• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Beyond Solar Reviews

About Beyond Solar , Solar Installers

Beyond Solar is a division of Beyond Electrical Australia, founded in 2010. We specialise in designing precise solar solutions for homes, farms and businesses. Our vision is to assist Australians in becoming less reliant on the grid, and spending your money on more important things than bills from your retailer. We are confident that our experts are the most knowledgeable in the industry; educating our clients and helping them make an informed decision. We are a company built by installers, who have been working in the industry for a combined total of well over 30 years.

Beyond Solar Solar Reviews

I found the customer service of the sales and technical team outstanding. They were prompt, informed and polite. Their prices were good for the system we purchased and it was all installed and operational within 2 weeks of my initial phone call. The installers were also prompt and efficient and the whole 6.5kw system took less tan a day to be up and running. I was more than impressed with the whole experience, would highly recommend. They are a Sydney based company and we live 3 hrs north of Sydney and they were more than happy to fill orders as far north as 4hrs from their office. Great service! Show additional information
Great people to deal with , always returned calls promptly , great team of installers , there when they said they would , clean and tidy , no mess left and the installed system looks really good too .Can't speak more highly of the whole Beyond Solar experience , highly recommend. Steve. Show additional information
Ours was a 3 phase install so a little different to most.
Guys did a good, neat job in the install and treated our place with respect. Well done guys!
I would recommend Beyond Solar.
We are in Western Australia.
Beyond Solar were great from start to finish. They weren't the cheapest quote but they provided quality gear at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Sales staff were very helpful. They listened to what I wanted, they gave me options & they were open & transparent all the way through. I found other companies that just wanted to sell the cheapest they could & would not listen to concerns. I had hold-ups that were nothing to do with this company & it wasn't a problem. They worked with me to get the best outcome that suited our time-frame. When it came time to install, Huss & the boys were fantastic. Quick, clean, extremely courteous and very good at what they do. Their teamwork was exceptional & the whole thing happened inside a day. I received a thorough run-through of everything before they left & when I rang later to check on something I hadn't understood, Huss was great & took the time to ensure I understood it all clearly. The system has been in place since late June & I was generating well over 20Kw per day in the middle of winter. We have topped 30Kw on numerous occasions through July & August so I can't wait to see what happens when summer comes! The phone App is simple to use & has all the info we need. I rarely rate & review companies online but I am happy to recommend Beyond Solar to anyone. Show additional information
Hi,
I was happy with the installation that was completed within a reasonable period and on the due date. I was also very satisfied with the quality of the panels and inverter (Jinko JKM310M-60 and Huawei SUN2000L-5KTL) and the install quality (no cables from top to switches, covered isolation switches on the roof, panels placed neatly on roof) however Beyond Solar let themselves down by charging me an extra $ 76 to pay by credit card which I was not informed after saying I will pay my credit card and not telling me that I had to organise the new net meter from AGL. I had no problem doing this but the installer did not mention it and delayed the meter install by 2 weeks.

Thank you for the advise on your web site and the videos, the info was very helpful and I have even purchased your solar handbook guide from Amazon.

Cheers
I was impressed that the installer made an effort to hide the inverter and panel cables in the brick and cladding cavities. The overall installation looks professional. The installers turned up on the day and time scheduled. Answered any questions I had. The new meter and full switch on by Origin was 4 weeks later at no cost. System is functioning very well. Show additional information
I’d have no hesitation in recommending Beyond Solar. Sam was very helpful in choosing the right system and rejigging to get it to match what I was after. The installation team was friendly and efficient and careful to ensure that the system had minimal visual impact on my house. Show additional information
One was very efficient & professional but pricy. The other 2 solar businesses only provided price verbally & their price was high too. After your staff confirmed that you can only give me 3 contacts. I turned to Beyond Solar for help. Out of my expectation, Beyond Solar has designed a better system on my first contact with them at a very reasonable price & best of all is the installation has taken place in 2 weeks. I can't be more happy about it. Show additional information
Through SolarQuotes I received only a response from Beyond Solar from Ingleburn NSW. I previously got quotes from Origin and AGL privately, which I decided not to proceed with them.
Beyond Solar had a design that made better use of the available north facing roof space with more panels, and had quality panels and European inverter. I accepted the quote, paid a deposit and they arranged installation soon after. The installers turned up on time, discussed the job and completed it on the day. I liked the way they ran the cables inside the cavity walls so there was no ugly conduit. They cleaned up at the end, didn't break a single roof tile and explained the operation of the system components. I received a follow up phone call the next day from Beyond Solar checking that the install was complete and that I was satisfied. Overall, verbal and email communication has been good. I'm now waiting for my energy provider to install the new meter so I can switch on the system to see how it performs.
Install was delayed a couple of times due to weather, but completed as soon as possible afterwards . Followup and post-install was good. Would recommend. Show additional information
No we are waiting to be connected to supplier due on the 27th june
Pat
Overall experience has been good so far, waiting for the meter to be changed. Only issue was the install got put off a couple of times due to weather and I had to chase them up to find out what was going on. Show additional information
Not had the panel installed yet due 12/6/18 Show additional information
My system was installed very promptly, much faster than I anticipated. The install crew travelled to regional NSW for my install and they told me they do this regularly.
The team arrived on time and after explaining the procedure and going through a few things that needed to be discussed, they went to work.
They finished the install in a timely manner and were always polite, considerate, accommodating and pleasant.
I was surprised by the backup that I will receive from Beyond after my system is installed. If I ever have any questions or need assistance regarding the system or its operation, all I have to do is phone them. This surprised me as I thought that I would be finished with Beyond once they drove away after the installation was done.
After the first full days operation of my system, I am very happy how it has performed.
I highly recommend Beyond Solar of Ingleburn, Sydney to quote for and install a system for anyone who is looking for a high quality, competitively priced PV system for their home or business.
Installation scheduled for 26-27 April.
Will reserve judgment on quality of install, etc. until after completed.
Sales staff were expremely helpful and answered many questions in a timely manner, installation process was quick and easy which also included a battery installation. Show additional information
Installers were clearly substandard and delivered a non tradesman like installation. Turned up late, without requisite mounting hardware which was subsequently supplied by owner of residence. Conduit carrying DC cables left laying across airconditioning ducts, crushing them and reducing the effective airflow by typically 40%. Roof tiles broken and left insitu, plastered with Silicon Sealer and gaps, inviting the ingress of water in times of heavy rain. DC isolate switch poorly mounted, flapping around and not level. Gutters scratched with paint removed as result of dragging solar panels onto the roof. Solar Panel mounting rails left protruding with unsightly lengths, requiring trimming to present as an acceptable install. Installation required a further four visits after the original installation before I as the owner was happy with the installation. The owner of Beyond Solar, was one of the crews that made subsequent visit, with all agreeing that my requests were not unreasonable and that the installation fell short of their normal standards.

ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK RECEIVED ON 17/4/18:
In providing some balance to the comments previously supplied, I would like to acknowledge the focus of the front of house staff during and post the installation. Steve came out from the office after hours to assist in the sorting of monitoring issues that I was having. Subsequently Sam was most concerned and also visited, providing guidance and clarity in how the listed issues would be resolved and in a
guaranteed very timely manner. Subsequently Hussein attended and ensured
that the install was a quality finish which I was very happy with.
Definitely more than happy that the 'customer focus' which never waned nor was I put off or treated in any manner but with courtesy and respect. At the end of the day Beyond Solar have delivered, and have another happy customer.

Thank you for your feedback.

I do apologise for your experience with your installation- we pride ourselves on delivering high quality installations every time- unfortunately we didn't deliver initially in your case and I can assure you this won't happen again.

Thank you for your patience in allowing us to rectify the issues, you have been very patient and forgiving during this time and I trust that we have addressed and fixed all your concerns.

I know you had a negative experience initially but I hope we have been able to win you over again.

Customer satisfaction is important to us and we have addressed this with the installer involved to ensure our high standards are always met.
Yes I can’t comment on the quality of the system as the electricity meter upgrade is a nightmare. Solar installed a few weeks ago and still no connection. But worst than that my retail supplier keeps giving me one piece of advice and the solar installer another piece of advice. Now six phone calls and five emails later we are still not connected and using our solar system. Very disappointing with what appeared to be an excellent start.

Hi Mark,

From 1st December 2017 the rules around metering changed and the solar installer no longer does the metering, it is the your energy provider who is responsible for the metering. We have contacted your provider on your behalf, however due to privacy reasons they have not allowed us to submit paperwork or organise the metering on your behalf.

Ausgrids website confirms its the energy retailer who needs to do the meter upgrade:
"After 1 December your electricity retailer, will be responsible for organising any new or replacement meter."

Feel free to contact us for further information or assistance around this.

Steve

I would like to thank you for the info you collated in your website. Without it I would spend more time and money to get the system installed. Very appreciated. Show additional information
Took a little longer to be installed but that was apparently because they had run out of the 300 panels and so finished giving us an extra 290 (19) panels instead of 18 .
Installation was carried out in 3 to 4 hours and all rubbish removed at the end . The workers were very pleasant to deal with.
System now up and working and had our first power bill of $23.01 wacko last year same time was around $260.00 . all up very happy and would recommend Beyond Solar
Since I have only installed solar panels once, I don't have a basis for comparison with other suppliers.
I do have experience with their after sales service. Fronius App took several calls to Beyond Solar to get info on setting it up. Then NBN changed service from ADSL and wifi changed. Fronius sent link to Utube instructions on changing wifi settings but link to website timed out- about a dozen attempts. Beyond Solar hasn't returned my calls yet (10 days), no reply yet to email.

Hi John

I apologise that your call went unanswered. I have tried to locate your original call and can't find any record of it. I can confirm that within 30 mins of receiving an email from you to our support line we contacted you and sorted out the issue you were having.

If you have any other support enquiries please email us at [email protected]

Steve
With an initial good start, a reasonable system well scoped and priced, I paid a deposit for a 5kW system in November, on the undertaking that the system install would occur before the end of 2017. Notwishtanding this commitment the installation was subsequently scheduled for 24 January. However on the day the installer did not show due to an illness in the crew. I have subsequently contacted Beyond Solar several times in the ensuing 3 weeks, by email and phone, with no response. I recommend prospective buyers hold off confirming orders until it is clear that the company is on top of its order book.

Apologies for the delay in your installation. Unfortunately we did have illness strike the crew and they were unable to proceed with the installation. I can confirm we have now locked in an installation for the next week.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience and if there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.

Steve
I ordered my system in early October, panels and inverter installed in late December, net meter changed in early January and smart meter installed in late January. So, overall from order to completion it took approx 3.5 months, which is much longer from what I expected. While some of this delay was caused by supplier (there was a shortage of Fronius inverters) and some of it by holidays, I believe that it could be twice faster if they had better communication. What I found is that once you placed an order, they never contact you - you need to chase every update - if you don't, nothing will be happening.

Physical installation is brilliant, I can't be happier - installers have done an excellent job. However I believe that design of the strings is not optimal and doesn't take into account limitations on one of the inverter input, causing system to produce 10% less power during peak times (pretty much making 3 panels useless during peak). If they read inverter datasheet, this could be avoided. Again, after initial discussion about the issue, they do not respond.

As a summary:
Sales/presales - excellent, a lot of value, immediate response
Post-sales communication / job scheduling - poor
Installation - excellent
System design - could be better
I paid my deposit on the 7th of December to them to go ahead and it wasn't until the 7th of January that I contacted them to ask what was going on as I hadn't heard anything from them, they told me they were trying to arrange for installation. I didn't hear back from them for another 2 weeks when I called them and ask them and they had a tentative date for installation and they just said that they were still trying to get a tentative date.

Ben,

Thanks for your feedback. I can confirm we have now booked in a date for your installation. I'll be monitoring this to ensure your install goes as smooth as possible. In the meantime I've emailed you my contact details, so please feel free to contact me if there's anything else I can do for you.

Steve
They dont follow any of your recommendation placed order 7 weeks ago and not even a phone call to let me know were my order is at not very happy in my opinion you need to relook if you should be recommending this company i am more than happy to chat about over the phone if you wish.

Andrew,

Apologies that your experience with Beyond Solar hasn't met your expectations.

I can confirm we have now booked you in for an installation date and I will monitor this to ensure we wow you with our service going forward.

We are working to improve our processes to ensure all customers are satisfied.

I have provided you with my contact details, so please feel free to contact me if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Beyond Solar
General Manager- Sales & Operations
The pre-sales and post installation technical support have been prompt and excellent.

All staff that I have dealt with were polite,very knowledgeable about the panels and inverters and provided answers and technical specification of each product that I have asked for. The technical support in installing the Fronius smart meter and setting up the Solarview app have been outstanding.

I would not hesitate in recommending this company to potential buyers a solar PV system.
I cannot comment on the quality of the system yet as it was only installed today 17/01/2018. The three technicians who installed the system were very pleasant and informative about the system. They were very efficient in their work and had the system installed in about 4 hours. I have found all at Beyond Solar, from the sales person to the installers very informative and easy to deal with. Show additional information
6 months elapsed between the time when my application was submitted to when the approvals were given. After the approval the installation date was set within 2 weeks. I think they could have managed my expectations during this period better as I was starting to wonder if it was a scam and they'd taken my deposit money. I realise Beyond Solar cant control how long it takes the electricity provider to approve the application, but they could organise with this provider to give better information re where my application was up to.

The installation team were fantastic. They worked hard all day until the job was done and were very informative about the system.

My system includes a 6.5 kw battery for the spend given above.
Unit is not installed as yet Show additional information
After a bit of a slow start (it took just under 3 months from paying the deposit to getting the job done, and one appointment cancellation), the installation crew of Hajj, Adam and Mo were just outstanding. They were knowledgeable and friendly, and did more than just all the things they are meant to do. Should there be any problems with any of the items, as Hajj mentioned a couple of times, we can just report back to Beyond rather than go to the manufacturers. Great service all around! Show additional information