Lightning Solar and Electrical Reviews

About Lightning Solar and Electrical, Solar Installers

Lightning Solar and Electrical
Gold Partner
Lightning Solar and Electrical is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 15 622 641 552  ABN active since 09 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
ACN: 622 641 552  ACN active since 03 Nov 2017 | Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
QLD: 87194 Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 308861 Lmc Electrical Solutions Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 26806 Lightning Solar & Electrical

Reviewers report paying: $2,000 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Lightning solar originally started under the business name LMC Electrical in 2012. They began as 1 electrician as a sole trader and then became a registered company in 2017. They have since gone through massive growth to become a bigger company and now have a head office in Melbourne. They currently do installations in Melbourne as well as Brisbane and Adelaide.

Lightning solar pride themselves on that fact the company is Australian owned and ran by electricians not marketing types looking to cash in on the solar boom. They make sure every installation is 100% compliant and have a huge focus on customer service.

They have a large amount of experience with residential solar as well as commercial projects and solar battery installation.

Lightning solar is current a CEC approved retailer which means they have made a commitment to honour the Solar Code of Conduct.

They only employ CEC accredited electricians to run their installation teams to make sure the quality of work is second to none!

Lightning Solar and Electrical Solar Reviews

Trouble Free Installation

Quoting process was straightforward and prompt, they understood what I wanted.
Great installation team, on time, very friendly, very clean installation, nothing left behind.
Customer service, very friendly. Had to prompt them for an installation date but ended up being less than 4 weeks from contract signing.
Installation was inspected OK 10 working days from install date and grid connection organised promptly after that. All applicable paperwork, warranties etc emailed straight away. There was a slight problem with the QR code, not sure if that was a Solar Victoria or Lightning problem but was easily sorted and didn't cause any delay.
Very happy so far, large amounts of power being generated each day in line with expectations.

Very organised and helpful

The quoting of the job was good and helpful in answering those silly questions and gave good advice on the best options for what I wanted. Was honest.

The installers were great and turned up when they said they would. Did the work without any fuss and the work was very well done.

Good customer service - turn around was excellent on question and explanation of process and had the system up and running within a 2 month of the quote including all grid connection etc.

Very happy with speed, installers, quality and price.

Very informative discussion and quote before moving forward with a contract. The installers came about 2 weeks after I after I booked them in- 3 guys that were on time, communicated well and did a great job. They also worked around a skylight and stovepipe with no issues.
The company looks after everything including organising the gov inspection of the panels (which occurred rapidly as they submitted all the paperwork within a day). Also the connection with the network was included in the price, and occurred quickly.
From booking to the solar panels creating power and the grid registering it, took less than 4 weeks.
The price of the unit was about $7k, but came down to about $3k after all rebates applied- which is what I paid the company. No issues with getting rebates with this trustworthy company.

Excellent, prompt, friendly, courteous, helpful, very professional and A1 services overall. Highly recommended.

Lightning Solar organized the 3rd party inspection. Now awaiting for the inspection and the grid connection. Show additional information

Happy customer - Great Admin Team & Installation Team

After a few quotes from different solar companies we decided to go with Lightning Solar & Electrical.
Cameron Taylor was awesome and had great knowledge in the solar aspect. Cameron had patience because we couldn't decide between the budget option and the premium even though both would be saving is money.
We asked cameron if he could provide us with the 2 different quotes for budget and premium for a 6.6kw system.
After long discussions with the wife I asked Cameron so many questions that was making me doubt because there is a price difference with the budget and premium. Cameron explained the differences between the 2 options and it made me really decide which option would be suit our solar needs in the long run.
So we decided to pay the extra difference and go with the premium equipment. Fronius and Q-cells.
Filled in all the required paperwork to get the ball rolling in the 1st week of June and then COVID RESTRICTIONS. This put everything on hold for about 6 months and during this covid times we were able to save a little bit more money to put into the solar system.
Then in the 1st week of December when the RESTRICTIONS were slightly lifted I get a follow up phone call from Cameron and explained that they were restricted from any install during the COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. ????
Now they were open for business he asked if we still wanted to go ahead with our solar install and I happily said yes. ????
So Cameron sent a updated quote because the QCell panels have changed to higher wattage. I filled in all the required forms again and applied for the government rebate and loan. Then the following week I got the SolarVic approval and the whole solar installation was booked in the following week. I was so happy they were able to install before the christmas period. ????????
The install team came and arrived on time and the whole installation was completed on the day.
Ali Kadour was the Accredited Installer and he was great and very polite. We both agreed to install the inverter inside my garage to protect it from the outside weather elements from wear & tear! Also it was placed near the internet wifi for better App stability and I highly recommend this because I haven't had any issue with my app at all! ????
Ali tested the system and everything was working great. Ali explained the inverter functions and how it works, also explained the functions of the Fronius App!
Just a heads up about the Fronius cooling fan is a bit loud so I would recommend you decide to put it away from bedrooms and lounge rooms. Our garage was the best place and we have gotten use to the sound and I like the sound because I know my inverter is generating and working properly.
Overall I am so proud with my new solar investment and with the fronius app I can check how much I'm generating and how much I am using from the grid! Brilliant App!
I would like to thank the whole team:
Cameron, Aarzoo, Malalay, Luke Cove, Christopher and the Installation Team for such a smooth transition and great workmanship.
Very Happy Customer

Good installation and production, however poor communication/administration

Excellent installation team, very happy with the end product and crew that installed this in a timely fashion on the day.

However a skylight was cracked and temporarily repaired on the day (installation team made us aware and said the company would order a replacement).

6 weeks later (consideration for Christmas shutdown) despite multiple attempts/chase ups with lightening solar we are still waiting for an ETA on replacement skylight. Sub standard administrative follow up.

Hi Liz

Thanks for you review.

We agree the delay with waiting the skylight that was cracked on installation day has been too long. Our team ordered this through a local company on the day (not long before christmas) and were told it will take a few weeks. We followed it up 3 times and were told it was on back order every time. This was pushed back further by the Australia day long weekend. After the long weekend called them and they informed us they had lost the order and we would need to place the order again. We have given you multiple updates on the situation throughout this time via email, we feel your comment on customer service should be directed to the skylight company who lost the order not us as the situation was beyond out control.

Lightning Solar Team

Professional Service

I decided to go with Lightning Solar & Electrical after reviewing a few quotes from Solarquotes. I initially communicated with Ben and received quotes and advice regarding the selection of the system in June 2020. But due to the lockdown I only managed to have it installed in December 2020. Ben was kind enough to keep my initial quotes.
I am totally satisfied with the service provided by the admin side, especially Aarzoo, who communicated with me frequently to ensure the installation process was smooth going. As I was working on the day of installation, and my wife was home alone, Aarzoo managed to get the installers to buy the replacement roof tiles. A special thanks for that.
I must also thank LSE to overwrite the extra charge due to the difference between the loan and the rebate.
For now, i am totally satisfied with service provided by LSE. I would surely recommend this company to my family and friends.

A big YES, top service, value for money and ease of dealing - installation yesterday.

I love leaving this review.. It might be a little early, because I just had the Sungrow and 18 LONGi panels installed yesterday, but so far, great to work with Ben, Cameron and Kade.

I obtained the quotes via SolarQuotes, and all offers were good. I did my spreadsheet and checked off everything, including all the small T&Cs, which were actually very clear with Lightning Solar and Electrical.... and they were very happy to field questions/clarify anything.

On the equipment, going by further information from the Solarquotes website, I rated them the best along with another supplier, but the other supplier was quite expensive and.... to my surprise LSE was the cheapest. This expensive supplier came back with different equipment but LSE came out on top without a question.

My installation seemed to be fairly straight forward and Ben (National Sales Mgr) said that any details of confirming / slightly changing the positioning of panels and determining where the inverter should go, could be worked out on the installation day.

It only took 9 days between signing and installation, which was yesterday.

The electricians who did the installation, Cameron and Kade, arrived early and were focused on the job, not rushed and obviously out there to provide a top quality installation. We decided to install the inverter outside, as the garage was not well ventilated perhaps on a hot day.... So I went out to get an awning to put over the inverter, which they kindly installed as well.

I also asked if the panel would be better off a little further to the south than in the original design, because of the slight chance of a tree casting some shade in winter. This discussed and there was no problem installing them a little further south.

Cameron ran me through how it all worked and gave me the paperwork, they cleaned everything up and they obviously have a good working relationship, because after everything was cleaned up, they were still chatting outside the gate for a bit before they left.

Of what I can see is that they did a very neat job, were great to deal with and now Ben and I are dealing with getting the back end of the paperwork and connection sorted.

I can only highly recommend them - great guys delivering great work, but we still have to finalise a few things to get fully operational.

Hubertien

Professional, prompt and Efficient

Overall, I was very pleased with this company and the service provided! A special mention needs to given to the sales person Sam, who was exceptional with all his communication and was a major reason why I chose to go with this company. The team that arrived for installation were professional and discussed with me everything they were doing. The only fault I had, and this is being very bit nit-picky, was how there was a drink bottle left on my roof and also there were tiny silver filling pieces (I am guessing from unpacking the solar panels) all over my drive way which I spent about a hour sweeping up.

The only negative experience I had is to do with communication with the administration team. I felt that I had to prompt them for answers, such as installation dates especially after restrictions were lifted. This is understandable as I know they were probably very busy given the large volume of installations that are going on during the pandemic. But after the positive experience I had with Sam, who would always immediately call back and even answer my calls on weekends, my expectation was set very high.

Professional, Prompt, Polite and Punctual.

Lightning Solar and Electrical are very professional. I had them install Solar panels for both my parents and my son's in-laws. Very happy with the sales rep.. I asked many questions and he was prompt and obliging. The installers were fantastic. Arrived when they said they would. Seemed to have a very good understanding of what they had to do. Show additional information

Quick response, short wait time and quality works. Thanks a lot for your help.

Short waiting time, quality workmanship, good service. Thanks for that Show additional information

Honest, competent, installers

I contacted Lightning Solar on the recommendation of a friend who had used them. Salesman Ben Cox was knowledgeable and not pushy. A written quote arrived by email shortly after our discussion.
Once I had decided to go ahead, only Melbourne’s lockdown slowed things down. Within a week of the end of lockdown, Ali and his team were on our roof. Miserable, wet weather made their job hard, but they pushed on and finished, producing a good, neat installation.
Inspection was a formality, all paperwork was finalized and forwarded to our power retailer. Good result. Easy people to deal with, no problems, and everything we hoped for in the system meets expectations. Highly recommended.

Quality system and good installation

Everything was done as agreed and discussed in detail prior to installation. Cameron, Malalay, Luke and team were very good and efficient during the whole process. Still not yet connected to the grid as I understand the process takes a bit of time. I will vouch for Lightning Solar by word of mouth. Show additional information

Excellent experience

I had Lightning Solar install a 15.275KW Three phase tier 1 system at my home. This was a difficult and challenging job with a two story house and a steeply pitched roof. It also involved multiple sections of the roof so some intricate wiring and to top it all off they had to install a new Three phase sub board as my main board was full.

Luke, Ben, Danny and the team did an excellent job. I was impressed with how hard they worked and how they didn't take any shortcuts.
Because of the size of the job and the time involved there were some unforeseen obstacles but the installers lead by Danny made sure they worked late and came back to make sure it was not only completed but completed to a very high standard...and believe me when I say I am hard to please.

I am thrilled with the result and the service and it was all still done at competitive price.

I would highly recommend Lightning Solar to anyone thinking of installing a system.

The team made me feel at ease with a complex installation.

As a landlord, I wanted systems for two low income households. The Lightning Solar team helped me through all stages of the process including the Vic Solar rebate procedures. Installation was a little complex because of roof area limitations. After delays due to Covid; installation, inspection and final paperwork were made easy by competent staff. I am now assisting tenants with grid connection. I look forward to extremely happy tenants. Show additional information

Greedy Company and not respecting customer

I waited for 3 months to install my solar after all paperwork approved. I got an email from them that they are not any longer doing double-storey installations due to Worksafe restriction. Waste of 3 months and I need to go through all the process again.
Very angry and disappointed.

The rating 1 is all about customer service throughout the process which it was Nil.
How can they make your customer to go through the approval and cancelled them because of your greed and give me the nonsense of Worksafe?
They knew it from the beginning it’s a double-storey and they knew that they have to abide by Worksafe regulation, especially since 30th of November 2018 due to death of a 21 years old solar installer.
One sentence describes this company.
GREEDY, NO RESPECT FOR CUSTOMER AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hi Rod

It's a real shame to see you have given a 1 star rating. We really feel like this review is not a true reflection of our business and work.

Unfortunately, the reason why you had to wait so long was due to stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne during covid-19 which was out of our control. We had originally quoted you a very competitive price based on the OH&S advice given to us from Worksafe Victoria and Solar Victoria throughout the year that it is safe to assemble edge protection from a harness.

Since the lockdown ended we have had worksafe inspectors come to our sites 3 times and instruct we are no longer allowed to work within 1.5 of a live edge from a harness. This means every double storey requires a scaffold or scissor lift. Worksafe even went as far as threatening our director with criminal charges if we did not comply with the new expectations.

Again, I would like to stress that this is completely out of our control. These are new restrictions in place by Worksafe which we have to abide by to continue doing business. We were left with no choice but to respectfully decline to do your installation and refund your deposit due to not wanting to breach any laws with Worksafe Victoria or Solar Victoria.

it's really disappointing to see you have left us a negative review although we did not proceed with your installation. We understand your frustration and have also felt annoyed by these new restrictions as well. We hope that you may change your mind with this review as it is not a true representation of our business.

Good Service and amazing panels !

Couldn’t be happier with the service from lightning solar team. I believe that this company will honour the workmanship warranty post installation for years and take care of their customers. Special thanks to Ben , Luke and the rest of the team . Cheers Show additional information

Very happy customers

This company was recommended to us by our daughter who used them earlier this year. Prompt and helpful service. Their advice very helpful in choosing the right system for our needs. Quick to respond to queries. Installation went smoothly. Show additional information

Very professional and excellent workmanship

We decided to go with Lighting Solar and Electrical and are very happy with the system they provided.The install was done to a high standard of professionalism .
Right from the quote to the installation we didnt have any problems .Malalay from customer service was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for solar .

Seemless installation

Initially there were delays on lightning solar's end in uploading the quote to Vic Solar. However, the installation was quick and professional. Show additional information

A Job Well done.

I got their contact through a friend of mine who had a system installed earlier in the year.
It was a very easy transaction with my solar installation. Everything from quote to install was completed within a week. Only thing I would mention as far as installation is that panels were not installed in the same location on the roof as per the quote. They had to shift some panels to a different part of the roof and did not mention this to me at the time of install. I am fully satisfied with the explanation that the nail line on the roof did not match with the panel install and they had to shift them whilst installing. A minor detail but worth mentioning in my opinion
The customer service was excellent. Everything was organized for commissioning of the system hassle free. My contacts Ben and Malalay were great. every time I called Ben answered including Sundays.

Satisfied Customer

My love for renewables found me Solar Quotes which then got me linked with Lightning Solar.
My Roof space being limited and having to lay panels in multiple orientations made we very anxious and me being an engineer, I wanted to get involved in the entire process. I did have few issues during the quoting process, probably due to me changing my mind many times but Luke finally managed to satisfy all my requirements and gave me what I was after.

The salesmen Sam said that a site visit is not necessary even after I had requested for one and this is one thing i didn't like about the process since the installers had to change the panel layout slightly on the day of the install which i would have known earlier if a site visit was done.

Their price was not the cheapest but also not the most expensive and therefore I can say that the system was reasonably priced. The installation was scheduled 6 weeks from quote acceptance. The team rocked up on time and did a neat job. They explained what they were planning to do and did not leave a mess after the installation.

Throughout most of the process I was in touch with Malalay, who in my opinion was the best to deal with. She was very efficient to answer calls, reply emails, provide information and helped me a lot during the grid connection process which took longer than other people due to few complications with AusNet. She was always customer focused and was professional in her work ethic which i appreciate very much.

Overall Lightining Solar did a good job with my Solar Installation. Thank you Solar Quotes for recommendation and Thank you Lightning Solar for the good work !!!

Great purchase

Easy to deal with. Personable sales team and friendly installation team. Happy with the cost as well. Show additional information

All round great company to use for Solar

7.92 kW System- 24 x QCell G5 330-Duo panels with Huawei SUN2000 -65KTL Inverter
Lightning gave good straight advice ( no b/s ).
Price was competitive to others and system installed timely. Producing good kV's
Great communication and customer service, always response to my queries/questions.

Skilled and trustworthy installers!

Luke from Lightning Solar gave me the best quote by far on a Tesla Battery and always responded to my calls and enquiries even after installation and payment were finalised. His installation team were punctual, friendly and efficient and made a real effort to make sure I was happy with aspects like battery location etc. They also organised the grid connection and set up the Tesla app for me, which I found really helpful. But what most impressed me was their after-care when there was an issue. Luke's team came out the next day and fixed it even though it turned out that the problem wasn't their fault. I would highly recommend Luke and his team. Show additional information

Sam, Luke and Malalay was very helpful as a team and were well coordinated. Installed on time and did a great job. Show additional information

Smooth process from start to end

My whole experience with Lightning has been smooth from sales to connection to the grid.

The sales guy (Cameron) was very approachable and helpful during the quote, happily answering all my questions and concerns while tailoring a system to my needs. Lighting's quote wasn't the cheapest (nor the most expensive) but ultimately I chose Lightning because they used an in-house electrician rather than a subcontractor.

Malalay, who organised the installation date and grid connection, was great too. Lightning were able to schedule an install within weeks (which ultimately proved timely given stage 4 lock down was imminent).

Everything on installation day went smoothly as well. Luke, the electrician, was very accommodating and considerate, he even held off from the noisy drilling due to a sleeping baby and helped organise replacement tiles because I wasn't able to leave the house while caring for my daughter. They were very tidy and cleaned up after themselves.

In regards to the grid connection, Lightning handled all the paperwork. All I had to do was choose a new plan and what feed-in tariff I wanted with my electricity company.

Powerpal is reporting that my daily usage has halved which is amazing for winter.

Highly recommended.

Good Solar at reasonable price

Quote process was straightforward and they answered any questions quickly. Installation took the better part of a day and went ahead without issue. Minimal interaction was needed from our side, and they did a site visit to ensure the solar would fit properly on our roof. Show additional information

Professional, from initial contact onwards

Luke contacted me within hours of my request to Solar Quotes. We discussed options available for panels and inverters and proposal was based on my selection. Proposal was emailed to me immediately and clearly explained the offering both technically and commercially.The processes for STCs and Vic Gov Rebate and Solar Loan scheme were clearly explained. Arranged site visit to confirm installation details.
Malalay phoned to arrange installation and confirmed information required to complete application for Rebate and Loan.
Ali and his installation team arrived punctually on the agreed date. Ali suggested a minor variation to panel layout to improve both performance and appearance. The work was conducted efficiently neatly, and cleanly. All members of the team were polite and adhered to Vic COVID-19 protocols (installation took place on Day1 of mandatory masks). The independent Inspector commented on the neatness of the installation on the roof.
Malalay has since submitted relevant paperwork to our Retailer to complete the process.
I would definitely recommend Lightning Solar

Okay

All good with the exception that they changed the string configuration without telling me before they did it. Originally- 13 x 370w panels north facing + 5 x 370w panels east facing. Installed 12 x 370w panels north facing + 5 x 370w panels east facing & 1 x 370w panel north facing. Show additional information

Fantastic, easy and helpful to deal with

The entire process from start to finish was very straight forward and easy. Not once did I feel pressured like I did with some other companies that I had spoken with.
I would definitely recommend this company.

Sam

Sales quoting and instalation is good.
But the customer service is not very good.
System switch ON by inspector yesterday.

Still my fronius app don't work and can't monitor the system. I inquired about this from installer,but haven't got a good answer.

Hi Sugath. I am glad to hear your happy with the quoting, sales and installation.

Regarding the customer service. Malalay has spoken to you over the phone and via email 24 times pre and post installation to make sure the process runs smoothly, i'm surprised to hear you think our customer service is bad but we will take it on board.

Also with the wifi, it was set up on the day but Fronius requires you to personally create an account before we give you access, you didn't do this while we were on site so we had to shut the system down till the inspector came and do it after.

The inspector has now signed off the job on Wednesday and I have sent access to the solar web portal to you today on Friday.

Luke

Great installer, great service

Contact with the sales rep was excellent, any questions I had were answered quickly. The quotation itself was very clear, no unnecessary fluff. Phone calls were quickly answered at every stage.

Installers were extremely efficient. It was a good sized team and they worked quickly but didn’t cut corners. The site lead told me what was going to happen when they arrived initially and kept me informed of what was happening when. No surprises, no issues. Clean up was great - I checked the rooftop as well. No scraps were left behind.

Overall customer service with the installer was top quality in my opinion. Everyone I spoke to knew their stuff. Of particular note: I had some issues with the setup of an app for tracking solar input. Seems I made mid-step when setting it up. Sales rep followed up and tried to help. When he couldn’t, he had a member of the support team (from the solar inverters manufacturer) get in touch with me and walk me through the setup. Everything worked in the end but it indicates that Lightning Solar go the extra distance to make sure their customers are happy.

Overall I was happy with the entire process.

Professional, great value and efficient

Everything was done according to plan, and considered my preferences with regard to the installation. Great design that made better use of the available roof space than other quotes.
Great value install.

Excellent Installation

The quotes that I received were very professional and extensive and the companies were more than happy to respond to my questions.

The installation team were punctual and polite. As they needed to access the interior of my house, they took extra care to minimize mess and keep everything tidy.

They made a modification to the layout of the panels to achieve better coverage and explained what they were doing and the reasons for the change, which will benefit me.

They took time to explain the inverter controls and connections and have organised the grid connection.

Excellent service and I am very happy with the results.

Nice solar installation

I was impressed by the installation team as they were punctual ,very professional, and they cleaned and tidy up before they left. Overall I am happy with their service Show additional information
The response from all three companies that provided quotes was good, but Lightning Solar was the best of the three in response and price. I found them easy to deal with throughout the quoting, installation and post installation process.

Lightning Solar have their own teams of installers; install was not subcontracted and Luke followed up quickly regarding questions I had on the install.
Installation was a 5.6kw Enphase solution (16 panels) with 3 different roof areas, 2 on lower storey and 1 on upper storey.
Work commenced and was completed on the same day.

Paperwork followup good as have been contacted by electricity retailer just over 2 weeks after install. This included almost a week waiting for the 3rd party electrical review.

Recommend

Easy to deal with and fast install. I highly recommend Show additional information

All good

Installer they all doing job properly
Clean up all the mess

The best company to deal with

Really helpful company. From the sales person to guys that installed the system really do there job great. No delays and professional all done and installed within two weeks. Show additional information

Streamline Process

Easy to talk to and informative over the phone followed by punctual and straight forward installation. Show additional information

Lightning Solar we’re fantastic

Lightning solar we’re fantastic to deal with and very professional. 2 teams arrived together, 1 for all the pa Les on the roof and 1 for the Tesla battery, yet they all had the same uniform and worked seamlessly together. The job was done well and they did a great job cleaning up after themselves.
I highly recommend Lightning Solar from Clayton.

Highly recommend Lightning Solar and Electrical

Very happy with Lightning Solar & Electric Team installed 6.6kw system.
Thanks to Luke and his team . Special Sale person Sam very helpful in choose right solar package . From their a very systematic workflow and great communication about the process and smooth installation. High recommend because of in house-electrician and strong tech team working on your house roof

Happy with the system so far

Reading reviews and calling another customer lead me to the decision to go with Lightning solar. That didn't disappoint. Sam from the sales team was very responsive and answered all the questions I had. Ali came for the installation on the agreed date( although I was promised Luke) However he and his team did a very good job. Took all the rubbish with them and there was nearly no mess. There was a little issue after the install as there was a setting to be adjusted from the inverter. Luke was very proactive and sent a technician within 2 days of the call. My system is connected to the Grid and working as expected now. I guess it's too early to tell if there will be any issues or not, however so far so good. I must mention Malalay, the co-coordinator for the solar setup. Her after sales service was excellent and she went beyond to help me out with my Electricity distributor, AGL. That saved me lots of time and headaches. Thanks Lightning solar for your efforts. Show additional information

Professional Service with Best Quality

Went ahead with Lightning Solar and Electrical and didn't disappoint. Thanks to the whole team, from Sales, Install Coord and the Installer. Be careful with who you install with. Next door neighbour just had solar installed and the quality is bad. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lightning Solar. Show additional information

Quick, helpful and competitive

Quote was painless and detailed, stacked up very well against multiple other quotes. Only thing I had to do was fill out an online portal for rebate, forwarded to them on Friday and they were out that next Monday installing. Would definitely recommend. Show additional information

Good experience

They are good. Solar system was delivered and installed as per contract. Show additional information

Highly recommended

Very friendly and helpful from start to finish. The system is performing well even though it is currently winter. Salesman excellent. Customer service excellent. Installation solid and punctual. Wondering how much our electricity bill will be next quarter? Show additional information

Too early to tell, long wait for connection

Was installed first week in April. On installation was told the amount of panels quoted would not fit on roof. Still waiting connection time even know if it worth the money. I had to call as the connection process was not correct.
Hope to have it in working order to know.

Hi Kailtin

I am sorry to hear your experience was any less than excellent.

We do our best to fit all the panels on the roof but sometimes when on site this isn’t possible as we have to keep the panels 200mm from the ridge and gutter to comply with regs. If we don’t comply it will fail inspection and the panels will have to be removed later.

Regarding the delays with your grid connection, we can’t lodge the paperwork until after the electrical inspector has come and we have no control over that. He took nearly two weeks to arrive and then we lodged the paperwork straight after. Any delays from the retailer are unfortunately beyond our control as well. A 1 month turn around for this process is completely normal.

If you have any other issues I advise you call the office and we will be happy to help.

Very satisfied solar and Tesla battery system installation

I’d got many quotes over the years and finally took the plunge. I got 3 new quotes and Lightning Solar weren’t the cheapest, but they offered the best value and the best bang for buck with real professionalism. I’d recommend Luke and his team. The installation looks good, neat etc and best of all, it works really well. They cleaned up well after themselves too. Show additional information