Solargain Reviews

Solargain is one of Australia’s leading solar power providers, with more than 21 offices and warehouses countrywide. Having been around for over 20 years, we’re regarded as one of the best structured and integrated solar power and solar hot water companies in the business. We have also expanded to become one of the largest and most trusted solar service companies in Australia, offering homeowners and businesses a wide range of energy efficient technology to help reduce electricity consumption and save you money.

We pride ourselves on quality solar and renewable energy solutions and are known in the industry for our achievements, including:

1. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, with 21 locations across the country.

2. Dedicated after-sales solar Service Department.

3. ISO 9001 certified for Quality Management Systems.

4. We’ve installed over 72,000 systems across Australia.

5. CEC Approved Solar Retailer and who only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

6. We’re ranked among the top 3 solar installers (by volume) nationally according to Sunwiz data.

7. Partnerships with some of the world’s leading solar manufacturers

Reviewers report paying: $3,400 - $13,000 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

Solargain Reviews (907)

4.2/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Original Review on 22-05-2021:

Solar installation

I am still waiting for this system to be installed Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes I have no complaints in fact I have nothing but praise for the Huawei brand.

Fantastic the whole way through

I think I engaged about 5 companies for quotes and Solargain were very competitive for price and had a variety of quality options. I had Ben as the Solar Designer who did my quote and he came out to my house and did a thorough assessment, where others just did it on the phone. I also changed my mind several times on what system and size I wanted and Ben was nothing short of fantastic. Each time he would send me a revised quote in a timely manner, and provided advice and I hadn't even committed to Solargain yet. The customer service was fantastic and when I saw that they were recommended by Solar Quotes I signed up. Their install team were fantastic and explained everything so I could understand it. I am really happy I went with Solargain and I am very confident with the long warranties on the panels, install and inverter. Highly recommend Solargain.

Hi Daniel. Thank you so much for your recommendation. It always makes our day to hear when a customer has had a standout experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about your system we're always available on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

So, so, so bad. Avoid at all costs.

I have been waiting 8 weeks post instillation and I'm still unable to even turn my system on. They avoid emails and when they do ever reply, it's copy/paste nonsense. Avoid At all costs. It's so bad.

Hi Jeff. Apologies for the delay in response. Could you please email us on [email protected], so we can find you in our database and see what we can do to assist you? Kind regards, Solargain.
The customer service from solargain was great the product was absolutely rubbish

Good Afternoon Terry, we're sorry to hear your overall experience Solargain did not meet your expectations. This isn't in keeping with our usual service standards and we'd like to see what we can do to assist you. I have forwarded this to our service department and we will be in touch very soon. Once again we apologies. Kind Regards Solargain

Solar/Battery install

No issues with these guys what so ever, all the way from initial quote through to instal and commissioning.

Install crew didn't muck about and did a good job.

Hi Stephen. Great to hear you had a pleasant installation experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain/Ikea great price, service and experience

In addition to Solarquotes' 3 suppliers I enquired about the IKEA offer which is delivered by their partners, Solargain.

The Solargain quote was considerably lower than the prices quoted by the other companies, largely it seems because Solargain quoted for a Growatt inverter rather that Fronius.

We have installed an 8.88kW 3 phase system.

After doing my own reading and enquiries about Growatt, and considering the warranty provided by Growatt as well as Solargain, we went with this, the cheapest option.

So we are breaking one of Finns golden rules - the cheapest system and an inverter brand which he does not recommend. Wil we live to regret it?

The sales process was great - all questions answered promptly.
The installation was polite, tidy, punctual, friendly and professional.
The install was brought forward by 2 weeks - so we are still waiting for the smart metre install but Solargain has organised this.

Hi Mary. Great to hear you had a pleasant installation experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

My Solar Experience

MY SOLAR STORY
I was looking for non-premium 6.6kw solar system. I took the view that Solar systems are evolving; noting the development in Australia of improved and more cost effective solar panels and that, in all likelihood, I would not be in my home in 25 years. Thus, a 25 year warranty and premium panels etc was unnecessary. I wanted an efficient effective system that would last, say, 10 years.

SolarQuotes sent me the names of three solar suppliers. One did not respond and the price of the other two quotes ($7200 and $8200) exceeded my needs. Alternate solar suppliers were sought via the internet.

A quote was obtained from eight suppliers. Suppliers were vetted and culled using their ABN and ASIC records, a search of their address (Google earth etc), attempting to contact them by telephone, CEC membership check, electrical licence check, internet search for any supplier media or supplier reviews; e.g. ProductReview, Facebook, Whirlpool, Choice and SolarQuotes.

As regards the quotes-
Some suppliers:-
quoted around the $3200 price for a 6.66kw system, wanted $100 deposit, wanted final payment days before installation, would not accept payment upon installation/with proper system operation, constantly telephoned seeking quote acceptance, “1300” telephone number never answered, address was seen to be a mail drop box in QLD or found to be a $49 a month office mail address in NSW, had minimal if any customer reviews, had lost their licence and were under Government scrutiny, in my view appeared to be using unskilled labour, had changed its name recently, had commenced within the past year or so and seemed unlikely to be in existence in years to come so as to carry out labour warranty. All these suppliers seemed to use what could be called “boiler room” sales staff keen to get the next sale- on a number of occasions I thought I was speaking to persons overseas.

Other suppliers:-
quoted $3700-$4100 for a 6.66kw system, did not require a deposit, gave a pensioner discount, offered to price match within reason, had significant (=> 25 favourable reviews), had existed as the one entity for at least 3 years, had one or several physical business addresses/warehouse and appeared more likely to provide future warranty etc service. Some of these suppliers disapproved of the cheap quotes and warned that warranty might be an issue as well as product/installation quality.
As to the solar product, the panel and inverter specifications-efficiency etc were examined via, for example SolarQuotes. The Retail Prices (including GST) of panels and inverters was obtained to enable the forming of some opinion on supplier pricing. (see for example solarshoponline.com.au) The background of the panel and inverter suppliers was reviewed. An Australian office for each panel and inverter supplier was sought where warranty claims could be lodged.
Over time, I selected one type of panel and inverter and then obtained a quote from suppliers; together with each supplier’s Contract/Terms and Conditions, based upon my selected panel and inverter items.

The Contract/Terms and Conditions of all suppliers was examined and all had issues, such as poor english expression, referencing non- existent clauses, obscure provisions and broadly stating that product substitution might be necessary, along with changes to the quoted price and the value of STC’s, albeit with some provision for customer approval. All suppliers were asked to verify they held, or had ready access to, panels and inverters. One supplier said it had to source product.

The STC rebate offered by suppliers varied markedly due to the use of an “STC” value from $30 to the maximum of $40. This resulted in the total STC rebate offered on a 6.6kw system comprising 18 * 370K panels, could be between $2761 and $3681.

It is of note that a customer can pay the full quoted price for a solar system to a solar supplier; ex the STC rebate and then the customer themselves can apply separately and be paid the STC rebate.
I was warned to check the bona fides of suppliers offering cheap solar pricing. I accepted that advice, but took the view the risk of contracting with such a supplier could be accepted from the point of view the cash saved (maybe $900) could cover any future installer labour cost not covered by what might then be a non-existent supplier warranty.
That notwithstanding, I culled suppliers by requiring 25 favourable reviews, a business existence of 2 years, a land line that responded and a verifiable physical address. None of the cheaper quotes survived that cull.

The chosen supplier (Solargain) had warehoused stock, significant favourable reviews, offered full payment upon installation, had CEC membership, had physical location(s), was contactable by telephone, corporate existence for =>3 years, demonstrated associations/business relations with large corporates, demonstrated experience in large commercial/residential solar installations, provided acceptable warranty assurances and on balance, was most likely to install a fully operational contracted solar product on time and on budget.

As a result, I paid (through the nose you might say) roughly $3900 (no pensioner rebate though) for a 6.66kw system with 18*370kw Trina panels and a Growatt 5kw inverter (5+5 year warranty). The next best price was around $3750. I did not research prices for the racking.
I arranged for Solargain to conduct a site inspection to confirm where the solar panels would be placed and that my switch board specs etc were satisfactory. My switchboard was upgraded to incorporate “RCD’s” (Residual Current Devices- a safety mechanism) and additional neutral wiring.

The site inspection resulted in a price increase to allow for 15metres of extra cabling (said to be due to possible difficulty in the roof cavity) and a switchboard upgrade that I arranged for separately at a cost of $500.
I accepted Solargain’s quote on 4/11 and on 30/11 the system was installed and up and running with my property tidied up in around 6 hours. Solargain did all the paperwork. Polite,tidy, punctual installation team.

I hope all this helps in your solar search.

Hi Bob. Wow, you definitely did your research. We consider taking the time to thoroughly investigate solar a key part of a customer's journey, and documenting it here for other's to see should hopefully help them on their own journeys, so thank you very much. We're very happy to hear that after such deep consideration, you settled on us for your installation, and we hope you enjoy your new system.

Fantastic Installer

Solargain’s team from start to finish we’re very professional.
The installation team were great. They were patient and friendly, they also cleaned up when they finished.

Hi Guiseppe. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team, thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy! SolarGain are professional, straight forward and prompt!

The sales process was quick and simple. They provided different options and explained clearly the key points of each. They were happy to detail exactly what we would get (other installers just gave a vague description so you didn't know exactly what model would end up being installed). The pricing was fair and the sales person was not pushy.

Installation happened a couple of weeks earlier than initially quoted, on the day of installation they called 30 mins before arrival and completed the job with 30 mins of when predicted. The installers left no mess and explained how the system operated before leaving.

SolarGain organised connection to the grid and about 10 days later provided us with login details for the monitoring system. So far, the system has been exceeding the forecast daily kWh output by about 10% (very pleased with that).

Before committing to an installer we gathered several quotes and exhaustively compared the specs and believe we got a better system for a similar price to other installers and have been more than happy throughout the process.

Wholeheartedly recommended!

Hi Noel. We always like to hear when a customer took the time to do their thorough research before deciding on an installer, and choosing us. Doing your research is an integral step to installing solar, as it is a big investment. It's great to hear yours is working out well for you, and even exceeding expectations. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great overall experience

Paul from Solargain’s sales team spent almost 4 hours educating me on various aspects of solar, battery and hot water systems. We looked at various combinations before I made up my mind with Trina Panels and Huawei inverter. The signing process using ACT’s sustainable household scheme was easy. The installation team arrived on the day as planned and continued with installation even when it had rained a night before. They were a team of 7 people who were friendly and attentive. They were careful on the roof and made sure that everything is done correctly. They finished installation in 5 hours. The hot water Istore system was installed by a plumber who was nee to Istore. He did the installation well but did not explain the system features. Solargain’s hot water team helped with the understanding of operation of Istore. Everything is working well at this stage and when I had a hiccup with the system one day, Solargain service team helped me quickly over the phone to sort it. I also got signed up for free with Qantas and received points for the installation. Thank you Solargain team for everything

Hi Madan. Thank you for the comprehensive review, it's great to hear that our team were able to assist you in understanding solar that you were able to make an informed decision on your purchase. We're also happy to know you were happy with your overall installation. If you ever need any more assistance you can always call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent service

How was the sales/quoting process? Friendly, informative, not pushy

How did the installation go? Punctual and tidy

How was the customer service? Post install, it all just worked

Very happy

Hi Ash. There's nothing better than it all just working, eh? It's great to hear how happy you were with our team, thanks for leaving us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain All Pain - No Gain

Used Solargain some 5-6 years ago and installed an over priced system marketed at 4kw, which turned out to only generate 3.1KW (Marketing trick) and we recently got a quote to install a 10kw system from Solargain and an a iStore Heat Pump Hot Water Service. They pressured us to sign back in August under constant threat of impending price rise ( old sales trick I know) but we signed with Solargain, and then waited and waited for them to contact us, they where impossible to contact, everything was leave a message and no-one gets back to you.

After 2 months of waiting we get an email from Solargain saying they prices have gone up by 20-25% and would they like us to re-quote ! yes seriously ! We had agreed on a price and signed in August 2021 and now in Nov they want to increase the price.

On my experience and that of a friend who I referred to Solargain, our advice is stay clear of Solargain. Their honesty, integrity and quality of customer service is third world. Run away.

Hi Roger,

We are sorry to hear your experience with Solargain has not been to your satisfaction.
Since August, we would all have liked things to have progressed faster in Vic but we have certainly had some lockdown frustrations which have deferred all our 2021 installations.
We did clarify for you that while the market price might have increased significantly, your price was to increase by an amount in the vicinity of 3% (approx.) this was due to install dates being pushed back to 2022, therefore reflecting the relevant STC’s applicable to that year (no change to component price). Again, on behalf of the management team at Solargain, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Professional Job

From the very start I was confident it was going to be a great installation. Top system.

Hi Terry. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your solar energy system. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Communication

The communication from Solargain was top notch. I didn't need to instigate anything. Always polite.

The installers arrived time indicated, were professional, friendly and efficient.

I would fully recommend.

Hi Paul. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. It's great to hear you had such a good experience with our team, good enough to leave us a recommendation. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installer, upfront, and excellent communication.

They are upfront and clear about the process, excellent communication, and to our suprise for a big company, the price is around the same and even lower than some other installer that we quoted.

The installation date was delay for a couple of days and they informed this to us a few weeks before.

They help organised the connection to Energex.

Hi Rocky. Great to hear that our team were able to satisfy on all fronts. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. If you ever need any assistance with your system, please don't hesitate to get in touch on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Most Experienced

I went with Solargain because they provided a good balance between quality of product, solid knowledge of solar setups at a decent price. Very happy!

Hi Heidi. Great to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about, or need any assistance with your solar, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Customer service was excellent

sales and quoting was very good
installation was carried out on time, very punctual and tidied up afterwards.
Customer service by Solargain was good, had to wait a few weeks for he inspector to come out and allow the system to be turned on but I don't think that was anything to do with Solargain.
Too early to tell if we are happy with the outcome

Hi Michelle. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team, and hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic service

The whole process from initial quote was excellent. We had a non pushy Sales representative who gave us all the information to make an educated decision. Solargain’s communication was of a high standard, always kept us updated & installation was on the date as booked. Thank you, we are very happy.

Hi Vanessa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really glad to hear you had such a good experience with our team. if you ever need any assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

good job on time.

Easy to deal with, installation on time as forecast. Even tho the installation date was brought forward two weeks, all arrangements were in place for the job to be completed.

Hi Alan. Glad to hear that you had a good experience with your installation. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you ever need assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installer and good value for money

We installed a 6.6Kw system with Jinko panels, a Fronius inverter and iStore hot water system. Solargain made the whole process very simple and straighforward with good communication throughout the process. No pushy sales technique which was great. Installers turned up on time and carried out the job tidily and efficiently. Overall happy with the installation.

I would have like to include the Solar Analytics monitoring as part of the install but Solargain were unable to source this, so we'll have to retrofit it, otherwise installation would have been 5 stars.

It took some time (5 days) to get the Solarweb monitoring from Fronius up and running. With a bit better system at their end by setting up the account on the day it would have been an even better customer experience.

Overall, good company and happy with the install.

Hi Vic. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We always appreciate constructive feedback, as we're always looking for ways to improve our processes. We're glad to hear that you are overall happy with your system and installation. If you ever need any assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Impressed!

Third time I've used Solargain, two solar installations and one hot water heat pump. Brilliant service each time. Take care of everything and good follow up support with wifi monitoring.

Hi William. We always love to hear from a repeat customer, great to hear you've had such good experiences with our team. If you ever need any additional support you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 10-04-2021:

Microinverters now competitive for 3 phase installation

My roof is steeper than usual with shading issues and 3 phase installation a bit tricky due to voltage rise concerns.
I was very pleased when Solargain were able to make the previously too expensive Enphase microinverter system competitive with a fully optimised string inverter system using 17 * 370 W panels.
Panel by panel monitoring, lack of DC isolators and 3 phase balancing are additional benefits of this system.
Installation was punctual, efficient and of a high standard. The crew enjoyed their work.
Areas for improvement include:
8 week delay between signing up and installation.
Connection approval went smoothly, but the office didn't keep me informed of progress.
Delay in connection to the Enphase monitoring system.
While its very early days, I can recommend Solargain / Enphase on ther basis of quality price and performance to date.

Hi Mark. Thank you very much for your recommendation, it's great to hear that your experience with our team was smooth and satisfying. Thank you also for your recommendations, as we're always seeking to improve. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

6 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I managed to halve my power import over winter by managing self consumption. In spring, power import is even lower. My goal of halving power import is looking like my solar installation will deliver the planned 5 year payout and also let me run the air-conditioning to precool the house in summer.
I'm looking forward to earning a premium on the current 3 cent WA feedin tariff by activating the Enphase inverter export management capability.

Great service and Installation.

Customer service was professional, friendly with no pressure tactics and they helped organise the grid connection. They provided accurate and helpful information about different inverters and panels. Installer, electrician and his team were polite, tidy and punctual explaining any questions I had about the PV system. Installation of panels and inverter was excellent.

Hi Joel. It's great to hear that your experience with us has been positive on all fronts, thank you for leaving your review. If you ever have any further questions, you can always reach our team on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installation

Very slick quote, salesperson was very helpful in discussing the various options available. I ended up purchasing both a solar panel system, as well as replacing my old gas hot water system with a heat pump (iStore 180L), both included in the price.

My house has an oddly shaped roof, which required splitting the 8 panels across 6 locations, so installation ended up taking two days. The installers were fantastic, very professional and knowledgeable.

Hi Lixin. We're very pleased to hear that our installers were able to accommodate for your home's unique rooftop and provide you with a good installation. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent Product & Installation

Solar Gain provided excellent pricing as compared to the other quotes we received. The installation was quick as well and our system is going really well. Would very much recommend Solar Gain

Hi Cam. Thank you so much for your recommendation, it always makes our day to hear when a customer has a great experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

The customer service was perfect, shame the weather delayed the instal (completely out of our control!)

The team brought forward our dates when our new born came early, so helpful. Highly recommend them!

Hi Pete. Thank you very much for your recommendation. Great to hear that our installation team were able to accommodate your situation, congratulations by the way! If you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

A very happy customer

From my first communication with Solargain to installation even the after sales assistance has been seamless. I have been really impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of all who I have dealt with. Happy to refer

Hi Helen. We couldn't be happier to hear that you had such a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance from our team you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Highly recommend

Whole process from start to finish was easy, professional and friendly. Have already referred 2 more people to this fantastic service!

Hi Kiah. Thank you so much for you recommending us. We're very happy to hear you had such a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance please don't get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic solar installation

Have found Solargain to be a very easy and informative company to deal with. The installation went smoothly and we had a problem which was resolved very quickly via customer service. Highly recommend so far all good.

Hi Gail. We're glad to hear you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance please don' hesitate to get in touch on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Let down by the installation

Sales process was very good, however poor installation resulted in a number of water issues.
Installation team failed to replace 2 roof tiles above meter box, resulting in overnight rain flooding the meter box and tripping power to the house. A leak in another location caused ceiling damage. Some components were replaced, and the ceiling was repaired, however many phone calls were made and emails sent to get a resolution.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your patience with us, and we are glad to hear that the situation has now been resolved. We have passed your feedback onto management to help us improve our processes. We hope you enjoy your solar energy system going forward.

Kind regards,
Solargain
Went with large national company with original installation in 2011 when solar was a relatively new industry. Unfortunately it appears that sub contractors, rather than company dedicated staff, perform on site duties.

Grateful that I have been on premium feed in tariff (Vic) since installation to offset original set up costs & inconvenience over the period. Quotes for replacement inverters / installation higher than local business accredited installers. Will most probably arrange inverter replacement with local installer & most definately a more reliable brand with a greater warranty as recommended by him & SolarQuotes (ie.Goodwe Brand).

Hi Bernie. At Solargain we use a combination of both contractors and in-house installers, but all of our contractors go through a stringent vetting process to ensure that they are up to par. You can read more about our installation teams here: https://blog.solargain.com.au/blog/whos-installing-my-solar, we can assure you that regardless of who the installer was, if you conducted your system installation with Solargain, we would honour the warranty. In your case, since this system was installed in 2011 it is past it's warranty period.

In regards to the higher quoted amount, this is due to the quality of both our products and service, and the peace of mind that we will always be there to assist, service and honour our warranties as we have for the last 16 years.

We offer a wide variety of inverter brands, and prices have fallen substantially since 2011, so if you would like to explore your options, please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Fantastic experience

The whole process was smooth and effective. Best level of communication. I bought solar and iStore hot water system. Even though I requested multiple times to change and update the quote based on the fact my renovation was going slow and had to revise the quote, the team where very friendly and I was always properly responded to.
Installation was professional and with no issues. I am very happy with the system.
Totally recommend Solargain team.

Hi Ali. Glad to hear that you had a good installation experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy with Solar Assist.

The communication, the openness, the friendliness, the quality of the job and the after sales support has been absolutely outstanding. They have always been more than willing to answer as many questions as I asked both before, during and after the install. The installation team were polite, helpful and worked hard to complete the job well. Highly recommend to anyone else seeking to install Solar panels at their residence.

Dear Nguyen Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We are happy your overall experience was a good one. If you ever need any assistance please never hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Hi Craig. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your 5-star rating. We're glad to hear that you're happy with your solar experience with us. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great service and installation team

Sales people were great, very helpful and there when you needed them. The installation team were great, working under adverse weather conditions, always finding solutions, well done guys.
Solargain did everything they could and provided an excellent service, thank you.

Hi Thomas. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your glowing review, it's great to hear that you had a good experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system please never hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 73 93 55, Kind regards, Solargain.
Solar Gain were great to deal with.
Would recommend them to anyone.

Hi Brad. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team. Thank you for your recommendation. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent

Solargain were excellent to deal with. Everything went smoothly from quote to installation and commissioning. System was in the middle range of quality. Solargain looked after everything including registration and warranties. It was all just very easy.

Hi Graeme. Great to hear you had a good experience with our team from start to finish. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

All parts of the process were very well carried out.

Hi Robert,

We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our team. If you ever need further assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain - what a pain

Just after warranty ran out (5yrs 4mths), my SMA inverter stopped working.
I got Western Power in who advised that 99% the inverter was broke.
Reached out to SMA, no assistance whatsoever - really poor customer service.
Contacted installer (Solargain) and on the phone they suggested to get a technician in ($250..). When I told her that I dont want to pay for a new inverter AND the call out, they told me that I’d have no risk as they would deduct the $250 from the cost of a new inverter.
Disappointingly they did not -
First they claimed, the deduction was already included in the price (it was not..)
Then they claimed they never promised the deduction and finally, when I contacted management, they told me that the deduction only applied if the inverter would be installed straight away (without further call out)...- they did not tell me that condition at the outset...

Very disappointing customer service - in particular considering I was a return customer who referred two other customers to them in the past(!!)

In summary - while I trust the installer, the sales team is shady - make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing!!!

Solargain - what a pain!!!

Hi Simon. I've taken the time to investigate your case, and can see that our team were able to discount your system by $200 to price match another quote you received thanks to you being a returning customer of ours.

We can also see that your system is 1 year and 9 months out of warranty. Once a system is out of warranty we are unable to assist without a callout fee. We do apologise for the misunderstanding in regards to the callout fee, but are glad to see that our team were able to provide you with some measure of price discount to thank you for your return business. You were under no obligation to accept the proposed quotes if you were unhappy with the prices.

Great product and a good company to deal with.

The sales/quotes process was smooth. Jeremy had excellent knowledge of enphase and was easy to deal with.

Installation was done by contractors but they where excellent, professional and worked around some pretty terible weather.

Monitoring was up and working within 3 business days from the completed install.

Overall very happy with the product and service provided by Solargain!

Hi Justin. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant experience with Jeremy, and had a good experience with your installation overall. If you ever have any questions about your solar energy system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy with the Sunpower/Fronuis/Clenergy system we have had installed - the black panels are less obvious on our roof, and installation was neatly done.

Looked at a few alternatives combination and quotes before selecting - COVID lockdowns required installation to be delayed slightly, but alternative dates advised and installers were good to work with, and inspection done promptly after.

Hi Graham. It's good to hear that you had a pleasant experience working with our installation team. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Happy customer

Overall experience very happy on time 1st glass installation on time neat and tidy work

Hi Andte. Great to hear that you're very happy with your experience with us. If you ever need any assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very patient installer

Matt from Solargain Bairnsdale was very patient with my less knowledgeable with computers. He organised everything and he kept me informed the next step until installation was done. Job well done.

Hi Buenaventurada, it's great to hear that Matt was able to assist you and that you had a good installation experience with our team. If you ever need any further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Number 1 Solargain

I would recommend Solargain very highly, they were there for me every step of the way from the first phone call for quoting to the end of installation everyone was polite and helpful, they were punctual did not leave a mess (which doesn’t happen often ) I would recommend Solargain anytime.

Hi Paula. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your glowing recommendation, it really does mean a lot to our team. If you ever have any questions you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Recent installation

Quoting was good, multiple changes to select my preferred end result
Installation was good, efficient, only very minor interruption to home power.

Hi Graham. It's great to hear that you had an all around positive experience with our team. We hope you enjoy the savings of your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions, or need any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent service

Service was excellent from the initial quote to the installation. Both salesperson and installer answered all questions I had and set everything thing up with the power company and monitoring app.

Hi Mark. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever have any questions or need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great Company to deal with

After extensive research dealing with quite a number of companies I settled on Solargain. From the dealing with Will Power, sales/ quoting who was the only salesperson I spoke to who offered unsolicited advice. He was great and gave me a lot of confidence in moving forward with the process. I will certainly be recommending him to any of my friends who are considering Solar Panels. The installation team kept me up todate with many emails and answers to questions. Especially in these Covid times. The installers, BJW Solar, Robert Boyle and his team, arrived at the time designated. They were very efficient in dealing with installation. Their workmanship was very neat, compact and tidy.

They Explained what was happening as they progressed through the installation. They were very respectful to my wife, myself and to entering and using the house.

They cleaned up the work area when they had finished. Robert actually helped me download the Solar App. and showed me how to read it. I was very impressed. Th follow up team from the Installation Department were great as well. Lauren and Tom send a number of emails to keep me informed as to what the next step was or what was required.

They were very quick in getting any paperwork actioned and forwarded on to other appropriate agencies. As such the Inspector was at my place within two days following installation. I would like to say that it has been a seamless and stress free process from start to finish. Peter H.

Hi Peter. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comprehensive feedback, it's great to hear that your solar experience with us was good from start to finish. If you ever need any assistance with your solar energy system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55.

Professional Installers

Sales / Quoting Process: Liam from Solar Gain was helpful and prompt in providing information and answered my queries. I got my quote on the 26th May 2021, Solar rebate (Solar Victoria) applied on 31st May & got approved the same day, Installation of unit on the 7th June 2021 and final inspection on Installation on 15th June and unit turned on. Yet to get my Feed In Tariff sorted but I'm sure it will be done in the next few days. My scenario is straight forward with a Fronius 5 Kw 3-Phase Invertor with 6.6Kw Jinko Tiger panels.

Installation: The installer James and his team were professional and the team did a great job on installation. They fixed the one broken roof tile and didnt break 1 tile on the roof.

Customer Service: The customer service from Solar Gain was prompt in organising the installation. Everything was smooth right from start to finish. I am a happy customer.

Overall: The best part for me was, getting the solar unit working within 3 weeks from the time i got a quote. My experience with Solar Gain was fantastic and would definitely recommend to friends.

Hi Arun. Thank you very much for both your comprehensive review and your recommendation. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience with our team if you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Competitive quote backed by long-standing industry involvement

Solargain worked with me on a range of options to suit our dwelling and lifestyle. They were always happy to discuss and refine the plan as I learnt more along the journey of gathering quotes from a number of suppliers. They offered good quality panel and inverters and the installation team were excellent on the day as well as following up with the grid connection. It's great to be up on solar and the only question I have asked myself is why we didn't do it sooner. The system is humming during the Brisbane winter and I'm looking forward to summer.

Hi Ed. It's great to hear that you're already enjoying your system, even now in the dead of winter. If you ever need assistance with your system please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Solargain are very price competitive & offer a slick sales process, but unfortunately from there it has been all down hill. It took over 6 months from the date of agreement to install & whilst I acknowledge a lot of this was due to Covid19, the lack of communication was glaring (actually, it was non existent). Eventually I contacted them & threatened to take my business to another installer & miraculously I had an installation date within a few days.

Installers were untidy at best, with a lot of screws & wire ends left around out property & in gutters with no real effort was made to clean up - but in the end, the system was installed on the date promised.

After sales service is nothing short of a disgrace. Once connected to the grid the system was not reporting. They blamed it on wifi network issues, but as other devices nearby worked perfectly, I question this. Eventually as I received no response to multiple attempts to get this sorted through Solargain, I took it upon myself to install a cabled LAN & the system now reports correctly.

Recently the system was reporting a fault & it suggested I contact Solargain, which I did, but once again, I received no response from them. I suspect someone looked at it & turned the fault message off as it is not longer showing, but no communication has been forthcoming.

If you are price conscious & want to install high quality components, then Solargain may be a good choice for you. If communication & service is important, then I would STRONGLY recommend looking elsewhere.

Hi James. I've investigated your case and spoken with our install and service manager. First of all, I would like to apologise for the mess left on your premises, that is not in-keeping with our standards, and the manager says that he has spoken to the installers about this.

In regards to the breakdown in communication, this is due in part to reduced hours during COVID, as all of our staff spent less time at the office during this period.

To explain the fault your system experienced, this was due to a production issue caused by an incorrectly set production monitoring setting. The Enphase portal goes off the production estimate inputted when the system was set up, but as the production levels were low, due to the bad weather we've been experiencing, the system flagged this as a fault. This fault was rectified by a member of our team remotely adjusting the monitoring setting to the correct setting. It was a failure in communication that we did not inform you of this.

Finally, on the matter of wi-fi, our installers say that the issue may have been that the booster installed was operating on a different password to the main system, so when attempting to connect, it was to the primary network, rather than the booster network. We are glad to hear that you have been able to rectify this issue with a LAN cable and that the monitoring is now properly operable.

If you have any further comments or questions, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, Solargain.