SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology, solar power, Air conditioning and overhead and underground Powerline Construction and High Voltage Electrical for Energex, Ergon and Essential Energy networks.

We directly import solar products which gives us a competitive price point and the ability to control the supply and quality of the products we install.

SAE Group is a multi award winning company and a Master Electrician, we are working to make Australia 100% renewable and supply quality products at a competitive price.

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

From our first meeting with the company rep to the electricians who completed the installation, the SAE Group gave us every confidence that we were dealing with a firm which would carry out all that had been promised. Show additional information
Great sales representative. I asked not to be sold to, rather to discuss the pros and cons of various options, which he was happy to oblige.

Once I signed the contract and paid the deposit, the system was on my roof a week later. I did, however, have to chase the administration staff for them to confirm receipt of the contract and deposit monies. Once I did this the install date was advised (to be two days later).

Installation contractors were late arriving on the day of installation. When I called their office to confirm I hadn't made a mistake on the date or time a message was taken and I was advised my call would be returned (this came the following afternoon).

The install itself took place while I wasn't on site, unfortunately, it looks like no effort was made to route cabling through the timber-clad stud wall, rather a conduit was run from the ceiling to the isolation switches and inverter. Not a big deal, but for the extra effort it would have looked a lot tidier.
System has not been connected to grid, so cannot see how well it works. Suspect I may have a minor problem since I installed a 3 phase system to accommodate the air conditioning system, but not convinced it is on the correct connection as we have two different power boxes. Show additional information
I was very happy I choose SAE Group for our solar panels. They were very helpful in guiding me through the solar process and finding what best suited our family needs.
The salesperson and the team installing the system were great, and I was happy supporting an Australian business and doing my part for the environment. I really can see the value in the panels, and consider it money well spent. I definitely would recommend investing in solar panels and using this company.
Salesman John Cook was a pleasure to deal with, had his own recommendations and listened to what we wanted with size and price.
Energy output has exceeded expectations, install team prompt and professional, communication great.
Being a local, established business was also a factor in our choice.
While I have committed to buy a system it is yet to be installed. Show additional information
Installation went ahead without a hitch. On a cloudless day the panels are generating just shy of 35 kw per day which exceeds our expectations, so very pleased. On a cloudy day about 26 kw is the lowest ive seen so far . Ive noticed other people have mentioned Sungrow Inverters can be noisy, the one we have is completely silent, so overall i am very happy cheers Show additional information
I highly recommend SAE Group to anyone looking for a Solar system and ducted air conditioning. Having just built, I recently engaged SAE for the Solar & Ducted AC. Price wise they weren't the cheapest or the most expensive - quality was of the utmost importance and SAE have delivered on every aspect.
The whole process was seamless, the staff were very professional, completely honest and upfront making the process from start to finish outstanding.
I found everyone we dealt with at SAE Group to be knowledgeable and competent and completely understanding given the million and one questions I had.
The ducted AC works a treat and kept us cosy on those few cool nights this winter. The solar system looks amazing and is working great. I haven't had a bill yet (though I am super excited to see one). With the monitoring I purchased I can see I am 100% self-sufficient every day between 6am and 6pm plus I am constantly exporting 5kW every hour to offset my service charges and hopefully most of my night time usage.
Waiting on energex to come and take their equipment and to sign off Show additional information
We contacted several solar people and SAE were the only ones to turn up. Mark Chandler came out and explained the system its output and any other details we needed to know we were very impressed with his professional approach. We were kept informed regarding the installation, govt grants etc. When the two men turned right on time to install our system they were so very nice and all went well also they were very neat and tidy. We are so happy were are averaging 29 kws at the present time. They were so professional from start to finish we would highly recommend them. Pam and Murray Show additional information
Mark the salesman was friendly and efficient - he answered all my questions (and there were lots!) immediately sometimes even at 10pm! He also went through the other quotes for me and explained how his quote differed and he even beat a competitors price by a substantial amount to get my business.

Once we signed the contract installation was relatively quick - I think Essential Energy held things up a little. Unfortunately the STC rate changed and that meant we had to pay a bit more for the system than originally quoted but that was clearly in the contract and was to be expected with the rate fluctuating so much recently - just wish we had got in earlier!!

The office staff were friendly and responsive and the installation team were fantastic - quick and professional, extremely polite and punctual!

We are now waiting on our Net Meter (again waiting for Essential Energy I think) but are not too worried as the electricity generated by the panels is winding back our meter every day and effectively earning us 30 cents per kilowatt anyway!

Once word of warning - the contract stated that we had to go to the manufacturer for any warranty claims whilst the salesman said we would go to SAE for any warranty claims - I asked for the contract to be amended and suggest anyone else do the same. I think it's a standard contract but it really should reflect what the salesperson is saying!

Overall a great supplier - very happy and have already recommended to others.
My experience from SAE to-date has been nothing but positive, I could not fault either their initial salesman, their installers, or the admin and office staff who assisted us on each visit.
Thank you all very much.
Was happy with price installation ect but when it came to aftersales service it is awful I was promised a free service and have been waiting over 20 months yes 20 months so if you live out a bit consider your local bloke Show additional information
They monitor our solo all the time from office at Tweed Heads Show additional information
We have had the best, professional service and I would highly recommend them. Damian had so much patience explaining everything to us. The installers were really pleasant, introduced themselves and had smiles on their faces. We will definitely recommend them to others. Show additional information
I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this company Show additional information
All 3 companies that were suggested called me within 3 days, & 2 of the 3 came to the property for onsite meeting & inspection of roof space. My meeting with SAE sales rep provided the most comprehensive information & good follow up. All my questions were answered with patience, respect & clarity. I was kept informed by the company every step of the way. Installation has just been completed. Show additional information
Wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive for a 6.27KW system.
Installed when was told it would happen. Installers very polite, friendly and willing to answer the questions I had.
Service has been very good as was having a problem with voltage limits, engineer came out and changed setting on Inverter and no issues since then. Engineer was also very helpful and learnt a lot of useful information from him about the 5KW Fronius Inverter I have.
Installers did a great job Show additional information
We were just having some repairs carried out to an existing system and chose SAE Group because they were recommended, and so glad we did after experiencing and hearing of other dodgy operators. The prompt no fuss, no frills approach by admin, together with the excellent service provided by their knowledgeable and experienced technician was a breath of fresh air and made for a pleasant experience.

As this service was for repairs only, I obviously didn't purchase a fully installed system from SAE Group as indicated below when I clicked in the certify box. This action was just to progress the review.
The company has excellent follow up and made me feel confident dealing with them. Show additional information

Thanks for review Peter. All the best with your energy production. Show additional information

Thank you for your review Show additional information

Thanks for the review Show additional information
We've had the panels installed since 3rd May, but Energex have not done the connection. Energex said they were busy with numbers of installations in our area and committed to doing the job on or before 1st June. The clock's ticking...
The SAE sales person, who does not have a technical background was nonetheless very good and answered all our questions authoritatively and thoroughly. He clearly knew his stuff and was thoughtful, respectful and helpful.
SAE offered us only good quality componentry and at a competitive price. They planned the installation well and communicated effectively. The installation went well: on time, no broken tiles, nothing damaged, no mess and paperwork put in to Energex promptly.
We've not yet had any generation, no fault of the installer, our grid supplier is yet to do their work.
All up, very happy with SAE.

Thanks for the glowing feedback Mr Rodgers :) Show additional information
The installers changed the position of some of the panels to what was shown on the plan given by the salesman. They said the different position would make very little difference to the output of the system. So far for the 5kW capability of the system, the highest output I have seen on the digital readout on the inverter is 2.7kW.

Thanks or your feedback Graham, please check the results on a day of full sun between 11am and 2 pm. If you have any concerns of the results please contact your rep to discuss. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Show additional information

Thanks for your review, very much appreciated. Show additional information

Thanks for your feedback Show additional information
Derek did a fantastic job, very helpful and spent the time to ensure the APP worked well. Have passed on details to several friends

Thanks John, we really appreciate the feedback, I will pass this onto Derek. Show additional information
We have only had the system operational since April 2017 & so far we are quite impressed, but we ordered it & paid a deposit in July 2016 & we think the installation time was quite slow & we found it quite frustrating that once we paid the deposit we were never kept informed along the way of proposed installation updates we had to contact them to find out what was happening, Vincent who owns the company said he was having problems getting good quality installers & there was a change of regulations concerning the Inverters so that held things up & so forth but in fairness he now has 2 extra people in the office to help with customer service. When Vincent came out to finalise everything regarding the solar system after it was all installed he was very good, his view was at the end of the day having people being happy with their system was number one priority.
The sales person Steve who came out to us in the beginning was excellent & very thorough we were quite impressed with him.

Hi John and Raelene, this review is for SAE Group not 888. Can you please alter it to show the review on SAE Groups installation professionalism only. We do not have anything to do with customer service or installation lead times associated with 888 as we are only contracted for the installation. Show additional information

thanks for your review Show additional information

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
A bit hard to provide too much feedback as part of will depend on upcoming electricity bills to ensure it is value for money. However the sales person, company and installers were all very good.

Thanks for the review! I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with your savings. Show additional information

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
we are very satisfied with the service they provided, from the salesperson - Mr Paul Rykse to the installation team. they are very professional, helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
SAE provided Seraphim Eclipse solar panels. After looking at your review and noting that hey did not have an office in Aus., I was careful in reading the contract [being a retired lawyer]. The salesman had assured us that, as your article pointed out, SAE would carry any warranty claims. However, the contract we were presented with said that SAE would only be responsible for products it designed and manufactured and undertook to "process" any warranty claims to the manufacturer. I did not believe that this contract placed any responsibility on them except to forward any warranty claim to China - I figured I could do that. I declined to sign and the contract was amended to include a clause that SAE would attend to repairing or replacing any warranty claim materials. They claimed that the contract was about to be reviewed and thanked me for my input but I suggest that other customers check it carefully - in particular clauses 6.5 and 6.6

Thank you for high ranking review. Appreciated.
I understand T&C's can be a little convoluted at times. I would like to assure you that it is not the intention for SAE Group to divest its responsibility in managing any warranty claim on your behalf. The purpose of the two clauses you mention were intended to relate to other liabilities arising from design flaws or defects of any manufactured goods like Inverters and Solar panels that are not made by us. Similarly other retailers selling tv's, computers, fridges etc would also be reliant, as we are, that the products we purchase from manufacturers in good faith and by their engineering information, warranties supplied, and in the solar industry, by the fact they are CEC listed and approved for Australian use are fit for the purpose intended. However, we cannot be held accountable for unforeseen design or manufacturing flaws and any liability claims associated with that.
SAE Group will always handle any warranty claims and organise shipments and installations on your behalf. This is one of our greatest strengths. As far as the Seraphim Panels go, as we import them the warranty buck rests with us, and we process all claims internally and have no need to seek other approvals from wholesaler suppliers, manufacturers offices or overseas. If its warranty, we replace it on our decision, no fuss.
I will endeavour to have those clauses you mentioned modified to read more succinct to its intended meaning.
I thank you again for your feedback and welcome you to our solar and energy storage community.

Thanks for your review Show additional information
We have only just installed so it is early days but the whole process has been very good so far with SAE.

Thank you for your review Show additional information

Thanks for your review Show additional information
I am happy with them. Been having a few issues with it since installed. They came to fix it we had to wait 3 weeks. Still not sorted but hopefully will be soon.