Lightning Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Lightning Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Lightning Solar and Electrical
Silver Partner
Lightning Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 15 622 641 552  ABN active since 09 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
ACN: 622 641 552  ACN active since 03 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
VIC: REC 26806 Lightning Solar & Electrical

Reviewers report paying: $2,700 - $9,112 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Lightning solar originally started under the business name LMC Electrical in 2012. They began as 1 electrician as a sole trader and then became a registered company in 2017. They have since gone through massive growth to become a bigger company and now have a head office in Melbourne. They currently do installations in Melbourne as well as Brisbane and Adelaide.

Lightning solar pride themselves on that fact the company is Australian owned and ran by electricians not marketing types looking to cash in on the solar boom. They make sure every installation is 100% compliant and have a huge focus on customer service.

They have a large amount of experience with residential solar as well as commercial projects and solar battery installation.

Lightning solar is current a CEC approved retailer which means they have made a commitment to honour the Solar Code of Conduct.

They only employ CEC accredited electricians to run their installation teams to make sure the quality of work is second to none!

Lightning Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Good job on a tricky install

I had solar installed on 3 roof faces and an old system removed. The team were on time, friendly and worked really well. I didn't have the easiest install, 3 roof faces, internal switchboard, smart sensor install and the removal of the old system. Luke and the team were great and nothing was too big a burden. They set up the inverter software and the smart sensor and overall I'm happy.

Points to note if you are new to having solar installed, make sure you have plenty of spare roof tiles (if your house is tiled). I had to buy new tiles on the day (when they pulled tile I could use as a sample).

A seamless experience all the way through

Lightning Solar and Electrical were the first guys that contacted me and the ones that made me feel the most comfortable and confident with my choice out of other options.

Other installers that called would guilt me into signing up on the spot and/or showing images of houses burning down in effort to persuade me.

From sales to install, these guys were quick to address and were patient with any concerns I had. The result was a cleanly designed and built system. As my inverter was placed outdoors, I was impressed that these guys offered to mount a cover that I had purchased separately to protect it from direct sunlight even though they are designed to be outdoors.

All in all, couldn’t recommend these guys enough. Really happy with service and best of all the overall result!

Good system

Helpful sales team, installers turned up on time and it is all working well.
Left some zip ties and packaging around the yard that I had to pick up.

Great customer service, good value

Great service excellent value and very quick and tidy installation crew Show additional information

Knowledgeable installer

Sales was easy to deal with. installation was punctual and tidy. Show additional information

Excellent

Lightning did a great job. Sam’s sales support was very good, despite me faffing around and making him provide multiple quotes, and the price was extremely competitive. The installation guys turned up on time, were courteous, and did neat high-quality work. During my long electrical engineering career I supervised lots of electrical installation work, so I feel my judgement carries weight, and I highly recommend them. Show additional information

Good installation

Sales and quoting process went well. The guys were knowledgeable and polite / not pushy. Installation went well / all done in about 3 hours or so and they organised all the steps to get the feedin to the grid with the energy retailer. If I had to find anything to be picky about; one request for a bit of information was never responded to, and the installation for a couple of the panels on the front of the house had the barcodes showing and the ugly isolation switch displayed prominently.. but I'm not losing sleep over either of those things. Show additional information

Great Aussie Work!

They came on time, the work is beautifully installed. All workmen are nice and polite. Luke is friendly and helpful with my queries. All Australian workman who you can communicate. Keep up the good work guys. Show additional information

Great so far.

Only just installed so be a while til an electricity bill come in to see the financial result.
Couple important facts to note for people considering solar.
1 ... cannot sell back to grid as there are already enough customers selling back. And it can cost up to extra $700. More for export limiter depending on the inverter brand.
2 .... the inverter once again depending on brand , if not installed close to WiFi may incur more expense.

Great support and owner will look after you.

They provide design and decision support the whole process, very accommodating. Show additional information

Will be recommending to friends and family

Excellent value. Installers are promp and polite. They made my tile replacement easy for me as I did not have any spare roof tile.

Happy with the unit the I got. Was surpized on how efficient it can be on a good day. Looking forward for my next electricity bill!

I will be recommending to friends and family.

Easy to deal with. Prompt service

Quote was competitive compared to other providers. Installation was done as promised. Happy with the result. Recommended Show additional information

Highly recommended installer

Luke was helpful in giving a solid price for the panels and inverter. Excellent customer service before and after sales. Final inspection done now awaiting for grid connection Show additional information

Great system design & well-priced

Luke at Lightning Solar was fantastic - very proactive in his communication and he also listened to what we wanted and came up with a solution that met our needs.
Even though we had a delay getting the Vic solar rebate through, he was still able to squeeze the installation in before Christmas (with really just a few days notice). Amazing!
We contacted 4 companies - one never came back to us with a solution that met our needs. Of the 3 remaining quotes, Lightning was best priced. But it was also the speed and minimal fuss in how it was done that made us pick them, not just the lower cost.
Our only gripe was a very minor one - Luke had departed for his family holiday so was not able to attend, so we had installers asking my wife questions like “how many panels are you getting?” when clearly they should‘ve had that info. They were also a little messy (a few roofing screws and cut cable ties left lying around), but as I said minor issues - I would definitely recommend Lightning Solar to anyone interested.

Got what was promised

They made the whole prosess easy right from the first phone call and guided us through the setup. I got quick response to inquiries and instillation happened quickly. Happy so far . Show additional information

Great price, easy to deal with, great work !

He was on time and everything went very smooth, his first price was better than all other quotes we had, after sales help has also been awesome! we have also had them install a system for a family member as well because they were so good. Show additional information

Very Satisfied Customer

Very pleased with our installation. I didn’t know much at the start and Luke and his team were very helpful and patient through the whole process.

The team were punctual on the day of the install and were knowledgeable and friendly.

Would highly recommend them.

Excellent installer and overall great experience!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend lightning solar to anyone who asks.
The whole process was easy from sales to installation! The sales person was very helpful with my questions and the installation team were super efficient and worked great onsite.
The scheduling for installation was great too with flexible times and they were very accomodating!

Excellent team!

Guys turned up on time. Completed 6.3kw installation in 4.5 hours. Luke manages the crew in a great way. Cheers. Show additional information

Hardworking & Honest

Would strongly recommend them to anyone that's looking for a good solar proposal and installation. Day 1 gave me a quote, followed by assisting me in sorting out the procedures. Once this was sorted, installation appointment was set in the following week. Came on time, installed the panels efficiently eventhough the weather wasn't good. Still in the process of organising grid connection, hopefully will be sorted soon. Highly recommend Solar Lightning (Luke) for your solar needs. Show additional information

Helpful throughout the process. Neat install.

Quick to quote, very helpful explaining the products and process. They helped me the whole way through getting all the paperwork sorted.
On time, neat and tidy work.

Solar Installation

From start to finish dealing with Lightning Solar & Electrical was seamless. From the sales quoting process, to the back office and then finally the installation, they were all done in a timely and professional manner Show additional information

Amazing work.

Quoting process was smooth .The team is very helpful and always available to answer any queries.
The installing was quick and clean. The guys rocked up on time and finished their work within the day

Grid connection was completed on time. Realistic time frames were given by the company and they met all their given time frames.