Green Solar

Green Solar is a SolarQuotes Installation Audit Participant

Latest audit: 08/07/2021

See full audit history

Design Steps
  • Cable selection based on voltage rise and drop
  • Production Estimates of the system
  • Isolator selection calculations
  • Calculated the correct voltages and current for labelling
  • String configuration voltages
Installation Steps
  • Job Safety Analysis
  • Panel Mounting
  • Inverter Mounting
  • AC/DC Cable Runs
  • Rooftop Isolator

Photos from the audit

Since 2012 Green Solar Pty Ltd (formerly Green Solar) has supplied and installed thousands of realible, quality solar systems, provided with friendly ongoing backup and support.

Two reasons Green Solar stand out from the crowd:

Firstly, our installation knowledge, skill and neatness - a solar system installed well and configured better than the next company, will save you more money.

Secondly, ongoing support - we dont see solar as a one off purchase, but an ongoing relationship - this has seen our customers save more on their power bills due to advice on retailers and general solar usage.

We have seen throughout our history, Green Solar systems save our customers more.

For your convenience, Green Solar consultants can provide quotes face to face, via video call, over the phone or via email.

For quality systems and advice, call us today - 1300 760 914.

Reviewers report paying: $4,650 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Green Solar Reviews (222)

Green Solar, Adapt Energy, MC Electrical - Three Excellent Quotes - One Hard Choice

SolarQuotes referred three companies who were all excellent to deal with. All three were consistent with their information regarding highlighting quality products, poor quality products (to steer away from) and the actual installation process.
The choice on who to select was extremely difficult due to the quality of all three. In the end it came down to Green Solar having a late installation cancel before xmas.
That said, the installation team from Green Solar were very professional, friendly and completed the job in 1 day.

Very happy all round

Green solar were knowledgeable, friendly and approachable throughout the process. We worked together to achieve the best mix of quality and long term warranty on panels and inverter.

Installation was fine, neat and tidy and panels look great in place.

Green solar took care of everything to get us up and running and connected us up to the grid post install.

Green Solar are great!

Brilliant experience with Paul Meden to start with, through to Paul and the team on the day of the installation.

Paul provided heaps of info from the get go, including his opinions and thoughts on what works well. Plenty of information for us to make an informed decision as to which system configuration to go with.

Paul and the install team arrived on time and were friendly and professional, giving us a good walk through on how the system works, as well as how to use and read the reporting software.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Pauls and the Green Solar team to anyone!

Very profession 100% recommend

I went though 7 quotes and it started off very badly with dodgy sales guys
Luckily i did a lot of reading and watched a lot of videos off Solar Quotes website and did a lot of other research

The Sales Guy Paul was great - did not waste my time by coming round my house - but did send an installer to check what was possible and was super quick with advice and help

The install looked amazing and the guys did a great job

They were not the cheapest of the most expensive but came in with the best quote for the system i wanted of a highly rated installer

Fantastic work.

Fantastic work. Excellent customer service, would definitely recommend.
Brian has always been very helpful in answering our questions prior to installation, and on the installation day everything ran so smoothly. Definetely a recommendation.

Professionals who know what they are talking about

The experience from the first contact with Barry, through to the installation was professional and seamless.
Answered all of our questions regardless of the hour of the day.
The installer was very professional, knuckled down and thought about our installation to make it look tidy

Response times were very quick and easy.

Would definitely deal with this team again

Great customer service and installation

It was a pleasure to deal with Green Solar through the entire process. They were prompt and professional, always taking the time to answer our questions.

The installation happened without a glitch. We were very impressed with the quality of their workmanship and how well they tidied up after.

We we recommend Green Solar without hesitation.

Awesome buying/install experience

Green Solar have been incredible to deal with - from first contact. We found the prospect of acquiring solar daunting and frightening, however we needn't have worried. Green Solar called when they said they would, turned up when they said they would and installed when they said they would. As a consumer, we couldn't have asked for more.

Excellent

Very efficient & cooperative. Punctual and installation was done by mid afternoon.

Fantastic installer

I was contacted by Green Solar within hours of submitting the request through Solar Quotes. I was impressed by the detailed explanation about solar system size, installation method, different brands of inverters and panels, performance forecasting, warranties, and different sized packages that were quoted. I decided on REC 370w 29 panels and Fronius 8.2kw inverter (10.7kw package), with hot water timer as well. Green Solar was very flexible and accommodating with the install and removed the old 3kw system, organised the solar grid connection, and was very prompt in answering any question I had. I didn’t pay anything until after the install was completed, no deposit, nothing. They wanted me to see the system working before paying anything. I was shown how the inverter operated and was reassured that the system was 100% working.
There are a few differences that separated Green Solar from the other companies that also gave quotes. The install method for the panels have to meet compliance for the 25 year warranty to be valid. The other companies would have installed the panels over the guttering and peak of the roof, which would have voided warranty. The reassurance that quality wiring connection throughout the system will last through the warranty period and beyond was another reason I chose Green Solar.

Green Solar -

1. Quoting process: Very thorough , timely and not pushy. That is important to me.
2. The installers were the best, really polite, punctual and explained the process. Tidy, friendly and efficient. Took the time to explain how things worked from the powerboard to the app.
3. We did not have to worry about what next after the install. The Sales Manager got a hold of us and explained what would happen next and who would do what. It was all very professional. We received notification from Energex and Our provider as things were underway and then confirmation upon completion .

I would HIGHLY recommend Green Solar to friends and family. Actually I spoke with an electrical engineer (for Solar) over the weekend whom we recommended Green Solar too. He asked us all the right questions to ensure we were taken care of because he said there were a lot of cowboys out there. GREEN SOLAR are definitely NOT cowboys.

Great system

I had a system installed by Green Solar last week and am so far very happy with it. Paul and team guided me through the decisions and were very helpful and not at all pushy.

Installation was done all in a single day with no mess and very friendly installers.

All in all a very good experience.

I found the team great to deal with the installation was done to a very high standard would recommend

Excellent service with high quality product

Brian was fantastic in quoting us. He answered all the questions we threw at him....and there were many.
The team of electricians who installed everything did it in the one day and were extremely polite and professional.
Zero complaints here.

Absolutely fantastic on all fronts (installation, price, customer service)

So many solar "companies" out there but only so many are truly bloody fantastic at what they do and Green Solar is leading that pack. I spoke to about 6 or 7 different companies and from the first phone call with Paul, even before getting the quote I had decided this was the company I wanted to go with even if it was more expensive than the rest and, as it turns out, they were competitive on price too so a win on all fronts! Paul was super quick to respond to all my questions and managed to get my installation arranged within 2 weeks. They turned up exactly when they said they would, and both Paul (another Paul) and George are as nice as the Paul I had been speaking to. They could have installed the inverter next to the switchboard as it was by far the easiest way, but it would have been hit by the sun all day (potentially voiding the manufacturer's warranty) so they placed it on the south side of the house and ran a bunch of extra cabling all in the name of doing a bloody good job in the customer's best interests. There's a reason why these guys have the reputation that they have. Do yourself a favour - save yourself the headaches & regrets and get your solar PV system installed by Green Solar! Thank you Pauls and George for a brilliant install.

Amazing Green Solar!!

Paul and his team were absolutely brilliant in installing the Solar at our home! Paul arrived before time and was very quick with his team to size out the installing details! He and his team have excellent workmanship - they did not break a single roof tile! The solar installation has been excellent - they have made it such that one cannot even see the solar from the front of the house. I will surely recommend Paul & Green Solar! You guys are amazing!!

Another happy customer

If you don't believe the positive reviews come to my house to see what a professional installation looks like.
Top communication, expertise and advice.
Thanks Brian, thanks Paul. All the best.

Great service and quality.

Very helpful and professional. Would recommend them. Seems to be working very well.

Fantastic Service

Thank you Paul and team your customer service was impeccable and always happy to answer our questions. The installation was seamless.

Amazing service and done with a more than reasonable time frame

Paul the salesmen was fantastic was able to get a hold of him at any time even after he's still answering questions

Easy to deal with & not pushy. Other company quote really tried to pressure the sale

All went well, customer service was polite & the installers were good to deal with

Great service, hassle free and fantastic installation

Great information about products to make an informed choice. Thank you Paul and the team for your attention to detail. I will recommend your service and products 100% to anyone.

Great Experience, Exactly as promised.

Barry was great to dfeal with from the outset, explained everything in detail and supplied us with a great price.
The Installation was very smooth and everything went exactly where we had originally discussed.
The installers turned up right on time, were courteous, had the job finished and tidied up early.
Great customer service, the explainations of what was done and how to operate the system were excellent.
The Grid connection was also organised and our energy retailer contacted us within a couple of days.

We couldnt be happier!

Excellent services - professional team

From initial contact to installation Green Solar were professional, informative & reliable.
They provided excellent information to assist with my decision, keeping in touch without being pushy. The install team were great, clean, tidy, professional, ontime & finished with no issues.

Easy process

Stress free from start to finish. The hardest part was choosing who to go with as they were all very good.

Job well done

Lots of info / options provided. Efficiently installed. Grid conn bit slow, still waiting

Fantastic service, quality company!

Highly recommend Green Solar from first contact, Gerard, who was very generous with his time explaining all the possible options for my needs and expectations.
Great advice and attention to detail in explaining everything from choice of panels, inverter, rails and the extremely important quality of the install!
On day of installation, the team were fantastic! Arrived on time, courteous and showed great attention to detail.....which they were more than happy keeping me informed along the way! Their communication skills were excellent, and felt like they did everything in their power to explain things and make my first experience with solar something to look forward to.
Overall, the entire "solar experience" has been great and would highly recommend Green Solar. I look forward to seeing how the system performs and the money we save over the coming months / years.

Wonderful company with brilliant staff all around

We were introduced to Green Solar by my husband's colleague who had used them a few times before recommending them to us.

Prior, we had been looking around for a while, but very skeptical about the options out there as there are so many!

But back to Green Solar, we shot them an email, and eventually Brian looked after us. Brian was/is awesome. My first phone call with him, he talked to me about solar (general information) for about 15mins. I could hear his passion about solar, and it was very informative, as I had very minimal knowledge.

Soon after, I was emailed a quote, the guys came out to install the panels for us, and we have been happy ever since. Even the guys that came out were very friendly and very happy to explain and answer any questions that I had.

I definitely recommend them, and would go with them again if I have another property!!!

Original Review on 08-11-2020:

No problems kept us informed installation worry free always helpful

Great service kept us informed installation worry free no worries Original ratings

8 months later we asked Julie: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes exceeded our expectations all good happy with how its performing

Excellent service. This is second time we’ve used them

Everything was fine and smooth. Good communication. And provided extra advice and help with the roof.

This is second time we have used them

Very happy

Excellent service and installation

We wanted more independence from the grid system and yet remain connected for the unforeseen. Our older system was still working quite well but did not achieve what we wanted. Upgrading, we thought, may be a little complicated to serve our needs. It wasn't; Gerrard spend a lot of time and many return communications to ensure we had the right system. We could not be happier with his efforts and patience. Paul and George (installers) were extremely pleasant and very particular about the quality of the installation process. With me frequently interrupting them with questions during the install, they too showed great tolerance.
The system has been working for going on 3 weeks now and has performed exactly as designed.

We would recommend this company and these people anytime.

Excellent service

Brian was very friendly, knowledgeable and gave us good advice that was neutral. The installation team were great! Very polite, excellent workmanship and very informative. It was an enjoyable journey from sales to installation and after sales. Thank you.

Quality system, excellent install, great customer service

The whole process from quote to install has been really straightforward and fuss free. Brian was really great to deal with, he answered all of my questions and I felt that he provided really genuine and helpful advice.
Paul and George did a great job with the install. Everything looks very neat and tidy both on the roof and in the meter box. Paul was great at explaining how to monitor production and how to get the most benefit from the new system.

Very happy with the experience overall.

Best Service

After around 9 years my inverter died (out of warranty) I needed a new inverter and the original installer was not really interested. Paul from Green Solar gave me options for a new inverter and his easy and friendly manor coupled with a professional understanding of solar really helped. I was further impressed but his solar technician (Lewis) who was friendly and professional and I felt comfortable with him doing the inverter change, he also did a check of the panels and wiring without any complaints - given I have a two story home with a high pitch roof (unlike the original installer).

I would highly recommend Green Solar for any solar upgrade or new solar system.

Review

Liked the initial email from Green explaining they types of solar available in layman’s terms
Follow up call with Brian was excellent answering all questions
Installation was fantastic very professional job neat and tidy and cleared up all mess

Original Review on 15-08-2020:

After almost one month since installation, altogether very satisfactory.

Despite my confusion late in the negotiations re warranties, relations were always calm and considerate, and everything worked out to my complete satisfaction.

Installation went very well. Only disappointment was that, in doing a good job of tidying up, rubbish was put in my recycle bin rather than in the adjacent garbage bin!

Customer service was excellent throughout, and my energy retailer installed the new meter more punctually than I had expected.

8 months later we asked Ronald: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. Only disappointment is a less than hoped for credit each quarter with Alinta! Should I transfer to, e.g. Aus Energy?

Alarmed at the suggestion that energy suppliers may demand payment for excess energy fed back to them! Is this merely rumour-mongering by suppliers of batteries?

Great service all round

From the objective and useful information on different solar systems, passing by the professionalism of the installers right down to the after sales follw-up, the whole team at Green Solar were always available and helpful. This made the choice and installation of the system a breeze. Highly recommended and have already done so to a few friends. Thank you

Original Review on 07-08-2020:

Great after sales service

Very happy with installers Lewis and Michael. Had a look in the ceiling after they had finished and they had done a very neat job in places that no one usually sees. Had a bit of a problem with the internet connection of the Fronius inverter but it was promptly resolved by company owner Paul. Very happy overall. Original ratings

7 months later we asked Jim: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 12 months the system is still performing as good as when installed. We have had zero problems with it - very happy to recommend.

Good Sales, Mediocre Install

Green Solar weren't the cheapest quote we got, however we went with them because the sales rep made a big deal about the extra care they take during installation (which was important to us as we have Terracotta Tiles) and how they use locking glands instead of the usual decktite/silicon combo for passing cables through the roof to prevent leaks developing. Turns out the cable glands were all talk as they weren't compatible with our roof so we ended up with decktite/silicon, this is something that could have been fixed with an on-site inspection before providing a quote. Also, the electrician they sub-contracted out to left the place a mess, and a cracked tile on the roof.

That said, our sales rep was helpful with resolving the issues with the contractor, and they provided 2 x complimentary optimisers for panels that were planned to be west facing, however ended up needing to be placed south facing due to roof size. I feel like this issue could have been avoided though with a proper pre-site inspection before quoting.

Am I happy with the system I got - yes. Would I go out of my way to recommend Green Solar - probably not.

Efficient and friendly installation.

They were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We let the quote lapse for almost a year and when we came back to it they gave us the a better panels for a better price.
The installation itself was also very smooth and we were kept informed during the entire thing.

Original Review on 11-06-2020:

Great Experience

Barry, from Green Solar, is the absolute best. He is very knowledgeable, patient and not pushy. He provided 3 quotes customised to my needs and was the only quote I received that included a photo of my house with the panels positioned on my roof. The installation date was provided quickly and I had the wonderful Lewis on installation day. He was punctual and very polite. Installation was quick and all rubbish removed. Thank you so much for providing the installer suggestions and for including Green Solar in this suggestions. Absolutely fabulous install experience. AAA+ Original ratings

8 months later we asked Kelley: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed beyond my expectations. I have a swimming pool and ducted air con which I can now use whenever is necessary and not worry about the cost because of my solar. My quarterly bill has gone from approximately $650.00 to $127.00 in January 2021.

A hassle free switch

Service was great on ordering, subcontractor installers were the same. On time (about 4 weeks from order to installation) and no issues.

Great experience, no regrets

It's difficult to appreciate the value of your installer when everything goes to plan. Luckily (?), there was a mix up with the installation date and I found out how good Green Solar are with customer service. Even in the peak period coming up to summer. Every person I talked to, sales, office staff, and installers, were very friendly and informative. The installers were flexible in the location of panels and inverter and we talked through a number of alternatives on the day of installation. The panels were installed and pumping electricity to the network within the day as shown on the web application. They notified my electricity provider of the changes and there was nothing left for me to do.

Straight Forward

No bullshit sales pitch, super easy to deal with, quality products, fixed price no add on's, installed on time and probably one of the best installers out there.

Well done Richie and Gerard.

Would highly recommend and I'm a fussy bastard as well. WELL DONE GREEN SOLAR !!!!!

We were very happy with the Sales Person and everything was explained clearly and well. The price was also the best price for the system that we chose.

The Sales/quoting process was factual and clear.
The installation went smoothly and the installers were punctual, very polite and cleaned up after they finished.
The installers customer service was great. They helped organise the grid connection after the install and explained it all to us clearly.

Excellent service, very thorough communication about products and installation process

Sales and quoting process very thorough, all concerns and questions answered promptly and honestly. Installation within 4 weeks of initial sign up.

All good

Everything was good. So far it’s working well and hopefully long into the future too

Solar Panel install

Educational, Professional and Efficient
Nice team work by all involved.

Good experience 100% happy

Good service
Great installer
Everything done correctly and neatly and to my specifications

Great service quality system and installation

Quick quote and great sales . Very knowledgeable team of experts.. I didn't have to do anything. Green solar organised everything including the meter change