Solargain Reviews

Solargain is one of Australia’s leading solar power providers, with more than 21 offices and warehouses countrywide. Having been around for over 20 years, we’re regarded as one of the best structured and integrated solar power and solar hot water companies in the business. We have also expanded to become one of the largest and most trusted solar service companies in Australia, offering homeowners and businesses a wide range of energy?efficient technology to help reduce electricity consumption and save you money.

We pride ourselves on quality solar and renewable energy solutions and are known in the industry for our achievements, including:

1. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, with 21 locations across the country.

2. Dedicated after-sales solar Service Department.

3. ISO 9001 certified for Quality Management Systems.

4. We’ve installed over 65,000 systems across Australia.

5. CEC Approved Solar Retailer and who only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

6. We’re ranked among the top 3 solar installers (by volume) nationally according to Sunwiz data.

7. Partnerships with some of the world’s leading solar manufacturers

Reviewers report paying: $3,500 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solargain Reviews (858)

4.2/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.2/5

Excellent advice

Michael from Solargain was very helpful and came and assessed the roof in person. He talked through any questions I had and also checked in on the day old the installation. The installer came on time and completed the install in one day as promised. There was a delay initially due to Covid19 which meant the install was delayed. This was not the fault of Solargain. Overall I was very happy with all aspects of the process.

High Quality Installation

Solargain did a great job from start to finish on our installation a few years ago and I'd highly recommend them. We opted for a SolarEdge system with optimisers to manage some shade cast by trees and its going really well. The panel level analysis is also really useful to see which panels are performing best but also in our case to spot which ones birds like to poo on the most!

Hi Caroline. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your recommendation, it's wonderful to hear that you're already enjoying every aspect of your solar energy system. If there's ever anything we can help you with please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 29-09-2020:

Easy process.

Large company which I thought might be a little impersonal, but even though no visit to the property, everything went very smoothly and as promised. The installation was carried out easily and professionally. All paperwork completed by the company, and any query was quickly resolved by great customer support. Original ratings

Hi Richard. We're very happy to hear that you had a good experience with our team, customer support has always been one of our primary focuses. If you ever need assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is performing perfectly and very happy with it.

Fantastic experience

They met our expectations. People who installed were on time and helpful with our questions.

Hi Emmanuel. We're glad to hear that our team were able to provide a good installation experience for you, and hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions about your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Easy to deal with and very helpful

Solargain were great at helping me select a suitable system. Their follow up was good, without being pushy. The installers did an excellent job and did it cleanly!

Hi Rowan. Great to hear you had an excellent experience with our team and that you're happy with the system you've chosen. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Microinverters now competitive for 3 phase installation

My roof is steeper than usual with shading issues and 3 phase installation a bit tricky due to voltage rise concerns.
I was very pleased when Solargain were able to make the previously too expensive Enphase microinverter system competitive with a fully optimised string inverter system using 17 * 370 W panels.
Panel by panel monitoring, lack of DC isolators and 3 phase balancing are additional benefits of this system.
Installation was punctual, efficient and of a high standard. The crew enjoyed their work.
Areas for improvement include:
8 week delay between signing up and installation.
Connection approval went smoothly, but the office didn't keep me informed of progress.
Delay in connection to the Enphase monitoring system.
While its very early days, I can recommend Solargain / Enphase on ther basis of quality price and performance to date.

Hi Mark. Thank you very much for your recommendation, it's great to hear that your experience with our team was smooth and satisfying. Thank you also for your recommendations, as we're always seeking to improve. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great system but poor installation and customer service

1) Sale/quoting process was informative and useful

2) Installer was polite and punctual. However he was more junior because the main installer owner wasn’t there and there were quite a few issues with
- removal and disposal of the old system (installer had no room because they had a second job to go to)
- connecting the inverter to the WiFi ( installer didn’t know how to )
- installer forgot to replace two roof tiles ( rained heavily later that day )

3) Service department in Perth was obstructive regarding WiFi connection. However got onto someone who was able to help later.

4) The issue throughout the whole installation process was lack of communication between the installer and solargain. The installer didn’t know what to do with the problems but did not contact solargain either so I had to sort out the issues myself. Felt like I was doing their job for them.

Original Review on 05-08-2020:

Installed in one day, got the products as agreed, few issues.

It is weird that I used an installer that was provided in the 3 quotes, they were CEC accredited. Gave me good warranty conditions and the sales and installation process was good.
All the components were what was agreed with.
- They did leave the meter board in a bad state, admittedly it was tight, but they couldn't fix the cover entirely and had to seal the enclosure with silicone.
- The hand over was very quick, I had to set download the app and login myself, then I noticed that the usage meter was showing opposite so I had to call and get them to come back and resolve.
- the wifi has already disconnected one on the Huawei inverter, the support helped me to troubleshoot, but not a good sign.

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. This is not in keeping with our usual standards and we will be passing this information on to management. We are glad to see that you already have a service case open and that our team is working to resolve these issues. If you ever need further assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Travis: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. All good so far, very reliable, no issues with the installation.

Original Review on 29-07-2020:

Good job at a good price

The salesperson was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, gave me options and a good price. The installation process was great, on time and a good job. Post installation went as promised. Original ratings

Hi Brett. We're happy to hear that our team was able to deliver on all fronts and that you had a good experience throughout and past your installation. If you ever need further assistance you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Brett: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system has performed as predicted and I'm very happy with it.
This was a ground mount system at our farm and the guys were very co-operative re the installation

Hi Andrew. Great to hear that the team were able to provide you with a great installation experience. If you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 08-06-2020:

Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation

All the above - Excellent
Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation-

Hi Barry. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this glowing feedback, we couldn't be happier that you had such a great experience with our team. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Barry: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

DefinitelyYES

Original Review on 21-07-2020:

8.58kW Jinko Panels with a 8kW Sungrow inverter

Overall I would rate the entire experience of getting our system from Solargain as average - good but not great. After comparing a few different quotes I chose Solargain as they were the cheapest for a comparable quality system. If I were to do it again I would probably pay slightly more for a better quality installer however I am very happy with the end result of the system.

The customer service I received was great, from the sales rep through to the admin staff and installers. However there were a few issues during the installation. Firstly the installers were subcontractors (Platinum Electricians) rather than direct employees of Solargain. This caught me off-guard however did not prove to be an issue.

During the quoting phase I was initially told I could fit 29 panels as we were looking to install as many as we could. I insisted that a physical site inspection and measure was done prior to the installation to ensure they would all fit as planned (the quote was done during COVID lockdown so used only satellite imagery). The measure picked up that I would only fit 26 panels. However on the day of install it was discovered the agreed layout did not fit. Luckily the same number of panels were able to be used but it was frustrating that even after the measure they couldn't get it right. More frustrating is the fact that based on the final layout that was installed, it appears there is actually room to fit at least 2 more panels.

Following the install I noticed 2 issued. First was that the isolator cover on the roof was actually overhanging the edge of the roof. Second was that the export limiting was not set up on the inverter (which had I not been an electrical engineer probably wouldn't have been picked up resulting in an install not up to energex standards). I advised Solargain and they arranged for the installers to return and both issues were resolved promptly.

I have also noticed that we receive a fair bit of shading in the morning due to a large tree on the far side of our neighbours property. This is something we were never told about and I am hoping during summer this won't be a problem.

Hi Dylan. We wanted to take a moment to apologise for any break downs in communication that may have occurred during the quoting process, in general, we would prefer to attend via site-visit, but due to the COVID lockdown, this was not feasible at the time. As to the issues during installation, unfortunately, these things do sometimes happen, however much we try and avoid mistakes, but we're glad to hear that the issues were at least resolved swiftly at no additional cost to you. In regards to the shading, this shading on your panels was accounted for in your production predictions, and will not affect production, as your system does not go into full swing until 10 AM, by which point, even in winter, the shading will have moved off of the panels. We hope this has helped to put any concerns about the shading to rest, but if you do see any drops in production compared to the predictions provided to you, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, Solargain.

7 months later we asked Dylan: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

After 9 months operation the system is still performing great. We had one issue where the timer for the hot water system failed, however solargain were quick to respond and replaced it free of charge under warranty.

Can 100% recommend Solargain

Can 100% recommend Solargain. Great customer service (Tom and Michelle answered all questions in a timely manner, gave great and tailored advice about what system to get e.g. panels, size, inverter, and were 100% transparent throughout the whole process).

Good value for money. I absolutely love my system which they installed in a flash without a single problem. I really recommend solargain, such an awesome feeling once you start watching all the free clean power coming in :).

They gave me a tonne of options to select from, gave me transparent advice on all of them, installation went without a hitch, patiently answered any questions. Great stuff.

Hi Iain. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your glowing feedback. There's nothing better than hearing from a customer who's absolutely loving their new solar energy system, great to hear how it's already bringing in solar power for your home. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 19-05-2020:

Excellent install poor after sales service

Presale service was good. Install very good. After sales service was poor Original ratings

Hi Danny. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we always appreciate customers letting us know where we can improve. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Dany: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Review removed at the request of the reviewer

Learn More

17.7kw panels with 15kw inverter

Solar Gain were great from start to finish. salesperson was very knowledgeable with years of experience. installation was a smooth and simple process.

i installed 17.7kw jinko panels on panels and 15kw 3 phase sungrow inverter and i am producing up to 115KW/day on a good day. Installation was very neat and tidy and installer went above and beyond and repaired a couple of holes in my roof with out even asking.

Highly recommend solargain as a supplier and installer for your solar needs.

Hi Grant. It's fantastic to hear that you had such a great experience with our team. Always good to hear when our customers experience great production levels from their new systems too! If you ever need assistance we're happy to help, just contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Waste of time and money

My system is 8 years old. Had to call back installers to repair leaking roof the next day. System did not yield the benefits suggested. Perhaps because they placed the panels in such a way to make his job easier and not to get maximum benefit from the sun. Second inverter now is faulty. Replacing an inverter every four years, on average, strips away all benefits of having the system. Office told me sorry warranty has lapsed but I could claim on my household insurance. With a $500 excess this was not an option. I did not take up the offer of a half price service call either. Ultimately the whole exercise was a waste of time and money. It now costs me more for this system than going on the traditional grid.

My system goes into alarm, red alarm light comes on and shortly after the red alarm light goes out and so on and so on. I have been told, by an independent source, that my system is trying to feed to the grid but with so many other larger and newer systems in the area trying to do the same it sends my system in to fault. I would be interested in any similar information.

Hi Ray. Apologies for the delay in reply. This sounds to use like Grid Voltage Rise, this is a common issue that inverters have been experiencing as solar becomes more and more prevalent in Australia, however it is not an issue with the inverter, it is an issue with the grid being unable to handle the amount of voltage being sent into it. A grid Voltage Rise does not cause your system to shut down, it will cause it to go into a state of decreased production until the grid is able to handle your export, or you use all the energy you are producing within your home. As for the other issues you are experiencing, we are sorry to hear about them. If you would like assistance, we'd be happy to see what we can do to improve your experience with your solar. You can contact us on 1300 73 93 55, or on [email protected] Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain Perth

Multiple quotes provided, and amended to tweak for my needs / requirements. Talked through options and replied to further amendments and adjustments in a timely manner. The installers were good, seemed a bit heavy footed on the roof but maybe that's just because it sounded loud when working from home for the day. Otherwise they were very professional, I was surprised they were contractors as I thought they had there own team of installers (not that this was of any concern in the end).

Customer service has been great, monitoring was set up within 3 business days after installation after they said it could take up to 10 business days.

The SolarQuotes website was a very useful website to help with understanding everything you need to know. I researched for about 3 months and was well invested in ensuring I got a system to met my expectations. I suggest you DYOR and get enough quotes to make a sound decision. I found I would often find myself back at the SolarQuotes website when researching and learning all about Solar.

Hi Jamie. We're happy to hear you were happy with your installation. We agree, doing your own research is a very important part of solar, and you can always get the best result if you understand your own needs in regards to your system. If you'd ever like assistance with your system, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 12-03-2020:

Great installation at a fair price

All smooth sailing from start to finish , Phil the installer was great , didn’t even have to pay a deposit just paid the whole amount on completion Original ratings

Hi Heath,
Glad to hear you've had a great experience with us. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Phil. If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain

8 months later we asked Heath: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Haven't had any problems so far and the system is performing very well

Smooth process

Sales rep was very informative and happy to run various quotes based on different options. Installer on the day also very lovely. Solargain will submit all paperwork to get rebate

Hi Jessica. Great to hear our team were able to help you through the whole process. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. If you ever need assistance with your system, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic experience with Solareze

I cannot recommend Solareze highly enough.
Absolutely 5 star service across the board - from the home visit for quotation purposes; to the very thorough, detailed and informative written quote; to the smooth and efficient installation service.
Thanks very much to Rob, Peter and the whole team.
Very impressed.
Chloe

Very kind and helpful company

Took up the Solargain-Ikea deal on a 5.5kw system. There was unfortunately a misunderstanding about the location of the inverter, however after discussion with Leanne and Kevin from Solargain and the installer Paul from Smart Link Electrical, they kindly agreed to relocate it.

In the interim, a roof restoration was done - the roofers were impressed with the panel layout and installation, which was one of the best they had ever seen. It seems a lot of installers make their lives difficult by installing too close to the ridge caps, or putting holes in tiles.

We are still waiting for the system to be turned on, but are very grateful to Solargain and Smart Link Electrical for their efforts to resolve the situation.

Hi Stuart,

We're really glad to hear that our team was able to resolve the issue in such a satisfactory manner, and that the roofers were impressed with our panel layout, that's a nice little feather in our hat! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we can't wait for you to start enjoying your solar energy system. If you ever need assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain - Solar made easy

Matt from Solargain was great as were the installers. System not connected to the grid just yet, very happy with the advice and the system we have installed.

Would recommend Solargain.

Hi Rob. We're glad to hear that you had such a good experience with Matt and the team, we'll be sure to pass on your kind words, we're sure it will make their day. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 21-02-2020:

Good job at a good price.

Easy quoting process with a site visit - knowledgable and not pushy.
Installation took two days, when I was informed it would take one. Very thorough and tidy though, so I didn't mind - just lucky I had two days off work to be home.

Good after sales service - not excellent, but good.
Went with 9.9kW of Jinko panels and a Sungrow 3 phase inverter. Paid $500 extra for Sungrow Smart Meter, which is good for the stats, but doesn't track overnight. If I was aware of this, I think I'd either have gone with a Solar Analystics option (which Solargain weren't keen on installing for me), or apparently the Fronius does track overnight, so I would have factored that into the extra cost of going with the Fronius inverter with Smart Meter (about $1,000 more), and maybe gone down that road.
System performing as expected - looking forward to my first bill (or credit?!). Just depends how much we use the aircon! :)

Hi Michael, thank you for your comprehensive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and thank you for choosing Solargain.

8 months later we asked Michael: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

The system is brilliant, and although the Solargain aftersales service wasn't five star (I'd give it about a 3.5 star rating), the aftersales service from Sungrow themselves has been great! The Solargain installers were great too, so I'd defiitely recommend Solargain Brisbane to anyone in the area! This month we're in credit again - so no electricity bills over winter is winning for sure! We'll see what summer is like running the aircon, but it'll definitely be better than not having solar on the roof! It's the best investment we've made to our home!

Best solution after being miss informed

I did not have a normal installation. My place is 2 storey with a suspended concrete slab up stairs and double brick construction. I'm also all electric with a 3 phase instant hot water unit. I could not have the inverter in the garage due to no hole in the slab for the 3 fase wires and the only other location would have been my balcony on the second floor. This of course was not acceptable due to the noise from the inverter.
In the end Solargain suggested I go with micro inverters and tie into my fuse box located on the second floor inside.
Also had to go to the council for permission as the building is rated Domestic / Residential. Phew it took weeks to get it all sorted.

Hi Victor. Thank you for your feedback, we're glad to hear that our team was able to find a solution suited to your unique property and the challenges it posed. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 10-02-2020:

Hi Russell,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we're happy to hear how pleased you have been with our service and we look forward to installing your system!

Solargain.

8 months later we asked Russell: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes, still waiting for summer solstice to see what their peak performance looks like, but with 5kW export limited will be difficult to tell.

No need to worry

There really was no need to worry. After a month of looking at options to replace our old Solar Hot water system and upgrade the Solar PV system ( old System was 3kw done by previous owner) we contacted Matt at Solagain Deception Bay. He was on the ball from the first point of contact, having initial quotes back to us withIn a day. Solagain came in almost half the cost of other comparable systems and used relievable products, sungrow inverter/Jinko panels and Solagain roof mount HWS. Once we accepted quote I was shocked that they could get it all installed the same week (other client had to postpone install) installation team arrived early, 2 teams electrical company for PV system and Plumbing company for HWS. Both teams knew their jobs, kept me informed the whole day and even showed photos of what they had done. All finished by 2.30pm. Left my home just as they found it, clean, tidy and even took the old system away. Getting solar is not an easy task so many things to look out for, but I was so happy we went with Solagain, good service, good products and good price, really no need to worry.

Hi Kerrie. We're glad to hear that our teams were able to provide a fantastic installation experience for you, and to hear that you've been satisfied with the entire process. If you ever need assistance we're always available to help, just contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

A satisfying experience

SolarGain were extremely helpful at discussing our requirements and the (dis)advantages of various sized systems and components. Interactions with the other companies were not unhelpful, just less so. We had a number of phone discussions and email interactions with SolarGain, each of which was very helpful. We ended up with a bigger system than we had originally thought, partly because we were convinced there were more options for add-on batteries/cars etc. Although the economics have changed a bit with reductions in feed-in tariffs, the rationale remains the same. They gave us four options of size and quality, each of which were sensible depending on our scenarios. SolarGain turned up when they said they would and the job took as long as they said it would - no surprises except good ones. Installers were courteous, competent and careful (it seemed to me). The system was up and running the same day. We have not had to chase them or our electricity supplier at all, everything was relatively painless. We had a hot water system installed at the same time - my only complaint is that the water pressure and temperature are not as high as we would like, but this is not SolarGain's fault. The water pressure issue was not anticipated, but is a feature of the system installed. The panel monitoring software (Solaredge) is magnificent and encourages us to look at what the system is doing each day - data is comprehensive, downloadable and very informative. It was up and running the same day as the install - painless.
In short, we are extremely happy with the install so far - after 4 months of operating, it is very satisfying.

Hi Colin. We're glad to hear that 4 months on you're still very happy with your installation. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic installer

Well organised from the quote up to the installation, very tidy installer. Organised everything for us.

Hi Cecilia. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need assistance don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Hi Norm. If we can we would like to do what we can to improve your solar experience. If there's anything we can assist you with please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Go Micros!

Salesperson seemed knowledgeable and interested, installation went as planned. Grid connection is still outstanding, as it‘s a renovation.

Hi Tim, we're glad to hear that your installation went smoothly. We look forward to your grid-connection so that you can start enjoying the benefits of solar. If you ever need assistance, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Professional and efficient installation

The sales and quote process was very polite and informative and the various options were discussed in enough detail to allow me to feel comfortable with the final product.

The installation was very efficient with installers arriving on time and being very tidy in their work.

All the necessary service work was done without any problems.

Hi. We're glad to hear that you had a great experience working with our team on your solar installation. If you ever need any assistance, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 03-12-2019:

Very good company to deal with

All of the above happy with everything
Would recommend the company and installers

Hi Shirley,

Thank you very much for the review and rating!

Solargain

8 months later we asked Shirley : "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Solargain they done it again!

I went with Solargain because, they provided Solar Hot Water System (iStore), Quality products, top notch installer, had the Green Loan that Solargain use. Mark Goodman from Solargain never pressure me in getting the system done, never follow up (which i like. Gives me time to consider to go ahead or not). he gave me full detail information and recommendation. Setup was very straight forward. And he never complain any quote i request with all the changes. Go with this MAN!

Hi Min, we're glad to hear that you had a fantastic experience with our team and in particular Mark. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to him. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 20-11-2019:

Very Professional. From initial contact to installation yesterday everything went to plan. No hiccups, no excuses it was a pleasure to do business with Solargain.

Sales Rep polite, professional, very generous with his time. Explained everything, answered all questions with good knowledge. Gave a quote on the spot, then emailed a detailed breakdown.

Installers arrived on time - clean and tidy, well presented, well spoken, polite chaps. Got straight into the work, no resting for these fellows, work was done very well. I was given a full run down of what they did, installer stayed a while to make sure everything was working as it should be.

I cannot fault the company or the employees.

Hi Jill,

Thank you very much for the kind words and thank you for choosing Solargain. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there's anything else we can assist with.

Solargain

8 months later we asked Jill: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Absolutely

Components failed

Install was ok, and system was working well. Just after 5 year warranty lapsed, we started having issues. Solargain Perth not interested in servicing. First failure was a temperamental breaker in the meter box, which I had replaced by an electrician. Now after 8 years the system has failed, possibly the inverter. Solargain again had no interest in servicing, just looking to sell another system at a premium price. Disappointed that the system failed within 10 years as they suggested the components were good quality when installed. Have chosen to replace the system using an alternative company.

Hi Andrew. We would like to request that you get in contact with us by emailing [email protected] as it is rather unusual that we would refuse service. The exception being that sometimes by the fault code alone we can diagnose that there is an internal fault and therefore a service wouldn't be necessary. In regards to a replacement, this may have been suggested as it would overall be a better investment to replace your system with a more modern unit, considering the age of your inverter. We wish you all the best with the alternative solar company you chose to go forward with, and thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. If there is ever anything we can do to assist you, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55.

Good service and install. Currently in despute over final price.

Initial quote had changed to add a rough in charge of $300. Currently in despite.
Install punctual and tidy.
Did damage a roof sheet but installed happy to sort out privately.

Hi Dale. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we'd like to apologise for the breakdown in communication surrounding the quote, and will be passing your feedback onto the sales representative. We're glad to hear that the install went largely smoothly. If you ever need further assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great Service and Installation

The guys at Solargain provided us with great customer service, advice and the installation guys were prompt, courteous and cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommend.

Hi Jason. Good to hear our team were able to help you so well, it always warms our hearts to hear a customer happily recommending our team after a good experience with us. If you ever need assistance, you reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 18-10-2019:

Would highly recommend this company

Clear explanation of system in quoting. I went for the bigger system but see now the smaller one suggested was perhaps wiser. The salesman was very honest & not “pushy” in any way.
Installation was punctual, polite & neat although we do have slight shade problem on one side in early afternoon.
Customer service was excellent. I am in my eighties & not really tech savvy & that was no problem. They arranged everything & returned to switch all on when the new meter was installed. I feel free to approach the company any time.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you very much for the review and we're very happy to hear you're experience was an enjoyable one.

Solargain

8 months later we asked Eileen: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

I am very pleased since we have had to use a large ducted air conditioning system quite a lot over the previous six (6) months.

Great customer service

Solargain were able to match any prices that I received, gave me Qantas FF points as an added kicker (this was not the deciding factor) and were also supported with sound reviews. This was also my experience. Despite the fact that I was zero export limited (thanks for nothing Powercor), Solargain remained in constant contact with me throughout and handled the escalation by putting through a second request. Despite being unsuccessful, this was not their fault and also helped with assessing against other systems based on this zero export limit. Tom was an outstanding help throughout the process. Only negative was the tradies requesting to use our bathroom at least 5 times (over 2 days due to rain) which I thought was a little odd and in breach of their no touch coronavirus policy.

Hi Guy. We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review, we always love hearing from our customers. If you ever need further assistance you can reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great all round experience

Matt, made the process very easy, answered my many questions with factual information. The install team were prompt and competed the work in a timely manner.
Thanks again.

Hi Dennis. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review, we'll be sure to pass your feedback on to Matt and the team. If you ever need assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 29-09-2019:

Couldn't Ask for Better Service

Graeme from Solargain was excellent. I had many quotes and chopped and changed between what I wanted before finally deciding. Graeme had no problems at all in re-quoting every time I wanted to change something. After finally deciding to engage Solargain, I had a date locked in with in a couple of day. I was heading overseas for a four week holiday and would only be back for two weeks before heading overseas again for work, so I had a limited time frame for when I wanted the system installed. The day of the install went great, the guys turned up exactly when they said they would and completed the work within the day. Overall, I'm very impressed from start to finish with Solargain. Original ratings

Hi Heath, we really appreciate your review and thank you for choosing us to install your system! Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there’s anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Solargain.

System has performed above my expectations.

Great consultation, professional from beginning to end

Will gave us the best sales experience. He was attentive enough to make sure I had the information I needed but never pushy or impatient. I asked for several option for system design and he gave feedback and worked through each with me til the install was set.

The installation team, led by Craig, was unbelievably slick. Craig consulted at every point, including battery & inverter placement, cable routing and backup configuration. We even had a discussion around the WHS requirements - our roof is really high and the guys needed to screw a scaffold up there.

After sales helped make sure the approval and connection with the grid was all smooth.

Hi Gordon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such good feedback. We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to the team. If you ever need further assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Good Quality System with professional service

I received 3 quotes as recommended by SolarQuotes. I decided to go with Solargain in the end.

Matt at Deception Bay office was always prompt with his replies and follow ups. He wasn't pushy and did exactly what i requested by providing me with different options for me to choose.I also find the quote layout simple to understand but also thorough. (For example manufacturing and performance warranty is listed separately). I wish I could say the same for other installers. I initially had questions and concerns over some reviews but Matt came out and explained everything to me in person which i appreciate. I would recommend anyone to do the same and give them a chance to explain it as some reviews might not reflect the entire truth.

Phillip and his team arrived on time on the day of installation. Phillip was very kind to talk me through the installation process and helped me understand how the system works. The team left our place tidy!

I would recommend Solargain to anyone.

Hi Ian, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this kind review. We'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the Deception Bay team. If you ever need further assistance, you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Good Quality System with professional service

Initially, I found the sales quoting process a little confusing as the panel rating chart on Solar Quotes promoted by Solaire Connect & Infinite was quite different to the panel rating chart compiled by CSIRO and promoted by Solargain. All of the sales representatives were very good at explaining the products and the process.

Hi Tony. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our sales representatives. If you ever need assistance you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Professional installers & service

Due to COVIDSafe initial quote done without onsite inspection. Competitive quote so we moved to next step & tradesman called out to inspect & easy process from there & good onsite info given

Hi John. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team members. If you ever need further assistance, you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 03-08-2019:

9 months later we asked Richard: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Inverter failure after 7 months wasn't expected. My previous solar system's inverter ran for 10 years without fault.

Original Review on 14-04-2019:

13 months later we asked Uwe: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Expectation exceeded.

Very happy.

UB.

28/04/20
The system was purchased through a reseller and was purchased on the basis of the most output for the dollars spent with a good element of warranty, no problems here.

The install process however was not smooth (not a simple install as 5 AC units and two riser pipes on the roof) however I did a lot of the preliminary layout work to make sure that there was adequate separation to avoid overshadowing. The installer was good and they completed the job in one day with only minor issues/damage and from this point things have not gone well. The inspection that is required before being able to lodge the system with the power supplier and get paid for the feed in took around 4 weeks to happen and when it did the guy was there for maybe 15 minutes so it was not complicated or onerous or obvious why it would take so long..

From there I have been trying to get a number of small issues deal with and the lack of timely response has been disappointing along with the lack of any one person or team to carry out effective after sales service checking to see if the client is happy with the product. Overall I would say its a fairly typical situation of focusing on getting the job, get the customer committed and then get the money.

Obviously can not say they are better or worse than other companies however its over 2 months post install and I'm still waiting on a fully functioning system.