Sungold Solar

Sungold Solar Reviews

4.7

Based on 119 ratings  - Aus Ranking

Sungold Solar was founded with a mission to deliver cost effective clean energy solutions to residential and commercial clients in Australia. With decades of experience in the solar energy industry and electrical power systems, we are well equipped to serve you. Sungold Solar brings together an intimate knowledge of solar technology with creative financing mechanisms to deliver a product that will meet your energy goals and save you money. We are committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewers report paying: $2,700 - $7,325 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Sungold Solar Reviews (119)

Hyundai Solar

Inverter Brand

Efficient installation and good service

All three were very good and was a really tough Choice. Went with the best price and fastest installation. The ones we did not choose were also very informative and professional.
The only thing is we weren't aware of the added cost of $700 for the meter upgrade even though we had sent photos of everything but accept the explanation as was too late to back out.
Yes they helped with grid connections.

Hide Rebecca's Comment

Sungold was great

Sales process was very helpful and informative. Installation on a new build was good, neat and tidy. Only issue was the installer did not install separate holders for the solar circuit breakers as is supposed to happen, and instead used the empty holders my electrician had placed for the other circuits in the house. Had to pay my electrician to fix it up.
Hide Aidan's Comment

Trina

Excellent - Very Professional Installation

I am very satisfied from start to finish with SunGold Solar. They were very straight forward and upfront with their quotation.
Their Installer and his team were very polite, courtious, helpful, neat and tidy and very professional with the installation ... It took them 6 hours from start to finish and commissioning of the system and they did a full cleanup all over on completion of the job.
Sungold Solar also organised the grid connection after installation and I am very happy with their customer and after sale service.... prompt and friendly.
I would recommend Sungold Solar to anyone who is looking for good professional and troublefree Installation within quoted price.
Hide Saeed's Comment

2/5

Original Review on 26-07-2020:

Recommend

Chose sungold over local installers as price was around 2000 cheaper for same system system was installed when they said it would be and installer was very professional and done a neat job no cables lying over roof etc after sales service has been great so far and they return calls promptly special thanks to sam for setting up the wifi monitoring for me even though I haven’t figured out how to use it yet

Follow Up Review on 06-04-2021:

System has reduced my power bill by 85% so I’m extremely happy with that result however after sales service with sungold was poor I received an email from fronius saying something like power output was too high I was working away at the time and not knowing what that meant I was worried about the possibility of a fire after recent events in the media so called sungold and spoke to receptionist who advised she would have someone call me back that was October last year and I still haven’t received a call from sungold
Hide Rodney 's Comment

Almost excellent but ...

I was not present for the installation but did all the negotiating etc in the lead up. Anisul was great to work with. He was professional, polite, communicative and gave the impression of being very down to earth and genuine. The installation went very smoothly: turned up on time, efficient, polite, professional and competent. I would rate solar gold 5 stars except that one or two of the installers were smokers and the tenants on the property had to pick up cigarette buts around the property after they left. Further, this was a rural installation and you don't flick cigarette butts in the bush. That was the only unsatisfactory element in the whole process. Thankyou Anisul for an otherwise seamless process from go to wo.
Hide Mark's Comment

Good people, fast delivery

The sales process was easy. The installation went smoothly. Their customer service was really good. They helped us change the power connection to 3-phase.
Hide Raihan's Comment

Qualified installer

The quoting process was very simple nothing hidden , whatever mentioned was installed without any fuss,
The people who installed were very nice and cooperative, work was neat and tidy and on time , after finishing they cleaned up all the mess.
The after service was prompt they helped with the grid connections and set up WiFi.
I definitely recommend SunGold Solar.
Hide Murli's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent!!! Quick installation and good customer service

Highly recommended
All done within 24 hrs of the first contact.
(Quote, installation of the PV system, and connection) thay helpd to setup solar web app and inverter warranty registration.
All working fantastic.
Special thanks to Mr Syed.

Hide Thomas's Comment

Very Happy

We were impressed by the efficiency of the installation and very happy with the system.
Hide Margaret's Comment

Good service

Sungold solar service was good from start to finish. Although, I’m still waiting for my smart meter from my energy supplier, it was all organised by Syed (Sam) so I had nothing to do. His service was very good and friendly and not pushy at all. The installation team were fantastic friendly and professional as well. The layout was slightly different to the one proposed as they had issues with my sealing at the back of the house so only 35 (of 36) panels were installed. I was compensated for that. The install took a little longer than planned due to inclement weather but was all done after 2 days. Payment was flexible as I paid a deposit using my credit card and cheque for final payment and there were other methods of payment available. We are lucky enough to have 3 phase power so I bought 13.2kw (12.9kw now with one less panel) of longi panels with Fronius 10kw inverter. Price was reasonably good but certainly not the cheapest. I paid just under $7000 but some cheaper panel and inverter systems were $5000. I have no hesitation in recommending Sungold solar for good service products and installation.
Hide John's Comment

3/5

Cost

Canadian Mono Half Cut Panels (Other)

Original Review on 30-06-2020:

We have had a mixup with placement of solar panels but hoping to get that rectifed shortly

Sales/quoting good profesional
Installation polite punctual, tidy. Have had a miscomunication with panel placement between sales and installer hope to have rectified shortly
Sungold have lodged with AGL for grid connection

Follow Up Review on 06-03-2021:

System is holding up and performing well to date (no more power bills)
Hide Paul's Comment

Great installer - very efficient

The install was very quick and efficient, and dealing with Sungold was great - very responsive.
The quoting was responsive, and very happy with the price.
Quality of install was good too.

Hide Doug's Comment

Can recommend

Very quick and easy to deal with the had all my answers. Great with helping set up WiFi. Would recommend
Hide Matthew's Comment

Very happy customer

My experience with Sungold Solar was excellent from start to finish. Every thing from getting the quote, to installation, to organising connection to the grid went without a hitch. I was very impressed with their customer service and workmanship. The team that did the installation were punctual, very polite and respectful. I would highly recommend Sungold Solar to anyone considering getting Solar Power for their home or business.
Hide Tracy's Comment

JA Solar

Great service all around

Fantastic service. Basically I didn’t have to do anything. As soon as I got Syed‘s mobile number and called him, he was very quick to reply and Very helpful. The quote he gave me was unbeatable. Because I got quotes from other companies and nobody could beat it for the system he installed. Syed organised everything all I hade to do is to pay. Already more than ten people asked me for his number. I highly recommend Sungold Solar for anyone interested in installing solar system.
Hide Jasim's Comment

3/5

Inverter Brand

Good price and balance of system quality to match

The salesman Ameer was very nice and friendly plus professional. He helped us learn solar energy facts and encouraged us to investigate further.

Post signing into agreement some other parts of the customer service isn't so good. I got a call asking if I would like to continue to go with their offered system and was being given further quotes.

Notice around when installation was to occur and process wasn't very good I was suddenly given a couple of days notice.

Installation was done quickly, on-time and neat and tidy, people came were friendly and professional.

They have organised to have the energy company update the meter for solar.

Overall at times I questioned if we should have gone with them. But in the end it seems OK and happy with the system so far.
Hide Edward's Comment

Trina

Solid installation

Very quick delivery and installation. Good communication. Installers were quick and neat. A section of external conduit, could easily have been run in cavity for better appearance.
Hide Greg's Comment

Quick Installation

Installation was done within 2 days. Broken roof tiles were replaced quickly, when I brought it to their attention.
Hide A's Comment

Inverter Brand

Excellent solar installation and customer service

Bought Solar system through Sungold Solar. Their quoting process was smooth and the salesperson was knowledgeable and friendly. They were in touch regularly throughout the process from quoting to installation. They were quite flexible in terms of listening to our concerns and working around it. Since i had several small roofs facing north and spaced intermittently, sungold solar was still happy to spread out the panels to all the other north facing roofs even though they were not side by side so that we benefit out of it. Which i think is thoughtful and customer focused service. The system has been installed quite well and neatly and they cleaned up after finishing the Job. I would definitely recommend them.
Hide Dilson's Comment

$10,000 to $12,500

Hanwha Q-Cells

Inverter Brand

Aa Ethical and Professional Solar Installer!

After researching for several months and using the Solar Quotes site to look for potential suppliers, we ended up committing with Sungold Solar for several reasons:
1. During the quoting/information request stage, I found this company, especially Anisul one of their team extremely professional, totally transparent, not pushy and very patient in answering all our questions. We made over 6 changes based on his advice and we were very happy with the information he provided.
2. I benchmarked over 5 installers (including 3 from Solar Quotes) and Sungold provided the best value for money for the System we wanted.
3. The installation process was prompt, well handled, the communication was timely and professional and the actual installation went off without a hitch. The team made sure we were comfortable with the new system and the left the premises tidy without even breaking a roof tile!
I highly recommend Sungold Solar due to their ethics, value for money and the professionalism shown in the installation and communication process.

Hide Emmanuel's Comment

Fantastic work!!

Great job very professional and thorough work, system is working really well.
Hide Anish's Comment

QCells (Other)

Inverter Brand

Sungold Solar - great service!

Offered best price on quality panels and inverter. Excellent customer service and very responsive.
Thanks to the team - Anisul, Belal and Sam!
Hide Jackie's Comment

Very good service

Five stars for all of them.
I used them out of a recommendation from a friend. It might be because of it, they did the installation without even asking for a deposit. I was quite surprised though because I wasn't in a hurry to install the system at all.
Overall, the service is pretty good. My electricity provider asked for a slightly different document from maybe the default one, so I had to do some following up in terms of changing the smart meter for my house between Sungold and my electricity provider.
Overall, I'd like to recommend this service to anyone who is considering installing a solar system.
Hide Nancy's Comment

Cost

Quick and very friendly installers!

Sales person wasn't too pushy, guided me to the right product. Installation was tidy and looks great. Great customer service and organised the grid connection and new meter.
Hide Adam's Comment

Growatt

Helpful and quick service

Job was completed without any dramas. Constant communication between installers and myself updating the process. Excellent customer service explaining usage and how system works. Recommend for potential customer wanting to install solar power.
Hide Joe's Comment

Sun gold solar

Anisul and his team did A fantastic job
Had A slight problem with the meter but they were really good kept coming back until it was resolved recommend them to anyone very good people to deal with and not pushy the job was done well
Thanks a lot
Hide Anthony's Comment

Great Experience

Provided a competitive quote. I had my system up and going in half a day, only a week after accepting the quote. Even
got a Fronius Smart Meter that allows me to monitor my power usage
Hide Joel's Comment

Excellent service highly recommend

The team was not pushy with the sale. They were very fair with the price. The team fine a excellent job installing my system. Explained everything to me in detail. I would highly recommend sun gold solar to anyone thinking of installing a solar system
Hide Stephen's Comment

Inverter Brand

Would recommend this team for a good solar install

Anisul, Sam, Bilal and their team were professional and reliant from the get go. They don't employ pressuring sales tactics and walk you through your options detailing all the pros and cons. We had a slight hiccup on the installation day where the installers did not have the right layout to install but Sam and his team handled it professionally and we were back on track soon. I was walked through my installed inverter they helped me get it setup on my phone too so I can track how much I'm generating.

I would recommended sungold solar for a a good end to end solar install.
Hide Shiveen's Comment

Inverter Brand

Sungold Solar exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond in terms of their service

Great service in terms of sales pitch- not pushy at all. Answered all my numerous questions before and after installing and payment.
Competitive pricing too

Hide Anna's Comment

Enphase

Inverter Brand

Wounderful job done by SunGold solar

From beginning to the end SunGold solar done the excellent job .

Fantastic customer service and communications.

Installation done on time and very professionally.

Jordan and his crew were excellent. Very polite and explain the job beforehand as like a dentist.

After the job done they take away all the rubbish and useless,

Highly recommend SunGold solar.

I am quite sure , everyone would be happy with SunGold solar.

Hide Ifrat's Comment

REC

Inverter Brand

Fantastic Customer Service and great, quality installation for a great price

I engaged Sungold Solar for a quote for a 6.6kw system and Anisul looked after us very well. He quoted us for a high quality system consisting of a Fronius 5.0kw inverter and REC panels at a great price and was able to provide us with a number of payment options that worked well. Any questions we had were promptly answered by Anisul and he was friendly and informative throughout the process.
We scheduled an installation time through Sam who was really easy to work with and came up with a time that suited us.
On installation day Belal and his team of three came out and did an amazing job and performed a very clean install that was very non-intrusive and to our requirements. Belal checked with me about any specific requests such as where I wanted the inverter installed and helped me to perform the wi-fi setup, registration and configuration of the inverter to my phone so that I could monitor my solar performance and connected our system to the electricity grid. They also installed the stainless steel shielding over the top of the isolator covers as I had requested as you can see from the photos. Belal and his team were very friendly, courteous and professional and spent most of the day doing the installation which was a remarkable effort, considering that it was 32 degrees on the day.
As part of the post-service follow up, Sam checked in with me to inform that they would contact our energy provider to arrange the feed in tariffs and gave me some tips as well. The system is also working very well and at times is operating at over 100% efficiency.
We are very happy with the install and highly recommend Sungold Solar for your solar needs.

Hide Rod's Comment

$0 to $2,000

Very professional installation

I was impressed with the salesman who was very factual in his explanations of the system and financial details. The installer phoned twice to confirm time of work. They were punctual and impressive in explaining what was to happen.
their work was of high standard and very tidy. Connection to the grid was made and operation explained.
Hide Brian's Comment

Sunpower

Original Review on 16-03-2020:

informative, excellent onsite inspection and quote

Dave was great with quote and explaining install and how different ways of installing will benefit me.
Staff in the office are also great to be dealing with.
Informative and polite.

Follow Up Review on 19-11-2020:

Yes it has.
It was suggested at the time of the quote that splitting the system so that i have half the panels facing north and the rest facing west would lengthen my yield time.
We fitted it and am very happy for the advice as I am still producing well into the late afternoon.
I am extremly happy with sungold and their whole crew.
Thanks for the opportunity to thank sungold solar and yourselfs for all the advice and help. Bob
Hide Robert's Comment

Inverter Brand

Sungold service above and beyond. Highly recommended!

From the initial contact to the 'after inspection', I was very impressed with everyone I came into contact with at Sungold Solar.
I had already done my research on Solar power and was thinking about installing it but hadn't got around to getting any quotes when Aamer knocked on my door.
He was very informative and not pushy at all. I then googled Sungold Solar and was confident they would do a good job but felt I should get a few other quotes too. None were as competitive as Sungold, nor did I feel the level of confidence I felt with Sungold.

Throughout the whole process, the Sales people at Sungold were incredibly polite, and no amount of questions (and there were plenty!) were too many.
Once I paid my deposit the installation went ahead very quickly.

The installers were also very efficient and had the very neatly installed panels were finished within two half days. The installer then at my request kindly showed me how to download the Isolar app, to track the Solar power into my home.
A day or so after the job had been completed, Aamer dropped by to check it was all working properly.
Thanks Aamer and team - a great job well done!
Hide Anna's Comment

Nice job

Very competitive price and got it installed within a week after paying deposit. Happy to do another review in a few months and share the results.
Hide Yuming's Comment

Great communication all round

Was easy to communicate with everyone, sales rep wasn't pushy, we got all the information a personal visit too Which is great to see the person. Installation guys nice too
Hide Jessica's Comment

Inverter Brand

Very professional and extremely efficient.

The service from the outset was professional and follow up was really consistent with all questions answered very prompt.
We have no complaints very happy customers.
I would highly recommend!!
Hide Helen's Comment

Solis (Ningbo Ginlong)

Received 100% service

After numerous discussions with several solar companies Sungold was able to meet all my requirements at the best value and where the only company offering to come and meet in person to explain the whole process. Installation was on time, completed efficiently and in a few hours. Customer service has been excellent and they also organised the grid connection with my energy retailer so I didn't have to do a thing.
Hide Joe's Comment

Inverter Brand

fast efficient and easy to deal with

Sungold understood my requirements, provided timely quotes and made whole process easy.
Installation was punctual and on time
We replaced an old 3Kw system with 10.1Kw panels and 8.1kW fronius inverter. Time taken to explain how to use functions of the inverter web app,

Hide John's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good team, Brilliant job.

Great team work. I had 6.66kw system from sungold. After negotiated very affordable price, they can put solar on my roof within a week. Brilliant service, highly recommended.
Hide Kyi's Comment

Inverter Brand

Good communication and fast installation

From initial point of contact to installation it was generally fast and efficient.
Contractors were good and on time - took about a day and a half for completion.
Just waiting for grid connection now which is not scheduled until the 20th October however that is out of the suppliers control.
Plus we just need to figure out how to connect this to the wifi.
Hide Elizabeth's Comment

Great Installer.

Happy with the entire process. Made things very clear. Not pushy at all. Prompt communication. Good installation and friendly staff.
Hide Sherry's Comment

Fantastic solar provider

Good customer service, good installation with in days, value for money, Quality system.
Hide Basil's Comment

Cost

The best service and very flexible

Very good customer service and very friendly people and work is very neat
Hide Anandan's Comment

Efficient installation

After getting many quotes for our new solar system, we decided to go with Sungold Solar. We could not be happier with this decision. The system was installed very quickly with little fuss and they arranged the smart meter. It was such an easy process. We would highly recommend Sungold.
Hide Carol's Comment

More Than 10 years of Experience

Was looking for an experienced solar installation people. I got it and great service and on time installation no dramas. Thank you so much and strongly recommend Solargold for your solar needs.

Hide Boban's Comment

Inverter Brand

Fantastic service before and after, very reliable

Anyone requiring solar, go with Sungold you will see the service given by Islam and Sam. Price was excellent!!
Keep up the good work and service.

Hide Arthur's Comment

Satisfied with excellent service

After getting several offer from few different companies, I went to Sungold Solar. Sales Quote process was very easy and they provided me with the choices of the Inverter and Panels. Planned initially for a 6.6KW with Froneus Inverter and Suntech panel, but ended up with 10KW Froneus and 36 Canadian Solar panels. Anisul was not pushy at all and very politely answered all my questions time to time before making the final decision. Electricians came on the appointment day and installed properly with no damages on the roof. Grid connection request was done on time after the installation.
So far, very good experience up until now. I would definitely recommend to my friends and families for Sungold.
Hide Iftekharul's Comment

REC

Inverter Brand

Quick turnaround and good service.

Good sales service, not pushy at all and also provided all the necessary information. End to end a pleasant experience.
Hide Jun's Comment