• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology designed by electrical contractors with over 40 years of combined experience.

SAE Group provide professional expertise in solar power, energy efficient lighting, solar hot water, air conditioning and all electrical services including level 1 and level 2 accreditation with Essential Energy.

SAE Group just won the best trade and service award in the Tweed region for the second year running 2011 & 2012. This award was voted by public. Great effort guys!

SAE Group also have an office situated at 2/8 St Jude Ct, Browns Plains QLD 4118

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

we are very satisfied with the service they provided, from the salesperson - Mr Paul Rykse to the installation team. they are very professional, helpful and friendly. Show additional information
SAE provided Seraphim Eclipse solar panels. After looking at your review and noting that hey did not have an office in Aus., I was careful in reading the contract [being a retired lawyer]. The salesman had assured us that, as your article pointed out, SAE would carry any warranty claims. However, the contract we were presented with said that SAE would only be responsible for products it designed and manufactured and undertook to "process" any warranty claims to the manufacturer. I did not believe that this contract placed any responsibility on them except to forward any warranty claim to China - I figured I could do that. I declined to sign and the contract was amended to include a clause that SAE would attend to repairing or replacing any warranty claim materials. They claimed that the contract was about to be reviewed and thanked me for my input but I suggest that other customers check it carefully - in particular clauses 6.5 and 6.6 Show additional information
We have only just installed so it is early days but the whole process has been very good so far with SAE. Show additional information
I am happy with them. Been having a few issues with it since installed. They came to fix it we had to wait 3 weeks. Still not sorted but hopefully will be soon. Show additional information
It's not installed yet so this survey is a bit premature. Show additional information
SAE Group sales and installation technicians were super helpful and courteous with every interaction we had. The system is performing as it should so we are very pleased with the outcome.

Appreciate you feedback. I will pass your words to all concerned.
Thank you.
It has just been installed so I can't comment on long term performance, but there were no issues with SAE or their installers.
Not overly impressed with the user interface on the Fronius inverter, and the fan is pretty noisy, but that's trivial really.
Installation is neat and tidy - labelling in switchboard is now messy and potentially a bit confusing as there are now two solar inverters feeding in.
Between the SAE office and Energex and the Christmas break, the system approval took close to a month to finalise, but again no real harm done.

Thanks for your feedback Rick. We always striving to improve our service and turnaround. Thank you for your note about the labelling. The xmas/January period had been a challenge with inverter stocks low Australia wide. Welcome aboard. Show additional information
I did not rush into a decision when spending that amount of money you want your decision to be right. Best suit our needs , was a good quality product with good backup. Thanks for the advice and support . Finn and the team. Ron.

Thanks Ron, for your feedback and confidence in SAE Group. Show additional information
I would be prepared to recommend SAE to others.

Thank you Chris. If you refer any friends that purchase please ask them to mention you so that we can send you the referrer reward. Show additional information
We ended up receiving two very competitive quotes. Both sales persons provided excellent service and had a good knowledge of their product. All backed up by information from Solar Quotes. The company we selected had a slight edge because of size and longevity of company. Our price included installation with solar meter.

Thank for your feedback Alan.
Welcome aboard.
The 3 guys who turned up were very courteous. Very amicable. Went about their business very professionally and we now have a system installed which is scheduled to be working by tomorrow midday.(2/9/2017).
After install the team leader explained all the things I needed to know and I hope that I will not let him down when it comes to ""Switch on"" tomorrow.
I have to say that SolarQuotes have been extremely helpful in all my decisions and it was well worth downloading their ""What you need to know about Solar"'
presentation.
A lot of pages but well worth the effort.

Thanks Frank. I'll pass your feedback on to Craig and the installers. Welcome aboard Show additional information
These guys were professional, showed up on time.
They were friendly and had a great work ethic.
They did an amazing job, so clear on everything. Highly recommend.

Thanks Elisabeth, I will pass on your comments.
If you do refer someone, please ask them to mention your name so you can get your referral reward.Or give them Johns direct contact details.
Welcome aboard.

Hi Michelle, thank you for lodging this review.
Welcome aboard.
I get random door sale people, texts, and phone calls from Solar companies looking for work fairly regularly. All use some rebate reduction, rising cost, and what ever else on the day to get a look in; and then waste my time and don't show up. I'm very happy I found Solar Quotes and educated myself a bit before getting the 3 quotes Finn suggests. All were different in their style, all were reasonably professional about it, and all had systems I believe that would work well. I felt comfortable with the process and felt like I had good control over it and not pressured or winging it in the dark.

I will pass on your comments to the team.
Recently had solar installed by SAE –
Salesman Mick fantastic! Really technically helpful and a really nice man, always returned calls and answered every question and just a really nice guy who was genuinely eager to help, a real asset to SAE!
Crew who put the solar panels on the roof – great, really helpful also, came the day they said they would and did everything they were meant to.
However – I received my invoice days after I had paid all monies and when I had reason to call, the office staff were not all that helpful.
Then we come to Ray – Wow! As the girl on the phone couldn’t seem to answer my question as to why the meter was not being installed in the timeframe given, I was passed to Ray, argumentative and rude and may be an idea not to let Ray anywhere near clients….
Overall, the whole process took way, way too long. All up it has been 3 months still have no solar power as I write this, but hoping it won’t be too long now….
Thanks Mick, even with Ray’s performance, you made the whole experience worthwhile.
The solar company I used was supplied by you to a relative in Ballina (who also has had a 3kw system installed by them at the same time) but not sent directly to me by you. It was 'SolarEze' http://solareze.com.au/

Organisation and install was done easily in a timely manner with both systems up and running fine. I had a 2kw system previously which they removed as part of the install and left with me to do as I wished.
I feel I have made the correct choice in choosing SAE SOLAR.The sales person knew what he was talking about not just a salesman.The installers were reliable and efficient and prompt.However it did take a while to get thesmart metre installed .Overall I found this company to be very friendly and helpful. Show additional information
One of the main reasons we went with SAE was that a representative bothered to come out and explain and answer our questions personally.another company did ring but the time was inconvenient. Never recieved a call back as promised. The third company didnt seem interested in talking until I read information emailed to me. I was left to decide what I wanted needed before they would talk to me. They did not seem at all keen to come out and assess our particular situation.

Our installation is due in January, so I am expecting continued good service from SAE.
Very helpful.
The only company that bothered to come to my house to quote.
They do all the work including meters,etc.
Offered good advice in regards to connecting to electric hot water system.
I can't comment on installation as it's going in next week.
Seemingly a bit slow in completing the connection to the meter. Still waiting two weeks after installation of panels and inverter. Show additional information
The salesman was very knowledgeable and professional. They were the only company to come to site to inspect and talk about what was best for me. The other 2 companies wanted to do everything over the phone and email, which would be ok for a normal install, but I have a few different roof pitches. This is why I decided to go through SAE. True Value Solar offered a better product for a cheaper price, but I didn't feel as looked after.
The office staff were great in organising the install quickly, however I have no confidence in the tradies who did the install. They installed it in the wrong spot even though they had a photo showing them where we agreed. They came back 3 weeks later to move it, and I was told they would call me first so I could meet them, but received no phone call... They installed it wrong again!
They system is up, but haven't heard from Energex yet to do their part, so it's not operational yet.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your online information it was a great way to start my journey into solar. Through contacting a number of solar companies it amazed me at the variety of ways I could be encouraged to go with them. Have been told so many different things about my roof. Eventually I decided to go with Radnor Sansoni from SAE and he has handed the installation over to Sunco so that I will still have the government subsidy. SAE would not have been able to install in time. Radnor has been constant, dealing with any problems straight away. He explained the panels and inverter to me in a language I can understand. I am hoping the same will happen with Sunco. My solar should be on in about a month. Thanks again. Kind regards Sue Show additional information
SAE were to carry out an upgrade of our meter box/fuses but was not done.
System was to be a 6.5kW but they were unable to install the number of panels as quoted - the wife & I were disappointed as we have not got what was initially quoted - ended up being 6.24Kw - gave us a discount of $100.00 off original quote.
In all fairness the system is working fantastically - the installers from SAE did a fantastic job - at this stage we have not had a single call from the Salesperson since our system was installed on 3rd November (over two weeks ago).
The whole experience was good. I felt very safe, as I know nothing of the intricacies of Solar Systems.
The Representative knew his product and was able to give comparisons which made the end selection easier for me.
So "thank you"
Hi Finn,
Yes , the system has been installed but not yet initiated... waiting for the power company to upgrade the meters and SAE has to come back to upgrade the power box where the meters are located. That should happen on Tuesday.
SAE was the best price , and then upgraded the system to the 6 kw for little extra .
Can't answer the "quality" question until it is started.

Thanks for your input... most helpful to the unknowing to be given some guidance.
Regards Tony
We are still waiting to hear from SAE when they will be installing the panels. Poor communication from SAE. Would be nice to know when they are coming so we can arrange our day. Show additional information
Still waiting for installation - appears to be a hold up with ergon. Show additional information
This company was very professional from the salesman to the installers i could not fault this company. Show additional information
Our system is in two independent arrays of 12x260w panels each one facing NE and the other NW. Only the NW array is running at the moment as we had to delay installation of six of the panels on the NE side due to awaiting installation of a verandah roof after which SAE will return and install them and hook them into the inverter. Since 4 Aug when it was turned on (still awaiting Energex to provide the feed back meter) we have averaged 11.62Kwh of power/day so expect to at least double that when the full two arrays are operational. Given we are only a retired couple, and the average Oz household uses 18Kwh/day, we expect to be in a credit situation even only getting a FIT of 6 cents/Kwh. An additional bonus was the installation of a timer on the electric HWS which turns on power only between 0900 and 1500 and since we shower at night we have enough hot water to wash the dinner dishes as well and it's still warm to hot in the morning. This means we are using the sun to heat water albeit in a round about way. Well done SAE. If you like I can provide an update on things once we get a power account after operating a cycle on all 24 panels with the FI meter.

Thanks Al,
You can email me direct on [email protected]
Interested to see your results.
After talking to the three companies that you recommended to quote, we would have no hesitation going with either of them, all fully professional. Show additional information
SAE were very helpful although i havent got to install yet, some delays with ergon being a bit difficult and will only allow 1.9 kw grid feed in my area which is not much of my 6.2 kw system , hopefully in the future (maybe 5 years)will be installing a battery system so not too concerned , thanks for all your help solarquotes, i would have been lost without you and paid twice as much for an inferior system Show additional information
I would recommend them. Show additional information
System will be installed end of July; waiting for new German inverter as Essential Energy has put a limit on the proposed system but we want to have the maximum number of panels for future use for battery system. Show additional information
Very happy with all aspects of the overall process. Show additional information
The system is due to be installed within the ensuing 4 weeks. The service I have received so far has been very good and that is what my choices are based upon. Show additional information
1. It takes more than a week for somebody to come to check the system after reporting problems.
2. SAE seems to have little knowledge about the product they are selling
3. At this moment waiting 15 days since somebody came and 22 days since reporting the fault.
4. At present waiting to have either the inverter replaced
Or it is only a software problem and an update will fix it, quote Solax "We have a solution which is currently being tested and will be available early next week."
5. The Solax monitoring system is only working partly because some equipment was not installed (a meter to check power going back to the grid) but SAE informed me for another $300.00 they will add a meter.
Or I can see part on my computer and then go outside past some houses in our complex and get additional info from the meter installed there.

I am of course wrong, expecting a fully working monitoring system to be included with my Solar system for $ 10.000.00
As per email, a 15kW system has been installed and fully approved for feed in to Energex that rating. We have 3 phase that helps I guess. SAE were very good to deal with, and were successful in getting an oversized system approved, excellent!

Cheers, Rog
I was very impressed with the initial contacts of 2 of the 3 solar companies Finn recommended. Also, both of them commented Finn was considered a solar expert and his opinion is highly respected. The installation team was also friendly and efficient, and my system is working well as promised and expected. Show additional information