Solargain Reviews

About Solargain, Solar Installers

Gold Partner
Solargain is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 90 132 725 501  ABN active since 13 Aug 2008 | Solargain Pv Pty Ltd
ACN: 132 725 501  ACN active since 13 Aug 2008 | Solargain Pv Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 20111150 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

NSW: 221565C Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

QLD: 76260 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 261922 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 23503 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

WA: EC 10367 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

Reviewers report paying: $3,850 - $8,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solargain is one of Australia’s leading solar power providers, with more than 21 offices and warehouses countrywide. Having been around for over 20 years, we’re regarded as one of the best structured and integrated solar power and solar hot water companies in the business. We have also expanded to become one of the largest and most trusted solar service companies in Australia, offering homeowners and businesses a wide range of energy?efficient technology to help reduce electricity consumption and save you money.

We pride ourselves on quality solar and renewable energy solutions and are known in the industry for our achievements, including:

1. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, with 21 locations across the country.

2. Dedicated after-sales solar Service Department.

3. ISO 9001 certified for Quality Management Systems.

4. We’ve installed over 65,000 systems across Australia.

5. CEC Approved Solar Retailer and who only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

6. We’re ranked among the top 3 solar installers (by volume) nationally according to Sunwiz data.

7. Partnerships with some of the world’s leading solar manufacturers

Solargain Solar Reviews

No need to worry

There really was no need to worry. After a month of looking at options to replace our old Solar Hot water system and upgrade the Solar PV system ( old System was 3kw done by previous owner) we contacted Matt at Solagain Deception Bay. He was on the ball from the first point of contact, having initial quotes back to us withIn a day. Solagain came in almost half the cost of other comparable systems and used relievable products, sungrow inverter/Jinko panels and Solagain roof mount HWS. Once we accepted quote I was shocked that they could get it all installed the same week (other client had to postpone install) installation team arrived early, 2 teams electrical company for PV system and Plumbing company for HWS. Both teams knew their jobs, kept me informed the whole day and even showed photos of what they had done. All finished by 2.30pm. Left my home just as they found it, clean, tidy and even took the old system away. Getting solar is not an easy task so many things to look out for, but I was so happy we went with Solagain, good service, good products and good price, really no need to worry.

Hi Kerrie. We're glad to hear that our teams were able to provide a fantastic installation experience for you, and to hear that you've been satisfied with the entire process. If you ever need assistance we're always available to help, just contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

A satisfying experience

SolarGain were extremely helpful at discussing our requirements and the (dis)advantages of various sized systems and components. Interactions with the other companies were not unhelpful, just less so. We had a number of phone discussions and email interactions with SolarGain, each of which was very helpful. We ended up with a bigger system than we had originally thought, partly because we were convinced there were more options for add-on batteries/cars etc. Although the economics have changed a bit with reductions in feed-in tariffs, the rationale remains the same. They gave us four options of size and quality, each of which were sensible depending on our scenarios. SolarGain turned up when they said they would and the job took as long as they said it would - no surprises except good ones. Installers were courteous, competent and careful (it seemed to me). The system was up and running the same day. We have not had to chase them or our electricity supplier at all, everything was relatively painless. We had a hot water system installed at the same time - my only complaint is that the water pressure and temperature are not as high as we would like, but this is not SolarGain's fault. The water pressure issue was not anticipated, but is a feature of the system installed. The panel monitoring software (Solaredge) is magnificent and encourages us to look at what the system is doing each day - data is comprehensive, downloadable and very informative. It was up and running the same day as the install - painless.
In short, we are extremely happy with the install so far - after 4 months of operating, it is very satisfying.

Hi Colin. We're glad to hear that 4 months on you're still very happy with your installation. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Fantastic installer

Well organised from the quote up to the installation, very tidy installer. Organised everything for us.

Hi Cecilia. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need assistance don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Hi Norm. If we can we would like to do what we can to improve your solar experience. If there's anything we can assist you with please don't hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Go Micros!

Salesperson seemed knowledgeable and interested, installation went as planned. Grid connection is still outstanding, as it‘s a renovation.

Hi Tim, we're glad to hear that your installation went smoothly. We look forward to your grid-connection so that you can start enjoying the benefits of solar. If you ever need assistance, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Professional and efficient installation

The sales and quote process was very polite and informative and the various options were discussed in enough detail to allow me to feel comfortable with the final product.

The installation was very efficient with installers arriving on time and being very tidy in their work.

All the necessary service work was done without any problems.

Hi. We're glad to hear that you had a great experience working with our team on your solar installation. If you ever need any assistance, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Installed in one day, got the products as agreed, few issues.

It is weird that I used an installer that was provided in the 3 quotes, they were CEC accredited. Gave me good warranty conditions and the sales and installation process was good.
All the components were what was agreed with.
- They did leave the meter board in a bad state, admittedly it was tight, but they couldn't fix the cover entirely and had to seal the enclosure with silicone.
- The hand over was very quick, I had to set download the app and login myself, then I noticed that the usage meter was showing opposite so I had to call and get them to come back and resolve.
- the wifi has already disconnected one on the Huawei inverter, the support helped me to troubleshoot, but not a good sign.

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. This is not in keeping with our usual standards and we will be passing this information on to management. We are glad to see that you already have a service case open and that our team is working to resolve these issues. If you ever need further assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Very good company to deal with

All of the above happy with everything
Would recommend the company and installers

Hi Shirley,

Thank you very much for the review and rating!

Solargain

Solargain they done it again!

I went with Solargain because, they provided Solar Hot Water System (iStore), Quality products, top notch installer, had the Green Loan that Solargain use. Mark Goodman from Solargain never pressure me in getting the system done, never follow up (which i like. Gives me time to consider to go ahead or not). he gave me full detail information and recommendation. Setup was very straight forward. And he never complain any quote i request with all the changes. Go with this MAN!

Hi Min, we're glad to hear that you had a fantastic experience with our team and in particular Mark. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to him. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Good job at a good price

The salesperson was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, gave me options and a good price. The installation process was great, on time and a good job. Post installation went as promised.

Hi Brett. We're happy to hear that our team was able to deliver on all fronts and that you had a good experience throughout and past your installation. If you ever need further assistance you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

8.58kW Jinko Panels with a 8kW Sungrow inverter

Overall I would rate the entire experience of getting our system from Solargain as average - good but not great. After comparing a few different quotes I chose Solargain as they were the cheapest for a comparable quality system. If I were to do it again I would probably pay slightly more for a better quality installer however I am very happy with the end result of the system.

The customer service I received was great, from the sales rep through to the admin staff and installers. However there were a few issues during the installation. Firstly the installers were subcontractors (Platinum Electricians) rather than direct employees of Solargain. This caught me off-guard however did not prove to be an issue.

During the quoting phase I was initially told I could fit 29 panels as we were looking to install as many as we could. I insisted that a physical site inspection and measure was done prior to the installation to ensure they would all fit as planned (the quote was done during COVID lockdown so used only satellite imagery). The measure picked up that I would only fit 26 panels. However on the day of install it was discovered the agreed layout did not fit. Luckily the same number of panels were able to be used but it was frustrating that even after the measure they couldn't get it right. More frustrating is the fact that based on the final layout that was installed, it appears there is actually room to fit at least 2 more panels.

Following the install I noticed 2 issued. First was that the isolator cover on the roof was actually overhanging the edge of the roof. Second was that the export limiting was not set up on the inverter (which had I not been an electrical engineer probably wouldn't have been picked up resulting in an install not up to energex standards). I advised Solargain and they arranged for the installers to return and both issues were resolved promptly.

I have also noticed that we receive a fair bit of shading in the morning due to a large tree on the far side of our neighbours property. This is something we were never told about and I am hoping during summer this won't be a problem.

Hi Dylan. We wanted to take a moment to apologise for any break downs in communication that may have occurred during the quoting process, in general, we would prefer to attend via site-visit, but due to the COVID lockdown, this was not feasible at the time. As to the issues during installation, unfortunately, these things do sometimes happen, however much we try and avoid mistakes, but we're glad to hear that the issues were at least resolved swiftly at no additional cost to you. In regards to the shading, this shading on your panels was accounted for in your production predictions, and will not affect production, as your system does not go into full swing until 10 AM, by which point, even in winter, the shading will have moved off of the panels. We hope this has helped to put any concerns about the shading to rest, but if you do see any drops in production compared to the predictions provided to you, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Very Professional. From initial contact to installation yesterday everything went to plan. No hiccups, no excuses it was a pleasure to do business with Solargain.

Sales Rep polite, professional, very generous with his time. Explained everything, answered all questions with good knowledge. Gave a quote on the spot, then emailed a detailed breakdown.

Installers arrived on time - clean and tidy, well presented, well spoken, polite chaps. Got straight into the work, no resting for these fellows, work was done very well. I was given a full run down of what they did, installer stayed a while to make sure everything was working as it should be.

I cannot fault the company or the employees.

Hi Jill,

Thank you very much for the kind words and thank you for choosing Solargain. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there's anything else we can assist with.

Components failed

Install was ok, and system was working well. Just after 5 year warranty lapsed, we started having issues. Solargain Perth not interested in servicing. First failure was a temperamental breaker in the meter box, which I had replaced by an electrician. Now after 8 years the system has failed, possibly the inverter. Solargain again had no interest in servicing, just looking to sell another system at a premium price. Disappointed that the system failed within 10 years as they suggested the components were good quality when installed. Have chosen to replace the system using an alternative company.

Hi Andrew. We would like to request that you get in contact with us by emailing [email protected] as it is rather unusual that we would refuse service. The exception being that sometimes by the fault code alone we can diagnose that there is an internal fault and therefore a service wouldn't be necessary. In regards to a replacement, this may have been suggested as it would overall be a better investment to replace your system with a more modern unit, considering the age of your inverter. We wish you all the best with the alternative solar company you chose to go forward with, and thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. If there is ever anything we can do to assist you, you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Show additional information

Good service and install. Currently in despute over final price.

Initial quote had changed to add a rough in charge of $300. Currently in despite.
Install punctual and tidy.
Did damage a roof sheet but installed happy to sort out privately.

Hi Dale. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we'd like to apologise for the breakdown in communication surrounding the quote, and will be passing your feedback onto the sales representative. We're glad to hear that the install went largely smoothly. If you ever need further assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great Service and Installation

The guys at Solargain provided us with great customer service, advice and the installation guys were prompt, courteous and cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommend.

Hi Jason. Good to hear our team were able to help you so well, it always warms our hearts to hear a customer happily recommending our team after a good experience with us. If you ever need assistance, you reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great customer service

Solargain were able to match any prices that I received, gave me Qantas FF points as an added kicker (this was not the deciding factor) and were also supported with sound reviews. This was also my experience. Despite the fact that I was zero export limited (thanks for nothing Powercor), Solargain remained in constant contact with me throughout and handled the escalation by putting through a second request. Despite being unsuccessful, this was not their fault and also helped with assessing against other systems based on this zero export limit. Tom was an outstanding help throughout the process. Only negative was the tradies requesting to use our bathroom at least 5 times (over 2 days due to rain) which I thought was a little odd and in breach of their no touch coronavirus policy.

Hi Guy. We're glad to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review, we always love hearing from our customers. If you ever need further assistance you can reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Would highly recommend this company

Clear explanation of system in quoting. I went for the bigger system but see now the smaller one suggested was perhaps wiser. The salesman was very honest & not “pushy” in any way.
Installation was punctual, polite & neat although we do have slight shade problem on one side in early afternoon.
Customer service was excellent. I am in my eighties & not really tech savvy & that was no problem. They arranged everything & returned to switch all on when the new meter was installed. I feel free to approach the company any time.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you very much for the review and we're very happy to hear you're experience was an enjoyable one.

Great all round experience

Matt, made the process very easy, answered my many questions with factual information. The install team were prompt and competed the work in a timely manner.
Thanks again.

Hi Dennis. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review, we'll be sure to pass your feedback on to Matt and the team. If you ever need assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation

All the above - Excellent
Very professional with Quotes, Information, Details, Timeline and Installation-

Hi Barry. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this glowing feedback, we couldn't be happier that you had such a great experience with our team. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Couldn't Ask for Better Service

Graeme from Solargain was excellent. I had many quotes and chopped and changed between what I wanted before finally deciding. Graeme had no problems at all in re-quoting every time I wanted to change something. After finally deciding to engage Solargain, I had a date locked in with in a couple of day. I was heading overseas for a four week holiday and would only be back for two weeks before heading overseas again for work, so I had a limited time frame for when I wanted the system installed. The day of the install went great, the guys turned up exactly when they said they would and completed the work within the day. Overall, I'm very impressed from start to finish with Solargain.

Hi Heath, we really appreciate your review and thank you for choosing us to install your system! Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there’s anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great consultation, professional from beginning to end

Will gave us the best sales experience. He was attentive enough to make sure I had the information I needed but never pushy or impatient. I asked for several option for system design and he gave feedback and worked through each with me til the install was set.

The installation team, led by Craig, was unbelievably slick. Craig consulted at every point, including battery & inverter placement, cable routing and backup configuration. We even had a discussion around the WHS requirements - our roof is really high and the guys needed to screw a scaffold up there.

After sales helped make sure the approval and connection with the grid was all smooth.

Hi Gordon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such good feedback. We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to the team. If you ever need further assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Excellent install poor after sales service

Presale service was good. Install very good. After sales service was poor

Hi Danny. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we always appreciate customers letting us know where we can improve. If you ever need further assistance you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Good Quality System with professional service

I received 3 quotes as recommended by SolarQuotes. I decided to go with Solargain in the end.

Matt at Deception Bay office was always prompt with his replies and follow ups. He wasn't pushy and did exactly what i requested by providing me with different options for me to choose.I also find the quote layout simple to understand but also thorough. (For example manufacturing and performance warranty is listed separately). I wish I could say the same for other installers. I initially had questions and concerns over some reviews but Matt came out and explained everything to me in person which i appreciate. I would recommend anyone to do the same and give them a chance to explain it as some reviews might not reflect the entire truth.

Phillip and his team arrived on time on the day of installation. Phillip was very kind to talk me through the installation process and helped me understand how the system works. The team left our place tidy!

I would recommend Solargain to anyone.

Hi Ian, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this kind review. We'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the Deception Bay team. If you ever need further assistance, you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Good Quality System with professional service

Initially, I found the sales quoting process a little confusing as the panel rating chart on Solar Quotes promoted by Solaire Connect & Infinite was quite different to the panel rating chart compiled by CSIRO and promoted by Solargain. All of the sales representatives were very good at explaining the products and the process.

Hi Tony. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our sales representatives. If you ever need assistance you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Professional installers & service

Due to COVIDSafe initial quote done without onsite inspection. Competitive quote so we moved to next step & tradesman called out to inspect & easy process from there & good onsite info given

Hi John. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team members. If you ever need further assistance, you can always contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Solargain - great service!

I recently got 5 quotes for a 6.6kW solar installation in Perth (3 through solarquotes.com - Solargain wasn't one of those). Solargain was the only one that ticked all the boxes including visiting the premises (2 didn't), was punctual and supplied all the information they said they would, didn't try to push a battery which I didn't want or need and provided quotes according to what I asked for, not what they wanted to sell. Panel options ranged from "more affordable" to "premium". The rep (Jeremy) was very good to deal with. I also required a 2 stage installation (ie split over 2 days) and other quotes included a significant premium for this but Solargain were happy to acomodate this without extra charge.
They arrived on time, the installation is neat and I basically can't fault their service. Everything they supplied is of a high standard, from the quote & printed material, to the tidiness of the installation and even to the labels attached to the equipment installed. They were not the cheapest but their price was very competitive. I'll be recommending them to anyone who asks about my installation.

Hi Thomas. Thank you very much for the glowing review, we'll be sure to pass your feedback on to Jeremy. If you ever need further assistance, you can contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

I can’t believe the magnitude of issues I have with Solargain, it is just a NIGHTMARE!

My experience with Solargain has been extremely stressful to say the least. I have had a magnitude of serious issues with them. If you are considering Solargain, don't! Do not risk having the issues I have had to save yourself from the stress and trouble that I had to endure with them.
The Issues:
Issue 1: Second-hand inverter supplied by Solargain: Being “fobbed off” with a second-hand inverter while being invoiced full price. The inverter was installed on 31st Oct 2019 but has been registered since July 2019 and it has logged more operating hours than installed confirming it is NOT a new inverter.
Issue 2: Panels badly placed and in shade - Producing much less than expected solar output.
Issue 3: Switchboard fire - Causing a dangerous electrical fire.
Issue 4: Internal property damage - Water ingress and damage to the ceiling.
Issue 5: Terrible panel Installation and damage to roofing beams. Structurally unsafe and costly to repair.
Now some 14 weeks since I reported my complaint to Solargain, they
exasperated the rectification process through their uncooperative behaviour. I have ceased communications with them as their behaviour and ethics did not meet the Clean Energy Council (CEC) retailer standards.

A formal complaint has been raised with the CEC and Solargain to resolve these issues more than 4 weeks ago in the hope that they will get someone more ethical and professional to handle my case. I am astounded no one from Solargain thus far has had the decency to acknowledge my complaint so as to reassure me that I can regain
some faith in them. It just shows the poor level of customer service this company has to offer.

This whole debacle has already wasted a lot of my time and it has cost me so much inconvenience and trouble. Even if they do return and fix the issues, again it will cost me time, inconvenience and trouble. I will need a carpenter/builder to fix the damage to my roofing beams, a plasterer to fix the ceiling, a painter to paint the ceiling after plastering, relocate the badly placed panels and swap the inverter to a new one, and align the roof tiles properly to stop the ingress of water. Just thinking about it is giving me a whole lot of stress and a headache!

CEC COMPLIANCE BREACHES:
www.cleanenergycouncil.org.au/industry/retailers/program-activity

----------------------------------------

Frankly, the whole unsavoury matter could have been averted if Solargain had acted in accordance with the claims made in the Solargain’s Longevity Guarantee. Any issues call Solargain Head Office. IF HO don’t jump to it then go straight to the CEC.
QUOTE: “We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of customer service before, during and long after your solar power system has been installed.
Customer service: Solargain’s Longevity Guarantee. Is a FAIL!!

MAKING A COMPLAINT:
If you HAVE HAD an install completed by Solargain I would urge you to have it inspected by an independent CEC installer and raise any issues with Solargain’s Perth head office and at the same time to the CEC.

NEW PURCHASE:
If you are CONSIDERING using Solargain, Don’t! Ask yourself, why would you want to risk having any one of the issues and trouble I have had when there are so many solar installers out there to choose from?

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working with our CEO to resolve your issues. We appreciate your patience. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Roof leak caused by installation and didn’t get any compensation

Salesperson was good, explained everything about solar and advised me not to go with solar cowboys because their company was topnotch and will not cause any trouble. Their quote was about 700 dollars more expensive than others but still opted for them as I don’t want any headache after installation.

Two days after the installation, my roof started to leak and gradually damaged my ceiling. My house is brand new, we only moved in 2 weeks before and now it is up for repair. I immediately called them, the one I talked to over the phone seems to not believe me that they caused it because my house got tin roof. They said tin roof is easy install and they haven’t got any complains in their history.
Anyway, I managed to convince them to come so they came in the afternoon. I had to miss work because that’s the only schedule available and they can’t go during lunch break.

After they checked, they guy saw that it is a problem with the installation and they promised to repair it. The Solargain manager promised to pay for compensation over what happened.

They fixed the roof after a week then they sent a painter (not a roofer) to repaint the ceiling (after 4 weeks!!!) They said roofer is not required and they will only repaint so I’m unsure now of there is any further damage so even now I’m thinking if I need my roof to be checked paid by my own money. Moisture in the roof is the perfect environment for termites.

I just quit demanding and talking to them because I feel nothing will happen and it will only contribute further stress.

Until now, I haven’t received any compensation from Solargain. I had to miss a day’s work, my wife as well had to miss work. So it’s couple of days unpaid for us and of course their charge is higher than other competitors and I didn’t get my money’s worth

My advice: There are a lot of solar companies who offer cheaper price and also might be recommended by Solarquote so just take them and don’t take any risk.

Here’s the video of the leaking roof - https://youtu.be/ShwH4naf-_c

Hi John. We can see from your service case your system was installed on Friday the 6th of March. The leak was then reported to us on Monday the 9th and we attended within three hours, and the ceiling has since been rectified to its original state prior to the leak. Whilst we can understand your frustration in regards to the leaking roof, this was fixed at our cost. In regards to the delay in repainting the ceiling, we do not have an internal painting team, therefore, this was contracted out at our expense and we apologise for the delay, but this was the quickest they could attend. Since the fault was rectified, and your solar PV system functioned during and after the repair process, there is no further compensation payable. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Jeremy at Perth office non pushy and excellent service

Whole process was great
Im sure i could have got cheaper
However Jeremy was happy to get in to the finer details, where as most others avoided.
Getting on average 32kwh in perth since i installed in early march

Still waiting for Smart Meter to come back in to stock. But looking forward the savings and feel great about doing the right thing

Hi Brad. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review, we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Jeremy, we're sure he'll really appreciate them. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Very good service

In the early stages I found them quick to respond unlike other suggested companies. They were very patient and helpful with regard to answering my questions and helping me to choose the best system for my situation. The installation was done very efficiently and was on time. They organised the grid connection. The system appears to work as planned. At follow up they were helpful with regard to answering questions about the Fronius smart meter. Overall I was very satisfied and pleasantly surprised.

Hi Janet. Well, we couldn't be happier to have surprised you then! We always love to hear when one of our customers has had a great experience with us, so thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Awesome service from Matt at Solargain Deception Bay and a great installation team

The quoting process was easy as... Got 4 options and all were fabulous. Went on with the most expensive one! Matt Goodall explained every question and concern that I had, a patient man indeed.

Hi Herbert. Glad to hear you had such a good experience with us, we'll be sure to pass your feedback on to Matt. If you ever need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

The installer was fantastic

The quote was presented in a fashion that could analysed against other systems now waiting on Origin to complete their task but they don’t seem to be in a hurry

Hi John, we're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you by calling us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Solargain install - 7.9kW

Standard installation due to fairly new build. Were able to be very competitive with price (even ended up with upgraded panels at no extra cost!) Simple process from start to finish. Would recommend to others.

Hi Allan, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this kind review. We always love to see customers satisfied with our service. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great Solar Experience

We installed a 9.9KW system with a 8.2KW Fronius Inverter - everything was smooth, including an accelerated installation date when they had a cancellation. Excellent local Installer (we are outside Canberra, in NSW) who was punctual and really easy to deal with. All up a great experience - more expensive than other quotes but their customer reviews were compelling and we can add to them.

Hi Stephen. We're very glad you did see fit to add to our customer reviews! Nothing means more to us than knowing our customers are happy and satisfied. We'll pass on your kind words to the local installer. If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Very professional and reputable company

The quote was reasonable and competitive
Installation team was punctual, very neat work and experienced.
All aspects of installation were taken care of including grid connection.

Hi John. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback, we always love to hear from our happy customers. We'll be sure to pass your review onto the installation team. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great installation at a fair price

All smooth sailing from start to finish , Phil the installer was great , didn’t even have to pay a deposit just paid the whole amount on completion

Hi Heath,
Glad to hear you've had a great experience with us. We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Phil. If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain

Good customer service and great installation

Sales gave options to suit my needs. Followup was very timely and quote realistic. Installers were punctual, polite and paid attention to detail of their work. After several hours the PV unit was operational and the electricity meter was spinning backwards!
All aspect of the installation including grid and smart meter installation (which will occur in several weeks later), paperwork, date for the installation of PV unit was clearly set out and customer service was excellent. I highly recommend Solargain for the complete package.

Hi Gerald,

What a great review! Thank you for your feedback and for choosing us to do your installation. If there's anything else we can assist with, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55.
'
Solargain.

Good job at a good price.

Easy quoting process with a site visit - knowledgable and not pushy.
Installation took two days, when I was informed it would take one. Very thorough and tidy though, so I didn't mind - just lucky I had two days off work to be home.

Good after sales service - not excellent, but good.
Went with 9.9kW of Jinko panels and a Sungrow 3 phase inverter. Paid $500 extra for Sungrow Smart Meter, which is good for the stats, but doesn't track overnight. If I was aware of this, I think I'd either have gone with a Solar Analystics option (which Solargain weren't keen on installing for me), or apparently the Fronius does track overnight, so I would have factored that into the extra cost of going with the Fronius inverter with Smart Meter (about $1,000 more), and maybe gone down that road.
System performing as expected - looking forward to my first bill (or credit?!). Just depends how much we use the aircon! :)

Hi Michael, thank you for your comprehensive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and thank you for choosing Solargain. Show additional information

Good overall package

While not the cheapest solution, their understanding of the challenges we had was the reason for choosing them. We have an existing PV system that we wanted to augment to meet the extra use arising from our planned purchase of a new electric vehicle.

Hi Viresh,
We're glad to hear we could assist with your preparation for an EV, very exciting! Thank you for choosing us and for your great review.
Kind regards, Solargain.

Not installed yet

High level of confidence in supplier, not installed yet, not installed yet

Hi Russell,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we're happy to hear how pleased you have been with our service and we look forward to installing your system!

Neat and tidy

All went well with the time frame stated. Installers neat and tidy with all done in 1 day.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear how pleased you have been with our installation!

Solargain.
Price includes battery Show additional information

Multiple delays and failure to meet CEC code of conduct

My experience with Solargain was poor to say the least. This is a long review, but hopefully steps out the multiple failures of Solargain across the quote - install - post install process so you can avoid the same mistakes I made in choosing them for your system.

I requested a quote from Solargain on 09/09/19. Over the next couple of days via phone and email I asked for some simple amendments to the quote. Some of these were made, others (such as removing 1 panel from the quote) were not. I went back and forth about 4 times before being told that the quote didn’t really matter as it could be amended after submission to the Solar Victoria portal. I finally asked the consultant to provide a copy of the quote to my specifications that could be accepted by myself and submitted to Solar Vic by solargain. This simply didn’t happen and the consultant stopped responding to my calls or emails. As a result, I missed the rebate window and my install was delayed.

The CEC code of conduct states that ‘Approved retailers will provide you with the necessary information in writing to enable full education about your purchase prior to entering into a contract.’

I should have listened to my gut and avoided Solargain based on my initial interactions, but they had so many good reviews that I led myself to believe that things would get better - they didn’t.

I tried again to get the correct quote uploaded by Solargain for the October rebate and again the consultant was unwilling to correct the quote to the system I’d actually asked for (13 panel Jinko, 5kw Growatt inverter - nothing complex!). Finally the consultant promised to correct the quote and submit it to the portal with two days to spare before the next rebate. Frustratingly he then failed to do so, and when I called to find out why I was advised that he’d gone on holiday. If I hadn’t followed up and chased a new consultant I would have missed that round of rebates as well.

Finally, with the quote in the Solar Vic system and things progressing Solargain sent someone out to check my roof. They now decided that they design they’d come up with wasn’t suitable and that I might not actually be able to have a system installed at all (I’d like to point out that other installers who visited the property and quoted didn’t seem to see this as an issue). After a week of back and forth a final design was provided and the install booked - for 5 weeks after the Solar Vic application was accepted.

Almost 3 months after my first quote, the installers turned up. First thing they did? The re-designed the system entirely to a more practical solution than anything that the ‘consultant’ had come up with over the past 3 months. The install team did a fantastic job. The work was done in a day (although the consultant quoted 5 hours originally), and done professionally. The team was friendly and transparent. The install was by far the most positive part of dealing with Solargain.

With the install complete it was time for certification (a Victorian requirement) before the system could be used. I was told 10-15 business days. After 8 I contacted Solargain to check on the progress. I emailed, called, and used their online chat. For 3 days I heard nothing back. As it was now getting close to Christmas I was keen to see the job complete before any potential holiday interruptions. On the 19th I was advised that it was unlikely to be completed and was not provided any details on when the certification would be undertaken. 14 business days passed before Christmas day, and 15 business days were up on the 27th. It took until the 15th January (25 business days, 42 calendar days) for the system to be certified. At no point did Solargain provide any update on when it might occur and it seemed that it was only through my chasing that anything happened at all.

The CEC code of conduct states ‘Approved retailers will fully inform you of the process between system installation and network connection or will facilitate this process on your behalf’.

I've asked solargain to provide a refund equivalent to what the system would have generated across the period when it should have been certified but wasn't. They haven't acknowledged this request.

It took over 4 months from the initial quote for the system to be installed and certified for use (we aren’t even feeding back into the grid yet.. that could be another 20 days). I believe this to be a wholly unacceptable timeframe. As such I requested that solargain provide me with details on their formal complaint process. Solargain did not provide any details on the complaints process, nor did they even recognise my request to lodge a formal complaint.

The CEC code of conduct states ‘Approved retailers maintain a fair and transparent complaints process, and get back to you within 21 days of you making a complaint’

If you’ve got this far you’ll have seen that Solargain has failed on multiple occasions to meet the CEC code of conduct, or to even act in a reasonable manner for a business providing a service. I regretted on multiple occasions that I stayed with Solargain as my retailer, and should have gone with my gut early on when the consultant was unwilling (or incapable) of completing an accurate quote to lodge onto the Solar Vic system.

To date I’ve had four friends ask if who I used for my solar system and if I’d recommend them. I’ve had to tell them to avoid Solargain, and my advice to anyone reading would be the same.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback, we have passed it onto management for review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so we place high importance on your cases such as yours. If at any time you would like to discuss your solar PV system, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55.

Kind regards, Solargain.

Fast an reliable installers with attention to detail

Sales was very clear and helpful.
The installers went over and beyond to make the install a smooth process. The installers were very good. Polite and well mannered.
Grid connection was already setup as it was a replace like for like system.

Hi Peter,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a great review! If there's anything else we can assist with, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55.

Solargain

Haven't installed yet just waiting to change to 3 phase. Quoting was quick and detailed all queries answered promptly.

Hi Trent,

Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to installing your new system!

Solargain

Great system design (install bit occurred yet)

Great service and best combination of design, products and information to support what is a complex buying decision.

Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for your great review! We're happy to hear you've been happy with your decision to choose Solargain.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your rating, we would love some further feedback regarding your rating. We can see you recently called in due to your inverter having an unrepairable fault which exceeded it's 5 year warranty by 2 years, so we quoted a replacement. We take feedback and reviews seriously and if there's something that you feel was not satisfactory or needing improvement, please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 so we can assist with your concerns.

Solargain.

recommended for competitive price, quality components, quick installation.

Quick quotes with three size options.
Fast installation, happy and efficient team - no checking before turn-on, this caused some delays in fault finding.
All paperwork and liaison with my provider (ACTEW) was organised by SolarGain.
Smartmeter installation was 1 week post solar instal.

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback - we will share this with the team. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there's anything else we can assist with.