Solar Power Nation Reviews

About Solar Power Nation, Solar Installers

Solar Power Nation

Please note that this company is not a SolarQuotes client. Anyone can leave a review of any solar company on this site.

----

At Solar Power Nation Our vision is to make solar power affordable for every Australian . To achieve this we have sought out solar adviser's from across Australia to join us in this task. With upwards of 7 years experience for all of our Directors and staff from various other solar companies and jobs, we have a team that is ready to put together a solar package to suit your needs.

Solar Power Nation Solar Reviews

RUBBISH RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Stay away, run for your life, cheap is nasty, the system was installed in May 2019 and failed 1st September 2019, I have made 12 calls to date and nothing, no call back, nothing, every call I have promised a call back from service within an hour 16 days and still nothing, time for a visit face to face Wetheril Park. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY Show additional information

Pathetic after-sales support. Inverter Faulty (supposedly brand new). Solar Power Nation will not replace.

Hello,

I was originally impressed with this company with the solar power panel system that I got a second one for my daughter.

Now I am pulling my hair out. This is because there is zero after-sales support. I am even having issues with Solar Power Nation honouring the terms of the warranty.

This is my problem. One of the 5 Kw Goodwe inverters failed within days of installation. It is supposed to be a brand new inverter. Solar Power Nation reassured me they will attend to the matter promptly. But this solar power panel System was installed almost 6 month ago and Solar Power Nation is dragging its feet. It has come to the stage that there is now no communication as Solar Power Nation ignores the emails sent to them.

Buyers beware. It is generally a good system with generally good installers, but Solar Power Nation will not honour the warranty for replacement of defective 5 Kw Goodwe inverter. If the solar panels were to fail, I don't think they would honour the warranty for the solar panels too.

Very bad installation and after service care

The installation wasn’t done correctly. No proper response from the company to get the issue fixed. It has been 8 months I have been in touch with the company. But still the issue didn’t get resolved. Not at all acceptable. Show additional information

Great to deal with, wonderful price. No hesitation to recommend. Thanks Solar Power Nation.

Great price, great communication, great installation, speedy installation. Easy and friendly to deal with. Show additional information
Paid $100 deposit on 31/10/18 ... no communication for 3 months, so I gave them till 31/1/19 otherwise I would cancel.

Still no definite date for install after I contacted them around 25/1/19

So I went to another installer instead, which I would 100% recommend.

Still waiting for my $100 refund ?
I will not recommended then to anyone . I put deposit in October2018. They were supposed to install my solar system b4 Christmas last year . But they keep saying they don’t have this in stock they don’t have that in stock. We don’t have these panels in stock we will give u that pannel . We don’t have this inverter.
I book my system in October 2018 and now its nearly May 2019 they still haven’t install my system
I went with SPN after trying for 18 months to get solar.
I had tried another company, was screwed around for some months until they found a local installer. Their local installer flatout refused to do the job and they cancelled me.
I had then tried another, they engaged the same installer who again refused to do the job, they said they'd find another installer but never did and 9 months later went into administration and cancelled me.
My house is not particularly difficult, it's just a standard 2 story place with a tile roof (the other companies charged additional fees to account for this).

I went with SPN mainly due to price, I had cold feet about it going in considering the negative reviews I read but the sales guy (Ken) was pushy and convinced me with a low risk deposit amount. I signed up under an approx $3000 deal for 6.6kw with 5kw inverter on my tile 2 story roof, with a decent amount of travel from their base (4-5 hours away) and was quoted a 4-6 week installation timeframe.

I will NOT say that SPN are great communicators post sale, I had to chase them for updates and I deal with a few different arms of the business in terms of providing the information required to get my install process on track. I disliked the fact I feel Ken (sale guy) and then Alan (operations) over committed often with installation dates that kept getting missed and this had me exceedingly worried that I was being taken for a ride.

I had originally was quoted on GoodWe inverter and ET solar panels, but due to stock/availability problems I accepted changes to instead receive Eging panels and a Sungrow inverter. I would say if you're not flexible for the products you end up being different than the original quote then may have issues and these guys are not for you. To clarify, the changes I had were either direct sidegrades or slight upgrades, and I accepted and confirmed the change prior to installers being sent.

I would have preferred to be given tentative or "probable but dependent on stock arriving" timeframes, and can appreciate they were waiting for several people in my area to be ready to make it a worthwhile trip....I just wanted to not be "promised" an installation date to have it missed it time and again. Even when I was given a final firm install date and handed over to the installation team that was coming onsite I was still 50/50 on whether they were going to show up or not...that was the extent of the credibility the SPN sales team had established (my own cynicism and past experience with other companies may have contributed to this feeling).

However, it turns out I had nothing to worry about and it was smooth sailing from here on out. My installation team leader was Abdul, and him and his team were nothing less that professional. Abdul called me the evening before to again confirm the install the next day and advised a rough time of when they were going to arrive, he called me again the day of the install prior to arriving. Once on site the did a quick recce and confirmed with me regarding panel placement, where conduit could/should be run, inverter placement etc, asked about spare tiles and when I advised I had no spare he said they would move any they break to my garage roof so I could replace them more easily when I got replacements (tile breakages are a fact of life, it happens often with any drilling work on them) however luckily there were no breakages on my roof.

After this they got straight to work efficiently and professionally, and continued until the job was done 4-5 hours later. When they were complete they cleaned up as good as, if not better than any other tradie I've seen. The installation was the smoothest part of the experience and the completed job was neat and tidy, and to be honest looks a lot better and neater than some of the local installs around town. I'd upload pictures here if I could, and I'd expect them to be proud of the job except I got the impression from them that this is their standard level of work.

I left this review to provide an honest account of my own experiences with Solar Power Nation, especially given the range of mixed reviews around the web and the fact that not many of the reviews (both good and bad) had much content to them and there seems to be a lot of seemingly fake reviews to boost or destroy ratings and reputation (in general).

Even given the uncertainty I had during the sales and scheduling process I'd use Solar Power Nation again and would recommend them based on my overall experience and the fact that their price can't be beaten.
Stay away from these people!!!! they just steal your money. I placed a deposit of 10% for my 6KW system in September 2018 and still i can't get an installation date nor a refund of my money after requesting it in writing plus so many phone calls to them. It's has been more then 7 months now since placed the deposit and I have given up on trying to contact them. This company shouldn't even be trading. Show additional information
It was around November last year when I paid deposit to book the system for installation and until March nothing happened.
I tried calling them and each person I spoke with came with different answer and different excuses for delay.
I tried to call them and follow at least 3 times a week. I couldn't get anywhere finally I decided to give up and cancel everything.
It took more almost 2-3 weeks to get my deposit back.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.
They are promising something that they cannot deliver and directly lying to the customer each and every time you call them to follow. be careful guys try to search online and make sure to do your research before deciding to go with this company.
I have got documented everything from day first and also the amount of calls every single day I had to make and follow without any result.
SolarQuotes was very helpful in getting us started on our solar experience and was a great place to answer a lot of our questions.

Went with our chosen supplier mostly on price, but have been happy with the installation and system.
Warning! Under no circumstances use this company. Their business practices are questionable! 12 weeks of emails to try and get an install date. Also, despite 7 requests in writing for a simple phone call to resolve dispute ie. where they have breached our contract, they haven't responded. Not to worry, the appropriate authorities have been contacted. Please spread the word, this is a company you should NOT use! Be warned. They promise the world and deliver nothing! Not even refunded my money despite doing nothing! Got scam written all over it!!!! Show additional information
Our systems been running well the last 2 weeks. The team did a great job with the installation and we're very happy. While they couldn't fit all the panels we'd originally planned, it wasn't an issue as the system still runs well (we have an oddly shaped roof)

Within 2 weeks of our deposit the team was able to find an install date, very quick turnaround.
From the quotation to delivery and completion of the work I couldn't be more impressed, I was skeptical that the price being so low I would be left waiting or receive poor workmanship.

I couldn't be happier with the service and product I've received
Solar power nation is a good company and great value for money would recommend thanks Show additional information
Best price, great installation service. Great team.
Highly recommended. Will refer my friends and family.
Hi all,

Do not choose Solar Power Nation. I order on 28 Oct 2018 and till today 11 Feb 2019 they did not able to commit on a date to install it!

I lost the entire summer "power", I believe the company personal seems to use false names as well, as I spoke to the installers in different months and the accent and tune of the voice in each month was completely different.

I try to contact them several times and get a commitment, all the tries in vain.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid them to your own happiness.
A few delays and rescheduled delivery times. They offered me a free upgrade for the wait. Everything went without any hassles. An extra bonus service was that the installer inspected my roof before installation and found many cracked roof tiles. I had spare roof tiles so the installer replaced them for me. Show additional information
Everything sounded great at first, paid a deposit, promised an installation date. After that date came I called in and was told it would be delayed, new installation date not known. Called in 23 different times over the span of a month, speaking with no less than 13 different people. Felt like nobody there really knew what was going on and everyone gave different information. Frustrating experience. Show additional information
I signed up with them in Nov 2018 - have been asking in an email thread spanning over 40 emails a very simple question - WHEN IS MY PROPSED DATE OF INSTALLATION??!! TILL TODAY NO ONE CAN BOTHER TO LET ME KNOW!! (11 JAN 19)
They keep saying I’ll ask my operations manager and NEVER GET BACK TO YOU until you contact them - then it’s the same cycle - ABSOLUTELY POOR and I will consider cancelling this entire deal - I explained I need to travel for work and can’t make bookings due to this! I don’t care if it gets installed 3 months into the future but least I have dates to work with! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE
A family member used them and was happy with the service provided.

I've given excellent on the system though it's brand new so that mindset could change .. who knows.. but the service was excellent.
Solar Power Nation completed the installation in a few hours. No issues and friendly installers. Best value compared to other solar companies.

Recommend SPN. Wireless remote monitoring setup working fine.
I can't fault SPN. Awesome value for money product. Mine was a straight forward installation on a new home. Installation was done by local sub-contractor who did an awesome job and left my place spotlessly clean. Only issue I had was my Electricity Retailer was slow converting my electricity meter to a bi-directional meter but that is not SPN's fault. Show additional information
Just very impressed on the time and quality of install Show additional information
My son organised it al for me. I had no input, but everything seems satisfactory. Show additional information
In researching my system I compared prices (same system) with four other installers, Solar Power Nation was the cheapest based on Solax Inverter and Jinko Panels. From the reviews on this site I realised they often did not install quickly and sometimes stretched out the time to install. I live 150km from Sydney and knew I would have to wait until they were doing other jobs in this area.

The six week promised install stretched to almost three months, during this period I made a number of emails and phone call to the sales team and was told various reasons for the delay.

The installation team did a good job, but I then had to wait a further three weeks until the electrician was working in the area, he also did a good job and was very helpful.
Using the Solax Monitoring System I found the system was resetting once the grid power exceeded 255v, I contacted the electrician and was walked through changing a few settings on the inverter and this solved the problem, they system is now working with no problems.

Bottom line I knew there would be delays, but am pleased with the price and installation.
Very positive experience. I would recommend solar power nation . Great price for a good system and great service. Accent of some operators was very heavy and it was difficult to understand but thats a small thing. Overall great. Show additional information
Good customer service. Installation was quick and hassle free, with the whole system up and running in less than a day. Came at the agreed time and cleaned up after the job. Show additional information
Solar power nation was extremely unprofessional. Staff could not answer many basic questions about the system. The phone numbers provided were not answered once despite many calls at various times during the day. No calls were returned. Emails were mostly ignored or responded to very late. Every claim made by staff turned out to be false. I was given new installation day estimates which changed constantly. I was originally told 3 weeks , but after 7 weeks there was no progress at all and I was told the panels were out of stock. I had to ask for refund about 10 times. I've sent more than 30 emails and made countless calls. Terrible experience and a huge waste of time and effort. Do yourself a favour and avoid them. Show additional information
Solar Power Nation were great to deal with. Apart from an initial delay between deposit and installation everything went very smoothly. The installers were very friendly and professional.
We are very happy with the outcome and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Solar Power Nation to others.
I had a good experience with Solar Power Nation. The price was very competitive and I was always kept informed if the installation timing. It was all carried out as per the schedule as promised. When I needed some follow up after the installation, Simran the after sale support officer responded very promptly and again kept me well informed. Thanks Simran. Show additional information
Had our solar installed in 3- 4 weeks from initial payment in full,
I asked the installers to be careful not to break any roof tiles as we had the roof redone on a few months before hand,I told them to tell my wife if they had broken any while they were doing the installation.(yeah right )
When I got home I went to have a look at our investment ( the panels).
I noticed a lot of the panels had blemishes and marks on them, as well as 10 broken tiles, I have been in contact with the installer he told me they can fix the broken tiles with silicone ..not really what I wanted to hear, and about the panels he told me to contact Solar Power Nation it has been more than a month ago this is the reply I received (There is insurance for installation nothing to worry about will fix your problem thanks. )
Please be aware and don’t go through what I did with Solar Power Nation!
Just found out our solar system was installed on 26.4.18 today is 6.7.18 our energy company hasn’t been notified of the install, and the electrical inspector hasn’t been to check the work!
And we are not making any $$$
Please Visit website to make a complaint as I have done http://www.solaraccreditation.com.au
Was anyone else unsatisfied with the installation?
We are very happy with the service by whole team of solar power nation ,customer service is very impressive. Show additional information
I would like to start with positively by saying their quote was the cheapest but probably the rest of the experience was not so good.

Here are the problems we have with the installation:

1. Water leakage after the installation.
2. Wires connecting each row of the panel are touching to the roof. I get to know that it is not as per the standard and due to the high temperature of the tiles in summer it can use the wire to burn and lead to burning the whole place
3. Some minor issues like mounting which panel rests on are not cut consistently (poor workmanship) i.e. some are a quite long one side

At one point it looked like they are out of business as I could not reach them from any of their phones no or any of their email addresses or their key sales guy as Mac Guru 0426136262) or their technician Noor as well as contacting them through the "contact us" from their website for several weeks.

Thanks to SolarQuote I was able to find their key person's contact details and I believe just because I mentioned that I got their contact details from SolarQuotes I received the reply first time that they are able to fix those issue but will result in costing $250 even if the documentation I have received from the company states that it includes 10 years Installation and workmanship warranty.

After the Solar panel was laid the person (Usman) who has done the major work to our place confessed that he is not CEC Certified and work for the minimum wage on cash shifts bases. If I knew before then I would not have gone with them

Any suggestion to deal with the situation appreciated.
Quoted the best price in the first call. No one was able to match it. Installation was done within 3 weeks of the order. It took another week for AGL to do the process on their side but all in all a very good experience with Garry and his team. He tends to be bit pushy, but at the end gets the job done.
Will surely recommend the company.
I just enquired with solar power nation and sam is account manager dealt with me very well and expertise manner, he given jinko deal to me with very best price , system is working very well , thank you for team Show additional information
Guaranteed me the price despite knowing that they would not be able to install before the new year and loss of 6/7% of STC's because of that. So kudos for that. Were the cheapest by a reasonable amount and seem to still be going by what Google etc continues to bombard me with.

Had an installer turn up with the wrong brackets and then had to wait another couple of weeks to the installation which ended up being two months from sign up, but of course included the XMAS break.

You most likely can get better service and less tardiness elsewhere, but they were honest at all times and did not harass as much as other suppliers contacted. Doubt that there is anyone cheaper and quite happy to recommend them, which I already have to others.
It only took 2 months from the quotation to installation process, Very good customer service good quality products and prompt installation Highly recommended Solar Power Nation. Show additional information
From start till finish i would say it took 5 weeks. My system is working really good. I would recommend these guys to other people. Best price products and installation. Joel was very efficient with his installation work. Show additional information
From the start Sam, Chris and Harman were very helpful and Sam in particular kept me updated on the progress. I was initially told that the process of service provider applications etc would take 6 to 8 week up to the time of installation and was pleasantly surprised when Sam contacted me to advise installation after 3 weeks. The installation was handled very professionally and efficiently by the installers with the site left in a tidy condition after completion. The day was hot and I kept supplying the guys with water and soft drinks but they continued regardless. Nure was extremely professional and work in the rain that evening to complete the electrical work at 10:00 pm that night. He still made himself available to assist with any issues I might have over the telephone.
With the service I received to date from the team at Solar Power Nation I am happy to recommend them to my family and friends with my daughter and her husband planning to install their system in the near future.
I am totally upset. I have been fobbed off, lied to and treated with contempt. They are useless, unprofessional and incompetent. After nearly 4 months, I have given up on them and want my deposit back.
I paid a deposit on the 19/10/2017 and heard nothing more about an installation date, a shading plan and or a roof layout for the panels.
In December I finally got a phone call from an installer about the project. He was from the Latrobe Valley, about 100 kms east of Melbourne and had been told I was a metro Melbourne job. I actually live 90 minutes North west of Melbourne, so it was at least a 3 hour trip for him (one way) and he decided not to accept the job which I can understand.
I made more inquiries about when the install was to happen only to get brushed off. I sent long emails and got non informative 3 or 4 (word) answers when replied to.
Now they are telling me they can't do the job and cant tell me why.
I have asked to speak to someone with a technical or trade background or a person who is higher up the chain of command and I am told they will call me back in 5 minutes. For the last 2 weeks I have been given the same 5 minute promise on 5 or 6 occasions, have had people hang up on me and told me to ring back tomorrow as it is to(o) close to the close of business.
The price was very good, the service is the worst I have ever had.
Don't even bother with them. The money saved was not worth the aggravation and the time I spent on them. Useless, unprofessional and incompetent.
This company promised the world then went back on their word. We agreed on a price which I have in writing that there wouldn't be any further charges then they came back with an additional $600. Initially very persistent calling all the time. to organise a refund of my initial deposit it has taken over 3 weeks. Not sure what the delay could be as it literally would take 5 minutes to process a refund.

Please do not use this company they are full of empty promises.
Signed contract and paid deposit for 6kW system on 19th Nov 2017, assured system would be installed before Xmas, now end of January and still waiting, made many ph calls, none returned, many hollow promises, still waiting. I have serious doubts about this supplier, do not pay a deposit and in my opinion it would be wise to go for a more reputable supplier. I will be engaging another supplier post the 19th Feb as they will have had 3 months to carry out the install, I will pursue them for return of deposit, wish me luck with that one! Show additional information
After initial poor customer service and run around with dates etc. All was good after contacting the Founder, installers were good and professional and took away the rubbish when done. Would recommend Solar power nation for a good system at a great price. They are working on their customer service so just be patient. Bang for buck they are unbeatable. Show additional information
Be warned,

If you want to get solar system installed on your house look elsewhere. I've signed up and paid the deposit in October 2017 and since than no trace of my system at all. It will be 12 weeks this week, so much for the 4-8 week installation period.

I've lost the patience, last I heard was a promise to schedule the installation this week 8-12 of January 2018 but I've heard nothing from anyone nor is anyone returning my calls.

Appalling treatment of customers and 0 communications.

If you signed up like me good luck otherwise run as far as you can if you are thinking about it.

Terrible

Vinko M (WA)

Value for money: Yes if you get the system installed at all.
Quality of the system: WHAT SYSTEM? I'm still to see something being installed.
Installation: Questionable if it will ever happen?
Customer Service: You really need to add an option for '0' as 1 is already too much.
Paid my deposit on November 3rd and was told there would be no delay on install. It would be up to me and likely complete in 2-3 weeks. As soon as they had my deposit they had suddenly run out of solar panels!

They tried to flog me inferior panels for same price (dodgey tactic I had read about) or I could wait till December 12th for install. I agreed to wait.

Was told it would still be done before christmas. Last spoke on 18th of December. Salesperson just wanted to get me off the phone and promised me a call back shortly. Still nothing has happened, have called and emailed alot with no reply.

Is now 9 weeks since I paid deposit and I cannot get a call or email back.

Am very disappointed in my decision to use Solar Power Nation.