Helcro Solar

Helcro Solar Reviews

Helcro Solar is a Solar Power Installation business based in Moorabbin VIC. Here are their reviews as submitted by visitors to SolarQuotes

Reviewers report paying: $9,670 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Helcro Solar Reviews (12)

Excellent installation shame about the paperwork

The three quotes came in quickly but only one company insisted on a site visit, the other two declined saying it wasn't necessary. Because I was replacing an older 3kW PV only system with a larger system + battery I would only deal with a company that would do a site visit. As it happened Helcro was the most realistic with their assessment pricing was competitive (mid range of the 3) and they communicated with good technical information not a hard sales push. I also chose Helcro also because they used Lithium iron phosphate batteries and for safety and ethical reasons I didn't want cobalt in the battery. Having had solar I had a good idea of the usage pattern and upgraded their suggested battery size by adding an extra module to the BYD battery. Installation process was seamless and everything clicked in after the inspection. However, one month later the system dropped off the app. Turned out it was not a technical hitch with the inverter communicating with the app but a stuff up in the paper work with the energy supplier. Got that sorted and Helcro responded quickly, so now all is forgiven and the system is working brilliantly. Even in the middle of a Melbourne winter there are many days when we don't draw anything from the grid.

Hi Chris, many thanks for your positive review. In regards to the issue with the paperwork, our apologies, this was in fact the result of your electricity distributor (United Energy) moving to a paperless system in the same week that your application was submitted (how coincidental!). Nevertheless, we are glad that everything is on track and working perfectly. Thanks again for opting to purchase your solar system through Helcro Solar!

Good service

Most suppliers had phone people who could hardly speak English.

Hi Neil, thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you found our customer service and sales process a step above that of other solar retailers. We strongly believe in educating our clients and building long-lasting relationships, rather than aggressively selling to the masses. Thanks again for choosing to purchase your solar system through Helcro Solar!

Good experience install

I got a number of quotes and spoke to each company rep about the system - Helcro were above and beyond the best - factual, straightforward and definitely not a pushy sales pitch. They weren’t the cheapest option, but we chose them because we felt most comfortable with them and the quality of the products they recommended. The actual installation went smoothly, the team were lovely and they cleaned up afterwards.

Hi Liz, many thanks for your positive review and remarks. We are delighted to hear that you found our sales process informative (rather than pushy) and the installation of your system smooth and seamless (rather than messy). In saying that, we strongly believe in building long-lasting client relationships, rather than simply selling to the masses. We wish you all the very best with your solar system, and thank you once again for opting to choose Helcro Solar!

Great Customer Service

Helcro have been great to work with throughout the whole process. There was no hard sell, and they helpfully set out options to cover our unusual system requirements clearly. The team also provided additional information to assist me in getting planning permission. The installation itself was done smoothly and the grid connection happened all very promptly. Post installation I have had a small number of queries and the team have been brilliant at both responding and assisting me on each occasion. I would be happy to recommend them.

Hi Nell, thanks for your 5-star review and positive remarks. We are delighted to hear that everything went smoothly and according to plan. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time in the future. Thanks again for choosing Helcro Solar. Wishing you all the best, Luke

Great service and install!

Helcro provided friendly and informative customer service right from the first phone call through to completion of the installation.

The installation was very efficient, the work tidy and the on site crew friendly and easy to approach with my many questions. Everyone involved clearly knew what they were doing.

Overall I’m very happy and excited with my solar system.

Ashley.

Hi Ashley, many thanks for your 5-star review and positive remarks. We are so delighted that everything went so smoothly, from our initial phone call to commissioning your solar system. Thank you once again for choosing to purchase your system through Helcro Solar!

Very responsive, great customer service

- Same day response to our quotation request
- Customised panel and inverter arrangement to suit our requirements
- Quick turnaround from system specification to system installation
- Friendly service

Hi Ryan, many thanks for your positive 5-star review. And a big thank you for having the confidence to refer us to your friends! We are glad you found our solar sales and installation processes seamless and efficient. We wish you all the very best with your new solar system!

All round great experience

Sales process was eficient, polite and informed. No hard sell and factual.

Installers were an absolute pleasure to have on our property. As we installed a rather large system we had a number of people onsite and everyone of them was an absolute pleasure . They were respectful of our property and work commitments and also genuinely seemed to enjoy working together which is always the sign of a good team and company.

Customer service was fantastic and effortless. Good contact by email and phone.

Would recommend this firm to everyone and intend to refer to a number of our friends.

Hi David, many thanks for your 5-star review and positive remarks. We are delighted to hear that you would happily refer us to your friends and family! We are a firm believer in building long-lasting relationships with our customers rather than aggressively selling cheap quality equipment to the masses (as many other solar retailers seem to do!). We wish you all the very best with your solar system and thank you once again for choosing Helcro Solar!

Professional and reliable

Quick response with quote which was slightly cheaper than other similar systems.
NO pressure to buy. No upselling.
Actually had to upsell myself as I wanted something better than what they suggested.
Installation went smoothly and the guys were clearly very experienced.

Hi Mark, thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you found our sales process informative (and not pushy), and the installation process professional (and not messy). Thank you once again for choosing to purchase your solar system from Helcro Solar. We wish you all the very best.

Great service on a very complex installation

Feda and the team at Helcro solar did an awesome job instaling a very complex system.
Their attention to detail and his passion for his work allowed us to have a system that not many others would be able to achieve.
Their communication and follow up has been outstanding and I would highly recommend if your looking for solar.

Hi Trenton, many thanks for your positive 5-star review! It was our absolute pleasure designing and installing your large and complex system. We are glad that everything went smoothly and according to plan. Thank you once again for opting to purchase your solar system through Helcro Solar!

Great service and high quality install

I selected Helcro after getting quotes from here and another site. Whilst my house on paper didnt present too many challenges, Helcro were the only installer that offered to come out to inspect before quoting. This was important to me as i have a newly built house and the position of the inverter as well as any conduit would impact the appearance.
I had a fair idea of the equipment i wanted but they gave some advice here and we went for a slightly larger system.
The system has been up and running for around a month and appears to be generating well. The quality of the install is excellent and they have done a great job of minimising the visual impact. All up I am happy with Helcro as my solar installer.

Hi David, many thanks for your 5-star review and positive remarks. We are glad that you found our sales process thorough and informative. We are firm believers in dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's (something so critical when it comes to installing solar systems!). We wish you all the very best with your new solar system, and thank you once again for choosing Helcro Solar!

Satisfied Customer

Feda & his team did a fantastic job installing our system.

Customer service from Feda has been topnotch. He answers queries straight away either through email or a phone call. He would even call us on a Sunday just to follow up.

Feda is the type of person that cares a lot of their work.

Very highly recommended.

Hi Manil, many thanks for your positive 5-star review. We are firm believers in building long-lasting client relationships and the only way that can occur is through communication (something that a lot of other solar retailers seem to forget!). Thank you once again for opting to purchase your solar system through Helcro Solar! We wish you all the very best.

Highly recommended

Feda and the team did an outstanding job both in the communication and the installation process. You can see that they care about their work and follow up customer service.

Highly recommended to my friends and family.

Vincent

Hi Vincent, a big thank you for your 5-star review and positive remarks. We are delighted to hear that you would recommend us to your friends and family! We wish you all the very best, and thank you once again for choosing Helcro Solar!