RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews

• Your free on-site measure and quote will ensure the best possible install.
  • Your quote will include everything. There will be no hidden charges.
  • You can be assured that all the paperwork will be taken care of so you receive all the government incentives you are entitled to.
  • Talk to us about Brighte Finance - $0 upfront solar.
  • We are Sydney owned and family run.
  • We are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer.
  • We don't use subcontractors. All installers are in-house.
  • Our designers and installer are fully accredited with the cec.
  • We're Enphace Preferred Installers & REC Solar Professionals.
  • All jobs have a 5 Year Workmanship Warranty
  • Over 4,500 installs since 2010

Reviewers report paying: $4,100 - $9,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

RK Solar And Consulting Services Pty Ltd Reviews (414)

Trouble free installation

We are happy to have used RK Solar again for our recent upgrade. As expected we received an above and beyond experience from the quoting process to installation of panels and battery.Karan in Customer Service was only a phone call away to answer all our questions about the product and delivery. They also attended to grid connections after install. We have no hesitation in recommending RK Solar to our family and friends.

Great Job

Value for money, best product installed in the market. Great job, Keep it up, Kunal & team.
Roshin Carl.

Solar install from RK Solar

RK Solar gave me a quote with various options They visited my address and measured and worked out the optimum number of panels to fit in the space. The whole process was very professional.
The installation happened the day proposed with the inhouse team efficient, curtious,punctual ensuring all rubbish was removed
As part of the service they organised all paperwork for grid approval and the replacement meter.

All other companies just worked off the Satelite image of the roof and most will not come to measure unless you place an order with them or wanted to charge for coming to site prior to ordering.

Great service.

Initial consultation gave us the cost, the manufacturer of the panels and inverter, a time frame.
We did a comparison with other companies and RKSOLAR was equal if not better than other companies.
On the day of the installation the workers were efficient, quiet, minimal disruption to our day. They cleaned and tidied everything away.
They contacted our energy provider to have the meter installed. Very happy to recommend RK Solar.

Fantastic Installer

RK Solar did an excellent job from start to end. The entire team at RK Solar where very helpful to us from design to installation of our roof top solar system.
The consulting team are very helpful and gave great advice on what is required and best suited for us and explain why as well. The installation was done neatly, the installers professional and polite.
After service is also very good. They assisted us in organizing the grid connection after the install.
Great experience from Karan/sales from beginning to completion. Highly recommend their services.

A great experience from start to finish

The Sales person was honest & friendly & provided a great experience in terms of providing pros/cons of the different options that I was considering including discussions around panels, inverters, racking, monitoring, feed-in-tariff etc. The website enabled me to play with 3 different options to see effect on price.

The installation went very smoothly, they were punctual, we didn't have unexpected issues & they cleaned up afterwards.

They advised our energy retailer after the installation who then organised with the network provider to switch our plan to solar.

The whole process was painless & as it should be.

Good customer service

RK Solar responded promptly to my request for a quote, then called to discuss what we were looking to do, and delivered a quote the same day that met our needs. Within two weeks the installation was complete with a minimum of disruption and the system functioning. Their quote was slightly more expensive, but we liked the service and responsiveness.

Easy to deal with, honest, helpful

I have been happy with RK Solar from the very first discussion, through the onsite quote and to the installation.
The sales person, Aman, sat down with me and went through all the options and provided a price based on this. He was honest, knowledgeable and straightforward.

The install was done within a month, as promised, despite a wet December in Sydney. The installation team were thorough and knew exactly what they were doing. I attach a photo of them during the install.

Overall, I'm very happy with RK Solar.

Note well: I did start to have a problem with the Enphase Envoy inverter about 2-3 weeks after install (it seems to be a faulty network part not reporting back to the Enphase cloud). RK Solar came out the next day and helped determine the problem. Again, great service!

Highly recommended. Quality products and installation.

Highly recommended. The team were very easy to work with and installed a quality product. Very happy with the installation team and customer service. Sales team are very knowledgeable and provide higher end products.

Great sales, great installation

The sales person was very helpful and willing to answer all our "random" questions. Four quotes were provided and then, after deciding on a larger size system, another 2 quotes were provided. In each case, the quotes covered two types of panel and two types of inverter. This gave us the opportunity to compare all the quotes and decide on the final choice.
The installation process went without any hitches. The installers (subcontractors) were very professional. They were very efficient and left no mess.

The grid connection was organised for two weeks later which was also completed without any issues. We are now up and running!!

Fantastic salesman. Great product. Communication could do with a bit of work though.

Had a great experience with the salesman. Laurence drove up and, based on my input in SolarQuotes, had three examples done up on systems to my specs.
After a bit of tinkering, I went with a 10.36Kw REC panel system with the Fronius 8Kw inverter.
After a couple of weeks to and fro getting the NMI etc. there was silence. It was December so I wasn’t expecting much due to it being busy and Xmas time. One morning not long after Xmas, I had a missed call. I listened to the message and it said the installers were on their way and will be here at 0930h. After some quick changing of plans so I could be here for the guys, they arrive at 0830h. The installers were all polite and worked fast to get the panels up and the inverter in a spot that I chose. Very happy with the work. It was just lucky that I was able to juggle for that day to be there. After no correspondence from the company to literally turning up at our doorstep, it was a little frustrating. But all in all, we got the system in before the new year.
It has been installed now for a fortnight and it’s been great.
RK has assisted with my energy provider to get a smart meter installed to feed back in to the grid. And I am confident they will help with getting my account set up with Fronius so we can monitor our production etc.
all in all. I would recommend these guys as they were at least faster than I was expecting in getting a system in. And the panels look great.
Thanks to Laurence and the team at RK Solar and consulting at Castle Hill.

What to say, there was a few hiccups, BUT

Well when it came time for the install I had to chase them a few times, I found out that the panel I had bought was no longer in stock, I was upgraded to a newer panel, at a cost. The install did happen when it was organised, this I was VERY pleased with as
My old system was going to a friends farm to be reused. Another plus’s is that the panels did not all fit where I wanted them on the roof, one went on the back, it look silly all by itself so I talked to them
And they came out a few days later and added two more panels to the system at an agreed price, the system is so good with micro inverters, they did a good job, am so happy with my system, I went bigger than I needed to as I did not realise the feed in tariffs area so bad, yes I would use them again, like a said a few hiccups but in the end everything was done on time, maybe I stressed a bit as I wanted it done before Christmas

Original Review on 18-04-2021:

Great service and price

Great sales person and full of information
Good installation team
Good after sale service

9 months later we asked Stephen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes the system is still performing to my expectations. RK Solar and Consulting still rate very high with my satisfaction.

Great initial install just waiting on one last peice

The whole process of getting a quote, through to install and feilding all the questions along the way has been pretty great!

They made the effort to ensure my install was completed prior to the end of the year and we really appricate that effort.

There's only one little hitch that we are continuing to work through and that is, the Solar Analytics device is yet to be installed.

Apparently the Solar Analytics device that they brought with them on the day of the install was faulty. I trust the word of the installers on this.

Since then we are still waiting for the replacement to be received and installed but there has been some understandable delays over the Xmas holiday period, especially given the current COVID landscape.
I am confident that we should have the device installed within the next couple of weeks (so then I can finally geek out!!).

RK Solar have been awesome so far and I really look forward to confirm the date for the Solar Analytics install shortly!

Great quote and Installation Service.

RK Solar did an excellent job from start to end. The installation was done neatly, the installers professional and polite. After service is also very good - I sent a couple of emails with questions and got a call back within a day. Great experience from Karan/sales from beginning to completion.
I have got 10kw LG panels and quotes are very competitive.
Highly recommend their services.

Expectations Set and Met

RK Solar stayed in touch, set clear expectations and met them. No question was too much for me to ask and answers were clear. The Installers were polite and worked hard. The lead up to Christmas and the end of year was an added difficulty that was well managed.

Good detailed pre sales explanation and comparisons and seamless installation and post sales support

RK Solar delivers

Very good sales approach, technician expertise and communication/follow-up. Very helpful in answering my questions and explaining the solution we wanted.

Great team. Highly recommend

Installed solar in oct’21. Really happy with the installation and service. The whole team at R K Solar is very cooperative. Amandeep is very knowledgeable and has been instrumental in helping us decide which technology and brand to choose.
Hector has been very responsive and approachable. He helped us get the installation done on the desired day and also guided us during conversation with energy providers.
Overall it was a smooth process without any hassle. Highly recommend.

Happy customer

Started with a quote and Aman from sales was in constant touch to update and revert back on suggestions, Installation was booked and was on time. Team at RK solar helped to sort out connect to grid and the entire process was a breeze.

A good Solar experience

RK Solar knew the value of visiting our home to talk through our specific needs and educate us on the options. Service was prompt and installers were knowledgeable and adaptive. We needed to problem solve on the spot and they were fantastic. After sales service has been great helping with grid connection and using the app. Very happy to recommend RK Solar.

Start to finish, RK Solar we’re honest, reliable and on point!

I am extremely happy with RK Solar and the team. From start to finish, everything was on point. Aman was very helpful, direct, truthful and patient when going through and explaining the various solar system options. I would highly recommend RK Solar to anyone considering Solar.
Thank you.

Wonderful experience, with a thorough professional team

I got my solar system (not the planets) installed with RK solar. During the process I engaged with Aman Sethi and Karan Kapoor for the quote and installation process respectively. Aman is a thorough professional, provided me no obligation quotes and guidance, answered all my questions patiently over several calls which gave me much confidence in their team and made me take my business to them. The installation process was smooth with Karan and his team managing it smoothly and keeping me informed at all times. Since I couldn't be at site, They even organised a walkthrough session for me over call. Their sales and after sale support is wonderful and the response times on email and phone is pretty quick. A team of professionals and domain experts.. I would certainly recommend them..

Excellent pre and post sales service. Job was done on time . System works as described.

- Very straightforward sales quoting process and the sales rep Nitesh was able to answer all of my queries and took the time to refer installers when the questions were more technical
- Post sales scheduling of install was great
- Installation was great by sub-contractors. RK Solar appear to use a small handful of sub contractors that deliver quality work

Very professional from start to finish

Sales person was very knowledgeable and was able to answer most questions asked about solar system.

The installers were very professional. They arrived on time, they were easy to talk to and the job was done neatly.

Customer service continues to be supportive, they arranged for the smart meter to be installed.

Mostly satisfied

I have no expertise to rate quality of system. I trusted SolarQuotes.

Sales/quoting went smoothly. Salesperson answered emails promptly, clearly explained things I did not understand and I learned why another quote was much higher than I needed.

Installation was on time and as promised. However, the electrician had to leave to collect a child from school and failed to explain the operation of the system, a website and an app to me.

They organised the installation of the smart meter but I got an email from the energy retailer telling me the inverter should not be left on until the new meter was installed. The installer had left it on and I had no idea how to turn it off. I had to press very hard to get someone to come and explain everything to me.

The meter was upgraded yesterday. I hope everything is now operating correctly but have not had a chance to check it all out.

Great installation

RK Solar were wonderful right from the sales process through to after sales support, the installation team worked really hard and did a great job, and the team helped with the grid connection. I've immediately seen results.

Original Review on 25-03-2021:

So far so good

I have used RK Solar before so know their process. Their quote was informative and gave loads of info. We elected to go for a larger system than they initially quoted and they were happy to adjust their offer and it was done quickly.

So far so good as the install has been done and it was done quickly and efficiently. Not yet hooked up as the energy retailer has not yet installed the smart meter. Very happy that after the March flooding event in Penrith where i live that the roof has not leaked due to the installation. If it was going to leak i guess it would have been this week.

RK need to do some remedial work on the roof which is why the install is only 3 stars but they have committed to doing this when they come back to install the consumption meter. Once done to my satisfaction i would happily increase the rating.

Looking forward to harvesting some rays!!!

8 months later we asked Rob: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I LOVE getting bills where we are in credit. The system is generating whaqt we expected and its changing the way we do things. We are considering getting rid of our instant gas hot water to go to electric and using the solar power. We only use the washing machine during the day and the same with the dishwasher. Still feeling it!!

Original Review on 23-03-2021:

Great service and professionalism

Highly professional.

Sales process was informative. Installation was timely (on scheduled date and time). Despite the difficulty of installation at my property, installation went without a hitch and was done at high quality.

Great customer customer service, all requests to the energy retailer were performed which gave peace of mind.

8 months later we asked Patrick: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Great installation service.

The friendly and helpful installation team arrived on time and worked around rain to get the job done. Nice tidy install of panels and Tesla battery. Good quality products and it is working better than my expectations!

Very professional company installed an excellent solar system

These guys provided very professional advice and in the end quoted us the best designed and highest quality system for the same price as others. We obtained a 6.6 kW system (17 panels) with a 3-thread string inverter for the same highly reasonable price as other companies wanted to provide less solar panels (of the same or lesser quality) and a two thread inverter.
The installers were also very professional, efficient, and tidied up afterwards.
My only negative was sluggish customer service. I had to chase them up after paying the deposit and to line up the installers.

Innovative Design. Great customer service.

Salesperson spent quite a lot of time working through options for us. They provided several versions for us to consider and in the end, the one we agreed on seems to have been a good fit for our needs, both now and for our planned expansion with a battery.
They were very well organised and cleaned up after themselves. We had 5 people onsite at times and they worked as a team. Due to the complexity of the design, they ended up needing a second day and very kindly rescheduled their other jobs to be able to return and finish the job early the following morning (all done by 9am!).

Pleasure to work with

I decided to go with RK Solar to install my system. I had many questions during the sales process after having done extensive research on various options, and they provided a well-balanced opinion without being pushy. They gave a number of quotes for different combinations until I found the best solution for my needs. There were some issues during the installation - installers brought the wrong mounting rails and accessories - but these were quickly rectified and the install was completed as planned. Our agreed panel layout design was also not followed by the installers, which was disappointing. However, it didn’t impact on performance, and workmanship was overall very good. The company’s management team / owners visited during install to ensure everything goes to plan. This was a nice gesture which I appreciate very much as it gave me comfort I can rely on them throughout the life of my system. The whole team in RK Solar was very reliable throughout the process, including tech support, who helped setup my online monitoring immediately after install and applied for grid connection.

Highly professional

Excellent service, advise and price. Prompt and professional installation. Highly recommend using them.

Fantastic Service and help

Just had my solar system upgraded insize the service was great as was the ist installation. I rang Kunal to give me a quote to increase system size he sent me quote within the hour I accepted and the system was installed a week later. The installers did a great and professional job. I am very happy with the solar system and would highly recommend Kunal and his team, my next stage will be fitting a battery and I will use Kunal again.

Very helpful, knowledgeable people

It was a great experience working with the sales rep Aman who guided us form the beginning to ensure we had all options available and to help us make an informed decision. We were not forced to buy like a take it or live it thing that another company did at almost same price. The installation was done professionally and transparently. The meter changes with the provider was handled smoothly as well, and I was kept informed at every step of the process. Highly recommended.

Professional Installation Team and excellent service

RK Solar team were friendly and informative during the sales/decision process. Pre-installation site visit was not possible due to lockdown conditions but measurement, quoting and installation went without a hitch. Installation team turned up on time and had the system up and running by the afternoon. RK Solar sent a request to my energy supplier the first business day after installation. Professional team and good value. Bring on the sun!

Great installers

Sales / quoting process went well, their salesperson came out to see us (some others had tried to do simply over the phone, looking online a roof size etc), and explained the system, how it works, pros and cons of the different brands. Being new to solar, this was very helpful.

Installation went well, all done in a day and they covered things we didn't think / know about like the inverter installed on the south facing wall out of direct sun etc (to be fair the power meter is also there but only in more recent newsletters did I read about this).

Only issue with installation, a roof tile was cracked using installation although not externally obvious. Shortly after we had some heavy rain over several days and I noticed discolouration in the ceiling. After climbing in to the roof and seeing the problem, their staff came out and replaced the tile for us as it was under system straight away.

Also initially had some problems getting readings in the app which they came out and helped us sort out.

My only suggestion would be the explanation of the app connectivity etc was a bit rushed at end of day. A better explanation / instructions would have helped us.

Other than this - very happy with system, seeing savings already and would recommend them to others.

Original Review on 01-01-2021:

Fantastic service, fast and responsive, exactly what I needed

I needed a company to remove my old system, plan a new system through our renovation and provide a large and cost-effective system for us. RK Solar came out the same day, provided a flexible and configurable quote as well as excellent advice. They removed the old system and will install the new one once the builders are ready. Original ratings

8 months later we asked Alan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, the system is performing excellently.

Great install - high standards, knowledgeable & quality work

This is my second solar install by RK Solar. The first was a 4.2k with enphase inverters (2016) - that system worked perfectly. Moving to a new home in Feb 2021 we decided to request quotes for a 9.9kW system with micro inverters. Having received 3 quotes and spoken to several installers we decided to again engage RK Solar - we were not disappointed with the result.

The RK Solar service from start to finish was great - good communication at every step, answering my questions promptly and to our satisfaction. The actual install quality was excellent with two very capable installers. Our install was a little unusual and included 5 roof surfaces with east, north, west orientations - the installers handle this without any drama and discussed the position of each array before work began. The enlighten monitoring box was installed exactly as discussed with very tidy cabling. Our installers took pride in their work - they did not rush, cut corners or leave trash. All grid connection paperwork was handled by RK Solar.

Overall an outstanding job. We believe our decision to use a reputable, established business with proven track record over many years was validated. It was not the cheapest quote but I'm confident it was value for money with the best
possible outcome.

Installed today, not yet connected. System 8.14 kW Enphase, 22xTrina panels.

System (Great), Install (Fantastic), Service (a little lacking but improvable)

System. Really happy to go with Enphase. AC, is flexible & expandable. I've had prior experience with DC short circuits and prefer not to go there again.

Install. Had a great experience with Habib & his crew (Victorian installers) today. Worked hard, did a great job, polite & cleaned up after. Had the sense and adaptability to install the system that was best for our situation

Service. RK Solar is NSW based, this install is one of their first forays into Vic, so I expected that there would be a few road humps along the way. And there were.

Considering that, they did pretty well but probably needed to think a bit more about
. how goods are delivered. Communication about deliveries was good but most goods were delivered by single drivers who needed help from you to unload to a safe place.
. Delays. I suspect things went a bit astray between the original Vic salesperson I dealt with and RK solar. I had my own delays in organising finance and by the time I had that settled, I guess he'd moved on.
Things got a bit rushed in the end but RK still honoured everything I had worked out and been quoted previously.

All up, pretty happy

Original Review on 16-12-2020:

It's a long process

RK Solar was the only company to send out a sales person.

Their installers were very good working late to get things completed.

Had to chase them up for initial installation date, to come back and finish the install and the grid connection.

Final installation - 31 Trina panels with micro inverters and powerwall 2 battery

Although I conducted lots of research - mainly on the SolarQuotes sites I still got caught out over some things and maybe they should have been explained by the company prior to installation. Things that they should have informed me or maybe I should have made myself aware of (traps for the uneducated):

1. The satellite images that are used to plan the install aren't accurate. We planned for 33 panels on 2 roof spaces and ended up with 31 panels on 3 roof spaces.

2. Finding out that the battery can only be charged by a subset of the panels due to battery limits. (makes sense but I didn't find out till after installation)

3. In line with 2 above only the panels connected to the battery will be operational during a blackout. (19 of the 31)

4. Our air con user 3 phases and cannot be supplied by the battery so no air con during blackouts.

5. Our oven amp rating is higher than what the battery can supply so no oven during blackouts.

8 months later we asked Chris: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

System has worked exactly as expected. On a cloudless day the panels provide for all our use as well as charging the battery by lunch time. From then on the extra flows to the grid.

So far this year (Jan to Aug) the system has provided 64% of our power needs. The percentage will increase as we head into the warmer months.

Worth doing

Was very Happy with Patricio from RK Solar. On his visit he explained all the aspects of getting solar panels installed.
He was helpful, knowledgeable, promptly returned calls, emails and made changes to the system spec and provided quotes as requested.
The whole process from paying the deposit, processing the order and locking in an install date was a smooth process provided by Hector in admin support.
The installation team turned up on the due date, were on time, friendly, courteous, clean / tidy and did a good job installing the products, they even fixed an issue with a down pipe we had so was excellent. They provided us with all the required installation certification paperwork.
I’m also great full to Allen at RK solar who helped me sorted out my app to the Fronius inverter.
I would have no issue recommending them based on my experiences with their pre / post sales teams and installation team.

The best in the business!

Very experienced and thorough professionals. Ask for Aman, he is absolutely brilliant in his knowledge of solar products and explains everything in detail and patiently. Competitive prices as well. The process was very smooth with RK Solar.

Highly Recommended

I am pleased to recommend RK Solar highly. From the initial contact with their Consultant and the stages of finalising a quote, organising the installation and finally the commissioning of the panels - at all times they were highly professional, competitive, prompt and supportive.
We had a difficult site - 1 3 storied inner city terrace house that posed it's unique access issue but they assisted where others would not have tried.

A+

Great installation team. Quick responses from the office team and great hand over documentation.

Site was left clean and happy to recommend them to others

Excellent service

RK Solar had great customer service and the installation team was very professional and friendly.

Best Solar company by far.

This is the second time I have used RK Solar to install a state of the art System. The whole process from start to finish was a pleasure to deal with. From the quotes, to the installation date, even prior by giving me a lot of information and advice to make sure I got the best product for my situation. One of the things I liked wears they have been in business a long time, not just a few years. So I knew I could rely on the ongoing support and service.

The installers were all very professional and punctual with a high level of workmanship. I would not hesitate in using them again or highly recommending them to family and friends.

Looking forward to no more power bills. ; )

Good detailed introduction before installation; continue to provide good service after installation.