RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews

• Your free on-site measure and quote will ensure the best possible install.
  • Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.
  • You can be assured that all the paperwork will be taken care of so you receive all the government incentives you are entitled to.
  • Talk to us about Brighte Finance - $0 upfront solar.
  • We are Sydney owned and family run.
  • We are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer.
  • We don't use subcontractors. All installers are in-house.
  • Our designers and installer are fully accredited with the cec.
  • We're Enphace Preferred Installers & REC Solar Professionals.
  • All jobs have a 5 Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Over 4,500 installs since 2010

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $11,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews (379)

Great installers

Sales / quoting process went well, their salesperson came out to see us (some others had tried to do simply over the phone, looking online a roof size etc), and explained the system, how it works, pros and cons of the different brands. Being new to solar, this was very helpful.

Installation went well, all done in a day and they covered things we didn't think / know about like the inverter installed on the south facing wall out of direct sun etc (to be fair the power meter is also there but only in more recent newsletters did I read about this).

Only issue with installation, a roof tile was cracked using installation although not externally obvious. Shortly after we had some heavy rain over several days and I noticed discolouration in the ceiling. After climbing in to the roof and seeing the problem, their staff came out and replaced the tile for us as it was under system straight away.

Also initially had some problems getting readings in the app which they came out and helped us sort out.

My only suggestion would be the explanation of the app connectivity etc was a bit rushed at end of day. A better explanation / instructions would have helped us.

Other than this - very happy with system, seeing savings already and would recommend them to others.

Original Review on 01-01-2021:

Fantastic service, fast and responsive, exactly what I needed

I needed a company to remove my old system, plan a new system through our renovation and provide a large and cost-effective system for us. RK Solar came out the same day, provided a flexible and configurable quote as well as excellent advice. They removed the old system and will install the new one once the builders are ready. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is performing excellently.

Great install - high standards, knowledgeable & quality work

This is my second solar install by RK Solar. The first was a 4.2k with enphase inverters (2016) - that system worked perfectly. Moving to a new home in Feb 2021 we decided to request quotes for a 9.9kW system with micro inverters. Having received 3 quotes and spoken to several installers we decided to again engage RK Solar - we were not disappointed with the result.

The RK Solar service from start to finish was great - good communication at every step, answering my questions promptly and to our satisfaction. The actual install quality was excellent with two very capable installers. Our install was a little unusual and included 5 roof surfaces with east, north, west orientations - the installers handle this without any drama and discussed the position of each array before work began. The enlighten monitoring box was installed exactly as discussed with very tidy cabling. Our installers took pride in their work - they did not rush, cut corners or leave trash. All grid connection paperwork was handled by RK Solar.

Overall an outstanding job. We believe our decision to use a reputable, established business with proven track record over many years was validated. It was not the cheapest quote but I'm confident it was value for money with the best
possible outcome.

Installed today, not yet connected. System 8.14 kW Enphase, 22xTrina panels.

System (Great), Install (Fantastic), Service (a little lacking but improvable)

System. Really happy to go with Enphase. AC, is flexible & expandable. I've had prior experience with DC short circuits and prefer not to go there again.

Install. Had a great experience with Habib & his crew (Victorian installers) today. Worked hard, did a great job, polite & cleaned up after. Had the sense and adaptability to install the system that was best for our situation

Service. RK Solar is NSW based, this install is one of their first forays into Vic, so I expected that there would be a few road humps along the way. And there were.

Considering that, they did pretty well but probably needed to think a bit more about
. how goods are delivered. Communication about deliveries was good but most goods were delivered by single drivers who needed help from you to unload to a safe place.
. Delays. I suspect things went a bit astray between the original Vic salesperson I dealt with and RK solar. I had my own delays in organising finance and by the time I had that settled, I guess he'd moved on.
Things got a bit rushed in the end but RK still honoured everything I had worked out and been quoted previously.

All up, pretty happy

Original Review on 16-12-2020:

It's a long process

RK Solar was the only company to send out a sales person.

Their installers were very good working late to get things completed.

Had to chase them up for initial installation date, to come back and finish the install and the grid connection.

Final installation - 31 Trina panels with micro inverters and powerwall 2 battery

Although I conducted lots of research - mainly on the SolarQuotes sites I still got caught out over some things and maybe they should have been explained by the company prior to installation. Things that they should have informed me or maybe I should have made myself aware of (traps for the uneducated):

1. The satellite images that are used to plan the install aren't accurate. We planned for 33 panels on 2 roof spaces and ended up with 31 panels on 3 roof spaces.

2. Finding out that the battery can only be charged by a subset of the panels due to battery limits. (makes sense but I didn't find out till after installation)

3. In line with 2 above only the panels connected to the battery will be operational during a blackout. (19 of the 31)

4. Our air con user 3 phases and cannot be supplied by the battery so no air con during blackouts.

5. Our oven amp rating is higher than what the battery can supply so no oven during blackouts.

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has worked exactly as expected. On a cloudless day the panels provide for all our use as well as charging the battery by lunch time. From then on the extra flows to the grid.

So far this year (Jan to Aug) the system has provided 64% of our power needs. The percentage will increase as we head into the warmer months.

Worth doing

Was very Happy with Patricio from RK Solar. On his visit he explained all the aspects of getting solar panels installed.
The whole process from paying the deposit, processing the order and locking in an install date was a smooth process provided by Hector in admin support.
The installation team turned up on the due date, were on time, friendly, courteous, clean / tidy and did a good job installing the products, they even fixed an issue with a down pipe we had so was excellent. They provided us with all the required installation certification paperwork.
I’m also great full to Allen at RK solar who helped me sorted out my app to the Fronius inverter.

The best in the business!

Very experienced and thorough professionals. Ask for Aman, he is absolutely brilliant in his knowledge of solar products and explains everything in detail and patiently. Competitive prices as well. The process was very smooth with RK Solar.

Highly Recommended

I am pleased to recommend RK Solar highly. From the initial contact with their Consultant and the stages of finalising a quote, organising the installation and finally the commissioning of the panels - at all times they were highly professional, competitive, prompt and supportive.
We had a difficult site - 1 3 storied inner city terrace house that posed it's unique access issue but they assisted where others would not have tried.

A+

Great installation team. Quick responses from the office team and great hand over documentation.

Site was left clean and happy to recommend them to others

Excellent service

RK Solar had great customer service and the installation team was very professional and friendly.

Best Solar company by far.

This is the second time I have used RK Solar to install a state of the art System. The whole process from start to finish was a pleasure to deal with. From the quotes, to the installation date, even prior by giving me a lot of information and advice to make sure I got the best product for my situation. One of the things I liked wears they have been in business a long time, not just a few years. So I knew I could rely on the ongoing support and service.

The installers were all very professional and punctual with a high level of workmanship. I would not hesitate in using them again or highly recommending them to family and friends.

Looking forward to no more power bills. ; )

Good detailed introduction before installation; continue to provide good service after installation.

Great installer

Installation team was great, they arrived on time and left the place clean, a no hassle job done efficiently.
The electrician from RK Solar even helped us fix some cables in the power box which have not been installed properly by our builder. Very nice and honest people.

Original Review on 25-09-2020:

Excellent service throughout

I am extremely happy with the whole process. I got 3 quotes - RK Solar were the only company to actually come to the house and look at the situation. The consultant was excellent - he was prepared to work with me to give me the best system at a price I could afford. I had a budget that I was not prepared to exceed - the original quote was above that but working together we were able to get to a great solution.

The company kept in contact with me after the contract was signed updating me as to the progress of the order and then worked with me to get the system installed in the shortest possible time frame.
On the day of installation the workers arrived on time and on a very nasty hot and windy day had the system installed on the roof efficiently and quickly under trying conditions. They were extremely tidy clearing up after the work was done.

After installation they took me through the details I needed to know carefully and thoroughly and then the next day made sure I was able to log in and monitor my system.

The customer service has been excellent - I already had a small solar system on the roof so had a smart meter installed that they only had to connect to on the day so by mid afternoon my system was up and running and feeding power to the house and the grid.

8 months later we asked Lynette: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes - I no longer have to purchase power from my grid supplier and am accumulating a nice bit of money which I am saving towards the purchase of a battery.

Solar installation

RK Solar are very professional, very knowledgeable and very good at installing solar systems, I can't recommend them enough very pleased with my installation.

Very professional services

RK Solar provides a very professional service. Sales and support teams are very helpful, the whole job doesn't take too long to complete, thank you so much for Kunal and Hector. The installation are neat and tidy, the installer communicates with customer in a friendly and professional manner to accommodate what customer needs. I highly recommend this service provider to anyone who need the solar system.

Enphase/REC

I liked that the consultant came to the house. He was polite and punctual. He gave me a lot of information and listened to what I wanted. The installation seemed to go well and the company organised grid connection as well.

Professional Installer With Electrical Background

RK Solar provided the most detailed quote of all the solar companies, with many different options for size of install, inverter and panel type. We went with 10.36kW system using Trina panels & Enphase Mirco-inverter and Envoy S-Meter wifi monitoring.

Was very Happy with Kunal the Director of RK Solar who personally visited our property and explained all the aspect of solar. He was helpful, knowledgeable, promptly returned calls, emails and made changes to the system spec and provided quotes as requested. RK Solar & Consulting Service are Enphase Professional installer.

Once I paid my deposit, they processed my order and got back within a few days to lock in a date.
The installation team turned up on the due date, were on time, friendly, courteous, clean / tidy and did a good job installing the products and provided with all the required installation certification paperwork. The installation was done in a day and was relatively smooth.
Overall, my experience with RK Solar has been very positive. I would have no issue recommending them based on my experiences with their pre / post sales teams and installation team.

Professional Prompt Polite Service

Extremely satisfied with dealing with RK Solar.
From the initial consultation with the designer and estimator, through to the prompt office communication to the friendly and competent installation team and finally to the wifi team.
It was a stress free experience.
I had a large residential system of 72 panels installed over 3 days.
I would highly recommend this company. Their price was quite competitive and the components of good a good standard for price.

Great service and price

Great sales person and full of information
Good installation team
Good after sale service

Good Custom Design For Our Requirements

1. Sales and quotes were very detailed and provided all information required to select the best system for our installation.

2. The installation was completed when scheduled with a team of installers. The CB installed in the fuse box was initially not the correct rating and was tripping under high load. Once this was identified a new higher rated CB was installed and system operation has been excellent since.

3. Initial Wi-fi connection was not working but this was identified by the GK Solar Technician and corrected the following day. Grid connection and monitoring functions were all completed smoothly.

Efficient and great customer service overall

The overall sales process was consultative and very pleasant. Quoting was efficient, fair and they were willing to work around our timelines. The install team was professional, on-time and very thorough. Communication throughout was of the highest standard and wouldn't hesitate in recommending the team at RK Solar. Satisfied with the overall experience so far and the system is performing per our expectations so far. Was a pleasure to deal with the team at RK Solar.

Professional with excellent service and a great experience!

Professional and excellent service.
Great experience in getting an expansion on my solar system. Polite and helpful team, well organised and systematic.

After having a middling experience with a different installer the experience with RK Solar emphasizes the importance of hiring an established organisation for a job that looks and seems straightforward.

Highly recommended and full marks.

Quality installation

After lots of research we are glad we decided to get our solar system installed with RK Solar. Great company to deal with. Kunal personally took time to explain pros and cons of different systems and helped us take the right decision of going with Enphase micro inverters.

Installation team was amazing and did a very professional job. They took time and ensured high quality installation. They even ensured that no pipes or wires are visible. One of the things that swayed us in favour of RK Solar was that they have their own installation team.

The whole process was stress free and the admin kept us informed at every stage. I like quick response to my emails and absolutely loved the quick response times from Hector.

Will highly recommend this company.

So far so good

I have used RK Solar before so know their process. Their quote was informative and gave loads of info. We elected to go for a larger system than they initially quoted and they were happy to adjust their offer and it was done quickly.

So far so good as the install has been done and it was done quickly and efficiently. Not yet hooked up as the energy retailer has not yet installed the smart meter. Very happy that after the March flooding event in Penrith where i live that the roof has not leaked due to the installation. If it was going to leak i guess it would have been this week.

RK need to do some remedial work on the roof which is why the install is only 3 stars but they have committed to doing this when they come back to install the consumption meter. Once done to my satisfaction i would happily increase the rating.

Looking forward to harvesting some rays!!!

Great service from this company.

Personal service. Consultant came to house explained the whole system. I was able to refer to my notes when comparing other quotes. They weren’t the cheapest but seemed to have better quality stuff.
The installation was fairly quick, the installers were polite, tidy, punctual. The electrician spent a lot of time explaining things to me. “Over and above”.

Great service and professionalism

Highly professional.

Sales process was informative. Installation was timely (on scheduled date and time). Despite the difficulty of installation at my property, installation went without a hitch and was done at high quality.

Great customer customer service, all requests to the energy retailer were performed which gave peace of mind.

Good and quick installation

The sales person for RK was very thorough in explaining the system. Installation was quick as well. They are very easy to talk to and quick to respond. Happy with my purchase!

A very bad post customer service.

The entire process has nothing but a very bad experience to me.
The issues range from:
- Promising dates for install and no one coming on that day to install. We have to take off from work to be at home for install to happen, however when no one comes the day of install its quite frustrating. This happened not just once.
- Damages during install, which when reported never replied or acknowledged.
- Damage to the sky tube, which turned into a leak into my roof.

For people looking for better solar install company please look elsewhere.

Mihir.

A difficult job, but RK solar prevailed

My job was difficult and RK provided a good PV solution

I have significant shading on my property from Eucalypt trees on both the North West and the East. North Sydney Council will not allow them to be cut down, despite the environmental benefits of solar and the fire risk , as I am in a designated 'red' RFS high risk bush fire zone too. So not too considerate of rate payer needs!

I have a 2 / 3 story hillside house, hard to access, with clay roof tiles. Other suppliers prefer single story, easy access, colour bond steel roof without shading and either did not quote, made excuses for high prices, demanded the tree was cut down (see above answer) or tried to push their favoured Chinese products. RK solar listened, thought and provided a practical, cost effective solution for the shading with SMA (Germany) 5kwh inverter, 17xREC panels with Tigo shade optimisers, matched to my 3 phase power supply.

The installation took 2 attempts; the first team were not happy with the height, some light morning rain and a steep roof incline, but the 2nd team prevailed and were courteous, safe, tidy and efficient.
Likewise the grid connection and liaison with my electrical supplier AGL was easy.

Overall, I am very happy with RK solar, but my VFM, due to the shading costs cannot be rated as 5 stars - but this is a function of my property's issues.

I am very happy to endorse RK solar.

Good solar installer

Overall, i am happy with the service and products. However, a bit disappointed with delaying in installation date without notice. I have to call a couple of time to confirm.

Excellent service by RK Solar

RK solar's team was prompt with a quick quote and installed my solar within few weeks. The coordination was excellent from head office and the ceo of the company Mr. Kapoor called us personally to check if work was done as per our expectations. I highly recommend RK solar to anyone looking at quality solar installations with good price. The installation team is directly employed by RK solar which means in case of issues in future you have full support from them.

RK Solar review for Solar installation

The guys turned up on site at the agreed time and date. Completed the job well on time. They followed the safety standards. Guys had tool box talks and planned the installation very well.
The installation was perfect and overall quality was quite good.
The lead electrcian explained the system after commissioning and helped with the app and provided brief training.
I will recommend R K solar very much to everyone if they are after a flawless process from design to commission and a good customer support.

Great service and value for money. Extremely happy.

From quotation to installation, it was a fantastic experience with R K Solar. After consulting, we were offered top notch panels and inverter at a great price. Turn around was fairly quick. The installation team was helpful and courteous, and did a thorough job with the installation. R K Solar helped us all the way including the final step of organising the grid connection. Will highly recommend them to anyone including friends and family.

Professional service and high quality products

The service was great...very responsive and cleared all my doubts in minutes. High quality products installed at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

good & clean installation, nice people & installation in not even a full day.

Nitesh is well verse & quoting process is good. Nitesh came over same day to check the installation, making sure it run smoothly.

good & clean installation, nice people & installation in not even a full day.

Yes, they help organise the grid connection.

Great Company and the best Installer

There were 3 Solar Reps visited to my house as a reply from SolarQuotes. I chose RK because they offered a bigger system than the others, they also have the wider range of Solar equipment suppliers.
I chose Trina panel because its not that expensive but offered reasonable warranty similar to the top brands, and it is also efficient. It was partner with SMA Inverter and Clenergy Racking.

The installation was meticulously supervised by an Electrical Engineer. Everything was done in one working day including grid connection and online monitoring application.
I was lucky to have an expert installer that knows everything about solar energy system.
In the next day I yielded 62kw of clean energy from my 10 kw solar system.
RK costumer service is top notch, they answer all my questions.

I definitely recommend RK Solar Installer, which was recommended to me by SolarQuotes.

Customer Focused - Sales, Administration & Installation

Face-face meeting with sales person, explained everything I needed to know, answered questions. Provided quote on the spot & followed up without being pushy. Excellent sales style. Administration also very responsive.

Installation perfect, installers (panel & inverter) were very polite, tidy and explained everything they had done.
The whole installation was trouble free, the work done first class and the tradesmen most co-operative and helpful. I have recommended them to several other of my friends who have had similar experiences.

Very professional installation, all systems properly setup and all working well!

Sales person was competent and patient, exploring pros and cons for different types of solar panels.
The actual installation was spot on, people have arrived early, well prepared, and the complete solution (solar panels and inverter) were installed in four hours.
Customer service was always helpful, looked very well after the connection to grid and the web monitoring solution.

Upgrade to optimum size

The sales process provided detail information and explained in detail the cost benefits of the upgrade and the financial payback to justify why I should go ahead.

The installation was quick with no issues and everything worked. The installers were friendly and polite.

The upgrade worked seamlessly with the existing equipment.

Excellent install and support

KR was the only company to come and meet us.
Also they actually listened to what we wanted.
I asked a lot of questions and there answers were very clear and easy to understand.

Install team were clan and tidy and respected our property.

Professional, punctual & reliable

Presales process was very professional and detailed. All possible choices were explained thoroughly and there was no undue push to agree.
Installation was done prior to agreed date and I was called to confirm the date and time. Installation guys were on time, did a neat job, on-time and explained everything before leaving.
RK Solar organized everything with my energy provider for meter change and grid connection and system has been working flawlessly so far (its been 6 weeks.)
I would highly recommend RK solar for anyone interested in getting Solar.

Five Star

Excellent service from start to finish. The professionalism made the whole process very easy.
Highly recommended.

Original Review on 20-05-2020:

Communication problems , Satisfactory outcome

All Solar quotes were basically the same. Choosing one was mainly based on longevity and customer base. Problems with communication occurred during the initial and installation process. E mails were ignored and I was contacted at 5pm on a Tuesday night that the Panels would be installed at 6.30am the next day. I rejected this late notice but the installers turned up anyway. The installation was organised for a later date and was very efficiently carried out. The system is now operating well, and hopefully will be for many years to come. I appreciate that all this occurred during the Covid-19 crisis and this may have contributed to some of the problems. I think that Solar companies need to appreciate that new customers know little about how the business operates and need quick answers to any ongoing concerns. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Paul Helen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system is generating between 700 and 950 KwH per month since installation, significantly reducing my electricity bill

RK Solar - Highly Professional

Sales quote was impressive. Salesperson showed me pictures of my roof across the seasons showing the extent of shading and designed my system size, configuration and placement accordingly.

All aspects were on time as advised ans the team who installed were highly professional.cleaned up afterwards.
After sales service was really good immediately resolved a tripping issue due to high voltage coming in from the street

Overall 11/10

Original Review on 23-03-2020:

Prompt service very helpful

RK Solar were quick to respond to my inquiry and organize a visit to discuss the options. Very nice staff and have kept me updated on installation progress. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes has been working well. Saving us money on our electricity bill.

Excellent customer service & very happy with the system

Kunal took his time understanding my needs and concerns as I have limited roof space to installed solar panels. After going through pros and cons for a few solar panel brands & inverters, I have decided to go with Longi 370W panel + Enphase microinverters. Very happy with the system and the entire process from customer service to installation (including all paperworks and organisation of grid connection). Have since referred Kunal to two of my friends who ended up with RK Solar. Both shared the positive experience from Kunal and Team.

Original Review on 27-03-2020:

Good installation and installer

R K Solar were professional and provided options for various combinations of inverters and panels as did the other two companies.
It took a while for me to make a decision as I was constantly referring back to the Solar Quotes website for reviews and information on the various components of the system.
I was informed that the installation would begin early in April but that was subsequently brought forward to March. The installation itself went relatively smoothly.
Whirlybird needed to be relocated due to the fact that I required separation between the bottom of the lowest row of panels and the roof edge. Installation began late afternoon and was completed as the light began to fade around 6.30 pm approximately. Electrician came in much later than the installation team and his work extended to the next morning as the grid connection required daylight. Long story short a full day is required for a complete installation.
While it is not a reflection on the electrician, there is quite a lot of noisy drilling that is required on the electrical side of things and will impact on being able to be inside that particular room. In my case it was the lounge room.
Customer service has been quite good and I have been kept informed during the whole process. As I already have a smart meter, I am now waiting for remote re-configuration of the meter so that solar production can be accounted for by the retailer. R K organised for the paper work to be able to get to this point.
The system has been running for about two days which have gone between cloudy, rainy and sunny....!!
System production for 26 March was 11.12 kWh of which 41% was self consumed and 59% exported.
Consumption was 15.04 kWh of which 30% was self consumed and 70% imported. Still early days.
Note: Panels are Hanwa Q-cells 330W DUO G5. Included a SolarEdge bus to monitor individual panels and self consumption.

8 months later we asked Maxi: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has performed to expectations. The only downside if any is that my panels can generate close to 6.6kW on a sunny day but my inverter can only handle 5kW which I knew that from the start.

generating lots of power

My installation occurred during the early stages of the Corona virus, so communication was a little difficult. After some initial communication misunderstandings about what I required, the installation was successfully completed in one day. However the next day it rained and a leak occurred caused by a cracked roof tile. This was rectified the next day by the installers. I initially had some wi-fi problems with the Enphase inverters and found it tricky to reinstall the software communication by myself.(someone coming to my home to help would incur a fee). My experience since then has exceeded my expectations. The system is generating around 800 Kw per month, much more than I can use. So far, no problems.