Lightning Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Lightning Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Lightning Solar and Electrical
Gold Partner
Lightning Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 15 622 641 552  ABN active since 09 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
ACN: 622 641 552  ACN active since 03 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 87194 Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 26806 Lightning Solar & Electrical

Reviewers report paying: $2,000 - $9,112 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Lightning solar originally started under the business name LMC Electrical in 2012. They began as 1 electrician as a sole trader and then became a registered company in 2017. They have since gone through massive growth to become a bigger company and now have a head office in Melbourne. They currently do installations in Melbourne as well as Brisbane and Adelaide.

Lightning solar pride themselves on that fact the company is Australian owned and ran by electricians not marketing types looking to cash in on the solar boom. They make sure every installation is 100% compliant and have a huge focus on customer service.

They have a large amount of experience with residential solar as well as commercial projects and solar battery installation.

Lightning solar is current a CEC approved retailer which means they have made a commitment to honour the Solar Code of Conduct.

They only employ CEC accredited electricians to run their installation teams to make sure the quality of work is second to none!

Lightning Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Very professional and excellent workmanship

We decided to go with Lighting Solar and Electrical and are very happy with the system they provided.The install was done to a high standard of professionalism .
Right from the quote to the installation we didnt have any problems .Malalay from customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for solar .

Seemless installation

Initially there were delays on lightning solar's end in uploading the quote to Vic Solar. However, the installation was quick and professional. Show additional information

A Job Well done.

I got their contact through a friend of mine who had a system installed earlier in the year.
It was a very easy transaction with my solar installation. Everything from quote to install was completed within a week. Only thing I would mention as far as installation is that panels were not installed in the same location on the roof as per the quote. They had to shift some panels to a different part of the roof and did not mention this to me at the time of install. I am fully satisfied with the explanation that the nail line on the roof did not match with the panel install and they had to shift them whilst installing. A minor detail but worth mentioning in my opinion
The customer service was excellent. Everything was organized for commissioning of the system hassle free. My contacts Ben and Malalay were great. every time I called Ben answered including Sundays.

Satisfied Customer

My love for renewables found me Solar Quotes which then got me linked with Lightning Solar.
My Roof space being limited and having to lay panels in multiple orientations made we very anxious and me being an engineer, I wanted to get involved in the entire process. I did have few issues during the quoting process, probably due to me changing my mind many times but Luke finally managed to satisfy all my requirements and gave me what I was after.

The salesmen Sam said that a site visit is not necessary even after I had requested for one and this is one thing i didn't like about the process since the installers had to change the panel layout slightly on the day of the install which i would have known earlier if a site visit was done.

Their price was not the cheapest but also not the most expensive and therefore I can say that the system was reasonably priced. The installation was scheduled 6 weeks from quote acceptance. The team rocked up on time and did a neat job. They explained what they were planning to do and did not leave a mess after the installation.

Throughout most of the process I was in touch with Malalay, who in my opinion was the best to deal with. She was very efficient to answer calls, reply emails, provide information and helped me a lot during the grid connection process which took longer than other people due to few complications with AusNet. She was always customer focused and was professional in her work ethic which i appreciate very much.

Overall Lightining Solar did a good job with my Solar Installation. Thank you Solar Quotes for recommendation and Thank you Lightning Solar for the good work !!!

Great purchase

Easy to deal with. Personable sales team and friendly installation team. Happy with the cost as well. Show additional information

All round great company to use for Solar

7.92 kW System- 24 x QCell G5 330-Duo panels with Huawei SUN2000 -65KTL Inverter
Lightning gave good straight advice ( no b/s ).
Price was competitive to others and system installed timely. Producing good kV's
Great communication and customer service, always response to my queries/questions.

Skilled and trustworthy installers!

Luke from Lightning Solar gave me the best quote by far on a Tesla Battery and always responded to my calls and enquiries even after installation and payment were finalised. His installation team were punctual, friendly and efficient and made a real effort to make sure I was happy with aspects like battery location etc. They also organised the grid connection and set up the Tesla app for me, which I found really helpful. But what most impressed me was their after-care when there was an issue. Luke's team came out the next day and fixed it even though it turned out that the problem wasn't their fault. I would highly recommend Luke and his team. Show additional information

Sam, Luke and Malalay was very helpful as a team and were well coordinated. Installed on time and did a great job. Show additional information

Smooth process from start to end

My whole experience with Lightning has been smooth from sales to connection to the grid.

The sales guy (Cameron) was very approachable and helpful during the quote, happily answering all my questions and concerns while tailoring a system to my needs. Lighting's quote wasn't the cheapest (nor the most expensive) but ultimately I chose Lightning because they used an in-house electrician rather than a subcontractor.

Malalay, who organised the installation date and grid connection, was great too. Lightning were able to schedule an install within weeks (which ultimately proved timely given stage 4 lock down was imminent).

Everything on installation day went smoothly as well. Luke, the electrician, was very accommodating and considerate, he even held off from the noisy drilling due to a sleeping baby and helped organise replacement tiles because I wasn't able to leave the house while caring for my daughter. They were very tidy and cleaned up after themselves.

In regards to the grid connection, Lightning handled all the paperwork. All I had to do was choose a new plan and what feed-in tariff I wanted with my electricity company.

Powerpal is reporting that my daily usage has halved which is amazing for winter.

Highly recommended.

Good Solar at reasonable price

Quote process was straightforward and they answered any questions quickly. Installation took the better part of a day and went ahead without issue. Minimal interaction was needed from our side, and they did a site visit to ensure the solar would fit properly on our roof. Show additional information

Professional, from initial contact onwards

Luke contacted me within hours of my request to Solar Quotes. We discussed options available for panels and inverters and proposal was based on my selection. Proposal was emailed to me immediately and clearly explained the offering both technically and commercially.The processes for STCs and Vic Gov Rebate and Solar Loan scheme were clearly explained. Arranged site visit to confirm installation details.
Malalay phoned to arrange installation and confirmed information required to complete application for Rebate and Loan.
Ali and his installation team arrived punctually on the agreed date. Ali suggested a minor variation to panel layout to improve both performance and appearance. The work was conducted efficiently neatly, and cleanly. All members of the team were polite and adhered to Vic COVID-19 protocols (installation took place on Day1 of mandatory masks). The independent Inspector commented on the neatness of the installation on the roof.
Malalay has since submitted relevant paperwork to our Retailer to complete the process.
I would definitely recommend Lightning Solar

Okay

All good with the exception that they changed the string configuration without telling me before they did it. Originally- 13 x 370w panels north facing + 5 x 370w panels east facing. Installed 12 x 370w panels north facing + 5 x 370w panels east facing & 1 x 370w panel north facing. Show additional information

Fantastic, easy and helpful to deal with

The entire process from start to finish was very straight forward and easy. Not once did I feel pressured like I did with some other companies that I had spoken with.
I would definitely recommend this company.

Sam

Sales quoting and instalation is good.
But the customer service is not very good.
System switch ON by inspector yesterday.

Still my fronius app don't work and can't monitor the system. I inquired about this from installer,but haven't got a good answer.

Hi Sugath. I am glad to hear your happy with the quoting, sales and installation.

Regarding the customer service. Malalay has spoken to you over the phone and via email 24 times pre and post installation to make sure the process runs smoothly, i'm surprised to hear you think our customer service is bad but we will take it on board.

Also with the wifi, it was set up on the day but Fronius requires you to personally create an account before we give you access, you didn't do this while we were on site so we had to shut the system down till the inspector came and do it after.

The inspector has now signed off the job on Wednesday and I have sent access to the solar web portal to you today on Friday.

Luke

Great installer, great service

Contact with the sales rep was excellent, any questions I had were answered quickly. The quotation itself was very clear, no unnecessary fluff. Phone calls were quickly answered at every stage.

Installers were extremely efficient. It was a good sized team and they worked quickly but didn’t cut corners. The site lead told me what was going to happen when they arrived initially and kept me informed of what was happening when. No surprises, no issues. Clean up was great - I checked the rooftop as well. No scraps were left behind.

Overall customer service with the installer was top quality in my opinion. Everyone I spoke to knew their stuff. Of particular note: I had some issues with the setup of an app for tracking solar input. Seems I made mid-step when setting it up. Sales rep followed up and tried to help. When he couldn’t, he had a member of the support team (from the solar inverters manufacturer) get in touch with me and walk me through the setup. Everything worked in the end but it indicates that Lightning Solar go the extra distance to make sure their customers are happy.

Overall I was happy with the entire process.

Professional, great value and efficient

Everything was done according to plan, and considered my preferences with regard to the installation. Great design that made better use of the available roof space than other quotes.
Great value install.

Excellent Installation

The quotes that I received were very professional and extensive and the companies were more than happy to respond to my questions.

The installation team were punctual and polite. As they needed to access the interior of my house, they took extra care to minimize mess and keep everything tidy.

They made a modification to the layout of the panels to achieve better coverage and explained what they were doing and the reasons for the change, which will benefit me.

They took time to explain the inverter controls and connections and have organised the grid connection.

Excellent service and I am very happy with the results.

Nice solar installation

I was impressed by the installation team as they were punctual ,very professional, and they cleaned and tidy up before they left. Overall I am happy with their service Show additional information
The response from all three companies that provided quotes was good, but Lightning Solar was the best of the three in response and price. I found them easy to deal with throughout the quoting, installation and post installation process.

Lightning Solar have their own teams of installers; install was not subcontracted and Luke followed up quickly regarding questions I had on the install.
Installation was a 5.6kw Enphase solution (16 panels) with 3 different roof areas, 2 on lower storey and 1 on upper storey.
Work commenced and was completed on the same day.

Paperwork followup good as have been contacted by electricity retailer just over 2 weeks after install. This included almost a week waiting for the 3rd party electrical review.

Recommend

Easy to deal with and fast install. I highly recommend Show additional information

All good

Installer they all doing job properly
Clean up all the mess

The best company to deal with

Really helpful company. From the sales person to guys that installed the system really do there job great. No delays and professional all done and installed within two weeks. Show additional information

Streamline Process

Easy to talk to and informative over the phone followed by punctual and straight forward installation. Show additional information

Very happy with speed, installers, quality and price.

Very informative discussion and quote before moving forward with a contract. The installers came about 2 weeks after I after I booked them in- 3 guys that were on time, communicated well and did a great job. They also worked around a skylight and stovepipe with no issues.
The company looks after everything including organising the gov inspection of the panels (which occurred rapidly as they submitted all the paperwork within a day). Also the connection with the network was included in the price, and occurred quickly.
From booking to the solar panels creating power and the grid registering it, took less than 4 weeks.
The price of the unit was about $7k, but came down to about $3k after all rebates applied- which is what I paid the company. No issues with getting rebates with this trustworthy company.

Lightning Solar we’re fantastic

Lightning solar we’re fantastic to deal with and very professional. 2 teams arrived together, 1 for all the pa Les on the roof and 1 for the Tesla battery, yet they all had the same uniform and worked seamlessly together. The job was done well and they did a great job cleaning up after themselves.
I highly recommend Lightning Solar from Clayton.

Highly recommend Lightning Solar and Electrical

Very happy with Lightning Solar & Electric Team installed 6.6kw system.
Thanks to Luke and his team . Special Sale person Sam very helpful in choose right solar package . From their a very systematic workflow and great communication about the process and smooth installation. High recommend because of in house-electrician and strong tech team working on your house roof

Happy with the system so far

Reading reviews and calling another customer lead me to the decision to go with Lightning solar. That didn't disappoint. Sam from the sales team was very responsive and answered all the questions I had. Ali came for the installation on the agreed date( although I was promised Luke) However he and his team did a very good job. Took all the rubbish with them and there was nearly no mess. There was a little issue after the install as there was a setting to be adjusted from the inverter. Luke was very proactive and sent a technician within 2 days of the call. My system is connected to the Grid and working as expected now. I guess it's too early to tell if there will be any issues or not, however so far so good. I must mention Malalay, the co-coordinator for the solar setup. Her after sales service was excellent and she went beyond to help me out with my Electricity distributor, AGL. That saved me lots of time and headaches. Thanks Lightning solar for your efforts. Show additional information

Professional Service with Best Quality

Went ahead with Lightning Solar and Electrical and didn't disappoint. Thanks to the whole team, from Sales, Install Coord and the Installer. Be careful with who you install with. Next door neighbour just had solar installed and the quality is bad. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lightning Solar. Show additional information

Quick, helpful and competitive

Quote was painless and detailed, stacked up very well against multiple other quotes. Only thing I had to do was fill out an online portal for rebate, forwarded to them on Friday and they were out that next Monday installing. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Good experience

They are good. Solar system was delivered and installed as per contract. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Very friendly and helpful from start to finish. The system is performing well even though it is currently winter. Salesman excellent. Customer service excellent. Installation solid and punctual. Wondering how much our electricity bill will be next quarter? Show additional information

Too early to tell, long wait for connection

Was installed first week in April. On installation was told the amount of panels quoted would not fit on roof. Still waiting connection time even know if it worth the money. I had to call as the connection process was not correct.
Hope to have it in working order to know.

Hi Kailtin

I am sorry to hear your experience was any less than excellent.

We do our best to fit all the panels on the roof but sometimes when on site this isn’t possible as we have to keep the panels 200mm from the ridge and gutter to comply with regs. If we don’t comply it will fail inspection and the panels will have to be removed later.

Regarding the delays with your grid connection, we can’t lodge the paperwork until after the electrical inspector has come and we have no control over that. He took nearly two weeks to arrive and then we lodged the paperwork straight after. Any delays from the retailer are unfortunately beyond our control as well. A 1 month turn around for this process is completely normal.

If you have any other issues I advise you call the office and we will be happy to help.

Very satisfied solar and Tesla battery system installation

I’d got many quotes over the years and finally took the plunge. I got 3 new quotes and Lightning Solar weren’t the cheapest, but they offered the best value and the best bang for buck with real professionalism. I’d recommend Luke and his team. The installation looks good, neat etc and best of all, it works really well. They cleaned up well after themselves too. Show additional information

Excellent Team & Highly Recommended

Excellent team...very smooth process from quotation stage by Sam R. to the actual installation led by Luke....Quick response and great customer service! And most of all, Solar system package is very competitive...Thanks and great job, guys! I highly recommend Lightning Solar & Electrical ... Show additional information

Great Installation with awesome team

Lightning solar very organise right from the start .They have great works like Sam Malalia head by the Luke who came out for installation.
I love there prices.
They did a great job by selling me 6.6 kw.
We got Longi and Growatt.
Me and my husband is very happy and definitely would like to recommend more people to the company.

Great service from start to finish.

The quote came on time, with follow up and changes I requested.
Dam was very helpful and knowlegeable.
the installation was booked fast and the whole process was much easier than expected.
Already recommended their service to a couple friends and all were more than happy with the whole process ant the outcome.
I would not hesitate to reccomend their service to anyone looking to install solar system.

Very happy with the job

Lightning Solar were quick to contact me when I submitted a request for quotes and they helped me get a great system for a reasonable price, beating the other two quotes. Everyone I have dealt with from Malalay in the office, Sam in Sales, Project Manager Luke and his team of installers, has been friendly and helpful. They also provide post-installation support if I have any questions. Great job, thanks! Show additional information

Excellent. Thank You.

Everything was great from quote through installation and organising the setup afterwards. Show additional information

Excellent Solar System Installation

I’m extremely happy with the solar system deal I received from the company called ‘Lightning Solar and Electrical’ my experiences with them was amazing especially the customer service I received from Malalay really helped me with finding answers for all the queries I had, even after the solar system was installed I called the office and after service was great! Luke and the whole installation team was very professional and helpful and they knew exactly what needs to be done. I am so happy I selected this company. Thank you for the great work! Keep It up! ‘Highly Recommended’ Show additional information

Excellent to deal with and great value

Customer service was excellent, I was kept informed through the whole process.
Difficulties with lack of switchboard space and requiring export limiter were also stealth with efficiently

Great Customer Service

From the day one of contacting Lightning Solar my experiences with them was excellent. Malalay Sam helped me with finding answers for many questions i had, even after the solar was installed i called the office and after service was great! Luke was friendly and helpful knew what needs to be done. I selected this company reading reviews and I should say I am very happy I selected this company. Thank you for the great work! Show additional information

Very quick to give me a quote and updates provided as requested. Fast response to emails. Install within 2 weeks, took about 3 hours to install everything. Show additional information

Great experience

We had a very positive experience with Lightning Solar. They worked quickly and efficiently to get a quote to us, and they were cheaper than the competition (as well as more polite). They were also happy to take multiple calls from us when talking through the ins and outs of the system, the rebate application process and logistics of installation. Once we decided to go with them, and sent through the deposit, they installed within two weeks, working on a public holiday no less. The team was hard working, enthusiastic and efficient. Show additional information

Quality system and good installation

Everything was done as agreed and discussed in detail prior to installation. Cameron, Malalay, Luke and team were very good and efficient during the whole process. Still not yet connected to the grid as I understand the process takes a bit of time. I will vouch for Lightning Solar by word of mouth. Show additional information

Easy to deal with experienced Solar company. Excellent installer!

The quote process was fast and very competitive price.
Helped with the organisation of a new meter
Very prompt in installing once new meter registered
Organised inspection and notification to distributer and retailer efficiently
All round great operators and would not hesitate to recommend

Great from start to finish!

Great communication from start to finish. Every person in contact with us had a customer focused attitude and I was really impressed with installation team. Follow-up after installation was great and requirements for connection to grid was clearly explained. Definitely would recommend! Show additional information

Excellent fast service, good communications, and value for money.

Excellent fast service, good communications, and value for money. They went above and beyond and got the solar installed during the holidays. Regular updated and transparent communications from the teams.
1. Sam from Sales Team was transparent on what I was getting and options available.
2. Malalay (Installation co-ordinator) was polite, courteous and effective in regular communications, organising installation on the promised date and follow-ups to check on service quality.

Good job on a tricky install

I had solar installed on 3 roof faces and an old system removed. The team were on time, friendly and worked really well. I didn't have the easiest install, 3 roof faces, internal switchboard, smart sensor install and the removal of the old system. Luke and the team were great and nothing was too big a burden. They set up the inverter software and the smart sensor and overall I'm happy.

Points to note if you are new to having solar installed, make sure you have plenty of spare roof tiles (if your house is tiled). I had to buy new tiles on the day (when they pulled tile I could use as a sample).

A seamless experience all the way through

Lightning Solar and Electrical were the first guys that contacted me and the ones that made me feel the most comfortable and confident with my choice out of other options.

Other installers that called would guilt me into signing up on the spot and/or showing images of houses burning down in effort to persuade me.

From sales to install, these guys were quick to address and were patient with any concerns I had. The result was a cleanly designed and built system. As my inverter was placed outdoors, I was impressed that these guys offered to mount a cover that I had purchased separately to protect it from direct sunlight even though they are designed to be outdoors.

All in all, couldn’t recommend these guys enough. Really happy with service and best of all the overall result!

Good system

Helpful sales team, installers turned up on time and it is all working well.
Left some zip ties and packaging around the yard that I had to pick up.