoable in price. The installer are realy knowledegeable in what they are doing and very polite. Started on time and ended on time. The customer service is excellent and did help in everything to from start to installation to grid connection. Show additional information

Green Solar Best Quality Solar, Amazing Service

Highly recommend Green Solar! If you are looking for Solar make sure Green Solar is on your list to call. Amazing service from research, quote, finance and installation. When we started looking for Solar there were so many options and providers it was truly overwhelming. After talking with numerous companies and doing our own research as best we could, making the call to Barry at Green Solar was undoubtedly our best move. He was more than happy to talk things through with me, numerous times, in detail. He provided me with written information on the more well known and recommended panels as well as important things to look for with installation. He did not talk down any other provider but did genuinely want us to have the best quality option for us, at the best price, so was happy to talk through any other contracts we had been considering and what he might tweak or reconsider.

The company have their recommended products but are so reliable and honest that they will also install other panels and inverters if they are quality and you have your heart is set on them. But, the big winner for me was their guarantees. They not only warranty the panels and installation but if the panels are damaged in the warranty period they will re-install them at no cost. This is not included in most other companies contracts meaning if a panel broke you would receive a delivery of new panels but have to pay for your own re-installation. They also have a range of finance and payment plan options and will make flexible plans to suit your individual payments needs.

For newbies like us to the solar mine field, Barry and the team at Green Solar were only too happy to guide us openly, honestly and without pressure. The boys who did our installation were prompt, tidy and very friendly and knowledgeable having had 10 years experience in solar installation. We have a fabulous 7.8kw system, 6kw inverter in place and a smart meter for the same monthly cost as our usual electricity bills and we could not be happier.

Brilliant service & seamless installation

Brilliant experience installing our solar system. Paul & the team were exceptional to work with & gave us all the advice we needed to make an informed decision. The quoting process was straight forward & all our options were mapped out clearly. This is our second time using the company & they have exceeded our expectations both times. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

The installation process was seamless & the team did a great job. The equipment was installed perfectly with our options discussed on the day. Very happy with the finished product.

Our after care has also been exceptional with Paul organising our grid connection & providing all the necessary information we needed to approach our energy provider for final connection.

Excellent quick and efficient installation

The quoting process was quick and efficient and provided good information. The installation was very quick and efficient and the installers very professional and friendly Show additional information

WONDERFUL customer service!!

Barry Janetzki & Paul Thistleton from Green Solar were AWESOME!! Barry supported me through 15mths of phone calls, educating me, answering my questions & was ALWAYS available when I reached out to him. After 15mths of phone calls & learning we decided on the perfect system for us & the process was not only professional AND friendly, but a quick, smooth & easy process for us. Barry & Paul were there for me from the start of the process to AFTER the process was complete. I started my solar journey May 2018, decided on the perfect system for me in EARLY Oct 2019 & had switched to solar by Nov 14th 2019. Best decision ever was going through Barry & Paul at Green Solar......thanks heaps guys!! Show additional information
Fast, efficient no pressure sales.
Took the time to explain all aspects and provided multiple quotes on varying systems with panel, inverter, accessories and installation times.

System to be installed in a week or so.

Great Experience

Barry, from Green Solar, is the absolute best. He is very knowledgeable, patient and not pushy. He provided 3 quotes customised to my needs and was the only quote I received that included a photo of my house with the panels positioned on my roof. The installation date was provided quickly and I had the wonderful Lewis on installation day. He was punctual and very polite. Installation was quick and all rubbish removed. Thank you so much for providing the installer suggestions and for including Green Solar in this suggestions. Absolutely fabulous install experience. AAA+ Show additional information

These guys nailed it!

Outstanding customer service.

The quoting process was super easy, straight forward and no BS. The quote was the best value and they answered all our questions.

The installers were there early, got onto the job and finished in no time at all. Brilliant install, the panels are perfect and the cabling is awesomely tidy.

The grid connection happened way quicker than we expected as they got onto it the same day as the install.

Couldn't be happier, the system has exceeded our expectations and the whole install was completely hassle free. Cheers guys!

Nice sales guy, friendly and helpful installation team; 370W Jinko panels

Enjoyed working with sales guy Gerard, and enjoyed having Paul and the the installation team at my home.

Of the 3 quotes, Green Solar were only offering with higher density 370W Jinko panels. Ultimately I up sold myself to a huge 57-panel 21kW system because I was so excited to get the most from my roof and these panels.

Good price for a high quality system, good to deal with

Quoting process was fine - not as good as other companies, sales guy was nice enough but came across as sales-focussed and was not as knowledgeable in comparison to sales people from other companies that I dealt with.

Finally decided to go with Green Solar because their product is high quality and with excellent warranty coverage.
Installation was fine, good people, very professional. Initially the connection wasn't set up right, but Paul, the boss at Green Power has been exceptionally helpful with getting everything organised. Now I have become a solar power app addict, I love checking how much power we are making and using.

Professional, Quality Driven & Honest

Extremely happy with the entire process from start to end. Paul was superb and proactive. We carried out an extensive amount of research on solar panels, retailers and Installers but Green solar tops the chart. Based on our contact with more then several different solar retailers; Paul proved very knowledgeable in his field of expertise, straight forward, honest, quick to respond and guide. The installation was carried out professionally with ease, extremely neat job. Super happy with the outcome. Quality panels at a great price. Thankful and grateful. Highly recommend Green Solar. Show additional information

Excellent installation and great products.

Quote and booking process was easy and informative. The installation on the day was brilliant - technicians were prompt, knowledgeable and communicated very well. They were extremely courteous, talked through the steps of the job before starting, confirmed everything where they needed to and answered all questions. Couldn't have asked for a better installation. Thanks! Show additional information

Excellent service, great installation, really knowledgeable

Gerard provides detailed pre sales information, provided lots of options and put up with my constant questions. The installation process was seamless and completed within a day.
Great installers who talked us through the process and did a clean install.
Dealt with Barry from Green Solar and he has been excellent in explaining the options, pros and cons, and costs. He helped with some of the prep work (like getting our meter moved) and has been available all the way. The installers turned up and explained what they were doing and walked me through the kit, and configuration, helping get the inverter connected, etc. The guys were excellent. Completed the job on time and left no mess behind. In the first few days - in winter - I'm seeing 28KWh or so being generated and I'm really happy with it. Show additional information

As soon as they got a "yes" communication ceased.

Overall: a mixed experience, good up front information, good implementation, not great after sales.

The good: The initial quoting and sales process was good. The salesman was generous with his time, accommodated our being out of contact and responsive to questions. He gave me lots of information and appeared to be genuinely interested in providing a premium service. I accepted a higher quote on that basis. The installation went smoothly, the installer was easy to deal with, turned up when they said they would and cleaned up. Our price might look a little higher as a meter box upgrade was required. I understood from the start that this might be the case and the reasons for it.

The not-so-good: Small things, but not really consistent with a "premium" experience. Communication with Green Solar tailed off significantly when I accepted their quote. I asked on several occasions for an on-site meeting (or even diagram and a phone call) discussing where the panels would be located and why. This did not eventuate. I don't have any great objection to where they ended up but this was largely accidental. I tried to get confirmation of the install day/time & etc and the first confirmation was the installer turning up. After installation there was no manual or warranty information for the inverter, no handover, or information of any kind except responses to direct questions. It is clearly not part of their process to explain what an owner needs to do and how to get the best from their system. Even if the answers are "nothing" and "leave it alone" it would be helpful to know. I assume the commissioning documentation has been sent, but have not been told this despite the fact that the invoice was paid in full before the due date.

An easy decision

All went well from choosing and buying to installation and getting it going. Show additional information

Very professional service and the back up support was really helpful

I was very happy with every aspect of the process with Green Solar. The Regional Manager Barry Janetzki was very helpful in terms of helping me understand what system would best suit my needs and he also took the time to answer all of the questions that I had about solar power in general. When I initially contacted Barry I was not in a position to make a purchase for 6 months and so he made a note in his calendar to call me in December 2019. Barry called me right on time in December and once again was very helpful with further questions that I had. I decided to go ahead with Green Solar's quote and the installation of the new meter box and solar panels were both completed very efficiently. For anyone who is uncertain about what solar power and system to use, Green Solar is a company that I would happily recommend. Show additional information

Quality and Professionalism in the Solar World

If you've already received your 3 quotes you need to speak with Green Solar.
The whole process was made easy with Green Solar. Their knowledge and experience in the business was unlike my dealings with some other providers. Quoted 29th Jan 2020. Installed and working 17 Feb. The advise I received from Paul culminated in him supplying a quality system saving me $1000.
They know what their talking about.
Lewis who did install was a qualified solar electrician who new his job. My 5 kW system was Producing power by 3 PM on the day of install. That includes cleaning up after the job. Customer service was exemplary.
Just awaiting Energex to get me connected to grid which has been booked for 2 weeks but system is supplying me of nearly 70% of my daily consumption.
I'm obsessed with monitoring my phone app!

Fantastic solar experience !

Professional, responsive, fast, quality, timely, reliable, courteous, knowledgeable, value-for-moneyy, seamless, no-fuss... Show additional information

Fantastic Installer Team and Service from Green Solar

Excellent Sales service and knowledge in detail - we had many questions and got all answered and finalized in what we would call the best possible option/offer for our needs. We went for a 13kW system but only 38 panels could be fitted on our roof - so it is good 12kW system.
The install went extremely well, smooth and very efficient - in one day team, "Paul" from Green Solar had the complete system installed and running - exceptional hard workers and very friendly and the place was also cleaned up at the end.
We are now waiting for the final grid connection but this will most likely work as smooth as everything else with Green Solar - thanks Barry for your support at Green Solar. We can only recommend going solar asap and consider Green Solar as one of your options - we are very happy with the outcome.

Service you can trust

After doing some online research, I decided to go with Green Solar. Dealing with Paul T was a breeze. He explained the different systems well and was open and honest about what things I should look out for when shopping around. There was no hard sell, just friendly and honest information. The installation process was quick and painless, and I got follow up communications from Paul, making sure that I was happy with how things went, as well as giving me a few extra tips and suggestions. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. Show additional information

Green solar

Good service, friendly, knowledgeable and approachable staff. Would recommend getting a few quotes to feel confident with what everything means and so you feel confident on the right design for your house when you choose Show additional information

Couldn't be happier!

Paul was very easy to deal with, patient and knowledgable about all things solar. It was great to have a choice of panels and inverter so we could choose the system best suited to our home. The return on this investment is so good that we put as much up there as we could practically fit. Paul designed what must be the best possible layout that works with even the slightest bit of sunlight. Payment terms were 100% on installation, which shows how confident Green Solar are with their installations. The installers were cheery (on a 36 degree day!), efficient and made sure every box was ticked before they were done. We've just got to wait for our energy retailer to upgrade the meter now, after Green Solar arranged this. It all seemed so easy in the end! We are producing over 60kW of clean energy a day which is a great feeling. Couldn't be happier and love the Fronius App. I would definitely recommend Green Solar for their exceptional knowledge, straight-forward advice, competitive pricing and quality workmanship! Show additional information

Honesty, great value and no unnecessary bells and whistles

Super easy to deal with Paul from Green Solar. He gave me a great deal and after reviewing my energy usage sold me exactly what I needed (including drawings of what aspect the solar panels would face on our house). I really appreciated his honesty and integrity seeing as I’m super naive in this field (to the point he undersold himself and saved me 1500.) He was very open and upfront about the quality of the systems vs. Appeal of the brand names and broke it down for a simpleton like me in a totally comprehensible way. The install was super quick and efficient and I really wish I hadn’t hesitated for so long if I knew it was going to be this straight forward. I would 100 percent recommend this company amidst a sea of solar providers and if I ever need any more I will definitely be going back. Show additional information

High professionalism

We found the entire process to be conducted in a highly professional manner, from early consultations and the quoting process to the installation and post-installation follow-up. We strongly recommend Green Solar. Show additional information

Great Installer. Open and Honest. Competitive and Reliable.

Could not have been happier. Made the whole process really easy and did everything they said they would + a bit more Show additional information

Best quality, Best value

Normally a platium installer charges more than the market average but these guys quote me very fair price with best work. To be honest i asked at least four similar level installer they give me the best price. You may miss them because they dont put much info on their website or advertisement but definitely choose them. They even help me to fix the tiles while installation with no extra cost at all.
I was very pleased with the service shown, by Green Solar and the advice, that was freely given, but not in any type of a pushy way. The installer explained the workings of the system and how to get the best out of it. The system I chose, was not the cheapest, but I have what I believe is a quality system, that will give me maximum benefits, for my money spent. My thanks to you for putting me on to this company. Show additional information

Great job by the company and their installers

Was guided by Solar Quotes to arrange 3 quotes by local installers,only 1, Green Solar,Barry,got back to me within the allotted time frame..maybe the others where busy at the time.so arranged a quote,took photos of roof and meter box,and decided that there where shading issues with the house.I had been waiting council approval on a machinery shed to get built and told Barry that where the shed was,it was perfect for solar to be installed,but was 4 months away from completion,he said he would arrange a followup call when it was completed.With the shed up,Barry decided as he was in the area to make a visit to see what system would be best suited.Up until then we where talking 6.6kw with 5kw inverter on single phase,on inspection he saw that the existing house was on 2 phase and there was provision for 3 phase in the meter box,so it was decided a 3 phase 10kw panel,8.2 kw inverter would do the job I wanted.After looking at Canadian Solar website I noticed they had just introduced 400 watt panels (August 2019),and after measuring the length of the sheds roof (15.15m) opted to put 28,14 per side 400 watt panels with east /west configuration with a 10kw Fronius 3 phase inverter.On the day of the job the installers came,on time,changed out the asbestos backing board,installed isolators,hot water timer,3 phase cabling to the shed,fitted inverter to backing board and even supplied power points,all very efficient and polite. A job well done.Today 4/10/19 system made 62kwh with max power of 9987w one month ago(September)..looking forward to longer days and more sunshine.Thanks Barry and the team from Green Solar.. Show additional information

Amazing Experience

From start to finish Gerard at Green Solar from a stand out. The only one to give genuine advice about what to look for and what was best for our individual needs. Gerard spent a lot of time with before going ahead at his own cost/time. Very competitive quote. At install the guys (George and Paul) were so quick, informative and cleaned up after themselves. Once they were done they spent time explaining the system functions and the process from there.

Our system is now up an running and for winter we are seeing great results so far. I highly recommend The Fronius smart meter and a hot water timer. It has been great having a consumption meter to show when and what to use at peak and off peak times.

Such a great experience and i give them 11/10. Superb. Thanks again for all your help.

Great Installation

All excellent from first contact and quote to the actual installation. Still waiting on Ergon to do their bit but Green Solar crew couldn’t have been better. Very punctual and the installation was so fast . No mess left behind at all. The crew was very polite and everything was explained to me in depth . Communication with Barry couldn’t have been better. Many thanks! Show additional information
Finn, your website is excellent reading, it's been really helpful and educational, it made it easier for me to make a decision.
I've had fantastic service and info from Barry, and I'm very excited to have solar installed in the beginning of June
Thanks heaps.

Amazing after sales service too...

Thank you Paul, for amazing after sales service. All questions answered quickly and correctly. Brilliant. Doug Show additional information