Solar Dynamics Reviews

About Solar Dynamics, Solar Installers

Solar Dynamics
Platinum Partner
Solar Dynamics is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 43 793 741 995  ABN active since 04 Mar 2009 | The Trustee For Solar Dynamics Unit Trust
ACN: 135 681 284  ACN active since 04 Mar 2009 | Solar Dynamics Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,300 - $10,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solar Dynamics is a Melbourne based company operating in solar power.

They say that all of their installers are industry accredited and their systems are backed by a 25 year warranty.

Solar Dynamics advises it has just imported from Canada a complete range of 285w mono crystalline panels.

Customer testimonials for Solar Dynamics are available, and include the following:

“ We are very happy with the system, and thank all the people involved in the installation for being efficient, professional and friendly.”

“I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks for the help and professionalism of the trade people on site, and for all the help and professionalism of your company. Thank you very much.”

“The jobs were completed in a very professional manner, the solar hot water and solar power were fitted in a very efficient way. The follow up service was excellent.”

Solar Dynamics Solar Reviews

Good all round

I choose to use Solar Dynamics because I felt the proposed technical solution suited my situation well.

I also found the quote was clear on inclusions and exclusions.

They also showed clearly how they would support the post install process.

Other companies had some pushy sales techniques, to which I objected.

Good service and customer get what they expected

The solar panel installer did great job, no cracking tiles and very friendly.
The electrician drilled a hole through the wall into my bedroom, however it was remedied to acceptable authentication.
I did not bargain because it was quality products (sun power panels and huawei) , I trust that quality products will pay your back sooner with much less chance of any hassel in years of service, not to mention the 2 k rebate makes life easy for both seller and buyer .

Seamless process from start to finish

I did hours of internet research and sought 4 quotes. During this process, I “tripped over” Solar Dynamics when driving along Governor Road – and sought a 5th quote from them. Solar Dynamics weren’t the cheapest, but close, however their value was evident immediately when I commenced talking to Nathan, whose solar system knowledge was explained to me in simple, easily understood terms. Wayne, Annette and Odessa fastidiously navigated the complex administrative trail on my behalf, and the guys on the job were excellent. From start to finish, the system was installed “hassle free”, with timely follow up on any issues that arose. From my experience, Solar Dynamics come highly recommended. Show additional information

MAGNIFICIENT

3 options quoted, no pressure, very helpful with questions. Very easy and approachable sales team.

Was not home during installation, came home to a finished job, no rubbish left behind, and a follow up contact. Brilliant.

Annette from Solar Dynamics goes beyond normal customer service.

Get on board with this company.

Best solar ever!

All three quotes were very similar, but Wayne was happy to visit the site and take us through the process.. he did that with 8 other units in our village. He and his staff supported us, empathetically and with patience.
Everything went well, and Solar Vic followed through too.
Installation went ahead on time, and the Inspector turned up on time as well.
Couldn't have asked for better service.
Thank you to everyone.

Seamless end to end service

Really impressed initially with Nathan who walked me through everything in language I could understand. Solar Dynamics backed up EVERY part of the installation process impeccably. They communicated every step of the process, and were responsive to my queries. The installer was great, on time, informative, flexible and courteous. Every bit of the process happened as it had been outlined to me by Solar Dynamics.......there were no surprises and they continue to correspond with me as I learn how to make the most of my system. In the end I'm really happy with every part of the process, customer service and price. HIGHLY RECOMMEND :) Show additional information

Friendly, efficient service

Nathan was great to talk to about the system best suited to my property. Friendly service and clear communication throughout the entire process. Highly recommend. Show additional information

Trusted solar installer

While gaining cheaper and more expensive quotes my gut instinct was telling me Solar Dynamics was the solar installer I can trust. From the initial quote from Nathan, to the organisation of the works with Annette, an extra talk to the owner of the business to clarify a technical question, the install team was punctual, easy to work with, friendly and I was very happy with the whole installation and then finishing the process off Odessa looked after connection to the grid with United energy.
Very happy with the outcome and in the end I’d always rather support a local family business than a cheaper fly by nighter.
Thanks.

Great all round

Great initial contact. Very thorough and knowledgeable sales person. Great service throughout and quick to respond to queries. From quoting to installation and connection, everything ran seamlessly Show additional information

Dynamic

Sales and Quote were up front and tell you the facts
Installation was a breeze Installation team were punctual neat and tidy and completed a great job
Customer service was great and followed through with all the necessary paperwork to finalise the connection
Highly recommend Solardynamics and there installation team A job well done

Great Solar Installation experience. Very professional.

Sales quoting was great. Could not fault it.
Installation was great. Very professional Technicians. They did not mess around. Had the whole system installed and operational in 6 Hours.

Love the system, installation could be improved.

The price paid of $4,390 is after Victorian rebate and loan, and cashing in STCs. The system is 7.04kW of Sunpower P19 panels with a 6kW Fronius inverter. We also paid the $300ish for the Fronius monitoring module (which I feel was well worth it as I can monitor our electrical demand in near-real time).

Wayne from Solar Dynamics visited my house to have a look prior to quoting. He listened very closely to what it was I was trying to achieve with a solar power system and delivered on that. He was also very responsive in making some changes to the quoted system once I had learned more and spoken with other suppliers. In all, a very positive customer experience to this point.

The office staff were very helpful during the very trying time when Solar Victoria’s web portal went to hell in a hand basket, and I’m certain they (Solar Dynamics staff) were up to their necks in annoyed customers. They handled that situation very well and I was able to secure a rebate slot.

The installation was booked, but then moved at their request to accommodate other installations. I was called in advance and politely asked if this was ok, to which I said it wasn’t a problem as the installation was only moved a few days. The installers were polite, accommodating, and turned up more or less on time. The installation was completed by the end of the same day and everything was up and running.

At ground level, the installers appeared to have tidied up nicely with a few small items left here and there (I mean really small - easy to miss, so entirely excusable).

However, the situation was a little different up on the roof. My system is not a small one, so I wonder if they were rushing to finish that day. There are quite a number of depressions in my corrugated roof where the installers were not standing on the line of battens, though I understand this would certainly be unavoidable some of the time, so it’s just an observation. Of greater concern is the screws that were removed from the roof sheets (presumably to affix the panel racks) and not replaced leaving a hole and water ingress point. I found five screws missing; three in a line on one sheet at the end of the panel array, one on the ridge cap and one in a random other location. Several other screws were not sufficiently threaded in to engage the rubber gasket and seal the hole. I found a few of the original roofing screws in gutters so put them back in the holes myself, and checked all the other screws I could see to make sure my roof is water tight.

Substantial scraps across the roof sheets are evident, which will expose the sheets to corrosion. The odd nick here and there is alright, but where something has clearly been dragged across the roof and removed about an A4 sized amount paint is pretty careless and probably should have rectified somehow (even with silicone or a lick of paint). I’m not worried about aesthetics as my roof is not visible from anywhere on my block, but I am concerned about corrosion.

A slightly lesser, but still noteworthy, concern is the amount of swarf left on the roof from drilling new holes. Some of it was big enough to pick up as a sizeable clump, so the amount was not insubstantial. The problem with leaving swarf on a roof is that it rusts as it is not coated like the rest of the roof sheets, which in turn can rust the sheets over time. When I built my garage, I was very conscious of leaving swarf on the roof and swept the whole thing at the end of drilling. I would have expected similar from a professional installer as it’s a quick job at the time but cannot be done now as the panels are installed and in the way.

In all, the missing screws were nothing more than an inconvenience that I needed to address as I was on the roof anyway to clean gutters. The problem would be for a person who either isn’t as handy or not able to get on their roof to identify the issue.

That aside, the installation of the inverter and all the connections appear solid and professional. The inverter was connected to my WiFi network by the installers before they left, which I appreciated. I don’t have any concerns with the actual installation of the racking, panels or inverter; just the state in which my roof was left.

The system has been generating good power and I’m like a kid with a new toy constantly looking at the Fronius app (which isn’t brilliant as far as apps go, buts that’s a Fronius thing) to check the output.

I would recommend any of the providers that quoted my system, and I would recommend Solar Dynamics as I am very happy with the system that was designed and the price we paid - I feel we achieved very good value-for-money. I would only hope that the installers pay a little more attention during and at the end of the job.

Fantastic experience with Solar Dynamics

Nathan from Solar Dynamics was very friendly and helpful. He did his best of estimating and not really trying to oversell beyond the capacity of my roof.
Installation was very prompt although weather was a bit funny.

Good quality system

Quoting process was easy and responsiveness was very good. Installation was fast and neat.

After sales service for questions and queries was very good.

Dynamic Performer

From initial contact with Nathan in sales, Wayne's site visit, and Lee's installation crew, my dealings with Solar Dynamics has been totally professional from start to finish. After giving the go-ahead, just after the virus lockdown started, their response was immediate. The crew arrived at 1 pm and were gone by 4:30 pm with the system activated for in-house use. A few weeks later, with Annette's help, we are now connected to the grid.
I have no hesitation in recommending Solar Dynamics for your solar installation.

Knowledgable Service Provider

The quoting process was simple & provided a good understanding for what we would be getting, along with the process involved. The installation went very well. One of the panels they planned on installing didn't end up getting installed (hence, we were left with 6273kW array), but everything else went well. The customer service was excellent, making the whole process flow in a timely manner. We would recommend them to others. Show additional information

Great service and prompt installation

The process of getting quotes, booking an installation and the installation itself was straightforward. The staff were courteous and professional at all times and answered all of my questions professionally. The installation was timely, efficient and tidy. They assisted with connection to the grid after the install. I was very happy with the system installed and the service provided and would recommend them to anyone considering a solar system. Show additional information

Prompt, friendly and efficient

We were kept well informed and the service was promptly delivered Show additional information
Although the system is not yet installed (due next week), the people at Solar Dynamics have been very helpful with each communication I have had with them. Show additional information

All in a good experience

Pre-sales process was excellent - very friendly and informative. Post sales process not quite to the same high standard mainly in terms of having to follow up for info etc. Install was slightly delayed but the installers and electrician were very polite and low maintenance and tidied up well at the end. Show additional information

Very straightforward people to deal with

The quote and the process was always clear and understandable, the sales rep was factual and knowledgeable and willing to check with the install team or office managers on matters of detail.
The installation team were punctual and very cooperative - I had a few specific things I wanted to avoid during the activity and for the final installation and the Solar Dynamics team accommodated these requests quite happily and completely.
The installation "paperwork" - certificates, arranging web access, advising my retailer, warranty explanation, operation explanation etc etc was all cheerfully and thoroughly provided.

Great Company

Nathan From Solar Dynamics was great to deal with. Very professional, polite and had a wealth of knowledge. Nothing was to much trouble for him and was pretty much the reason I went with this company. He is a credit to himself and an asset to this company.
Installation will be done next week and I hope it will be as smooth as the ordering process.
thank you finn, your advise was very helpful it helped me to understand and navigate the solar minefield Show additional information

Excellant Installation and advice on the best system for our needs

The sales quote was excellent . They gave us many options as to which batteries were best for our needs . We decided that the best option was the Redback system as the inverter and batteries should install and work seamlessly together . The installers were great and came early to avoid most of the 43 c temperature forecast . They went through the system with us showing were what was wired in our system as well as how to set and monitor through the app provided . As we also have a critical circuit back up with our battery in the event of a blackout the installers explained how to maximise the settings to prevent losing systems such as the fridge and lighting while also running of the battery during the peak tariff hours . Would gladly recommend this company as they have been around for over a decade and know what they are doing. Show additional information

So far nearly so good

Impressive installer who was polite and with whom my wife felt very comfortable. Very helpful but at this point one half of the system is not yet functioning. Show additional information

Happy with the install

Process was quite easy and the company was helpful. Answer all my questions and price was reasonable Show additional information

Good job

The whole process of quoting and installation went really well, very prompt service, installers did a very good job with a difficulty roof, left everything very tidy and all up and running. Very happy with everything. Show additional information

Had for 3 days so quality is a unknown at the moment time will tall

Quotes emailed to me so I could study them .follow up call led to some ajustments, and quotes re emailed all the info you need supplied in the quote just need to read it
Installation was great they seemed to have a routine and everyone knew what they should be doing very smooth and organized cleaned up and punctual.
Have confirmed they will do the grid connection. Weekend at the moment see if things start happening on Monday

Very happy. Great communication. Great installation. Great value.

The process was simple and efficient. Staff were very helpful and flexible with quote.
Installation was awesome. Great tradies. Very neat installation.
I have found Solar Dynamics to be an excellent company and I am very happy with the installation and performance of my new solar system. Show additional information

Very happy with their installation and prompt service once we all got past the Solar Vic web site problems, but thats another story.

Wayne from Solar Dynamics was very professional as I would expect from a retailer recommended by Solar Quotes, he was also the only one that bothered to attend site before quoting the job. He was very informative and ran through all the pros and cons of the system I was proposing.
The installation started at 7.30am as arranged and was fully completed by 1.30pm. No apparent problems and a very safe and tidy job.
The customer service was great, always available on the phone with prompt replies to any questions I raised.
As the system was only installed on the 25th of November I am still waiting on the electrical inspection and associated paperwork before they can process the grid connection application. This has all been arranged by Solar Dynamics.

Very professional in quote, approval and installation. Waiting to see long term results

Very professional. Waiting to hook up to grid and start enjoying the benefits Show additional information
Great experience, no problems with anything. Show additional information

Easy to deal with

We chose solar dynamics as they were able to upgrade their standard packages to the premium brands we desired at a good price. They were super easy to deal with and install was quick. Only concern was that the information I received states the install included costs for scaffolding for installer safety, and as far as I could tell they did not use scaffolding. Show additional information

Great Solar system

- Quite friendly
- Installation was on time and efficiently done. Cleared away rubbish very professional
- still awaiting grid connection but all progresding smoothly so far. Inspection happening today

Sales were exceptional

Sales knew all ins and out about the process as well the best ideas on how to go on about my installation. Office and installers were good too Show additional information

Good solar company

Quick response of emails and installation. One big plus was they did the installation on Saturday.
One thing I would like to suggest is that customer expected the monitor system will be activated from day one. My Solar Analytics needed to chase up with the company after two days from the installation. Overall, very good customer service. Recommend to go with them.

Honest installer

The system is installed and working excelent.
I am happy with system.

Quick Install Turnaround but Slow in Processing Paperwork

The own Wayne came out and did a site inspection was very good in explaining the process and providing me with expected generation numbers for each month of the year to ensure that it would meet our energy need. After getting the Victorian Government grant i was a quick turn around and i was able to get my system installed with in 2 weeks which was fantastic. But after that thing slowed down to a snail's pace. I had to chase up getting the Energy Safe Victoria inspection, once that was done they submitted the paperwork to my energy company. This took some time and i followed up with my energy provider and was advised this was because they need to send it back several times to be corrected. So its now only after 2 months that we have been able to finalise all the paperwork and now able to gain credits for all the excess power generated. Show additional information
Solar Dynamics are very well organised, down to earth and straightforward with their dealings. They contacted us to adviseof arrival times and kept us in the loop. Very happy with the service! Show additional information

Good installers

Customer contact and understanding of Solar Excellent arranged Solar Vic great

Installation was on time and to standard a little mess left behind

Installion included 9 optimisers

Starting that process now installed yesterday
Very responsive to my calls and queries. Wayne was prepared to discuss my requirements and to EXPLAIN components, positioning of cells etc, type of cells ...reasons for components, feed in etc etc. Show additional information

Great service.

Knowledgeable, polite - prepared to guide, not push.

Skilled installers, good office staff providing prompt service which helped navigate the first day of Vic Solar's new system.
It all happened when it was supposed to by a competent pair of helpful workers. Great! Show additional information

very impressive all round

great advise, prompt response, completed all paperwork and communications with authorities Show additional information
System to be installed within next ten days. Show additional information
I was very pleased with the professional, competent and friendly attitude of the installation contractors and the friendly and competent staff of the supplier. I found applying for the Victorian Solar Rebate Scheme the most difficult part of the whole exercise. I was lucky that I have a strong IT background, but I am sure many people of my age do not. Thanks to the Victorian Government for providing the rebate Show additional information
The whole process was stress free. Solar Dynamics where very well scheduled and the customer service was great throughout as well as after installation. Show additional information