Perth Solar Warehouse

Perth Solar Warehouse Reviews

The researched buyers choice for solar and battery technology.

Perth Solar Warehouse and PSW Energy are a part of the McKercher Corporation Pty Ltd group of businesses established in 2004 as McKercher ECS. PSW Energy is the evolution of Perth Solar Warehouse to deliver renowned products and services to a broadening market beyond Perth, Western Australia.

Reviewers report paying: $3,000 - $8,290 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Perth Solar Warehouse Reviews (171)

Great installation took the time to explain the process once finished ,very polite workers

Sales was good , rang many times regarding product and was allways helpful

Efficient Company, Quality Installation Team

The company is efficient and communicates effectively. All required paperwork was issued in a timely fashion. The pre-installation site visit sorted a couple of issues which expedited the installation process. The installation team was polite and explained the process thoroughly.

Great customer service

The PSW team were awesome, great customer service from start to finish. The guys who installed my system were efficient, tidy and really informative. Highly recommend PSW

Would definitely recommend

I had a friend recommend PSW, and I have now recommended them to my in-laws. Everything went smoothly and the install job was top notch. The guys explained the system to me afterwards very clearly too.

Thoroughly professional company.

The entire experience from design to installation was smooth and we were kept well informed of the process. Russel was excellent in finding out what our needs were and providing a very detailed analysis and design. We were regularly updated with the installation preparation needed behind the scenes up until the day of the actual install. Blake and his team of installers were very punctual, polite and efficiently carried out the installation on the scheduled day. He ran through the installation details with us and his execution/cable management was very tidy. We are every pleased with the outcome to say the least.

PSW is definitely a thoroughly experienced and professional company. We highly recommend them.

Great service, great product

I chose Perth Solar Warehouse based on how long they had been around and being a local company with good reviews and they lived up to expectations. They were friendly, tidy and did a great install. Very happy with there service and they organised everything for me. I would definitely use them again if I was to get another system and definitely recommend this company.

Seamless procedure beginning to end

From initial quotes for solar system no pressure sales to the admin tech in the middle the faultless install to final warranty’s monitoring app
It’s been a seamless procedure and very professional to deal with

Extremely satisfied.

Psw did a terrific job from start to finish. Very professional and courteous. Highly recommended.
Thanks guys.

Kim Forrestfield.

Awesome right from the beginning till the end

The whole PSW team was great and very professional right from the beginning where the sales rep addressed ALL my queries with impressive promptness to the polite and friendly execution team who did a decent job on the day to the friendly after sales support rep who was prompt in helping me in setting up the monitoring app and providing all the warranties and stuff. A very good all in all support from the PSW team.

I may have spent a little more than some other offers that I had, but I am super glad that I did so.

Thank you Russell Barnett, Joel, Eizer, Penny-Lee and Sarah Jones for the professionalism and the lovely experience !!!

Expert Installation.

The sales team provided us with information to make a good decision, the installation went smoothly, in good time and
we had great customer service.

This installer is easy to deal with, cost effective and upfront about site challenges

Sales & Quoting was by far one of the easiest processes I've been through.

Their website is super useful, it has PRICES! and reviews and all the bits and pieces you want when you are evaluating systems. No need to wait for sales guys to give you a call you can see online how much its going to cost (roughly) and what the different panel and inverter options are.

I prefer to do most of my dealings via email, and Russel was very responsive and provided all the info we needed to agree upon a final quote and system layout. He was up front about the challenges of the site (shading) and what potential solutions we could look at to get a positive result.

Their team took care of all of the installation process, dealing with grid connection and all the admin sides of getting a solar system up and running.

The installation itself was booked in and when the day came the team arrived at the stated time, got the job done in a neat manner and provided any information we needed.

All in all, If we did it again, we would absolutely use PSW again.

Clean, tidy and efficient

we had our new system installed 2 weeks ago. the lads completing the job were very well mannered, efficient, informative and had a good clean work area. upon completion all rubbish was removed. and information was passed on. Customer service has been great. would recommend to anyone who is a little unsure about who to choose for solar installation.

Awesome job

Made the process of upgrading my solar pv system easy and hassle free. Very good communication. Kept to there time frames. Brilliant to deal with.

Solar in the Shade

As above excellent service in quoting and sorting out the right system and pricing for value for my house due to shading issues.

The installers surprised me by being soooo prompt and as above polite, helpful, tidy and very easy to talk to.

My only point is that as an older customer I like the “older style” service in that I would like the person to person service as emails get volumous - it’s a reassurance thing.
I have the app on my phone without issues so that’s a positive but will need to google or pop in for assistance in interpreting the data - which I know is certainly acceptable.

I am very happy

Great work

No pressure sales
Instillation team were informative, friendly and punctual
Everything sorted!

Great Installer & great system

The sales/Quoting process by Jesse Brown was awesome. We originally got a quote from him in 2020, when we were ready to look further into different systems etc - we contacted Jesse back to investigate further into what we wanted in a solar system. He explained the products in depth and went through the inverters with us as we had a Frontus inverter with our old panels - but weren't happy with it but didn't want a basic inverter.

Our Installer Blake Tellington and his apprentice were very polite, very efficient and punctual. When Blake realised all the panels would not fit on the roof space as previously thought, he suggested putting 1 full string of panels on the west side of our house which would then maximise the sun all day.

The customer service from Molly Hasan, Penny-Lee and Lisa James have all been excellent and a credit to the company. Their politeness and promptness on information requested and following up on queries and organising the grid connection has been outstanding.

I will definitely be suggesting to our friends to go to PSW for a quote if looking at solar panels.

Thank you for everyone's help.

Christine & Phil
Bunbury

Perth solar warehouse review

I found perth solar warehouse a pleasure to deal with.
They have their own in house installers so dont use subbies.
They were polite punctual and tidy.
There wer no hiden costs on top of what was quoted and best of all they dont bombard with constant messages before committing to the system.
The grid connection was organised and everything to me thoroughly.
Id have no hesitation in recommending them .

Great Service

The guys did a fantastic job from start to end.
Quoting and pre sales was great and fully explained and start date guaranteed. The guys there did all the organizing with the electricity providers and the process was very seamless.
Their own installers, this was import to us, arrived on time, they were polite and very helpful. After they finished the install they went through the inverter procedures and explained everything very well. All the documentation was provides and anything that needed to be clarified was in the manuals or a easy phone call to the office.
All in all an very good and easy install and we are happy with the product.
I would recommend them to anyone who wants to install a solar power system

Great Customer service from PSW

Easy quotation and no hidden costs. PSW were easy and patient with all my questions. The team rocked up on the appointed installation date. The installation was finished on the same day and team left the work area tidy. A few follow up issues with panels alignment and grid voltage curtailment were addressed swiftly. I have recommended PSW to others.

Excellent, well organised, great price

Simple to understand, easy to access online quoting and friendly prompt service. Competitively priced and everything went exactly as planned and promised. Would highly recommend getting a quote.

Original Review on 10-09-2020:

sales/quoting process: (Jesse) who quoted was not pushy and very patient with my many questions / emails

Pre-installation process all arranged and done by PSW

The Installation team were flexible

The waiting list was too long! more than 6 weeks.

Not much flexibility in negotiation / changing of the contract details. eg cables thickness; what happens if a panel is damaged during he installation and etc

7 months later we asked Isaac: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Easy peasy

The team made the process to get solar panels so easy! Everyone we have spoken to throughout the process has been very lovely and our solar panels look amazing!

Fantastic result!

Selecting the right solar solution is challenging - so many options and so many questions to be answered. I did a lot of research and read everything solar quotes had to offer!

Initially I was looking for a premium system and looked at REC, Sunpower & Qcells. At one point I made my mind up to go with QCells (Qpeak) & Fronius but didn't based on the look of the Qcells and the noise and old tech of the Fronius. Although I was very reluctant to choose Chinese products I eventually settled on Suntech (350w HiPro black) & Huawei (sun2000). The Suntech was selected as they are an all black panel (frame and back sheet) which looks good on our black tile roof which was important to me as the panels were visible from the street. There are other all black panels available but not at the price point while still maintaining solid performance at 350w. The inverter was selected on the basis of it being up to date technology with a good reputation for reliability (so far) at a good price. The choice of a cheaper system may come back to bite us in terms of longevity and reliability but only time will tell!

The service from PSW was great and the only hiccup was a slight delay with the panels. The installation went smoothly on the day with the installers arriving on time, were polite and friendly and left no mess. We have found a few tile fragments and bits of cabling at the bottom of the gutters but I guess that is to be expected.....

The end result in terms of savings has been nothing short of spectacular, we have gone (ignoring government economic stimulus credits that came through late last year) from a bill of circa $550 (every 2 months) to around $50 which is basically the supply charge ($59.18) in WA.

So we couldn't be happier with the performance of the system!

Hassle free process

Right from the start we had excellent response times and advice from the team at PSW. The system has been in place for 6 months, looks great on the roof and has been glitch free. The installation team were punctual, friendly, happy to answer questions and left our place neat and tidy. Have recommended them to several people already.

Finally found someone I could trust

Quote was clear and got a great deal on new Jinko panels and Huawei inverter. I liked this company as they were very clear on their brand stock and research which was inline with my own research. Installation was on time and efficient. Panel positioning was discussed on the day and adjusted for best fit. Office staff very polite and all connections done for us with power supplier. Power bills down by 2/3rds. Great performance.

Best Company Ever!

I reached out to PSW even though solar quotes hasn’t provided a quote with them.

So glad I did. PSW is honestly the most competitive and professional company I have ever dealt with.

I was able to see their full range online, with prices to mix and match panels and inverters.

As we were local I simply rang up to see if I could pop into their warehouse and check out their panels.

They were able to provide really high quality and brand new 6.6kw Jinko Tiger panel array with a Huawei inverter + monitoring for $4.8k.

Whilst the lead time was long, it was definitely worth the wait.

The installation was excellent!! The guys came out on the pre planned day. The weather turned to be the worst March in Perth! They did as much as they could undercover.

The next day they quadrupled the team to come out in the afternoon to smash out the install.

The installation was very neat and tidy, and the guys were great with our little pup.

Everything was so smooth, from start to finish. With a great online document and project management website.

These guys are definitely the best in the business!

Best value and service for money

We found the Staff very easy to talk to.
All stages went very smooth .
We had only on day every two weeks to install as we are a family daycare, they were very helpful to work to support us
Installation went well workers very informant and clean.
Very happy

6.6kw system

Very happy with our solar system supplied and installed by Perth Solar Warehouse. The sales process was super easy and non-pushy. Installation was painless. Their output projections were actually lower than what the system has actually achieved for the first 3 months! The wi-fi monitoring via the Goodwe app is also great.

Trouble free experience

From my initial enquiry through to install and commissioning, PSW have been prompt, efficient, friendly and above all value for money. Every step was quickly handled by the PSW project team and their installers were quick, tidy and courteous. Very happy with the installation.

Outstanding products and service. A thoroughly professional experience from start to finish.

Whilst this is a review of PWS as a company, ones view is solely dependent on the interaction with the individual personnel with whom we interact. Hence most of my comments relate to the individuals within your organisation and I might add that one of the main reasons I chose PWS was because all the people I would be dealing with belonged to the company. ie no contract labour.

Jesse Brown proved to be an excellent first contact. Very knowledgeable about the products available, how each choice would best fit our specific needs and how our goals could best be attained with a layout of panels accommodated by available space. This was all achieved in our first interaction and the quote suited our budget restraints. He was professional, patient and obviously very experienced.
Penny-Lee surpassed out expectations. She took all my concerns regarding timing of installation, changeover to the new Synergy Plans, availability of equipment, maximising our return on our old system and a host of things I had not even considered and smoothed a path forward to our final installation last week. I cannot thank her enough for her patience, her dedication to task, her availability at all sorts of crazy times as things changed over the last few months. Her guidance, support and assistance from the first moment we met have been invaluable.
The installation team led by Alec Squire ably supported by Dawson and Dylan were brilliant. Alex is a very thorough and patient professional. He is painstaking with critical detail and showed strong yet astute leadership ability in the field. The symmetry of the panels, the inverter the switches and associated wiring is first class
Thank you PWS for an excellent system that is already producing to its optimal potential. A 5kw inverter with 6.6kw of panels has been producing over 40kw every day since it has been installed.
We have already referred a number of family and friends to your organisation.
Kind regards, Alan Cummings

Original Review on 19-06-2020:

Perth Solar Warehouse Experience - Iluka WA

I decided on a quality system and after much review, narrowed down my selections.
I posted my selections to each provider, to be fair to each company, that had provided first round quotes.
I ended up selecting the best price after considering the merits of each company.

Perth Solar Warehouse came up with the best deal and ended up being a very professional company to deal with.
From start to finish the experience was and still is faultless and well above expectations.
I am a retired contractor and fully understand the importance of customer service and these guys are certainly on their game and are highly recommended.
PSW need also to be congratulated on their after sales service, which is first class and available 7 days a week.

We selected a Fronius SYMO 3 Phase 5kw Inverter ( Made in Austria ) 5 + 5 year warranty
Fronius 63A-3 Smart Meter ( That provides really good and informative data )
QCells G5 Duo+ Panels x 20 ( Made in South Korea ) 25yr Performance Guarantee and 25yr Product Warranty

The manufacturing zone is important to me and I am happy to have paid a premium for this situation.

Today is 29 days since installation and we have just past the 631kwh production point.
Our usage to date is 37%, which I am happy with so far.
The Smart Meter allows the data to be analyzed easy and teaches you when, where and how to use your energy.

Cheers also to Solar Quotes for the very informative solar power experience.

8 months later we asked Rod: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I still don't believe a battery is an economical add on, until such times as they come down in price and up in performance.
I have lifted these figures from my system - all displayed very nicely on my laptop - thankyou Fronius smart meter
Installation Date 20th May 2020 ( After Approximately 38 weeks in use )

8,840 kWh Overall Production ( Average 34 kWh per day over all seasons )
3,941 kWh Overall Household Consumption
1,830 kWh Consumed Directly and Considered Cost Free
2,111 kWh Energy Purchased from Grid at $0.26 per kWh
46% Self Sufficiency

7,010 kWh Energy Exported to Grid ( At Miserable WA Tarif $0.07 )

$618.71 Earnings to Date

Exceptional Service

We used PSW after a recommendation from our Brother-in-law and I'm glad we did PWS advised us on the best system to suit our requirements and as we were building a new home they were very flexible with the installation dates and kept us informed throughout the process their installers were very professional and they did a great job of cleaning up after themselves. And because the NBN was not connected Richard told me to call them when it was and he would come round and set the app up. I also thought that the way he explained everything was great, when we had solar installed in our last house the company concerned just put it in and then left without any instruction and we had to figure it out for ourselves. This time we had a much better experience and we would not hesitate to recommend the team at PWS to friends, family, and anyone who asked us about solar.

Hassle free, reliable and straight talking

PSW were always quick to reply to any of my emails and answer my questions as accurately as possible. They were not pushy like I experienced with other retailers. When it came to installation, it all went smoothly and has worked perfectly ever since. I am very happy with my solar power system and I have already recommended them to some of my friends.

Professional Service and Great Value for Money

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to install your Solar Panels. From the very first phone call I made they were nothing but honest and professional. They gave a very professional quote that explained everything upfront. They didn't hassle you to make a decision and keep saying that you had to hurry and make a decision before the government rebate ran out. Unlike another huge company who phoned me 7 times in a week and also emailed me sometimes up to twice a day and tried to pressure me when I told them I would contact them within 10 days with my decision.
The price was very competitive and the install date was very quick.
They kept me up to date with everything that was going to happen and when it would happen.
The installers were on time, friendly and professional in everything they did from the installation, to clean up and the explaining everything once they were finished.

Great service and team

Found the PSW team to be very friendly and efficient. Installation was very professional with them wanting to make sure that panels were installed to our satisfaction and they bent over backwards to do this on the day. Didnt have the smart meter for the inverter on the day of installation but they were able to get this within a couple of days later and came back to install.

Another happy customer

We had a great experience throughout the whole process, from quoting all the way to the finished product.
Everyone who we talked to and met were polite, prompt and informative.
PSW did everything required to make it all as easy as possible for us.
The system works as I expected since installation 4 months ago and we are now enjoying earning credit(no power bills) off our system each bill cycle.

Thanks PSW!

Clean install, great service and competitive price.

Installed in December 2020 and after the installation and 2 months of use, can say we definitely made the right choice with PSW. The entire process from queries and quotes to install and filings with the power companies was smooth and the service friendly. Installers did an outstanding job and were very professional. Left the premises clean and even replaced a couple of cracked tiles on the roof from where AC installers had damaged it. For price of the total package, was very competitive with other providers. Add in the other bonuses like in-house installers and efficiency of doing it all paperless and electronically, would highly recommend PSW.

Brilliant company service and product

All steps very easy no tricks! Fantastic company and tradesman to deal with.

Faultless install and product

Cannot fault one part of the process or products. Highly recommend PSW.

Simple and reliable installation.

Everyone I spoke to leading up to install date were helpful and not pushy about anything. People that came to install the system were professional and went through what was being done as it was installed.
No complaints what so ever.

Clean install, friendly staff

All of the staff have been very helpful throughout the decision making and install process, keeping in touch, and even contacting me after to confirm I was happy with the installation job which had been done, and assisting with after installation queries as well. The installers were on time and did a great job of keeping me informed during the installation process.

Highly recommended

I can't believe it. My last bill was 11$! and we turned the aircon on every single day!

Besides the saving, I found PSW very professional from the get go. Very clear and efficient quote. Very reasonably priced. Communications is very prompt and friendly. Installation was prompt. The installers were friendly and efficient. The customer service took care of all the process to organize the grid connection after the install.

I also like the app to monitor our system's performance

I found PSW well reviewed and hence I decided to contact them. All the past reviews are truly justified after I experienced it myself

Thanks heaps PSW
Hendra

Fantastic company to deal with!

Great company to deal with. I've recommended to family and friends and they've had great results too.
Sales process was smooth and not aggressive. PSW sales not so prompt with emails and better with phone.
PSW has a great range of product and at competitive prices.
Installation was excellent, punctual, tidy, and professionally done. They did minor damage to my ceiling but expertly repaired it.
Customer service was very good - prompt replies to emails and very well organised with customer portal.

Perth Solar Wharehouse

Pre install the communication was brilliant and they were able to answer all my questions.

The install went extremely smoothly and the installers were both very polite.

Great service and product, neat installation!

Great customer service and contract process to have our product supplied and installed. Technical and commercial consultants were easy to talk to and answered all questions we had.

Installation process was very professional and completed in a timely manner. Plenty of support and follow up to ensure system was working correctly.

System is performing great, has drastically reduced our needs and costs from the grid systems. Key benefit is the full backup power supply from the battery, even when the grid is down. No more blackouts for us!

Fantastic Service

Excellent customer service from start to finish. Installation was very neat and tidy. The tradesmen that installed were Very informative and helpful plus polite. I'm very happy with the whole process with Perth Solar Warehouse. Highly recommend this company.

Very professional

The entire process was simple and the installation was done neatly and efficiently.

Great service and quality options

The friendly staff were most helpful will all my questions at the time of quoting. Upon installation we were given detailed description of the process, they were very tidy and replaced all broken tiles. We are very pleased with PSW and would highly recommend them.

Customer service is second to none!

The process was smooth from beginning to end, constant contact was kept with us and at no point were we unsure what was happening. All questions were answered in a very quick & professional manner.
I can’t remember the last time I had this level of customer service from any business.
Would highly recommend.

Fantastic business, not pushy, very professional

PSW has been amazing to deal with. No pushy sales people, they sent through a number of quotes based on my needs and were happy to answer all my questions via email. The process from purchase through to installation was very smooth with no problems at all. The installation team turned up on time and were very polite when speaking to me. Customer service was great in helping me find the correct app to connect to our inverter once our system had been installed. I highly recommend PSW.