RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews

About RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 98 147 195 015  ABN active since 04 Nov 2010 | R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd
ACN: 147 195 015  ACN active since 04 Nov 2010 | R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 233309C R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $4,200 - $9,850 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

• Your free on-site measure and quote will ensure the best possible install.
  • Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.
  • You can be assured that all the paperwork will be taken care of so you receive all the government incentives you are entitled to.
  • Talk to us about Brighte Finance - $0 upfront solar.
  • We are Sydney owned and family run.
  • We are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer.
  • We don't use subcontractors. All installers are in-house.
  • Our designers and installer are fully accredited with the cec.
  • We're Enphace Preferred Installers & REC Solar Professionals.
  • All jobs have a 5 Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Over 4,500 installs since 2010

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Great customer support.

Right from the first contact RK Solar were easy to deal with. The knowledge of the sales rep was good and he was able to provide me with a range of system options at varying price points. All with no pressure to buy.
The system installation was reasonably straight forward however it did involve some unforeseen additional electrical work and subsequent expense.
The system has been running for 4 months now and so far has worked as expected.
RK Solar have also followed up to make sure the system is working as it should and I am happy with the product.
I would absolutely recommend RK Solar to anyone considering a Solar System install.

Should have got solar earlier

Probably should have got solar a lot earlier.
RK solar were a professional company and sent one of the team to look at the house particularly the roof before providing any quotation. I believe this is essential. Patricio also took time to explain the different options with regard to brands of panels, and both types and brands of inverters. In follow-up he provided additional quotes for comparison as I was considering a number of options. Unfortunately due to COVID19 I think it took longer for the installation to be booked in, and also for the utilities company to switch the meter over (all unavoidable).
The handover and instructions about how to use could have been a little better - I thought I was getting a strange reading from my app due to the lack of meter - but actually the system wasn't switched on properly. Sorted via a phone call.
All-in-all a relatively easy experience.

Good service

Good service. The quoting process was informative and the company helpful throughout. The install went smoothly and RK solar organised the grid connection process for me.

The system regularly produces between 17 and 22 kwh on a sunny day which is not bad for winter and should significantly reduce my electrical bill.

Installation went OK but there was a language problem. Person in charge discussed varying panel location and a compromise was reached. Had to pay extra to move whurley birds.

Explanation of system was excellent and happy to requote on other options when asked.
The installation was subcontracted out which I was not aware of at the time of signing.
Grid connection occurred seamlessly.

Professional Installation

The initial sales and quoting process was informative. The sales person understood my requirements and tailored the best system to fit my budget and needs.

The installation was fast and efficient. Communication between myself and the installers was clear and productive.

The customer service was very good. They handled all the relevant paperwork to help with a relatively seamless installation. There was a slight delay in getting the grid connection established.

The system is performing to it's specifications. I am very please with the savings generated and look forward calculating my true investment payback after additional performance history is gathered.

RK Solar battery and panels installation

We got RK Solar to install some solar panels a few years ago. Recently we wanted to upgrade so we contacted them again. They increased the number of panels and also installed a 10Kwh Sonnen battery. In both cases the installation was done efficiently and we have not had any problems. Show additional information

Very happy

Quoting process excellent.
Installation went well, took about four hours. Very professional, cleaned up, very friendly and on time.
Customer service very good and they did help with the grid connection. New meter to be installed Tuesday 11/8/20.

RK Solar has been Great So far. Expecting a similar After Sales Support. Highly Recommend.

Ever since I started looking for a Solar System, I had spoken to more than 15 providers and finally dropped the Plan as I did not know what (brands) to Choose and Who I can Trust. Thanks to Solar quotes I narrowed my search to few brands and providers.

What I liked most in RK Solar was their Quotation. It was crystal clear on what they are offering with complete tech specs, Warranty etc (you will find all the information to make a decision). Since their pricing was on a higher side I chose to go with a different provider who made a verbal offer and some promises. But When I asked to put those promises in writing that provider backed out and claimed that he never said that. So I decided to go with someone who is honest upfront even if they are expensive. There is a saying, "Nice thing costs money". So I went with RK Solar.

RK Solar initially promised me that it would take about 5-6 weeks for the installation. I requested them if they could reduce the lead time as I was paying a hefty amount to my power company. (Our heater runs most of the day). And to my surprise they called me on the 9th day asking if they can do the installation the following day. So on the 10th business day installation as over. They in fact filled the online application form on my behalf and requested METER Reconfiguration from my electricity provider. Within 4 working days meter was reconfigured.

Installation was good, they were really quick and completed, cleaned the area in about 4.5 hrs. Although there are rooms for improvement when it comes to safety of Installation Technicians. PS: P.S: Will update about their Installation Quality & AFTER SALES SUPPORT in a few years time.

My overall experience with RK Solar has been extraordinary (so far) and I strongly recommend them.

Adding extra panels to existing system

After a delay of some weeks in returning my initial phone enquiry, the process of dealing with R.K.Solar went smoothly, pleasantly and efficiently.

Their quoted price seemed fair and the job was done promptly and politely.

There was some fiddling around to get the metering and reports on the Enphase website to work properly, but the problem was soon rectified.

Since this is a winter period, the savings on our normal electricity use is hard to judge. I estimate about a $200 saving over the quarter. At that rate it will take about 10 years for the system to recoup the installation cost. Maybe we will do better than this over the summer months.

Good System. Addedd batteries.

They had some trouble getting the wiring sorted out so the system reported properly. The issues came from the fact that another company installed the panels and system, and they installed the battery sustem. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer

After considerable research and consultation with SolarQuotes and being contacted 3 Local installers. The first two companies informed us that our roof tiles were not suitable for solar. RK solar salesman came to our house in the evening and could not see the tiles, he still sat down, and explained the process to us and how the system works. On the day of installation RK solar came to site with several different bracketing solutions but unfortunately none of them were suitable. RK solar showed us the issues they were having with the tiles, they went away and engineered a new bracket. Before installing, RK solar demonstrated how the brackets would work and their professionalism was very reassuring that we had made the right choice. From start to finish, this company provided excellent service, very responsive and professional to deal with.
We nominated LG Neon2 panels (26) and Enphase IQ7 Micro inverters which equals a 9.1Kw system.
Our electrical bills would average $850 for the February/April quarter. For the same period since the systems installation our bill was $146 a saving of $704. I am incredibly happy with my investment and RK solar customer support, advice and their continuing after sales support.
Regards, Hamish.

New solar install

Received 3 quotes with the assistance of Solar Quotes and decided to go with RK Solar of Castle Hill due to their professional approach and patience with my many questions regarding panels & inverters.

The installation was delayed due to lots of rain days in February however eventually the installation day arrived and the installers were punctual & happy to discuss the process of installation during the day. They worked together very well and completed the job by late afternoon leaving the site tidy.

The customer service from their office was very efficient & we were able to have all the paperwork processed with the net meter installed within 2 weeks.

I have since received all the warranty & registration paperwork for the installation as well as a follow up call to check on my satisfaction of the work.

We would certainly recommend RK Solar.

Happy Campers.

Sales and quoting process prompt ,professional,courteous and informative.
Installation bang on time,fast,tidy and a nice crew of blokes.
Grid connection was organised.
We needed help to connect to wifi monitoring..this will be forthcoming as soon as a rep. can pay us a visit.This is down to our lack of tech-savvy,not a fault of RK Solar.
We are comfortable with our choice,and would recommend .

Got the job done quickly!

All the companies that quoted me via the Solar Quotes site were very helpful. The main reason I am choose RK Solar & consulting Service is due to the site inspection, explanation on how things work and what is best fit for me. Show additional information

Upgrade and battery installation

I have used RK Solar twice to add additional solar panels and the modular Enphase Battery system. I found the company competitive on price and they kept me informed. The mutually agreeable times for installation were made and the team was always punctual. All packaging and debris was cleaned up and removed. Show additional information

Very Professional

We utilised the services of RK Solar to install our system which comprised 20 x 330w Trina Mono Split Cell Panels with 20 x Enphase IQ7 Micro Inverters in January 2020.
Because of the steep pitch of our roofline several installers we initially spoke to were not able to tackle the job but RK Solar arranged a site inspection and were able to complete the task in a very professional, safe and efficient manner.
Any information or queries we had during the job were co-ordinated by Hanny in the office who kept us well informed during the works and handled our grid connection and rebate.
We have been very happy with the energy production figures and savings in our power bills and environmentally we have produced a carbon offset of approx. 3800 lbs or the equivalent of 45 Trees during the past 5 months.
We would thoroughly recommend RK Solar & Consulting Services for any of your energy needs.

All's well that ends well

In a case of starting out on the wrong foot, after we okayed the quote, we were given an installation date. On that day, no one shows up so we ring after 9:00 am or so, oops, sorry not today. Oh, we forgot to let you know was their reply. Wow, not a good start. Anyway, we get a new date set for two weeks later and it went pretty smooth from then.

Installation was done in a day. There were problems setting up the monitoring system, which took them a few visits to fix. Hey, they were really trying, so big points for that. The monitoring system works a treat. We've seen our electricity bills drop. While still early days and wanting to see a full year for a proper comparison, we estimate that our total year's bills will be about a third of our previous bills. Could be a bit more. So, we will be able to get a payback in 2.5 years or so.

We are happy with that and even it takes a bit over 3 years, this should be ok. RK are actually a good team and we are happy to recommend them.

Highly Recommend this Mob

I did a lot of homework and settled on RK Solar. Their Rep , Patricio, came to our house , was incredibly good at explaining everything and followed up with prompt emails on all my questions post his visit and quote. Installation went like a dream and the pricing was spot on. I would recommend these guys without hesitation. Thank You - PS: just got my last quarterly electricity bill and it was half what it was for the same period the previous year. I will be in front in about 3 yrs. I can't think of a better investment. Show additional information

Great so far!

I am happy with the overall process so far with no issues. They have been flexible with my requests in pricing and payment which has helped a lot during covid-19 pandemic. Have shown professional customer service. I recommend RK solar. Show additional information

Recommendation for RK Solar

I would recommend RK Solar. The sales rep was informative, friendly and explained everything. The installation was for 19 panels and was completed in 1 day. Since installation they have come back twice to check the system. Communication from the company is excellent. We are just waiting for our electricity supplier to change the meter. The whole process has been pain free and I am very happy with RK Solar. Show additional information

Fantastic experience! RK Solar has communicated well throughout the process and installed a great system at a very competitive price. I highly recommend RK Solar.

Sales and quoting process was very straightforward. They also provided options for financing.
Installation was on time and done very professionally. No damage to the property whatsoever.
Customer service was great and communicated well throughout the process. They provided the timeline and stick to it.

New solar system install.

Had some problems initially with component supply, but once that was ironed out the system worked smoothly. We installed a 12.9kw system which has all but eliminated our power bill which was extensive. Well worth the money. Show additional information

New solar system

After many months of research on a new solar system we started to obtain quotations from number of companies. Our aim was to install a quality panels and inverters for our house. We also wanted a company that has been established for number of years and a solid service. Most of the companies provided quotes using google maps, RK solar made the effort to make an appointment and actually see our property and provided us with number of options and quotations. The price difference between the quotations that we obtain from four companies was from cheap to expensive. But you get what you pay for. RK solar wasn’t the cheapest but we felt that the quote was very competitive for the system that was installed. The other factor was number of years that the company was in business also having own employees for installation and not contractors. RK back office did all the paperwork that was required. Installation was completed without any issues. He would recommend this company to our friends if at anytime they need to install a solar system. Show additional information

Communication problems , Satisfactory outcome

All Solar quotes were basically the same. Choosing one was mainly based on longevity and customer base. Problems with communication occurred during the initial and installation process. E mails were ignored and I was contacted at 5pm on a Tuesday night that the Panels would be installed at 6.30am the next day. I rejected this late notice but the installers turned up anyway. The installation was organised for a later date and was very efficiently carried out. The system is now operating well, and hopefully will be for many years to come. I appreciate that all this occurred during the Covid-19 crisis and this may have contributed to some of the problems. I think that Solar companies need to appreciate that new customers know little about how the business operates and need quick answers to any ongoing concerns. Show additional information

Good job

Knowledgeable salesperson gave a rapid and comprehensive quote with sensible options.
Offered system that was a good blend of quality and the correct level of features and capacity for my situation.
Installation was rapid and the install crew were knowledgeable and helpful. They discussed the installation with me and we agreed on the exact position of panels and the inverter to work best for the house.
The install crew fixed an existing broken item in the meter box for me as well.
Customer service was responsive when I was unsure of how the grid connection process happened after install.

Great value for money, friendly and efficient installers; very satisfied customrs.

The quoting was good - personal inspection with good information and feedback. Offered optimised system at a price that others were quoting for a basic level system. The installation team were friendly and helpful, happy to explain each step of their process. They did all the organisation of the grid connection efficiently and without having to be prompted. Payment was made at the end of the process. Very happy. Show additional information

Good installation and installer

R K Solar were professional and provided options for various combinations of inverters and panels as did the other two companies.
It took a while for me to make a decision as I was constantly referring back to the Solar Quotes website for reviews and information on the various components of the system.
I was informed that the installation would begin early in April but that was subsequently brought forward to March. The installation itself went relatively smoothly.
Whirlybird needed to be relocated due to the fact that I required separation between the bottom of the lowest row of panels and the roof edge. Installation began late afternoon and was completed as the light began to fade around 6.30 pm approximately. Electrician came in much later than the installation team and his work extended to the next morning as the grid connection required daylight. Long story short a full day is required for a complete installation.
While it is not a reflection on the electrician, there is quite a lot of noisy drilling that is required on the electrical side of things and will impact on being able to be inside that particular room. In my case it was the lounge room.
Customer service has been quite good and I have been kept informed during the whole process. As I already have a smart meter, I am now waiting for remote re-configuration of the meter so that solar production can be accounted for by the retailer. R K organised for the paper work to be able to get to this point.
The system has been running for about two days which have gone between cloudy, rainy and sunny....!!
System production for 26 March was 11.12 kWh of which 41% was self consumed and 59% exported.
Consumption was 15.04 kWh of which 30% was self consumed and 70% imported. Still early days.
Note: Panels are Hanwa Q-cells 330W DUO G5. Included a SolarEdge bus to monitor individual panels and self consumption.

Prompt service very helpful

RK Solar were quick to respond to my inquiry and organize a visit to discuss the options. Very nice staff and have kept me updated on installation progress. Show additional information

Efficient and skillful installers

Sales/quoting process took a while, from quote acceptance to the day of installation it 2.5 months, response to my queries takes time for a reply but at the end it was all resolved. Installation was on time as scheduled and they were tidy and proficient with the installation process, there were three installers and completed the installation with a days, a separate team of two electricians did the commissioning. They've help me organised with AGL smart meter application, though I had to call the AGL to expedite the replacement process. Overall the whole process was smooth sailing and RK Solar Consulting has given a bit of discount, other competitors also tried to drop their quotes but was still higher than RK Solar. Show additional information

Great quality system, install & customer service

Our install was complex due to the shingle tiles we have on our roof. I was fully supported during the sales process which gave me confidence to select RK Solar to install our PV system. There were some delays as the install team discovered that the planned installation approach was not going to work. To RK's credit, they persisted with our installation to find a new solution rather than walk away. Once a new installation approach was determined, the system was up and running and connected to the grid within a week. Issues discovered post-installation were resolved quickly, and the system is working very well.

Happy to recommend RK Solar for a quality Solar PV system

Fantastic company to work with

I arranged for a home visit and was walked through all the options. Their sales team did not pressure me with making a decision or tried to up sell me to a system I didn't need. The installers were polite and punctual. They arrived on time on the agreed install date. I had a lot of issues with the paperwork for getting my meter updated but the team at RK helped me through the process even though some parts were not their responsibility. Overall very happy and satisfied with RK Show additional information

Very good solar system installer. Reliable and professional, good customer service.

There are heaps of solar system installers in the market and it was a pain for me to find the right solar panel installer for my house. With the aid of Solarquotes, I found RK solar is the right Solar System installer that I should go for without regret.

The impression of the consultant Michael was good. He visited my place and gave me advice in detail, including some considerations that I never think about. Michael is not a pushy person like other salesperson. The Admin Hanny is hard working and has good customer service in arranging the time and preparing the paper work required for the connection afterward. The installer team completed the work on time, has no drama during the day. I really concern about the quality of the work because it is not a small investment and last for so many years.

In short, I am happy with RK solar for their installation work and the whole procurement process.

Recommendation for RK Solar

I would highly recommend RK Solar. We were happy with the quote and the salesperson was very helpful explaining the various systems quoted, which made our choice easier. Customer service has been great and the installers were very polite and did a great job. I am now tracking the production of the solar panels and they all seem to be working well and lowering our electricity costs! Show additional information

Personalized service

The only company who actually sent their sales person/consultant to my house to give me the quote, not just over the phone.
Installation was done 3-4 weeks after accepting the quote. It’s longer than I expected but then again it’s pre-Christmas so I am not really complaining.
Installation staff worked super hard on a hot day, and they were very polite. They cleaned up really nicely afterwards.

We got there in the end!

The instal date kept changing. We are still awaiting another instal for another site. There have been a lot of delays since we signed up.
The sales process has been great. The guys were punctual and polite when they came. It was a difficult roof design.
I wasn't here for the final handover as they needed to return to finish the job but it all seems to be working.

Awesome installation and service

Installation was provided with a great quality taking care of the roof and being unhurried and in timely manner. Show additional information

Happy Installation with RK Solar

Sales and quotation was factual and very helpful. Stuck to facts, not pressure. Exactly what I like. Installation guys were awesome. I was fussy about inverter placement, went through all the reasons for and against all locations possible, then got it installed exactly as discussed. After the install, sorting out the paperwork took longer than expected, but to be fair the person who arranges this was genuinely sick at the time, and got everything sorted properly as soon as they were on their feet (hence 4/5 stars). I'd recommend RK Solar to my family. Show additional information

Great service from installation team

The sales and quoting was very easy. I obtained 4 quotes RK Solar were the only installer who came to the property worked the layout with me, explained the various system options. After a few misunderstandings about the installation sequence i was very pleased with the team. They were helpful, cooperative, easy to talk to, turned up on time and communicated well. A good experience. Show additional information
The website Enlighten gives us a good summary of production and consumption.When I go to my supplier Energy Australia the usage of solar panels has not yet been automated to reflect in my usage. Not sure if the system is really working although Energy Australia says I will not get a summary of total use until I get my next bill Show additional information

The best supplier

Professional team. Very happy with the whole process. Seamless. Great price. When other suppliers can't deliver, RK Solar can. Show additional information
The Salesperson (Michael) was very informative and also listened to what I wanted. He provided several options that would improve the placement of the panels on the roof.
To date things are proceeding as arranged.
They were great through and through. Always good to be self educated about solar so you ask the right questions. Show additional information
Insultation day cancelled a few times due to weather, but out of our control Show additional information
Responsive and diligent team to interact with. Show additional information
Michael was very friendly and knowledgable and came round to inspect home and check out fusebox. He provided all appropriate information with quote including cost breakdown and supporting information about the various panels and systems.

Once I signed up the RK Solar support team came back with info on forms I needed to complete and where to send them (to get Smart Meter installed).

Installation team was prompt, polite and friendly and cleaned up afterwards. Gave me a short demo on the inverter information system and also shut down. They also did what was necessary to get the inverter installed inside (previously we thought outside installation was only option) - repositioned a powerpoint. The installation of panels was neat and they put a shroud over the isolators to protect them, also the placement of cabling was neat and tidy).

Overall very happy with their work.
I nominated Trina panels (22) and a Fronius inverter after considerable research and consultation with SolarQuotes who were excellent support in making my decision on a 6.6 Kw system. RK Solar was just a tad more expensive than others, but have proven in the 7 months since installation to be a very responsive and professional company to deal with. They have visited twice (at no cost) to check out issues and their 'on roof' team have been courteous and efficient. The installation is on a 1952 built cottage with original terra cotta tiles, so this was not an easy installation. Kunal at Head Office is always responsive and is genuinely interested in my getting the system and efficiency results I wanted. My monthly electricity bills have reduced from around $100+ per month to around $25 per month. Will certainly use RK Solar again. Show additional information
There after sales/ installation service is pathetic Show additional information
Install crew were so polite. Cleaned up after themselves and very efficient. Show additional information