• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology, solar power, Air conditioning and overhead and underground Powerline Construction and High Voltage Electrical for Energex, Ergon and Essential Energy networks.

We directly import solar products which gives us a competitive price point and the ability to control the supply and quality of the products we install.

SAE Group is a multi award winning company and a Master Electrician, we are working to make Australia 100% renewable and supply quality products at a competitive price.

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

We were just having some repairs carried out to an existing system and chose SAE Group because they were recommended, and so glad we did after experiencing and hearing of other dodgy operators. The prompt no fuss, no frills approach by admin, together with the excellent service provided by their knowledgeable and experienced technician was a breath of fresh air and made for a pleasant experience.

As this service was for repairs only, I obviously didn't purchase a fully installed system from SAE Group as indicated below when I clicked in the certify box. This action was just to progress the review.
The company has excellent follow up and made me feel confident dealing with them. Show additional information

Thanks for review Peter. All the best with your energy production. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Show additional information
We've had the panels installed since 3rd May, but Energex have not done the connection. Energex said they were busy with numbers of installations in our area and committed to doing the job on or before 1st June. The clock's ticking...
The SAE sales person, who does not have a technical background was nonetheless very good and answered all our questions authoritatively and thoroughly. He clearly knew his stuff and was thoughtful, respectful and helpful.
SAE offered us only good quality componentry and at a competitive price. They planned the installation well and communicated effectively. The installation went well: on time, no broken tiles, nothing damaged, no mess and paperwork put in to Energex promptly.
We've not yet had any generation, no fault of the installer, our grid supplier is yet to do their work.
All up, very happy with SAE.

Thanks for the glowing feedback Mr Rodgers :) Show additional information
The installers changed the position of some of the panels to what was shown on the plan given by the salesman. They said the different position would make very little difference to the output of the system. So far for the 5kW capability of the system, the highest output I have seen on the digital readout on the inverter is 2.7kW.

Thanks or your feedback Graham, please check the results on a day of full sun between 11am and 2 pm. If you have any concerns of the results please contact your rep to discuss. Show additional information

Thanks for the review Show additional information

Thanks for your review, very much appreciated. Show additional information

Thanks for your feedback Show additional information
Derek did a fantastic job, very helpful and spent the time to ensure the APP worked well. Have passed on details to several friends

Thanks John, we really appreciate the feedback, I will pass this onto Derek. Show additional information
We have only had the system operational since April 2017 & so far we are quite impressed, but we ordered it & paid a deposit in July 2016 & we think the installation time was quite slow & we found it quite frustrating that once we paid the deposit we were never kept informed along the way of proposed installation updates we had to contact them to find out what was happening, Vincent who owns the company said he was having problems getting good quality installers & there was a change of regulations concerning the Inverters so that held things up & so forth but in fairness he now has 2 extra people in the office to help with customer service. When Vincent came out to finalise everything regarding the solar system after it was all installed he was very good, his view was at the end of the day having people being happy with their system was number one priority.
The sales person Steve who came out to us in the beginning was excellent & very thorough we were quite impressed with him.

Hi John and Raelene, this review is for SAE Group not 888. Can you please alter it to show the review on SAE Groups installation professionalism only. We do not have anything to do with customer service or installation lead times associated with 888 as we are only contracted for the installation. Show additional information

thanks for your review Show additional information

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
A bit hard to provide too much feedback as part of will depend on upcoming electricity bills to ensure it is value for money. However the sales person, company and installers were all very good.

Thanks for the review! I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with your savings. Show additional information

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
we are very satisfied with the service they provided, from the salesperson - Mr Paul Rykse to the installation team. they are very professional, helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the review! Show additional information
SAE provided Seraphim Eclipse solar panels. After looking at your review and noting that hey did not have an office in Aus., I was careful in reading the contract [being a retired lawyer]. The salesman had assured us that, as your article pointed out, SAE would carry any warranty claims. However, the contract we were presented with said that SAE would only be responsible for products it designed and manufactured and undertook to "process" any warranty claims to the manufacturer. I did not believe that this contract placed any responsibility on them except to forward any warranty claim to China - I figured I could do that. I declined to sign and the contract was amended to include a clause that SAE would attend to repairing or replacing any warranty claim materials. They claimed that the contract was about to be reviewed and thanked me for my input but I suggest that other customers check it carefully - in particular clauses 6.5 and 6.6

Thank you for high ranking review. Appreciated.
I understand T&C's can be a little convoluted at times. I would like to assure you that it is not the intention for SAE Group to divest its responsibility in managing any warranty claim on your behalf. The purpose of the two clauses you mention were intended to relate to other liabilities arising from design flaws or defects of any manufactured goods like Inverters and Solar panels that are not made by us. Similarly other retailers selling tv's, computers, fridges etc would also be reliant, as we are, that the products we purchase from manufacturers in good faith and by their engineering information, warranties supplied, and in the solar industry, by the fact they are CEC listed and approved for Australian use are fit for the purpose intended. However, we cannot be held accountable for unforeseen design or manufacturing flaws and any liability claims associated with that.
SAE Group will always handle any warranty claims and organise shipments and installations on your behalf. This is one of our greatest strengths. As far as the Seraphim Panels go, as we import them the warranty buck rests with us, and we process all claims internally and have no need to seek other approvals from wholesaler suppliers, manufacturers offices or overseas. If its warranty, we replace it on our decision, no fuss.
I will endeavour to have those clauses you mentioned modified to read more succinct to its intended meaning.
I thank you again for your feedback and welcome you to our solar and energy storage community.

Thanks for your review Show additional information
We have only just installed so it is early days but the whole process has been very good so far with SAE.

Thanks for your review Show additional information
I am happy with them. Been having a few issues with it since installed. They came to fix it we had to wait 3 weeks. Still not sorted but hopefully will be soon.

Thanks for your review Show additional information
It's not installed yet so this survey is a bit premature.

Thank you for your review Show additional information
SAE Group sales and installation technicians were super helpful and courteous with every interaction we had. The system is performing as it should so we are very pleased with the outcome.

Appreciate you feedback. I will pass your words to all concerned.
Thank you.
It has just been installed so I can't comment on long term performance, but there were no issues with SAE or their installers.
Not overly impressed with the user interface on the Fronius inverter, and the fan is pretty noisy, but that's trivial really.
Installation is neat and tidy - labelling in switchboard is now messy and potentially a bit confusing as there are now two solar inverters feeding in.
Between the SAE office and Energex and the Christmas break, the system approval took close to a month to finalise, but again no real harm done.

Thanks for your feedback Rick. We always striving to improve our service and turnaround. Thank you for your note about the labelling. The xmas/January period had been a challenge with inverter stocks low Australia wide. Welcome aboard. Show additional information
I did not rush into a decision when spending that amount of money you want your decision to be right. Best suit our needs , was a good quality product with good backup. Thanks for the advice and support . Finn and the team. Ron.

Thanks Ron, for your feedback and confidence in SAE Group. Show additional information
I would be prepared to recommend SAE to others.

Thank you Chris. If you refer any friends that purchase please ask them to mention you so that we can send you the referrer reward. Show additional information
We ended up receiving two very competitive quotes. Both sales persons provided excellent service and had a good knowledge of their product. All backed up by information from Solar Quotes. The company we selected had a slight edge because of size and longevity of company. Our price included installation with solar meter.

Thank for your feedback Alan.
Welcome aboard.
The 3 guys who turned up were very courteous. Very amicable. Went about their business very professionally and we now have a system installed which is scheduled to be working by tomorrow midday.(2/9/2017).
After install the team leader explained all the things I needed to know and I hope that I will not let him down when it comes to ""Switch on"" tomorrow.
I have to say that SolarQuotes have been extremely helpful in all my decisions and it was well worth downloading their ""What you need to know about Solar"'
presentation.
A lot of pages but well worth the effort.

Thanks Frank. I'll pass your feedback on to Craig and the installers. Welcome aboard Show additional information
These guys were professional, showed up on time.
They were friendly and had a great work ethic.
They did an amazing job, so clear on everything. Highly recommend.

Thanks Elisabeth, I will pass on your comments.
If you do refer someone, please ask them to mention your name so you can get your referral reward.Or give them Johns direct contact details.
Welcome aboard.

Hi Michelle, thank you for lodging this review.
Welcome aboard.
I get random door sale people, texts, and phone calls from Solar companies looking for work fairly regularly. All use some rebate reduction, rising cost, and what ever else on the day to get a look in; and then waste my time and don't show up. I'm very happy I found Solar Quotes and educated myself a bit before getting the 3 quotes Finn suggests. All were different in their style, all were reasonably professional about it, and all had systems I believe that would work well. I felt comfortable with the process and felt like I had good control over it and not pressured or winging it in the dark.

I will pass on your comments to the team.
Recently had solar installed by SAE –
Salesman Mick fantastic! Really technically helpful and a really nice man, always returned calls and answered every question and just a really nice guy who was genuinely eager to help, a real asset to SAE!
Crew who put the solar panels on the roof – great, really helpful also, came the day they said they would and did everything they were meant to.
However – I received my invoice days after I had paid all monies and when I had reason to call, the office staff were not all that helpful.
Then we come to Ray – Wow! As the girl on the phone couldn’t seem to answer my question as to why the meter was not being installed in the timeframe given, I was passed to Ray, argumentative and rude and may be an idea not to let Ray anywhere near clients….
Overall, the whole process took way, way too long. All up it has been 3 months still have no solar power as I write this, but hoping it won’t be too long now….
Thanks Mick, even with Ray’s performance, you made the whole experience worthwhile.
The solar company I used was supplied by you to a relative in Ballina (who also has had a 3kw system installed by them at the same time) but not sent directly to me by you. It was 'SolarEze' http://solareze.com.au/

Organisation and install was done easily in a timely manner with both systems up and running fine. I had a 2kw system previously which they removed as part of the install and left with me to do as I wished.
I feel I have made the correct choice in choosing SAE SOLAR.The sales person knew what he was talking about not just a salesman.The installers were reliable and efficient and prompt.However it did take a while to get thesmart metre installed .Overall I found this company to be very friendly and helpful. Show additional information
One of the main reasons we went with SAE was that a representative bothered to come out and explain and answer our questions personally.another company did ring but the time was inconvenient. Never recieved a call back as promised. The third company didnt seem interested in talking until I read information emailed to me. I was left to decide what I wanted needed before they would talk to me. They did not seem at all keen to come out and assess our particular situation.

Our installation is due in January, so I am expecting continued good service from SAE.
Very helpful.
The only company that bothered to come to my house to quote.
They do all the work including meters,etc.
Offered good advice in regards to connecting to electric hot water system.
I can't comment on installation as it's going in next week.
Seemingly a bit slow in completing the connection to the meter. Still waiting two weeks after installation of panels and inverter. Show additional information
The salesman was very knowledgeable and professional. They were the only company to come to site to inspect and talk about what was best for me. The other 2 companies wanted to do everything over the phone and email, which would be ok for a normal install, but I have a few different roof pitches. This is why I decided to go through SAE. True Value Solar offered a better product for a cheaper price, but I didn't feel as looked after.
The office staff were great in organising the install quickly, however I have no confidence in the tradies who did the install. They installed it in the wrong spot even though they had a photo showing them where we agreed. They came back 3 weeks later to move it, and I was told they would call me first so I could meet them, but received no phone call... They installed it wrong again!
They system is up, but haven't heard from Energex yet to do their part, so it's not operational yet.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your online information it was a great way to start my journey into solar. Through contacting a number of solar companies it amazed me at the variety of ways I could be encouraged to go with them. Have been told so many different things about my roof. Eventually I decided to go with Radnor Sansoni from SAE and he has handed the installation over to Sunco so that I will still have the government subsidy. SAE would not have been able to install in time. Radnor has been constant, dealing with any problems straight away. He explained the panels and inverter to me in a language I can understand. I am hoping the same will happen with Sunco. My solar should be on in about a month. Thanks again. Kind regards Sue Show additional information
SAE were to carry out an upgrade of our meter box/fuses but was not done.
System was to be a 6.5kW but they were unable to install the number of panels as quoted - the wife & I were disappointed as we have not got what was initially quoted - ended up being 6.24Kw - gave us a discount of $100.00 off original quote.
In all fairness the system is working fantastically - the installers from SAE did a fantastic job - at this stage we have not had a single call from the Salesperson since our system was installed on 3rd November (over two weeks ago).
The whole experience was good. I felt very safe, as I know nothing of the intricacies of Solar Systems.
The Representative knew his product and was able to give comparisons which made the end selection easier for me.
So "thank you"
Hi Finn,
Yes , the system has been installed but not yet initiated... waiting for the power company to upgrade the meters and SAE has to come back to upgrade the power box where the meters are located. That should happen on Tuesday.
SAE was the best price , and then upgraded the system to the 6 kw for little extra .
Can't answer the "quality" question until it is started.

Thanks for your input... most helpful to the unknowing to be given some guidance.
Regards Tony
We are still waiting to hear from SAE when they will be installing the panels. Poor communication from SAE. Would be nice to know when they are coming so we can arrange our day. Show additional information
Still waiting for installation - appears to be a hold up with ergon. Show additional information
This company was very professional from the salesman to the installers i could not fault this company. Show additional information