Solaire Connect

Solaire Connect Reviews

We are local energy experts based in Perth, Western Australia. We are a family owned and run business providing solar solutions (solar panels, solar hot water, battery storage, electric vehicle chargers and more), for both residential and commercial customers. We have been in operation for over 11 years and are trusted for our technical expertise, honesty, professionalism, aftercare support and consultative, friendly approach.

At Solaire Connect, we can confidently back our warranties which has seen thousands of customers through our eleven plus years of operating. We believe there is a very simple key to our longevity and success in an industry that has seen so many stumble and fall. That key is calculated growth with reliable products and service

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $10,600 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Solaire Connect Reviews (225)

4.4/5

Original Review on 02-11-2021:

The system looks great!

The quoting process went very well. I had done a lot of research before getting quotes so I had a good understanding of what was being quoted. I asked many, many questions at the time of the home visit and also many more questions over the following two weeks. Kev was very patient with me and did his best to answer all questions.

The installation went very well also. The installation team was very punctual and worked like a well oiled machine with each installer knowing their part of the job very well. The only problem was related a some extra electrical work which I had asked them to do, which was not able to proceed at the time, due to a part which had not been ordered in advance. The team were able to do the grid connection during the install so the whole system was up and running by the time they left. They were even happy to accept a personal cheque for payment, which is very unusual these days.

The back office part of the operation is not quite up to the same standard as the installation guys. I have had some e-mails go unanswered or with very lengthly delays in replying. Documentation was also lacking.

8 months later we asked Don: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I had a few occasions over several months where the whole system tripped off and had to be reset in the meter box. It turned out that one of the circuit breakers that had been installed was defective. Solaire Connect replaced the breaker, at no cost, and I have had no problems since.

Delighted with the process and the installation

We bought a more expensive system (Solar Edge), but were really pleased with the efficient and business like process, and the installation.

Initial advice was good and I am delighted with the installed product. I would also say that the other suppliers who quoted were equally good too, and in the end I had some technical reasons for my final selection (Solaire Connect) but the other suppliers that took the time to come and quote/advise - particularly Target Solar - were equally professional and it was really a close call as to which system I selected.

Sumner family solar review

We were very happy with the overall solaire connect process regarding purchasing our solar system.

Alec in sales was very friendly, informative and professional in explaining the options available and their differences.

The installation went very well on a somewhat wet day and the installers were also very professional.

Follow up from the office has been very friendly, professional and courteous.

I would recommend them.

Great team to deal with from the initial quote to the installers

Friendly service, quick turnaround (a few weeks) and installed before lunch time - we’re very happy

Original Review on 14-10-2021:

Great Installation, great service, great product.

The whole process from quoting to installation was excellent, no fuss, answered all my questions and just got on with the job (once I'd accepted their quote). Original ratings

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, our electricity bills have been more than halved. At this rate, we’ll pay off the system in less than 3 years.
Absolutely worth it.

Original Review on 26-09-2021:

Great system, installation went well, helpful installers

Sales and quoting went well, I liked the equipment being recommended (SolarEdge inverter and Sunpower panels). It was a more expensive system that other quotes but reflected the difference in equipment quality. Small discount negotiated to add internet app monitoring.

Installers arrived a day early (checking with us first) to complete over 2 days due to inclement weather. They removed pool heating for us which was a messy job. Very clean install from everything visible. System works like a dream, nice to see the equivalent number of trees planted already!!

They organised everything with energy company and grid connection, that was seamless for us.

8 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes very much so

Not pushing sales at front end but excellent quality and price is very comparable, installtion team was first rate.

Sometimes had to chase them on the sales side which I thought was positive as they didnt appear deperate or want the deal at any cost etc, but price, wuality and knoeldge very good. Installation excellent and no fuss.

Satisfactory outcome

The solar companies were all prompt in making contact, were all very informative and listened to our requirements.
I selected Solaire Connect because they gave us exactly what we wanted and were a bit cheaper.
They organised the grid connection and even sent out a service man who fixed a fault at no charge, left by Western Power after they botched the meter ugrade.

Good reputation, service and options.

Quoting provided necessary information for our needs, panel location and options for inverter and panels.
They organised grid connection, smooth installation

Solaire Connect install

Alex from sales was very knowledgable. Installation went smoothly. In and out. Hardly knew they were here.

Great service and a seamless install.

The installer was very professional and helpful throughout the entire process. All the paperwork was handled on my behalf and the system is delivering as expected and on time.

Not the cheapest quote but considered it better quality. Installation on time with no problems.

Trouble free quote, installation and connections with power company. Just waiting on a callback for mobile phone monitoring set up.

Experienced, knowledgeable, professional

Sales and quoting was fine, maybe upsold me a little on the monitoring software, but it is useful. Installation quick, tidy and professional. No problems connecting to grid. Not the cheapest quote (mostly down to higher quality components), but completely hassle free and works straight out of the box.

Very easy and efficient process

Solaire were easy to deal with efficient and knowledgeable
The install was great completed in one day excellent workers.

Communication form start to end was excellent

My only issue was I was sold a 6.6kw system then the system would generate 6.6 kw of power . I missed the info on my inverter would only take 5 kw as that was what is was rated for and as I was on single phase I could not have a larger inverter.

Ticked all the boxes, good information and friendly.

Faultless installation, everything went as planned.
Office staff are great too!

An excellent experience.

Reasonable price quoted. Fast quoting process with all the info we needed.
They arrived on time. Took only half a day to install. They cleaned up after themselves. Replaced all broken tiles.
Grid connection was tricky on the day but an email follow up sorted the issue.
Kevin knows his product and was very efficient.
Found the company very professional.

Clean efficient installation

Clean efficient installation executed within 6 hours with minimal disruption. The Installation team was very professional.

Original Review on 29-05-2021:

10.5kw 3 phase 8.25kw inverter

Realistic sales pitch. Price was same as others for same system. Was upfront they used a contractor for install but was the same team for past 5 years. I then compared this against reviews and it matched for low complaint feedback high positive feedback, this was not the same for others Original ratings

9 months later we asked Spencer: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

1 year on and system is performing well. Halved our winter bill and we used the heating more than usual. Has at least halved the summer bill and I have corn it to be most efficient to just leave the air conditioner running 24/7 we we used to only suit it on the hottest days due to running cost Using the solar to run the air con during the day and chill the whole house (2 story, large ducted system) at night it just ticks over using minimal power. So our air con is running all day every day and we are paying half what we previously paid for just a few hours/days a week.

Great service and installation

Sales process was very good. Kevin was knowledgeable and helpful. The quote was easy to understand and met my requirements.

Kevin was happy to defer the installation until I had secured agreement from my Strata to allow solar panels to be installed, and held the quoted price.

His installation team were on-time, checked I was happy with location of the installation and were friendly and polite. The installation was efficient, neat, the team cleaned up after themselves and the supervisor ran through the operation of the system.

I would recommend Solarie Connect.

Solaire install

Solaire had a good team that knew what they had to do and got on with the job promptly and efficiently.
The system was up and running by midday and has performed to my expectations.

I was disappointed in the appearance of the inverter, which has the inverter box fixed to the wall and the DC isolator switch hanging from the underside and braced back to the wall. The cables were bought in under the switch box. I would have thought that Solar Edge would have all this in a single enclosure with the cable coming into the back of the enclosure to give a much more aesthetic finish to their product

Excellent professional service and installation

Everything was easy and the staff professional and friendly. The installation crew likewise.

The only small problem was the app to allow me to monitor the system couldn't be downloaded because I never received an email with my log-in details. Hopefully that arrives tomorrow.

Fantastic installers, awesome team. Beautiful installation.

Excellent sales/quoting process, and only provider to conduct site visit.
Installation was carried out by an awesome team. In challenging conditions, on a roof with a very steep pitch, the team did an absolutely fabulous job. The team leader listened to my questions (some of which were probably silly) and always took time to explain stuff to me, or help me understand. They were brilliant and without fault, incredibly professional, respectful and genuinely nice people.
From start to finish the customer service was excellent.

Great service. Ended up with a larger system and battery set up. Happy with the choices we’ve made.

Great customer service. Happy with all the quoting process. Just awaiting installation.

Professional service. No delays.

The whole process was professionally and efficiently handled by Solaire

Better the Devil you know......

As it turned out Solaire Connect, operating under a slightly different name, installed our old 2Kw system 11 years ago. The sales gentleman was the son of the person who did our install back then which was nice. He answered all our queries, took the old gear away to a genuine recycling outfit and gave us what turned out to be the best price....

They were a good team, safe and efficient. No broken tiles or damage. Started on time at 0730hrs and had the install finished and running by around lunch time.

Would recommend them.

Excellent professional service from initial quote to completed installation. Phone call always returned when I required them. Very nice to deal with a family owned & run company here in Perth.

Salesperson Kevan Towers was clear in explaining all our options & not "pushy". We decided to accept his quote for a system that was not the cheapest (actually the most expensive of all we received) but had high quality components. We felt confident with the local company because we dealt directly with company owners - members of family that own company. Installation was done efficiently & on time & date stipulated. I had several queries after installation & these were answered promptly by phone calls.

Original Review on 21-03-2021:

Great price, communication and fast install

Great, knowledgeable communication during quoting. Fast install upon quote acceptance. Fantastic installation - done in 3hrs and would not have known they had been. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Simon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, but I think I need a bigger battery for when the reverse cycle is running! Otherwise we are 95-100% on solar

Newby PV owner

Sales person turned up on time with options, and apart from final panel layout being different to the proposed it worked out well. In fact I am happy that the final installation seems to be a better option.

Installation team were punctual, professional and polite. Tided up all packaging at conclusion of job.

All necessary connections organised without any input from me. Followed up with a call from owner/manager to make sure all was as required.

Long term? My opinion is that the final proof of service will hinge on any problems encountered during the warranty period and how they may be handled.

Finn, may I add my thanks for the recommendations you provided.

Old fashioned reliable service

From obtaining quotes from Brad at all hours we had an impression the service was going to be good. Responses to question was quick and factual. ( yes I did research and checked online also). Once I agreed to install the system of our choice the whole experience was seamless. Being told I would get two emails explaining the next steps, and I did within the time frame they said. All of the pre work with grid connection was completed by Solaire. Installation date was set, the team turned up, not only on the correct day but 15 mins early. They worked hard to get the job done but did not compromise the quality. Simple things like running conduit through coving. The conduit was level, holes in the coving (in the garage) matched the conduit exactly and we’re not hacked at, but time taken to make the job look right. The job handed over and no payment until the job was completed.
Good old fashioned quality service, would recommend to anyone.

I was impressed with the level of information that was provided which gave me the basis to make an informed decision on the type of system that was suited to me.

Great service.

Sales process was efficient and friendly, installation was professional and all aspects of customer service were really excellent. I don't say this lightly either!

Original Review on 27-01-2021:

Quality of Installation

The three companies suggested by SolarQuotes were all very professional and came to my home to discuss my wants/needs with solar power. I selected Solaire Connect because of (1) the quality of product suggested i.e. QCell panels with Solar Edge inverter; (2) locally well proven family owned business with extensive experience & (3) most importantly convincing me on the quality of the installers (direct employees) and the quality of the installation (attention to some detail that other companies did not mention. The installation was timely including the app connection as promised. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Vic: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes as mentioned above - after 18 months I remain completely satisfied.
Both panels & inverter perform well - My electricity bill is about half what it was ( a slight dip in winter).

No complaints

First class service. Only had the system just over a month so too soon to judge but all positive so far.

Helpful, efficient company.

Very informative about different brands and options.
Difficult roofline to get as many panels as possible.

Overall a good experience

The sales/quoting process was alright. Solaire Connect was the only company I contacted that actually offered to do a site visit. The salesperson was friendly, however I felt that I may have been across more of the technical details than he was. They really pushed SolarEdge inverters, and the salesperson was wearing a SolarEdge jacket, so I'm unsure if they were treating SolarEdge as a one-size-fits-all solution. Thankfully SolarEdge was already my frontrunning preference, but just make sure to do your own research to see if they recommend the right inverter for you. The guy used some very sales-y language, and at times I didn't really feel that we were speaking as peers.

The booking and installation process was pretty straightforward. They didn't end up being able to install the panel configuration that I had been sold, which I sort of expected because the process the salesperson went through (dragging panels onto a satellite image of my roof) felt a bit inexact. This has resulted in me getting a less performant system than I had anticipated. It's a shame, but it is what it is. On its first full day (and overcast Spring day) I'm still hitting my inverter limit for long periods of time, so it's not terrible. The installation process was otherwise fine. The inverter installation looks about as neat as it could be, and they seemingly didn't use any of my spare tiles (so presumably they didn't break any). One small issue is that the installer incorrectly connected the CT clamp for my existing consumption monitoring system. I only realised the next day, and I snuck in and fixed it myself which only took 5 minutes, so a minor inconvenience and I acknowledge that my setup is irregular.

Good service

Good quoting process towards establishing final selection. Installation on time, personnel explained system well.
Grid connection etc., handled by supplier.

I would not hesitate to recommend this supplier

Excellent

Salesperson wasn't pushy, price was the best and installers were professionals

Set me up with the best system, ready for future battery install.

Installation was exactly how it was explained to me.
The staff were always happy to discuss and explain anything i asked.
The company had a showroom were I saw the inverter in service.

Informative and friendly salesman. Excellent installation.

Very informative on different systems and options. Installation was excellent and staff were friendly. Organised everything and let me know what was happening. Great experience.

Original Review on 30-12-2020:

Hassle free upgrade

As experienced solar power users, we sought higher power and functionality than our first system in readiness for an electric vehicle future.
We were pleased to see the name of the company which supplied our first solar PV system, included in a list of 3 recommended suppliers (all very good). The quoting process was painless and completed within 5 days, with included visit to our house, outline of several options, nomination of expected functionality, reliability and performance and in our view reasonable price.
Solaire Connect did not disappoint and we were very happy with the prompt, efficient and knowledgeable service provided during the quoting process.

Liaison with both power utilities (Synergy & Western Power) and equipment attachment approvals were all carried out on our behalf. Recovery of our old system and installation of the replacement proceeded without incident, and on schedule even though it was a very hot summer's day. There was full consultation on our preferred location of the panels, inverter and metering module (so called smart meter device). An oversight in not software-activating the metering function was remedied remotely in response to my follow-up telephone call.

9 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The 6.66kW Longi+SolarEdge system is performing well.
An unexpected outcome is the system output has never reached 5kW. Typical maximum output is 4kW.
This is because nearly every house in the street has solar power and our system output reduces as the grid voltage approaches 254V AC.
Somewhat bizarrely, the system output can be raised (to near 5kW) by switching on high power consumption devices.
Clearly we would gain more from our investment in the upgraded solar PV if we had a battery and/or electric vehicle, however we consider the purchase price of either is unreasonable at this time.

Superb.

1) The sales/quoting process was exceptional.
2) The installation went like clock work. The tradesman were excellent. I rate them 10/10..
3) The customer service was brilliant. Everything was done as planned.
4) I would recommend Solaire Connect to anyone in a heart beat.

Personal service, job done, no hassles

We had email responses from the three recommended suppliers. Only one offered a personal visit to assess our situation on-site. We took up the offer, were offered a choice of systems at various price points and made our choice. There was some delay until installation (Covid, weather issues) but a date was set and kept to, and the installation on the day was very well organised. I would recommend this company for its professional service.

Smooth process

From the initial contact by Danny of Solaire Connect, to the installation process I felt like a valued customer. I was listened to and all my questions were answered quickly. While I paid more for my system then I originally expected to pay I am confident that I have a good quality, long lasting system installed and should something fail I expect to have everything covered under the product warranty without fuss.

Great service and quality product at a reasonable price - easy

The whole process from first engagement through to installation and follow-up was seamless and adaptable. We installed a higher-end system (panels & inverter - not battery) but was price was better than competitors that quoted.

During the day of installation, I was able to alter the panel layout ahead of install to better suit what we were after, any broken roof tiles were replaced and the site was left clean and tidy afterwards.

Have only had the system running for less than a month but no issues so far and would recommend Kevan and the Solaire team to others.

quick efficient friendly installer

salesman knew what he was talking about. whole experience from beginning to end was easy and communication great

Easy and efficient process

The sales person was very helpful in explaining the options for solar. The quote was reasonable given that I opted for an optimised system. Installation was speedy and efficient. Since installation, I am happy with the performance of the system and my ability to monitor to production and consumption. Thoroughly recommended.

Great experience all round

Salesperson was on time, happy to discuss options for future proofing system so battery could be added if they become reasonably price and worth the investment. Different levels of inverters offered and they had the best warranty offered. I have been very happy with the performance of the system since it installation.

Sales person knew solar systems, company very professional

All the quoters were good, but especially solar connects and perth solar force.

Hassle free and professional

Kevan from Solaire Connect made the effort to come out and talk to us about our needs and was punctual and professional.

Kevan knew exactly the right configuration for our needs and budget. Thanks to the solar + battery system we now typically only use a few kilowatts per day from the grid.

Handy app shows us how much we're using at any time and from what source - solar, grid or battery - and great statistics over time show us per week, month and even year what our power generation and usage is.

We have the added bonus of being able to run off battery during power outages!

Installation went exactly as explained by Kevan - no issues or problems. I was a bit concerned the installers were not using safety harnesses - we have a two storey home so I would have thought they should have worn harnesses when on the second storey.

Kevan arranged everything with the power grid connection and approval - we didn't have to do a thing!

Well designed system, top quality components, understood my requirements.

I chose Solarie Connect out of four suppliers that contacted me. The sales process was by far the best. I communicated my requirements - I want to get an EV and battery storage in future, so wanted a system that could take a battery in future, and would be compatible with adding an EV charger to charge from solar and battery. I also expressed interest in DC Optimiser / Micro Inverter technology to ensure that any indivudual panel faults or shaded panels would not bring down the entire string of panels.

All installers except for Solaire Connect tried to talk me out of this and positioned inverter brands I'd never heard of.

Even though Solaire Connect's build was not the cheapest, they took my requirements into account and positioned a SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter that is battery ready and can be upgraded with an EV charger attachment.

The on-site installation went exceptionally well. The installers were on-time, very polite, communicated what they were doing, and did a neat and tidy job. Cabling was run through the cavity walls instead of surface conduit, so it looks great. They replaced the inevitable broken tiles, and there have been no leaks (and we've had some pretty severe storms laterly). I wish the people that installed my air-conditioning were this thorough.

I cannot recommend Solaire Connect highly enough.