• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

Solar Dynamics Reviews

About Solar Dynamics, Solar Installers

Solar Dynamics is a Melbourne based company operating in the solar power and solar hot water fields. The company says that it is the sole distributor of the well known Chromagen brand. They also say that all of their installers are industry accredited and their systems are backed by a 25 year warranty. Solar Dynamics says that it has just imported from Canada a complete range of 250w mono crystalline panels.

Customer testimonials for Solar Dynamics are available, and include the following:

“ We are very happy with the system, and thank all the people involved in the installation for being efficient, professional and friendly.”

“I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks for the help and professionalism of the trade people on site, and for all the help and professionalism of your company. Thank you very much.”

“The jobs were completed in a very professional manner, the solar hot water and solar power were fitted in a very efficient way. The follow up service was excellent.”

Solar Dynamics Solar Reviews

The other people did not bother contacting me.

The Solar Guy was great to deal with and helped me understand some of the issues
Good communication with supplier through their office and site visit. Proactively followed up after the installation to assure all went ok and if there were any further queries on the system and job carried out at site.
Tracking of solar system performance through the software/app advised has been great and can now plan our day to day use of power to optimise on the system installation and more importantly to offset the increasing cost of energy supplies.
It has not been checked by an inspector yet so it is too early for me to tell at this stage. Show additional information
The three you recommended were poorly represented, gave wildly different prices for the same thing and generally recommended the poorer panels and inverters .
They engendered no confidence so I looked further afield . Solar Dynamics are terrific to deal with
I upgraded my solar system and because the Fronius system has two input points was able to get rid of our old inverter but just hook the 1kW worth of panels still on the roof on to the new inverter. Previously they’d suggested to leave the full old system on as well, however this would have required me to upgrade my circuit board ($1100). By suggesting to incorporate the old panels I was able to put a slightly larger inverter on but get a full 5kW system for around $5500.
Thanks Solar Dynamics
Great company to deal with. The installer was great and answered all questions, a pleasure to deal with. Show additional information
Installation well done despite a few hitches and loose ends on the day.
Cannot report on system performance until high grid voltage is resolved.
Staff at Solar Dynamics are helpful and knowledgeable.
A really genuine family business. The only company who would send someone out to look at our house before putting money down! Show additional information
Owner visits, not a commission sales man. Installed promptly . System working a couple of weeks after getting quote Show additional information
Excellent communication, knowledgeable advice presented succinctly and efficiently. No pressure, no BS.
Installation occurred on schedule and installers were fast, careful, neat and a pleasure to deal with. Although only installed for 1 mostly sunny week, the panels have been pumping out an average of about 30kwh per day (best day more than 40!). Inspector was also impressed with the work and provided certificate without questions. So far couldn't be happier.
Excellent overall experience and I would highly recommend Solar Dynamics to any person looking for solar. I did not by the cheapest or the most expensive system and I used my own research with Solar Dynamic expertise and came up with an outstanding solution for our home. The only "problem" I had was with the actual installer who. to be fair, was somewhat distracted with a critical personal matter - his child was in hospital.

The service following the installation has been first rate and I have reduced my electricity bill by approx 75-80%. As a large home user this equates to a payback of the purchase price in approx 4 years. A no brainer!
The 3 suppliers you recommended to me were all very good, and I had a difficult job in selecting the supplier, however Wayne Foster from Solar Dynamics was most impressive and technically the best in explaining all details regarding the system. Show additional information
Not installed yet, hopefully next week Show additional information
Great web-site, very informative, would recommend Solar Dynamics for "no-hassle" installation and service, as everything was arranged for us by them, we hardly had to do anything. Many thanks Finn, a very satisfied client. Show additional information
As the system hasn't yet been installed I can't rate all areas but I am very confident that I will be delighted. Show additional information
AGL being a bit obtuse in finalising the configuration of the smart meter. Apparently their records show that an off peak meter was still in operation. Bit odd as the place has had gas HWS for a couple of years and there is no meter in the power box! Waiting for Solar Dynamics to resolve, hopefully in a day or so. System working well, we hit 32 kWHr last week. Show additional information
With your service of finding suppliers and the service we received from Solar Dynamics we have been very satisfied. Solar dynamics provided to answers to all our questions, gave us great options on the system and excellent reading and verbal info about our options. the installers were great and tidy. The quotes, and we asked Red Energy too, were all pretty similar except Solar Dynamics had better options on equipment and research indicated that the higher end products available through them were worth the extra expense. The extra expense amounted to less than $1000 which considering the total cost was not hugely significant given the better warranties and reviews.

Thanks again for all your help and sorry about the delay responding - we have been away for some time.
Solar Quotes passed my details to three installers ... one I never heard from the second rang me and emailed the quote the third Solar Dynamics rang and made an appointment for Wayne to drop in and discuss what options I had ... Wayne was excellent gave me a few options and suggested which way I should go as I already had a 1.9 KW which was installed in 2012 ... Wayne suggested to leave the existing alone and put another 6.48 KW with Fronius Smart Meter to limit export to the grid to 5 KW ... gave Wayne the go ahead on a Friday afternoon and it was installed in less than two weeks ... the installers were prompt, courteous and did a great job ... Annette at Solar Dynamics did all the background paperwork ... also setup the account at Fronius ...
The system comprises of the following:
24 x 270 Watt Canadian Solar panels, 12 facing East and 12 facing West
1 x 5 KW Fronius Inverter
1 x Fronius Smart Meter
Plus I still have the original setup which in total now gives me 8.38 KW ....
I thoroughly recommend Solar Dynamics ... now all I need is for the Melbourne weather to improve

Solar Quotes is really a great site to find what's what regarding solar ... kudos to Finn and his team
Can't fault solar dynamics Wayne knew his stuff . The installer was very good . And the installation does exactly what I wanted it to .
I would recommend them to family and friends
Solar Dynamics are very professional and a pleasure to deal with. A big thank you must go to solar quotes for there very help full web page and recommendations Show additional information
One installer sent an online quote only, no phone contact.

Second installer only made contact via email, did not bother to make a phone call even to cancel an appointment for the next day, cancelled by email.
Of the three companies that did site visits and provided quotes, Solar Dynamics provided the most comprehensive feedback. Wayne patiently and clearly answered my list of many questions and provided recommendations based upon my preferences. Within two weeks of accepting the quote and paying a deposit, Dave with assistants installed the system in one day, even with a delay for rain. When finished, they left no mess. Annette registered the inverter and provided clear information on how to set up online solar power monitoring. Most of the required paperwork was submitted to our electricity retailer by Solar Dynamics, with only the retail contract to be completed by myself. The system was inspected within two weeks of installation, and within a further week, we began being compensated for feeding excess power into the grid. We did have an existing Smart meter. On the United Energy website, I can now monitor electricity consumed and fed back into the grid. Although my wife and I both work full time, where possible we have moved our electricity consumption to the period when we are generating solar electricity. One month after installation, our electricity consumed from the grid has reduced by 46%, and this is in August. I have been extremely impressed with all aspects of Solar Dynamics, from the initial consultation, to the installation and the followup service, and would strongly recommend them to anyone considering installing solar electricity. Show additional information
At this stage the system was installed today Show additional information
Waiting on installation date! Show additional information
Good quote no BS , very patient with us in our procrastination over going ahead . But once decided every thing went smoothly the installation which was very difficult high pitched roof middle of winter 3 stories high colour bond slippery. The 2 electricians worked their ass off all day getting 28 panels up and all the electrics done - in my house not easy - electrical inspector was most impressed with the difficult job and commented that these guys did an unbelievable job in that he could not see the wires ie well hidden.. Tested A1 now arranging "Lumo" to get us onto the grid - appears electricity companies don't like you going solar looking for every little excuse to delay the inevitable but Solar Dynamics Warned me and are guiding through this finial stage. Unit appears to be functioning well even middle of winter producing 3.5 KW/Hr middle of the day.
Also minimal visual impact from the street and for neighbours. Happy Happy Happy.
Have learned from the Electrical Inspector that he's worked with the installer (100% Electrics - Nunawading) for 8 years and they have never had anything but a +ve report. I also found them to be efficient, thorough and careful in their work. The supplier, Solar Dynamics, came to my house to complete an assessment and then gave me a three-options quote and then discdussed the ramifications associated with each before I made my decision. Follow-up assistance has been excellent. Show additional information
Everything about Solar Dynamics was fantastic. Personal service, great explanation which system to buy and why, best price, prompt in every way. Highly recommended.

The biggest drawback with the whole process is that it is over 4 weeks and the Inspector of the system STILL has not forwarded the documentation to allow me to receive the feedin tarrif!! Very annoying and frustrating. I have emailed Dynamic a couple of times, always receive a prompt reply, and explanation. They are following this up AGAIN. Thanks
I would recommend Solar Dynamics. Good advice and tips. Friendly service. My only reason for a lower score on the installation was a hiccup with the mounted location of the Inverter. An unforseen error I guess they couldn't get the cables to the first location so had to remount it to a second location leaving 3 dynabolts and two cable holes that are not very visible.
Other than that its all good!
Actually the system will be installed in two days ie on Friday. The system is a 4.59 KW PV system and we are paying $6,200 for it. Show additional information
I had Solar Dynamics quote me on replacing my hot water service with a heat pump, upgrading my switchboard and installing solar panels. Wayne turned up on time a knew what he was talking about (he suggested the heat pump).

Their plumber did a great job.

Their electrician did a poor job on the switchboard. Circuit breakers not labelled. Lights in the garage no longer work. Open ducts. Still have not received a certificate of electrical safety. Electrician not returning my calls. Buyer beware I suppose.

Off to Energy Safe Victoria to try to have the issues addressed.

Obviously, I have decided not to use them for the solar installation.
It is a little early to give rating correctly as I'm not connected to the grid yet, but so far all is working! Show additional information
Wayne was very helpful and explained everything in "Laymans Terms" so I could understand everything. Great service back up and support offered after installation. Show additional information
Knowledge of AUSNET installation processes and procedures were extremely helpful. Show additional information
A friend has just asked me about my experience as she is planning to install a Solar system, I had no hesitation in recommending Solar Dynamics Show additional information
Excellent company to deal with Show additional information
Excellent explanations and advice re system choices.
Excellent follow-up and after installation support.
Very happy so far (it has only been a few weeks).