• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Solar Power Nation Reviews

About Solar Power Nation, Solar Installers

Please note that this company is not a SolarQuotes client. Anyone can leave a review of any solar company on this site.

----

At Solar Power Nation Our vision is to make solar power affordable for every Australian . To achieve this we have sought out solar adviser's from across Australia to join us in this task. With upwards of 7 years experience for all of our Directors and staff from various other solar companies and jobs, we have a team that is ready to put together a solar package to suit your needs.

Solar Power Nation Solar Reviews

Solar Power Nation completed the installation in a few hours. No issues and friendly installers. Best value compared to other solar companies.

Recommend SPN. Wireless remote monitoring setup working fine.
I can't fault SPN. Awesome value for money product. Mine was a straight forward installation on a new home. Installation was done by local sub-contractor who did an awesome job and left my place spotlessly clean. Only issue I had was my Electricity Retailer was slow converting my electricity meter to a bi-directional meter but that is not SPN's fault. Show additional information
Just very impressed on the time and quality of install Show additional information
My son organised it al for me. I had no input, but everything seems satisfactory. Show additional information
In researching my system I compared prices (same system) with four other installers, Solar Power Nation was the cheapest based on Solax Inverter and Jinko Panels. From the reviews on this site I realised they often did not install quickly and sometimes stretched out the time to install. I live 150km from Sydney and knew I would have to wait until they were doing other jobs in this area.

The six week promised install stretched to almost three months, during this period I made a number of emails and phone call to the sales team and was told various reasons for the delay.

The installation team did a good job, but I then had to wait a further three weeks until the electrician was working in the area, he also did a good job and was very helpful.
Using the Solax Monitoring System I found the system was resetting once the grid power exceeded 255v, I contacted the electrician and was walked through changing a few settings on the inverter and this solved the problem, they system is now working with no problems.

Bottom line I knew there would be delays, but am pleased with the price and installation.
Very positive experience. I would recommend solar power nation . Great price for a good system and great service. Accent of some operators was very heavy and it was difficult to understand but thats a small thing. Overall great. Show additional information
Good customer service. Installation was quick and hassle free, with the whole system up and running in less than a day. Came at the agreed time and cleaned up after the job. Show additional information
Solar power nation was extremely unprofessional. Staff could not answer many basic questions about the system. The phone numbers provided were not answered once despite many calls at various times during the day. No calls were returned. Emails were mostly ignored or responded to very late. Every claim made by staff turned out to be false. I was given new installation day estimates which changed constantly. I was originally told 3 weeks , but after 7 weeks there was no progress at all and I was told the panels were out of stock. I had to ask for refund about 10 times. I've sent more than 30 emails and made countless calls. Terrible experience and a huge waste of time and effort. Do yourself a favour and avoid them. Show additional information
Solar Power Nation were great to deal with. Apart from an initial delay between deposit and installation everything went very smoothly. The installers were very friendly and professional.
We are very happy with the outcome and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Solar Power Nation to others.
I had a good experience with Solar Power Nation. The price was very competitive and I was always kept informed if the installation timing. It was all carried out as per the schedule as promised. When I needed some follow up after the installation, Simran the after sale support officer responded very promptly and again kept me well informed. Thanks Simran. Show additional information
Had our solar installed in 3- 4 weeks from initial payment in full,
I asked the installers to be careful not to break any roof tiles as we had the roof redone on a few months before hand,I told them to tell my wife if they had broken any while they were doing the installation.(yeah right )
When I got home I went to have a look at our investment ( the panels).
I noticed a lot of the panels had blemishes and marks on them, as well as 10 broken tiles, I have been in contact with the installer he told me they can fix the broken tiles with silicone ..not really what I wanted to hear, and about the panels he told me to contact Solar Power Nation it has been more than a month ago this is the reply I received (There is insurance for installation nothing to worry about will fix your problem thanks. )
Please be aware and don’t go through what I did with Solar Power Nation!
Just found out our solar system was installed on 26.4.18 today is 6.7.18 our energy company hasn’t been notified of the install, and the electrical inspector hasn’t been to check the work!
And we are not making any $$$
Please Visit website to make a complaint as I have done http://www.solaraccreditation.com.au
Was anyone else unsatisfied with the installation?
We are very happy with the service by whole team of solar power nation ,customer service is very impressive. Show additional information
I would like to start with positively by saying their quote was the cheapest but probably the rest of the experience was not so good.

Here are the problems we have with the installation:

1. Water leakage after the installation.
2. Wires connecting each row of the panel are touching to the roof. I get to know that it is not as per the standard and due to the high temperature of the tiles in summer it can use the wire to burn and lead to burning the whole place
3. Some minor issues like mounting which panel rests on are not cut consistently (poor workmanship) i.e. some are a quite long one side

At one point it looked like they are out of business as I could not reach them from any of their phones no (02 8880 4009, 1300 853 393 or any of their email addresses or their key sales guy as Mac Guru 0426136262) or their technician Noor as well as contacting them through the "contact us" from their website for several weeks.

Thanks to SolarQuote I was able to find their key person's contact details and I believe just because I mentioned that I got their contact details from SolarQuotes I received the reply first time that they are able to fix those issue but will result in costing $250 even if the documentation I have received from the company states that it includes 10 years Installation and workmanship warranty.

After the Solar panel was laid the person (Usman) who has done the major work to our place confessed that he is not CEC Certified and work for the minimum wage on cash shifts bases. If I knew before then I would not have gone with them

Any suggestion to deal with the situation appreciated.
Quoted the best price in the first call. No one was able to match it. Installation was done within 3 weeks of the order. It took another week for AGL to do the process on their side but all in all a very good experience with Garry and his team. He tends to be bit pushy, but at the end gets the job done.
Will surely recommend the company.
I just enquired with solar power nation and sam is account manager dealt with me very well and expertise manner, he given jinko deal to me with very best price , system is working very well , thank you for team Show additional information
Guaranteed me the price despite knowing that they would not be able to install before the new year and loss of 6/7% of STC's because of that. So kudos for that. Were the cheapest by a reasonable amount and seem to still be going by what Google etc continues to bombard me with.

Had an installer turn up with the wrong brackets and then had to wait another couple of weeks to the installation which ended up being two months from sign up, but of course included the XMAS break.

You most likely can get better service and less tardiness elsewhere, but they were honest at all times and did not harass as much as other suppliers contacted. Doubt that there is anyone cheaper and quite happy to recommend them, which I already have to others.
It only took 2 months from the quotation to installation process, Very good customer service good quality products and prompt installation Highly recommended Solar Power Nation. Show additional information
From start till finish i would say it took 5 weeks. My system is working really good. I would recommend these guys to other people. Best price products and installation. Joel was very efficient with his installation work. Show additional information
From the start Sam, Chris and Harman were very helpful and Sam in particular kept me updated on the progress. I was initially told that the process of service provider applications etc would take 6 to 8 week up to the time of installation and was pleasantly surprised when Sam contacted me to advise installation after 3 weeks. The installation was handled very professionally and efficiently by the installers with the site left in a tidy condition after completion. The day was hot and I kept supplying the guys with water and soft drinks but they continued regardless. Nure was extremely professional and work in the rain that evening to complete the electrical work at 10:00 pm that night. He still made himself available to assist with any issues I might have over the telephone.
With the service I received to date from the team at Solar Power Nation I am happy to recommend them to my family and friends with my daughter and her husband planning to install their system in the near future.
I am totally upset. I have been fobbed off, lied to and treated with contempt. They are useless, unprofessional and incompetent. After nearly 4 months, I have given up on them and want my deposit back.
I paid a deposit on the 19/10/2017 and heard nothing more about an installation date, a shading plan and or a roof layout for the panels.
In December I finally got a phone call from an installer about the project. He was from the Latrobe Valley, about 100 kms east of Melbourne and had been told I was a metro Melbourne job. I actually live 90 minutes North west of Melbourne, so it was at least a 3 hour trip for him (one way) and he decided not to accept the job which I can understand.
I made more inquiries about when the install was to happen only to get brushed off. I sent long emails and got non informative 3 or 4 (word) answers when replied to.
Now they are telling me they can't do the job and cant tell me why.
I have asked to speak to someone with a technical or trade background or a person who is higher up the chain of command and I am told they will call me back in 5 minutes. For the last 2 weeks I have been given the same 5 minute promise on 5 or 6 occasions, have had people hang up on me and told me to ring back tomorrow as it is to(o) close to the close of business.
The price was very good, the service is the worst I have ever had.
Don't even bother with them. The money saved was not worth the aggravation and the time I spent on them. Useless, unprofessional and incompetent.
This company promised the world then went back on their word. We agreed on a price which I have in writing that there wouldn't be any further charges then they came back with an additional $600. Initially very persistent calling all the time. to organise a refund of my initial deposit it has taken over 3 weeks. Not sure what the delay could be as it literally would take 5 minutes to process a refund.

Please do not use this company they are full of empty promises.
Signed contract and paid deposit for 6kW system on 19th Nov 2017, assured system would be installed before Xmas, now end of January and still waiting, made many ph calls, none returned, many hollow promises, still waiting. I have serious doubts about this supplier, do not pay a deposit and in my opinion it would be wise to go for a more reputable supplier. I will be engaging another supplier post the 19th Feb as they will have had 3 months to carry out the install, I will pursue them for return of deposit, wish me luck with that one! Show additional information
After initial poor customer service and run around with dates etc. All was good after contacting the Founder, installers were good and professional and took away the rubbish when done. Would recommend Solar power nation for a good system at a great price. They are working on their customer service so just be patient. Bang for buck they are unbeatable. Show additional information
Be warned,

If you want to get solar system installed on your house look elsewhere. I've signed up and paid the deposit in October 2017 and since than no trace of my system at all. It will be 12 weeks this week, so much for the 4-8 week installation period.

I've lost the patience, last I heard was a promise to schedule the installation this week 8-12 of January 2018 but I've heard nothing from anyone nor is anyone returning my calls.

Appalling treatment of customers and 0 communications.

If you signed up like me good luck otherwise run as far as you can if you are thinking about it.

Terrible

Vinko M (WA)

Value for money: Yes if you get the system installed at all.
Quality of the system: WHAT SYSTEM? I'm still to see something being installed.
Installation: Questionable if it will ever happen?
Customer Service: You really need to add an option for '0' as 1 is already too much.
Paid my deposit on November 3rd and was told there would be no delay on install. It would be up to me and likely complete in 2-3 weeks. As soon as they had my deposit they had suddenly run out of solar panels!

They tried to flog me inferior panels for same price (dodgey tactic I had read about) or I could wait till December 12th for install. I agreed to wait.

Was told it would still be done before christmas. Last spoke on 18th of December. Salesperson just wanted to get me off the phone and promised me a call back shortly. Still nothing has happened, have called and emailed alot with no reply.

Is now 9 weeks since I paid deposit and I cannot get a call or email back.

Am very disappointed in my decision to use Solar Power Nation.
Solar power nation gives us best quote with Trina honey panels and fronious in nsw for $4899. Sales rep was very helpful and install was carried in a professional way.it was hot day but installer completed the job. Very neat install no mess was left
We would definately refer these guys to anyone
Thanks solar power nation
My overall experience has been great.
Mac was of great help. I have refered my collegue to them as well. Solar power nation????
I got actually what i was told .really happy with everything Show additional information
They have had our money for 5 months and have not yet installed the system they will not return calls and constantly avoid us. None of their phone numbers seem to be valid Show additional information
Great experience
Best price products
And everything was done within 3 weeks time
I believe they are honest company it’s only a busy period of the year which cause little delay.
I will must reccomend solar power nation
Paid deposit at the beginning of october. Mac was super helpful and got us a good deal. However, the Panels we ordered were out of stock hence the original estimate of install of Dec 8th has been now pushed to 15th Dec. Two days until the 15th and still no one has contacted me despite sending emails and making phone calls.
Will have to see how we go.
Good job.everything went with plan Show additional information
Overall experience was great. Now waiting for my mothers house to be installed. I would say you must try solar power nation, great prices. Show additional information
I paid the deposit for a 5kW system, they assured me it would be installed within 4 weeks, did not happen, then after 5 weeks, I was told, sorry we cannot install the system as you live to far afield from Melbourne, why couldn't they have told me that before they got my deposit of $430, was told it would take 7 days to refund my deposit, but they were quite happy to hold on to my deposit for 5 weeks, not happy jan. Show additional information
Please be careful of Solar Power Nation company they did ask me deposit for the solar panel installation. I did pay some money over the phone with credit card Since the customer service was so terrible they gave me the wrong quote for the product . I refused to go ahead and cancelled the installation. They never returned my money back, no service, no ethics. They have shocking customer service. Please never pay before you get the product. Thanks Show additional information
Every thing was good???????? Show additional information
Everything was good from deposit till installation. Show additional information
Its given time 4 to 8 weeks for installation but installation done in 2 weeks only and installers done a great job.....also to sam for recommending such system and support Show additional information
Everything went smooth from deposit till installation Show additional information
After several problems with installation date changes, panels and product being delivered as I live in Ballina NSW, I had Vish step in with issues getting resolved quickly.
Installer was Joel from Tweed Heads who did a fantastic job and I have no hesitation at recommending Vish and Joel to friends who are looking at installing solar in the future.

Many thanks.
Paid for a system installed months ago and still can't get elec credit because paperwork not submitted to my supplier. Despite weeks of calls, requests, frustration and time wasted . Pointless paying for system I effectively can't make use of. I thought I had all the details covered when searching for installers and no-one mentioned this little detail which can render your money completely wasted. I suggest you don't pay the installer until your elec supplier verifies the installation has been registered. The industry needs to change it's practices to prevent other people suffering the same fate.

Hi Pete
Thanks for your feedback. As we have informed you already and we even gave you the number of the installer with his accreditation detail as he didn't submit the paperwork for your job with us. He informed us he will do it but he never did anything on it. He informed us saying he got some serious personal and family problems due to which he needed to go to Fiji. We respected his reason as they were personal problems within his family. He promised every day but due to his personal problem he is still not able to do so. We gave you his contact number and Accreditation number as well. We really apologise for any inconvenience as this is causing us delay in processing Government related paperwork and Your paperwork as well. For any other question you have please call our office and ask for Mac and he will help you about this.
Regards
Vish
I was very impressed by the service and product. I ordered the system on the Tuesday and was told installation would be approximately four weeks. I received another phone call two days later to say they would be installing it on Monday. Then on the Sunday I received another call to say it was expected to be bad weather on the Monday and would it be OK for them to come that afternoon. So from ordering to full installation it was less than a week. The fellows that installed the system were very friendly, efficient and professional. I have no problem in recommending this company. Show additional information
Had a great experience with solar power nation.Mac their sales consultant was very quick to reply to any questions I had no matter time of day or night. From me accepting quote to system being installed was less than a week.As far as I can tell system is working great.Installers broke one tile, but alerted us to this and replaced it. Only slight issue was English was clearly a second language for everyone I spoke to...so a little hard to communicate with at times. But did a great job ,so would highly recommend. Price was excellent. Show additional information