Beyond Solar Reviews

About Beyond Solar, Solar Installers

Beyond Solar
Platinum Partner
Beyond Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 67 604 966 403  ABN active since 25 Mar 2015 | Beyond Solar Pty Ltd
ACN: 604 966 403  ACN active since 25 Mar 2015 | Beyond Solar Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 20181203 Beyond Solar Pty Ltd

NSW: 282508C Beyond Solar Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 28681 Beyond Solar Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,700 - $7,209 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Beyond Solar is a division of Beyond Electrical Australia, founded in 2010. We specialise in designing precise solar solutions for homes, farms and businesses. Our vision is to assist Australians in becoming less reliant on the grid, and spending your money on more important things than bills from your retailer. We are confident that our experts are the most knowledgeable in the industry; educating our clients and helping them make an informed decision. We are a company built by installers, who have been working in the industry for a combined total of well over 30 years.

Beyond Solar Solar Reviews

class A install

Sales and quote was quick and easy over the phone, I was even able to visit their centre and have face to face discussion with Steve. installation Boys were Polite Tidy Punctual
First class in house team.

Helped us to work out what we needed

Beyond Solar have us a good option of value for money whilst still allowing us to get the best product we could within our budget. We had one issue with the first installer who didn’t want to do the job but they quickly found another, and the guys who came to do the install were great. Show additional information

If you are after high-quality install and gear with a budget, Beyond Solar is the one to go for!

My Beyond Solar-installed system (12kW Trina Honey 315W panels and 10kW Fronius Symo) has been up and running for close to 3 weeks now with no dramas and generating an average of 50-60kWh for the past week (mostly cloudy) and managed to peaked at 73kWh on one of the more sunny and clear days. This review is long due - I wanted to ensure I had the opportunity to first monitor how the system is performing, in addition to evaluate the quality of install and after-sales support experience before writing this up. I have to say Beyond Solar does not disappoint at all and my experience resonates with a lot of other positive feedbacks from other customers.

I have been researching solar for awhile before taking the plunge and sent out requests for quotes from 3 of NSW top-rated installers. Key criteria for me are: they need to be CEC-certified, been in business for at least 5yrs, use in-house installers and has genuine reviews from customers - and Beyond Solar ticked all the right boxes.

I have already made up my mind on what I wanted when I reached out for a quote: size and type of system (10-13kW, string inverter without battery), consumption monitoring (Solar Analytics or Fronius Smart Meter), choice of panels (Trina), brand of inverter (SMA or Fronius).

Saad of Beyond Solar was first to call back (within an hour of me sending the email!) and immediately responded by verifying and confirming my requirements, in addition to providing his expert opinions on choice on quality and warranty of panels, inverter and monitoring, in addition to drawing out the layout and orientation of panels. We also discussed about potential shading (both seasonal and structural) where we both agreed that Tigo optimisers to be added to a number of panels susceptible to shading. A formal quote and system performance analysis was sent via email quickly thereafter. Their quote was the most competitive among all installers and deposit was paid with install scheduled within 3 weeks. Beyond Solar also made a request to my electricity distributor (Endeavour Energy) on my behalf for a “permission to connect” which was granted prior to the install.

Install took 2 days to complete given number of panels (38 in total) involved and a double-storey house but I am pleased with the overall outcome - they obviously have not rushed the job or skimped on quality. Job was completed by a team of 3 - led by Hus and supported by Adam, who explained and agreed on panel placements and orientation again prior to install, in addition to clarifying where conduits will go and the placement of inverter. Some slight changes were made on placement of panels vs what been discussed over the phone / email once the roof been measured up but that does not impact the size of the system / number of panels at all. Quality of workmanship is excellent from what I can tell and within CEC guidelines - racks, mounting and brackets are where they supposed to be, roof tiles were grinded, panels are aligned and evenly-spaced, all cabling in conduits and hidden where possible (including inter-array and to inverter), isolators are present for each MPPT and covered etc.

A “welcome pack” was emailed over within a week of install which contains the photos of install, relevant compliance certificates, grid connection documents (which Beyond Solar has completed for submission to my electricity provider). As mine is a newly-built home, it already came with a smart digital meter and all I had to do was to ring up my electricity provider (AGL) for the meter to be reconfigured at their end, which was completed within 4 days.

The Fronius inverter monitoring and Solar Analytics were not setup post the install as I wasn’t at home but Sam came over after a few days to get them both up and running although it was later discovered that the Solar Analytics device is defective and requires a replacement from the manufacturer, in addition to weak signal (which restricts monitoring data being transmitted to the Solar Analytics server) due to signal blockage caused by the switch box’s metal cover. The Beyond Solar team was able to get it rectified later by installing an external antenna at no additional cost. On the other hand, Maddie has also been very responsive when comes to questions I have re the inverter-related questions (access and settings) and Steve has also rang up a few times after the install to check in re the system and monitoring to ensure everything is performing up to my satisfaction.

All in all, the from the initial quote process to install and after-sales service, I couldn’t be happier. I had the privilege of dealing with and being looked after by the entire Beyond Solar team from start to end - shoutout to Saad, MK, Hus, Adam, Sam, Steve and Maddie.

And boy those Trina Honey M Black panels looks stunning with black cells and frame (already received a number of compliments)! Extremely pleased with my install and I can definitely recommend Beyond Solar to anyone out there looking for to get their solar system installed.
Supplier must follow through on client concerns/calls regarding product - was promised a call from technician a week ago (regarding appearance/possible fault in 1 of the panels) but have had no calls, telephone or physical.

Update 07 March 2019:
All my concerns and issues have now been satisfactorily resolved and I have no hesitation in referring this company to prospective solar purchasers. Thank you for your informative site which really helped in my decision making. Jan

Beyond's sales team were very good with service, information and follow up. The installation team were also very good especially considering the very windy conditions they work under. My only concern was that serveral roofing screws etc were left lying around the roof and roofing sheets that were lifted were not secured as originally found. Show additional information

Enjoy my newly installed Solar system

Got a very good deal just before end of financial year.
Installation went well. It was in a cold canberra winter and a bit of cold rain. But installers worked hard and did a high quality job.
Customer service was good. Responded to my questions after install. They have submitted grid connection document for me and organised Smart Meter install.

Great job

Everything was good. Fast quote, happy to take questions and make adjustments. Job was booked in quickly after I accepted quote. Install day went very smoothly. Guys on site were friendly, explained everything, cleaned up, neat and tidy job. Received follow up emails (grid connection was already covered due to existing system). I'm really happy. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer and Beautiful Installation: Will recommend to family and friends that this installer's are very good and go with them.

Pawan was the Sales person whom I did my communication from Start to Finish and also his team player Madhi and the boss MK all of them were very good and very polite.
Huge, Adam and Ali were very polite and did the great Installation for me. I will recommend to everyone in my family and friends. Thanks very much for all your help!. Keep it up.

Beyond solar

1) Sales quoting was quick and efficient
2) Installation went very well they were at all times polite punctual, cleaned up after the installation
3) the correct paper work was e-mailed to me for my signature and I forwarded it on to my provider.

Quick, easy and tidy

The process with these guys was simple, good price and quick especially for a Canberra install of a 10kw system. Parwan was happy to provide me with a range of quotes and explain the differences between the panels. When it came to install, the guys came when they said they would, did the job in a day and left the site clean and tidy. The panels, ducting and transformer are installed very neatly and look really good. They also filed all the paperwork needed to register the system and get it running quickly. Would recommend. Show additional information

One of those cowboys

-Customer does the customer service once you sign a contract with Beyond Solar
-Poor desktop studies: They do not know how to do desktop study of you roof (want to offer more panels at first stage then provide little refund) In that way wants to make money both ways from customer
-Dishonest and Misleading sales/advertising tactics:Installers (which are their subcontractors in reality) are not competent to do installation. Mind you they use one of those sales tactics that they have their own installers. I paid more money for their system because their sales person said that they have their own installers. On the day on installation they send subcontractors without notifying me and asking me. They do not do any safety checks so careful about this cowboys.
-Poor installation by incompetent installers- Their installers are not competent enough to do proper installations. They left some loose connection on my roof which blown my inverter after 8 weeks and it is sitting down since last 6 weeks. My replacement inverter arrived last week but their manager contacted me by e-mail. Very poor customer service. They should have at-least called me in this matter to fix installation timing. Finally I had to call him to make a complain.
-Poor house keeping: Installers left many cable ties which they used during installation and thrown same on my roof which ended up on my roof gutter and eventually it ended in my roof gutter. I cleaned it by myself else it could have blocked my roof gutter system. They did same two times. I complained about it but I have not got any reply from their installation manager yet. No hope...

Bhavesh

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We pride ourselves on delivering top quality installations and ensuring customer satisfaction.

I did want to clarify the issues you've raised.

Firstly, we are not one of the cowboys, we are proudly a CEC approved retailer and a platinum rated installer with Solarquotes. We have delivered thousands of installations with consistent high quality and fantastic feedback from our customers.

On the day of install we had illness strike our team scheduled to do your installation and rather than delay your installation we sent out another team. The installer is CEC accredited and trained to our standards.

You were told installers will be onsite before 9am, they arrived at 7.30am and you complained that they arrived too early.

The plan was originally for 49 panels, when the boys went out and were working on your roof they found they could only install 48 panels. You were offered a refund in line with the cost of the additional panel (the price for the refund was what you calculated) but you refused this amount and demanded a price that was higher than what you calculated the panel at and to ensure your satisfaction we agreed.

The installers disposed of some small materials in your recycle bin and you complained about them doing this. The team was contacted and instructed by me to remove all rubbish from site which they did.

Your inverter did not blow, it failed after there was a power outage in your area (as advised by you)- it was a brand new SMA inverter and we submitted a warranty claim on your behalf. On the day the replacement inverter was received (Thursday) we sent you an email advising that we will be out to replace your inverter on Monday.

We have had dozens of emails and phone calls from you and I have personally contacted you and spoken to you many times, however when you swear, threaten and abuse me and members of our team, it makes it very hard for us to arrive at a solution for your issue.

We treat our customers respectfully and we deal with them honestly, we also have an expectation that our customers are respectful to us. When we get things wrong we acknowledge it and rectify it.

I have offered you 2 different options to replace the inverter under warranty and you have responded abusively.

Our reputation speaks for itself, we have hundreds of reviews on Solarquotes with customers virtually unanimously having positive experiences. In every case where we have got it wrong we have addressed the issue and sorted it out for the customer. This has been based on mutual respect.

From day 1 you have been aggressive towards us despite myself and 2 other team members trying to resolve and address any concerns you have had.

Regards
Steve

Fantastic Customer Service and Installer

Sales person is very professional and knowledgeable also didn’t push me on sale. Installer was same. Thanks Beyond Solar Show additional information

Happy customer

Very happy with the service installed quickly very helpful with everything pleasure to deal with Show additional information

Punctual and polite Service

Great quote, sales man was polite and helpful. After service was excellent with installing wifi. Recommended. Show additional information
Would live a more easy to understand app, so that I can monitor production, use and how much I am sending back to the grid.
The install of the smart meter by Energy Australia, was straight forward.

So impressed

Received 3 quotes ranging from $4500 to $9800 and pondered them for a while. After a few weeks Beyond sent me a special they had of $3400.
I checked in the quality of system with solar quotes via email and they said it was a good budget system with a reputable installer. Booked the installation in and was totally impressed by their hard work

Great installer

Great experience, friendly salesman who followed up without being pushy. Quick installation and tidy work. Very happy. Show additional information

Great to deal with

From day one Saad has been amazing to deal with. He got me the system Ive for asked for at a good price. He and the team at Beyond Solar have gone out of their way to help me with all my questions & are now organising my connection to the grid. The install was today, myself being a communications technician & foreman thoroughly checked the install from roof space to roof & cannot find any faults & would rate the install 100%. Neat, tidy, great communication on the day while I was at work & until I got home. Everything was explained to me about the system in plain English by the installers when I got home, a great install team that is friendly, helpful, polite & take pride in their work. Such a pleasure to deal with Beyond Solar. Thank you Finn & Solar quotes for recommending them. Show additional information
Not your issue but Alinta Energy was very slow with meter install and took forever to supply install date. Show additional information
Due to BIG trees next door on our west we loose the sun about 3pm. They put extra panels than originally planed on the north face and balance on the east.
Which would increase the amount generated for the time we have, can't cut down trees or change the shape of the house. Big thanks to the installers.
Great crew, really happy with Installation & Performance so far Show additional information
The installation went smoothly. The support service from the office probably not so much, but I think we're making progress now - should be switched on fairly soon. I hope. Show additional information
Quality system and really happy with the installation. Would definitely recommend Beyond Solar! Show additional information
Installer was rather slow in providing paper work for grid-connection application Show additional information
The installers went above and beyond, even fixing a couple of loose tiles Show additional information
The supplier did not arrange connection of our generator, they said it wasn't necessary on an off grid system. They suggested we should have had parts needed and if we had they could have installed it on that day, but the installers were grumpy, not friendly and rushed through it, trying to finish before their long trip back to Sydney (we are over 500km away). They didn't take us through how the system worked, the online monitoring software, error messages or trouble shooting. They suggested we should have been experts on solar and known all the complicated equipment needed and questions to ask. They then quoted almost $700 to come back and install the generator, this was after they told my husband they would "be happy to come back and install the generator" - I thought I would clarify if this was going to cost us anything as my husband was under the impression it would be part of the install and have no cost.

Further, we paid for 26 panels as this was what would fit on our roof area and we discussed this in detail to ensure no extra supports or structures were needed as it was going on our new garage. The installers would not put the panels on in the way we suggested and thus could only fit 24, saying the roof needed more supports to screw the frame into - but we had asked them this before. It was annoying to have a smaller system but then they only wanted to refund about $150 for two 300 watt JMA panels that they charged us about $300 each for. They eventually agreed to refund about $200.

They have been quite good with communication throughout the quote and issues but they are not entirely honest.
We hope that the quality of the system holds up as well as the manufacturers warranties as we do not expect any support from Beyond Solar.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I do apologise that we haven't met your expectations but would like to clarify a few points.

The generator needed an auto-start which your generator didn't have, the scope of work as per our quote was the installation of an offgrid solar PV system and we completed all work as per the scope. As an extra service we did said we'd be happy to connect the generator to the system at the time of installation if it was suitable to do so. However because it didn't have the auto start we were unable to connect it to the system, as it could have affected the stability and operation of our system. This was explained in detail to your husband over the phone by myself and by our technical manager. To install your generator after we've completed the installation of your system, would mean we need to send an electrician to your property and that involves additional costs to our business. We were happy to do this as a complimentary addition while we were on site but unfortunately your equipment wasn't suitable at the time.

Our installers did not rush your job and were on site for 2 days- the first day was raining and they ran all the cabling and on the second day they completed the installation. After speaking to your husband he commented on how happy he was with the quality of the installation.

In regards to the panels, installers need to work off the roof structure and what it allows. They take into account screw lines etc. Unfortunately when they got there to install they found they could only fit 24 panels. We immediately advised you of this, which was the day prior to our install date.

When the system size was reduced by 2 panel we offered you $200 as refund for the 2 panels- this was in line with the cost they added to your quote. You were unhappy with the amount we offered and to ensure your satisfaction we then agreed to a refund of $290 for the 2 panels. The $300 price for each panel is incorrect.

I do take exception to you saying we aren't entirely honest, my team have been upfront with you and I myself have personally spoken to your husband on at least 2 occasions. We have never been anything but honest and upfront.

As for support, we will always be there for our customers and if you need support you will always get it. Your husband has my personal mobile number and I would be happy to personally help you with any issues you may have with your system.

Regards, Steve
MK at Beyond Solar explained the Brands and Quality features perfectly. He talked through the install process, and afterwards set up the SMA login to see the energy readout straight from my phone. Jordan and his team did a great job installing.
Would recommend them as a highly professional solar panel installation company.
Keep up the good work Beyond Solar.
We got the system fitted through Beyond Solar. After getting all of the quotes, they were the best to deal with. They didn't harass us by making hundreds of calls etc, answered all of my questions and modified the quote to suit our requests several times. The team who completed the installation were great, and even let me know of a small section of roof that required attention that was in an unrelated area to the install. Have recommend them to my family for a future install. Thanks. Show additional information
Hi,

I was happy with the installation that was completed within a reasonable period and on the due date. I was also very satisfied with the quality of the panels and inverter (Jinko JKM310M-60 and Huawei SUN2000L-5KTL) and the install quality (no cables from top to switches, covered isolation switches on the roof, panels placed neatly on roof) however Beyond Solar let themselves down by charging me an extra $ 76 to pay by credit card which I was not informed after saying I will pay my credit card and not telling me that I had to organise the new net meter from AGL. I had no problem doing this but the installer did not mention it and delayed the meter install by 2 weeks.

Thank you for the advise on your web site and the videos, the info was very helpful and I have even purchased your solar handbook guide from Amazon.

Cheers
I've had a top of the line 10kW Solar Edge + LG panels system for about 4 years.
I got a powerwall and noticed that it's not always getting charged. So Time to add some more PV.
This time I'm putting 10kW of a half decent Chinese system up against the premium system.
It's about half the price and putting out about the same power so far.
In 5 years time I'll be able to tell you how smart it was.
Hi Finn Firstly let me thank you for your input and for your website. First class my man. I know there are cheaper offers out there but I know you never get something for nothing. The guys in the office and the install guys in Beyond Solar all got together making it a completely hassle-free installation. These power bills are out of control and I feel I have made a great investment over the next 15 to 20 years. So I want to thank Beyond Solar and yourself for making this a pain free experience. My apologies to the power company executives for not contributing any more to your huge salaries and first-class round the world tickets. Show additional information
Beyond Solar we're affordable, quick, efficient and helpful. Ultimately this is why I chose them. Show additional information
The solar quotes website provided me with loads of fantastic information.
Beyond solar were very patient with all my questions and let me take my time in deciding instead of persistent phone calls etc.
We ended up choosing a mid range system which I think best suits our current needs.
I was impressed that the installer made an effort to hide the inverter and panel cables in the brick and cladding cavities. The overall installation looks professional. The installers turned up on the day and time scheduled. Answered any questions I had. The new meter and full switch on by Origin was 4 weeks later at no cost. System is functioning very well. Show additional information
I have just got the system installed on the 9/04/19, so still early days, and still to get metre calibrated by power company, so no FITs yet (that process could take up to 4 weeks - free engergy for Alinta for a month).

I chose Beyond Solar as they were offering JA 315W panels (21 in all) with SMA-Sunny Boy inverter (I was mainly after a good inverter with decent panels) and they were CEC certified retailers. They were offering QCell panels for about $500 more - but I thought the difference in price (10%+ extra) was probably not worth 1% to 2% extra in efficiency. Total price paid was under $5k, which was comparable with 2 other quotes (also from your website and CEC accredited retailers, but not the companies you sent me), however, I went with Beyond Solar in the end as they offered the JA panels with 12 years warrany compared to 10 years for the other 2 (offering Trina 305W and Jinco 300W). So it was close between them but the deciding factor was the 315W and 12 years warranty on the JA panels and the good price.

With the 3 companies initially sent to quote me, 2 were offering more expensive systems, one for similar specs to what I went with and one with higher specs, but I found them more inflexible in offering me what I wanted or in competing on price. The 3rd company did offer a lower price but with lower specs (inferior inverter) and I had to ask them numerous times to provide me with a price with a better inverter, and finally when they did it was a higher price than the other 3 quotes I got. Then when I told them I had cheaper prices for similar system they tried to match it, but I just felt that dealing with this company might be a bit difficult, especially if things went wrong or I had any issues.
The installation was done really fast,from deposit to install was 10 days. The only issue I'm having is Solarweb is not reporting data correct from my Fronius E Meter. Its showing Export as Import and vice versa. The installers have come out to check wiring and it all seems fine. They have been in touch with Fronius regarding my problem. I am still waiting on a solution which they don't have as yet. Show additional information