Solargain Reviews

About Solargain, Solar Installers

Solargain
Gold Partner
Solargain is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Solargain is one Australia’s largest solar companies employing over 170 staff and have been a mainstay in the solar power industry since it began. The company started as a one many plumbing business in 1995, servicing and installing hot water and solar hot water. In 2005, the company Solargain was officially formed. In 2008, Solargain dived into solar power, long before it became mainstream. Priding themselves on quality solar, they are proud of the following achievements:

1. One of Australia’s only fully Quality ISO 9001 certified solar organisations.

2. Installed over 65,000 systems nationally, which ranks third nationally in total installed capacity.

3. Have consistently been in the top 5 installers (by volume) nationally for the last five years according to Sunwiz.

4. Solargain is a CEC Approved Solar Retailer and only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

5. Was one of the very first CEC certified organisations, installing systems before solar took off under the original $8000 rebate.

6. Chosen for many commercial projects, including the 1 MW project for the City of Cockburn ARC in Western Australia in 2017.

Solargain offers and services almost anything solar related. With major offices in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria, they have one of the widest service networks of any solar company.

Solargain Solar Reviews

It took 3 weeks for the Inspector to check the system The system was installed on the 11/7/2019 and is still not on the grid yet Show additional information

Professional installer

Installer came to my house and got up on the roof with me, to explain installation.
Friendly team of three installers got job done in one day. I'm a tradesman and their workmanship was superb and efficient.
All paperwork and communications have been prompt and easy to follow.
I can't imagine having a better installation done for me.
Thank you Solarquotes for recommending them. Thank you Solargain for being so professional.
The Panels & Inverter were installed in a little more than half a day on 24/10/18 but the Switchboard upgrade has not been done yet. Show additional information
Overall a really good experience. I'm really happy with the system performance and the overall process that I went through.
I asked a lot of questions of each supplier and took a few months to research the different products and solutions that each offered. I also engaged with another supplier (not through Solar Quotes) through some of my work contacts. After much research, I didn't get a good feeling from SolarEdge as a product. I heard about a lot of failures and the poor product support. I also don't like it when companies start threatening legal action and try to quiet installers who are sharing the truth. I was also warned about the stability and longevity of Enphase as a company, since they nearly went bankrupt several years ago. But I think they have turned things around, and I was confident they had an excellent product range and could continue to support their install base into the future. For me, the MicroInverter while a little more expensive, is the superior solution. I really like the small footprint of the power meter (Envoy Meter-S). I also love the fault tolerance of the system and built in safety.

My only complaints with dealing with SolarGain were the long wait time to do the install, some incorrect documentation was supplied (e.g. wrong solar panel spec sheet). They didn't do a site visit for the quote which meant that on the day the install occurred, the panel layout design had to change due to pipe in the roof. Also, their "customer user manual" was really out of date and not relevant to a Micro-Inverter system (it was focused on traditional string inverter like SMA). I gave them this feedback, and they are trying to update the manual, and have promised to supply it to me when ready. I am also waiting for "MyEnlighten Manager" level access to my system. So far just got the default level of access, which doesn't give you panel level data analysis. SolarGain are looking into that for me, so hopefully it gets sorted out soon. So far, almost 10 days of the system running and it has been producing well above expectation (averaging 23kWh per day). I'd definitely recommend the installer and this solution to anyone.
The Solargain sales consultant was very knowledgeable, very patient and informative as I was coming from a nil base. He put many hours into the sale, including visiting my house and arranging for an inspection of a working heat pump hot water system in another suburb; very quiet. I had been worried about the noise but it was less than many airconditioners. A key issue is the quantum of information that has to be known so that one can invest with confidence. It's not like buying a car; it's more like assembling a system from its component parts after you learn enough to do so. For example, I only stumbled on the heat pump solar hot water system in the last two weeks of my research - and how lucky I did. The absence of any independent consultant advisors means you either accept what is said, or you do the research to satisfy yourself. If the former you need to check out the company properly, as there are sufficient stories of shysters to make one wary.

The Solargain installers of both the heat pump and solar panels and inverter were excellent, industrious and knowledgeable. Up on the roof it looks great, and the electrical connections were better than was used on my previous 1.5kW system.

The back office staff are clearly overworked and unresponsive. In the end the sales person came to my rescue about setting up the Fronius solarweb system, but this was some 5 weeks thereafter.

I would certainly use the Solargain Deception Bay people again, as I now understand the process a lot better, but their office end needs help to provide better service.
They were efficient and reliable and honoured all appointment times. Show additional information
Thank you SolarQuotes, the information you supplied helped me choose a solar system that suited my needs. Show additional information
While the price was important it was the fact that the products used were similar to what other companies were supplying at a higher price.
I have found my dealings with Solargain to be a seamless experience.
Had a couple of local shade issues, but couldn't find anyone who offered analysis with a Suneye 210 or equivalent, and was forced to go with a "best guess" kind of analysis aided by the kind gift from a friend of the Excel chart "Canberra sun angles". It contains the direction and elevation of the sun for every hour of a Canberra calendar year, which helped a bit to give a little backup to the inevitable salesman's optimistic "she'll be right". Otherwise all OK, and thank you for the quotes and all the educational pages - they really helped a great deal.
BTW Sorry for the repetitive "all 4" ratings above, but I stand by them...

Avoid Solargain and their subcontractor Elite Solar

Solargain and their subcontractor do not know the technology they are installing. Solargain sent their subcontractor Elite Solar to my house to install a 10kW system. They recommended that the inverter be installed by the front door. I asked if there would be any noise and was told there be a slight hum. When the system was first turned on it was quite noisy and I queried the installer who confessed that he had only installed small inverters before and didn't realise an 8kW inverter would be so loud. The Fronius inverter is so noisy that it is unpleasant to sit in the yard in front of the house. Solargain came out to inspect the inverter and agreed it was noisy. A month later they said it would cost $1500 to relocate. I disagreed. They came back and said they would move it for $750. I disagreed. Now Solargain do not reply to my emails.

Additionally, Elite Solar punctured 8 holes through my cathedral ceiling by mistake. On the first day Elite Solar turned up and said I needed to upgrade the cable from my switchboard to street, which has cost about $2000.

My recommendation is to avoid Solargain, Elite solar, and Fronius inverters.
Two systems ie original 5Kw with IG inverter and second 5kw system working alongside but with Fronius Primo inverter. Average putting back around 3.5 times what we use into the grid and have not paid a power bill for years and remain in credit. Haven't actually worked it out but original system and 60c FIT nullified power bills and paid for 5Kw additional system. All round an excellent experience but not something to go into blindly. Estimate the two systems have paid for themselves and are now earning. Show additional information
Price includes battery Show additional information
Solargain is listed on your site so I did get the name from you. Their products are all good and their price was better than the 3 quotes I had. Your site proved very useful again (I used your service last time I had solar installed). Many thanks,
David
It shouldn't take over an hour to give a quote. After 10 mins I had already moved to the next. Show additional information
Your website completely influenced the system we chose based on all the valuable information provided but we were not completely satisfied with your choice of referred companies. Show additional information
We got 4 quotes, out of these will only considered Solargain. Reasons being this company has lasted the tested of time and have a good record.
Solargain won out because they explained all of our options and suggested the best system for our situation. Which was a 15kw as opposed to the 10 kw systems the other quoted. As our property is connected to a 3 phase power supply.
This quote were discussed with our energy supplier to enquire whether the system would be accepted (which it will be) and they confirmed what Solargain had told us.
Solargain was the original installer of a 2KW system and their price for an upgrade was reasonable and not completely confusing and misleading like the three you recommend.

The reason why I tried the three you recommended was I wasn't happy with Solargain management but the installation was excellent
You were extremely helpful in all ways it was price and local person solar gain, and that was as much as I was prepared to pay in our situation. I am sure you would have given me better advise which would have saved me a lot of stress re changing electricity company, well after solar was put in. Any way thank you for your help and wish you all the best and would recommend you anytime cheers Jude. Show additional information
I can't comment on the installation yet as it hasn't happened. Show additional information
I like dealing with Michael from Solargain. He knew his industry and product and appeared reliable always getting back to me promptly with any queries. Show additional information