• With 1000’s of Customer Reviews

Solargain Reviews

About Solargain, Solar Installers

Solargain is one Australia’s largest solar companies and have been a mainstay in the solar power industry since it began. The company started as a one many plumbing business in 1995, servicing and installing hot water and solar hot water. In 2005, the company Solargain was officially formed. In 2008, Solargain dived into solar power, long before it became mainstream. Priding themselves on quality solar, they are proud of the following achievements:

1. One of Australia’s only fully Quality ISO 9001 certified solar organisations.

2. Installed over 55,000 systems nationally, which ranks third nationally in total installed capacity.

3. Have consistently been in the top 5 installers (by volume) nationally for the last five years according to Sunwiz.

4. Solargain is a CEC Approved Solar Retailer and only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

5. Was one of the very first CEC certified organisations, installing systems before solar took off under the original $8000 rebate.

6. Chosen for many commercial projects, including the 1 MW project for the City of Cockburn ARC in Western Australia.

Solargain offers and services almost anything solar related. With major offices in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria, they have one of the widest service networks of any solar company.

Solargain Solar Reviews

Joe from Solargain was very accommodating. I have an install booked and ready. He helped me choose the right system for my requirements and ensured that the system that I chose would be compatible with batteries, in the future.

Highly recommend.
IN ORDER TO GET THE SYSTEM UP AND RUNNING WITH SOLAR REBATES FROM FEEDBACK TO GRID I FOUND THIS DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE. THE TEAM DID HELP BUT IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE PROCESSES TO GET THINGS HAPPENING QUICKLY FROM THE ENERGY RETAILER SIDE OF THINGS. THE SOLARGAIN TEAM DID PROVIDE WRITTEN INFO BUT i GUESSS FOR NEWBIES LIKE ME WITH LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH SETTING UP THE SYSTEM AND ACTIVATING THE GRID CONNECTION PROCESS I FOUND THIS TO BE THE ONLY GLITCH. WHERE I LIVE WE HAVE ONE ENERGY PROVIDER AND MULTIPLE ON-SELLERS. THE ENERGY PROVIDER TAKES 28 BUSINESS DAYS TO REMOTELY FLICK A SWITCH TO CHANGE MY METER OVER TO SOLAR FEED IN, MY ENERGY COMPANY TAKES 10 BUSINESS DAYS TO ACTIVATE YOUR NEW PLAN TO INCLUDE SOLAR. SO i HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY BENEFIT OVER WINTER DESPITE GENERATING POWER FROM THE PANELS.

I REALLY LIKE THE ENLIGHT APP WHICH HELPS ME CHANGE MY POWER USAGE TO MATCH SOLAR PRODUCTION. IM GETTING GOOD AT SETTING AND SCHEDULING APPLIANCES TO WORK WHEN MAXIMUM SUN SHINNING.

JUST NEED A BATTERY SYSTEM NOW.
I appreciated the respect that I was shown by the Solargain sales person. Thanks to the solarquotes website and blog I was able to decide for myself what I wanted and designed my preferred system myself. The Solargain salesman, Jeremy, understood what I was after and was able to meet my requirements exactly. Show additional information
The Solargain salesperson was very prompt in responding to all my queries. I quickly got responses for all my queries and clarifications. He was persistent in chasing on me if I have any further clarifications nor questions that can help me decide easily on the quotes provided. He also offered couple of hundred dollars discount on the system I plan to go to, which definitely helped me further with my final decision.

And it also pays to challenge the quote provided, as there was a clause in the quote advising me that I have to sign the battery storage grant on installation day. It does not makes sense when I read this clause thoroughly, as I have requested for battery-ready system, and not "with-battery" where the grant must apply. The sales person admitted that he made a mistake and quickly revised the quote.

I'm now looking forward for a smooth installation day, soon after they have set a definite installation date.
Sales person provided detailed information on the product that I wanted, and also reassured me of any after-sales services that I could get from them. The latter was the main reason why I chose them over others. Show additional information
Tier 1 panels and top inverter. All fitted yesterday. Show additional information
The solargain team were the loveliest bunch of blokes. They were clean, tidy and very respectful. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants solar installed. Show additional information
Did what they said they would do. Good post install assistance Show additional information
Very helpful after sales service Show additional information
Their administration let me down, after system installed. slow to respond to emails and i had to send four emails to get the 'user manual'.
Wish i had withheld all payment until everything was complete.
Otherwise, all good.
Thanks for your help.
Solargain was the original installer of a 2KW system and their price for an upgrade was reasonable and not completely confusing and misleading like the three you recommend
The reason why i tried the three you recommended was i wasn't happy with Solargain management but the installation was excellent
Your site was full of useful information Thanks Gordon Show additional information
With Solargain, their quote arrived within 24hrs, the second quote took a couple of weeks to contact me and then 6weeks to get the quote to me. By the time I received the second quote I had given up on it and arranged to go ahead with Solargain, so even though the quote was competitive, they missed their chance.

I found Solargain very helpful at walking through the quote with me and answering all my questions. After accepting their quote, installation was set for 3 weeks later which was sooner than expected.

Now I’ll wait and see how installation goes and how the system fits.
Thanks for your help. It was very useful in enabling us to make a decision. The group we are using is very local and is providing both solar power and hot water. Show additional information
I’d appreciate regular updates as to when my system will be installed. Show additional information
Thanks for your help. Show additional information
Pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Show additional information
The system cost more than I was expecting but I went for the latest LG 350W panels and a Fronius inverter which seem to be at the high end price wise. The installation was very good, done in one day, no fuss and panels (6.65kW) and inverter (5kW) placement was better than I had expected. All up a success so far. ACTEW AGL will be installing a new smart meter tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what $ savings accrue.

Thinking of batteries at some stage but need more data before making that decision plus seeking out the benefits of using one of those outfits that coordinates the sharing of power - Reposit rings a bell. The increase in efficiency of panels doesn't seem to be moving up in leaps and bounds but batteries could well do so probably worth waiting to see how that pans out over the next few years before leaping in.

Have appreciated the spadework that Solar Quotes has done in simplifying the process and have recommended your service to others.
Very tidy install with what looks to be quality fittings. Installation was quick and nothing to clean up after they left. Very heavy rainfall on days immediatelyl after install and no leaks in roof. Show additional information
You suggested one but they never contacted me. I found all your information on your website most helpful, thank you, especially the "questions to ask the salesman". Show additional information
We got 2 out of 3 quotes but our supplier by referral was better. Show additional information
I went with Solar Gain because you strongly recommended them and I had had a good experience with them before (through you). This is my second system. They ended up delivering well, but I had my doubts for a while. I actually contacted you to check they were OK. They took three months to get me a quote, which they did remotely with no onsite visit. Then when I accepted they had to change the quote because they hadn't realised that it was a system that needed special tools to dismantle. A trip to the premises for quoting could have ascertained that. This entailed further delays. Meanwhile they were sending me bizarre emails which showed a breakdown in internal communications within the company.
Eventually the new system was installed (two weeks ago) and as far as I know is operating fine.
The industry can be a minefield for the uninitiated & even though I think I've understood the issues I'm not entirely confident. Show additional information
One was quick to contact me and the service and advice was top notch. This was my first choice and probably my preferred system but Solargain beat them on price and offered a discount to fill time slots as well as a family/friends discount which means I can get 6.5kw with Fronius 5kw inverter for $5k. This works out $1000 cheaper but ONLY because of the two discounts, if I was not on a tight budget I would probably have still gone with the other as I like the Canadian Solar panels a bit more than the Jinko. I am happy to go with Solargain however as they have all the same quality of parts and warranties as well as being a CEC approved installer.

One only contacted me once prompted by Solarquotes however he was on holidays when he called me so that may be why.

The other didn’t contact me for weeks and by the time they did I had signed up with Solargain.
It has taken over 5 months, after having the solar panels installed and the bills are far far higher because they failed to send the job to Origin to have our meter-box upgraded, but switched on the inverter before leaving and told us to keep it running anyway until the meter-box is upgraded, which it never was.

By doing this, our meter-box which is not equipped for solar has ran up our bills by hundreds of dollars instead of reducing them. I even had Origin confirm that this is what happened because we didn't have a spinning disk meter, it wasn't able to run back the bill, only add to it.

During this time, I have received appalling service from the team and manager of this company and would not recommend them to anyone. It's honestly the worst incident with a company I've ever experienced, as what they did was illegal and yet they would not admit to anything and the Manager (Brad) was extremely rude and was trying to place the blame back on us. It wasn't until I proved that this has happened to several other customers in the past that they then offered financial compensation, but not enough to cover all of the damages. They also have created 3 leaks in our roof, which was not previously there and we are going to have to pay for someone else to come fix them.

Please refer to reviews from Steven Moon and Meera Khan who appear to have experienced the exact same screw up from this company. There is another local man a street down from me who also suffered from the same screw up from Solargain and had higher bills also.
It took them five months to eventually get someone to install the system. Installation itself, however, was performed fast and professionally. How well it was made only time will tell. Show additional information
Overall experience was satisfactory achieved what I believe was middle of road price and quality, Fronius Inverter and Q Cells 270w panels, installation by Solargain contractor was excellent. Show additional information
I have had the enphase in and its been great.

I had an issue with the electrician only installing a 4.5kv safety wtich for a system rated at 4.8kv. I have tried on numerous occasions to get solargain out to fix it and have all but given up hence why im writing this review now as its been over 2-3 months since any contact from solargain or the installer.

They have failed to complete the online setup of my system in enlighten. I have seen the work they completed for my father who also went with them and it was to a much higher standard than what i had.

I also had an issue where the electrician who was getting the switch board ready for actpla messed up the voltage metres and stuck the usage from mains in reverse.

I have now been told on several occasion an electrician will be sent to change the 4.5kv switch out but all i have had back from solargain is an email with a reciept for warranty.

Yes i messed up when i paid them when i did and shouldn't have but at the same time i would expect better quality service.