• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Solar Power Nation Reviews

About Solar Power Nation, Solar Installers

Please note that this company is not a SolarQuotes client. Anyone can leave a review of any solar company on this site.

At Solar Power Nation Our vision is to make solar power affordable for every Australian . To achieve this we have sought out solar adviser's from across Australia to join us in this task. With upwards of 7 years experience for all of our Directors and staff from various other solar companies and jobs, we have a team that is ready to put together a solar package to suit your needs.

Solar Power Nation Solar Reviews

Paid my deposit on 3/10/17 and still have no install date, I call constantly and get the run around, someone's not available, will call back tomorrow, has now been 6months and has cost me thousands in lost solar when I was promised a two to four week wait for install. They have claimed all the rebates, so until they refund my deposit and with draw the claims I can't go elsewhere. Do not use solar power nation. They sell you solar panels but have no one to install them. Worst company EVER. Show additional information
Guaranteed me the price despite knowing that they would not be able to install before the new year and loss of 6/7% of STC's because of that. So kudos for that. Were the cheapest by a reasonable amount and seem to still be going by what Google etc continues to bombard me with.

Had an installer turn up with the wrong brackets and then had to wait another couple of weeks to the installation which ended up being two months from sign up, but of course included the XMAS break.

You most likely can get better service and less tardiness elsewhere, but they were honest at all times and did not harass as much as other suppliers contacted. Doubt that there is anyone cheaper and quite happy to recommend them, which I already have to others.
Thank you Sam Smith for your help. Show additional information
Solar Power Nation was a nightmare. After 4 months and no installation we were told they had no installers and did we know any??? We asked for our deposit back and they said it was impossible. It took weeks of us being hung up on and constantly being treated rudely before they finally caved and gave us our money back. Took hours of our time. I’ve never been through such a ridiculous experience. Show additional information
Well done solar power nation Show additional information
System not installed yet, but customer service is terrific, Mohit Singh is very good and answered all my questions, its good to deal with someone that knows their product, if you ring Solar Power Nation ask for Mohit. Show additional information
I am getting monthly average bills of around $50.00 out of my 5 kW Solar System.
Very happy with the performance. The team at Solar Power Nation had me up and running in a very short time. I have had the system for just over a year and its worked flawlessly from day one.
I have done good research in market for panels and inverters and system size which will be ideal for my home.Solar power nation answered all my queries professionally. Mac was of great help. would definitely recommend Solar power nation. Price customer service and Installation all were perfect. it took 4 week to get it installed. Everyone from sales to installation team were great and friendly. at the price they giving tier 1 panels is best in the market and i believe it is best deal in market. Show additional information
From the initial stage up to the end the solar power nation was giving us the great customer service as initially I could afford the system but they were giving me a great financial solution to my situation, The system which I had was Fronius inverter with Trina honey panels and the price was unbeatable with every quote I took , From the start to the end their customer service was really great and kept me up to date and the installer were really friendly efficient and all occurred in timely manner and most importantly the panels were installed as per suited to our consumption and our input were highly valued.

I really appreciate that the Solar Power Nation brought solar to our home and I highly recommended the Solar Power Nation.

Thanks and all the best Solar Power Nation.
It was only took 2 months from the quoatation to installation process, Very good customer service good quality products and prompt installation Highly recommended Solor Power Nation. Show additional information
From start till finish i would say it took 5 weeks. My system is working really good. I would recommend these guys to other people. Best price products and installation. Joel was very efficient with his installation work. Show additional information
From the start Sam, Chris and Harman were very helpful and Sam in particular kept me updated on the progress. I was initially told that the process of service provider applications etc would take 6 to 8 week up to the time of installation and was pleasantly surprised when Sam contacted me to advise installation after 3 weeks. The installation was handled very professionally and efficiently by the installers with the site left in a tidy condition after completion. The day was hot and I kept supplying the guys with water and soft drinks but they continued regardless. Nure was extremely professional and work in the rain that evening to complete the electrical work at 10:00 pm that night. He still made himself available to assist with any issues I might have over the telephone.
With the service I received to date from the team at Solar Power Nation I am happy to recommend them to my family and friends with my daughter and her husband planning to install their system in the near future.
I am totally upset. I have been fobbed off, lied to and treated with contempt. They are useless, unprofessional and incompetent. After nearly 4 months, I have given up on them and want my deposit back.
I paid a deposit on the 19/10/2017 and heard nothing more about an installation date, a shading plan and or a roof layout for the panels.
In December I finally got a phone call from an installer about the project. He was from the Latrobe Valley, about 100 kms east of Melbourne and had been told I was a metro Melbourne job. I actually live 90 minutes North west of Melbourne, so it was at least a 3 hour trip for him (one way) and he decided not to accept the job which I can understand.
I made more inquiries about when the install was to happen only to get brushed off. I sent long emails and got non informative 3 or 4 answers when replied to.
Now they are telling me they can't do the job and cant tell me why.
I have asked to speak to someone with a technical or trade background or a person who is higher up the chain of command and I am told they will call me back in 5 minutes. For the last 2 weeks I have been given the same 5 minute promise on 5 or 6 occasions, have had people hang up on me and told me to ring back tomorrow as it is to close to the close of business.
The price was very good, the service is the worst I have ever had.
Don't even bother with them. The money saved was not worth the aggravation and the time I spent on them. Useless, unprofessional and incompetent.
We got our panels installed within 6weeks. The installers were very efficient. Happy with the whole service. Show additional information
Be careful before buying,

I had registered Solar 25th October 2017 with Installation period as 4 weeks which is end of November so i thought its good so I've signed up and paid the deposit in October 2017 and since than no trace of my system at all. No communication until end of November, i rang the sales consultant then she said panels are out of stock so we may get a bit of a delay for sure we will install before Christmas.

I was chasing them every alternate day then after weekend they suddenly consultant disappear and no other person from organisation had given a response.

I lost patience and asked them to refund my money which they didn't agree , had lot of arguments. Wasted lot of my valuable time with this unprofessional staff.

I lost hope and left it then some time mid of January 2018 they had installed system . Installation took around 3 months plus .

After Installation still paper work is not sorted ... still i cant use Solar because Energy provider didn't receive any documentation ... I am not sure when this problem will come to an end.

Very poor customer service , no responsaability , poor communication with in a team , no return back call from staff and lot more to stay ....

Buying solar with Solar power Nation is breaking your head.

This company promised the world then went back on their word. We agreed on a price which I have in writing that there wouldn't be any further charges then they came back with an additional $600. Initially very persistent calling all the time. to organise a refund of my initial deposit it has taken over 3 weeks. Not sure what the delay could be as it literally would take 5 minutes to process a refund.

Please do not use this company they are full of empty promises.
Signed contract and paid deposit for 6kW system on 19th Nov 2017, assured system would be installed before Xmas, now end of January and still waiting, made many ph calls, none returned, many hollow promises, still waiting. I have serious doubts about this supplier, do not pay a deposit and in my opinion it would be wise to go for a more reputable supplier. I will be engaging another supplier post the 19th Feb as they will have had 3 months to carry out the install, I will pursue them for return of deposit, wish me luck with that one! Show additional information
Due to rush for 31st December the install was delayed but we got installed first week of January . Price is unbeatable.

I think due to price and rush in December there was little delay but they are getting it right on installation now. Installers were friendly and did job in 5 hours. I would definitely reccomend solar power nation.
After initial poor customer service and run around with dates etc. All was good after contacting the Founder, installers were good and professional and took away the rubbish when done. Would recommend Solar power natiion for a good system at a great price. They are working on their customer service so just be patient. Bang for buck they are unbeatable. Show additional information
Be warned,

If you want to get solar system installed on your house look elsewhere. I've signed up and paid the deposit in October 2017 and since than no trace of my system at all. It will be 12 weeks this week, so much for the 4-8 week installation period.

I've lost the patience, last I heard was a promise to schedule the installation this week 8-12 of January 2018 but I've heard nothing from anyone nor is anyone returning my calls.

Appalling treatment of customers and 0 communications.

If you signed up like me good luck otherwise run as far as you can if you are thinking about it.

Vinko M (WA)

Value for money: Yes if you get the system installed at all.
Quality of the system: WHAT SYSTEM? I'm still to see something being installed.
Installation: Questionable if it will ever happen?
Customer Service: You really need to add an option for '0' as 1 is already too much.
Had a bad experience with these guys. Dont go with them. They gave me fake promises during sales and delay badly after the sale is done.

I fell for their promise on call during sale. They said they will install by first week of Dec. (I had another provider who said he can install by end of Dec). Since they promised by first week of Dec, I choose them. The sames person said he checked everything 200% and and it will be installed in first week for sure. He said he double checked.

But on first week of December. I called them to check about installation (they did not even bother to call), He said panels are out of stock. If you choose to another company panels we can install on 9th Dec or 10th Dec. I asked him to double check, he said he cannot promise on 9th, but will be surely done by 10th. I changed to another panels. Another $100 added to invoice.

I called them on 7th Dec about installation (they never called to inform about installation). He said he will check with installed and get back. They called me on 8th Dec and they said panels are out of stock, Installer has gone on leave and we cannot install till second week of January. He says no other option, tell me a date in January and we will install.

Is it real ?? Do they not know when they asked me to change panels to install on 9th Dec? Do they not know that installer is going on leave?

They don't stick to the installation dates and prices, they try to delay as much as possible. They don't even care to call you and inform you about change of plans.

They have put me in such a position. I cannot go with my second option provider because now they will take another month to process. These guys also will install only in January.

These guys say something on phone, Say different on emails. They say first week of Dec on phone but in Quote they say 4-8 weeks. And sales persons manager says, please refer to your Quote.

If you don't want to take all these tensions and arguments with these people, don't go with them. They will not bother when you have issues with system at later point of time. I realised this after speaking to these guys after sales was done.

Don't fall for fake promises these guys make on call. They will not accept that they said that on call. If you still going with these guys falling for price, as i did, get everything in writing. Sales person and managers are all same. They just act smart for selling this product. At the end of the day they are all people with no honesty and they don't listen what you saying.

Here are the reasons I received:

1. dec 2nd installation date - you ran out of stock and made me choose another brand panels for which I agreed and new installation date given as dec 12th
2. dec 12th installation date - your installer gone on holiday (your sales manager and his manager argues for more than 1 hr and promised 12 th Jan) (They said they checked everything including installer dates, stick, etc and said installation on 12 Jan is not going to slip at all at any cost)
3. jan 12 installation date - received mail on 8th jan from your operations manager chris saying "unfortunately 12 jan is not suitable for installer and he does not have any dates. and you will give a call as soon as installer got dates)

How can installer dont have dates when your sales person checked everything inclusing installer schedule and promised me 12 jan as installation date ??
I was on holidy and cut short it by a week and arrived on 8th jan instead of 16th jan becuase you guys promised 12 jan installation. So what now?
will next reason for new date postpone be "Installer broke his leg" ? or "Installer dog not well" ?

Such a silly reasons to postpone dates.

I called all the numbers you have including sales person, his manager, reception, operations manager. No one answers phone. all phones are switched off. You operations manager smart enough to send emails from "operations email" and not from his email address, so that I cannot reply to him. Even if i send email, no reply.

Are you real ? After I put in deposit, i read reviews on many blogs and realised that this is common approach for a business to say "you are out of stock and change panels and postpone dates", "say installed not available", etc.

Get it installed on 12th Jan if you want to prove that you are a real business and care for customers and not make any fake promises and screw up with customers personal life (screwed my holidays, I have already taken 2 days leave from my work expecting you guys to install)

I lost more than what I am paying for this solar system.

My Invoice date: 17 Nov 2017. Invoice number: INV-08182

Yesterday I was lucky to speak to you reception after 1000s of calls and she promised to call me back after speaking to chris. but there is no call back. I called her at 10:00 AM, she said CHris operations manager is in a meeting and i left message and he will call back in 30 mins. I called back after 40 mins to check, she says he is gone for client visits. does it mean they are avoiding customers after taking deposits ?
She asked if I want money back ? DO I ? No. I want it to be installed as I already lost months of time. I had other service provider who was ready to install by dec, but I made a mistake taking your 12 jan promise as real. If you delay further pay for my electricity bills based on system i choose to install if you can or install on 12th as promised.
Paid my deposit on November 3rd and was told there would be no delay on install. It would be up to me and likely complete in 2-3 weeks. As soon as they had my deposit they had suddenly run out of solar panels!

They tried to flog me inferior panels for same price (dodgey tactic I had read about) or I could wait till December 12th for install. I agreed to wait.

Was told it would still be done before christmas. Last spoke on 18th of December. Salesperson just wanted to get me off the phone and promised me a call back shortly. Still nothing has happened, have called and emailed alot with no reply.

Is now 9 weeks since I paid deposit and I cannot get a call or email back.

Am very dissapointed in my decision to use Solar Power Nation.
Solar power nation gives us best quote with Trina honey panels and fronious in nsw for $4899. Sales rep was very helpful and install was carried in a professional was hot day but installer completed the job. Very neat install no mess was left
We would definately refer these guys to anyone
Thanks solar power nation
My overall experience has been great.
Mac was of great help. I have refered my collegue to them as well. Solar power nation????
I got actually what i was told .really happy with everything Show additional information
They have had our money for 5 months and have not yet installed the system they will not return calls and constantly avoid us. None of their phone numbers seem to be valid Show additional information
Great experience
Best price products
And everything was done within 3 weeks time
I believe they are honest company it’s only a busy period of the year which cause little delay.
I will must reccomend solar power nation
Paid deposit at the beginning of october. Mac was super helpful and got us a good deal. However, the Panels we ordered were out of stock hence the original estimate of install of Dec 8th has been now pushed to 15th Dec. Two days until the 15th and still no one has contacted me despite sending emails and making phone calls.
Will have to see how we go.
Good job.everything went with plan Show additional information
Overall experience was great. Now waiting for my mothers house to be installed. I would say you must try solar power nation, great prices. Show additional information
I paid the deposit for a 5kW system, they assured me it would be installed within 4 weeks, did not happen, then after 5 weeks, I was told, sorry we cannot install the system as you live to far afield from Melbourne, why couldn't they have told me that before they got my deposit of $430, was told it would take 7 days to refund my deposit, but they were quite happy to hold on to my deposit for 5 weeks, not happy jan. Show additional information
Please be careful of Solar Power Nation company they did ask me deposit for the solar panel installation. I did pay some money over the phone with credit card Since the customer service was so terrible they gave me the wrong quote for the product . I refused to go ahead and cancelled the installation. They never returned my money back, no service, no ethics. They have shocking customer service. Please never pay before you get the product. Thanks Show additional information
Every thing was good???????? Show additional information
Everything was good from deposit till installation. Show additional information
Its given time 4 to 8 weeks for installation but installation done in 2 weeks only and installers done a great job.....also to sam for recommending such system and support Show additional information
Everything went smooth from deposit till installation Show additional information
After several problems with installation date changes, panels and product being delivered as I live in Ballina NSW, I had Vish step in with issues getting resolved quickly.
Installer was Joel from Tweed Heads who did a fantastic job and I have no hesitation at recommending Vish and Joel to friends who are looking at installing solar in the future.

Many thanks.
Paid for a system installed months ago and still can't get elec credit because paperwork not submitted to my supplier. Despite weeks of calls, requests, frustration and time wasted . Pointless paying for system I effectively can't make use of. I thought I had all the details covered when searching for installers and no-one mentioned this little detail which can render your money completely wasted. I suggest you don't pay the installer until your elec supplier verifies the installation has been registered. The industry needs to change it's practices to prevent other people suffering the same fate.

Hi Pete
Thanks for your feedback. As we have informed you already and we even gave you the number of the installer with his accreditation detail as he didn't submit the paperwork for your job with us. He informed us he will do it but he never did anything on it. He informed us saying he got some serious personal and family problems due to which he needed to go to Fiji. We respected his reason as they were personal problems within his family. He promised every day but due to his personal problem he is still not able to do so. We gave you his contact number and Accreditation number as well. We really apologise for any inconvenience as this is causing us delay in processing Government related paperwork and Your paperwork as well. For any other question you have please call our office and ask for Mac and he will help you about this.
I was very impressed by the service and product. I ordered the system on the Tuesday and was told installation would be approximately four weeks. I received another phone call two days later to say they would be installing it on Monday. Then on the Sunday I received another call to say it was expected to be bad weather on the Monday and would it be OK for them to come that afternoon. So from ordering to full installation it was less than a week. The fellows that installed the system were very friendly, efficient and professional. I have no problem in recommending this company. Show additional information
Had a great experience with solar power nation.Mac their sales consultant was very quick to reply to any questions I had no matter time of day or night. From me accepting quote to system being installed was less than a week.As far as I can tell system is working great.Installers broke one tile, but alerted us to this and replaced it. Only slight issue was English was clearly a second language for everyone I spoke a little hard to communicate with at times. But did a great job ,so would highly recommend. Price was excellent. Show additional information
Good job done and I am happy with it so far. Show additional information
20 Seraphim panels and Zever inverter at a great price. Install Team was great and know what they were doing. It happened exactly the way it need to be. Show additional information
The workmen arrived when they said they would. They worked very hard from dawn until dusk until they had finished their work. The installation was explained to us in a competent manner. We recommend this company. Show additional information
July they gave me quote including meter but when they installed they didn't put meter also they didn't told me any thing I find out after months when called them they said because your energy provider cancel your permission.
But when I call my provider they said they just lodged application 1 of September like 45 days after installation, isn't that illegal? Also every time they said my manager will call you but not anyone called back so finely I put application against them to fair trading.