Solargain Reviews

About Solargain, Solar Installers

Solargain
Gold Partner
Solargain is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)

Solargain is one Australia’s largest solar companies employing over 170 staff and have been a mainstay in the solar power industry since it began. The company started as a one many plumbing business in 1995, servicing and installing hot water and solar hot water. In 2005, the company Solargain was officially formed. In 2008, Solargain dived into solar power, long before it became mainstream. Priding themselves on quality solar, they are proud of the following achievements:

1. One of Australia’s only fully Quality ISO 9001 certified solar organisations.

2. Installed over 65,000 systems nationally, which ranks third nationally in total installed capacity.

3. Have consistently been in the top 5 installers (by volume) nationally for the last five years according to Sunwiz.

4. Solargain is a CEC Approved Solar Retailer and only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

5. Was one of the very first CEC certified organisations, installing systems before solar took off under the original $8000 rebate.

6. Chosen for many commercial projects, including the 1 MW project for the City of Cockburn ARC in Western Australia in 2017.

Solargain offers and services almost anything solar related. With major offices in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria, they have one of the widest service networks of any solar company.

Solargain Solar Reviews

I was contacted by all three of the suppliers that you recommended, plus I contacted two others. Solargain was by far the most professional and gave me the confidence - the other two of your recommendation - one was more expensive, and the other didn't even come to site - supplying a quote and a roof layout that saw all the new panels in full shade in the afternoon!!!! The cheapest quote was again a no show on site and a foreign pressure salesman - no thanks. The final one was the supplier of the original system 2.5kw system on the roof - came to site but didn't follow up at all.
The new system was only installed yesterday so I'll be monitoring its performance over the next week or so but I fully expect that I'll be self sufficient for electricity
The Solargain sales consultant was very knowledgeable, very patient and informative as I was coming from a nil base. He put many hours into the sale, including visiting my house and arranging for an inspection of a working heat pump hot water system in another suburb; very quiet. I had been worried about the noise but it was less than many airconditioners. A key issue is the quantum of information that has to be known so that one can invest with confidence. It's not like buying a car; it's more like assembling a system from its component parts after you learn enough to do so. For example, I only stumbled on the heat pump solar hot water system in the last two weeks of my research - and how lucky I did. The absence of any independent consultant advisors means you either accept what is said, or you do the research to satisfy yourself. If the former you need to check out the company properly, as there are sufficient stories of shysters to make one wary.

The Solargain installers of both the heat pump and solar panels and inverter were excellent, industrious and knowledgeable. Up on the roof it looks great, and the electrical connections were better than was used on my previous 1.5kW system.

The back office staff are clearly overworked and unresponsive. In the end the sales person came to my rescue about setting up the Fronius solarweb system, but this was some 5 weeks thereafter.

I would certainly use the Solargain Deception Bay people again, as I now understand the process a lot better, but their office end needs help to provide better service.
They were efficient and reliable and honoured all appointment times. Show additional information
Thank you SolarQuotes, the information you supplied helped me choose a solar system that suited my needs. Show additional information
While the price was important it was the fact that the products used were similar to what other companies were supplying at a higher price.
I have found my dealings with Solargain to be a seamless experience.
Had a couple of local shade issues, but couldn't find anyone who offered analysis with a Suneye 210 or equivalent, and was forced to go with a "best guess" kind of analysis aided by the kind gift from a friend of the Excel chart "Canberra sun angles". It contains the direction and elevation of the sun for every hour of a Canberra calendar year, which helped a bit to give a little backup to the inevitable salesman's optimistic "she'll be right". Otherwise all OK, and thank you for the quotes and all the educational pages - they really helped a great deal.
BTW Sorry for the repetitive "all 4" ratings above, but I stand by them...

Avoid Solargain and their subcontractor Elite Solar

Solargain and their subcontractor do not know the technology they are installing. Solargain sent their subcontractor Elite Solar to my house to install a 10kW system. They recommended that the inverter be installed by the front door. I asked if there would be any noise and was told there be a slight hum. When the system was first turned on it was quite noisy and I queried the installer who confessed that he had only installed small inverters before and didn't realise an 8kW inverter would be so loud. The Fronius inverter is so noisy that it is unpleasant to sit in the yard in front of the house. Solargain came out to inspect the inverter and agreed it was noisy. A month later they said it would cost $1500 to relocate. I disagreed. They came back and said they would move it for $750. I disagreed. Now Solargain do not reply to my emails.

Additionally, Elite Solar punctured 8 holes through my cathedral ceiling by mistake. On the first day Elite Solar turned up and said I needed to upgrade the cable from my switchboard to street, which has cost about $2000.

My recommendation is to avoid Solargain, Elite solar, and Fronius inverters.
Two systems ie original 5Kw with IG inverter and second 5kw system working alongside but with Fronius Primo inverter. Average putting back around 3.5 times what we use into the grid and have not paid a power bill for years and remain in credit. Haven't actually worked it out but original system and 60c FIT nullified power bills and paid for 5Kw additional system. All round an excellent experience but not something to go into blindly. Estimate the two systems have paid for themselves and are now earning. Show additional information
Price includes battery Show additional information
Solargain is listed on your site so I did get the name from you. Their products are all good and their price was better than the 3 quotes I had. Your site proved very useful again (I used your service last time I had solar installed). Many thanks,
David
It shouldn't take over an hour to give a quote. After 10 mins I had already moved to the next. Show additional information
Your website completely influenced the system we chose based on all the valuable information provided but we were not completely satisfied with your choice of referred companies. Show additional information
We got 4 quotes, out of these will only considered Solargain. Reasons being this company has lasted the tested of time and have a good record.
Solargain won out because they explained all of our options and suggested the best system for our situation. Which was a 15kw as opposed to the 10 kw systems the other quoted. As our property is connected to a 3 phase power supply.
This quote were discussed with our energy supplier to enquire whether the system would be accepted (which it will be) and they confirmed what Solargain had told us.
Solargain was the original installer of a 2KW system and their price for an upgrade was reasonable and not completely confusing and misleading like the three you recommend.

The reason why I tried the three you recommended was I wasn't happy with Solargain management but the installation was excellent
You were extremely helpful in all ways it was price and local person solar gain, and that was as much as I was prepared to pay in our situation. I am sure you would have given me better advise which would have saved me a lot of stress re changing electricity company, well after solar was put in. Any way thank you for your help and wish you all the best and would recommend you anytime cheers Jude. Show additional information
I can't comment on the installation yet as it hasn't happened. Show additional information
I like dealing with Michael from Solargain. He knew his industry and product and appeared reliable always getting back to me promptly with any queries. Show additional information
Listened to what I wanted, communicated well throughout, reliable, system (16 QCells with enphase microinverters) worked perfectly from day 1. Show additional information
Solargain were very helpful with followup questions and were able to deliver to original spec as requested.
Kept me well informed
Installers arrived on time and kept me informed with any issues
Very happy with their service and workmanship. Tom in the Melbourne office was great to deal with and very prompt to answer my many questions during the whole process. The installation team was first class and did a great job with my cathedral ceiling install. They also cleaned the sit and even took some of my old boxes away with them. Very highly recommend Solargain... Show additional information
I found solarquotes website very useful.
Solarquotes site practicality answered most of my questions.
I also found mcelectrical.com.au &
I spend 3-4 weeks researching solar panels & got into the finer details.
The hole process has educated me, so thank you.