Solaworx Reviews

About Solaworx, Solar Installers

Solaworx
Platinum Partner
Solaworx is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 85 615 467 377  ABN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd
ACN: 615 467 377  ACN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 278705 Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,600 - $8,500 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solaworx Pty Ltd is comprised of a team of professionals from the solar power industry, each of whom is committed to providing the highest quality systems on the market.

The company also practices what it preaches, as it operates out of the Aldinga Arts Eco Village - the site has one of the highest rates of solar panel installations in the whole of Australia.

Solaworx Pty Ltd provides Economy, Classic, Premium and Ultra Premium products, giving customers the chance to choose a system that suits their requirements and budget. Solar modules from the likes of ECSOLAR, SolarPark and Q-Cell are among those used by the firm.

Solaworx Solar Reviews

1st time experience

This was our first experience with Solar installation and was very pleased we chose to go with Solaworx. Mark and his team of installers were very professional and knowledgeable, any minor issues that arose were dealt with quickly and without fuss. Andre and his team installed the system quickly and efficiently and were very professional and clean with their work. System is working beautifully and would highly recommend Solaworx to anyone who wants to install solar. Show additional information

Easy process and great results!

The guys at Solarworx were awesome to work with. Very knowledgeable and helpful. They were patient when we were looking through various quotes but quick and easy to deal with when we decided to go with them. They guided us though the process and proved very wise and trustworthy.

The installers (Thoroughtec) were very quick and neat in their work. Highly recommend them. The electrician noticed an error in our air-conditioning isolation switch (or lack of one) and was able to fix it for a very decent price, saving the cost of a new house because of an electrical fire. So cant say good enough things about them! A great bunch of people all round and the ideal tradesmen.

Good Job, Easy to deal with

Very easy as I had and existing system that it was connected to.
The Installation was very good, the men that installed it were very helpful with questions.
Customer service was good.

Microinverter system

Excellent Service both from company and installers.
Friendly with timely and accurate feedback on questions.
Very fast installation with little effort on my part.

Good process from start to finish

After specifying my requirements, various quotes were accessible online. I could see the options of various panels and invertors(datasheets were available for download). Once I had decided, it was just a simple click to accept the quote. Invoices were received by email and was straight forward.
Installation was quick and delays due to windy weather were handled professionally.
I did have some issues with the installation of the monitoring system, but now appears to be fixed after a couple of return visits.

Great installation and a great company. I'm very satisfied

Polite tidy and punctual process. Mark made it all so easy. Show additional information

Great installer, great value system

Quote was extremely detailed and informative, Service was great, installer was quick and efficient, nice tidy job.
System is great value and working flawlessly.

solved all my problems.

I can't thank Mark Moody enough, I rang mark after another company installed my solar system and it was a disaster.

From the start to finish in the end SA power got involved and told me my system was operating illegally and had to be fix.

So I rang Mark and within a few weeks every thing was fixed and operating as it should have in the first place.

So after a couple of months I rang Mark to have a Tesla battery installed and the guys that installed it did a lovely job
and it is fantastic.

I can not Thank Mark and his team from Solaworks enough for all there help.

A quality installer

Mark Moody at Solaworx is reliable and genuine. his quote was prompt and detailed. The installation was fast and efficient. Overall service was excellent. Our second installation from Solaworx and again very satisfied. Show additional information

Solarworx

Due to COVID 19 causing a shortage of panels but Mark had it under control in no time and the installation was quick and all done in a day. The service thanks to Andrea and his team was excellent. Show additional information

Great installer

Everything was really simple, found out what our energy requirements were. Received easy to understand quote, invoicing was quick and efficient. Finance was available. Installation was quick and no fuss. I would highly recommend. Show additional information

Thanks Solaworx for you Professionalism

A real pleasure dealing with such a professional business like Solaworx. The Service and quality of the installation was excellent. Very highly recommended Show additional information

Upgrade on the original Solar Edge 3.8kW 12 panel system fitted and installed by solaworx and Thoroughtec late 2017

After the original installation back in 2017 Mark suggested that I give him a ring in the future regarding upgrading the system with battery backup when the technology improved.

Almost 3 years later the Solar Edge system has worked without a problem I gave Mark a ring and asked how the battery technology was coming along, he said a lot of progress has been made.

He recommended a 14kWH Tesla Powerwall 2 and we found enough room on the northern facing roof for another 8 panels bringing the total to 20 panels to throw some more rays into the battery.

Once again the Thoroughtec team Andre, Adrian and crew did a very professional installation and the whole upgraded system works faultlessly.

The system has been running now for about a month now (July 2020) so the weather is fairly unpredictable sun wise, however according to the rather clever Tesla app, on my phone the house over the last ten days for example has been running on average between 90 to 100% on solar / battery power alone and when sunny throwing some back into the grid as well.

In summary the whole process with Mark Moody and Thoroughtec has been fantastic and if we have any queries there has never been a problem in asking for advice.

Excellent all round

Excellent customer service arrived on time polite and friendly installers. Explained everything they were doing Show additional information

Fantastic installation

I found solarworx a pleasure to deal with. From honest quoting through to timely installation and feedback. Highly recommended. Show additional information

Honestly it was simple install and was complete within 3 days even with poor weather. Most impressed and highly recommend

Quoting was easy. And they did a quick but effective job. The workmen were polite and when there was an issue they promptly came back and sorted it out. They also removed my old system and took it away. Show additional information

Real expert installation

The quoting process was excellent
The installation was quick, very tidy and on time.
The company helped with the grid connection and their customer service is first class

Very happy

We were replacing a non-functional solar system inherited with the house we purchased. Solaworx provided a series of quotes mainly dependant on budget. After a series of phone calls, all our queries were answered in a clear and friendly manner. There was clear communication throughout the process. Installation occurred faster than we expected, and the installation team are to be highly recommend. Show additional information

Prompt service, great installers

Good follow up, tidy, prompt service value for money system Show additional information

Top of Shelf Solar Product & Service.

I was looking for a good solar system. Have a semi glazed terracotta tile roof with 30 degree pitch. Some installers were not interested. Some wanted to push a particular panel and size. Many would not have an on-site inspection until I signed up for a system. Not one mentioned Micro Inverters until I met with Andrea from Solarworx. Andrea knew his stuff especially the safety of micro inverters compared to DC inverter which impressed me. After the meeting I rang Mark Moody the Principal of SOLAWORX . Mark sent me 3 quotes within the hour of different panel selection and size of the system . My choice was Rec N-Peak Black Series 315 watt panels black rails and fixings with ENPHASE IQ 7+ inverters 10 kw system .Work was completed within the next week Solarworx is an authorised installer for Rec which gives extra warranty from Rec . Instala;tion went without a hitch. Only one tile was replaced.
Totally recommend. Andrea has a great team well organised.

Great work under coronavirus constraints

We had decided several weeks ago to get more solar and a battery - around 6 Kw of panels. Mark from Solarworx was very prompt and helpful in getting us the quote and clearing up our questions. To our amazement, installation was to occur within a week. Then coronavirus restrictions started to escalate and, I am sure, deliveries of components began to be delayed. However, the work was done in the expected time and to a high standard. We were impressed by the team -led by Andre and Adrian - all very helpful and courteous.

I would recommend Solarworx

Solaworx, fantastic service and high quality installers

Solaworx team members helped a "solar novice" through the process, explaining he technology and the best mix for my premises. My location had difficulties due to surrounding trees and the Solaworx team helped devise a system to maximise the outcomes from a solar system.
The installation was quickly and professionally completed, and the team continued their support in showing me how the components were being installed and keeping me up to date on progress. They also provided help on "the next steps" of grid connection.
should i want to upgrade, or install a new system, Solarworx would be the first people i call.

Very helpful, great customer service.

Very helpful, good prompt customer service.
Recommended best system to suit my budget.

Totally Satisfied

Our solar journey started 3 years ago.
We are a very high electricity usage property with a previous average anuall bill of around $5,200. This is mainly due to it being; 1. An all electricity home; 2. A large swimming pool with 3 x 1HP motors, 3. A large house with mutiple ducted electric air conditioners; 4. Being located in the cooler hills area with higher heating requirements.

We had been reluctant to install a solar system due to the house being surrounded by many large gum trees which obviously results in significant shade over the roof. Our house is situated on a sloping block and we enter from a rear lane which is much higher than our house. We had a strong desire to not enter the property and be confronted with a sea of solar panels.

Enter Solarwox and Mark Moody,

Mark visited many time during the process and came up with solution which addressed all of our requirements. What impressed us was his willingness to listen and consider our strong thoughts and his ability to communicate a technically complex subject in a way that we could understand.

At all times Mark was very professional and friendly. His knowlege of all aspects of the solar industry was obvious.
His installation team could not be faulted in any way. The system was installed around November 2018. As mentioned, our electricity bill before installation was $5,174 p.a. In the 2 years since the installation our electricity bill has reduced to $2,798 p.a. a saving of $2,376 p.a. This will give us a pay back period of approx 4 1/2 years !

We are obviously very pleased with the savings and full credit must go to Solaworx, particularly Mark.

Great job.

If customer service had extra stars I would have ticked them.Information is always just a phone call away. Thank you Mark for a job well done. Show additional information

Great job by Solaworx

Quote was very detailed with many options. The instillation team were friendly fast and efficient. The Enphase micro system we selected was connected and monitoring on my iPhone is fantastic. Show additional information

So happy with Solaworx - they listen and I found them incredibly helpful with the integrity I hoped for and a passion for Solar.

Mark Moody contacted us directly the day after we registered with Solar Quotes. He listened to what our situation was and also gave us plenty of information to help inform our purchase. He answered all of our questions, but never spoke down to us. We have an old tiny system on our Northern roof space that some other installers suggested we remove to make room for the new but Mark agreed with us that the half a day of shading on this part of the roof meant this didn’t make sense. Instead he has lengthened the working ours of our system by installing East/West as well as increasing it. He also helped me understand that we didn’t need to go bigger than the 6.615kw we have installed especially given the 5kw export limit in SA.

Over the next few days, we sent a few emails asking questions and each time Mark called us back giving us the answers. He impressed me with his knowledge, understanding, empathy and passion for his work.

We signed up for the system online late Friday night (close to midnight). It was installed today (Thursday) and it looks good from the street as I’d hoped.The installation was carried by two lovely polite young men who were clean and tidy and have done a great job. They’ve answered my questions and explained how the Enphase Monitoring will work and also included our old system in the new monitoring system. It’s pumping out more than I’d even expected and I’m looking forward to seeing how it makes our life better both monetarily and how we feel about our little contribution to replacing coal and gas.
We installed 11.97kW costing $15816.40. The main reason why we took Solarworx is that they were the only one to install Microinverter, with out an extra inverter unit on the wall. Show additional information

Great Customer Service and Expertise displayed by Manager and Installer Crew

Great follow up and assistance by the Manager of Solaworx Show additional information

Exellent service all round.

I have used Solarworx twice now at 2 seperate residents. Excellent customer service each time. Mark is "spot on " with your needs and quote. He makes the whole process very easy and has a long and intimate knowledge of the solar industry, past and present. He has his finger on the pulse with all the different products out there and will recommend the reputable ones within your budget. Accurate location of the installation of panels has meant that our 1st bill was down from $1,900 to $750. Happy customer right here. Show additional information
Received the 2 quotes requested. Both quotes were reasonable and on price alone was happy to accept either supplier. What made us choose SolarWorx was the attention given to us by Mark who spent considerable time with us on 3 seperate visits talking through various options until we found the one that suited us. Attention to detail and to us the customer was an important factor and Mark’s approach sealed the deal. We are very happy with our system. Show additional information

Quick and easy installation

Solarworx was easy to deal with and organised everything. The installer was on time, efficient and explained the operation of the Enlighten software. Show additional information
It may well be that I am too harsh with my rating. Some of the problems in my area are too high voltages. SA Power Networks detected 270 Volts at the meter of one of my neighbours only 2 days ago. Show additional information

Stress free installation, extremely knowledgeable, great service

We received quotes for four different solar set ups, and everything was very clear. On the phone Mark was very knowledgeable about the pros and cons of different set ups, and was very helpful. We went with microinverters and are very pleased with them. Installation was stress free very tidy, any issues that cropped up we were informed about but they were always taken care of. We noticed one of the panels underperforming compared to the rest and it was simply replaced. Everyone involved was very helpful and approachable and made the process easy. The outcome is wonderful and saving us so much money. I feel very relaxed knowing Mark can answer questions we might have about the performance of the setup or new technologies that become available. Show additional information

Stress free experience

Mark was fantastic - very relaxed and never pushed us to buy. Gave us four quotes for different budget levels and all the links to.look up the different products/brands.
Installed within about two weeks of signing. Installers were very polite, friendly, efficient and happy to answer any questions. We're just waiting on our energy supplier for the final grid connection, but Mark has supplied all the details we need for this.
Highly recommend Solaworx.

Quick and trouble free process and installation - Very good communication

I utilised solar quotes to obtain quotes for my solar installation. Solaworx were one of the recommended companies.

I called them up and I was guided by Mark Moody, who was very helpful in explaining the process, the different options available to me with regards to solar panels and inverters. He answered my questions and provided more information which made it easier for me to decide the panels and the inverters that I'd like to go with. He was quite informative and provided me valuable information about optimising my return on investment too. I opted for the Enphase micro inverters. And they come with a cool app for real time monitoring of the panels' performance and output.

Although they were heavily booked, Mark was instrumental in arranging installation on an urgent basis, cuz I wanted to get the system installed before January (which is when the government's subsidy reduces each year). Mark was very accommodating and I must say that despite the sweltering temperatures and the heat wave in South Australia, he had his installers start work early morning to mid day and completed the work over 3 days. That's easily the best service I have ever received in Australia. I have to be thankful for their commitment, hard work and going beyond the call of duty.

Their installers were very easy going and approachable. They made the installation process was for me too.

Overall, I was impressed by the honesty, communication, professionalism, dedication and the ability to understand my needs. I would highly recommend, Solaworx, Mark Moody and his installers to anyone who needs excellent quality at a fair price.

Professional all round

Excellent. Quote itemised down to nuts and bolts and costed for easy tracking and comparison to other providers.
Couple of delays in installation for justified reasons but the actual installation was excellent. Very polite, punctual, tidy and very clear and precise explanation of all aspects of the installation including the IT connectivity.
All good so far. One little modification required but given the timing coming into the festive season no concerns that will be remedied in the New Year.

Great pre-sale service and installation

I was provided with a 4 different quotes from a budget option to premium microinverter system. Each quote was itemised so I could see exactly what I'm paying for and each quote included heaps of additional info like data sheets for inverters and solar panels and a lot more.
Mark from Solaworx has been extremely helpful throughout the whole process and his advice helped me in picking the option that was right for me.
Installation was quick and easy. The day was quite windy and I was afraid it would be cancelled however the installers were on site at the arranged time (about 8 am if I recall right) and were confident the wind wouldn't give them too much grief. They didn't make much noise except for some drilling in the beginning, which is expected anyway, and they finished by about 3 pm.
I then had to wait for my energy provider to swap a meter and a few days later I started exporting to the grid. It's only been less than a month so far but I already have my energy account in credit.

Great job Solaworx. I've already recommended you guys to a couple of friends who are looking to install solar.

Excellent customer service

Excellent customer service from quoting for the system to the installation. Everything was explained in advance and organised for us through the process. Show additional information
Sales and quoting very good.
Installation excellent.
Customer service could not fault.

So easy and very Professional

Very happy with the whole process. Mark supplied 4 different quotes the day I requested 3 quotes. Quotes were detailed and easy to follow. I arranged for Mark to visit and after a couple of minor variations (3 phase system 2 arrays instead of 1) to the initial quote we accepted Marks quote for a 6.6kw micro-inverter system. Installation commenced 7 days after accepting the quote. The only hiccup with installation was that the solar panels were delivered to site late on the 1st day so installation was completed 2 days later due to prior commitments. This was on a day forecast temperature was over 40c.
Installers were hard working and very tidy.
Mark was very laid back and explained the system very well. There was absolutely no pressure to sign or to sell me more than I needed.

Excellent product

Sales a quoting process was excellent. No pushy salesperson, sold me what I wanted to match my budget.

Installation was clean and seamless and without issue. Been functioning perfectly for 7years without issue.

Customer service was excellent, I didn’t need to lift a finger, it all just happened.

Very knowledgeable

Mark knew exactly what he was talking about and we didn't feel pushed to buy a certain system. In fact, he gave us all the option and explained all the pro's and con's.
We had some council issues, but Mark was always available and happy to figure things out.
Would definitely recommend Solaworx.

Excellent communication, easy transaction!

Getting a quote was quick, accurate and painless. The order confirmation, payment and installation process was quick and hassle free. The teams knowledge and advice was both factual and they weren't afraid to explain why we needed a certain system and what the cons would be of alternatives. Follow up and communication on what was happening and when was also brilliant. Show additional information

Really Happy

Mark came out and inspected the site, gave us recommendations and emailed a very detailed quote. The installers were punctual and carried out the installation in a very professional manner. We are very happy with our new system & would recommend Solarworx. Show additional information

Eye Candy installer, neighbours were impressed

Mark from Solaworx has been very impressive from my first phone call right through to installation. He kept me up-to-date on everything that was happening. Customer service is second to none, I couldn't have asked for more. I would highly recommend Mark and Solaworx to everyone looking for Solar. Show additional information

Spot on their predictions, hassle free.

We had Mark talk us through the process and the savings projection. He was spot on. The right amount of panels for our home, great quality panels and inverter, they have never missed a beat in over 8 years. Installation was hassle free. Never any maintenance needed. Great service. Show additional information

Best company I have ever dealt with

Absolutely 5 stars, from start to finish. Mark is really informative without being pushy. Any question answered promptly and professionally. The installers (Andre and Adrian) were also lovely and professional. Have only had system up for 3 weeks but these guys were recommended to me via 2 workmates who have had there's for over a year and love it!. If only all trades and businesses were like this. Cheers Show additional information

Good job with Quality equiptment...

I got this system some years back and it has worked perfectly for me ever since... Very Happy! Show additional information