RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews

• Your free on-site measure and quote will ensure the best possible install.
  • Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.
  • You can be assured that all the paperwork will be taken care of so you receive all the government incentives you are entitled to.
  • Talk to us about Brighte Finance - $0 upfront solar.
  • We are Sydney owned and family run.
  • We are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer.
  • We don't use subcontractors. All installers are in-house.
  • Our designers and installer are fully accredited with the cec.
  • We're Enphace Preferred Installers & REC Solar Professionals.
  • All jobs have a 5 Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Over 4,500 installs since 2010

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $9,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews (364)

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Professional Prompt Polite Service

Extremely satisfied with dealing with RK Solar.
From the initial consultation with the designer and estimator, through to the prompt office communication to the friendly and competent installation team and finally to the wifi team.
It was a stress free experience.
I had a large residential system of 72 panels installed over 3 days.
I would highly recommend this company. Their price was quite competitive and the components of good a good standard for price.

Great service and price

Great sales person and full of information
Good installation team
Good after sale service

Good Custom Design For Our Requirements

1. Sales and quotes were very detailed and provided all information required to select the best system for our installation.

2. The installation was completed when scheduled with a team of installers. The CB installed in the fuse box was initially not the correct rating and was tripping under high load. Once this was identified a new higher rated CB was installed and system operation has been excellent since.

3. Initial Wi-fi connection was not working but this was identified by the GK Solar Technician and corrected the following day. Grid connection and monitoring functions were all completed smoothly.

Efficient and great customer service overall

The overall sales process was consultative and very pleasant. Quoting was efficient, fair and they were willing to work around our timelines. The install team was professional, on-time and very thorough. Communication throughout was of the highest standard and wouldn't hesitate in recommending the team at RK Solar. Satisfied with the overall experience so far and the system is performing per our expectations so far. Was a pleasure to deal with the team at RK Solar.

Professional with excellent service and a great experience!

Professional and excellent service.
Great experience in getting an expansion on my solar system. Polite and helpful team, well organised and systematic.

After having a middling experience with a different installer the experience with RK Solar emphasizes the importance of hiring an established organisation for a job that looks and seems straightforward.

Highly recommended and full marks.

Quality installation

After lots of research we are glad we decided to get our solar system installed with RK Solar. Great company to deal with. Kunal personally took time to explain pros and cons of different systems and helped us take the right decision of going with Enphase micro inverters.

Installation team was amazing and did a very professional job. They took time and ensured high quality installation. They even ensured that no pipes or wires are visible. One of the things that swayed us in favour of RK Solar was that they have their own installation team.

The whole process was stress free and the admin kept us informed at every stage. I like quick response to my emails and absolutely loved the quick response times from Hector.

Will highly recommend this company.

So far so good

I have used RK Solar before so know their process. Their quote was informative and gave loads of info. We elected to go for a larger system than they initially quoted and they were happy to adjust their offer and it was done quickly.

So far so good as the install has been done and it was done quickly and efficiently. Not yet hooked up as the energy retailer has not yet installed the smart meter. Very happy that after the March flooding event in Penrith where i live that the roof has not leaked due to the installation. If it was going to leak i guess it would have been this week.

RK need to do some remedial work on the roof which is why the install is only 3 stars but they have committed to doing this when they come back to install the consumption meter. Once done to my satisfaction i would happily increase the rating.

Looking forward to harvesting some rays!!!

Great service from this company.

Personal service. Consultant came to house explained the whole system. I was able to refer to my notes when comparing other quotes. They weren’t the cheapest but seemed to have better quality stuff.
The installation was fairly quick, the installers were polite, tidy, punctual. The electrician spent a lot of time explaining things to me. “Over and above”.

Great service and professionalism

Highly professional.

Sales process was informative. Installation was timely (on scheduled date and time). Despite the difficulty of installation at my property, installation went without a hitch and was done at high quality.

Great customer customer service, all requests to the energy retailer were performed which gave peace of mind.

Good and quick installation

The sales person for RK was very thorough in explaining the system. Installation was quick as well. They are very easy to talk to and quick to respond. Happy with my purchase!

A very bad post customer service.

The entire process has nothing but a very bad experience to me.
The issues range from:
- Promising dates for install and no one coming on that day to install. We have to take off from work to be at home for install to happen, however when no one comes the day of install its quite frustrating. This happened not just once.
- Damages during install, which when reported never replied or acknowledged.
- Damage to the sky tube, which turned into a leak into my roof.

For people looking for better solar install company please look elsewhere.

Mihir.

A difficult job, but RK solar prevailed

My job was difficult and RK provided a good PV solution

I have significant shading on my property from Eucalypt trees on both the North West and the East. North Sydney Council will not allow them to be cut down, despite the environmental benefits of solar and the fire risk , as I am in a designated 'red' RFS high risk bush fire zone too. So not too considerate of rate payer needs!

I have a 2 / 3 story hillside house, hard to access, with clay roof tiles. Other suppliers prefer single story, easy access, colour bond steel roof without shading and either did not quote, made excuses for high prices, demanded the tree was cut down (see above answer) or tried to push their favoured Chinese products. RK solar listened, thought and provided a practical, cost effective solution for the shading with SMA (Germany) 5kwh inverter, 17xREC panels with Tigo shade optimisers, matched to my 3 phase power supply.

The installation took 2 attempts; the first team were not happy with the height, some light morning rain and a steep roof incline, but the 2nd team prevailed and were courteous, safe, tidy and efficient.
Likewise the grid connection and liaison with my electrical supplier AGL was easy.

Overall, I am very happy with RK solar, but my VFM, due to the shading costs cannot be rated as 5 stars - but this is a function of my property's issues.

I am very happy to endorse RK solar.

Good solar installer

Overall, i am happy with the service and products. However, a bit disappointed with delaying in installation date without notice. I have to call a couple of time to confirm.

Excellent service by RK Solar

RK solar's team was prompt with a quick quote and installed my solar within few weeks. The coordination was excellent from head office and the ceo of the company Mr. Kapoor called us personally to check if work was done as per our expectations. I highly recommend RK solar to anyone looking at quality solar installations with good price. The installation team is directly employed by RK solar which means in case of issues in future you have full support from them.

RK Solar review for Solar installation

The guys turned up on site at the agreed time and date. Completed the job well on time. They followed the safety standards. Guys had tool box talks and planned the installation very well.
The installation was perfect and overall quality was quite good.
The lead electrcian explained the system after commissioning and helped with the app and provided brief training.
I will recommend R K solar very much to everyone if they are after a flawless process from design to commission and a good customer support.

Great service and value for money. Extremely happy.

From quotation to installation, it was a fantastic experience with R K Solar. After consulting, we were offered top notch panels and inverter at a great price. Turn around was fairly quick. The installation team was helpful and courteous, and did a thorough job with the installation. R K Solar helped us all the way including the final step of organising the grid connection. Will highly recommend them to anyone including friends and family.

Professional service and high quality products

The service was great...very responsive and cleared all my doubts in minutes. High quality products installed at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

good & clean installation, nice people & installation in not even a full day.

Nitesh is well verse & quoting process is good. Nitesh came over same day to check the installation, making sure it run smoothly.

good & clean installation, nice people & installation in not even a full day.

Yes, they help organise the grid connection.

Great Company and the best Installer

There were 3 Solar Reps visited to my house as a reply from SolarQuotes. I chose RK because they offered a bigger system than the others, they also have the wider range of Solar equipment suppliers.
I chose Trina panel because its not that expensive but offered reasonable warranty similar to the top brands, and it is also efficient. It was partner with SMA Inverter and Clenergy Racking.

The installation was meticulously supervised by an Electrical Engineer. Everything was done in one working day including grid connection and online monitoring application.
I was lucky to have an expert installer that knows everything about solar energy system.
In the next day I yielded 62kw of clean energy from my 10 kw solar system.
RK costumer service is top notch, they answer all my questions.

I definitely recommend RK Solar Installer, which was recommended to me by SolarQuotes.

Customer Focused - Sales, Administration & Installation

Face-face meeting with sales person, explained everything I needed to know, answered questions. Provided quote on the spot & followed up without being pushy. Excellent sales style. Administration also very responsive.

Installation perfect, installers (panel & inverter) were very polite, tidy and explained everything they had done.
The whole installation was trouble free, the work done first class and the tradesmen most co-operative and helpful. I have recommended them to several other of my friends who have had similar experiences.

Very professional installation, all systems properly setup and all working well!

Sales person was competent and patient, exploring pros and cons for different types of solar panels.
The actual installation was spot on, people have arrived early, well prepared, and the complete solution (solar panels and inverter) were installed in four hours.
Customer service was always helpful, looked very well after the connection to grid and the web monitoring solution.

Upgrade to optimum size

The sales process provided detail information and explained in detail the cost benefits of the upgrade and the financial payback to justify why I should go ahead.

The installation was quick with no issues and everything worked. The installers were friendly and polite.

The upgrade worked seamlessly with the existing equipment.

Excellent install and support

KR was the only company to come and meet us.
Also they actually listened to what we wanted.
I asked a lot of questions and there answers were very clear and easy to understand.

Install team were clan and tidy and respected our property.

Professional, punctual & reliable

Presales process was very professional and detailed. All possible choices were explained thoroughly and there was no undue push to agree.
Installation was done prior to agreed date and I was called to confirm the date and time. Installation guys were on time, did a neat job, on-time and explained everything before leaving.
RK Solar organized everything with my energy provider for meter change and grid connection and system has been working flawlessly so far (its been 6 weeks.)
I would highly recommend RK solar for anyone interested in getting Solar.

Five Star

Excellent service from start to finish. The professionalism made the whole process very easy.
Highly recommended.

Fantastic service, fast and responsive, exactly what I needed

I needed a company to remove my old system, plan a new system through our renovation and provide a large and cost-effective system for us. RK Solar came out the same day, provided a flexible and configurable quote as well as excellent advice. They removed the old system and will install the new one once the builders are ready.

Original Review on 20-05-2020:

Communication problems , Satisfactory outcome

All Solar quotes were basically the same. Choosing one was mainly based on longevity and customer base. Problems with communication occurred during the initial and installation process. E mails were ignored and I was contacted at 5pm on a Tuesday night that the Panels would be installed at 6.30am the next day. I rejected this late notice but the installers turned up anyway. The installation was organised for a later date and was very efficiently carried out. The system is now operating well, and hopefully will be for many years to come. I appreciate that all this occurred during the Covid-19 crisis and this may have contributed to some of the problems. I think that Solar companies need to appreciate that new customers know little about how the business operates and need quick answers to any ongoing concerns. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Paul Helen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

My system is generating between 700 and 950 KwH per month since installation, significantly reducing my electricity bill

RK Solar - Highly Professional

Sales quote was impressive. Salesperson showed me pictures of my roof across the seasons showing the extent of shading and designed my system size, configuration and placement accordingly.

All aspects were on time as advised ans the team who installed were highly professional.cleaned up afterwards.
After sales service was really good immediately resolved a tripping issue due to high voltage coming in from the street

Overall 11/10

It's a long process

RK Solar was the only company to send out a sales person.

Their installers were very good working late to get things completed.

Had to chase them up for initial installation date, to come back and finish the install and the grid connection.

Final installation - 31 Trina panels with micro inverters and powerwall 2 battery

Although I conducted lots of research - mainly on the SolarQuotes sites I still got caught out over some things and maybe they should have been explained by the company prior to installation. Things that they should have informed me or maybe I should have made myself aware of (traps for the uneducated):

1. The satellite images that are used to plan the install aren't accurate. We planned for 33 panels on 2 roof spaces and ended up with 31 panels on 3 roof spaces.

2. Finding out that the battery can only be charged by a subset of the panels due to battery limits. (makes sense but I didn't find out till after installation)

3. In line with 2 above only the panels connected to the battery will be operational during a blackout. (19 of the 31)

4. Our air con user 3 phases and cannot be supplied by the battery so no air con during blackouts.

5. Our oven amp rating is higher than what the battery can supply so no oven during blackouts.

Original Review on 23-03-2020:

Prompt service very helpful

RK Solar were quick to respond to my inquiry and organize a visit to discuss the options. Very nice staff and have kept me updated on installation progress. Original ratings

9 months later we asked Peter: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes has been working well. Saving us money on our electricity bill.

Excellent customer service & very happy with the system

Kunal took his time understanding my needs and concerns as I have limited roof space to installed solar panels. After going through pros and cons for a few solar panel brands & inverters, I have decided to go with Longi 370W panel + Enphase microinverters. Very happy with the system and the entire process from customer service to installation (including all paperworks and organisation of grid connection). Have since referred Kunal to two of my friends who ended up with RK Solar. Both shared the positive experience from Kunal and Team.

Original Review on 27-03-2020:

Good installation and installer

R K Solar were professional and provided options for various combinations of inverters and panels as did the other two companies.
It took a while for me to make a decision as I was constantly referring back to the Solar Quotes website for reviews and information on the various components of the system.
I was informed that the installation would begin early in April but that was subsequently brought forward to March. The installation itself went relatively smoothly.
Whirlybird needed to be relocated due to the fact that I required separation between the bottom of the lowest row of panels and the roof edge. Installation began late afternoon and was completed as the light began to fade around 6.30 pm approximately. Electrician came in much later than the installation team and his work extended to the next morning as the grid connection required daylight. Long story short a full day is required for a complete installation.
While it is not a reflection on the electrician, there is quite a lot of noisy drilling that is required on the electrical side of things and will impact on being able to be inside that particular room. In my case it was the lounge room.
Customer service has been quite good and I have been kept informed during the whole process. As I already have a smart meter, I am now waiting for remote re-configuration of the meter so that solar production can be accounted for by the retailer. R K organised for the paper work to be able to get to this point.
The system has been running for about two days which have gone between cloudy, rainy and sunny....!!
System production for 26 March was 11.12 kWh of which 41% was self consumed and 59% exported.
Consumption was 15.04 kWh of which 30% was self consumed and 70% imported. Still early days.
Note: Panels are Hanwa Q-cells 330W DUO G5. Included a SolarEdge bus to monitor individual panels and self consumption.

8 months later we asked Maxi: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system has performed to expectations. The only downside if any is that my panels can generate close to 6.6kW on a sunny day but my inverter can only handle 5kW which I knew that from the start.

generating lots of power

My installation occurred during the early stages of the Corona virus, so communication was a little difficult. After some initial communication misunderstandings about what I required, the installation was successfully completed in one day. However the next day it rained and a leak occurred caused by a cracked roof tile. This was rectified the next day by the installers. I initially had some wi-fi problems with the Enphase inverters and found it tricky to reinstall the software communication by myself.(someone coming to my home to help would incur a fee). My experience since then has exceeded my expectations. The system is generating around 800 Kw per month, much more than I can use. So far, no problems.

Very professional.

RK answered all my questions and explained the system in easy to understand language. Best decision. Really happy with the RK engineer discussing the options, we settled on the best design for us. I wanted to understand the different types of systems and cut thru the conflicting opinions on the internet. The RK guy was patient and sat down with my wife and I to go thru the various options. We chose a 6.6 kW Enphase with QI7 microinverter system with 18 x Trina HoneyM 370 Watt panels. Very happy and can see the system working every day vis the Enlighten app.

A very good experience from RK Solar

My system has been running perfectly for 18 months now and am posting a review now so I can comment on both the install and after sales service. Install went well. Nothing damaged, turned up on time and happy to spend time answering any questions I had. Recently I have contacted them twice about a error on my Enphase Envoy system monitoring device which turned out both ties to be nothing. Promptly responded to any concerns that I had. I never lost any generation since the system was installed.

Great Installation. Good customer service.

Sales process was good friendly and provided good information. Came on time. Polite and not pushie. Gives you extra options to think about and explains how they come to the option.
The installers were on time.
Friendly and good with cleaning up after.
They did provide the paperwork and sent the paperwork to the provider and CC me in. They also explained the process to me.
The other thing is they will answer your questions and they monitor your invertor as well and have answered queries i have had post install.

Very good customer service.

The company has very good customer service and responded to all issues even months after installation. such as connection to new wifi etc

Fantastic Quality, Price and Install

The service received from the Installer was excellent and the Installer followed up on each part of the install, before and after.
The Installation date was held and was changed by one day as the weather was not conducive on the chosen date. Excellent install and all the work was done neatly and finished in less than a day. Old system had to be taken down and discposed which was done professionally as well.
Satisfied with the purchase.

Professional and friendly installer

The installer is professional and friendly, happy to discuss your concern and questions before starting final installation.

Excellent service throughout

I am extremely happy with the whole process. I got 3 quotes - RK Solar were the only company to actually come to the house and look at the situation. The consultant was excellent - he was prepared to work with me to give me the best system at a price I could afford. I had a budget that I was not prepared to exceed - the original quote was above that but working together we were able to get to a great solution.
The company kept in contact with me after the contract was signed updating me as to the progress of the order and then worked with me to get the system installed in the shortest possible time frame.
On the day of installation the workers arrived on time and on a very nasty hot and windy day had the system installed on the roof efficiently and quickly under trying conditions. They were extremely tidy clearing up after the work was done.

After installation they took me through the details I needed to know carefully and thoroughly and then the next day made sure I was able to log in and monitor my system.

The customer service has been excellent - I already had a small solar system on the roof so had a smart meter installed that they only had to connect to on the day so by mid afternoon my system was up and running and feeding power to the house and the grid.

System install went as planned & a very neat & tidy install

We already had 2x5Kw solar arrays & a battery install, this particular job was to add a Sonnen backup system & add an additional 4Kw (2 x 2Kw modules) to our Sonnen Battery.
RK Solar’s Installation was well planned & installation of the three phase Backup Box went smoothly, only issue was one of the Sonnen 2Kw battery Modules was faulty. RK solar chased Sonnen on the warranty replacement and the 2nd Battery was fitted a week later.
The system hasn’t skipped a beat and as I write our Power just went off for about 10 minutes & everything worked as planned, we had 10 minutes of backup power & then the system reverted back to the old poles & wires when the main power returned ????
Love the system & I would recommend RK Solar as their pre sales, installation & after sales Service are fantastic !
Happy client !

Good Quality Installation

Solar Install From Start to Finish

Sales person was Informative and thorough answering all the questions I asked. Unlike some of the other companies I received quotes from the company followed me up regularly and although wasn't the cheapest price from the quotes I received felt confident they would do the best install. Being an electrician myself was very specific of how I wanted the installation completed.

After placing my deposit the sales person advised would be approx 4 weeks before installation. Did not really have any correspondence between this period until literally the day before they advised an installer would be coming the following day. The sales person originally advised someone would come for a site inspection however this do not happen. Would have preferred a little more notice but did not want to delay the installation any further.

Installation was outsourced to a Sub Contractor and a team of 4 turned up for the installation about 8:30am (When they advised they would). All members were polite and installation although more difficult was done in a way that I wished. Installation was not rushed and was impressed with the extra care they took during install to ensure was neat and tidy. A couple of tiles were broken on install but instead of trying to cover it up advised me so could provide replacements which was good. Would highly recommend the sub contractors that performed the install. They still need to come back when the meter is changed to complete the installation and run me through how it all operates.

Excellent company for a complex strata job

I'm very happy with this company and our solar package. Our installation was tricky: panels facing three directions, the roof has two tiers. RK Solar sent their own in-house installer to inspect and consult and we made sure the system was well designed and priced for our needs.

Great Overall Experience

Came out to do a quote, and were happy to provide prices for multiple different options that we were interested in, and made suggestions in a way that was genuinely helpful rather than seeming to just be an up-sell to a more expensive option. Were happy to make changes to the quote after we'd had a think about it and leaned more about the options.

Installers turned up on time on the day organised, but had to leave due to the weather. Came back again on time on the rescheduled day. Replaced a few tiles that inevitably broke on the day - they are ancient tiles so no surprise. To my amatuer eye looks like a professional job - no crappy wiring runs, all penetrations well sealed etc. Let the job site clean.

When we found a not obvious broken tile a few weeks later, they were more than happy to come out an fix the problem, and again turned up on schedule.

Were happy to help adjust the online monitoring platform to correct a minor typo!

System is working as advertised, so can't complain there :-)

Professional and ethical

The quotation process was excellent and efficient. I was explained in detail the various options I could choose from and the advantages of the systems and advice on the system that would fit my budget .
The installer was very professional as well. They left the place neat and tidy after installation.
Since I had an existing system which was already connected to the grid, I did not require this service.

Over all I am very satisfied with the service

Good company to deal with.

The quoting process was professional and detailed. I was given good information about the products I was purchasing.
The installation went well with most of the installation being completed on the day, however an incorrect part was ordered for my meter box, so the correct part needed to be ordered and installed on a different day. The electrician was very professional, and the work was very neat and tidy.
I didn’t like the fact that a 2% credit card fee is charge for the use of Visa/MC. Most other businesses usually charge between 1-1.5%.
Overall I am very pleased with the work done.

Great customer support.

Right from the first contact RK Solar were easy to deal with. The knowledge of the sales rep was good and he was able to provide me with a range of system options at varying price points. All with no pressure to buy.
The system installation was reasonably straight forward however it did involve some unforeseen additional electrical work and subsequent expense.
The system has been running for 4 months now and so far has worked as expected.
RK Solar have also followed up to make sure the system is working as it should and I am happy with the product.
I would absolutely recommend RK Solar to anyone considering a Solar System install.

Should have got solar earlier

Probably should have got solar a lot earlier.
RK solar were a professional company and sent one of the team to look at the house particularly the roof before providing any quotation. I believe this is essential. Patricio also took time to explain the different options with regard to brands of panels, and both types and brands of inverters. In follow-up he provided additional quotes for comparison as I was considering a number of options. Unfortunately due to COVID19 I think it took longer for the installation to be booked in, and also for the utilities company to switch the meter over (all unavoidable).
The handover and instructions about how to use could have been a little better - I thought I was getting a strange reading from my app due to the lack of meter - but actually the system wasn't switched on properly. Sorted via a phone call.
All-in-all a relatively easy experience.

Good service

Good service. The quoting process was informative and the company helpful throughout. The install went smoothly and RK solar organised the grid connection process for me.

The system regularly produces between 17 and 22 kwh on a sunny day which is not bad for winter and should significantly reduce my electrical bill.