SAE Group Pty Ltd

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

Take the power back!

SAE Group are celebrating 10 years in solar and more than 18,000 solar installations since 2010.

• We are Gold Accredited Master Electricians first and foremost
  • We are a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer
  • We hold ISO accreditations 9001 & AS/NZS 4801 for quality and safety
  • We are here for the long run - from your initial enquiry to installation, servicing and beyond – we are with you the whole way
  • We deliver quality installations and offer a 12 year workmanship warranty
  • Our offer onsite assessments to cover off all aspects of your solar proposal, including any electrical work, so there will be no surprises on the day of installation – and because we are sparkies, we can handle your electrical work as well
  • With offices in Brisbane, Tweed Heads, Coffs Harbour and the Sunshine Coast, we are always just a phone call away

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $10,800 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews (1010)

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.4/5

Original Review on 22-05-2021:

Professionals

The salesperson turned up at the agreed time and was also in uniform.
He pointed out the advantages and gave me a great rundown on my options.

Can only say that salesperson (Simon Anderson) was great to deal with and the key

Reason I accepted offer from SEA

Installation: N/A

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Steven, it's great to hear from you. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Simon, it sounds like he has done a fantastic job in supporting you on your solar journey. We have no doubt you will also be happy with the benefits your new solar powered lifestyle brings, enjoy!

8 months later we asked Steven: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Performance has been exactly what i expected with no issues or failures

Highly recommend

SAE were amazing to deal with. Dev, their rep was super friendly and I didn’t have to chase anything up, he dealt with everything. Value for money was on point, and as we had put aside two days for the installation, it only took one. Highly recommend SAE, very professional.

Thanks for the great review Joel! Dev along with the team will be happy to hear that you are impressed with their work. We appreciate the recommendation - enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle and the many benefits it brings!

Wonderful company to work with from the staff in the office to the installers

Sae were helpful to the beyond measure through the whole process. From quote to installation it was hassle free and quality work. Sae even helped with contact free installation through this current covid situation. Many thanks to the whole sae team

Thanks Tim, we couldn't be happier to hear that our team have taken such good care of you on your solar journey, especially during these difficult times. We appreciate those 5 stars in all categories! Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle.

Awesome!

Overall an amazing experience from the team at SAE - would highly recommend them. Special thank you to Tyson, Jack & Fingy who were all super helpful from start to finish!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We love hearing from happy customers and will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. We have no doubt that you will already be enjoying your new solar powered lifestyle and all of the incredible benefits it brings ?

The BEST experience

Couldn't be happier with SAE and their team. Mitch and his team installed the system in record time and in less-than-perfect weather conditions! Thank you all. Looking forward to days of sunshine.

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so pleased that you're happy with everything and will be sure to pass your comments onto Mitch and his crew! We have no doubt that you're new solar powered lifestyle :)

6.6 kW PV System

Sales person was professional and knowledgeable.

Installers were also punctual, polite and efficient. Stepped us through the workings of the system.

Only disappointment was the positioning of the panels. They were not in accordance with the drawing supplied and while I understand the reason, would have liked the opportunity to discuss positioning prior to proceeding.

Slight hiccup in office dealing with a payment reminder notice being sent prior to sending the invoice.

Hi George, we appreciate your honest review and are pleased that you are happy with our service overall. We will definitely take your feedback on board. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Excellent service from SAE

Efficient professional delivery & installation, turned up when they said they would, helpful and willing to do extra

Thanks for leaving us your feedback Alan, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with SAE. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Very professional

Very professional service from quotation through to installation. The proposed system was explained in detail before installation. Regular communication regarding installation date was received. Installation took place as scheduled over 2 days. Installation team very professional, courteous and maintained regular engagement to keep us informed of progress.

Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really happy to hear that you had a great experience with SAE, whilst on your solar journey. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Good experience but poor performance for the moment.

Great sales pitch. High quality product & competent team. We have a performance issue that is handled by the customer service (responsive). We could modify this review, depending on how the problem is solved.

Hi Aurelie, thank you for your review. We are currently waiting on Energex to have you up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we wait for them to complete their works.

A very smooth experience

From the initial request for a quote for a solar batteries and storage to the moment our home has become self sufficient the whole journey was smooth, fast and very well coordinated. The service has been tailored to our needs and communications have been professional, clear and helpful. Installation was performed in one day and by the afternoon our system has been supplying all our electricity. We were given an app to monitor our system too. We are very happy customers and can highly recommend SAE Solar.

Thanks for the fantastic review Olga! We couldn't be happier to hear that you are so pleased with your experience with SAE. If we can be of any help in the future please don't hesitate to reach out. Enjoy you're new solar powered lifestyle!

Very satisfied customer

The salesperson spent a lot of time assessing my requests, understanding my needs and then investigating a solution to fulfill my needs. Being rural, my aim was to move to off-grid capability and with this in mind, I needed a solution that was scalable and sufficiently current to be able to support latest technologies and support for the future. I give this a big tick!

Installation was marred by weather, but this did not slow the installers down. They prearranged to arrive a day early and start the install. I have to admit the installation is neat, with every consideration given to ensure that the equipment did not obstruct access. These are the best electricians I've dealt with in a long time. Another massive tick!

Follow up was prompt and factual. I would highly recommend the SAE team!!

Wow, great to read your review Llewellyn! We couldn't be happier to hear that you have had such a great experience with SAE. Glad we get your tick of approval all round. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Good notification of progress and the date of supply and installation of the solar system all work carried out was done in a very professional manner.

Installers punctual pleasant clean tidy and polite and advised regarding grid and smart meter connection

Thanks for taking the time to leave your 5 star review Murray! We are happy to hear that you have had a great experience with SAE. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Great Experience

Our 6kW solar system was installed last week. From our first contact with Mark at SAE right through to post-installation our experience with SAE has been very positive. A big thank you to Catriona who provided regular updates regarding our installation. Likewise, a big shoutout to Luke and his team for great work in installing our sixteen panels, taking us through the post-installation process and leaving a tidy worksite. Well done guys.
Some useful tips. Contact you electricity retailer to arrange the installation of your smart meter as soon as possible after SAE have advised you of your panel installation date. This will do away with any delays (in our case, fifteen days) before your smart meter is installed. We live on a rural property so the approval time to from our electricity supplier was longer; in our case a four week delay in obtaining approval from Essential Energy to install our system.

Thanks for your great review Denis, we appreciate the detail. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Mark, Catriona, Luke and the rest of the team. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle.

Great company to deal with , friendly and communication was good

Good service, great communication, polite and good craftsmanship - would highly recommend

Thanks Angie, lovely to read your 5 star review. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Great Installation

SAE provided a great experience from beginning to end. The quoting process was very thorough. The sales team were very helpful in organising an installation time suitable to me. The installation went smoothly and they were very tidy, polite and explained everything they where doing. The customer service followed up contacting my electrical provider to have a seamless connection.

Hi Glennis, we really appreciate your review, thanks for taking the time to leave it. It's great to hear that you have had a seamless experience with SAE. Welcome to the solar powered community!

First class company

This purchase was a pleasure from the beginning till the end, SAE Solar came and removed my old Solar System and waited patiently for my roof replacement to finish, promptly returned and fitted a brand new system in record time. They constantly kept me up to date and even followed up afterwards. I wish I had more work for them because it's rare to experience this level of professionalism from the entire crew. I would like to thanks them ALL for the great service.

Thanks for your wonderful review Ray! It's a pleasure to read how our team have taken such good care of you on your solar journey. Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further help. Enjoy!

Solar Installation with SAE Group Pty Ltd

We recently had SAE Group install solar at our home in Casuarina. The whole process from initial quote, through to the paperwork and then installation was very easy and also quick. We initially dealt with John as our sales agent and he was very good with explaining not only the hardware but also guiding us through the process. We dealt with Nikayla as our account manager and she was also very easy to deal with and made it easy. We then had Tanguy and his partner (I feel bad that his name has slipped my memory) do the installation. I can’t praise them enough for their professionalism, punctuality and work ethic as well as both of them just being very nice guys.

Overall I have no hesitation in highly recommending SAE Group to anyone looking to have a solar installation carried out on their house.

Thanks Tony! We really appreciate your recommendation and couldn't be happier to read such a great review of our teams efforts. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Fantastic Installer

From quote to install everything went as promised. The boys arrived on time and got straight to work. They made the install look so easy, they all knew what had to be done and when.
They worked straight through from start to finish without even a lunch break. At the end of the install they cleaned up and removed all rubbish as well as my old system they replaced. Excellent service indeed.
The operation and tracking of the system was explained to me in detail at the finish of the install.
I would have no second thoughts about recommending SAE to friends and family. They where not the cheapest quote but i am glad i went with them. GREAT JOB BOYS you should be proud of your work.

Thanks for your wonderful review Noel! We'll be sure to let the install team know that you were so impressed with their work. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Great job SAE

Very happy with the office communication and the installation team who were helpful and polite. I certainly recommend SAE.

Welcome to the solar powered community David! Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience using SAE. Enjoy!

Installers went above and beyond

From the salesman to the call centre staff to the excellent installation guys, everything was smooth and professional. Would certainly recommend

We really appreciate your recommendation Michael. Thanks for sharing your experience, it's great to hear that SAE have been able to make your solar journey such a smooth one. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Great experience all round.

From the quote to the installation, the communication, customer service and the quality that I have received from SAE have been brilliant. I couldn't recommend SAE enough if you are thinking about installing solar.

Thanks for all those stars Nathan! It's great to hear that you are so satisfied with our service from start to finish. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Great customer service

I recently upgraded my solar system. The original was installed by SAE Group and their customer service and price resulted in choosing them again for the new system. That was after getting several other quotes. The installation was done very professionally and they kept us informed what was happening on the day (e.g. when the power was being turned off) and helped us with the new online monitoring system. We can already see the value from the extra solar power being generated.

Great news Phil, thanks for taking the time to let us know of your experience with SAE. We have no doubt the benefits of your newly upgraded solar system will continue to roll in - enjoy!

Solar installation

From the outset the customer service was exceptional, installation was completed whilst I was off site but I was kept informed at all times and set up was explained via phone after hours by the installer Leon who was helpful at all times

Thanks for the great review Stephen! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with SAE. We'll be sure to let Leon know that you appreciated his efforts. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Very happy with our system

Sales person Reuben was fantastic. Very knowledgeable, answered all my random questions in the lead up to confirmation, helped source additional roof tiles (which was super handy) and nothing was too hard.
Installation ran smoothly - Luke and his team were amazing. They were early, polite, informative of what was happening even suggesting slight layout change and even put up with my excitable puppy.
Mikayla looking after the logistics was great, also happy with my questions and talked through the process and set up - love the app!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Jessica! Sounds like our team have a done a great job of supporting you on your solar journey. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to them all. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

This is the second system from the SAE group.

This is the second system from the SAE group. The quote was competitive, the boys fitting the system were very professional and on time. Would highly recommend dealing with this company. I got an outstanding Solar system with outstanding performance.

Thanks for the 5 star review Michael! We're glad to be able to offer you an outstanding solar system once again. Enjoy!

Great customer service

I found SAE very professional to deal with, they delivered on what was promised and always keep me up to date with the installation information. The customer service to 5 star and the installers on the day were polite, professional, and a wealth of knowledge. They keep the place tidy and cleaned up after the job.

I would highly recommend SAE for the job. We are very happy with our decision to go with them.

Great news Kendall, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that our team have taken such good care of you on your solar journey. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle.

Professional

Professional - the guys are installing it now and great to work with

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Elise! We have no doubt you will love your new solar powered lifestyle - enjoy!

Superb installation in difficult conditions.

Luke and his team installed the system over two days in difficult weather conditions. The installation was done in the least obtrusive way and everything was left in a spotless condition. Luke consulted and informed at every opportunity and the whole installation was a huge success. Thank you SAE.

The Enphase system was presented "up and running" and a full layout of all the panels was left in the box so that any future service would be made easier to identify. The Clenergy racks were tilted to the optimum angle for the orientation.

The quoting system was efficiently conducted by Reuben and the only delay was in getting the panels.

The grid connexion was completed and the only "missing" bit is the array page on the Enphase internet monitoring site. All in all a painless experience conducted by very pleasant people.

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Brian. We are really pleased to hear that you had a great experience with SAE Group overall. We hope you enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Easy from Start to Finish - North Brisbane

I had a positive experience with Roy and the SAE Team and I'm very happy with the end result.

- Quoting was quick and system came in under estimated budget
- Questions I had answered quickly. I had two timing switches added to quote for hot water systems in house and flat.
- Roy was right on time for site visit to ensure there would be no issues or extra costs with install e.g. Switchboard
- Good communication around the install process and other questions I had e.g. Solar inverter placement
- As soon as site visit was completed the official pricing and contract was received within 24hrs
- Install team arrived on time and had good communication around power outage times during install. Very neat install.
- Again good communication with my wife at the completion of install around the installed system and process having the system set up with my electricity provider.
- Site was left completely clean.
- System installed just over two weeks from site visit

Thanks for the great review Matthew! We will be sure to pass on your feedback to Roy and the team. Sounds like they have done a great job in supporting you on your solar journey. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Job well done from quote to install

Originally went to the SolarQuotes website for information and requested three quotes to add to our existing 3Kw system and SAE Group were one of the companies in our area that was recommended.

Whilst SAE were not the cheapest quote (not by much) their reviews, and the knowledge of their salesman Mark, were what got them over the line. We were not disappointed from then on. Office staff always got back to us with answers to any questions we had and were always courteous.

Installation team arrived on time on the date arranged and couldn't have been more professional, answering all my questions and explaining the whole process, and left site clean and tidy after completion.

Would recommend SAE Group to anyone needing a quality job done.

Hi David, thanks for your 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience with SAE Group. We'll be sure to let Mark and the team know that we have another satisfied customer! Enjoy your newly upgraded solar lifestyle.

Happy customer

Could not fault salesman and installers. Always happy to answer any questions at any time during the process. I would recommend SAE to anyone.

Thanks for the recommendation Garry! We're happy to hear that our team have looked after you so well on your solar journey. Welcome to the solar powered community!

SAE well worth considering!

SAE installed a 10kw Goodwe inverter with 30 x 390w Seraphim panels. To date its been in a little over a week and the power generated thus far has exceeded my expectations. I'm hopeful that my power bill will disappear all together. The installation was seemless, the team was professional, courteous and prompt.

Hi Paul, that's great news, and we haven't hit summer yet! Thanks for leaving us your review, we're really pleased to hear that you have had a seamless experience with SAE. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Solar energy

All very good and efficient, very nice installers and all questions answered

Thanks Daniel, great to hear that you are a happy customer. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Excellent customer service

Prompt and professional design of system and quote, resulting in a stylish, efficient and quality product.
The SAE installers performed a punctual, professional installation, and communicated well. The property was left tidy, and the tradesmen were polite.
SAE were on the pulse with their follow up of the system installation to ensure grid connection and online monitoring operation.

Thanks for your 5 star review Luke! It's wonderful to hear that you have had such a great experience with SAE Group. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Bryan. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Second system for me and still great

This is my second system from SAE Group. I had a good experience from the first system (different house). Roy was great to deal with and the support staff were great too. I haven’t had any issues with the product or the service so far. Will recommend to others.

Thanks for the 5 star review John! It's great to have our returning customers continue to be so pleased with our service. We appreciate the recommendation also. Enjoy!

Good performance.

The salesperson was a little green at first, I would have prefered more discussion around the placement of the panels for optimum return and I ended up asking all the questions. However, he came right in the end. The installation was good installers were polite and professional. They did everything, the only thing I had to do was organise for my meter changeout, but it was a simple phone call.

Hi Gavin, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are enjoying your new solar powered lifestyle!

Best overall experience

Right from my first email enquiry to Finn to the last contact at SAE Group my experience was professional, easy, smooth and a pleasure. Everything was on time and fast and because I was upgrading/replacing a system it was up and running that day. It is exactly the system I have been dreaming of for the past 10 years. A huge thank you to all involved.

That's great news Craig! We are really glad to be of help in assisting you to achieve your dream solar system. Enjoy!

Very disappointing as the system that was sold was deemed inappropriate when it came to installation. At no stage did SAE admit their error or apologise which was hard to comprehend.

Sales and quoting was all done remotely based on photos I provided. The other two solar companies attended site and provided valuable advice. In hindsight I wouldn't have proceeded with a company who couldn't be bothered meeting me and confirming my requirements.
Installation went smoothly although the Electrician raised the issue that the design that I had been sold (4 North-facing panels, 6 East-facing and 8 West-facing) was not recommended.

Customer service was terrible as I requested to be contacted by a manager regarding the last-minute change at installation time, however they were very dismissive and was more interested in stating that the design would potentially work but would not be optimal and was not recommended.

Where was the apology or acceptance of responsibility for misleading me with an unworkable design!

I will endeavour to spread the message to avoid this company at all costs.

Highly professional from start to finish.

All staff in all parts of the process were knowledgeable and highly professional. They took the time to clearly explain each step of the installation, then patiently and clearly took me through the technical side of the solar panels' operation.
The installers were excellent and took pride in their workmanship. SAE organised the grid connection and helped me through the retail side of things too. I was offered after sales support by by the sales team, the office staff and the installers. I did my research and I'm glad I did - SAE is an excellent company. Highest recommendation from me.

Hi Ian, thanks for taking the time to leave your fantastic review! We couldn't be happier to hear that you recommend us so highly. As our team mentioned, if we can be of any further help in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch. Meanwhile, enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!

Install and Customer service

From start to finish you really don't get better service than these Guys and Gils give. From the sales staff to the install Guys and the Girls in the Office everyone shown a professionalism that these days sometimes goes amist.

The quality of the system is way up there and every thing discussed in the quotation stage was achieved.

I was recommended to these guys and am so glad that I went with them.

Its difficult to name everyone but:

Ricky Sales Jill and my thanks for helping us through this.

Andrew Install Many Thanks for the great install and setup.

Zoe & Dannielle Great Service thanks for sorting out the logistics

All in all a great team and I have no problems recommending to future customers.

Great Work and again Thanks from Jill and Myself

Thanks for the great review Charlie, we'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team. It's great to hear that we have succeeded in looking after you and Jill so well on your solar journey. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Couldn't ask for a better experience

The quoting period was great, the sales staff were quick to respond and really got an understanding of our situation and provided multiple options that were in our budget. I was provided with much better information on the options for our new upgraded system, as well as explanations as to why which would be better.

The installation was good, with minimal downtime. The communication from the installers was good and kept me updated throughout the process.

The aftersales follows have been punctual and informative. I was advised of progression throughout the entire stage, and they were accommodating when we had to postpone the battery installation due to a structual issue.

I'm much happier with our new system than the system we had installed through AGL.

Thank you!

Great news Jamie, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience with SAE. Enjoy your new upgraded solar system!

Great Install team, after sales service lacking

The team that installed my system were great!

Sadly any after sale or install questions have been really poor.
Too difficult to get in touch with and then support poor as well.
System installed, and they leave you to do the rest.
If you want more after install support I'd suggest going elsewhere.

Hello Roland, I am sorry this has been your experience with us. I can see that you were chasing the credentials to your inverter and that you now have this information. Please do not hesitate to call us should you need anything at any stage

Job Well Done From Start to Finish

I very rarely give reviews. Keep them on their toes. In fact, I only recall giving 2 others. Well, SAE Group is different. I know they’re out to earn a buck, of course. But few businesses these days seem to be able to think like a customer or to provide the type of customer service they all promise to give. Again, SAE Group is different. The friendly and reliable culture at SAE seems to permeate from the head down. Every woman and man I have dealt with in person or by phone or by email has been courteous, friendly, thorough and professional. They are always striving to get things right for the customer. Both the salesperson (Deveron) and the installer (Leon) are superb at what they do. They never tire answering my many questions. They realise this is complex technology, with many pieces to integrate correctly for it to work well, and that most customers are still new to it all. So their approach has always been to treat it as an opportunity to teach us, but also to learn more for themselves. Everyone has a question they have not been asked before, or some issues with understanding the tech stuff. Sometimes I had to ask again. It’s no problem for them, and they are always available to answer, or they get back to me pronto, even after the instal.

We got an 11.6 KW system installed - with 28 x Sunpower Maxeon 5 -415-E3- AC Solar Panels and Enphase micro inverters, a Hot Water Timer, a standalone wifi/4G monitoring system and a Tesla Battery. We’ve only had it a few weeks and so far it’s all exceeding expectations. Our household consists of 2 large and 2 small beings. On sunny days the Tesla is charged to 100% by midday or sooner and it gets us right through the night with aircon running on heating. It’s now the end of Winter/start of Spring. The system is running the house and feeding the grid for the rest of the day until sunset. I look forward to seeing how it copes if the aircon is on all day and night in Summer. We get days in the mid to high 30’s °C here.

If you want cheap (or cheap and nasty) go elsewhere, but I very highly recommend this company because with such complex and crucial technology it is important to get it all done right, and done well, the first time with the knowledge they’ll not only still be there tomorrow but will actually deliver on the promised after-sales service.

Wow! That is an awesome review to read John. We really appreciate you leaving us such detailed feedback. It's great to hear exactly how our team, and your fantastic new 10kw solar system have exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to all of our team members. Welcome to the solar powered community - enjoy!

Very satisfied customer

I have been extremely happy with all contact with SAE from the time your representative first visited to give me a quote, to the pleasant & efficient office staff I regularly had conversations with, and the men who installed the panels & inverter.
I particularly want to thank SAE for their patience & understanding in regard to the prolonged time it took for my Body Corporate to give approval for me to install solar panels on my townhouse.

Installation was completed last Thursday 19th August 2021 by competent & polite workmen who left my premises very clean & tidy.

At time of writing this review the system has not yet been been connected by Energex although I expect that will change in the next week or so.

Thank you to SAE for great service & I'm looking forward to being online.

Hi Fran, thank you for taking the time to let us know that you are extremely happy with our service. We are pleased that you got your body corporate approval, and everything went well for you on your solar journey. We have no doubt that you will love your new solar powered lifestyle, enjoy!

Could not be happier!

The whole process, from basic information provision right through to the final install, was seamless, supportive, professional and friendly. We are SO happy that we chose SAE!

Hi Ian, thanks for the wonderful review. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with SAE from end to end. Welcome to the solar powered community!

Quality and Customer Service Are Everything

What set SAE apart was a knowledgeable sales rep who had knowledge of adding to an existing system. I wanted to add another 6kw to my existing 6kw system. Their approach is logically staged with a phone consult followed by a site visit once I decided to progress the project. The sales rep clearly loved his work, was friendly and suggested an easy solution to cover my existing inverter that had been installed outside. After panel manufacturer and layout were decided, inverter chosen, and features such as smart metre and higher amp powerpoint for car charging were determined, an organised installation scheduler contacted me for a date. A separate case manager followed up on my questions and provided information about the in-house team (not sub-contractors) who had been assigned to do my installation. The installation team showed up on time and spent a whole day laying out two arrays on two parts of my roof. The whole team took pride in their work and seemed to have a great rapport. The electrician was the project lead and his work was neat and tidy. He had to re-route the feed-in cable from the existing inverter to fit the new inverter. It was a better job than the original. Servicing and cleaning of the old system followed a few days later and involved new compliance updates. I have confidence in recommending SAE Solar. They are a well-run organisation, clearly a good company to work for judging by their positive customer focus, and they know the business. My only disappointment is a minor issue. I would love to link both my old inverter and the new inverter to the one smart metre. They use the same communication protocol, but I understand there isn't a bridge between the old (SME) inverter and the Fronius smart metre. This is a luxury, not a necessity. The main thing is my grid use has plummeted and my feed-in is up. That's a big win!

Hi Jeffrey, we couldn't be happier to read your in depth review of our teams efforts. It's great to hear that our approach to assisting our customers on their solar journey has been effective and appreciated. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team. Enjoy your new super charged solar powered lifestyle!

Original Review on 15-12-2020:

In progress

just waiting on installation happy to provide further feedback upon completition Original ratings

Thanks Steve, we look forward to reading your review. Meanwhile don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help.

8 months later we asked Steve: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

all good

The true gentlemen of the Solar business!

These SAE guys & gals were top notch !
I originally had many quotes, I chose SAE due to their integrity. I didn’t choose the cheapest job, but instead chose value for money & customer service & after care.
I ordered both Solar & Ducted air con.

From sales right through to installation, this entire team was amazing.
I had so many questions initially & throughout the sales & quoting process, Tyson was always knowledgeable, polite, prompt, friendly & never tired of my questions, giving me honest & open feedback to ultimately move forward.

The installation teams were punctual, polite, friendly, happy, worked as a team, adept, tidy & eager to do a high quality job.
They were genuinely appreciative of the work & thanked me for employing them for the job.

Customer service all round, both guys & girls, have been supportive, positive, super organised & kept me in the know.

Thanks SAE group for looking after us, I would recommend you to everyone.
Great job!

Hi Sallyann, we are thrilled to read such a glowing review of our teams efforts to support you on your solar journey. This level of service is exactly what we aim for. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, and thanks for the recommendation! Welcome to the solar powered community.

Professional knowledgeable installer

Very professional; good planning; excellent communication; excellent follow-up.

Excellent system (11.3kw system of Sunpower Maxeon 5 panels with individual built in Enphase micro inverters). Therefore not the cheapest but the best — Superb overall service.

Hi David, wonderful to hear that you are so happy with our service and you're new Sunpower/ Enphase system. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Enjoy your new solar powered lifestyle!