SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group Pty Ltd
Platinum Partner
SAE Group Pty Ltd is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

SAE Group are on a mission to switch Australia to solar, one rooftop at a time.

We are passionate about solar because we genuinely believe it’s the better way to power the way we live, work and play.

A wholly owned and operated Australian company, SAE Group are:

• Accredited Master Electricians
  • Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer
  • ISO accredited AS/NZ4801 and ISO 9001 for safety and quality

We are committed to raising the bar when it comes to standards in the solar industry.

SAE Group offer tailored solar solutions designed specifically to match the energy needs of each customer. Our senior energy consultants conduct a thorough energy assessment and onsite measure and quote and provide each customer with a comprehensive proposal ensuring there are no hidden charges or surprise costs later.

We deliver a solid end to end experience from enquiry, to installation and beyond. We are with you every step of the way.

Brisbane Office: 2/8 St Jude Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118

Sunshine Coast Office: 12/43-45 Claude Boyde Pde, Bells Creek 4551

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

Our system has not been installed yet, but the whole process has just been so hard. Communication has been the hardest thing, (bloody hard). I have no doubt that the SAE group have all the technical skills and deal in great products, also, the individual people I have dealt with are all nice people, no complaints there, BUT, they need to sort out the internal communication and customer service.

Then I could write a glowing review, rather than a so so one. I will write another review once the system is installed, hopefully it will be a great review.

Thanks

Hi Grant, we're sorry to see you had a bad experience with us. The lack of communication is unacceptable in any case, and we would like to apologise. We would like to assure you that we are working to improve on this area of our business by continuous training and new processes - and feedback like this helps us to do this. We hope to work towards changing your opinion and hopefully have a better review next time. Show additional information

Efficient, courteous and good value

Sales process was good. Sales representative was friendly and gave a very competitive quote.
Installers were great to deal with and made sure any cracked roof tiles were replaced.
Office staff very efficient and helpful on the phone.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for choosing to partner with SAE Group. We love hearing from our happy customers and are so pleased that everything met your expectations - we have no doubt that you'll already be enjoying the amazing benefits of your new, solar powered home! Thanks again Stephen.

All seems as it should. Hard to review until system is up and running

Installers were polite and punctual. Unfortunately one installer was smoking in our garage which we found very unprofessional, especially with a 2 week old baby inside! Smoking should not even be happening on a customers property.

Hi Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are incredibly sorry to read that this happened - please be assured that we take issues like this very seriously and this has been dealt with.

We have no doubt that you're loving your new solar powered lifestyle and all of the amazing benefits it will bring you and your family for many years to come. Thanks again Jane.

SAE highly recommended

From start to finish, including John in sales through to Serena in admin and the installers. Very professional and helpful. System has been up and running for a few days now and so far so good.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - much appreciated. We are so pleased that you're happy with your new solar system and received fantastic service all round! We will be sure to pass this onto everyone that contributed to your install - positive feedback is always much appreciated. Thanks again Ian.

So easy and helpful

The process of quoting and sorting out what system we needed couldn't have been easier. SAE responded quickly to all our questions and were very helpful through the whole process. Installation was a breeze, and at a time that suited us, and the price was competitive. Very happy.

Hi Zach,
Thanks for the great review and glad we could be of service. Great that you are enjoying your switch to solar.

Technically solid installation, premium hardware, strong intelligence on performance.

This was a very positive experience from start to finish. I obtained a total of six quotes, some were rejected on price others on anticipated level of service, others on technical grounds. I received strong testimonial support from other buyers prior to committing. Service was always extremely good, they have a commitment to being organised and professional in the admin department as well as with the install. Install team was very courteous and professional. Follow up post-install has been strong.

Hi David,
thank you for writing such an awesome review! I can tell you have done the research which is so important when choosing a quality Solar System. Feel free to contact us for any questions.

Quality installation

By far not the cheapest supplier around, but the sales person was knowledgeable, helpful sand provided me with a system that works for my roof. Speedy installation, very neat and professional.

Hi,
thank you for leaving a review. We pride ourselves on our experience in the industry and want our customers to be happy with their high quality Solar lifestyle for years to come. Delighted you have had a great experience with SAE Group. We're sure you'll be enjoying the benefits of your solar powered lifestyle. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch.
All options provided were really good and the representatives were all fantastic and informative with their proposals.
It was a hard choice, but in the end we went with the SunPower panels, so spent a little extra, but the long term math indicates return on investment will be better for longer.

When the installers showed up, they too were very friendly, informative and helpful.

A great experience all round, and the system we chose is performing extremely well.
Too early yet to know what the impact is to our power bills, but the reports from the 5kWh Fronius inverter with 6.4kWH of 20 x 327kWH SunPower panels indicate we are producing 30 to 40 kWH each day.

Hi Roy, thanks for the fantastic feedback. Delighted you have had a great experience with SAE Group and that your system is running smoothly. Enjoy your solar! Show additional information

Great People; Great Installation

We'd been researching solar for around 6 months after saving up for several years. We decided on Sunpower panels, Enphase per-panel inverters & a Tesla Powerwall battery. There were only a few suppliers who provided all three and we eventually settled on one (not SAE) who actually questioned Sunpower's longevity, saying "well, they may be great panels but what if the company isn't around in a few years?". They were convincing and we got a quote from them with LG panels (+Enphase + Tesla) which was cheaper and had a similar warranty.

Just a week before we were to sign the quote, Tesla put the Powerwall price up by $3K & the supplier said they had to increase the quote to match. Bad timing on our part! While we were deciding whether to proceed with Tesla, SAE Group called and said they had some Tesla stock at the old price, were pleased to sell the Sunpower & Enphase.... From then it was an easy decision.

The system was installed a few days ago and the whole experience (sales, accounts team, installation team, follow-up) has been excellent. We made the decision to have both the panels and the Tesla installed the same day (2 days is recommended) and it worked really well.

So far, the system is performing well and the Tesla app is really really good. (Yet to get the Enphase app login...)

Hi Grant,
Amazing to hear that you had such a positive turn-around with changing to SAE Group. It's always great to hear when customers have done the research and know the brands they want. Can make such a difference! We're sure you'll be enjoying the benefits of your Enphase monitoring system and Tesla Battery. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch. Thanks again, Grant!

Awesome

Awesome process from sales to install to support. I had a 6.615 kw sunpower p19 panel with a fronius 5Kw inverter install. The whole process was smooth. I had to wait a while to get my system installed due to them only using company installers which wasn't a problem for me as i get a workmanship warranty. The installers showed up when they were supposed to and were done sooner than expected. I only had one minor hiccup with the solar analytics they installed (stated the wrong ct size) but that was soon rectified. You can not get a system of this caliber for this price on the gold coast from anywhere else period.

Hi Jackson,
Really appreciate the positive feedback. SAE Group pride ourselves on our installation team being the best of the best and we do back that with an 12 year workmanship warranty. Great to hear we we're able to rectify you're solar analytic issues quickly and should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch. happy solar journey, Jackson!

Hi Jon, thank you for leaving a positive review! Merry Christmas, Enjoy your new solar! Show additional information

Brilliant company to deal with.

SAE installed 2 extra batteries in the Redback system they installed in May 2018. It was a seamless installation and has extended the current battery power I already have. Great company to deal with as always available and "dumb" questions answered cheerfully. Love that the installing tech's tidy up after installation and take the rubbish with them. I'v always found the tech's cheerful. polite and knowledgeable.

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for the feedback and we love to answer all our customers questions because we believe knowledge is power. Great to hear you have chosen us again to upgraded your Redback system with two new batteries. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any sort of solar questions you have in future. Thanks again Wendy!

Happy so far. Process was smooth and simple and we seem to be getting a great yield.

Codey from SAE was easy to talk to and made me feel confident to go ahead even though I dont necessarily understand everything about how solar works. Always easy to get through to the office and questions have been answered promptly. Installation team was professional and got the job done quickly.

Hi codey,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are thrilled that you are happy with your new solar system and have no doubt that you're enjoying the benefits it brings now, and for many years to come! Thanks again Codey.

Hi Karl, thank you for writing a review. At SAE Group you can be sure that you have a great quality system that will deliver savings for years to come. We look forward to installing your solar soon! Show additional information

to a job well done

SAE arrived on time, installation looks great, the team stayed back to make sure the system was running as it should, received a thorough rundown on the system and what to look for. would recommend SAE to all who are considering installing a solar system.

Hi Rychard,
Thank you for your kind words. It's fantastic to hear from our happy customers whois recommend us to others! Thanks again Rychard.

Fantastic installer

Sales and quoting was second to none, they were able to match a competitive price from a metro based company. The installers were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing. I know a number of people that have used SAE recently and I have heard nothing but good comments about them.

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your kind words. It's fantastic to hear, we are being regarded so highly and also love that we can make everyones solar journeys so positive! We have no doubt that you're enjoying the many benefits of your newly installed solar system, now and for many years to come!

I Got What I Paid For. (in a positive way)

Craig Brown, (the sales rep) was punctual, factual and charismatic. I mentioned to him that I wasn't interested in a low quality system. I mentioned a few high quality brands that I was familiar with. He smiled and pointed to his shirt logo (Sunpower). He also informed me that while SMA were a good inverter, they are now made in China and quality has slipped a little. He recommended Fronius as they are still made in Austria.

The install team were definitely professionals and it was obvious they had installed a lot of solar power systems. A minor hiccup at the start - they required a scissor lift to access the roof (the height of my roof is taller than most due to 9ft ceilings and a flat roof with a parapet around the edge). The start of the install was delayed for approximately 1 hour until the scissor lift was delivered. I did not see this as a major issue. Once the install commenced, it was clear to see that each team member knew their place and exactly what to do. Unfortunately, it was not possible to install the inverter in the garage as I had hoped as the frame of the house prevented any access through the wall cavity (that's how houses are designed - no thought for future expansion). The inverter had to be mounted on the external wall next to the meter box as this was the only solution possible. I will now have to install a cover of sorts to protect it from the harsh UV rays and other elements.

I was not present on the last day of the install so I did not receive a full handover (certainly not SAE Group's fault). I am still working with SAE Group to set up a few more details for my Fronius account.

I have had my electricity supplier install a new meter and am now on a fair solar plan.

Overall, I am happy with the entire process and have no major criticisms.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your kind words, especially considering the few road blocks you had to go through. It's fantastic to hear that your solar system is operational and your on the way to Solar savings! We will ensure your feedback is passed onto Craig and your install team - positive feedback is always well received! Thanks again Daniel.

Great Company

John came to our home & explained everything to us, answered every question we asked. The follow up when we accepted the quote was awesome, keeping us informed at all times. The installation when without a hitch. The installers were punctual, tidy & polite. Showed me how to read the inverter & the phone app.

Hi John,
We are so pleased to read your positive review and that you had a great experience using SAE Group for your solar installation. We have no doubt that you're enjoying the many benefits of your newly installed solar system, now and for many years to come!

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on delivering as we strive to switch Australian rooftops to solar - one by one!
From the start SAE have been informative, supportive and highly professional. They are a team and this is obvious from the sales team to the qualified installers. The latter were a pleasure to have on site

Hi Dick Sheppard,
Thank you for your great review! We are so pleased that you're happy with your new solar system and yes, we are a great Team at SAE Group. We're sure you'll be enjoying the benefits of your solar powered lifestyle. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch.

All round good service.

SAE had done previous solar panels for me so I knew they were trustworthy with a good product. The installation was organised when I wanted it and the installers did a fine job, very friendly, left the area very clean. The office arranged for the Array to be updated on my Enlighten app. so I can see how the panels are operating. The whole operation from the salesman quoting to paying the final account was very professional and I would certainly recommend SAE to anyone wanting solar.

Hi John,
We are so pleased that you're happy with your updated solar system and are thrilled that your experience has been nothing short of positive. We especially love being a recommend Solar provider, so thank you again! Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch.
Long delay (19 business days) to get smart meter installed.

Hi John,
thanks for leaving a review, we appologise that the delayed smart metre had an negative experience on your installation of your solar. We're sure you'll be enjoying the benefits of your solar powered lifestyle, now it's operational. Should you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitant to get in touch. Thanks again, John!

Thanks for the great review Ceinwen, we look forward to seeing you at installation soon Show additional information

Excellent solar installation experience

Sales/quoting process was fast and efficient. So fast in fact that I wondered if I might have been pushed into something I wasn't totally happy with. But I quickly came to the view that all was ok when I went over the paperwork.

The installers were punctual, polite and efficient. The only criticism would be that they had to shut down the power for longer than they indicated. But I understand there were some issues with the wiring in the power box so they clearly advised the reason for the delay.

I cannot fault the customer service. Installer explained the online monitoring system; the customer support person who phoned post installation was excellent and answered all my questions. Well done SAE.

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for taking the time to explain your experience with us. Solar is a lengthy process and it is incredible to know that even though plans change that you were so understanding. We are so pleased that you had a great experience with our installers and customer support team too. Don't forget to let you’re friends know that you referred them and we'll make sure you're rewarded for spreading the good word. Thanks again!

Hi Melinda,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
We are so pleased that you had a great experience working with us - Thanks again!
Two friends have signed up for 6.6kw systems as well with SAE. Sales person was really good, knows his job. To get in touch to find out the installation date was very difficult.
Installation due tomorrow.

Hi Michael, thank you for leaving a review. First we would like to apologise for the poor communication with installation date. On a positive note, great to see both you and your friends will soon/are now enjoying the benefits of solar with high quality system, and will pass on the great feedback to your consultant. Show additional information

Great company to deal with

Whole process from initial contact to the installation was seamless. Done on time and as per first discussion.

Hi Paul,
thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We pride ourselves on being able to make the solar jounery as smooth and seamless as possible. I'm sure you're loving the benefits of making the switch to solar. Don't forget to give us a call in future with any questions about your solar system. thanks again!
All sales persons, area Manager, State Manager and staff organising solar system installation from the SAE group have been fantastic. I have found dealing with The SAE Group has been a very informative and positive experience. A very professionally run company that I will have no problems promoting to family and friends in the future.

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review - we are thrilled that you had such a positive end-to-end experience with us as this is something we pride ourselves on delivering. We love also referrals to friends and family who are looking to make the switch! Thanks again Wayne!

Solar Panel install

John was an excellent sales person who took time to address all our questions. He was made aware of our need to have the installation made in a time frame and it all happened to plan.
Dean and Jarad made the installation of panels and inverter look easy. They were neat and tidy. Great work.
Emily and the service staff fully explained procedures and time frame efficiently.
Very happy with the whole exercise.

Hi Gregory,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review - we are thrilled that the SAE Team did such a great job, we will pass your comments on to everyone involved. We know you are loving the solar journey and please don't hesitate to contact us for any questions in the future.

Ducted air conditioning, Solar panels and Heat pump.

Sales and quote was good.
Installation was excellent
Customer service was excellent

Hi Graeme and Julie,
Thanks for your comments, we love that your experience nothing short of feeling excellent! Wish you a happy solar Journey for many years to come! Thanks again.

Great product and no fuss installation

The SAE salesman was easy to talk with and discussed all appropriate options & recommendations.
The installation techs were on time and conducted them selves in a very professional and friendly manner.
All admin staff were very helpful and always in contact throughout the process

Hi Robert,
thanks for your great review. Incredible to hear every SAE team memebr played a part in making your solar journey, seamless and professional. We pride our selves on working as a team to make sure our customer's have nothing but THE BEST EXPERIENCE, making the switch to solar! We are so pleased that you're happy with your new solar system and are sure you'll be enjoying the benefits! Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing to partner with SAE Group.
Very happy with the installation - SAE also installed ducted aircon before this.

Hi Leon,
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate that would use us again to install your solar. I can see you have quiet a large system with a quality inverter! I'm sure you are enjoying benefits making the switch, and all that free energy being collected to use on your ducted air con. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions in future. Thanks again from all the SAE team!

Great Service & Installation!

My experience has been very good & professional dealing with SAE Group from Craig the salesman to Dean & his offsiders with the installation. Everything went smoothly as expected, I have not been connected to the grid as yet but customer service forwarded all correspondence to Energex & our retail supplier. All I have done is called our supplier to verify that they will connect our solar to the grid.

Hi Margaret,
We love the positive feedback, I can see you have been connected to the grid - and at times can be a lengthy process. Thankyou for your patience! If you had any question please feel free to contact us in future! Wish you a very happy solar lifestyle for many more years to come!
I have yet to have this system installed yet, however I went with SAE group, as I found them easy to deal with, had good reviews and were competitively priced for high end system.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review - can see you have had your solar installed and connected to Grid. Thank you for your patience and understanding through this lengthy process. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions about your solar. Thanks again Nick!

Hi Simon,
Thanks for your review. We are pleased that we were able to help you with restarting your Fronius inverter and are sure you'll be enjoying the benefits of solar! please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions concerning you solar, in future!

No worries or concerns at all,extremely efficient,helpful ,obliging & patient

Everything was perfect from Paul through to Arthur & Drew & everyone I have spoken to in the office ,you are all so helpful & patient. A big thank you to everyone ,you could not have made it easier or simpler for us. Donny & Karyn Mccarron

Hi Donald & Karyn,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review - we are thrilled that you had such a positive experience and will pass on the thanks to all staff involved in your Solar journey. We do hope that you're enjoying your new solar powered lifestyle and all of the benefits it brings! Thanks again.

Hi Deb,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We do hope that you're enjoying your new solar powered lifestyle and all of the benefits it brings!
Informative sales person. Was readily available and was able to answer any questions I had. Provided plenty of options and spelled out the pros and cons of each. The installers where professional and had the installation completed in a timely manner. Have called SAE after installation and they were more than helpful in assisting and providing literature in relation to my query. Would highly recommend.

Hi Tyron,
What an amazing review and thank you for taking the time to explain your experience with us. We are always happy to answer the questions because we believe in educating our customers and in turn so you may spread the word about the benefits of solar. We also would love to hear that you will recommend SAE Group to family and friends! thank you again from all the SAE team!

Delivered what was promised

Excellent quoting process, excellent installation and excellent customer service. Happy to recommend SAE.

Hi John,

Thank you for the great review, we only shoot for excellent and it seems we tick all the boxes for you! Love to also hear you would recommend us. Thank you again John.

Hi Jamie, thank you for leaving a positive review! Show additional information
The installers were very friendly and finished in under 6 hours. Once completed they ran me through how i can view my usage. Very happy with my experience.

Hi Adam,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your feedback. We are so thrilled that installers took good care of you and so speedy - we have no doubt that you're now enjoying the benefits of your new, solar powered lifestyle!

Excellent company to deal with.

Sales process was very informative and did not feel any pressure at all. All our questions were answered.

Installation went smoothly and they were on time,very polite.

Customer service has been great so far

Hi Edna,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. We have no doubt that you're now enjoying the benefits of your solar powered lifestyle! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions concerning your solar. Thanks again Edna

Installed without any issues

I found all staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Would recommend SAE Group to anyone considering installing or upgrading their solar system.

Hi Sharen,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your feedback and being a repeat customer with SAE Group. We are so thrilled that your safety switch was succesfully installed and that you're happy with all aspects of your solar system - we have no doubt that you're now enjoying the benefits of your solar powered lifestyle!
SAE were a close second on price for a standard 5kw output system, of the four separate independent quotes we requested. SAE were the most innovative and helpful through a trade knowledgeable representative and backed it up with excellent follow through, instillation (a dream team - neat, tidy, proficient) and completion. Whilst a somewhat larger organization, they performed like a well oiled machine, and provided what feels like real customer service.

Hi, thank you for leaving SAE Group such a great review. We are delighted that you picked up on our strong solar knowledge and that you felt well looked after throughout your switch to solar. If you ever have any questions then we're always here to help. We hope you enjoy your solar. Show additional information
SAE Group were prompt and reliable in setting up the time and installation of the solar system. The installers were able to overcome a few problems they encountered along the way. They were professional and courteous at all times.

Hi Rudy, thank you for your great review. We're delighted you had a good experience, and will pass this on to the installers team too. Hope you're enjoying your solar! Show additional information

Hi Lorraine,
Thanks for your review. We are so please that you are happy with your new solar powered lifestyle and the whole experience using us! Thanks again for taking the time to supply your feedback.

Hi John,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. we hope you are enjoying your switch to solar!

Very professional, patient, helpful & pleasant installation experience

The sales/quoting process done by Damien was very thorough, open, informative, professional and patient.

The installers led by Leon were all polite, enthusiastic, professional, Tidy - they cleaned up everything behind themselves and carried on their work with minimal fuss or disruption to us. Leon was especially patient and helpful in answering all our many questions about the installation and system, we were impressed and felt that we could trust this company.
Customer service was also polite, professional and friendly, even when they were keen to get me to submit the appropriate documents immediately after the smart meter installation I never felt that they were pushy.

Hi Lee,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and yes we always leave the job clean and tidy! I'll pass on to Leon that you were so impressed with his helpfulness. We are so pleased you had a great experience with us - positive feedback is always warmly welcomed! We do hope you're loving your new solar powered lifestyle.

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and yes we love to go the extra mile for our customers, from start to finish. We are so pleased you had a great experience with us and we will be sure to pass on your appreciative words to your SAE sales person - positive feedback is always warmly welcomed! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions concerning your solar!