Solargain Reviews

About Solargain, Solar Installers

Solargain
Gold Partner
Solargain is a SolarQuotes Client (what does this mean?)
ABN: 90 132 725 501  ABN active since 13 Aug 2008 | Solargain Pv Pty Ltd
ACN: 132 725 501  ACN active since 13 Aug 2008 | Solargain Pv Pty Ltd
Electrical Contractor's Licenses:   (learn about electrical licenses and buying solar)
ACT: 20111150 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

NSW: 221565C Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

QLD: 76260 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

SA: PGE 261922 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

VIC: REC 23503 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

WA: EC 10367 Solargain Pv Pty Ltd

Estimated pricing for system: $4,000 - $8,000 depending on hardware choice ( how is this calculated? )

Solargain is one Australia’s largest solar companies employing over 170 staff and have been a mainstay in the solar power industry since it began. The company started as a one many plumbing business in 1995, servicing and installing hot water and solar hot water. In 2005, the company Solargain was officially formed. In 2008, Solargain dived into solar power, long before it became mainstream. Priding themselves on quality solar, they are proud of the following achievements:

1. One of Australia’s only fully Quality ISO 9001 certified solar organisations.

2. Installed over 65,000 systems nationally, which ranks third nationally in total installed capacity.

3. Have consistently been in the top 5 installers (by volume) nationally for the last five years according to Sunwiz.

4. Solargain is a CEC Approved Solar Retailer and only employs CEC Accredited Installers & Designers.

5. Was one of the very first CEC certified organisations, installing systems before solar took off under the original $8000 rebate.

6. Chosen for many commercial projects, including the 1 MW project for the City of Cockburn ARC in Western Australia in 2017.

Solargain offers and services almost anything solar related. With major offices in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria, they have one of the widest service networks of any solar company.

Solargain Solar Reviews

Fantastic company to deal with.

The quoting process was excellent. However in hindsight I should've pushed to have everything discussed put down in the quote.
The installers were great they were polite very tidy and 10 minutes early. I had a small issue with my installation and the solargain worked quickly and efficiently to sort out a solution.
I would rate their customer service very highly they were a joy to work with

Professional work

Pos: very well organized process. Plenty of information. Almost all technical questions were answered (addressed to retailer). Neg: only minor remarks. Reluctance to come to the site for primary survey and discussion (other did it). Long waiting period, queue about 1 month long, though I realized it is common with this business.
Perfect installation teamwork, all done well, in time and taking my wishes into consideration.

Give them a go...

1. I was a little wary based on some previous reviews, but have them a go.
Sales was excellent. No hard sell. Informative. Every question I had, had a ready answer that I found convincing.
2. Price was competitive. A little below average.
3. Install was fine. Good even. They tried to talk me into changing my design. Difficult to know whether it was to benefit them or me. Quick. Clean. No hassle.
4. Post install was good. I was aware of what needed to be done myself, but the team seemed to manage it without my intervention.
5. System had been performing to expectations. All around, very happy. Waiting for my first bill!

High quality products and great price

Easy, informative quotes, lots of information and advice. Very quick installation by a highly competent electrician. Second time we've used Solargain and can highly recommend them. Show additional information

Excellent customer service, even came and completed a shade survey when we requested

Solargain was the cheapest quote and offered the Q-Cells which other providers wouldn't quote due to the manufacture of military equipment.
Salesperson was very knowledgeable and offered a variety of different brands for inverter and panles which none of the other providers offered.
Installation staff were very prompt and efficient and arranged panels to be orientated to gain maximum exposure.

Excellent Value

From the start, a professional organisation. A detailed quote, quick response to questions, and a very keen price for the system provided. Installation date arranged and adhered to, and the installation was performed to a high standard by polite and competent staff. Very happy with the whole process. Show additional information

Would highly recommend this company

Clear explanation of system in quoting. I went for the bigger system but see now the smaller one suggested was perhaps wiser. The salesman was very honest & not “pushy” in any way.
Installation was punctual, polite & neat although we do have slight shade problem on one side in early afternoon.
Customer service was excellent. I am in my eighties & not really tech savvy & that was no problem. They arranged everything & returned to switch all on when the new meter was installed. I feel free to approach the company any time.

A sub-contractor for Solargain - not recommended

Five stars for the system as I chose quality components and the price was reasonable via Solargain. That's where the positivity ends I'm afraid. Unfortunately Solargain uses sub-contractors and that's a problem in Canberra where it's hard to get good tradies at the best of times. The quality of the install and the customer service was poor and has me regretting even starting this process...

“Thank you Robert for your feedback. We have taken this on board and will look into this for you. Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if you have any concerns with your system and we will happily rectify them for you. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Couldn't Ask for Better Service

Graeme from Solargain was excellent. I had many quotes and chopped and changed between what I wanted before finally deciding. Graeme had no problems at all in re-quoting every time I wanted to change something. After finally deciding to engage Solargain, I had a date locked in with in a couple of day. I was heading overseas for a four week holiday and would only be back for two weeks before heading overseas again for work, so I had a limited time frame for when I wanted the system installed. The day of the install went great, the guys turned up exactly when they said they would and completed the work within the day. Overall, I'm very impressed from start to finish with Solargain.

Hi Heath, we really appreciate your review and thank you for choosing us to install your system! Please contact us on 1300 73 93 55 if there’s anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Slight flaw in process

Solargain didn't perform a site visit and used subcontractors for the installation, so as per my situation where the installation plan created using satellite view was found not to be feasible due to the roof on the day of install, the subcontracted installer was left to position the panels without having seen the images of shading issues that the original plan was designed to avoid.

Sales person was very helpful as was customer service who sorted out all the paperwork and meter replacement etc, and even helped resolve a minor aesthetic issue after the install, they beat the other quotes I received on price, plus the company itself is likely to be around for some time.

The system has been running well so I am happy with how it went, just think they could improve their process by supplying subcontractors with shade mapping in case of situations like mine.

Would I go with them if I could do it over?, possibly I might take the trade-off of choosing a company that doesn't subcontract installs over the long term support of solargain, but that could be a decision i would come to regret 5 years later if that other company ceased to exist or is less helpful after install as solargain is purported to be.

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your comprehensive review. We will definitely pass your feedback onto our team and we’re happy to hear you are enjoying your new Solargain system. Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information

Great looking panels, neat installation

Solargain was very informative and explained everything clearly to keep me in the know throughout the whole process. Installers were punctual, polite & did a neat job on the day.
Even throughout the rebate process they guided me through step by step. Very happy.

Hi Shane, thank you very much for your great rating and review! Kind regards, Solargain. Show additional information
We were assured in 2014 that Renesola were a reputable company and their panels were good quality but they don't back up those claims when the problems arise.

Hi Greg, thank you for the feedback on our company. Unfortunately for your panels to have a warranty claim they need to be underperforming and we can see that they currently are not. However, we have everything logged in our system so should the panels start to show signs of warrantable deterioration, please contact us directly on 1300 73 93 55 to process a claim. Show additional information

Totally professional!

Though the quoting process took a while for us to get the right quotes for the system that we wanted, for comparison, we were happy with it in the end.
Salesperson was flexible.
It helped to know what we wanted, still the process was exhausting because of a lot of information to understand and filter.
Solargain office staff got the paperwork done quickly and seamlessly.
Installation was booked quickly, and installation was done in less than 1/2 day.

Difficult to form a clear judgement at this stage.

Sales/quote process was good in comparative terms. Install was punctual, tidy, and installers were friendly and helpful answering questions. Customer service has been good - organised virtually everything (and offered clear instructions about what I needed to do) and have been easy to contact with any questions. The system is up and running and producing loads of power, so overall, I'm happy, but it is very early days - the system was just installed today. Show additional information
It took 3 weeks for the Inspector to check the system The system was installed on the 11/7/2019 and is still not on the grid yet Show additional information

Professional installer

Installer came to my house and got up on the roof with me, to explain installation.
Friendly team of three installers got job done in one day. I'm a tradesman and their workmanship was superb and efficient.
All paperwork and communications have been prompt and easy to follow.
I can't imagine having a better installation done for me.
Thank you Solarquotes for recommending them. Thank you Solargain for being so professional.
The Panels & Inverter were installed in a little more than half a day on 24/10/18 but the Switchboard upgrade has not been done yet. Show additional information
Overall a really good experience. I'm really happy with the system performance and the overall process that I went through.
I asked a lot of questions of each supplier and took a few months to research the different products and solutions that each offered. I also engaged with another supplier (not through Solar Quotes) through some of my work contacts. After much research, I didn't get a good feeling from SolarEdge as a product. I heard about a lot of failures and the poor product support. I also don't like it when companies start threatening legal action and try to quiet installers who are sharing the truth. I was also warned about the stability and longevity of Enphase as a company, since they nearly went bankrupt several years ago. But I think they have turned things around, and I was confident they had an excellent product range and could continue to support their install base into the future. For me, the MicroInverter while a little more expensive, is the superior solution. I really like the small footprint of the power meter (Envoy Meter-S). I also love the fault tolerance of the system and built in safety.

My only complaints with dealing with SolarGain were the long wait time to do the install, some incorrect documentation was supplied (e.g. wrong solar panel spec sheet). They didn't do a site visit for the quote which meant that on the day the install occurred, the panel layout design had to change due to pipe in the roof. Also, their "customer user manual" was really out of date and not relevant to a Micro-Inverter system (it was focused on traditional string inverter like SMA). I gave them this feedback, and they are trying to update the manual, and have promised to supply it to me when ready. I am also waiting for "MyEnlighten Manager" level access to my system. So far just got the default level of access, which doesn't give you panel level data analysis. SolarGain are looking into that for me, so hopefully it gets sorted out soon. So far, almost 10 days of the system running and it has been producing well above expectation (averaging 23kWh per day). I'd definitely recommend the installer and this solution to anyone.
The Solargain sales consultant was very knowledgeable, very patient and informative as I was coming from a nil base. He put many hours into the sale, including visiting my house and arranging for an inspection of a working heat pump hot water system in another suburb; very quiet. I had been worried about the noise but it was less than many airconditioners. A key issue is the quantum of information that has to be known so that one can invest with confidence. It's not like buying a car; it's more like assembling a system from its component parts after you learn enough to do so. For example, I only stumbled on the heat pump solar hot water system in the last two weeks of my research - and how lucky I did. The absence of any independent consultant advisors means you either accept what is said, or you do the research to satisfy yourself. If the former you need to check out the company properly, as there are sufficient stories of shysters to make one wary.

The Solargain installers of both the heat pump and solar panels and inverter were excellent, industrious and knowledgeable. Up on the roof it looks great, and the electrical connections were better than was used on my previous 1.5kW system.

The back office staff are clearly overworked and unresponsive. In the end the sales person came to my rescue about setting up the Fronius solarweb system, but this was some 5 weeks thereafter.

I would certainly use the Solargain Deception Bay people again, as I now understand the process a lot better, but their office end needs help to provide better service.
They were efficient and reliable and honoured all appointment times. Show additional information
Thank you SolarQuotes, the information you supplied helped me choose a solar system that suited my needs. Show additional information
While the price was important it was the fact that the products used were similar to what other companies were supplying at a higher price.
I have found my dealings with Solargain to be a seamless experience.
Had a couple of local shade issues, but couldn't find anyone who offered analysis with a Suneye 210 or equivalent, and was forced to go with a "best guess" kind of analysis aided by the kind gift from a friend of the Excel chart "Canberra sun angles". It contains the direction and elevation of the sun for every hour of a Canberra calendar year, which helped a bit to give a little backup to the inevitable salesman's optimistic "she'll be right". Otherwise all OK, and thank you for the quotes and all the educational pages - they really helped a great deal.
BTW Sorry for the repetitive "all 4" ratings above, but I stand by them...

Avoid Solargain and their subcontractor Elite Solar

Solargain and their subcontractor do not know the technology they are installing. Solargain sent their subcontractor Elite Solar to my house to install a 10kW system. They recommended that the inverter be installed by the front door. I asked if there would be any noise and was told there be a slight hum. When the system was first turned on it was quite noisy and I queried the installer who confessed that he had only installed small inverters before and didn't realise an 8kW inverter would be so loud. The Fronius inverter is so noisy that it is unpleasant to sit in the yard in front of the house. Solargain came out to inspect the inverter and agreed it was noisy. A month later they said it would cost $1500 to relocate. I disagreed. They came back and said they would move it for $750. I disagreed. Now Solargain do not reply to my emails.

Additionally, Elite Solar punctured 8 holes through my cathedral ceiling by mistake. On the first day Elite Solar turned up and said I needed to upgrade the cable from my switchboard to street, which has cost about $2000.

My recommendation is to avoid Solargain, Elite solar, and Fronius inverters.
Two systems ie original 5Kw with IG inverter and second 5kw system working alongside but with Fronius Primo inverter. Average putting back around 3.5 times what we use into the grid and have not paid a power bill for years and remain in credit. Haven't actually worked it out but original system and 60c FIT nullified power bills and paid for 5Kw additional system. All round an excellent experience but not something to go into blindly. Estimate the two systems have paid for themselves and are now earning. Show additional information
Price includes battery Show additional information
It shouldn't take over an hour to give a quote. After 10 mins I had already moved to the next. Show additional information
Your website completely influenced the system we chose based on all the valuable information provided but we were not completely satisfied with your choice of referred companies. Show additional information