Solargain Reviews

Solargain is one of Australia’s leading solar power providers, with more than 21 offices and warehouses countrywide. Having been around for over 20 years, we’re regarded as one of the best structured and integrated solar power and solar hot water companies in the business. We have also expanded to become one of the largest and most trusted solar service companies in Australia, offering homeowners and businesses a wide range of energy efficient technology to help reduce electricity consumption and save you money.

We pride ourselves on quality solar and renewable energy solutions and are known in the industry for our achievements, including:

1. Proudly Australian-owned and operated, with 21 locations across the country.

2. Dedicated after-sales solar Service Department.

3. ISO 9001 certified for Quality Management Systems.

4. We’ve installed over 72,000 systems across Australia.

5. CEC Approved Solar Retailer and who only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

6. We’re ranked among the top 3 solar installers (by volume) nationally according to Sunwiz data.

7. Partnerships with some of the world’s leading solar manufacturers

Reviewers report paying: $3,400 - $9,324 for depending on hardware choice and installation difficulty ( how is this calculated? )

The views expressed by reviewers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Peacock Media Group, which makes no representations as to the accuracy of the reviews. For our full disclaimer and further information, see our Terms of Use and our Review Guidelines.

Solargain Reviews (931)

4.2/5

4.3/5

4.4/5

4.3/5

Highly reccomend

We have recently had a solar system installed by Solargain and could not be happier with the result. From the first contact to the installed product they have been great to deal with. Their installation team were also amazing, explaining the whole process and working professionally throughout the day. We would recommend anyone contact Solargain if they are interested in a very cost effective great system.

Hi Caroline. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review and recommendation. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic product, better Service

Solar Gain provided a perfect solution for our tricky house position. They made the whole process seamless and very easy to understand. The installers were very friendly and professional.

Hi Jay. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. Nothing makes our day more than heaving from happy customers. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain

Sale and quoting process was honest punctual and gave me what I wanted
Installation was done by a great tidy pleasant efficient team
Still in the process of grid connection and after service as just been installed

Hi John. We're glad to hear you had a good experience with the team and that your installation went well. If you ever need any assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Bad workmanship

We had system installed 5 years ago. We’ve found until now all the tiles underneath the solar panels were misaligned causing damages to our internal roof beams and insulation layer. I called this company they refused to come fix it and said their workmanship is 2 years only. They do not make any effort to rectified. Just a reminder look from inside your roof space out see if you had this problem. Not a great company and I do not think a company that not in any attempt at to fix the problem will grow to be good company.

All round quality service

Sales rep Matt explained things thoroughly in easy to understand language and offered me a number of options to look over and choose from. I had been quoted a 6k system by a door to door group. Solargain fit a 9k system for less than I was quoted by the DtD company. Matt didn’t try to upsell, and provided quality advise on battery storage options for later down the track. Lillian was great to deal with in arranging instal dates and sending through all required information and documents ready for the installation.

The booked day of instal ended up raining. They gave me a call prior to planned arrival time and rebooked with ease. The install crew headed by Phil were amazing and even fixed a gap in my tile capping to stop water getting into my roof. Highly recommend Solargain.

Hi Kara, great to hear that you had such a good experience with Matt, Phil, and the rest of our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system, or have any questions, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Thank you very much for your recommendation, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great install and help all the way along.

Good sales and accurate quoting. Install was quick and professional and they have take care of everything required.

Hi Ben. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with the team. If you ever require any assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great communication, quick turn around and installation. Polite, punctual and tidy installation team

Hi Joseph. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, it's always great to hear from satisfied customers. If you ever have any questions about your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent service and installation

Excellent experience right the way through to installation, no problems at all. Would recommend!

Hi Andrew. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and thank you very much for your recommendation. It's great to hear you had an excellent experience with our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system, we're always available. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 03-08-2021:

Excellent

Solargain were excellent to deal with. Everything went smoothly from quote to installation and commissioning. System was in the middle range of quality. Solargain looked after everything including registration and warranties. It was all just very easy. Original ratings

Hi Graeme. Great to hear you had a good experience with our team from start to finish. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

8 months later we asked Graeme: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

One year on and I am very happy with our solar system and it's performance. It is doing everything that was promised. The ability to monitor performance from the fronius app is both interesting and good to learn how to get the best out of the system.

Certainly worth it!

Solargain has great customer service and competitive pricing in the Canberra area. What I especially liked is that they listened to specific requirements I had in mind (such as the location of the inverter inside a store room I cleared out for the purpose) and we negotiated about the best outcome.

Specifically as a customer I was looking for the best energy security rather than the best cost effectiveness or earnings and it was easy and effective to communicate with Solargain. It has been cloudy for the most part for the few days after the installation, but for a 6.5 kW system it seemed to pull in 2-3 kW through the clouds and the maximum of 5 kW when the sun came out. Remember, that this is during late March and not the peak of summer.

When I work from home I can only list a few appliances that I use, in this mild weather I don't need airconditioning or heating, but for a couple of computers, routers/internet, hot water system and fridge, lighting is LED so negligable, it looks like I'm sending most of my solar energy back to the grid for the bulk of the work day (even in the clouds). It's more like Autumn weather here at the moment.

From this baseline I can project that my air conditioning costs during the summer would be mostly offset by my system, I say this because I have a 4 kW air conditioner! That would definately save a big chunk of my electricity bill.

Solargain organised the work needed by ACTEW to start earning money from sending energy to the grid. But for me the best thing is the energy I can make and use myself, rather than selling it to the grid!

Well done Solargain

Very easy process in getting quote everything explained and package of information sent. They also looked after notifying energy provider and arranged for new meter to be be fitted prior to installation. Slight delay in installation due to inverter not being CEC approved in time however communication regarding this was excellent and system was fitted earlier than anticipated. Installation was very professional, arrived on time explained what was going to happen very neat and tidy install all connected to grid before they left even inverter was connected to wifi. This is the second time we have used Solargain the first being hot water system have no hesitation in recommending them for solar installation. Their knowledge, price and tradesmen are first class

Hi Norman. Thank you so much for your recommendation, wonderful to hear you've had multiple positive experiences with our team. If you ever need any assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.
Sales person on the phone suggested installing the panels low on the roof to catch the morning sun. Installers said install them high on the roof as the morning sun gives very little power and shade might block the panels in winter. They ended up installing low on the roof and the morning sun didnt provide any power and shade did block part of the panels in winter. Not impressed at all.

Hi Tim, I'd like to investigate your case further. Would you be able to email us at [email protected] with your address so I can find you in our database? Kind regards, Solargain.

Happy customer

Good sales person, good communication throughout the process and good installer.

Hi Gabriel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and inform future customers looking to make the right choice for their solar energy system. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solar Instal

The installation has not yet completed. We expect that to happen next week.

Hi Mike. Thank you for leaving your review, we really appreciate it. If you have any questions about your upcoming installation you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

poor service

So good at our old house, unbelievably bad at our new house. After quoting and arranging an installation date we rang them when they didn’t turn up. They told us then, on the day they were supposed to be there that they weren’t coming. Quoting and advice on options was faultless and pleasant. Delivery was an abject failure.

Hi Stephen. We would like to apologise for how events on your installation day unfolded. This was a breakdown of communication between our team members and we will endeavour to ensure it does not happen again.

You should have been informed earlier that the installation would not have gone ahead, and we should have determined earlier in the process than we did that we would not be able to install on your roof due to safety issues. We will be reviewing our processes to try and improve from this.

Regards,

Solargain sales and service

Solargain was a very easy company to deal with. All questions were politely answered. The quote was, as per original phone call. Installers were prompt, tidy and polite. Many ongoing queries were answered as system was installed. At this point of time I can’t comment on the total process which is yet to be completed. Solargain has informed me of predicted times and next stages.

Hi Andre. We're glad to hear that so far you've had an excellent experience with us, let's both look forward to the finished installation! If you ever have any questions, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy with the install and system.

I had a very good experience with Solargain.

Straightforward to get the quote for my system.

Instal team were courteous, professional and did a great job.

I would recommend Solargain to others.

Hi Chris. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we're glad to hear you had a good experience with the team. If you ever need any assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Sangam's Solar

The team at Solar Gain have exceeded my expectations. They are very transparent with all the information, right from providing the quote to providing the installation. The installers were highly knowledgeable and answered countless questions patiently. I recommend Solar Gain.

Hi Mahesh, thank you very much for the glowing recommendation. We couldn't be happier to know we managed to exceed your expectations and deliver a positive installation experience. Kind regards, Solargain.

We were very impressed with the advice we received when asking for a quote and this was followed with a very fair price.
The team that installed the system were on time, informative and very polite. They explained what they were going to do and when finished explained how it worked. They left the premises clean of any debris when they left.
Would definitely recommend them.
Angelo & Katy

Dear Angelo and Katy, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. Great to hear you had a positive experience with our team. If you have any questions, or ever require assistance with your system feel free to call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Outstanding Installer

Of the 7 companies I contacted for a quote, Solargain was the only one that genuinely understood what I wanted out of a solar + battery system. I wanted energy independence, as little power from coal as possible, and Solargain was the only company willing to sell me a system based on that and not just my last electricity bill. They answered all of my questions, had a great understanding of their product and were more than willing to share that information with me. The whole process was very smooth. The installation was just as smooth, they worked quickly and carefully and were happy to coordinate grid connection and handover around my schedule. Unfortunately, they were not able to install the backup box due to a regulatory issue, however they offered to install it at a later date for no additional cost. I can't fault Solargain for that, it was totally out of their control. All in all, a fantastic experience, would definitely recommend Solargain to anyone.

Hi Dale. Thank you so much for your recommendation and thorough review. It always means a lot to us to know a customer had a positive experience with our team. if you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

A little slow in responding but great system/ install in the end

After getting an initial quote, progress stalled for a while and I needed to chase up a few things but once we were back in the swing of things install and progress happened very quickly. Installers did a great job to keep everything out of sight and finished very quickly

Hi Rob. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it. Great to hear you had a positive experience with our team. If you have any questions, or ever need any assistance with your system you an always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great and reliable installers. Very helpful and understanding

Sales quoting was easy and understandable very professional.
Install was smooth and easily worked around what they needed to do, very polite workers and punctual also nice and tidy with cleaning up after finished.

The installers helped with my understanding of the Inverter and helped me setup with the app which is easily to use.

Hi Carmen. We're glad to hear that our installation team were able to provide you with an all around excellent installation experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we always love to hear from our customers. Kind regards, Solargain.

Outstanding!

I am very happy with Solargain in every aspect. Planning and quote was clear and easy. Communication was excellent. We chose 18 panels and electric hot water to nail both electricity and gas bills. Installation and the result was top level. Overall I am very happy with this company and highly recommend them. I rate them as outstanding.

Hi Bill. Thank you very much for your recommendation, it's great to hear you had such a great experience with every aspect of our team. If you ever need any assistance with your system, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 22-05-2021:

Solar installation

I am still waiting for this system to be installed Original ratings

8 months later we asked Sam: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes I have no complaints in fact I have nothing but praise for the Huawei brand.

Great install.

The team at Solargain kept us fully informed throughout the process and the installation team were excellent; professional, quick, tidy and friendly.

Hi Matt. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we're glad to hear that you had a good installation experience. If you ever need any assistance with your system please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic the whole way through

I think I engaged about 5 companies for quotes and Solargain were very competitive for price and had a variety of quality options. I had Ben as the Solar Designer who did my quote and he came out to my house and did a thorough assessment, where others just did it on the phone. I also changed my mind several times on what system and size I wanted and Ben was nothing short of fantastic. Each time he would send me a revised quote in a timely manner, and provided advice and I hadn't even committed to Solargain yet. The customer service was fantastic and when I saw that they were recommended by Solar Quotes I signed up. Their install team were fantastic and explained everything so I could understand it. I am really happy I went with Solargain and I am very confident with the long warranties on the panels, install and inverter. Highly recommend Solargain.

Hi Daniel. Thank you so much for your recommendation. It always makes our day to hear when a customer has had a standout experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about your system we're always available on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Deliverer on outcome

I had to sell to Solargain not other way around.
Quotes changed numerous in process.
Install has gone well and system is working.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback on the quoting experience, we always endeavor to improve our processes. We're glad to hear you had a good experience with your solar installation and that your system is working well. Kind regards, Solargain.

So, so, so bad. Avoid at all costs.

I have been waiting 8 weeks post instillation and I'm still unable to even turn my system on. They avoid emails and when they do ever reply, it's copy/paste nonsense. Avoid At all costs. It's so bad.

Hi Jeff. Apologies for the delay in response. Could you please email us on [email protected], so we can find you in our database and see what we can do to assist you? Kind regards, Solargain.
The customer service from solargain was great the product was absolutely rubbish

Good Afternoon Terry, we're sorry to hear your overall experience Solargain did not meet your expectations. This isn't in keeping with our usual service standards and we'd like to see what we can do to assist you. I have forwarded this to our service department and we will be in touch very soon. Once again we apologies. Kind Regards Solargain

Solar/Battery install

No issues with these guys what so ever, all the way from initial quote through to instal and commissioning.

Install crew didn't muck about and did a good job.

Hi Stephen. Great to hear you had a pleasant installation experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain/Ikea great price, service and experience

In addition to Solarquotes' 3 suppliers I enquired about the IKEA offer which is delivered by their partners, Solargain.

The Solargain quote was considerably lower than the prices quoted by the other companies, largely it seems because Solargain quoted for a Growatt inverter rather that Fronius.

We have installed an 8.88kW 3 phase system.

After doing my own reading and enquiries about Growatt, and considering the warranty provided by Growatt as well as Solargain, we went with this, the cheapest option.

So we are breaking one of Finns golden rules - the cheapest system and an inverter brand which he does not recommend. Wil we live to regret it?

The sales process was great - all questions answered promptly.
The installation was polite, tidy, punctual, friendly and professional.
The install was brought forward by 2 weeks - so we are still waiting for the smart metre install but Solargain has organised this.

Hi Mary. Great to hear you had a pleasant installation experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

My Solar Experience

MY SOLAR STORY
I was looking for non-premium 6.6kw solar system. I took the view that Solar systems are evolving; noting the development in Australia of improved and more cost effective solar panels and that, in all likelihood, I would not be in my home in 25 years. Thus, a 25 year warranty and premium panels etc was unnecessary. I wanted an efficient effective system that would last, say, 10 years.

SolarQuotes sent me the names of three solar suppliers. One did not respond and the price of the other two quotes ($7200 and $8200) exceeded my needs. Alternate solar suppliers were sought via the internet.

A quote was obtained from eight suppliers. Suppliers were vetted and culled using their ABN and ASIC records, a search of their address (Google earth etc), attempting to contact them by telephone, CEC membership check, electrical licence check, internet search for any supplier media or supplier reviews; e.g. ProductReview, Facebook, Whirlpool, Choice and SolarQuotes.

As regards the quotes-
Some suppliers:-
quoted around the $3200 price for a 6.66kw system, wanted $100 deposit, wanted final payment days before installation, would not accept payment upon installation/with proper system operation, constantly telephoned seeking quote acceptance, “1300” telephone number never answered, address was seen to be a mail drop box in QLD or found to be a $49 a month office mail address in NSW, had minimal if any customer reviews, had lost their licence and were under Government scrutiny, in my view appeared to be using unskilled labour, had changed its name recently, had commenced within the past year or so and seemed unlikely to be in existence in years to come so as to carry out labour warranty. All these suppliers seemed to use what could be called “boiler room” sales staff keen to get the next sale- on a number of occasions I thought I was speaking to persons overseas.

Other suppliers:-
quoted $3700-$4100 for a 6.66kw system, did not require a deposit, gave a pensioner discount, offered to price match within reason, had significant (=> 25 favourable reviews), had existed as the one entity for at least 3 years, had one or several physical business addresses/warehouse and appeared more likely to provide future warranty etc service. Some of these suppliers disapproved of the cheap quotes and warned that warranty might be an issue as well as product/installation quality.
As to the solar product, the panel and inverter specifications-efficiency etc were examined via, for example SolarQuotes. The Retail Prices (including GST) of panels and inverters was obtained to enable the forming of some opinion on supplier pricing. (see for example solarshoponline.com.au) The background of the panel and inverter suppliers was reviewed. An Australian office for each panel and inverter supplier was sought where warranty claims could be lodged.
Over time, I selected one type of panel and inverter and then obtained a quote from suppliers; together with each supplier’s Contract/Terms and Conditions, based upon my selected panel and inverter items.

The Contract/Terms and Conditions of all suppliers was examined and all had issues, such as poor english expression, referencing non- existent clauses, obscure provisions and broadly stating that product substitution might be necessary, along with changes to the quoted price and the value of STC’s, albeit with some provision for customer approval. All suppliers were asked to verify they held, or had ready access to, panels and inverters. One supplier said it had to source product.

The STC rebate offered by suppliers varied markedly due to the use of an “STC” value from $30 to the maximum of $40. This resulted in the total STC rebate offered on a 6.6kw system comprising 18 * 370K panels, could be between $2761 and $3681.

It is of note that a customer can pay the full quoted price for a solar system to a solar supplier; ex the STC rebate and then the customer themselves can apply separately and be paid the STC rebate.
I was warned to check the bona fides of suppliers offering cheap solar pricing. I accepted that advice, but took the view the risk of contracting with such a supplier could be accepted from the point of view the cash saved (maybe $900) could cover any future installer labour cost not covered by what might then be a non-existent supplier warranty.
That notwithstanding, I culled suppliers by requiring 25 favourable reviews, a business existence of 2 years, a land line that responded and a verifiable physical address. None of the cheaper quotes survived that cull.

The chosen supplier (Solargain) had warehoused stock, significant favourable reviews, offered full payment upon installation, had CEC membership, had physical location(s), was contactable by telephone, corporate existence for =>3 years, demonstrated associations/business relations with large corporates, demonstrated experience in large commercial/residential solar installations, provided acceptable warranty assurances and on balance, was most likely to install a fully operational contracted solar product on time and on budget.

As a result, I paid (through the nose you might say) roughly $3900 (no pensioner rebate though) for a 6.66kw system with 18*370kw Trina panels and a Growatt 5kw inverter (5+5 year warranty). The next best price was around $3750. I did not research prices for the racking.
I arranged for Solargain to conduct a site inspection to confirm where the solar panels would be placed and that my switch board specs etc were satisfactory. My switchboard was upgraded to incorporate “RCD’s” (Residual Current Devices- a safety mechanism) and additional neutral wiring.

The site inspection resulted in a price increase to allow for 15metres of extra cabling (said to be due to possible difficulty in the roof cavity) and a switchboard upgrade that I arranged for separately at a cost of $500.
I accepted Solargain’s quote on 4/11 and on 30/11 the system was installed and up and running with my property tidied up in around 6 hours. Solargain did all the paperwork. Polite,tidy, punctual installation team.

I hope all this helps in your solar search.

Hi Bob. Wow, you definitely did your research. We consider taking the time to thoroughly investigate solar a key part of a customer's journey, and documenting it here for other's to see should hopefully help them on their own journeys, so thank you very much. We're very happy to hear that after such deep consideration, you settled on us for your installation, and we hope you enjoy your new system.

Fantastic Installer

Solargain’s team from start to finish we’re very professional.
The installation team were great. They were patient and friendly, they also cleaned up when they finished.

Hi Guiseppe. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team, thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Kind regards, Solargain.

Very happy! SolarGain are professional, straight forward and prompt!

The sales process was quick and simple. They provided different options and explained clearly the key points of each. They were happy to detail exactly what we would get (other installers just gave a vague description so you didn't know exactly what model would end up being installed). The pricing was fair and the sales person was not pushy.

Installation happened a couple of weeks earlier than initially quoted, on the day of installation they called 30 mins before arrival and completed the job with 30 mins of when predicted. The installers left no mess and explained how the system operated before leaving.

SolarGain organised connection to the grid and about 10 days later provided us with login details for the monitoring system. So far, the system has been exceeding the forecast daily kWh output by about 10% (very pleased with that).

Before committing to an installer we gathered several quotes and exhaustively compared the specs and believe we got a better system for a similar price to other installers and have been more than happy throughout the process.

Wholeheartedly recommended!

Hi Noel. We always like to hear when a customer took the time to do their thorough research before deciding on an installer, and choosing us. Doing your research is an integral step to installing solar, as it is a big investment. It's great to hear yours is working out well for you, and even exceeding expectations. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great overall experience

Paul from Solargain’s sales team spent almost 4 hours educating me on various aspects of solar, battery and hot water systems. We looked at various combinations before I made up my mind with Trina Panels and Huawei inverter. The signing process using ACT’s sustainable household scheme was easy. The installation team arrived on the day as planned and continued with installation even when it had rained a night before. They were a team of 7 people who were friendly and attentive. They were careful on the roof and made sure that everything is done correctly. They finished installation in 5 hours. The hot water Istore system was installed by a plumber who was nee to Istore. He did the installation well but did not explain the system features. Solargain’s hot water team helped with the understanding of operation of Istore. Everything is working well at this stage and when I had a hiccup with the system one day, Solargain service team helped me quickly over the phone to sort it. I also got signed up for free with Qantas and received points for the installation. Thank you Solargain team for everything

Hi Madan. Thank you for the comprehensive review, it's great to hear that our team were able to assist you in understanding solar that you were able to make an informed decision on your purchase. We're also happy to know you were happy with your overall installation. If you ever need any more assistance you can always call us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent service

How was the sales/quoting process? Friendly, informative, not pushy

How did the installation go? Punctual and tidy

How was the customer service? Post install, it all just worked

Very happy

Hi Ash. There's nothing better than it all just working, eh? It's great to hear how happy you were with our team, thanks for leaving us your review, we really appreciate it. Kind regards, Solargain.

Solargain All Pain - No Gain

Used Solargain some 5-6 years ago and installed an over priced system marketed at 4kw, which turned out to only generate 3.1KW (Marketing trick) and we recently got a quote to install a 10kw system from Solargain and an a iStore Heat Pump Hot Water Service. They pressured us to sign back in August under constant threat of impending price rise ( old sales trick I know) but we signed with Solargain, and then waited and waited for them to contact us, they where impossible to contact, everything was leave a message and no-one gets back to you.

After 2 months of waiting we get an email from Solargain saying they prices have gone up by 20-25% and would they like us to re-quote ! yes seriously ! We had agreed on a price and signed in August 2021 and now in Nov they want to increase the price.

On my experience and that of a friend who I referred to Solargain, our advice is stay clear of Solargain. Their honesty, integrity and quality of customer service is third world. Run away.

Hi Roger,

We are sorry to hear your experience with Solargain has not been to your satisfaction.
Since August, we would all have liked things to have progressed faster in Vic but we have certainly had some lockdown frustrations which have deferred all our 2021 installations.
We did clarify for you that while the market price might have increased significantly, your price was to increase by an amount in the vicinity of 3% (approx.) this was due to install dates being pushed back to 2022, therefore reflecting the relevant STC’s applicable to that year (no change to component price). Again, on behalf of the management team at Solargain, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Professional Job

From the very start I was confident it was going to be a great installation. Top system.

Hi Terry. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, great to hear you're enjoying your solar energy system. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Communication

The communication from Solargain was top notch. I didn't need to instigate anything. Always polite.

The installers arrived time indicated, were professional, friendly and efficient.

I would fully recommend.

Hi Paul. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. It's great to hear you had such a good experience with our team, good enough to leave us a recommendation. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installer, upfront, and excellent communication.

They are upfront and clear about the process, excellent communication, and to our suprise for a big company, the price is around the same and even lower than some other installer that we quoted.

The installation date was delay for a couple of days and they informed this to us a few weeks before.

They help organised the connection to Energex.

Hi Rocky. Great to hear that our team were able to satisfy on all fronts. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. If you ever need any assistance with your system, please don't hesitate to get in touch on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Most Experienced

I went with Solargain because they provided a good balance between quality of product, solid knowledge of solar setups at a decent price. Very happy!

Hi Heidi. Great to hear you had a pleasant experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about, or need any assistance with your solar, you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Customer service was excellent

sales and quoting was very good
installation was carried out on time, very punctual and tidied up afterwards.
Customer service by Solargain was good, had to wait a few weeks for he inspector to come out and allow the system to be turned on but I don't think that was anything to do with Solargain.
Too early to tell if we are happy with the outcome

Hi Michelle. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience with our team, and hope you enjoy your new solar energy system. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Fantastic service

The whole process from initial quote was excellent. We had a non pushy Sales representative who gave us all the information to make an educated decision. Solargain’s communication was of a high standard, always kept us updated & installation was on the date as booked. Thank you, we are very happy.

Hi Vanessa, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really glad to hear you had such a good experience with our team. if you ever need any assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

good job on time.

Easy to deal with, installation on time as forecast. Even tho the installation date was brought forward two weeks, all arrangements were in place for the job to be completed.

Hi Alan. Glad to hear that you had a good experience with your installation. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you ever need assistance you can reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installer and good value for money

We installed a 6.6Kw system with Jinko panels, a Fronius inverter and iStore hot water system. Solargain made the whole process very simple and straighforward with good communication throughout the process. No pushy sales technique which was great. Installers turned up on time and carried out the job tidily and efficiently. Overall happy with the installation.

I would have like to include the Solar Analytics monitoring as part of the install but Solargain were unable to source this, so we'll have to retrofit it, otherwise installation would have been 5 stars.

It took some time (5 days) to get the Solarweb monitoring from Fronius up and running. With a bit better system at their end by setting up the account on the day it would have been an even better customer experience.

Overall, good company and happy with the install.

Hi Vic. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We always appreciate constructive feedback, as we're always looking for ways to improve our processes. We're glad to hear that you are overall happy with your system and installation. If you ever need any assistance you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Impressed!

Third time I've used Solargain, two solar installations and one hot water heat pump. Brilliant service each time. Take care of everything and good follow up support with wifi monitoring.

Hi William. We always love to hear from a repeat customer, great to hear you've had such good experiences with our team. If you ever need any additional support you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Original Review on 10-04-2021:

Microinverters now competitive for 3 phase installation

My roof is steeper than usual with shading issues and 3 phase installation a bit tricky due to voltage rise concerns.
I was very pleased when Solargain were able to make the previously too expensive Enphase microinverter system competitive with a fully optimised string inverter system using 17 * 370 W panels.
Panel by panel monitoring, lack of DC isolators and 3 phase balancing are additional benefits of this system.
Installation was punctual, efficient and of a high standard. The crew enjoyed their work.
Areas for improvement include:
8 week delay between signing up and installation.
Connection approval went smoothly, but the office didn't keep me informed of progress.
Delay in connection to the Enphase monitoring system.
While its very early days, I can recommend Solargain / Enphase on ther basis of quality price and performance to date.

Hi Mark. Thank you very much for your recommendation, it's great to hear that your experience with our team was smooth and satisfying. Thank you also for your recommendations, as we're always seeking to improve. If you ever need assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

6 months later we asked Mark: "Are you happy with the performance of your system so far?"

Yes. I managed to halve my power import over winter by managing self consumption. In spring, power import is even lower. My goal of halving power import is looking like my solar installation will deliver the planned 5 year payout and also let me run the air-conditioning to precool the house in summer.
I'm looking forward to earning a premium on the current 3 cent WA feedin tariff by activating the Enphase inverter export management capability.

Great service and Installation.

Customer service was professional, friendly with no pressure tactics and they helped organise the grid connection. They provided accurate and helpful information about different inverters and panels. Installer, electrician and his team were polite, tidy and punctual explaining any questions I had about the PV system. Installation of panels and inverter was excellent.

Hi Joel. It's great to hear that your experience with us has been positive on all fronts, thank you for leaving your review. If you ever have any further questions, you can always reach our team on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Great installation

Very slick quote, salesperson was very helpful in discussing the various options available. I ended up purchasing both a solar panel system, as well as replacing my old gas hot water system with a heat pump (iStore 180L), both included in the price.

My house has an oddly shaped roof, which required splitting the 8 panels across 6 locations, so installation ended up taking two days. The installers were fantastic, very professional and knowledgeable.

Hi Lixin. We're very pleased to hear that our installers were able to accommodate for your home's unique rooftop and provide you with a good installation. If you ever need any assistance with your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.

Excellent Product & Installation

Solar Gain provided excellent pricing as compared to the other quotes we received. The installation was quick as well and our system is going really well. Would very much recommend Solar Gain

Hi Cam. Thank you so much for your recommendation, it always makes our day to hear when a customer has a great experience with our team. If you ever have any questions about your system you can always reach us on 1300 73 93 55. Kind regards, Solargain.