• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology, solar power, Air conditioning and overhead and underground Powerline Construction and High Voltage Electrical for Energex, Ergon and Essential Energy networks.

We directly import solar products which gives us a competitive price point and the ability to control the supply and quality of the products we install.

SAE Group is a multi award winning company and a Master Electrician, we are working to make Australia 100% renewable and supply quality products at a competitive price.

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Customer service is only marked low as i have had to ph three times to have access to Solar Web to monitor usage and warranty registration. Still unable to access it Show additional information
Their installers showed up on time and the job was completed that day they cleaned up everything it was like they were never here they spent 30 mins or more explaining how it works and how to use the app on the phone to make sure I’m getting the most out of my system I would recommend sae group to any one looking for solar Show additional information
James (salesperson) was very helpful and reacted well to all my questions and requests for different options. Installation was fantastic, the guys were great: fast, clean, neat. Very happy. Show additional information
They were not pushie in trying to make a sale in fact one part I was going to go with a system that was quite expensive they pointed out because of our age and a few other things there was no reason to spend that amount of money I felt very much at ease with them we talked it over after a week or so we rung them and said we were ready to go ahead

Hi Linda, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Great to hear we delivered an exceptional experience for you from start to finish. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information
Not yet installed. Installation due mid to end of April.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information

Had bad weather when SAE turned up on the first day,they were great,kept us informed on what they were doing (internal stuff). SAE came back after 3 weeks due to heavy rain, installed the panels on the roof, gave easy instructions via iPad. A 27 day wait from essential energy to change the meter.Very happy and would recommend SAE group to family and friends.

Hi Raymond, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Great to hear we delivered an exceptional experience for you from start to finish. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Hope you're enjoying great savings with your solar system. Show additional information
I had a huge problem with communication with SAE and would not recommend them based on the service. In the end the Marketing and PR manager talked to me after my letter of complaint (see below) and gave me a $200 voucher based on all the time I had wasted. I signed the contract on 27th October and only started generating power on the 2nd March - i.e. 4 months later!!

e-mail to SAE on 14th Jan:

Hi Brodie,

As discussed on Thursday I have been very disappointed with the service from SAE.

Here is the summarised timeline of what has happened just to give a background:

27/10/2017 Signed acceptance of contract
28/11/2017 Contacted to confirm Solar install date
13/12/2017 Solar panel install - due to delays (see below) Electrician is unable to complete the job of rewiring the switchboard.
26/12/2017 Discover leak in Bedroom and find a cracked tile - Replace tile to avoid further damage.
04/01/2018 Switchboard rewired but installer did not put in hot water timer.
17/01/2018 - Planned install of HW timer

This is only part of the story - my main problem is the complete lack of communication from anyone. Pete Moran [Salesman] has been the only one that has shown good communication skills and service when I have contacted him.

This gives some idea of what it was like (I have made 16 calls in total to find out what is happening since I signed the contract)

I got no communication after accepting the contract on the 27/10 despite your document saying I would be called to welcome me and give a timeline of work.
On the 6/11 (12:14pm) I called the company up to ask what was happening - I was told that the scheduling dept would be in contact to let me know.
On the 21/11 I still had not heard anything so I rang again (via Pete Moran as the office was not giving me any useful info)- this time I was told that SAE were waiting for a shipment from china for the 330W solar panels which was due in the next few days and I would be contacted after their arrival to arrange installation.
Finally on the 28/11 I was given an installation date on the 13/12.
On 13/12 installers came - on inspecting the agreed layout (attached) of the panels they said it was not possible due to the west facing circuit having too many solar panels (13) where the maximum was 10 if I recall correctly. Additionally the panels on the NW of the roof would not fit. Nor would the panels on the South that were rotated 90deg to the normal alignment. Mike and the team were great in coming up with alternatives and after about 2 hours we settled on a E/W configuration which was installed. Due to this delay in work the fusebox update could not be completed.
I was rung up a few days later (don't have a record) to tell me that the Fusebox upgrade and HW timer would be installed on the 22/12
On the 21/12 was rung up to be told that the Electrician could not attend the next day and it had to be rescheduled to the 4/1/2018
26/12 - discover leak in roof and replace tile to avoid any further damage over the holiday. (photo attached)
2/1/2018 at 13:18 ring office to notify the office of the water damage to ceiling. I was told that the person that would deal with this was back at work on the 3/1 and I would be contacted on the 3/1
4/1/2018 Fuse board upgrade complete - however I find out that the HW timer has not been installed. Ring office to notify.
5/1/2018 follow up to ask what is happening about resolving the damage to the ceiling - was told I would be called back (as of today I have still not been contacted)
11/1/2018 12:03 You contact me to arrange the install of the Hot water timer on the 17/1
My [hopefully constructive] feedback on the whole process so far is:

Almost all of the issues could be solved by proper [or any] communication. e.g. had the office rung up and explained that there was a delay in the shipment of the panels and the likely install date would be around mid Dec to early Jan - I would have been happy with that and not had to chase up numerous times and being supplied with little useful information. I think I have been extremely patient and understanding but my patience has run out now that I have not been contacted about the ceiling damage 12 days (and counting) since I informed the office.
In regards to point 4 above - I would suggest that when a contract is signed that an installer checks the layout and if necessary visits the site if there are concerns. In my case this wasted 2 hours of 3 installers time (plus mine - I had to take 1/2 day holiday due to the length of time I had to spend on site) which could have been avoided. It has also meant a lot of money wasted on your side as this also meant there had to be 2 visits to complete the job.
Make the job sheets clearer as the Electrician missed the fact that the HW timer had to be installed.

What I would like answered in writing at this point is:
When the solar panels will actually start producing power. I had been told the process would take a matter of 4-5 weeks - it is now almost 3 months.
Has Energex been informed that the Solar part is complete and they need to replace the meter?
What you are going to do about the damaged ceiling*
Whether I will get a discount off the price due to the amount of time I have wasted chasing up and having to take time off work to attend what should have been a relatively straightforward job.
If you need any more information - please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Pieter.

End of letter

* Note the ceiling issue was fixed at no cost to me on the 24th Jan

Hi Peter, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, I am apologetic that you have had a poor customer service experience with SAE Group thus far. We have taken your constructive feedback on board and will ensure we continue to work on our customer service process. I can confirm we have since changed our new contract process to include our Electrical Project Manager assessing every jobs that comes in, taking particular care when assessing the solar panel layout. We are also conducting regular customer service training for all the admin staff. I see Melissa from our Marketing/PR has provided you with a gift card for your inconvenience and hope that should you have any further questions to please contact the SAE Group office and ask for Caitlyn. I will ensure to answer all your questions. Thank you again for your feed back, we will continue to work on our customer service. Show additional information

Very helpful with customer service

Hi Belinda, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Great to hear we delivered an exceptional experience for you. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information
Due to my living in a Gateway Lifestyle village, we are still waiting on permission to install. As I have now been waiting 6 weeks or so, I'm not sure that I will be going ahead. If not done soon, I will be asking for my $1000.00 deposit back. Not sure who is at fault in this instance, Gateways or electric company

Hi Val, I hope we get this sorted out for you soon. I understand Energex is taking a while to accept the application due to the circumstances of the Gateway Lifestyle Village.
I will have your consultant touch base with you to discuss this further.

The sales and installation team have been great, however the office/admin team have been difficult to contact on many occasions. Some gaps in communication between their departments have made it difficult for us as consumers. All in all though, we have been quite happy with the company and our decision to get solar.

Hi Leah, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for your feed back regarding the customer service you have experienced, at SAE Group we aim to provide a exceptional customer service experience and will forward this through to the admin team for training purposes. Thanks again. Show additional information
SAE group and one other came back to me with quotes but the third business never contacted me.

Not installed yet

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I hope now that the solar system is installed you are satisfied with the installation service you have been provided. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information
I highly recommend this company, knowledgeable, efficient and they actually follow up on their service. Great price for a high quality unit.

Hi Christie, Thanks for your review, As Master electricians, we pride ourselves on our exceptional installations, and we won't put our name to inferior products so we can rest easy knowing our customers have a quality solar solution every time. We love to exceed our customers expectations and are happy you've enjoyed your experience with us. Show additional information
The wrong inverter was sent out to us on installation day, thereby delaying the completion of our installation by another week. There was a further problem when the replacement inverter was installed and we are now waiting for that to be rectified. The system is not yet turned on as we are waiting for the energy company to do their thing with the meter.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review, i will chase this up for you and will call you today to discuss. Show additional information
The team that did the install were great. The 3 tradesmen walked me through what they would be doing and also showed me the system online. Waiting on Origin Energy to switch the meter at the moment. Also waiting to hear back from the SAE Group re connecting the inverter to our IPad so we can monitor it. That’s been the only negative with SAE this far and is only minor and I’m sure they will send us the info soon.

Hi Stewart, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Now that your monitoring is set up we look forward to hearing about your energy savings. Thanks again. Show additional information

Hi Barry, thank you for taking your time to leave a review. Great to hear Peter Stockwell and the SAE Group delivered an exceptional experience for you from start to finish. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings. I'll be sure to let Peter know, thanks again Show additional information
John, the salesman was fantastic. He answered every question we had. He was very knowledgeable and honest. I would recommend the SAE to anyone wanting to install a solar system.

Hi Sue, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Great to hear we delivered an exceptional experience for you from start to finish. We look forward to hearing about your energy savings Show additional information
I am still waiting on AGL to install the new meter I hope I don't pass away waiting for them, system went in pretty quick the electricity authorities have been the hold up

Hi Charlie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I hope AGL dont take too much longer should you need any assistance please contact the SAE Office and we will do everything we can to assist speed this up. Once the system is connected we look forward to seeing your energy savings. Show additional information
SAE group in Toowoomba are second to none, if you are looking for a quality solar provider in town look no further as Craig will take of everything, From the quote to the final Installation was smooth as silk! Couldn't ask for better service.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback, I have to agree with you Craig is one of our best, you're in good hands there. Great to hear you've thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us from start to finish.
SAE are great to deal with! They went above and beyond to get us the best deal! Lovely company to deal with.

Thanks Lydia,

Glad we could assist you.
Since Energex has passed the buck to Alinta to fit the digital meter they have messed me around and still won't fit this till the 1st March ( 5 weeks after being advised) so it still isn't connected. The installers also changed the TV aerial without further costs.

Hi Morrie,

Thanks for your feedback, I am sorry to hear your meter installation has been delayed with the recent changes by the Energy regulator. I hope you're all up and running smoothly now. If we can assist you in anyway please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Hope you're enjoying great savings with your solar system.
Very happy with price, installation and performance. In operation for nearly 3 months (6.6kW system, 5kW inverter) and currently averaging over 30 kWh per day (max 37), even with some late shading.
SAE are a highly professional and well-established outfit, who install good quality equipment at a competitive price. The sales consultant we dealt with (Craig, Brisbane) was very helpful and knowledgeable, and the install team were friendly, efficient and took great care with the panel positioning to maximise exposure.
We have already recommended SAE to others.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your feedback, we pride ourselves on delivering our customers an exceptional experience from start to finish. As Mater Electricians, our team of installers always ensure you're getting the optimum efficiency from your system.

Hi,
Thanks for your review, we hope you're now enjoying your solar solution for the farm.
SAE Group are the most professional company we have dealt with for solar and aircon.
Fantastic service all round, consultant Craig A was awesome. System is working brilliantly, our bill is less than a quarter of what it used to be. Thoroughly recommend.

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for your feedback. We love nothing more than to hear when our customers are saving with their solar system. We Pride our selves on delivering exceptional experience from start to finish. Enjoy!
Can’t rate this company high enough! Great products, Craig A was very knowledgeable, professional and not pushy. Installers were great, respectful of our property and also very professional. Just got our second full 3 Month bill - down from $850 a quarter to $150.. Money well spent. Very happy with our choice.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the great feedback, there is nothing better than slicing our customers' electricity bills! We believe knowledge is power and our team work hard to educate our customers so that you can make the right decision for you. Craig is one of our best.

Hi Belinda,

Great to have you aboard the solar wave, and happy we could be of great service to you.

Hi Scott,

Thanks, Great to see you're now enjoying a quality lean energy solution
It was important to us, as retirees, to get it right. That meant going with a company that we felt would still be around in a few years from now. All of the companies recommended by you seem to meet that criteria.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We understand that no two homes are the same, and because of this we pride ourselves in delivering energy solutions tailored to suit your needs now, and well in to the future as your home and power needs change. So glad we could provide you with a solution that was right for you.

Hi Hugh, Thanks! Glad we could be of service to you. Show additional information

Thanks Ann, hope you're enjoying your SAE solar solution Show additional information
We had the system installed in November which went well. However, we were told we would receive a meter within 2 weeks but we're still waiting 9 weeks later!. Keep trying to contact SAE and am not getting any communication and starting to feel that they're not that interested now they've got their money which they were very clear needed paying on the day of install. I'm wishing I hadn't.

Hi Michael,
I am very sorry this has been your experience with us. I can see your meter is now installed and your system is running well. We are working hard to improve our response times when issues such as the one you've experienced are raised.
SAE Group technician Hemi did an excellent job in installing the solar system. I would certainly recommend them to any one who is interested in a good solar system.

Hi Mario,
Thanks for your review, As Master electricians, we pride ourselves on our exceptional installations, and we won't put our name to inferior products so we can rest easy knowing our customers have a quality solar solution everytime. We're glad you're enjoying yours.
EXCELLENT STAFF AND PRODUCT

Hey Kevin, Thanks for the great review, glad we could be of service Show additional information
The sales person was nice and not pushy. The installers greeted me warmly with a smile.

Although SAE delayed putting the energex Jon through and with the public holidays around Christmas I still don't have a digital net meter installed and can't use my solar system.

Hi Clint, Happy we could be of service to you, unfortunately sometime the meters take longer than we would like and we have little control over this. I can see you are now up and running and enjoying your solar system to power your home. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us. Show additional information
Overall experience was good. Quote was swift and installation was completed on the specified day. The installation team were on time, helpful and friendly and carried out the installation to a high standard - all neat and tidy. Only negative was the delay between quote acceptance and the arrangement of the installation date (took a couple of weeks).

Hi Ross, Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We pride ourselves on delivering our customers with an exceptional experience right through their solar journey. We understand there is some down time following the proposal acceptance and we are working to improve this all the time. Show additional information
We have had our solar system for 4 months now and are very happy. The sales representative, Peter, was very helpful and gave us great advice regarding the system size we needed for our household's needs. In fact, Peter was the only one who discussed future electricity needs with us and advised us to get a bigger system than we had originally intended. We are so pleased we went with his recommendation and are already benefiting from it. We didn't have to wait long for installation day and the install appears solid. They set up all monitoring systems for us and were very helpful when we had follow up questions regarding login details for more detailed monitoring. While we paid slightly more than had we gone with a competitor, we are nonetheless pleased with the product and service we have received from SAE Group to date.

Hi Mandy,
We pride ourselves on delivering our customers with exceptional service. Solar energy is can be quite involved for many of our customers and we understand there is a lot to learn. I'm so pleased you were able to gain so much from Peter, and are now enjoying immediate returns.

Thanks Colin, I hope you're enjoying your new solar energy solution Show additional information

Hi Raz, Thanks for the review, I can see your system is up and running well. If you have any issues please don't hesitate to contact us at any time. Show additional information