RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews

About RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 98 147 195 015  ABN active since 04 Nov 2010 | R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd
ACN: 147 195 015  ACN active since 04 Nov 2010 | R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's License:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
NSW: 233309C R K Solar & Consulting Services Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,900 - $9,900 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

• Your free on-site measure and quote will ensure the best possible install.
  • Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.
  • You can be assured that all the paperwork will be taken care of so you receive all the government incentives you are entitled to.
  • Talk to us about Brighte Finance - $0 upfront solar.
  • We are Sydney owned and family run.
  • We are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer.
  • We don't use subcontractors. All installers are in-house.
  • Our designers and installer are fully accredited with the cec.
  • We're Enphace Preferred Installers & REC Solar Professionals.
  • All jobs have a 5 Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Over 4,500 installs since 2010

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Very professional installation, all systems properly setup and all working well!

Sales person was competent and patient, exploring pros and cons for different types of solar panels.
The actual installation was spot on, people have arrived early, well prepared, and the complete solution (solar panels and inverter) were installed in four hours.
Customer service was always helpful, looked very well after the connection to grid and the web monitoring solution.

Upgrade to optimum size

The sales process provided detail information and explained in detail the cost benefits of the upgrade and the financial payback to justify why I should go ahead.

The installation was quick with no issues and everything worked. The installers were friendly and polite.

The upgrade worked seamlessly with the existing equipment.

Excellent install and support

KR was the only company to come and meet us.
Also they actually listened to what we wanted.
I asked a lot of questions and there answers were very clear and easy to understand.

Install team were clan and tidy and respected our property.

Professional, punctual & reliable

Presales process was very professional and detailed. All possible choices were explained thoroughly and there was no undue push to agree.
Installation was done prior to agreed date and I was called to confirm the date and time. Installation guys were on time, did a neat job, on-time and explained everything before leaving.
RK Solar organized everything with my energy provider for meter change and grid connection and system has been working flawlessly so far (its been 6 weeks.)
I would highly recommend RK solar for anyone interested in getting Solar.

Five Star

Excellent service from start to finish. The professionalism made the whole process very easy.
Highly recommended.

Fantastic service, fast and responsive, exactly what I needed

I needed a company to remove my old system, plan a new system through our renovation and provide a large and cost-effective system for us. RK Solar came out the same day, provided a flexible and configurable quote as well as excellent advice. They removed the old system and will install the new one once the builders are ready. Show additional information

Communication problems , Satisfactory outcome

All Solar quotes were basically the same. Choosing one was mainly based on longevity and customer base. Problems with communication occurred during the initial and installation process. E mails were ignored and I was contacted at 5pm on a Tuesday night that the Panels would be installed at 6.30am the next day. I rejected this late notice but the installers turned up anyway. The installation was organised for a later date and was very efficiently carried out. The system is now operating well, and hopefully will be for many years to come. I appreciate that all this occurred during the Covid-19 crisis and this may have contributed to some of the problems. I think that Solar companies need to appreciate that new customers know little about how the business operates and need quick answers to any ongoing concerns. Show additional information

RK Solar - Highly Professional

Sales quote was impressive. Salesperson showed me pictures of my roof across the seasons showing the extent of shading and designed my system size, configuration and placement accordingly.

All aspects were on time as advised ans the team who installed were highly professional.cleaned up afterwards.
After sales service was really good immediately resolved a tripping issue due to high voltage coming in from the street

Overall 11/10

It's a long process

RK Solar was the only company to send out a sales person.

Their installers were very good working late to get things completed.

Had to chase them up for initial installation date, to come back and finish the install and the grid connection.

Final installation - 31 Trina panels with micro inverters and powerwall 2 battery

Although I conducted lots of research - mainly on the SolarQuotes sites I still got caught out over some things and maybe they should have been explained by the company prior to installation. Things that they should have informed me or maybe I should have made myself aware of (traps for the uneducated):

1. The satellite images that are used to plan the install aren't accurate. We planned for 33 panels on 2 roof spaces and ended up with 31 panels on 3 roof spaces.

2. Finding out that the battery can only be charged by a subset of the panels due to battery limits. (makes sense but I didn't find out till after installation)

3. In line with 2 above only the panels connected to the battery will be operational during a blackout. (19 of the 31)

4. Our air con user 3 phases and cannot be supplied by the battery so no air con during blackouts.

5. Our oven amp rating is higher than what the battery can supply so no oven during blackouts.

Prompt service very helpful

RK Solar were quick to respond to my inquiry and organize a visit to discuss the options. Very nice staff and have kept me updated on installation progress. Show additional information

Excellent customer service & very happy with the system

Kunal took his time understanding my needs and concerns as I have limited roof space to installed solar panels. After going through pros and cons for a few solar panel brands & inverters, I have decided to go with Longi 370W panel + Enphase microinverters. Very happy with the system and the entire process from customer service to installation (including all paperworks and organisation of grid connection). Have since referred Kunal to two of my friends who ended up with RK Solar. Both shared the positive experience from Kunal and Team. Show additional information

Good installation and installer

R K Solar were professional and provided options for various combinations of inverters and panels as did the other two companies.
It took a while for me to make a decision as I was constantly referring back to the Solar Quotes website for reviews and information on the various components of the system.
I was informed that the installation would begin early in April but that was subsequently brought forward to March. The installation itself went relatively smoothly.
Whirlybird needed to be relocated due to the fact that I required separation between the bottom of the lowest row of panels and the roof edge. Installation began late afternoon and was completed as the light began to fade around 6.30 pm approximately. Electrician came in much later than the installation team and his work extended to the next morning as the grid connection required daylight. Long story short a full day is required for a complete installation.
While it is not a reflection on the electrician, there is quite a lot of noisy drilling that is required on the electrical side of things and will impact on being able to be inside that particular room. In my case it was the lounge room.
Customer service has been quite good and I have been kept informed during the whole process. As I already have a smart meter, I am now waiting for remote re-configuration of the meter so that solar production can be accounted for by the retailer. R K organised for the paper work to be able to get to this point.
The system has been running for about two days which have gone between cloudy, rainy and sunny....!!
System production for 26 March was 11.12 kWh of which 41% was self consumed and 59% exported.
Consumption was 15.04 kWh of which 30% was self consumed and 70% imported. Still early days.
Note: Panels are Hanwa Q-cells 330W DUO G5. Included a SolarEdge bus to monitor individual panels and self consumption.

generating lots of power

My installation occurred during the early stages of the Corona virus, so communication was a little difficult. After some initial communication misunderstandings about what I required, the installation was successfully completed in one day. However the next day it rained and a leak occurred caused by a cracked roof tile. This was rectified the next day by the installers. I initially had some wi-fi problems with the Enphase inverters and found it tricky to reinstall the software communication by myself.(someone coming to my home to help would incur a fee). My experience since then has exceeded my expectations. The system is generating around 800 Kw per month, much more than I can use. So far, no problems. Show additional information

Very professional.

RK answered all my questions and explained the system in easy to understand language. Best decision. Really happy with the RK engineer discussing the options, we settled on the best design for us. I wanted to understand the different types of systems and cut thru the conflicting opinions on the internet. The RK guy was patient and sat down with my wife and I to go thru the various options. We chose a 6.6 kW Enphase with QI7 microinverter system with 18 x Trina HoneyM 370 Watt panels. Very happy and can see the system working every day vis the Enlighten app. Show additional information

A very good experience from RK Solar

My system has been running perfectly for 18 months now and am posting a review now so I can comment on both the install and after sales service. Install went well. Nothing damaged, turned up on time and happy to spend time answering any questions I had. Recently I have contacted them twice about a error on my Enphase Envoy system monitoring device which turned out both ties to be nothing. Promptly responded to any concerns that I had. I never lost any generation since the system was installed. Show additional information

Great Installation. Good customer service.

Sales process was good friendly and provided good information. Came on time. Polite and not pushie. Gives you extra options to think about and explains how they come to the option.
The installers were on time.
Friendly and good with cleaning up after.
They did provide the paperwork and sent the paperwork to the provider and CC me in. They also explained the process to me.
The other thing is they will answer your questions and they monitor your invertor as well and have answered queries i have had post install.

Very good customer service.

The company has very good customer service and responded to all issues even months after installation. such as connection to new wifi etc Show additional information

Fantastic Quality, Price and Install

The service received from the Installer was excellent and the Installer followed up on each part of the install, before and after.
The Installation date was held and was changed by one day as the weather was not conducive on the chosen date. Excellent install and all the work was done neatly and finished in less than a day. Old system had to be taken down and discposed which was done professionally as well.
Satisfied with the purchase.

Professional and friendly installer

The installer is professional and friendly, happy to discuss your concern and questions before starting final installation. Show additional information

Excellent service throughout

I am extremely happy with the whole process. I got 3 quotes - RK Solar were the only company to actually come to the house and look at the situation. The consultant was excellent - he was prepared to work with me to give me the best system at a price I could afford. I had a budget that I was not prepared to exceed - the original quote was above that but working together we were able to get to a great solution.
The company kept in contact with me after the contract was signed updating me as to the progress of the order and then worked with me to get the system installed in the shortest possible time frame.
On the day of installation the workers arrived on time and on a very nasty hot and windy day had the system installed on the roof efficiently and quickly under trying conditions. They were extremely tidy clearing up after the work was done.

After installation they took me through the details I needed to know carefully and thoroughly and then the next day made sure I was able to log in and monitor my system.

The customer service has been excellent - I already had a small solar system on the roof so had a smart meter installed that they only had to connect to on the day so by mid afternoon my system was up and running and feeding power to the house and the grid.

System install went as planned & a very neat & tidy install

We already had 2x5Kw solar arrays & a battery install, this particular job was to add a Sonnen backup system & add an additional 4Kw (2 x 2Kw modules) to our Sonnen Battery.
RK Solar’s Installation was well planned & installation of the three phase Backup Box went smoothly, only issue was one of the Sonnen 2Kw battery Modules was faulty. RK solar chased Sonnen on the warranty replacement and the 2nd Battery was fitted a week later.
The system hasn’t skipped a beat and as I write our Power just went off for about 10 minutes & everything worked as planned, we had 10 minutes of backup power & then the system reverted back to the old poles & wires when the main power returned ????
Love the system & I would recommend RK Solar as their pre sales, installation & after sales Service are fantastic !
Happy client !

Good Quality Installation

Solar Install From Start to Finish

Sales person was Informative and thorough answering all the questions I asked. Unlike some of the other companies I received quotes from the company followed me up regularly and although wasn't the cheapest price from the quotes I received felt confident they would do the best install. Being an electrician myself was very specific of how I wanted the installation completed.

After placing my deposit the sales person advised would be approx 4 weeks before installation. Did not really have any correspondence between this period until literally the day before they advised an installer would be coming the following day. The sales person originally advised someone would come for a site inspection however this do not happen. Would have preferred a little more notice but did not want to delay the installation any further.

Installation was outsourced to a Sub Contractor and a team of 4 turned up for the installation about 8:30am (When they advised they would). All members were polite and installation although more difficult was done in a way that I wished. Installation was not rushed and was impressed with the extra care they took during install to ensure was neat and tidy. A couple of tiles were broken on install but instead of trying to cover it up advised me so could provide replacements which was good. Would highly recommend the sub contractors that performed the install. They still need to come back when the meter is changed to complete the installation and run me through how it all operates.

Excellent company for a complex strata job

I'm very happy with this company and our solar package. Our installation was tricky: panels facing three directions, the roof has two tiers. RK Solar sent their own in-house installer to inspect and consult and we made sure the system was well designed and priced for our needs. Show additional information

Great Overall Experience

Came out to do a quote, and were happy to provide prices for multiple different options that we were interested in, and made suggestions in a way that was genuinely helpful rather than seeming to just be an up-sell to a more expensive option. Were happy to make changes to the quote after we'd had a think about it and leaned more about the options.

Installers turned up on time on the day organised, but had to leave due to the weather. Came back again on time on the rescheduled day. Replaced a few tiles that inevitably broke on the day - they are ancient tiles so no surprise. To my amatuer eye looks like a professional job - no crappy wiring runs, all penetrations well sealed etc. Let the job site clean.

When we found a not obvious broken tile a few weeks later, they were more than happy to come out an fix the problem, and again turned up on schedule.

Were happy to help adjust the online monitoring platform to correct a minor typo!

System is working as advertised, so can't complain there :-)

Professional and ethical

The quotation process was excellent and efficient. I was explained in detail the various options I could choose from and the advantages of the systems and advice on the system that would fit my budget .
The installer was very professional as well. They left the place neat and tidy after installation.
Since I had an existing system which was already connected to the grid, I did not require this service.

Over all I am very satisfied with the service

Good company to deal with.

The quoting process was professional and detailed. I was given good information about the products I was purchasing.
The installation went well with most of the installation being completed on the day, however an incorrect part was ordered for my meter box, so the correct part needed to be ordered and installed on a different day. The electrician was very professional, and the work was very neat and tidy.
I didn’t like the fact that a 2% credit card fee is charge for the use of Visa/MC. Most other businesses usually charge between 1-1.5%.
Overall I am very pleased with the work done.

Great customer support.

Right from the first contact RK Solar were easy to deal with. The knowledge of the sales rep was good and he was able to provide me with a range of system options at varying price points. All with no pressure to buy.
The system installation was reasonably straight forward however it did involve some unforeseen additional electrical work and subsequent expense.
The system has been running for 4 months now and so far has worked as expected.
RK Solar have also followed up to make sure the system is working as it should and I am happy with the product.
I would absolutely recommend RK Solar to anyone considering a Solar System install.

Should have got solar earlier

Probably should have got solar a lot earlier.
RK solar were a professional company and sent one of the team to look at the house particularly the roof before providing any quotation. I believe this is essential. Patricio also took time to explain the different options with regard to brands of panels, and both types and brands of inverters. In follow-up he provided additional quotes for comparison as I was considering a number of options. Unfortunately due to COVID19 I think it took longer for the installation to be booked in, and also for the utilities company to switch the meter over (all unavoidable).
The handover and instructions about how to use could have been a little better - I thought I was getting a strange reading from my app due to the lack of meter - but actually the system wasn't switched on properly. Sorted via a phone call.
All-in-all a relatively easy experience.

Good service

Good service. The quoting process was informative and the company helpful throughout. The install went smoothly and RK solar organised the grid connection process for me.

The system regularly produces between 17 and 22 kwh on a sunny day which is not bad for winter and should significantly reduce my electrical bill.

Installation went OK but there was a language problem. Person in charge discussed varying panel location and a compromise was reached. Had to pay extra to move whurley birds.

Explanation of system was excellent and happy to requote on other options when asked.
The installation was subcontracted out which I was not aware of at the time of signing.
Grid connection occurred seamlessly.

Professional Installation

The initial sales and quoting process was informative. The sales person understood my requirements and tailored the best system to fit my budget and needs.

The installation was fast and efficient. Communication between myself and the installers was clear and productive.

The customer service was very good. They handled all the relevant paperwork to help with a relatively seamless installation. There was a slight delay in getting the grid connection established.

The system is performing to it's specifications. I am very please with the savings generated and look forward calculating my true investment payback after additional performance history is gathered.

RK Solar battery and panels installation

We got RK Solar to install some solar panels a few years ago. Recently we wanted to upgrade so we contacted them again. They increased the number of panels and also installed a 10Kwh Sonnen battery. In both cases the installation was done efficiently and we have not had any problems. Show additional information

Very happy

Quoting process excellent.
Installation went well, took about four hours. Very professional, cleaned up, very friendly and on time.
Customer service very good and they did help with the grid connection. New meter to be installed Tuesday 11/8/20.

RK Solar has been Great So far. Expecting a similar After Sales Support. Highly Recommend.

Ever since I started looking for a Solar System, I had spoken to more than 15 providers and finally dropped the Plan as I did not know what (brands) to Choose and Who I can Trust. Thanks to Solar quotes I narrowed my search to few brands and providers.

What I liked most in RK Solar was their Quotation. It was crystal clear on what they are offering with complete tech specs, Warranty etc (you will find all the information to make a decision). Since their pricing was on a higher side I chose to go with a different provider who made a verbal offer and some promises. But When I asked to put those promises in writing that provider backed out and claimed that he never said that. So I decided to go with someone who is honest upfront even if they are expensive. There is a saying, "Nice thing costs money". So I went with RK Solar.

RK Solar initially promised me that it would take about 5-6 weeks for the installation. I requested them if they could reduce the lead time as I was paying a hefty amount to my power company. (Our heater runs most of the day). And to my surprise they called me on the 9th day asking if they can do the installation the following day. So on the 10th business day installation as over. They in fact filled the online application form on my behalf and requested METER Reconfiguration from my electricity provider. Within 4 working days meter was reconfigured.

Installation was good, they were really quick and completed, cleaned the area in about 4.5 hrs. Although there are rooms for improvement when it comes to safety of Installation Technicians. PS: P.S: Will update about their Installation Quality & AFTER SALES SUPPORT in a few years time.

My overall experience with RK Solar has been extraordinary (so far) and I strongly recommend them.

Adding extra panels to existing system

After a delay of some weeks in returning my initial phone enquiry, the process of dealing with R.K.Solar went smoothly, pleasantly and efficiently.

Their quoted price seemed fair and the job was done promptly and politely.

There was some fiddling around to get the metering and reports on the Enphase website to work properly, but the problem was soon rectified.

Since this is a winter period, the savings on our normal electricity use is hard to judge. I estimate about a $200 saving over the quarter. At that rate it will take about 10 years for the system to recoup the installation cost. Maybe we will do better than this over the summer months.

Good System. Addedd batteries.

They had some trouble getting the wiring sorted out so the system reported properly. The issues came from the fact that another company installed the panels and system, and they installed the battery sustem. Show additional information

Fantastic Installer

After considerable research and consultation with SolarQuotes and being contacted 3 Local installers. The first two companies informed us that our roof tiles were not suitable for solar. RK solar salesman came to our house in the evening and could not see the tiles, he still sat down, and explained the process to us and how the system works. On the day of installation RK solar came to site with several different bracketing solutions but unfortunately none of them were suitable. RK solar showed us the issues they were having with the tiles, they went away and engineered a new bracket. Before installing, RK solar demonstrated how the brackets would work and their professionalism was very reassuring that we had made the right choice. From start to finish, this company provided excellent service, very responsive and professional to deal with.
We nominated LG Neon2 panels (26) and Enphase IQ7 Micro inverters which equals a 9.1Kw system.
Our electrical bills would average $850 for the February/April quarter. For the same period since the systems installation our bill was $146 a saving of $704. I am incredibly happy with my investment and RK solar customer support, advice and their continuing after sales support.
Regards, Hamish.

New solar install

Received 3 quotes with the assistance of Solar Quotes and decided to go with RK Solar of Castle Hill due to their professional approach and patience with my many questions regarding panels & inverters.

The installation was delayed due to lots of rain days in February however eventually the installation day arrived and the installers were punctual & happy to discuss the process of installation during the day. They worked together very well and completed the job by late afternoon leaving the site tidy.

The customer service from their office was very efficient & we were able to have all the paperwork processed with the net meter installed within 2 weeks.

I have since received all the warranty & registration paperwork for the installation as well as a follow up call to check on my satisfaction of the work.

We would certainly recommend RK Solar.

Happy Campers.

Sales and quoting process prompt ,professional,courteous and informative.
Installation bang on time,fast,tidy and a nice crew of blokes.
Grid connection was organised.
We needed help to connect to wifi monitoring..this will be forthcoming as soon as a rep. can pay us a visit.This is down to our lack of tech-savvy,not a fault of RK Solar.
We are comfortable with our choice,and would recommend .

Got the job done quickly!

All the companies that quoted me via the Solar Quotes site were very helpful. The main reason I am choose RK Solar & consulting Service is due to the site inspection, explanation on how things work and what is best fit for me. Show additional information

Upgrade and battery installation

I have used RK Solar twice to add additional solar panels and the modular Enphase Battery system. I found the company competitive on price and they kept me informed. The mutually agreeable times for installation were made and the team was always punctual. All packaging and debris was cleaned up and removed. Show additional information

Very Professional

We utilised the services of RK Solar to install our system which comprised 20 x 330w Trina Mono Split Cell Panels with 20 x Enphase IQ7 Micro Inverters in January 2020.
Because of the steep pitch of our roofline several installers we initially spoke to were not able to tackle the job but RK Solar arranged a site inspection and were able to complete the task in a very professional, safe and efficient manner.
Any information or queries we had during the job were co-ordinated by Hanny in the office who kept us well informed during the works and handled our grid connection and rebate.
We have been very happy with the energy production figures and savings in our power bills and environmentally we have produced a carbon offset of approx. 3800 lbs or the equivalent of 45 Trees during the past 5 months.
We would thoroughly recommend RK Solar & Consulting Services for any of your energy needs.

All's well that ends well

In a case of starting out on the wrong foot, after we okayed the quote, we were given an installation date. On that day, no one shows up so we ring after 9:00 am or so, oops, sorry not today. Oh, we forgot to let you know was their reply. Wow, not a good start. Anyway, we get a new date set for two weeks later and it went pretty smooth from then.

Installation was done in a day. There were problems setting up the monitoring system, which took them a few visits to fix. Hey, they were really trying, so big points for that. The monitoring system works a treat. We've seen our electricity bills drop. While still early days and wanting to see a full year for a proper comparison, we estimate that our total year's bills will be about a third of our previous bills. Could be a bit more. So, we will be able to get a payback in 2.5 years or so.

We are happy with that and even it takes a bit over 3 years, this should be ok. RK are actually a good team and we are happy to recommend them.

Highly Recommend this Mob

I did a lot of homework and settled on RK Solar. Their Rep , Patricio, came to our house , was incredibly good at explaining everything and followed up with prompt emails on all my questions post his visit and quote. Installation went like a dream and the pricing was spot on. I would recommend these guys without hesitation. Thank You - PS: just got my last quarterly electricity bill and it was half what it was for the same period the previous year. I will be in front in about 3 yrs. I can't think of a better investment. Show additional information

Great so far!

I am happy with the overall process so far with no issues. They have been flexible with my requests in pricing and payment which has helped a lot during covid-19 pandemic. Have shown professional customer service. I recommend RK solar. Show additional information

Recommendation for RK Solar

I would recommend RK Solar. The sales rep was informative, friendly and explained everything. The installation was for 19 panels and was completed in 1 day. Since installation they have come back twice to check the system. Communication from the company is excellent. We are just waiting for our electricity supplier to change the meter. The whole process has been pain free and I am very happy with RK Solar. Show additional information

Fantastic experience! RK Solar has communicated well throughout the process and installed a great system at a very competitive price. I highly recommend RK Solar.

Sales and quoting process was very straightforward. They also provided options for financing.
Installation was on time and done very professionally. No damage to the property whatsoever.
Customer service was great and communicated well throughout the process. They provided the timeline and stick to it.

New solar system install.

Had some problems initially with component supply, but once that was ironed out the system worked smoothly. We installed a 12.9kw system which has all but eliminated our power bill which was extensive. Well worth the money. Show additional information

New solar system

After many months of research on a new solar system we started to obtain quotations from number of companies. Our aim was to install a quality panels and inverters for our house. We also wanted a company that has been established for number of years and a solid service. Most of the companies provided quotes using google maps, RK solar made the effort to make an appointment and actually see our property and provided us with number of options and quotations. The price difference between the quotations that we obtain from four companies was from cheap to expensive. But you get what you pay for. RK solar wasn’t the cheapest but we felt that the quote was very competitive for the system that was installed. The other factor was number of years that the company was in business also having own employees for installation and not contractors. RK back office did all the paperwork that was required. Installation was completed without any issues. He would recommend this company to our friends if at anytime they need to install a solar system. Show additional information

Good job

Knowledgeable salesperson gave a rapid and comprehensive quote with sensible options.
Offered system that was a good blend of quality and the correct level of features and capacity for my situation.
Installation was rapid and the install crew were knowledgeable and helpful. They discussed the installation with me and we agreed on the exact position of panels and the inverter to work best for the house.
The install crew fixed an existing broken item in the meter box for me as well.
Customer service was responsive when I was unsure of how the grid connection process happened after install.