Solaire Connect

Solaire Connect Reviews

We are local energy experts based in Perth, Western Australia. We are a family owned and run business providing solar solutions (solar panels, solar hot water, battery storage, electric vehicle chargers and more), for both residential and commercial customers. We have been in operation for over 11 years and are trusted for our technical expertise, honesty, professionalism, aftercare support and consultative, friendly approach.

At Solaire Connect, we can confidently back our warranties which has seen thousands of customers through our eleven plus years of operating. We believe there is a very simple key to our longevity and success in an industry that has seen so many stumble and fall. That key is calculated growth with reliable products and service

Reviewers report paying: $3,990 - $8,350 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solaire Connect Reviews (189)

Original Review on 30-12-2020:

Hassle free upgrade

As experienced solar power users, we sought higher power and functionality than our first system in readiness for an electric vehicle future.
We were pleased to see the name of the company which supplied our first solar PV system, included in a list of 3 recommended suppliers (all very good). The quoting process was painless and completed within 5 days, with included visit to our house, outline of several options, nomination of expected functionality, reliability and performance and in our view reasonable price.
Solaire Connect did not disappoint and we were very happy with the prompt, efficient and knowledgeable service provided during the quoting process.

Liaison with both power utilities (Synergy & Western Power) and equipment attachment approvals were all carried out on our behalf. Recovery of our old system and installation of the replacement proceeded without incident, and on schedule even though it was a very hot summer's day. There was full consultation on our preferred location of the panels, inverter and metering module (so called smart meter device). An oversight in not software-activating the metering function was remedied remotely in response to my follow-up telephone call.

9 months later we asked Gary: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The 6.66kW Longi+SolarEdge system is performing well.
An unexpected outcome is the system output has never reached 5kW. Typical maximum output is 4kW.
This is because nearly every house in the street has solar power and our system output reduces as the grid voltage approaches 254V AC.
Somewhat bizarrely, the system output can be raised (to near 5kW) by switching on high power consumption devices.
Clearly we would gain more from our investment in the upgraded solar PV if we had a battery and/or electric vehicle, however we consider the purchase price of either is unreasonable at this time.

Superb.

1) The sales/quoting process was exceptional.
2) The installation went like clock work. The tradesman were excellent. I rate them 10/10..
3) The customer service was brilliant. Everything was done as planned.
4) I would recommend Solaire Connect to anyone in a heart beat.

Personal service, job done, no hassles

We had email responses from the three recommended suppliers. Only one offered a personal visit to assess our situation on-site. We took up the offer, were offered a choice of systems at various price points and made our choice. There was some delay until installation (Covid, weather issues) but a date was set and kept to, and the installation on the day was very well organised. I would recommend this company for its professional service.

Smooth process

From the initial contact by Danny of Solaire Connect, to the installation process I felt like a valued customer. I was listened to and all my questions were answered quickly. While I paid more for my system then I originally expected to pay I am confident that I have a good quality, long lasting system installed and should something fail I expect to have everything covered under the product warranty without fuss.

Great service and quality product at a reasonable price - easy

The whole process from first engagement through to installation and follow-up was seamless and adaptable. We installed a higher-end system (panels & inverter - not battery) but was price was better than competitors that quoted.

During the day of installation, I was able to alter the panel layout ahead of install to better suit what we were after, any broken roof tiles were replaced and the site was left clean and tidy afterwards.

Have only had the system running for less than a month but no issues so far and would recommend Kevan and the Solaire team to others.

quick efficient friendly installer

salesman knew what he was talking about. whole experience from beginning to end was easy and communication great

Easy and efficient process

The sales person was very helpful in explaining the options for solar. The quote was reasonable given that I opted for an optimised system. Installation was speedy and efficient. Since installation, I am happy with the performance of the system and my ability to monitor to production and consumption. Thoroughly recommended.

Great experience all round

Salesperson was on time, happy to discuss options for future proofing system so battery could be added if they become reasonably price and worth the investment. Different levels of inverters offered and they had the best warranty offered. I have been very happy with the performance of the system since it installation.

Sales person knew solar systems, company very professional

All the quoters were good, but especially solar connects and perth solar force.

Hassle free and professional

Kevan from Solaire Connect made the effort to come out and talk to us about our needs and was punctual and professional.

Kevan knew exactly the right configuration for our needs and budget. Thanks to the solar + battery system we now typically only use a few kilowatts per day from the grid.

Handy app shows us how much we're using at any time and from what source - solar, grid or battery - and great statistics over time show us per week, month and even year what our power generation and usage is.

We have the added bonus of being able to run off battery during power outages!

Installation went exactly as explained by Kevan - no issues or problems. I was a bit concerned the installers were not using safety harnesses - we have a two storey home so I would have thought they should have worn harnesses when on the second storey.

Kevan arranged everything with the power grid connection and approval - we didn't have to do a thing!

Well designed system, top quality components, understood my requirements.

I chose Solarie Connect out of four suppliers that contacted me. The sales process was by far the best. I communicated my requirements - I want to get an EV and battery storage in future, so wanted a system that could take a battery in future, and would be compatible with adding an EV charger to charge from solar and battery. I also expressed interest in DC Optimiser / Micro Inverter technology to ensure that any indivudual panel faults or shaded panels would not bring down the entire string of panels.

All installers except for Solaire Connect tried to talk me out of this and positioned inverter brands I'd never heard of.

Even though Solaire Connect's build was not the cheapest, they took my requirements into account and positioned a SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter that is battery ready and can be upgraded with an EV charger attachment.

The on-site installation went exceptionally well. The installers were on-time, very polite, communicated what they were doing, and did a neat and tidy job. Cabling was run through the cavity walls instead of surface conduit, so it looks great. They replaced the inevitable broken tiles, and there have been no leaks (and we've had some pretty severe storms laterly). I wish the people that installed my air-conditioning were this thorough.

I cannot recommend Solaire Connect highly enough.

Very good service from sales to install

Quality product and knowledgeable staff. Great communication every email was responded to quickly. Install team were punctual and efficient, cleaning up at the end of the job properly.
Highly recommended.

Quality system and great customer service

If I proceeded with another installer I would not have a system that runs this well. While it was more expensive, it is more suitable for my roof layout. These guys know their stuff. On the day of installation, they proceeded when the weather permitted and got the job done. Then the next day when they checked the system remotely, they informed me of a minor issue and came and resolved it. Fantastic sales, installation, and support.

This is the second time I have used them and I highly recommend them. I have no doubt they will be around for the long term.

Good install, some problems with installation.

The sales and quoting process was fine and i was able to get a small discount when asked.
The installation had some issues though. Many of my roof tiles got broken (about 20) and this meant i had to go out twice to get more from a salvage yard so the install could finish. The roof was restored and painted before my solar installation but its hard to tell who actually did the damage, the solar blokes or roof restorers, probably a bit of both. I was told so many tiles being broken on a job was out of the norm but make of that what you will.
Customer service was fine and they helped get my monitoring and smart reader working.

Original Review on 01-11-2020:

Very professional

Came on the dot. All the paperwork was done .Installers very polite
Workspace left tidy. No issues

8 months later we asked Elaine: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I think so.A difficult year to assess really.We have had credit from the state government so hard to know till next year what our bills will be like.

Original Review on 13-10-2020:

Quality Installation

Very professional presentation. It resulted in the same option as another supplier but this was at a substantially lower cost. The installation was done on the quoted day and was in my opinion a very high standard job. No mess and completely setup and operational at the completion of the job. I have no hesitation in recommending this supplier and product Original ratings

8 months later we asked Hendrik: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Since October 6th 2020 until 15th June 2021 (217 days) the system has produced 7.26KW and the savings generated from free electricity that we have used together with the sale of electricity exported to the Grid the up to the end of may 2021 was $897. I expect the system to pay for itself within 5 years which represents far greater return than leaving the money in the bank.

Excellent company to deal with.

Sales quote very clear and detailed
Installer arrived on time and all went smoothly.
Crew were great and very professional.

Was connected to grid within a hour of completion.
They were the only company I got a quote from that offered an enhancement that greatly improves it's effectiveness.

A great company to deal with

Right from the start of the quoting phase the fact the company Sales Rep came out to the house rather than purely quote of the internet aerial shots of the house was positive for me after having 2 previous rejections without even looking at our house in real life. (do these companies really want to stay in business) The Sales Rep was well versed and had all of the answers I required including technical questions asked. We were given feedback right up to the install date.

A team of 4 guys turned up for the install and I could not speak highly enough of this team. They worked well together and managed to complete the install and handover in half a day. They were polite, careful, worked well together and obviously good tradesman as they left the house without even knowing they were here.

All of the installed system worked as described in the initial quoting phase.

Very happy with the process overall and highly recommend Solaire Connect as a supplier and installer for solar systems.

Installation was carried out professionally.

I was impressed with the initial design and quotation process, they were able to give good answers to my queries.
Installers were on site as planned. they were polite and left the place tidy after installation. My disappointment was that Installers were able to install lesser capacity system that I was anticipating, due to some site specific limitations. I wished I knew this that before, at design/quotation stage.

Solaire customer service was very good and they had all organised the grid connect process by getting necessary information passed on to Western Power.

I had the grid connection established seamlessly soon after installation.

10.5kw 3 phase 8.25kw inverter

Realistic sales pitch. Price was same as others for same system. Was upfront they used a contractor for install but was the same team for past 5 years. I then compared this against reviews and it matched for low complaint feedback high positive feedback, this was not the same for others

Original Review on 20-09-2020:

Great customer service

Kev took the time to come to my place and answer all my annoying engineering questions.
Very polite and punctual. The whole process was well explained upfront and followed up later.

8 months later we asked Filippe: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is working reliably and saving hips on electricity bill.

No fuss quote and installation

Only company to actually visit my house to inspect and discuss installation. Detailed quote supplied with two options. Installation carried out on agreed date in half a day. Neat and tidy job. No issues, system working great.

5 stars all the way.

Initial meeting with Kevan was both helpful and instructive. No hard sell, just an explanation of the options available and what we could expect from the system. The installation was excellent, on time, professionally done and completely clean with absolutely no mess. The system is perfect and precisely what Kevan described. We couldn't be more pleased.

Great experience.

The entire process from first appointment thru to instal was seamless. Very professional and although not the cheapest the quality of the system is well suited for our needs.

All good now

Found it strange none of the team leaders or installers introduced themselves at any stage of the install. One bloke gave me a very quick rundown of the inverter setup before they set off on their way home.

Smooth Process

The process was smooth and there were no disappointments. Solaire Connect weren't that quick to make the initial contact with us to provide a quote, so I'm glad we waited for them. Their sales process was efficient and uncomplicated, they did what they said they would do, and on time. There was a small problem with 3 of the panels initially and it was resolved very quickly and with no fuss. The onsite trades people were polite and very tidy, when they left you couldn't even tell they had been there. We would definitely recommend Solaire Connect.

Original Review on 17-08-2020:

A Good experience

All companies requested to quote made a site visit and gave a comprehensive quote. All questions clearly answered.
Solaire quote was clear, was products I preferred and after acceptance handled negations with western power.
Advise on installation was timely and occurred as discussed. The unit was handed over and left operating. The installation shows a professional finish.

8 months later we asked Daryl: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My System has performed to expectations.
There have been no issues thus far,

Solar Installation

My initial contact with Ben was very informative and professional .
Within the hour he had emailed a detailed submission for consideration
The whole process from meter change to install was discussed and agreed
The install was clean thorough and very professional
Simon and his team were on time, very well versed in the job and a please to deal with

My main point is the whole process was absolutely seamless. What they advised upfront was done to the letter, from the quote stage to the meter change/install to the full installation.

Your service standards and workmanship is a rare commodity today and is much appreciated

David Lane
0417 000 217

Excellent service and a quality installation

Good communication, came to my house to answer any questions and to detail my options even though the company was located over an hour and half from my home. Knowledgeable sales staff with an informative and no pressure approach. Not the cheapest quotes I received but a professional outfit that seemed to go the extra 10%.
I was upsold to a SolarEdge inverter to suit my 3phase supply and panels on 3 different roof aspects.
Waited approx 3 weeks for installation. The crew arrived on time and installed everything to my requirements, providing an adequate handover when they were finished taking approx 3 hrs.
All in all a very positive experience with all members of the Team, we were kept informed every step of the way. The system has been working for about a month and is performing as expected.

Fantastic Installer.

Solaire Connect took the time to visit site and answer questions. Installation took place on the targeted date and was installed within the day. All appears to have gone well!

Great team, from quote to installation.

The quoting service was outstanding. Ticked all the boxes I expected. Very knowledgeable answered all our questions, extremely pleased.
The installation team were punctual, very professional, polite and they left everything clean and tidy when they finished.
Customer service from this company was excellent, everything was organised from start to finish. Great installer. Highly recommend.

Original Review on 28-07-2020:

Quality

A lot of information during the quote to help make an informed decision.
Install was well done and on time.
A good company to deal with

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has been performing exactly as expected. The system should have paid for itself in no time

Great price, communication and fast install

Great, knowledgeable communication during quoting. Fast install upon quote acceptance. Fantastic installation - done in 3hrs and would not have known they had been.

Original Review on 15-07-2020:

Choosing Solaire Connect

Everything about Solaire Connect worked for me - good quality products, fair price, polite, no pressure informative sales person, quick to answer questions, installation went without a hitch. Still waiting for my app, which is odd. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Madeleine: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, I think so. I'm paying about $30 for 2 months in the summer months, but I can't add any more panels and I do have a lot of shade.

Solar Panel Selection

Solaire Connect provided the best service and a reasonable price

Original Review on 08-07-2020:

Good honest no bs service at a fair price, using quality components

We wanted to get as much free power as we could from a system, after contacting 2 companies and telling them of our requirements only one came back to us with a plan to meet our needs. We wanted to drastically reduce our power costs and required the maximum Quality panels to be installed and as they were the only company to provide this service, we went ahead. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Gillian: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Cant say yet

Exceptional company

Super impressed by Solaire after talking to other solar power companies. Professional sales and service, excellent communication at all stages of the process. Solaire did all the legwork Re hook up with Synergy and govt rebate etc. Also get an app to monitor the power created daily.
Happy to highly recommend them. 5 star service. Thanks Solaire!

Original Review on 25-06-2020:

A great experience

Brad at Solaire Connect provided us with a couple of quotes to consider. He was extremely helpful and informative, making the whole process very easy. The installers Jimmy & Matt kept us fully informed throughout the process and did a fantastic job. Would highly recommend Solaire Connect to anyone considering installation of a Solar System. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Bruce Sharon: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

We are on track to saving a little over $1,650 in the first 12 months or payback time 3.75 years

great installation very efficient - value and quality to be determined over time - removed 10 year old system

all good on all levels so far - all of the above

Great professional service.

Really good communication through the whole process. The installers where tidy and very professional.

Great System

Solaire was helpful and knowledgeable throughout the process on picking our solar system. We did get great advice from all three companies quoted which also reflects well on solarquotes themselves.

Solaire was also able to give us a great price even though we couldnt fit into the 2020 window before the rebate was reduced and were happy to give us a 2020 price even though the installation couldn't be until the 2021 year.

Excellent Service

Ben was fantastic with quoting the system, answered all questions with no B/S!! great for a not so technical person.
The installation Process was extremely quick and efficient, the guys was great with system up and running within 2hrs.

Quality of Installation

The three companies suggested by SolarQuotes were all very professional and came to my home to discuss my wants/needs with solar power. I selected Solaire Connect because of (1) the quality of product suggested i.e. QCell panels with Solar Edge inverter; (2) locally well proven family owned business with extensive experience & (3) most importantly convincing me on the quality of the installers (direct employees) and the quality of the installation (attention to some detail that other companies did not mention. The installation was timely including the app connection as promised.

I had a lot to learn about Solar

I spoke with all 3.
They were all busy, and as a result it was harder to communicate with some.
They were all keen to sell me a system. Some misinformation, so its important to understand what you want and what you are purchasing.
Nice people. Very polite, tidy and punctual.
They did all the organising and were happy to answer all my questions. All I had to do was pay.

Great Service

Installation was brought forward 1 day from the original date given and that was a bonus for me. The guys were quick and workmanship next to none . Had a delay with the installation of the smart meter but that didn’t bother me much as l was happy with the overall install.

Great professional experience

The initial approach was excellent with a home visit for over 1 hour, particularly as the Company was based approx. 120kms away on the other side of Perth.
In any case they offered the best technical solution with specific features that I wanted at a reasonable price. An installation date was offered and suitable, and they organised necessary approvals through Synergy which included a new Meter. For the installation they arrived on-time at 8am and were finished by 12 noon. Details of the Inverter were explained clearly and the monitoring system was connected via my Wi-Fi.
Very impressed with the whole experience and very happy to recommend Solar Connect.

Completed in no time

This was by far not the cheapest system.

This was however delivered within 3 weeks of ordering. The installers were professional, tidy and efficient. They even repaired a broken tile they noticedmon the roof.

It is too early to say how effective the system is for us, but the system is doing exactly as advertised.

Professionally thorough. Highly recommended.

A quality experience with every member of the team. Thank you Solaire. Attentive listeners, practical solutions and quality products. We were kept informed every step of the way and everything ran to schedule. The install was low fuss and the job looks smick. Could not recommend this team highly enough.

Original Review on 06-05-2020:

Quality system, quality installation and flexible to deal with

Quoting and follo up was punctual
Installation team was great. Slight delay in commissioning but as I paid full amount after this was no issue for me. Due to my roof structure not being able to support the quoted number of panels I was given the option to change the lesser number of panels to higher wattage ones on the day of the installation. Installation team were great to deal with.

8 months later we asked Tim: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Overall system meets but not exceeds expectations. 5.28 kw system = 4.5 kW peak and a max daily production of 33.5kWh. On my usage patterns, although not yet a full 12 months, I estimate my real electricity bill savings will be about $1000 per year, meaning a 6 year pay back. System has performed without problems.

SolarEdge inverter & Longi panels installed by Solair Connect

Salesman was polite and not pushy.
Installation went ahead on schedule and without issues
Customer service overall was good