Solaworx Reviews

Solaworx
Platinum Partner
ABN: 85 615 467 377  ABN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd
ACN: 615 467 377  ACN active since 20 Oct 2016 | Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
SA: BLD 278705 Solaworx Australia Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,600 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solaworx Pty Ltd is comprised of a team of professionals from the solar power industry, each of whom is committed to providing the highest quality systems on the market.

The company also practices what it preaches, as it operates out of the Aldinga Arts Eco Village - the site has one of the highest rates of solar panel installations in the whole of Australia.

Solaworx Pty Ltd provides Economy, Classic, Premium and Ultra Premium products, giving customers the chance to choose a system that suits their requirements and budget. Solar modules from the likes of ECSOLAR, SolarPark and Q-Cell are among those used by the firm.

Solaworx Solar Reviews

Real expert installation

The quoting process was excellent
The installation was quick, very tidy and on time.
The company helped with the grid connection and their customer service is first class

Very happy

We were replacing a non-functional solar system inherited with the house we purchased. Solaworx provided a series of quotes mainly dependant on budget. After a series of phone calls, all our queries were answered in a clear and friendly manner. There was clear communication throughout the process. Installation occurred faster than we expected, and the installation team are to be highly recommend. Show additional information

Prompt service, great installers

Good follow up, tidy, prompt service value for money system Show additional information

Top of Shelf Solar Product & Service.

I was looking for a good solar system. Have a semi glazed terracotta tile roof with 30 degree pitch. Some installers were not interested. Some wanted to push a particular panel and size. Many would not have an on-site inspection until I signed up for a system. Not one mentioned Micro Inverters until I met with Andrea from Solarworx. Andrea knew his stuff especially the safety of micro inverters compared to DC inverter which impressed me. After the meeting I rang Mark Moody the Principal of SOLAWORX . Mark sent me 3 quotes within the hour of different panel selection and size of the system . My choice was Rec N-Peak Black Series 315 watt panels black rails and fixings with ENPHASE IQ 7+ inverters 10 kw system .Work was completed within the next week Solarworx is an authorised installer for Rec which gives extra warranty from Rec . Instala;tion went without a hitch. Only one tile was replaced.
Totally recommend. Andrea has a great team well organised.

Great work under coronavirus constraints

We had decided several weeks ago to get more solar and a battery - around 6 Kw of panels. Mark from Solarworx was very prompt and helpful in getting us the quote and clearing up our questions. To our amazement, installation was to occur within a week. Then coronavirus restrictions started to escalate and, I am sure, deliveries of components began to be delayed. However, the work was done in the expected time and to a high standard. We were impressed by the team -led by Andre and Adrian - all very helpful and courteous.

I would recommend Solarworx

Solaworx, fantastic service and high quality installers

Solaworx team members helped a "solar novice" through the process, explaining he technology and the best mix for my premises. My location had difficulties due to surrounding trees and the Solaworx team helped devise a system to maximise the outcomes from a solar system.
The installation was quickly and professionally completed, and the team continued their support in showing me how the components were being installed and keeping me up to date on progress. They also provided help on "the next steps" of grid connection.
should i want to upgrade, or install a new system, Solarworx would be the first people i call.

Good Job, Easy to deal with

Very easy as I had and existing system that it was connected to.
The Installation was very good, the men that installed it were very helpful with questions.
Customer service was good.

Very helpful, great customer service.

Very helpful, good prompt customer service.
Recommended best system to suit my budget.

Totally Satisfied

Our solar journey started 3 years ago.
We are a very high electricity usage property with a previous average anuall bill of around $5,200. This is mainly due to it being; 1. An all electricity home; 2. A large swimming pool with 3 x 1HP motors, 3. A large house with mutiple ducted electric air conditioners; 4. Being located in the cooler hills area with higher heating requirements.

We had been reluctant to install a solar system due to the house being surrounded by many large gum trees which obviously results in significant shade over the roof. Our house is situated on a sloping block and we enter from a rear lane which is much higher than our house. We had a strong desire to not enter the property and be confronted with a sea of solar panels.

Enter Solarwox and Mark Moody,

Mark visited many time during the process and came up with solution which addressed all of our requirements. What impressed us was his willingness to listen and consider our strong thoughts and his ability to communicate a technically complex subject in a way that we could understand.

At all times Mark was very professional and friendly. His knowlege of all aspects of the solar industry was obvious.
His installation team could not be faulted in any way. The system was installed around November 2018. As mentioned, our electricity bill before installation was $5,174 p.a. In the 2 years since the installation our electricity bill has reduced to $2,798 p.a. a saving of $2,376 p.a. This will give us a pay back period of approx 4 1/2 years !

We are obviously very pleased with the savings and full credit must go to Solaworx, particularly Mark.

Great job.

If customer service had extra stars I would have ticked them.Information is always just a phone call away. Thank you Mark for a job well done. Show additional information

Great job by Solaworx

Quote was very detailed with many options. The instillation team were friendly fast and efficient. The Enphase micro system we selected was connected and monitoring on my iPhone is fantastic. Show additional information

So happy with Solaworx - they listen and I found them incredibly helpful with the integrity I hoped for and a passion for Solar.

Mark Moody contacted us directly the day after we registered with Solar Quotes. He listened to what our situation was and also gave us plenty of information to help inform our purchase. He answered all of our questions, but never spoke down to us. We have an old tiny system on our Northern roof space that some other installers suggested we remove to make room for the new but Mark agreed with us that the half a day of shading on this part of the roof meant this didn’t make sense. Instead he has lengthened the working ours of our system by installing East/West as well as increasing it. He also helped me understand that we didn’t need to go bigger than the 6.615kw we have installed especially given the 5kw export limit in SA.

Over the next few days, we sent a few emails asking questions and each time Mark called us back giving us the answers. He impressed me with his knowledge, understanding, empathy and passion for his work.

We signed up for the system online late Friday night (close to midnight). It was installed today (Thursday) and it looks good from the street as I’d hoped.The installation was carried by two lovely polite young men who were clean and tidy and have done a great job. They’ve answered my questions and explained how the Enphase Monitoring will work and also included our old system in the new monitoring system. It’s pumping out more than I’d even expected and I’m looking forward to seeing how it makes our life better both monetarily and how we feel about our little contribution to replacing coal and gas.
We installed 11.97kW costing $15816.40. The main reason why we took Solarworx is that they were the only one to install Microinverter, with out an extra inverter unit on the wall. Show additional information

Great Customer Service and Expertise displayed by Manager and Installer Crew

Great follow up and assistance by the Manager of Solaworx Show additional information

Exellent service all round.

I have used Solarworx twice now at 2 seperate residents. Excellent customer service each time. Mark is "spot on " with your needs and quote. He makes the whole process very easy and has a long and intimate knowledge of the solar industry, past and present. He has his finger on the pulse with all the different products out there and will recommend the reputable ones within your budget. Accurate location of the installation of panels has meant that our 1st bill was down from $1,900 to $750. Happy customer right here. Show additional information
Received the 2 quotes requested. Both quotes were reasonable and on price alone was happy to accept either supplier. What made us choose SolarWorx was the attention given to us by Mark who spent considerable time with us on 3 seperate visits talking through various options until we found the one that suited us. Attention to detail and to us the customer was an important factor and Mark’s approach sealed the deal. We are very happy with our system. Show additional information

Quick and easy installation

Solarworx was easy to deal with and organised everything. The installer was on time, efficient and explained the operation of the Enlighten software. Show additional information
It may well be that I am too harsh with my rating. Some of the problems in my area are too high voltages. SA Power Networks detected 270 Volts at the meter of one of my neighbours only 2 days ago. Show additional information

Stress free installation, extremely knowledgeable, great service

We received quotes for four different solar set ups, and everything was very clear. On the phone Mark was very knowledgeable about the pros and cons of different set ups, and was very helpful. We went with microinverters and are very pleased with them. Installation was stress free very tidy, any issues that cropped up we were informed about but they were always taken care of. We noticed one of the panels underperforming compared to the rest and it was simply replaced. Everyone involved was very helpful and approachable and made the process easy. The outcome is wonderful and saving us so much money. I feel very relaxed knowing Mark can answer questions we might have about the performance of the setup or new technologies that become available. Show additional information

Stress free experience

Mark was fantastic - very relaxed and never pushed us to buy. Gave us four quotes for different budget levels and all the links to.look up the different products/brands.
Installed within about two weeks of signing. Installers were very polite, friendly, efficient and happy to answer any questions. We're just waiting on our energy supplier for the final grid connection, but Mark has supplied all the details we need for this.
Highly recommend Solaworx.

Quick and trouble free process and installation - Very good communication

I utilised solar quotes to obtain quotes for my solar installation. Solaworx were one of the recommended companies.

I called them up and I was guided by Mark Moody, who was very helpful in explaining the process, the different options available to me with regards to solar panels and inverters. He answered my questions and provided more information which made it easier for me to decide the panels and the inverters that I'd like to go with. He was quite informative and provided me valuable information about optimising my return on investment too. I opted for the Enphase micro inverters. And they come with a cool app for real time monitoring of the panels' performance and output.

Although they were heavily booked, Mark was instrumental in arranging installation on an urgent basis, cuz I wanted to get the system installed before January (which is when the government's subsidy reduces each year). Mark was very accommodating and I must say that despite the sweltering temperatures and the heat wave in South Australia, he had his installers start work early morning to mid day and completed the work over 3 days. That's easily the best service I have ever received in Australia. I have to be thankful for their commitment, hard work and going beyond the call of duty.

Their installers were very easy going and approachable. They made the installation process was for me too.

Overall, I was impressed by the honesty, communication, professionalism, dedication and the ability to understand my needs. I would highly recommend, Solaworx, Mark Moody and his installers to anyone who needs excellent quality at a fair price.

Professional all round

Excellent. Quote itemised down to nuts and bolts and costed for easy tracking and comparison to other providers.
Couple of delays in installation for justified reasons but the actual installation was excellent. Very polite, punctual, tidy and very clear and precise explanation of all aspects of the installation including the IT connectivity.
All good so far. One little modification required but given the timing coming into the festive season no concerns that will be remedied in the New Year.

Great pre-sale service and installation

I was provided with a 4 different quotes from a budget option to premium microinverter system. Each quote was itemised so I could see exactly what I'm paying for and each quote included heaps of additional info like data sheets for inverters and solar panels and a lot more.
Mark from Solaworx has been extremely helpful throughout the whole process and his advice helped me in picking the option that was right for me.
Installation was quick and easy. The day was quite windy and I was afraid it would be cancelled however the installers were on site at the arranged time (about 8 am if I recall right) and were confident the wind wouldn't give them too much grief. They didn't make much noise except for some drilling in the beginning, which is expected anyway, and they finished by about 3 pm.
I then had to wait for my energy provider to swap a meter and a few days later I started exporting to the grid. It's only been less than a month so far but I already have my energy account in credit.

Great job Solaworx. I've already recommended you guys to a couple of friends who are looking to install solar.

Excellent customer service

Excellent customer service from quoting for the system to the installation. Everything was explained in advance and organised for us through the process. Show additional information
Sales and quoting very good.
Installation excellent.
Customer service could not fault.

So easy and very Professional

Very happy with the whole process. Mark supplied 4 different quotes the day I requested 3 quotes. Quotes were detailed and easy to follow. I arranged for Mark to visit and after a couple of minor variations (3 phase system 2 arrays instead of 1) to the initial quote we accepted Marks quote for a 6.6kw micro-inverter system. Installation commenced 7 days after accepting the quote. The only hiccup with installation was that the solar panels were delivered to site late on the 1st day so installation was completed 2 days later due to prior commitments. This was on a day forecast temperature was over 40c.
Installers were hard working and very tidy.
Mark was very laid back and explained the system very well. There was absolutely no pressure to sign or to sell me more than I needed.

Excellent product

Sales a quoting process was excellent. No pushy salesperson, sold me what I wanted to match my budget.

Installation was clean and seamless and without issue. Been functioning perfectly for 7years without issue.

Customer service was excellent, I didn’t need to lift a finger, it all just happened.

Very knowledgeable

Mark knew exactly what he was talking about and we didn't feel pushed to buy a certain system. In fact, he gave us all the option and explained all the pro's and con's.
We had some council issues, but Mark was always available and happy to figure things out.
Would definitely recommend Solaworx.

Excellent communication, easy transaction!

Getting a quote was quick, accurate and painless. The order confirmation, payment and installation process was quick and hassle free. The teams knowledge and advice was both factual and they weren't afraid to explain why we needed a certain system and what the cons would be of alternatives. Follow up and communication on what was happening and when was also brilliant. Show additional information

Really Happy

Mark came out and inspected the site, gave us recommendations and emailed a very detailed quote. The installers were punctual and carried out the installation in a very professional manner. We are very happy with our new system & would recommend Solarworx. Show additional information

Eye Candy installer, neighbours were impressed

Mark from Solaworx has been very impressive from my first phone call right through to installation. He kept me up-to-date on everything that was happening. Customer service is second to none, I couldn't have asked for more. I would highly recommend Mark and Solaworx to everyone looking for Solar. Show additional information

Spot on their predictions, hassle free.

We had Mark talk us through the process and the savings projection. He was spot on. The right amount of panels for our home, great quality panels and inverter, they have never missed a beat in over 8 years. Installation was hassle free. Never any maintenance needed. Great service. Show additional information

Best company I have ever dealt with

Absolutely 5 stars, from start to finish. Mark is really informative without being pushy. Any question answered promptly and professionally. The installers (Andre and Adrian) were also lovely and professional. Have only had system up for 3 weeks but these guys were recommended to me via 2 workmates who have had there's for over a year and love it!. If only all trades and businesses were like this. Cheers Show additional information

Good job with Quality equiptment...

I got this system some years back and it has worked perfectly for me ever since... Very Happy! Show additional information

Reliable & Informative

Mark visited me at my home and spent quite a bit of time patiently explaining all of the different variables, followed up by reliably and promptly answering a number of further questions I thought of after and sent through via text.

They showed up when they said they would and did what they said they would.

They have since contacted my and advised of some issues with the grid in my area and have gone into bat for me with SAPN.

Would have no hesitation in recommending.

Exceeded ExpectationsThe sales

The sales experience helped us select the optimum system for our requirements, Mark clearly explained the choices available without the ‘sales push’ often experienced from other installers. Our choice was to go with micro inverters after learning the benefits from Mark. This has been a great choice and we are really happy with the performance of the system.

Installation was quick, efficient and very well done by Andre and his son - very professional, both in installation and explaining how the system operated.

After sales service has also been very good - very responsive and helpful.

Would definitely recommend the Solarworx team -

The installers arrived promptly and carried out the job with no fuss, introiduced me to the system and left the area neat as a new pin!

The quote, the explanatory conversations, and the fair price made me feel confident in my choice.
The forwarding of the paperwork on-line was prompt and the ease of making payment on-line was a pleasure.

New build solar installation

We are in the finishing stages of building a house and wanted a solar system installed prior to handover. We decided on Solarworx after receiving a comprehensive quote with several options and after Mark at Solarworx assured us he could work in with the builder. Despite our scepticism the anticipated problems with the builder allowing this never eventuated as Mark did as he promised and completed the contractor induction required by the builder and arranged the timing of the install to fit with their building schedule.

While we won’t be moving in for a couple of weeks yet the System is live and has now been feeding into the grid for over a fortnight and by reviewing the results through our power company portal we have more than happy with the results and output.

A job well done

A great installation with good attention to detail. The whole job went so smoothly. I am so impressed with the Enphase micro inverters And how easy it is to monitor the system through the Enlighten app Show additional information

Provided the most comprehensive information and very professional installation

The quote arrived quick and was very comprehensive , the system was installed within 2 weeks by experienced and efficient installers
the price was competitive and I am very happy with the whole process

Very supportive and professional installer

Mark is very supportive. He gave me 2 quotes that perfectly meet my needs. We chose 1 and happy to wait for the installation from his electrician. They were quick, professional and provided me enough information with my solar. What is more impressive to me is the after sales service from Solarworx. Show additional information

All in all a sucess

Decided to upgrade an existing DC string system by adding a new micro-inverter based system, which works well.

All in all a success. One issue during installation, in that the installer tried to remove existing system - not properly briefed :--)

100% helpful, attentive to my requirements, patient & prompt

First quote suggested best for my needs with 2 other alternatives. Very promptly delivered. Gave me My time to consider (comparing 3 other quotes and a lot of my own research) A date was set for installation & 2 great men arrived on time & worked hard at it all day - stopping only for a coffee . They instructed me on how to use the tracking app' so that I can watch the kW's adding up ???? Instructed me to raise a work order for SAPN to come & switch me on! I could not recommend this company highly enough. Show additional information
I haven't yet had approval from SA Power Networks for the install, so put not applicable for the install rating. Show additional information

Quality system, followup was haphazard.

Salesman was happy to provide multiple quotes, adjusting options to suit us. Installation was professional, on time, and tidy. Followup was disappointing - process for meter changeover not explained properly, Electrical Certificate of Compliance was a low-resolution photo of the real cert. 14 days after installation, and after reminders, we're still waiting for some documentation (maintenance requirements, earth fault alarm actions, connection diagram, etc). Show additional information

Professional in all aspects of provision and installation.

A professional approach without any heavy sales pressure. Easy to see the full items in the quote. Price seems ok when compared to others with the same system configuration. Installers were efficient, effective. friendly and helpful answering any questions I had. Overall a good experience dealing with Mark. Show additional information

The Donald`s review

The whole process was made easy by Mark and I cannot complain about service,installation and price
A job well done

A great experience with Solarworx installing 5kw solar Microinverter system to my residence.

I came across Solarworx via an internet search. Mark promptly sent me three quotes according to my needs. Follow up phone calls were informative without any pressure from Mark to buy. A big factor was Mark's onsite visit to my house done promptly, and all my questions were answered. I was tossing up between micro inverters and a string system. Mark favoured micro inverters and ensured I had information about both types of systems, again no pressure to buy and left me to ring him. I rang wanting accurate placement of panels on the roof which again came through promptly in the form of a picture of my roofline with panels in place..

My wife and I committed to Solarworx and the Microinverter system in part due to online research, but significantly due to Mark's open and professional manner. He talked at my level of understanding. He made it very clear that the installation by his father/son team - Andre and Brandon is done professionally with maximum attention to aesthetics of the system installation. both are qualified electricians. When they arrived at my house to install over two days, Andre and Brendon answered all my questions and consulted me at every step to ensure I was happy with what they were doing. I could not have been more impressed with their service.

The system has been operational for several weeks. Mark handled all the paperwork with my electrical retailer and SA PowerNetworks.

The online app that comes with the Enphase Microinverter and is great for monitoring daily. My system is set up to take extra panels which is easy to do with Microinverter panels and is also ready for a battery.

It was in the end a stress free purchase - well nearly given you are spending a lot of money for the system. Mark is available for follow up over the phone and I have used him in this regard. I would recommend Mark and Solarworx.