• With 1000s of Customer Reviews

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology, solar power, Air conditioning and overhead and underground Powerline Construction and High Voltage Electrical for Energex, Ergon and Essential Energy networks.

We directly import solar products which gives us a competitive price point and the ability to control the supply and quality of the products we install.

SAE Group is a multi award winning company and a Master Electrician, we are working to make Australia 100% renewable and supply quality products at a competitive price.

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

EXCELLENT STAFF AND PRODUCT Show additional information
The sales person was nice and not pushy. The installers greeted me warmly with a smile.

Although SAE delayed putting the energex Jon through and with the public holidays around Christmas I still don't have a digital net meter installed and can't use my solar system.
Overall experience was good. Quote was swift and installation was completed on the specified day. The installation team were on time, helpful and friendly and carried out the installation to a high standard - all neat and tidy. Only negative was the delay between quote acceptance and the arrangement of the installation date (took a couple of weeks). Show additional information
We have had our solar system for 4 months now and are very happy. The sales representative, Peter, was very helpful and gave us great advice regarding the system size we needed for our household's needs. In fact, Peter was the only one who discussed future electricity needs with us and advised us to get a bigger system than we had originally intended. We are so pleased we went with his recommendation and are already benefiting from it. We didn't have to wait long for installation day and the install appears solid. They set up all monitoring systems for us and were very helpful when we had follow up questions regarding login details for more detailed monitoring. While we paid slightly more than had we gone with a competitor, we are nonetheless pleased with the product and service we have received from SAE Group to date. Show additional information
Salesperson was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. Installers were excellent, very neat job and tidied up carefully afterwards. Panel layout was changed on the day due to max string number, but this meant a neater looking installation and earlier peak generation (panels on east & west-facing roof). Show additional information
Very pleased with SAE Solar. Had few issues with grid faults which were eventually sorted. Good solar system and fantastic customer service. No hesitation in recommending.

Hello Cadie,
Thanks for taking to the time to post your review. I'm happy to hear we were able to rectify those grid connection faults for you quickly and easily. As Master Electricians we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a quality product and installation that will stand the test of time.
Taking possession of property soon so no comment yet on installation. Show additional information
Order placed and deposit paid 14/11/17 for installation before Christmas. No contact from SAE until I phoned on 28/11/17.
Panels unavailable and changed to another, installation configuration also changed. Date also changed. I am hoping all goes well on new installation date (02/01/18)I will be very vocal if another problem happens but I believe SAE will do their best from here to finalisation.

Dear Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that we have not delivered in terms of prompt communication in this instance, while this is no excuse, we have experienced a particularly busy period, and we are working on ensuring our customer service does not slip in these times. I can see however that your solar installation is now complete and I hope you are now enjoying your new solar energy solution.
These guys are very efficient, friendly, honest and knowledgeable. Great service from start to finish. No issues what so ever and they were always on hand to answer queries before and after installation. The installation guys were polite and clean workers, no mess left behind which was awesome. We are more than happy with the final product! We are now reaping the rewards of having solar installed and our electricity bills have been MASSIVELY reduced. We would absolutely recommend SAE to anyone thinking of installing solar. Show additional information

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, happy we could assist you.
Large enough company to be able to respond promptly and offer well priced and quality equipment. But not too large where you don't get a personal touch from the executives If need be. They are Tesla powerwall experts also and we love our new powerwall 2.

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We pride ourselves on taking the time to get to know each of our customers and their individual needs, we are glad we were able to assist you to fulfil your new energy solution.
Great service, got the job done quickly and professionally. Will recommend there solar services to everyone.

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We love to exceed our customers expectations and are happy you've enjoyed your experience with us.
Great service and a great job. Very happy with our system.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for taking to the time to post a review. We pride ourselves on providing a memorable customer service experience, so its great to hear we've exceeded your expectations.
Install went well and the installer did a great job

Hi Petrina,
Thanks for your review, we love hearing from our happy customers.

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for your review, very happy we could be of service. We hope you're enjoying your new solar system.

Thanks Rob, happy we could assist you Show additional information

Hi Sally,
Thanks for your feedback, knowledge is power and our sales team have bucket loads of it to share with our customers. Its how our customers get the best out of their solar solution. Have a great day.
SAE are a very pleasant and professional company to have install our solar would recommend them to anyone who is looking at going solar. Best thing I did was get solar pretty much pay $0 for power nowadays.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for your feedback, and we couldn't agree more, going solar really it is the best thing you can do your back pocket and the environment. We are master electricians, so you are in good hands with us. Have a great day.
I have had the system installed for about 3 years now and from my calculations the system has paid for itself. The sales people at SAE Group really know their stuff and the installers were friendly and left me nothing to clean up.

Hi Brent,
Thanks for your feedback, we really do pride our selves on delivering an exceptional customer service and seamless solar journey. So happy we've exceeded your expectations. Have a great day.
All went as discussed

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are always happy to hear when we've delighted our customers. Have a great day.
I couldn’t recommend the team from SAE anymore highly .... the process was amazing from the Sales to the installation... My system has been performing beyond expectation and the team was there to answer my questions.

Hi Vaughan,
Thanks for your feedback, we're so happy we could assist you, and better yet that you're pleasantly surprised with the integrity of our both the system and our team. Have a great day.

Thanks Meil, we appreciate your feedback Show additional information
My experience from SAE to-date has been nothing but positive, I could not fault either their initial salesman, their installers, or the admin and office staff who assisted us on each visit.
Thank you all very much.

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for your kind words we really do aim to please.
This system was due to be installed at the end of November, but after three delays it's still to happen.

January 12th is the latest install date, and will be their last chance if not carried out as promised.

Barry.

Hello Barry,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I can see there was a delay in receiving the inverter required for your system, however we are on track for installation this coming Friday. I am sure it will be smooth sailing from here.
Solar was promised to be installed before Christmas and to date it hasn't. Very disappointed as that had a very deciding factor. I would have gone with Hawkings as they were cheaper

Dear Maureen,
I am sorry we have not been able to install your system prior to Xmas, we have been inundated with a higher volume of sales than usual. Rest assured we have now have your installation scheduled. If you would like to discuss this at any time please don't hesitate to call me on 1300 18 20 50.
After 6 weeks of waiting for an install date SAE fail regarding keeping the customer informed but demand the money for materials. Maybe to big a company now. It's all about the money!

Dear Lee,
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry your experience with us was not as you had hoped. We appreciate your feedback and take these matters very seriously. We have just experienced an unprecedented number of customers over the last month and are working feverishly to improve our customer service to ensure we get back to exceeding our customers expectations. I can see your due for installation this coming Monday, and that we have received your deposit. I can't see where we have requested money for materials, if you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me at any time on 1300 18 20 50.
Not installed yet. However, Damian was really knowledgeable and guided us through the whole process.
We are now waiting for our system to be installed. A Fronius 5kW inverter with Luxen panels and Fronius Smart Meter.

Hi Luca,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us so far. We are passionate about providing our customers with as much knowledge as possible during their solar journey. I can see your schedule for your solar installation next week. We look forward to providing you with a cleaner , greener energy solution for your home. Have a great day.
Sales person was good but there was very little after sales communications. Started getting worried as hadn't heard anything for weeks, then all of the sudden the work was going be completed the next week and was completed as advised. Over all a great system for a good price so long as it withstands the tests of time.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your feedback, we are experiencing an incredibly high volume of new installations at the moment and unfortunately that did slow us down a little. We have certainly taken on board your comments and are working to exceed our customers expectations and improve our communications along the way. We hope your now enjoying your cleaner, greener energy solution to power your home.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your feedback, happy we could assist you.
Messed around a bit with install dates.

Thanks Colm, its been our pleasure to work with you Show additional information

Thanks for sharing the love Tim, glad we could assist you Show additional information
From sales through to service the team at SAE were fantastic. Everything to do with the product and parts as well as how it worked was fully explained in basic language that a lay person could understand. The installation team was courteous and took care when installing the panels. There was no damage to tiles or personal property. The service team were quick to ensure the tickets were raised to convert things over and they were prompt in getting back to us with information.

A rewarding experience and I would be happy to recommend SAE to anyone looking to install solar. A top job!

Thanks for the great feedback Kim, we love what we do, and love to exceed our customers expectations. Show additional information

Thanks Lance, enjoy your new solar solution Show additional information

Thanks Richard, happy to be of service Show additional information
Pete the salesman did everything in his power to help an excellent job. His office I am not so thrilled with they had a months notice to install this system but yet I am still waiting. I think this is pretty poor on their behalf as I paid for the system in cash within two days of deciding to buy their system.

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your feedback, we take these matters very seriously and have taken your experience with us on board and are currently working through our internal processes to ensure we always exceed our customers expectation and never let them down. We have experienced an unprecedented volume of installation in the last two months and are now working towards ensuring we have the resources to handle this increased volume. If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me on 1300 18 2 50.

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your feedback, we're very happy to hear from another happy customer.
1. SAE group advertising sign attached to fence without permission
2. Mess left on garage floor from drilling into gyprock wall and cable stripping to mount inverter
3. Rubbish left in roof space – protective wrapping and sealant cartridge
4. Invert originally anchored only into gyprock, then shifted to anchor into stud leaving exposed the original anchors in the wall.
5. Number of tile clips(18+) found in roof space leading to belief that some tiles are now unanchored.
6. Cabling and conduit for western array is raised over trusses and runs through a storage area in the roof space.
7. Stick on label that gives instructions on how to shut down and restart the inverter not supplied.
8. Shadow from TV antenna going onto western array panels not detected in system design and it had to be relocated after panels were installed.
9. Reported above issues to SAE and was told that someone would ring to discuss. No responses in two weeks so rang again and issues have now been rectified.
10. System is not yet up and running and connected to the grid (waiting on meter fix/upgrade), so cannot comment on it yet.

Dear Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value your feedback and view this as an opportunity for us to learn and improve. I am sorry your experience with us was not of the standard we aim for and you would expect from us. Rest assured we have addressed all of the issues you have raised and are busy implementing processes to ensure we exceed our customers expectations every time.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we are happy we could assist you with a clean green energy solution to power your home.
SAE GROUP Have been informative, patient and accommodating regarding the finance and setup ready for the installation process. I can't give feedback on the system as yet, but cross your fingers we will be up and running by the New Year. Sharryne Show additional information

Hi Rolf,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, we value your opinion and we are working hard to improve our customer service. Thanks for giving us the heads up.
No communication, took deposit then we had to chase them very disappointing

Dear Charlie,
I'm sorry your experience with us was not as you would expect. We do thank you for your feedback, we take these matters very seriously and we are currently working very hard to not only meet but exceed our customers expectations every time. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to call em personally on 1300 18 20 50.

Good people to deal with who took time to explain thoroughly

Hi Colin,
Thanks for your feedback, we go to great lengths to give our customers as much info as possible, an informed decision is the best kind, and we want you to get the most out of your solar solution. Have a great day
All 3 salespeople were excellent, and the quality of their product seemed really good.
After the 2nd quote we didn't know which one to choose, but when we received the
3rd quote from SAE we just made up our minds there and then. The product and the
price won us over in the end.

Hopefully the system will be installed tomorrow (Saturday) weather permitting, so we're very excited for it to go ahead.

Thank you so much for your help. I'll let you know how the installation goes, hopefully smoothly :)

Regards,
Leonie

Hi Leonie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear our friendly and knowledgable sales team were able to assist you. I can see your system is now installed and operational. We hope you're now enjoying a cleaner, greener, energy alternative to power your home. Have a great day.
We had discussed having a Smart Meter in the installation and had assumed this was in the quote. We were disappointed to find out it wasn't on the day of installation. The installation team said they wanted to finish early so decided to split the installation over either side of a weekend. We then had to arrange a 3rd date to get our Smart Meter installed.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback, we do apologise that your meter was overlooked at the time of providing you with our proposal. I will check in with the installation team to see why your job needed to be split. We do always try to complete our solar installation in one visit where ever possible. I do hope you're now enjoying all the benefits of solar in your home

Thanks for taking the time to rate us Johannes, happy we could assist you Show additional information
Energex has arrived to install there bit yesterday. Today however not working rang SAE they blame Energex. Rang Energex they blame SAE I’m left in the middle not knowing what to do. I have switched the whole thing off and now going into battle!!!

Hello Anne, Thanks for your feedback, I can see that we have been back out to site to assess this for you. Energex will now need to monitor your voltage. We will be in touch today to check in and see how its progressing for you. Show additional information
I was quoted everything via email. I eventually got someone around to have a chat with me , but no site inspection as such. The roof wasn't looked at as he claimed he did it all on a program to ensure the panels would fit. I paid my deposit, received a receipt and after weeks of waiting to be contacted for an installation date I started chasing SAE up for a date to lock in. That took almost another week. They are booked in to install December 18. I'm hoping it all goes well and without a hitch. I'm still not sure how much I'm meant to be saving and if I was meant to get some sort of estimate in writing. I will ask the installers when they are here for some advice.

Hello Jason,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and take the concerns you have brought to our attention very seriously. We have experience an unprecedented increase in sales and are currently working through our processes to ensure we are now much better equipped with the larger volume of customers we now have. I can see you system is installed and that you're now enjoying a cleaner greener energy solution to power your home. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to call me directly on 1300 18 20 50.