Beyond Solar Reviews

About Beyond Solar, Solar Installers

Beyond Solar
Platinum Partner
Beyond Solar is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Beyond Solar is a division of Beyond Electrical Australia, founded in 2010. We specialise in designing precise solar solutions for homes, farms and businesses. Our vision is to assist Australians in becoming less reliant on the grid, and spending your money on more important things than bills from your retailer. We are confident that our experts are the most knowledgeable in the industry; educating our clients and helping them make an informed decision. We are a company built by installers, who have been working in the industry for a combined total of well over 30 years.

Beyond Solar Solar Reviews

Great to deal with

From day one Saad has been amazing to deal with. He got me the system Ive for asked for at a good price. He and the team at Beyond Solar have gone out of their way to help me with all my questions & are now organising my connection to the grid. The install was today, myself being a communications technician & foreman thoroughly checked the install from roof space to roof & cannot find any faults & would rate the install 100%. Neat, tidy, great communication on the day while I was at work & until I got home. Everything was explained to me about the system in plain English by the installers when I got home, a great install team that is friendly, helpful, polite & take pride in their work. Such a pleasure to deal with Beyond Solar. Thank you Finn & Solar quotes for recommending them. Show additional information
Not your issue but Alinta Energy was very slow with meter install and took forever to supply install date. Show additional information
Due to BIG trees next door on our west we loose the sun about 3pm. They put extra panels than originally planed on the north face and balance on the east.
Which would increase the amount generated for the time we have, can't cut down trees or change the shape of the house. Big thanks to the installers.
Great crew, really happy with Installation & Performance so far Show additional information
The installation went smoothly. The support service from the office probably not so much, but I think we're making progress now - should be switched on fairly soon. I hope. Show additional information
Quality system and really happy with the installation. Would definitely recommend Beyond Solar! Show additional information
Installer was rather slow in providing paper work for grid-connection application Show additional information
The installers went above and beyond, even fixing a couple of loose tiles Show additional information
The supplier did not arrange connection of our generator, they said it wasn't necessary on an off grid system. They suggested we should have had parts needed and if we had they could have installed it on that day, but the installers were grumpy, not friendly and rushed through it, trying to finish before their long trip back to Sydney (we are over 500km away). They didn't take us through how the system worked, the online monitoring software, error messages or trouble shooting. They suggested we should have been experts on solar and known all the complicated equipment needed and questions to ask. They then quoted almost $700 to come back and install the generator, this was after they told my husband they would "be happy to come back and install the generator" - I thought I would clarify if this was going to cost us anything as my husband was under the impression it would be part of the install and have no cost.

Further, we paid for 26 panels as this was what would fit on our roof area and we discussed this in detail to ensure no extra supports or structures were needed as it was going on our new garage. The installers would not put the panels on in the way we suggested and thus could only fit 24, saying the roof needed more supports to screw the frame into - but we had asked them this before. It was annoying to have a smaller system but then they only wanted to refund about $150 for two 300 watt JMA panels that they charged us about $300 each for. They eventually agreed to refund about $200.

They have been quite good with communication throughout the quote and issues but they are not entirely honest.
We hope that the quality of the system holds up as well as the manufacturers warranties as we do not expect any support from Beyond Solar.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I do apologise that we haven't met your expectations but would like to clarify a few points.

The generator needed an auto-start which your generator didn't have, the scope of work as per our quote was the installation of an offgrid solar PV system and we completed all work as per the scope. As an extra service we did said we'd be happy to connect the generator to the system at the time of installation if it was suitable to do so. However because it didn't have the auto start we were unable to connect it to the system, as it could have affected the stability and operation of our system. This was explained in detail to your husband over the phone by myself and by our technical manager. To install your generator after we've completed the installation of your system, would mean we need to send an electrician to your property and that involves additional costs to our business. We were happy to do this as a complimentary addition while we were on site but unfortunately your equipment wasn't suitable at the time.

Our installers did not rush your job and were on site for 2 days- the first day was raining and they ran all the cabling and on the second day they completed the installation. After speaking to your husband he commented on how happy he was with the quality of the installation.

In regards to the panels, installers need to work off the roof structure and what it allows. They take into account screw lines etc. Unfortunately when they got there to install they found they could only fit 24 panels. We immediately advised you of this, which was the day prior to our install date.

When the system size was reduced by 2 panel we offered you $200 as refund for the 2 panels- this was in line with the cost they added to your quote. You were unhappy with the amount we offered and to ensure your satisfaction we then agreed to a refund of $290 for the 2 panels. The $300 price for each panel is incorrect.

I do take exception to you saying we aren't entirely honest, my team have been upfront with you and I myself have personally spoken to your husband on at least 2 occasions. We have never been anything but honest and upfront.

As for support, we will always be there for our customers and if you need support you will always get it. Your husband has my personal mobile number and I would be happy to personally help you with any issues you may have with your system.

Regards, Steve
MK at Beyond Solar explained the Brands and Quality features perfectly. He talked through the install process, and afterwards set up the SMA login to see the energy readout straight from my phone. Jordan and his team did a great job installing.
Would recommend them as a highly professional solar panel installation company.
Keep up the good work Beyond Solar.
We got the system fitted through Beyond Solar. After getting all of the quotes, they were the best to deal with. They didn't harass us by making hundreds of calls etc, answered all of my questions and modified the quote to suit our requests several times. The team who completed the installation were great, and even let me know of a small section of roof that required attention that was in an unrelated area to the install. Have recommend them to my family for a future install. Thanks. Show additional information
Hi,

I was happy with the installation that was completed within a reasonable period and on the due date. I was also very satisfied with the quality of the panels and inverter (Jinko JKM310M-60 and Huawei SUN2000L-5KTL) and the install quality (no cables from top to switches, covered isolation switches on the roof, panels placed neatly on roof) however Beyond Solar let themselves down by charging me an extra $ 76 to pay by credit card which I was not informed after saying I will pay my credit card and not telling me that I had to organise the new net meter from AGL. I had no problem doing this but the installer did not mention it and delayed the meter install by 2 weeks.

Thank you for the advise on your web site and the videos, the info was very helpful and I have even purchased your solar handbook guide from Amazon.

Cheers
I've had a top of the line 10kW Solar Edge + LG panels system for about 4 years.
I got a powerwall and noticed that it's not always getting charged. So Time to add some more PV.
This time I'm putting 10kW of a half decent Chinese system up against the premium system.
It's about half the price and putting out about the same power so far.
In 5 years time I'll be able to tell you how smart it was.
Hi Finn Firstly let me thank you for your input and for your website. First class my man. I know there are cheaper offers out there but I know you never get something for nothing. The guys in the office and the install guys in Beyond Solar all got together making it a completely hassle-free installation. These power bills are out of control and I feel I have made a great investment over the next 15 to 20 years. So I want to thank Beyond Solar and yourself for making this a pain free experience. My apologies to the power company executives for not contributing any more to your huge salaries and first-class round the world tickets. Show additional information
Beyond Solar we're affordable, quick, efficient and helpful. Ultimately this is why I chose them. Show additional information
The solar quotes website provided me with loads of fantastic information.
Beyond solar were very patient with all my questions and let me take my time in deciding instead of persistent phone calls etc.
We ended up choosing a mid range system which I think best suits our current needs.
I was impressed that the installer made an effort to hide the inverter and panel cables in the brick and cladding cavities. The overall installation looks professional. The installers turned up on the day and time scheduled. Answered any questions I had. The new meter and full switch on by Origin was 4 weeks later at no cost. System is functioning very well. Show additional information
I have just got the system installed on the 9/04/19, so still early days, and still to get metre calibrated by power company, so no FITs yet (that process could take up to 4 weeks - free engergy for Alinta for a month).

I chose Beyond Solar as they were offering JA 315W panels (21 in all) with SMA-Sunny Boy inverter (I was mainly after a good inverter with decent panels) and they were CEC certified retailers. They were offering QCell panels for about $500 more - but I thought the difference in price (10%+ extra) was probably not worth 1% to 2% extra in efficiency. Total price paid was under $5k, which was comparable with 2 other quotes (also from your website and CEC accredited retailers, but not the companies you sent me), however, I went with Beyond Solar in the end as they offered the JA panels with 12 years warrany compared to 10 years for the other 2 (offering Trina 305W and Jinco 300W). So it was close between them but the deciding factor was the 315W and 12 years warranty on the JA panels and the good price.

With the 3 companies initially sent to quote me, 2 were offering more expensive systems, one for similar specs to what I went with and one with higher specs, but I found them more inflexible in offering me what I wanted or in competing on price. The 3rd company did offer a lower price but with lower specs (inferior inverter) and I had to ask them numerous times to provide me with a price with a better inverter, and finally when they did it was a higher price than the other 3 quotes I got. Then when I told them I had cheaper prices for similar system they tried to match it, but I just felt that dealing with this company might be a bit difficult, especially if things went wrong or I had any issues.
The installation was done really fast,from deposit to install was 10 days. The only issue I'm having is Solarweb is not reporting data correct from my Fronius E Meter. Its showing Export as Import and vice versa. The installers have come out to check wiring and it all seems fine. They have been in touch with Fronius regarding my problem. I am still waiting on a solution which they don't have as yet. Show additional information
Supplier must follow through on client concerns/calls regarding product - was promised a call from technician a week ago (regarding appearance/possible fault in 1 of the panels) but have had no calls, telephone or physical.

Update 07 March 2019:
All my concerns and issues have now been satisfactorily resolved and I have no hesitation in referring this company to prospective solar purchasers. Thank you for your informative site which really helped in my decision making. Jan
Quote came in about the same place as others but far more responsive and interesting in making sure we got the best system for us, including talking me out of micro inverters based on our location and the lack of potential overshadowing.
This created a sense of trust and a feeling that they had real interest in our individual needs.
I had issues regarding the Enphase reporting after the nbn was installed. Steve came out and after a very difficult process managed to rectify the problem he also talked me through the system and clarified points i was not sure of. He said he would be here at a certain time and he was. He was polite and patient. He also explained the reason that it took some time to respond to my phone calls was simply that they are very busy installing systems. I am quite satisfied with their follow up service now. Show additional information
Explained everything and were patient with decision, installers did a great job, after sales support very good Show additional information
The installers, Ricky, Wally, and Mahmoud did an installation on a very hot day, although they have to stop midway because of the intense heat, they were back on Saturday to complete the installation which was happened to be on the Australian day as well. I don't think any other installers will be willing to do this on the weekend, let alone on the public holiday! Very nice follow up as well on the office side from Steve and MK, I asked a few questions and they straight up contacting me to answer my queries. All system works as it should be, no issue at all. Show additional information
Go somewhere else. Beyond Solar were very quick to take my money and they installed the system reasonably quickly (with a few cracked roof tiles) but that is where their service stopped. After the electricity supplier fitted the solar meter It didn’t work. It took over a week for Beyond Solar to come back and reprogram the inverter. The system was running well but died about four weeks later. I am still waiting for them to repair it now six weeks later. They have promised technicians were coming and after waiting at home all day on three seperate occasions, they didn’t show. No phone call to say they weren’t coming or explanations why. Emails and voice messages go un answered, there is no customer service and I have to do all the chasing. Finally an electrician turned up and told me the obvious that my inverter was faulty and they would order me a new one from Melbourne That was two weeks and still no inverter. The level of service is extremely disappointing and frustrating. The faults and delays are costing me over $100 per week and they are making no offer of compensation. Do not deal with a company who treats you like this.

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your feedback. We are committed to providing a high level of service and support to all our clients and I apologise that we fell short of your expectations.

In regards to contact and replacing your inverter I can confirm this has been done.

We received your initial fault report on 26th December. This was during the holiday period and our office was closed until the 7th January. We contacted you on the 7th January to troubleshoot the problem and spoke to you on the 14th and 18th Jan as well. On 21st Jan we diagnosed it as a faulty inverter and submitted a warranty claim with the manufacturer. On 22nd Jan we advised that the claim had been submitted and we should receive the inverter within 2 weeks.

On 31/1 we advised you that replacement will take place on Tuesday 5th February (which it did)

From the beginning of your claim to the resolution I have records of 9 times where we spoke to you or attempted to contact you and left messages.

We installed a brand new Fronius inverter for you and Fronius are one of the most highly regarded brands in the inverter market. Unfortunately the unit that was provided by the manufacturer was faulty and despite working when we installed failed a few days later. This part is out of our control, however when something goes wrong we are committed to helping our customers through.

We were able to resolve your issue within 4 weeks of our return to work, during a period when installers and suppliers are on holidays.

I'm sorry you've had what you feel is a negative experience and I have personally managed your case to get it resolved.

Very positive - No complaints

Excellent customer service

System was installed and working as promised on the scheduled day with no fuss or ado.
Pawan was really good and it was a pleasure to deal with him. I asked him to revise the quotes several times and he never complaint a word. Show additional information
Definitely recommend. Pawan was terrific to deal with and no question I had was too difficult.

The installers were also terrific.

The system I got has been great. It has already survived it's first hail storm.
Beyond Solar was the company recommended by a friend. Show additional information
Would live a more easy to understand app, so that I can monitor production, use and how much I am sending back to the grid.
The install of the smart meter by Energy Australia, was straight forward.
The one disappointment is that the salesman from Solarblu stated three times that he would contact me and quote, but never did.

Daniel from Beyond Solar and the owner of Space Solar Wollongong were extremely professional, helpful and gave fantastic advice. I went with Beyond Solar for a saving of just under $500. I would certainly recommend either company for customer service.

To the team at SolarQuotes, follow up emails and checks to make sure that the businesses they have recommended had done the quotes. Always easy to read and not a single jargon word in any correspondence that I have receiverd

Melanie from Parkerlane did a great job in sourcing a viable finance option for me and made the application process simple, fast and easy.

Now I just need to wait on the install of my solar next week!
Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful sales person (Daniel) gave good advice on various options and patiently re-quoted several times with changes that I made; installation guys (Ricky and Mo) were friendly and competent and just got on with the job; eventually decided on 6.5 Kw configuration that fitted my budget, with mid-range quality panels & string inverter with some optimisers. Very happy with the result and the service. Show additional information