Lightning Solar and Electrical

Lightning Solar and Electrical Reviews

Lightning solar originally started under the business name LMC Electrical in 2012. They began as 1 electrician as a sole trader and then became a registered company in 2017. They have since gone through massive growth to become a bigger company and now have a head office in Melbourne. They currently do installations in Melbourne as well as Brisbane and Adelaide.

Lightning solar pride themselves on that fact the company is Australian owned and ran by electricians not marketing types looking to cash in on the solar boom. They make sure every installation is 100% compliant and have a huge focus on customer service.

They have a large amount of experience with residential solar as well as commercial projects and solar battery installation.

Lightning solar is current a CEC approved retailer which means they have made a commitment to honour the Solar Code of Conduct.

They only employ CEC accredited electricians to run their installation teams to make sure the quality of work is second to none!

Reviewers report paying: $2,000 - $9,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Lightning Solar and Electrical Reviews (122)

Painless to deal with!

Cant fault these guys from the initial response, a quick inspection, the number of options presented at very competitive prices and then a qood installation by 4 guys who turned up when they said they would and finished as they said they would. Installation is very clean although at the time of writing (2.5 weeks post installation) it still hasn't been 'certified' so I cant yet see how it works.

A Company that walks the talk

These guys have been a pleasure to deal with from the get go. Gavin was very patient with us and our hundreds of questions when designing the system.

The installation team arrived on time and looked after my property while here, leaving it as they found it.

The after sales service from Luke has been nothing short of astounding. He always replies to my questions and is always willing to help. He treats you like a valued customer.

As for the system.....we are extremely happy with the system. It is well designed and does exactly what we were told it would do. We had a few teething issues which the team quickly rectified. It is otherwise performing really well and we couldn't be happier.

* we didn't qaulify for any rebates, which is no fault of the companies*

Went above and beyond

Recently installed a 6kw. The whole process was smooth and fast. Completed a roof inspection due to us having an odd shaped roof to customerize and installation. No issue was too big. Installation team was punctual, friendly and thorough. Would definatly recomend Lightning Solar and Electrical to anyone looking to install Solar.

Easy to deal with and they get things done!

I find the Lightning Solar and Electrical team professional and customer focused from quotation up to the solar system installation. Their pricing is also better compared with other competitors. They are polite and punctual. I think they can improve on being tidy as cut wires/cables and other stuff were all over the place post installation, cut plaster hole for the inverter also would need improvement, but these are very minimal issues and no one is perfect which is understandable - the most important thing is the overall experience which I think is very good!

I'd highly recommend them when getting a solar system installation! Cheers team!

Too easy!

Gavin was terrific, very informative and gave us the solar system we needed.
The installation was held up a little due to parts from Solar Edge.
When it did happen the guys were awesome, they were clear in their explanations
to my many question. Very professional outfit.
The after sales customer service was great too. The connections, the battery rebate and the inspection organisation was flawless, we didn’t have to do much at all.

Happy customer

From the time I started the process of getting solar LSE were timely and professional in my dealings with them despite changes I wanted to make. LSE did all the leg work for permits, provider grid changes etc, which took the stress out of going solar. Installation was done in a day and on the day I was booked in for. Even when I was having trouble hooking up the App LSE sent around technicians to sort it out.
I am very happy with my solar system and I have no hesitation in recommending Lightning Solar and Electrical for your solar needs.

Great service and quality start to finish

Right from the start Lightning Solar was professional, clear and happy to spend the time answering all my questions. Lightning also gave me the best quote by far right off the bat compared to the other quotes I was given. Price alone never dictates my decision but Lightning had the complete package. The installation was totally painless and done within 2 weeks of accepting the quote. The installers always smiled, all wore masks and were happy to answer my questions and work in with my thoughts. Installers also offered professional opinion/advice which I took on board. Final installation of panels and inverter was neat and tidy with cabling for inverter hidden within the wall.

Lightning Solar called me the day before installation with some bad news, the panels I ordered were not available from distributor but not to worry they gave me much better panels, larger capacity per panel meaning less panels overall on the roof. I compared the panel I originally asked for (which was a cheaper older model being run out) with these replacement ones and they were by far much better. So installation went ahead as planned and without issue.

I strongly recommend Lightning Solar to anyone looking for a quality install at a great price. I am so happy I went with them as I was concerned before getting into this whole thing due to some of the awful scary install stories out there. Go with Lightning and those fears evaporate very fast.

Great Service and quick installation

Sales process was easy and explained clearly.
Installation was great, showed up when they said they would and did a clean job.

Customer service was great, everything was clearly explained and they quickly answered any questions we had.

Clean house print for the future

Sales quoting process was excellent with care and attention to detail. Installation was punctual, polite and tidy but we were on edge with a sudden lockdown announced. My system hasn't been connected to the grid yet as we are waiting on an inspector to issue a CES and then do paperwork for grid connection. Currently there is a three week wait.

Have been ripped off $$$.

Solar system was poorly planned and as a result, all the panels did not fit on the roof. Asked to keep the remaining panels and still havent been dropped off. Have contacted them multiple times they tell me they will drop off panels however they never return panels. This means I paid for several panels which never were never installed and they took back to their depo. Also missed installing the hot water timer.

Hi Rhys

I wanted to personally reach out to apologise for the feedback that we received from you. We endeavour to provide our customers with an above-average service, and hearing that you experienced nothing less is concerning for me.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete the full installation of your system due to the screw lines and on your property and string voltage issues meaning our installation would have to break regulations in place to keep homeowners safe and installation high in quality.

We’ve attempted to contact you multiple times after the installation to arrange a time to drop off the spare solar panels however we’ve been unable to get through to you. Even after you have left a negative google review, we attempted multiple times again to contact you to resolve this issue.

We have multiple records of attempted phone calls to try to resolve this issue and of course, drop off the remaining panels but we just kept getting no answer. We’ve even left messages on your phone to let you know we’ve tried to call which we have proof of.

You have since left another negative review on a different platform even after us consistently trying to resolve this issue and make things right. This has a devastating effect on my business that I have spent years building and am extremely passionate about.

We feel although the review you have left is an unfair representation of our business as we couldn’t complete your installation without breaking the government regulations. Unfortunately, this is out of our control.

Our communication levels have always been high with you but we’ve been unable to reach you every time which again, is out of our control. We have recorded all emails, phone calls and messages as proof to show how your feedback is not a true representation of our business.

We are still happy to come to a conclusion even though you haven’t been replying to us in any way. Is there a time we can best contact you to try and come to a resolution? We think that if we were able to contact you, then you never would have left this negative review.

Please let us know.

Luke

Sungrow and Jinko

Great service was patient with all questions. Everything went smoothly from quoting to install. They were the best price for Tiger Jinko panels with a sungrow inverter

Great price and service

All good they delivered what they said they would and followed up with the necessary items after the install. All went very smoothly.

Excellent service

The solar panels were installed on my elderly mothers house and I managed to facillitate this all via email and phone calls from interstate which was wonderful. She has not had her first bill yet so we are still unsure of the savings but we can see she is not taking power from the grid from about 9am to 4ish pm

Happy with final product but we had hiccups

The initial quotation was good but decisions such as where to locate the panels, and even the wattage we could install turned out to be inaccurate. We had to relocate all of our west facing panels to the east and needed to take out one of the panels from our order as the voltage levels would have been too high. These are things that I believe should have been sorted out before the installation day.

Great experience

Quote was quick and all my questions were answered clearly. Installation day was seamless and operation of the unit was explained in full. I have had further contact from the company about any issues/questions since installation which was pleasing.

Fantastic installation and services

Good services. Good installation team. System has not yet switched on but quite happy.

Great products at good price

They have done a great job in installation. Excited to start using the solar energy soon.

Simple and efficient solar solution process

The team from Lightning were effective and efficient. Their pricing was competitive, installation team was efficient and friendly and they completed all the paperwork necessary with our electricity retailer and distributor to get the system up and running quickly.

Excellent installer and service. Highly recommend

Quote done very easily following a phone call. Two quotes given for us to have options.
Very happy with the supplier and their service.
Polite, professional and friendly workers.
Everything happened quickly and efficiently. Arrived early on the day!
Grid connection organised so we’ve not had to do much at all. Perfect!!

Excellent installer

First things first "solar quotes" was a excellent source of information as well as putting us in touch with two experienced solar installation companies I highly recommend solar quotes to anyone thinking about solar.

In our case we chose a 6.6kw system with lighting solar & electrical there customer service and installation was first class couldn't fault it. One area which we were disappointed with was we specifically requested an ability to monitor our solar system and I'm disappointed we were not offered either the fronius smart meter or solar analytics as a add on to our solar system when your spending 5k on solar you want to know it's actually working!!! What we got was the standard fronius app that comes with the inverter which to be frank it rubbish it doesn't provide you consumption, performance or daily generation information that we wanted with a smart meter. So I hope lighting solar take this feedback onboard and when a customer asks for monitoring they offer decent solution.

Wonderful experience

We are very pleased with our recent solar installation. The sales process was seamless, even when we decided to change the panels that were being offered. The installation team were polite and efficient, and I particularly liked the way they explained and worked me through the app installation process, so that I can monitor PV production. A previous installation experience did not do this and I still have trouble monitoring solar performance off-site.

Prompt, helpful and hassle-free

The salesperson and installers were very helpful and accommodating.
The whole process was smooth.
Overall very happy with the service received and the final product.
Thanks!

Excellent Company and very good customer services

Very professional and friendly services. Cameron from Lightning Solar was very helpful from the day I contacted him. He was very patient and helped me to obtain a council permit for installing the solar panel. He returned calls very promptly and did not hesitate to redraft the solar panel layout for re submission to the local council for obtaining the permit.
The installation team arrived on time on the appointed day and went about the installation in a quiet and friendly way. They cleaned up the site when they finished.
I highly recommended them to anyone who is looking for solar systems.

I would not hesitate to recommend Lightning Solar

The sales person provided clear and consistent advice, that matched what I learnt on the SolarQuotes website and information video.
There was an easy step by step process to proceed with a quote and arrange installation.
Installers were prompt, friendly, polite and clean on site.

Solar in Queensland

They are great to deal with and upfront about costs and the pros and cons of the various components. I would highly recommend this company if you are installing solar.
However they were not at all helpful in regards to organising the grid connection and would not give us an idea of what to expect when it came to that set we actually had to figure that part out ourselves
The final price includes a electrical board upgrade as well the existing one was old and not up to the job. Very happy with what we got

Best Solar installers ever

From the start of the process (obtaining a quote) to the end of the panels being placed (Just got placed yesterday! 12/3), the service has been amazing-excellent!!! The guys are very prompt, courteous, friendly and very professional!

I asked questions in the early mornings and late at night and got answered straight away (Thank you Ben!!). The install team were so easy to deal with and so friendly! I also added my Inverter in my garage which was not an issue! They also replaced some broken tiles, cleaned up after themselves :)

I would Highly recommended Lightning Solar & Electrical for anyone that is planning to get solar panels installed and all there other services.

Thank you again!

Good Job

Everything was organised online or over the phone and so far all is well. My only problem so far is the weather as we have more than enough cloudy days but that’s nobody’s fault. Not yet had an electricity bill so can’t compare before and after. Will the silicone on the tiles hold up to time and weather?

Excellent Service

Prompt and regular contact prior to and during the installation process. Immediately rectified a small issue encountered during the installation

Smooth & Easy

Sales person Sam is a gem.
Installers were professionla nad cleaned up the mess when they left so very happy.
Customer Service was great.

Awesome installation

Have the system installed on the 24th March 2021.

- Sam was very helpful during the quoting process. He replies email even after hour.
- The installation team were punctual and polite. Ad hoc upgraded the switchboard due to not enough space to install the consumption meter.
- Now waiting for the inspection. Too early to comment on the customer service now, but will follow up.

Excellent customer service and high quality install, inspector was impressed with the workmanship

Good old fashioned service!!

I researched many companies over a 2-month period to try and find the best possible price, service and panel / inverter quality. I am not one that will just jump into spending thousands of hard-earned dollars. A big hurdle was trying to find a company who use their own staff to install the system and not a company who sub contracted to the cheapest solar installer. We have had our system installed for a couple of months now and couldn’t be any happier. Throughout the process nothing seemed too much for them and they were always willing to answer any questions. The installation process was impeccable! Not only were the guys friendly, extremely knowledgeable and approachable, they cleaned up after themselves. Not to mention they saw a couple of broken tiles in other sections of the roof and changed them for me. The electrical inspector even commented on what a ‘professional job had been done’. This company is just superb! They are so good that my next-door neighbour and neighbour behind us are all going with the same company. I simply can’t speak highly enough of Lightning Solar & Electrical. Thank you so much Ben!

Excellent installation of a great product

The installers were very polite, considerate and well informed. They arrived on time, considered all our requests and completed the job with no broken tiles. There was good explanation of the monitoring process with the phone App and how the system works. The system has been working very well so far. There has been good communication from the company about all the the processes with Vic Solar and the inspection and connection processes.

Excellent Experience

Right through from quote to installation the process was easy. Communication was excellent and Lightning Solar were completely transparent.

Very happy with the Lightning Solar installation experience

We had our installation completed within 48 hours of placing the order. The installers were polite, tidy & punctual.
Would be happy to recommend Lightning Solar

Hi Neil

Thanks for chosing us to install your Longi solar panels and Sungrow inverter. We always aim to get installation and connection done as efficiently as possible. We are glad you are happy with the results.

Original Review on 18-07-2020:

Excellent Installation

The quotes that I received were very professional and extensive and the companies were more than happy to respond to my questions.

The installation team were punctual and polite. As they needed to access the interior of my house, they took extra care to minimize mess and keep everything tidy.

They made a modification to the layout of the panels to achieve better coverage and explained what they were doing and the reasons for the change, which will benefit me.

They took time to explain the inverter controls and connections and have organised the grid connection.

Excellent service and I am very happy with the results.

8 months later we asked Karen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system has actually exceeded my expectations - my electricity bills have all be in credit so far, which was very surprising.

I am very happy with the system and glad that I had it installed.

Impressed with installation team

Still waiting on grid connection. Otherwise everything went smoothly. Prompt communication. Need installation work.

Hi Sutharsan

Thanks for your review on our solar installation with sunpower panels and fronius inverter. The inspector got there in 4 days which is actually much faster than the usual timeframe over the busy season. Your grid connection paperwork was sent straight away, they confirmed your connection was done within 3 days.

Trouble Free Installation

Quoting process was straightforward and prompt, they understood what I wanted.
Great installation team, on time, very friendly, very clean installation, nothing left behind.
Customer service, very friendly. Had to prompt them for an installation date but ended up being less than 4 weeks from contract signing.
Installation was inspected OK 10 working days from install date and grid connection organised promptly after that. All applicable paperwork, warranties etc emailed straight away. There was a slight problem with the QR code, not sure if that was a Solar Victoria or Lightning problem but was easily sorted and didn't cause any delay.
Very happy so far, large amounts of power being generated each day in line with expectations.

Very organised and helpful

The quoting of the job was good and helpful in answering those silly questions and gave good advice on the best options for what I wanted. Was honest.

The installers were great and turned up when they said they would. Did the work without any fuss and the work was very well done.

Good customer service - turn around was excellent on question and explanation of process and had the system up and running within a 2 month of the quote including all grid connection etc.

Original Review on 21-06-2020:

Very happy with speed, installers, quality and price.

Very informative discussion and quote before moving forward with a contract. The installers came about 2 weeks after I after I booked them in- 3 guys that were on time, communicated well and did a great job. They also worked around a skylight and stovepipe with no issues.
The company looks after everything including organising the gov inspection of the panels (which occurred rapidly as they submitted all the paperwork within a day). Also the connection with the network was included in the price, and occurred quickly.
From booking to the solar panels creating power and the grid registering it, took less than 4 weeks.
The price of the unit was about $7k, but came down to about $3k after all rebates applied- which is what I paid the company. No issues with getting rebates with this trustworthy company.

8 months later we asked Emily: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Very happy with the system. No problems and have had free electricity bills since October, and have been able to have the air con pumping on hot days with no guilt or cost.

Excellent, prompt, friendly, courteous, helpful, very professional and A1 services overall. Highly recommended.

Lightning Solar organized the 3rd party inspection. Now awaiting for the inspection and the grid connection.

Happy customer - Great Admin Team & Installation Team

After a few quotes from different solar companies we decided to go with Lightning Solar & Electrical.
Cameron Taylor was awesome and had great knowledge in the solar aspect. Cameron had patience because we couldn't decide between the budget option and the premium even though both would be saving is money.
We asked cameron if he could provide us with the 2 different quotes for budget and premium for a 6.6kw system.
After long discussions with the wife I asked Cameron so many questions that was making me doubt because there is a price difference with the budget and premium. Cameron explained the differences between the 2 options and it made me really decide which option would be suit our solar needs in the long run.
So we decided to pay the extra difference and go with the premium equipment. Fronius and Q-cells.
Filled in all the required paperwork to get the ball rolling in the 1st week of June and then COVID RESTRICTIONS. This put everything on hold for about 6 months and during this covid times we were able to save a little bit more money to put into the solar system.
Then in the 1st week of December when the RESTRICTIONS were slightly lifted I get a follow up phone call from Cameron and explained that they were restricted from any install during the COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. ????
Now they were open for business he asked if we still wanted to go ahead with our solar install and I happily said yes. ????
So Cameron sent a updated quote because the QCell panels have changed to higher wattage. I filled in all the required forms again and applied for the government rebate and loan. Then the following week I got the SolarVic approval and the whole solar installation was booked in the following week. I was so happy they were able to install before the christmas period. ????????
The install team came and arrived on time and the whole installation was completed on the day.
Ali Kadour was the Accredited Installer and he was great and very polite. We both agreed to install the inverter inside my garage to protect it from the outside weather elements from wear & tear! Also it was placed near the internet wifi for better App stability and I highly recommend this because I haven't had any issue with my app at all! ????
Ali tested the system and everything was working great. Ali explained the inverter functions and how it works, also explained the functions of the Fronius App!
Just a heads up about the Fronius cooling fan is a bit loud so I would recommend you decide to put it away from bedrooms and lounge rooms. Our garage was the best place and we have gotten use to the sound and I like the sound because I know my inverter is generating and working properly.
Overall I am so proud with my new solar investment and with the fronius app I can check how much I'm generating and how much I am using from the grid! Brilliant App!
I would like to thank the whole team:
Cameron, Aarzoo, Malalay, Luke Cove, Christopher and the Installation Team for such a smooth transition and great workmanship.
Very Happy Customer

Good installation and production, however poor communication/administration

Excellent installation team, very happy with the end product and crew that installed this in a timely fashion on the day.

However a skylight was cracked and temporarily repaired on the day (installation team made us aware and said the company would order a replacement).

6 weeks later (consideration for Christmas shutdown) despite multiple attempts/chase ups with lightening solar we are still waiting for an ETA on replacement skylight. Sub standard administrative follow up.

Hi Liz

Thanks for you review.

We agree the delay with waiting the skylight that was cracked on installation day has been too long. Our team ordered this through a local company on the day (not long before christmas) and were told it will take a few weeks. We followed it up 3 times and were told it was on back order every time. This was pushed back further by the Australia day long weekend. After the long weekend called them and they informed us they had lost the order and we would need to place the order again. We have given you multiple updates on the situation throughout this time via email, we feel your comment on customer service should be directed to the skylight company who lost the order not us as the situation was beyond out control.

Lightning Solar Team

Professional Service

I decided to go with Lightning Solar & Electrical after reviewing a few quotes from Solarquotes. I initially communicated with Ben and received quotes and advice regarding the selection of the system in June 2020. But due to the lockdown I only managed to have it installed in December 2020. Ben was kind enough to keep my initial quotes.
I am totally satisfied with the service provided by the admin side, especially Aarzoo, who communicated with me frequently to ensure the installation process was smooth going. As I was working on the day of installation, and my wife was home alone, Aarzoo managed to get the installers to buy the replacement roof tiles. A special thanks for that.
I must also thank LSE to overwrite the extra charge due to the difference between the loan and the rebate.
For now, i am totally satisfied with service provided by LSE. I would surely recommend this company to my family and friends.

A big YES, top service, value for money and ease of dealing - installation yesterday.

I love leaving this review.. It might be a little early, because I just had the Sungrow and 18 LONGi panels installed yesterday, but so far, great to work with Ben, Cameron and Kade.

I obtained the quotes via SolarQuotes, and all offers were good. I did my spreadsheet and checked off everything, including all the small T&Cs, which were actually very clear with Lightning Solar and Electrical.... and they were very happy to field questions/clarify anything.

On the equipment, going by further information from the Solarquotes website, I rated them the best along with another supplier, but the other supplier was quite expensive and.... to my surprise LSE was the cheapest. This expensive supplier came back with different equipment but LSE came out on top without a question.

My installation seemed to be fairly straight forward and Ben (National Sales Mgr) said that any details of confirming / slightly changing the positioning of panels and determining where the inverter should go, could be worked out on the installation day.

It only took 9 days between signing and installation, which was yesterday.

The electricians who did the installation, Cameron and Kade, arrived early and were focused on the job, not rushed and obviously out there to provide a top quality installation. We decided to install the inverter outside, as the garage was not well ventilated perhaps on a hot day.... So I went out to get an awning to put over the inverter, which they kindly installed as well.

I also asked if the panel would be better off a little further to the south than in the original design, because of the slight chance of a tree casting some shade in winter. This discussed and there was no problem installing them a little further south.

Cameron ran me through how it all worked and gave me the paperwork, they cleaned everything up and they obviously have a good working relationship, because after everything was cleaned up, they were still chatting outside the gate for a bit before they left.

Of what I can see is that they did a very neat job, were great to deal with and now Ben and I are dealing with getting the back end of the paperwork and connection sorted.

I can only highly recommend them - great guys delivering great work, but we still have to finalise a few things to get fully operational.

Hubertien

Professional, prompt and Efficient

Overall, I was very pleased with this company and the service provided! A special mention needs to given to the sales person Sam, who was exceptional with all his communication and was a major reason why I chose to go with this company. The team that arrived for installation were professional and discussed with me everything they were doing. The only fault I had, and this is being very bit nit-picky, was how there was a drink bottle left on my roof and also there were tiny silver filling pieces (I am guessing from unpacking the solar panels) all over my drive way which I spent about a hour sweeping up.

The only negative experience I had is to do with communication with the administration team. I felt that I had to prompt them for answers, such as installation dates especially after restrictions were lifted. This is understandable as I know they were probably very busy given the large volume of installations that are going on during the pandemic. But after the positive experience I had with Sam, who would always immediately call back and even answer my calls on weekends, my expectation was set very high.

Professional, Prompt, Polite and Punctual.

Lightning Solar and Electrical are very professional. I had them install Solar panels for both my parents and my son's in-laws. Very happy with the sales rep.. I asked many questions and he was prompt and obliging. The installers were fantastic. Arrived when they said they would. Seemed to have a very good understanding of what they had to do.

Quick response, short wait time and quality works. Thanks a lot for your help.

Short waiting time, quality workmanship, good service. Thanks for that

Honest, competent, installers

I contacted Lightning Solar on the recommendation of a friend who had used them. Salesman Ben Cox was knowledgeable and not pushy. A written quote arrived by email shortly after our discussion.
Once I had decided to go ahead, only Melbourne’s lockdown slowed things down. Within a week of the end of lockdown, Ali and his team were on our roof. Miserable, wet weather made their job hard, but they pushed on and finished, producing a good, neat installation.
Inspection was a formality, all paperwork was finalized and forwarded to our power retailer. Good result. Easy people to deal with, no problems, and everything we hoped for in the system meets expectations. Highly recommended.

Original Review on 21-04-2020:

Quality system and good installation

Everything was done as agreed and discussed in detail prior to installation. Cameron, Malalay, Luke and team were very good and efficient during the whole process. Still not yet connected to the grid as I understand the process takes a bit of time. I will vouch for Lightning Solar by word of mouth. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Peter : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes so far