SAE Group Pty Ltd Reviews

About SAE Group Pty Ltd, Solar Installers

SAE Group is a wholly owned and operated Australian company specialising in energy efficient technology, solar power, Air conditioning and overhead and underground Powerline Construction and High Voltage Electrical for Energex, Ergon and Essential Energy networks.

We directly import solar products which gives us a competitive price point and the ability to control the supply and quality of the products we install.

SAE Group is a multi award winning company and a Master Electrician, we are working to make Australia 100% renewable and supply quality products at a competitive price.

SAE Group Pty Ltd Solar Reviews

After signing up with a crap local company from the local newspaper, and after months of nothing but excuses I received my deposit back. SAE was doing some installing for this company but stopped dealing with them. During the interim, the initial contact Brodie at tweed heads SAE was extremely helpful in working out the situation and pointing me in the right direction. On further inquiries with SAE, the staff was good and and gave me info about a west facing roof, over-sizing the system and tilts to face more north. They came up with the best solution for my situation. I am still waiting for installation, however that is on me because I requested another brand of panel which they did not have in stock and am waiting on delivery. I could have gone with another company a bit further north for them same price but Brodie and the helpful staff service made my decision. Show additional information
Only hold up has been the installation of new meter! Still waiting!!!! Show additional information
The only down side so far, is the delay in installation. The company had to wait for the solar panels to come from overseas before they can do our install. Show additional information
Salesman was good but Admin/Head Office service was non existent. All communication has had to be initiated by me starting with checking that they had received the deposit.
I chased them up over this and was told that it was due to the fact that they were experiencing unprecedented growth and didn't have the staff on the ground as yet... great for them but not good for me !
The system is not installed yet, but we choose this installer as we already had a system installed four years ago in another property. Show additional information
SAE was in contact with us within a couple of days of our request through your website and came to our house to access the requirements two days later. The panels were installed three weeks later. Another two weeks for Ergon to reprogram our meter. (just in time for wet overcast weather). We have half the panels on the east side and half on the west side. It is all working well. Show additional information
After getting the 3 quotes we went ahead with our chosen supplier due to a price point.
One other was professional but a little lax on some details but nice enough, in the end was beaten by around 10% on price.
And another while trying making himself and company sound very professional was horrible to talk to and deal with - very negative. EG. was saying that we would have to move a small TV aerial as it might cast too much shade on to panels. Seriously, this thing barely casts a shadow ever and was also worried about a palm tree 15 metres from the house casting shade/shadows when it's shadow doesn't even reach halfway across the yard. In the end a complete wanker.
SAE group - very easygoing, professional, explained everything and gave us an on-the-spot discount/incentive.
I have not started building, but they are very nice and helpful people so far. Show additional information
Installers were excellent and tidy. Went out of their way to ensure every thing was done even replaced broken roof tiles.
Still waiting for the net meter installation. Thought that would have happen on the day.
I got Craig's contact from one of my friends. When I spoke to him ( i.e after hours) he said he will come to the site and have a look. Next day he took some time and visited my house and explained how the process works. He is very knowledgeable in solar power and explained about Solar panels, inverter, size of solar (Kwh- how much we actually require) and the orientation of Sun angle et cetra. I was pleased with the information provided by Craig. Brodie and Holly (Office staff) very prompt in response and they are very very flexible moving the date for installation due to my final settlement. The strong reason why I opted SAE is because they are the product distributors and has own installation team (Hemi Hill and his team). After the installation he did a walkthrough on how to monitor, set hot water timer and turn on and off the inverter. I really appreciate the way the whole team executed the installation. I got my second bill which is $4.66 and its the best investment I have ever done. Finally, from paper-work to post installation, SAE group dealt with efficiently and professionally. Thanks SAE and Thanks Craig's team.I strongly recommend! Show additional information
One and only sales person/company who was not ignorant, did not omit, deceive or downright lie about product and service.
Spent plenty of time personally on site with us and explained many things which none of the other companies even came close to talking about.
No hesitation in recommending SAE to anyone based on the experience so far.
My phone and email contact with Nathan Giovanni (Senior Energy Efficiency Consultant) meant I was able to upgrade the originally quoted system to the system I wanted. Nathan was incredibly helpful with information, so that I was able to decide on the number of panels and the make of panels and inverter I would like. The office staff (Brodie and Emmaleigh) were supportive before and after the installation so that I was informed regarding what I needed to do and what to expect. On installation day, Mitch and his team of two others were delightful - punctual, efficient, pleasant, courteous, not excessively noisy - and tidied up the rubbish before they left, so the best one could hope to have. The whole process proceeded without any hitch, and was not at all daunting as I had suspected it might be. In short, a brilliant experience, thank you! Show additional information
SAE provided knowledgable advice and a competitive quote. SAE have been operating in my area for a long time so I felt confident that they knew what they were talking about in their recommendations.
The installers were very helpful and tidy and went out of their way to ensure I understood everything about my solar system.
Great company overall.
From our first meeting with the company rep to the electricians who completed the installation, the SAE Group gave us every confidence that we were dealing with a firm which would carry out all that had been promised. Show additional information
Great sales representative. I asked not to be sold to, rather to discuss the pros and cons of various options, which he was happy to oblige.

Once I signed the contract and paid the deposit, the system was on my roof a week later. I did, however, have to chase the administration staff for them to confirm receipt of the contract and deposit monies. Once I did this the install date was advised (to be two days later).

Installation contractors were late arriving on the day of installation. When I called their office to confirm I hadn't made a mistake on the date or time a message was taken and I was advised my call would be returned (this came the following afternoon).

The install itself took place while I wasn't on site, unfortunately, it looks like no effort was made to route cabling through the timber-clad stud wall, rather a conduit was run from the ceiling to the isolation switches and inverter. Not a big deal, but for the extra effort it would have looked a lot tidier.
System has not been connected to grid, so cannot see how well it works. Suspect I may have a minor problem since I installed a 3 phase system to accommodate the air conditioning system, but not convinced it is on the correct connection as we have two different power boxes. Show additional information
I was very happy I choose SAE Group for our solar panels. They were very helpful in guiding me through the solar process and finding what best suited our family needs.
The salesperson and the team installing the system were great, and I was happy supporting an Australian business and doing my part for the environment. I really can see the value in the panels, and consider it money well spent. I definitely would recommend investing in solar panels and using this company.
Salesman John Cook was a pleasure to deal with, had his own recommendations and listened to what we wanted with size and price.
Energy output has exceeded expectations, install team prompt and professional, communication great.
Being a local, established business was also a factor in our choice.
While I have committed to buy a system it is yet to be installed. Show additional information
Installation went ahead without a hitch. On a cloudless day the panels are generating just shy of 35 kw per day which exceeds our expectations, so very pleased. On a cloudy day about 26 kw is the lowest ive seen so far . Ive noticed other people have mentioned Sungrow Inverters can be noisy, the one we have is completely silent, so overall i am very happy cheers Show additional information
I highly recommend SAE Group to anyone looking for a Solar system and ducted air conditioning. Having just built, I recently engaged SAE for the Solar & Ducted AC. Price wise they weren't the cheapest or the most expensive - quality was of the utmost importance and SAE have delivered on every aspect.
The whole process was seamless, the staff were very professional, completely honest and upfront making the process from start to finish outstanding.
I found everyone we dealt with at SAE Group to be knowledgeable and competent and completely understanding given the million and one questions I had.
The ducted AC works a treat and kept us cosy on those few cool nights this winter. The solar system looks amazing and is working great. I haven't had a bill yet (though I am super excited to see one). With the monitoring I purchased I can see I am 100% self-sufficient every day between 6am and 6pm plus I am constantly exporting 5kW every hour to offset my service charges and hopefully most of my night time usage.
Waiting on energex to come and take their equipment and to sign off Show additional information
We contacted several solar people and SAE were the only ones to turn up. Mark Chandler came out and explained the system its output and any other details we needed to know we were very impressed with his professional approach. We were kept informed regarding the installation, govt grants etc. When the two men turned right on time to install our system they were so very nice and all went well also they were very neat and tidy. We are so happy were are averaging 29 kws at the present time. They were so professional from start to finish we would highly recommend them. Pam and Murray Show additional information
Mark the salesman was friendly and efficient - he answered all my questions (and there were lots!) immediately sometimes even at 10pm! He also went through the other quotes for me and explained how his quote differed and he even beat a competitors price by a substantial amount to get my business.

Once we signed the contract installation was relatively quick - I think Essential Energy held things up a little. Unfortunately the STC rate changed and that meant we had to pay a bit more for the system than originally quoted but that was clearly in the contract and was to be expected with the rate fluctuating so much recently - just wish we had got in earlier!!

The office staff were friendly and responsive and the installation team were fantastic - quick and professional, extremely polite and punctual!

We are now waiting on our Net Meter (again waiting for Essential Energy I think) but are not too worried as the electricity generated by the panels is winding back our meter every day and effectively earning us 30 cents per kilowatt anyway!

Once word of warning - the contract stated that we had to go to the manufacturer for any warranty claims whilst the salesman said we would go to SAE for any warranty claims - I asked for the contract to be amended and suggest anyone else do the same. I think it's a standard contract but it really should reflect what the salesperson is saying!

Overall a great supplier - very happy and have already recommended to others.
My experience from SAE to-date has been nothing but positive, I could not fault either their initial salesman, their installers, or the admin and office staff who assisted us on each visit.
Thank you all very much.
Was happy with price installation ect but when it came to aftersales service it is awful I was promised a free service and have been waiting over 20 months yes 20 months so if you live out a bit consider your local bloke Show additional information
They monitor our solo all the time from office at Tweed Heads Show additional information
We have had the best, professional service and I would highly recommend them. Damian had so much patience explaining everything to us. The installers were really pleasant, introduced themselves and had smiles on their faces. We will definitely recommend them to others. Show additional information
I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this company Show additional information
All 3 companies that were suggested called me within 3 days, & 2 of the 3 came to the property for onsite meeting & inspection of roof space. My meeting with SAE sales rep provided the most comprehensive information & good follow up. All my questions were answered with patience, respect & clarity. I was kept informed by the company every step of the way. Installation has just been completed. Show additional information
Wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive for a 6.27KW system.
Installed when was told it would happen. Installers very polite, friendly and willing to answer the questions I had.
Service has been very good as was having a problem with voltage limits, engineer came out and changed setting on Inverter and no issues since then. Engineer was also very helpful and learnt a lot of useful information from him about the 5KW Fronius Inverter I have.
Installers did a great job Show additional information
We were just having some repairs carried out to an existing system and chose SAE Group because they were recommended, and so glad we did after experiencing and hearing of other dodgy operators. The prompt no fuss, no frills approach by admin, together with the excellent service provided by their knowledgeable and experienced technician was a breath of fresh air and made for a pleasant experience.

As this service was for repairs only, I obviously didn't purchase a fully installed system from SAE Group as indicated below when I clicked in the certify box. This action was just to progress the review.